Speaker 1: Well, it's time to talk SummerSlam, Wald Wall, Summer Slam, some emails. We'll get to those emails right up front here. As we are now just one day away until SummerSlam Saturday and Sunday in Minneapolis, We're gonna go through all twelve matches on the card and give you my thoughts and some wild cards and some news. I'll just start with that. Kevin Owens reportedly is close to returning to WWE. That's according to some sources on X some bigger names in terms of wrestling news, and is he actually gonna come back? I hope.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you do a good quick Google search right now, it's on Sports Illustrated, Yahoo Sports about the potential of Kevin Owens' return to WWE, and others as well, like Randy Orton, Where's Drew McIntyre. So you have three huge names that are maybe close to returning, all within the same month or so. I don't think they're all going to return this weekend, but I think one of the three, between Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, and Kevin Owens, huge names, guys that are difference makers, needle movers, would absolutely make a difference in the product right now, and it's sorely needed in a time where I feel like we are dying for star power and authenticity. So we'll talk about that in terms of the potential of who could return again, I think maybe one of the three is possible, and we'll get into that. But first let's get to the emails, and also let you know that we have an ad free experience over at Patreon and you can get rid of all the ads you hear for as little as three dollars a month over at patreon dot com. Slash WWE podcast. Okay, email time, So let's start with Let's see, we got Curtis, but he has a voicemail. We'll get to him in a moment. We're going to start with Jeff from Calgary. He says, I completely agree with you about there being a total lact of build for SummerSlam. That seems to be wwe'smo this year for ples. Remember how weird it was that there was zero build for the Rumble and Saudi after a major pl I'll give WWE credit for the fact that the card is stacked for SummerSlam, with the potential for some banger matches. Considering the talent involved if given enough time. However, properly building anticipation for matches makes the difference between fans saying I'll check out SummerSlam versus them saying it's must see. I can't afford to miss SummerSlam. Pro wrestling is at its best when a solid match pays off a strong build. Matches on their own can always be good, but they're elevated by compelling story that builds anticipation for the outcome. Well, that's the key element that's been missing from WWE for the last several years, and yes even more so as of late. They don't know how to build anything, or they don't care, or they've run out of ideas or all three.
Speaker 2: They just.
Speaker 1: Again. I don't know if it's a lack of talent or concern for building things properly, but they have not executed well and it has put a damper on the whole season. And we say that almost every WrestleMania season this past year. I remember it's a good point. The Royal Rumble had almost no build, which was ridiculous. Now we have Summer Slam that has a lukewarm build at best. Anticipations have the fun getting yourself geared up for that weekend, thinking about what could happen, getting yourself all riled up, wondering the outcome, wondering about what could happen.
Speaker 2: And it's just.
Speaker 1: I don't haven't felt that way about the product in a long time. So my predictions meaning Jack's not mine, he says, Nights Solo and Keys go over the budline. The bell is in page over Fatal Influence, Gunther over Aldus Sky over Morgan, Femi over Lesner. I'm still holding out for Gunther to retire Lesner and next year's WrestleMania Punk over Rhodes, hoping for a roads he'll turn Night two. Dan Housen over Dirty Dom. After this, Dan Housen needs to go away. I agree Corbyn over Williams. Still not sure why they brought Corbin back when you have talents like draggon Off and Carmelohayes doing nothing. Yes, I've heard that as well. Gable over Penta. Wouldn't be surprised if this steals the show. Balor over Zane. I'm a Samy's Ain fan, but I think it's better for his character if he loses. Charlotte wins the ladder match, and will then continue her program with Cargill rains over Rollins Rollins Win provides fresher time title matches going forward, but tkoc's too much money and rains as Champ keep up good, good content and enjoy Summer Siam minus all the commercials. Well that's the other part of it. Yeah, I mean it's commercials with a side of wrestling. All right, Jeff, thank you. Let's go to Dylan. He says. Oh, okay, a few days ago, I discovered I had a tick submerged on my shin. Thankfully the doctor helped me and got it off. There's no live disease.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think it was a follow up from last week. Well, glad you're you identified the tick on you. I've had a tick as well before. It's uh, just gross and you don't really feel them on you until they're embedded, and then you feel something on you. You're like, oh, you know, it's this lump and you go, I know what that is. It's uh yeah, Well, good glad you got out off Dylan. Let's go to Kuali qualitya from Kenya, and Qualitia says, assuming brock Lesner has his final match this weekend, who do you think should or will be the next Paul Haman guy. If I were to pick, I'd go with Royce Keys. He's got the look and also good in the ring. If you've seen him in aew let me know what you think. I'm gonna take a different direction. I'm gonna say no one else should be a Paul Hayman guy. I mean, he could return to the vision where he's kind of stepped back a bit from, but he could return there and get really behind Bron Breaker. He could do that, and Bron would be better for it. Bron's a decent talker, though it's not as if he's really inept on the mic. He's decent. He could do that, But I would actually argue, perhaps Paul Haymond has a different role. I know he's great in the on air managerial role. He's been legendary with Rock Lesner. He's had a hot minute with Seth Rollins, He's done a lot with cmpunk. I get it. In Roman Reigns, of course, as the oracle or the tribal the wise man. But what if he decides to maybe go to commentary. People forget how good Paul Hayman is on commentary. He's magnificent. If you want a sample, he's done a lot of it in WWE go listen to WrestleMania seventeen. Excellent, he's he's so good on the mic, and you can still utilize his on air personality. But make him a color commentator or you'll throw Wade Barret out the window. Take Corey Graves off. I mean, Paul Hayman would be excellent. Excellent, maybe or make a three men booth. I guess you could do that. I like too, But his talents could be utilized very very well on the announcing side of things. All right, So oh Joey, final email, and he says, before I go into my scenario, I will tell you a gas station story. A few years ago, I was chilling at the counter. It was like eleven o'clock at night, and this customer that's a regular came in. His name is Dennis. He came in, said hi to me, and went to the back where the refrigerators are, and he grabbed one of those nasty burgers already in the plastic bag. The price of them went up to three ninety nine. He used to be two ninety nine for the burger. They aren't bad, but they give you the shits. Dennis, who's a bit of an oddball, came up and bought one of the burgers and paid for it and started yelling, this is just fucking wrong. What kind of fucking beef do you use in these burgers?
Speaker 2: Wagoo?
Speaker 1: I said, I didn't know the company ships them here. Then Dennis pulls the burger out of the bag, keep in mind he paid for it, and then puts it on the floor and proceeds to pull down his pants and underwear and literally shits on the burger and walks out. I was stunned. I called my boss, who then called the police. Dennis must have known we called the police, so he literally picked up the burger with the poop on it with his bare hands and runs away with it down the street. I can see him in the distance of the city lights, still holding the goddamn burger with shit on it. The police came later and I showed them the footage. Later on that night, Dennis comes back holding his shit in a plastic bag and throws it at my counter and then proceeded to stick his fingers in my mouth. Okay, this just this, just did a ninety degree turn. Uh, let me reread that, make sure I got it right. Later that night, Dennis comes back holding his shit in a plastic bag and throws it at my counter and then proceeded to stick his fingers in his mouth. Oh, not my mouth, his mouth, Okay, so miss something there and barked all over the floor, and then called my boss and told him I'm done for the night. I got my to my car and I saw Dennis getting placed in handcuffs and he was yelling, poop, poop, poop. Fuck this life. I drove home after giving I gave the cops a statement and showed them more footage if you want to hear more. I still have Uh, I still have a few. But this is by far the worst encounter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By far, I mean I feel traumatized by reading it. Just the fact that I had to create this scenario that I never experienced in my mind. I feel as if i'm I'm I need some kind of therapy at this point. That is horrible. Damn. I had a feeling it would be bad, but not that bad. At gas stations, you see all kinds of people. Okay, Anyway, here's my scenario for the week. You and Michael Cole are officially best friends from the barbecue. So one day Mike Cole facetimes you and says, I'm bored with the WWE. Let's go to the movies. You jump out of your couch and yell, Yippi a good idea. You and Michael Cole drive his WWE car. You both get to the movie theater and order popcorn and pop for the movie. You're watching. The movie starts and Michael Cole is feeling a bit silly and starts throwing popcorn around, yelling WWE. Food is getting everywhere as everyone in the movie is partaking in this, And the staff closed down the theater and you're in and locks it up and says no one's leaving until Michael Cole and Matt clean all this up. The only problem is people keep throwing food all over the place.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: That's easy. I mean, I'd start dishing out some sweet chin music. I mean, tune up the band. It's dark in there, people can't see it coming. You just stand in the corner, tune up the band and starts, you know, dishing it out. Or I mean you could you could go real extreme, the threatening I have a bomb and saying everybody better shut the fuck up and clean help me clean this, or I'm gonna blow this place up. I mean, you could get crazy, but in reality, yeah, that's another very realistic scenario that I'm gonna have to be concerned about coming up in my life. So if everyone is just throwing food all over the place and only I'm responsible, along with Michael Cole, to clean up the place, I would try to find an emergency exit, do what Obafemi's doing, and just beat up the security guards or police as well as quickly as I can to get out the door, because I'm not cleaning up everyone else. So shit, let me tell you that. All right, And oh gosh, you have an image attached. I'm scared to download it. There it is best threads forever. These are just these are wild, fucking wild. So we're watching Okay, I wish I could post these. I should post these somewhere over the hedge is the movie we're watching. He created an AI image. We both have BFF shirts on. There's food everywhere and there's a sign that says theater locked clean up all popcorn to be released. This uh man, this is disturbing.
Speaker 2: Ai Is.
Speaker 1: It's a net negative of my life at this point because it's too real. You can't discern anymore between reality and what a computer system has generated. So Joey, thank you. Hopefully nobody comes in and shits on the burgers. You guys have so best of luck. All right, let's get to actually, yeah, this has been a while, but let's get to Curtis. He has a quick voicemail, and then we'll get to the official predictions and preview for Summer Slam on the back side of that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Matt, I thought today would be a good time to do a voice email because or a voicemail, whatever you want to call it, because I just got back from an evening walk, beautiful night for a walk, and I was listening to your Monday Night Raw review and I could not agree with you more. I'm sitting there in my living room with a cold one, just enjoying it.
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it at all.
Speaker 3: I did not hate Monday Night Raw up until this fucking segment. And man, all I can say is thank god my woman was in the other room. If she came out and saw this, I would have been just horrified.
Speaker 2: You know, when Dan Housen debuted.
Speaker 3: She unfortunately had to see that, and I told you before on an email a while ago when he debuted, it reminded her and I both of Scooby Doo.
Speaker 2: But then after that it wasn't bad. I gave him a chance.
Speaker 3: You know, he's really bringing in that merch money for TKO and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 2: But I don't hate him.
Speaker 3: I don't, but they really got to reduce his TV time because that bullshit was just so unnecessary, especially for a go home show.
Speaker 2: If that was.
Speaker 3: A normal Monday Night Raw just during the year, still, I would still be fucking embarrassed. You know, I am not joking you. I finished that episode of RAW, and I don't watch NXT up until this past Tuesday. I thought, you know what, I'm gonna give NXT a chance. And I'm not joking you. I thoroughly enjoyed NXT more than Monday Night Raw, and I'm probably gonna be watching a bit more NXT so because I can actually enjoy I mean, it's not perfect, but it's it's better.
Speaker 2: It's better than Monday Night Raw. So my cat was trying to put her pawd on my drink.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Yeah, I just wanted to email you with a voicemail this week because I have no other way to get this off my chest with anybody. My wrestling community circle is very small and limited, so I just thought I would give you a voicemail. I am going to a house show in August. I emailed you with that a while ago, and it can kind of concerns me now because now I'm thinking, what the fuck am I going to get because last couple of days I've been seeing clips of See Them Punk and Cody Roads kissing Dan Housen And if you haven't heard of that, I wish I was lying.
Speaker 2: I wish I was joking, but it's.
Speaker 3: Out there, so if you look it up, not that you'd want to, it's unfortunately out there. And I was hoping it'd be AI or something like that, but I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: But anyway, thanks Matt. Keep doing great work on the pod.
Speaker 3: I listen to it literally every time I'm at work, on my Sunday shifts, sometimes my Monday shifts too, and sometimes like one of them, on my evening.
Speaker 2: Walks just going around the town. So thanks Matt Curtis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good to hear from you for the first time I did see this, and unfortunately was a it stumbled across my feed I have been burned forever with that. And if you haven't seen it, I guess viewer beware, or if you don't care, whatever, the fact that Seampunk kiss Dan Housen at a house show, why, you know, Like, what are we doing here? Is it supposed to be funny? It's just it's just not why. Yeah, that's what I want to see a week before the biggest title defense of his career. I want to see him kissing other wrestlers at house shows.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: That really gets me going, That engages me for SummerSlam, really gets me excited for the show.
Speaker 2: And the match.
Speaker 1: It's just and Punk is incredible on the microphone. We all know that that's an undeniable fact, how good he is. And in the ring, yeah, I mean he's showing me still at the top of his game, put on one of the greatest matches I've ever seen with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania. None of that can be taken away, But what the fuck are we doing here? I don't need to see you kissing other dudes. Whether it's supposed to be funny or not like that that's not doesn't what is it supposed to do?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: It's all in good fun fun for what there's what's the reason here? I don't know, but yeah, that that Dan Housen segment. It has been thoroughly destroyed, demolished, embarrassed as it should be. And I agree. My circle of wrestling fans in my life is very very small as well, which is why a lot of us come here and talk to other people that we don't even know or have met in our lives, and we connect over wrestling. That's what a lot of us do. So could you imagine if you had somebody who is like a WrestleMania fan that only comes in for the big stars and the big moments, and they still ask about Attitude era wrestlers. I have a few friends like that, and I'm sure maybe some of you do too, where they're only interested in his Hey Austin, did he did stone Cold show up and stun anyone? Did the Rock come back? That's the kind of like wrestling fans I have in my life. Very few actually still watch regularly. So that's also a great outlet for me here because I can come and talk to you guys about it. But imagine bringing in somebody in your personal life to watch raw and they're like, Okay, you know what, I'm going to give it a chance. And imagine them sitting there watching that. How embarrassed would you be? I mean, if you can be embarrassed sitting by yourself alone with no one there and you feel ashamed of yourself for consuming this content, imagine bringing in a person that's in your real life. That's how That's how bad it was. And I'm trying to move on from it. I think they'll learn from it. But whoever was involved in it needs I mean, you just need to be fired. It's that egregious of a mistake. It's not a whoopsie. Well we tried. We had a good idea, it just wasn't well executed. See, there are sometimes good ideas that just aren't executed well, like heel turns or baby face turns or title changes. Fine, or a stipulation in a match. Fine that I get that. I can appreciate the effort, and sometimes it just doesn't go the way that you think it's going to go, or it doesn't play out the way you think it's going to. But there's not any excuse for designing this or trying to execute it that is a good idea. It is a cancer to professional wrestling when you see this shit. And there's been things like this too. I mean, Dan Housen has been evolving into more and more of just a plain walking cartoon. And he's had some decently chuckled chuckle a bowl segment, segments. He's done decently in his role backstage. But the moment you bring him out and you put him in front of a crowd, the crowd receives him well, but he always has to have some other ridiculous antics or people or midgets or boxes or toys or magic tricks, and you may say, well, that's part of his charm, but you'll see on raw you can overdo it very quickly and it'll come out horribly. So I would agree with a lot of the listeners here that he needs to go away for a little bit. They won't do it because, as you said, Curtis, they look at him as a money machine. In fact, what I think they're going to do is the opposite and continue on this path, if not show him more, because they are making him, they're making TKO money hand over fist. I don't want to hear any of the reason that he's there. That's the only reason he's there, despite the fact that he's had seventeen matches and he's been victorious in these seventeen matches, is really irrelevant. It's just the fact that he's a walking cartoon that a lot of people connect with, and including the much the younger audience and some older ones. But this is how you lose the older ones. You lose the older ones, meaning anyone over twelve by doing this kind of just horrifically bad bullshit and when he's out there just too much. But what I'm hearing is he's going to have an ice cream truck at SummerSlam. All this other you know, he's going to do something ridiculous at SummerSlam. So they have put themselves in a precarious position with this character. And I'd be very very very cautious about how I present him and how much I present him over the next week or two and give fans maybe a chance to breathe. The thing is, you know they won't because TKO just cannot help themselves and will forego everything and anything to make money and feel that if he's not on TV, how our kid's going to be reminded to go buy his merch? So good good stuff, Curtis, thank you. Anybody who else wants to send a voicemail, you can do that. You can do that via email, you know, just email me mail back at wwepodcast dot com. You can create a voice memo in your phone and just send it as a file. So I don't mind playing voicemails as long as there are about three minutes or less. I don't want any ten minute rants. I understand the needs sometimes, but if you can keep it three minutes or less, I'd have no problem doing what we just did here. Okay, let's get to the damn card. Talk about some big time matchups, because, as I've said over the last several weeks, this show has been poorly built. I'm not that excited based on the build they've shown me because of the back and forth, the lack of the women's matches being feeling important at all. Cody and Punk have feeling like they kind of just rinse and repeat their build over and over. There's no real story there. What's the story that CM Punk quote unquote accidentally hit Cody with the belt strap and then oh, I did this on purpose and they just start shoving each other. What how is there no actual backstory here? Give us some insight into the last fifteen years that he kept them apart. What's going on? Give us something? There's no story and these two are ultra talented on the mic. I don't get it. Obafemi Brock. Okay, let's just get into it. We'll start on Saturday and we'll go from bottom to top.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: The six women tag team match with the bellatwins in Page versus Fatal Influence. This is actually a tough one in a couple of ways, one in the outcome and two in just being able to watch. This is gonna be tough because I despise the Bellas as we all know, and it's hard to watch a match when you actually despise them as people, not just as a wrestling character, like as who they are as actual human beings when the camera's off. But the bellotwins in Page again, Page is the just a complete victim in all of this. I feel the most for Pages. I've said after this, this needs to be her final tag team match forever, not just for a little while, like forever. Page is an underutilized talent. Now that Nikki's back, she can go back with her sister, and as a forty one year old women, they can continue to do their stripper dances and pretend that wearing their hat backwards is sexy somehow or something. I don't know, but Page needs to get the fuck out of the women's tag team division because she has not even it's she returned, but it's almost as if she didn't because she's so hidden. So who wins this? Nicki just returned. I'm gonna go with the bellatwins and Page, even though I think Fatal Influence should. My guess is the way w w E books that. Since Nicki just returned and she's one of the quote unquote I guess stars in the women's wrestling I wouldn't put her that way, but she's got name value, she does. I think that they'll have her win and get the get things started off right if this is the first match of the night, Okay, So bellatwin's and Paige win, and then Page can do what she's best at, and that's stay in the singles division. The men's six man tag team match. La Knight Solo soaka Royce Keys Versus Jacob Fattu and the USOS. This one seems pretty pretty easy for me. I'd give this a sixty five percent chance of the Babyfaces winning here, Ellie Knight, Solo, and Royce. The reason is no one gives a shit about Jacob Fattu and the USOS right now. We don't know how to feel about them. Are they with Roman are they not? They're Romans ignoring their business, but they're kind of helping him but not really. And they're acting like heels at times and the other times they're not and humping up the crowd and Jay's running it back. But then they're going after Ellie Knight, so we're supposed to boo him. It is a fucking mess. So I think Alley Knight and Solo, especially Solo and his momentum as a babyface, this new fun, laid back Solo, you need to have him win here, and especially also with Royce Keys, Royce Keys being on the rise, new to the roster getting some rub from the other guys, need this team to win. So I think Solo, La and Royce win. I don't want anybody turning on anybody by the way, no Solo turning on night or Royce turning on night or Night turning out nothing. Everybody stays in their lane and we have a nice babyface win with Solo Socoa at the forefront. Okay, this next match is very interesting to me, and more interesting to me than initially I had in my mind, and it's Nick Alldos versus Gunther And the biggest driver of that is the fact that Chris van Vliet had interviewed Nick Alldos and he just posted a couple days ago, and Nick Aldos got very emotional about his upcoming match and talking about how much this means to him, and he was crying with Chris van Vliet and he was saying, how people don't know how hard I work to come back. You know, he's worried about how he's going to perform given the fact he hasn't had a match in three years. So go watch it. It is such a genuine, very heartwarming moment. And I don't say that often here, but that did more for Nick Alldos, for me and probably anyone else viewing that than three years as a GM. And he did an excellent job as GM. Excellent probably one of the best GM roles I've ever seen, and that GM role has been going on for what twenty plus years more than that, So this is a tough tough one to call. I want. I actually don't even care who wins this. It's not about that. For me. It's how does Nick look? And I hope he looks awesome and I think he will. That's to me on a human level, what I hope is the end result. But who wins? You know, Gunther should win. Gunther should win, and I think he will. That's my prediction because you just had him beat John Cena in his retirement match. How can you have him lose to a guy that hasn't had a match in three years. Gunther should win this despite the fact that nig All this is going to put up a hell of a fight and I think we'll get a standing ovation from the crowd at the end. Live Morgan and Eosky in the Women's World Championship. I gotta say I'm not interested, and I hate saying that, but number one, we just saw this at the last PLA What Night of champions So we just saw this. They have not done a whole lot to build this and the match itself will be fine ten twelve, thirteen minutes. I think Eosky will win only because Live hasn't defended it in a while. That's usually a telltale sign that they're about to drop the title from you the next time you do defend it. So I think Eoski will win. And that's really all I have to say. O befem me rock Lesner hell in a cell, Well, this one is very interesting. They have done an okay job promoting this match. I wouldn't say it's been awesome, nor would I say it's terrible. It's been okay. I think that this match will go twelve to fourteen minutes, maybe longer, and there'll be blood. They'll be incredible feats of strength. Perhaps somebody actually lifts the cell up so they can climb through or something crazy like that, or actually rips the cell wall off or something like that. The mesh steel will get pulled off of the hinges, something along those lines. Someone will actually rip the door off like Caine did in ninety seven. That's why I think Obafemi will do that to get to Brock Lesnar where Brock thinks he has him where he wants him. Brock gets outside the cell, just like he did on Raw. And then Obafemi gets his adrenaline going and has some incredible feet of star strength where he is actually able to tear through the cell, and then they fight outside the cell. They might fight on top, they don't have to fight on top, but we always love that. I don't need anyone taking a bump through the cell. I don't need anyone playing the role of Mick Foley, but there needs to be violence, blood, and incredible feats of strength. I'd give this a ninety five percent chance of Obafemi winning. I would be floored if this is Obafemi looking up at the lights and he loses, I would find it hilarious. I wouldn't get mad, but people would riot if Brocklesner wins, despite the fact they're in Minneapolis, it's not his hometown anymore though, by the way, it hasn't been his hometown in like fifteen years or more. So I think this is not brock Lesner's final match by the way, either. I think brock will go to WrestleMania. There's two big of a payday with Saudi involved for brock lesn to miss that. So I think Oba wins broc goes into hiding, he'll show back up at the Rumble as he does, and then WrestleMania forty three will be Brocklesner's final match in Saudi against perhaps Gunther. All Right, see I'm punk Cody Roads easily could be match of the night. Yes, I don't know how this isn't match of the night, may not be Match of the weekend, but it should be a candidate for it. Excuse me, I think this this match should be should be memorable. Do I see a return here? Potentially? Is there a turn here? Potentially? I think you could have Drew McIntyre interfere. If you want to keep Cody Rhodes babyface, he could interfere and screw Cody. Cody and Drew have a long history. If you're gonna have Drew mcatyre appear here, you could have Randy Orton appear here as well. They have unfinished business from WrestleMania. Remember we haven't seen Randy in like three and a half months, and Cody beat Randy as we all know, So you could have Randy Orton screw Cody here. But to me, the more interesting thing beyond Drew McIntyre coming in or Randy coming in, is Cody turning heel? That would be beautiful. You could have Cody Rhoades do something cheating to win, taking advantage of an opportunity of a moment. And he has said I need to win now. He's said that before, but he's really laid that on thick this time. And when someone needs to do something, they'll do anything to get that result, despite the fact that it morally may be questionable. So I think in a twenty minute excellent match, probably four at a five star match, Cody Rhodes ends up using Punk retains because unless you're gonna turn Cody heel, there is just absolutely no interest in seeing him as champion right now none. So you could have a Cody Heel turn if he becomes champion, but if you're not, if you're not gonna turn Cody heel, then Punk stays champion. You could also turn Cody after the match where Punk beats Cody flat, there's no interference, no Drew McIntyre, no Randy Orton, and you have punkin Cody hugging and he holds up Punk's hand and it's almost as if it's like you were the better man tonight. And then he kicks see him punk right in the balls. You could have that for me. The end results should be the same. Cody should turn heel here. I feel like I'm screaming into the void about that. It should be on the table, though there is no interest in Cody being champion again for a fourth time. Okay, let's get to Sunday, Dan Housen and Dom for whatever the hell this is. This is a human of money's on a pole.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Dan Housen wins to keep his streak alive. Lots of Shenanigan's nonsense, magic community theater, all of the horribleness wrapped into one, and Dan Housen wins. That's all I gotta say. Undisputed Championship Number one contenders match Sammy's a and Finn Balor.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: It's tough because you could have Sammy louse and go on another escapade of losing his mind over this and he shouldn't even be in this position, but he's here, and if he wins, he gets a shot at the number at the Championship. I know people are saying, Finn, I think Sammy wins. He's interesting as hell as in the Championship in the championship picture. He has proven to be an overachiever in that in that site, and he got screwed over being champion for what nine days? That to me doesn't speak heal. Sammy is once again kind of towing the line. Do we see a potential return here, meaning Kevin Owens. If Kevin Owens is ready, this is where you could slot him in and help have him help Sammy. Maybe I'm not calling for that. That's not my official prediction. I'm just saying it's a dark horse possibility. If not, I think Sammy should win, and I'm gonna pick Sammy in a great match Trick Williams and Baron Corbin for the United States Championship. This is seemingly well. I was gonna say Trick Williams, but Baron Corbin's back, He's got some heat. You don't want him to just keep losing and losing and losing. I'm gonna say Trick Williams retains, though in a fun maybe I don't know, nine to ten minute match Pent and Chad Gable. Yes, people are looking at this as the potential match of not just the night, but of the weekend for the Intercontinental Championship. This one is a seemingly lock that Chad Gable wins, and he should. There's no need to fuck around. Chad Gable needs to make this his moment, to capitalize on his momentum from the crowd. And it's cooled off already because people have no attention spans and WWE didn't strike when they should have. But and they also made him into it a you know, emasculated him into this apologetic little bitch. But Chad Gable is still a hell of a wrestler. This is going to be an excellent, excellent match. Yes, it could be a match of the Weekend contender. At least on paper, Chad Gable should win. There's there's not even a question. Okay, the interim WWE Women's Championship Ladder match Tiboty Stratton, Jade Cargill, Charlotte Flair and Chelsea Green versus. I don't know whoever that person will be to fill in for the fifth person. This seemingly is easy, but we'll find out. I think it should be Charlotte. We've seen what Jade can do with the championship. She was fine, But I think right now it should be Charlotte. Chelsea Green would be a fun pick because she's so beloved by fans. Tiffany no one has any interest in anymore. Tiffany though, is easily her biggest fan. She's on social media worrying about being an influencer, not being a wrestler. Go look at her, all of her stuff. It's just it's just headshaking. She's so much more interested in getting likes than she is actually competing in a ring. But Charlotte Flair should win this in what is going to be I think a really good match. I'm interested to see if Jade is continuing to improve. I'll be keeping my eye on her. Whoever that fifth person is, I don't know, but I think it will be Charlotte. Although that fifth person, what if it's Becky Lynch. That's out there all right. And then the main event, Roman Reigns seth Rollins for the World Heavyweight Championship. I'll say right off the bat, Roman Reigns is gonna win this. I have high confidence. But it's not a lock that Roman wins this. Why because TKO does not want Roman Reigns to drop the championship because he's a cash cow. It's it's comes down to a lot of it is money ratings, and I get that, actually, not faulting TKO on that. It's just business. Seth Rollins is not quite the draw that Roman Reigns is. It's just a fact. So given that I think Roman will win, on top of the fact that Roman has not yet beat Seth Rollins in this in this platform, one on one, you're gonna have to have Roman get that monkey off his back so he retains the championship. Seth ends up losing. Roman contained retains his championship and gets the monkey off his back and these two go their separate ways, maybe forever that maybe the last time. I don't think that there's any interference here. I hope not. Anyway, I don't need any third party here. I don't need the Rock, which is not what I'm picking, but I don't need anybody. This should be one on one and Roman just beat Seth in what could be an excellent match of the night easily or match of the weekend candidate. These two have a lot of good chemistry, a lot of history, and I'm looking forward to it. I know a lot of people aren't, and a lot of people are bored by this, but I like it I do all right. So there you are there my predictions. We got yours in, we got your emails in, we got a voicemail in. Now we need you, guys to go add free at patreon dot com slash wwe podcast, or you can head on over to Apple Podcasts and just subscribe there. We've got a great way for you to listen there, or on Spotify or anywhere else that podcast are available. So I'll be back. I'm gonna be out of town tomorrow night. I'll still be able to watch Summer Slam, but I won't be able to I don't think do a review because I'll be in a place I can't review. I'm not at home, So I'll be definitely doing a show, maybe even Sunday before Summer Slam Night two. I'll do a Summer Slam review of Night one Sunday, you see what I mean. So I'll put out the Night one review before Night two happens, and then of course i'll do the Night to review subsequently after that, maybe early Monday or right after the show on Sunday, but I'll get them out to as quick as as I can. You can follow me on x if you want to see my kind of play by play takes on the show at Wrestling Underscore Audio, and I hope you guys enjoy the show. I do think when all is said and done, we will come out of it going that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I think that we'll come out of it saying, you know what, despite the fact this build was just shitty, the wrestler's delivered because now it's up to the wrestlers. TKO didn't do their part, WWE management didn't do their part of promoting it and building it. But now the wrestlers have a chance to go out and over deliver, and I think they will. Generally speaking, that'll do it. Everybody enjoy the show. I'll be in contact as soon as I can about the reviews and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.