Speaker 1: Open the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games Mike the Bulldog beyondy Jr R. Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Coffin and Land Injury Attorneys. While the Bucks got him to overtime last night in Kansas City, but it was not to be in the end there, bulldog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Kansas City won the coin flip, that was it because Patrick Mahomes took him down the field. Patrick Mahomes playing on a gimpy ankle last night, two hundred and ninety one yards three touchdown passes, went five of five on the only drive of overtime. Kareem Hunt finishes off with a two yard touchdown thirty to twenty four. The chiefswin should the Bucks have gone for two at the end of regulation when they scored with like twenty seven seconds left? In hindsight, I guess you would say yes. But Todd Bowles, the coach of the Bucks, defended that decision. I'm not going to rip the guy for not going for two. Yeah, I mean, the fact of the matter is it's a fifth fifty proposition because if Patrick Mahomes wins the coin flip, you know, you might not get another shot. And the Chiefs now, I mean now that they have DeAndre Hopkins, that this team could be unstoppable. DeAndre Hopkins eight catches, eighty six yards, two touchdowns. Travis Kelcey getting back into the swing. He had fourteen catches for one hundred yards as Tata watched him from the luxury suite upstairs. So Bucks lose the game, but you know they're four and five. Now, we'll see what happens from here on out.
Speaker 1: Magic. They're they're still in better shape than our other two in state teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are other two in state teams two wins each. I'm interested to see if anything happens with the Dolphins today trade deadline, so we'll see what happens if they move Tyreek Hill or somebody else. Magic another game without Palo Bancaro, Another double digit loss for the Magic. This time it was to undefeated Oklahoma City, who lobberd the Magic one o two to eighty six. Last night. The Magic have now dropped. They're oh to three without the injured Pallow. They're oh to four on this road trip. They've trailed by as many as twenty six points. Last night, the Franz A. He scored twenty two, but didn't matter because until the Magic start hitting some three point shots or you know, Kentavious calledwell Pope, their main acquisition was supposed to be a great three point shooter. Well, he hasn't shown it yet. He was only one to seven from the field last night. He is not shot well since he got to Orlando. So Magic made only five of thirty four to threes last night.
Speaker 1: Hey, bulldog, what's up with Spurs coach Greg Popovich?
Speaker 2: He's having some health issues. He's taken an indefinite leave of absence.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They haven't announced what the health issues are, but it must be pretty serious because they're saying it's indefinite and he's seventy five years old. He's had some health issues in the past. I think he had some heart issues in the past. So yeah, Greg Popovich obviously the longest tenured coach in the NBA by a zillion years, been very successful there. Hopefully he turns out to be okay. By the way, how about that UCF basketball team last night? Number thirteen Texas A and M comes to town for the season opener. UCF beat some sixty four to sixty one. You see, it was down by double digits, like with five minutes left, but they come back and win the game against Texas A and m Darius Johnson team high twenty four points. College basketball is up, agus, fellas, Are you pumped up? Are you pumped about your UCF Knight's basketball team? By the way, the Gator basketball team ranked number twenty one in the country. They beat USF last night ninety eight to eighty three. USF, of course, sadly still trying to overcome the death of their coach, Emir abdur Raheem, who passed away last week after complications with surgery.
Speaker 1: The Gators have the tallest teenager in the world on their team or.
Speaker 2: Something seven foot I think is he seven nine?
Speaker 1: Believe? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, by the way, have you guys heard about the controversy up in Jacksonville to Florida Georgia game.
Speaker 1: Yes, the the video that uh, the two officers that were beating uh football fans. There's really no context to what led up to this incident. I guess that's the.
Speaker 2: Well, go look there the the the body cam videos came out.
Speaker 1: Oh they did, okay, Well yesterday add some context for it.
Speaker 2: Here's some context to it. The Jacksonville Share. His office says officers acted within policy.
Speaker 1: Go watch the video.
Speaker 2: Go watch the video. These officers repeatedly asked these drunken fans to leave, and the fans who they continually refused. And when the officers tried to physically remove the fans and the fans began fighting back, resisting arrest, that's when they got tased and got their butts kicked. Fans are One of the fans is grabbing at the officer's holster. Yeah, during the altercation, what if the guy got his hands on the gun and the gun went off in a crowded stadium. The police did nothing wrong in my opinion, that was I mean, did they beat the hell out of the guys, yes, But in my opinion, the guys deserved it.
Speaker 1: I was talking pat about it yesterday during the show. I'm like that the guy's reaching for a gun. Sorry, you need an ass whoopan.
Speaker 2: Plus again, they asked the guys to leave, not once, not twice, three or four times, and the guys wouldn't leave. Other fans were complaining about the the obnoxiousness of these drunken fans, and they wouldn't leave.
Speaker 1: We should, we should point out and this is another example where the initial video that gets posted doesn't bring into account any of what you just laid out there. And we're often running with all cops are bad, all cops.
Speaker 2: So no, that's not the case, right, Go watch the go go watch the body cam videos yourself. Make your own determination. But that's my interpretation of it. I think cops have a tough job, especially dealing with drunk, obnoxious fans, and hey, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes to get these guys out of the state.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First college football playoff rankings will come out tonight. Pulled up you cannot wait.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait. By the way, quick NFL news, the Saints fired their coach Dennis Allen after seven straight losses. Dak Prescott out for multiple weeks with a hamstring injury. The Gators, by the way, say their quarterback DJ Lagway his hamstring injury not as serious as they thought, and they haven't ruled him out for this week. I don't think he'll play this week against Texas, but he may be back before the season is over, So good news for the Gators.
Speaker 1: All right. Lightning on the road tonight in Saint Louis. He is Mike the Bulldog Bionkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety game weekday mornings on ad Jason to Us. He also takes time from his show to join us for the Sports page each morning here on jrr aprochy by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 2: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kaufin every Saturday morning seven point thirty am on FM ninety six nine. In the game, you can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Oh oh written Dago on demand.
Speaker 2: To download the iHeartRadio app from the Bog