Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Welcome to Games Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from GiantBomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about what feels like the fiftieth game this year to launch the glowing reviews.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Good one because we have John Sick Mechanico Clark on the show.
Speaker 2: John, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing very well, mister Grub, And thank you for pronouncing the ridiculous game attack correctly. I get a rare talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one I've heard set out loud so I can remember that one. Uh, John, Yeah, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good, mate, I'm doing good, you know, embracing my midlife crisis, dyeing my hair ridiculous colors.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have to at some point.
Speaker 3: Desperately to my ever fading youth. But as you rightly say, playing just twenty twenty six, well, I thought twenty twenty five was like rivaling two thousand and seven is one of the best years of video game life for video games. And don't get me wrong, like, let's put opinion all the terrible things that are happening in this industry, but in terms of like the games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the people that are sticking around making the games are really talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good lord, we are drowning in excellent video games.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is going from one great game to the next. It's kind of how it's been for me, and not complaining on that side of things.
Speaker 2: I just wish that more developers got to do that. So yeah, I mean, and.
Speaker 1: It's working like it seems like all these games, a lot of these games are finding their audience and uh yeah, it's been pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk.
Speaker 1: About some good games here in a second. In fact, let's get into the show and let's explain what we do here. I'm Jeff Grubb. This is Giant Bomb. You can go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member.
Speaker 2: If you do so, you.
Speaker 1: Get access to a bunch of cool stuff. You get premium exclusive shows. You get early access to shows that go on premium first and then go public later. You get ad free versions of all of our programs. But most you get the satisfaction of supporting independent games media. We're out here doing this thing. We want to keep doing it our way. You can help make that possible, and we really are appreciative to everyone who has helped us do that. And if you're on the side because you can't afford it or whatever reason, we get it, tell a friend, hang out here, make the make the community cooler just by having your presence be a part of it. We really appreciate that as well. As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Greb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant.
Speaker 2: Bomb dot com.
Speaker 1: You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with Mina the hollower reviews. They're in after a long wait for this game, and it's yeah, just critical ravings mostly across the board, with some notable exceptions, but at a ninety two one open critic. Last time I checked, I expected to hover around there. I don't think it's going to like have some massive dip. But we've seen a lot of games recently John like launched to like ninety two and then kind of drop around ninety eighty nine, So yeah, it could.
Speaker 2: Happen here as well. But lots of like perfect scores or whatever.
Speaker 1: However you want to phrase that ten out of ten from Samuel Claiborne at IgM, who said many, yes, right, like, yeah, they are pretty stingy with those. And here's another one from Samuel Claiborne who says, Mina the Hollower will burrow into your brain and set up a cozy little house there. I couldn't let it go. Clues to unsolved puzzles popped into my brain before bed. A corner high out of reach that I never set foot on beckons me every time I pass it on my way to the shops in Ossex. The math tells me maxing out my attack power would just take one really good grinding spot and then I could beat that secret boss that destroyed me. Mina achieves the same heights both both action and style as.
Speaker 2: The game, the studio's predecessor.
Speaker 1: In terms of Shovel Night got five stars from Joshua Robertson at The Gamer. The Hollower is an almost faultless game that combines the elements of nostalgic classics we know in love with a healthy dose of Yacht Club's flare and expertise to make it something that truly stands out as a retro inspired masterpiece. I could honestly play it forever, with Yacht Club proving that it's not just a one game studio with yet another bona fide classic. I Meanwhile, Mike Manadi here at Giant Bomb gave it three and a half stars. He said, somehow the Dark Soul's influences keep Mina from being the best Zelda style game it could be, while the Zelda mechanics prevented from reaching.
Speaker 2: The heights of the best Souls likes. I've been playing it, John, and I'm definitely somewhere.
Speaker 1: In between all this. Actually, I'm like, yeah, this is a pretty good game. It's something about it. Early on, at least I've not played a ton has not been sticking with me. I've definitely been happy to like go over to Bond, which we'll talk about here in a second. But I could see why so many people are very into it, and I was a little surprised to be like, oh man, there sounds like there's so much more in terms of the depth of what's going on in the gameplay, in the world, just a ton of screens to explore.
Speaker 2: It seems substantial. What do you make of all this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's an interesting one because I'm surprised to see it score so highly because Jesse, our reviews lead, has been playing it and is like, this game is punishingly difficult, and that can often create a kind of you know, a skill gap, if we want to use that phrase, where some people will just bounce off it. Like I'm probably going to be one of those people, right, this probably is not a me game to dive into. But he absolutely loved it, you know, he didn't give it.
Speaker 2: The full top marks or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he said it was, you know, channels the vibes of all the best old school games, but brings some modern sensibilities along for the ride, with smartly paced exploration and tight gameplay. A difficult but rewarding experience. At just twenty dollars, it's well worth well.
Speaker 1: Worth, right, Yeah, yeah, do you remember that I'm a I'm a huge Links Awakening fan, and so when I saw this and it was like, Oh, that looks a lot like that's what they're going for. And yeah, and it's you know, in terms of some of the elements of the game, it is definitely a Zelda, but they are there's so many other elements in here you can't just put it in any one jar. And I do think that like that. I was like, oh, yeah, what Mike got there is kind of the sense I got early on, which is, you know, the jack of all trades, master of none or whatever. But uh does sound like it for some people they got over that hump and it was like, oh, it becomes this cohesive experience kind of doing its own thing.
Speaker 2: Uh. But I do.
Speaker 1: I do think there like there will be a hump there and that will be both difficulty as you pointed out, and then just kind of grasping all like the way all the very specific mechanics work. For example, the Estes flasks in this game, the recovery mechanic is not just you know, you drink your Estus flask and you get your life back like in Dark Souls or Bloodborne or something like that. You have to an attack an enemy to like get potential health back, and then when you take a drink that fills up. And it's like, so if you get attacked by something else in between taking that drink, which you know you're vulnerable during, you're gonna lose more health as well as that potential health. It's like, Okay, that's that's pretty complicated. That's a little bit more more sort of again in depth than I would have what was expecting, and I think a lot of players will be expecting, so I think it'll take time for newcomers to sort of grasp that sort of thing. But it does sound like people will find something they'll find some like purchase here.
Speaker 3: I think as well, like just seeing like and this is the great thing about video games nowadays, right is you get you know, you get big triple A extravagances like Bond, which we'll talk about in a bit, but you still get these love letters to the past that bring along the modern kind of more modern game design do things that frankly like systems back in the old days could never do and yet are still just as fantastic in just completely different ways. And I love that there are so many different like avenues for people to just enjoy this hobby across a myriad of different genres without stressing too much, and like to see studios continue to find success in so much variety is just like you know, and yeah, like we said at the beginning, this whole industry is going through like a rough time for like the last feels like half a decade now, but I still see stuff like this and I'm just like, I'm so glad it exists, even if it's not for me. I'm just so glad that it's out and it's getting the kind of reaction that it's getting from players. It's good to see.
Speaker 1: I was playing on steam Deck. If anyone's wondering while it's on there, of course it would be this. You know, they're not trying to go for realistic graphics or anything. It's a throwback style. But yeah, it was very comfortable to play on the steam Deck, which you know, to me at this point means any of the other handhelds anyone's using are all more powerful than that at this point. So that's kind of your green light there that, yeah, you're going to be able to play that handheld no issue. Mike did play on switch to he waited for a switch code. I don't think there were a ton of switch reviews. Maybe there were more after I looked this morning, and I think he had no issues as well.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about the game. You and I have been playing. Double O seven First Light reviews also came in. I know we talked about on the BombCast yesterday yesterday everybody, but we've not talked about it on this show yet. Got an eighty eight on Open Critic. This is another one that did actually open in the low nineties. It's kind of dipped down a little bit. I think it's probably going to settle in right around here, which is shocking to me. John just couldn't believe how good this game was. Five stars from Jordan Midler over at VGC. Double O seven First Light might just be the best James Bond game ever. The way IOI has translated the Bond fantasy into a fourteen hour, globe trotting epic is masterful. It's a game full of spectacle, humor, action, and romance. Everything James Bond should be. New Bond owners, Amazon must in sure this franchise continues. Eight out of ten from Mark Delaney at GameSpot, who says Double O seven first light wisely repurposes what works in both universes. I believe that is James Bond and hit Man, but isn't afraid to reimagine or ditch those parts that don't. I definitely agree with that. I think it's kind of one of the amazing things that did happen here. Then a nine out of ten from Jean Clark at Day one. With a great cast of characters, tons of imagination, and just the right amount of player agency and replayability, there is a delightful playground full of gadget gadgetry and spycraft the players will want to return to again and again. A confident return for the Double O program. And sorry, Golden Eye, this is, without a doubt, the best James James Bond game ever made.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. This is a yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's this is this is it they figured. It really feels like they cracked the nut here. They got this one sort of onlock in a way that my expectation for this game, John was we'd go into it and be like, oh, I can see I could see what they're going for. They're getting really close with this. You know, it's hard to make games. They had to like figure out the first stuff, and they came out with a really awesome seven out of ten that I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna be telling people go play it. You should be playing it.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, no, no, no, they skipped that part, and they're like they made what felt what feels like would have been the sequel. It's like, oh, everything really came together, because everything really comes together here, and I do think it all traces back to they used everything they learned from Hitman, but not as like an anchor, a thing that was weighing them down, like this is the way we did in hit Man, So we just got to find a way to make that make sense for James Bond. It's like, no, if it didn't make sense or it needed to change or it needed to be improved, like the combat, they did the hard work to make the combat fun in a James Bond way like that. When they deviated from Hitman, their answer was always what makes it more James Bond. And the result here just is so obvious, like from the first minute you pick up the controller, but then it just continues and gets better and better.
Speaker 2: How'd you find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a funny one. And it's like, there's so much to unpack about this because, like from a pure game perspective, when I first started playing, you know, initially I was a bit worried. I was like, oh, you know, I'm squeezing through small gaps, I'm learning how to hide in long grass, hanging from lunches.
Speaker 1: If you glance at this game, like for a second, I think, yeah, oh, this combat looks like the block block punch, block block punch, And it's like, yeah, it doesn't feel that way when you're playing, but from a glance, it looks like triple A slap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like I've played this before, you know. And so that first like forty five minutes. But then because it's an origin story, you're you're not you're not a trained agent, you're a Navy m and you're twenty six years young, and uh, it just escalates and iowa, I did this fantastic job. Where yes, it will interrupt you all the time with cut scenes and it'll throw the odd QT in Triple A style at you to keep the pace up. But like you said, they do the smart things. They pull all these learnings from Hitman and World of Assassination is such an incredible experience, Like, and they just kept adding to it and adding to it, adding to it. And here, you know, I've seen people criticize, oh, you can't hide the bodies, but the point his Bond probably wouldn't. This is about ace, This is about getting the job done. And as you play through, like I fell in love with Patrick Gibson's performances Bond. He doesn't emulate anybody else. He doesn't do like a pass off of like your favorite Bond or whatever. He is his own man, and just all of the characters are great. The plot is suitably a bit silly in all the way Bond should be, but also very modern and grounded and kind of throws away all the Cold War trappings of the original character. It just is such a surprise And the only reason it didn't get like the top top marks from me was the overall I feel it was almost too streamlined, Like I feel like they you know, they removed they did mostly the right things, but there are moments where I was like, the stealth is too easy.
Speaker 1: The garden, like, the garden need to be there, absolutely need to be there because like, yeah, they cannot have you kind of getting off the beaten path and getting wacky in a way that doesn't feel like James Bond.
Speaker 2: So they put the.
Speaker 4: Yard the what's the root Skoldberg machine where you're just like in a cause it's not like that, and the combat like you're absolutely right, like what an elevation comparative to hit Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there were moments where I was like, I'm forty two. I'm not I haven't got the pace and the skills of my young twenty year old version, right and I'm doing things in double O seven and I was like, I am a badass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this.
Speaker 3: Like expertly tuned to make me feel like a bad ass.
Speaker 1: And it's just the animation, I really do. I think it's like it's so context aware of like where the character is that you're pressing the button to, like you know, I'm just trying to like survive this encounter and do this attack, and the attack kind of immediately naturally and fluidly goes into slamming a guy's head into a wall, and then everything doesn't like break or get jinky and be like oh, he's kind of like inter I think with the wall weird and then falling down and the characters backing up and not really animated, no, with all animates perfectly. So it just looks so slick and smooth. I'm just I'm into what it's doing.
Speaker 3: It's funny as well, because like I know that there was a lot of discussion, you know, and I'm sure I don't know if you guys experienced this, but like I didn't get code for this until the friday evening before in the UK, a bank holiday weekend for the US, a Memorial Day weekend, right, so I.
Speaker 2: Think we got it.
Speaker 1: I think we got it a Friday morning or Thursday night or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it was it was like, oh okay, right, and they were you know, they were like, hey, you know, it could be eighteen to twenty hours. And I'm like, anytime a PR company tells me that, I'm like, yeah, all right, half that, you know, like I can play video games, but this is not a short game. They really have thrown everything at this to throw plot twists at you, surprising, downtime, plot development, you know, exposition. It is just ioh, I did it. They pulled it off. Forget forget all the silly. Oh, it's woke. There's a woman in charge, like clean.
Speaker 1: There's some impressive brains happening over on twitterli who was joking, But there's a lot of people who are not. I can't believe a disaster because he's listening to Moneypenny at the beginning of the.
Speaker 2: Game or whatever. Oh honey, it seems fine. Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny. But the crazy thing was and like this is just pure anecdotal, like because of the pace of the review and having to get it all done, was like okay, and I recorded something glorious, like eleven hours of footage and I did so much badass stuff. I was like amazing. I felt like a god. I kind of stopped putting the video review together and my obs had messed up and captured like instead of the full screen and captured like a quarter and I was like no. Then I went to go play replacing bits and capture some new footage, and a new update had come out on Steam and the game was busted, like it was broken. It was hitching every five seconds. It was unplayable. Anytime I headshot everything, all the frames dropped. I was like, what is going on? I was disabling overlays and things, so I ended up finding a direct email because the PR company was obviously offline. It was a long weekend for IOI, and they were paying attention. I was like, no, your game's broken, and they were like, thank you because you said just some clips. So I quickly sent them some clips. Six hours later they pushed a patch fixed everything, so they were they were, you know, with this came in hot, and that's often a sign of like, oh, it's going to be a rough.
Speaker 2: Ride it all the days, but I think you are. You're more often than that you're rating.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was. It was a close cool but so stunned with how good it is. And I really I think they've done an amazing job. But I they you know, spoiler alert, it's not really a spoiler. This isn't a plot related spoiler, but they are openly saying James Bond will return at the end of the game. So yeah, I would want to see please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I like, I feel this very similar to how I felt out for Indiana Jones. I hope we at least get one more of these, just yes, please, I mean one more?
Speaker 2: Do it? Take it?
Speaker 1: You know, go in a different direction in terms of setting, but you don't have to do much more than that. I'm sure they have a million things they want to refine that. This is one thing I would love to see what's on the cutting room floor for this game, because it is so streamlined, not just in terms of those guardrails of like keeping you from doing silly stuff in the open world parts, the open zone parts, but just in terms of the pacing where it's like you'll go into a scene and they'll be like, there's one line of dialogue maybe, and then they cut straight to the beginning of the next next action sequence, and I bet there was so much more back and forth between the characters and that last scene, and they're like, why do we need this, Like it's James Bond.
Speaker 2: Cut to the chase, literally, that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: Cutting to the j sequence and they do that over and over and I'm like, I bet there was a time when this game was a lot more bloated, and for them to have the discipline to edit all that stuff out to make the best version of this game, it's admirable.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Did you miss around with the tactical simulation stuff at all? The sort of missions. Look at our missions, yeah.
Speaker 3: And they're bringing more to that, you know. And I look at the support that we've had for Hitman World of Assassination, like okay, but yeah, the taxing stuff. You've got challenges in there that have you replace different levels and do different things like I did the laundry room from the Grand kop Heathian Hotel level but no guns, so it was just fisticuffs and that was a challenge because they had guns. But like, the combat system is surprisingly deep, and I think people that, like you said, they might glance it and think it's very arkham and simple, but you have a lot of player freedom and expression to dotly crazy things with the environment. And one of my favorite touches is just seeing stuff and being able to sweep it off of the worktop into someone's face. There's an iron, you know, and then after days and you can like do something. It's just it feels really really good to play. And I would wholeheighly recommend this to anybody that has a passing interest in especially you mentioned Indiana Jones. If you enjoyed that kind of in this open world and I can fool around, it is very much refined.
Speaker 2: I beincues this.
Speaker 1: It's ant even a refined version of that idea. And I really liked Indiana Jones. Yeah, the text and stuff gets me ex because it's a yeah. If anything, this game made me realize, Oh, they really understand their own tools and their own ability to like craft content. And they were already like being like, oh, here's some like teases of like what's coming up in the tactical simulation the VR missions. Oh yeah, they could just like take this James Bond character and get silly over here, and like they could do a moon Raker sort of thing and be like, hey, why not put James Bond on this James Bond on the moon for one of these missions that is all like we're telling you in fiction is just a simulation, so it doesn't matter. So oh yeah, they could do all that stuff. And I hope, I hope that like can can thrive a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want it to be like thrive so much of the like it's a distraction from them doing that stuff with the next Hitman years down the line, but some of that stuff to have fun with this James Bond character, I would welcome it. Because I did have such a good time playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: It's double seven, First Light and Men of the Hollower reviews. Let's get to some of the headlines here now. The Witcher three Wild Hunt Songs of the Past announced. This is from CD Project's blog. CD Project Red announced today that a third expansion to the Witcher three Wild Hunt, one of the most critically acclaimed and best selling role playing games of all time, is coming next year. Songs of the Past is the third expansion coming to the Witcher three. It will launch in twenty twenty seven on PlayStation five, Xbox Series, x N S, and PC. There is a switch version of this game not announced for that as of yet. CD Project Red is co developing Songs of the Past with Fool's Theory, which I think is a studio that had some X people from that studio and they're going to be helping out with one of the other Witcher games.
Speaker 2: It all feels like getting up the speed on the lore of the.
Speaker 1: Characters, the tools, the processes at the studio while also making new, something new for the Witcher three. John It's coming out next year though to me that says, oh, Witcher four is even further off than I was thinking, how are you reading this?
Speaker 3: I think that's probably right. I feel like Witcher four is like twenty twenty eight the earliest if we're lucky, But you know, it's cool that and I think we're seeing this more and more across the industry. And if you look at some of the biggest games, like the biggest games that are played every week every month on the old Sekana reports are all ten years old, free to play, and the Witch are three in particular, has such a special place in so many people, Like I've seen the outpouring of like, you know, joy at this announcement from people that are actually obsessed with the Witcher that they're they're making more of it, and I think that that's a great thing. I feel like maybe this was going to leak, maybe that you know, they didn't because they were there was scuttle but floating around weeks and they rather than like it because a year long wait like an announcement and then hey wait a year, you know, that's it for today. It feels like it maybe not have been on the cards, but rather than have, you know, have people leak all the information and they've just come out and side it themselves. That makes more sense.
Speaker 1: But yeah, part of it also feels like, you know, this is a company that I think is publicly traded in Poland. I know they always share all their information, so I think there's something with that. And I think they're telling this to investors and kind of setting the expectations because after this happened, the stock price did go down four percent because investors are like, wait, where's Witcher for That's the one that's going to make all the money, right, So yeah, I think this is them being like, let's just kind of give you a little bit insight on what's happening here so you can properly set your expectations. But yeah, I mean I think this is just also them being like, hey, we are Witcher's very active, get ready for it, and here are some details you'll see more soon that switch version. I would not expect this to come to switch one, No, but why wouldn't they announce a switch to definitive edition that has this included? Right to me, that seems like something that does get announced here, maybe even very.
Speaker 3: S the Yeah, yeah, it could be could be down the line, like it could be closer to the really of the whole thing, or it could be something that we're you know, showcase seasons coming up. Maybe they'll surprise everyone and maybe we'll see more of it than just this right now, you know, like just the announce Maybe we'll actually see some of what this is. But yeah, like it makes sense to bring this to switch to and we're seeing all of the big platform holders and companies kind of realized that, you know, this is the age of remasters and re releases, and you know, because games love older titles but always appreciate a new coat of paint. And you know, I'm sure there'll be things done to the Witch Are three in and of itself that will come along with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It is like a little funny because like, Witch Are three is definitely that one of those games that is in that very specific era of like oh something clicked over from twenty twelve to like twenty seventeen, where oh, now a game that when it comes out it no longer.
Speaker 2: Feels old after a couple of years.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, that game could just come out today and still do just as well, and everyone be like, yeah, this looks like a modern game. Obviously that's not one hundred percent true, things can always look better. Modern games do look a little bit better than games that came out in twenty sixteen, but just not that much better.
Speaker 3: So it's like good enough, man, Like, right, chase for graphics is kind of over. It's now it's all about innovation.
Speaker 2: And system Now.
Speaker 1: You saw that in that behavior of like what you're talking about of like the most played games of people like and you know that's true for a lot of like free to play multiplayer games, but there are a handful of single player games like Skyrim and this that are just always on those lists because yeah, people just like, hey, this is good enough and it doesn't need to look any better.
Speaker 2: So it's a little odd that like Witcher three.
Speaker 1: Continues to be like kind of get this update over and over. But I think this is a very interesting way of doing it, right, of this can last forever, So why wouldn't we just do more content when it comes time to like solve a couple of our problems. One we got to remind people Whitcher is a thing that is happening. This is a new deal, like separate from the deal we made to like get all the previous Witcher game's made. And so we have to set up the whole future, and one good way of doing that is to like sort of just fertilize the ground around Witcher three a little bit. And at the same time, we're working with new people who we've hired and with these external contracted studios, and we all want to get everyone on the same page. So let's make that new content for Witcher three that's a little bit lower stakes, a little bit more. It's probably a lot cheaper, and we get something cool out of it. It can be like a marketing expense, and if if we sell a bunch of more copies of which are three because of it, that's like a bonus on top almost. So it's like, yeah, it's just kind of seems very smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're I think we're going to say more and more of this sort of thing from many of the kind of big classic games that hit in that kind of period that you mentioned. Why not, like, like I said, the outpouring of joy and we're seeing it even in the chat now, like, oh my god, which three was one of my favorite games all the time. Hell's yeah, Like I'm down for a replay. Funnily enough, bounced try off of it. You know, bounced triy off, which are one, two, and three. It's big go for well guides people. They're just not for me most of the time.
Speaker 2: Some of them are very much for me.
Speaker 1: I've also bounced off with Witcher three a couple times, mostly just because of the way it feels to play.
Speaker 2: It's just not my style so much. Yeah, exactly. I mean.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of like getting set up for a hunt and like doing all the magic spells on your gear and getting the potions all set up because it's very specific for this one kind of monster, and then going out there and actually doing that. That sounds like a very interesting loop. I just couldn't get over the hump with it. I will one day, I want. I still want to see that game through.
Speaker 2: I know you say that about all of them, right, all right, continue, you.
Speaker 1: Just throw it in that pile. I'll get to it one day, all right. We're gonna take a break when we come back. Sonya is shutting down a game. We'll talk about that after these messages. If you want to skip these, gimebump dot com sus join after versions of the shows are available over there.
Speaker 2: We will be right back, all right. Joe. It is time to turn up the fun because Jeff Grubb Plants Versus Zombies is celebrating seventeen years of lawn defending zombies apping action.
Speaker 1: We're teaming up with Plants Versus Zombies Replanted to dish out codes across every platform, PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Switch.
Speaker 2: No matter how you play, you're in. I'm ready to kick some grass. Grub stay tuned at home to win. Ah.
Speaker 1: It's Game Mess Mornings. I'm Jeff Grub. That's John Clark. Let's get back into the news here. Sony is shutting down Destruction All Stars. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. Sony Interactive Entertainment has confirmed it will soon shut down its early PS five exclusive Destruction All Stars. The car combat title was developed by British studio Lucid Games and released in twenty twenty one and received mixed reviews from the media. On Tuesday, PlayStation announced that the game has been removed from sale, alongside its virtual currency, and multiplayer servers have been closed. Single player modes will remain accessible to existing users until November twenty fifth, It's set in a message to players, after which only Arcade mode single player challenges shall remain playable. This is the first like sort of news item and game like moment that has actually made this generation feel a little bit old to me, John, I know it is, I know it is six ish years old, but it just always felt like this is going to get started in any day now. And then I remember Destruction All Stars came out. It was going to be seventy dollars and all that happened, and they put it out and it's got kind of buried right away, and everyone's like, we don't want this even at I think it was forty or free to play.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what happened either way. It's like it just it.
Speaker 1: Came and went very fast, and that feels like a lifetime ago. I was like almost like yeah, I was almost surprised to say, oh, this was still going. And then you look a little bit closer and a lot of the communities like, oh no, no, this game hasn't really worked for two years. You could try to go play it, it wasn't working. It's like, oh, okay, so this feels like long overdue at this point. So yeah, yeah, I'm probably not much to like read into this other than like, yeah, this is a game that didn't work right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't really land particularly well with a lot of players, and they've even said that it had ongoing technical issues and that's why they are turning off. So I think the reality is here, is that the team that made it, the support that needs to be there for it, does it justify us going in and fixing it. The answer reality is no. So rather than do any of that is, let's just turn it off and shut it down and stop people from buying it because it's broken and we don't want to pay to fix it. I mean, it happens, but.
Speaker 1: Haroki Totoki got like a bill and say, what what the fuck is the.
Speaker 2: All Stars servers?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 2: What am I paying for? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I never heard of this in my life. Yeah, Destruction All Stars was always one that's like, okay, I this is a Destruction Derby inspired game. And then it's just like it was never never had a ton of sense. But then you hear Lucid, It's like, okay, well they learned from that and then they were going to apply that to a new Twisted Metal game. It's like that sounded pretty exciting. That seems like a good fit. Bring bring back Twisted Metal and kind of I don't do something there, and then that game got canceled and I really have no idea what Lucid is doing now. I'm like, in fact, I kind of want to google it if there's still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm curious even still around, right.
Speaker 2: I think I think they are. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that they have been closed, but I also don't think that they have announced anything or released anything since this.
Speaker 3: So they work on they work with EI and Respowl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I get this, Okay, code development on Jedi Survivor and Fallen Order and stuff like that. Oh, they work on See Thieves and Apex Legends and another game.
Speaker 2: That I don't think has been released.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, they're kind of a work for hire studio, you know, indicative a little bit. I think of that early a sort of effort by PlayStation to like figure out, like what can we support our big single player, narrative, campaign based games with, Like what else can we put beside there? Like we're not gonna I remember that was that time when they were like, hey, we are investing big into live service games, and they showed everyone the pie chart. It's like, look the number that we were putting into those big single player games.
Speaker 2: That's not changing.
Speaker 1: We're putting in the same amount of money, but we have all this other money and we want to figure out something else to go alongside those games, because it's not like we go like, we'll just spend more money on those games. It's really hard to start a Naughty Dog. And I was like, I'm convinced all of that makes sense. The one part that I might be stuck on is the live service games. And it's like, you saw how they got there, because everyone was going into that party in that moment, and it's like before the live service games, it was stuff kind of like this. It's like, ah, something in between multiplayer, maybe some PSVR stuff. It's like, yeah, none of that really felt like it was going to match, don't. I don't know what else Sony does first party other than maybe the thing that has been working for Capcom and I've been harping on this show for like the last couple of weeks. It's time for Sony. But like, hey, we have a lot of very recognizable properties in brands, and we should be bringing those back in whatever way we can. Remakes, remasters, uh, just ports and then sequels new games based on jumping.
Speaker 2: Flash or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: That would be much more welcome to me than whatever Destruction All Starts was supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, and I think we're going to see a bunch of that. We've got, We've got the state of play next week. You know, there's there's rumors out there of new things, and there's remasters of old things that we've kind of already been announced. I think like the God of War trilogy has already been announced. We're going to see that. I even heard, like, and I don't know if this is like this is just scuttle, but this is not me reporting anything before anyone, rightes, Yeah, what's like a God of War twenty eighteen remaster? And I know people will roll their eyes or another remaster from Sony to a degree, but like you look at it from Sony's perspective, the reality is, yeah, some some Internet people might write, ah, another remaster grown, but then they sell because people to play the games they love looking even better than they did before. So and that's an easy win for any platform holder right now in an economy that is kind of screwed for everybody. So yeah, I agree with you, like, everyone's sort of like, what are we going to see from Sony that state of play? And they have such a they've got such an incredible fan base of people that love so many of their ips and properties, and it's like, like, what are you doing? So you know, maybe they're they're inviting press to come in and sit down in a room and watch this thing. And that sounds like they feel like they've got a pretty good show.
Speaker 1: I means Partnership says the same thing to me. Yeah, I mean I don't think they've done that for stat of plays before. Maybe they've had movie theater stuff for state of place. They've definitely had that for showcases. So yeah, and like I.
Speaker 2: Always just say that, like everyone gets it.
Speaker 1: The distinction was state of play was and more regular there sort of Nintendo director are a diet Nintendo director in a lot of cases, and then the showcases would be like the Big E three shows. They're calling this a state of play. It is being presented as like a Big E three show. In my opinion, it's like, okay, so I'm really getting.
Speaker 2: My hopes up for that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it feels like Sony's got a couple of levers that they know work, and yes, one of them is the obviously the big expensive games that you can make one every seven years or something like that. That's it works, but it has a lot of baggage attached to it. And then there's the other one, be like remastering those games, especially when a TV show is about to come out or a movie's about to come out, that has worked for them, especially with like The Last of Us. I think they're hoping to replicate that with this rumored God of War, which I just will not be surprised if that exactly goes down the exact same way, and then that could be like, Okay, now you have that in the TV show and here's the new Faye game or whatever, and that's you know, that's another one of these big games. It's like, yeah, the question of what else really just sort of lingers over Sony because they haven't been able to put out those games at the pace they once did, and it's noticeable everyone's feeling it, especially as the price of these consoles goes up, and everyone feels like they need to get more to justify that. And that's a psychological thing, but it's a real thing. I think a lot of people feel and I know that these companies are like worried about that value, like the optics of the value of.
Speaker 2: The products they're putting out.
Speaker 1: And they were like, hey, if we can get more out there and just feel like a more vibrant place to play games, that'll go a long way. And Sony, I think it's like, Okay, we got to really shift in that direction. And I do think that leads them to going back to PlayStation one and PlayStation two and bringing back a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, bring back mark of Cree, That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like there's tons of little and I think the reality is is that, like I know, Sony is known for giant you know, oh the animation and all of the bells and whistles that make into the narrative single player games, but like there's a group of people that really want to play, you know, like a Jack and Daxter or whatever, but like a small budget, like you've got teams, like have a small team within your big team, split off and spend two years making something smaller that isn't and support your ecosystem in that way. And you know we're seeing Sega tease like crazy Taxi and like do. I think Crazy Taxi whatever it ends up being, is going to be some giant triple A extravaganza. No, it's going to be a sensibly scoped product that will tug on the heartstrings of everyone wanting to hear Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah again right, So like Sony can do that. All of the platform holders need to do that because you know, gamers, if anything, are the biggest suckers for nostalgia that I have ever met in my life. I am one of them. Give me things that I from when I was young.
Speaker 2: Please, yep, exactly real quick.
Speaker 1: There's some I guess breaking news. This is yeah, Hideo Kojuma collaborates with Nicholas Windin Refin. I don't know how to say that guy's name, or either either of those guys's names, but they're working together on making generative AI short film for Prada.
Speaker 2: For a promotional event. It's you don't need to do that? Why why?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Just at the height of the popularity of AI.
Speaker 1: I know, like we talked about AI lot on the show John, and it's at appointment. Now everyone's like it's happening, accept it or everyone's still mad about it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I kind of want to be.
Speaker 1: On the side of all the kids who are booing it at their at their graduation things. When all these old fucks bring it up, I'm like, I'm defitely on the side of the kids. I'm not gonna be standing up there with the former CEO of Google being like, oh hey, it's inevitable accepted.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know, let's get loud and say this sucks.
Speaker 1: But it surprises me how many people who do seem like they are in positions of power are just like I'm I'm embracing it. So this sounds this sounds great to me. I'm today Okachman. Of course Kojuma would be for AI. Of course he would be. Of course he would be.
Speaker 2: It's Kacha. So but a little disappointing.
Speaker 3: So it's it's just a bit sucky, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Like it's sucky. Yeah, don't your time doing that? Make something cool instead? Everyone likes you when you make cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not hard. Like the AI debate. We could spend an hour talking about the ups and downs to that thing. Like, but I I I generally agree, like I lean on the I totally get it for making life easier in the back end, but not from a creative way, not from designing the stuff way. Like this doesn't have taste.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have a good or bad taste. It does not have taste exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, at forty three, john in my life at this point, it's like, you know, I don't have a ton of like core values. The one couple of them I do have is like I want to fuck with people who have good taste or you know, even bad taste in an interesting way, but no taste whatsoever, which is what the machine can produce.
Speaker 2: Uh, why am I?
Speaker 1: Why would I ever waste my time with the ten football? Yeah, not for anything creative ever. Like, yeah, it's it's kind of goofy.
Speaker 3: It's clouds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's embarrassing. You should be a little embarrassed. All right, let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: Square Enix shows off Dragon Quest twelve, now known as Beyond Dreams, following what was a developmental restart. This is from Ben Lyons at Game Reactor. It's the fortieth anniversary of Dragon Quest and we have been celebrating this the feat by delving into our history with the long running JRPG saga. But to add to this Square Enix has plenty to share about the future of the franchise, namely the long awaited dragon Quest twelve. As series creator Ugi Horri teased recently, we finally have an answer as to why the game has been so silent for such a long period of time. The answers is basically that it was reset and rebooted. In the update video shared by dragon Quest by the dragon Quest team, executive producer Yoske Sito explained that the project hit a lot of hurdles along the way, and that due to a reshuffle of the team and a restart of development, it's going to be a bit longer before it's in your hands. But they did reintroduce the game, showed a new logo, which we thought we were just going to get a logo when we talked over it this morning. Got a new subtitle, Beyond Dreams. I can't remember what it was called before, but they dropped the previous one. Now it's Beyond Dreams Fights.
Speaker 3: Flames of Fight was I.
Speaker 2: Think Flames of Fate? Thank you now.
Speaker 1: They have also though shown off a little bit of the world some of the characters. Does it look like a game that is coming out anytime soon does look like, hey, here's some environments, here's some character art. That's what we can confidently show you in this moment. But yeah, it kind of explains like the recent way that the Dragon Quest series has been going, which is here's a lot of remakes and ports and stuff like that to fill in the gaps because.
Speaker 2: They knew this was happening.
Speaker 1: Hey, get it right for sure, but uh yeah, I guess when should we expect?
Speaker 2: This feels like a couple of years off.
Speaker 3: Still, it does feel like a while away, and like I geld Cult just to the team, like it's it's always hard to be like this isn't working, stop, reset, rethink, and then to be able to you know, to have to come out and be like sorry everyone. It's always a sucky thing to have to do. But they did do it. They've owned it. They've given the little tease, a little glimpse to kind of satiate, you know, people that were hungry for such things. I think they announced that the Withered World Dragon Quest Monsters is coming to switch one and two, so that that's nice, that's good. But yeah, like this feels, this feels like a little while away. It's a bummer if you're really really looking forward to it, but it's better than it, you know. The message today being it's canceled, here's nothing, you know, like, so.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they want to like just get it right. This.
Speaker 1: They did say that this game still has original art from a curatorama.
Speaker 2: You know, it's dragon Us. I think, yes, yep, yep, and it's okay, awesome. That's uh. They don't want to like smirch any of that, and they want to get it right.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how I felt about the original pitch for Flames of Fate as as you told me that's what it's called, because it was the idea was maybe the combat is going to be different, maybe will go oh maybe real time and right, and then it's like, hey, the games.
Speaker 2: Are always bubbly and cheerful and colorful. What if it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Little Dragon Quest fans like, right, okay, yeah, but what if it fucking was actually what if.
Speaker 2: We just got another dragon Quest game?
Speaker 1: And it does feel like that is the one of the corrections that happened here. I don't know if it's the core correction, like this is the the reason that they did it, because they're like started going down that path, and they looked around at each other like, actually, this sucks, we hate it. There could have been so many other problems making games as difficult, but obviously they took it. Does seem like they took this moment to rethink everything and they were like, ah, let's reach and to me like, yeah, I think the darker grammar maybe real time or more real time combat.
Speaker 2: Again, who knows what it would have been for a dragon Quest game.
Speaker 1: Is an idea that probably sounded somewhat reasonable five years ago, and now it's like, no, people want their their RPG bullshit. They want to like be steeped in that stuff. It works. It obviously still works after claar obscure. Just make that stuff, make the stuff that you do even better and even more interesting. And that's sort of the path. Don't be like we got to like like sand those edges off to be more like all the other games.
Speaker 2: So well, that sounds good.
Speaker 3: Final Fantasy was it that went like, hey, do you have a Game of Thrones? Which one was it? Six six sixteen sixteen? Like yeah, you know, so, like don't you.
Speaker 2: I think that that is? I would a guess here, John, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: It feels like a good guess.
Speaker 1: Yes, they learned a lesson from Final Fantasy sixteen and not not a game that was like garbage by any means, but one that just feels like it missed the mark of what they were going for of like, hey, if we do make it like Game of Thrones, we can get some of that shine. It's like, it doesn't work that way. You kind of have to make your own. Your Final Fantasy, you should be making your own. And I think they're like, I think they know that now, and I think that that you're going to see that from them going forward and starting with games like this.
Speaker 2: So cool to all right.
Speaker 1: Sonic Frontiers Definitive Edition is coming next month, it's claimed. This is from Jordan Miller at VGCS. Sonic Frontiers Definitive Edition will be released next month. It's claimed that's according to Bill bil Kuhn, who has a history of posting retail listing information ahead of official announcements, writing on deal Labs, it's confirmed that the game will be released on June twenty third. Sonic Frontiers Definitive Edition will reportedly include all previous released updates in DLC. It's also claimed that the Nintendo Switch to version of the game will receive a technical overhaul when compared to the Nintendo Switch one version of the original game, which is I think that's all that's available right now. The game will retail for fifty dollars. To me, this sounds like this is the Sonic Frontiers sort of update that they put out now, because maybe they announced a new one over Summer Game Fest.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Again, like, look at the kind of theme of the show is, Hey, you remember this game that he was quite well receiveable. We're going to update it for the people with new machine, a new hardware, and we're gonna give it a kirra of paint. But I remember it, and oh look there's a new one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Makes sense to me, Like, I hope.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hope so too.
Speaker 1: I like Sonic Frontiers quite a bit, and I think they could figure out a lot of ways to make to improve it with a SEQL, But that would mean that would would require them sticking with what they did, which seems like they might. I think Sonic Frontiers did pretty well. And yeah, but I think you're like, you're right to point out the theme of the episode is marketing for video games has kind of shifted from commercials during NBA games. That still happens for Call of Duty or whatever, but if you're anything else, it's kind of shifted into put the marketing in the game that people are playing or or that they frequently go back to, or give them a reason to go back to it. Make the games themselves the marketing and say, oh, yeah, that does seem to be pretty smart and does seem to be working. My kids like like this a lot in a switch to version update would be welcome. I think they would probably go back to this game and quite enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's the twenty twenty two games.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's you know, twenty twenty seven release five ish years between those two.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Speaker 1: Although I guess it's possible they announce a Sonic Frontiers too and it comes out this holiday, but I don't know, maybe I'm not expecting that quite.
Speaker 3: Can we stomach any more games? Like would they want to go up against you know, like no one's going to be releasing anything like I've been seeing it trying to figure out, like just just from an Xbox point of view, you know, they've got Minecraft Dungeons to Fable, Halo Campaign Evolved, Gears of War e Eday and whatever new call to you all to come out between now and December, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Where does really where does where do these fit? Really?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Now in November nineteenth, right, because really now? And Grand Theft Auto six. It's like because after that, I mean there will be a game. There will be games to come out in December, but it's gonna be like it's not gonna be the biggest ones or maybe like late December for a couple of them. They try to get on the other side of it because they just absolutely need that extra time. But most games are gonna try to get out of the way. And that means yeah, before Grand Theft Auto six.
Speaker 3: So like, yeah, I think you're right. Then if there is a Sonic Frontiers too, maybe early twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see like February March, that'd be excellent. Yeah, I hope. So I'm looking forward to it. That's one of those Sonic games that look like, oh, they just kind of like made a fun thing to run around in, which.
Speaker 2: Is what I want from Sonic. Yeah, all right, last.
Speaker 1: Story here, Ea says there are more stories coming with the Star Wars Jedi protagonist Calcestis.
Speaker 2: This is from Jonas Mackie at Game Reactor.
Speaker 1: Gotta say the new James Bond reminds me a lot of how I felt about Calcestis, where I was like.
Speaker 2: Kind of a generic looking dude.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's like me getting older at it looks too young for this character.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to care about.
Speaker 1: To make it something more interesting, and Star Wars like make them an alien heroes, like I don't know, give them some ruggedness or something. It's like, now both won me over kind of immediately. A Calcastis actually took a little bit longer here. I was like James Bond, I'm like, oh, this totally works. Yeah, and I do want more from both of those characters. I want more from We're getting more. Star Wars. Jedi three is in the works for sure. It went into production right away after the second one, kind of before that happened. Everyone involved and knew they were going to make a third game. They wanted to do a trilogy, and so it's like, okay, well, yeah, is that the more stories here? And it's it sounds like maybe more is happening. So game rant I think talked to a Lucasfilm representative who said never say never when asked about like getting more Calcastus. We've got his lightsaber in the park, We've got more cal stories coming and plural. Obviously this is maybe an off the cuff remark, so we don't have to read into it a ton, but I'll say I think the energy surrounding Calcastus and the Jedi games is that they do want to take that character, that actor, and kind of began inserting him into other places. And so does he think this means? This probably means like he shows up in movies and shows, right, not necessarily more games.
Speaker 3: It's the either is the face of Calcastus is also the voice act.
Speaker 2: He's an actor the.
Speaker 3: Entire performance, so he can he can quite easily be slotted into additional fiction, right, TV shows or movies. And like, I know that the sequel launched a little bit won ky in terms of its technical chops. Yeah, they sorted it out and as always, you know all developers would wish for an extra year, but then you've got to say ship at some point. But they've come out, Like I remember playing the first one and kind of bouncing off and then going back at that kind of like, ah, all the reviews have stopped. I can play some actual games I missed now like December at some point, like a six months after it released, and I was like, helly crap, this is really fun and I don't really like all the dark Souls type stuff. I turned all the Souls he bits off and just had fun with extra a Star Wars game, And you know, same for the sequel. So would I want a third Hell's Yeah, and he's a great character. I think the both story arcs i've heard are really good. At the first one I really enjoyed. Let's let's have more kyl casts. Give it to a CI and Disney go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like kind of the best, like for a franchise like Star Wars. The idea of if you are going to make something Star Wars, like Tony Gilroy who made and Orsay, Hey, one of the things I want to do is, I'm sure I'll take some toys out of the box, but when I put them back, I want I'm gonna put more toys back than I took out, meaning I'm going to create more stuff for other people to work with in the future. And calcasts feels like he's in that rank of Oh you put him back in the Star Wars toy box, and now that is another cool thing to be explored by future creators.
Speaker 2: Uh. And really the whole cast.
Speaker 1: Of people in those Star Wars Jedi games who were all excellent, especially that Witch of Datamir or whatever.
Speaker 2: I loved her.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's see that.
Speaker 1: All right, that does it for the headlines, John, we got through. You have a poll question from Monday, let's get to that. Or do we have a poll question for Monday? Jan I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Nope. We were on holiday, thank you. That's very memorial.
Speaker 1: There was a Memorial Day, thank you, and then Friday was the Bomb twelve. So let's just remind you all of that. The Bomb twelve is updated on giant bomb dot com. So if you want to see the most recent Bomb twelve, which are the twelve games that matter to people who are really playing video games, you could see that there.
Speaker 2: You just scroll down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Then off to the left you'll see a vote here button you click that takes you to the Google form you can vote for the game that you want to see on the Bomb twelve. This week we will do that to wrap things up on Friday. I'm looking forward to it. With that out of the way, though, let's see here, John, what do you have going on? Where can people find you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'll take the opportunity. I actually have a very like it's SSGF coming up next next week. But this week is crazy busy because tomorrow I head off. If you're in the UK, I'm going to be at UK Games Expo, which is for all of you calm and board game nerds out there with our game that we may yeah, to show it off right Like, you can buy this on Amazon right now, but will be there. It's cheaper buying it from us in person.
Speaker 2: So if you're watching listeners, the name of the game again yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, console walls the card game. So everything you love about this industry, all of the arguments you've had online in forums about exclusivity and media bias and fanboys, it's all in this card game where you fight, you fight as a video game publisher for exclusives. It's very silly, it's very tongue in cheek. We had a lot of fun making it. We are currently and you know, we announced this on our show a little while ago, but we are currently out there. We're pitching it. We've partnered with an award winning UK development team to make this into an actual video game. Had some really interesting conversations. Has given me an entirely new appreciation about how hard indie developers have it in terms of actually getting funding to make this stuff. Now, it's crazy difficult and this is a cheap game in the grand scheme of things to make. But yeah, like so we're there. We're selling the you get cool stuff if you come down. We've got a little hollow, hollow cold to give away. But we'll be in a whole eye of UK Games Expo. If people want to come on and say hello and say you source on Giant Bomb, feel free to do so. I'm a communicative and social fellow most of the time.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I hope you have a good time. And yeah, definitely if you're there, track down John and say hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, over here at Giant Bomb, we have a busy day poke Monday Night combat is happening right after this and Jane will need some time to get set up everybody, but just stick around. You're gonna catch that with him and Sean. I'm gonna be watching I'll be doing a grub Snacks premium that you'll be able to catch later this week if you're a premium member. Blake Club is going to be happening at two pm Eastern, that's eleven am Pacific time. Dan's got like forty minutes left of space Ace I think, and he gave Metro Prime five stars. I'm just going for all the jokes. He loves everyone and then let's see and then this evening it's a launch. Look, it's back James Bond, him elf, Mike Manati will be streaming Double O seven for the launch like he's gonna start that at seven pm Eastern, gonna go to at least eleven pm, but he could go later, and I expect that he probably will because I think he's gonna like that game. I think it's gonna have fun at that game, absolutely, and it's so like I don't present, so what's so cinematic? It looks great on streaming. People are gonna have a great time with that and then get regular stuff for the rest of this week, with a few other fun things here or there. Definitely tune into Giant Bomb for all of that and more. Thank you all though, for watching, John, Thank you for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It was a pleasure, always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for watching, Thank you for listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.