Speaker 1: It is eight forty seven I fifty five Krsit talks station of course, election that was yesterday, even though nobody showed up. City of Cincinnati's got a population of a little north of three hundred thousand people and only about twenty one thousand people even got up to vote. That's kind of disturbing. Welcome back to the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. Came in number two. He's in a runoff with aftab par Ball. Corey Bowman, Good to have you back on the show.
Speaker 2: Good more and Brian, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine. I'm just a little I obviously was hoping for better numbers for you, and it's an odd thing. I'm sure you saw the article in the Cincinni Inquire or Hyde Park. They actually had more than ten percent show up. They had fifteen percent, and they interviewed one lady who said, even though she's pissed off at aftab par Ball in council, she still voted for him against her best interest. She just will not vote for a Republican period. End of story. I don't understand that. It's you know, the city's been running to the ground last forty years. What are the Democrats actually done for the people of the city of Cincinnati, generally speaking, and they keep going back to the wall. It's the definition is stupid doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Corey, your reaction to the outcome, and I suppose you can hit the ground running with the with the campaign between now and November.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, first I want to know, thank every single person that actually did get out and vote. You know, I know a lot of times we're going to focus on who didn't show up, but let's focus on the people that did show up and got out and voted for the first Republican nominees that's hit the city in the last fifteen sixteen years. And so I see that as accomplishment in itself. And yeah, it might have been a low turnout about ten percent, but ever since we first started this, you know, we had about two and a half weeks to get over five hundred signatures to get on the ballot. I look as we had about two and a half months to get the votes that we got, and so that's giving us an opportunity the next seven months to hit the ground running to advance in this stent.
Speaker 1: Well, and I wish you all the best as you do that. I guess you have a You're going to have a lot of outreach to do. Do you plan on going to all the neighborhoods in the city of Cincinnati between now November?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you have to. Yeah, we are. Our job the next seven months is we've been put in a position to be able to convince people that we're the right candidate for mayor of Cincinnati, and so over the course of the last two and a half months, we've been able to reach certain amounts of people, and we've been able to do the best with what we have, and I'm very happy with what we've been able to accomplish. But like many people text me this morning, like I've texted many other people, the work has just started. And so we hit the ground running starting today all the way to November, and we're excited.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you are. Given the lopsided nature of the vote, I guess pur of all got eighty three percent. You came in at thirteen. A lot of people might have said they had the wind taken out of their sales, but I still have to go back to the number of voters that showed up. I mean, twenty one thousand people determined the destiny of the city the Cincinnati, at least in terms of who the candidates are. You worry about that in the fall, like getting people off the couch and getting them out to vote. There's nothing doesn't There's a lot of criticism loving against the Hamilton County Republican Party generally speaking, I'd like to think that they would really engage in an effort to get people out to the polls in the city. I know they view that, you know, it's like bring the flag out, we're all done in the city. But there's a lot of work and a lot of effort that they could step up with the plate and provide you before we get to November in the election day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that we're going to see that. You know, like I said, we haven't had a nominee in over fifteen years, and I believe that not only is this important, but over the course of the summer and fall, we have to put strong people forward to run for council as well. And so this is a very big ship that we're going to turn on a very small rudder, and so every step of the way matters. Every vote counts every single poll worker that I saw yesterday. Those are vital to the election process, and we're very thankful for every everything that has happened so far. But yeah, what if I would talk to any Republican in the city, if I would talk to anybody night, even Republican, but anybody that's just fed up with the city. Next seven months, we're not going to be running on a candidate. We're going to be running on city issues. And I think that's what's going to turn people out the vote. Is if we can convince people and get people to know where we stand on these vital issues for our city and know that we're going to have policies, we're going to have actions from day one in place that are going to benefit the citizens of our city. Well, then we're going to turn out more vote in November.
Speaker 1: And I know Corey where you are on the issues, and they're all just very grounded in common sense, logic and reason. You know, efforts that will benefit all of the residents in all of the communities. There's really nothing divisive about your message. This isn't like you know, something like abortion, like oh my god, that you know, the the polar opposite sides of the equation. You got your pro livers and you've got your pro abortion folks. You're never going to reconcile those and divisive issue nothing. What you have run on talked about what you want to accomplish for the city is like even I would argue political.
Speaker 3: No, well, I think that what we got to do, because you can't see this at like let's say, if we're speaking on who got the most votes yesterday, well you if you actually have a heart for the city and local government, you can't see that as a definite win when only ten percent of voters showed up. And so what we have to see it as is we have to give the ninety percent of voters that didn't show up today yesterday, We've got to give them a reason to get out in November. And that's what we're going to be working our rear ends off the next seven months to show people on these issues that it's going to be worth getting out the vote, to letting them know what the dates are, letting them know where the polling locations are. But then honestly too is having those interactions with people to let them know that we're the right candidate for the job, and so I haven't lost any hope. I know that there's a lot of people that might have the win down of their sales, but if anybody's listened to me, I'm telling you, we are more motivated than ever before.
Speaker 2: And this was just a next step. Like I said, we had two and a half weeks to get five hundred signatures.
Speaker 3: We got them.
Speaker 2: We had two and a half months to go in second place to be able to get on the bout in November.
Speaker 3: We got it.
Speaker 2: And so every step of the way, we're going to see milestone after milestone every month, and we're going to fight this thing to be able to see a great turnout in November.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your optimism and enthusiasm, getting people ginned up and not throwing the towel. That's what it's all about. Corey Bowman, you find him online at Corey Bowman dot com. And Corey, you know I'm going to have you on the fifty five Carsey Morning Show quite a bit between now and the and November. And you think I have to have provoll is going to ask for equal time?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're a likable guy who wouldn't want to be on your show.
Speaker 1: Well, someone who's armed with information from citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer. Yeah, having to be accountable for some of these the problems that have been uncovered by the stones that Todd Zenzer's overturned along the over overtime, Corey Bowman, it's been great having you on. Congratulations. I'm happy as I can be that you came in at least second and that you'll be fighting. I have to have perv all in November, and I appreciate what you're trying to accomplish on behalf of the city of Cincinnati. So best of luck between now and then, and I'll look forward to having you back on the show real soon.
Speaker 2: Brian, sincerely, thank you so much for having me on the show. Thank you to all your listeners, and stay in touch on Corey Bowman dot com. This is going to be an awesome summer and fallow to see the voters come out.
Speaker 1: Yep, get a yard time, get a T shirt, support the campaign, maybe do some door knocking for Corey. Corey, takecare brother, have a wonderful, wonderful week and eight our week as well. Fifty five five K see talk station Big Picture with Jack Allen and the brilliance of Jack Allenen cannot be understanding overstated. Rather a century of Hollywood politics. Man, I just I'd love that. And if you didn't get a chance to listen to him, you've got to check out the podcast A Big Picture with Jack Alden, Donald and New Yormericans for a Prospect already is the tip of the iceberg on the need to renew the tax Trump tax cuts is going to be doing events with Americans for Prosperity promoting that and you can help out. We'll learn in the future on how to do that. Steve Belzo's number County Veterans Services on the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day, substantial difference. With Memorial Lay coming up, he talked about some of the events are coming up and the profound difference between those two. Shane Jenkins, former January sixth defendant, on his website Stand the Gap and the Real Jay six What a story he has to tell Judge Ennana Politano in the Fourth Amendment Holes in the Constitution. All fty five k SE dot com tune into Marrow for iHeart Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe hope to see you at lunch today Saunder Breweries, Westchester location. It's going to be a good time and chance for you to meet my better half. She's going to show up at lunch today first time and I can't remember how long, so hoping to see you there as well. Joe Stracker, executive is sir. Thank you for doing everything you do for the program. Without you, we wouldn't have a program. Have a great day, folks, don't go away. Glennbeck is next kid. Thanks to everything your mother has done for you, because we each have the best mom the world.
Speaker 2: Mom, I love you, I miss you.
Speaker 3: Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station this report is