Speaker 1: Lady and gentlemen, Welcome to Wednesday's Service, episode sixty.
Speaker 2: I am your host, Josh and Monday.
Speaker 1: If you do't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoter, her husband, father and on me veteran and this is brought to you by Cult of Conspiracy Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining me tonight.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys, And this is going to be on Titus Titus one. Everything in my regular life has been going pretty good. I have that trip coming up in June and then in December, so it's about fifteen hundred dollars to go to Puta Arenas, which I didn't expect. I thought it was gonna be like seven hundred. So it's pretty expensive. So I'm probably maybe gonna do like a gofund me just to maybe crowdfund some of it, just to make the wife happy.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: I'll let you guys know if you guys are interested in donating to that trip to find out if the.
Speaker 2: Earth is really symmetrical like they say.
Speaker 1: Then you could you could email me at Josh Monday at Rockamoul dot com and I'll send you a link to donate if you're interested. Okay, Besides that, everything's been good. Just been studying a lot of Young Earth creation and kind of getting into young Earth versus older creation, and yeah, so it's been pretty good. I did a show just recently on that and it was it turned out pretty good. So just kind of studying that portion because I do believe the Bible is talking about a young Earth and I'm trying to get both perspectives down so I can create a show, you know, so I could do my another podcast and stuff like that. So I already did one show so far. I'm gonna refine it as best as I can to try to make it as understanding and kind of going on both sides and showing each side of that. But appreciate you guys joining me. This is going to be on Titus, So let me just go over a quick introduction on the Book of Titus. Titus is only three chapters, okay, guys, so and the short chapters, so we'll probably do Titus and Philimon if he can might knock out both of those, and maybe tonight we'll see. So the Book of Titus a pastoral epistle written by the apostle Paul around eighty sixty four to sixty five instructs his trusted companion Titus to establish orderly, sound, doction based churches in crete amidst a notoriously dishonest Cretan culture. Paul emphasizes the unbreakable link between faith and godly practice, focusing on appointing qualified elders, correcting false teachings, and promoting good works. Key aspects of the Book of Titus written by Paul to Titus, a Greek believer and trusted coworker who helped manage difficult situations in the early church settings. Titus was a left Crete was left in crete to organize house churches on the island. Cretan culture was notoriously corrupt, character by laziness, violence, and dishonesty. With the phrase to act like a Cretan meaning to lie, the letter serves to instruct Titus on how to correct false teachers, set up qualified leadership elders, and trained believers to live in a way that reflects the Gospel. Sound doctrine, and behavior. Beliefs directly impact actions. The Gospel should lead to a life of good works. Grace and Salvation emphasizes that salvation is based on God's mercy, not works. Yet calls for a zeal for good works. As a result of that grace, Church Order sets qualifications for elders, leaders focusing on character, stability, and.
Speaker 2: Doctrine and maturity.
Speaker 1: Structure a concise, practical and urgent letter consisting of three chapters focusing on organized doctrine and daily Christian conduct. Titus is often grouped with one and to Timothy as the pastoral epistles due to their focus on church administration and so Titus is often grouped with Titus one. Oh.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Titus is.
Speaker 1: Often grouped with Timothy one and two as pastoral epistles due to their focus on church administration and pastoral care, which we kind of saw a lot of that right in Timothy. So let me just go over a brief introduction for Titus. Chapter one. Titus one a chapter from the epistle Paul. The Titus presents a powerful exploration of spiritual leadership, integrity, and the importance of adherence to the doctrine of faith. The apostle Paul guides Titus, a Greek companion in his missionary journey on how to establish and manage the early Christian communities in crete and an island riddled with cultural challenges and false teachings. And it's awesome because Paul the Apostle before was a pharisee, right, so gentiles to them were, you know, don't eat with them, you don't do anything like that. So Titus is Greek, so he'd be considered a gentile and his cool. How Paul the Apostle back then is working with Titus and not saying that they didn't work together with other gentiles. It just it became a thing for them. But I just thought that was interesting. So there we go there, and let me hop to my teaching points, and then I'm going to bring up the Titus on the screen right now. It's on Filamon because I was looking through the chapters. So Titus one, let's go ahead and start there. At verse one, it says, greeting Paul, a bond servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness and hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began, but has in due time manifested his word through preaching, which has committed which was committed to me according to the commandment of God our Savior, to Titus, a true son in our common faith. Grace, mercy and peace from God and God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior. Okay, So an interesting part here is which I like to use. We're talking about, you know, the inherentity of scripture or the fact that God cannot lie. So when you see like books like the Book of Genesis, which is like a first hand account from God, the beginning of Genesis, right, when you see stuff like you know, when I talked about biblical cosmology, or you know, or you know, the Young Earth, all that stuff, I like to point to the fact that God cannot lie. Also, Hebrews six eighteen says it's impossible for God to lie. So even in second Kings, do you remember get when we went over that guys where there was a divine counsel, and God will speak into these spirits, and whether they are angels or spirits, what it said was, he said, who's going to go down and lie to the prophet? And he said he sent down a lying spirit, right, because God cannot lie. So he has to ask these spirits who will go down? Because he can't lie. So that's just an example of what that means. You know. So when God is telling us how he created the heavens and the earth, and he is is a first hand account from him on how the heavens and the earth were created, then we go with what God says and not what man says. Right. Romans three four says, let God be true, every man a liar. So that's kind of why I use that, you know. Also Hebrew six eighteen where it says it's impossible for God to lie, right, So we know that God cannot lie. So we as Christians, we believe the Bible right, and that is, you know, where we need to be grounded. And that's what we're doing right now. We're going through the Bible to learn everything to make sure we apply it to our life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's go ahead and check out some notes I have. So Apostolic authority and purpose. Paul begins by establishing his authority as a servant of God, an apostle of Jesus Christ, emphasizing his mission to further the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth. So Apostolic authority refers to the divinely ordained power and responsibility given to the apostles by Jesus Christ to lead, teach, and establish the early Christian Church. This authority is rooted in the commission given by Christ himself as recorded in the New Testament. The apostles were chosen by Jesus to be his primary witnesses to carry forth his teachings to all nations. The foundation of apostolic authority is seen in passages such as Matthew twenty eight, Verses eighteen through twenty, where Jesus declares, all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the of the Sun and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. The Great Commission underscores the apostles role in spreading the Gospel and establishing the Church, and Acts one to eight Jesus further empowers the apostles, saying, but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in Judea and Samaria to the ends of the earth. The coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost Acts two marks the beginning of the apostles ministry, equipping them with the necessary spiritual gifts and authority to fulfill their mission. The apostolic authority is evident in the governance and doctrinal decisions made by the Apostles and Acts fifteen. The Council of Jerusalem serves as a prime example of the apostles exercising their authority to resolve theological disputes, demonstrating their role in maintaining doctrinal purity and unity within the church. Apostolic purpose. The purpose of the apostles was multifaceted, encompassing the proclamation of the Gospel, the establishment of the churches, the teaching of sound doction, and the edification of believers. Central to their mission was the testimony of Jesus Christ, life, death, and resurrection, as emphasized in One Corinthians fifteen, verses three through four, where it says, for I delivered you as of first importance, which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures. The apostles were tasked with laying the foundation of the church, as described in Ephesians two, verses nineteen through twenty. Therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the Saints and members of God's household. Build on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. Their teachings and writings, inspired by the Holy Spirit, formed the basis of Christian doction and practice. In addition to evangelism and church planting, the apostles were responsible for nurturing and disciplining believers. This is evident in the pastoral epistles were Paul and Struck, Timothy and Titus on matters of the church, leadership, sound teaching, and godly living. The apostles Letter to various churches address The apostles Letters to various churches address issues of faith, conduct, and doctrine, providing guidance and correction to ensure the spiritual growth and maturity of the early Christian communities. The apostolic purpose was included the defense. The apostolic purpose also included the defense of the faith against false teachings and heresies. Jude one three exhorts believers to contend earnestly with the faith once delivered to the saints, highlighting the apostles role and safeguard in the truth of the Gospel. In summary, apostolic authority and purpose were integral on the establishment and growth of the early Church. The apostles, empowered by the Holy Spirit, were entrusted with the mission of spreading the Gospel, teaching sound, doctrine and sheep, hurting the fleeting Christian communities, ensuring the continuity and integrity of the faith for future generations. Okay, let me get back down to my teaching points here. Okay, good stuff on the apostolic authority and purpose, and then verse six will be coming up in a moment. Let's just go and do a brief description of what we just read with verses one through four in Titus one through four. In First and Titus Chapter one, verses one through four, Paul establishes his authority as a bond servant of God and apostle of Jesus Christ commission to foster the faith and knowledge of the truth among God's elect He highlights that the ministry is rooted in the hope of eternal life promised by the non lying God. Entrusted to him to strengthen churches through orthodox teaching. Paul's identity defines himself as a bond servant slave of God signifying total submission, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, possessing divine authority. Purpose of ministry, his work aims to increase the faith of God's elect and prom the knowledge of the truth that results in godly living versus so that was verse one, versus the Gospel basis, and verses two through three. The message is rooted in the hope of eternal life promised by God who cannot lie. This promise was manifested through preaching at the proper time and then addressing Titus in verse four, Paul calls Titus his true child and a common faith, emphasizing their shared spiritual bond and providing him with the authority to oversee churches in crete and then also in verse four, the opening concludes with the blessing of grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus.
Speaker 2: Our Lord and Savior.
Speaker 1: This introduction sets the states for Titus to establish orderly churches and counter false teachings in crete by focusing on sound doctrine and godliness.
Speaker 2: Okay, so very interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Now let's hop down to verse four. Now it says qualified elders. It says for this reason I left you in crete that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint elders in every city, as I commanded you. If a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of disposation or insubordination. For a bishop must be blameless as a steward of God, not self willed, not quick tempted, tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, not but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober minded, just, holy, self controlled, holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able by sound action both to exhort and convict those who contradict. So Paul outlines the qualifications here for the elders, stating that they must be blameless the husband of one wife having children who are believers. This highlights the importance of personal integrity and family leadership. We've gone over qualifications elders, but in the New Testament, the role of an elder is a significant position within the early Christian church tasked with leadership, teaching, and pastoral care. The qualifications for elders are primarily outlined in the pastoral epistles, specifically in One Timothy three verses one through seven, and Titus five Titus one five through nine. These passages provide a framework for the character and the abilities required for those who aspire for office. And One Timothy three to one through seven, which he went over a couple weeks ago. The apostle Paul writes to Timothy provided a detail list of qualifications for anyone designing the position of an overseer, which is synonymous with elder. Paul states this is a trustworthy saying. If anyone aspires to be an overseer, he desires a noble task. An overseer then must be above reapproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given a drunkenness, not violent, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and keep his children under control with complete dignity. For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how can he care for the Church of God? He must not be a recent convert, and he may he may become conceited. He may become conceited and fall under the same condemnation as the devil. Furthermore, he must have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fail into disgrace and into the snare of the devil. And then in Titus one, verses five through nine, which we just read, Paul also instructs Titus on the qualifications for elders, emphasizing similar attributes. The reason I left you in crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you. An elder must be blameless, the husband but one wife having children, and believers who are not open to the charge of being wild or disobedient. As God's steward, an overseer must be above reapproach, not self absorbed, not quick time, not giving a drunkenness, not violent, not greedy for money. Instead, must be hospitable, a lover of good, self controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. Character of character and conduct. The qualification emphasizes the moral and ethical behavior of the elder. He must be above reapproach, indicating a life that is free from scandal or legitimate accusation. The elders to be the husband of one wife, which has been interpreted as a call to meriatural faithfulness and moral integrity. The elder must be temperate, self controlled, respectable, hospitable to teach, able to teach, highlighting the importance of personal discipline, relational skills, and doctional soundness. Family management. An elder's ability to manage his own household is seen in a microcosm of his ability to lead the church. He must have children who are believers and well behave, demonstrating its capability to lead and nurture in a family setting. Spiritual maturity, the requirement of an elder must not be a recent convert. Underscores the need for spiritual maturity and experience. This maturity helps prevent pride and ensures that the elder is grounded in faith. Reputation. An elder must have a good reputation with outsiders, reflecting the importance of a credible witness to the broader community. This reputation protects the church from scandal and enhances its mission. Doctrinal soundness, the ability to teach and hold firmly to the sound doction, is crucial. Elders are responsible for encouraging the church with sound teaching and refuting false teachings, safeguarding the integrity of the faith. These qualifications underscore the gravity and responsibility of the role of an elder, ensuring that those who lead the church are equipped with both equip both in character and in doction, to shepherd the flock effectively. Amen and then in verse seven. Character traits of leaders. Elders must not be arrogant, quick tempered, drunkards, violent, or greedy for money, but rather hospitable, a lover of good, self controlled, upright, holy in discipline. These traits underscore the moral and ethical standards expected of church leaders and the Bible, leadership is a significant theme, and the character traits of leaders are often highlighted as essential for guiding God's people. The scriptures provide numerous examples and teachings that outline the qualifications expected of leaders, both in the Old and New Testament. Wisdom is foundational trait for leaders in the Bible. Solomon, known for his wisdom, is a prime example. When God offered him anything he desired, Solomon asked for wisdom to govern the people effectively. In First King's three, verse nine, Solomon, Praise, give your servant therefore an understanding heart to judge your people and to discern between good and evil. This request please God, emphasizing the importance of wisdom and leadership. Integrity and righteousness. Integrity is another crucial trait. Leaders are called to be righteous and blameless. Proverbs eleven three states the integrity of the upright guides them, but the perversity of the faithless destroys them. Leaders like Daniel exemplified integrity, remaining faithful to God even in the face of persecution in Daniel six verses four through five. Humility. Humility is a hallmark of biblical leadership. Jesus Christ, the ultimate leader, demonstrating humility by serving others. In Matthew twenty twenty six through twenty eight, Jesus teaches, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave. Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many. Courage and boldness. Leaders in the Bible often face daunting challenges required requiring courage and boldness. Joshua was commanded to be strong and courageous as he led the Agielites into the promised Lamb. Joshua one nine records God's encouragement. Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord Yahweh, your God will be with you wherever you go. Imagine if God spoke to you and said that to you, well, he pretty much is. He's letting you know that he's talking to Joshua like that because he's a child of God. Well we're also children of God, right, so he's talking to Joshua like that. But he's also letting us know that when you're a child of God, you're walking in righteousness, that he's gonna make you. He's gonna tell you to be courageous and do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord Yahweh, your God will be with you wherever you go. All right? Amazing faithfulness to God and his commandments is a non negotiable trait for leaders. Moses, despite his human flaws, was faithful in leading the Israelites out of Egypt. Hebrews three five commends Moses. Now Moses was faithful as a servant in all God's house, testifying to what would be spoken later servant leadership. The concept of servant leadership is deeply embedded in biblical teaching. Hey, guys, I'm going through all this stuff. I like to go through the notes anyway. But it's good because in case any of you want to become a leader, Like I had somebody that just hit me up recently that's you know, listened to my show, you know, and he said that he's gonna start doing a Bible study on the internet, you know. So you know, he's amazing. It's awesome to hear that kind of stuff. And also I want to give a big shout out to God because man, I had a friend that was pagan, like straight pagan, right, I don't mean to jump off subject, but he was a straight pagan, you know, and he just gave his life to the Lord. So it's amazing he listens to the Bible study once in a while. He's listening to me debate a lot. He set up a couple of my debates, you know, and he I've always been nice to him. I've always been cool with him. And even though he was pagan, I didn't care. I'm still gonna you know, I got to make sure I treat people, you know, the best I could treat them, you know, so that it attracts him to the faith. Now was it me that got them converted? No, it's God that got m converted. Because but you know, as Christians, we plant seeds and then God allows it to grow. And that was the turning point for him, was him dealing with all these atheists and the way that they treated him, the way that they acted compared to how Christians treat him. And we were treating him always with kindness, and we're always treating him well. So it's it's a blessing. So God is so great. Thank you Lord for that. Let me continue. Leaders are called to serve others selflessly. Jesus exemplified by this by washing his disciples feet, as recorded in John thirteen fourteen through fifteen. So if I, your lord and teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash another's feet. I have set an example so that you should do as I have done for you. Next, Patients and perseverance. Patients and perseverance are by for leaders, especially when facing trials. James one four encourages believers allow the perseverance to finish its work so that you may mature and complete, not lacking anything. Leaders like Namiah demonstrated perseverance and rebuilding Jerusalem's walls despite opposition. Next. Justice and fairness just as a recurring theme in the Bible, and leaders are expected to uphold it. But Kai six, verse eight states, he has shown you, oh man, what is good? And what does Yahweh, Lord Yahweh. What does the Lord Yahweh require of you? But to act justly and love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. Leaders like King David sought to rule with justice and equity, love and passion. Love and compassion are essential traits for leaders reflecting God's character. Paul and one Corinthians thirteen one through three emphasizes the supreme of the supremacy of love. If I speak in tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only ringing gong or a clanging symbol. Leaders are called to love their people genuinely, as seen in the pastoral care of shepherds like David. These character traits are outlined in the Bible, providing a framework for godly leadership, emphasizing the importance of aligning one's life and actions with God's will and purpose purposes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so perfect.
Speaker 1: And then it also talks about Titus one nine. It says Paul instructs Titus the whole firmly to the trustworthy message and encourage others by sound docrine and refute those who oppose it. This highlights the importance of doctional purity and the need to confront false teachings. I have to read this one because this is important for us. And like I said, these are very short chapters, so there's going to be a lot of notes on certain sections. Okay, guys, so please bear.
Speaker 2: With me, and I'll go over a brief description of what we read.
Speaker 1: So you see, okay. Sound doctionn refers to the teaching and instruction that aligns with the truth of the Gospel is revealed in the scriptures. It is a foundation upon which the Christian faith is built and is essential for spiritual health and growth to believers. The apostle Paul emphasizes the importance of sound doctrine and his pastoral epistle, particularly in his letters to Timothy and Titus. And that's gonna be first Timothy ten. Okay, so you know what, I'm not gonna read that one yet. I'm gonna wait till we get to one ten.
Speaker 2: Nine. Was there holding fast and faithful words? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh sor right, I'll read those after we read this next when so let's get a brief description of what we just read. Titus five one five through nine instructs Titus to appoint godly blameless elders and every Cretan town to establish order in combat false teaching. These leaders must display mature character in their personal lives, family, and doctrine, specifically requiring integrity, hospitality, self control on the ability to teach sound doctor the mission Paul left Titus in crete to set in order the things that are lacking or ordain elders in every city. Establish a structured, accountable leadership plurality of elders. And then that's in verse five personal character. In Verses six through eight, an elder must be blameless, they're approachable, not perfect, but strong moral character. Specific traits include which we've taught. We kind of hit on this a lot, but family life a woman, a man, a one woman man, faithful to his wife with obedient children. Not accused of dispensation. Dissipation, Sorry, dissipation not dispensation, it's dissipation. Temperament not arrogant, quick temper, greedy, violin or heavy drinker. Virtues, hospitable, loving, what is good, sensible, prudent, upright, and holy. Doctrinal fidelity. A leader must hold firmly to the faithful message scriptural truth, to encourage believers with sound teaching, and refute those who will pose it. These qualifications emphasize that character, not just talent, is the primary requirement for church leadership. The goal is to protect the church from false teachers, especially crucial and the difficult cultural contexts of crete. Okay, so next up we're going to be reading verses ten through sixteen the elder's task, For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision whose mouse must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not for the sake of dishonest gain. One of them, a prophet of their own, said, Cretans are always liars, evil, beast, lazy gluttons. This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth to the peer. All things are peer, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is peer. But even their mind and conscious are defiled. They profess to know God, but in works they deny him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work. Okay, so we'll go over a quick.
Speaker 2: Note, real quick.
Speaker 1: So Paul warns against rebellious people full of empty talk and deception and Titus one to ten, particularly those who disrupt households and teach for dishonor his gain. This serves as a caution against those who distort the truth for personal benefit. So we'll just read about the problem of false teachers. The issue of false teachers is a significant concern throughout the Bible, addressed by various authors in both the Old.
Speaker 2: And New Testaments.
Speaker 1: False teachers are those who distort the truth of God's word leading believers astray with deceptive doctrines and practices. The Bible provides numerous warnings and instructions on how to identify and respond to such individuals. Estament, false prophets were a recurrent problem for the people of Israel. These individuals claim to speak on behalf of God, but delivered messages that contradicted his revealed will. Deuteronomy thirteen one through three warns if a prophet or dreamer or dreams arise among you and proclaims a sign or wonder to you, and if the sign or wonder he has spoken to you comes to pass, but he says, let us follow other gods which you have not known, and let us worship them. You must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. This passage highlights the importance of discerning the true message of God from falsehood, even when accompanied by signs and wonders. All right, so we should know that even if somebody can do you know, magic, or you know, there's people that are you know, for example, people that are nowadays that can do witchcraft, you know, So they might do signs and wonders and try to get people to follow them, and instead of instead of leading you to they're leading you to God. You know, they're going to lead you away from God right and try to have you worship other gods and let you know that I got power from these demons, and they give me more and more power every time that I do this or that, or sacrifice.
Speaker 2: This or do whatever.
Speaker 1: So that's the kind of an example of modern day sorcerers or Satan worshipers or you know, their deceivers. So they want to act like they do good magic. I do white magic, not black magic, and you know it's all bad, you know, all bad, but they'll have signs and wonders to try to get you to do it. And there's plenty of people that fall for that deception, okay. New Testament Warnings. The New Testament continues to address the issue of false teachers, emphasizing the need for vigilance and discernment within the Christian community. Jesus himself warned of false prophets in Matthew seven, verse fifteen. Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly their ravenous wolves. This metaphor illustrates the deceptive nature of false teachers who may appear harmless but are ultimately destructive. The Apostle Paul frequently addressed the problem of false teachers, and his Epistles and Acts twenty verses twenty nine through thirty, he cost the Ephesian elders, I know that after my departure, savage wolves will come in among you, and will not spare the flock, even from your own number. Men will arise up and distort the truth to draw away disciples after them. Paul's letters to Timith the Entiers contain instructions for church leaders to guard against false teachings and to uphold sound doctrine. Characteristics of false teachers. The Bible provides several characteristics to help identify false teachers. They often promote teachings that deviate from the core truth of the Gospel, as seen in Galatians one six through nine, where Paul expresses astonishment that the Galatians are turning to a different gospel. False teachers may also exist and moral behavior has described in tewod Peter two one through three. But there are also false prophets among the people. Just as they were, they will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who brought them in the greed. These false teachers will exploit you with deceptive words. Response to false teachers, the Bible instructs believers to respond to false teachers with discernment and action. In First John four one, believers are urged to test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This involves comparing teachings against the truth of scripture and seeking the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Church leaders are often Church leaders are called to protect their congregation by refuting false teachings and upholding sound doctrine. Titus one, verse nine states that an elder must hold firmly to the trustworthy message that it has been taught, so that he can others, by sound doction refute those who oppose it. Believers are also encouraged to grow in their knowledge of the Word to avoid being swayed by false teachings, which we're doing now on these studies right. As emphasized in Ephesians fourteen, there will be no There will no longer be infants tossed around by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. Conclusion, the problem of false teachers is a persistent challenge for the church, requiring vigilance, discernment, and a steadfast commitment to the truth of God's word. By adhering to biblical teachings and relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, believers can protect themselves and their communities from the destructive influence of false doctrines. Very important, and it's important for us to be going through the Bible. You know, I think I mentioned this a few times, but there's some pastors that like to do subject matter. So they'll do like a subject, you know, every single week, and then they pull Bible verses throughout the whole Bible, you know, basically cherry picking verses to go through to go with their subject. So what happens is, you know, I did this like you know what I would do, like a biblical cosmology show, where you know, I take all these verses and put them together. But I just thought about it after I was doing that and doing all these I did like what I did the first eight shows.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're doing Bible study.
Speaker 1: We were doing other stuff, so I kind of thought about it like, man, like we got to go through the Word, you know, and go through the whole entire Bible, because this will assist you in being able to prepare you for if you hear false doctrines or somebody bringing you something that's not in scripture, You're gonna be able to pick it up pick up on it a lot easier going through the whole entire Bible, verse by verse and chapter by chapter, the whole Bible. You know. That way, you have the right to do something. When people come up to you and try to bring a doctrine to you, or they bring anything to you that has to do with the Bible that they say is in scripture, you just tell them one thing. Actually this is a few things, not just one thing. But what you tell the person is I want chapter and verse of everything that you just said right now, where is it in the Bible? And you have every right to say that. And because they're coming at you with something that's spiritual, so you need to make sure that it lines up with the Word of God. If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, what spirit is that coming from? It's coming from another spirit, you know, demonic wherever. So if they do prepare themselves and they come to you and they say this is in scripture, and they bring scripture to you, make sure you see exactly what scripture is saying about what they're teaching. I guarantee you that if it doesn't line up with the Bible and they're trying to pull Bible versus, hopefully you are sound enough in doction or in the Bible to know that what they're teaching is wrong. Sometimes you get let as stray and it happens, you know, but you know the Jehovah's witness, for example, they have their Bible would say that Jesus is a god, right not the God, so it says that he's a god like an elohem, you know. So you notice little things like that. If the Mormons come to you and they try to tell you this stuff is in the Bible, and they try to tell you, you know, you need to read tell them chapter and verse. If you do speak to Mormons, I don't know. I don't speak to him, but I will though if they want to talk about the Bible, I mean, now I will. Before I would just I wouldn't even talk to them, you know. But yeah, you just want to make sure and I'm not And I know somebody that's Mormon that's actually one of our contract and he's super super nice guy, you know, super cool.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm just trying to.
Speaker 1: Let you know that. You know, you got to be able to you know, and then you also want to be able to stand fast on your feet as a Christian, you know, so you want to be able to be well studied. That's why we go through the Bible here, and then you also maybe do your own studies, you know, on your own and you just start sharpening that sword, because the word is a double edged sword, you know, and it's also one of the weapons that we use when it comes to a Feesian six, you know, that's it's it's the offensive weapon that we use. And the more that you sharpen your skill with scripture, then that the better it is for you to be able to answer questions and do some apologetics when people are asking you questions, because you're going to have people that are new to the faith that want to know certain things, and it gets very hard when someone's asking you questions about the Bible and you don't know it as a Christian, right. That's the good part about what we're doing. We're going through the Bible. Are we going to remember everything we went over? No, But that's why we go over the Bible again, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and just continue to go and go and go.
Speaker 1: Then you're gonna pick up things here and there, and by the time you know it, you're gonna know, you know, a lot of a lot of stuff in the Bible. So that's just my thought.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Did we we went through? Okay, we went through that, So let's go over a quick description of what we just read. Titus one, verses ten through sixteen instructs Titus to forcefully silenced false teachers within the Cretan Church, particularly those from the Circumcision group who were subverted, who were subverting households with unauthorized, deceptive doctrines for financial gain. Paul highlights their rebellious, hypocritical nature, urging a sharp, sharp rebuke for so believers remain sound and faith and versus.
Speaker 2: Let me see do we.
Speaker 1: The elders is a word of both idle talkers. I don't know, I'm getting off topic here. Did we go over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think we did? Sound and faith, not heating the Jewish fables. You know what, I'm getting a little confused here if I went over verses ten through sixteen yet, I'm going to reread ten through sixteen just to make sure, because I'm getting confused on whether we read it yet. Sorry about that, guys. My wife walked in while I was talking to you guys, and it just it threw me off balance here the elder's task. Did we read this yet?
Speaker 2: I don't know if we did.
Speaker 1: Sorry, for there are many in supporting and both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of circumcision whose mouse must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they're not. Yeah, I think we did read this Jewish Fables commandments and men turn from truth to all pure things are pure. But to those who are defiled, they're unbelieving nothing is pure, but even their mind and conscious are defiled. They profess to know God, but in works they deny him, being abominable, disobedient, disqualified for every good work. So if we read that, I apologize, guys. I don't know why. My brain just had a brain fart. Okay, So the problem is in verse ten through eleven, many unruly, insubordinate, and empty talkers were disrupting entire families with false doctrines focusing on Jewish myths and human commands. And verse eleven, these teachers were motivated by shameful gain, dishonest money, and rather than rather than spiritual truth. And verse thirteen Paul commands Titus to rebuke them sharply to ensurely become sound in the faith and stop causing division. Characterization of false teachers verse twelve and sixteen described as liars, evil brutes, and lazy gluttons that claim to know God but deny him through their disobedient actions and corrupt works. Defiled minds to those who are corrupted and unbelieving. Nothing as pure as their minds and conscious are defiled. This passage emphasizes that true doction must lead to holy living. When teachers are disobeding in a moral their message is invalid. It highlights the responsibility of church leaders to protect the flock from harmful, divisive teachings. And like I said, I apologize, guys. I don't know if I read this when my wife was walking in the room, and it might not have been registering with me or what But that's the end of the chapter. I kind of breeze through ten through sixteen because I thought maybe I read it to you guys, but I don't know, maybe I was tripping. But thanks for your patience. I'll try to focus more. Okay, so we're going to be on chapter two. Let me just do the practical applications for the chapter real quick. So practical applications. Evaluate leadership qualities. Reflect on the qualities Paul lists for church leaders, and consider how they apply to your own life and leadership roles, whether in the church, home, or workplace. Next, pursue personal integrity. Strive to embody the character traits of an elder, such as being self controlled, upright, and discipline in your daily interactions and decisions. Guard against false teachings. Be vigilant and study in scripture to discern truth from falsehood, and be prepared to gently correct those who may lead astray by deceptive teachings. Incourage and the next encourage sound doctrine. Support and encourage church leaders who faithfully teach and uphold sound doctionne, recognizing the importance of their role in maintaining the spiritual health of the congregation. And next, we're going to do additional scriptures that connect. Obviously, first tim at the three verses one through seven parallels this list of qualifications, so that'd be a good one. First Peter five verses one through four, offers guidance on shepherding the flock with humility and a willing heart, not for personal gain. And then we have Acts twenty Verses twenty eight through thirty one Paul exhortation to the Ephesian elders to be vigilant against false teachings, emphasizing the need for spiritual oversight. Okay, so now we're going to be on chapter two. Let me just go over a brief description of what not a brief tourch is what we read, but let me just go over the introduction. Sorry, guys, I'm tired from work again. But it's all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get into shape here.
Speaker 1: Titus two is an essential part of Paul's pastoral letter to Titus, a young church leader in Crete. In this chapter, Paul lays out practical guidelines for Christian living, emphasizing the role of sound action and influencing behavior, the responsibility of various groups within the cre community, and the transformative power of Christ's redemption. All right, so let me just hop down real quick to my teaching points and take a drink, All right, Titus. Two qualities of a sound church. But as for you, speak to things which are proper for sound doctrine. That the older men be sober, reverent, temperature, sound, and faith, and love and patience. The older women, likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things, that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed. Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober minded in all things, showing yourself to be a pattern of good works. In doctrine, showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say to you. Export bond servants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back, not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity that they may adorn the doction of God.
Speaker 2: Our Savior in all things.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I got some notes on that. Let me just highlight so I know where I'm where I've read. Okay, so let me do that. Let's do this, sh just so.
Speaker 3: I know where I'm at.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Sound doctrine Titus one two states but as for you, speak the things that are consistent with sound doction. This emphasizes the importance of teaching her and adhering to biblical truths. What is sound doctionrin? Sound doctrine refers to the set of tea teachings of beliefs that are biblically accurate and consistent with the core tenets of the Christian faith. It is derived from the Greek word hugino, meaning to be healthy or to be sound. In the context of Christian theology, sound action is essential for the spiritual health and growth of believers in the Church as a whole. It serves as a foundation for truth. Sorry it serves as a foundation for faith and practice, ensuring that believers are rooted in truth and protected from false teachings. The New Testament frequently emphasizes the importance of sound doction, and one Timothy one, verse ten the Apostle, Paul warns against behaviors and teachings that are contrary to sound action. This highlights the necessity of adhering to teachings that align with the truth of the Gospel. In Psycho Timothy four, Verse three, Paul four warns Timothy for the time will come when men will not tolerate sound action, but with itching ears, they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. This passage underscores the challenge of maintaining sound doction and the face of cultural pressures and personal preferences that may lead individuals away from biblical truth. Titus one nine instructs church leaders who uphold firmly to hold firmly to the trustworthy message that as it was taught, Okay, yeah, we went over that part. Okay, that's good, So that by sound teaching he will be able to encourage others and refute those who contradict it. This verse highlights the role of church leaders and upholding the disseminating sound doction, as well as the responsibility to correct false teachings. What's some characteristics of sound doctionn Sound doction is characterized by its alignment with Scripture, its consistency with teachings of Jesus Christ, and its affirmation of the core doctionns of the Christian faith, such as the Trinity, the Deity of Christ, salvation by grace through faith, and the authority of scripture. It is life life. It is life giving, promoting spiritual growth and maturity among believers. What's the role in the church? Sound doctrin plays a crucial role in the life of the church. It provides a framework for teaching, preaching, and discipleship, ensuring that the message of the Gospel is communicated accurately and effectively. It also serves as a standard for evaluating teachings and practices within the church, helping to guard against heresy and division. And Ephesians four fourteen and Ephesians four fourteen through fifteen, Paul writes, then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around in every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men and their deceitful scheming. Instead speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ himself, who is the head. This passage illustrates the stabling effect of sound doctrine, which helps believers mature in the faith and remain steadfast amidst false teachings challenges to sound action. Throughout history, the Church has faced numerous challenges to sound doction, including heresies, cultural influences, and philosophical ideologies that contradict biblical teachings. Their early church contended with gnosticism, arianism, and other heretical movements that threaten the integrity of Christian doctrine. Today, relativism, secularism, and synchronism post similar challenges, requiring vigilance and discernment from believers. In church leaders conclusion, while sound auction is foundational to the Christian faith, it requires ongoing commitment and discernment to uphold believers to a pop Believers are called to study scripture diligently, engage in theological reflection, and participate in life in the life of the church to remain to ensure that their beliefs and practices remain rooted in biblical truth. Okay, so like we're kind of doing that now, We're getting rooted into the Word. We're learning as much as we can chapter by chapter and verse by verse. So I think it's a blessing and it helps a lot. So the chapter outline specific instructions for older men, older women, young men, and slaves. Oh yeah, So the chapter begins by outlining specific instructions for older men, older women, young women, young men, and slaves, highlighting the importance of each group in the church community. So, in the Biblical context, roles and responsibilities are divining the ordained functions and duties assigned individuals and groups within the framework of God's creation and his covenant community. These roles are often delineated delineated by God to ensure order, purpose, and harmony in both familial and communal settings. Creation and human responsibility. From the beginning, God establishes roles and responsibility for humanity and Genesis one twenty six through twenty eight. God creates mankind in his image and assigns them responsibility to fill the earth and subdue it, and to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, and every creature that crawls upon the earth. This dominion mandate underscores humanity's role as stewards of God's creation, tasks with managing and caring for the earth. Family rules the family. The family unit is a primary context where roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, and Ephesians five twenty two through thirty three, the apostle Paul outlines the roles of husbands and wives emphasize a mutual love and respect. Humans are called to love their wives just as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her Ephesians five twenty five, while wives are instructed to submit to their husbands as to the Lord. This passage highlights the complementary nature of maritural roles and rooted in sacrificial love and mutual submission. Children also have specific responsibilities within the family. Sheesian six one through three instructs children to obey your parents and the Lord, for this is right, and to honor your father and mother. This commandment is accompanied by a promise of well being and longevity, underscoring the importance of familiar respect and obedience. Church roles. Within the church, roles and responsibilities are vital for maintaining order and promoting spiritual growth. Apheesians four eleven through twelve describes various roles such as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers given to equip the saints for works of ministry, and to build up the Body of Christ. These roles are designed to foster unity and maturity within the church community. The qualifications and responsibilities of church leaders, such as elders and deacons are detailed in One Timothy three verses one through thirteen and Titus one verses five through nine, which we went over societal roles. The Bible also addresses roles and responsibilities within society. Romans thirteen to one through seven instructs believers to submit to governing authorities, recognizing that there is no authority except that which God has established. This passage highlights the responsibility of Christians to respect and obey civil authorities, as they are considered God's servants. For maintaining order and justice in the workplace, Colossians three, verses twenty three through twenty four encourages individuals to work heartily as for the Lord and not for men, recognizing that their ultimate reward comes from the Lord. This perspective transforms work into the act of worship and service to God, regardless.
Speaker 2: Of one's earthly position.
Speaker 1: Conclusion, the Bible provides a comprehensive framework for understanding roles and responsibilities across various spears.
Speaker 2: Of life.
Speaker 1: These roles are not merely social constructs, but are rooted in God's design and purpose for humanity, reflecting his order and wisdom.
Speaker 2: Okay, so very important.
Speaker 1: So older men, they are called to be temperate, dignified, self controlled, and sound in faith, love and perseverance. Oh they're women. They should be reverent behavior, not slanders or addicted to much wine, but teachers of good. The young men encouraged to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled, pure managers of their households, kind and subject to their own husbands. Or that's young women. Young men urged us to be self controlled and set an example by doing what is good. Slaves are instructed to be submissive to their masters and everything to be well pleasing, not argumentative.
Speaker 2: So let's look into that real quick. So we're, like I said, we have.
Speaker 1: A lot of notes because look, we only have eleven through fifteen and then tit. This is going to be complete. So let me just go over this real quick, because this is kind of important because people see slavery and they go, oh my goodness, look at the Bible supporting slavery. Let's look at this. It says in biblical times Slavery was a common institution across various cultures and societies, including those depicted in scriptures. Slavery and the Bible encompassed a range of practices, from indentured servitude to lifelong bondage. The Hebrew term often translated as slave is ebed, which can also mean servant or bond servant depending on the context. Similarly, the Greek term doulos is used in the New Testament to denown a servant or slave. The Old Testament provides numerous references to slavery, reflecting its prevalence in ancient Near Eastern societies. The Mosaic law included a specific regulation regard in the treatment of slaves, emphasizing human treatment in certain rights. For instance, Exodus twenty one two through six outlines and conditions under which a Hebrew slave could be set free. If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to be served for you for six years, but in the seventh year he shall go free without payment paying anything. This passage highlights the concept of sabbatical year, which allowed for the release of Hebrew slaves. Leviticus twenty five thirty nine through forty three instructs the Israelites on the treatment of fellow Hebrews who become impoverished and sell themselves into servitude. You are not to rule over them harshly, but you shall fear your God. This reflects the broader Biblical principle of compassion and justice even within the institution of slavery and the New Testament. Slavery is addressed within the context of the Roman Empire, where it was deeply entrenched social system. It was a deeply entrenched social system. The Apostle Paul and his Epistles provides guidance to both slaves and masters, urging them to conduct themselves in a manner that honors God. A feast in six five to nine instruct slaves to obey their earthly masters with respect and sincerity, as you would obey Christ, while also admonishing masters treat their slaves with fairness, knowing that they too have a master in heaven. The Letter in Philammon is a notable New Testament text concerning slavery, which we're gonna read. I'm not going to give you a spoil alert.
Speaker 2: We'll wait for that.
Speaker 1: What's the theological implications The Bible's treatment of slavery must be understood within its historical and cultural context. With the scriptures do not explicitly condemn the institution of slavery, they introduce principles that ultimately undermine its foundations. The emphasis on inherent dignity of human beings created in the image of God Genesis one twenty seven and the call to love one neighbor as oneself Leviticus nineteen eighteen and Matthew twenty two thirty nine lay the groundworth for eventual abolition of slavery. The New Testament focused on spiritual equity in Christ. Equality in Christ, as articulated in Galatians three twenty eight, there's neither Jew nor Greek slave, nor free male nor female, For you are all one in Christ. Jesus further challenges the social hierarchies of the time. This theological perspective has inspired many Christian movements throughout history to advocate for the abolation. Abolation is the abolition of slavery and the promotion of human rights. While the Bible reflects the realities of its time, its teachings contain seeds of transformation that have influenced the course of history. The principles of justice, compassion, and equality before God continue to inspire believers to work towards a world where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Perfect all right, now, let's go ahead and a check a check out. A brief description of what we just read. Titus two, verses one through ten outlines the essential connection between sound action and godly behavior, urging different groups within the church, the older men, the older older women, younger women, younger men, and servants to live in a way that makes the Gospel attractive. It emphasizes that true faith must result must result in practical everyday actions or adoring the doction, contrasting with the false teachings of that time. Sound action leads to sound living. In Verse one, the foundation of Christian faith is right teaching. Paul instructs tightus to teach behavior that align with the truth of the Gospel, not just moral rules, and in verse ten, adoring to the doctionne The primary goal of living according to these instructions is to make the message of God our Savior attractive.
Speaker 2: And respect what happened? Titus one, ten through sixteen. What happened?
Speaker 1: The primary goal of living in according to these instruction is to make the message of God our Savior attractive and responsible to outsiders. Specific group instructions. Older men in verse two to be so reminded, dignified, self controlled, sound and faith, love and endure parents. Older women verse three to live reverly, avoid slander and excessive wine, and train a younger woman and train younger women. Younger women in verse four and five to love their husbands and children, be self controlled, pure, and homemakers. Younger men to be self controlled, temperate in all things, and then bond Servants and workers in verses nine through ten to be submissive, respectful, honest, and trustworthy to their masters, reflecting the character of God. Contextual application, this passage often acts as a precursor to the gospel messages in Titus two eleven through fourteen highlights that every member of the church has a role in demonstrate in the transformative power of grace through their daily conduct, ensuring that the reputation of God's word is not maligned. Okay, cool, So now let's go ahead and dig into verses eleven through fifteen. Trained by saving grace for the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that denying in godliness and worldly lust, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed, hope and glorious appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ. So that's interesting the way that aligns, because you see it usually says our Great God, the Father and Lord Jesus Christ. But right here it says looking for the blessed, hope and glorious appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ. So let me just do something real quick. We'll finish the chapter. I don't want to get Let me finish this. It says, this is verse fourteen, who gives himself for us, that he might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for himself his own special purpose. Zealous for good works. Verse fifteen. Speak these things, exhort and rebuke all that authority. Let no one despise you. Okay, so let me do something. I'll probably forget where I'm even at now because Whata's tired. But Titus, let me check what it says two verse fourteen. Nope, verse thirteen. I just want to see what it says. In the King James. I know that there were Trinity writers, you know, some of them are Trinity, believe the Trinity. So even in the King James, it says looking for the blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the Great God and our Savior Jesus Christ. Appearing of the Great God and our Savior Jesus Christ. So literally, Paul is calling Jesus God right here. Unless there's like a unless I'm missing something Geneva Bible, this is something that people use for the for the Trinity, for sure. In the Geneva Bible verse, Let's see what it says here. Yeah, so in the Geneva Bible, it says looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the Mighty God and of our Savior Jesus Christ. So we're looking for the appearing of Jesus and God is you know, it says that no one is seeing the invisible God. So we're looking for the appearance, the appearing of the glory of the Mighty God and our Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us. So that the whole sense there is a definitely something that people use for the Trinity. I'm sure people that don't believe in the Trinity. Probably have something to say, you know about that, But I just thought it was interesting the way that that verse connects, because usually Paul says God the Father, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Right Usually he doesn't just flow like that where he says our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ. It's almost like he is calling him God right there. To me. I don't know about to you, guys, but that sounds like the deity of Christ.
Speaker 2: To me right there.
Speaker 1: And that's a blessed verse right there, all right. So it's usually not as plain to read as that verse right there, guys, if that makes sense. I'm sure that you know you've been going through the Bible with me this whole time. But that is a really good verse right there. For I would say the Trinity or oneness. You could use it for either one. So we have some notes here. The Grace of God Titus two, verses eleven through twelve reminds us that the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, teaching us to live godly lives. Oops, I want to go to the grace of God.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: The grace of God is a central theme in the Christian theology, representing the unmerited favor and love that God extends to humanity. It is through grace that God offers salvation, forgiveness, and eternal life to sinners. Grace is not earned by human effort or merit, but a gift freely given by God. The apostle Paul emphasizes this in Ephesians two, verses eight through nine, for it is by grace that you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves. It is a gift of God, not by works, so that no man can boast. While the term grace is more explicitly developed in the New Testament, the concept is present throughout the Old Testament. God's grace is evident in his covenantial relationship with Israel, his patience, and his willingness to forgive. For example, Exodus thirty four to six, God reveals himself to Moses as the Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion and truth. The New Testament provides a fuller revelation of God's grace, particularly through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. John one fourteen declares the word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only son from the Father full of grace and truth. Jesus embodies grace, offering redemption and reconciliation to all who believe salvation by grace. Central to the Christian understanding of grace is the doctrine of salvation by grace through faith. Romans three twenty three through twenty four states, for all have sin and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. This underscores that salvation is a divine gift, not a human achievement grace and sanctification. Grace is not only the means of salvation, but also the power for sanctification. It enables believers to grow in holiness and to live a life pleasing to God. Titus two eleven through twelve, which we just read, teaches for the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, and instructs us to renounce on godliness and worldly passions and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives. In the present age, Yes, grace and the life of a believer. The grace of God is active in the daily life of believers, providing strength, comfort, and guidance. Hebrews four, verse sixteen encourages believers approach the throne of Grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. This access to God's grace is a source of continual support and empowerment Grace and the Church. The early Church was characterized by profound sense of grace, as seen in Acts four, verse thirty three, with power. With great power, the apostles continue to give testimony about the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all. The community of believers is called to reflect God's reflect God's grace, reflect God's grace and their interactions, fostering unity and love. Conclusion, the grace of God is a foundational element of Christian faith, encompassing his love, mercy, and kindness towards humanity. It is through grace that believers experience salvation, transformation, and the hope of eternal life. As recipients of this divine grace, Christians are called to live lives that reflect the grace they have received, extending it to others in love and service. I got a few things to go over real quick before we go to chapter three. What are the roles of older men? Okay, let's click that. So, if there's any older men that are listening, this is the role for you, Okay, it says. In the Biblical context, older men hold a significant and respected position within the community in the church. The scriptures provide guidance on the roles, responsibilities, and character traits expected of older men, emphasizing wisdom, dignity, and leadership, wisdom and experience. Older men are often associated with wisdom and experience, qualities that are highly valued in the Biblical narrative. The Book of Job highlights the expectation that age brings understanding. Wisdom is with the age and understanding in Length of Days Job twelve twelve. This wisdom is not merely intellectual, but is deeply rooted in a life lived in accordance with God's principles. Role in the family and community. In the family setting, older men men are seen as patriarchs, responsible for guiding and instructing their households in the ways of the Lord. The Apostle Paul and his letters underscores the importance of older men setting a godly example, and Titus two to two Paul instructs older men are to be temperate, dignified, self controlled, and sound, and faith love and perseverance. These qualities are essential for maintaining harmony and spiritual health within the family and the broader community. Leadership in church. The New Testament outlined outline specific roles for older men within the church, often referring to them as elders or overseers. These positions are not merely honorary, but come with significant responsibilities. It's talked about in one Timothy three verses one through seven, which we've gone over already a few times. Okay, guys were talking about you can only have one wife, temperate, self controlled, and all that.
Speaker 2: I won't go over it again.
Speaker 1: Mentorship and discipleship older men are also called the mentor and disciple younger generations. This is a reoccurring theme in the pastoral epistles, where Paul encourages older men to teach and model godly behavior, and Titus two sixty three Paul advisess similarly and encourage the young men to be self controlled in everything. Show yourself to be an example by doing good words in your teaching, show integrity, dignity, sound speech that is beyond reapproach. This mentorship is crucial for the spiritual development of younger believers and the continuity of the faith across generations. Character and conduct conduct the character of older men is a focal point of the Biblical teaching, as stated in Proverbs sixteen thirty one. It states gray hair is a crown of glory. It is attained along the path of righteousness, suggesting that a life lived and righteousness is honored and respected. So all right, I don't know how gray hair yet, So I guess I'm still a young man. We'll see where I'm at. Respect and honor. The Bible commands respect and honor for older men, recognizing their contributions and the wisdom they offer, because nineteen verse thirty two instructs you are to rise in the presence of the elderly, honor the aged, and fear your God. I am the Lord Yahweh. This respect is a reflection of the value placed on age and experience within the Biblical framework. In summary, older men in the Bible are portrayed as pillars of wisdom, leadership, and integrity. Their role is vital in the family, church, and community, serving as examples and mentors to younger generations. The biblical portrayal of older men underscores the importance of living a life that is pleasing to God, marked by faith, love, and perseverance. All right, so we talked about older men, Let's talk about older women. It says they should be reverendent behavior, not slanders or addicted to much wine, but teachers of good. Let's give a Let's give you a detailed description. In the Biblical context, older women hold a significant and respected role within the community and the family. The scriptures provide guidance on the conduct, responsibilities, influence of older women, emphasizing their importance and teaching and mentoring the younger generation role in conduct. The Apostle Paul, in his letter to Titus, outlined specific instructions for older women in the church and Titus two verses three through five, Paul writes, likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in their behavior, not to be slenders or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good, and this way they can train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, to be subject to their husbands so that the word of God will not be discredited. This passes highlight several key attributes expected of older women. Reverence. Older women are called to exhibit a demeanor or respect and holiness reflecting their maturity and wisdom and the faith sobriety. They are advised against excessive indulgence, particularly in wine, which underscores the importance of self control and moderation teaching. Older women have the responsibility to ens truck and guide the younger women, passing on wisdom and practical knowledge about family life and godly living. Influence in mentorship. The mentorship role of older women is crucial in the Biblical framework. Their life experiences and spiritual maturity positions them as valuable resources for younger women navigating the challenges of marriage, motherhood, and personal conduct.
Speaker 2: Sorry, uh yeah, let me stop there.
Speaker 1: So my daughter put a Mermaid sticker on my arm. I was wondering what that was. It was bothering me.
Speaker 2: It was itching. That's so cute. That is so cute. All right.
Speaker 1: See this is how this is girl. Dad Right here man got the I get these, uh, I got all three girls, you know?
Speaker 2: So I always get stick that all right?
Speaker 1: So it says their life. Their life experiences in spiritual maturity position them as valuable resources for younger women navigating the challenges of marriage, motherhood, and personal conduct. By teaching what is good good, they help ensure that the values and principles of the Christian faith are upheld and transmitted to future generations. While the Bible does not provide extensive narratives focused solely on older women, several figures exemplify the virtues and roles described. For instance, Naomi in the Book of Ruth serves as a mentor and guide to her daughter in law Ruth, offering wisdom and counsel that ultimately leads to Ruth's marriage to Boaz and the continuation of Naomi's family line. Ruth three verses one through five, which we have read already, right, We went over that. Similarly, Anna the Prophet is mentioned in Luke two thirty six to thirty eight, is an example of an older woman devoted to prayer and worship. Her recognition of the infant Jesus as the Messiah and her proclamation to others in the temple demonstrate her spiritual insight and dedication. Conclusion, the biblical betrayal of older women emphasizes their vital role in the spiritual and practical education of younger generations. Through their reverent behavior, teaching, and mentorship, they contribute significantly to the health and continuity of the Christian community. Next, we have young women in the Bible. Young women are often depicted in various roles in context, reflecting both the cultural norms of ancient times and the timeless principles of faith, virtue, and godliness. The scriptures provide guidance and examples of young women emphasizing their value, responsibilities, and potential in God's plan. First biblical example Rebecca. Rebecca is introduced as a young woman of great beauty and kindness. Her willingness to serve is evident when she offers water to Abraham's servant and his camels. Her account highlights the virtues of hospitality and obedience as she becomes the wife of Isaac and the mother of Jacob and esau Ruth, a mole by widow, exemplifies loyalty and faithfulness. Her decision to stay with her mother in law Naomi and her famous declaration where you go, I will go, Where you stay, I will stay. Ruth one sixteen demonstrates her commitment, encouraged to Ruth's account as a testament to God's providence and the blessing that came from her faithfulness. Next, Esther as a young Jewish woman who becomes Queen of Persia. Esther's bravery and wisdom are pivotal in saying saving her people from destruction. Her account found in the Book of Esther underscores the importance of courage and the impact of one young woman can have when she trust in God's timing and purpose. Next, we have married the mother of Jesus. Mary is perhaps the most reverent young woman in the Bible, chosen to bear the son of God. Her response to the Angel Gabraham, I am the Lord's servant. May it happen to me according to your word reflects her humility and obedience. Mary's wife life is a model of faith and devotion. Biblical teachings virtue and purity. Young women are encouraged to pursue virtue and purity in One Timothy four, verse twelve, and guys, I'm going over each one of these because you guys are gonna be in some of these categories. I know that I'm not talking to anybody that's a baby, so we're going to be in one of these categories. Paul advises, let no one despise your youth, but set an example for the believers in speech and conduct, and love and faith and impurity. This verse highlights the importance of living a life that reflects Christian values, wisdom and instruction. Proverbs thirty one describes a wife of noble character, a passage often cited for its betrayal of a virtuous woman while it's addressed while it addresses married women, it's principles of wisdom, diligence, and fear of the Lord are applical to young women as well. Proverbs thirty one thirty states charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord Yahweh is to be praised. Roll in the church and family, young women are encouraged to learn and grow in their faith, contributing to the life of the church and their family. Titus two, verses four through five instructs older women to train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled, peer managers of their household kind and subject to their own household, so that the Word of God will not be discredited. Spiritual gifts and service. The New Testament affirms that all believers, including young women, are endowed with spiritual gifts for edification of the church. Young women are encouraged to use their gifts and services others, as seen in On Peter for verse ten, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve one another. While the cultural context of the Bible differs from today, the principles regarding young women remain relevant. Relevant The emphasis on character, faith, and service transcends time, offering guidance for young women navigating contemporary challenges. The Bible encourages young women to embrace their identity in Christ, pursue Godliness, and impact their communities positively. Let's see if I'm going to fall into the young man category or old man category, says. In Biblical times, young men were often seen as individuals transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. Adulthood typically characterized by vigor, strength, and potential for leadership. They were expected to prepare for roles in family, community, religious life, embodying virtues such as courage, wisdom, and faithfulness from adolescence to adulthood. Oh, it looks like I'm out of that one. I guess I'm just the older man. Joseph, the son of Jacob, was a prominent example of a young man who demonstrated integrity faithfulness. Despite being sold into slavery by his brothers, Joseph rose to a position of power in Egypt. His account, found in Genesis thirty seven through fifty highlight the importance of trusting in God's plan and maintaining righteousness in the face of adversity. David as a young shepherd, David was anointed by Samuel to be a future king of Israel for Samuel sixty on Samuel sixteen. His defeated Goliath and one Samuel seventeen exemplifies the courage and faith that young men are called to exhibit. David's life illustrates the journey from youthful zeal to mature leadership. Guys, now I'm feeling old because they're not saying I'm a young man anymore. They say I'm an older man. Daniel taking into Babylon captivity. As a young man, Daniel remained steadfast in his faith by commitment to God, even in a foreign land. Is evident in his refusal to defile himself with the King's food Daniel one, verse eight. Daniel's life is a testament to the power of prayer and the importance of maintaining one's convictions. Timothy, a close companion of Apostle Paul. Timothy was a young leader in the early Church. Paul's letter to Timothy one and one Timothy and Tewod Timothy provided guidance on leadership, sound, doction, and personal Paul encourages Timothy, saying, let no one despise your youth, but set an example for the believers in speech and conduct, and faith, and in love and impurity. Strength and vitality. Young men are often associated with physical strength and energy. Okay, maybe I am a young man then Proverbs twenty twenty, United States. The glory of young men is their strength and gray hair, the splendor of the old. Well, I'll guess I'm in the middle. This strength is to be used in the service of God and others, wisdom and instruction. While young men possess strength, they also encouraged to seek wisdom and instruction. Proverbs one, verse four speaks of giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young, and pursuit of wisdom to the life as a lifelong journey. Also recall for moral and integrity. Young men are called to live lives of moral integrity. Psalms one nineteen nine asks how can a young man keep his way pure by guarding it according to your word? Adhering to God's commandments is essentral for maintaining purity and righteousness. Next, we have zeal for God. The Bible encourages young men to be zealous for the Lord. Ecclesiastes twelve, verse one advises, remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and year's approach, when you will say I find no pleasure in them. A fervent relationship with God is foundational for a life of purpose and fulfillment. Last, Challenges and temptations. Young men face various challenges and temptations, including pride, lust, and pressures by conforming to worldly standards. The Bible provides guidance and encouragement to overcome these obstacles through reliance on God's strength and wisdom. Paul advises in two Timothy two twenty two flee from youthful passions that pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace together with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. The Bible presents young men and individuals with great potential and responsibility. Through examples of faithfulness, courage, and wisdom. Young men are encouraged to live lives that honor God and serve others. By embracing biblical principles, they can navigate the challenges of youth and growing to mature godly leaders. Praise God. We're done with that chapter. Let me just go over.
Speaker 2: We went over the past em besizes the doction that must lead to holy living. Oh, we already went over that.
Speaker 1: Let me see, all right, let me just go to Titus chapter three. So thank you for your patience on that. That's a lot that I read, you know, out of the notes, but it definitely goes along with everything that we just talked about.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was good because.
Speaker 1: We're all included in there at some point, you know. I don't know, it seems like when they say young men, they're talking about younger you know, men that go from like teenage to you know, so there's a certain age range there. And then it says older men, which I guess I'm forty two, So I guess I would be in the mid range, you know, so i'd be in the upper Still, I guess I'm an old man now. But anyways, all right, Titus three. Oh, you know what, I have to go over practical applications before we jump to Titus three. Practical applications embrace sound action. Regularly study and apply biblical teachings to ensure your life aligns with God's word. Number two mentorship. Encourage older members of the church to mentor younger ones, fostering a community of growth and accountability. Number three self control. Practice self control in all areas of life, recognizing it as fruit of the spirit and a testimony to others. Number four role fulfillment. Embrace and fulfill your God given roles and responsibilities within your family and church community. Grace feel living. Let the grace of God guide your actions and interactions, reflecting His love and salvation to others. Let's see what additional scripture connect we have. First Timothy four, verse twelve. Let no one despise your youth, but set an example for the believers in speech.
Speaker 2: And conduct, and love and faith, and in purity.
Speaker 1: Then we have Ephesians five twenty one through thirty three, instructions on relationships with the family, emphasizing love and respect. Then we have Galatians five twenty two through twenty three, the fruit of the Spirit, highlighting qualities like self control and love. Then we have One Peter two verses eighteen through twenty one, encouragement for slaves to submit to their masters even when it is difficult, as a testimony to Christ.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, what happened there?
Speaker 1: Titus two. Now we're going to Titus three. Okay, you should have some different.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, good, good, good, good good. All right.
Speaker 1: So Titus three, as part of the apostle Paul's pastoral Epistles, provides key teachings on Christian conduct, the importance of good works, the transformative power of God's grace, and guidelines for dealing with divisive people and issues. This chapter underscores a profound challenge that salvation brings in a believer's life, and the importance of living out these changes practically and visibly. Okay, so let's go ahead and go down to my teaching points perfect, and we're going to start out and Titus three, verse one, grace of the errors of grace, Grace of the airs of grace, says verse one says, remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, and to be ready.
Speaker 2: For Excuse me, let's start that over again. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. Verse three. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lust and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God, our savior toward man appeared. Yeah, so you see that. It's another one. Titus is a good one. It says, But when the kindness and love of God are Savior towards man appeared, not by works this verse five righteousness which we have done. But according to his mercy, he saved us through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ, our savior. So they say, ah, it's separated the persons there. Verse seven, that having been justified by His grace, we should become errors according to the hope of eternal life. Verse eight is a faith This is faithful, saying that these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable for men. Okay, So first off, we have this chapter starting with submission to authority. Right. So Titus three to one instructs believers to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work. This emphasizes the importance of respecting, obeying governmental and societal structures as part of our Christian witness. It's kind of hard when the government we have right now is all up in the Epstein files. So I wonder what we do in that situation, all right, So definition and scope. Submission to authority is a biblical principle that involves recognized and in yielding to the positions of leadership and governance established by God. This concept is rooted in the understanding that all authority ultimately derives from God, and therefore respecting earthly authority as an act of obedience to Him. Biblical foundation. The Bible provides numerous passages to emphasize the importance of submission to authority. One of the most direct teachings is found in Romans thirteen one through two, which we've gone over before. Everyone must submit himself to governing authorities. For there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. Consequently, whoever resists authorities opposing what God has said in place and those who do so, will bring judgment on themselves. And the Old Testament, submission to authority is illustrated through the governance of kings, judges, and prophets. For instance, the Israelites were commanded to obey the laws given through Moses, as seen in Deuteronomy seventeen, verse twelve. The man who acts presumptuously by refusing to listen to the priests, who who stands there to serve the Lord Yahweh, your God, or to be judged, must be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel. The New Testament further elaborates on this principle, particularly in the context of early Church of Roman governance. In one Peter two, verse thirteen and fourteen, believers are instructed submit yourselves to the Lord's for the Lord's sake, to every human institution, whether to the king or to supreme authority, or to governors as those sent by him to punish evil doers and praise well doers. Jesus an authority. Jesus himself demonstrated submission to authority, both divine and earthly. He acknowledged that the authority of the Roman government, as seen as a response to the Pharisees Matthew twenty two, twenty two twenty one, render to Caesar's what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. Moreover, Jesus submitted to the will of the Father, exemplifying perfect obedience.
Speaker 2: John six thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Example. The Apostles also modeled submission to authority even when faced with persecution. Acts five twenty nine records Peter and the Apostles saying we must obey God rather than men, highlighting that submission to earthly authority is contingent upon and not conflicting with, God's commands. You see, that's that's a good one. There we go. So that's a great way to put it. So we should we must obey God rather than men. So if it goes against the Bible of what you're taught in the Bible, or if it's morally wrong, then don't listen to men. Don't listen to governments if they're doing that. But if, like if it's telling you to take the mark of the beast, you don't listen to governments when it's telling you to do that. Or when the end times come, you know, the governments are going to be following the Antichrist. Are we supposed to listen to the government then no, we have to have common sense.
Speaker 2: In this right.
Speaker 1: So we're seeing that the government's getting more and more evil, you know, when they're trying to tell you to take shots in the arm, you know, back in during COVID, and you don't want to do it. It's your body, your choice. It's going to against God. Because this is our temple. So we don't want to be putting anything in our temple, you know, which is it's God's temple basice, you know, So we don't want to put anything in our temple that's going to disrupt anything that's any kind of functions that are happening in our body, and it might be disrupting things like that God originally made us in his image. So you know, I'm not saying the vaccine was the mark of the beast or anything crazy like that. But what I am saying is we need to be careful with governments, you know, especially right now. Believers are called to respect and pray for those in authority, as instructed in One Timothy two, verses one through two. First of all, then I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone, for kings and all those in authorities, so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity limits of submission. This is good. While submission to authority is a Biblical mandate, it is not absolute. When human laws or commands directly contradict God's laws, believers are prioritize obedience to God. This principle is evident in the actions of Daniel, who continued to pray despite the king's edict Daniel six, verse ten, and the Hebrew midwives who defiled Pharaoh's orders to kill Hebrew male infants Exodus one seventeen. The biblical principle submission to authority underscores the importance of order respect within society, also affirming the supremacy of God over God's authority overall. I'm gonna go ahead and copy this so that I can.
Speaker 2: Send it to.
Speaker 1: I need to send this to myself, so I can send this to somebody that was trying to debate me on this, because the whole section there's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I like it, and I want him to read it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we went through one through eight, right, so let's go over a quick Let's go over a brief description of what we just read. Titus three, verses one through eight, calls Christians to live as exemplary citizens, submissive to authorities, peaceable, and gentle, while grounding their actions in the grace based salvation of verses four through seven. It emphasizes that believers are saved by God's mercy, not works that dedicate themselves to doing good deeds Verses one through two. Christians should be submissive to rulers, ready for good works, avoid slander, be peaceable, and show all humility to all men. This behavior distinguishes believers from a rebellious society and acts as a witness. The Gospel basis and verses three through seven, Paul reminds that reminds that believers were once sinful, but were saved by their own righteous We're not saved by their own righteous acts, but by God's mercy and washing, reachil, generation, and renewal of the Holy Spirit. This transformation justifies believers by grace, making them heirs with hope the purpose of salvation. This trustworthy statement teaches that those who trust God must focus on doing what is good. These good works are described as excellent and profitable for everyone. In summary, this past just balances the doction of salvation by grace alone with practical requirement of a challenge changed life characterized by good works. General behavior toward all people. All right, let me just go ahead and go back to the teaching points. See what I have so Verse two. It encouraged Christian conduct. Right encourages us to slander no one, to be peaceable and gentle, showing full consideration to everyone. Our interactions should reflect Christ's love and humility, avoiding quarrels and promoting peace. Christian conduct. Christian conduct refers to the behavior and lifestyle ect of individuals who profess faith in Jesus Christ. It encompasses moral, ethical, and spiritual dimensions, guiding believers in their instructions with God, interactions with God, fellow humans, and the world. The Bible provides comprehensive teachings on how Christians should conduct themselves, emphasizing holiness, love, humility, and obedience to God's commandments.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I just want to give a.
Speaker 1: Quick definition of that, and then verses three through seven. Transformation through grace Verses three through seven reminds us of our past state of sin and transformative power of God's mercy. He saved us not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy through the washing of new birth and renewal of the Holy Spirit. This underscore salvation is a gift of grace, not earned by works. Look a little deeper into that. Transformation through grace is a central theme in Christian theology, emphasizing the profound change that occurs in a believer's life through the unmerited favor of God. This transformation is not merely a moral or ethical improvement, but a fundamental change in nature and identity brought about by the Holy Spirit. The concept is deeply rooted in scripture and is pivotal to understanding the Christian experience of salvation and sanctification. The New Testament provides a robust framework for understanding transformation through grace, which we talked about in Ephesians two, verses eight through nine, where it says, for it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves. That is a gift of God, not by work, so that no one can boast and tewo. Corinthians five, verse seventeen. Paul further elaborates, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come. This verse highlights the radical nature of transformation, where the believer becomes a new creation, shedding the old self and embracing the new identity in Christ. The role of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit plays a crucial role in the process of transformation has talked about in Titus three, verses five through six, where Paul explains He saved us not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to the mercies, through the washing of the new birth and renewal of the Holy Spirit. This is the spirit who poured out poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ, our savior. The Holy Spirit is the agent of renewal, affecting the change and grace initiates, and then we have sanctification and growth. Transformation through grace is not a one time event, but a continuous process known as sanctification. Romans twelve to two exhorts believers do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you will be able to discern what is good pleasing in per perfect will of God. This ongoing transformation involves the renewal of the mind, aligning one's thoughts and actions with God's will. Grace and works well. Transformation is initiated by grace, it naturally results in good works. James two, verse seventeen states, so to faith by itself, it does not result in action is dead. Genuine transformation through grace produces a life characterized by good works, not as he means the earned salvation, but as a fruit of the new life in Christ. Examples of transformation. The Bible provides numerous examples of individuals transformed by grace. The apostle. Paul himself is a prime example. Once a persecutor of Christians, his encounter with Christ on the road to Damascus led to a radical transformation, turning him in turning into one of the most influential apostles, which is in Acts nine, verses one through nineteen. Another example is Zechias, the tax collector who encountered who's encounter with Jesus led to a dramatic change in his life, resulting in restitution and generosities Luke nineteen, verses one through ten. Conclusion, Transformation through grace is a dynamic and ongoing process that begins with salvation and continues throughout the believer's life. It is a testament to the power of God's grace to change hearts, renew minds, and produce lives that reflect.
Speaker 2: The character of Christ.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's go ahead and check out what it says here in verse nine. It's a Titus three verse nine. Avoid dissension, but avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions and strivings about the law, for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject the divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning being self condemned. All right, so very important, So let's go ahead and dig deeper into that. Verses nine through eleven worn against engaging in fullest controversies, genealogies, arguments and quarrels about the law, which are unprofitable and useless. Instead, we are to focus on the unity and edification within the body of Christ. The concept of avoiding divisive behavior is a significant theme in the Bible, emphasizing the importance of unity, peace, and love within the Christian community. Divisive behavior, which includes actions and attitudes that cause discord and strife, is consistently discouraged in scripture. The Bible provides guidance on how believers should conduct themselves to maintain harmony and avoid division Biblical exhortations against division. The apostle Paul addresses the issue of divisiveness in several of his epistles Romans sixteenth, seventeenth through eighteen. He warns the believers, Now I urge your brothers to watch out for those who who create divisions obstacles that are contrary to the teachings that you have learned.
Speaker 2: Turn away from them.
Speaker 1: For such people are not serving our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery, they deceive the hearts of the naive. Here, Paul emphasizes the need for vigilance against those who would disrupt the unity of the church through false teachings and self serving motives. Verse Corinthians one, verse ten, Paul appeals to the church in corinth I appeal to you brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree together, so that you may be no divisions among you, and that you may be united in mind conviction. This plea underscores the importance of unity in thought and purpose among believers, highlight in the destructive nature of division the role of love and humility. The Bible teaches that love and humility are essential virtues in preventing divisive behavior. Ephesians four two three, Paul writes, be completely humble and gentle, be paid, bearing with one another in love, make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace. This passage suggests that maintaining unity requires conscious effort to practice humility, patience, and love. Similarly, in Philippians two versus three, through four. Believers are instructed do not out of selfish ambition or empty pride, but in humility, consider others more important than yourself. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also in the interests of others. By prioritizing the needs and well being of others, Christians can foster an environment of mutual respect and cooperation, reducing the likelihood of division. Example, the example of Christ, Jesus serves as the ultimate example of how to avoid device of behavior. His life and teachings consistently promoted peace, reconciliation, and unity. In John seventeen twenty through twenty one, Jesus prays for all believers, saying, I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who believe in me through their message. That all who may be one as you, Father are in me. I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that.
Speaker 2: You sent me.
Speaker 1: This prayer reflects Christ's desire for unity among his followers, mirroring the unity he shares with the Father. Practical steps for avoiding division. The Bible provides practical steps for avoiding divisive behavior and Matthew eighteen, verses fifteen through seventeen, Jesus outlines a process for resolving conflicts. If your brother sins against you, and you confront him privately, if he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if you will not listen, take one or two others along that every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. This process encourages direct communication and reconciliation aim to restore relationships to prevent further discord. Additionally, and Colossians three, verses twelve through fourteen, believers are encouraged to put on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other, forgive any complaint you may have against one another, forgive us the Lord forgave you, And overall these virtues, put on love, which is the bond of perfect unity. By embodying these virtues, Christians can create a community characterized by peace and unity, effectively avoiding divisive behavior. This is very important right here, you know, So I wanted to go over all that because we have to understand, you know, and I also have to kind of study this deeper and find out, you know, because sometimes I like to go off and do these debates. And I mean, I don't mind debating someone that's not Christian. Obviously, this doesn't pertain if you're dealing with someone that's not a non believer, but it does pertain to treating them with love, kindness, patience, fairness, all that. But it's talking about the divisiveness of the church, not to divide the church. It's talking about avoiding foolish disputes, you know. I mean I see that a lot, you know, like when, But it's also talking about correcting wrong doctrine as well in Titus, right, so we need to correct false teachings and false doctrines. But at the same time, I guess if the believer believes the same as you, you know, let's say that, you know, the person believes the same as you, avoid foolish disputes, okay, genealogies, contentions and strivings about the law. Yes, okay, So copy. I'm going to send this to myself as well, because that's a nice little section right there that I need as well. So let's do that paste, all right. So let me just go over a brief description of what we just read. Titus three, verses nine through eleven, instructs believers to avoid useless, argumentative or legalistic theological debates that cause division and to reject divisive individuals after two warnings. Paul emphasizes that such behavior is unprofitable, leading to distorted, self condemned, and sinful actions that threaten church unity. So in verse nine, christians should avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, strife, and quarrels about the law. These, according to biblereef dot com, are unprofitable and empty, often stemming from misguided attempts to prove spiritual superiority rather than focusing on the faith wof handle divisive people. A person causing division should receive a first and second warning according to the of his ministry. If they continue after these warnings, the instruction is to have nothing to do with him or to reject him them the condition of the divisive person, such individuals are described as warped, sinful, and self condemned. They are considered to have turned away from the truth and are consciously engaging in damaging behavior. This passage emphasizes maintaining unity by focusing on the gospel and avoiding petty, destructive or wacky theology that divides the church.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go ahead and read verse twelve through fifteen. Titus three, verse twelve, when I send Artemis to you or Taykius, be diligent to come to me in Nicopolis, Nico Nicopolis, for I have decided to spend the winter there. Send Zenis the lawyer, and Apollos on their journey with the haste that they may lack nothing. And let our people also learn and maintain good works to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful. And then verse fifteen, farewell all who are with me, Greet you, greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's the end of the chapter. Let's see if I have anything that I you know, any teaching points to go over before we end, because we're getting close. We got about five minutes. So avoidance of divisive behavior. I think we talked about that, to watch out for those to create divisions. Okay, let's we talked about that already. Let's go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did I is that the think? I just yeah, we just talked about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, so for what I'll give you a brief description of what we just read. Titus three, Verses twelve through fifteen concludes Paul's letter with practical instructions, urging the church to in crete to move past petty disputes and focus on supporting ministry leaders and engaging in good works to meet urgent needs. This highlights a transition from doctrinal teaching to practical, fruitful and generous living, and verses twelve through thirteen. Supporting ministries and leaders, Paul instructs Titus to send for replacements Artemis and Ticheus so he can join him in Nicopolis, and to ensure Zenus and the lawyer and Apollos are fully Apollos are fully supported for their journey. This sizes caring for those during the Lord's work and ensuring they lack nothing. Verse fourteen Devotion to good works. Paul commands that believers learn to devote themselves to good works to meet urgent needs. This means being actively involved in supporting others, especially in times of crisis, rather than being unfruitful. Meaning for today, Christians are called to be productive and proactive in helping others, viewing their lives as an apprenticeship and doing good work and doing good It emphasizes that faith must be accompanied by tangible practical action, ensuring the church remains effective and helpful to society. In short, these versus stress that true faith is active, not passive, focusing on community support, practical ministry, assistance, and meeting the needs of others. So obviously we're not going to have enough time to do the Book of Philemon. We'll do it next week. Philammon will do it next week, and I'll just go over some practical applications for this chapter, connecting scriptures that we'll go into prayer, and then we'll be complete. So it was perfect three chapters for this. I did go over a lot of notes. Thank you for bearing with me, but I think it was important for.
Speaker 2: The chapters that we read.
Speaker 1: We have a first practical application respect authority. Evaluate your attitude towards authority figures in your life. Are you respectful and obedient? As Titus three to one instructs number two, promote peace. Consider how you could be a peace maker in your community, workplace, and family. Are there relationships you need to show more gentleness and consideration? Next, reflect on grace. Take time to reflect on the grace and mercy God has shown you. How does this impact your daily life and interactions with others? Next we have engage in good works. Identify specific ways you can serve others and demonstrate your faith through good works. How can you be more intentional in your acts of service? Engage in good works? Next, we have foster unity. Avoid divisive conversations and focus on building up others in love. Are there areas where you need to seek reconciliation or avoid unnecessary disputes?
Speaker 2: See, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Some of the stuff that I go over would cause some disputes, So I said it before, you know, and other people kind of had a I don't know what that noise is A hopefully that's not a fire alone anyways. So I'm gonna study deep on.
Speaker 2: That and then I can come back with something for you guys.
Speaker 1: Some additional scriptures that connect We have Romans thirteen, verses one through seven, discussing the submission to government authorities and the Christian responsibility to the state.
Speaker 2: Next, we have Ephesians.
Speaker 1: Two, verses eight through ten, highlight salvation by grace through faith alone and the role of good works as a result of salvation. Next, Philippians two, verses three through four encourages humility and considering others above yourselves, aligning with the call to gentleness and peace. Next we have James two verses fourteen through seventeen, explores the relationship between faith and works, emphasizing that faith with that works is dead. It's a great chapter to read. I can't wait to get there. Very interesting, perfect. So that was an amazing study. Thank you guys so much for joining me. I really appreciate it. So like we always do, listend this in prayer. So, Father God, in the name of Jesus, I just ask you, Lord to please bless everybody that's listening. Instill these qualities that these elders have, Lord, and all of us, whether we're young men, young women, old men, old women, middle aged, whatever, children, Just please help us to instill these these qualities that are in these elders, the church elders, Lord, and it'll assist us all if we can work towards that. At least, you know, all those qualities were very good qualities. Or assist us to kind of imitate Christ, Lord and have his qualities. If you could supernaturally assist us. Lord, And if anybody is going through any hard times right now, I just ask that you be there with them financially, if they're going through any hard times in their relationships with their wife, with their children, any spiritual battles, or if their wife is having any issues with their husbands or their children. Lord, I asked that you please be there with everybody that's listening to the show right now. Currently. I'm sure that there's some issues that need to be fixed, Lord, So I just ask that you be there for everybody, and as we go through the Bible, allow the teachings to stick with us.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: We don't want to just be reading just to read. We want to try to read and apply it to our life. So help me and everybody that's listening to apply this stuff.
Speaker 2: To our lives.
Speaker 1: And that just babbling, you know, we're not just babbling the words your word, Lord, We were not just babbling. And it's going from one year out there other. We want to understand it with clarity and understand exactly what you want from us, Lord, So assist us with that and assist me as well, Lord, And thank you for guiding me through the study. I appreciate you in Jesus name.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you for tuning in. I really appreciate you. So if you guys want to back me up on this trip that I'm going to do, you can email me at Josh Monday at rockamail dot com and I could send you a link to donate to that trip. Like I said, I want to raise about eight hundred dollars for that trip at least pay for half. You guys don't have to pay for half, but if you want to donate, it'd be awesome. Just going to crowd fun.
Speaker 2: About half the trip.
Speaker 1: Because obviously spending six hundred seven hundred dollars on Edmonton, Canada, I think it was like six' eighty and then also spending an additional fifteen hundred. Dollars you, know it's kind of hard to get my wife to be on board when she already believes what she believes and she's thinking That i'm crazy for trying to go out there to prove the shape of the. Earth so, anyways much love to all. YOU i really appreciate. You thank you for tuning. In if you want to check out my, show It's Josh. Monday christ Nan conspiracy podcast and it's available on all audio. Platforms if you want to check out my show on, YouTube It's Josh Monday music And podcasts WHERE i have music available AND i also have my. SHOW i have like three hundred and fifty episodes, available And i'm going to start doing some more interviews here. Soon we're going to do an interview on are the Current jews In israel The canaanites coming up. Soon, Also i'm going to do an interview with a garage door. Owner he owns a garage door company and he's contracted to the government to go To antarctica and also The, arctic and he's going to tell me some conspiracies about those and he's also going to tell me about the twenty four hour son In antarctica and let me know if he has literally witnessed it. Himself so thank you guys for joining. Me really appreciate you. Guys have a wonderful, week And god bless