Speaker 1: By Bill Cunningham, the Great American of course. So I had a talk to Gone last week about young American's nineteen year old Bryan It commits suicide. It was an incredible story in which this nineteen year old was extremely depressed, seemingly on drugs, and he jumped off the Golden gate Bridge in San Francisco, hit the water at about seventy five miles an hour, fell about two hundred and twenty five feet about twenty two story building hit the water and because of the intervention of a sea lion confirmed by the coast Guard, the sea lion picked up his body and kept it afloat till they arrived. An unbelievable story, but it brought up the fact that April twenty ninth, in the month of April is Fentanyl Awareness Month is declared by the FEDS. And a person that deals with the falloff from all this is our fine Hamley County Coroner, Doctor Lastmi Somarco and doctor Samarco. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. So, first of all, you have available, I'll tell you facts and statistics about suicide, not just in Hamilton County, but because you do autopsies you're pick from around the other counties. Tell the American people the facts about so many Americans committing suicide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, this is a really touching, difficult topic to discuss, whether you're talking to parents or school groups or anybody. But I think that, you know, the more information we have, the more we can help these kids. And we noticed March we had an unusual number of suicides come to our office. Most of them were from Hamilton County, but we did have a couple from our adjacent counties. And what's really disturbing about it is is I think we average about eight suicides a month overall. I mean, we're usually in the range of about one hundred a year, but this was seventeen, and that's that's double our normal number. And the age spread was a lot younger than we normally see. Yeah, we had a twelve year old and a fourteen year old and we're looking at a thirteen year old as we're not sure if that's a suicide or not, but it was gunshot related and most of I think we had one person in the fifties and one person in their forties, but everybody else was younger than that. And that's alarming, because that's that's not what we usually see. And you know, we talk about mental health issues, and I would just love to get rid of the whole stigma around mental health because you know, your brain is an organ just like any other organ in your body, and it can develop chemical imbalances or electrical imbalances, and you know, how is that going to manifest. Maybe it'll manifest like a seizure, or maybe it'll NFS like mental health issues. So we had to just start calling it brain health. And I heard this. I didn't coin this, believe me. I heard this at a pediatric lecturer I went to once, and I really really resonated with me. And you know, my dad practiced psychiatry in this area for fifty years, and you know, we've we've talked about this, and I've talked to him about the suicides and the depression and clinical depression and what we're seeing and and he said, you know, kids nowadays have a lot different but a lot more triggers. And he just shakes his head sometimes and you know, I think, you know ects. We've talked about treatments for clinical depression. Most psychiatrists that I've talked to have said, nothing works as well as ECTS in those interactable clinical depressed people that they've treated for years pharmacologically but haven't been able to make a breakthrough. But this all goes back to, you know, what are the triggers for suicide? And for so many people, they're so different, you know, and the different age groups. I mean, we talked about social pressures and social media and things that have really caused some distress for young people. We've talked about job related things. We've talked you know, we looked at COVID, COVID to you know, four years ago, five years ago was an incredibly isolating period of time for this country and for the people of this country. And you know, those people that were that were already sort of on the edge and needing the extra help and then being isolated made it very difficult for them. And you know, we've had so many kids in their twenties this month and twenties and thirties, and you look back you think, well, you know, how old were they five years ago, And were they seniors and juniors in high school? Were they freshmen and sophomores in college? And you know, my son was a senior in high school and he had no graduation, and he had no senior prom. He started as a freshman in a college in a dorm where six people were supposed to be in the suite and there were only two of them. And the dining halls had one share per table. You couldn't even sit with anybody to have a meal. There were no clubs, there were no intermural sports. There was nothing. And you had to wear a mask even when you were outdoors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's ridiculous now is there? When you think about America today, I hear about cyber bullying, I hear about revenge porn. I hear about young teenagers, twenty somethings isolated. I was watching I went out to dinner the other night at a downtown restaurant. I looked to my right. There was three couples sitting there, seemingly late teens made they might have been sixteen years old, And I watched them for a few minutes, and they were all on their phones in front of them and weren't communicating. I guess they were on a date. It looked like a i'm dressed the girls are wearing. They might have been seventeen years old. And there's a little communication sitting at a table looking at each other. And the way to communicate today is not about picking up the phone and talking where one can understand the nuances of a conversation, accepting, not accepting, whatever it might be. And now young people are told by the culture that there's good and bad, right and wrong. However it's taught through social media. What role does social media play and the idea that you're isolated, you're stupid, you're fat, you're ugly, whatever term might be used. And that person, especially maybe girls, are going through lots of things in their life anyway in their teenage years that they can start to believe that my life's worthless. It'd be better if I wasn't alive anymore. That wasn't the case ten twenty thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: Correct, No, absolutely not. I think I think everybody that's talking about it is really hitting it on the head, which is social media is isolating because a lot of these people are looking for validation on the number of likes they get or you know, the number of people that have viewed their posts, and that somehow validates them and what they're doing instead of hanging out with their friends and having conversations. And you know, I found that out in my own house when when my daughter was younger and they were in high school. I remember doing our friends came over. They were sitting on the couch, the three of them, and they were all three of their phones and I was like.
Speaker 1: Will you do it?
Speaker 2: You get your friends over, You're supposed to be hanging out talking to each other. What are you doing all your phones?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And I took the phones away. So it was not a very popular mom, but I took all three posts away from them and I said, enjoy your time together, because this is what you get. But honestly, it's it is a huge problem across the world. I just came back from India, and you know, everybody has a cell phone there there workshow drivers have a cell phone there, and they have massive networks, and they're all on their phones and they're looking at their social media and they're on their Internet, and they're getting their tidbits of information here and there, right or wrong, from the Internet and from social media. And it's just scary because it's not just our country, it's across the world and we have just radically changed how we all communicate or don't communicate, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and I think it's unchangeable. I can't maybe every now and then. You were there for those three girls saying, take away your phones. Talk to each other. They don't know what to say. That's not going to change. In fact, it's accelerating when I see moms and dads buying nine ten to eleven year olds devices where they communicate through the device, and they don't communicate with human beings, which causes an array of socially debaucherous condition including the fact that dating doesn't take place. Boys live in a world of porn and online gambling, and girls resist getting a relationship because they're hurt and there's no dating going on. Girls get married at the age of thirty and boys get married at the age of thirty two, which used to be you know that that was old. Now it's young. And so doctor Somarco County Corner. Is there a way to correct this or is it simply arming people with the information? May God grant me the patience to accept the things I can change, the strength to change the things that could be changed, and the wisdom to know the difference. And so if we can't change the culture and change society. That's not gonna I would like to think we could change it. I don't think we can. What can you equip parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters with to stop the suicides from happening? When a person feels so low in their life is meaningless, what do you do in it?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, there's no going back. I mean that horse has long left the gate, and I wish I could go back to flip phones, I mean, just foot phones. You can still make your phone calls and do some crude texting, but you can't get on social media ornother That's not gonna happen anymore. But so we have to figure out how to deal with this, and we have to do it quickly because there are more and more and more apps being offered. There are more and more, you know, dating apps. I mean, we have dating apps. And we were dating, you know, when we were going out with people, and now people meet their partners on dating apps. And I'm not saying that's necessarily wrong or worse than meeting somebody at a bar or something, but you know, if you meet somebody at the gym, or if you meet somebody at a social event, you're you've got face to face time with them. You can read body language, you can you know, feel the inflection of their voice when they're talking. I mean there's a lot more parameters, a lot more variable that you can decide if somebody's right for you or if you want to see them again, versus just swiping left or swiping right. And I think we as parents are afraid to set rules anymore. And I and I've put myself in that too. I mean there are times when I want to say something and but you know, thinking, well, you know they are adults. Now do I say something? Do I not say something? And I think you have to go with your instincts as as a parent and say is this going to benefit your child? Is this going to help them think it through? And have to decide. And you know, having grandparents in your life, I think is really important. Having other family members that can show that they care about you and stay connected with you, even at a peripheral level, just to know that you've got a network of people that you can go to, if not just your coaches and you know, your religious leaders in your community, or you know that that person that's in your music class or your dance class or something. I think that having kids more involved with and I know there's soccer, there's hockey, there's all these other sports too, but I think some of the arts are are important just for a balance and for kids to be exposed to people with different interests and different temperaments. And I don't have a solution. I just know that we've we've become more isolated and it's showing. And these are young people. These are young you know, people that have the capability of being really productive members of our society and you know, possibly even the next president, but we won't know if we can't get them to the finish line.
Speaker 1: So the answer is, the answer is communication. And the idea of a twelve year old or a fifteen year old, or an eighteen year old or nineteen year old killing themselves decades ago that simply didn't happen except if you were profoundly mentally ill suffering from paranoid schizophrenia with effective components. But today it is you're sounding the alarm this afternoon because you're saying it is a problem that's accelerating in southwest Ohio, that it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Speaker 2: Well, Unfortunately, it looks that way right now. And I hope that this was just a weird month and we're not going to have any more months like this. But we already have two suicides in the month of April, and you know, it's only been a few days. So I'm raising the alarm because I think that bringing awareness to people looking around at other people, those who you work with, those you go to school with, those you live with, I think, just take an extra look, just you know, put yourself in their shoes, see if there's something you can do to lighten the load for some people, or you know, just talk. Just be there so that they can communicate with you. If they communicate. That's the other thing. Stop looking at your phones, the friends and people around you that you can look up. Don't look down, look up, look up and around you. I mean, you know, look at the flooding out there today. Talk to people that are being affected. I mean, volunteer. There's a lot going on in your community.
Speaker 1: Get out there, volunteer. I could not imagine when I was eight, seven or eighteen years old on a date with little Penny Asbroc that I'd be on I'd be looking down and not communicating with her, and girls want communication. I think girls have a lot more problems in life than boys. I think it's much harder to be a girl or a woman than a man or a boy. That's my that's my sexist opinion. It's hard to be a woman and a girl compared to a boy or a man. But I don't know. I think we're sounding an alarm that suicides are way up and that it's a big problem. And parents have got to look to the left, look to the right, pick up cues from their child and from the loved one that something's amiss, something's not right.
Speaker 2: And the message you know, to you you were talking about the social media and these kids, and you know how some of these kids have committed suicide because of what's posted about them and whatnot. You know that also comes from a sense of self worth And what's happened to that? Have we not armed our children with a sense of value and instead they're looking for social media for this validation. Do they not have a sense of their own worth? And where along the way have we missed that ball? And how do we go about fixing it so that we're arming our kids with confidence and the sense of I am a good person who's going to do great things in this life. I just need a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And of course fentanyl is another thing. It's terrible fentanyls and drugs that that the little pill may say xanax, but it may not be xanax unless you get it from Adrian pharmacy and that fentanyls in marijuana powder, cocaine. That's another issue.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing though, is that people reach for these escapes, you know, when when they don't, when they can't find it on their own and in their in their own little environment, and they're looking for a way to escape some horrible situation or feeling. And you know, drugs are drugs are an easy way to escape. Alcohol is an easy way to escape. And you know, of course the things just make depression worse. I mean, alcohol is a depressant, So I mean that doesn't it's it's not a you know, it's not a it's not a long term fix. And you know, we we always say suicide is is a very impulsive most of the time, it's not even a solution. But it's an act that you can't come back from. You can't fix it, you know, whatever might be the problem, you never get a chance to fix so solution for a long term problem, and I think that I think I just wanted to make sure people were aware that, Hey, you know, we're kind of seeing this out there in the community. And you know, if you look at some of the statistics about high school kids, you know, one in twelve either has attempted or considered suicide. I mean, that's an alarming number. And that's an old number. I don't know what it is even now. That was from five years ago, and you know that in itself ought to be alarming to everybody. But you know, I think it's I think it's even a smaller number now unfortunately, or a bigger number however you want to look at it the ratio. But here it is, we've got young adults in our region who are taking their own lives and are desperate enough and find this world a horrible place to live in that they don't want to be here anymore.
Speaker 1: Doctor Samarco, you're the best of what you do. Thanks for being there, and once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Willie, God bless you. Let's continue with more. If you have a classroom with twenty five, for example, there's two or three kids on average in that classroom who thought about killing themselves. Let's continue, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW. And on that front, you know, doctor Lasky Somarco is sacrificing to be our corner. She I don't know. She was making a half million dollars a year or more as a practicing physician and a calling for public service. Has put together a fabulous along with the cooperation the commissioners and Joe Eaters, a coroner's office second to none in the northern part of Hamleton County and does a great job. I don't know if she means it or not. She said, if you need an autopsy when you die, I'd like to do your autopsy. And I said, Doc, I don't know if that's a compliment or not, but I hope that's not the case. But she points out that mental health and mental issues is infecting our young folks and record numbers, either because it's more recognized and treatable, or because of the social and cultural pressures many feel between the ages of say, fifteen and thirty years old and another generation, I might have been called having the blues, or get over it, shake it off, whatever it might be. But that's not the way things are today. The complete isolation that occurs for teenage especially teenage girls, and also boys and men and women is un and something that we've never seen before in American history. It's strong. I'm watching this Netflix series for some reason. I now subscribe to Netflix, and they had a series called The Clubhouse a year with the Red Sox and it's an eight part docu series with unprecedent access to the baseball team for a full season, and all the episodes will be available tomorrow, which is us the right date to April seventh, so it'll be tomorrow. Today's the eighth is available now. And I have knew about this player for the Red Sox only briefly. His name is he's an all star now Jared Doran might be durn d u r A N. And he said in the series. He gave an interview for part of the series in which he said he battled severe depression and attempt at suicide. And I'm looking at this player as an all star making millions of dollars a year. But in twenty one. In two twenty two, he was having trouble on the field and off the field. The fans were booing him. His family said, what's wrong. He did not seek a medical help or psychiatric assistance, because you know, men don't do that when they're twenty five years old. You know, a twenty five year old mail is bulletproof. Nothing ever, bad's going to happen. And so the director of the series said, well, what do you mean you attempted suicide? And this Red Sox All star said the following, and he said, I got to a point. I was sitting in my room alone, it was dark. I had my rifle, I had a bullet, and I put it in the rifle, stuck the bullet up to my mouth and pulled the trigger and the gun clicked. Nothing happened. So to this day, I think God just didn't let me take my own life, because I seriously don't know why it didn't go off. He said, quote, I think that was a sign I might have to be here for a reason. So that's when I started to look myself in the mirror. After the gun did not go off, do I want to be here or not? That happened for a reason, and obviously you're here for a reason. I'm here for a reason. We need to be here because it's part of God's plan. And many of his teammates were completely unaware of this, THE'SE eventure taking place. How many times in a baseball, football, basketball game, whatever it might be, or in life, you're with a loved one and they look unhappy, they look depressed, They don't know what to do, especially teenagers, they spend all the time with their head with their heads down, swiping left, swiping right, looking for another kick on YouTube, or begin taking drugs like fentanyl or powder cocaine, crack cocaine, xanax, whatever it might be, to supply an artificial high. And this Red Sox baseball player now every time he's introduced at home, he gets allowed cheer because of what he went through. And I was an all star doing well. Can you imagine yet, you can imagine the depths of despair when a person who is everything going for them objectively, but in their own minds have nothing going right. And this all star for the Red Sox once so far is to put a bullet and the chamber of a rifle sticking in his mouth and pull the trigger and did not click. There's a prayer we say in Roman Catholic faith that said, God, you created me for some specific purpose. And that's what suddenly this outfield WHI Joran for The Red Sox said he's found his mission in life is to tell others you're okay, get through it. You're here for a specific reason, to do a specific thing. And this Netflix series is out today, I imagine there'll be a millions seeing this. How many times in your life? For my life, for lives of loved ones you thought, you know, I can't get any lower. I've lost my wife, I lost my husband, My kids aren't turning out the way I thought they would, or I have no kids. In society tells me I have to have and I don't have children. I don't want to have children. The average woman doesn't get married now to she's thirty years old, and maybe the biological clock ticking is the reason get married. Boys and men don't get married to other thirty one or thirty two. And communication is almost non existent between couples, between families. I seeking mental health is perceived as some sort of deficiency in your character, when it should not be that way. It should not be that way. They're you're having difficulties. And this Netflix series I think is going to be particularly good to take a look at. So later on we have brad Winstrip coming up with a couple do It for Jack dot org in which a Muller High school grad had an academic I think academic scholarship or some scholarship to South Carolina. One thing LEDs to it led to another, and a party drug was used, and that party drug was flushed with fentanyl and Jack did not know it, and he took it and he passed out. He was left alone for about seven or eight hours, and his organs had shut down by the time paramedics got there hit him with narcam it was too late. Went to the hospital and I think it was Maryland, and the er docs called mom and dad here in Cincinnati and told them that their beloved son was in terrible condition, likely would not make it. And they drove at a pace that they shouldn't have done between here and here in Baltimore to say goodbye to their son. And may I use the term a good kid Lawler high school grad, business in business and everything going for him, but he sought an artificial kick in life from cocaine. Unbeknownst to him, it was laced with fentanyla fatal dose and he was killed. And we're going to talk about that later. But there's something amiss in our society when psychiatric difficulties are not ones treated seriously as if it's some sort of character or social flaw, and when their rampant use of drugs, horrible drugs are used in a way to provide medicine to someone hurting in such a terrible fashion. So that's coming up later. Plus later on we have Rob Bron. Do you recall Rob Bron, the main anchor along with Kid Andrews at Channel twelve. I'm watching a couple nights ago. He's a volunteer public information officer in a county south of Kenton County, and he was on the air talking about the flooding in Fowmouth and I thought, well, that's that. I looked at that piece and I said, hell, I think that's Rob Bron and he was talking about flooding in Fowmouth. I said, I've watched track him completely the last few years, as you do in this business. So we're going to have him on later. On today to talk about what's happening now in Pendleton County, but more importantly, what's happening to Falmouth right now. I'm led to believe the flooding is it's largely subsided, but the folks in a Roar, Indiana downstream not so lucky, and then it may be sixty feet for we're gonna have flooding until Friday or Saturday. So I want to check up with Rob Bron because he's one of those who left voluntarily who did not want to continue to do the news at Channel twelve, and I want to get an update from him about how this is how's life after the anchor desk. I think he started like a nineteen eighty four and it quit in about twenty sixteen or seventeen, so he quit five or six years ago. And more than one news anchor told the Great American that there's fundamental change going on in news operations in which locally we may have two maximum three news operations in the next three years. That of the four, which is Fox nineteen, Channel five, nine and twelve is going to be one or two go away because people are not watching the news because of that device to my left and your smartphone gets everything you need to know. You know, he used to be in news. You would actually pay attention in the morning to say, who won the Reds game last night? What are the roads like? Can he talk to me about the weather? What about what about traffic? What's going on? And to my left on my iPhone, all that information is available in a moment's touch, and so everything's changed, and so I want to get his perspective on that and so much more. Plus after one o'clock today will be a brad winstrip with the mom and dad of a fine Maller High school grad who made a tragic error in taking a party drug that was laced with fentanyl without his knowledge, and he's dead. I'm not sure there's been a time when young folks say under the age of forty but under more stress, and so many high school kids can say, I got to go to college. I ran into a boy at Purcell High School works at Greaters in Kenwood, and he was there last year when Roger Staubach and to a lesser extent, dedicated to the new field at Percell Marriyon High School for football. He said, I was on the field and I said how'd you like your time with Roger Staubach? He said, Man, I read about that guy, and I had no idea that Roger Staubach from Percell had the Heisman Trophy. It's a couple of World Series I'm sorry, a couple of Super Bowl rings. He could have played baseball at Percell High School. He was a catcher and he had he thought he had a career going into Major League baseball, but instead he wanted a football and the rest is history. And this kid told me, you know what, I want to get into the skilled trades. He said, I just feel like I should do that instead of college. I said, look, college today, it's going to cost somebody one hundred thousand dollars or more. There's a lot of indoctrination happening on college campuses that here before it did not occur, and that no one can outsource or ai electrical work or plumbing work, or drywall work or plastering of one type or another, or working and landscaping. Those kinds of things cannot be outsourced. And so it makes complete sense to me for a kid who doesn't want to study about Cicero and the origins of the Civil War or know about the new Deal and the fair Deal, and talk about politics as playing a room for different people in our society to do things with their hand and with their heart and with their head. And I always encourage young folks to follow your dreams, whatever they might be. There's more unhappiness, more depression, more missed expectations happening today than ever before. And it has largely to do with the fact, and the outfielder from the Red Sox points out, largely do with the fact that God and belief in the Almighty, the reason for our existence has been taken out of the public square, in fact that it hardly can be mentioned. In fact, in Colorado the past the law that said parents cannot be notified about a child's transitioning. This is a state law in Colorado, and that child abuse is present if a parent does not affirm the identity of their child. So if you got a fourteen year old who says, you know, I'm a girl, but I want to be a boy, or vice versa, if you don't affirm that, then the state can take away custody of your child and give to someone who will affirm it. And for those zero point one percent of Americans that have difficulty with gender identity point one percent. It is a psychiatric problem that needs to be treated. It is not a medical issue that involves castration or hysterectomies and the transitioning of an otherwise healthy body to some other gender. There's allegedly two sexes and one hundred and ten genders, and that's part of the mental health crises we're having in this country. Let's continue with more. By the way, last night, of course, I listen on the air with Tommy Thrall and Jeff Brantley, and just barely the Reds one, Reds wind two zip, and Hunter Green looked like he had things completely under control. But two out's nobody on. There was a walk and then there was a single, and all of a sudden, here we go again, and all of a sudden there was a shoe string Catchmaide and left field. Reds win, Reds win two zip. They're now in first eleven games. They're four and seven. Two more in San Francisco, then come back home for this weekend and longer with the Pirates in town. And by the way, Paul Skeins is not scheduled to pitch this weekend. In Cincinnati. But nonetheless, when someone asking about the reds of the Bengals leaving, that's another story. I know the Rock talks about it. The Bengals have to decide by the end of June whether or not to extend the least for two more years, which would give them essentially next year than two more. If they don't extend it, the Bengals can legally leave in about a year despite the Modell rule. I've heard people talk about that, but I don't know what that means. But I have confidence, I have hope that somehow this deal will be struck and the Bengals were staying Cincinnati for a long time. I hope the commissioners and their success in getting it done will be known in the next month or two. But we'll see. I'll just continue with more if a line becomes available five three, seven, four, nine, one thousand, coming up next to brad winstrip about do it for Jack dot Org And then after two o'clock today is the Life and Times of Rob Brown. He's in my mount Rushmore of male anchors, all in news Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, as you may know April the twenty nine to this fentant on National Fentanyl Awareness Day. In about a month or so ago, we had on mom and a dad profoundly affected on the death of their son because the fentanyl. Also with us in the studio is brad Winstrop. I want to call you Congressman. I can't do that anymore. I want to call you colonel. Can I still do that? Yes, you can do that. Well, first of all, before I go to mom and dad, tell us why you're involved in the fentanyl crisis, and tell us you were on so many committees dealing with health and security in the Congress. I think you have particular knowledge about these issues. One good thing going on is the fentanyl of seizures at the border has been way down. It is because the Trumpster, who general and media hates and loaths, have cracked down on the southern border, in which case there's going to be thousands of men and women, boys and girls who may otherwise die though are going to be alive because of Donald Trump. But tell us why former Congressman brad Winstrup is involved in this issue.
Speaker 4: Well, specifically, I'm involved with Tom and Stephanie right here because we've been friends for a long long time. But the issue was obviously important to them, and I know you'll talk about it, but it was important to me.
Speaker 1: We're losing our youths.
Speaker 4: You know, we were losing over one hundred thousand for the last three or four years between eighteen and forty five, and to me, this is a national crisis. And I think the President was right to declare and do what he is doing because with the whole problem with addiction and everything else, it was an issue from border to work. And you've got to start at the border, and if you're going to prevent a problem, you have to go to the root cause. And the root causes these drugs coming across the border.
Speaker 1: Why in Biden et cetera. Why didn't they deal with this? It was obvious who was the president the last four years, who was in charge of the presidency. Yeah, Joe Biden was and he never wanted to address the issue. And you know, I had that. I don't know, he's got a drug. He had a drugy son who had a serious problem, and he ignored that too.
Speaker 4: You would think it'd be important, you know, I had the Chinese and ambassador want to meet with me, and he Kate said, I'm going to come through Ohio and see if there's some things we can't do with Ohio. But the only people in Ohio wanted to talk to were me and Mike Turner, who both happened to be on the Intelligence Committee, and ultimately wanted to talk about Taiwan, which I ignored, but he said, we don't like being blamed for fentanyl, and I said, well, quit doing it.
Speaker 1: You're doing it.
Speaker 4: Well, we sell a legal product now, I said, well, we'll be glad to track that legal product with you and see where it goes and whose hands it ends up.
Speaker 1: And it's part of their stop it come across the border.
Speaker 4: And so you know, the apprehensions are down, that doesn't mean they're not pretty good at still trying to get these things across the border, just not caught.
Speaker 1: The Chinese want to kill us, and they used that drug to ca They want to take our jobs. And that's the most mortal threat to our nation's survival over the next fifty years is the relationship we don't have with China, and we have to recognize they're not our friends.
Speaker 4: They're not our friends, and it's death by a thousand bin bricks if you will. You know, they're trying to just you know, control as much as they can in this world and kind of leave us hostage. It's the same with actually good pharmaceuticals that are out there. They control the active pharmaceutical ingredients. They have a lot of control. And we've got to start this fight back. And thank goodness, President Trump is doing it.
Speaker 1: Mom and Dad are here, Tom Quall and Steph Quall, And first of all, Tom, I'll go with you first. Tell me about your son, who's in the arms of God almighty. Well, thank you for having us, Bill, I appreciate it. Jack graduated from More High School in twenty sixteen, then had an academic scholarship to the University of University of South Carolina, where he graduated. He traveled abroad.
Speaker 5: He had to assessed for travel, which is why we have a scholarship and his name at More. But he was academically intelligent. He was very athletic, and that's our message to everyone. Jack died two months after removed from his job remote job during COVID in our house to Baltimore. He took a party drug cocaine, which was laced with fentanyl. And he and one of his fraternity brothers died. So our message when we talked to schools and communities is Fennel doesn't care about how athletic you are, how smart you are.
Speaker 1: It will wipe you out.
Speaker 5: And Brad alluded to the numbers which are just insane about how many people were dying from this drug eighteen to forty five, the leading cause of death.
Speaker 1: And Steph, what does it do to a mother's heart when you get that call?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I can't even it. At first, You're just in shock, like did that just happen?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: I was working our church festival and his friend Aaron called me and all I hear is that I'm so sorry, And you have no idea what they're talking about. And luckily Tom and I were ignorant to exactly what fentanyl does because we had to drive to Baltimore going as fast as we could to get there to his bedside. Jack was lucky enough to still have a heartbeat. His friend had already passed, so we got to be with him through the night. I think we just could not wrap our heads around that this happened. Like Tom said, he had just been gone two months and then you know, obviously we had to wait for him to get back to Cincinnati, and so his friends ride our house, and we didn't know how prevalent party drugs were recreational use, and they were telling every single one of them was like, oh, office parties, bachelor parties. Socially, it's not frowned upon nowadays, and we cannot fathom that. On top of how dangerous, you just can't do that like you could in the seventies and eighties, nineties, early two thousands.
Speaker 1: And so when you held Jack's hand at the end, what did you do?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Well, the hardest thing we had to do was put the phone up to his ear so that my mom and dad and his mom and his sib leans and cousins could all say goodbye. Now, that was probably the most heart wrenching thing ever. And then I guess the feeling I had it was almost a numb. I've seen all the er shows, like you always see the you know, the in the movies with us walking in this hallway, complete silence and leaving with nothing. And I said to Tom, I remember distinctly saying to you when we pulled down our streets, like having a baby and not coming home with it, And now I feel so I have such empathy for mothers. You know, it could be you know, immediately after having a baby or later in life. It doesn't matter. We came home without Jack.
Speaker 1: For those who would say Jack played the game and he lost, there's a cruelty aspect of this, that he should have been taking powder cocaine. He should have not done that. Muller kids, you know, I think they're special in a sense, at least they think they're special. Not as special as Steer Park kids. That's a different issue. But uh, how do you respond to those who might say, I don't know what he played the game in the no I've heard.
Speaker 6: Those comments like, well, he shouldn't have done that. Well, we know that, we all know he shouldn't have done that. But the difference is is these kids all know they shouldn't be but they shouldn't be poisoned and killed. What he did should not have killed him. If it was one hundred percent cocaine, he would have been living right now. So they are lacing it in vaping cartridges, marijuana pills, cocaine, hear it, you name it, and if it's not fentanyl, it's car fentanyl, and if it's not that, it's the next drug. So, like Brad said, we can stop stuff from coming in the border.
Speaker 1: Two things.
Speaker 6: It's there's enough in our country right now to kill all of us, I think, three times over the whole population right now, right now, this.
Speaker 1: Afternoon, right now. Enough. Yes, vent' and car fentanels one hundred times worse. That's like a horse tranquilizer, and it's resistant to arkan.
Speaker 5: So people always play the roulette game that you were talking about. You know, I'm going to have narcan on the side or do test strips. But there are drugs that are being sold illegally now that are resistant to narcan, so.
Speaker 6: I can't Yeah, I just read yesterday. There's two more coming up. I can't think of the names of them because they're hard to pronounce. Two more on top of these that are new because also, you know, Jack wasn't an addict, but that doesn't mean it's any better if an attic is getting this, because they should not be dying as well, and so they you become tolerant to the fentanyl, and you become tolerant to the next thing. So then they introduce the next chemical that they've come up with. So even if we stop fentanyl, we're not stopping the flow of xyz that is now being introduced to.
Speaker 1: Its pill and the pills look pretty good. There's a couple of coedes at Ohio State that were partying and they had some fentanyl and something that looked like an equlude and they didn't know what was in there. But these pill presses cost one hundred dollars on Amazon. So someone can be in the drug business and all of a sudden, a girlfriend or a girlfriend to a guy whatever, and they take them and they're dead.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, And it's five out of ten pills. When we started talking, we didn't really put an emphesis on pills, but the pills started really rearing their ugly head. And one time it was seven out of ten fake pills were laced with fentanyl. Now it's down to five out of ten, which is still too much. And it's another rush of that game. If you think about it, you could take a pill and be fine, and I could take a pill and.
Speaker 1: Die and Doc, I'll call you Doc Brad. Yeah, why do the drug dealers want to have a product that kills the customer? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any sense, right, I Mean, it's like a restaurant. Do you want to go out of there throwing up?
Speaker 1: No? So why would you want to do that?
Speaker 4: Because the addiction is so strong, and you get people that maybe weren't in.
Speaker 1: The arena that think they're taking something safe.
Speaker 4: I mean in some cases, they think they're taking something to calm their nerves and that's all that they're doing, and then all of a sudden they're addicted.
Speaker 1: It's very very powerful.
Speaker 4: I mean, and when people get in this range with that type of an addiction, I would always say to people, imagine what you would do for food, if you had an eaton for eight days, you would do anything. You'd be going through garbage cans. But that's how these addictions are. So what what Tom and Stephanie are doing, They're trying to make sure kids never fall into this, never fall into this. You know, I was living in Chicago. I was a resident in Chicago when there was a Walgreens. You might remember this bill where people were getting thailand all and was laced with cyanide.
Speaker 1: People in my building had that.
Speaker 4: So that's why we started getting the seals on these on these drugs and everything that you buy so that people aren't doing these They never found the.
Speaker 1: Person that did that. Uh, they never found the person putting cyanide in Thailand. Never found it.
Speaker 4: And in this case, we pretty much know who's doing this with these drugs, and the cartels are very sophisticated. They have very well educated chemists that are putting these things together and continuing that this this game to them.
Speaker 1: But it's a life and death game.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, and unfortunately it's a billion dollar business. So now we even have Americans doing It's not just Mexicans, it's not just the Chinese. It's coming to the northern So because it's such a money maker, they're not going to stop. They will try as much as can so aren't We just had no idea that we just weren't thinking about. So our whole goal was to educate parents in the youth. We can educate, We can tell them all the facts and they're still going to try, right, but we hopefully they will make a sound decision after listening, you know, So as parents, this whole recreational use is what blindsided us.
Speaker 1: And then the fact that we didn't know about Fentonah, you had no idea, Jack we see a frequent cocaine use or infrequent His friends say, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I would say in frank with and I would uh anna actually knew him, who's in a room with us? But uh, well, we found out after Jack died how prevalent cocaine was and socially accepted.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Friends of his that went to different colleges and different high schools in Cincinnati were like, yeah, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's you can walk in a bar and it's there.
Speaker 5: And I didn't experience that when I was a kid, uh, and did not expect to see how prevalent it was.
Speaker 1: I was a three three two beer beat you. That was the last year of three two beer. That was a big one. Yeah. Now it's fatanol on your dead Stuffinitely the pills are you know?
Speaker 6: Jack was this, But the pills really scare me because that's the other thing we learned is, like Brad said, they're taking mental hand in hand with mental health or I need to study, so I'm take an aderall tonight and then I need to come down, so I'm going to take a xen X and then the adderall there was a shortage. I don't know if there still is, like a couple of years ago. So then they're getting those off social media in the street and those are all laced.
Speaker 1: So these kids are and luckily I think.
Speaker 6: They're more educated to having some preventative narcan and stuff on hand.
Speaker 1: But it's not fool proof.
Speaker 6: So I've heard so many stories of kids that have been narcan back, and so many stories of family who've lost lives.
Speaker 1: We're just not hearing about it.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's tough for Tom and I to talk, but we're like, if you don't say something, it's not going to help.
Speaker 1: Well, why wasn't Narkam You're sons in the hospital. He's dying and you would think was too late.
Speaker 5: He was on this roof for like time. They found him about nine ten hours afterwards. Uh so his organs were shutting down at fentyl. Wouldn't it was too late for fenyl to do anything for him? Doc SORRC. How does fentanyl kill? I mean it's a small substance. It could be take a salt shaker and put a little bit in the palm of your hand that would kill your entire family.
Speaker 4: What does it do physically? Well, let me just say what to choose for medically? Where it does have a good purpose is in anesthesia. So we're talking about illicit fentanyl. Let's make sure people understand because if you go into surgery, and especially for like outpatient surgery, because it has a very short half life, it's sedate you into a sleep and slows everything down. But I mean, the doses of that are so minute, so small compared to what's happening out out on the streets. And it had the reason is good in surgery, especially for shortcases. Is it as a short half life, and so in other words, it's in and out of your system very quickly. But when you put it in these other doses, it leads to the shutdown of everything.
Speaker 1: Why that the pills in your stone, it bills in your stock, the pills in your stomach in Jack's case, well it's in your stomach. It's a fatal dose. It's in your stomach. How does it stop your heart, shut down your organs chemically? How does that happen?
Speaker 4: By the way it has that effect on your system is slowing everything down, but it slows it down to a stop in that case. Whereas also an anesthesia, if there is a problem, you can reverse it. You know, anesthesia's got a narcan too, and it does work on pure fentanyl, and so that's that's the ocasion for some person. Maybe you know, I would hate to see this happen, and I never saw it happen with any anesthesiologists where they gave too much and had to use narcan.
Speaker 1: But it's available and it will work.
Speaker 6: Jack's monitoring at the hospital versus right. These guys have no idea what the.
Speaker 1: Vitals are being monitored every second. So in a party situation that's not tom Bo. Well, instead of cursing, I can't imagine the pain a father feels in losing your son in such a way, but instead occursion in the darkness, you let a candle, but do it for Jack dot org explain what that is.
Speaker 5: So what we did actually, with Stephanie as the brainchild behind it, we went through a funeral with Jack. And then after everybody goes away after the funeral, people have to go back for their jobs or Jack's friends. He had to go back to school, and that's when it really sets in that you've lost your son, someone you really love with your whole heart. And then after two weeks three weeks of being a recluse. Stephanie came up with this idea that we need to inform our nation's youth and their parents on the dangers event also that no one else loses their Jack. And the way we spin that is we tell the story of Jack. He had all these things going for them, and we try to relate with the high schoolers of the college kids that could see themselves in Jack and one bad decision cost him his life. And then we take into stats. We do talk about how narcana is used in hospitals and it's that's okay, it's you're seeing thousand times of volume out on the street and that's what's killing them. So that people relate to the story about Jack, and then after the facts, they get a good idea. And Stephanie always comes up with this that you know there's peer pressure when you go to parties, and Stephanie said, use Jack's name that you know my friend Jack died, I know this kid that died.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to touch it.
Speaker 5: So that's really I mean, that's it's usually a forty five minutes to sixty minute presentation president a nutshell.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure, peer pressure. Correct, you got to take this you's saying ext or yeah.
Speaker 6: And I think if anyone, you know, whoever's listening, they need to have that conversation. It's it's not a tough conversation. It can be sixty one minute conversations. But it could be your kids, it could be your grandkids, it could be your neighbors. But just sit somebody down and just have the conversation that this is going on and hope that they then can you make an education educated decision later.
Speaker 5: And I think you know, when we were young, we felt invincible absolutely laugh. Yeah, and when you go out and drinking, you feel more invincible. Absolutely. So your guard's down and you think that nothing's going to hurt me. To bullet proof, yes, well we.
Speaker 1: Got to run. But April twenty ninth is National Fentnyl Awareness Day, and brad Winstrip and Mom and Dad, Stephanie and Tom Quell and our condolences in the passing of Jack. And we continue to get the message out and Forewarned is forearmed with the facts. Thank you very much, Thank you, Bill. Well, let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: They are enjoying their lowest approval rating ever because This is who they are trying to represent, these far left activists who don't stand for anything. They only stand again, Donald Trump, and they hate, as you just heard from that one individual who wished death upon the President of the United States. They not just hate him, they hate the eight nearly eighty million Americans who elected to vote him. The Democrats have officially become the party of crazy President Trump, and the Republicans are the party of common sense.
Speaker 3: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting voted.
Speaker 8: That's the press secretary for Trumpster. She's putting the cheese on the cracker, right, Darren Levinson. She somebody once said she has the cheese put all over the cracker, and she doesn't back it. I think she's only twenty five, twenty six years old.
Speaker 1: It's better than what they used to have.
Speaker 8: Not bad you ever hear from jj Nobody ever, ever talks to JB anymore.
Speaker 1: No, they know he's like forgotten. It's all done. Four years of forgottenism. Who was the president for those four Did the media spend much time on the I think it was a It was a Pelosi Shermer and stony about Hunter Hunter Green the drug addict is another liberal but seg I'm glad you're here. I'm listening to the game last night. Yeah, and Jeff Brentley went nuts about Hunter Green's glove. Now talk, I don't care about the glove. Well, the glove, Willie is. I mean, somebody I think it might have been the Giants or something. I don't know. I don't have firsthand knowledge of this, but but.
Speaker 8: Last night apparently Hunter Green, right at the start of the game, was forced to change gloves.
Speaker 1: Against the Giants.
Speaker 8: Jim Day and Fox FanDuel Sports explained that the umpire told Green he couldn't use the red Nike glove he wore at the start of the game. He had to instead to use a Bay's glove. Why the webbing of his glove had designs on it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Now, You're sixty feet six inches.
Speaker 8: Away from from a guy throwing one hundred miles an hour at a baseball at you, trying to get you out, and you're trying to get a hit off this guy.
Speaker 1: And I mean, do these guys have perfect twenty twenty vision?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: I can't concentrate because this guy's got logos on his glove.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, you know what you look at as a Pouder. Of course, I was a great hitter for Savior, and you hit it, you look at the release point right, So when the cat when they're not looking at the guy and Hunter Green, you don't have time.
Speaker 8: Hunter Green has used the same Nike Red glove for the last two since he's been with the Reds, the same thing. I think the Giants had something to do with this, or it was saying, hey, tit they somebody had to tip somebody off to try to throw Green off his off his game, and last night he was dealing. I hope he went up there on that mount and said, boys, you're not going to get anything from me tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm striking out in the ninth fingo, I almost went nuts. But segment this reminds me of Billy Martin who ran up to the plate and had measured the bat the George Brett and they said the tar was like two inches longer than it should have been. Then they called him out and George Brett went nuts. Yeah, and so here a pitcher they're trying to throw them off. Did that work last night?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Please give me sports.
Speaker 8: The out the outline of the Nike logo and the designs on the webbing or the problem now.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm like, I'm like I'm saying like I'm saying, looking at me, thank you.
Speaker 8: You're looking at one hundred mile an hour fastball and trying to hit release point.
Speaker 1: Where's the release point? I'm looking there. I'm not looking at a glove or a belt buckle or someone with gold around their neck. I'm looking at the release point.
Speaker 8: Will he the stood Reporters approut Service, every local Tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers tame Star quality you can feel in Cincinnati called the experts a preferred Home Comfort at five.
Speaker 1: One, three, eight, nine to two each the a C Spot.
Speaker 8: We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market during this lenten Sea and Willie on Fridays, they got the hot crispy fish sandwiches with that homemade tartar sauce.
Speaker 1: They got hush puppies and fries in there too.
Speaker 8: Stop By Deluxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford, and the Learsprime dot com. Lears Prime always a cut out above Hunter Green. As I said, Willie dealing last night again with the Reds too, nothing win San Francisco's seven game win streak is ended. Eight and two thirds innings, one run, four hit and baseball in seven keys.
Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 8: He overcame the stupid move by the umpires to change gloves George Brett.
Speaker 1: Blake Dunn to run double in the eighth.
Speaker 8: It was the offense and then Jacob Hurdabies who wants everybody wants to get rid of According to fifth all the guys on fifteen thirty made a diving catch and left with two on in the bottom of the night to seal it. Now Nicolodolo goes up against Land and Roope tonight seven hundred. Wlw's coverage begins with that guy Lance and sports talk at six o five eight forty five of the Ardell carriers inside pitch.
Speaker 1: It's done.
Speaker 8: Related to Adam Dunn, no and tencher. Catcher's Tyler Stevenson got some good news. He's able to ramp up his workouts to try to get back from that oblique injury to start playing again.
Speaker 1: In about a month. What about Matt McClain. He went out of the.
Speaker 8: Lineup again last night and then Jake the Snake Freeley was was scratched last night with left side problems.
Speaker 1: He says a hamstring. I don't know something about his left side. I don't know. Matt McClain has got to play and looks he's gonna. He's already missed about half the game. Hopefully he plays tonight.
Speaker 8: Is he tweaking something? I don't ever tweaked anything? Always you're Lassie on this show.
Speaker 1: The left cheek. You ever tweaked it a little bit? Yeah? Eyes ears yan yang leg. Matt McClain's got play, would you agree?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Come on a CAA turning update brought to you by a c R. Gunny Pools and spas whim did call today swim this year? Called Frank He's still running a special Florida twelve down to the Cougars. I saw sixty five sixty three. The Gators are champions and frank Ziebell loves dogs. If you love dogs, called frank zy Bell. Let's see three more Cincinnati, Well, another Bearcat has hit the transfer portal six' eight Forward Tyler. Betsy what About Gisel? James the Fourth bearcat to hit the. Door what About Fizzle. James betsy was the twenty twenty Three Connecticut Gatorade player of The, year averaging three point eight points per. Game who's playing For xavier or you, signed but now roughly half Of cincinnati's rosters in the. Portal but With, betsy he's Still. Cincinnati The bearcats will still be in. Consideration got to pay him more, MONEY i, GUESS i guess that's what it. Is congratulations To Saint Henry boyce basketball Coach Dave. Faust he is retiring after thirty three seasons and a record four hundred and eighty two.
Speaker 1: Wins any relation To Jerry faust AND i don't think?
Speaker 8: So all, Right, oh, Congratulations the master's first round bearrings are? Out What Bernard longer and his forty first and Last masters at eight thirty Five thursday?
Speaker 1: Morning who is he playing? With Phil mickelson nine to fifty?
Speaker 8: Eight the Defending Champigne Scotty scheffler ten fifteen.
Speaker 1: Pm what About?
Speaker 8: Tiger tiger's not, There Bubba watson at eleven twenty and another favorite besides Mister, Scheffler roy McElroy will tee off at one twelve.
Speaker 1: Pm, well he wants to go for the Career Grand. Slam held by three or four. OTHERS i think They're Gene, Saracen Ben, Hogan Gary player and You Jack nicholas And. TIGER i, think But i'm not. Sure please.
Speaker 8: Continue let's See bengals update brought to you By Good spirits And Party town with thirteen locations in Northern.
Speaker 1: Kentucky sixteen days until The National Football League.
Speaker 8: Draft Ohio state running back Quin Shawn judkins, Good we'll visit The bengals.
Speaker 1: TOMORROW i think That travion.
Speaker 8: What's his, Name Traveon Henderson jeffie today meeting today with The, Bengals.
Speaker 1: Anderson related to. Him and then some positive news From North Bend. Roads we never deal with positivity, here segment Never.
Speaker 8: SAINT X lacrosse the home Of Rocky, boyman Upsetting Culver academy the other day in Ot really, So SAINT x is number one in The midwest top ten and number twenty in the nation now in THE Usa Lacrosse High School national.
Speaker 1: Poll so those boys need no counts link for Missus. Nutley is that fair to?
Speaker 8: Say i'm just telling you there's some, positive a little bit of positivity For Rocky boyman HIT.
Speaker 1: X what about UC's frisbee? Team are they coming? IN i haven't heard from them.
Speaker 8: Yet, Nobody, WELL i know the dodgeball, champions The Miami RedHawks are coming In, friday BUT i haven't.
Speaker 1: Tell them we don't play that game. Here are they gonna hit you with the? DODGE i have. NOT i have not heard back from the disc golf champ telling me there's a national N c, double a correct frisbee, champion, right you, see and a dodgeball.
Speaker 5: Too.
Speaker 8: Nobody if somebody, knows somebody at The college Of Applied sciences where this professor, is who's the, coach get a hold of us to try to get them. On we Got purcell coming in with The. Alexander, WELL i don't know we got we got it in the, Mark, no we got. There they may be here in a couple of. Weeks so The alexander has been busy with other other. Games why aren't we more? Important we started with her four years. Ago they've been, here SO i think they're. Trying there may be coming in in about another week or.
Speaker 1: NOW i got her to go TO uc instead Of, ALABAMA lsu or Maybe yukon Or South carolina to let's go TO.
Speaker 8: Uc, Right so that's. Good she could start THE uc women's basketball. Program they're gonna have a Good they had a good team this. Year, yeah but, uh we'll see what. HAPPENS i, mean she's gonna have a good one next.
Speaker 1: Year, well The sandex, Wednsdays, uh what's? It? Lacrosse, yeah get them in. Here let's see what they have to say for. Themselves we don't see what. Happens is that it in sports? Tonight lodelo goes need that big. Win they're now four and, seven they're our last.
Speaker 8: Place see there you, Go and then they go and the day off On thursday and the fact then the homestand Starts pittsburgh On friday night With pittsburgh in the first of, three and then The Seattle mariners With Jade bruner and uh Eachi O suzuki And Ken Griffy jailor come to town next week bringing.
Speaker 1: Back those wolves from one hundred thousand. Years they're. Coming they're coming back to. Play they're going to clone those three players and get them. Here, correct that's not. Bad how about a rod and what about The? King what was that The?
Speaker 11: King?
Speaker 8: Hernandez, yeah Like HERNANDEZ i think is going to start Next. Wednesday let's clone him. Too why not some cloning going?
Speaker 1: On how about the one hundred thousand year dead wolves have been brought back from The game Of. Thrones i'm reading the. Store they have cloned a wolf species that has been out of business for one hundred thousand, years and they're coming back. Now maybe there's hope for you and. Me Maybe Andy furman will come.
Speaker 5: Back is that?
Speaker 1: Possible Wild Man, collinsworth get them all, Back, Bringer, gary get them, back bring them, All get them all, Segment get me out of by the way coming up in about ten. Minutes Rob, Braun, wow The vol twelve volunteer pio of a county AS i always, say south of, here and he's going to uh talk about the life and times of flooding In falmouth and also his years At channel. Twelve Rob, brown will you ought of a sunshiny day here in the Tri? State we leave you with the immortal words of The Stewed. Report here's the pitch By Downing.
Speaker 11: Swinging there's a drive in the left fer. Field that, ball it's gonna bay hot a, Hare it's. Gone it's seven. Fifteen there's a new home run champion of all time and It's henry Arn the fireworks are. Going Henry arron is coming around. Third his teammates at home plate and listen to this. Crowd the sound crowd Is Cherry Henry, aran the home run king of all time seven.
Speaker 1: Fifteen fifty one years ago today In, hotlanta downing on the, mound.
Speaker 8: And he tied it here With Jack billingham And marty first. Game, brenahan what's his name is? It brenahan is?
Speaker 1: Out, yeah That sun's doing. Mornings sun is. WONDERFUL i love that. Guy tommy's Doing, OKAY i love that. Guy BUT i Saw mike McConnell two hours. Ago he came into the. Studio can't, say CAN i show it to?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 1: YEAH i saw. Him did you see? It did you see him walking?
Speaker 4: In?
Speaker 1: Yeah what do you? Think a little? Late There's mike McConnell right. THERE i, said are you? Late what are you? Doing he, said can't say. So mike McConnell has been cited back IN Dj hodge's. Office maybe it's a, coup maybe someone.
Speaker 9: Else.
Speaker 1: Maybe on News radio seven HUNDREDS wlw By bill cunning Into Great, american of, course the plugs continued to Exast we're, Excess we're bag throughout The christ, date and many communities still, suffer Especially aurora And nanna's having a fake New. RICHMOND i talked to some good folks, there and certainly the downtown area has been, inundated and they're. Encouraging, look he lows to stay away because there are personnel that have to. Do there's certain things to get the materials handled to handle the outcome of the. Flood and about two days, Ago i'm WATCHING i think it Was channel. Twelve what troll stands for. News the news authority Is channel, twelve AND i Saw Rob bron is now working In Pendleton county on certain public relations, matters AND i, Thought i've seen that face somewhere. Before. ROB i looked at, THAT i, SAID i THINK i remember that, Guy Rob. Bron so can you tell The american people This tuesday, afternoon what is happening In Pendleton county with the flooding problems? There if?
Speaker 10: ANYTHING i absolutely Can bill BECAUSE i am the volunteer public information officer At Pendleton, County, kentucky.
Speaker 1: Which is a little bit south of a little bit south Of Kenton.
Speaker 10: County correct it, Is, yes it's the last county in OUR i want to say adi which people will, understand but our.
Speaker 1: Market, Yeah so what's happening there?
Speaker 10: Today so the good news today the river level is below flood, stage so the licking comes up quickly and goes down. Quickly it's now under thirty three. Feet it was at thirty nine and a half at its peak and was quite a bit of. Flooding a lot of people were. Affected they had projected it to go to forty, two which was really going to be a, problem but it is. Reduced it is the most flooding That sammoth has seen since the one hundred year flood in ninety.
Speaker 1: Seven things worked really.
Speaker 10: Well, unfortunately yesterday they found a man along the riverbank who died during the. Flooding he is considered a flooding, victim but they're not exactly sure what. Happened but when the river began to receive they found him on the river. Bank his name Was Robert. Boo they called Him. Singleton he just a really good. Guy everybody town knew. Him he was something of an, environmentalist did things like set up river clean up. Things he was a hands on kind of. Environmentalists so we don't.
Speaker 1: Know if you had a heart, attacker but we don't know what, happened but it may be flood. Related that's to be, determined. Correct that is exactly. Right the corner will make that determination at some. Point what else CAN i tell, You, Bill, well how about Foul let's talk about how Bad when you talk About Licking, river it's one of the few rivers in the world that goes from south to north for all kinds of. Reasons Exactly, yeah very few do that because of the rotation of the. Earth i'm a little bit of a amateur. Geologist the fluvial. Processes that geomorphology is Something i've looked at for a long. TIME i love the water flow and interaction with with sedimentary. Rocks that's a different issue of. Mine but, nonetheless how bad was it in Foul mould say yesterday for the worst part of the.
Speaker 9: Flood you, KNOW i would say guessing a third.
Speaker 1: Of the area was.
Speaker 10: Underwater it was. SIGNIFICANT i mean it Really we really got lucky that it didn't go to forty two, feet but there were significant. Damage people today are having their power turned back on and they did that and are currently doing, it you, know as each street became relieved of the.
Speaker 1: Water but it's really gone like.
Speaker 10: Clockwork and one of the reasons is the, volunteers and it was largely a volunteer, group and then there's law enforcement and the emergency management folks on top of. That but they had experience built from ninety, seven so they knew what they were. Doing so they just really reached in and pulled out the playbook and it just went like. Clockwork and the folks who were affected know what flooding can do because of ninety, Seven so no one was, saying you, Know i'm going to hang out here while the flood comes. Up everybody we needed to get out got out because they saw ninety.
Speaker 1: Seven all you got to do is go through one flood like a ninety. Seven and guess what point on when the authorities, say, okay we're gonna have some flooding, problems people. React and if you don't know what happened in ninety seven And cincinnati was, inundated Almost Third street was taken, out and it was a terrible flood that was much. WORSE i think the flood of ninety seven had sixty four feet on The High river and this one maybe got to Sixty an extra four feet makes a huge. Difference so since let's go. BACK i asked you off the. Air you began a channel twelve and wit year approximately the fall of eighty, FOUR i think it, was and then you became the main anchor like in eighty seven for the next thirty five. Years, yep that's exactly what. Happened when you look back on those thirty five. Years i've said this to you off, there that radio is fundamentally. Different The inquirer used to be the three or four local, papers The, inquiry The post and The Time, star and now it's down to The. Inquirer they had about a half million On sunday circulation about ten years. Ago now it's down in about forty thousand instead of a half. Million radio stations were. Everywhere we had news department five fifty seven hundred and thirteen sixty fifteen THIRTY u PROLIFERATING fm stations were. Everywhere radios change, fundamentally televisions change. Fundamentally did, anyone and you're maybe the dominant male anchor in the last forty years or so AT, krc did anyone see this? Coming did you ever think you'd be in a situation where the newsrooms may. Consolidate i'm told by one of the main anchors in town that in about three years there might be two or three anchors left In cincinnati that all across the, country television is, changing radio is changing completely and So sprint did anyone see this?
Speaker 9: Coming they, Did, actually they didn't see the.
Speaker 10: Bias at the level that it is now in media. Outlets it's less so in local news but great in national. News so about fifteen years ago they told us that we would not be on the air in five years because of social. Media it took a lot longer for that to, happened but the entire industry has changed because WHAT i used to do At channel, twelve we were totally. Independent we were firewalled off from the sales department and every kind of corporate. Influence and that. Changed once the corporate influence came into the, newsroom everything changed and we were no longer. Independent and that's what you're seeing. Today it's the number one QUESTION i get asked from people is rob where you go.
Speaker 9: To find your news to get unbiased?
Speaker 10: News and the, question you, KNOW i watch everybody in town and THEN i go to, YouTube bill AND i FIND i do WHAT i did WHEN i was a. REPORTER i listened for the afternoon session with The White. HOUSE i listened to the sheriff for whatever events going. On i'm trying to get my information from the horse's mouth rather than somebody From washington D.
Speaker 1: C spinning it for.
Speaker 10: Me and that's how a aggressive you have to be in order to get unbiased information these. Days so what they told us fifteen years ago is now happening because most people are getting their news from their. Phone, yeah AND i just don't know how much longer the traditional news will be able to.
Speaker 1: Exist it's a money, thing and you know that absolutely same thing in. RADIO i look at television news and if you were the main anchor ON Cbs Evening news OR abc OR, nbc that was a big. Deal Lester holte is leaving. Soon channel THE cbs is. Done they have two anchors there and that's. Failing AND i Think David marry is doing better than. Most but let's face, it no one now turns to the evening news to See in. RADIO i used to wake up in the morning and, SAY i wonder who won THE REGs game last? Night AND i have to, well where do you find that? Out IF i didn't listen, HERE i didn't happen to. LISTEN i gotta, wait what's the weather going to be? Today, WELL i don't have to wait Until Tim headrick would tell me what the weather's going to, be and if there's a traffic, PROBLEM i got my. Phone so everything has changed.
Speaker 10: Everything and they still. People the research shows that people still tune in for the weather because it is constantly. Changing and that's the number one Reason Vision news now. Weather so, yeah it is. Weather and speaking Of, hedrick, boy DO i Miss? HEDRICK i, mean we just had a great time working together for so many.
Speaker 1: Years as far as the, future we were, told you, know in five years you don't need, towers The Big ones tower And mason's going to be. Gone the company sold the land underneath. It already everything's going to be. Digital we don't need a phone service. Anymore everything's in the. Cloud the information we received in my. RIGHT i have websites. UP i Got Fox, NEWS i HAVE, CNN i have The, INQUIRY i have bright bart to have Town, HALL i got Red stead AT, espn AND i Have channel nine W. Cup i'd look and look and look for. That i'm a news junkie as you. Are do you miss your decision was voluntarily to walk, Away Rob? Bron do you miss it at?
Speaker 8: ALL i?
Speaker 10: DO i actually, Do they asked you to. Stay it was just time to, Leave bill because it wasn't it wasn't my kind of. NEWS i couldn't give them what they were looking for BECAUSE i needed it to be more in my control and less influenced by the corporation that owned. Us and but IF i could have it back the WAY i had, it THEN i would still be doing.
Speaker 1: It so you'd be you'd be entering your forty first. Year but corporately a, change and then when it, changes and all media companies are close to going bankrupt if they haven't. Already And channel, Twelve i'm not sure who Owns channel twelve right, now but five nine nineteen that is fundamentally changed the in cars corporately. Owned AND i said earlier To Randy michaels and, others if somebody had the, foresight maybe fifteen or twenty years, ago to keep our, club just keep it this way and have a LOCAL tv station that covered local news, objectively you'd be making a. Fortune and that that's not the way it. Works, no it's.
Speaker 10: Not If sinclair still owns, Twelve scripts are still In, cincinnati but because of the the you, know the way the money is made in the business, anymore and the fact that the pie is cut up in many more pieces now than it was, then scripts has had to kind of. Conform but back in the day we were owned by local. FOLKS i, Mean linda owned this for a lot of, years and so when you have local, ownership there is that parochial kind of way to do. Business and it's just really paid.
Speaker 1: Off and those days are never. Returning would you agree it's? Over oh, yeah it's not coming. Back it's going to be in your pocket and your. Phone and that's the extent of.
Speaker 10: It the problem now is that everybody thinks they can be a reporter because they have a phone on the, camera and so there are a lot of people trying AND i think that will fall away a little bit and there will be, some you.
Speaker 9: Know guys who do it right who maybe emerge from.
Speaker 10: That but gone is the ethics and the morals and all of the checks and balances that we had in place that we wouldn't release information until.
Speaker 9: We were darn sure we were.
Speaker 10: Right and NOW i would venture to say, this seventy five to eighty percent of what you see on your phone is.
Speaker 1: Wrong that's a low. PERCENTAGE i think it might be it might be. Low, Well i'm glad you were. There i'm glad you were there at the time you were, there and you took up, RIGHT i think From Nick, clooney is that? Correct channel? Twelve was HE i? Did?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Absolutely And nick taught me a lot of. Things he was my mentor in the. BUSINESS i went To knoxville and got started and came. Back in, Fact nick was influential in bringing me back. Home and everybody wants to work at, home. Right it was wonderful to be able to come home and be received By cincinnati folks the WAY i was received for so many, years AND i do miss.
Speaker 1: That but it's gone and you're. DEAD i see old clips that You're dad With ruthlines in the fifty to fifty, club and he was there till LIKE i think he left in nineteen eighty. FOUR i think that was his last time he was on the, air and he was. Done he came and he came here to work in the. Morning he worked on in the morning. SHOW i think on five FIFTY, sei which is thirteen, sixty he did the morning.
Speaker 10: Show he did because For, dad his life was. Broadcasting he didn't play golf and he didn't do anything. Else he lifted weights and he. Worked and so When mom And dad were in the North ridge earthquake In, California mom looked At dad when they're sitting under the dining room table of trying to avoid the dishes that were coming down on their. Heads he, Goes, Bob i'm ready to go back To. Cincinnati so now we have. Floods that's what they.
Speaker 1: Did in the. Future have you thought about getting back into, broadcasting maybe in radio or podcasting something like.
Speaker 10: That you, KNOW i always thought in my mind THAT i would sort of semi retire and try to do something at. Radio but as you pointed, out radio today is not what radio, was and it's not so centrally, located and it's not local local local.
Speaker 1: ANYMORE i, mean you.
Speaker 10: Are you are what we all turn to because you you, know you're the guy who is still holding on and giving us what we're what we, need what we're looking.
Speaker 1: For you're talking about local issues as local.
Speaker 10: Folks, yeah AND i really believe that that's what's lacking everywhere but your.
Speaker 1: Show oh, Yeah i'm holding.
Speaker 3: On WHAT i.
Speaker 10: WAS i was so tickled to see That Tommy browneman was coming back to do. Mornings, though how about that McConnell had a great run AND i wish him the. Best And i'm so glad that That tommy got back in AT. Lw you, Know Rob, brian you bring that.
Speaker 1: Up about twenty minutes, AGO i walk out to the lobby to pick something up and then Walks mike, McConnell AND i got a. PICTURE i tell me to get a picture of. THIS i, Said, mike do you miss it? ALREADY i, Said and he looked at me and, said, NOW i got to do a few. Spots and he put his head down and walked into a production. Studio but have you missed it? Already but there's something about this business that drags you, in and once you get, in very few people voluntarily. Leave you left. Voluntarily mike McConnell left, Voluntarily Jim, Scott Gary burbank, left and hardly anyone else really leaves without being pushed out the. Door it's the.
Speaker 9: Truth there's SOMETHING i don't.
Speaker 1: Know it's like A it gives you. Juice you have to admit.
Speaker 10: IT i, mean, YEAH i was guaranteed to have two rushes of adrenaline the day WHEN i was doing the, news AND i miss that. Too you learn how to manage that energy and you also learn how to need it. Sometimes SO i think that's why people.
Speaker 1: Linger, well HOPEFULLY i won't, linger BUT i want to thank you for the kind words you said about. ME i try to be, local, local. Local YESTERDAY i had On Connie. Pillach i'm gonna have On remaine, McGuffey Rob, SANDERS i have on quite often having you on. TODAY i want to do, local, local, local local from PEOPLE i, know because that's missing in the. Marketplace and when someone tells me to quit doing, that that's When i'm going to walk out the.
Speaker 10: Door, yes you'll know when to, go but please stay around as long as you. Can, Bill i'm hanging on by my. Fingertips Rob bron you're a Great.
Speaker 1: American you're on My Mount rushmore in the last forty years of anchors In, cincinnati and thanks for coming. In you're volunteering your time to a great county south Of Kenton county in order to keep things under, control and right now they. Are give my best to the great folks In, Follnmouth. Kentucky one of the last shows that your dad did was in nineteen eighty Four brown And company AND i went on his, show Is What's happening To Talk? Radio AND i kind of gave him my perspective on talk radio that is lost to the. Ages but if someone has a clip of me and you're dead on his, Show i'd like to see. It But Rob, bron you're a Great american and thanks for coming on The Bill Cunningham. Show And i'm going to hang on a little bit long with your, Permission, rob please, Do, bill And i'm honored to be with. You god bless. You let's continue with more news. Next that's your home of The reds and The bengals And Rob bron And Bob Bron News radio seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 12: WLW i think there was this concern among some folks That Donald trump would come in for a second term and kind of be a lame. Duck he ain't no lame. Duck if, Anything he's a soaring. Eagle what AM i talking about? Here let's talk About trump executive. Orders in twenty twenty, Five he's already signed one hundred and eleven so. Far that is the most at this point in a presidency and at least one hundred. Years in, fact it's the most in any single. Year more only In april Since HARRY. S truman in the early nineteen. Fifties the bottom line, is whether you Like trump or you don't like, him you can't say that he's comment and not try to deliver on what he at least believes was his promises on the campaign, trail and he's doing so in historic. Fashion how are people reacting too and feel about? Proach, yeah, okay So trump's approach? Here what are we talking About trump's approach to presidential? POWER i think The american people recognize what he's doing here is completely.
Speaker 1: Different we're Talking get.
Speaker 12: This eighty six percent of The american public believes That trump's approach to presidential power is completely different from past, presidents compared to only fourteen percent who believe it is in line with President and we're talking about at least seventy nine percent Of, Democrats independence And. Republicans so, again you can agree or you can disagree With Donald, trump but what you can't disagree with is that he's doing things very. DIFFERENTLY i have used The Frank sinatra quote. Before he is doing it quote unquote my, way and that is What Donald trump has done throughout both of his presidential, terms and he's certainly doing. That Cape bauldwin in term number.
Speaker 3: Two, hello, Quiet i'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Rock that's your. Friend Harry entton OF Cnn News. NETWORK i watched it this. Morning i'm glad they played the. Clip it's unbelievable. That and they have new pulling up that if the election were held today Between john but Between Donald John trump and a woman Named, harris the vote would be fifty two to thirty eight for The trump. Start, now his approval raiser up doesn't like to hear. That, no they'll probably go down next. Week Kamala harrison get hammered even more than she's hammered on the regular.
Speaker 13: Basis but if that's the, horse they're on a, ride keep, going keep, going keep, going.
Speaker 1: Please Harry entton, said guess what people like what's going. On they give him a high approval. Rating election held, today he would have Be kamala fifty two to thirty, eight not even.
Speaker 13: Close you know, why because he actually has. Solutions you may not agree with the. Solutions but The democrats only proposition is Whatever trump does is. Bad they have no nothing they really stand for except for men playing in women's.
Speaker 1: Sports that's a hill that.
Speaker 13: One what if the little rock says they were taken abortion as is the albatross they want TO i guess.
Speaker 1: We thought the conservative side won an abortion because of DoD. NO i said at the, time if it goes to the, states half the, states you're going to have more liberal abortion laws Than roe Versus. Wade and guess. What colorado passed the law now that says the taxpayer In colorado will pay for your abortion up through. Birth so healthy babies being aborted by a healthy, taxpayer not like a privately funded. Voorganization they also demand that any insurance company instead Of colorado will pay for abortions through. Birth same thing with a sexual mutilation through birth got to pay baby's aborted through. Birth and, uh you know a kid wants to change. Genders as a, parent you can't say. No it's determined to be child. Abuse if you tell your, kids wait a, Minute i'm not going to agree to have you have be sexually. Mutilated guess, what they can lock you up and take your kid away.
Speaker 13: Now you can you Can the argument that depends swung where maybe more people in this country are accepting of some form abortion than there was in years, past but in terms of the amount of people that are against you, know mutilation of of genitals of, KIDS i would say it's pretty. High most of the countries is like you know, what like, that and even higher that you should allow men to compete in women's, sports.
Speaker 1: Or that parents don't have a saying whether the child. Transitions in many states you don't have a saying that in fact his child. Abuse if you say, no, no what it's, like are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: No and how COME?
Speaker 13: Np all those right backs to the. Mothers the mothers, say, well you're not going to tell me HOW i.
Speaker 1: Should raise my? Kid, Mothers, well how about how ABOUT, npr how about v X u and these other g UC's supported by the? Taxpayer gone get rid of. It it's not going to be in the. Budget if you want to pay for bad, radio pay for. It, yes speaking of bad radio, segment what about? Sports will He the stood reporters Of Proud service of Your life Called tamestar heating in their conditioning Dealers tamestar quality you can feel in Beautiful Northern.
Speaker 8: Kentucky got any weather heating and air at eight, five, nine, seven eight one forty eight twenty two sort your Man Hunter green dealing last night will he. Is The reds beat The giants two, nil eight and two thirds, innings one, run four, hits seven. K's he was forced to switch gloves prior to the start of the.
Speaker 1: Game roncket your. Reaction he had the wrong patterned glove on his webbing of his of his red. Glove the glove had designs on, it which is distracting to the. Batter but he's used. That he's used the glove for the last two. Years and nobody said a. Thing who made this thing about? It that The colorado, MANAGER.
Speaker 8: I think THAT i know they played The. Giants they played The colorado manager, complained.
Speaker 1: Your mind is Doing? Colorado about? That about? That and then because of that and The New york and then then then The giants said wait a, minute and then said let's. Wait Then we're gonna wait until there's some critical, moment like you, know and they thought bases loaded the, count but they, said, well we better do it. Now so there's several teams that have said to the league that he's got the wrong kind of a. Glove it's, like what, now you played baseball for many, years what you do you look at the release. Point you don't look at the glove or the. Diet you look right there is where you. Look and so but somebody was waiting for the. Moment he gave him what they.
Speaker 13: Deserved eight and two thirds brilliance right, there, brilliance a beige, glove.
Speaker 1: Glove. Glove, yeah just give me the. BALL i don't mean the glove held the balls that here comes a curveball in it right, here well right. There unfortunately he didn't complete the game because he walked somebody and then a, single and then all.
Speaker 13: Was talking after the game about how that was You you gotta get win four and seven bomb giants are?
Speaker 1: Good what what if that was a three run?
Speaker 9: Dinger?
Speaker 8: Game two tonight the six oh five with that Guy lance And Sports talk eight forty five with THE rnl carriers inside, pitch and then.
Speaker 1: It's too late for the extra inning. Show we've got Red, eye right red, eye he, said the games of six oh. Five it's not a six o.
Speaker 8: FIVE i said. Six our coverage begins at six oh. Five make a mistake you you'll be able to.
Speaker 1: Account be. Careful thanks for. Listening let's see what else is going on About mike McConnell coming about ST. X but now now we're, back that will never be said during these HOURS a bunch of. Alitis you missed it last, Hour tell me next they. Did just. Relax forget about missus running this sho you're talking about?
Speaker 8: Her three, more three more players have hit the transfer polar portal from The.
Speaker 1: Bearcats i'm saying next To.
Speaker 8: Tyler betsy uh he was The Connecticut Gatorade player of The year in twenty twenty. Three uh Jj remberts a guard and big, man And Arrington page has now left The. Bearcats Does santex have a portal to go To Deer Park SAINT X? Lacrosse this Upsetting Culver academy and. Ot The SAINT X bombers are number one in The midwest and the top. Ten they're number twenty in the nation in THE Usa Lacrosse High School National top twenty five.
Speaker 13: Dynasty so they last, year, right they need? Counseling how they were doing pretty good without the.
Speaker 1: Counciling not so Much Missus, nutley though he's facing ten years in hard, Time daddy Hard.
Speaker 8: Time masters First Round, thursday eight thirty, Five Bernard longer his forty first and Last. Masters how about? That they gave him a Customized Mercedes benz For Bernard longer for his Last, masters The masters gave it To. Hi, yeah forty one. Years master's logo Is, yeah that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Good nine Eight Phil. Bicholson When mike McConnell left h they gave him a craft beer and a gift.
Speaker 8: Certificate he's having a Party. Friday what you saw about big? Party ten fifteen am On, Thursday Scottie. Sheffler why is he?
Speaker 1: Back? Rock any? IDEAS i got the photo put it on MY x. Account McConnell's. Back maybe overtaking some other show by, force can't. Say meeting WITH Dj hodge And tony Durn scott.
Speaker 13: Nined a noon, slot could have been a three to six, slot about noon to, three noon to, three maybe Red Eye radio late at? Night will it'd be something he retires from the morning show and does nine at?
Speaker 1: Midnight, yeah be the. Best what About Gary Jeff he's a radio? Talent right? Segment you're? Right any more? Sports that's it all? Right rock has many issues laid upon the. Table, yes number. One the game last Night National championship game THEY U houston, team WHICH i thought was gonna. Win he led the entire. Games ever up by, twelve and they couldn't get the ball within twenty five feet of the basket with about fourteen seconds to. Go as the coach, said you got to have a final. Shot you gotta, drive. Drive spread the weird thing because the ball got passed and the guy couldn't y yang this and then he tried his shot and it. Wasn't you got to, say spread it. Out, play get my best ball handler one on, one top of the, key spread it out and go and you get double, team throw the ball to the guy that's. Open that's WHAT i did At Saint. Gertrude's so they went for the, win THOUGH i mean to go For they want to go for. Three seg your. Reaction that's what you would have. DONE i would have gone for, three BUT i Had Mark, simmons a great ball, handler Had Mike kola fell in the. MIDDLE i, said, guy spread it, out get the ball To Mark, mark kick it. Out in case you get double team to se whoever relieves the offensive, player throw to that. Guy, YES i guess. Out the the game play was the ball was going to. You, correct correct to, me AND i said to kick it out one on one get fouled or make it in a layup or kick it out for the. Three and they did me to me at that, moment you couldn't do it to, me get out to. Me to, me there's NO i in, team but there's a million. Team that's WHAT i. Said. Right, well it was a great. Game it was. Wonderful, yeah what's on The big show?
Speaker 13: Today we've Got Mark sheldon right out of the eight talk about your red hot reds and we have your former Girlfriend Tanya ror three five talk about the floods.
Speaker 1: As water And rob Bron on at two of five talking about television journalism plus a little bit of flooding and. Foulmouth but, nonetheless what do you say about television journal was going to be two or three, left AND i think everyone agrees that within three years it will be not four news. Operations if nineteen, five nine twelve is going to be two or three left talking locally or locally and in local news is and same as national. News, listen you, know can you name the anchors on THE cbs Evening? News? Now how ABOUT nbc Leicster holtz leaving next. Month the whole thing is no one, Cares no one cares for younger people. Especially they.
Speaker 3: Don't they.
Speaker 1: Don't they're not beholding the time slots and the six pm, news and they listen to podcasts and talk. Radio that's what they. Listened that's. It As Tanya rock About Rob, BROWN i will and see H you know he said six seven years, AGO i couldn't take it. Anymore. Left so where's he living now he's? LIVING i didn't ask him where he's. LIVING i think he lived In Sycamore, township BUT i think he now lives in falm With Northern. Kentucky he was one of the. Best, yeah he's on my mout rushmore of the last thirty YEARS tv. Anchors would you? AGREE i agree with. That the other, three it's very. Difficult Tim hedrick's got to be up there as a as a weather, guy AND i THINK dj And brew and Then. Poppo you gotta put those three up. There that's three. Names you gotta Put, scheri you gotta Put, Frisher mackie, right you gotta Put Oma, rashid you gotta Put Tanya. Shielda gray's got to be up. There jet But jerry he, was he was a shooting. Star Normal ross Sheet norman rash sheet she teaches At Nkssie, Ross Betsy, ross the old. Names how about putting them all up there in twenty? Years george? Lonesome he was. Lonesome he was always, lonely but he was never. Alone you know What i'm? Saying what else?
Speaker 4: Is what?
Speaker 1: Else you doing the.
Speaker 13: Same we got our plastic surgeon guest Doctor Bruce herman on at four o'clock talk about.
Speaker 1: The latest, trend beard. Transplants beard?
Speaker 13: Transplants why because people value facial wear matter like.
Speaker 1: Me you can't grow a good.
Speaker 13: Beers people will, say you take the follicles over here and you put them up here and you get a sculpted yeah.
Speaker 1: Beard very. Interesting that's why we're having him on at four. O'clock sig did you hear about? THIS i didn't hear ABOUT i can't grow a beard. EITHER i never. Could what it? Is but women like? That last time you? Work does she like? Beards Joe dieters doesn't have a, beard, right can't talk about? That you can't talk about you can't all our, Missus Joe. Eaters you can't do?
Speaker 9: That why?
Speaker 1: Not can't call him Mister joe Justice joe to, you Mister i'm. Sorry i'm, sorry but that'll be. INTERESTING i want to hear about. Beards what's your Thoughts you're about the have a.
Speaker 13: Clone the dire wolfs a ten thousand year old wolf they've brought back to. Life what's your thoughts on. That there's a lot of good Philosophical i'd like to have a dinosaur brought. Back can we get a t resh saber tooth? Tiger get let's do. It, Yeah and in, fact we've seen this this play out before in a movie. Twice but IT'S i guess it's a. Reality you can't do it now about human. Beings what are the ethics, involved?
Speaker 1: THOUGH i think there's.
Speaker 13: Ethics for whatever, reason you, know the world decided that the Dire wolf should be no, more and now we're bringing it back along with other. Items and it's like an apex. Predder it's like it's like twice the size of a gray. Wolf let, them they're gonna let they let these things out in the. Wild they're gonna kill. Everything is that all the, elk all the, deer all the other wolves and the, horses the, horses old, alves. Pigs the re introduced a wolf back In. Minnesota they those things kill. Everything got all the elk everything you gotta eat weigh one hundred and fifty, pounds, right Jif, parter they have done. It Where's Chip park Where jip part is getting ready for The Fishing tournament Of.
Speaker 1: BRISTOL i also read that there's going around that whole. World there is THE.
Speaker 13: Uh people are wondering Is china doing things genetically in terms OF iq to the children that are being? Born and they USE covid as a way to get people genetic information to start tinkering.
Speaker 1: Around with it as Tan, yo rock about that, THOUGH i WILL dna and you have a super race, smarter, smarter more strong. Kids, yeah, yeah but your scientist was so preoccupied with whether or not they could they just not to think they should could and. Should it Was Jeff. Goldblum pretty good For, Rocky thank, You thank. YOU i Love Tom. BRENNEMAN i Love Tom brennman. Too segment get me out of, Studio willie AND i to have a sunshiny day in the Tri. State we leave you with the immortal, words but cold of The Stewo driple always could be with, You, bill see you. Later that's our governor going out the, door But Baked ramaswami Up Deer Park High school is coming. Back is that? Correct yes on seven HUNDRED wlw do you