Speaker 1: It's nice side with Dan Ray WBZ costs new video.
Speaker 2: Oh we're back here. I'm look at this. I'm getting ready for my next hour. My goodness. Okay, thank you, Rob. Appreciate that very much. As we move into the nine o'clock hour, the Democrats are in Night two in Chicago, and I'm delighted to be joined by John zogby Polar extraordinaire. Johnny got a new book out, Beyond the horse Race, How to Read Polls and Why We Should The title is it's pretty obvious, but implifying that a little bit. And we'll talk about the book in a little while, but I'm intrigued by the title.
Speaker 3: Well, Hi, Dan, thanks for inviting me again. And I mean essentially, a lot of folks talk about polls. A lot of folks bash them, and a lot of folks misinterpret them. And those a lot of folks are, particularly those who should know better, you know, talking heads, the pundits, columnists and so on. I think a lot of it is they have wrong expectations for what poles tell us. I mean, the only number that matters is who's ahead and by how much? And that's followed up with and we predict or this poll predicts, and that is such a disservice to you know, what we really do. Yes, we're taking a snapshot of a moment in time, and we are capturing who's ahead and by how much. In addition to that, what we're doing is we're taking a look at a whole lot more.
Speaker 4: Details, like.
Speaker 3: Is Kamala Harris doing what she needs to do among blacks, among the Latinos, among that winning democratic coalition, is Trump appealing to independence? And which independence is the appealing to Those are the sorts of things that, among many others, that we should be talking about as opposed to just you know, focusing on that that one one dimensional number.
Speaker 4: Who's ahead.
Speaker 2: Okay, we you're going to stay with us until nine thirty, So folks want to ask you any question? Uh, you need to jump on now, Ladies and gentlemen, six one seven, two four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We'll try to get at least a couple of phone calls in for John Zogby before the end of the hour. I mentioned you today that that this race as it is now evolved, it's a very different rate today than it was six weeks ago. It's it's a very different race than what people anticipated six months ago. It is it's I don't know how you can poll this race effectively. I'm sure you're going to figure it out. But I use the example today that normally most races kind of I think of them as as Major league fastballs. Yeah, they're tough to poll, but you can every once in a while hit them if you time it right. But this is like trying to hit a knuckleball, a Tim Wakefield knuckleball, which is moving all over the place. This race has just moved up and down and now sideways. Do you think this race is going to be a tougher race for you and the other longtime professional posters to poll.
Speaker 3: No. No, because we've had, you know, a few decades to figure out a lot of the changing dynamics technologically, you know, from the telephone to online for calling cell phone. I think we've had time to figure that out and to you know, to get that in a pattern that we're comfortable with. And then secondly, you know, going back to the election of two thousand, we've had some very tough competitive races that we've had to poll. And you know, despite the fact that folks, would you know, like to say, oh, the posters blew this one or they blew that.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: Fact is we saw that those races were close and could tip one way or another. And I think, you know, even though there's a lot of anger and a lot of bitterness and a lot of people hanging up the phones, I'm not finding it the turf out there any more difficult to pull than anytime in the forty years I've been doing it.
Speaker 2: Does this race, I mean, this is unprecedented. I mean, six weeks ago, Joe Biden says I'm in this and only if God Almighty tells me to get out, I will get out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Apparently he did get a call from God, God Almighty sometime, I guess on the weekend of July twenty first. It's unprecedented. Does this race have beer any resemblance to any race that you that you can remember presidential race that you've seen in the past.
Speaker 3: Well, no, not in terms of driving a candidate out in mid stream. Certainly not in an incumbent as well. You know, there are some, you know, examples from the past of tight races. There are some examples of real controversies, you know, during campaigns, but this one, the level of anger and bitternesses is you know, sky high. The level of alienation and who is going to actually turn out to vote is is something that we need to look at in great detail. And I think also that whereas when Joe Biden was in it was still competitive, you know, it was a two three four point race, Trump leading, you know, consistently, but with Biden out, that's given the opportunity for a new Democratic candidate to first of all change the conversation right from age and mental acuity to just that being off the table, and now we know we can get into issues and other kinds of personal details, and then also measure how Kamala Harris is doing among those key, you know, decisive groups of voters that Democrats absolutely need in order to win. And what we're finding at this point in time is that while she isn't exactly where she needs to be to win, she's made great strides among black voters and Hispanic voters, younger voters, women voters than Biden did. And Biden was kind of boxed out because especially after the debate, there was only one issue and that dominated the news and there was no way he was going to be able to move beyond that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's a question on polling. And I know that this question has occurred in other races, and that is a lot of people today are anxious to say, put a Harris on Waltz button on. You can see the enthusiasm in Chicago. It's an energized Democratic base. How concerned are you as a polster that you're going that there's going to be a hidden Trump vote out there? In other words, no one is ashamed or willing or unwilling to disclose their voting for Harris if they're a Harris supporter. But I would argue that there are some Trump voters who are going to try to either tell pollsters a lie or are not going to be as forthcoming as they should be. Are you concerned about that in terms of how do you figure that?
Speaker 3: If you are, how do you calculate that in Yeah, No, that's that's a good point. First of all, let's talk about the lying. You know, when you're doing a random sample of you know, a pool of let's say one hundred and fifty one hundred and sixty million voters, and you're drawing up a sample of twelve hundred to fifteen hundred likely voters. You know, one person lying is not going to throw off those results. Two people lying isn't going to do that either. But how is anybody going to even know that there's a conspiracy when they don't even know if they're going to be contacted or not. And so I'm I've never been worried about, you know, people lying in terms of people undecided, you know, who are actually secret Trump voters but don't want to say it. I will admit that Trump has done better than pre election polls show, but I don't think he's done I haven't seen where he's done radically better. And one of the ways we can determine that is if we look at the undecided voters and see who they are and how they match, you know, demographically and party id and ideologically and so on with those groups and people who are voting for Trump, those who are voting for Harris, those who are voting for Kennedy.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 3: I'm not terribly concerned.
Speaker 2: Okay, there are some folks out there who say, John, how can you possibly however well balanced it is, how can you possibly get an accurate characterization? I understand how you do it, but I want to have you explain it to my audience when you're polling twelve hundred people out of a constituency of probably about one hundred and eighty million who are going to vote.
Speaker 3: Right, All right, So let's picture a huge jar of one hundred and eighty million marbles, right, and some of them are black and some of them are white, one hundred and eighty million. How do I find out how many white marbles how many black marbles? I can take pretty much the well, not the rest of my life. I'm an old man, but I can pretty much take years and years of counting all hundred and eighty marbles a million marbles and get an accurate count, hoping that nobody calls me in the meantime, or I don't get diverted, you got, Or what I can do is get that bottle shaken and then reach in blindly and draw out four hundred marbles, six hundred marble, one thousand marbles and count them. And I'll know that when I do that, I will have account of how many whites and how many black and I will if I just draw four hundred marbles, I will know that I will get that same result, plus or minus five percentage points either way, ninety five times out of one hundred. That's the law of probability. Now I have to be sure I don't change my method of drawing the marbles out. I've got to make sure that you know that I'm doing it the same exact way that I've done it all hundred times. If I draw six hundred marbles out, I'll get the same result ninety five cases out of one hundred plus or minus four and twelve hundred plus or minus three. So now that useful. Sure it is, rather than counting.
Speaker 2: You've convinced me. Hopefully you've convinced the audience a little bit as well. The law probabilities. My guess, John Zogby, if you want to jump in and ask a polster a question. Maybe you've never been asked a question by a poster, but if you have any question, bring it on. I must tell you, John, I'm finding very few people in my audience on either side who are undecided. I don't know what you're finding in your polls, but I got people calling who like Trump. I got people who are calling you like Biden. I got people some people who are calling and I should mention that that your firm is actually the polster for Robert F. Kennedy Junior. I got some people who are calling and like r FK Junior, but I find very few people who say I'm on the fence. I That's the other thing too. I think a lot of this is going to be baked in. I'm going to ask you that question and get your reaction to it if I'm reading it correctly. But I'm also going to give folks an opportunity six one seven thirty six one, seven thirty dial Now, I'll try to get you in before nine thirty. When John has to leave us. We'll be back on night Side with Foster Extraordinary John Zogby right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Sight Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: My guest is John Zogby. John, very quick question. I want to get to at least two calls for you here before the our time is up. I believe right now, primarily because of Donald Trump, not because of Kamala Harris, but because of Donald Trump, there are very few undecided voters out there. Would you agree to disagree?
Speaker 3: Numbers of undecideds really are dwindling, and you're right, she's on a honeymoon. She's I think folks were looking for something fresh. But in h By Labor Day, Dan, we will be at equilibrium and you'll see undecided to grow a little bit as both candidates spend a lot of time bashing each other's brains.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's pick your brains here. We're going to start off with Mike and Foxborough, the home of New England Patriots. Mike, welcome, You're on with John Zogbie. Go right ahead, Mike, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 6: I just want to say, or ask, and you might have touched on it, but where do you find the people for the polls? I heard you mentioned phones because it seems you know, most people don't have home phones now for or answer them, and they certainly don't answer cell phones. I would say for the most numbers, they don't know. So I don't know if calling people how you actually get a hold of people that you call the great.
Speaker 2: Great question. Let's John, John's got an answer, Fore you go ahead, John.
Speaker 3: Okay, great question, Fike. Thanks. So the fact of the matter is that over ninety percent of the polling we do now is done online. So four percent of likely voters have online access at home, which is about where the landline telephone was about forty years ago. So we have developed over the years panels of about fifteen million adults done with the email addresses, we have their demographics, and we have a panel that is representative of both adults in the US and then like the voters in the US, And what we do is we draw random samples from those fifteen million and then invite them to a secure website to take a poll. And the response rates are much better than they are on landline telephones and then eons better than they are on cell phones. Cell phones are people that are just very difficult to reach, and yet they're seventy percent of the folks with phones these days. I hope that helps.
Speaker 6: A quick follow up or ahead. Yeah, yeah, so this panel, this is interesting. So like I see poles online that I won't take them for the people that you have and these panels, as you call them, they know that they're going to a secure website and there are people that a pool that generally answer or complete the polls. Is that kind of a somewhat correct assumption.
Speaker 3: It's the panel of those willing to take polls, but they don't always get invited. That they hardly ever get invited, and very few of them take more than a couple of holes a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got it, Mike. Great, great quot great questions.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Those are the questions that other people are thinking about. Let me go to Kathy in New York. Kathy, you're with John Zogby, who's all from new also from New York. His home bases Utica, New York. Kathy. Where are you from?
Speaker 5: He's right down the road from me.
Speaker 2: Where are you what town?
Speaker 5: I'm calling from? Rome?
Speaker 2: From Rome?
Speaker 4: All right, we.
Speaker 3: Are Hey, Love Rome, and I hope you guys heal filmed terrible tornado there?
Speaker 5: Yes, we we we survived, but we didn't lose some trees, but otherwise we did far better than some of our neighbors who had a lot of trees come down on their houses.
Speaker 2: Kathy, I just want you to know I got back from that other room in Italy from about ten days ago. You go right ahead. What question do you have with my friend John Zogby? Polster, go right ahead, Captain.
Speaker 5: I have to ask. I'm a die die heart Trump fan. I don't necessarily agree but I think during his term of presidency, me and my husband were much better off than what we have been in And I'm just wondering, I see some of I talked to some of these women, and they just seem like they're more interested in having a woman president then the topics themselves that are really the things that matter. What is your opinion?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The good thing about polls is that in those twelve hundred people that we contact, or however many we do, it's representative of the whole nation or the state or whatever, and it goes beyond our network of friends, goes beyond you know, the beauty salon or the barbershop or the supermarket. And so there's a lot of reasons why people are voting for voting against the candidates. So that is one of the things that I think a lot of folks mis about polls, and I talk about it in my book, the fact that it is representative, so it kind of opens the window for us to see a broader swath of the American people have.
Speaker 2: Not everybody thinks alike. Obviously there's people who.
Speaker 5: Not at all, but I think people who for her ahead, you know, voting for somebody just because they're a woman for president and the run. There's the economy and so many other things that are important, and it wouldn't be a shame for her to get in office just because she's a woman and then have nothing get done and be worse off for the next four years.
Speaker 2: Well, let's assume Kathy, that Condoleezza Rice was running for president. You know, at some point, would you be voting for Condelieza Rice for president?
Speaker 5: You know, I think she would have more experience. I just don't think.
Speaker 2: The fact that she's a Republican. I bet you might help as well. Hey, Kathy, I hate to do this to you, but we're running out of time with John z What I was trying to say, Kathy was that different people look at these races differently, And what John Zogby has to do is he has to get a sampling of people from different parties, different genders, different ages, different geographic areas, and also different points of view. If he did a poll with you know, twelve hundred Trump supporters, I think Trump probably would win, would carry the poll to but he has to make sure that that isn't the case. Kathy. I hope you hope you get a full recovery up there in Rome, New York.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, thank you, bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye. John. Always always great to talk with you, and you clarify a set of circumstances and a skill set that is very mysterious to a lot of my listeners. And yet at the end of the day, you your reputation and the reputation of other good friends of mine like Dave Paleyl Logus and Spencer Kimball. You guys need to be right. I mean, that's that's what what what you were dealing with. You're you're not in it to root for one side or the other. And I want people to understand that that you want to be right and correct because that's your reputation. So thank you for what you're doing. I'm sure we'll check back in with it, maybe a couple of times. We're now and over for fifth with if you all right, Thanks, thanks so much, John Zogby, ladies and gentlemen, if you're on the line, stay there. We'll talk a little bit about Paul and we'll also talk about the race. We'll talk about what happened last night, uh in in in Chicago, and there's a lot to talk about because I think that I really believe this. I think that Joe Biden was given the short end of the stick last night and the Democrats should have built the program around him in a prime time presentation. I am, and that's my thoughts. You might agree, you might disagree, and that's fine. We'll be back on Nightside right after this, after the News at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just would like to mention that if you are interested in polling, John Zogby's book which is coming out literally this month, early September, Beyond the horse Race, How to Read Polls and Why We Should It is a timely read for the politically inclined, and a lot of you are politically inclined. And again, John Zogby is a pollster who has been in the business for forty years and he's very kind to spend time with us as his day palaeologus. And also Spencer Kimball Dave of Suffolk and Spencer Kimball of Emerson. These individuals, these companies, they the only thing that they have is their ability to not predict the outcome, but to show the race as it develops. It's like watching a baseball game and in the bottom of the seventh inning the Red Sox are losing five to one, but there's still a couple of innings to play, and every once in a while they'll pull it out in the bottom of the night. Six to five doesn't mean that the announcers were wrong, and they said it was five to one in the in the seventh, so you gotta understand that they're legitimate. They're not out to hurt your candidate. Now here's what I would like to do. I would like to start a conversation tonight that deals with what happened last night. It is night two in Chicago for the Democrats, and tonight I guarantee you that when former President Obama speaks, it will be not at eleven thirty at night. Okay, he will speak as he should in prime time, no question in my mind about that. Last night I felt badly for Joe Biden. Basically he was held back until eleven thirty at night. And there's been some comments on that, which we will get to. But what I'd prefer to do is hear from you, Okay, hear from you on your thoughts about what's been going on so far with the Democratic Convention. The other type of people I would love to hear from, really would love to hear if you are a truly undecided voter. I don't believe there are many undecided voters out there. I think most of you have figured out who you're going to vote for. Now. Maybe it'll change. I guess it could change if there was some outstanding debate performance or some extraordinary as we call the October surprise. But if there is anyone out there who's truly on the fence, I'd love to hear from you, and we'll do our own little poll of you. I'll ask you some questions and I'll try to predict how you will vote, so we'll have some fun with this. Let me go first to John, who's calling. By the way, you know the number six one seven tw thirty six seven thirty. If you really are truly independent, meaning undecided, undecided, and you don't know if you had to vote today, who you would vote for, give us the call, and if you want to talk about was Joe Biden disc last night? I think he was. Let's go to John on the South Shore. Hey, John, welcome, next to a nightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 4: Not I I'm on the fence. Uh, Dan, are you truly on the fence side? Really haven't been keeping track of the Democratic Convention. I had never really kept track of the Republican Convention. I really want to have the best qualified person somebody that's opted the task of being the president of the United States, may a woman or a man.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me if I can't, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead. I didn't mean to interrupt. I thought you were finished. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I was just going to say, Uh, it really comes down to a lot of different issues to me. Uh is the women's issues, women's rights. It also comes down and it's a big thing here in Massachusetts, says, you know, listening to the homeless shelter food situation, I want to know what the federal government's going to do with the border, with what they're doing to protect the homeless people who are already homeless. And now you have an inflex So I don't want anybody to slip through the crack. And I really want somebody to take an active part in the federal end, because it's really to have the state end the federal end. Yes, to make an initiative to really do what is positive in helping out everybody be inclusive, not exclusive, and I just don't see that. I just see a lot of people passing the buck. And I'm ready to answer any question you want to ask.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, first of all, I wish that I know you called in a little late and we had only a certain amount of time with John Zogby. I would have loved to have him talking. So I'm going to ask you, okay, a few questions, and then I'm going to try to predict how you will eventually vote. And I want you when you finally come to a conclusion, I want you to call me back, whether that's next week, next month, or on November fifth. So first of we're glad to do that, okay, So let's try off. Okay, do you generally vote in presidential elections?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? Have you ever not voted in a presidential election? Me?
Speaker 4: And have made it, I've made it. I've made it the points to vote for each and every election, okay, even on the state and local level. I feel it's it's the right to vote. Haven't worked with the army, uh, people put their life on the line and down here in the South Shore and Quinsy. We have what we call the loan sailor. Those are people who put their life on the line to provide me but also giving us the right to make decisions and who the leaders are going to be.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, okay? What was the first president financial election you're voted in? If you remember when? When did you turn eighteen?
Speaker 4: I'm about seventy now.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you probably voted in nineteen.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go out roll limb here. Don't hold me to the to the president. But I think it was JFK.
Speaker 2: No, No, you would if you're seventy years of ag Okay, JFK ran in nineteen sixty. I'll tell you when you first voted. I'm going to tell you when you first voted.
Speaker 4: No, I think I think it was not Obama, but his wife was on TV yesterday doing a Clinton Clinton I think was my first one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so this was if you voted for Bill Clinton, you would have first voted in nineteen ninety two. You would have been eligible if you're seventy. Okay, if you're seventy, you were born in nineteen fifty four, correct, fifty five fifty five. Okay, So you were first eligible to vote in nineteen seventy six. Okay, that was Ford and Carter. You didn't vote in that, I.
Speaker 4: Tell you something. Yeah, I voted Kata.
Speaker 2: All right, look at this now, now we're making some progress. So now that's your first election. Okay. In nineteen eighty you had a choice between Carter and Reagan. Who'd you vote for?
Speaker 4: Reagan?
Speaker 2: So you went with Reagan. Reagan runs for reelection against Mondale in eighty four. Who'd you vote for? If you remember?
Speaker 4: What? Do you want to repeat that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Reagan then runs for reelection in nineteen eighty four and he smoked Reagan. So you're Reagan voted twice. Okay. So now it's nineteen eighty eight and Michael Dukakis, who's the governor of Massachusetts, is running against then Vice President George Bush. Do you remember who you voted for?
Speaker 4: George Bush?
Speaker 2: George Bush? Okay, along comes Bill Clinton and he's challenging incumbent George Bush. Who'd you vote for?
Speaker 4: Bush?
Speaker 2: Bush? Okay? Now it's nineteen ninety six. You voted for Republicans four times. It's nineteen ninety six. Bill Clinton is being challenged by Bob Dole, a war hero senator from Kansas.
Speaker 4: I voted for Clinton. Clinton.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you thought Clinton was doing a pretty good job and you went with Clinton. Now it's two thousand.
Speaker 4: And I think a lot has to do with the age of gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turn up, whatever, it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to get your trying to get your voting pattern here, I'm just trying to get you. I'm like a doctor. I'm trying to get your pattern. Okay. So now it's two thousand and George Bush's son is running against them, the incumbent Vice President Al Gore.
Speaker 4: I went with Bush.
Speaker 2: Bush back to the Republicans gave okay. Now Bush is running for re election against Massachusetts' own John Kerry Bush again, Bush again. Okay. Now, now it's two thousand and eight, and a fellow by the name of Barack Obama has.
Speaker 4: Come along and he's made Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: Barack Obama in two thousand and eight. What about four years later? Boy, rather Obama and Romney?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry Obama and what.
Speaker 2: And Mitt Romney was the Republican nominee in twenty twelve?
Speaker 4: Let me think about this. Uh No, I went I went with Obama again.
Speaker 2: So you okay, so you you liked Obama twice, you liked Reagan twice. A lot of people did that. Okay. So now it's twenty sixteen and it's Hillary Clinton going against Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm and it was Hillary and Trump. Yeah, And can I be honest with you on this one?
Speaker 2: Sure? I want you to be honest with him?
Speaker 4: A go ahead, I'm gonna tell you. No, I'm gonna tell you something. If I may, I want to. I want to have some input here on this. It was a big mistake to put Trump in, big mistake.
Speaker 2: Okay. So but who'd you vote for Trump?
Speaker 4: I hate to say it. I voted for Trump.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine. So now Trump goes up against Joe Biden. Last time, what you do?
Speaker 4: I went with Biden Biden?
Speaker 2: Okay. Now it's twenty twenty four, Joe Biden has left the race, and you got Trump and Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, you're gonna vote.
Speaker 2: You're going to vote for Harris? You're on decided.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna go with Harris.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well we just figured it out. What what is that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Your vote is much more an anti Trump vote than it is a pro Harris vote.
Speaker 4: Uh, you're correct in that assumption.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, That's fine. And what is the single most important is that the economy? Is that the border? Is it abortion? Is it immigration? What is the single I.
Speaker 4: Think I think it's a combination of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Enough.
Speaker 4: I think the immigration is a very important issue. I think women have a right to choose what they want to do. But I really feel stroggling about this. People have to be more responsible for their actions and if they do something bond, they have to stand up. And there was a time we had Hillary and Trump when we had this allocate. We had this altercation at an event, and nobody took the time to say stand down. And honestly, I've just seen too much with Trump. Haven't worked in the federal government for a while protecting dignitaries.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And I have a friend whose son is a Secret Service agent and they're trained to take the hit just like I was thirty five years on the job, and for him to put his hand up in defiance, it would have been like Kennedy with a second shootout. But I'm going to go one more with you, and I can never forgive him being connected to the military and my uncle. My uncle was in the Korean War and that was a photo op with Kim jongle because his father took care of my uncle for three and a half years and he came home and as a disabled veteran, he lost all his feeling. And the bottom line is, you want somebody to take charge. You want somebody to defend freedom for what it is, no matter where it goes, not cut deals with dictators.
Speaker 2: All right, John, you are definitely I told you I would figure out who you go to vote for. You are a Harris voter, primarily an anti Trump voter, but you're going to vote for Harris. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: I can I make one last point if I make.
Speaker 2: Real quickly, because I'm way past my breakup. I've really enjoyed the call, but I'm break Here's.
Speaker 4: My last point, Dan, I'm going to be running for office in Norfolk County and I will be a Republican, but I'm going to be more responsive in serving the people. They don't serve me. I serve them, and I want you to think and see who makes their the hop as a Republican taking McDermott out, and that is it, and I in tonight and have a good night. Yeah, I don't know who McDermott is, so I'm not sure what he's a president sheriff who has no confidence from the peoples.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well and I'll let you go. Yeah, I'll let it go on that because i'm i'm I'm I'm kind of blind to that race. Thanks, John, I appreciate you call. So there is there is an undecided voter claimed to be undecided. He is going with Harris. Let's open up these phone lines. Six one seven two thirty six one seven nine. Did the Democrats diss Joe Biden last night by not allowing him to speak until eleven thirty East Coast time? I think they did. And if you're an undecided voter, I love to talk with you. I won't go through all of your voting pattern, but I'll be able to figure out who you're going to vote for in my opinion, that's my opinion. Join the conversation. We got wide open lines. We're going to talk about this until midnight. Trust me back after.
Speaker 1: This now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Night Side studios.
Speaker 2: On w b Z the news radio, or let me go to Connor from Hingham and Connor, I can always hold you ove if we don't finish the call, you go right ahead, Connor, Welcome. How are you Jared?
Speaker 4: How are you Dan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. You ever called the show before?
Speaker 7: I think a few years ago I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, I didn't remember the name Connor from Hingham? What's on your mind tonight? Connor?
Speaker 7: So I've been thinking about how every election cycle, you know, it's always made out to be like this is a turning point, this is such a critical election. That's what the politicians always say. I personally really feel that twenty twelve was a major turning point election and the country made the wrong choice by not electing Romney because if he had been elected, he would have saved the economy that was floundering under Obama. I know, Obama had the worst recession recovery, and I think in American history the growth rate was very low. Romney would have basically all the good policies that Trump did. Romney would have enacted years earlier, but you know, without the horrifically divisive rhetoric that you know, just tears the fabric of the country apart. I think when Obama had another unsuccessful term, that meant that a large portion of the country was all of a sudden in a position where they could be, you know, vulnerable to going along with someone like Trump, and I think the other half of the country, a lot of them started deering further left word towards socialism, because you know, I think that happens when people get scared and they feel like the economy is not working for them, they might be more inclined to trust big government. But yeah, i'd be interested in your thoughts on that. How different the country would be today if we had had been so lucky to have a Romney presidency.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, to be really honest with you, and I can't give you a real quick answer because we're up against it. Can I hold you through the ten o'clock news and I'll take you right at the top of the hour?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, I'd love to try to answer that question. We'll be back with Connor from Hingham and if you'd like to join the conversation, we're talking on politics from now until midnight. There's no question about that. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty got some open lines, feel free. I eventually want to talk about the Democrats last night, and did they diss Joe Biden. I think they did. I know they dissed James Taylor. We'll be back after this