Speaker 1: Your summer pocket knife of information. That's the only way to stay in for him.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station, five O five.
Speaker 1: It's five k r C the talk Station. Happy Monday, some.
Speaker 3: Day will.
Speaker 1: A vacation. Yes, indeed, happy Monday. As I just said, Bryan Thomas right here, glad to be and uh sorry, Joe Rucker's not in. Today's taking a day off mental health day or something along those lines. But we're in good hands. Sean McMahon sitting there where Joe normally Sits good to see if Sean always do a great job. And I appreciate you covering for Joseph and getting out of bed really really, really really early to do it. I love hearing from you folks. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three, Taco Town five fifty on AT and T Funds. Got subject matter you want to talk about, feel free to give me a ring and I meantime, what's going on this morning on the fifty five Cascene Morning Show, of course, it's Monday seven to twenty. Every Monday, we hear from former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith. Aman and what we call the smither vent plenty of shootings to talk about. Not sure if that's the direction we're going to go. Stuck on crime of late, we have been with Christopher Smithman, but it's a big problem in downtown Cincinnati, as you full well know, at least I'm sure you know. Money money with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five get the low down from all Worth Financials. Brian James going to do that today again eight oh five for that. And finally tex Fisher State Representative here in the state of Ohio, one of a couple of Republicans sort of going after the Republican efforts in Columbus to pair back issue too, which is the yes vote. Fifty seven percent of a Highlands voted yes to legalize recreation marijuana in the state of Ohio. But since then a lot of folks in the Republican Party have been trying to change the law, which some are in favor of in others are not. And more and more information comes out each and every day about the dangers of marijuana. And maybe it was a ready fire aim thing in so far as embracing medical marijuana. Of course, the push for legalized marijuana. You draw your own conclusions, and nobody's making anyone smoke it. I mean, you aren't being drug into a dispensary and forced to buy something and then being forced home to indulge in it. And I appreciate the practical ramifications of its sort of being normalized. You normalize something, and more and more people are going to try it. So a statistic out of California, they are they twenty percent of adults in California smoke weed, up substantially from the pre legalization days. But it's been legal in California for a long time, and many sociologists and medical experts and others are now stepping up saying, hey, this is a real big problem psychosis and you know other vitro kind of things. It impacts your babies development, and listen, it's worth looking into before we start firing it out. Take a look at it. But in so far as legalut in the state of Ohio, at least, tex Fisher is trying to protect it and not put any further limitations on the use in Ohio, thumbing our nose in the face of the voters. I think that should be a non starter for a lot of people quoted as saying, I have Capital Journal reporting on that. Also, along with State Representative Jamie Calendar, a Republican from Concord, they've joined forces to prevent the Senates proposed changes to issue too. They've been trying to compromise on multiple different bills that are flowing around up there. Senates proposal decreases THC content, reduces the home growing from twelve plants to six plants. There's still a ton of weed, imposes more criminal penalties, and takes away tax money from local municipalities that have dispensaries. The House latest version had none of those provisions. So anyway, texts he'll join the programm at forty to give us his perspective on marijuana in the state of Ohio. So there as your rundown this morning. See what else is going on? Moving away here? I'm puzzled. I know there's this big brew haha. FBI Director Cash Mattel and Pambondi, among others, and deputy FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino all sort of Bongino clashing with Attorney General Pambondi over her conclusion that there's nothing to see there ins far as the Epstein files are concerned. Now we all know time after time after time, many of these people who are now saying the Epstein files don't show anything except downloads from Epstein of a pornographic material that constitutes well, child porn. Therefore, we're not going to see it, nor should any nobody ever want to see it. But is there anything else in there? After years of being told that there's something there, there is there there and all the conspiracy theories floating around that he actually killed himself or didn't kill himself as the case. Maybe we got the videotape release. Now it's got that little glitch at midnight, and that's been explained away by the FBI. But some people don't buy that. They say it's been altered or edited. Every time I read a story about that, I think about, well, these are modern times. No one is going to believe anything they see, especially something that has been so prominent in terms of well an issue. People talk about what did this guy do? Who did he have the goods on? Why did so many noted notables and wealthy millionaires and political elite hang out with this guy? How did he end up getting elevated to this lofty position that he came to apparently started out as a math teacher with no college degree. So and there's conspiracy now if the CIA had something to do with it, or maybe the Israeli Mosad, they were using him to get information all these powerful people, I guess for blackmail purposes. I mean, that's just it goes on and on and on, and while the Trump administration is trying to back away from this, and Donald Trump's getting angry or and angry in his outlawed statements about people continuing continuing to ask questions about the nature of this non disclosure and whether or not something is being hidden. Now, retired Lieutenant General Mike flem Trump's National security advisor or in the first administration, had this to say, at real, Donald Trump, please understand the Epstein affair is not going away. The administration doesn't address this massive number of unanswered questions about Epstein, especially the abuse of children by elites. It is very clear that abuse occurred, then moving forward on so many other monumental challenges our nation is facing becomes much harder. I think that's a fairly accurate assessment of things. And if abuse actually has occurred, and he's very prominent in his conclusion quote, it is very clear that abuse occurred that should be prosecuted. Of course, I have embraced the idea of going after pedophiles. But anyway, over the weekend, what Trump took to social media truth social media, of course, endorsing Bondi, and of course the position that there's nothing to see there. He killed himself and there is no clientless of fundamentally boiled down what her announcement said from a week or so ago, he writes, what's going on with my boys? In some cases gals, they're all going after Attorney General Pam Bondi, who's doing a fantastic job. We're on one team, MAGA, and I don't like what's happening. He also previously for Epstein, the guy who never dies. For years, it's Epstein, over and over again. He lamented that the other day, Trump question why people were giving publicity to file And here's where I'm really puzzled, folks, and kind of looking for your sort of thoughts on this. Trump questioned why people or in his words quote giving publicity to files written by Obama, Crooked Hillary, call me Brennan and the losers and criminals of the Biden administration, further stating, and I'll quote, they created the Epstein files, just like they created the fake Hillary Clinton Christopher Steele dossier that they used on me. And now my so called friends are playing right into their hands. Why didn't these radical left lunatics release the Epstein files? If there was anything in there that could have hurt the mag of movement, why didn't they use it? Well, okay, that's a legitimate question. Maybe they couldn't use it because they're implicated in the Epstein files. But the idea that he is now saying that the Democrats created them, I mean, Epstein's been a law enforcement radar since he was convicted of pedophilia back in two thousand and eight, procuring underage girls for prostitution. And of course we all know about Pedophile Island, we all know about what happened since then. We all know about just Laine Maxwell and what she was doing. She's been convicted. So I don't know that this is some you know, whole cloth Democrat creation like the Steele dossier. But if they created the Epstein files in an effort to somehow harm Donald Trump, why didn't they release the Epstein files? It seems like he's trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth on this one. They created them for the purpose of dividing us, and here we are, you know, taking the bait and stirring the pod of conspiracy theories you're making all you, my conservative maggot loving friends, are all making arguments that this stuff should be further released. And there's more there than meets the eye. You're playing right into the Democrats hands. I don't understand how you reconcile that, because I think it's pretty easy to conclude if there was something that was really devastating to Donald Trump in the eb Stein files and whatever is among those documents. Biden was just recently president, he was in charge of him, He had the files on his decks metaphorically, was his Justice Department in his FBI that had the information now in the hands of Pam Bondy. Don't you think it would have been leaked? Yeah, And you know the conclusion by Bondi is it was just downloaded porn. There is no client list, and the video evidence confirms that Epstein killed himself because nobody else was around. There's no mention in there of these being whole cloth creations by the Democrats or anybody else. Bondi did not conclude that the files were made up. There was nothing in her announcement that said anything of the of the sort. But that's what Trump is now saying, and I just don't understand it. Let Pam Bondi do her job. He wrote, She's great. Twenty twenty election was rigged and stolen, and they tried to do the same thing in twenty twenty four. That's what she's looking into, is ag and much more. And of course a suggestion that you know, don't focus on Epstein document's focus on the other more important things like the stolen twenty twenty election. So I think that Bondi can handle more than one issue on her plate. I think she's got enough minions working for her that she can handle more than one matter. We all know that, that, of course is the case. They got a lot on their plate in that role. But anyway, this is all on the heels of so many statements by the same folks that there was something there. Cash Bettel back in twenty twenty three talking to Benny Johnson, of course, before he came FBI director in a Trump second administration, the Republicans at the time could easily obtain the alleged client list with a subpoena, adding in another interview that same year that Trump should quote roll out the black book close quote containing Epstein's alleged client list on day one. Then during his Senate confirmation hearing, he said he would assist lawmakers in investigating Epstein's alleged web of the world's elite involved in sex crimes. Quote. Child sex trafficking has no place in the United States, he said, and I will do everything, if confirmed as FBI director, to make sure the American public knows the full weight of what happened in the past and how we're going to counterman missing children and exploited children going forward. Then, over the weekend, in what appears to be a radical change of heart, posted on x that the conspiracy theories weren't and have never been true. To note that was not clear whether he was referred to Epstein the records as Donald Trump suggested that these were not true, that these are all whole cloth made up by the Democrats, or to the reports that he intended to step down if Bongino did. Because there is that rumors swirling around there as well, So we're left to kind of guess on what Pattel meant over the weekend. But it seems to me he's stepping in the same direction as Donald Trump. There's nothing to see here, Ignore it, go away. You're playing into their hands, and quite honestly, I don't see how that is actually the case. Five eighteen Right now, fifty five KRCIT Talk Station, feel free to chime in five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk found five fifty on AT and T Funds. I'll be right back after these brief words. Five twenty one if the five kr CD talk station, Happy Monday, Smither Event, Monday Money Monday with Brian James and let us see here. Libel and slander per se? Can you say something about someone, and especially when it comes to public figure's got a pretty wide leeway out of the New York Time standard. Public figures have access to rebut some pretty damaging statements, But it isn't a complete blanket of immunity to those who make the bad statement. Slander per se involves a false statement pertaining to multiple categories. It's four specific categories, but statements that allege a crime has been committed. You can't go running around telling people that someone else has committed a crime unless it's true. But it's considered bible or slander, depending on whether it's written or stated per se. You are presumed to have damaged that person's integrity and reputation unless you, as the person making the statement, can prove that you are right that the statement you made was true. So pivoting over to a real life an illustration of this New York Representative Alexandrio Casio Cortez AOC being accused of defaming Trump. She called him a rapist. Wow quote this is a quote quote Wow. Who would have thought that electing a rapist would have complicated the release of the Epstein files? This in an ex post on Friday. Well, the problem for AOC is Trump was not found guilty of rape. Was a civil trial filed against Trump by writer E. Gen Carroll. The jury found Trump libel for sexual assault, but not rape. Rape of course the crime, and Trump has never been found guilty of rape. So many are calling for the President to sue AOC and in some of the wards at least one. Phil Holloway legal analysts into bankruptcy. The president should sue AOC into bankruptcy. I realize she's trying to raise her profile, but this is way way too far, h Bill Mitchell, your always host. We will have grounds for a huge defamation suit here, you idiot, because Donald Trump has never been indicted for rape, much less convicted one other account post. You realize your ex account doesn't carry the same protections to the fame people that you enjoyed during a congressional proceeding and current congressional proceedings, So she may have a problem on her hands. From the standpoint, I know there's been a lot of litigation over news outlets, misreporting and outright line. Donald Trump's been kind of successful of late in his actions against those folks who would malign the president otherwise twist data and information to benefit the left. We know what the median narrative is, but when you're in per se categories, there's not a whole lot left you need to prove. Was Donald Trump ever indicted or convicted of rape? That is an absolute no. She does not have the so called truth to raise in defense of a suit. This looks like a pretty much of a laydown, So keep your popcorn out on that one. For those who are not fans of AOC, and count me among those folks. I think this could be rather interesting there, he goes, don no doubt about it. Five one three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three doc on five fifty on eighteen T phone another phone number you need to call for a free quote. You can either go to the website or call it the phone number. It's Rhino Shield five twenty nine. I'll try to make it happy Monday. Five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk to local stories. But I see Tom is on the line. Tom good to hear from me this morning. Welcome to the work week.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning. Maybe AOC is not sure how to handle it. Maybe Mike the line could put together a work trip to figure it out for.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like he used for the property taxes. Geez.
Speaker 4: I got to over the weekend. I got to jump on your iHeart podcasting and listen to some of your some of your stuff from last week. I only get I only get like a half hour, like right now on my way to work, and then if I want to listen anymore, I got to get on that podcast. So that works out great. And I listened to you and your your guests you had on the Friday, uh talking about that he's a big the wine fan, isn't he?
Speaker 3: A Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love it. I'm sure this is old news out but I still love the still makes me chuckle when he calls it the back in COVID it was the two o'clock wine with the wine that was pretty funny. Yeah, good stuff, but yeah, I mean, I thank god that the wines winding down. He's gonna be gone here pretty soon because that that dude is it. I mean, there's there shouldn't be a R anywhere near his name. And then and and that's that same something because there's a lot of Republicans that are you know, we could call rhinos, but that guy takes the cake.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't understand at all. How how uh? I mean, I guess we didn't have a better The only other choice was a Democrat, so we kind of had to go with him. But thankfully we're moving past this stage of of things in Ohio and we and you know, we're looking forward to the zek and then hopefully that works out as well as it seems to. But you know, this whole property tax thing and and the other thing with the library thing, I seemed like a no brain or slammed. Du't didn't it? Why why would you veto that? I hope these senators and representatives get back in there after the summer breaking and fix all this garbage, because that dude is just He's made about a bunch of a mess as a Democrat would make. So but here regardless, don't vote Democrat. Have a great Dame Brian.
Speaker 1: Thanks to appreciate it. Yeah, sometimes I want to. It's almost as if you want to carl into Mike Dwine's head just just sort of figure out what the hell he's thinking. Yeah, I mean he's own attorney general told to VT the six hundred million dollars going to the Cleveland Browns. No, he didn't do that, but he vetoed did the three position of the three provisions that might have provided you and I some measure of property tax relief, which had been understudy for more than a year. They had studied this behind the scenes. Our elected officials looked into this, ge, how can we help out with the property tax situation? After giving it much thought and going over the pluses and minuses. That's how those three provisions ended up in the budget and only to have to Wine nix them. So they're gonna t those three up and try to vote to override his veto. Meanwhile, as Tom alluded to Governor to Wine now claims to be trying to take a stab at fixing the property problems in the state following the veto of those efforts to reform property taxes. He said, these vetos that does not lessen our obligation and does not lessen our obligation to deal with this problem. Governor now appointing two former legislators, Bill Sitz and Pat Tiberry to lead a new quote property tax Reform Work Group close quote described as a group to will deliver concrete proposals for meaningful tax relieved by the end of September, like the three that were in the budget bill. You know, something like that that had already been vetted. Apparently, the second group set up by state leaders to tackle this issue, Legislative Committee, already produced an eight hundred and sixty five page report last year with twenty one recommendations. Sadly, none of it made it through the legislature. So Dwine's on the case now, though seventeen year old girl taken to the hospital after a shooting or Curtain Clifton happened early yesterday morning. Courting to Lieutenant Jonathan Cunningham of the Sin Saint Police, he said that a gathering took place four am police notified as shots being fired at Bellevue Park and Ohio Avenue. Victim taking to Christ's Hospital taken the UC Medical Center after that with non life threatening injuries. Police have not stated if they have suspect got a juvenile dead after a shooting yesterday happened at eleven thirty pm on SD Avenue in Winton Hills. Cord to authorities, the juvenile died at the hospital. Remains unclear police have a suspect since I Police investigating two separate shootings in the city overnight. Noticing a trend here, officers responded around midnight to report of at least one person shot in the seven hundred block at Dutch Colony Drive in Winning Hills, one person taking the UC Medical Center. Earlier in the days, they responded another shooting west End at Lynn and Clark Streets happened about ten pm on Sunday, no suspect information release, no rest announced, and we have two people dead. This after an officer involved shooting in Middletown. Dan Hills Frontline Advisors Dan Hills, former FOP President Dan Hill speaking with Molly sham Over at WCPO. Hill Set officers respond and Sunday afternoon to a home of the three thousand block of Mohawk Street after they received reports of a woman who had been shot inside the home. Officers arrived, unidentified suspect fired a weapon at them. Officers attempted to negotiate with a suspect. Suspect continued to threaten the officers with his firearm, so the officers fired their weapons as well, hitting the suspect. Thus suspect now dead from his injuries. The woman who was shot inside the home pronounced dead as well. Middletown Division of Police social media posts said the victim and suspect where husband and wife. Hill said no officers were injured in the shooting. Thankfully, ring camera to a nearby home captured the sound of six gun shots and the video. Multiple neighbors are gathered near Middletown first responder vehicles. There's your shooting update for the weekend five thirty five fifty five krc DE talk station stack O stupid coming up. I prefer talking to you. If you've got something to say, feel free to call. But one thing you need to do is get over to EMORYFCU dot org. That's them Happy Monday, got stupid.
Speaker 6: Starting.
Speaker 1: West Virginia. Couple there arrested after police pulled over there underscore stolen RV and found both the duo and the driver's seat totally nude having drunken sex. According to authorities, they pulled over Shannon Bryant thirty five and Matthew McDonald forty eight while they were driving through Bluefield, West Virginia. Happened last Wednesday. Cops pulled over the vehicle. They noticed that Brian was in the driver's seat, straddling McDonald. As the RV drove down the road. Police approached the driver's side window. McConnell was sitting innocently in the passenger seat as if nothing had occurred, but Brian, who appeared to be highly intoxicated words from the report, while sitting in the driver's seat, had apparently no shame, candidly telling the cops quote we were ffording close quote that according to office or R L Ham, Duo quickly ordered out of the vehicle Brian could delve. Before Brian could delve further into the details of their escapade, McDonald McDonald reportly confessed after the two were read their rights and said that they were naked and attempting to engage in sexual activity while driving. After when the police pulled them over, the pair scrambled into opposite seats. While the officers approached the RV and police searched the RV, they found drug paraphernalia inside, including a bag of white powder. Also recovered pain killers of broken glass pipe that Brian admitted McDonald had tossed out the window during the stop. Thank you Sean. A vehicle check using the V number and registration also revealed the RV turned love Shack had been stolen from Princeton, a city ten miles away. Naked do a charge with indecent exposure, drug possession, duy on possession of a stolen vehicle. According to the records obtained by the Smoking Gun reporting on this the couple pleaded not guilty, even though they admitted to doing all this stuff. McDonald has a prior criminal record, shocking and a warrenant out for his arrest in Taswell County, Virginia. According to court records, he's now being held an eight thousand dollars bond. Do you think they should have just pulled over Sean? That made it a lot easier, probably, and they probably would have gotten away with it. Loyal Stock, Township, Pennsylvania. Women call policemen shopping or front door, coming face to face with a man holding a knife. Police found thirty five year old I'll i'll hallil yes and Zimmerman of Williamsport holding the knife in front of the home of the nineteen hundred block of Lincoln Drive, Cone to Trooper Anthony Burns. After several commands from Trooper Burns and his partner, Zimmerman dropped the green and black folding knife. Zimmerman ordered to face away and get on his knees by the troopers. According to the complaint, he ignored the commands walked toward Trooper Edward Jensel, who deployed his taser, knocking Zimmerman to the ground and giving police a chance to handcuff him. Call a claim she thought it was a delivery driver at the door when she first opened the interior entrance, Zimmerman standing out in front of with a knife. She called nine to one moment because she was fearful for her safety. Police spoke with Zimmerman, who was sitting handcuffed on the ground. He smelled of alcohol, slurred his speech, and could not spell his own name. According to Trooper Burns, he called out for an unknown person even after Trips asked him to stop when the commotion ended. Police charge him with this orderly conduct, fighting and noise, pumplic drunkenness and loitering and prowing at night. No bail issued. Schedule. Appeared before judge on August eleventh for his preliminary hearing. I guess he'll keep him in the lock up until then. By forty five fifty five KR see the talk station. Let me mentioned five fifty to fifty five KRC the talk station at five cars dot com. You'll forget get your iHeart media by heard the you can listen to content or ever happen to be like Tom does in the morning and my wife among others. Lots of folks and real time news about listeners, and I truly appreciate folks streaming the audio. Great numbers. Thanks to my listening audience. I truly appreciate it. Jack Windsor overwriting to Wine Vitos, Tom mentioned that when that podcast right there, fifty five krs dot com, Congressman David Taylor, and bring mcgal but a European energy policy all there on the podcast page. Plenty of opportunities to listen when you can't listen live back over to the stack of stupid. Thirty one year old Elmira Man arrested first week of July on suspicion of recording people in the nude without their knowledge. This during a setup of the Oregon County Fair in Vanata. Elijah David Russo, facing charge of first degree invasion of privacy, booked into Lane County Jail, released on the ninth of July, including conditions of release that he not returned to the fair grounds. Russou arrested during the fairs setup weekend, regard as a more relaxed environment for vendors, staff and volunteers who camp and work at the site before it officially opens up. They claimed that Russo was not an actual volunteer, but posed as one, wearing an Oregon County Fair shirt and helping out with the fair's flower crew. Allegations say he recorded more than thirty minutes of video at the ritz, which is described as the Fairs Communal shower area. Ruso accused of hiding a cell phone camera in a toiletre's caddie to record around twenty people, including a young girl who would prepared to be younger than ten years old, through the spaces in the basket. Court degumans say he admitted to filming people after being confronted by a fair worker who thought his behavior was odd and noticed that he had showered multiple times and was carrying the toilet tree caddy in what looked like a strategic position. Yeah search one'ff David said. Russo described the filming as a lapse of judgment, attributing his actions to curiosity, while admitting quote there could have been an element of arousal clothes quote gee you think. Also told police he was ware there were juveniles of the showers when he filmed, but it wasn't his intention to film him film them, even though apparently he did. Idiot Yeah. Public vender assigned to represent Rousseau, didn't return calls from the news outlets he can comment. Charge against Russo Class C felony in Oregon, which carries a maximum prison sentence of five years and a fine up to one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. One of volunteers there quoted as saying, I'll still go to the ritz and take a shower. If someone wants to see my fat butt. Good luck. That's a practical way of looking at it. Let us see here, helpless onlooker, powerless to stop a tourist from recklessly taking their toddler within feet of a bison at Yellowstone National Park, as bison can be very dangerous apparently. The independent report of the experience of Jennifer Gunderson, retired professional photographer who witnessed this event and posted a video of it on her Instagram, of course, shows a woman and a toddler wandering within close range of the massive grazing bison. The adult isn't holding the toddler's hand as it gets dangerously close to the animal. Another adult in child combo comes closer as well as the video continues. According to Gunderson, to film that everyone including us, told them to get back before we started recording, described as correct advice. Yellowstone National Park rules suggests visitors day at least twenty five yards away from the animals, including bison oversolved. Tourists apparently paid the price for breaking the guidelines, even if the bisons quite often appear to be docile. We have watched and followed the tourists of Yellowstone Instagram account and shaking our heads at some of the things posted. Gunderson said, never in our wildest dreams will we witness it in person. Animals that are provoked by visitors and attacked in response could be euthanized, even if the interaction wasn't of their choosing. So you're putting the animals life in jeopardy as well as your own toddler's life. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. That Boill sums up that one up quite nicely. Let me talk about the six o'clock hour. Feel free to give me a call. I guess we're sending Patriot missiles to Ukraine. Will that do anything to stop six hundred and twenty swarmed drones coming at one time? How much of those Patriot missile systems cost per missile? Let's contemplate that one anyway. A hold on more coming up. I appreciate your calls, feel free to give me a ring beyond that, I will be back after the news. Hey, six oh five fifty five care see talk station by Thomas right here, wishing everyone a very appy Monday. Try to make it so anyway. Sean McMann covering for the vacationing Justice Trector today. You can reach Sean get through to the program by calling five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk or go with Town five fifty on AT and G phones and a quick reminder fifty five care Sea dot com podcast when you can't listen live and get your I Heart media software so you can listen to the content wherever you happen to beat with your smart device. Let's see here coming up Smith Event seven to twenty. Every Monday, we hear from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati today, consistent with the norm again as always, don't know what he wants to talk about today, but of course a lot of crime to report over the weekends. Sad, sad state of affairs going on in the City of Cincinnati. Sure if that's where he wants to go, but it's his prerogative. It is his segment Money Monday with Brian James thanks to our financial loan and amount. Every monda at eight oh five don't know about the topics today. Didn't get those again with Joe Strekker on vacation, little wrinkle, but I'm sure we'll manage with Brian James as we always do it. Eight oh five. Then we're going to be hearing from Tech's Fisher. He's a state representative here in Ohio trying to stop the Republicans from well cutting into the legality of marijuana in the state of Ohio to boil the subject matter down. Of course, we all voted to legalize it fairly significant, overwhelming. He's like fifty seven percent of folks who voted said yes, legalize it, and then began the discussion about how we could pair how the legality of marijuana could be paired back. Of course, because it didn't amend the constitution, the elected officials in Ohio are allowed to amend it and pass legislation pairing back your availability, like, for example, the number of plants that could be grown. Senate proposal wants to pair that back from twelve the sixth per household just one of the many changes that tex Fissure is fighting. So he said, listen, Ohioans. One of this Ohioans deserve it, and we should not be messing around with it again. That's what's boiled down. Tex Fisial joined the program and put some flesh on the bones of my boiled down analysis there at eight forty. So let's see the background. Okay, you heard last week we're going to start sending Patriot missile systems to Ukraine. Over the weekend, Russia fired more than six hundred and twenty drones and long range missiles into Ukraine, killing apparently at least six people. Ukrainian President Zelenski the Russians continue to use their specific tactics of terror against our country, striking concentrated blows in one city or another, at one region or another. Twenty six cruise missiles, five hundred and ninety seven attack drones were launched, of which more than half or the shah heads type of a missile or drones the case, maybe those are the Iranian made drones that Russia is buying thousands and thousands of Ukrainian Air Force said that it had downed three hundred and nineteen of the drones and twenty five of the missiles. One missile and about twenty drones had hit five locations, so they did sneak through. And of course Zelunsky's screaming about getting more air defense systems. He wants more from the United States. He wants them from anybody that's going to give it to him, NATO, European Union countries. Donald Trump said he's going to do that. He's going to be a major announcement today. But yesterday he said the United States will be sending Patriot air defense systems to Ukraine. That although it wasn't described how, but he claimed the European Union was going to be paying for them.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: Ignoring who's paying for them, do you think it will work? And that's why I started out with the Predigate six hundred and twenty drones over one operation. It was Saturday night. I think it was announced over the weekend that this had happened. Now and there have been multiple articles. Most notably over the weekend there was a Wall Street Journal headline, never ending supply of drones has frozen the front lines in Ukraine. They talk about these various types of drones and how inexpensive They are two thousand dollars. Previously described over in Ukraine as a wedding drone. I guess people would buy them in order to get aerial shots of weddings. They have been repurposed to scan for enemy units and of course modified to allow the dropping of bombs like grenades. So for two thousand dollars you can well launch a drone. They say they're inexpensively inexpensively manufactured. Quite often they're made out of just wood. Then they have suicide drones as well, the first person view fpv E drones. You know, Ukraine's got four point five million of those produced. Now they don't have statistics for the Russian side of the equation, but you know, given that they regularly launch hundreds and hundreds of drones simultaneously and then also fire the missiles at the same time, obviously designed to distract, what do you got on the ground that can shoot them down. Russia has developed a special kind of drone that is a sort of a fly by wire. It's got a tether attached to it that allows them to circumvent the jamming devices that the Ukraines are using to sort of jam the communications with the drones. So if you've got direct connection to the drone itself with a fiber optic wire, you aren't worried about your communication being jammed. So the Russians are using those as well, but sending patriots over hm. Donald Trump said, it'll be business for US. I expose that means the military industrial complex business. It will be, of course business for American patriot manufacturers, he said, And we will send them patriots, which they desperately need. Because Putin really supplied prizes a lot of people. He talks nice and then he bombs everybody in the evening. There's a little bit of a problem there, and I don't like it. So didn't say how many Patriot air defense system he's going to be sending. Expected to meet with North Atlantic Treaty Organization Secretary General Mark Ruddy. Ruddy at the White House today to talk about that. Apparently Ukraine only has a handful of Patriot systems that we donated to them some other countries as well, and seeking more of them to fend off the escalating Russian attacks. Fine, do you know much a patriot missile system costs? The individual missile about four million dollars a pop. A full battery of Patriot. The whole missile system, including the missile launcher, radar, and other essential components, reportedly cost one point one billion dollars. Now, how many Patriot missiles must be used to fend off from a swarm attack of more than six hundred drones at the same time, How many four million dollar Patriot missiles do you have to launch into the air? Can you sustain the number of missiles that will be needed on regular attacks like these drone swarms that they're sending over there? And again, you got to remember the drone swarms are basically to deter and distract while the missiles hopefully make it through, at least hopefully from the mind of the Russians, And it's been regularly observed that's a real problem. Drones Russia is firing such huge numbers at Ukraine are slower and less powerful than conventional missiles, admittedly, but it's the sheer number of them saturating the skies and overwhelming the Ukrainian defense systems, which requires you Ukraine to use expensive interceptors to target these less expensive shah Heat or Juran drones, which depletes the defensive arsenal. Again, going back to the Patriot missile batteries at four million dollars a pop. One military expert reportedly it's in Fox News. Fabian Hoffmann, military technology expert at University of Oslo, speaking with Fox, He says Ukraine can adopt a strategy of hitting drone launch sites, target Rush's defense industries factories that produce the component parts for the parts for the drones and explosives, computer chips and other advanced electronics. But trying to deal his quote, trying to deal with the drone attacks just using missile defenses is a losing gain. Europeans are heavily bolstering air missile defense capabilities, but it is not enough, he said. Russia is expanding its offensive capabilities faster, and offensive weapons are cheaper to produce than defensive Yeah, the nature of battle has certainly changed, has it not. But I'm not sure that Patriot missiles are the answer to this problem. I know Trump is trying to get Russia to the table to renounce some sort of ceasefire or negotiate some measure of peace between the two countries. Russia, as he indicated, doesn't seem really willing to want to do anything serious about that they talk a good game during the day and then overnight launch swarms of drones at Ukraine, various cities and most notably non military targets being hit regularly as well. Charlie Foxtrot, folks, It's all I can conclude. Let's see what Bobby's got on the subject this morning, Bobby, thanks for calling it a Happy Monday to you, my friend.
Speaker 6: Happy Monday, Mike, praying, keep pulling that torture freedom high.
Speaker 1: I'm bright trying to figure it out, Bobby, trying to figure it out.
Speaker 6: Hey, with all the violence that we're having locally here in the Cincinnati the area, do you think they could kind of get that skateboard park in Washington Park going on a little bit, Master, It's only a million and a half dollars are.
Speaker 1: Going to pend, you know, and that'll stop it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'm just wondering how many people from outside the Washington Park area will be going to skate park.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to venture very few, slim to none. How about that.
Speaker 6: I handed it. I handed capped to ten people in six months, so that's not too bad.
Speaker 1: Let's see if your numbers bear that out, Bobby.
Speaker 4: I have a good day.
Speaker 1: But I do say, my friend six fifteen fifty five KR seedy talk station, you can feel free to call as well a six twenty year if the five PRCZ talk station five going three seven eight hundred eight two three talko ton fact fifty on eight and find a wonderful weekend. Ah, not going well for Democrats. Get another pole out And yes, I understand, we all know how we appreciate poles. But this is a Democrat super pack run poll. It's called by It was done by Unite the Country, conducted between May and June, so Democratic super pack. So you would figure there's to be Democrat leaning and that the outcomes and the answers would be skewed to favor the Democrats. But there's no hiding what the Democrats find themselves facing this pole. Boiled down show voters precede the Democratic Party as quote out of touch, close quote woke and weak. Party apparently seen its support a road with white men, Hispanic men, and working class voters. Oh the former, you know, sweet spot for the Democratic Party. Approval ratings below thirty five percent among white men and Hispanic men and working class voters generally, and enthusiasm apparently down since the big loss last year. In November, Democratic strategist Rodell MULLINEU, it's the senior advisor with this Democrat superPAC quote. This is the reality of the perception of us as a party, and until we accept that, it's going to be hard to move forward. There's a perception out there outside of Democratic elites, and it's taken hold in not just the MAGA crowd, but people that should be with us, i e. Democrats, He said, Democrats need to realize that in order to improve and get better to not only win in twenty twenty eight, but to win in twenty thirty and twenty thirty two and beyond, Democrats need to realize that in order to improve and get better to not only win in twenty eight. I don't even know what that means. What, okay, what is specifically improvement? How are you going to make things better for the Democrats? Doesn't mean issues and arguments and pleas to the American people that resonate This on the heels of a recent ap North Pole out in May showing only thirty five percent of survey Democrats are optimistic about the party's future. Fifty seven percent were optimistic in July of last year, so they've had a precipitous drop. Apparently donors and bundlers are not writing checks for the Democrats unite the country again. This super packed Democrat poll conducted with voters in twenty one battleground counties across ten states, revealing that Democrats have not escaped the shadow of their loss in twenty twenty four. Voters perceptions of the party remained the same. Democrats have had opportunities that's written here to hit back a Trump administration, including on tariffs, immigration deportations, and recently the Trump's Big Beautiful Bill. But pause and think about those as topics, most notably immigration deportations, polling very successfully for the Republicans side of the ledger, not so for the Democrats. Democrats are struggling with the reality of what they had under the Biden administration was one big, beautiful open border with millions of folks coming into our country, overwhelming resources and cities, and creating all the problems that have been created, including crime. That's not a winner on them. How could they turn that into a winning argument they're trying. You got all these left winging radicals going after ice agents who are merely trying to do their job and enforce America's immigration laws, laws that are on the books. And when you poll the American people, the American people are behind the efforts of ICE, So they're not with the protesters who are well engaging in violent and dangerous conduct against our ICE agents. Steve Shale, democratic strategists and CEO of the super Pack Unite the Country, I was frustrated during the one big Beautiful bill stuff we missed an opportunity to really define a different kind of vision. Really, why don't you out loud to find that what specifically should you have said during the discussion of the Big Beautiful Bill that would turn the Democrat Party in people's perception of it around. See, they're just they make these statements in an absolute factual vacuum. They don't have anything to run on. What they want to run on and have been emphasizing is not popular with the American people. That's that whole summary boil down position that they're out of touch, woke and weak woke doesn't work. It doesn't. Super PAC's poll revealed the Democrats prime emphasis fighting for democracy. While as popular as a phrase catchphrase within the Democratic Party, does it resonate with the general electorate. Nor does soft on immigration policy. It turns voters away, So no one's buying into you. Donald Trump is a threat to democracy. Claim you're on the wrong side of immigration, You're on the wrong side of women playing or men playing in women's sports. You're on the wrong side of the woke ideology. You're on the wrong side of literally almost every single popular policy position, at least among the Democrat elites in the party. So here's just one absolutely far left leaning poll confirming all that, yet coming up with absolutely nothing by way of solutions or suggestions for the Democrats. So enjoy it. I guess. I mean, I'm not trying to come up with strategies for the Democrats. But I mean, if what you're doing is literally failing before your very eyes, don't you think you may well take a play our page out of the other side's playbooks since the other side seems to be accomplishing its objectives the other side's presidential candidate. Excuse me, Donald Trump actually campaigned on what he's delivering, including the big Beautiful bill, and we voted for him to hopefully accomplish his campaign pledges. I guess the Democrats called that one wrong six twenty seven fifty five k seed fun on a Monday, that'd be Monday to five on three seven, nine to fifty five, two to three Talk down five fifty on AT and T phones and Brian James on the ball just sent in us a topic list for his points coming up from Money Monday at eighth five, including Fed's facing an epic conundrum in the second half, corne to economists, some of the tax breaks in the big beautiful bill smaller than you think, and uh see year inflation. Finally to suppose supposed to show a tariff related increase. The Fed still might cut interest rates anyway, which would come as probably good news to most folks out there, especially those looking them buy a home cutting into interest rates. Over local stories, Sin Saint Polase, investigating two separate shootings happened over responded about midnight to reports of at least one person shot in the seven hundred block of Dutch Colony Drive in Winton Hills, one person taking to UC Medical Center, since I please are investigating a shooting at Clark and Lynn Streets in the West End as well. Earlier officials had to respond there abound ten PM on Sunday. No suspect information release, no arrest information reported as of yet see here. We have a seventeen year old girl taken to the hospital after a shooting occurred in Clifton. Happened yesterday morning, according to Lieutenant Jonathan Cunningham, speaking of Fox nineteen, he reported that a gathering took place around four am. Police were notified at shots being fired in Bellevue Park on Ohio Avenue. Victim to take into christ Hospital, then taken to UC Medical Center, apparently with non life threatening injuries. Police have not stated if they have a suspect. Officers are still investigating that one two people following an officer involved shooting in Middletown, according to Daniel Hills of Frontline Advisors, formerly the FOP President. Dan Hills. Hill said officers responded Sunday afternoon to the home in three thousand block of Mohawk Street after receiving a report of a woman who had been shot inside the home. When officers got there, an unidentified suspect fired a weapon at the police. Officers attempted to negotiate with this guy. Suspect continued to threaten officers with his firearm, so police opened fire and hit the suspect and then he died. The woman who was shot inside the home pronounced dead as well. According to social media post by the Middletown Division of Police, the victim and the suspect were husband and wife. Hill said no officers were injured and the shooting wonderful news. That it's all captured on a ring camera from a nearby home which caught the sound of six gun shots and it's in the video. It shows multiple neighbors gathered near Middletown first responder vehicles. Said three people her dad, including one suspect, and a Kentucky State Police officers. Two men injured after a series of shootings happened the other day, July thirteenth, near an airport and a church in Lexington. Suspect a man susseected of shooting the state trooper on Terminal Drive just after eleven thirty in the morning, located by law enforcement officers at Richmond Road Baptist Church, Lexington Police shot and killed the suspect. Lexington Police Chief Lawrence Weathers during a press conference. Three officers fired their weapons at the suspect. They expected to identify the suspect once the family is notified. At least as of the reporting this morning from the Louisville Courier Journal, not yet released. Trooper received treatment for their injuries, believed to be in stable condition. Shooting on terminal driver ocurred after state troopers stopped the vehicle in connection to a license plate reader alert. Suspect left the scene after the trooper was shot. Short time later, the suspect carjacked of the The equal officers were able to attract it to the fifty eight hundred block of Old Richmond Road, where the suspect fired his weapon at individuals on church property. Two women pronounced debt at the scene. Two men hospitalized, according to Officer Weather's one man in critical condition, the other instable condition. Explimentary information in case the suspect may have had a connection to the individuals at the church, according to Weathers Jeez Louise six thirty six. If you have KRS detox station, I don't think I got through all the shootings this morning. Uh, feel free to give me a call. And another call you want to make is this The Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning keep area keeping Airy homes safe, efficient and comfortable for although almost eighty years. It's a third generation, family owned and operated company. They do wonderful work. Customer service is great, the price is great. Service whatever unit you've got, no problem there. And if it's time to replace it, get a new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling and save significant amount of money. It's fifteen hundred and fifty dollars in saving, so take them up while the offer lasts. I hate to have to say, I hate to have to face the fact that you got to replace the system. Welcome to the joys of home ownership. But why not save a heapload of money and get Zimmer working for You'll be very happy about both of those things. Can you get in touch with Chris Zimmer and the team. It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five to two one ninety eight ninety three Online you can schedule appointment up a right hand corner of the website, but also learn more about what they can do for your home. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station injured in.
Speaker 1: An FFKRSE the e talk station. Happy Monday. Christopher Smiman coming up at seven twenty for the Smither bent, you can feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred two three talk charrit'st here the direction of the conversation. That's great with me. And coming off the heels of that poll that I mentioned, the Democratic super Pac poll again a Democrat leaning pole overseen by Democrats unite the country, showing that the Democrat Party is woke week and out of touch. So say it the Democrats that were polled. What do you do when you woke weekend out of touch? You go and attack people while they're enjoying themselves in their private lives. And this is part of a growing trend that I find very troubling, and I would not personally participate in going after my Democrat foes when they're gathering in private, when they were at their enjoying the comfort and solace of their own homes. I think it's offensive to go after them and they're off time. Personally, I wouldn't want it to happen to me, and I can't see that it will be a good thing happening to them, because then you know, get the argument to turn about's fair play. But if you have nothing to run on, you're on the wrong side of all the issues. I guess that's what you do, and you egg people on to do it. Enter Gavin Newsome, governor of the state of California, targeting Vice President J. D. Vance and his wife and children while they were visiting Disneyland. He shared a video a van and his family at Disneyland, saying, hope you enjoy your family time at JD. Vans. The families you're tearing apart certainly won't. Of course, there were protesters outside Disneyland protesting Vance and his family over Friday and Saturday because it had been widely reported the JD. Evans was enjoying some family time at Disneyland. So what do you do? You go after him? Do you feel sorry for the children on this? I appreciate the fact that a politician may invite this upon themselves because they run for politics and there are always somebody on the other side of the of the of the political ledger that doesn't like what they're doing. But again, this was a private visit. It had nothing to do with politics. He's taking his kids to Disneyland to enjoy a fun day at the park. So, in addition to Gavin knew some egging people on to attack. Basically fund I boil this down to attack a politician in the private time. Local Democrats also encouraging protests to tark Advance and his family over the weekend. Orange County Supervisor Vincente's armenia mento, I am offended by the visit because so many families are being terrorized by the politics or policies from the federal government. He's aferring, of course, to illegal immigrants, most notably criminal illegal immigrants who are being targeted by ICE for deportation from our country, again a policy widely popular in the American among the American people. So, you know, I don't know what you think about this, but we've had Supreme Court justices been attacked in their homes. We've had lives threatened on a daily basis. It's easy to do in a world full of social media. Of course, you can almost fully get away with it because of the you know, difficulties in identifying who any individual is making these outlandish and absurd threats against politicians and other elected officials and appointed officials. So I'm not sure necessarily how to deal with it, but I do not think it is an appropriate prudent thing for folks as high as Governor Gavin Knew some stature to encourage people to engage in this type of activity. This is an act of desperation, is what I view it as. So you're going to frighten, and I think this is the intended point. Like for example, if you threaten judges because of some ruling that you anticipate them making. Your hope is I suppose in threatening them, is you better come up with a different conclusion in that decision, or something is going to happen to you. You better change your policies relative to going after criminal illegal aliens in our country, or something is going to happen to you. We are going to protest to you. We are coming after your family, We are coming after you on vacation, which means you're not safe anywhere. And the message is coming through loud and clear. There's no question about it. Just wish the remorse responsible folks. Got I supposed of all political stripes not advocating for this type of behavior. No good can come of it. Six forty five ifty five care CUD Talk Station fivek Ramaswami starting a marketing campaign today. It's pretty funny first foreign exchange, get your traditionally imported manufactured car fixed for less money. You take it to foreign Exchange. I recommend the Westchester location, Tylersville Road, exit off of seventy five. Head east on Tylersville, hang a right on Kingland just two streets away, and that's where you find the great folks a SC certified Master technicians who will service your car to your satisfaction. You will leave with a full warranty on parts and service, and compare to the dealer, you'll leave with money in your pocket, much more so than the dealer. Dealer charges more money. That's why you take it to foreign Exchange. You're going to get great customer service. I assure you of that. And they have access to your manufacturers technical information, whether it's from Asia, Europe traditionally or Tesla's. They are service. They are trained to service Teslas as well. So get it on into Foreign Exchange. Free loan or car if you need one, they'll take care of that for you. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Online you find them at fourign X that's foreign the letter X dot com fifty five KRC, the tox Ti It's coming about six fifty fifty five KRC, the talk station Happy Monday five one three, seven, four fifty eight hundred D two three talk in five fifty on eight and T phones and a quiet audience. Today. Nobody wants to talk to me, Sean, what do you think you talk to me? Just leave the mics off, you know, I have a conversation not on air, and just go back and forth talk about the troubles and trials and tribulations going on in the world. That makes for bad radio, I think I last time I checked.
Speaker 5: What do I know?
Speaker 1: Anybody listens the program knows. I'm a huge fan, a fan of Eveig Ramaswami. I'm looking forward having him as the next govern of the state of Ohio, who seems like he has a lock hate saying that out loud for fear that it may be jinx. I know, bad things can happen between now and the election, but he seems to have it, you know, I mean all of the major backers are going with Ramaswami. He's got tons of money coming into his political campaign. Not that that should, you know, stop you from making a donation as well. But the VVIKE super Pac is alive and well, and because one of the things he's running on is to grow business in the state of Ohio, he's off to New York, where he's gonna unveil a display add in Times Square today to suggest the New Yorkers it's time for them to leave New York and head to Ohio, paid for by v V super Pac visitor Victors not Victims supports Ramaswami's a good nottorial run as a Republican here in Ohio. The ad reportedly portrayed will portray Zarhan Mom Donnie the crazy Kami who won the Democratic primary for the city New York City, which has freaked out, I mean a lot of Democrats too. They're worried as long, I mean as much as they can be that this guy's going to be the next mayor of New York and if his policies are implemented, no one's going to want to remain in New York. Radical socialist. Apparently, the Ramaswami ad campaign will read ready to flee NYC. It'll show Ramaswami as someone protecting freedom and will read move to Ohio. Apparently, Ed's going to say, worried about Zorhan, Ohio is waiting for you. Apparently, I was a popular destination. Ohio the twentieth most popular state for people to move to that were leaving New York. We had a total of thirty one people move out of New York and had to Ohio in twenty twenty two. Andy Serabian, the chief strategist for this Ramaswami pack, speaking New York Post that people live in New York City should move to a state that is about to elect a conservative trail blazer committed to liberty and prosperity for all, while Mandami will further crush New York City with his job killing socialist Tyranny Vivak ready to unleash freedom, supercharge the American dream in make Ohio a state of excellence. We've put this billboard up because we couldn't think of two politicians in the country that represents such wildly different paths for a future in our nation. The Mondami path is socialist totalitarianism versus the v vague path of American freedom. Freedom. Well, good for him. I don't know if it's going to actually bear fruit, but he is a real threat to New York City. There's a lot of prominent business CEOs that have, you know, massive numbers of people employed in New York City. Financial and otherwise industries are saying he's going to be a terrible thing for New York and they're talking about moving out. We've already had some major businesses move out of New York City for taxation and regulation reasons alone. Along comes mun Domin. He's talking about rent control, increasing taxes on those pesky millionaires, the ones that actually pay the taxes and keep New York City running. Yeah, you're gonna run out of those at some point. And of course everything that he has proposed has been proven to be a demonstrable failure wherever else it has been tried. This is the problem with Commis and socialists. They keep saying, well, no, we just didn't do it right. Then next time we're gonna get it right. No, No, the next time it's gonna go south on you, just like it always does. A Well, he has a thirty five percent favorability rating among the voters mom Domi does this accord of the most recent poll conducted July ninth by Politico. Another left between left leaning polster Andrew Cuomo coming in second with twenty five percent, so New Yorker's will have a choice. So maybe it'll finally sink in that this guy is a recipe for absolute disaster. But I do appreciate Vive getting in front of the situation, and uh just I guess it's a great way of contrasting freedom versus totalitarianism, which is exactly what the ad campaign does. Of course, gives him a larger nationwide presence since this is clearly a race that has, I mean, the nation's attention, this merrill race in New York, so probably prudent strategy. It only cost them fifty grand and the display is going to remain up for the full week. Whether that's any fruit for the state of Ohio, we'll wait and see. Doesn't hurt though, does it? Six fifty five ifty five k c DE Talk Station. More to talk about after the top of the air and this plus Christopher Smithman coming up at seven to twenty. I hope you can stick around seven oh five here at fifty five Garrosede Talk Station Monday. Like it or not, I always like it. At least Christopher Smithman joins the program. We'll be on the next segment seven to twenty for the Smith event, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Always enjoy that. I'm not quite sure what he's going to talk about it if it will be crime, which is obviously a continuing problem, as evidences by the number of shootings over the weekend the Cincinnati area and Greater Cincinnati area. Monday, Monday, Brian James one hour from now eight to oh five, variety of different topics talk about with Brian James. Thanks to all our financial for loaning amount and tex Fisher, State Representative. Fisher here from the state of Ohio is going to be talking about his defense and protection of access to marijuana. Since we all voted for legalization, he's trying to stop some of the Republicans from putting more curbs and restrictions on the general law that we passed that allows for legalization a weed in the state of Ohio. So text will join the programm at eed forty meantime over the phones will go. Let's start with Matt. Matt, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 9: Oh, happy Monday, Brian. Yeah, I just want to talk about the shootings over in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which one you got a lot to choose from.
Speaker 9: Well, now, smither Vent said that most of the shootings are in the black community, and he can say that without being racist because I.
Speaker 1: Believe he's black. Right, Well, I think anybody could say that because statistically that's a fact. I mean, I mean, if someone wants to label you a racist for saying something that is true out loud, if it has a connection to the heart of the problem, I think it is really important to note that because most of the victims are black. And why is it that many people within the black community, like Black Lives Matter, are the ones that want to get rid of the police department that only harms their own community. So is it racist to point that out? I don't think so.
Speaker 9: Okay, Bryan, check me on this. Several years ago, there was a report that the City of Cinc. Ninety police department was racist. I remember that. It might be ten, fifteen, forey years ago, but I remember that. Okay, So let to do. They pulled back from the black community. They let them live their lives without getting in there. So now what has happened Now the crime rate has gone up. They're not racist anymore, but the black community is in trouble and even the local even a lot of people in the black community say we need help. Yeah, so that's what the city, if since and needs do figure out what to do to get him to help at the black community needs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably'll adjust.
Speaker 9: That there's the violence. This is going to continue and it'll get worse.
Speaker 6: More and more and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that would require I guess more proactive policing. You know, we saw that in New York City, proactive policing regularly, regularly encountering folks on the street and asking them questions. It resulted in a precipitous drop in crime. What happened when they got rid of proactive policing while crime went through the roof. And I suspect there may be something in connection with that. But this has got multiple layers. Had you started out with the George Floyd defund the police riots, Black Lives Matter, you got to get rid of the police. They need to rethink the police department. That was all the wave and all the raids there for a long time. All the cities across this country who experienced that and who followed those those formats, those recipes for you know, transforming the police have all dealt with precipitous increases in crime. They're all learning their lessons and they're going back in the opposite direction. I think this is one of the frustrations Christopher has been expressing week after week with the administration, the mayor, and council members just not saying anything, ignoring the problem as if it doesn't exist, not providing reasonable, in appropriate suggestions by way of reform that would help any community in the city of Cincinnati get the violence under control. And the silence is indeed deafening. Why don't they regularly go out and support the police? Christopher said it a bunch of times. Yes, in my neighborhood where I live in the city, one of many of the neighborhoods, most people want more police. They aren't caught up in this, and they don't agree that this is the police force are all evil, racist collective folks that need to be done away with. We don't need to reimagine police, We need to bring it back to the neighborhood to help us defend off the crime. So you know, somebody's going to call your racist if they want to call your racists. Because many people cower in the face of an accusation of racism. You know, whether or not you're a racist, if you got logical and reasonable principles and points you can make to defend yourself, your conclusions that led to this charge of racism and stick to your guns. That's I don't think it's working as much as it used to it. You know, it's kind of like the Boyo cried wolf. There's only so many times you can say it, and then people find like a they their eyes gloss over, They're like, okay, yeah whatever. It's like name calling. Who's next? Maureen is next? Marine? Welcome back to the Morning Show, Maureene. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian. I wanted to turn in about what you had in your opening about the truth social post by President Trump Raredoni regarding Bondi, Bongino and Cash Betel. Yeah, and it's all I agree with you that it is very, very confusing. There are a couple theories out there, a couple of things hit over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well me let me enlighten my listeners. I was cleaning to Trump's comment about they meaning the Democrats created the Epstein files, just like they created the fake Hillary Clinton slash Christopher Steele dossier that they used on me, and now my so called friends are playing right into their hands. In other words, if you're asking for these documents, these Epstein documents, to be released, you're playing into the Democrat hands, which doesn't make a witzworth of sense to me, not a bit, because Biden had all this information. If the Democrats created them, obviously they would have created them for the purposes of harming Trump or anybody else. They weren't used to bring about harm to Trump. How is it now that it's something that Democrats did? And we are playing into their hands by wanting answers to these questions, which suggested that there was a lot of information they were sitting on that we were all going to get to see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple of theories out there. One is that Erosom's suspicion was that mac Gates was called back. He was scheduled to do a Turning Point USA event here in Tampa with Tucker Carl. He was called an emergency meeting with President Trump. There's some thought that he may be being brought in to replace Bondi and be the attorney general, which was Trump's first choice to begin with. And according to what I heard is that under Article two, Section two and Class three of the Constitution, you can be brought in during session in August when they're on recess. But the tru BONDI though, I know, yes, I know, I know, but she could resign on her own just because of all this. But that's like the least one that people suspect. The other one is that he's being brought in as a special prosecutor for the election fraud information. And coupled with that, John Solomon of Just the News he released a video that went firal over the weekend too, and he said that they're opening a large conspiracy case to delve deeper into cross Fire Hurricane, and it's going to be such a big event where all these things are wrapped into a single conspiracy, which will also include not only cross Fire Hurricane, but the dossiers oh gosh, the Russia collisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, well, and Trump did say, let Pambini do her job. She's great. The twenty twenty election was rigged and stolen and they tried to do the same in twenty twenty four. That that's what she's looking into as age and much more fine. I don't think there's any question that they might be looking into that, but that doesn't preclude them answering direct questions on the Epstein files, which is still swirling with all these question marks because of all the prior statements and allegations and accusation that were made by people who are now saying there's nothing to see there.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's a well good according to what John Solomon is saying, that this is supposed to drop within the week to ten days, and then it will incorporate all of those things and eventually lead into the voter fraud and the Epstein files because they're all tied together because of the money that was involved with the Epstein thing.
Speaker 1: So Epstein's stuff will be included in a broader conspiracy related to the twenty twenty Live. Okay, then it's a terrible way of doing that. Why would you say there's nothing here? There is no list, he did commit suicide. We don't have anything to show you but a bunch of videos that contain child pornography, which we're not going to show you anyway. That's all there is. That doesn't lend itself to then using this information in some our broader conspiracy theory. Well wait, a second, you already said there's nothing there. Why are you now incorporating it into a broader investigation? That doesn't make any sense. Why didn't they just say, well, we are going to give you this information. Is not as quickly as we originally schedule to bring it because it connects with a broader investigation that's ongoing, and so we don't want to be premature and releasing this information because it all is it's a puzzle piece to a broader problem that we're facing here. So I'm puzzled by this. It just seems to me, and the idea that Trump will get all angry and upset with a reporter asking a question about this, come on. The foundation was laid for those types of questions to be asked. We've been told by these same people over and over again that there is a there there, that there was child molestation. That's a crime, it's worthy of prosecution. If you said it last year, how come you're not saying it now. Yeah, it just I don't know. From a strategic standpoint, it just doesn't seem like there's any strategy here. Seven fifteen and Christopher Smith uh Nah's first Chimney Care fireplace in stove. Get your chimney inspected for your safety. It's all about safety in a great time of year. To take care of your safety so you don't have to worry about safety in the fall when the temperatures drop and you want to use your fireplace wood burners. Take advantage of the wood burning specials, a sweep in evaluation, video camera inspection and certified chimney sweep of the chimney for only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. That comes also with an exterior evaluation which makes sure that you don't have any water damage issues going on. And this one sixty nine ninety nine great opportunity to take care of your We'll give you peace of mind. You could have had a chimney fire. You're lining could be cracked right now. Next chimney fire could burn your house down. Yeah, let's think about safety. Great special going on and for you folks that have gas fireplaces, take advantage of the free exterior evaluation from the Chimney Care fireplace and stove making sure you don't have any water damage problems. They can fix whatever they encounter up there. They are truly experts, local and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a BBB. Get up an appointment by calling five one three two four eight ninety six hundred and two four eight ninety six hundred. Online you learn more Chimney Excuse Me chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: It's the twenty e IFIF above krc DE talk station. Happy Monday made extra special every Monday at this time because I hear from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, friend of the show, personal friend of mine, which I'm happy to say, Christopher Smithman, with a Monday Morning Smither event. Welcome back to my friend. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Brian and I. I just want to start off brother by addressing one of your callers, but I don't want to. I don't want to stay there. But you know, the notion that you are a racist because you're white and you're talking about what's happening in your city from a factual perspective is a way that I think the left places these this mindset of deflection, so they really don't want you to talk about it. Because it makes them so are uncomfortable, so therefore they start calling people racist. The reality of it is, we have the super majority of people in Cincinnati that are involved in gun violence are African Americans, period, and so if you look at a list at the end of the year of how many people are shy, the majority of those people are African Americans. We elected a mayor and a council to help assolve it, and they're obviously not getting the job done. What's frustrating for me is the election is in November, and I just have this sense that the Democrats in the city will do the same thing. They'll vote for the same people on council, They'll vote for the same mayor and get the same results. That is what baffles me. But to the caller, I'm not a racist. You're not a racist if he's not a racist for trying to talk about these issues and to try to identify solutions. One of those solutions is to move away, and city council has not done this, and the mayor has not done this is move away from the defund the police mentality or reimagine the police so our officers do not feel supported. What are ways the mayor could do. What can he do to make the police officers in Cincinnati, Brian Thomas feel supported. Go to roll calls, do ride alongs, do a press conference with your chief, Say I support the police. I support them doing proactive policing. I'm going to put them in visible positions between the time of nine and three or four o'clock in the morning. We're using our police visibility over time in our hot spots, starting with our core of downtown. And I want every officer to know that I support them. This mayor, this collective council will never say that, Brian Thomas, that is the problem.
Speaker 1: Well so far they haven't, So it's a reasonable conclusion for you to reach. And you know, I guess the other component is if they're not calling you racist, they're gonna say, yeah, a lot of the violences in the black community, a lot of the gun violence is directed a fellow black members of the black community. It's because of the systemic problem we have. It's a systemic breakdown. We've been underserved. It's a racist ideology that has led our neighborhoods to this sorry state. And I just have to kind of think about that and go, wait a second, you've been neglected. Your elected officials have let you down. Going to your point, Christopher, we'll quit voting for the same people over and over again as you have been doing for the last forty plus years. If you think you're underserved, try a different path. But by being underserved, if you just assume that as a fact, why would that cause members within that community to start shooting each other? What possible justification can being down on the socioeconomic scale have to do with you going around and firing a gun into a crowd full of people? Willy nilly? How is the connection there?
Speaker 5: And the other thing is, why would the mayor and the council tell you that downtown is safe? Come on down when every time I listen to your show in the morning, I hear gunshot OTR Main Street, wherever the banks, And then the mayor says, it's almost like it reminds me of this. This this don't believe what you're hearing, don't believe what you're seeing. The reality of it is, i am the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and I'm uncomfortable going into my core downtown. The main reason is I've lost confidence in the mayor, and I've lost confidence collectively in the city council. So why would I tell my daughter, who I love, it's okay for you your friends to go downtown when they can go somewhere else and be safe where there aren't the shootings. You can go to Montgomery, you can go to Kinwood, wherever. You can go somewhere else where you're not gonna get shot. That's the problem. And until the mayor and the council, who are on summer break, take this gun violence series other than just holding a press conference and saying, listen, this is just your perception. Really, gun violence is down and we're okay, nothing's going to change.
Speaker 1: A man, let's bring Christopher back for another segment or two as the case, maybe seven twenty five. Right now if you have KSIT talk station. Of course, conversation like this invites the opportunity for someone to think, you know what, I need to reflect on life, the value of life, this sacredness of life. And there's a place you can do that, and a place that invites you to do that. That's Gate of Having Catholic Cemetery of Montgomery life honored and celebrated every phase of Gate of Heaven, whether it's birth, life milestones or passing into eternal life. Gate of Heaven recognizes and revers the sacredness of every phase of the human journey. I mean, some folks might get engaged in some prayer and some thoughts about that, and it's a perfect place to do. That is just absolutely gorgeous, beautifully landscape, got walking paths and places to sit and reflect and pray. So why not give it a try, get it out of your system, reflect and meditate a Gate of Heaven. Find more online at Gateoheaven dot org. That's gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC seven twenty nine.
Speaker 1: On Monday, Brian Thomas with Christopher Smitheman doing the psmither event. Christopher Smitheman, what else is on your mind today? My friend?
Speaker 5: Look, I just want to debunk this narrative that I keep hearing say said over and over and over again. Bye. Really, the Democratic Party are their representatives, and that is and this is important that ICE agents are targeting immigrants here in a very kind of random way. That is not what is happening. ICE agents are targeting people who have come into our country illegally, who are criminals, that last word criminals. The target on those who are potential rapists, or they have engaged in rape in their own countries, murder, robbery, mayhem, whatever you want to gang members, those have been the targets of ICE. But if they go into an apartment and there are ten people there, and let's just say three of them are women who are girlfriends of MS thirteen gang members, they're all here illegally, and they're all being deported. But there's notion and if you're hanging with gang members, if you're if your girlfriend, if you're the girlfriend of an MS thirteen gang member, and you're in our country illegally, I don't have any problem with you being deported for this notion that liberal Democrats keep promoting that ICE agents are here targeting, whether it's Cincinnati, Hamilton County, whether it's parts of Kentucky, or whether it's in Texas. People that are getting up every day going to work is just absolutely alive. And it just infuriates me how the Democrats keep pushing that narrative. And I just want to push back this morning saying listen, I got a daughter, I'm a girl dad, you're a girl dad. I don't want it to be my scene where my daughter is out taking a dog on a college campus and one of these MS thirteen gang members targets her, drags her into would rates her and murders her. We can be this is what we call pro active policing. What ICE is doing. These are people that came into the country illegally. You broke the law. You broke the law. However, you're a gang member, you're someone who murdered somebody, you rate somebody. I don't want you here. I don't understand why the Democrats are fighting so hard, Ryan Thomas, to keep people like this in our country.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's a losing battle for them. I mean I brought this up this morning on that that left wing you know, a Democrat polster that did the poll talking about how the Democrats, even their own are not happy with their own party. Dissatisfaction rate is through the roof, and they don't have any policies that resonate with the American people. In terms of immigration and enforcement of the immigration policy. Trump ran on and he promised to do it. His big thing from day one has been, you know, build a big border wall and stop the flow, uh flow, of ill immigration that resonated with the country. He won the popular vote, he won the electoral college, and he's fulfilling his promise. And still poll after poll after poll shows that most Americans want to deport all illegal immigrants, not just the criminal element among them. So the Democrats can stream and scream and resist and go after ICE agents. I think at all in yours to the Republican Party's benefit, because that's not what the American people want, because most people think, like you, Christopher, there but for the grace of God, go I and my daughter getting raped and murdered.
Speaker 5: It's all driving a car drunk DUI and you kill an American family. You're in the country illegally, you're driving drunk, and you kill our American family. I just don't understand where Democrats are coming from, why this is such a problem. And you now see on TV my icy someone shooting at ICE agents over the weekend as they are identifying miners. I'm going to get into the adults. Oh yeah, but miners who are working on the farms. As an American, we do not value working twelve and thirteen year olds and fourteen year olds in a field. It's illegal to do it, And so why would Democrats who say they love children, they want to protect kids. All these children who've been separated when they came into the country illegally. Now we're finding some of them, and we're finding them in environments on farms where they are being worked, which is absolutely illegal.
Speaker 1: Exploited and exploited.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's children that were found by the ICE agents are probably in a much better situation having been found by the ICE agents than they were as basically slave labor on the marijuana camp.
Speaker 5: We haven't heard Brian Thomas, one of the Democrats, say that was wrong. Not one when the guy is literally on the video shooting at the ICE agents. No one said there's a fifty thousand dollars reward to find out who that is. No one said we denounced that. I'm trying to figure out, Brian Thomas, like you are, what is going on with the Democrats and why are they so silent and hell bent on keeping people who are criminals in the United States of America. And I'm not even getting into the politics that they say. I agree with you, it's a very bad politics. I'm saying the practicality of you and I who are girl dads. These are people who are praying on our American women. Clearly they are, and they're killing them and raping them and robbing them. Why would we want them in the United States of America And why would the Democratic Party push that kind of an agenda. Now, part of this is if you look at MSNBC and you watch CNN, they're telling you the opposite. They're saying they're deporting everybody. You just show up to work and they grab you off the street. That's how they're presenting it on their on their media platforms. But that is absolutely not the truth. And there might be someone who's listening to this who says, wow, I didn't realize that ICE is targeting their first group of people. They're trying to put all their time and energy and getting out the criminals. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. And the only I mean that only that the defenseless you know, mom, worker or whatever, who got caught up in the entrapment because of they were going after criminals. That's the only thing that could possibly resonate with the American people is well, that's not really fair. That poor woman's been here for twelve fifteen years and she didn't do anything right. But if you peel back the veneer of that, you see quite often it's a circumstance, like you're talking about where well she happened to be an MS third team gang member's girlfriend. Let's bring Christopher back because I think I might have the answer to the question of why they fight so hard to keep this all of the criminals as well as every other illegal immigrant in the country. Pausible bring Christopher back for another one. It's seven thirty six right now, fifty five KCD talk station. A strong recommendation for all residential electric projects. Get in touch with my friends. If Cullen Electric Andrew Cullen and the team there to treat your home with ultimate respect, customer service couldn't be better. The efficiency of the licensed electricians couldn't be better. It's a well oiled machine there. So whatever the project they're working on, a big one, like rewiring your whole home, getting rid of the old aluminum wiring, or nobin two biring, maybe wiring up your whole house generator, or just installing one outlet, anything in between, they can handle it for you to do efficient job. The price will be right and you'll get a ten yure wiring warranty on everything they do for you, so you can hire them with confidence. I have many times over the years to my great satisfaction. Cullen CEE U L E Ncullenelectriccincinnati dot com. You can schedule appointment online at the website learn more about what they can do for you to call directly. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 5: Seven.
Speaker 1: I think about kerr CE talk Station Brian time as here with Christopher Smitheman during the Smith event and as to the wise Christopher, I was thinking you of the Democrats fighting to protect and keep every single illegal immigrant, criminal or otherwise in the country. I think part of this has to do with the fact that if you look at the Blue States, you know your New York's, you're Illinois, You're California's.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: We all learned what happened after COVID. Everybody who could get out got out. Their population numbers left. There are numbers of people who make a lot of money left the state for places with lower taxes and a veteran regulatory environment. So they're hemorrhaging people who actually make money. They got to keep their economy going. And the other thing is they want to keep control of the UH. They want to gain control of the House of Representatives. That's a popularation driven thing, Christopher. And if you substitute the US citizenry with a bunch of illegal immigrants, you can maintain your numbers for the purpose of the census and the number of representatives you have in the House. And that's one of the things that they're desperately trying to do. And I think that's part of the how. I believe that the Texas governor and the Florida governor kind of played into their hands a little bit because they declared themselves New York, California, et cetera, a sanctuary states or cities, which was an invitation for illegal immigrants come here, and we won't harass you or arrest you or otherwise try to kick you out. We will not cooperate with federal authorities. That's an invitation to come in. And of course the governors of Texas and Florida played into that by busting the illegal immigrant population to those destinations, so they effectively boosted their population numbers pretty significantly with the illegal immigrants, which may very well allow them to keep the number of representatives they have in the House. Just a thought.
Speaker 5: Well, at first, I agree with you. First of all, I agree that if it cannspiracy and part of that conspiracy, what are the legs to the conspiracy? Is no ID, you don't have to have an idea to vote. And the way the Democrats tried to pimp it out is to suggest that African Americans were not able to get identification to vote. The target wasn't African Americans. The target were the illegal people in the country who they wanted to vote. But they had to offend African Americans by saying, hey, listen, so many African Americans can't get a state ID, so many African Americans can't get a driver's license, there's no way they can identify themselves when they show up and vote as Americans, which I am an American in this country. But the real conspiracy was to have that blanket conversation so those people who were in the country illegally did not have a requirement for identification.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, I think you're onto something. So multiple layers of of why they would fight to keep all the illegal immigrants in the country.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's absolutely true. And as we get to a close, you know, I try to have public conversations with you, Brian, my white brother, about racism, and it's very complicated. But what I will say to you is that there are people who try to weaponize racism. First of all, racism is real, just like sexism is real.
Speaker 6: It happens in this country, sure, but.
Speaker 5: There are people, there are people who use that as a deflection. Okay, So somebody like an Al Sharpton who says nothing about the African Americans who are killing each other in these major cities, whether it's Chicago, whether it's La whether it's New York, right where he lives, you hear nothing from his voice. He lives no political capital for that bloodshed. But once a white officer takes the life of an African American who's a juvenile with a gun in a major city all sharp and will fly anywhere to have that discussion, that's somebody who is, in my opinion, off course, and who is not helping solve these very serious problems that we're facing. And it doesn't make a person a racist for articulating that that is what is going on. You and I are not dumb as my white brother, me as your black brother, trying to solve these big issues that are happening. But let's not say. You know, I'll never get on your show and say, well, man, I've never experienced racism or my kids habits or my parents have it. But they're jerks all over the place. They're people that are nuts all over the place. But the reality of but the reality of it is, is that what you and I are talking about, this uncontrolled epidemic of a violence, violence that's happening in our urban core, specifically where you and I live. We have a Newter mayor and a Newter council. They don't have the solution. And until we elect people that absolutely care are willing to roll up their sleeves, willing to do what it takes. And it starts with empowering our police to do the great job that they've been trained to do and back them up. Every Monday morning. They're going to be errors out here. You pull up to a car their tenant windows, you don't know what the hell is going on in the car. You ask the citizen please roll down your window. I need to see what's happening in the front and the backseat, because somebody can have a gun pointed at the officer and they don't do it, they don't comply. What do you think is going to happen on that dark road? Do you think the officer is going to die? He's not going to go back to his wife, or she's not going to go back to her husband. We're living in this La Lau land with Democrats who continue and it's so dangerous, Brian Thomas. It's so dangerous because it's undermining our society. A society that refuses to support and respect law enforcement is a lawless society. And we have Democrats out here, whether it's Ice, whether it's peace officers, who continue to push that narrative. It is very very Unamerican, and it is a big problem in our country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll go back there to the point I made earlier, Christopher. You know, even if we have a systemically racist society, which is what some of the you know, like the sharpons of LAURLD want to say, that's the problem, that's the just that's the reason there's so much gun violence in the black communities. I can't say how do you draw a line that connects those two? What injustice justifies you going out and like firing a glock with an extended magazine into a group full of your own peace people? How do you connect the dots on that you don't random indiscriminate violence, deadly random indiscriminate gunfire.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 5: And let me also, I guarantee you that Al Sharpton and people like him all have bodyguards. Oh guarantee it. I guarantee that they are always under guard, whether it's the personal home, whether it's when they walk out and get in their vehicle and they go somewhere, they're surrounded by people with guns.
Speaker 4: They're not you and I out here every.
Speaker 5: Day just trying to go to a ball game or go down to the banks and have a beer. And we don't want people just spraying bullets into the crowds in an indiscriminate way. And the other thing is we're not even hearing about the assault, meaning we're focused on the shootings. We're focused on the murder. Yes, there's another level down. That's the couple that's just walking down the street, comes out of the restaurant and they're jumped yeah, Yeah, that's also happening, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 1: It is happening. It's happening a lot. And that's one statistic I think that everyone can uniformally agree has gone up a lot.
Speaker 6: Yes, which is.
Speaker 5: Free that it has. But you're not a racist. The caller who called in isn't a racist for talking about these issues and then asserting and talking about what they think the solutions are. Meaning one of them is broken homes. Obviously parents, dad being involved. So we've got to do a better job in that area. That's obviously one of the solutions. Police officers and supporting cops, that's obviously one of our solutions. But the reality of it is you and I talking about it and highlighting it doesn't make me and Uncle Tom, and it certainly doesn't make you a race.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that just confirming everything I personally believe too. I'm happy to get on and talk about it because I know I'm not a racist. God bless you, Christopher Smith, and look forward to next Monday at another event. Have a great week, my friend seven forty nine, come up at seven fifty to fifty five KRC Detalk station. Strong recommendation, make one phone call. The result in a free inspection and a free quote, and that's of course USA Insulation find out if you have under insulated walls. The exterior walls of your home should be packed full of really high R value insulation. But if they're not, you could use the USA's foam to go in with whatever low R value product you have in there from days gone by. And if your home was built before the mid seventies, nothing but empty air, and there fill it with the highest R value phone in the market. You'll get immediate improvement and comfort. You will notice your AC system, at least this time of year, is not running as hard. You'll notice that in the winter time when the heating and the heat's on, and you will save money guaranteed savings from the USA insallation so much so that you may be able to cover the entire cost of the monthly payment, which is only ninety nine dollars a month, interest free, free quote, free inspection. So get in touch with them.
Speaker 4: Do it now.
Speaker 1: The only regret you're gonna have is, gosh darned it, I didn't do this sooner. Yeah really three eight one three six two six three eight one foam five one three three eight one foam online. You'll find them at USA Insallation dot net. Fifty five KRC did you know even this? Seven fifty four here if clad NC talk stations, very Happy Mondays here it being Monday Money Monday with Brian James will be on the next segment, talk about a variety of different topics, including an economists seeing a lower recession risk, a stronger job growth, forecasters nudget up growth, trimming inflation estimates as tariffs prove lower less costly than expected. In April, Yeah, we've got this pesky tariffs entering in the equation again with Donald Trump is seeing some additional tariffs and lord knows how it's going to impact us. I sort of feel like it hasn't really impacted us much. I know there's some business out there, some business understaying you talk, what are you talking about? It's killing me? But more broadly, the gloom and doom projections that people were screaming and whaling and gnashing teeth over just doesn't seem to have manifested itself. Maybe we give Brian a comment on that and what the tariffs might mean for us going forward anyway, Will we get an interest rate cut. That of course the dominant topic of conversation with Brian, because we could all use some interest rate relief, most notably those that are interested in buying a house. Anyway, we'll get to that, and then we'll hear from Tex Fisher, State Representative Fisher from here in the state of Ohio on protecting your ability to have access to weed. Yes, marijuana, and they're trying to change the law to make it a little more difficult to get it and limit the number of plants you can grow and put THHC limits and that kind of thing. Tex Fisher says, no, he is a Republican and he said, listen, the citizens of the state of Ohio voted for this in overwhelming numbers. Let it go, Let it sit. So text Fisher at eight forty to talk about that. Who can stick around me right back after the news.
Speaker 2: Dot com, I gotta get in reel to calm down.
Speaker 1: Now the latest news. We're on the verge of a real piece in the Middle East, and your latest ognions.
Speaker 6: I trust what President Trump is doing.
Speaker 1: Fifty five the talk station Stato five care c DE talk station. It being Monday, it's that time of week. Good to hear I'm from all Worth Financials, Brian James, financial planner. He is talking about money matters. It is money Monday time, Brian James, welcome back to the morning show. Great to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 10: Absolutely good to hear your voice too. It's a rainy money Monday. So let's sit and tide and talk about numbers and boring. Yeah, inflation and let's talk inflation. Let's show whether or not it's going to impact the Fed's decision to cut interest rates or not, as the case may be. But the background of all this is the uh, the Trump trade wars, the the tariffs he's been levying or then taking off, as the case may be. It seems to be like a constantly moving target, you know, announces tariffs one day, and then he says, well, I'm gonna pause him, give us time to negotiate or talk, and you kind of a you never really quite have a grip of which direction it's gonna go. But thus far, I think the general consensus, at least from what I've read no economist am I, is that thus far the tariffs really haven't impacted you and me on a day to day basis. The way everyone was so frightened that it would Oh my god, the price are going to go through the roof. Well that's not yet necessarily been the case, has it. Yeah, things that make Jerome Powell go hmmm.
Speaker 1: So we've seen this.
Speaker 10: We're now starting to see numbers coming out that were far enough past the tariff announcements in the actual presence of those tariffs. Remember, the announcement of the tariff and the actual tariff are two very different things, right, as we've learned. But June's CPI is forecasted to rise about a third of a percent month over month for both headline and core numbers. Remember those are the there's two different CPI figures that we all like to look at. This is the first real tangible impact we've seen from this new round of Trump era tariffs in getting core inflation near three percent annually, So it's kind of moving away from the target the Fed wants to be in the two percent range. That's what really makes Jerome Powell happy in the morning. But we're not there. And well, this is to your point. This is not terrible. This is not a massive spike as some had prognosticated over the past few months. But at the same time, up is not down, and we're higher than the federal reserve once. So at the moment, Jerome Powell has a bit of a dilemma in terms of which which battle does he fight? Is he going to fight inflation because this is also coming alongside a slightly weakening labor market.
Speaker 1: So things do seem to be cooling off. This is a tough one. I'm kind of glad that I don't have I don't have.
Speaker 10: His job right now, because he's really got two forces pulling in the opposite direction on him.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, are we entering like a nineteen seventies kind of situation with stagflation?
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't think we're there yet. You know, my crystal ball is as foggy as anybody else's. But I don't think this is this yet has all the same impacts that full stagflation did. And the reason that we one of the reasons I believe personally, is because there are so many catalysts, Brian of ways that we make money now compared to the seventies, And I'm just thinking of things like, you know, the seventies, we didn't have a whole lot of innovation compared to what we have now.
Speaker 1: It's good thinking of the last twenty years.
Speaker 10: We had the Internet come up, and we've had AI, we've had a real estate spike, we had COVID that drove, you know, the work from home technology and all this stuff. Everything is a catalyst that somebody makes money off of. So that stuff, I think currently knocking on wood furiously is offsetting the downsides of what we're going through.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I never really looked at it that way. A lot of job opportunities that just didn't exist, and we've created a whole new economy since the nineteen seventies, which was I guess more rooted in a traditional I guess more manufacturing type economy, and thus the problems we faced in the seventies.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's right, and there was just a different environment in terms of how we recovered from things. So we had spikes in oil prices, and of course a lot of that too, was driven by President Nixon wanted to drive interest rates down because he had an election coming up and he wanted happy people putting their votes into their ballot boxes, and so he pushed really hard for low interest rates, and that spiked a lot of demand, which resulted in Paul Volker coming to the rescue with his Superman Cape in the late seventies early eighties, forcing us into a pretty significant recession that then settled back down into this two to three percent range that we over the past forty years have determined as kind of the right happy place to be, because over the last forty years it hasn't been that crazy economically speaking when you compare it to the nineteen seventies, So we've kind of concluded that, okay, that must be the right place to be balanced, but it takes some sacrifices to get there.
Speaker 1: All right. So we have this point three percent predicted figure for the consumer price it's supposed to come out today core rate that strips out food and energy also predicted to B point three, which makes it higher than the fetid hope, because that would push it past the two percent goal and closer to three percent if it will remain on this trajectory. If I got that right, that's correct, You're on the right path all right now. Two lower interest rates would be to add fuel to the fire of the inflationary numbers, at least that's what they always say.
Speaker 10: Correct, that's correct, exactly, right, and that's what Trump wants. Trump has been talking about rates aren't low enough. You said that all the way through, and I honestly, I think I'd wear a tinfoil hat some but especially when it comes to politicians of every flavor, because everybody, at the end of the day is just out for votes. That's all because they got to stay in their jobs. Anyway, I think it's a sexy thing to talk about interest rates. We've all become fixated with interest rates because we've we've fallen in love with the idea of refinancing our mortgages over and over again, and we feel entitled to these two to three percent mortgages. Therefore, if I'm a politician, it makes sense for me to just talk about lower rates. All you need is the SoundBite. I don't need to get into the possible downsides of having rates too low for too long. We saw that in the seventies. I'm going to talk about that. I'm just going to trigger people's memories that hey, I really liked when I could refinance my mortgage over and over again, So that can possibly win me votes. That's going to be the drum that I beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and the other. The sort of the side cul de sac on that point is if interest rates were back down to three percent for mortgages, I think it would probably exacerbate the already problem shortage of housing we have. There'd be more people out there wanting to buy, which of course drive the limited inventory prices up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the people who would be happiest are the ones who bought a house anyway, knowing full well that it's not it's not as good of an environment as it was over the past ten to fifteen years, but they were sort of gambling that rates are going to come down, I can refinance. Those people would be really, really happy. It's the people who are furiously trying to build up a down payment to buy their first home that are going to take it right in the face because it's just going to get slightly more more and more expensive as it already is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no end insight to that one now. And back to inflation. The idea that Trump just announced over the weekend, he's going to put a thirty percent terrifying goods from the European Union and Mexico, and that kicks in August first, obviously giving him a couple of week winded and negotiate, which I presume that's what he wants. That hasn't been factored into the situation, has it yet?
Speaker 6: No, not really.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I think we're used to this, right.
Speaker 10: So remember back in April, the market hit an absolute bottom, and it hit it hard in early April, and that was the initial panic over, oh my gosh, these tariffs are huge, one hundred and forty percent on stuff coming out of China and we're changing him every other day.
Speaker 1: Panic, panic, panic.
Speaker 10: Well then we realize, okay, wait a minute, maybe we're not going to actually tear off band aids like it felt like we were going to. We're gonna kind of, you know, put these thirty day delays and all that kind of stuff on it. So the market is kind of winking at all this. It's just kind of ignoring it, you know whatever, Let me know when you're done and you've decided, then the market will tell us what it's going to do. So, you know, futures as we're sitting here right now, are down a little bit for the morning, but not nearly as much as they would have been when these first tariff announcements came out months ago.
Speaker 1: When we were first getting used to our new chaotic reality. Well, and maybe that's because they didn't stick around for a long time. That was like, you know, Trump woud announce him and the market will react, and then he would say, now I'm going to put a hold on those and withdraw them and again for the purpose of negotiating. Sitting in the negotiation table, it's all I guess can be made of why they're on and they're off, and they're on and they're off again. But you can't factor that in. If you don't have any idea which direction the tariffs are going to go, how do you forecast the future? You just can't do it.
Speaker 10: You know, I picture, you know, being mugged in an alley. If I jabb my knife at you, you're probably going to be more willing to hand me over your wallet without me having to do any damage. That's really all we do, over and over and over again. It's just a negotiation. As ugly as it sounds, it truly is.
Speaker 1: Well, I know to the Wall Street journalist said the economists, economists are seeing a lower recession risk with stronger job growth. That's Wall Street journal survey of the economists that they talk to. So I mean it's like a mixed bag of news and all this. Brian, I guess that's why there's so much confusion in terms of which direction we're going to go in terms of rate interest rates.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and this is very much a popcorn making time for the rest of us who do not have to make these decisions on that benefit or harm the rest of the world. Again, I go back to Jerome Powell. I don't know how the man sleeps at night. He's he's in a world where you know, again, he's got those two forces pulling an opposite direction, and he's the one who has to decide which lever to pull and which button to push. So I do not envy that man right now.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's in quite a conunder. We'll talk more about this with Brian James from all Worth Financial that and I guess we also have some of the big, beautiful tax breaks, maybe a little bit smaller than people anticipate in the bvb Ryan James will continue after this. Word for plum tight plumbing, plumbing done right. It's always plumbing done right. They live by that model. You get outstanding plumbers, outstanding customer service. They know that you deserve better, and that's what their goal is to give you better in terms of your plumbing experience. Plumb Tight doesn't charge a service fee, there are no They have free estimates and enjoying a plus with the Better Business Bureau Number one Installing the tristate for tankless water heaters great idea if you've got to replace your old system, That old tank system free up lots of space. Imagine the room without that tank and you've got a unit about the size of a men medium suitcase hanging on the wall. There's your tankless water heater providing unlimited hot water. It never stops as long as your hot water is on, lasts longer than tanks by a good five years and probably more, and our energy savers on top of it. Multiple reasons to go tankless. If you have a sewer line problem, call plumb Tight. Trenchless sewer line repair, no digging up your yard. Just a couple of the services they offer. But for all your plumbing needs residential plumbing needs, it is plumbing done right online. Plumb Tight t I t E. Plump tight dot com can schedule appointment on the web page or call them up five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight.
Speaker 8: Fifty five krc our.
Speaker 1: Eight nineteen. If you've got kirc detalk station, very happy Monday to you. Done money Monday thing with Brian James Smallworth Financial. Going back to the conundrum and the problem that Jerome Powell is in such a position you mentioned it in this article just addresses it. The one who provided me the Fed is too mandates. It can be at odds, and there are odds now keep inflation in check and supporting the labor market. So to keep inflation in check if it's running too hot, they raise rates to slow demand. Okay, when the labor market starts to drop off, they cut rates to boost borrowing and spending and thus in turn hiring. But you've got both going on at the same time. You have a cooling labor market as has been reflected, and you have a little bit warmer inflation number as you mentioned. It was point three or is reportedly going to be point three for the month, higher than the two percent annual trajectory. So it suggests, I mean, the answer seems to me to be just don't touch the rates at all at this point rather than lower them or increase them, which nobody really is talking much about. Why would you even do anything to him right now if you have no clear vision of the future on this, Brian James, Yeah.
Speaker 10: At the moment, we're not at a point. Again, I'm not Jerome Powell. I'm not responsible for this. So this is purely you know, me sitting off on the sidelines being an armchair fed chair. But so yeah, I don't think we're at a point where we have to go one direction or the other, you know, with the exception of the pressure from the White House is enormous, of course, because this has been, like I said, this has been a campaign plank for President Trump for both of his both of his terms, and when he was not in office, he was still talking about it, right, always being that rates need to go lower, lower, lower. We'll worry about the rest later. So well, at the moment, I think it's it's kind of it's relatively easy for fed chair pal to not do anything about it because of those things that could happen and the benefits would not outweigh the risks. Currently, we're kind of at a bit of a balance, and that's what we're seeing in the stock and bond market. It's fairly knock on wood quiet time right now, but later in the year, later in September. If these trends continue, in other words, if the labor market continues to weaken and we continue to have the other things happening on the inflationary side, then he's probably going to have to make a move in one direction or another and lay as cards on the table. Well, it's right now, we're kind of stableish, But if.
Speaker 1: That happens, in other words, inflation continues on its current upward trajectory and the labor market is on the downward trajectory, the likelihood that the rates are going to get lowered is slim and none, because that'll have a profound impact on inflation. At least that's what they say. Because and this is the other thing I wanted to test and find out what your perception is. The import taxes haven't yet crept into the consumer prices because apparently companies were front loading inventory because they anticipated these tariffs kicking in, so they've pre ordered a whole bunch of stuff in late two thousand and four. In twenty twenty five, but it's pointed out Eventually they're gonna have to start passing on higher prices to consumers because their inventories are gonna run low and they're gonna have to start buying more stuff in things that are gonna be subject to the tariff. So, I mean, if anybody, if this is an accurate assessment of the landscape, you know, prices are gonna go up.
Speaker 6: They're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: There's really no other choice.
Speaker 10: You're right, because because again we're as I said earlier, we've been calm over this reletive once we got over the initial shock that we're gonna start talking about tariffs very loudly. That was back in April, and then we realized it's not gonna It wasn't It's not as scary as it sounds, because we really haven't seen the impact yet. Now we're riding the wave of prices that were locked in as you just pointed out in Q four of last year and Q one of this year in anticipation. So things are still stable, but we're not truly in a full tariff oriented reality that's coming over the next several months. And if we if we really want to follow what the President says in lower rates than that. That is going to provide opportunities for businesses to make more money, and they're going to They're definitely.
Speaker 1: Going to push that because it's what they do, it's, you know, what they should do.
Speaker 10: But on the other hand, they are not the ones responsible for keeping inflation in check. That falls to That falls to the Fed chair and he's going to have to make some tough decisions in terms of guiding us through all that.
Speaker 1: Well, he's just got to wait and see what the terrorists do and if they even go into effect. Again, thirty percent announce kicking in August first for quite a number of our trading partners, and again the logical conclusion is that we'll raise prices ergo lowering rates when a time of rising prices is a recipe for rapid runaway inflation, which Donald Trump mean Donald Trump campaigned on lowering inflation. It's going to do the exact opposite of what he promised. And as we run into you know, the next election cycle, that's not going to be real. Good thing happened in Brian James. If you're hopefully hoping for the best for the Republicans anyway.
Speaker 10: And I'll hope for the best for all of us, which is, if you find a way to get along, then maybe we'd be we'd be in a better spot. But yeah, and I think the other challenging thing is fed chair Pal doesn't get to change interest rates today and then make and then reverse the change tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 10: Trump apparently does, so that's he's gonna Pal's gonna have to wait until the dust truly truly settles on this, because his decisions are much more permanent and long lasting than a day and a half worth of tariffs.
Speaker 1: Well, and I suppose in the background there's always the notion that just threatening the thirty percent teriffs will at least bring folks to the negotiation table and maybe we'll end up with a better deal before anything kicks in and ultimately impacts inflation. One can only pray that we get that kind of resolution. Brian James, let's continue with you and some of the big beautiful tax breaks a little bit smaller than some anticipated. One more with Money Monday's Brian James. It's a twenty five right now, fifty five Karsity talk station. A great word for Suzette loads a camp just outstanding of what she does. And that's mortgage business. Any of the fifty states plus Puerto Rico. You can benefit from the services of Suzette Load's camp with Cross Country Mortgage. You need a mortgage, you want to buy a house, called Suzette Up. She is your broker. She's on your side of the table. It's got hundreds of options out there in the world. She delivers personal service and customer satisfaction like you'll never believe. So many happy listeners have called Susette, and of course my daughter among those happy that she worked with Susette Lowscamp turned that situation around in no time. I think we took her like two days to get financing and my daughter just loved working with Susette. You will too. She is just wonderful and intelligent. Thirty five plus years in the mortgage business, without a jump fee, without an application fee, just great rates at a low cost, and the best customer service in the industry. Put me to the test on that get in touch with us, shall get right back with you five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six Send her an email, should get right back with you on that. As well, so is that dot low'scamp spelled l O s E KA MP. So is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRSEL dot com.
Speaker 1: It's a forty here, fifty five k CV talkstation. Ryan Thomas, Fish and everyone a very happy, happy Monday, and welcoming to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Bar Ohio State Representative TECHS Fisher.
Speaker 7: Tex.
Speaker 1: Fisher represents District fifty nine. Happens to be the youngest selected official in state of Ohio, at least from the House of Representatives.
Speaker 5: Tex.
Speaker 1: Good to have you on the fifty five cares in Morning show. My friend, welcome, oh thank you for having me twenty nine years old. Have I got that right? Yes, sir, Well, it's an amazing accomplishment and congratulations on reaching that lofty goal at such a young age. And you are fighting to protect what we voted for and overwhelming numbers here in the state of Ohio. That was an issue too. November twenty three, fifty seven percent of Ohioans voted yes to legalize recreational cannabis use in marijuana use in the state of Ohio, and immediately it was actually mostly driven by the Republicans side of the ledger, although you may know some Democrats who are trying to change the law, but this wasn't a constitutional amendment, so the legislative brands can make changes to what we passed by overwhelming majority. What are they trying to do? You're in opposition to some of these changes. What are the proposals and what types of changes are being thrown around in Columbus right now?
Speaker 3: Tex Yeah, I think so the bill has made admittedly a lot of progress, I think in the right direction. So we're talking about a Senate Bill fifty six. I was introduced at the beginning of the year and moved pretty quickly through the Senate, and then as I got to the House, a lot of changes have been made. So I still have not seen the most up to date version of the bill, but I do know that it has moved in a pretty significantly positive direction in terms of respecting the world of voters. And I think the goal of what myself and some of the other folks working on this is we really want this to be more of an implementation of issue too, because there are a lot of language in the battle initiative was kind of insufficient.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit vague.
Speaker 3: It didn't give I think the proper guardrails to the administrative folks at the Division of Cannabis Control to really implement the legal cannabis market in a way that makes sense in this pro business. So that's what I'm looking for. I think it's making a lot of progress in that direction, but ultimately we weren't entirely there. I think there are definitely some folks that want to see things more restricted, and I certainly you know, understand where they're coming from, but that's not what the people voted for. So I think our job is to try to find the right balance of making sure we're protecting the intent of what the voters passed an issue too, while also making it a little bit easier for those folks to do business, and also addressing the hemp issue in a smart and reasonable way, because I think that was another big sticking point for myself and some other folks on the Republican side of the legislature that we want to make sure that whatever we do on these is the right thing to do, and not just passing something so we can say we passed something and then end up just you know, and ending up with a constitutional amendment that we can't change, which is just going to waste a whole lot of everyone's time and money. And I think we can do this the right way and so respectable of the voters.
Speaker 1: Well, now, is there a division or like a distinction being drawn between hemp and marijuana? Is that one of the things that's being bandied about and argued over because you know, hemp, to me is is just an industrial product. You can't get high on it. And I remember one politician saying those self respecting dope head would even be caught smoking hemp. I mean, it's an exercise and futility to get high off of it. So but it has great industrial You can make any literally anything out of it, clothing and play plastics, and make wood products out of it. So there's a lot of industrial uses for it. I mean that is even is there even a need to regulate it just because it looks like marijuana? I mean, what's the story on hamp relative to marijuana? Text?
Speaker 3: So the issue there is so familiar with like the Delta eight or the types of intoxicating THHC products which are hemp derived. Sometimes in some cases they're synthesized you know, there are some fairly intoxicating products that are very accessible to get right now in gas station's, convenience stores, okay and the like.
Speaker 1: So they're concentrating, they're concentrating the low level hamp. It's like less than three percent I suppose in hemp, and they're taking that and concentrating it into something that is well obviously much more capable of getting someone intoxicated.
Speaker 3: Correct, So that under the Farm Bill passed several years ago in DC, it actually legalized all these different hemp products with the standard you know, you can't have more total THHC than point zero three percent by dry weight. You know, there are a lot of technicalities technicalities involved in that. But the issue that we're seeing is there are intoxicating products that are readily readily available, but under federal law, the recreational adult use cannabis products and any of these intoxicating hemp drive products are two totally different products. So these are federally legal, and I think we all agree there are issues. We don't want kids being able to walk into a gas station and buy like a THHD evate, But I think some of the proposals to address that, we're also kind of an over correction and when it end up harming a lot of small businesses that do want to play by the roles and accept that there is a need for regulation and some quality controls and to make sure kids aren't getting these things. But finding the right balance between address in the safety issue and also not putting a whole lot of people.
Speaker 1: Out of business.
Speaker 3: That's that's another another area where it's easier said than done.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what text fecialist. Pause, if you don't mind, I'll hold you over and bring you back to talk a little bit more about what's being proposed and why you know in some cases you're against it or in favor of it more with representative at tex Fisher. We'll take a break care but back in just a few brief few minutes. Hang in.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Beautiful company that provides quality roofing and repairs. Call seven to seven, four ninety four ninety five, one more time for the Channel nine weather forecast. We got a mostly cloudy, partly cloudy day to day isolated soarms most likely to the south of the Ohio River from the city eighty six for a high overnight lois seventy be partly cloudy and muggy. Partly cloudy and muggy again. Tomorrow it's scattered afternoon stour showers eighty eight for the high. Overnight lowis seventy two, again partly cloudy and muggy, and on Wednesday, showers are possible. To remain humid. It'll be a high of eighty eight seventy four. Right now, time for final traffic Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 11: Probably you see how Traffic Center that you see how Brain treamor Center finds answers for some of the most complex frame tumors.
Speaker 1: Learn more and you see help dot Com.
Speaker 11: Cruse continue to work with an accident on southbound seventy five at the ramp to Sharon Road. Right side of the highways blocked off. You can still use the ramp northbound seventy five break btes continue above seventy four.
Speaker 4: Through to Town Street.
Speaker 11: Does a wreck on Glenway at Muddy Creek Schock Kingram one hundred fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty nine coming to an eight fifty fifty five KRCD talk station. Greg Thomas with represented a text fissure here from the State of Ohio Republican at a District fifty nine with some ideas about protecting our rights to access marijuana. Pursuing to the twenty twenty three issue, two fifty seven percent of US voted to legalize marijuana. One of the things that sounds like they're going back to our hemp discussion, the idea that yeah, hemp is hamp and you can't get high on it, but they, you know, they back behind the scenes, they can process this into something that is intoxicating, and it's being sold in you know, places outside of licensed marijuana dispensaries. You know, you got your state licensed you know shops, and then you got your grocery stores, your smoke shops and all that. Isn't there an age limit already in place? Text fis sure that prevents young people from buying it, assuming that the various shops that it's sold at are karting or otherwise following the law.
Speaker 4: So not necessarily.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: The issue that we're dealing with here and is this is just it's sort of a wild West right now. Yeah, And I think that's that's an area of cause, an area of concern for pretty much everybody across the aisle. The issue is you know, are we going to overregulate these products to the point where you put a lot of people out of business? Because of course, like any industry, there are bad actors in this space, but there are also a lot of good people that are following the law, that are invested a lot of money just trying to make a living. And I think whatever we need to do needs to try to strike the appropriate balance of safety and also being pro business and respecting the fact that if we were to ban these products at the state level in Ohio, put these people in Ohio out of business. People just go on the internet by the exact same stuff and we'd have no ability to control it, no ability to test it, to regulate it. So it's, you know, it's the reality of you know, we may not like something, or some folks may not like something, but if they can get it, why don't we just accept that we want to push them into a market. Kind of similar to the conversation about legalizing marijuana is if people were getting, buying, smoking, and jesting marijuana before it was legal, we all understand that, but now that we have a legal market, I think they have a lot of good people in that space that are making sure these products are as safe as they can be and have a lot of quality controls and safety controls, And I think that's the appropriate balance mean to try to find is the reality of people get these stuff, this stuff on the internet. But whatever we do, we should also encourage people to buy Ohio based products and support Ohio hemp farmers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And if there's a reason to buy an Ohio based product, for example, it's been tests that it doesn't have any you know, funguses or things growing in it, and it is safe. I guess maybe part of this conversation about this Delta eight which is derived from this low level THC hemp, is is it the same thing as marijuana in terms of the dangers or harm it might present? Is that a separate discussion that's going on is it's sort of a horse of a different color as compared to marijuana and the intoxicating THHD marijuana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. And I think the big the big issue we have is quality control. And I think that there is there's some folks in the marijuana industry, and I think their right to believe this is that there are some of these retailers and not necessarily the faults of the retailers. So some of these producers that are selling these products labeled as Delta eight and they're just not there's probably excess excess marijuana from another state that they process and pass off because they can sell it to a much larger market outside of dispensaries. So I think number one something that we need to do is make sure that whatever testing regime we include for these tent products is to be able to ensure that these are in fact have derived THHD products and not marijuana prepackaged or a different label. So that's one of the things that I've been pushing for. I don't think there's a whole lot of opposition of that. It's just a matter of, you know, what does the retail regime look like and how burdens them is this regular regime going to be and you know, we still want to make sure that we're allowing these people to stay in business with just you know, the common sense guardrails we all agree on. Kids should be able to buy it, you know, maybe you shouldn't be able to go into a gas station and buy a pre roll joint or something and things like that. Maybe that's the starting point and the common ground that we all have. But there's a lot more to it and secate tricky issue.
Speaker 1: So much and so much more as being learned each and every day about marijuana it's impact on society. Is it really less harmful than alcohol? Because every time we have a discussion like this, text Fisher, I just kept thinking of alcohol. Hell, you can go literally anywhere and not literally, but there's beer is for sale, wine is for sale all over the place. They do it in convenience stores, they do it in you know, liquor stores. It's like, well, if you can manage, that's why is this so extra complicated? It doesn't seem like it should be. I got a real quick for part coming to day, text Fisher. The tax revenue was specifically defined and broken up to four different categories. Where the money goes, right, Social Equity Fund, you know, to help people disproportionately impacted by marijuana laws, to host cities that have dispensaries, the state's Mental and Addiction Service Department, and three percent goes to the state's Cannabis Control Department. Is there an effort to change that where the tax dollars the generated dollars go or is that going to stay the way it is in the law.
Speaker 3: So the tax dollar, the tax dollar provisions, that was another point of contention. I think the original bill as introduced in the Senate would have removed any share for local governments to the local communities that host these dispensaries, to remove their stake in their tax revenue. So while the rest of the categories this did get resolved in the budget, we were thankfully able to retain that thirty six percent for the host communities in perpetuity in the operating budget, which was a big win for I think a lot of us in the House that really felt strongly that we shouldn't be taking these dollars away from these local communities, and a lot of time and a lot of senses, these folks agreed to have the dispensaries on the sole condition of, well, we're going to get revenue and that's going to be enough for us to put the squad car or you know, another hire another firefighter, real important stuff. But we were able to preserve that the rest of the money moving forward will be just directed in the state general revenue find but the local dollars that was a big point of contention, and that was another thing that I was fighting for and really grateful a lot of the other folks in the house we're able to get that done for us.
Speaker 1: Date reversenter tex Fisher. That makes perfect sense. Hey, the reason we have a dispensary in our neighborhood is because we were promised thirty six percent of the revenue. Soh yes, appreciate you moving to protect that one. The text has been having it's been great having on the show. And to the extent you make any further progress or have more developments on this, you have an welcome spot here on the fifty five Cars Morning Show, So keep up the great work. Tax Fisher. It's been good having you on the show.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, sir. Take fifty six fifty five Krcity Talk Station Smith Event. When you can't listen live, go to fifty five cars dot com to the podcast. We talked with Brian James Money Monday, the tariffs and the inflation and what Jerome Powell gonna do. He's in a bit of an undrum. Well's my conversation there with Tex Fisher. Thank you Sean Mann for covering for the vacationing Joe's director today. Brother, I appreciate the work that you did today. Folks, I hope you have a wonderful day. Tune in tomorrow for the Daniel Davis Deep Die and the Bright Bart Inside Scoop, and don't go away because Glennbeck is next. President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if Iran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 3: Another updates at the top of the hour fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by RAP