Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Easy Bondon's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, this is a relatively complicated story and I'm hoping that some of you in the audience can back me up on this, and if there is an aspect of the story that I'm missing, feel free to participate. There is a there's a story, there's a backstory, and there's a history. Let's talk history first. Okay. The the country of Yemen has been in a civil war for a long time, and Yemen was invaded by this group called the Hooties, not Hooty and the Blowfish, but Hoodie terrorists. According to the White House, since night since twenty twenty three, hoody terrorists have attacked US Navy warships one hundred and seventy four times, attack commercial shipping vessels one hundred in forty five times, and as a result, seventy five percent of US flagged shipping has been forced to navigate the southern coast of Africa rather than through the Sious Canal. Now again from the White House, the current White House perspective, and this I believe is factual, Joe Biden took the Hooties off the list of foreign terrorist organizations. Donald Trump immediately redesignated the Hooties as a foreign terrorist organization. According to the White House, their view, former President Biden had allowed the Hooties to attack you US Navy ships and shut down commercial traffic through the Red Sea, responding to what they would call a inffeckless pinprick attacks. Apparently, the Trump administration hit the Hooties pretty hard on Saturday, March fifteenth, which in of itself is a big story. However, yesterday, yesterday, the editor in chief of the Atlantic, which is a magazine I'm not even sure if if it's just a digital magazine or if there is still a hard copy of it, but which has been very critical of the Trump administration. The Atlantics editor in chief, a gentleman named Jeffrey Goldberg, received the notice on his phone that he had been included in a group chat on signal, which is called a commercial messaging app. Now, I've never been on signal, man, I'm not going to pretend to be on signal. I've never worked in the White House. I've never been on one of these conversations with the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of State, the head of the FBI, and everyone else who was on the chat, the D and I director, et cetera, the president's national security advisor, Michael Waltz. But apparently they had a conversation with about a dozen people from the Trump administration, and somehow, some way, it is believed that it was an accident in which Goldberg was invited by an aid to Mike Waltz, the President's national security advisor. Now it could be that Waltz was trying to develop a better relationship Goldberg, and maybe that's why they number was on the phone. But the bottom line is that Goldberg is basically on a very high level conversation in advance of the Hoodies' attacks, the attacks on the hoodies, and basically he didn't write the story, thank god he didn't. And the attacks took place a day or so later, and it was it was very effective, very effective attack. If it had leaked out, it could have been a huge disaster for a whole bunch of reasons. We have from Goldberg in Atlantic Magazine. Some of the verbatim conversation that included the Vice president and included others including the Secretary of Defense Pete Haig's death. The Vice President is quoted As saying I fully share your this looks like it's it's haig Seth saying I fully share your loathing of European free loading. It's pathetic. But Mike, meaning Mike Walls, is correct. And at this I believe is heg Set speaking this. We're the only ones on the planet on our side of the ledger can do this. Nobody else even close. Question is timing. I feel like now is as good as a time as any given Potus as director to reopen shipping lanes. I think we should go, But Potas still retains twenty four hours of decision space. And it's a fascinating story because it, first of all, never should have happened this way number one. Number two, it shows that mistakes can be made, and mistakes was certainly made here. Now, when I get back, I'm going to talk about what the President had to say about it today and what Secretary Defense Heggset had to say about it today. But most importantly, I want to hear what you think. Is this a minor of mistake. I would have assumed that something at this level discussing an attack on Yemen, on the hoodies in Yemen, which becomes an attack on Yemen. I would have assumed that something like that would have been set up by communications teams. And why they were on some sort of an app that apparently could be hacked is, in my opinion, a fundamental mistake that the Trump administration should not have made. How the Atlantic editor was invited to join the chat is beyond my bay grade. I have no idea. So if some of you out there were smarter on this stuff than me, that we can work our way through it. And of course the Democrats are ready to rip This is the first well, this is not the first controversy of President Trump's second term, but it's the first ball that was dropped. This is the first error. I don't think there's any way to describe it other than that. So with that, we'll take if you want to get on and weigh in on this, uh and tell me it is a tempest in a teapot, or you can tell me that this is the biggest thing since Watergate, uh or somewhere in between six one seven, two thirty, six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the editor of the Atlantic Monthly, Jeffrey Goldberg on MSNBC, talking about what he saw during this White House chat in advance of the attack on the Hooties, which came about twenty four hours later. Cut Ford, please, Rob.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be responsible here and not disclose the things that I read and saw. I will describe them to you. The specific time of a future attack, specific targets, including human targets meant to be killed in that attack, weapons systems, even even weather reports. You know that the government is is. I don't know why hexcepth was sharing it with everybody.
Speaker 2: So Hegseth is the Secretary of Defense. Uh and he, I guess was on in Hawaii when he was asked about this. He's pretty direct. Cut number three, Rob, post details shared on signal And how did you learn that a journalists was privy to the targets, the types of weapons used.
Speaker 4: Heard.
Speaker 5: I've heard I was characterized nobody was texting war plans and that's all I have to say about that.
Speaker 2: You meantime, the President was asked and he weighed in a cut one.
Speaker 5: Your reaction to the story of the Atlantic that said that some of your top account officials and aids have been discussing very sense of material from Signal, and it included an Atlantic reporter for that. What is your response to that, markets.
Speaker 6: I don't know anything about it. I'm not a big fan of The Atlantic. It's to me it's a magazine that's going out of business. I think it's not much of a magazine. But I know nothing about it. You're saying that they had what.
Speaker 5: They were using signal to poor date on sets of materials and.
Speaker 2: Having to do with what, having to do with what? What were they talking about?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: The woies? The hoodies?
Speaker 6: You mean the attack on the hood is, Well, it couldn't have been very effective, because the attack was very effective. I can tell you that I don't know anything about it. You're telling me about it for the first time.
Speaker 2: So yes, the all reports are that the attack on the Hoodies on the fifteenth of March was very effective. Now, whether or not that stops them from being resupplied by Iran, we'll figure that one out. But let me work some phone calls in here. Let's start it off with I'm going to start off with Mike is in Beverly Mike your reaction to this controversy, the right ahead.
Speaker 7: Mike, Hey, Dan, how are good? Even can hand me?
Speaker 2: Budy, I can hear you find go right ahead.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I listen to this all day. So play information.
Speaker 8: This is pore.
Speaker 7: I have all of this information for a week and he just disclosed the last night before Kelsey Gabber and the CIA gab We're going on on a hearing today about the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well here, I mean, he chose the time to disclose this, and and as a journalist that's his right to do. I certainly would be a little skeptical, and I think you're skeptical of the timing. The hearing in Washington today was not to talk about this. The hearing in Washington today is an annual was an annual report that members of our intelligence community, including the FBI director and the c I A director and a couple of US military higher ups, were to report to a US Senate committee on our status. You know what could be told publicly. They might they also do behind the door meetings, but yeah, you're right, it was it was. It was chosen. The release time was chosen by the editor of the Atlantic, and that was it was released yesterday.
Speaker 9: I'm on the phone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so uh yeah, so uh Michael Wallace doesn't know this gentleman doesn't really caddo. As far as the gentleman goes, he's been he's he's a Trump.
Speaker 2: We We've covered that. But the bottom line is this, this was sloppy by the Trump administration. You're going to have a conversation that includes the Vice President, the head of the c i A, the Secretary of State. You're talking about the probably the the ten or twelve most important people in the administration, and somehow it's like they're on a party line and on the other end of the party line is the editor of the Atlantic magazine, the editor in chief. I mean, that's just sloppy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Dan, one second, Dan, this signal app was installed on on I can't remember the guy who was testified today on his computer the minute he got sworn in, so he said out today. So whatever the signal app ow the political party is used. That app also just play information. Other ones use it too.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, no, I get that. But what I'm trying to say to you something of this import I don't. I would assume that the White House has a communications team in which.
Speaker 7: When they have but they have this app, Dan, So what part, what other app or whatever can you use that this is what the the political people use to communicate with, in.
Speaker 2: My opinion, In my opinion, this has embarrassed the Trump administration. The Democrats obviously are going to beat the drum, as they have every right to do. If this happened under Joe Biden, the Republicans would be as equally as critical. All I'm just saying is I think that when you're doing something like this, you have to have as many people as possible in a secure room where nothing can be hacked. My understanding is, and I'm not an expert, Mike, but my understanding is that this app so called can easily be hacked. Now, it wasn't hacked. Apparently, somehow someone made the mistake on the Trump team to basically loop this guy in. He got a notice. He'd be like if I got a notice on my phone that said, Hey, Mike's having a big conversation with President Trump, You're going to listen into the conversation.
Speaker 10: Uh, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Get the point, Dan, Yeah, but playing all over the place, not everyone is one, Like Trump said, today, not everyone is in the isolated location. Well, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Mike is you're defending the Trump administration, which is fine. I would expect you to do so. Okay, However, this is nonetheless a distraction and embarrassment. Uh that Thankfully the the the attack was not compromised in any way. Uh. No US personnel, you know, air personnel were shot down.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so there's not nice sometimes. I get it. We talked about We've talked about that on this show. You know that. All I'm just saying is, to some extent, if all of a sudden tonight the the Hooties had a couple of US pilots you know, shot you know, in their possession, this would take the thing. This should be a lesson to the Trump administration and to all of them too. They got to have a communications system that's set up by members of the military who have top secret clearance. So the only people who are involved in these conversations are the people supposed to be involved. This is a cautionary tale, and the White House should should thank their lucky stars that there was nothing worse that came out of this other than some a little embarrassment.
Speaker 7: I guess my player of the dam having difficultly was the signal application is the app that the White House and all the politically we used. So you're saying use the signal, it's not the correct application to use.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is that the White House must have communications technicians and communications experts who are far beyond my capability. I would think that if the President Trump turned to Elon Musk and said, hey, what do you use? What type of communication do you use when you don't want anyone to hack your conversations? I'll bet you Elon Musk could give them some suggestion.
Speaker 7: Yeah. But just like I said, the information the advocation was installed on. I can't think of a guy's name the minute he got sworn in. Recently, I can't. He was on Tell the right today, I can't think of a guy's name. But anyways, that's what he said today that like this is what they use.
Speaker 2: Well, they need they need to find they need to find the more secure, they need to find a more secure and sale.
Speaker 7: The Trump administration. That's whoever works and whoever does the back channel stuff, not the Trumps.
Speaker 2: I think I think we both made up points Mike, So I'm gonna let you move on this one. Thank you much, good day. I appreciate your point of view. As always, were coming right back on nights Side, the only line opening six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Why is it so hard for Trump supporters to simply say, hey, this was a mistake and we might have dodged a bullet here, and we're going to make sure this mistake doesn't happen again. Back on Nightside right after this, it's.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WASY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about this controversy that has sprung up today. And please if I'm not going to repeat it totally, but it involves the White House and a conference call that was done on an app called Signal and included in the group which included the Vice President and the Secretary of State and the Secretive Events and other high ranking members of the Trump team. They were talking about the attacks that took place on March fifteenth, the were to take place on March fifteenth, which did occur, and they were talking on Thursday, and they looped in somehow, some way. The executive editor of Atlantic Monthly, the Atlantic magazine, I should say. And as a consequence of that, the Atlantic Magazine editor in chief Monthly Atlantic Monthly. It is a magazine. Jeffrey Goldberg broke the story today, and there were other members of the administration who were on that call, who just happened to be in front of a Senate committee hearing today. But I've got callers. I want to get to them. We're probably going to spend a couple of hours on this. Whatever your point of view, you are more than welcome. Let's keep rolling here. Going to go next to uh, Mike in Brighton, Mike right ahead.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, I got a few things if we're going to try to reply to some of your questions here, like.
Speaker 2: The well replied all my questions to tell me what you think, Mike, no problem, go.
Speaker 10: Ahead, Okay, Uh, why why didn't Trump just submit this? Uh what you asked? H I'm going to say, there's there's a there's a yearsen or no to that. First of all, he he the the way the Democrats acted, your demand, demanding demeaning that they always all these people resign? Are you kidding me? Resign the whole half the cabinet? So of course he can't say of course, you know they kin't. They kind of admit, you know that if these people are gonna go like that, and you and you have to know that that's way that's completely feigning outrage us.
Speaker 2: He characterized it that way back. All he has to say is, hey, look, this was a mistake. We regret the mistake that the attack. Let me tell you what. I'm not going to take a lot of your time, but but at the same time, you you're making points here that no one is asking for half the cabinet to resign. Let's just let's keep it to the fact. They were.
Speaker 10: They were, they were, they were all asking that.
Speaker 2: The only person who I heard that they asked to resign and he's not going to resign is the Defense Secretary of Pate Pete Hag's death. Who else did they ask to resign?
Speaker 10: Well, I got more to go here.
Speaker 2: I know you do, but I just want to correct you. It's not half the cabinet.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, go yeah. Now, Now the other way, what happens if this wasn't a mistake, and there are a couple of ways that could might not be a mistake. First of all, first of all, do you know that this app was was was was invented welling for use by the Biden administration. They had on one of their computers and it.
Speaker 2: Was just in it over by the was it invented? But it's like any app that it is out there today, it's available. I'm just saying they now know that there's a flaw in it, they should say we're not going to use that app. We're going to find the most secure app. And they got Elon Musk. Go to him and say, this is a guy who puts rockets in the air and brings the rockets back to the ground. This is this is the smartest guy in the world. Go to him and say, give us create an app or show us an app that will work. He owns to come.
Speaker 10: You're killing you're killing like time here, there's other ways. What happened? What happens? What happens if there's a there was a mole. First of all, there were eighteen people, not twelve that you kept saying, one of which that gold were refused to identify. What happens if those one person didn't identify, Well, it was actually an anti Trump person who slipped this. Uh that that definitely needs this whole thing needs to be investigated the Democrats.
Speaker 2: You gotta do, Mike, They're gonna do They're gonna Democrats.
Speaker 10: No, that's what the Trump bud needs to.
Speaker 2: Let him all do it. Let him all do it. But why is it so difficult to admit that, Look, it was a mistake.
Speaker 10: I do Why because I mean, did you did you hear some of that that Senate hearing? These listened to a.
Speaker 2: Lot of it today, Yes, I did you want to hear?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Play some of it for the audience.
Speaker 2: I will in the next hour and a half, I promise you. Okay, Yeah, I want to get to as many calls. So look, I just I'm telling you that the Democrats are gonna take advantage of this politically, Okay, matter of fact, they're gonna play right for you. This is a Democratic Senator Mark Warner. He's not an AOC type Democrat. He's more of a traditional liberal Democrat. Senator Mark Warner of Virginia rob for Mike's dining and dancing pleasure. Please please play cut number twenty. This will support what you're saying. Go ahead, So no cut twenty.
Speaker 11: The signal fiasco is not a one off. It is, unfortunately a pattern we're seeing too often repeated. I fear that we feel the erosion of trust from our workplace, from our companies, and from our allies and partners can't be put back in the bottle overnight. Make no mistake, these actions make America less safe.
Speaker 2: That's going to be the point of attack. The Republicans need to be able to respond.
Speaker 10: I mean, but that's that's true hypocrisy coming from them. These are the same These are the same people that that lit all the millions of legal immigrants come in. They nothing about nothing, nothing about Afghanistan, you knowing grime, you know all that stuff. I mean, all right, Okay, look.
Speaker 2: Mike made a lot of good points. I got a bunch of people behind you. I gave you five minutes some great points. Thank you very much. Appreciate your card. Let me go next to Patrick in DC. Patrick, your next one nights, go right ahead, and the.
Speaker 9: Hot air just keith on coming, doesn't it? It just doesn't stop.
Speaker 7: You know, one thing you got.
Speaker 9: To understand, if we if you want to talk about Democrats and Republicans hopping on everything, if they can find some hot air, they're gonna go ahead and add to the balloon. You know, that's what they do. And keep in mind right now it is, you know, twenty minutes before eleven. It is March twenty fifth. We have short memories, folks, We have short memories.
Speaker 7: This can go.
Speaker 9: By the wayside real fast and here comes the next one. It is sloppy. It is sloppy. It is what mister Warner said. You know, it's not only but them the Presidency or the White House, it's everybody. We're all playing too much with these start smartphones, and we're forgetting our ground game, and we're forgetting the fact that we can really look somebody in the eye, who we trust and who we count on day in and day out. And this stuff is like getting in the getting in the way. There's there's It is cavalier, There's no doubt about it. It really disturbs me because the Russians see how we're acting, and they can interfere, and we we have no business giving anybody the slightest little room to interfere in any capacity. I don't in my in my daily life, I don't give anybody any room or anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we all make you know, I mean beatri We all make mistakes. And I think that the Trump administration since day one has been acting at mark mark five speed the breaking sound barriers. And I think that whenever you do too much too quickly. And I think a lot of it has been done quickly, and some of it needed to be done quickly. Certainly, I think the border closing or the the relative the relative closing of the border has been effective. You know, stick with you know what you know best. If there is was an attack to be done on the hoodies, you know, line it up, get the people involved, put them in a skiff somewhere, have them talk about it, go back and forth. There apparently was some conversation. I think the Vice president was advocating against this attack at this time for a bunch of reasons. Uh and and you don't want that stuff coming out publicly, and it was They would be a lot smart, if smarter, in my opinion, if they said, guess what the best thing to do when you when you get caught doing something wrong is simply say I'm sorry, we goofed out, We won't it won't happen again. It's very disarming. I mean, that's what I think all of us have figured that out. But everybody, Yeah, no, I'm just saying the Republicans dig in their heels, the Democrats go on the attack. And when Bogrum happened and get Abygate happened in August of twenty twenty one and thirteen Marines were killed in one hundred and sixty four, we forget about the one hundred and sixty four Afghans who were killed in that bombing. Is on that same day and that same moment, the Democrats were at that point trying to say, well, it's not our fault, it was Trump's fault. And you know how it goes. It's just everybody. The only people thing that people are effective in Washington is pointing fingers at the other guy. It's their fault, not our fault. And if we screw up, there was no one gets you. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: It just.
Speaker 2: We are so badly divided. Anyway.
Speaker 9: Well, I appreciate listening to your radio program. I appreciate listening to you. When I get to make a phone call where I get to listen more from you and pull out a little bit more. I'm very grateful and I'm very very lucky, and I thank you very much for Wickie.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that this is going to have I appreciate that. By the way, thank you. You overstate my ability. All I'm trying to do is play a little Devil's Advocate with everybody here and say, hey, look, get ahead of it. It's always the cover up. We learned that in Watergate. We have learned it every time there's a controversy, whether it was a ron contra or of more recent vintage, get in front of it and say, hey, guess what, somewhere there was a mistake made. We're going to find out why. We appreciate the fact as opposed to criticizing the editor of The Atlantic Monthly. You might even say, look, we appreciate the fact that he did not disc closed this before the attacks, you know, and he apparently said that he did not because he did not want to put into harm's way or any any more danger US military. So you can think the guy is a whack a doodle crazy guy politically, But if at that moment he did the right thing, why not be disarming and say, I just want to thank the editor of the Atlantic for doing the right thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's that's that's fair, And I think that's fair that they didn't hop on it right away. And that's really fair. But you know, to wrap this up if you go back listen since I do listen to Night Side and you have your representatives. His name is mister Wardy or he was Republican from Massachusetts, a state Senator d.
Speaker 2: Peter Peter Durant. Last week he's a state Senator Durant.
Speaker 9: Right, you know, since since they're using these apps and and they're in Washington, d C. And they have a big government job, he brought out the point about your city government in the state, and that is didn't you see this coming? Didn't you see this coming? And that's where I have to wreck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a good analogy. Thanks, Thanks Patrick, talk soon. All right, one, all right, I've got a couple open lines here. We're going to get to Greg and Ontario. Brian in New Hampship if you'd like to join the conversation. Six one, seven two four ten thirty six month seven nine three ten thirty. I just think that the Trump administration you don't always have to dig your heels in on everything. Look, the bottom line was you had a successful attack. I have no idea and they must have after action reports and can let us know what their success was? Things are going in the right direction for them in terms of this and in terms of Israel. The stock market seems to be back recovering. Just you know, you can say, hey, we're not perfect and there was a mistake made here. We're going to investigate it. We're going to figure out how did this guy's this, How was this guy looped into the call? It's as simple as that. Guess what you can do it. I get terrified if I put someone on hold when I'm using my cell phone, and oftentimes if I'm talking to someone and if I don't say to them, gee, let me call you right back. If I say, let me take this call, and I take the second call, and all of a sudden, I realize on my cell phone, oh my god, I get two people on here. Can the first person hear what I'm saying to the second person? And so I've said to the second person, Hey, I'll call you right back. I give you one minute, call you right back. Hang up, get rid of that, go back to the original call, and say, look, I got another call. I got to take it. I'll call you back a little later. Okay, now my phone is cleared. I got a clear conscience. I don't want to be on the phone and have somebody listening to my conversation. I don't care what it's about. If it's about talking about going to the grocery store, just you train yourself to do that. Back on Nightside right after this. The only line is six point seven two four thirty.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey get Greg in Ontario. Hey Greg, welcome to Nightside. Welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 4: Dan? I'm doing fine? How about yourself?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Are we going to take take you over as the fifty first state? What's going on with you? Who's going to win the election?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I think Paul I'm gonna win that election. Uh. The Liberals just put Carney into place now, just as the head person, Trudeau stepped down, as you know. Yes, yeah, so Carnie's really not you know, he doesn't have the powers of a prime minister at this point. The elect the election is going to be at the end of April. Yeah, and uh yeah, and you know you hear the media here trying to spin that. Carrent. You got this lead and I can I can tell you.
Speaker 2: There's a great story in the Globe Today Boston Globe Today on Connie. Connie was a Harvard student. I guess he played hockey at Harvard. Uh. He was, like me, he was a backup goaltender, you know, yeah, critical guy, uh on the team. But at least he played. He's probably pretty good, pretty good hockey player to play at Harvard. Uh. But you get a kick out of reading the story. I guess one of his roommates was the former Bruins GM Peter Sharelli. Uh isn't Isn't Shrellie the GM of the Oilers or something like that. I think that he's yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So anyway, you might you might just google it. There's an article and you might have some fun with it. Tell us what what people in Canada up at arms that that this proves that Trump's going to be impeached. I mean, the overreaction here I think has been amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm be failing it today and like to Dad, like, I'm a Trump supporter for for a lot of reasons, but uh, you know the just want touch in the fifty first day thing.
Speaker 2: You know, I was joked, I was joked with you about that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well yeah, I'll be serious about it, like I'll give you my serious opinion.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 4: So I'm sixty five, I've been I watched this country go from something not too bad to it just straight downhill. For the last forty years. We don't develop our country, we don't do anything for ourselves. Everybody here is just waiting for that golden moment that just to make Canada great for the first time. Right, And we have the potential. Yeah, no, honestly, so we have this potential to do this with all our minerals, and we can sell it around the world. We can do these things. We've done it in the past. I experienced that when I was younger, back in the sixties and seventies, right, So I want to look at all this right now, Dan, And I'm so tired of waiting for this country to get a set of legs and walk by itself instead of propping up against the United States. And that's the truth. And I'm in my mindset is this, if Carnie gets in by some hopefully he doesn't, but if it happens, I will take up mister Trump on a fifty first state immediately. If Pauliev wins, I'll give him four years to strike it, try to get this ship sailing, and if he doesn't, then I'll take that fifty first state because if we can't develop this country like it should be after all these years, maybe somebody else the United States can come in and do it big. Let you people do it and get this machine going over here too.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, you had a great Prime Minister Maul Rooney who when Reagan was president and they worked really well together. So we'll see what Pauliev does. He's from Alberta, right, he's from the north.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's from a less populated area. So Carnie has an example as an advantage coming from the more populated south in the country. So we'll see what happens. Simple as simple as that. Hey, Greg, I hope you'll call me, you know, as this election goes goes on, because we're going to focus on it here on Nightside, because you guys are a very important ally and I I have lots of Canadian friends and lots of Canadian listeners and maybe we can get well, probably not, but I'd love to get Karneie or Pauly f to come on and it appear on Nightside. We'll have to see what we can do on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that'd be interesting, you know, I'll tell you. Yeah, it's this country needs to get it stuff together.
Speaker 2: And uh okay, last question for me and I got to take one more quick call here before the break. Last question, who wins the Stanley Cup this year? I know it's not going to be the Bruins, the.
Speaker 4: Least man, I'll tell you what. I don't think the Least are going to do, and they're gonna get close this year. But I gotta tell you I'm looking at Washington, man, They're looking. They're they're red hot, like Washington or Colorado, No, not Colorado, Washington or who's the second place, Tiamo or Winnipeg. Actually Winnipeg's looking for Winnipeg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but a couple of their players are hurt, including their big guy McDavid. So we'll have to see how that all, how that works out. So all right, thank you, thanks, thanks, okay, thanks keep listening, thank you. Okay, let me go real quickly. Brian in New Hampshire. Brian, I will hold you over because we only got a couple of minutes. If you can't complete your thought in two minutes, go right ahead, Brian.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's Bernie, Bernie from New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: Bernie. I'm sorry, it says Brian on the board. B I know who Bernie is. Bernie, go right ahead. I will hold you. Don't worry.
Speaker 8: No, that's fine. Just to access my paycheck. There's a two part of your authentication. So you would think the US government would have more security than that. My thing is, I'm a Trump supporter. Who will know I'm a Trump supporter. I believe he's for the military and all that. But this was cavalier at best and negligent at worst. But I don't think there was intention in it. But nonetheless, I mean, why is it hard for all your Trump supporters tonight to admit that maybe a mistake was made and let's not let's learn from it and not do it again and maybe put people in harm's way.
Speaker 2: Well, Bernie, I'm I'm with you. You know. One of the things when I bring something home from the grocery store, which which I thought was on the list and was the wrong thing. The first thing when my wife looks at me, like, you know, you're a knucklehead, I immediately say, I'm really sorry. I'll I'll take you back. No, you don't have to. If you say, hey, I goofed up, everybody's if you that's the smartest thing in the world to say, I goofed up my fault, then they can they have to stop attacking you. It's just simple as that. Well, I mean, it won't happen for Trump, don't get me wrong. But you just say, look, we made a mistake. It's an oversight. There was no harm, no foul, and we're gonna make sure it doesn't happen again. Next question.
Speaker 8: All right, absolutely, Dan, thank you for your time, and you have a good night.
Speaker 2: Bertie. Great to hear you. Boys say, give up to your son.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, but can I his son just graduated I believe from Paris Island and as in the military. Okay, got a bunch of open lines. Warrant. Stay there if you like, we'll take you first up on the other side, and we're going to continue to talk about this. This is the story of the day. I don't think this story has legs because I don't think there was any intention here to do anything wrong. But we're not going to ignore it, and I hope you won't as well. Should they should the Trumpsters take my advice, and that is it's easy to say, hey, we goofed up. You know, we made a little it's a small mistake. No harm, no file the attack went off, No, nothing was compromised. You bet you. It's not going to happen again. This was an opportunity for us to learn from a mistake, coming back one night side