Speaker 1: So, Tyler, do you know, since you are younger and far more hip than I am, have you heard have you ever heard of Spreen?
Speaker 2: I cannot say I've heard of Spreen.
Speaker 1: Okay, because he's an alleged influencer and has like seven million followers on YouTube and started a match in Argentina, and now the Argentine Justice Department is raising questions and the people's eyebrow about having an influencer with no soccer experience starting a match as a as a promotional opportunity in Argentina. So yeah, Spreen started.
Speaker 2: I mean, if the club wanted to play, who cares well?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the folks that are tied to the juice boxes.
Speaker 1: And that was why I brought it up, because they were a large dog at home. They were a minus five ninety six, the draw was a plus two to eighty one in the composite and the match ended up as a one to one draw.
Speaker 3: So you got wink wink, nudge nudge. Had you do?
Speaker 1: How'd you do against the team at the top of the table, and you, as the home massive dogs started Spreen, a YouTube influencer and played him for fifty seconds before you burned a window and you burned a sub I don't know how many sub windows you have in Argentina, but it was just it was odd to begin with. And now when the Argentine Justice Department's kind of sitting there going bruh or fam I don't know if it was a singular or a plural request, but now we have the Argentine Justice Department raising the people's eyebrow over starting spreen.
Speaker 3: If you were a dipper TiVo riestro, so that was opening kickoff this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the people who are in charge of dealing with the monies uh huh absolutely had something to say because why in the world does the government need to get involved in our quaint, little, not quaint little soccer game. Like I've heard of speed, I've never heard of Spreen. I almost said Spleen.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what's that for me?
Speaker 1: When I first heard about dude, I'm like, that sounds like a body part than an old guy would sprain. So, I mean, yeah, sprain, I've heard of Spleen, but I've never heard of note.
Speaker 2: To be fair, and this is not a knock him on the young man at all. I didn't know who in the world the influencer was that hit the Golden Spike earlier this year in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: You ain't looking at me for that, if.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, apparently he's doing quite well. I wish he would toss some of those those subscribers our way YouTube, but I just look some of them, you know, you see more than others. I don't know who that guy was in, nor do I know who Spleen Spring Spring scene is.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh huh uh huh yeah, so I'm hit. No, well, I shoot, I have I have not been hip for quite some time. Uh but no, that was opening kickoff this morning. It was either that or Undertaker modeling the third jersey for Genoa.
Speaker 3: That is now.
Speaker 2: That was that was out of left field.
Speaker 1: Well, and I will say this, I'll give Genoa credit, uh A for the marketing budget and b jersey's pretty sweet, I'll give I'll give him credit for that. Traditionally, for me, anything in the darker colors where I can mask spilling something that's always a good thing for me. But yeah, the the Undertaker modeling Jennaa's third jersey. Rita Aura apparently did it last year and so now they have Undertaker doing it this year. So it was I was torn as to what opening kickoff was going to be. It was either going to be Undertaker or Argentina, and I went with Spreen and Argentina.
Speaker 2: You had options this morning, for sure. A lot of stuff happening over the past twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't kidding, brother, all right?
Speaker 1: So in chat, yes, MLS Monday, How was your MLS Monday?
Speaker 3: After knocking off Messi and friends? How was that? For those that have not had the chance to catch the replay?
Speaker 2: I had to spend Sunday with very very minimal speaking because I had no voice. I don't know if you've seen me lose in my mind along with everybody else at the end of that match, and I'll watch along, but I yeah, I had I had very minimal voice activity on Sunday. So Monday came around, and you know, the whole point of that thing's supposed to be an MLS Monday show, not just an Atlanta United show. But I mean, the biggest story really in soccer this past weekend was was what Atlanta did to Messi. And we had Steve Cangelosi who called the game on which was great, and you know, got some insight from him about the game and the series and then also about you know, the other matches that are going on, and look, you've got that ha ha ha ha kind of mentality about it. You got you know, everybody's just kind of reveling in the moment, which is really really fun to see everybody's excited. And then I think kind of the consensus by the end of it was, you know, yes, like Miami is out cool. I don't care. I really don't care. As an Atlanta fan, I can I can revel in the moment and be so happy that it was Atlanta that did it. But there are there are still some genuinely good fun storylines and games like if you're neutral, Atlanta Orlando is a must watch, the Hudson River Darby's a must watch, Like you've got some really good games coming up, and just because they don't have a guy named Leno Messi and it doesn't mean they're not worth watching.
Speaker 1: So and in the West, if Chawk happens, then you set up with El Traffico for a possible Western Conference final.
Speaker 2: Yep, there's there's lots of cool things happening. And if you if you were on the Messy bandwagon and you just happened to still be here after the better team knocked him out of the tournament. Go watch these other games, because I promise you they'll be much more entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yes, And the the idea, and this is a part of the conversation that I've been having involving Messian friends specifically, is that when you are built the way that you're built, and you are The analogy that I came up with was the Loyal and merrymount offense from college basketball, where literally it's like, if you have the ball in your hands any more than five seconds, you're taking entirely too long before you put up a shot.
Speaker 3: Yea. And it is it was so.
Speaker 1: Heavily stilted toward the offense that when you have the defense structured the way that you do, then you have injuries attached to that defense, then Tata Martine and the staff have to and Jorge Teeler they have to be imaginative and trying to figure out, Okay, how are we going to fill these holes and how are we going to try and and you know, cover up all of the cracks and the foundation of our defense. And it's also the difference in a one off and a best of three, because you can analyze what's going on with what happened in match number one, the injuries, the Sergei bousquetes where he's not available in two busquets ends up, you know, being a sub in Matt number three after no, he wasn't available, but no, he practiced on the side and everything's fine. He's just questionable subterfusion and a decider. Who ever thought of something like that when it came to player health and identification.
Speaker 3: But it's the difference in a bunch of things.
Speaker 1: Where you find out where I think it's what twenty five percent of the cap space for Messian friends is toward like a handful of dudes towards the Gulf Stream galacticos, and then you've got to figure out how you're going to fill those absences, and then figure out defense and then best of three. So there's a lot of stuff in play here involving a top seed that if you can find a way to be clinical, then you things go your way.
Speaker 3: Am I making any sense this early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Look, I got coffee, so it's helping.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all.
Speaker 2: It's all coming in loud and clear. I promise what you're saying is I'll translate for those that thank you couldn't you know, I got it. It was it was loud and clear to me.
Speaker 3: The stream of consciousness that's here.
Speaker 2: Translation is maybe don't put all your eggs in one basket. You should have a well rounded team. And it's not like it was a secret at this point in the season that Miami's defense sucked. They you can get in behind them, you can you can beat them on counters, you can do things to exploit them. We know, and we said it last week on here on this show, on my show Everything. You get into a game with Miami and at some point it's going to start becoming a shootout. You just have to score more goals than them, because they're going to score. It's gonna happen to go and you just got to attack their defense. And then for their defense, their defense was so bad.
Speaker 3: How bad was it that in.
Speaker 2: Like the seventy fifth minute, one guy decided to just stop playing the game. He just gave up and laid down in the middle of the pitch. And then the rest of them decided, oh, remember all the fundamentals that we learned from the time we're six years old to like play, to the whistle. It all went out the window. That's how bad that defense was. And Pedro Amador said, uh, you know, it was really funny if you if you go back and watch Pedro omedor he I'm on our watch along. I'm like, oh my god, they're giving him so much time to pick out a shot, Like how dumb are you? This guy has been a sniper and he nailed it again. He he he lines up this shot and because of all the craziness right, like nobody knows like is he gonna blow the whistle? Like because Ivery listens down, Pedro takes the takes the cross and then because of the confusion, he just kind of turns around and like walks off and it almost looks like he called it like Steph Curry or like you know, James Bond, and there's an explosion in the background. He's just walking away from the explosion, surely because nobody knew what was going on exactly. And then Slish so happy for that man, especially after what he went through.
Speaker 1: He had to go charging inside the eighteen and the trampoline that he got on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, beautiful that was.
Speaker 1: But I think that and I'll give Lanta United social media team credit for this. They started calling him Hawkeye, meaning amador. Yeah, and I think that that's going to stick YEP.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get him to use the meme of Hawkeye. I just need them to just pace his face over Hawkeye, you know, with the bow taken out, taking out the guys and the Avengers.
Speaker 3: But and that was you had playoff.
Speaker 1: You had playoff Jamal who almost had a hat trick in six minutes after the slam dunk that hit the post that he was second to in the fifteenth, and then the two goals in nineteenth and the twenty first, and then you had the proposed equalizer but he was offside and Ronald had played that particular element of it to keep it at two to one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was just I was. I was in the press tribunal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you were probably in the same seat.
Speaker 1: I was in uh rod thirty one, seat fifteen, so I was. I was in like the front row of the two.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was in thirty two, seat seven, So I wasn't that far away from there.
Speaker 3: At least you had something to, you know, to rest your back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I'm sitting there and it's like, Okay, how am I going to write this article? And basically I pull out I pulled out my tablet and I'm sitting there and typing moments while I'm trying to figure out, Okay, how am I going to write this thing? And I'm writing on my tablet at the half yep, But it was it was a bunch of it was. It was a sold out house, but it was like almost like a Laker game or a Dodger game where everybody just kind of showed up right before kickoff and then the place finally filled in.
Speaker 2: That's what happened when I was down there. It was kind of weird, like at opening a before opening whistle, I was like, there are empty seats in this stadium and then this is messy and it's a playoff game, like what are we doing? And then they filled in pretty pretty shortly thereafter. But I was I was a little surprised.
Speaker 1: But you had a lot of folks who in the second half down to one as they well, first off, when you had the goal called off side that was the equalizer in the first half. Uh, they didn't want to hear it. But it's like you look at it and you go no, dude was like a full head and shoulders off side behind Ronald at the point of impact. Then in the second half, as things got more desperate and desperate and desperate, uh, when you had I guess how do we phrase this?
Speaker 3: The the aggressiveness of inter Miami on the field where they did I think whistle.
Speaker 1: I think it was a whistle optional second half at points when it when it came to calling foul, whistle optional, yes. And the one moment that sticks with me as they're chasing after that equalizer is the the late combination where I think it was Redondo cleared out Jay Fortune yep, literally just forearms, shiver to the back. Jay goes down and it's just kind of like nah. And then Messi, who never dives, yep. Basically it was a softy and he just kind of was like and then oh, whistle bang set piece. You know, yeah, you can get all the black helicopters out you want. When it came to that second half and Messi and friends chasing after that equalizer because.
Speaker 3: Nothing was called, and I mean nothing was called.
Speaker 2: I had people in comments and they were like, it's so ridiculous. The referees have been in everybody else's pocket all season, and I'm like, are you, like, are you trolling? Or like, are you actually believe that seriously?
Speaker 3: They were saying that on the watch along No.
Speaker 2: No, no, this was on This was after the fact, after it was all said and done, and I was like, I don't, I don't know that that's even like kind of believable by anybody. I don't. I don't think anybody actually thinks that you're being serious right now. The fact that you can go and and do what you did to Brad and I and I heard I heard Jason freak out about it in the NonStop Access video. He I, I'm surprised he didn't come up swinging, and it looked like he wanted to. It looked like he wanted to. He came up, and it's it's not just one right, Like I understand what Messi's trying to do. He's trying to get the ball, he's trying to restart it quickly. Whatever. It's that's fine. The fact that Campana comes up and just absolutely levels him and it and and it was funny. I even said this on the watch a line. I was like, somebody's gotta take the clip of him like falling continue into the net into a gift because it was pretty funny, but Compana, how you get away with that with no card at all? Like that should tell you all you need to know about the way that this, this entire match was reffed whatever. And then Suarez has to come in and get his because Brad had had bowed up at him a couple of times already and they had been yapping off whatever. And I said that moment, I literally said it out lasted why. I said, Brad is not going to let that go. But I didn't realize that the whole team wasn't gonna lie. I was hoping the whole team wasn't gonna let it go. I was hoping that, you know that you're gonna see some retribution in some way, shape or form. And it came with the goal I think. I mean, go back to game one, right, And I mentioned it when I was there. I saw, you know, when Stean Gregerson went down MESSI ultimately ended up playing the ball out. Yeah, And it was cool, you know, it was It was a very sportsman like thing to do. At that point. You had two teams at Ad been playing a soccer game, but after what you did to Brad in the goal, you're not as an Atlanta player, You're not obligated to stop that play. You don't have to, And after what you just did to my goalkeeper, I'm not stopping. I don't care. And you ultimately ended up with basically a training ground set piece with one of the best left foots in the league. Sorry MESSI to a guy that does not like to lose, and he found like a different level of up to put the ball on the back of the net. And I almost wish that they had gloated a little bit more. I wish they had ran up to Suarez and got in his face and Compana and got in his face.
Speaker 1: Too much time on the clock. You can't do that knowing what the situation was. Yeah, if you're not gonna get a whistle, then you can't blow up in somebody's grill knowing full well that they're gonna want to push. And because there was that one scrum just outside the eighteen, I want to say where h Jay was a part of it, and it ended up it started out as a three on one. Then you you end up with a couple of Atlanta United players getting in there is like a three on three, then it goes to five on three. You get that big mess right out there, like twenty three or twenty four yards out as Miami was chasing after that equalizer too. And so you're seeing guys that are standing up for each other, and you know that you can't. You can't bow up because if the whistle, if you're in a whistle optional portion of the match, then you don't know when that whistle optional is going to become whistle activated. Yeah, and so you can't. You can't take that. You can't take that chance. And the way to do it at the end to sit there and point up and go scoreboard. You know that literally, that's what you end up doing. Oh and by the way, were you talking about this moment across by way to get to the back.
Speaker 2: Past head our score? It's the little guy.
Speaker 4: D Brad Kazan got thrown into his own goal. Yes he did. Now we'll believable after the goal the goal will count by messy. Well, there'll be a red card in that because Brad was trying to get the ball and he was thrown into his neck. There'd better be a.
Speaker 1: Red card because Brad Kazan got he rode into his goal.
Speaker 3: And if that happened the other way, Atlanta would be playing with Ted.
Speaker 4: He's going chest to chess with Lucas filings falling, now going four head to forehead into Brandt, who's hand. This will do nothing to negate the goal. But should there be a red card in that for vieland conduct. It's Messi's first goal the playoffs. It's a well placed header to equalize it too, but Brandt should be furious.
Speaker 1: Messi runs into Brad trying to get the ball.
Speaker 3: That's not it.
Speaker 1: It's the second one from Campana who's just sup pratkas Hanne into the buck of the goal and he's gonna get away with it because he's.
Speaker 4: Wearing a pink shirt.
Speaker 2: He won't even get a yellow card.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable that moment, that moment, that was it.
Speaker 2: And good for Jason for calling on like it is because it was absolute garbage referrering I mean pro and I get it, like that's what you're dealing with. I hate to be the guy that sits here and talks about, oh my god, referees in Miami like it. It's so frustrating, But I don't care whether it's intentional or it's like some kind of unconscious bias. I don't I don't care you. He's exactly right. I had that gone the other way, had it been any other team in this league, it would have been an instant red card, at least a yellow and a very stern talking to the fact that you do that and then you walk away blows my freaking mind. It just pathetic, pathetic.
Speaker 3: I figured it did more than blow your freaking mind. At the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, And I say, father, I know that you were trying to curb him.
Speaker 2: And and at the time on a live watch on people are staying we're on, They're like freaking out in the in the you know, best way possible. My family is literally just off camera watching the game as well, and I'm like, oh my god, I need to I need to just keep it together, got to keep it together. So irritating.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Pay back is a tasty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, payback is a you know what? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And uh and it was an and it was It didn't register to me until Mike said it in that particular moment that was Messi's first goal of the series. Yep, And that to me was something else that stood out because of the defensive game planning that you had from Atlanta United, where their clog in the middle, they're making sure that that you don't get those runs, you don't get the cutback cross, because when the cutback cross did happen, you end up with that second goal for Uh, for Messi and friends. And then there were other moments where they had the shots and they weren't clinical in their finishes. You had a couple of slam dunks off of cutback crosses that they didn't convert. But the fact that that was Messi's first goal in the series, and now.
Speaker 3: There's UH and this is this is rag.
Speaker 1: This is the rags that are talking and the the dirt sheets and things like that. Now there was there was even a thought floated yesterday in South Florida that you bring in Shavy to take over for time Tom Martino. Now since they crashed out in the first round of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Why not just keep throwing the money you bring.
Speaker 3: You bring in a.
Speaker 1: You're bringing someone dismissed from Barca to take over for someone who coached at Barsa. Literally I looked at that and I'm like, oh my god, you've got to be kidding.
Speaker 2: We you know, we had the watch along and it was it was like a I don't know what you want to call it, a dual watch along where we were streaming with the battered Herons down in down in Miami, okay, And admittedly Danny was outnumbered because watch along Okay, Yeah, some of his cohorts were actually at the game, and which is why at the very end, when the final whistle finally blows, there are four of us surrounding him and he's just staring at a screen and kind of like that reverse twenty eight to three disbelief, you know, and we're just freaking out. But one of the topics of that entire watch along was like that, A, there are a lot of Miami fans who are over Tata Martine and they want him gone. And that was before this game, and so as in Atlanta, you know, fan, it's hard to kind of look at anybody hating on Tata unless he's involved with the Mexican national team and saying well, he's not a good coach. He had rough times with the national team. It is what it is. I don't know that you can put all of this on him, though, like he has no defense, he has a defense. He has a guy that decided to lay down in the middle of the play in a playoff game. Like, yeah, we can go like coaching, but like, that's just not being a good football player at that moment in time and doing something really dumb and then your team doing something really dumb. Those are fundamentals that are taught when you're way way younger than the moment you start playing for a professional soccer team like Miami. But yes, I could see them moving on from Tata and bringing in a guy like Javi. You know, they're gonna go get the biggest name possible. Again, that's in the playbook and that they don't have cap space to deal with, so they can spend as much money as they want to.
Speaker 1: Yes, then they can bring in whomever they wish when it comes to trying to do something like that. Yesterday, I don't know. You may have heard about this individual named Garth Loggerway and Garth had a had an appearance on ninety two nine The Game and it was on their midday show.
Speaker 3: And we.
Speaker 1: Ran through the quote that Garth had on ninety two nine The Game. So look for those that might have missed yesterday on a either A ninety two nine The Game or here on the morning show. Here's here was what Garth said in the conversation on ninety two nine The Game quote. You know, he was talking about Rob and so Robble's a part of the discussion, and that was something that he's been through in twenty sixteen, where it was the end of Sigi Schmidt and then you bring in Brian Schmetzer, and that that was the the Rob Valentino parallel quote. Look, we were not going to win anything with that group, with the personalities in that locker room and the mentality that we had, we were not going to win any titles. And we knew it, and so we wanted to maximize the resources that we could take out of that group. And that's when we moved on from some players dot dot dot. At the end of the day, we got in we have a chance, and now we're taking advantage of it with a group that believes in itself and is much better put together. And that's a real credit to Rob Valentino and his staff and the players. Paragraph we had some folks who weren't committed to being in Atlanta long term. It's as simple as that, and they were looking for their next move, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's part of pro sports. There's no emotion behind that. But they didn't want to be here long term. So we needed to get guys here who were committed.
Speaker 3: End quote that was.
Speaker 1: I mean, Garth has never been one really to pull punches when it comes to any kind of appearance or interview situation. And so you pulled back the curtain a little bit on this season after the in the opening round best of three, so we got we got to find out what's behind the curtain a little bit when it came to this twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: I think you know, you look at back at the beginning of the season, which was it seems like forever ago, right, It seems like it was so long ago. He's literally saying what I think a lot of fans saw in some ways with certain players. I mean, we all knew all Model was on his way out, like we've known that for a year and a half before he actually left. It was just a matter of which transfer window is it gonna be. Yeah, Caleb could have been any time, but I don't think there was any question that Caleb was committed to Atlanta United. I mean, he he grew up here, this is his team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Chelsea comes at you with eight figures, what are you gonna sit there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Like, well, no, right, I'm dude, I'm taking all that money. Let's go. But and then you have Yacamacus, Right, That's that's the big one. That's the one everybody kind of points back to. And you know, we we would see him and talk to him in the locker room, and he had his own way of doing things and his kind of own way about him. But I think when you start coupling in everything that happened around that time, right, Like we know he wanted more money, fair enough, I get it, but you couldn't stay healthy. And some players, I don't know if this is what happened, but some players just cannot accept the fact that they don't have much of a leg to stand on, no pun intended. Yes, when you're injured often and you're still asking for money. And it's not even like at the time, every minute he spent on the pitch was as successful as it was the previous year. So you know, he starts looking for the extra money. Fair enough, get it, But then when he leaves. It takes what was it like a week or week and a half before he finally says buy to the Atlanta fans. And it's little things like that They could mean nothing, but then when you start putting it all into the picture, it's like, all right, well, you know, maybe there was some some stuff going on there that nobody is ever going to really know, right, Like I've heard things, seeing things that you can't really go and say definitively like this is pointing to this particular player, but it kind of feels that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you end up with a little bit of A plus B equals see, and then you have a moment like this in his first press cost.
Speaker 5: Since showed some interest in me, I started following all the games. I was all the playoffs, quarterfinals, semi finals, finals, every single game, and I think the level here is higher. So I was really excited. I wanted to make it happened and showed me how much they want me, and that was a crucial factor for me to to make my decisions. For sure is a team that I think he is a level higher than MLS for sure, and is a team that is chasing records, a chase trophies and it's it's a winner. They tried to win always, every single trophy. So for me, I love to work for these teams, to play for these teams because the expectations are high. Your motivation has to be always there. And it's not okay to lose sometimes that's a bad thing in MLS that it's okay to lose some games, and I hate it.
Speaker 3: It's okay to lose.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: It's okay to lose in Major League Soccer.
Speaker 1: I knew there was a reason that I kept that in our in my Board morning show. I knew there was a reason that I kept that. And then what Garth said popped up yesterday on his segment of ninety two ninety game.
Speaker 2: I'm like, ah ha, it all came full circle, full circle. You know, we talked about it, we broke it down back then, but it definitely and it just goes back to what I said a minute ago, like you take all these individual things that have happened and that we've reported, all of us have reported, we've seen over the past, you know, year and a half before he left, and then take that, like all these are just a little bits and pieces that you can put together and say, like if they were in a bubble, it'd be like, all right, well, that was like a stupid thing to say. But then when you have the conclusion here with Garth Loggerway yesterday, and then you go back and look at the entire tenure of one particular player, there's really one. I mean, I'm not saying he's the only player that maybe Garth was talking about, but there was certainly, I think almost undeniably one player that he absolutely was talking about, and that was Yaka Maachas. And he had that kind of personality that he was going to affect the locker room for better or worse one way or the other. That's just how he was, and you hoped it was for the better. And I think at times it probably was for the better. I think before he left, especially you know last season, like there were times where I think he he was trying to elevate that locker room and build it in a way that only a guy like him could, A guy like Joseph Martinez could, you know, they have that kind of personality. But I get what Garth is saying, like you want people that are committed to be in Atlanta. You want and I know Joseph said it back then, and Joseph still harbors a lot of love for this city. But you want people who want to come to Atlanta and it be their Barcelona or their Madrid or their you know, Man City, whatever, because they believe in what this team is building. And thankfully, after this past weekend, Atlanta has another really really big highlight, real piece to add to any sales pitch that they want to throw out there. We're the ones that beat Messi in Miami, and look at the crowd that we had in the second game. Look at what it meant to everybody in the fans, Like, there's reasons to want to come to Atlanta, and you can go out and get talent that really really wants.
Speaker 3: To be here because ABC always be cruting, always be cruty. That's right.
Speaker 1: That's that's literally what what you can stare at here with with a Land United. It was an interesting it was an interesting paragraph. It's an interesting two paragraphs from growth loggerway. But yeah, to to Tom Russo's point, he says, uh.
Speaker 3: I'd love for somebody to ask him what gave him that idea that it's okay to lose here. Ridiculous that, yeah, you know, it's okay to lose.
Speaker 2: H I mean, I think that's my my only piece of that entire press conference that he had, where it was if anybody at this club ever gave you the idea that it was okay to lose, they're they're wrong, first of all. But like I know that, you know, folks have their opinions about Gonzale Pinto. I covering him for for three years that he was here, I never once ever got the vibe that he thought it was okay to lose. Admittedly, sometimes the team played like it was okay to lose. They were so up and down, you know, that is what it felt like. But I mean, he would never be okay with losing, and I would be extremely shocked if you were to ask either Yacamaccas or Paneda today, did those words ever come out out of your mouth Paneda and they said yes, I would be shocked. I've just there's an implication there coming from something. I don't know what, but I think at the end of the day, Yacamacus is one of those guys that was going to search out what he thought was more money, and what he thought was was you know better playing circumstances.
Speaker 1: Well, And I mean I will, I will see the argument that sometimes when you're playing three matches in seven or eight days, the way that schedule compression is sometimes you have to manage your elevens and eighteens.
Speaker 3: And if you just.
Speaker 1: Want to get out of dock with a rotated lineup and get out of dodge with a point in a difficult situation, I get that. Yeah, sometimes sometimes you've just got to sit, you know, sit and take it because of your your situation when it comes to scheduling. I mean, I could see it from that viewpoint if that's what he was talking I don't think that's what he was talking about, but I can see that part of an argument, if that's where you want.
Speaker 2: To go with it, and that's the only thing that would make any kind of sense. And and but you you're you're in a position where, like you said, you have schedule congestion, you have you know, road trips, you know, and and if you look back at like what Atlanta had to do here in the playoffs or going into the playoffs, the travel is stupid and and it's all road games, right, Like, Yeah, at some point you just kind of have to say, all right, well we're gonna we're still gonna go try and win like that's never again. That's where I'm like, he didn't say it, yacamaugas, but whatever, Yeah, you're still going to go try and win, but you also have to be here. It does again pragmatic mountain do I knew? Yeah, yep, and just deal with it and and try to come out with something. But in no way, shape or form should that ever be translated as yeah, let's go not win. Yeah, if that was the idea, like save yourself the freaking Plaine trip and get some rest and and lose it by default three and I'll be done with it. Yeah, that's stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll we'll send We'll send some young'un's up there. You can you can sit tight, and we'll just we'll send like some academies and you eighteens and sit there. It'll be a rotator. You want rotated roster, then that's fine, rotated roster. You stay at home and put your feet up and get healthy for the game on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: It's well, oh uh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tease and support your programming here, what what other fun stuff? Was it like when you grabbed a candy man to to talk about everything going on with Major League Soccer?
Speaker 3: What was What was the rest of that conversation.
Speaker 2: Like, so a lot of it again was just Atlanta Miami. He he kind of talked a lot about the storylines, similar to what I said a minute ago, but he talked about how, you know the clip is out there. I forget his words exactly, but you know there's something really really special building in Atlanta with kind of this underdog story and it was never supposed to be an underdog story, right, but Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Has a brother except for maybe Brad who can handle it with his hands exactly.
Speaker 2: But no, we talked a little bit about that, and we jumped over to the Jim Curtain News, you know, because he has a lot of history with Philly, and then of course the Red Bulls and and kind of the ins and outs of what's going on up there, and that was a really good conversation. Talked about the upcoming Hudson River derby and kind of what it could play out like, and then we touched on L A f C. And Seattle because it's that's intriguing to me, and I said this to him that that night. Out of the four that are coming up Galaxy, Minnesota to me is like the least intriguing understood.
Speaker 3: It's a six seat versus the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then then you have the Atlanta factor of like, but Minnesota could could do what Atlanta just did and and really really upset a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Until Yeah, if you get a hot Dane Saint Clair then frustrate the uh you know, the killer PE's then you could have that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we we we talked about everything and Steve is great because you know, he he's called so many He's one of those very veteran Apple TV announcers who's called so many games and so many places too. He's not, you know, typically stuck necessarily to one team like a lot of a lot of them are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was just a great chat. It was about an hour with him. I had a lot of fun. You know, he's always a good guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Canjy Man and Danny they they really are a good pairing that they have there at that Apple TV. Uh, Jim Curtin and we have the discussion because of of Rich Ransom, one of our A listers who's from Philly, and we get to circle back and have the discussion about Philadelphia a lot. And according to Jonathan tanne Wall, his conversations with Ernest Tanner, Tanner and Curtain they weren't seeing on the same page. And I think Jim Curtin was looking for a salary increase years those kinds of things, and Tanner was just kind of like, no, fam it's not going to go. And they had a long discussion about, you know, signing a contract extension that didn't go anywhere. And so at the end of the day, you take your emo librarian that wanders the pitch side there in Chester and it's just like, Okay, it's the end of an era. I will be intrigued to see where Philadelphia goes, but my gut tells me that what they're going to do is meeting their financial situation. I think they're probably just going to bring Marlon LeBlanc up from Philadelphia Union Too, who made it to the last game of the year in MLS Next Pro because he knows the guys, because he knows the system, he knows all of the young talent that's there built through the academy. He's familiar with the academy I'm guessing they just promote LeBlanc and turn him into the man in charge. That's my gut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's that's kind of one of the topics we touched on. Of course, everybody at this point it's just like Atlanta. Everybody has their own ideas and opinions of who it should be or could be or whatever. And one of the points that I brought up and was talking to Candelosi about was you're kind of in a tough situation. Now made it easier if you know everything like Tannemwall was saying, happened with they just weren't seeing out of eye and it was kind of time to end it. But you know, Philly has been that team that has been so close. It's it's like the commercial with the dollar bill and the fishing pole, like you you're so close, almost got it, They just couldn't do it. And and so then you take a gamble like do you keep the guy that got you that close and hope that he can just find that extra year to get you over the top, especially when playing a team happen to have Gareth Bell doing Gareth Bell things, you know, or do you say, all right, we've given you enough time, like, we just need something new, We need a new voice, kind of like what Atlanta said they were looking for, and it's it is very much an easier thing to do to bring up a guy that has been at least in the system for some amount of time, even if it's temporary, and that's what they I think that's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: According to Tom says that rich Ransom said that he believed their style was directed from above. Curtains capable of playing differently, but when you're in that four four two diamond, then you have dudes that do certain things, you know, Then that's where everything is oriented.
Speaker 3: All right, Time to cut the promo. Did I see that the mug was Mandalorian? Today?
Speaker 2: It is indeed Mandalorian. Okay, indeed, I was actually looking at Kickoff Coffee's website because I'm like, I'm on here every Wednesday. Yeah, at some point I need to start putting y'all's coffee in my I was just thinking about it. I was like, Kyley, you it has been like what six months an now or so? Yeah, you've been I've had it before.
Speaker 1: It's very good this entire season, and you come leaning into the promo. It's like, oh yeah, it's like I'm hearing Nelson talking about this thing.
Speaker 2: When y'all first started the promo with it back what was it, I think a couple of years ago at this point. Now I got a bag and it's really good. Genuinely is really good coffee. If anybody has hasn't had it yet, like go, gets on me. It really is great coffee. As somebody that drinks coffee every day, I can tell you it's a very good coffee.
Speaker 1: I'll take your word for it as someone who drinks coffee never. As always, my friend, go and save the rest of your voice. We actually have a weekend where we don't have any kind of MLS playoffs whatsoever. Are you going to Central Florida?
Speaker 3: I will be.
Speaker 2: As long as I get credentialed, I will be making the trip. So I will be back down in Orlando for the second time this year. And I did not think it was going to happen. So that's my plan.
Speaker 3: That's the plan. As always, my friend.
Speaker 1: Great to see you to lead things off here and our number one on wall passing and Wednesdays, and we'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, appreciate it, y'all come see us tonight.
Speaker 1: See seven o'clock there, see midweek you have the MLS Monday, and then you have Stars and Spikes on the midweek.
Speaker 3: See we're day side, their night side, they're night outs.
Speaker 2: Maybe you get the best of both worlds.
Speaker 3: Tommy will have maybe recovered from his hangover by now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 1: I know it's a stretch. And does does Sid's better half know what she's getting into?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, okay, just allegedly allegedly. Okay, so I.
Speaker 1: Know because Sid did a thing, and we we always congratulate when you do a thing, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And congratulations to the good old Sydney Hunt.
Speaker 1: Yes, and adding to the S and S family with doing a thing and showing shiny rocks and photos.
Speaker 3: A right good. We'll see you whenever you want to crash.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: See, I'll all right, there's Tyler, and Tyler's gonna go drink his coffee.