Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JRR.
Speaker 1: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufman and lend Entry Attorneys. Chef Kaufman will be here next next hour for a law disorder. If you get any questions you want me to put in front of him, hit me up at two two, five to six. You can text those questions over Bulldog Mike Beyonkey with us. So we're gonna hit the non football stuff because there's quite a bit of that to cover, as well as the overreactions to the college and pro football games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start with the non football stuff. Orlando City Orlando Pride both have secured playoff spots, but they both lose over the weekend. Doesn't really matter. The Pride have already secured the top seed in the NWSL. Orlando City has already secured the four spots spot in the playoffs, so essentially they're just getting ready for the playoffs, so those losses no big deal. Dodgers and Yankees in the World Series, that's the one everybody wanted. The Dodgers clinch it. My dog Drews clinch at last night with a ten to five victory over the Mets. I mean again, this is the series everybody wanted. Dodgers Yankees show Heyo Tawny Aaron Judge, the top two home run hitters in the league going at it in the World Series. The Yankees have beaten the Dodgers eight times in the World Series, Dodgers have beaten the Yankees three times. They haven't faced each other in the series though, since nineteen eighty one, I think was the last forty three years. Yeah, that's incredible, dude. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the World Series. WNBA. The New York Liberty win the first title in franchise history. They beat Minnesota in the fifth in the siding game, sixty seven sixty two. That's the first pro basketball championship in New York I think since the When did the Knicks win it in the in the seventies?
Speaker 1: Maybe go back a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, Liberty when their first titled NASCAR, Joey Logano was lucky to even get into the playoffs. He slid in last week when who got disqualified to Bowman? Yeah it was Alex Bowman. His car was too heavy, so his car was too light. I'm sorry. So Joey Logano had already left the track. Last week at Charlotte, he finds out, Hey, I'm in because Bowman was disqualified, and then he wins yesterday in Vegas to clinch a spot in the Championship four. Yeah, Joey Logano getting it done, all right?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm looking over at the F one desk and I know lights out is a phrase from F one, but the lights are literally out at the F one desk. No Taco, Bob this morning?
Speaker 2: Where's Taco?
Speaker 1: He's apparently stuck in the keys and missed a flight because of Fantasy Fest. That's all the info I have to that effect, Bulldog. But if he was here, he would tell you that Charles Leclair was the top finisher for the US Grand Prix out of all Austin. His teammate Carlos Saints was second. It was an all Ferrari affair at one two, And I'm Maks for stapping at three, Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Wow for Stappins. Not the same guy anymore.
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: Well he's still the points leader, still leading the championships.
Speaker 2: You still win every week? Yeah he does.
Speaker 1: It's been much more interesting season this year.
Speaker 2: You know who did win yesterday?
Speaker 3: My Jaguars won in London, beat the pathetic Patriots thirty two to sixteen.
Speaker 2: The Jags.
Speaker 3: Again, if you're beating the Patriots, that should only count as half a win. But hey, they still won, so Doug Peterson's job is at least temporarily safe as the head coach of the Jaguars. The Colts beat the Dolphins sixteen to ten in an ugly game. Wow, Tyreek Hill only had one catch. Jayalen Waddle only had one catch. The Dolphins have the lowest scoring offense in the league. Luckily, we think at least that Tua will be back next week and hopefully he can save the Dolphins season. I don't know if he can, but we shall see other And you want to go other NFL games right now?
Speaker 1: Well, you get the Bucks playing tonight and Monday Night football.
Speaker 3: That's right, Bucks and Ravens. That's the hell of a game. Actually two Monday night games tonight. So but other NFL games? Yesterday? Did you watch your Lions?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: They almost blew that thing, man, Yeah, but they won it thirty one to twenty nine. That was a hell of a game to watch. The Chiefs remain undefeated, the only undefeated team. They beat the forty nine Ers yesterday. Brandon Ayuk looks like he has a season injury. Torn acl for the forty nine Ers. Sakuon Barkley returns to New York leads the Eagles over the Giants twenty eight to three and seventy six yards. Here here, here's a resurrection story. Brandon mcmannus. Remember him the Jaguars kicker who was accused of sexually grow helping the two flight attendants on the flight to London last year.
Speaker 2: He was kicked off the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: He hits the game winning field goal for the Packers yesterday. His civil suit got resolved this week, Packers signing. He ends up winning the game for them at the end with a Fueld goal. Other NFL news, Deshaun Watson Wow, looks like he's done for the year with a torn achilles tendon. He's been awful for the Browns, but he's hurt.
Speaker 1: Fans were cheering, Oh no.
Speaker 2: That's bad, that's bad. That has been a disaster up there for the Browns.
Speaker 3: Signing him to that two hundred and thirty one million dollar fully guaranteed contract. Russell Wilson returns to the starting lineup for the Steelers. Steelers beat the pathetic Jets thirty seven the fifteen. The Jets are the biggest disappointment in the league. They signed DeVonta or make a trade for Devonte Adams doesn't help. Aaron Rodgers throws a couple of interceptions for the Jets. And what about the Washington Commanders. They win despite Jaden Daniels going out with a rib injury yesterday. They lead their division now and the Bills with Amari Cooper now in the fold after making a trade for him, they beat the Titans thirty four to ten. College football over the week.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: UCF was this close to upsetting Iowa State. Iowa State scores with thirty seconds left in the game to beat UCF.
Speaker 2: Man, I thought, you see, I have had that game. Gators.
Speaker 3: Gators route Kentucky Jaden Ball their true freshman running back, ties Tim Tebow with five rushing touchdowns, ties of school record for Billy Napier's team. The Gators now four and three. Napier could save his job yet.
Speaker 1: Lynch, yeah out, Yeah, we'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cam Woarre throws for another four touchdown passes. The undefeated Miami Hurricanes hold off Louisville in that game, and then, of course, Friday night, Florida State loses again to Duke. They're now one in six on the year.
Speaker 2: So what else we got?
Speaker 1: Well? Now, Joe, by the way, welcome to the SEC Texas.
Speaker 2: He had Georgia beats Texas thirty? Was it thirty two to fifteen? Wow? And what about this? Here's a question for you.
Speaker 3: If Army or Navy finish unbeaten, don't they belong in the College football Playoff?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: They do. I agree, I agree both of them unbeaten.
Speaker 3: Right now they may actually face each other in the American Athletic Conference Championship game and then have to play again a week later in the Army Navy game.
Speaker 1: What about that? It's crazy, It's absolutely crazy. Uh No, there's a pretty pretty weird weekend. Man, Michigan losing again.
Speaker 3: Michigan losing What about BYU? BYU? Unbelievable game. They've got UCF this week at the Bounce South. That's gonna be fun to watch. And by the way, UCF, even though they lost, I'm calling in a moral victory. Their Running Game got back on track. Jakari Brown, their new starting quarterback, looked pretty good, so we'll see what happens against BYU.
Speaker 1: They definitely gave Iowa State all they could handle. For sure. It was not to be though in the end unfortunately. All Right, plenty to talk about. If you want to go more in depth with Mike the Bulldog Byanky, you'll find him over on AM seven ninety six ninety The Game this Morning, hosting open mic, and of course the Sports page brought you on JRR by Coffin and Lynd each morning at this time.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Under Oath with Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning, seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine The Game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh this track w r har, Orlando's rock station