Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee Ry Ryan the way we go, Wakey, Wakey, hands off, snake egg Rod Ryan show check it in Free Beer Friday. Thank you Specs. Appreciate those beers. Case of beer straight up at six, seven, eight and nine. Boom done. Richard is going for win number two. There's been so much happening on Fresh out of Bed head to Head it's hard for me to eat. We kind of keep track. He won yesterday. Child put Weezer tickets in there to whoever wins today's Fresh out of Bad head to Head challenge. One more sleep until I prevail Hailstorm. I got pit tickets for that show tomorrow night, Homebroom. You're getting those. On the Fun Fact Flashback, Rob Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets, the ticket that everybody wants seven twenty we'll get. We'll get one of you in you and your guests the Suburbs Summer Sizzler Sizzles on Thank You Show, Federal Credit Union, sugar Land. Were they late? Did they just show up? Did my Friday chanters just show up? I was saying the suburb summer Sizzler Sugarland takes on Texas City and then open phones Friday will leave you with those pit tickets to the concert of the Summer olymp Biscuits Sunday night. You'll be in the pit t percent. She answer, Rain party, cloudy high of ninety nine today, Good morning, Testa. What are Houston's head lines?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Roddy, and good morning home room.
Speaker 3: Lots going on.
Speaker 2: During a press conference at mar A Lago yesterday afternoon, former President Donald Trump proposed that he and Vice President Kamala Harris hold three debates on three different networks, Fox News, ABC and NBC, And then when he was asked about the proposal at rally in Detroit, he said, excuse me. Harris was holding a rally in Detroit, and she said she was looking forward to the September tenth debate on ABC, without committing to.
Speaker 3: More than that one.
Speaker 2: Trump also announced his running mate, Ohio's jd Vance would participate in a vice presidential bait next month hosted by CBS. So that's the national stuff here in Texas. Houston.
Speaker 3: We are getting back to school this week, right, and the back to.
Speaker 2: School sales tax holiday is underway, so the annual retail event started just after midnight this morning. Most clothing school supplies footwear backpacks itself for under one hundred dollars qualify for the exemption.
Speaker 1: So that's a.
Speaker 2: Good little hack there if you're trying to get your back to school shopping done.
Speaker 3: HID starts on Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about this silly little thing. I love pop tarts. Do I need a massive one?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do I need one the size of a big screen TV?
Speaker 1: Either way?
Speaker 2: It went on sale this week and they immediately sold out, so even if I wanted one right now, I couldn't get it. They only made fifteen huge ones and they sold them in La, Chicago, and New York. Each pop tart pastry is over seventy times larger than a normal one and big enough to feed seventy three people. They cost sixty dollars that includes delivery. The only flavored choice was strawberry, and it sounds like they might sell another round of them since they were such a hit.
Speaker 3: Here's the latest.
Speaker 1: I'll get tear that you need a big pizza oven something that's the next move? Yeah, like a pop tart.
Speaker 2: Try it fire, Just build a fire. Okay, I'm the latest on the terrorist plot to Bamba Taylor Swift concert. Remember she had to cancel her shows in Vienna, Austria. So here's the three teenagers have been detained. Their ages are nineteen, seventeen and fifteen. Their plot was uncovered with the help of foreign intelligence agencies, including US authorities. The nineteen year old told police his plan was to kill himself and a large number of people at either Thursday or Friday's show. There would have been around sixty five thousand people at each one of these three concerts, plus about thirty thousand people just hanging outside the stadium.
Speaker 3: So we know.
Speaker 2: Taylor's back on schedule to play five shows at Wembley Stadium for August fifteenth through the twentieth. Of the Mayor of London there says those shows are still on. Okay, let's talk about the closing ceremony for these Summer Olympic Games in Paris, because they are this Sunday, and apparently they just got a major upgrade. The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Snoop Dogg, Billie Eilish will reportedly be featured in the closing ceremonies. The performances will be a mix of pre tape and live performances, and then apparently they're going to follow a stunt from Tom Cruise as well. In the end, the mayor from LA will accept the torch from France and bring it back to Los Ange list because they're hosting the next games.
Speaker 1: Really eilish though, Hell yeah, those are he since that time, let's go. Is it gonna be that kind of morning with you can't wait? Is it gonna be that kind of morning? I'm in a great mood, dude, I'm not really great mood. Because football's back. Football's back.
Speaker 4: Tax teams playing their second preseason game tonight. They're up in Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers. Kickoff is at six o'clock for that game, you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen.
Speaker 1: This is the best part of the year.
Speaker 4: If anything bad happens, it's okay, it's preseason.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: And if anything good happens, you're gonna win the Super Bowl, which you get to do the whole time. I love preseason football. Your your emotions are at an all time high. In baseball, the Astros are on the road Tonight they're gonna open up a weekend series with the Red Sox at Fenway. Ron Al Blanco on the mound for the Strows going up against Boston's Tanner how first pitches at six ten.
Speaker 1: You can listen to it on.
Speaker 4: Our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And Team USA added three more gold medals to their total yesterday in Paris. We now have thirty goals, which is one ahead of China for the most. We have one hundred and three total medals right now, which is the US by far. Some highlights from yesterday, Tara Davis wood All winning gold in the women's long jump, Grant Holloway took gold in the men's one hundred meter hurdles. Sidney McLaughlin Livrone broke her own record in the for the sixth time in a row while taking gold in the women's four hundred meter hurdles. And our men's basketball team overcame a seventeen point deficit to beat Serbia and advanced to the gold medal game.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports all right. Here we go, here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. The first phone call is gonna be our first beer winner today, and we're gonna show you that we are the most interactive show on the radio, especially when we do open phones for that last hour. Okay, you want some beer, come get it. Struck yourselves this.
Speaker 5: Bam Friday. He's got a free Bam Briday. You got a free Bam Briday. You got a free Bam Briday. Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Briday, bday.
Speaker 1: Right, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hey, good morning Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 6: This is E Rock?
Speaker 1: Are in our registered nurse? This is Eric? Everybody? Yeah, he caught me calling another Eric that called in the show. He caught me calling him E Rock and he emailed me. I mean the caller wasn't off the air, Tessa. An email popped in, Bro, there's one E Rock. It's me. I am the chosen one. Not all Eric's are e Rach, just this one. Hey, looks like you got the beer today. Congratulations E Rock.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Where are you in this fresh out of bed head to head thing? I haven't heard you in a while.
Speaker 7: I've been calling.
Speaker 4: I think I've gotten called nine a couple of times, but I'm still calling.
Speaker 1: So weird to hear somebody not throwing chilling under the bus. When I asked that qu question, Well, I was just expecting. I was just expecting some you know, run of the mill chili bashing right now. But it's not happening for the era.
Speaker 3: I mean, he answered my fall this morning, so he sure did.
Speaker 8: I can't cui.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even when people are answered by Chili, they still take a little stab at him. All right, listened to Rock, enjoy your beers. I want to thank Specs for the beers. And as somebody who's already asking because they said, Ron, did you say something about looking away when it comes to twentieth anniversary party tickets? I said, yeah, I would look away. I'm going to look the other way. So I'm going to tell you, e Rock, it's not a thirty day thing. Just get in on those get try to win those twentie anniversary tickets. All right, I've been trying. I've been trying. I'm looking away today, all right, E Rock, are from I forgot I'm in Paarland right now, Caroland. Okay, all right, bro, having great weekend. Good to talk to you. It's our Iraq mill nurse. Oh no, no, not again. I just what'd you do? Get I just snapped the microphone off the stand.
Speaker 4: Working out a little bit so strong. Come on, that looks like it broke completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I really did.
Speaker 4: It's guy like the hanging plastic part of it, where like the screw came.
Speaker 1: Off with it. Yeah, okay, so sorry, guys, I just peep shows. This is great. This is great stuff. Here'ston's a really big city and Ryan Seacrest mic falls off. That makes this a really big market for radio. And I have snapped this thing. This is probably the fourth time I've snapped this thing.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a very studio. I'm surprised if something like that would happen. This is the fanciest studio we've ever had.
Speaker 1: All Right, Tessa, oddly enough has the fix for this. She went to go get swat. She just grabs a bunch of rubber band and like it's like rebbers bands. It yet rubber bands and hair ties. And that's what I'll be closing. Okay, it's like a bird's nest. I'm gonna have to take a short break and uh and hold the mic the whole and yeah, and fix the and fix the equipment. Okay. On the flip of this break, right here she comes with the fix. Uh on the flip of this break, gott a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed Head to head.
Speaker 9: Houston hosts alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, Welcome back. All right. I fixed the microphone. I didn't even need I didn't even need test this rubber bands. I had engineer Tom set me up with some spare parts.
Speaker 2: Knowing that, knowing how aggressive you are with that, I guess.
Speaker 3: Are you aggressive or is that thing sensitive? Or is it a little bit of.
Speaker 1: A Do you think it's a combo of both? I mean, I do like to move around that microphone because I move around a lot while I'm talking on the air. So I grab it and I move it. Yeah, I don't know. So that's moving forward. We're good. We're good.
Speaker 10: We're good.
Speaker 1: We're good. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy ninety nine, So that heat advisory carried over from yesterday to today. Now sunny skies for the rest of the weekend. Low chances of rain, upper nineties, at least for HISD kids last summer weekend before school starts on Monday. Yeah, what's trending right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is really sad, but it did happen here in Texas. You know the CrossFit Games, like they always bill itself as like trying to find the fittest on Earth. Well, yesterday was day one and in day one of the competition, a twenty eight year old athlete from Serbia was competing in a swimming competition and he disappeared under the water.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so total.
Speaker 2: Like, so they basically canceled the rest of the games until further notice. I don't know if they've released the schedule, but yeah, the whole competition. That was the first event, So the rest of the events scheduled for the first day of competition had to be canceled. And then of course CrossFit releases a statement saying they're they're very saddened by this, and they say they're fully cooperating with authority. So it's happening in El Paso. The twenty twenty four Crossing Games are in El Paso. So I wanted to mention that I know it's very sad, but it's happening in our backyard. Okay, then breakdancing is gonna make its debut, the Olympic debut. Thirty three B boys and B girls breakers from sixteen countries are competing in Paris this year. Morocco the only African country they are competing, and I'm seeing some excitement about it. I mean, Alex seems stoked, but he's got a gold medal in good attitude today.
Speaker 1: So breakdance.
Speaker 4: Like you know, they run the marathon in the stadium at the end of it, you should just have like a breakdance competition in this the very last thing that.
Speaker 1: Should be what we all like.
Speaker 4: If you want me to tune in before the opening ceremonies, breakdance.
Speaker 2: Okay, that and then the Fanny Friday is our number one blog page.
Speaker 3: So those are all.
Speaker 2: The things that are trending on ninety four to five to the buzz.
Speaker 11: And everybody, this is your hero, Richard. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, the man that saved you from the whatever guy. Two questions to answers draw me on free beare Friday. When I'm making win number two.
Speaker 1: That is, people asked if I heard from the whatever guy yesterday. No, hope does not. He does not contact me.
Speaker 3: It'll be months, Nor did he After.
Speaker 1: The original whatever he never contacted me. I was so surprised to have him back on the game. But no, I thought maybe, well people thought maybe he would drop me a line. Nothing, not even after hopefully he went and listened to the game to see somebody emailed me yesterday.
Speaker 4: It transcribes everything we say, thanks for saying the efford, and we say fun facts of the day. It doesn't think we're saying facts, but it does also say who says their name first?
Speaker 3: If you read the transcript of huh lovely really yeah.
Speaker 4: I never knew we had that as somebody emailed me that yesterday and they're like, look, it's just he said his name first.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I mean I had not. I wasn't worried about us anyway. But if you want to take on Richard the whatever Slayer seven one, three, two and two five nine four five, if you are listening to The Rod Ryan Show on free beer Friday, free beer, free beer, free beer, free beer, free beer, be be be beer beer beer be It's gotta be ninety four five ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's show on this free beer Friday. Already down one case. We'll get to another case. Thank you specs straight up at seven o'clock later on this hour. Pit tickets to Hailstorm I prevail Tomorrow night and then Sunday night show. We've got pit tickets to go see Limp Biscuit. Chilly put those, he backloaded those. He knows how big that show is. He put those on on know the show. So that'll be the last thing we give away before we amfu for the weekend. Uh ten percent chance of rain Partney cloudy high ninety nine heat advisory today and then I mean just as hot the rest of the weekend, man sunny ninety eight ninety nine low chances of range. And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners. All right, Richard, good morning, good morning brother. How you doing today? Doing okay? You rid us of the whatever? Guy? You're going for? Ye, you're going for win number two. We know Alex is all excited about his new drops for you. Richard, where did you watching spank tradition? I mean, were you Richard? You don't have to answer that. You don't have to answer that. Uh, well, you've done messed up, he Aron, good morning? Oh yeah, what's happening? Welcome back? Chili says, it's been nine or ten years since you played. That can't be true. It's been like nine years. I think. Really, damn, I call in.
Speaker 3: I call in all the time.
Speaker 1: But I don't know about that nine years you got you must have slipped in once or twice. But if you say it, that's okay. Now there's another a a Ron. He was the pride of Needville. Where are you from?
Speaker 10: Parland?
Speaker 1: Parland? Okay, the pride of Paarland? Oh you got? I called back in the day in Leak City though, so you were reperend he's made a move. Yes, okay, you like para Land better than League City? Oh yeah, yeah, okay, Well you gotta do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. We did that. We asked that of you nine years ago. Did you win?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 1: Remember? What you want? I don't okay, it was nine years ago. I don't remember either. Richard and Aaron? What are they playing for today?
Speaker 3: Pair of takes see Wheezer, flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, shout out that name.
Speaker 12: By the way, I'm just shouting out Rich.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's up. That's totally up to you. All Right, first question here and Aron, which I'm assuming he's just yelling out Aaron. Here we go. What movie did Sandra Bullock have to drive a bus? Aaron?
Speaker 10: Speed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's correct, Aaron, sharp as attack after nine years Richard aka Rich The full question was what movie did Sandra Bullock have to drive a bus? While Keanu non neu Reeves figured out how to make it not explode? Speed? I never saw that movie. It just got away from me. I don't know. And there was speed too. I heard that sucked.
Speaker 3: Speed two was not good. I heard blue first Speed I quite enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Aaron and Rich maybe you should have gone with Dick. That's even quicker and it cuts harder too, Rich and Aaron, what's the main color of a stop sign? That would be rid? I'm sorry, Rich all right, Rich is on the board. All Right, here we go for the win. We got a good game here. Name the company that invented the iPod where Richard Apple he just got in there. Rich was the way to go clearly rich was the way to go. He aeron, let me tell you that was tight, but he got you. I know you don't know. I know you don't know. But what's gonna happen here is I'm going to play a drop.
Speaker 3: Oh, Richard, I'm so happy you hold me.
Speaker 1: And then I'm gonna direct you, Aaron, to go listen to the podcast later. Although I think Alex is working on yesterday's podcast. Okay, so he's gonna get that podcast up so you can go and listen to it and then you can back or email me back, all right.
Speaker 6: If he gets it right.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, I just got rid of whatever. Guy. Now I got another one on my hands. Yeah, seems slaying, all right, Aaron after nine years, still faulty, Richard the Winner? Can you play on Monday? Absolutely? Okay, you know what I was planning on coming in on this Monday too, so that again I'll be here for that game.
Speaker 3: Summer is coming to.
Speaker 1: A clothes He was wearing more clothes I know. Not a fan The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus, all right, ninety four five The Buzz. If you're looking for a puddle of mud on the music blog page this week. You wouldn't find him if you were looking for anything about puddle of mud on the Crazy Criminal blog page. Oh there they are. Yeah. I think we said that happened over the weekend when West Scantlin got in some trouble and he was on the Crazy headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page on Monday morning. We had another celebrity up there this week because it was a local story. There was a guy apparently this Hollywood actor that's from here, that was on the Oprah Winfrey Network. He got into some big trouble. Now I've got And then I think Justin Timberlake may have been on there this week. And then there's another celebrity headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page today. It's not like a really really big name, but people would know them. So all week I think the Crazy Criminal blog page has been headlined by somewhat of a quote unquote celebrity. Well, I hope you're off to a better start to your day. It is free beer Friday. I'll have another case of beer coming up for you at seven o'clock. If you're holding out for those twentieth anniversary show tickets, Yeah, me too. We are celebrating twenty years the Rod Ryan Show, and we're having a huge party, and we're gonna it's still when your way in. It's gonna remain when your way in. And we got a chance for you to win a pair of tickets at seven twenty today, Crash out of Bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody, there's Richard. No one pump jump for me. I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champion.
Speaker 1: Babies.
Speaker 11: Simmer down, Aaron, I got you on that last question, Oh Jormy on Monday, when I'm making win number three?
Speaker 1: Has it ever has the person ever simmered down when they were told to simmer down? I don't believe so in the history. I'm telling somebody to either simmer down or calm down, And my dad would really take time to get that ll in there. Calm down, Dad, calm that's making it worse, okay Dad, Like I would flip out one. Dad would tell me to calm down. All right, Well, living dangerous, dangerously. But Richard is the current champion. All right, Heat advisory today, guys again, we all know how to handle this, but yeah, Heat advisory today, true temperature ran around ninety nine one hundred degrees, and I mean I see highs of ninety eight the rest of the weekend, low chances of rain, sunny sky. It's got a fuck back to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. Oh we got those pit tickets coming up for a hailstorm tomorrow night. Hell, back in the day when you were shooting taking pictures for us, did you ever get Lizzie hal Hailstorm? That's one that got away. Oh my gosh, the energy of Hailstorm and Lizzie just is an absolute force. I am so upset that I'm missing that show. Okay, I know you shot Limpiscuit back in the day, though that was that was one of my favorites. I mean many times and three quarters of the pictures. You would think you would be taking pictures of the lead singer, but no, Wes Borland's is just you can't take your eyes off of him. You don't know what he's going to show up as, you don't know what he's going to be doing. He's like probably the best guy to shoot as if you're a photographer. Wes Boreland is probably be one of those entertaining guitar players out there. Definitely, yeah, definitely. All right. I brought in some new fun facts for you guys, the symbolism of the Olympic Rings. We're wrapping up the Olympics on Sunday. Yeah, okay, Chili Pepper's just announced playing the closing ceremonies. Hillie Eilish. There you go. There's the headliner, the Olympic Rings. The symbolism is kind of less sophisticated than you might assume. Is it every country's flag colors? Well, yeah, it's it's it's loose as goose poop. Okay. The five rings represent the five inhabited continents of the world. The Americas were considered one continent, and the rings were created in nineteen thirteen to contain the colors of blue, yellow, black, green, and red because they were common colors of flags of all the nations at the time.
Speaker 4: They made the last and then had to summarize like why they made the They're like, this is a really cool logo, and someone's like, how did you come up with that?
Speaker 1: And then somebody had to like have a smart answer for it. Why five rings? Well before the tectonic plates moved. Ok, this is a little dark, but weird and somewhat interesting. The Nazi salute is called the Bellamy salute. Now, that was around before they started. The Nazis took it over. Kids in the United States used to use it during the Pledge of Allegiance before the Nazis said we're taking that in nineteen just like the swastika. If you've ever watched Tom Hanks movie the books that we read the Da Vinci Code, Yes, yes, that symbol that the Nazis used. That was around a long time and then they just said we're going to start using that as our thing. So kids used in the US would use that during the Pledge of Allegiance in nineteen forty two, Congress said, let's put our hand over our heart during the pledge instead. All right, final fun fact for you today, everybody knows that Lama's spit, right, and it's not spit. They're actually spitting out vomits. Not quite as funny.
Speaker 9: It's the funk.
Speaker 1: Back to the day we make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fun back to the day. I should have seen Hall and I nerd out. Back in the.
Speaker 2: Day you were like, what books the books we read?
Speaker 3: I was like, you guys read books?
Speaker 1: Yeah, book Club? Yeah, four books before you. Helen and I were so into it or like reading at the same time talking about it. And then the movie comes out.
Speaker 3: Yes, movie, it was kind of a bus It.
Speaker 1: Was okay, okay, okay, but.
Speaker 3: Wait, so like the was the book better than the movie?
Speaker 1: Are you say one of the rare and maybe the only time the book was better. I've never been able to be that person. It was the best book. Let's talk about what you what we have up for grabs.
Speaker 3: Here tickets, pitt tickets. See I prevail on Hailstorm this Saturday at Woodlands, AH.
Speaker 1: The first tailgate on record happened in eighteen sixty one. People were traveling to watch this picnic. I was wondering if there was bacon wrap shrimp. I don't know, but there was cheering going on. What were they cheering on? What was the event that they were tailgating? In eighteen sixty one seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash messioned the beer bongs back down. Oh yeah, I'm a big metal funnel. Hell, yeah, Hilger home brewed beer. Hey Ron nine hundred proof.
Speaker 13: Could could you like take a second and say happy birthday to my beautiful wife?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Mamma Cash is birthday today? You got it? She knows, she knows I love her and uh and I do, and I know she's up always cheering you on. So we love you. Mamma Cash, Happy birthday. I just invited your husband to Red Dresser on this weekend. Oh that was just surprise. I'm su just blew it got tickets bad?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Are you going? Maybe, dude? The surprise spoil itw do we do on Wall Street? We did unbelievable. The Dow was up six hundred and eighty three points. So bad, Yanks so bad? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand and four to forty six NASDA c up forty four hundred and sixty four to sixteen thousand and six sixty bench marking your treasury sort of three point nine to five percent. Oil stands at seventy six dollars forty four cents of barrel to the most act is the big studs, Intel, Amgen and Salesforce Big Duds Well there's only one on the Dow. That was Walt Disney. Uh, the economic calendar this morning. It's all clear right now. Future is looking good. They're on the upside, hanging on to this be another positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 13: Remember this is hallan miniature director with the Ramon James Porty for the Rod Ryan Show. From Ramony James on San Philip Ben Agusta and don't for get toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not you. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This programs were educational and informational purposes on the studs of duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four for the bus Good Morning, rod Ryan Show your bar facts. Jeremy's on the phone. Hello, Hello, hey Jeremy, how are you? You are fantastic? How are you doing great? You're calling me. I'm assuming you have no plans for tomorrow night as of right now. As of right now, I do not What were those very first tailgaters tailgating at what was the event in eighteen sixty one?
Speaker 11: That would be the Battle of bull Run.
Speaker 1: Oh, way to go, dude, that's the Civil War, the first tailgate on record. When people travel to watch the Battle of bull Run in the Civil War picnics, they were cheering on a war and their sides. You win, Tessa Hook, dude.
Speaker 2: Pitt tickets to see I prevail on Hale's storm at Woodlands is Saturday.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you so much. That's awesome, my pleasure.
Speaker 1: You're going into battle all right, Saturday night. Okay, I'm sending you there. I want the picture. I want Lizzie Hale over your shoulder on Monday morning in my inbox. I want a selfie of you with Lizzie behind you. Okay, we got it. That's how it works with Pitt tickets.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I didn't really beat up anybody else, but I'm really picking on you right now, Jeremy. I can't wait to see you and Lizzie. Yes, sir, Thanks dude, have a great time at that show. I'll get a few pictures of Limp Biscuit. I'll be down there on Sunday night. Partly Claudie's Guy's heat advisory carried over from yesterday to today. So high of ninety nine is gonna feel like over one hundred and eight today, Tessa. Let's get get right into it. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Vice President Kamala Harrison former President Donald Trump will face off in at least one debate. ABC News announced Trump and Harris agreed to a debate on September tenth, and then yesterday during a press event, Trump said he agreed to two more debates on NBC and Fox News, but those networks have yet to confirm. Here in Houston, our city and other cities in the area say Center Point should lower its rates. The utility announced last week that it was withdrawing a request for a rate increase. Yesterday, the Houston Coalition of Cities and other groups asked the Public Utility Commission not to allow Centerpoint to drop the rate case.
Speaker 3: Leaving the rate case active gives.
Speaker 2: The groups a chance to explain why they believe Center Point over charges customers up to one hundred million dollars a year. A judge's giving Center Point until next Wednesday to respond. We've got an Olympic Viral Moment blog page up for you guys, and lots of fun stuff. I mean, it just doesn't stop with these incredible moments. Have you seen that three second simobile's reaction shot.
Speaker 3: It's like become an Olympic meme.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's like when.
Speaker 2: Somebody you know says buffalo wings and I'm hungry, and it's just like her like quickly looking at the camera.
Speaker 3: It's very funny.
Speaker 1: It's just got a million applications. It's going to be around for a while for sure.
Speaker 2: Also, Noah Lyles of the US one bronze in the two hundred meter with COVID and was taken from the track in a wheelchair after the race for medical attention. So this is someone who also has the asthma. So pretty crazy that he goes wins the bronze and then goes and kind of deals with those issues. The three medal the three women who meddled in the two hundred got a call from Snoop Dog and then former NFL star Shannon Sharp Pledge fifty grand to any US Olympians who break a world record, which means he owns speed climber.
Speaker 3: Sam Watson fifty grand.
Speaker 1: You see that guy, he did in like four seconds the speed climbing. I don't even believe that somebody could do that.
Speaker 4: Squirrel, they're squirrel the vertical sideways and they just tricked us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no way, it was real. It's insane to watch. Well, they was walking up a wall.
Speaker 2: Go see the blog page. You can check and check out what the guys are talking about. Michelle Pfeiffer, Will Starr and executive produce a new Yellowstone spin off. It's called The Madison, and the series will follow a New York City family in the Madison River Valley, central Montana. The Madison is described as a heartfelt study of grief and human connection. This is all according to Paramount. This will be the third spinoff we get from Yellowstone. So we got eighteen eighty three, we got nineteen twenty three, and if you didn't know, the final episodes of Yellowstone are set to premiere on November tenth. Okay, you like beer, you like the Deathtnes great, The Deathtones are launching their bored Blueberry Wheat Ale today at Belching Beaver tap Rooms. They've done other collaborations with this brewing company before.
Speaker 3: This is named after one of.
Speaker 2: Their hits on the band's nineteen ninety five album Adrenaline. It joins other beers previously released, including Phantom Bride IPA, Swerve City IPA, and Good Morning Beautiful Brown Ale. If you don't have a tap room near you, you can go to.
Speaker 3: The music loog page and they'll show you how to order this beer. Those are Houston sidlines.
Speaker 1: You said, do you like beer? And do you like the deaftones. Chili's ass came three feet off of his stool when you said that, this one's for you. But I had never seen them up that high? What you got in sport? Well.
Speaker 4: The tax are to play their second preseason game tonight.
Speaker 1: They're up in Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers. Kickoff is at six o'clock and you can.
Speaker 4: Watch it here locally on ABC thirteen and Baseball. The Ashs will be on the road tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the Red Sox. Ron El Blanco will be on the mountain for the Stros, going up against Boston's Tanner Hawk first pitches at six ' ten.
Speaker 1: You can listen to.
Speaker 4: It on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics team, I say, did add three more.
Speaker 1: Gold medals to their total yesterday in Paris.
Speaker 4: We've now got thirty golds, which is one ahead of China for the most and we have one hundred and three total medals, which is way ahead of China. China it's got seventy three total, So we're gonna smoke the overall metal count. We just got to get that gold count on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just one ahead of them. On the goals.
Speaker 4: I mean, we got women's basketball, men's basketball. I think we got women's volleyball we could win at So we got we got plenty of golds, we can win over the weekend.
Speaker 1: How real story, real question. How are our breakdanswers looking against the rest of the world. Are we favored? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think there was like nobody does Lithuanian guy that was the favorite for the men. But I was just reading about some of the breakdancing girl that's supposed to do well for the US. Updates you on the next sports I'll tell you all about breakdancing Okay, also breaking.
Speaker 1: Keep your eyes open on the Breakban Breakdancing team because there's a dude on there and I think he was one of those red rowdy rocket guys. Okay, I think we have a local in there. Oh yeah, so that like all.
Speaker 2: The Olympians are from Texas or Houston, and that's like how I go.
Speaker 1: It's weird that they're backloading. I thought we'd be talking about breakdancing for two weeks. I love it.
Speaker 4: I feel like everything gets like like track and field kind of can like people zone that out after a while, because like you get swimming the first week, then maybe you're kind of bored of it, and then track is kind of not as cool as swimming, and then breakdancing.
Speaker 1: You gotta throw that in the last week and get us all hyped for it. I stoked for it. But let's just going on Sports.
Speaker 15: Houston, Rock Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Free Bam Friday, you got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right, Free Bam Friday, and right were Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: And free ba Friday. Right, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this it's Justin. I want you today, Justin. I'm good, are you man? I'm awesome? Thank you for asking your caller number ten. Excelert going to hook you up with the second case of beer today.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 1: My friends over at Specs I love it too. I love it too. I don't know how we get our hands on that Deftones beer, but this is up to you, bro, picked up the beer that you want. Thanks for listening. Where are you from? Montgomery? Have big plans this weekend?
Speaker 13: Yeah, head it down to Mattagorn to go fishing and do some repairs on the house.
Speaker 1: At the barrel, so work and play. And when you say you're going fishing, do you go fishing for something specific or are you just anything that bites the hook? Yeah? If it gets the line with it's it's a success. Yeah. And you'll you'll pull some things out and you'll cook them and eat them. That's the goal. If not, we've got chicken. Okay here, Justin's got a backup in case he sucks at fishing. Oh yeah, that's not you. In case the fish suck, it's the fish they suck it. It's the fish's fault for sure, all Right, Justin, have a great weekend. Great a rock, thanks Brob.
Speaker 3: Madam Gordon Bay. They're always biting right there.
Speaker 1: I can I fish off the side, though I'm no longer fishing out of a boat. Hey got a second, wait, hey, Justin? Can I catch Can I catch a fish that I could eat standing on a dock? Where you're going? Or do I have to be out on a boat and like, you know, ten miles and I'm barfing my balls off because I'm seasick.
Speaker 13: Now now inshore fishing and madic orders, I think you have you got eggs and trout and.
Speaker 3: All that kind of stuff you're you're gonna wear the waiters.
Speaker 1: Did you want to put on.
Speaker 3: All that stuff?
Speaker 1: Did you? The reds are running offshore, right there on shore.
Speaker 3: I think this guy's gonna put on waiters.
Speaker 1: The reds are running okay, yeah, I want to fish the waiters shorts in the water. It's too hot. Okay, thanks Justin, thank you, thank you. They make fun of me, you around here, but you do I can catch a red I can catch a red fish right there standing in the water.
Speaker 3: I want to see you.
Speaker 1: I'm not going no more boat fishing, for I can't do it. Oh yeah, I would have to wear something on my fist. Yes, I'd have to wear something for sure. Hey, guys, hope you're on to a great start to your day. Justin come back to us on Monday. I'd love to see a picture of your hall of all those fish you're going to catch. I got people sending me pit ticket pictures or pit past pictures. I've got Justin sending me fish pictures. Who's got six picks this weekend? Chili? I had it last weekend. It is chili. Yeah, chilli.
Speaker 3: My Mond.
Speaker 1: Got gotty planted. He really hey, keats pictures. He dislikes six picks the bus it not even that he's got to be the one that takes ours and posts them and turns them around into a blog page. He really dis likes being the guy that has to take the six picks. I feel I feel like it motivates you to get out and be a little more active.
Speaker 3: Now, dude, I need my sixty days of being lazy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a blog page up. We'll talk about that later on this hour. As a matter of fact, six naps that that blog page makes me nuts.
Speaker 3: The about him, just I think they're under cutting it. I think it should be more days.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got to save this conversation because people.
Speaker 3: Don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Chili.
Speaker 1: You got six picks?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sure do? You'll do a photo shoot?
Speaker 2: Remember when we did that one photo shoot of you.
Speaker 3: We'll just do another one. You love it? Yeah, everybody send me six. When they see week.
Speaker 1: Chilly in the wild this weekend, look out. You don't know what he's gonna do. It's rare that I remember a very specific story that we covered on this show. This show celebrating twenty years. Today is the twentieth anniversary. Does anyone else remember when Dave Matthews made headlines his tour bus dumped eight hundred pounds of human waste out of the bus in Chicago. Ew Okay, they were on the I didn't know this. I had to look this up the Kinsey Street bridge. So they dumped it illegally into the Chicago River. But if you've ever been to Chicago, they do boat tours and a boat was going by. No, do you not remember the story? No, it was twenty years ago today that that happened. I remember covering that. Everybody was talking about that story. Everybody Okay, a sight seeing boat that just happened to be passing by caught some of the some of the human waste on the Matthew's poop on the bus. So all of the Chicago's mascots got together and they did some sort of a commemorative to commemorate the twenty years of that happened.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you try to forget that?
Speaker 1: It's on the music blog, babe. Oh jeez, it's a rock taiale that they will tell forever.
Speaker 2: Rocktails and Tail's got a lot of poop stories.
Speaker 3: There's like a lot of poop stories in rock.
Speaker 1: This week, there has been this week, there certainly has been, all right, So you can read more about that. I imagine there's a few that are hearing about this for the very first time. I'm sure Dave Matthews would love us not to talk about That wasn't exactly a highlight for the Dave Matthews Band, but it's something that I will never forget for sure. Okay, quick break, we'll come back with the tickets that everybody wants The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Sit Tight a rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five Buzz Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. We've had an Olympic blog page up every single day, I think the since of the Olympics started. So we got some more viral moments for you. Olympic Metal count, all that good stuff. French Pole Volter has been on there a couple times this week. Ten percent chance of rain partly Claude Hype ninety nine. Another heat advisory for US today, and it's just gonna be just as hot all weekend long. We'll get to those twentieth anniversary party tickets coming up, but first, what's trending.
Speaker 2: Lays Potato Chips are bringing international flavors to the US. They just filled the tea about the flavors that we're going to get. So it's Lay's wavy tzeki that's like tazeki sauce like a Greek like a Greek.
Speaker 1: Yogurt kind of white yogurt y sauce yep.
Speaker 2: And then there's gonna be Lay's Masala, which is like an Indian kind of flavor.
Speaker 3: Okay, peky mussala. You ever heard of that?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: And then Lay's honey butter, which they're saying is like more of a Korean flavor.
Speaker 1: And then that sounds deliciously American funny and butter that sounds like.
Speaker 2: So they're also doing this big contest like if you enter it, you can win trips to India, Korea or Greece. And you know it's all on their website whatever. Okay, So that's maybe we'll throw that on the food blog page. Speaking of food, Fanta, the drink like fans of soda, has teamed up with Beetlejuice Beetlejuice I only said it twice to transform their soda. So they are putting a different character from the film on different flavors. So pineapple flavor is going to be like Delia Deep's. The grape is Dolores. Strawberry will be Lydia and so on and so on. So Haunted Apple, we'll have you know who on it. Got a little bit of food news for you there. Another thing that I saw was trending was the US women's volleyball team. They beat Brazil in the indoor match yesterday. Our sand players are out on the women's side, so this was a huge victory of Brazil is notably really good in volleyball. Also, the men's basketball beating Serbia. That's a huge story going along, and there's going around right now, and there's as rod ment in the Olympic blog page, and then whatever Alex has on the sports blog page is Olympics, so go check that out. And that's what's trending on any four five The Bus.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Show celebrating twenty years. Here on ninety four to five the bus. So we're going to party. The twentieth anniversary party is going down October twelfth at the Carboch Brewery. You have to win your way in to this show. I'm going to have you call in now. If only I had some music, some something like cool to dial in? Do I have do we have anything that would be Are you kidding me? We need a jump rope in here during this? I mean this gets me so amped up every Friday.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 1: It's the official, official, official, one official song of Friday's here on the Rod Ryan Show. I'm looking for caller number ten seven to one, three, two, win two or five to come party with us at the twentieth anniversary time and jump around on ninety four five the Buzz. We need the Friday Guy. We need the Friday Guy. Fiday Fiday Day, ninety four five, The buzz it sure is Friday, and now you know it because we just played House of Pain and jump around. That's one surefire way to know that it's Friday around these parts. Party Claudi's Guy's low chance of the brain high of ninety nine. Heat advisory today. I imagine there's gonna be a heat advisory this weekend. I mean it's gonna be just as hot tomorrow and Sunday, so just be careful. His DearS. It's going to be their last weekend before school starts up. I know a lot of the schools already started off this week. Phones are smoking. Why you know why? I do know why because of what we're offering over here. Good morning, rod Ryan, show to the morning. Hello, is anybody there? You're definitely gonna want to answer me because if I go to another line.
Speaker 3: You heartbreaking kiss.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for Childy now tells me it's Eddie. Is Eddie there? I'm gonna try him. Okay, right, did you hear about He's like screaming.
Speaker 3: No, that would have been awful.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I didn't. Eddie's probably peeing himself. Eddie, Good morning, good morning, your collar ten right on, man, Eddie, You're going to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. We know, Eddie. Eddie comes to all our big events, dude. All right, of course we would. We would have to have you there, you and your wife for a man. I'm so happy you won, I really am. I appreciate it, buddy. Okay, dude, I mean, bring your party pants that day. I don't know if you've seen. I mean, you know we're older fellas now, Eddie. The party starts at three o'clock. Dude, the door's open, good three, and we'll get you out of there by ten. But still, that's a long it's a big window of partying for sure. Man. I know I'm ready. I know you can handle it, all right, Eddie, Thank you, man, thank you. He's been a part, he's been on the show, he's been hanging with us for a long long time. All Right, Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I don't see us slowing down and giving away tickets to the anniversary party. As a matter of fact, I see us amping it up and ramping it up. So maybe we'll introduce some new fun ways to give away tickets next week. But they're still going to be on the show each and every day. So I see that being a staple on the show every day until the party hits. All the details on the party are on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at thebuzz dot com. All right, so we had mentioned something about a blog page earlier today.
Speaker 18: Oh yes, yes, yes, okay, Well, I guess when you're Bruno Mars and you probably you know, you don't have an album out, you're not touring, you're not in the studio recording something new.
Speaker 1: I imagine Bruno Mars has a couple of days where he doesn't have to do anything, right, you know, do you have a day where you don't have to do anything? Absolutely nothing? You do anything?
Speaker 2: I will say this, I will say this. No me on my own, No, I will always find something to do. But I've been dating a guy who likes to do like this rotting thing watching on a movie and it is so absolutely difficult.
Speaker 3: It's so hard for me. I have to take it. I have to take breaks.
Speaker 2: Like if it's a three hour movie, I'm like, okay, let me like get up, reassess my life, walk around, and it's this thing, and it's really frustrating.
Speaker 1: Actually, Americans need sixty lazy days a year. Now, these days obviously don't happen on their own. Okay, so people have to plan these lazy days in advance. Now, now listen, this is tell me you don't have kids when you have a lazy day, you know, I mean, yeah, that's easy. I could easily have many lazy days. So, according to this new poll, the average American needs five what they call lazy days a month to really feel rested and relaxed. Okay, that comes out to sixty lazy days a year. Now, they broke it down, and this is where it really gets my numbing to me. Okay, obviously I'm not good with this. Okay, here's your breakdown on a lazy day. A perfect lazy day would encompass this three hours of doing absolutely nothing, three hours of sitting and enjoying your living space, which is the same as doing nothing, three hours of watching a movie on TV. Two hours in bed. In addition to sleep, I'm talking about two hours of that in bed, two hours napping, two hours scrolling your phone, one hour eating, one hour reading, one hour listening to an audiobook or a podcast, one hour dreading. The next day, so that's nineteen hours. If my math is correct, it'll leaves you an additional five hours to get some sleep. Which, okay, when you say absolutely nothing, that means no TV. That means what are you doing, braw dog. You're You're not watching anything, You're not listening to anything, You're not reading anything. You're not apparently enjoying your living space.
Speaker 3: You're just in the moment.
Speaker 1: When was the last time, Alex? Okay, pre kid, because your life is different now before the kid, did you ever just sit and stare for an hour? Do nothing? No TV, no radio, no podcast, no dumb giants anything, old clips of Eli Manning, nothing. Did you ever do nothing for an hour?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, I don't, Tessa. Have you done nothing No, just staring off in.
Speaker 2: The space like No, I'm too adhd for that.
Speaker 3: I need I need to do a little something.
Speaker 2: I will say when we had our week off, I would have a slow morning, Like I'll have a slow morning where I'm laying in bed and I'm like trying to get more sleep, and then you know, I'm like sending Travis go get me a coffee and then I'm having I'll have my coffee in.
Speaker 1: Bed like that was you have to send somebody for them.
Speaker 3: I have to send someone.
Speaker 2: I don't want to move like that's me being my ultimate like luxurious rotting self.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's luxurious rotting chili.
Speaker 1: Is there is there a time it says here the perfect lazy day. That means there's not a load of laundry rolling. That means there's not the dishwasher's not moving, doing absolutely nothing. Is there a moment in time that you do absolutely nothing?
Speaker 19: Every day of my life after eleven am like that?
Speaker 1: He's a king not sleeping not? Is there just a me time with you trapped in your thoughts every day? Bro? I mean.
Speaker 3: I try not to stress myself out.
Speaker 1: This sounds like torture. This absolutely sounds like torture. I would rather be whipped, Okay, I would rather be tied to the whipping post. Now you wouldn't yes there, I couldn't do it, broke, make me. I wouldn't make it five.
Speaker 19: Minutes, Bro, you would, I said, you're getting whipped. You would be sitting there. Man, I should have just enjoyed that last thirty minutes I had of rest before I started getting wipped.
Speaker 1: Okay, but nothing's on, no TV, no nothing, you're just there, your eyes are open, yeah, and you're doing nothing.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 19: Sometimes I sit there and then I start thinking, man, and if I wasn't this lazy, where would I be.
Speaker 1: I'm getting anxious thinking about it.
Speaker 2: You can't, says still. I know, you know, I'm very similar. I'm similar.
Speaker 3: But I will say that.
Speaker 2: A person who's on the other side of that, who like just wants to lay there and do nothing, they can help people like us relax, but not for too long, but they can help.
Speaker 3: Because it's like, Okay, well, well I guess.
Speaker 2: This is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: You just went to New York with your fellow Yeah, okay, you guys get up and start walking first thing in the morning, or you lay around.
Speaker 2: No, I was I try to be greedy with sleep when we're on vacation, and we and that was the thing. Not we had our scheduled things, but then we had our day of like, let's just like take it so and see.
Speaker 3: Where the wind blows you. You're still gonna end up doing stuff. It's New York like.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying you didn't sleep in take that aside. Once you wake up, are you hitting the ground or are you laying there after you wake up and just chilling.
Speaker 2: We were just we had a couple of morning we had probably two mornings how long where he went and go get me coffee for like.
Speaker 3: He really doesn't do a lot of running, Like three hours.
Speaker 2: It was just across the street, just across the street, and it comes back and I'm like, let me enjoy my coffee, let me watch a show.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then like and then I'll get my day started. I'm not gonna hustle out the door. I'm not like like the.
Speaker 2: City's not like bearing down to me, like I gotta go do the door.
Speaker 3: I gotta go see all the things and do all the things.
Speaker 2: Like you end up needing a vacation from your vacation. I feel like when you do that on on, like we gotta do this. You gotta like the itinerary people. They're great for like two days of vacation, but then you kind of gotta have your days where you just do your own, slow, methodical things.
Speaker 1: I got five guys, dudes, Okay, New Orleans this weekend, Okay, Okay, tell me about it?
Speaker 3: Is it all planned?
Speaker 1: Every minute nobody is sleeping in and I know we're going out we're going tonight. We're getting up early. It's the Red Dress Run. There's nobody laying around. Okay, it's like an event. Everybody's ass will be up in your dress and ready to go, and I will see to it that that happens. But you know that if I'm going, you know that. If you're going with me, now you know.
Speaker 3: That that's terrifying. Yeah, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Well that's gonna go to New Orleans and just lay around.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Now you're saying like my aunt. We're sounding like my aunt.
Speaker 3: That's the reason I am the way I am. You would wake up at five o'clock.
Speaker 19: In the morning, break chores, then you would shower, then you would eat, and then you walk your ass to school, come back from school, do more chores, eat, do homework. I do more chores, and eat dinner, go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I will be showered, dressed, downstairs, probably cooking breakfast for everyone, and then I will I will. I have no problem waking everyone up. Let's go. We're starting this day.
Speaker 2: You're what I call power squad member, Like every squad means their power person. That's gonna make sure we're getting fed, we're getting drink like they they're the.
Speaker 3: Point person to get it done. Otherwise you're just like lollygagging. You're very important to the crew.
Speaker 2: But sometimes it's like here he goes again, like here he goes, like we can't just.
Speaker 3: Have two minutes.
Speaker 1: You could lay around themselves anywhere. You're not laying around here, not on my watch. If you want to see this whole lazy how many lazy days we need a year? They got it all broken down on a blog page. It's ridiculous. It's like the dot come the boys, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Still to come. Have a case of beer straight up at eight o'clock for you. Thank you, specs. The suburb Summer Sizzler Chili tells us we got like today, tomorrow and maybe Tuesday, and that's gonna be it for the brackets. So here is my last, one of my last times. I'm gonna tell you, hey man, hey man, it's not too late to sign up if your suburb has not been represented yet in the Suburb Summer Sissler, I'll tell you right now. Sugar Land and Texas City playing today. That's out. Okay. You're sitting around in Texas City and you're just thinking about signing up. Okay, Adam already did that. Karen from Sugarland is gonna play today as well. But man, check the brackets. If you don't see your suburbomb there, man apply to play in those early games next week, and then we start moving our way to the inside of the brackets. Ultimately somebody's gonna win five thousand dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 3: Easton's Rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 9: Rod This Morning Show six to ten AM ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show seven fifty four. Yeah, we're getting closer and closer to that third case of Bear. And then of course suburb Summer Sizzler next hour, Sugarland in Texas City take on each other right now. Tessa has Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 2: During your press conference at mar A Lago yesterday afternoon, former President Donald Trump proposed that he and Vice President Kamala Harris hold three debates on three different networks, Fox News, NBC, and ABC. We have confirmed that the September tenth debate on ABC will happen. Harris said she was looking forward to it, without committing to more than that one. Trump also announced yesterday that his running mate, Ohio's JD Vance would participate in a vice presidential debate next month that would possibly be hosted by CBS News. So that's kind of the national stuff going on. Meanwhile, here in Houston, we have had kids and teachers and faculty trickling back to school, and I just want to remind everyone the back to School Sales Tax Holiday is officially underway.
Speaker 3: This is an annual retail event.
Speaker 2: It started just after midnight this morning, So that means most clothing, school supplies, footwear, and backpacks that sell for under one hundred dollars qualify for this tax exemption. It applies to purchases made in person or online.
Speaker 1: Shipping.
Speaker 3: Costs for online.
Speaker 2: Purchase purchases are considered part of the total price, so jewelry, pursus luggage, those things don't qualify. The sales tax holiday will continue until midnight on Sunday, and.
Speaker 1: The really I'm just I'm reading this right now. They are a stickler for that one hundred dollars that includes everything. If there's some sort of a delivery fee or some if you're ordering stuff like that, it's got to come in at one hundred dollars to get the text free.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, let's talk about pop tarts. I feel like we all love, Like, who doesn't love a pop tart. They are now selling massive ones, the size of like a big screen TV. They went on sale this week and they were immediately all bought up. Now here's the thing. They only made fifteen and you're like, well, that's not a lot, but they're huge. The pop tart party pastry is over seventy times larger than a normal pop tart and it's big enough to feed seventy three people. They cost sixty dollars each that includes delivery. The only flavored choice was strawberry. But because they sold out so quickly, they're probably going to make more and sell more rounds of them. So the packaging looks like a normal pop tart box, but it's three feet long, super oversized.
Speaker 1: They're gonna make more of these. They're going to make more these. They realize how people just went bananas for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is on the music blog page right maybe or it has its.
Speaker 1: Own blog page block page. Okay, I would say go cinnamon on the next one. That's my favorite pop tart.
Speaker 3: The strawberry one, zog.
Speaker 1: I love the strawberry I understand that, and it must be the most popular. That's why they went with that with this big one. But the cinnamon one is unparalleled to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, they're all good.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't kick a cinnamon pop tart out of my restreet card. Let's talk about the latest, because this terrorist plot to Bamba Taylor Swift concert in vi in Austria is pretty serious. Three teenagers have now been detained. Their ages are nineteen, seventeen and fifteen. Their plot was uncovered with the help of foreign intelligence agencies, including US authorities. This nineteen year old told police his plan was to kill himself and a large number of people at the same time. They wanted to do it at either the Thursday night or Friday night show. There would have been around sixty five thousand people at each of the three concerts, plus the people outside thirty thousand people. Have you seen these video clips circulating? People still went to the area and they were so sat people were so sad.
Speaker 3: They were like singing Taylor Swift songs together.
Speaker 1: There was a clip there must have been I don't know, some sort of a river running through by next to the arena. There was fifteen thousand people outside just trying to listen in to the open air stadium the sound that was coming in out out of the stadium. Yeah, fifteen thousand people that just wanted to be around it. Yeah, she's doing things that no artist has ever done before. I mean, it is Elvis and it is every bit as big as the Beatles and Elvis and Michael Jackson's She's breaking every single record right now. But you got to think they're gonna have to really really step up the security at all these shows now. Absolutely absolutely whatever they were spending, they're going to spend double now on the rest of these shows.
Speaker 2: Five shows still schedules are go on at Wembley, and the Mayor of London says those shows are definitely still on. But yeah, there of course they're going to be spending more on security. The closing ceremony for the Olympic Games this summer in Paris is Sunday, and it just got a major upgrade. You've got the Red Hot Chili Peppers reportedly being featured in the closing ceremony performances, Billie.
Speaker 3: Eilish Snoop Dogg involved here.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be performances that are like pre taped and live, so a mix of that, and they will apparently follow a stunt from Tom Cruise. In the end, the La Mayor will accept the Olympic torch from France and bring it with her to La.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it Elex.
Speaker 4: The Texans arenna play their second preseason game tonight. They'll take on the Steelers on the road. Kickoffs at sold kickoffs at six o'clock and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. We got all the highlights from the two preseason games that went down yesterday on our sports blog page.
Speaker 1: Today. In baseball, the Ashes are on the road tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Red Sox up in Boston. Right now, Blanco is going to be on the mound for the shows, going up against Boston's Tanner Hawk.
Speaker 1: First pitch is at six ' ten. You can listen to it on.
Speaker 4: Our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the Olympics teams, they added three more gold medals.
Speaker 1: To their total yesterday. We now have thirty golds.
Speaker 4: We have one hundred and three total medals, which is the most by far. Highlights from the day yesterday, Tarah would All or Tara Davis good would All won gold in the women's long jump. Grant Holloway took golden men's one meter hurdles. Sidney McLoughlin lev Ron broke her own record for the sixth time while taking gold on the women's four hundred meter hurdles.
Speaker 1: Then she put a crown on and ran around with the flag. That looked pretty cool. Oh yeah uh.
Speaker 4: And our men's basketball team overcame a seventeen point deficit to beat Serbia in advanced to the gold medal game.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Steph Curry, Thank you Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: Went off and Joel six points Lebron, Yeah, were in there.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 1: I got scared there for a minute.
Speaker 4: But you can see the highlights from that as well on our sports blog page today.
Speaker 1: That's going on in sports. Come on, Roger, oh body, this.
Speaker 17: Scream deaf fr Yeah, Mae Frien, big broad, big broad, bang bro Roger, this scream deaf frying dang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guys, big Broad, big brod dang Roger, big Brody. I think that's funny. You want me to sing all the time? There you go?
Speaker 3: Was awful.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 5: What hell? Free Bam Friday? You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, Right Friday, Right free bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? Every other phone line hung up when they heard that song the free Bead Fridays at Loss. He's the only guy that hung in there because he gets with talent where I love that song, Jo, he won your color number ten and you got the third case of beer today. Congratulations.
Speaker 7: No way, man, I've been trying all morning, fresh out of bed, then your twentieth anniversary party, and then now they're from Finally I get through, man, Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 1: Did you were you successful in either? Obviously? I know you didn't win, but did you get through? And Chilli answered it there said you you didn't even get that far?
Speaker 7: Okay, No, they're well, it was busy, busy both times. I try every morning, Brian.
Speaker 1: I like your story because you didn't give up. You tried for different things. Have you played in the fresh out of bed heads ahead before?
Speaker 8: I have not?
Speaker 7: But your I mean I play in my I play in my car all the time, but I try to get through, but I'm I'm usually it's use they're busy, yeah, or it'll just ring.
Speaker 1: There are I'm told, world champions that are playing in their car every day that have never played that just said. You know, people have told me that they could beat everybody that have never played the game before. Now this is a real question. So something like the Fresh out of bed heads to Ahead, because people are called they're animals for that game, and I love it. I'm here for it. Do you you call maybe once a week to get into the Fresh out of bed head to Ahead? You called twice a week, you know, every day you try to get in.
Speaker 7: I'm calling daily, either for tickets fresh out of bed. I may not call for a fresh out bed daily, but all my way into work usually around the seven twenty seven mark is like when you are giving away something. So let's I always hit that mark and I call every time. You'll, no matter what it is. Weezer tickets was the other day, No matter what it is, I call.
Speaker 1: Do you like the selection that we have of giveaways?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, for sure, man.
Speaker 1: I think it's as strong as it's ever been.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: This week. This week was stupid with the pit passes, with the two pit passes for the Hailstorm show tomorrow, and then we I still have those pit passes for Limp Biscuit. Here's what I'll say to you, Brian, the I know, I know, but but you can't. You can't win those. But what what I'm not gonna mind is if you got the beer right now, and let's say in ten days from now or fifteen days from now, you get through for those twentieth anniversary party tickets. I'm turning a blind eye to that, dude. Okay, I'm not. I'm not putting you out a thirty day for the twenty year. I'm not.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just so I want you to still be in that Okay. I don't want you to be on the sidelines for thirty days because I think that show it's so important. I want you to be able to try and win. So I mean you might. You could win on Monday when I give away those tickets. All right, all right, all right, I appreciate that, Rod, dude, your your information to me is important, So I appreciate you. Let me dissect a little bit. You've won something before. Right, when was the last time you won something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: It was a few years ago and it was actually free beer Friary.
Speaker 1: That's great, it's great. Listen, you might be Robbie before before too long? Call her number teen? How does he got fifteen? It's like the house fifteen wins? All right, Brian. I enjoyed talking to you today. Thank you. I really enjoyed it. I can't put it in writing. I can't write, I can't put it on the website. I'm just I'm speaking it. I'm not I'm looking away on the twentieth anniversary. Yeah, because I learned this week what was it, hashtag every twenty minutes and I thought, wow, you know what I mean, We're not as many people are trying to win those Monster Jam tickets. And I was told Rod, I'm not trying to win anything all. All I'm focused on right now is the twentieth anniversary party. And I said, you're not trying to win Limpus get pit passes. They're like, no, what about Pitt for Hailstorm. You're not even trying. No. I don't want to ruin it because I want to be in that twentieth anniversary party. So that's where Chile and I kind of got together and we said, all right, we're gonna look away on that one. Specifically, I want you to try to win everything. I want you to try to get into the suburb Summer Sizzler. I want you to try to do all that stuff and when your way into the twentieth anniversary party. So that's something that we just did on our own. People ask, is you know, is Jeremy doing that? I can't control that. Jeremy's a wild man. Okay, you can't be no way, you cannot stop Jeremy. You can only help to contain them. All right. Are we gonna sizzle? We sizzle on Fridays? Right, that's yeah, Texas City squaring off against sugar Land where the girls are sweeter and we do have a sweet girl, Karen from sugar Land, Adam from Texas City. You're gonna square off in the suburb of Summer Sizzler coming up. Thank you, Sell Federal Credit Union will meet him after the break Rock and Alternative Fair he Usti The rod Ryan.
Speaker 9: Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Heat Advisory Today, Sure ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. True temperature Hive of ninety nine today. It looks like that for the whole weekend. Okay, sunny and upper nineties with low chances of rain. I mean August, am, I right?
Speaker 17: Am?
Speaker 4: I right?
Speaker 1: August?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 1: I see Chili's getting some sizzler people ready to go. What's trending?
Speaker 2: People think Selena Gomez might be engaged because she has a selfie in her story on ig and she put a heart over.
Speaker 3: Her ring finger. Also so her boyfriend is Benny Blanco, and our group.
Speaker 2: Chat was just talking about how you thought Alex p was hanging out with Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: I gotta, I gotta make sure I preface this, Okay, Alex is a very handsome young man. Is Benny Blanco is a weird looking guy. But there was one picture and then and I made I made Alex tell me, do you agree with me in this one picture where Benny Blanco is with her that it looks a little like you? And he goes, I'll give you that, but please not the other ones. And I said, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: He's a goofball, Alex. Benny Blonco could never he he does look.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: His money, you'd be.
Speaker 2: Unstoppable, Alex p Okay, so that's a trend.
Speaker 3: Also, did you.
Speaker 2: Guys, You guys are gonna be so distraught because there were two mega yachts that crashed into each other.
Speaker 3: I know, these poor millionaires.
Speaker 2: So billionaire billionaire Lawren Powell's jobs mega yacht collided with billionaire Ricardo Selena Pilago's mega yacht in Italy. Now, guys, you're thinking, is everyone okay, No one was hurt. No one was hurt, but there's a big scratch on one of these mega yachts and it's gonna cost a lot of money to.
Speaker 1: Hit worldwide filming a video of them.
Speaker 3: Probably also, okay, this is happening locally.
Speaker 2: I didn't put it in headlines because.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a nothing burger.
Speaker 2: But there was a little blow up during Harris County Commissioner's Court yesterday. It was like Lena Hildago some of the like the city council, everyone was getting like, it was getting tense and it was getting.
Speaker 3: Personal calls for decorum. The Commissioner's court were like, it was just awkward. It was awkward.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of back and forth and a break had to be taken. And yeah, so it is. It is one of the local stories going around. But that's just trendy. On nighty four five, he does.
Speaker 1: I hated politicians before and then when.
Speaker 3: I see something, you're gonna watch this clip and well I.
Speaker 1: Saw some of it on the news already. It was come on, ridiculous. Hey, Karen, good morning, Hey, good morning from the Land of sugar. How are you.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm doing sweet?
Speaker 1: Yeah you are, Yeah, you are all right, Karen. You're making your debut in the twenty twenty four suburb Summer Sizzler. Sugarland is a massive suburb of Houston. We and this, I do know. I can't say this about every suburb, but a million people applied to play. I don't know how you broke through, but you're gonna be representing a hell of a lot of people this morning. I hope you've been practicing.
Speaker 3: I've been practicing. I've been listening every morning.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like to hear that.
Speaker 1: I do like that. What about Adam, Adam, you've been taking some reps getting ready for this game?
Speaker 6: Yes, sure, okay, man.
Speaker 1: Ever since he called me, how long have you known that you're playing. That's an interest, that's I don't know that. Oh a week, about a week now, okay, yeah, Chilli works ahead. So you're repping all of Texas City, Adam. Yeah, sir, you're the only person that applied. No, that's not true. That's not true. Uh huh, that's not true. But I know a ton of people from sugar Land did send stuff in, though I know there was more people from Texas City as well. All right, guys, I'm gonna give you four minutes to think about it and then we're gonna come back and we're gonna sizzle. Man, get your minds right.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I love summer. The end of summer is coming. No, it's not, and no matter denial can hold it back.
Speaker 14: Lo Lo Lo.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four, The Bus, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's thirty seconds to Mars and the kill Man. I just saw this. He emailed a little earlier. But the one they called Tim he emailed us. I just feel like a couple of weeks ago he was getting some sort of a procedure done in the hospital. Oh yeah, and he's back in there. He said, good morning, Homeroom Family. This is the one they called Tim. I'm back at the hot having heart ablation surgery after my knee replacement. That's right. He get knee replacement in June. He said after that his heart didn't want to play nice anymore. So this morning he's got surgery. And he said he's listening to the show before they give him the knockout juice, He's like, I don't understand why they're making me wear a hairnet. He's bald, the one they call Tim. Dude again, best of luck to you. I mean, what a way to spend your summer man knee replacement. And then he's probably still hobbling around now. He's got heart surgery this morning, but listening to us, so all of our thoughts are with you, bro, and I know you're going to do great at that surgery. I don't know why you have to wear a hair net when you have no hair. They just want everybody looking the same. All right, let's go. They had enough time to think about it. Let's go ad him. Good morning. Lordy Rock in Texas City this morning, and car Karen is representing sugar Land. Karen, you're ready, you say you're ready. We're about to find out who's really ready? What game? What game number is this? Eleventh fourteen? Game number fourteen. Karen and Adam are about to hear a song. Shout out your name when you think you know the artist and the song title. You both said you've been practicing. You both said you've been listening. Let's find out who was lying, all right? Game fourteen of the Suburb Summer Sitisler brought to us by Shelle Federal Credit Union in three two one. Good luck Karen, Karen.
Speaker 3: Closing time to Semi.
Speaker 1: Got It, got It, got It, got It?
Speaker 9: Bye?
Speaker 1: That one wasn't easy.
Speaker 20: Wild You are sweet, Karen, Adam, Adam, what was it?
Speaker 1: I know you know the song? Was it the band name or the because I think the song title is easier on that than the band name on that particular song.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I knew to say name of the song.
Speaker 6: I couldn't use your name of the band.
Speaker 1: Semi Sonic closing time. Yeah crap, yeah, crap on Texas City. Why don't you? Adam? Okay, just just taking a big fat crap on Texas City this morning. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 6: Again next year, all right, Adam.
Speaker 1: Let's celebrate Karen. Right now, Karen, you go into the h you go to the inner workings of the brackets. Now, Karen, you can kind of kick back and chill and relax. Were you nervous? You didn't sound it.
Speaker 11: I was super nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you fooled me. You absolutely fooled me because you came in and calm and cool and said you've been practicing, and clearly you weren't lying about it. All right, good luck moving forward to the tournament.
Speaker 12: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Monday, it's going to be Spring Branch taking on pass a get down. Dina rod Ryan show a right at Empire upon Empire ninety four five the bus Good Morning. Rod Ryan showed that some forty one land mines the suburb of Summer Sissler brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. They ponied up the six grand again, four summers in a row. Now, so it looks like Sugarland advances. Texas City is out. I'm hearing from Texas City. They're not happened, They're not happy there. It's why did you pick me? I'm I'm from Texas City. I applied, I would have done better. I don't know that, Okay, no one knows. Get off me. I don't know that. You don't know that either. You don't know. But people do feel very strong about the fact that they would have done a lot better. All right, I'm sorry. Texas City, sugar Lands in it to win it? What do you say? Play it on Friday? Spring Branch in Pasadena. We'll be playing on Monday. Tuesday is again two new suburbs, and then I think it's closed out. Then we start working our way to returning champions, working our way down to the final game of the year where we give somebody five thousand dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union. You got it, Okay, So I would say it's still technically not too late to sign up if your suburb hasn't been represented for that last game on Tuesday. The thing that I get the most emails on right now and I see on social media is the twentieth year anniversary party. And of course we're going to come up with some new different ways. I know we've been treating them because they are special. We've been just giving away a pair of day that one day I got a little silly in the store because I was desperate for money and did all of that stuff. But we're still giving you, you know, some very limited chances to win. Stuff's coming, It's all I can say. People are getting a little panicked. The show's not until October twelfth. The Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party brought and it's going to be going down at the Carbox Brewery. You have to win your way in, and you guys know who's playing. It's acoustic performances from Shining Down, Sublime Blue, October, Theory of Dead Man X's no on sale. You got to win your way in. The one thing that I did say is I'm working on parties. I want to go out. I want to go out. I want to be out in a bar and drinking some love streets and giving away a ton of tickets and having you come down and register, still winning your way in, but coming out to and let's get together and you know, like we've done with other concerts in the years past. So that stuff is all in the works. So that's all I'm saying is I'm just trying to talk you off the ledge because people are getting a little anxious about this. Plenty of time, plenty of time to win your wagh in. They said I could put at least the said I could put two thousand people in there. Actually they said more. We could put more than two thousand people in there. That's no, no, I keep going the way other way. I think we max on at twenty five. I also, I also don't want it to be walled the wall where it's uncomfortable. That's true. I want to be able to move around and I want you to, you know, be able to cruise around and have a great time. So my goal is not to put it put people in there so you can't you know, your you're nuts to butts and you can't breathe and you can't see anything. That's not my goal for this. All the information is online also online. I know Tessa said it. There's been a lot of poop this week on the show. It's just been I just even today I talked about Dave Matthews Man. It's the twenty ten aniversary of them dumping their raw sewage off their bus off of a bridge in Chicago. Part of it landed on one of those if you've been in Chicago, they have those bus tours through the city. Part of Dave Matthews Band's bus raw sewage landed on a boat twenty years ago on this day. Yeah, I've got a woman that's spreading poop on her face. Of course, it's a woman on TikTok. She's showcasing a new skincare hack claims to reverse aging. Every single person that has chimed in on this said this is completely dangerous. There are nothing but negative effects of putting your own feces on your face. Yeah, bro, she's doing it. Poop is bad. There's bacteria in there, there's like infections and parasites and and it's your poop. I know. They say, like, watch what you do online because you can come.
Speaker 4: Back and get you This is like the worst thing, right, Like you say a lot of stuff online, but like any job that looks at your resume ever, is like, wait, you're really put poop.
Speaker 3: On her face?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we have this video we'd like to ask you about. This is feces. If you'd like to be repulsed. Uh, people like that demonstration.
Speaker 2: It should be banned from the internet, Like, come on, this is your one recommendation.
Speaker 4: You need to show the weirdosus.
Speaker 1: Earlier this week, on the Food blog page. Did you guys see gen Z losing their mind because there's a cheese slicer on one of the sides of a cheese grater. It's you know when young people see something for the first time, they discovered it. I'm talking about one of those cheese graters that has the four sides to it. Usually it's metal. Each one of those sides of that tower is functional. Yeah, they thought you use that one side, correct, and gen Z is now realizing, oh mg, I can slice cheese on this side. So you know this just the Internet is not going anywhere. Innovation not losing. Yeah, and then and then somebody thinks that this girl with poop on her face is innovator.
Speaker 4: It was at the pool and there is this thing at the end of the pool. It was like a board, and me and my friends just started jumping off this.
Speaker 1: We read so.
Speaker 3: Much fun that should be in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: We're called a jumping board the internet. We have it for you at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 9: The Buzz Rock and Altearn and very soon the Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 10: All right, here we go.
Speaker 21: My favorite band, my favorite song still Hoop Fighters are ever won Rod Ryan Show for you Beer Friday, just minutes away from the fourth and final case, and then we turn.
Speaker 1: You guys, Louis. You guys get the entire last hour of the show. It will be open phones Friday one final time tests at Houston's Headlines Please.
Speaker 2: Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump will.
Speaker 3: Face off and at least one debate.
Speaker 2: ABC News announced Trump and Harris agreed to debate on September tenth, and then yesterday, during a press event, Trump said he agreed to two more debates on NBC and Fox News, but those networks have yet to confirm. Here in Houston, of Houston and other cities in the area, they're saying Centerpoint should lower its rates. The utility company announced last week that it was withdrawing a request for a rate increase, but yesterday the Houston Coalition of Cities and other groups as the Public Utility Commission not to allow Centerpoint to drop the rate case because if you leave the rate case active, that gives those groups a chance to explain why they believe Centerpoint overcharges customers.
Speaker 3: Up to one hundred million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: A judge's giving center Point until next Wednesday to respond to that.
Speaker 1: Where do I sign up? Is there an online petition? I think just March. I think the only time I've ever used that petition online was to move the Super Bowl to Sunday. I think I did sign up for that one. I would sign this one for sure.
Speaker 2: When I tell you I'm fed up, I'm talking like with solar panel companies, Like I'm not kidding, I'm not dealing with them. Yeah, here's a rundown of the latest viral moments from the Olympics. Well, rather go visit the blog page because they're really funny. There's like a three second Simone Biles reaction shot that is the Olympic meme of the day. People are using it for every scenario. The funniest one I saw was like when I'm fifteen high noons deep and Creed comes on, it's just her like realizing the camera is there and snapping her head towards it.
Speaker 3: Is very funny.
Speaker 2: Also, former NFL Shannon NFL star Shannon Sharp pledged fifty thousand dollars to any US Olympian who breaks a world record, which means he owns our speed climber Sam Watson fifty k smooth because Sam Watson is actually a squirrel.
Speaker 3: I learned when it comes to.
Speaker 4: Walk double wall in five seconds, not even five seconds.
Speaker 1: It's weird that Shannon Sharp. We're three quarters of the way through and he came up with this. He's seeing what's happening with Snoop, He's seeing flavor flav he wants in on it.
Speaker 3: Well also, I think, yeah, definitely once in on the action.
Speaker 1: But it'd be cool or if he came up with this beforehand as an incentive to everyone, you know, I feel like he's a late guy, tryhard late.
Speaker 4: Everybody that would have said a world record though, like that would have been a whole extra week in there.
Speaker 2: Maybe he saw that we weren't setting enough world records, it was like, yeah, come with it.
Speaker 1: I just think he saw Snoop everywhere and he wants in.
Speaker 2: Michelle Pfeiffer, Will Starr in and executive produced a new Yellowstone spinoff called The Madison. It's a series that will follow a New York family in the Madison River Valley of central Montana. Now, this, according to Paramont, is going to be a heartfelt study of grief in the human connection. Blah blah blah, that's like their press release. But this is going to be the third spinoff we get from Yellowstone. This follows first we had eighteen eighty three, then we had nineteen twenty three, and if you didn't know, the final episodes of Yellowstone are set to premiere on November tenth.
Speaker 3: The Deaf Tones are.
Speaker 2: Launching their board Blueberry Wheat Ale today, So if you like the deaf Tones and Neil like beer, they might have some for you. They've collaborated with Belching Beaver Brewco before and yeah, it's after one of the lead tracks, the lead track on the band's ninety five album Adrenaline, So go.
Speaker 3: Check it out on the music blog page. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex Well. The Texans are going to be back in action today.
Speaker 4: They're going to play this second preseason game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Kickoff is at six and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. Astros are also on the road as well. Tonight they're gonna open up a weekend series with the Red Sox in Boston and now Blanco is gonna be on the map for the shows going up against Boston's Tanner how first pitch is at six to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety in the Olympics team, as they did, add three more gold medals.
Speaker 1: To their total yesterday in Paris.
Speaker 4: We've got thirty total golds and one hundred and three total medals.
Speaker 1: You were asking what the most ever in a single Olympics is. I did nineteen oh four. The US had two hundred and thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You time traveled to nineteen oh four for that statistic.
Speaker 1: Thank youh four, we had two hundred thirty. I don't think we're gonna hit that was that all of them. I don't know if they did had a billion events.
Speaker 18: If we win every two other countries competing less countries US in Russia and Greece and back then, that has been around a long time.
Speaker 1: But okay, so that's that's a fun fact for you. We're never gonna get close to that again. I don't think. Somehow.
Speaker 4: On yesterday, Tarry Davis Goodall would all excuse me, one golden the women's long jump. Grant Holloway took gold in the men's one hundred and ten meter hurdles. Sidney McLoughlin Lavron broke her own record for the sixth time in the women's four hundred meter hurdles, and our men's basketball team overcame a seventeen point deficit to beat Serbia in advanced to the gold medal game.
Speaker 1: That is a squat on Sports.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock Houston's alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four fiveses Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and raight Bam Briday and right bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Shump, Good morning. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 16: Hello?
Speaker 3: This is awesome Amy.
Speaker 1: Awesome Amy. You call her number ten? You know what? Wait a minute, No, No, I'm not even gonna give you the bear. You know why? Because you sent me a dumb cat picture the other day. That's it. Upon further review, I think you call her nine Amy because of that. I said, don't send me the cat pictures.
Speaker 2: Okay, not be expective if you say, go yeah, awesome Amy is a menace to society, Yes she is.
Speaker 3: I've grown to like her. Yes, so weird.
Speaker 2: It's so weird because I'm like, no, no, I didn't want to, but here we are.
Speaker 1: Well, she's got a lot of experience with us in the field. Okay, she's been to she's been to a lot of these Valentine's Day celebrations where we do the mile of Meat. She she partied with us that you were at Ditch Day. I know you parted with us at Ditch Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had to settle down because she was like in a cast or crutches or something.
Speaker 1: There's always something with her. There's always something with you. Have you have you secured your twentieth anniversary party tickets yet?
Speaker 9: Oh and I've tried like every day for like three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you haven't gotten those yet. All right, Well, I do have the fourth and final case of beer for you, awesome Amy, So I'll take it back off on the cat pics, all right, I will back off on the cat picks. Awesome Amy, take the awesome title away from you. Hello here already, we are here, already Open phones for Iday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones fried Yay, guys, it's the last hour of the show. You know that that hour is all yours? Anything goes. Almost anything goes. I always have to stop myself, just shy of that. And I don't know if Chile has turned these around just yet. Good morning, rod Ryan show. Why who's this? Hello? Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Cheryl? Open phones? Anyone else that wants to get through? Seven? One three two, win two five nine four five? What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 10: No, I puted doing the free beard thing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what this was, Okay, I understand. Yeah, Well, while I got you here, what's your favorite color? Purple? Same? Same?
Speaker 3: Really same.
Speaker 10: That was.
Speaker 3: This is a nice moment between you guys.
Speaker 1: There's a beautiful moment. What's your favorite what's your favorite?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 10: Okay you egg plants? Good or plants?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, listen over the years, over the years, and Cheryl sounds like over the years when we when we played the Vibo five hundred, I've amazed at how many purple vibrators have performed on this show. Purple. There's always a purple one in there. It seems like it. You know, the silver bullet's a popular one. There's a lot of white light. Yes, but man, yeah, rat very hot, very hot. Okay, Hey, listen, sure I've enjoyed this call. See okay, I think it's a great start to open phones. Ashley with an E I G H. Good morning, Ry, have it going good? What do you have for open phones?
Speaker 22: I had an idea for possibly a contest to win party tickets.
Speaker 1: Did you email me this idea already? Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you read it?
Speaker 1: I did? I did?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Do you think? Do you do? You roam through this life thinking that you might possibly be the winningest listener of the Rod Ryan Show of all time? Do you feel that way?
Speaker 23: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: You think you've won more than Yeah?
Speaker 22: I have people telling me I need to play the lottery because I get so lucky with y'all, you know, because the universe is going to take these pre concert tickets away from me and they're gonna be like, you're getting greedy.
Speaker 1: Ashley with an E, I G H. Of course I'm familiar with you. Of course I know that you've won stuff. Mentally, I don't have you in that in that box of winning the most on this show. I don't. But but she's not the the most on the show.
Speaker 22: It was on the radio, like, whoever's most won the most on your station?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah? The nation win more she thinks that we have some sort of a records department that we could just enter.
Speaker 22: This was my idea, Like, if you think you won a lot, you can enter your name, and whoever won the most out of everybody who entered the name would be considered the winner.
Speaker 1: So she thinks, again what I was gonna say, I'm just gonna repeat what you said. But she thinks we have some database that has saved everything over the years, hard catalog, and she thinks that we could type in her name and it's just gonna spit out every time she's won something. And Mike fell off today kind of okay, I was two second. I was two seconds away from having a rubber band hold this microphone up today. You think that we have everybody's name on file over the twenty years of this show. I just don't think that exists. I couldn't even up with the podcast. I get it. People think that like we're broadcasting from the bridge of Star Trek, you know what I mean, or like NASA right here appreciate that. No, it's it's a couple of T one thousand's, okay, and that's really about it. Well, it kind of is like Star Trek where like none of it was real. It didn't really work.
Speaker 22: Yeah, like, oh yeah, it's all it's an optical Yeah, I I I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not discounting the idea. It won't work the way that you say. But then I also can't take your word for it that you've won the most. So I don't know how we move forward on this, but Ashley with an E I g H. I'll think about it.
Speaker 4: Rod at the buzz dot com. Just let Rod know how many times you've won and we'll pick them.
Speaker 1: Or other game ideas. Okay, we've had game ideas that have come through from listeners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a really bad game idea yesterday.
Speaker 1: It wasn't bad. It wasn't bad. It needs to be workshops. But what was that? What was the last game we played that was suggested by somebody? It was the seven and ten, the seven times flat, seven times, the Randy Drop, the Randy Drop. We were trying to figure out how comedy game for it when somebody created that game start to finish for us, it rocked. Jason, you're on open phones, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning man.
Speaker 24: I just want to talk about Barnes Cordinay for a minute.
Speaker 1: We caught a.
Speaker 24: Show at the House of Blues and do you guys need to play more Barnes Courtiny, Man.
Speaker 1: It was my first dance, my first dance song, You and I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great song.
Speaker 1: We did play some Barnes Courtney on this station, but yeah, it seemed, uh, it seemed like there wasn't a big follow up to this.
Speaker 24: Plus it's crazy because we saw them with the struts and like it seems like more people in the crowd were there for Barnes Courtney in the struts and they're like a huge name.
Speaker 4: Now that sounds like like a perfect pairing of bandsy good again, it was yea, I.
Speaker 1: Haven't heard the name Barnes Courtney in forever. Okay. Radio Wizard's listening more Barnes Courtney, Okay. And then it's probably sitting there in the corner with Catfish and the Bottleman. You know, Assam too. That's why where you find more music from them around here? Okay? And that that big huge computer system of ours search math and bade.
Speaker 9: You can start listening.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday has now morphed into Open Phones Friday. And let me tell you, Ashley with an e I g H has just opened up a can of worms. She feels like she's walking through this earth thinking that she's won the most. She doesn't have a number. I can't say she hasn't, right with certainty. Cody Dune says, right, I've won nineteen times on your show. It seems like a lot, Captain Cody, So he's got wins. And then Heather, the Queen of all Rod Ryan Show games, Yeah, She's like, I would go against Ashley EI g H on that in twenty years. I definitely have to have her beat. And then Adam comes up with a really good one and says, if you just look at the Goat Josh on fresh out of bed head to head, he's been in the Hall of Fame eleven times, so just five times eleven, so's fifty five. And then he's won it before, so that's over fifty seven wins.
Speaker 4: We're not even counting tournament wins at that point.
Speaker 1: And we're not counting how many times he's won and fell short of getting into the Hall of Fame. I bet you Josh the Goat has probably won again. A lot of those are in days in a row. I bet he's won seventy five times, at least seventy times. At least he has done something. So does he have the most wins of anything on The Rod Ryan Show over the years. I don't know. I'm just call her number ten, Robbie. I like the debate though, That's what I'm here for. Yeah, And I don't think there's any way approving it either. I don't. We don't have that super favorite kind of things to argue too, though. We do not have that super computer with all your information in.
Speaker 25: There online Kid's Alix online ninety four five the.
Speaker 1: Muzz All right, what you got today? I do have a supercomputer for you for aol today.
Speaker 4: This supercomputer would tell you you're gonna enter your name into it, and it will tell you what your Starbucks name is.
Speaker 1: So you know how Starbucks doesn't.
Speaker 3: Ever get you.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you last time I went to with Starbucks, but I always see the misspell everybody's name. You type in your name, it will then tell you what your order is, and it will tell you how it is spelled. I typed in Alex obviously, and they have a cappuccino for alien Alien Alien.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tesa. Do you let me see what yours has been. Mine's gonna be Rob.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Please let me.
Speaker 4: See tatna toffy frappuccino for Tatna.
Speaker 1: That's me. We try Uh, let me try Rod. It's real fast Chandler. I don't know anything like Rod, because you didn't some of the right link.
Speaker 4: I well, I mean they do always get wrong, so like that would make sense.
Speaker 1: Chandler is not Rod. Starbucks type it in. I typed in Rod, and it came back. We have you as a Chandler. Yeah, I mean you can still cling a Chandler. I think that's the I know your name. I my guest Chandler. I just had a guess off the top of my head. Got him, Chandler. Check you out well, finish Rod Ryan Show pages dot Com. Got him again, got him, got him back over to the phones, got him, sent me the wrong link. Oh you got something you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. Hey Corey, good morning, Well, good morning Rod and family. How are you bro well?
Speaker 25: Considering it's fifty three degrees here and completely.
Speaker 1: Foggy, what are you calling from an ice bath?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 25: We took off Colin and I came up to Colorado for a week and uh, we've been listening to the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate the long distance love. I was just in Denver and it was ninety degrees. Where in Colorado are you well?
Speaker 25: We we did a gardener that we're doing the Garden of the Gods today down in Colorado Springs. But we started up in ST's Part and went over the Rocky Mountain.
Speaker 10: God.
Speaker 25: It was absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also it's an.
Speaker 25: Amazing for the first two days.
Speaker 1: And right now it's fifty three.
Speaker 25: It is fifty three degree.
Speaker 1: There had been a bunch of wildfires. I think up there. Did that affect anything that you were planning on doing.
Speaker 25: It affected to drive to Stas Park because it was all it closed, but everything was east of us, so the wind was coming from the west blowing all the smoke. Our first four days here were gorges.
Speaker 1: Man. Send us a picture. I mean everywhere you look in Colorado, the mountains, everywhere you look Colorado is just a picture. Picture picture. Corey, send us a photo, please. Kenny, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, brother Rod. How you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Doing great? Kenny Davis, You've got the floor what do you want? What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: You just to give a shout out to my wife, you know, been with their seventeen years. Just can't imagine life without her. She's really is my rock.
Speaker 1: Is this is this an anniversary or is this just a shout or shot?
Speaker 6: This just every day?
Speaker 1: This is every day.
Speaker 6: I just feel his way every day. Honestly, that's been amazing. Funny someone you truly love.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Doesn't he sound who? Does he sound like?
Speaker 3: Talk a little bit more? Tell me more about your wife?
Speaker 22: Uh?
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 6: She's five to ten, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Blue eyes, even sounds even more. Love it wild now, it's like a little older Jordan Welch in the machine.
Speaker 3: Jordan Welchie, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Kenny d not at all in the machine, all right, played a.
Speaker 6: Couple of times, won some things for you all older in the hurricane.
Speaker 2: I thought, I think he sounds like gen Z Zach more than Oh yeah, I'm getting a Jordan for sure.
Speaker 1: Well listen, Kenny seventeen years man. And that makes that shout out even more special because today is not the anniversary, and that means that you treat every day like an anniversary and I think I think, I think it's really heartfelt. Wait to go, Kenny, thank you.
Speaker 6: I do appreciate that we all tickets and hell storm for tomorrow. And yeah, you know we went all thought online last weekend and I got my schedule set. Man, I'm green day breaking, Benjamin. The only thing I don't have right now with is Rob Ryan tickets that I plan on getting him and I'll see you guys there.
Speaker 1: He did say Rob. Right, yeah, Rob, he did say, Rob Ryan. That's why they made it. Rob is having a twentieth anniversary play. But seventeen years they go to a lot of concerts together. Is that the secret?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: You know, when you sit around and do nothing together rot, yes, But when you go out and you do concerts and you enjoyed life, maybe that's Kenny's cracked the code clearly, Cornbread.
Speaker 11: What are you doing?
Speaker 18: What's up?
Speaker 1: Did you Tilly said you broke your arm? Is that true?
Speaker 10: I did on Monday?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I thought this was still during Pride. Yeah, we haven't heard you from the lesbian parade.
Speaker 10: Oh man, I'm still recovering now.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I broke my arm playing playing volleyball my Olympic career for volleyball.
Speaker 1: Is over time.
Speaker 3: We lost the gold medal. I was in sand or indoor indoor. Yeah, I'll get you.
Speaker 1: I hope you took that opportunity if there was video of you and your broken arm. You know, the big popular thing is this is unfortunately I did not make the cut for the Olympics this year. That's a big trend.
Speaker 10: I know. It's even better in the hospital when they like knocked me out. I was all drugged up and rebroke it. That that's on video pit taken out. I was saying some real dump stuf.
Speaker 1: So within the first hour of leaving, I mean, how quickly did you have that gay flag painted on your cast?
Speaker 10: Okay, That's what I was gonna bring up. So so we had like a little get together that everybody was drawing on my cast and I got I got a rainbow and I got a painted.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Listen, I hope you heal quickly. Cornbread Jessic everybody she claims to be our favorite lesbian. Uh, Melissa, your next up? What do you got?
Speaker 2: A good morning?
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show, family, and little Ladle Ladle.
Speaker 2: First of all, okay.
Speaker 8: I do have an important p s A that I can't believe I even need to make this announcement. Okay, why in the world we still need to tell people do not leave anything alive, living, breathing in your car in the heat in Texas summer without don't do it. I was at home depot yesterday.
Speaker 10: And uh, two dogs in a.
Speaker 8: In a minivan windows crack two inches.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, London, London loves it. I mean, I say, you want to come in, you want to come into HB with me. She's like, no, just roll the windows and leave me here. I go, but I got a lot I get you see the size of my list. She goes, just leave me here.
Speaker 3: She wants to ride.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, of course, I'm kidding. Okay, you'd see everybody look at it in the studio. Leave your kid in the car, all right, no dogs in the car. So we got that PSA out of the way and was there. It sounded like there was something else.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just a couple other things. I thought that guy's idea about y'all holding items in the peak show as a as a game to play. I thought that was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a game idea too. It was kind of it's just exclusive to the people that watch us on the Peep Show which is now Facebook Live YouTube, and the que or the thing that happens to call in would only the people that are watching would see it. I wouldn't mention it on the on the radio. I like that idea. Okay, thanks for bringing that back into my life. I need to work shop that.
Speaker 10: Yeah thing.
Speaker 8: I got one tiny thing okay, the love of my life. We'll celebrate twenty six years on the fourteenth, So man brother toy.
Speaker 1: Which twenty six years married?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How long were you together before you got married?
Speaker 8: Us four five years, four years. I guess I'd have to go back and do the math.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Good for you. Congratulations you are I love you guys.
Speaker 8: I will see Y'll soon go by.
Speaker 1: She was nice, Melissa. Oh, Melissa's always great, always great. That's another line open? How is it this hour agoes so fast? It really does. It's like, what come on, get another line in here, Chile? Thank you, Melissa seven one three two one two five nine four five, Adam, I'm coming to you next. Looks like he's got an anniversary. Joel wants to talk about a snow machine. Ricky whole question suggestion those are all online ninety four or five the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I hope you are off to a great start to your Friday. You guys have been making a great for me for twenty years now. Over it's Open Phones Friday. Open phones isn't that old? Though? Open Phones isn't even five years old. No, I don't know. Did we started since you've been here?
Speaker 2: I've ever since I've been here, there's been open Phones Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think it's five years old. I don't know. Maybe Joel knows. Hey, Joel, yes there, good morning. How long have I been doing Open Phones Friday? Joel?
Speaker 12: Oh goodness, at least four years?
Speaker 1: At least four years. I'd agree with you that, Matt. Okay, I'll sign off for the mat on that. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 12: Well, it is just so darn hot, and I know that you guys could probably get a hold of about Kilmer from that movie.
Speaker 1: Top Real Genius, Oh, real genius. Yeah, do you remember when they.
Speaker 12: Froze the hallway and they're like ice skating. I need to know how this works or how to how to develop a snow machine. Because it's just it's scolding out there.
Speaker 1: Joel, I'm guessing that you are. I'm gonna throw this out there just because of the reference you used. I'm guessing you're forty seven years old. I'm fifty. You're fifty. Okay, because nobody these guys don't know real genius. That was probably vl Kilmer's second movie. I think he was in that weird like undercover movie that he played like a silly undercover agent where he sang in it. It's a funny, funny movie. Though, you're right, I need a snow machine. I have a guy that has a snow machine. I have to give him a plug coming out a guy. I do. I got a snow guy. I do have a snow guy. Adam. Good morning, Hey, good morning, Ron.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 12: So we're sitting here talking about winning.
Speaker 1: I think I'm the biggest winner on your shoe. Okay, here we go. Yep.
Speaker 12: So Monday's my eighteen year anniversary with my wife.
Speaker 1: Way to go, dude, But she's been mine.
Speaker 12: For thirty seven years, So I think I win.
Speaker 10: I think that's I'm the winner.
Speaker 1: You were getting You were milking that cow longer than Alex.
Speaker 13: Oh, she's not a cow.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: The saying was, you know, milking the cow, getting the milk for free. It's something like that. I forgot you're getting free cheese. What is it?
Speaker 3: You were amish?
Speaker 1: I don't know r turning all that free butter. There's a saying about that.
Speaker 3: It's so weird to say.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that saying is, but you were doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, look at t boys taking if you shove your hand but balls ass.
Speaker 1: Take the butcher's wed. Adam had the anniversary to you, all right, Ricky, good morning, Hey, good morning. That's going good man? What do you have for open phones?
Speaker 26: I was just curious how many people actually prefer onion rings to print bread.
Speaker 1: Well, not me.
Speaker 3: I think I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I think onion rings are great, but I wouldn't even consider them being as good as French fries.
Speaker 2: Every nowaday, if there's two people, it's like, hey, why doesn't one of us get onion rings?
Speaker 3: But you never go double onion rings. You gotta have some fries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them.
Speaker 6: I understand that. I mean it was just recently I've been more into on your rings and front fries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on your rings are great, but not as good as fries. I can do that as a pole question though. Yeah, I'm down for that pole question. That sounds like just the kind of thing that we could. We need to crack that. Chris, good morning, good morning. How are you great?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 6: I had the same onion ring question?
Speaker 1: No, you did, not crazy? Right now? What do you prefer onion rings or French fries?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 25: I don't know, it depends on where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Probably onion straws.
Speaker 6: I like the onion straw what onion?
Speaker 4: See how you derailed your own car like an awesome blossom?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, I messed by boom. All right, Well what did you want to talk about?
Speaker 6: I did want to talk about Hardy, my boy Hardy.
Speaker 25: We dogged on him a couple of months ago, but he actually made on the show with the striter. I believe his name?
Speaker 1: Uh is Hardy the guy that had that kind of that bad rock song. Yeah, like that rock star song.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, Rod, that is his absolute worst song I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: What is it called? You remember it? It was like no, yeah, it was nickelbacky, I want to be a rock star type of thing. It was bad.
Speaker 6: Okay, just listen to any of those songs.
Speaker 25: He's awesome, dude, I promise you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, no, I know. People love Hardy. People absolutely love Hardy rock star. Yeah, they even they even name drop nickel Back in the song. It was horrible. It was it was horrible, And I get it. If you really like Hardy, you're thinking, Okay, we got off on the wrong foot with Hardy, and we did. We did. Let's go one more, Joe, Joe, you're gonna close this out for me? What you got? Oh? Shoot a right?
Speaker 16: Hey, family, Hey, So I just want to give a shout out to my wife of two years. So in the past couple of weeks, we've been discussing a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Back and forth.
Speaker 12: So I day trade on the side.
Speaker 16: And today I'm going into work and having my very last day of work and officially becoming a day trader so I could spend more time with my family.
Speaker 1: Wow, dude, congrat Now.
Speaker 16: I'm running into work right now. I'm like, all right, cool, no more of this ten to six, ten to eight stuff. I'm going to spend more time with my family, got a little one year old, she just turned one last week, So we haven't been able to go to many shows, many concerts, but we're going to try to make it to that hill Storm show tomorrow night in the Woodland and trying to actually really do something that we haven't done in shoot years.
Speaker 1: I hate to sound so sensible and level headed, but you have a young kid. What are you doing for insurance and all of that stuff? If you're day trading on your own, that's is that going to be the only income for the family.
Speaker 16: So yeah, that's gonna be the only income for the family. But I mean, I've I've found reasonably cheap Right now, I'm paying four hundred dollars a month on insurance, so shoot, with the with the income from day trading, I'm making double my paycheck already per month. So tact is an insurance.
Speaker 1: There's going to be the two expenses.
Speaker 16: That I have now, all right, But the freedom and being able to spend time with the family that you can't put a price on that.
Speaker 1: You know, any hot stock you're looking at it tonight, give us tips right now?
Speaker 16: So right now, I mean, shoot, i I'm trading gold.
Speaker 1: I'm trading, Nvidia trading.
Speaker 7: The SPI.
Speaker 6: Just a big guy.
Speaker 1: It's the big boys. Shoot.
Speaker 16: Everything's on a discount after these past few days.
Speaker 1: Gotcha all right? Joe, Hey, good luck to you. I'll game stop doing, I mean, get out of here with games. Stop crushing.
Speaker 9: Email us.
Speaker 3: You don't have anything to do at work anymore.
Speaker 22: Email us.
Speaker 3: We would like some tips.
Speaker 1: What are you giving away? I know the show stock.
Speaker 3: Advice and pair limp Biscuit.
Speaker 2: This is in the Pit for Olympus, Kit Bones, Nate, No.
Speaker 1: Face, Crey, film in a River Pitt Sunday Night, the Concert of the Summer. We'll have a question for you on the Flip Easton's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 9: The Rod La This Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. We're just about out of here for the weekend, guys, so we're gonna turn you loose, not without something great though. La la la la la.
Speaker 3: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La Now John for the show Pit tickets, the olymp Biscuit, Sunday Night, Concert of the Summer. Maybe maybe what's your question gonna.
Speaker 3: Be uh, just tell me how many?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Actually, okay, what does the average American need sixty.
Speaker 1: Of in a year?
Speaker 3: According to this report? Rod hates it silly, Chili thinks this is not enough. So what does the average American need sixty of per year?
Speaker 2: Tell me that and I will put you in the pit to see you live Visuit seven one three two five.
Speaker 1: Good luck summer end of summer. Wow, that was quick The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five. That was Rod Ryan's show. Careful, man, we got a heat advisory today. I imagine that's going to happen this weekend too. It's the same thing. Yeah, Sonny highs around ninety eight tomorrow sunny ninety seven on Sunday, I think one eight. If it feels like one hundred and eight, that's where the heat advisory comes in. So if it's not going to be on, it's going to be right around there all week and long. So be careful. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 9: La La la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 1: That's me, okay, man, I can't think it's me with these phones today. Hi. What's your name?
Speaker 9: My name is Zoe.
Speaker 1: Hi, Zoe. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm amazing?
Speaker 1: How are you great? I like that answer too. You're down? You want to be in the pit for Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 9: I would love to, right, I need.
Speaker 1: You in the back if you win. I don't need you up there with all those ruffians. Okay, I'm gonna have to find you. I'm gonna like build a We're gonna put a wall around you.
Speaker 3: All right, just in case box everyone else.
Speaker 1: Let's see if she wins, though, Let's see Zoey wins.
Speaker 2: Zoe, what is the average American need sixty of per day?
Speaker 3: I mean part years? Sorry, lazy days.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you're in. You're in. So it's like you don't know me. I know Krav Maga. I'll take out everybody in that pit. You got pit tickets Sunday night to go see Limp Biscuit. I'll see you down there, Zoe. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I sign it for you.
Speaker 4: I've been calling since six am this morning, so.
Speaker 1: You tried to win some of the other things we were offering up on the show today. Yes, Sarah, I've called over four hundred times today.
Speaker 3: A girl, This girl can handle herself in the pit. You're a go getter. You go get that pit.
Speaker 1: Did you try? Let me ask you this because I know everything else was called her ten and you couldn't get in on the sizzler? Did you call for the Fresh out of Bed? Had your head to play?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I did you did?
Speaker 1: Okay? Have you ever played Fresh out of Bed?
Speaker 10: I have never?
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to get you in on that game, all right, I would love to. All Right, well listen, I'll see you. I'll see you down there. Okay, let's get a picture in the pit. Seek me out, Come find me, Come find me.
Speaker 9: Sounds good?
Speaker 1: Okay, head on for.
Speaker 25: Me, Zoe.
Speaker 1: Do we have any cow bell around?
Speaker 9: It looks like we may.
Speaker 1: Can I get can I get a woo? All right?
Speaker 23: I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever, and the only prescription his small cow bell.
Speaker 1: That's that man. Richard avoided the one pump chump this morning. It was close, but he did beat Hey a Ron. He's gonna go for win number three on Monday. Show, Open Phones. You guys killed it again today, Thank you very much. Twenty eighteen is when we started Open Phones. Ashley with an I chimed in on that she remembers the exact date open Phones callers. Great job, Thank you specs for the beers today. Fanny Frodday was our number one link. Du do do do do? People have been sending me game ideas like they're trying to create their own games. Yeah. Yeah, as long as we don't have to, like phony, pay actors to give away roses and stuff, send me a game idea, that's fine. The rod Ryan Show replay is tomorrow morning from They give us two hours right from six until eight, So the best of the rob Ryan Show tomorrow morning. Jeremy's got the NonStop noon or. He told me that everybody wants rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. I believe that'll be in your choice, okay, And I believe Teresa and Carol Lee. Not only does Carolee have rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary tickets, but at nine ten she's bringing it back. She will kill a man on the air just to watch him die. Yes, Johnny Cash style. Hell yeah, every night, I still haven't fun out if that's gotten back to her yet. Chilie's got six picks this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be the one. I don't want to be the one featured on that. Chilie's got six picks. He's very unhappy about it. Go Usa, Go break Dancers, and I think that's everything. Guys, have a great weekend, man, enjoy all the things that Houston has to offer. This weekend. It's gonna be a great one. We'll be back on Monday. If the creek don't rise.
Speaker 26: Hey, am A, Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.