Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is a taper, Oh, I see so not.
Speaker 3: It almost looks like an elephant trunk that was removed a certain part. We are following the big story out of Madison, Wisconsin today. CNN is still running with two killed, but we saw I don't know why they're still doing that.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they're still doing that either.
Speaker 3: In the midst of that news conference a short time ago from Madison, Wisconsin police Chief Sean Barnes, he announced early that it was three people dead, including the shooter, and before he was done, somebody from his staff had come up and informed him that the numbers had changed, that the shooter at Abundant Life Christian School had apparently is one of five people who was killed, and then five others were injured and taken to hospitals. At this point, we don't know the makeup of the list who's on the list of who was killed other than the shooter. The chief did say that he believes that the shooter was a student there at the school. And again this Christian Life this abundant life. Christian School is a K through twelve school with about four hundred students, almost four hundred students, so that could have been someone as old as eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: He said that police officers who responded did not fire their weapons, that they found the shooter dead on arrival when they got there, of course, insinuating that the shooter took his or her life. But yeah, very little information in terms of are these all students, are they staff members?
Speaker 2: What went on? This morning? At about eleven o'clock local.
Speaker 1: Time, which would have been nine hour time, officers arrived some of the first responders from three miles away where they were doing active shooter training this morning when they got the call.
Speaker 2: Raced Over.
Speaker 1: Says that their job when they arrived was to stop the killing, stop the dying, and find who did this. It's kind of the triage that they practice over and over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in terms of training, he was saying that they the command staff level officers had just done a trading a couple of weeks ago for a mass casualty event like this, and then it was at the time at the time the shooting took place a couple of hours ago, their special event medical team was training at a facility but just about three miles away, so they were able to get in get into that school very very quickly and may have made an impact in terms of the number of lives lost and saved some of those lives.
Speaker 2: But again no motive.
Speaker 3: Obviously were way too early for that. That may be something that they talk about in a couple of hours when they hold another news conference. But again, Madison, Wisconsin, the shooting at Abundant Life Christian School five people killed, including the shooter, than five injured as well. A new motion from a couple of La County supervisors would declare the emptying of Los Patrinos Juvenile Hall a local emergency. If you remember, the state was legally sorry. The facility was legally required by the state to close last Thursday, but Ali County defied the state law and the Bureau of Corrections, et cetera, because they needed to keep this thing open. If they don't, they've got two hundred and sixty something juvenile offenders who will be allowed back into the neighborhood. So you have a couple of La County supervisors. I believe it's Hilda Slice and Catherine Barger, who have put together a resolution that would declare a local emergency. This would allow the deployment of what they call disaster service workers and law enforcement to the Juvenile Hall to help facilitate keeping that thing open. Otherwise, they say the danger to neighborhoods would be extreme peril because they would simply be released back into their neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: Pardoning Mayor of New York Eric Adams, the polio vaccine, and drones. They were all on the table at Trump's free willing press conference this morning at mar A Lago.
Speaker 2: That's where we begin. Swamp watching.
Speaker 3: Swamp is horrible government, make it like a reality TV shooting bad noos.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C. Hey Joe, a town all too clearly built on a swamp in so many ways, still a swamp. A batch of malarkey, boy said, drained the swamp. I said, Oh, that's so hell.
Speaker 1: You know the thing. Trump held court with reporters for the first time since he won the election securing that second term, and everything was on the table.
Speaker 2: Keep going, I find it.
Speaker 1: He called on the Biden administration to stop selling off unused portions of the southern border wall, threatening legal action. He says, we're going to spend hundreds and millions of dollars more on building the same wall we already have. It's almost a criminal act. He said that the country would not lose the polio vaccine and he would consider pardoning and battled New York Mayor Eric Adams as well.
Speaker 2: The issue of the polio vaccine thing came up.
Speaker 3: We talked last week about RFK Junior, and he was going to be making his rounds today talking with some Republican lawmakers about his plans for Health and Human Services if he is in fact confirmed as the Secretary of HHS.
Speaker 2: And there was a.
Speaker 3: Story that came out that a lawyer who once worked with RFK Junior was petitioning the FDA on behalf of someone else, in no connection to RFK Junior, but it was petitioning the FDA to pull the approval for the polio vaccine.
Speaker 2: It's not going to happen. That's not the I mean, they're.
Speaker 3: Just because that shot in the dark was taken doesn't mean it's about to happen. And when asked about RFK Junior, Trump said.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to be much less radical than you would think.
Speaker 2: I think he's got a very open mind, or I wouldn't have put him there. He's going to be very much less radical. But there are problems.
Speaker 4: I mean, we don't do as well as a lot of other nations, and those nations use nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's talking about there again, it's the language is such a weird it. He may have said ten more words in his head than actually came out of his mouth, but this.
Speaker 2: But there are problems.
Speaker 4: I mean, we don't do as well as a lot of other nations, and those nations use nothing, and.
Speaker 2: Those nations use nothing.
Speaker 3: Now, he did go on from that point and talk about a meeting that he had with the head of Lily, the head of Pfizer, and RFK Junior, talking about vaccines and pharmaceuticals and why it is that Americans pay pantloads more money I mean orders of magnitude higher than other countries when it comes to some of our prescription drugs, and how to battle against that.
Speaker 1: He also talked about the drones, the drone sidings over the parts of New Jersey, Eastern US some around here. He insisted that the government knows what is happening. He said, our military knows, and our president knows, and for some reason, they want to keep people in suspense, he said, without offering evidence of that, refusing to say whether he had been briefed on the sidings.
Speaker 3: Just a quick drone aspect that we talked about a little earlier. Alejandro Majorcis, the Secretary of Homeland Security, is supposed to be on top of this, and he has said that they're asking for additional resources. But he also had said he would like it if the laws were allowed, if the law allowed state and local authorities to shoot these things down, if they could.
Speaker 1: Also, why do you need additional resources? We have a lot of resources when it comes to local, state, federal law enforcement.
Speaker 2: What more do you need?
Speaker 3: Maybe, or I would say this about all politicians, The first answer is all we need is a little bit more money.
Speaker 4: I want to make sure the American public that we in the federal government have deployed additional resources, personnel, technology to assist the New Jersey State Police in addressing the drone sightings. Some of those drone sightings are in fact drones, Some are manned aircraft that are commonly mistaken for drones.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: He's got a challenge on his hands, as does everybody in the administration, from federal, state, local. Whatever information you have, you had better come forward with it, because we lose trust in our agencies when they can't tell us an answer.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, Madison continues to be muddled.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Fox News is reporting three dead including the shooter, going back to the regional report from the police chief that was amended to five dead including the shooter.
Speaker 3: Numbers are all over the place. They need another news conference pretty quick. Yeah, we are following the storing out of Madison, Wisconsin, a shooting at Abundant Life Christian School there. Madison Police Chief Sean Barnes said there were three people killed, including a child at that school shooting. Said that a suspect who is also a student at the school was among the dead, apparently self inflicted gunshot wound. At least six others are injured.
Speaker 1: Now, then a woman with the police department or with some sort of organization jumped in interrupted him and said, our new totals are five dead and five injured. And now they've gone back on that and they're back to the three people killed including the shooter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they posted on Facebook shooting update colon at this time three people deceased. During the media briefing earlier this after it was erroneously shared five were deceased, but they said again three people deceased. Nine in total were injured, including those three deceased, and then it gives information about a reunification center. The next media briefing scheduled for what would be two thirty. Uh, it's two thirty, so twelve thirty our time, and we'll see if we get information. Here's the thing that at a time like this, in a town like Madison, Wisconsin, you have the I mean, the difference between three dead and five dead. It's just tragedy upon tragedy. It's not like you can compound the tragedy. But if you're a parent and you are still looking for your kid and that number goes up, that's egregious error.
Speaker 2: That is, I mean, that is.
Speaker 3: I can't describe how angry I would have been if I was the chief of police and somebody interrupted me, yeah, to give the wrong first of all, interrupting me to give to give any information. I am the chief of police. This is what I am doing. If you have something that you want to say, you wait until the end and hand me a note case. She completely interrupted him and said, oh, we just got an update from the band staff. It's five dead and five which was incorrect information.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that happens, but yeah, you're right, you said off the air, what's that meeting like between her and her boss and the police chief or what have you?
Speaker 2: Who and who? In the well?
Speaker 3: She didn't make it up. I mean, she heard it from somebody so she could pass the buck. But that's just that's I mean, I can't imagine what that's going to sound like.
Speaker 2: And how do you who screws that up?
Speaker 1: Multiple people screw that up, somebody who ever told her screwed that up? She screwed up, and cutting off the police chief making him sound like he had the incorrect information.
Speaker 3: Nancy Pelosi had hip surgery. She's eighty four. I don't know how to. I don't know why you can't. You can't, sugarcart. It's not great. Everybody who knows her, at least the comments I've seen, said that she keeps herself in pretty good health, and that's good going into that, but hip replacement at eighty four is not it is not great Speaker by Johnson's gonna have an uphill climb. Some Republicans have been upset with him because he could not get an agreement to add economic aid for farmers to the next stop gap spending bill. So as Congress comes back into session in the beginning of January for the new session of Congress, I should say, they have to vote for another speaker, or they have to vote for speaker again. And he's going to have an uphill climb to make sure that he stays on as Speaker of the House.
Speaker 1: Gavin Newsom lost one of his top aids, probably as top aid as chief of staff. Who's just a killer in Sacramento. Dana Williamson is her name, and she's leaving. We don't know why, but she was his enforcer at the capitol, top liaison connection to those powerful labor unions and business interests across California.
Speaker 2: She going to go work for Kamala Harris. No, that would not be.
Speaker 3: The other big thing that happened over the weekend was this settlement between ABC News and President elect Trump where he was going to sue them for defamation because of that interview that George Stephanopolois did with Nancy Mays back in I think it was March, and he kept referring to Trump having been found liable for rape, and he said it. I think they counted up nine or ten times he said that in the interview that wasn't The topic was how could Nancy Mace support this guy after he was, according to George Stephanopolis, found civilly liable for rape. Now it's an argument that it was weird because Stephanopoulos was saying, well, the judge basically said that people and people commonly understand that word sexual abuse and rape as the same thing. That was his that was going to be his defense. But the state of New York has a very specific definition of those two terms. And the way it was found against Trump is what or was that he was civilly liable for sexual abuse but not rape.
Speaker 2: ABC knew that they blew it.
Speaker 3: George Stephanopolis said, he wasn't going to allow, you know, people to shove him around and put words in his mouth. But he got it wrong. So ABC's have to cut a check for fifteen million dollars. It goes I believe it goes to like the Trump future Presidential Library and then they pay another million bucks for Trump's legal fees as well.
Speaker 2: But not a good look for ABC.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of off gus alf guse alf guse a German sauna ritual that translates to infusion. It is popular in the German speaking world. Practice lasts about fifteen minutes. Usually involves a shaun ameister sauna meister or two directing air onto your body with fans and towels. They infuse the stifling air with various aromas.
Speaker 3: This has become a thing. I first of all, I apparently do not go into group saunas enough. They've never been in one where there's enough room for or alf goose.
Speaker 1: Well, I go to hot yoga and it's pretty tight in there, and you're not wearing a hell of a lot of clothes, and I do like it at the end when they come by, and sometimes they'll like fan you with the towel when you're in chivasna and don't worry about it, and they will spray various aromas or they'll wave them in front of you. There's something with the aroma and this breeze in the really hot place that's very calming and soothing and grounding, but I would want to be naked naked naked the right people are all naked naked.
Speaker 3: The writer for Wall Street Journal has said that he had seen it offered it several ski resorts and hotels around Central Europe. As you can imagine, like you said, it's the German term alf Goose. Even some of the run of the mill places in Zurich, Switzerland, where he lives. That's popped up outside the German speaking world, the UK's first sauna festival, Sauna Verse, and in Japan during the annual World alf Goose Championship. You get fourteen minutes to do your performance whatever it is judged on seven criteria including heat control, waving technique, and dosage of fragrance.
Speaker 1: So as the tradition has evolved, some elements remain the same. You'll always find a wooden bucket of water spiked with aromatic essential oils like orange, peel, pine lemongrass. It gets tossed onto hot stones.
Speaker 3: These you can't enter while it's going out out because you got at the cold air off gus or none of it. But you could leave if for some reason you started to feel dizzy. I mean, it's the warning signs that you see over a sauna. If you start to feel faint or dizzy, you should get out of there pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Above all, you need to be comfortable with full on co ed nudity.
Speaker 2: Bathing suits or ver bodens.
Speaker 1: People have been turned away by the saunamester for attempting to wear.
Speaker 2: A bathing suit surreptitiously.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I would imagine that some people probably would would feel more comfortable in a towel.
Speaker 2: Sure, I think you can wear naked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can wear a towel, but you cannot wear a bathing suit underneath the towel. Why that matters to them, I don't know culture history.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. It's a very important towel.
Speaker 3: Suddenly they said there could be some health benefits of sitting what amounts to a fragrant instapot.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a funny term.
Speaker 3: The oils not only support physical health but also have a positive impact on emotional wellbeing.
Speaker 1: I love it ie system, I love a sauna. I love my hot yoga, but I wouldn't want to do it with other people and naked. I'm trying to remember the last thought that you were naked in a sauna like that. I've been to the one at the gym, yeah, but I haven't been to that gym in years. I used to go when they were all the fifteen years ago. It was all the rage, these sauna places, and you would pay like twenty bucks or whatever for a single session, and I remember going in and just feeling brand new. I think it was like a groupond that I got into at one point. And then we were at the Orange County Fair and they sell like personal saunas for your home, and so my husband got me one for birthday or anniversary or something like that.
Speaker 2: I freaking love it. How many people fit in that one one person, one naked person. Okay, you'd have to be so adamant about it. Well, I'm just saying that's the way to do it. Trying to think that.
Speaker 3: My wife and I went to a resort about a year ago and there was a sauna there, but I hadn't spend very much time in it.
Speaker 2: And part of it was because I wasn't alone.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, it's a group sauna room, and you don't want Bob bro coming in with his genitals.
Speaker 2: Go on, no, no, and listen, you know, what I mean like Bob's Harry. Oh, I don't worried about that hair.
Speaker 3: I want everybody to be at the same level of comfort with nudity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how.
Speaker 3: If it does if there's this, if there's a range there, and how comfortable Bob is letting it all hang out?
Speaker 1: Would you do like you would sit there with your towel draped over you right right?
Speaker 2: Would you do this? Do this with your leg? No? No, I don't know. Am I stretching in the sauna? Some men are spreaders. Are you a spreader? You're not like that? Open legs like this? Or are you like a cross? I don't cross my leg with a towel on. That defeats the purpose.
Speaker 1: Right well, you're just the towels only there to shield your genitals. Right right now, Say Bob come in sans towel and sits down with his hair all over the place.
Speaker 3: And it's one thing if he sits down and just like plulls his eyes and gets in his own little zone and he's off in the corner.
Speaker 2: But if he wants to start talking.
Speaker 3: To me, I appreciate it. I know you're a friendly guy, But you know, Christmas, does that make.
Speaker 2: You a weirdo that you won't engage with naked Harry Bob. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Are people who are that familiar that they know that they could make people uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: What if naked Harry Bob talk to you about baseball or something? Could you look past the genitals and just think about ball baseball.
Speaker 2: For a while? Yeah? I think you could maybe. But if he's starting with aunt right there? How to sit there? What if Sherry comes in and she's naked and boobs hanging out? It wasn't that kind of a sauna, do you mean there?
Speaker 1: It was two different there's a mailing female, so it's just naked Harry Bob.
Speaker 2: What if he starts sweating on you? What if he does one of these things wipe sweat off his.
Speaker 3: Brow and it kind of also that doesn't happen, But I don't know what you think happens in one of those saunas with extra people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I wouldn't stick around. Can you see Bob in your head right now? No, Thankfully the steam is too thick. I don't have to.
Speaker 1: I have a pretty good picture in my mind. Freddy Freeman's historic walkoff grand slam ball from Game one of the World Series is sold for one point five six million dollars at auction. That might be something I would buy if I had f and you money. I'd be pretty.
Speaker 5: Cool a baseball. This baseball, I can get you a baseball for twenty five bucks. Twenty you're in charge of me. Twenty five dollars for a baseball.
Speaker 2: You just said you're willing to pay that much for a baseball.
Speaker 1: Freddy Freeman's walk off Grand Slam baseball.
Speaker 2: It didn't even win the World Series. It just won one game.
Speaker 1: Somebody is still bitter. When do pitchers and catchers report for most teams?
Speaker 3: I think it's the fourteenth, no, no, no, fifteen, sixteen, probably the seventeen.
Speaker 2: Is anything going to get better for the Giants the next season?
Speaker 3: Shortstop William Domas that just got it paid, Okay, Yeah, that'll be good.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Their Korean center fielder may survive the season instead of getting injured fifty games in.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, that's some things to be hopeful about. I think the Giants are great, and I love that you love them.
Speaker 2: Have I ever told you that? Yeah? That's awesome.
Speaker 3: The compliments that you give are always shrouded in a little bit of doubt.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. It's like a chocolate chip cookie with just too much salt in it.
Speaker 1: It's like a chocolate chip cookie, but when you bite into it you realize it's oatmeal raisin.
Speaker 3: Those those are not chocolate chips. Yeah, yeah, that can be. That can be pretty devastating.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not, mister a compliment to down either.
Speaker 3: That I save them so that when they do come out, Uh huh, you mean more.
Speaker 2: That's true. Sometimes when you compliment, you yell it. I complimented you the other day.
Speaker 1: I did compliment me the other way, and I appreciate what did I say? You said that I did a good job at a chargers camp.
Speaker 2: That's not what I said. I said, you do a great job. That was very nice. That's what I say. It makes me uncomfortable. See, that's all.
Speaker 3: The other reason that people don't do it is because it makes people uncomfortable. My wife, My wife told me the story about she was at a store recently and noticed that one of the employees was very helpful, not overly helpful, not the kind where they're trying to sell you something, just the kind where they say, hey, yeah, I'm here if you need me. No, it's from any questions or anything, and I can help you out. I'll just be walking around just fine. Yeah, and said that she saw this employee a couple of times, very very helpful, and when an older customer needed a question about a certain product, instead of saying it's over on Aisle seven, she said, I'll take you over there and show you where it is.
Speaker 2: And my wife in the parking lot sees that woman and pulls out, rolls down the window.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just want to let you know I saw you in the store just now, and I know you're leaving, but that you are a great I would hire you on the spot for any job because you were such a great employee.
Speaker 2: That's a wonderful compliment. Great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we don't do the people are uncomfortable doing that. Yeah, And I think I mean your point is some people are uncomfortable hearing that.
Speaker 1: Some people don't know how to respond, that is, yes. And is it because we're out of practice because we had to stop complimenting each other. When why did we have to stop complimenting? Oh, would be taken the wrong way. I thought you met like we all looked like shlubs. During the COVID pandemic. So nobody said anything nice to me. Wow, you're wearing clean sweatpants today.
Speaker 2: Look at you. Oh you're real keeping it together. Socks don't match. You have stains on your shirt today. Oh we finally changed that sweatshirt. That looks great.
Speaker 1: So many sweatshirts from that time period, it's insane.
Speaker 6: Lord.
Speaker 3: Deborah Bloom is director of the Night Science Journalism Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and says, my Kentucky grandmother used to say that the easiest way to make yourself happy is to make someone else hatchy.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 3: The stress of this world was made easier by stirring some kindness into the pot.
Speaker 2: Uh I okay?
Speaker 3: So but your point about compliments, is it appropriate for a man to give.
Speaker 2: Compliments to somebody? I think so to, I mean specifically to a woman, as long as it's not like nice tease. You know, there's a way to do it in a tasteful way. I like them.
Speaker 5: Earl graysh Medley's what's wrong with us?
Speaker 2: Maybe we should just not Medley.
Speaker 1: But like Deborah, you like compliments, right, like I like?
Speaker 2: I love compliments? Yeah, I do too. If their heart felt.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: I don't like and I don't like when somebody sugar coats meat or sugar coats something either, you know, and rather somebody just be honest.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question because I have I I don't know if I've complimented, but I have commented, and I mean it in a positive way. And Shannon can attest to this. If I say things like hey, hair, it means hey, I noticed that you got your hair done right. And I've said to Deborah before them some shiny pants.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Okay, that's not really a compliment, right, but I mean it means it to be a comped.
Speaker 3: I'm noticing that you're wearing a flashy piece of a tire today.
Speaker 1: Why don't we try and use some words to tell her that her shiny pants are cute?
Speaker 2: Are cute?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would not say cute because to Debra's point, she would smell that out. She would sniff that out and go, that's not a real He doesn't use that word.
Speaker 1: How about like those are fun pants? Or I don't know, those look comfortable? Now that's not right, right, that's a that's a nose comfortable.
Speaker 2: Why don't you tell her?
Speaker 1: Ask her if she's pregnant too, or say or say you look tired. That's my favorite. When someone says you look tired. It's like, uh, okay, so I look like S. Just tell me I look like S.
Speaker 2: But see, no one would say that.
Speaker 1: I've seen women, by the way, that are like eight months pregnant and said nothing because you just can't say anything about any sort of pregnancy.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, what if they do that thing where they're like.
Speaker 3: They're constantly like hands on their belly and they're like they're waiting.
Speaker 2: They're not going to say anything, rubbing their belly, waiting for you to stop doing that. Deborah, I like your pants, Thank Shannon. No, she was saying that to me. I'm trying to help me. I haven't seen your pants today. They're playing.
Speaker 3: They're just playing, let me see if I can get this clean. Deah, I like your pants.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's it's weird. I feel like that sounded weird.
Speaker 3: If I had enthusiasm and I go, hey, I like those pants.
Speaker 2: It's a little creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then and then it seems like you're trying to like get rid of them or something. Hey, go on, I'm so glad I'm not a dude. That would be the worst.
Speaker 2: I think we all are.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I think your pants are great. You know you don't.
Speaker 6: You haven't seen me in person except.
Speaker 2: Over this monetary.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, My pants look like I have never seen bad pants.
Speaker 2: That's what I was just gonna say.
Speaker 1: From your pattern of behavior with the pants you wear, he can come to the hypothesis that today he'll also like your pants.
Speaker 6: Well, what about my hot pink?
Speaker 2: I do love the color. There's a reason I didn't mention that one. Okay wanted me to be honest. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I don't want somebody to tell look, Shanon, you're probably the same. I don't want somebody to tell me I look good if I look here.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I wantagh all the lies lie to me. Oh, I don't lie to me. I don't want the lies. Just give me compliments. I love lies. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app.