Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 2: Right Ryan, Headache.
Speaker 3: Up, day, Baby Wild come Wednesday here, and we got a massive twentieth anniversary Rod Ryan Show ticket blowout going on today. We're gonna tell you everything you need to know at seven oh five this morning. But we've got blowouts all over the place. We got us news that was a blowout. That's gonna be a blowout. We got all kinds of tickets to blow out today on the show. We got this guy Cody. Is he gonna blow out? Is he gonna make it win number five today? If he does, he goes into the Hall of Fame, he can be Hall of Famer number ten on the year. So that's some of the things that we've got to get to today on the show. If you're looking for pit tickets, you've come to the right place. Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper in the pit Sunday Night. We'll get you in on the Fun Fact Flashback. If you're looking for those sold out three doors down Finger eleven and oh yeah, Crean's on that bill.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for those pit tickets, we have those for you. At around nine ten this morning. What else it's gonna be really really busy. Of course, we're gonna keep our eye on this storm.
Speaker 3: We have a thirty percent chance of rain here, cloudy sky's highs up around eighty six.
Speaker 1: And of course it's Patriot Day.
Speaker 3: It's twenty three years removed from the attacks on nine to eleven, so that we'll get mentioned today on.
Speaker 1: The show as well. But man, we got so much to do today. Good morning, Testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Roning home Room. So the first and possibly only presidential debate between Vice President Kamala Harrison former President Donald Trump was last night and it was filled with snarky comments from both sides, both candidates. I mean, the debate did start with the handshake, but that was really the end of the pleasantries.
Speaker 5: Between the two.
Speaker 4: So we're going to be talking about this morning, talking about that this morning. Kamala says Congress is to blame for not addressing the border issue. Meanwhile, Trump says Harris is destroying the border and said he would start deporting millions of illegal immigrants. I lead with that issue just because it's closest to us, and we'll be talking about all kinds of other stuff this morning. So that and as you mentioned, Francine now a hurricane. It's heading toward Louisiana. The National Hurricane Center did upgrade this storm to hurricane status as of seven pm last night. They're expecting Francine to make landfall in Louisiana this afternoon and possibly move into Mississippi tonight or Thursday. The tropical stormwatch has been canceled for our coastline, but you know, we want to be monitoring that storm surge and see if we get any of this, you know, of these outer band activity. So we're talked about that. And of course you mentioned remembering the victims of the nine to eleven terrorist attacks today. That's going to be another huge subject matter for us as far as headlines go. Okay, now for some less serious stuff, it's an end of an era. Campbell's Soup is over and name at least, they just announce that they're planning to drop the soup. So they're going to rename themselves the Campbell's Company because they own a bunch of other brands.
Speaker 5: They say, hey, look we own goldfish.
Speaker 4: We're so much more than soup.
Speaker 5: So to be clear, that.
Speaker 4: Name change isn't official yet, but Campbell's Soup is a big public company, so the rebrand will have to be approved by their shareholders. Remember Australian breakdancing legend Rachel gunn Ray gun.
Speaker 1: Okay, I forget well?
Speaker 4: I mean, is this like a big who's laughing now? Because she is the number one ranked female breakdancer in the world.
Speaker 5: The reasons are complicated.
Speaker 4: I will break it down for you eventually, but basically it comes down to a single competition that she won last October were so even though she got yeah, even though she had zero points for her amazing Olympic routine that went viral, that doesn't matter because the way this works as the rules of the break dancing world, she is number one and I trust me.
Speaker 1: Possibly okay, Alex, what song did you choose for this? Oh? Okay, Yeah, I've got another confession. It was everybody's first comment on the post that there goes my.
Speaker 4: Hero that too if you don't know what we're talking about, and an Instagram posts yesterday, Dave Girl, frontman of the Food Fighters, says he's recently become the father of a new baby daughter, born outside of his marriage. He says he plans to be loving in a supportive parent to that daughter. He also says he loves his wife and his children and he's doing everything to regain their trust and her and their forgiveness. Uh yeah, this was a bombshell yesterday. David who is a wife Jordan have been married since two thousand and three. They have three daughters, eighteen year old Violet has he activated her Instagram after this announcement. Of course she has fifteen year old Harper, ten year old affiliate or his other daughters. So that's the headline on the music walk page. Guys, those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 6: Take it Atlex sastrosp out of the A's four to three last night and next few innings.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play them again this evening.
Speaker 6: Hunter Brown'll be on the mountain for this Jos He's going up against Oakland's at Joey Estes.
Speaker 5: First pitch is at seventeen.
Speaker 6: You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that.
Speaker 5: This is what's going on in spots.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, guys, four hours of pain. We're a little over an hour away from the announcement. How you can get in on the massive twenty anniversary party ticket blowout today seven o five.
Speaker 1: But man, homeroom's gonna be busy.
Speaker 3: Homeroom's gonna be busy with those pit tickets and Cody going for win number five Hall of Fame moment.
Speaker 1: Can you keep them out of the Hall of Fame? Oh uh, I don't know if anybody can right now.
Speaker 3: First phone call, It's a great way to get the Homerooms started.
Speaker 1: I look forward to it every day. Who wants the first phone call? Come get it? Seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five, The most interactive show when the radio starts right now, that is a great way to get things started. This morning ninety four to five the Buzz Cypress Hill out of the Gate. Yes, welcome aboard. Truly is a wild card.
Speaker 3: Wednesday, wakey, wakey, hands off cup kky. We got four hours of pain. It is officially underway. Every hour is going to be busy. I mean the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: I get it. Everyone's going to be tuned in.
Speaker 3: I even gave a little hint yesterday on our Facebook pages, the rod Ryan Show page and the Buzz Facebook page. I think yesterday, I don't know what time I decided to put that up. Says it was ten hours ago from right now, so I guess it was in the evening seven eight o'clock. It says here on the rod Ryan Show Facebook page Wednesday, seven oh five am, you will get all the info how to get in on the massive rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary free ticket blowout.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a lot of hype.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this sounds a lot of extra hype there. This is better not fall flat. It's better not be flat. Yeah, we're gonna give you opportunity at.
Speaker 1: Seven o five.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you all the information at seven o five on how you can get in on a bunch of rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets.
Speaker 1: Now, don't worry. Okay, we'll give away a pair.
Speaker 3: On the air today at closer to around seven to twenty. But seven o' five all will be revealed and we'll have all that good stuff for you now.
Speaker 1: Homeroom is huge. Cody going for win number five. I mean it.
Speaker 3: Really is a crazy wildcard Wednesday. If Cody wins today, he becomes the tenth member of the Hall of Fame this year, and then we've got pit tickets in homeroom because we love you so much, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper playing Sunday Night in the Pit.
Speaker 1: Fun fact flashback. Where's those other pit tickets?
Speaker 3: Creed three doors down, Finger eleven is sold out Saturday Night.
Speaker 1: We'll get you in the pit at nine ten.
Speaker 3: Twenty days celebrating twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show. Academy Sports and Outdoors has given us two one hundred dollars Day three today, Chile, you put those on know the show with Sprinkle Sprinkle in a jersey Mike's gift card. All right, what do I need to know? Give you the Sports Center edition I heard you talking about. Is it Hurricane Francine. It's heading towards Louisiana.
Speaker 5: That's what I have on my end.
Speaker 4: It says two hundred and forty five miles off the Louisiana coast. That's the latest update from the National Hurricane Center there. It's expected to make lampfalls sometime later today.
Speaker 3: All right, So weather Channel dot Com, just so you know where we get this from, it says thirty percent chance of raining here for us, Cloudy skies hies up about eighty six mm.
Speaker 1: Okay, phones are ringing, it's.
Speaker 5: That time for the first phone call.
Speaker 4: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Megan, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you all so great?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good. I wanted to tell you thank you very much for including Crossed Cancer Awareness in your fundraiser for next month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do that. We do that every year.
Speaker 3: We do Prostate cancer Awareness Month obviously. I mean, you know, Megan, that breast cancer awareness. Everything's pink. You know, October it rules. But there's a lot going on this month. But one of the more important things for the fellas out there is prostate cancer.
Speaker 7: You're right, Yeah, and it's important. It doesn't matter how old you are, you can be affected by it, and it's super easy to get checked. It's not as you say, Rod the singer and the Fanny, it's just the blood test and the earlier the better to have it detected.
Speaker 3: This is coming from a place that you seem to know a little bit about this. You have some family experience with this.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I'm actually getting ready to head to Indy Anderson and get some news from my husband who was diagnosed.
Speaker 1: Three years ago.
Speaker 7: Now he's got metasthatic prostate cancer because unfortunately we didn't.
Speaker 4: Catch it that early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's if detected early.
Speaker 3: It is one of the most, if not the most curable cancers out there, if.
Speaker 1: You just absolutely, if you just check it early.
Speaker 3: Now, you mentioned something about the blood work, mention that to my doctor every year, and he just looks at me. Now, he's a smaller fellow, he's got little fingers, so it's not so bad.
Speaker 1: But he said, yeah, you can do this, but don't you want to be sure.
Speaker 3: There's still a lot of people doing that finger in the fanny and my doctor is one of them.
Speaker 1: So he's like, he goes, do you think I enjoy it?
Speaker 3: I said, I don't know, do you He's like no, but he said, it's still the best way. It's still the best way. He'll back it up with the blood with the blood work as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, But blood work is you know, at least at least that's an easier thing for gus to do to get that baseline to start watching the PSA, which is the indication of prospect cancer. So I just want to tell you thank you for all of a sudden reason you do.
Speaker 5: It means a lot, thank you.
Speaker 1: And what's your husband's name, Paul? Paul? All right, Well, wish him the best for Paul.
Speaker 3: We thank you, Megan rod Ryan Shokeres online store gonna be up this week.
Speaker 1: I don't know when.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we're gonna get it up on Thursday Friday, for sure, we'll have that. I get the finger in the fanny every year. We have a little montage for it. I send it to my doctor. Yeah, what do you think he actually laughed. He doesn't laugh at much, but he did laugh when I played a miss.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I put that thing together, like that's the gamut of emotions that are going on while there's while there's a doctor's finger in my in my fanny, rubbing against my prostate.
Speaker 1: It's not that long.
Speaker 3: Fellas he goes in, he goes in, swipe swipe out. Now the problem is, you know he puts a little jelly on his finger, a little lube. You don't really clean you got you gotta leave the office, and you're a little squishy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I meet him moment.
Speaker 3: I go to the bathroight there and I go clean up shop a little bit afterwards. It is important to get checked and I look forward to the email when we talk about it.
Speaker 1: And I made that little montage.
Speaker 3: I got one guy that said he got on his dad to go get checked because of what he heard on this show.
Speaker 1: His dad got checked.
Speaker 3: There was something they caught it early may have saved dad's life. So I will always play that silly montage. We'll laugh about it, but it is a serious thing. Guys, go get checked. Okay, absolutely, it's important. Let me take a short break. When we come back in a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of.
Speaker 1: Bed head to head.
Speaker 8: Alternative and tell him at the Rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show, Alex, today's your podcast day.
Speaker 1: You're recording one today, Gravy Day, Lada later.
Speaker 3: You got a thirty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies highes today of around eighty six what I'm now calling a massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout information coming this morning at seven oh five.
Speaker 5: I want to know now wrong, I can't know right, I'm not.
Speaker 1: You can't know right now.
Speaker 5: Need to know.
Speaker 3: The key is you set the appointment, which is seven o five, and then you deliver the.
Speaker 1: Goods, which is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's be a lot to talk about the twentyth anniversary party in the seven o'clock hour, because I also will give away a pair of tickets on the air. Okay, that's it. Everything's a clue. Everything's a clue. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think everyone wants to know how you're feeling about this Dave girl breaking news because it's so brutal.
Speaker 5: He announced yesterday.
Speaker 4: That he's fathered a baby outside of his marriage. He's trying to earn the support of his family again, the trust of them.
Speaker 5: But I mean, this is someone who you looked up to.
Speaker 4: I've seen in the I'm like going through the comments trying to get a feel of what people are saying, and.
Speaker 5: We were like, dang it, Like I thought he was one of the good ones.
Speaker 4: He writes about his wife and his memoir and his books and his family. Such a family rocker man.
Speaker 1: It's like Superman screwed up. It really is. Yeah. I would talk about that with JJ Watt.
Speaker 3: JJ Watt was such a great ambassador, and he was such a great football player, of course, but he was this great ambassador for the city.
Speaker 1: He never had a screw up, Like, he never had anything that he messed up.
Speaker 4: People aren't perfect I know, but at all, like these people up, yes, and.
Speaker 3: Dave Grohl is one of these good guys and there's people that even if you don't like the Foo fighters.
Speaker 1: He just seems like a cool guy.
Speaker 4: A good guy reputation, and does this this tarnishes that reputation a little bit.
Speaker 3: I saw everything like, oh, really a rock star had you know, an fair outside of his marriage. Shocker to girls where this is just unacceptable, you know, and they're completely turning their back on him.
Speaker 1: So a tough spot to be in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's crazy though, like that, Like that's the crazy announcement to make. I'm not saying that like he didn't do the right thing or anything, but like you usually do not see announcements like that from anybody, like.
Speaker 4: Taking accountability, like the taking accountability right from the get go. I mean, how many people can say they would do that if they were fought in this predicament?
Speaker 1: Well he didn't take accountability nine or you know, when did he find out? When did he find out?
Speaker 4: Because it's probably going to hit the press, it's probably going to hit you know, the media, and then he's like, let me just get in front of this.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming that he had that ready to go right when he got the paternity test. Oh you know, so it's not that he hasn't known about this. He's known about it. He was just waiting to be sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a big story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a blog page up for it on links and guests, and obviously we're waiting to hear more information.
Speaker 1: What does he do?
Speaker 3: I mean, the girl is not a guy that's gonna sit around with Oprah, you know, or Gail King.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Maybe that, but I don't see him doing an Oprah interview.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's definitely a huge trend that everyone's talking about. Also, there is a there was a mega million dollar winner in sugar Land. So one person woke up eight hundred million dollars richer after securing this winning mega millions dollar ticket.
Speaker 5: In sugar Land. That's awesome in sugar Land.
Speaker 1: So this, yeah, entieth anniversary tickets.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yes, they can have the tickets if they donate to our charity.
Speaker 1: I'll just say call me, okay, just kidding.
Speaker 4: Also, possibly the biggest surprise of the evening last night. I don't know if some people find the surprise, I don't think it's a big shock for most. After the debate, Taylor Swift posted her endorsement of Kamala Harris on Instagram That was Nuke, a picture of herself holding her cat, Benjamin Button, saying she's done her research and she's made her choice.
Speaker 5: The cat. We don't know, We don't know that. That's what's trending on ninety f five the Bus.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody. This is Cody and I'm still hanging around. I am you're fresh out of bed. It's head to head four days chap here Curtman and two questions, two answer games, and it still sounds like Rod's not convinced. Well, well, I'm gonna shut everyone up. On Wednesday, did we go back to back? Cody's in the Hall of Fame, Pitcher.
Speaker 1: I think it's fun. I think it's fun of him. I'm bored now. I mean, you know, he was kind of I couldn't hear him and he just didn't have a lot of energy. Guy's getting the job done, man, He's getting the job done. Do I love Cody now? Maybe I'm on I'm his number one fan?
Speaker 3: Stand called out If you want to play seven four okay, ninety four five The buzz blinkwo is first date Rod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Well, your weather for Wednesday, I don't know. I don't know. It says thirty percent chance. And he showed me what the website says. It only make the weather.
Speaker 3: Alex showed me on weather dot com thirty percent chance with Cloudy's guys high eighty six.
Speaker 6: We don't have like a buzz Doppler system. We just go off what the internet says.
Speaker 4: We don't have a doppler.
Speaker 5: The internet doesn't lie.
Speaker 3: If you have some kind of weather that you want to share with us, please do and let us know what's going on out there. But other than that, I'm gonna stick with what the kid gave me.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to York Corners.
Speaker 3: He still doesn't think I believe in him, and I'm not sure if I do.
Speaker 1: Cody, good morning one.
Speaker 5: Who I think is that I don't know what would.
Speaker 3: Make you think that, Cody, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi Cody, You're two questions away from going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: You've picked up some fans. I can't decide if I'm one of those.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're not.
Speaker 1: I think I'm to ask. I think I am now I do.
Speaker 3: You've picked up some great fans. They're liking your run here. You're a different type of player, Cody.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of flash, It's okay, not a lot of flash.
Speaker 5: You don't need flash.
Speaker 1: You just you're getting wins due, you're getting dubs. You ready to do this here? Okay? See just that, yes, but nothing else. Just yes, he wants wins, he wants dubs.
Speaker 5: You don't have the flash at Marty Grd anymore.
Speaker 1: Beads. You can still get beads, that's true. Who's this guy? Oh?
Speaker 3: Two time Hall of Famer Kevin. Oh, listen, Cody's beating some Hall of famers already, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Yeah, good morning. Cody's not don't I don't know what he is. I don't know what he is.
Speaker 3: He doesn't seem to be afraid of former Hall of famers. Okay, Kevin, almost the last time you.
Speaker 7: Went in the hall, Oh it's been several years.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, nothing's really changed. The questions are still silly. You shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What are they playing for today? Other in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: So the buy you bucket is this Saturday. That's where the Kougs take on Houston Coog's take on the Rice Owls at TDCU Stadium. So you can go to u H Cougar dot com. Slash tickets are called seven one three, go Koogs now to get your tickets. But one of these dudes is gonna win. Go early, be loud, We're red.
Speaker 3: Okay, So two time Hall of Fame or Kevin. We're listening for Cody. We're listening for who would make it into the Hall with a win today?
Speaker 1: Cody? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Kevin, You're ready, Yes, sir, let's go. Question number one? What color did Darth Vader wear?
Speaker 5: Kevin?
Speaker 1: Kevin? What he sure did test us? Not to James Earl Jones, It just passed away.
Speaker 5: Huh, all right, try to keep it a little timely around here.
Speaker 1: Okay, six two. I was gonna use it yesterday for the game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for the who shorter game might have been six to three, probably shrunk a little over the years.
Speaker 1: I think it was six three is well, he wasn't in the Darth Vader outfit. Next question, two time Hall of Famer Kevin on the board.
Speaker 3: Cody, who is Looney Tunes roadrunner?
Speaker 1: Always? Cody?
Speaker 9: Wiley Coyote?
Speaker 1: Who is Looney Tunes Roadrunner? Always running away from.
Speaker 3: Wile E Coyote throwing some acame dynamite.
Speaker 1: We got a show.
Speaker 5: Give me a meat, meat, Alex, can you do it me meat?
Speaker 1: That's pretty good? Okay, we got a good game here.
Speaker 3: For the win, Cody and two time Hall of Famer Kevin for the win. What orange and Blackbird is the mascot? Two time Hall of Famer Kevin Orial It's a correct answer.
Speaker 1: The correct answer. Okay, hang on, here's the complete question.
Speaker 3: What orange and Blackbird is the mascot for Baltimore's professional baseball team?
Speaker 1: Oriole Kevin got through first.
Speaker 5: Dang, what the heck? Cody, Cody?
Speaker 2: You did it.
Speaker 3: This is why I was a fan of yours, and I know that's why I gave you so much crap. You did it a different kind of way, you know, Like I said, you were a no must.
Speaker 1: No fuzz guy. I thought it was great having you on. Cody.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry your game your play stops here.
Speaker 1: What do you think you can try again, though, Like, are you done with us? Do you hate me? Would you?
Speaker 6: Would you again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think people would like to have you back on, don't I think I would like to have you back on? I think maybe? I don't know. Cody, you got four great days of prizes. You earned them. I thought you've played great man. I do hope you decide to come back and play with us. Two time Hall of Favorite Kevin is back in the driver's seat. Dude, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, he says heany We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 11: We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On ninety four.
Speaker 3: Fives of us are ninety four or five. The buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's shine down and a symptom of being human. Now everybody knows that Breton Zach are going to be a part of The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelve, Carbock Brewery, Jacob Nole from Sublime, Justin and Ryan from.
Speaker 1: Blue October are on board.
Speaker 3: The guys from Theory but dead Men are coming in Scott Stevens from the x Sis, all performing acoustic sets. The only way to get into the show is to win passes from US.
Speaker 1: I will have a pair.
Speaker 3: Of tickets that we will give away on the air. That's going to be closer to around seven twenty. But I said at seven o five there's gonna be a twentieth anniversary ticket blowout, and I think I use the word massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout.
Speaker 1: Uh, you gotta wait till seven o five for that information. Okay. Now, I was talking to my friend hall.
Speaker 3: Over here during the Shine Doown song the crash out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Here's your current champion. Oh he left. I was gonna bring I was gonna bring Kevin on to do the victory speech line right.
Speaker 4: Because we hadn't seen Captain Cash and we were just like chat him up and they were like, oh yeah, the victory speech. We'll just take it live.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well Kevin must have had to go, so I don't have a victory speech. But he was gonna say something like, you know, hey, I'm a two time Hall of Famer, I'm a badass. Yeah, my poop doesn't stink. It's been a couple of years, and I'm now you're one day champion and just trot.
Speaker 1: Don't even look at me bitches. He was gonna say something like that on his victories tur Thursday. Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe we can call.
Speaker 3: Him after the show, Alex and we can get a victory speech. Sorry, Kevin, I thought you were hanging in there. Okay, Well, Homeroom, I've got pit tickets for you, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper Sunday night.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be on the flashback. But I brought in some new fun facts. The fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 12: We make you look smart, you by everybody's it's the funk that's to the day.
Speaker 3: There's my guy, hal Good morning morning. Great to see you, dude, Good to see you. So yeah, today's nine to eleven, you know, and you know, what do you do? Is it a normal day or you talk about it. It's gonna get mentioned today on the show for sure because it's Patriot Day. And you know we said we would hashtag never forget. We are never going to forget. Okay, So I just have one fact for you today about that, then I'll move on to some other things. But the only non military plane permitted to fly on nine to eleven after the attacks, there was one one non military plane in the air because you Remember everybody was grounded wherever you were.
Speaker 1: The plane went down immediately and you had to stay there.
Speaker 5: Air Force one is that military?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an official plane. So this plane was flying from San Diego to Miami delivering anti venom to a man bitten by a highly poisonous snake. They were escorted by two jet fighters, but they allowed.
Speaker 1: That one plane to go.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: They needed to get there to save the man's life. Crazy. Okay.
Speaker 3: One cowhide can produce up to twenty footballs.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 3: Wow, three thousand cowhides used every year for NFL footballs.
Speaker 5: To game Alex was killing cows.
Speaker 3: Finally, there are two countries I should say, there's only two countries that have the word the at the beginning of their official name, The America, the United States of America. No, we are just we are just United States of America. My guess was the Netherlands. It's just Netherlands.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not the Canada, but it is.
Speaker 3: The Gambia and the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: You know, well, now you do know. It's the fun that's of the day.
Speaker 12: We make you look smart, buddies, It's the fat of the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you give it A one.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of pit tickets to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Alex in the pit?
Speaker 1: What character? Thank you? The hell?
Speaker 3: What character made the most appearances on Seinfeld outside of the four main characters. We had some good guesses in the in the studio yesterday, but nobody got this one right.
Speaker 1: One three, two, one two five nine four five. Now time for rockout. Win your's stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, big Baldy, Well, how did you do yesterday?
Speaker 13: It was a mixed down Wall Street. The Dow was down ninety two points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand, seven thirty six and ASTAC up one hundred and forty one to seventeen thousand and twenty five. Benchmarten. Your treasury trades at a three point six three percent oil stands at sixty seven dollars twenty cents a barrel to the most actives of the big studs, Amazon, Verizon, and Microsoft. The big duds Chase, Goldman, Sachs, and Amex. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer price Index for August. Right now, futures now looking good, They're on the downside. Come on let's turn this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 13: This is Halan manager director with Ramy James, porter for the Ride Ryan Show from Ramy James on San Philip and Augusta. And don't forget to oays for rockout with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Amian's expressed are those of All Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NAT, s IDC, IART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. But it's not yourteed. If there's no insurance, transmit and we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on does are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young I am before five the Buzz. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. It's your fun, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 14: Good morning Roads.
Speaker 1: It's Della Hi Della? Is it Della or Stella? Della with a D Della? Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm doing really good.
Speaker 7: I'm a huge Alice Hipper fan, so I'm hoping.
Speaker 5: I've thought this right.
Speaker 1: Oh I hope you got this right too.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking for the character that made the most appearances on Seinfeld outside of the four main characters.
Speaker 1: Who was it?
Speaker 2: It was where the waitress, It was the waitress.
Speaker 3: So it was Rufie Cohen. She was the waitress. She was the cashier in the diner. She was in one hundred and one of one hundred and eighty episodes. Usual even in the background, but she was technically in the most episodes.
Speaker 1: Listen, you are in the pit Sunday Night, Rob Zombie. Alice Cooper.
Speaker 7: I am so stooped.
Speaker 5: That is just amazing.
Speaker 7: Alice Cooper is my biggest the biggest fan that I've ever followed.
Speaker 2: So that's great me.
Speaker 1: How many times have you seen Alice Cooper?
Speaker 15: And four?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: And I told people this earlier.
Speaker 3: I said, this is a guy that is an absolute legend.
Speaker 1: I don't see him retiring anytime soon.
Speaker 3: But if you call yourself a rock fan and you don't have Alice Cooper checked off on your sheet to see him live, I mean he's one of the all time great performers.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 3: So I was telling people, don't miss out business, do not miss out on Alice Cooper because man, you have to see him because we we're not gonna have this guy forever.
Speaker 1: So, Della, I'm so happy for you. Thanks, thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 7: Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Roll.
Speaker 5: Do you have a good day you too?
Speaker 1: Where are you from, Della? Scotland? Scotland? Awesome? Where do you live now? I've been in Houston for twenty four years.
Speaker 3: Love on the wayside, so great, love your accent, so great to have good, so awesome to have you on the show today, Della, have a great time. And you know the deal. I want a picture of you. I want Scottish Della in the pit Alice Cooper over her shoulder.
Speaker 1: You send me a selfie, Della, you send me a selfie. Email Rod at the Buzz dot com. All right, seven o five? What are we doing? What's what's going on at seven o five?
Speaker 3: But it says here massive, It says massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout seven o five. I guess that's what we're I guess we have to announce something at seven o five.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do that thirty percent chance.
Speaker 3: Of rain, cloudy skies HIA eighty six. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: The first and possibly only debate between former President Trump and Vice President Harris is.
Speaker 5: In the books.
Speaker 4: During the debate, hosted by ABC News, Trump stopped short of acknowledging he lost a twenty twenty election. He said there was so much proof and that we needed border We need border orders and good elections. He claimed Democrats are allowing illegal immigrants to enter the country in order to vote. Harris was asked if Trump is trying to suppress the vote. She says she's having a hard time dealing said that he's having a hard time dealing with being fired by eighty one million people. So again, both sides were taking jabs at each other all night.
Speaker 5: I believe there was a.
Speaker 4: Handshake at the beginning, and then beyond that that was like the only pleasantry exchange between these two. Okay, So after the debate finished, the Harris campaign sent out an email challenging Trump to another debate. Trump responded by telling ABC News that she was challenging him to another debate because she lost the debate very badly. Okay, so that's what's going on there now. I know those politics are very divisive, but I want.
Speaker 5: You to know that today people around the.
Speaker 4: Globe are remembering nine to eleven and the victims of that nine to eleven terrorist attack. This is the twenty third anniversary of those attacks, which if you are one of these people who was in high school, in school, it was the moment the world shop turning for us for a little bit. Family members of the victims will be gathering with local leaders in Lower Manhattan for the annual reading of the victims' names, and that won't be the only NOD to remember this day, because that was the hashtag that we came up with then, and that's something we want to make sure we keep mentioning hashtag never forget.
Speaker 5: Did you want me to talk about the hurricane.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know anything more about it.
Speaker 3: I know it's not going to affect us, but our friends in Louisiana, and I'm checking in on my friends in New Orleans because now it looks like the eye might be headed in that direction.
Speaker 4: Well, it was a storm yesterday, which is what we were kind of talking about, but it became a hurricane at seven pm last night. And you're right, our friends in Louisiana are really trying to prepare in Mississippi as well because Francine is now a Cat one hurricane is expected to make landfall in Louisiana this afternoon and move into Mississippi tonight or Thursday. So there was a tropical storm watch for our Texas coast line that has been canceled, but of course people in Galveston are still monitoring that because that storm surge will be an effect of Hurricane France. Scene. Okay, so that's kind of the stuff's going on right now.
Speaker 5: Now. If you want to get.
Speaker 4: Moving, you want to travel internationally, but you don't have a ton of money, We've got some really good at this one website ranked the best countries to visit if you want to travel overseas on a budget. So they gave the top spot to Vietnam because everything's cheap there and the exchange rate is really good. You can live large on as little as thirty dollars a day or very large on sixty dollars a day. Then South Africa's number two. Now you should know the flight to South Africa isn't cheap, but once.
Speaker 5: You're there, everything else is.
Speaker 4: According to this website, Portugal has always been on my budget bucket list, and they say it's your best bet. If you want to visit Western Europe on a budget, Europe can get pretty pricey.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about Portugal.
Speaker 5: I think I want to ask.
Speaker 3: Just the man, only know the man, this man of wars from there, who mens of war were sens of war?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that is Portuguese man of war? No, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Argentina also a South American country on my list. The inflation there is apparently out of control, which sucks if you live there. But if you want to visit, hey stretch that dollar out. You know they're thinking of in the vacationer's mindset.
Speaker 5: So yeah, go check out, go check out that. There's more on that list on the blog page.
Speaker 4: A Janis Joplin biopic is in the works, and you know who's going to play her, Shalene Woodley. She's going to start in the movie as Joplin. She's also producing it, so it's a passion project for her. Sheilan Woodley. If we wanted to talk a little bit about her dating life, she is Aaron Rodgers' most recent X. But let's go let's focus back on Janis Joplin. If you don't know, Jannis was famously part of the twenty seven Club, which means she died so young. There have been numerous attempts to do this project to make a biopic about her, but so far none had crossed the finish line. So the movie is expected to shoot over thirty days. It's getting a helping hand from the state of California two point five million dollars in tax credits from the California Film Commission because California met so much to Janis even though she was here she was born in Texas. California meant a lot to Janie Choplin, and Woodley says she in a statement that she's really excited to tell her story with the world.
Speaker 1: They've been trying to make a movie on her for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's somehow always it never comes to completion, and.
Speaker 3: Then I know someone's going to call The Rose was loosely based on her life.
Speaker 1: That was an old movie.
Speaker 3: Bette Midler played like a drugged out lead singer like her, The Rose. She was called The Rose, I believe, so it was loosely based on her. But yeah, they've been trying to work on a Janis Joplin for years.
Speaker 6: A fake They made a bit on thirty Rock where I think it was Jenna Maroney tried to do a Janis Joplin thing but didn't have the rights, so it's just really bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a couple working at the same time, Like there were people. There was people's names associated with that.
Speaker 1: Come to my window. What's your name? The singer?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she was just on Buddy Exos podcast. Who are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Melissa?
Speaker 3: So back when she was younger, she was talking about doing one and obviously she would have done all her own singing.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: The girl from Katie with the She'll say she sucks on her lemon, Rene's Elwigger. She was associated with it too. She always looks like she's sucking on a lemon to me. Yeah, they just could never get this off the ground for some reason.
Speaker 4: I hope Shalane Woodlan pulls this off. I think it's cool that she'd be starring in it and producing it and taking it into the finish line. I think The MTV Video Music Awards are tonight. They air eight PM with the addition of social categories. Taylor Swift still leads the pack with twelve nominations in all, followed by Post Malone with eleven, eminem with eight, Anna Grande, Megan, the Stallion's, Rita Carpenter Sizza. They're all next with seven nominations each.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Beyonce is mad that she got snubbed at the MTV Video Music Awards, because here's why I bring this up country album. She didn't make any videos for him, any of those songs. I wonder if she's still upset that she's not nominated for the MTV Video Music Awards.
Speaker 1: Well, even though if she was upset by Hive without putting out any videos, I think she probably still could bitch about that.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I'm the looking at girls blog page. She talks about why she didn't make it. She made no videos for that country album. Really, it's weird, it is, you know, but she's got an explanation for it. But I don't know if she's mad about not being snubbed tonight too.
Speaker 1: I know she's, you know, she's probably why upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah about the CMA's not the not.
Speaker 1: The DMA's all right, what you got over there?
Speaker 6: Well, the Astros fell to the A's four to three last night in extra innings.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play the a night Hunter Brown is going to.
Speaker 6: Be on the map for the show has he'll be going up against Oakland's Joey Estes. First pitch for that game is at seven ten, and you listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's.
Speaker 5: Going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Who was quick? Yeah, well I could talk tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I can tell you're excited about the seventh. You want to get out of the way for the seven o' five on nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you won't tell anybody seven o five massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout? What five minutes away from that?
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 3: That's Good Morning rod Ryan Show, that's Green Day and Holiday rod Ryan Show on this wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: All right, let's not make you wait anym longer.
Speaker 5: I didn't stop torturing.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, all I said today and then even last night I went on Facebook and I said, at seven o five, we are going to talk about this massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout for you know, the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. And I didn't say anything else. So I didn't talk about somebody being missing on the show.
Speaker 1: Bobby Jokes is over there.
Speaker 3: In the Chili camera this morning, and that means Chili snuck got it, That son of a bitch snuck out of here again.
Speaker 5: It's gone. He doesn't even work anymore.
Speaker 3: Chili felt like he wanted to do another field trip today.
Speaker 1: Chili, Yes, good morning's.
Speaker 7: Going on for the rock?
Speaker 1: Good morning? I mean sneaking off in the middle of the show. Dude, I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: It's we.
Speaker 1: Chilie. I heard that you have a I've been using this word massive. I heard you got a stab.
Speaker 11: You've been talking Christina.
Speaker 1: I know. I talked to your dude and and she said massive.
Speaker 11: Massive.
Speaker 3: Today I'm billing this as a massive twenty anniversary ticket blowout.
Speaker 1: Do you have tickets to give out this morning?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 16: I do, sir. We do have massive amounts of rot Ryan's show twentieth anniversary tickets today to give out.
Speaker 1: Do you have twenty pair to give away? No?
Speaker 11: Do you have more than that?
Speaker 1: Do you have thirty? Do you have thirty pair to give away?
Speaker 5: High?
Speaker 1: Higher? Wait?
Speaker 5: More than thirty pair?
Speaker 1: Forty would be reckless, I'd be crazy. Thirty five thirty five? Thirty Is it forty to get in a little warm more Chillian. Do you have fifty? Do you have fifty pair of tickets this morning?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, I'm believing work.
Speaker 4: I'm going against okay, Chilian tickets.
Speaker 3: Where are you where someone could stop by to see you and get in on one of fifty pair of tickets massive.
Speaker 1: Twenty ten aniversary ticket blowout? Where are you all right? Man?
Speaker 16: So we are in the Channel View, uh north Shore area, to be exact, To be exact, I'm on Iten East and Freeport Street, right at the Walmart parking lot.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He loves Walmart, he loves one.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a little Golden Corral you're sandwiched between. I'm looking at it Golden Corral and then our friends Jersey Mics are right there.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're open.
Speaker 11: I don't think there's a gift card to give away today.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you have fifty. Has anybody come yet?
Speaker 11: Not yet?
Speaker 1: We just we just landed.
Speaker 7: You go get sit up.
Speaker 16: I got Marvin over here helping me because we know it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So everybody drives safe, okay, Sae. So make sure you're coming part and then come to us.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's important, is thisn't a drive by situation. You park your car and then you approach the Chile and then you say, hey, I heard you.
Speaker 1: On the radio. I want some of these tickets.
Speaker 3: Chili right now is live in channel view the Walmart parking lot I ten East and Freeport Street. You get off, you get off I ten feet a road, you get nice in and out. It's a real I mean it's wide open right there. It's wide open. So park your car, get over.
Speaker 1: To chill in. Oh, we already got somebody. Okay, here they come here, they your name. I got Erma.
Speaker 4: D Erma's coming right now.
Speaker 1: Erma, right now, give her the phone real quick. I want to talk to her. Hold on, we want to talk.
Speaker 11: Turn your break you down, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Irma, Yes, so we're.
Speaker 3: Obviously you're in the neighborhood. Are you on your heading into downtown?
Speaker 1: On iten?
Speaker 4: No, I was actually dropping my son off and coming to Walmart.
Speaker 16: Oh, I didn't realize it Chili was here.
Speaker 3: Well, you're the first winner, I should announce to everybody. Now we only have forty nine pair of tickets left, very lucky. Forty after Irma, Irma, We're gonna party with you at the twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna party with you. I can't wait to be there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. There's only forty nine pair of tickets left. Chili's gonna go Facebook live from over there. So I love watching that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So we'll get that pinned up to our Facebook page and then, guys, you know what you need to do.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 3: When you were a little further out a couple weeks ago, you said, oh, it's only twenty pair. I don't know how far away do you need to be where you think? Is it worth the drive? Forty nine pair of tickets right now for the twenty anniversary show?
Speaker 1: All right, Chilli, I gotta take a break. We'll check back in with you. We're looking for him. We're looking for you to go on Facebook live because I love watching you out there. Such a handsome guy on our Facebook page. Yeah, thank you, Chili.
Speaker 3: One more time, Walmart parking Lot, Channel View, Ien East and Freeport.
Speaker 1: Chili is there. I think Marvin's out there, because I knew we were doing a lot of tickets. I go, I can't send my.
Speaker 3: Man out there by myself. I'm gonna be m Yeah, Marvin's gonna be. Marvin's out there and helping him out. So say hi to the guys. Stop by, snap yourselfie, send it to us. All this guys, we're gonna get We're gonna get.
Speaker 1: One hundred people into the party this morning. We're gonna go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get one hundred and two people in the party cause I'm gonna give away some tickets on the air.
Speaker 11: Coming up after this, Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Well, maybe we picked the wrong location. Chili called in this morning. We talked to him at seven o five and I said, I wanted to do a massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout today, and we went all the way up to fifty tickets.
Speaker 1: Irma showed up right away, and then I don't think anybody's been there since.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, come on, dude, how many tickets?
Speaker 5: Like Alex.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's a mad I'm watching right now. I'm watching Chili on Facebook Live. It's a madhouse out there.
Speaker 5: It looks insane.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me talk to Bobby Jokes here. Hey, Bobby, who's on the Who's Did you get a hold of Chili?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a hold of our promo guy.
Speaker 1: You want. So who's on this phone? Is it Marvin or Chili?
Speaker 5: I think it's Marvin right now. He's gonna hand it to Chili.
Speaker 3: That's okay, I talk to Marvin. Marvin's out there helping Chili. I mean, Chili is holding court out there. This is so much fun watching him Facebook live and just a massive lineup of people.
Speaker 1: Is this Marvin? Are you on the phone? No, it's been Chilli. He gave me the phone.
Speaker 6: Chili.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're killing it out there. Man, I'm telling you, man like you know what they're said, are up to your earl?
Speaker 5: Jeneralvan, come you build?
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea of how many tickets you've get up given away? Already? We said we were gonna do fifty five tickets.
Speaker 14: I don't know, but I'm gonna have to start founting because there's a lot of people are look at that line.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the line is huge. Okay, So oh we got thirteen tickets play? Oh it's gone that you got more than thirteen people in life? You have way more than thirteen people in line, right, now.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so I'm I'm gonna have to figure out.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna have to start doing a little couple of lap dances.
Speaker 8: Have you.
Speaker 5: Guys, We're out, just like that, We're out.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I read that was like, I probably won't get the tickets, but at least I can go give Chili a hug.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, chill a hug. That's wet hug. It's a little is it raining, Chili? Now? It stopped raining.
Speaker 14: Luckily God wanted us to give him out because it stopped raining.
Speaker 1: Bro, we are that is it?
Speaker 3: There's more than thirteen people in line, He's got thirteen left. Yeah, dude, go back, take care of the people there. Thank you, Chili. Facebook Live is so much fun to watch this morning. Just even me talking to Chilli right now, and I'm watching him talk to me, not even twenty No, yeah, unbelievable. Well, our Facebook page is certainly trending. I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now it's got so many eyes on it. Look at everybody, Hi, guys, I'm waving everybody. I like the camera.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's trending, guys. Sorry, channel View. Wow, I'm impressed. I wasn't sure about the location. You know, you're just kind of like guess you're like, Okay, well let's try this. Channel View came on strong today for those tickets. Well, we have one hundred more people coming to the party.
Speaker 1: There we go. We have one hundred more channel viewians, Channel Channel Channel Lights, channel View whites.
Speaker 3: What else is trending besides our Facebook page?
Speaker 4: I wanted to mention again that a single ticket sold in Sugarland, Texas match all six numbers in the eight hundred Mega Millions jack That means, for the first time since June, there's a grand prize winner in the nationwide lottery, so four hundred million dollars cash option. It's the seventh largest jackpot in the game's history. And it was sold to someone right here in our.
Speaker 5: Neck of the woods. So after Chile giving away.
Speaker 4: The fifty tickets of the twentieth anniversary A party, I think that is the number two biggest story.
Speaker 5: I have two friends that I know that live in sugar Then, and I've given them both like hey, dude, just checking on you. How you doing. Yeah, what's up, dude.
Speaker 4: Also to ease the stress and make parents' lives a little less hectic during the back to school season. Uber is offering teens rides for back to school. So for the entire month of September, if your teen signed an Uber signs up with an uberteen account, you can enjoy six complimentary rides to school and six meals deliveries for the month. So the rides and the delivery fees are capped at twenty bucks apiece, and you still have to pay taxes on that.
Speaker 5: But I thought that was a pretty.
Speaker 4: Cool promotion for you know, a lots of lots of teens.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: I remember waiting for my mom needing a ride all the time before I could drive. So that's what's trending on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, well that's it.
Speaker 3: The massive Rod Ryan Show twenty fth anniversary party ticket blowout that has come to an end. One hundred people from Channelview that came out to see the chili.
Speaker 1: I'm still he's still Facebook live. It's so much fun to watch.
Speaker 5: I'm watching it. People are just parked all crooked. There's like people that just pull over. Look at everyone's parked to get these tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty wild out there. We filled up that parking lot, that's for sure. But you know, this is where Chili like he we talked about this. He was really looking forward to going out and giving away tickets. This is how his career started. He loves it in a big Chili pepper out.
Speaker 5: In the streets.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: He's a man of the streets for sure. This is where Chili is. You know, his peacock, his feathers are out, so it's.
Speaker 5: In his element.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I get it.
Speaker 3: Not everybody that's listening this morning was able to get to Channel View. But if you are listening and you have a phone, Bobby Jokes is building in for Chile this morning, so that should have been your first tip that something was going on.
Speaker 1: I'll take call her ten right now. I'll take call her twenty for twenty.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna save the twenty for the academy. So I'll take caller ten seven one three two win two five nine four five, and uh we'll get one hundred and one and one hundred and two people today into the twentieth anniversary party. Seven one three two win two five nine four five. Now carefully, Bobby Jokes work in the phones this morning.
Speaker 1: It's a pearl jam an even flow ninety four five to the.
Speaker 10: Bus ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show on this wild card Wednesday, and the massive twentieth Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary ticket blowout has come to an end.
Speaker 1: Just like that. It was quick.
Speaker 3: It was quick, but guys, we blew out fifty pair of tickets this morning. Chili gave out one hundred tickets out there in Channelview. I gotta say I love you, thank you so much. I'm getting some emails now if you got a picture with Chili. I know everybody was taking selfies with Chili. If you got a picture with Chili, please send it in to us. I don't know if Rebecca had time. She was so freaking out rod I cannot believe I just secured my tickets to the party.
Speaker 1: I live in Dayton.
Speaker 3: I was taking iten downtown to avoid the horrible traffic on Highway ninety, which is rare that I take this route. You announced Chili's location. I was half a mile away from the Freeport exit. I don't think I've ever safely crossed four lanes and exiting so fast in my life. I am still shaking. I cannot wait to party with you, guys. Chili reminded me why I don't play the suburb of Summer Sisler because he asked me my favorite Shineedown song, and my brain quite simply turned all the way off counting down the days to the party.
Speaker 1: So there's that. Then there is.
Speaker 3: Lisa. I scored my tickets. Rod I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun, Okay, Lisa very good. Wendy said, I met up with Chili at Walmart and channel View this morning. I was right after IRMA, I'm so freaking excited. And then Kathleen channel View, you're killing me. Obviously, Kathleen doesn't live anywhere. Now you're channel View.
Speaker 5: That's why I gather that.
Speaker 1: But Kathleen, do you have a phone? Can you call in to win tickets? Yes?
Speaker 3: You can air the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. We've got shined Down, Sublime Blue October. Theory of the Dead Man in the xis performing live acoustic sets. We gave away one hundred tickets. I've got ticket one O one and one O two.
Speaker 1: Today. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 4: This is Becca?
Speaker 5: How are you? Oh God?
Speaker 1: Here comes Kathleen's email. Rebecca, your caller number ten. You're in the party.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, I've been trying.
Speaker 9: Thank you announce this day show.
Speaker 1: Do me a favor.
Speaker 3: This is not just me, This is not just for you, Rebecca, It's for anyone else. Do me a favor. You go find me a morning show. You go find me a radio show that gave away fifty one pair of tickets in the morning.
Speaker 1: Go find one.
Speaker 4: Go there's not one.
Speaker 1: You're you're gonna be going a long time and you're never gonna come back because you're not gonna find it. You're not gonna find it. Fifty one pair of tickets. You got tickets. Pair of tickets, fifty one Rebecca, congrats.
Speaker 12: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could have just gone as in Channel View. Doesn't everybody live in channel View? Could you just gone to Chile and get these?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I was heading to the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're on the other side of the planet. This is way way yeah yeah, yeah, all right, Well.
Speaker 3: Where are you from, Rebecca?
Speaker 8: I live in Cypher.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, you and your guest, who are you bringing? Do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: My boyfriend.
Speaker 7: He's a bassis of lucid illusion.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we want to love.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, all right, Rebecca, I know exactly who you are.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, I'm really really happy for you.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: So glad you guys are going to be in the party. Okay, we gotta get some information from you. But don't mean Bobby jokes that you talked to next And.
Speaker 1: It's fun. It's really really fun. I was quick.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we have other things, you know. I got pit tickets to Creed at nine ten. I got a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card that's coming your way. I know the show this morning. Jersey Mike's Chili was right there by Jersey Mikes. Hey, Chili, bring us some treats. Please, Chili, bring us some treats. There's stuff open in Channel View. I saw, look at those people out there. Chili, bring us treats. Okay, So one hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card coming your way at eight twenty and right now, new music from Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you say. I love it. It's ninety four to five. The bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's show, Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine.
Speaker 3: Boy, the debate. I didn't think it was going to go away quickly. You know, it's going to be a talking.
Speaker 1: Point for a for a while.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that her ties to scientology and Danny Masterson was going to.
Speaker 1: Be as big a deal as it is. Oh boy, did you think wrong? Boy? I didn't. I mean, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't look at everybody's religion. I don't know everybody that like hits religion is this. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: I you know, I know her from Dead Sarah, but I don't know much more about her. But apparently she early on was supportive of Danny Masterson from that seventies show.
Speaker 1: Also from but I mean, so is Ashton and his wife, you know what I mean? Like that was that was their friend. That was their friend. So until he was proven guilty, they're like, dude, you didn't do this, did you? And he's like no, So they believed their friend.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Apparently she was friends with him, and I know scientologists they stick together and whatnot. But that that is such a huge thing with every Lincoln Park post. I see right now it is people with the comments about her past and her scientology, and uh, I.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's a hot thing right now. I think it's going to dissipate. I really do. I think it's I think you're gonna forget about it. I think people are gonna forget. Not everybody, but I think most people are just gonna like, Okay, the band's moving on, they got a new singer.
Speaker 5: I get being.
Speaker 4: Perturbed by the Danny Masters and stuff.
Speaker 5: He's like, oh, that's your friend, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But the religion as and I'm just gonna say it, like scientology gives off weird vibes, right, Like there's weird stuff that goes on, Like that's kind of the thing. But it isn't that like just her religion. That's like her choice kind of.
Speaker 1: She was born into it.
Speaker 3: I'm understanding just from comments that her parents are.
Speaker 1: Big in it.
Speaker 4: I find other I find things that people do like weird when it comes to their religion, but it's their like, it's their choice. That's what this country is kind of all about. The Masters and stuff.
Speaker 5: I get. But then she came back and said, Okay, like let me just make it clear.
Speaker 1: He wasn't who I thought.
Speaker 5: I announce people that abuse women, right, I also like to say it.
Speaker 4: I just throw it in there. Why do people have to denounce it?
Speaker 5: I don't know how to denounce women. User you show.
Speaker 3: Why did my sister on the planet, Why did Aunt Sue Ryan send me a picture of a Portuguese man o war?
Speaker 1: Because I told you that's what Portugal has, That's where they came from. They invented those Portuguese man war It's really a beautiful thing. It's fish.
Speaker 4: It's gorgeous, but it will kill you.
Speaker 1: It's like the peacock of jerryfish, very poisonous.
Speaker 3: All right, danger, All right, Well, Aunty was listening on the line this morning.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: All right, Well listen, I told you we got Jersey Mike stuff. We got pit tickets for you, We got all kinds of stuff for you.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 8: Come on Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rocks Morning Show, six am ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 3: Tiny four or five buzz Good Morning. Brought Ryan's show on this wild Card Wednesday, A one hundred dollars Jersey MINC's gift card is coming your way at eight, twenty nine, ten pit tickets to the sold out Creed Show that's Saturday night, and then Academy Sports and outdoors Man twenty days celebrating twenty years. Two hundred dollars a day, two hundred dollars gift card on Know the Show, thirty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, pies of around eighty six.
Speaker 1: I'm still.
Speaker 3: Taking all the emails and people, some happy, some not happy, couldn't get into the massive twentieth anniversary ticket blowout, and people are asking, did chili ever make it back?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Then there's a bombshells over there. They open because we got a chance to get chili back here.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be out for a while.
Speaker 1: If they let bomb.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's a guy mopping the floor, bombshells, Chili, Chili, you'll get his ass in there somehow.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey man, I'll help you mop. How about grabbing me a draft? All right? What you got over there? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Vice President Kamala Harris says Congress is to blame for not addressing the border issue. If you didn't know, last night was the first and possibly only presidential debate between Vice president Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump. It was filled with snarky comments from both candidates. The debate started with a handshake that was really the end of the pleasantries between the two. After it was over, the Harris campaign sent out an email challenging Trump to another debate, and Trump responded by telling ABC News that she was challenging him to another debate because she lost that one very badly.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not about to talk about who won or who lost, but I will say that nobody crumbled, Okay, like Joe Biden crumbled.
Speaker 1: You know, we know that he lost his right. I don't think there was a clear winner. There wasn't a clear There wasn't a clear loser.
Speaker 5: Too. Parties like candidate was the winner. Yeah, yeah, both parties were claiming victory.
Speaker 3: But I think it's strong that she wants another one. And I don't think it's a good look that he says no. I think he's like, Okay, you've been called out to the school yard again.
Speaker 1: Do it another round.
Speaker 5: We just got finished with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it'll be interesting to see what happens the concepts of a new debate.
Speaker 3: They're working I.
Speaker 1: Watched a bunch of it last night. I'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: David Muir and I'm sorry I forgot the other girl's name, but they they kept him in line.
Speaker 1: They did really, really good. They when people were talking.
Speaker 3: Now I know they do the microphones and the microphone is off when the other candidate is talking, but even when they wanted to respond and they wanted to keep talking, David Muir and the other awesome check, I don't remember her name, they kept them.
Speaker 1: In line last night.
Speaker 3: It was a clinic on how to do it, because not all debates have been like that.
Speaker 1: Like that, Yeah, they were good.
Speaker 5: Controlling the controlling the narrative there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been. I've been before.
Speaker 3: I've had guests on the show where I lost control and I can feelers.
Speaker 4: Who was it kind of wrangle and people who are, you know, notably known for wanting to finish their point and speak their mind.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, oh, Tommy black guy and Living Color.
Speaker 5: Tommy Lee Davidson, No, Tommy.
Speaker 3: Davidson, Tommy Davidson, Yeah, yeah, no, Lee lost control. The guy was just an animal. He was a savage in here. Yeah, ky Se, Yeah, well he was swearing. Yeah, he was swearing, but I just we can't dump out of you this anymore.
Speaker 5: Dude, what do we do?
Speaker 3: I just I look at this and yeah, the Wayn's brothers we're just talking on top of one another, and Tommy Davidson, it was just I couldn't control the I couldn't control.
Speaker 5: That's what they do.
Speaker 1: I don't like to lose control.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about nine to eleven because commemorations are happening in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon. People around the globe are remembering the victims of the nine to eleven terrorist attacks. Today it is the twenty third anniversary of the attacks. Family members of the victims are gathering with local leaders in Lower Manhattan so they do the annual reading of the victims' names. During the ceremony, there will be six moments of silence to mark when both World Trade Center towers were struck and fell, when the Pentagon was attacked, and when the United Airlines Flight ninety three crash in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: So those will be the moments of silence.
Speaker 4: President Biden and VP Harris will visit all three attack sites today to mark the anniversary. But as I mentioned these, there will be commemorations happening all over the country hashtag never forget.
Speaker 5: It's the ending of an era. Campbell Soup is over.
Speaker 4: Okay, just the name. They announce that they're planning to drop the soup and rename themselves the Campbell's Company.
Speaker 5: The CEO said today, we're so much more than soup.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, Campbell Soup owns a bunch of other brands, including like Goldfish, and the CEO wants people to know that, so they expect them to change the name.
Speaker 5: It isn't official yet.
Speaker 4: Campbell Soup is a public company, so the rebrand will have to be approved by the shareholders.
Speaker 3: I think it's got to have something to do with Goldfish beingcoming so popular.
Speaker 1: You're gonna learn this quick over there.
Speaker 5: Goldfish is always in my house, brother, I love them over cheese. It's I think you have to have them both.
Speaker 1: I think London may be the main reason they're not going to go buy Campbell Soup just because of the other brands. Goldfish is going to overtake Campbell's forever the best. You're just like, let me get let me get a dad text real fast. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta tell I gotta let me see these are fresh. There's a breakdancing song here.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we're talking about Australian breakdancing superhero Ray Gun Athlete.
Speaker 5: The officially okay, okay, this is not.
Speaker 4: A joke, officially ranked the number one female breakdancer in the world. How is this happening? Because the three women who actually.
Speaker 1: Meddled at the Olympics didn't even make the top ten, so did they not rank anyone else?
Speaker 6: They just have like real systems of tournaments that like there's no like real governing body.
Speaker 1: She's the only breakdancer we know. Well, it doesn't really make The reason she's number one.
Speaker 4: Is complicated, but basically it comes down to a single competition that she won last October. So they it's like a point system each dancer's top four performances over the last year and only the last twelve months.
Speaker 5: So the Olympics didn't count.
Speaker 4: Towards the points because remember she scored zero points. They were actually very few ranking events, so it just so happens at Reagan one, one of the last non Olympic events, and she actually did well there, so she she won something. Before she rules the world of break Dan.
Speaker 1: In charge of oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a judge. I heard okay, big story today.
Speaker 1: I got another confession. My god blown up, Like, dude, what are your thoughts? What are your thoughts? I don't know. Dude cheated on his wife. It's terrible. It's horrible.
Speaker 4: Dave Grohl wandered outside the boundaries of his marriage nine months ago. On an Instagram post yesterday, he says he's recently become the father of a new baby daughter born outside of his marriage. He plans to be loving and supportive as far as a parent goes to her, but he also says, you know, I love my wife, I love my children. I'm doing everything I can to regain their trust and earn their forgiveness. Dave and his wife, Jordan Blum, have been married since two thousand and three. This man Gush is about his wife in his book. He is the family man, rock Star. He has three daughters. He has three daughters with Jordan, eighteen year old Violet who has the activator Instagram account after that announcement, fifteen year old Harper, and then ten year old Ophelia. So this is just it's like another one bites to us like damn, okay, are there no good guys.
Speaker 5: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 1: Do you not support him anymore?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: In football, what do they do They burn jerseys, you know? Is I mean, that's what. And I'll say this, there was a lot of.
Speaker 6: Brady started did this in the beginning of his career, and people will really still yeah time Brady.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of gals on our Instagram last night where it's like, this is unacceptable, this is unacceptable. Oh my god, I loved him, I hate him now. It was visceral. It was visceral last night. When this announcement shows, I think.
Speaker 4: It just proves that people are human, even you're beloved. You know, Dave Grohl, who can have this. You know, there's no doubt that he does great things for the community. He does a lot of good in the world. But at the end of the day, no one is perfect. Everyone is human. But damn, like, what a dagger to be. You know.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for his family.
Speaker 4: It's embarrassing as a wife, it's embarrassing as your a daughter. This is my dad doing this. So I don't know, dude. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the family, the girls, oh.
Speaker 1: And just people aren't gonna forget.
Speaker 3: There's that one guy from Barstool Sports that cheated on his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: She was pregnant at the time.
Speaker 3: This guy puts out content every single day. He puts out content, and I go to the and I go and this is a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I go to the comments seven years and everybody comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anything he says, oh, are you the guy that cheated on his pregnant girlfriend? Like it's non People just don't have take a day off springing from that, So all right, what do you got?
Speaker 6: Aftro spell of the A's four to three last night and next Ravenings they're gonna play the A's again.
Speaker 5: Tonight.
Speaker 6: Hunter Brown will be on the mount for this shows, going up against Oakland's Joey Est his first pitch for that's at sevent ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 11: Rock and alternative very used to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: It's a collective soul in December, it'll be here before you know it.
Speaker 1: Today September eleven, take.
Speaker 3: A moment to kind of think about where you were, what was going on that day.
Speaker 1: I think you test that.
Speaker 3: You said, we're twenty three years removed. Man, Yeah, two thousand and one, twenty three years ago when all hell broke loose, and man, there's a few things that have gone on in our life. And one of the things that kind of bridges these generations together, it's like, Okay.
Speaker 1: Where were you when this happened?
Speaker 3: And it was eight forty six am that the first tower was hit, which would have been seven forty six am here and hashtag never forget and we say that and we throw that around, but we must never forget what happened on that day twenty three years ago. Today, three days, three scams, No way.
Speaker 1: Monday, I came in and I talked about an email scam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yesterday I talked about a phone scam. Somebody was trying to get me to go down to the Harris County precincton.
Speaker 5: Because you missed an important jury judy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of people have sent me an email and said they have all my information and they have all of my photographs of everything since the Internet started, and they will forget about it if I send them twentieth anniversary tickets.
Speaker 5: Stop. I have several job, I had several of.
Speaker 1: Those come in.
Speaker 5: Okay, they can have them. That's very funny.
Speaker 4: No, I like the creativity giving.
Speaker 1: In any of these jokers.
Speaker 4: Can I just say that Becca was on the X feeling sorry for her. She goes, at this point, this is going to be me at home while everyone else is.
Speaker 5: At the twenty the anniversary party.
Speaker 4: And it's that guy like sitting by himself, standing in an empty pool in his yard, like all by himself. She retweeted herself and said, y'all, I was kidding. I called and won the tickets right after I tweeted this.
Speaker 1: That was her, that was her, That was Rebecca. All right, well that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Good for you. The pity party can end.
Speaker 3: Fifty one pair of tickets given away today.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 3: So Shaboozie's got the number one song in country radio and it's a hip hop it's an old hip hop song that he reworked.
Speaker 1: And I mean it's just it's an old song that he really is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tipsy is I would think I was nineteen twenty when Tipsy came out.
Speaker 3: They're not saying David Bowie just scored his first number one country hit. How so David Bowie has been dead for eight years? Yeah, oh yeah, remixes, that's David Bowie, rebel, rebel. This is where country music's going. If Raboozie is gonna have a number one head, then guess.
Speaker 1: What we have to be?
Speaker 5: Not country?
Speaker 1: Chris Young said, you know what I want in on this and guess what.
Speaker 3: He's got a number one song right now, young Love and Saturday Nights and he, I guess, borrowed the Bowie guitar riff.
Speaker 1: So he's got a.
Speaker 3: Song and David Bowie is a co writer of his song because of the riff, dress Graveson and.
Speaker 11: Hore in the bargain live.
Speaker 5: I mean country. Yeah, I agree. I feel like a I wrote this.
Speaker 3: Fast Cars and it's the number one song on country charts. Yeah, David Bowie has the number one song on the country charts right now, eight years after he passed away.
Speaker 4: You know what I want to do and I listen to this song, big out with your high school sweetheart.
Speaker 6: Blue jeans, get him my pickup truck, drive down dirt road with the cold beer and tune it turning.
Speaker 5: Chris Young on the radio. It's my gun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I imagine there's a ton of people that love that song that have no idea that that's a David Bowie riff.
Speaker 5: From like this, Chris Young really has something here.
Speaker 1: And did David Bowie write that riff? The guitar riff? David Bowie had a guitar player.
Speaker 5: I missed nineties country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Earl Slick was one of his guitar players. I don't know who.
Speaker 3: I don't know who came up with the riff. David Bowie, I'm sure is the songwriter of the song though so and David Bowie played guitar, so he probably did.
Speaker 1: Come up with that riff. All right, quick break, let me come back in a rec check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll give away a one hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card.
Speaker 1: We don't want that, sorry, I'll get right to you and said.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's okay. Those two beds have been interchanging.
Speaker 1: Good Morning ninety four and five the Bus Welcome Back rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday. Got a great prize coming up for you in just a moment.
Speaker 3: So to sit tight for that we got a thirty percent chance of rain today. I just went back I saw I love the chili video. Chili was Facebook. He was on Facebook live this morning during our massive rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary ticket blowout. You can tell it rained in Channel View at some point this morning, but he said it wasn't raining when he was out there.
Speaker 1: So thirty percent chance of rain Cloudy's guy's high of eighty six? What's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 10: Do you know.
Speaker 4: Casey Anthony who's like that mom who is accused of killing her little girl.
Speaker 1: Top mom, top Mom, that's what Nancy Grace called her.
Speaker 4: Well, she was in like Daily Mail and Daily Son and all these taboys because apparently she moved to this town to follow a guy who's married. He's been married for twenty years and now like that marriage is breaking up and she's just it's a wreck.
Speaker 5: She's gross, truly.
Speaker 4: And could you imagine blowing up a twenty year old, twenty year old marriage to date that person when you have kids.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's something that a lot of people are talking about. Also, did you see that they are going to start filming Happy Gilmore too. They're beginning to film it and they're saying Bad Bunny has joined the cast. This is just the latest movie the artist has added to his resume. He's been on Bullet Train f nine. He's in an upcoming thriller, So Bad Bunny trying to get in on the acting game so much.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna be a million cameos.
Speaker 4: In this probably probably, and Travis Kelsey's gonna have a cameo.
Speaker 1: And Shooter McGavin got in trouble.
Speaker 3: Wow, the guy that plays Shooter McGavin, because he must have been on some podcast or interviewed somewhere and he started leaking information and he had to go back and say, you know what, I got in trouble. I shouldn't have been talking about it yet. You know, you gotta wait till the boss says you can go. And Adam Sandler's the boss, and Shooter McGavin start of shooting up his mouth a little early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, this is Shooter's tournament. Now sounds no.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's apologized.
Speaker 4: Also, TV legend Larry David is taking his show on the road. He's so if you don't know Larry David is creator of Seinfeld. He's a star of Curb Your Enthusiasm. He's doing this a conversation with Larry David's show, but he's taking it to different cities and apparently Peyton Manning will be joining him at the Denver show, which they're selling tickets for that now. But yeah, Larry David announcing that he's taking his show on the road definitely trending in the news cycle.
Speaker 5: And that's what's trending on nighty four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away this gift card.
Speaker 5: I have one hundred dollars. One hundred dollars, has some good eating.
Speaker 4: That's a couple of nights. They're good eating at Jersey Mike's. If it's not freshly Slice, it's not Jersey Mike's. Jersey Mike's a sub of them.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm looking for caller number ten seven as we rock out with Stained for You ninety four five The Buzz, four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. I love that stage song.
Speaker 3: Guys, hope you're off show. A great start to your day again. Thank you to everybody out in the Channel View area. You guys really showed up huge today for the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten aniversary massive ticket blowout. I didn't I thought Chili was going to be out there longer. What I didn't anticipate was Chili still not here.
Speaker 4: I mean right, it gave him two seconds to get mob for the tickets. Right now, it's you know, we're almost in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Did he stop off and get his treats? When he comes into treats?
Speaker 5: Okay, what is the vote?
Speaker 4: You ready?
Speaker 3: I think he saw I think he saw the dead look in my eyes when he came back from the last ticket blowout and I said, did you get us anything?
Speaker 5: Do you think he brought Do you think he brought us anything?
Speaker 2: Ron?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's Alex. He's a guy that gets stuff.
Speaker 3: He's a guy that gets stuff brought to him.
Speaker 1: You know, he's not used to he's not in that role.
Speaker 4: So but he knows how nice it is to get stuff brought to you.
Speaker 3: I've seen people approach Chili and lay things at his feet, right, Okay, he's not used to buying things for other people.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's changed, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Chili? Where are you h chance of rain today?
Speaker 5: Claudie's Skies treats bitch. Whoa what I know you hear me?
Speaker 3: He's definitely super trampanant. He's definitely taking the long road home right now. He ain't rush rush to get back here. Good morning, Rot Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey ro?
Speaker 1: What's up? Daniel Mure Daniel, you'll call her number ten? So great man? What is he won?
Speaker 4: If I give you this hundred dollars Jersey Mike Skift cards, will you bring.
Speaker 1: Us treats us one? Cut it and cut it in four pieces?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you drive the jumbo one and cut it.
Speaker 5: We can all have a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Cut it in three Actually that I really could do that.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is all yours, dude, Mike, Jersey Mike's.
Speaker 4: If it's not freshly slice, it's not Jersey Mike's are so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Daniel, great man.
Speaker 5: It does sound great, sounds really good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it sounds so good. Right now. I can kill a sandwich on the music blog page today. Listen, guys, it's still summer until I think September twentieth twenty second. That's what summer ends.
Speaker 4: I believe that's the last day of summer. Oh yes, or first day of fall.
Speaker 5: Here, let me google it.
Speaker 1: Sunday, September twenty second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so they've put out a list of the best end of summer songs.
Speaker 1: This is I always thought was just a summer song.
Speaker 11: Month.
Speaker 3: Is it an end of summer song? I've never associated it with coming to the coming to it. Some of these are gonna be a little bit more obvious. I don't know the lyrics. Does he talk about the summer coming to an end anywhere?
Speaker 4: He's just recap It's like a recapping.
Speaker 5: Of this summer.
Speaker 3: I know you're smoking funny things. Yeah, I think you banged a seventeen.
Speaker 5: Year old is like a reminiscent.
Speaker 4: It's like a reminiscent song of the Yeah six Sweet Summertime.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying he wasn't seventeen as well, but I think there's a seventeen year old reference in here talking about Okay, well, this is one of the best end of summer songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, this song really is.
Speaker 3: It don't sound anything alike, but you know that both of these artists that you're hearing now are from the Motor City Detroit and Kid Rock loves Him Some Bob Seeger All Summer Long is definitely influenced by this song Night Moves, and this song also made the list as one of the best end of Summer songs.
Speaker 1: I have to agree now, Like I said, some of these are going to be a little bit more obvious than others. And I know you're just sitting here waiting for it. Wake me up when September ends.
Speaker 3: Although I never associated this song with summer, although it's at the end of summer, yeah, end of September.
Speaker 1: First lyric I never associated this song with summer.
Speaker 5: It's the first thing.
Speaker 1: WANs. This is the fifth best end of summer song.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not what he wrote it before, but that's cool.
Speaker 1: September by Earth Wind and Fire do you remember?
Speaker 4: I remember?
Speaker 3: Last Day of Summer by the Cure came in at number three. I'm struggling with two and one. They're both amazing songs. They're both clearly end of summer songs. I just think one of them might be more obvious than the other. In at the number two slot after the Boys of Summer have Gone. Boys of Summer, if you didn't know, was originally done by the great Don Henley, not the Eagles, but Don Henley solo. Boys of Summer it talks about the summer being over. Specif how is this not the number one end of summer song?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Just have to just hear what they put for one so I could tell you why.
Speaker 5: This is a great one. We know this.
Speaker 1: This is a great song. And that cover is so great too, that cover that we played, No.
Speaker 15: Mother.
Speaker 3: The only change that they made in the in the cover was he says, saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac, and in the cover it's a black flag sticker.
Speaker 1: In the Cadillac. The number one. Oh so good. I love this. This is the original.
Speaker 3: Yeah, long after the Boys of Summer is gone, this is number one. This is the number one end of summer song.
Speaker 4: Takes some convincing, Yeah, to get me to disagree with.
Speaker 1: That, Maggie May. It's late September and I really should be back in school. Of course, this is going to be some drawn out version. Jesus H. Christ who plays this versions?
Speaker 5: The folk version? This is the Renaissance.
Speaker 1: This is the one from the ren Fest. I'll do it. Where's the guitar that everybody knows? Please?
Speaker 5: I'm a good one, Alex damn?
Speaker 1: What is that? The Radio Wizard B side there was a different slow dancing in high school, so we get some extra time with that girl. Put on the long version thank you know this song alex Oh yes, okay, really this is not better than Boys of Summer as for an end of Summer song.
Speaker 4: Demo.
Speaker 6: The lyrics yeah, speaking of you know You're so last summoned from taking back Sunday should have made this list.
Speaker 5: It was so high school, should we all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, we've got the complete list lots of great stuff on the movie blog page or the music blog page. Today, Sunday, September twenty second is the official end of Summer eleven days away.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Show, Good Morning on ninety four five, The Bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Bus, Red Hot, Chili Peppers, and Under the Bridge Rod Ryan Show, eight thirty nine.
Speaker 1: There's no sign of Chili yet.
Speaker 5: No, I'll shot that Summertime said.
Speaker 3: They're coming to his defense though, Rod just speaking of Chili. This is Brandon, he said, in Chili's defense, Have you ever tried to get from Channel View to the West Side during the seven eight o'clock hours, damn near impossible. Bro is probably moving three miles an hour right now, So Brandon's sticking up for the Chili.
Speaker 1: We've not seen Chili.
Speaker 5: Maybe tickets, Brandon.
Speaker 3: I mean Chili gave away fifty pair of tickets this morning out in Channel View off of by ten during our massive ticket blowout this morning. He was it's over an hour since he's been out of tickets, so he's got to be stopping to get us something to eat.
Speaker 5: That's the only logical explanation.
Speaker 1: Some fresh hot coffee and some doughnut holes or something. You think he's got. You think that's happening, Calagi.
Speaker 4: Like a sausage cheese SCLATCHI from Shipley.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe not though maybe not Like Alex is like, do not get your hopes up on Chili walking in retreats today for us.
Speaker 5: I do feel like he's probably just parked, Chili.
Speaker 1: Do you think you just took a nap?
Speaker 3: He just like locked the doors of the buzz van and napped it off.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm sure, Chili. We're hoping that you're safe.
Speaker 3: Okay, hungry still to come on this National Make your Bed Day to make your bed this morning.
Speaker 5: Tessa, Uh, there was a man in it, so no.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so no making the bed.
Speaker 3: There's someone not my job, Okay, excuse me, it's.
Speaker 4: Not my job.
Speaker 5: The last person out the bed makes the bed.
Speaker 1: I'll all that.
Speaker 5: Right, jobs, I guess I allow that. Alex, shut up, I am job. You delegate a lot of jobs. Due, Well that's part. That's hard work, all right.
Speaker 3: Still to come pit tickets to go see Creede, three Doors Down and Finger eleven.
Speaker 1: We'll have those tickets for you at around nine to ten.
Speaker 3: And then the twenty Days celebrating twenty years Academy Sports and Outdoors a two hundred dollars gift card on the show today Buzz.
Speaker 11: Rock and Tearing Very soon, Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Well, Well, well look you here, Chili has made his way back here to the radio station.
Speaker 1: Chili was out live today out in Channel View. Chili, would that be? I was watching?
Speaker 3: I told him how much I really enjoyed watching him on Facebook live work in the crowd doing some crowd work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out there in the in the Walmart parking lot. Hey, okay, what's up?
Speaker 3: So you were asking people, you know, what they were most excited about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody say shine down?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 14: You know, there was like one blue October sublime, but Shine Down by Far was like the one that everybody wanted to see.
Speaker 3: They got some of the best songs on the radio right now. So the timing of them playing the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party is stupid. October twelfth, get stupid with us. Keep trying to win some tickets to join us out at the Carbock Brewery. Brent and Zach are going to be there performing live. So all right, Chilly, good to see you back here.
Speaker 1: Thanks for Oh he didn't bring us anything. I did.
Speaker 14: I did give you all some challenge coins from homicide detective.
Speaker 1: They showed up to get tickets.
Speaker 14: Oh really yeah, oh cool, So he gave me some challenge coins.
Speaker 13: So yeah, those are one for each of y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm my god. That's so cool.
Speaker 5: So don't say I never brought you all anything.
Speaker 1: Does it tastes like the coin?
Speaker 5: You can find it?
Speaker 3: The coin you want me to bite this thing? Real gold Olympian on the podium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fine, that tastes like a challenge thirty percent chance of raining, cloudy sky's highs of around eighty six. All right, Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: What you got a lot?
Speaker 4: So last night was the presidential debate and it was between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump, and it was the first and possibly only debate we'll get, but it was filled with snarky comments for both candidates. They started with a handshake, but that was the end of the pleasant pleasantries between the two. Vice President Harris says Congress is to blame for not addressing the border issue. During the debate, Harris accuses Trump of killing a bill in Congress in order to make it an electionist issue, and she went on to list members of Trump's staff that had criticized him and endorsed her. Meanwhile, Trump says Harris is destroying the border and that he would start deporting millions of illegal immigrants immediately if he was elected, but.
Speaker 5: He couldn't answer how he plans to do it.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, that's just one take away take away for us. I feel like in our area, I feel like immigration is a pretty big issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah.
Speaker 4: After the debate was finished, the Harris campaign challenged Trump to another debate via email, and Trump was on ABC News as saying that the reason she's challenging him to another one is because she lost last nights very badly.
Speaker 3: Who said that Trump Trump's people. Okay, she did really good last night. She was really prepared.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't if that's not your candidate.
Speaker 3: I understand you're not going to say anything nice. I'm looking at it just from somebody that's watching. She was prepared. Donald Trump has more presidential debates than anybody I think in the history of debates. Okay, he's done a million of them, and this was her first one.
Speaker 1: She was in there.
Speaker 3: She was prepped and ready to go. I thought that I don't know that there was a for me. There wasn't a clear cut winner. You know, Trump was Trump. He's calm, he knows how to do these things. And she didn't look like somebody that was not below need to be there.
Speaker 1: She was prepared. Also.
Speaker 4: I got to kind of mention it the dog eating comment, like people are eating dogs and cats.
Speaker 1: I don't know where that is.
Speaker 5: What's going on that's been trending all morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same people were eating dogs in Ohio.
Speaker 5: So that was another takeaway.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about weather just a little bit, because Franccene is now a hurricane. The National Hurricane Center upgraded franc Scene to a hurricane status as of seven pm last night, and now she's expected to make landfall in Louisiana this afternoon and then move into Mississippi tonight our Thursday. So the tropical storm watch for our Texas coastline has been canceled.
Speaker 5: They're still monitoring things over.
Speaker 4: In Galveston because they still may be expecting a little storm surge over there.
Speaker 5: That so that's a big story here locally.
Speaker 4: And then of course you didn't know, Today is September eleventh, and people around the globe are remembering the victims of the nine to eleven terrorist attacks. Today it is a twenty third anniversary of the attack. And on this day, family members and the victims, they're going to be gathering with local leaders. This happens every year in Lower Manhattan, where they read the victims' names. There will be moments of silence during the ceremony. There'll be six moments of silence to mark when both the World Trade Center towers were struck in film, then when the Pentagon was attacked, and when the United Airlines Flight ninety three crash into Pennsylvania, a very very dark time in our country's history. That's why we vowed to never forget right, But do you.
Speaker 1: Remember afterwards how unified we all were.
Speaker 3: There was no sides of the aisle. We didn't fight like that. This country was so unified afterwards. Everybody was driving around, there were flags on cars, and you know, you're watching President Bush throw out that pitch at the Yankees game, and everybody was cheering. Republicans and Democrats, everybody was cheering. It unified us, and it shouldn't take something like that to unify us. But think back to how we were after that, and this was one country united of anything.
Speaker 4: It serves as a reminder that there are people in this world that do not they dislike our country, and we can't spend all of our time disliking each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think that's what I think. It's a great time for that, and of course to commemorate the victims as well.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about traveling, because this website ranked the best countries to visit if you want to travel overseas on a budget, and they gave the top spot to Vietnam. Apparently everything is cheap and the exchange rate is super good.
Speaker 5: Now, of course it's gonna take you.
Speaker 4: Well, I get one thousand dollars flight. You know, to get there, it's not gonna be cheap to get there, but once you do, you can get you could live like a king. You can live large on as little as thirty dollars a day, or very large on sixty bucks a day. South Africa is also another place where the flight isn't cheap, but once you get there, everything else is. Portugal is number three on this list, Argentina number four, Indonesia number five. It's got over seventeen thousand islands to choose from, and you can have a great time on around sixty dollars a day according to this website.
Speaker 5: Also Costa Rica. Now Costa Rica is the most.
Speaker 4: Expensive country on this list, at one hundred and sixteen dollars a day, but it's a good choice if you want to explore Central America on a budget.
Speaker 3: And the one it's the only location on that list where it seems like, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Probably the one I would pick. I don't know anything about those other place man, Anything about Vietnam? What am I going to do there?
Speaker 5: Whatever you want?
Speaker 1: Dude, what am I going to do?
Speaker 4: One hundred on the table? Whatever you want? Okay, let's talk about Shalene Woodley because she will be starring in a biopick that is in the works about Janis Joplin. Shalane Woodley is also producing the biopic She Was Sadly. Janis Joplin was sadly and famously part of the twenty seven Club where she just died so young, and there have been numerous attempts to make a biopic about her life, but so far none of them have crossed the finish line. So this is something that is getting a boost in tax credits from the California Film Commission, which is very interesting. They say California met so much to Janis Joplin from the stoops of San Francisco that they are excited to share with the world her vibrant humanity.
Speaker 5: Woodley was sharing that in a statement.
Speaker 3: So she has one of those voices. I know that it was once in a generation thing. I can't get into it.
Speaker 1: I cannot.
Speaker 5: I don't ever like Janet.
Speaker 1: I never liked her. I love to get into it. She was talented, you know, caught up in the drugs.
Speaker 5: Crazy, yeah, a little crazy, but good.
Speaker 1: I can't listen to her. I cannot listen to her, oh Man, just like well, just who played Maggie May earlier? Like Rod Stewart. If I'm three four songs into Rod.
Speaker 3: Stewart, like I want a cough drop, like I want to take a lozenge, like I can't.
Speaker 1: Listen to too much of it? You want some hurt to her?
Speaker 5: Same with her, So then you're probably not keen on.
Speaker 4: Do you like Melissa Ethridge?
Speaker 1: I do like Melissa?
Speaker 3: Okay, she has a cleaner voice than Bobby McGee over there.
Speaker 4: Take an old piece of her heart, Rod, Okay, why are we playing Taylor Swift?
Speaker 5: Because the VMA's are tonight on MTV.
Speaker 4: They air at APM and Taylor Swift leads the pack with twelve nominations, Post Malone not far behind with eleven. Eminem has eight, Ariana Grande, Meg the Sallion. Sabrina Carpenter says that they're all nominated seven times each. So we had already mentioned Emony Eminem is gonna be opening the show, Mega the Stallion is gonna be hosting, So yeah, those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 6: Take it, Alex, Yeah, ros out of the A's four to three last night and Extra Innings. They're gonna play the A's again tonight. Hunter Brown is gonna be in the Mount for the Stros. They'd be going up against Oakland's Joey Estes. First pitches at seven ten and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Baby, Baseball's not your thing, college football could be your thing. And if you want to go see the Houston Cougars take on Rice this Saturday at TDECU Stadium for the Bayu Bucket Collar ten to seven one three two win two five nine four five. Those tickets are yours plate crap, God, there you go.
Speaker 1: Hally ten seve one three two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: Forget about the Milo one though, the only old I might like that one better?
Speaker 1: All right, guys giving away you of a tickets?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh you have it? Yeah, money, Come on Milo, Where are you real?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 3: Seven one three two five ninety four five for tickets.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Lincoln Park Runaway rod Ryan Show Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's a local feature today.
Speaker 3: If you haven't had a chance to get over to the world famous rod Ryan Show page to the Buzz dot com Local Local, Local, Interesting, it's wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's not tat Tuesday.
Speaker 3: She's not overly tatted, but she's got some interesting She's got really really interesting leg tattoo.
Speaker 4: I'll say that that is a listener that nominated the Local features.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when I say interesting, it doesn't mean I don't like it. It's cool.
Speaker 3: It's very very cool, very geometric. So great feature today.
Speaker 1: On Links and Guests.
Speaker 3: Local always wins thirty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, hies up around eighty six. Sorry, I just can't do Janis Joplin, Sam says Rod. If you can't get into Janis Joplin, then you just ain't from the South.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 3: Rod's thank you, I'm not I'm not from the South. Soon confirmed, and he goes, you can have your kiss. I was ten, okay, I was ten when they were my favorite band.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do? Okay?
Speaker 3: Is anybody running around Janis Joplin's their favorite singer. No, she's not my favorite, but nobody that's under sixty.
Speaker 1: Nobody that's under sixty.
Speaker 5: One of my friends has me and Bobby McGhee tattoo.
Speaker 4: She really likes Janis.
Speaker 5: And I know one of my aunts really loved her too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they've been talking about making this movie for a long time. Do I think she's worthy of a movie. Yeah, of course, Well I go see it?
Speaker 4: No, what if it's good, then I will.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a rock movie. Of course I want to see it, you know. Of course I want to see it.
Speaker 1: You know, but you know who's in control? Are they getting the rights to the music? Has the family signed off on it? Is the person? Is it Shyleen Woodley? Yeah? Can she sing? Or is she gonna be lip syncing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't think we know these things.
Speaker 4: Is one of these theater kids. I'm pretty sure she probably can, But they haven't said if they're gonna use her vocals for the Okay, case.
Speaker 3: In point, I don't. And again, this isn't gonna make people happy. He doesn't speak to me, and I just don't dissect his lyrics. Okay, who's that, Bob Dylan? It's not He's not my guy. Okay, it just doesn't move me the way that moves other people.
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 3: He was this again once in a generation singer and lyrically he was a genius. But do I want to see that movie?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, do I want to see five foot ten inch Timothy Shallimy play him. Yeah, we know he's five to ten because of the game yesterday. I don't care about Bob Dylan. I want to see the movie and I want to hear how the kids sings. Because he's doing the singing in that movie.
Speaker 5: You're gonna really like him.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I wasn't that impressed with Willy Wonka. I wasn't that impressing. Number One.
Speaker 3: I didn't like the movie. I didn't think Willi Wank was very good, the one with him. Loved the original Love Gene Wilder hated the Johnny Depp one.
Speaker 1: Like most people.
Speaker 3: In conversation, it was better than Johnny Depp's version, but everything is better than Johnny Depp's version. Every movie made except for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, another Johnny dep I thought it was cute.
Speaker 5: I thought it was an origin story.
Speaker 4: I thought it was one of these where his original and I think it actually did really well at the box office.
Speaker 1: I thought it was good. I just didn't think it was great, you know. And it's not hating on the on the guy. It's just this.
Speaker 3: The trailer for the Bob Dylan movie looks awesome. It looks great. So I just hope that they're able to do this Janis Joplin thing because it's been.
Speaker 1: Talked about forever. Where's the Amy Winehouse movie? Is it out?
Speaker 5: I think we.
Speaker 1: Talked about it and it was coming out. It was a big deal. We released pictures of the gal that was playing her, and where is it?
Speaker 5: Just hold on?
Speaker 4: This is a little rewind Walk was twenty twenty three's top movie at the box.
Speaker 1: Office, so it was it was a good movie. I went to the theater to go see it.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 11: But you didn't.
Speaker 5: But it didn't hit. It didn't hit for you. Okay, what was it? What were you saying about Laney Wilson?
Speaker 4: Were you saying something about Laney Wilson?
Speaker 1: Oh, where's the Amy Winehouse movie?
Speaker 5: Amy Winehouse?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's see Winehouse movie?
Speaker 4: Back to black?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're talking about the BioPen You're not talking about the movie.
Speaker 1: The movie where they had an actress playing her and she was doing the singing.
Speaker 5: Yes. May seventeenth of this year, it was theatrically released.
Speaker 1: Did we talk about I mean, we talked about it.
Speaker 6: I know we probably Okay, I forgot about it because obviously if it was that great and we talked about it.
Speaker 4: It has received mixed reviews. It's only gross fifty one million worldwide.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 5: That is big ouch.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 1: And they, you know, compared to I tried to make us watch that movie, and I said, now, compared to Janis John, they downright rushed this one. Okay. Joplin died in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get her movie.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 1: You know, so that one was maybe rushed.
Speaker 3: I want to watch the Amy Bronghouse. I want to see the Winehouse movie. Has anybody seen the Amy Winehouse movie? I don't remember getting one phone call about it.
Speaker 6: I feel like there's an elephant in the room that I have to dress. How long before we get a Corey Feldon biopic?
Speaker 5: Stop?
Speaker 1: There's no elephants in the room.
Speaker 5: That I think everybody here was taking it. I had to ask it, how long rod there is that No one cares about that.
Speaker 1: There's not even a four legged animal in the room asking that question. Aphant, there's one dumb dumb that's asking that question.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't watch the Corey Feldon biopic.
Speaker 3: There was no there was some two Corey's thing. They made that wasn't a didn't they have like actors play them? Or was it just a documentary?
Speaker 5: Here, it's just a documentary about like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, him in the Cory dumb Let's give away some time.
Speaker 5: Watch it. They don't watch it, you can watch it. It was really twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Corey felt bio biopicky dummy.
Speaker 5: He needs one.
Speaker 1: What do you got for tickets? Man?
Speaker 4: Okay, let me let me focus. I got pit tickets to see Creed three doors one figure eleven this Saturday, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 3: You know now that you mentioned it, I'm standing in the pit watching Corey Feldman.
Speaker 1: I don't remember you being there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a child. I can't get away. Wow, you're not going to teach her to like the field?
Speaker 1: Do you have a kid? What's that like?
Speaker 5: Your kid? You couldn't take London when she was that little dude.
Speaker 4: Get London to babysit El Prodi salts much Sally Mexicans do it.
Speaker 1: Pit tickets for Creed call her ten seven one three.
Speaker 11: Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: For find the Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. A lot of people call in the radio station right now. That's good. Good to know a few of you are out there listening. Thank you? Hello, excuse me?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 13: How you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Just what's your name? Chris? What can I do? What can I do for you today?
Speaker 7: Chris?
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm just wondering about the Creed triket.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, it's just sold out show, dude, sold out? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, I did just hear some news today.
Speaker 11: You did.
Speaker 5: Seems his life he's going to change.
Speaker 1: Oh god, why do I listen to you? Your caller number ten? Se right, Chris, it is.
Speaker 3: It is sold out, but we tucked away a few tickets and they happen to be pit tickets for the show on Saturday. It's Creed three doors down in Finger eleven. Dude, do not sleep on Finger eleven. Get in there early to see them. You will recognize four songs. You will recognize at least four songs.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I will do. Thank y'all so much. Oh, where's Chris going?
Speaker 5: Anywhere it is going?
Speaker 1: Where's Chris?
Speaker 5: I can tell you there is?
Speaker 2: You would we all?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're not all in it, but Chris is in the pit.
Speaker 3: All we gave away pit tickets to Rob Zombie el s Cooper too earlier Homeroom got those tickets.
Speaker 5: Everyone has a pit in their stomach when they don't wing Yeah.
Speaker 1: Online, Kid's alex online. Nine five the muzz Okay, what you got?
Speaker 5: Today's a well is called unreal meals.
Speaker 6: And it is called that because all of the meals you will look at photos of are not real.
Speaker 5: What are all AI generated photos of meals? Great?
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you're bringing this in. You are super anti raise awareness. This is terrifying, So we don't give into AI. We'll look at this and made this could be way worse. It's just food.
Speaker 5: Now what next?
Speaker 1: We Instagram features?
Speaker 5: There, you got done. It's been done before.
Speaker 1: Not a day comes in.
Speaker 3: Now that there's an Instagram picture, Bro, that's aim shot. Uppit's not not all of them are AI. There's still a couple of real, live girls on the internet.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just think they are now I don't believe anything.
Speaker 1: So all this food is AI.
Speaker 6: Then you can go look at some American AI food, Asian AI food, Brazilian AI food, Indian AI food, all the kinds of AI foods you could ever imagine they've got and then you click back to American Food again and it's got a whole brand new schmorgasboard of AI made meals.
Speaker 3: Our chicken fingers featured because I found that AI has a problem with hands.
Speaker 6: Those will be fingers, not hands necessarily. Yeah, no, I don't see any hands, and so they've avoided the hands. Just pictures of the food. But then check it out Unreal Meals at the worlds as rod Ryan Show buzz dot.
Speaker 11: Com, The rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 1: The Buzz.
Speaker 5: Buzz.
Speaker 1: I don't know why we got shaft. They're in Arlington tonight and that's the Pumpkins. The Pumpkins playing with Green Day. It's a huge shown that we weren't on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I remember the concert announcement. I think we even gave away tickets to Arlington. Yeah, Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 1: What a huge show. They totally skipped by us. They were taking Paris out on some dates. And you know what else, I know Alex liked this.
Speaker 3: I believe big Baldy hands selected Glorious Suns are on a bunch of their dates, really and they were hands selected by him to open up Man I know your big glorious suns man, I'm a huge glorious suns.
Speaker 1: God leave that guy's a songwriter, huh. I wonder if he got to sit down with Big Balding do some songwriting.
Speaker 11: He had a song.
Speaker 1: He writes a song a day.
Speaker 6: He says he doesn't always put it out, but he puts together a song to day. He was doing that during the pandemic and posting videos at it. But he said just personally, he tries to write a.
Speaker 5: Song every single day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, glorious song crazy feat if you think about that, like, they've just got millions of songs that they could just go to if they needed to.
Speaker 1: Kingston, Ontario, glorious sums your home country.
Speaker 5: It's not my home country, normal countrymen.
Speaker 1: Well listen, guys.
Speaker 3: One last thing to get to twenty days celebrating twenty years two hundred dollars a gift card every day for twenty days from Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you hooked up with that. On No the Show today, I kind of threw it out there, of course.
Speaker 3: Nine to eleven today, take some time, do what you do on this day. It's make your bed day. I asked test if she made her bed today. She said no, but there was it was occupied. I imagine your chicks in the bed. You don't have to you get out, You get out of making the bed if you get up first.
Speaker 5: That's right, Like, finally have we found the one perk waking up this earth?
Speaker 6: Can I say I make I make the bed if the bet is made when I get home and I didn't have to make it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think you.
Speaker 2: Can take that.
Speaker 5: It's literally the opposite of making what is hers is mind. I don't know if their accomplishment are also now my accomplishments.
Speaker 1: Do you remember legally?
Speaker 3: Do you remember there was a guy that was giving a commencement speech and he was a US Navy admiral, and you got to try to you know, all these commencement speeches, some of them, you know, sometimes they kind of blend together.
Speaker 1: They all sound the same. Go out and make your mark, and go out and you know, win the day, seize the day.
Speaker 3: You know, these kids are all gonna be pay m Yeah, these kids are all gonna be like doing keg stands in about an hour. And I thought his approach was good because this admiral, I got his name right here, William mcgraven US Navy Admiral. He said, if you want to change the world, you can start off by making your bed.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this.
Speaker 5: This is one of my favorite speeches ever.
Speaker 1: You got you got a clip of this? Yeah, we don't have the whole thing because he talked for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 15: If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed. If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 15: It will give you a small sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task, and another and another, and by the end of the day that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed. Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that the little things in life matter. If you can't do the little things right, you'll never be able to do the big things right.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, pretty good, great point. The whole speech is awesome. It might be one of the best commencement speeches ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he talks about how you know, you graduated and you're on top of the world, and you know you're gonna go out there and have some pretty crappy days and at least when you get home, your bed'll be made by there you go, and then you can try again tomorrow and make your damn bed every day.
Speaker 1: Not listen, I know it didn't happen this morning. When was the last time Chili made a bed?
Speaker 11: If ever?
Speaker 4: Why do we do this exercise?
Speaker 5: His mom?
Speaker 1: Has he ever? Okay? So maybe he did it when he was a little kid, little Nina. When was the last time, ken Chili?
Speaker 3: Yeah, after Chilito had left the building? When was the last time Chili made a bed?
Speaker 1: Is it six years?
Speaker 5: It's warm, it's ten years.
Speaker 1: Chili is not made Look at he doesn't know. Chili doesn't know what a fitted sheet is. He doesn't know.
Speaker 5: That's just there. It's just want to let him talk. Okay, let's see what he has to say. Bring him on, all right, So you got one the truth always ten years?
Speaker 1: All of y'all are you did not make your bed this harm?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Wow? Way to go, Chili, us Navy Admerald.
Speaker 4: I'm not judged.
Speaker 1: You pulled the sheets over. No, I'm not talking some half assed I just kind of like I did. You made it not look like a crime scene.
Speaker 14: I'm talking about I accomplished the first test with many texts.
Speaker 4: He did it with pride.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're having a great day. You were so good today. You were so great out there at that at that ticket blowout. Don't lie to me. You did not make your bed this morning. I consider that making the beate What getting out of the bed is not making the bag?
Speaker 2: Pulling over?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of making the bed. No, listen, you two aren't even getting a long right, we're back.
Speaker 4: Page super bad.
Speaker 1: Can you do you forget? Did you forget that Alex made you post all of those listeners? Six paces the water under the bridge? I got a shirt, Chili. I'm talking about straightening it out. I'm talking about the sheets nice and neat, then the blanket, then the then the comforter, and then propping up the pillows and putting them up. When was the last time you made the bet? It's double digits, like your twins said, yeah, I spend the night at your house.
Speaker 5: Do you make the better of the people's house? Yeah, it's like you trying to be like I'm a good person. Never in mind here in my own like, yeah, not my environment.
Speaker 4: I'll be good.
Speaker 5: I do that when I if I stay at somebody's house.
Speaker 1: I'll do that, all right. Thank you, Chilly, thank you you well, big day for Chili today. You got any more tricks up your sleeve? For these? Uh rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets?
Speaker 14: Hey, if it was up to me, every day would be a day of giving the community giving.
Speaker 1: He wants to get out of the office every day. I don't know, man, we might have something. I don't know. Maybe I'll do the next ticket ahead. Oh, I'll get out there. You wouldn't know what to do, buddy. You you're not You're not a man of the streets like I am. Oh God, what are all these cars doing here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are thank here for me? Yuck?
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Shows D.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's break he Benjamin and Red Cold River rod Ryan Show. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: Got one last segment to get to. I did want to mention because I haven't been doing it enough. Is the rod Ryan Show booms Rock Golf Tournament. Boobs Rock Golf Tournament. We have a Boo Rock Car show that also we need more vehicles to enter into that Boom Rock Car Show. Chile has all this on LinkedIn guests today. When it comes to the golf tournament, I need more sponsors. I got Admiral Transfer and Rigging In as our title sponsor, thank you very much, carbock In as the official beer. Liquid Death is our official water, Thank you, Big Mike. And then we are sold out on the golfers. But we've got what we call a role sponsor from Brent over at XSIV Technologies.
Speaker 1: We got Keith at Rooster's Bar and Grill who came in.
Speaker 3: We got Jordan from Formative Structures fourth Big Year in as a sponsor. Let's we already sold it out, which is great, but I need more. I need more sponsorships. I need more people to maybe set up a ten and activate out at a hole and come out and just chill with us, okay, And there's every level of sponsorship available. You've got a business out there, you want to promote your business.
Speaker 1: This is a great way to do that.
Speaker 3: The tournament is October fifteenth. We're gonna be at Wildcat Golf Club. If you have any questions, you can email me directly, but we have a link up for this and right there all the sponsorship levels and everything.
Speaker 1: If you want to get involved, you know, try to tuck your boss into it. That would be cool.
Speaker 3: I get emails like that, like, hey, give you that information. I'm going to run that by my boss. Today we get a meeting, Yeah, run it by your boss.
Speaker 1: Plus it'll just take up.
Speaker 3: Time of the meeting. Yeah, it'll take up time in the meeting. You know, so that your boss doesn't you know, charts and graphs. You'll be talking about the golf tournament during your meeting.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about what we have left over here for on know the show.
Speaker 4: So there is a two hundred dollars Academy gift card which is celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show in Houston. I gotta come up with bastrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will have a question for you on the other side of this short break. Please stay with us.
Speaker 11: Great price rock and alternative very used to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Morning Show six to ten am Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Get ready to wrap up this version of wild Card Wednesday, our friends over acad Academy, Sports and outdoors.
Speaker 1: Just awesome, awesome twenty days.
Speaker 3: Celebrating twenty years a two hundred dollars gift card. It's only day three guys, we're doing this for four weeks, two hundred dollars gift card on the chopping block. Who wouldn't want that? What's your question going to be?
Speaker 5: Someone just has to tell me what Campbell Soup is doing. It's a pretty big move.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 8: If you know the show, smartphones, laptops, smart TVs, tablus, this is your sound sound whatever way you listen, we are there. Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five The Buzz on IHEARTRADIOW.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz. Good Morning Ryan Show. Wrapping up this.
Speaker 3: Wild card Wednesday, thirty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, highs up around eighty six.
Speaker 1: Let's go. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 16: Glad La la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone, Good morning? Try that again? Wait a minute, Hello, Hey, this is Gabby. Hi Gabby, how are you today? Oh my god, I'm You're so good there.
Speaker 3: Okay boy, I'm glad, we I'm glad we connected. I thought you weren't gonna you weren't hearing me? All right, welcome to know the show, Gabby. Tessa has a question for you. It's a great prize today. Just listen to her. Please get this right, TESTA.
Speaker 5: Take it away, Gabby, what is Campbell's Soup doing?
Speaker 4: They are stopping soup from the name and closing their organ store or loca.
Speaker 1: I think all of that is right. I know they're dropping the sound so they just want to be the Campbell's company. Yeah, I didn't know. They owned my favorite pretzels, those Snyder's Pretzels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are my favorite. They're better than the dots. I burned out in the dots, I think.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm on the dots.
Speaker 3: They own Kettle Potato Chips, Paste sALS, Kettle Ones, Prego, they own Pepperidge Farm, and of course they own Goldfish Crackers, which they expect goldfish Snacks to become their largest brand by twenty twenty seven thanks to my kid and then soon to be Alex's kidd eating those goldfish Gabby, you're the winner today.
Speaker 7: You take it off though, you just want.
Speaker 1: To know the show. What are you giving her?
Speaker 4: You get the two hundred dollars Academy gift card congratulations.
Speaker 1: Great job today, great job today, Gabby, awesome. All right, where are you from.
Speaker 3: I'm from Houston, Texas.
Speaker 5: All these areas so awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, well listen, thanks for being on the show today. Thank you for listening to the show today.
Speaker 1: You're awesome. All right.
Speaker 13: No no no no no no no no no noes.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff Will Be podcast
Speaker 15: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.