Speaker 1: This episode from the Life of Sherlock Holmes will be transmitted to our men and women overseas by short wave and through the world wide facilities of the Armed Forces Radio Service.
Speaker 2: Petree Wine brings you.
Speaker 1: Lazo roughbaughn and Nigel Bruce and the new adventures of Sherlock Holmes. The Petrie family, the family that took time to bring you good wine.
Speaker 2: Invite you to.
Speaker 1: Listen to doctor Watson tell us another exciting adventure he shared with his old friend, that master Detective Sherlock Holmes. So let's settle back comfortably and lessen. And while you're getting settled, I'd like to know if you like seafood and buy seafood. I mean everything from well from Broyle Lobster to Fried Halliman, because if you like seafood, any seafood, you'll love it together with Petrie California So Turned Fish and Petrie so Turn were made.
Speaker 2: For each other. No kidding, boy, However.
Speaker 1: My wife forget a broyled Brooks out on the plate in front of me and a glass of well chipped Petrie so Turned right next to it at Fish, and that's So Turned. Pet so Turn has a pale golden color that's really good to look at. And as for taste, well, that Petree flavor is really something. Take my word for it and try it, won't you well, and I'll tell you something else. Try that Petrie so turned with chicken sometime. Look, I better stop before I get hungry all over again. But just remember this. The best friend a good meal ever had is a glass of Petree wine. And now let's keep our appointment with a good doctor Watson. Good evening, Doctor, good evening, come over here and join me by the fun. Didn't think it was cold enough for a fire tonight, Doctor.
Speaker 2: There was one late, so I just couldn't resist putting a match to it.
Speaker 1: Fire is a good acompany with the story telling anyway.
Speaker 2: Yes, my boy, a far and a glass of port. Care to join me in one?
Speaker 1: Thanks, Dogles, So you're gonna tell us a sea story any night?
Speaker 2: Yes, mister Bartell. The whole inventor took place aboard a small steamer that pliled through the stormy seas of the Indian Ocean. Here's your glass.
Speaker 1: Thanks, And what were you and the great Sherlock Holms doing on the Indian Ocean?
Speaker 2: May run our way to Calcutta to solve the case and the vanishing elephant of Parbooky per.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, the story told us a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It's quite right, my boy. It's in the summer of eighteen hundred and ninety four. If we left Liverpool aboard the steamship Lucifer wasn't a large ship, and has both the Mediterranean and the Red Sea proved somewhat so we see on friendly. I may tell you the first part of the boys was quite unpleasant, in fact, until we left Aid and I spent most of the time in my cabin. I'm not much of the skiller. However, as we headed eastward towards Colombo, the weather cleared up a bit and I came on just and joined home. I remember on the second night out of Aiden, we paced the decks together. The stars above us twinkled, the promise of a bright tomorrow, and the faint tinkle of a piano being played in the passenger lounge formed a perfect setting for an evening stroll.
Speaker 3: On.
Speaker 2: It seems like, yes, Home said, what'sn't it good to see on your feet again? It's good to be on them holmes.
Speaker 4: It's been a miserable trip from miss over the Captain's on me tonight that we can expect good weather between here and Calabat.
Speaker 2: A next port of call. I thought Columbo's and next up? And where is Keller Battio in me? Call it anyway? I never heard of the place, the island in the Indian Ocean. It's a British protectorate.
Speaker 4: There's the effect I was able to glean from the encyclopedia and the ships.
Speaker 2: As the captain. Why we're stopping there?
Speaker 4: No, No, I didn't. We're traveling incognito. I thought it wise, I'm not asked too many questions.
Speaker 2: I find this incognito business something of a strain. Every time a Stuart caused me, mister Hamish, I can't think who knows these stories are?
Speaker 4: And as I find myself answering to mister Micraft almost automatically by the way our chat. Now that you are going to mix for the ship's passengers, I suggest that you adopted Scotch accent. It would seem more appropriate, mister Hamish, and I don't want anyone aboard to sticked out true identity.
Speaker 2: I'll do my best, but I must say, Homes, I think you're being unless mysterious part of me.
Speaker 4: I've been influenced by reading too many of your rather florid.
Speaker 2: Stories about adventures together. My stories are not florid or perfectly true.
Speaker 4: By the way, you'll be interested to know that I've unearthed a little mystery about this books.
Speaker 2: You to do that, Willship.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh, you observe that suite of tins on the bridge deck above us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For about them, well, I've been watching them during my nightiest goals for the past two weeks. The suite is occupied and the blinds are never raised, but I've never seen meals taken them there.
Speaker 2: I presume, therefore that it must contain a private galley and a cook. You're telling mysterious about that. It's probably occupied by some wealthy invalid possibly possibly.
Speaker 4: Another interesting factor is that the occupants are not I have entered on the ship's passengers.
Speaker 2: All sounds there's probably a pertly simple explanations, but in any case, you must save your energies for the problem that awaits us in India. You're mister Microft, now, I remember that I will mister Hamish. Mister yes, mister Hamish, you have to join me.
Speaker 4: For we drop of brandy in the smarting room, mister Hamish, I shall be delighted. Oh oh, this is excellent, Brandy Watson. You noticed that rather Garrol gentleman over there in the corner.
Speaker 2: You mean the one at the table with the oriental gin color.
Speaker 4: Yes, the talkative man is the ship stoped heav and I haven't seen the other gentleman before on this voyage.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's an occupant of the mysterious suite of the bridge deck. Let's go up and talk to him, shall we?
Speaker 4: And remember the accident mister Hamish. When we landed at Colombo, I decided to take missus Abbott.
Speaker 2: From a moonlight rickshaw rifle the cinnamon gardens. Did you, gentlemen want to.
Speaker 4: See me if you would excuse us, Doctor Harris, my friends to Hamish and I were having a little argument and we thought perhaps you might be able to settle it.
Speaker 2: For no argument. Oh I love a good argument.
Speaker 5: Sit down, gentlemen, sir, this is mister Murder are you do, gentlemen?
Speaker 2: Good evenings. My name is Hamishton. This is my friend mister Microft. I'm so happy to meet you, gentlemen. Now how do you know mister Ah?
Speaker 4: Now, gentlemen, tell me what you're arguing about, Well, a good argument, you see it. It was nick an argument my friends to Himish insists that the sus Canal was built by a Dutchman in eighteen seventy. I'm convinced that it was built by Lessips, a Frenchman in eighteen sixty nine.
Speaker 2: We we thought you'd know. You flatter me.
Speaker 4: I'm only a ship's dot and not an historian, ask Urda. You probably know, can't you set all the question for a sir? I can, like mister Microft, You're almost correct. The canal was opened in eighteen sixteen, though it's construction again ten years previously. The recepts a French engineer was in charge of the operation. There is a statue of him in Portside Harbor Bill to commemorate his skill and the face much obliged to you, miss Vera Hemish, I think that I went my best. I'm afraid you do if you're sure of your.
Speaker 6: Facts, mister Vera, I'm sufficiently sure of the mister Hemish to venture a small wager myself.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think I'll not make any more bets on the subject.
Speaker 6: Panky, Well, gentlemen, if you will excuse me. I shall return to my cabin now.
Speaker 2: Oh don't go, No, no, no, don't go. So you'll make you feel as if he'd driven you away.
Speaker 6: On another toll, mister Hemish. I enjoyed meeting you both, but I have some letters to write. Good evening, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He's a charming person, charming and extremely knowledgeable. But both, if you ask me, you two fellows enjoy the trip. I'm just beginning to It takes a little time to get my sea legs. You know, Docca Harris, how long you've been on the ship oars? Well, there's not the third for based on a lucifer.
Speaker 4: Why, Well, there's something that puzzles me on board this ship. I'm sure that you would explain it to me.
Speaker 2: And what is it? Well, be a suite of cabins on the bridge deck? Who occupied he? Wouldn't you like to know? I don't know it would, and that's why my friend asked you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you, though it's supposed to be a secret, but there'll be no harm in telling you how. For we're dropping Anchor off the island of Kavaratti in the morning. In that suite of rooms, in that suite of rooms is the Rani of Cavarati herself.
Speaker 2: She has her own staff of servants and everything. What do you think of that? How very interesting?
Speaker 4: And is the audienceal gentleman who left the table where we arrived part of our entoura he is he's the sort of prime minister of Kavarati. This hope for days is very hash Hash. Rani returning to her country afraid someone might make an attack on her life, has to keep it all hashash.
Speaker 5: Cavaratti's an island that's had a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: You seem to be remarkably well informed about the place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I should be. And there's the practice there in my younger days.
Speaker 2: Very interesting.
Speaker 5: Yes, I could tell you strange tales about the island.
Speaker 7: I remember.
Speaker 5: Oh hello, see that fellow coming into the lounge.
Speaker 2: You mean the big man with the gray hair is and Sir.
Speaker 4: Christopher Wyatt owns all the tea plantations on Cabaatti.
Speaker 2: He's a dub.
Speaker 4: Fellow, but I'll call him over. Eh, Wyatt, come over and join us. Be careful, we talk your head off if you give him half a chance.
Speaker 2: Ah, go up a chair, Wyatt.
Speaker 4: We were just just talking about Cabaretti. It seems to me that would be a good subject to keep away.
Speaker 5: From him, at least till after tomorrow. Harris, what do you mean? You know perfectly well what I mean.
Speaker 4: I should have thought that after your own experience on Caberatti you'd have learned a little distression.
Speaker 2: You're talking like a schoolmaster, Wires.
Speaker 4: Why did he sit down and have a dream from his friendly thank you eyes before my own company, composess. Huh, You and Sir Christopher don't seem on the best terms. I know too much about him. He's afraid of me, that's what he is. Look at this girl coming in the room, late cut. He's good looking, judging by our oriental costume. She must be a number of the Rani's retinue.
Speaker 5: She's coming to our table, is my dear?
Speaker 2: What is it? Which of you, gentlemen?
Speaker 7: Is mister micro Please?
Speaker 8: I am my mystery?
Speaker 7: Sends her compliments and asked that you will call on her in her suit?
Speaker 2: And who is our miss?
Speaker 7: May I ask her highness? The Romney of cavaratis Oh.
Speaker 4: I should be delighted. Please tell the Rani that I shall pay my specs without delay. We will join her in a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Very well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Hermes is pretty exciting. The girls just brought us the message was a stunning creature. Imagine what the Rayne must be. What any durable emphasis you are watching?
Speaker 4: I suppose you picture the Rani clad an oriental splendor, reclining like an odorless silken cuss.
Speaker 2: There's no need to make fun of you have the cabin.
Speaker 7: Oh it is you, gentlemen, follow me, please, hony, her Highness, the Rani of Kabarati. All right, you canny yours.
Speaker 8: Don't have pistotled Come in and sit down. What's the matter? What's the matter? Don't I sit into your picture of a ronie? What did you expect to slant hard beauty.
Speaker 3: With a veil and bigiot?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got the bigots.
Speaker 8: All right, I'll never mindy Your highness sit you, says down. It's all three and easy. Like I may as well begin by telling you that I know you both are, mister Sherlock and Dr Watson. I've seen you in the good old days in London, you know.
Speaker 4: I may I ask if I visit this purely a social one or are you in need of that professional advice?
Speaker 8: Little of both, mister Olmes, A little of both, and we'll start off.
Speaker 1: With the show Roma Meme save Champagne bought that Jimme's side.
Speaker 2: If you pardon, may ask you, madam, but I'm gonna see you before them.
Speaker 8: Oh that's that question, always haven't answered.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're probably have Dr Watson.
Speaker 8: You see, I was in the corners the Daily's Theater in London for what a few years, until the Roger of Carvaratti decided I'd look better on his island, and I didn't follow the footline.
Speaker 2: Your husband Roger is dead, isn't he?
Speaker 8: Yes, he was killed playing Polo Champagne Meme's side.
Speaker 7: Colo Champagne in the sector at you. He doesn't speak English.
Speaker 8: I won't get along. We'll tell you my trouples, mister Elmes. Somebody's trying to kill me.
Speaker 2: It's good. I ask what reason you have seen that? Madam?
Speaker 8: You names round. Before I left England, I had threatening letters warning me that if ITHER went back to Cavaratti, I'd never get to the island alive. I got another letter in Port's side that said the same thing. You kept these letters, I trust, Yeah, I didn't. I've tore them up. I never did pay attention to letters that weren't signed.
Speaker 2: To get pity, madam. Those letters might have been invaluable.
Speaker 8: Now it's too late to think about that now, doctor Watson, here's what's on my mind. I land Kabarati in the morning, and if anyone's up to our bit of no good, tonight's their last chance.
Speaker 4: You would destroyed the threatening letters, madam, thereby indicating that you did not believe in the threats. And yet you now appear to feel that you are in danger. I wonder what made you change your mind?
Speaker 8: The ace of spade.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't understand you, madam.
Speaker 8: In the last two days, every time I tell my fortune, I get the ice of spade.
Speaker 7: Now you know what that means?
Speaker 2: Death?
Speaker 4: Oh, if your pard might say so, that's a very childish stuperstition.
Speaker 8: And the cards have never larged me yet. Oh you can laugh at it if you like.
Speaker 4: But I know well you mind if I asked you a free questions, anything along, mister Olms far away?
Speaker 2: How long has it since you were in Kabaddi?
Speaker 8: About eighteen months. We were in England when my husband died and I couldn't face the idea of going to that island alone in three months ago. Verder Oh, he's the chief minister of Cabaret.
Speaker 2: And we met him for a moment in the town.
Speaker 8: Verda came over to England to persuade me.
Speaker 2: It was my duty.
Speaker 8: Is the wrongie to go back?
Speaker 2: I see, as far as you know, have you any enemies among the passengers on board the ship.
Speaker 8: That's an id one to answer, mister Olmes. But I can tell you right here Inmr sweet to someone who doesn't like me. A girl I don know, the one that brought you my message. She was in love with a Roger herself. I know she hates me, even though she did state me in England after my husband died.
Speaker 2: How about further you are a minister.
Speaker 8: Oh, he's all right. My husband thought the world of him and he's been wonderful to me.
Speaker 2: He came from Cavarac recently, you say, to persuade you to return there.
Speaker 8: That's right, mister Olmes. Well Fulma seems to be all right after drinking that champagne, so it'll be safe for our steps on there.
Speaker 5: Champagne and Lo bought that.
Speaker 1: Jimme said, I've been burning with curiosity to know why you gave him a glass of champagne a few minutes ago, and yet we didn't.
Speaker 2: Have any Well, surely that's obvious, Watson. A filmer is the official poison taster.
Speaker 8: That's right, mister Omes. He tastes everything I eat or drink before. If the jottle.
Speaker 3: Affect him, then I know it's safe.
Speaker 8: Good brought him over to England when he came to fetch me on the island of Cavarati. Pois means quite an rb.
Speaker 4: You know there were two people in the smoking room tonight who seem to know quite a lot about your island. The ship's doctor rather Gatalus, gentleman by the name of Harris, and Sir Christopher Wyatt, who owned tea plantations on the island.
Speaker 2: Do you know either of them? Medam?
Speaker 8: We should say I do both of them. Doctor Harris isn't any good. He was on the island a bit, got into some kind of trouble. Then my husband had them thrown at.
Speaker 2: And how about Sir Christopher Wyatt?
Speaker 8: How Chris is all right? I saw quite a bit of them in London after my husband's death. It is a matter of effect. Well, if I weren't going back to Cabaratti. I don't think he'd be on the boat at all. He hasn't been here for over five years.
Speaker 4: Off sits.
Speaker 8: He had aroused my husband over the wages he paid the native labor.
Speaker 4: It seemed to me that several people aboard this boat have a personal interest in the island of Cabaratti, interests that might be influence.
Speaker 2: Wants to buy your death, is what I was going to say, Madam, I think we should keep an eye on you.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's just what I was hoping you'd say. Doctor. You see, I aren't given a bit of a supper party tonight. All the people we've been talking about have been invited. And I thought, when I thought, if you two were to be here, can I should be on the lookout for any any funny business all about it?
Speaker 2: Of course, will come won't be home.
Speaker 4: I think it might be a good idea, though, I would suggest that we retain our incontinentails as mister Hamish.
Speaker 8: And mister mic whatever you say, mister Jones, and now let's have that champagne.
Speaker 2: You know, Holmes. I remember the rally when she was on the course of Dayli's she looks tunguing and tight. There was one night. We don't mind that the moment. The question I would ask you, is yon Metal fully.
Speaker 4: Equipped with all the antidotes to poison poisons?
Speaker 2: Ridiculous? How could the Rani be poisoned when she has a poison taster? My dear Watson, you mustn't do.
Speaker 4: What's the blazers Watson that's liking in the companion way. There are two figures strugged him.
Speaker 3: On the rail.
Speaker 2: Good heavens what I'm gonna push it up? And I'm a companion way. Good Lord, this car smashed in. I'm afraid that eat. What's happened? It's a Christopher Waatt? What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: I was taking a stroll. I've heard a yell from this direction and caner as fast as I could. Great Scott, this fellows beating badly.
Speaker 2: You must get the ship's doctor.
Speaker 4: It's hardly necessary, I fear, sir Christopher. Do you mean in the first place, this man is dead. In the second place, he is the ship's doctor.
Speaker 1: We'll hear the rest of doctor Watson's story in just a second. So I'm just gonna ask you to do one thing for me, well, I should say, for yourself. Tomorrow night. If you're having meat or any meat dish for dinner, why not open up a bottle of Petrie California Burgundy. That wonderful, rich red Petri Burgundy will turn your dinner into a real feast. You see if it doesn't, because there's nothing like a good wine with good food. And I know your family gets good food, and I know that Patri Burgundy is a good wine. In fact, it's a perfect meal time wine. Try it and see. And now, doctor Watson, tell us what happened next? You said you found the ship's doctor dead at the foot of the companion way. Yes, mister Boto, his neck had been broken instantly. Imagine there was a good deal of excitement aboard.
Speaker 2: No, my boy's a matter of fact, there wasn't. He managed to get the body back to it's Kevin without attracting attention. Holmes, after revealing his true identity, was able to persuade the captain to hush up for killing until after Laurana's party had taken place.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't want to scare the murderer. I guess what happened next, Doctor Holmes, and I returned to Kevin to dress for the party. Holmes I remember was in a state of suppressed excitement. He spoke quietly and.
Speaker 2: Watson, surely it's obvious why the doctor was murdered.
Speaker 4: Obvious to me, it's elemental. My dear fellow, you are being a subtle murder by poison? How wise to remove the one man who might save the victim's life, a doctor?
Speaker 2: You keep harping on poisoning. It seems to me to be the last way a murder would try to dispose of the ranee. Everything she touches is first tested by the poison tester exactly. That's why I call it a subtle murder attempt.
Speaker 4: Didn't you notice the physical attributes of pruma the poison tester, which in particular usually glossy hair, is remarked by clear complex from his figure.
Speaker 2: Look here, just a hunting will you? I presume that in your medical bag you have a supply of magnesia? That true? Do you also have hydrated federicoxide? Yes? Ill spread it's party other things to take to a party? A true, my dear fellow.
Speaker 4: But I'm afraid that this party may not prove as convivial as the Rani thinks.
Speaker 2: Homes It's nearly one in the morning. Everything seems to be going splendidly. It seems to be Watson. But keep your eyes on the Ranee. Yes, I have been the poison taster, has tested everything that passed her lips. We don't donish to you. To Christopher, you haven't a good time?
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed thanking it to Hamish. I'll about you into Micraft. All Rannie's a perfect coast is who could help having a good time. I don't think that girl Rejuna should be here though. I don't want to be pompous, but after all, she's only a glorified certaint. Not possibly the laws of it Keta not so strict in can Cavaratias they are in London's Christopher, Oh, perhaps you're right, but I don't trust the girl. Something shifty about him. I've told the Rhine more than once. Oh well, I suppose it's none of my business. I think I'll try and persuade the Rani to sing one of her all songs.
Speaker 2: He doesn't trust her don and I don't trust him. I don't think it was excellent. We found him near the body of doctor hersh becomes Spira.
Speaker 5: I trust you gentlemen are enjoying yourself.
Speaker 2: Very much, Vera, thank you.
Speaker 4: I imagine you must be excited at the prospect to preturn to Kalabati.
Speaker 2: I am, mister Microft.
Speaker 6: Though I only left it three months ago, it has seemed more like three years.
Speaker 2: If you can what time will arrive there?
Speaker 5: I am told that we shall be there in five hours.
Speaker 2: Mister Henry, Oh look look at the pianids. He must be in the gears a tune. Yes, let's move a little cursa, shall we.
Speaker 8: Chris he Is asked me to think. I think, yeah, my voice isn't what it used to be, and don't all know it? But my spirit said I am, and that's enough to put.
Speaker 2: A number over.
Speaker 8: So well, boys, here away go. So we hot the man in the moon. I'm going to marry him soon. You would kill me with the bliss just to give him one kiss, but I know that a dozen and never would kiss. I'll go up in a great see.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, cut you, medical bag. I'll lock the doors right for homes with me.
Speaker 8: Oh please trust me.
Speaker 2: Don't be fired from Adam. I'll take care of you. Such pain, all the symptoms of asking poisoning. Now I know why Home has asked me for heavy and magnesia helicoxide.
Speaker 8: Do something for me, doctor, I'm dying.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, your highness, You're not going to die. She's going to live homes. Oh gracious me, I'm tired. Just touch and girl there for a while. Hold walt snow chap well done. Now that she's out danger, why can't we all go back to our cabins? Steal it? Dawn? And we've been locked in here since one o'clock.
Speaker 4: You have no right to do this, you know, possibly not a Christopher, but there's a murderer in this cabin and I don't intend to let him escape.
Speaker 8: Mister Holmes, what happened? How could I have been poisoned?
Speaker 7: When Frumer tasted everything first?
Speaker 8: Why it wasn't he poisoned?
Speaker 4: For a very simple reason, Your highni is the murderer has been conditioning fromer for over a year.
Speaker 2: What are your name?
Speaker 4: He's been feeding him gradually increasing doses of arsenic until he has finally become immune to the poison.
Speaker 2: It's got another pollo.
Speaker 4: Roma's glossy hair, is complexion and start to figure all typical of a person who consumes arsenic regularly.
Speaker 2: Who could have done it? Only one person had the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Well tell us who that person are? Not you, said Christopher, Not you, for you haven't been on the island for years.
Speaker 2: Well as Fromer returned from Karabati for three months ago.
Speaker 4: Raduna has also been in London with her mistress for the past eighteen months. Remember, the answer is obvious.
Speaker 2: You did it, Furder.
Speaker 8: You brought the taster over when you came to fetch me. You've prepared him for the year before.
Speaker 6: And of course I did no white and I will ever rule over Cavaratti, and you murder, Doctor Harris, equally true, mister Hobbins, give me the key to the door, please, oh no, do not come near me.
Speaker 5: Please throw it on the floor. Do not hesitate.
Speaker 6: You see this revolver, I should have no compunction in using it, I assure you.
Speaker 2: How do you expect to escape? Get the key? Please? Thank you.
Speaker 8: You'll never get away with this, perdy, you devil, but I shall.
Speaker 6: We are now in the harbor of Cavaati. I shall swim ashore and arrange your welcome. My dear Renee. Turn your backs, please turn them, thank.
Speaker 2: You, goodbye. Pis done about. Here's what did get a chance to joy it.
Speaker 4: He had me covered right now over off, I'm for a leg an arm, and don't hesitate to shoot.
Speaker 2: There he is up for a life book. He's coming up on the rail. Where did he go out there on the rail above his Madam, he's going to die.
Speaker 8: Give me that Profather, Doctor Wattson, quick, that's it, Come down off.
Speaker 2: Dear Burder. There he goes, he's dived. Madam, you'll shut to kill.
Speaker 8: Of course I did, mister Owes.
Speaker 9: Remember that we are now in Carvaratti waters, and that I, though I may not look like it at the moment, I am still the Ronnie of Carvaratti.
Speaker 1: So that that was a swell story. Doctor had a lot of color, and quite a bit of a color.
Speaker 2: For the works. Will I'm I'm glad you liked it. Oh, I did say.
Speaker 1: You know, that's not a bad idea. I mean, having someone taste everything before.
Speaker 2: You eat it. Oh, it's a very old idea, very old. They're coming two years ago.
Speaker 1: You know the kind of job i'd like?
Speaker 2: No, what's it?
Speaker 1: I'd like to be the official taster for the Petrie family. Well, I just think of all the Petrie wine I get to taste Petrie to the right of me, Petrie for the left of me.
Speaker 2: What a life? What wine? My having that job? Azo?
Speaker 1: You said it? The Petrie family and I really knows how to make good wine. They've been making wine for generations and because they've always owned and operated their own business ever since it was started way back in the eighteen hundreds. Well, that Petrie family is sure pile up plenty of skill and experience. Yes, they've been handing down in the family from father to son, from father to son, the fine art of turning lescious grapes into delicious wine. That's why you can't go wrong with any Petrie wine. It must be good because Petrie took time to bring you good wine. Well, doctor, what news story do you haveline up for us.
Speaker 2: Next mixt week with about I'm going to tell you an adventure that Sherlock Holmes and I had many years ago. It concerns a series of bonfirs, an underground cellar full of gunpowder, and a strange death on the rooftops of London tonight.
Speaker 1: Sherlock Holm's adventure is written by Dennis Green and Anthony Boucher, and was suggested by an incident in the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle story The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone. Mister Rathborne appears through the courtesy of Metro Goldwyn Mayor and mister Bruce through the curtis of Universal Pictures, where they are now starring in the Sherlock Holms series. The Petrie Wine Company of San Francisco, California invites you to tune in again next week, same time, same station. This is Harry Bartel saying good night for the Petrie family.
Speaker 2: Sherlock Holmes comes to you from our Hollywood studio.
Speaker 1: This is the mutual Broadcasting Sister