Speaker 1: M dire wave. The scientific method cannot justify the scientific method. Therefore itself is a dogmatic.
Speaker 2: Reser subsisions.
Speaker 3: Still stop.
Speaker 2: Stop stop, stop, stop stop stop, stop stop stops, let's stop stop stop, let's stop.
Speaker 4: Stops insteads insens extends stood stock stop stocks stone and stop stone stops stop on stocks stop stocks stop stop ships, sis, SIS.
Speaker 2: SIS S.
Speaker 5: S S stud.
Speaker 1: The Brazenski model, the technocraft model, is much more interested in the incremental slow, killed babing an approach to bring technocracy into being. So they're not going to send homeland security troops to round you up and put you in a FEMA camp.
Speaker 6: They'd much rather remote everybody being in video games, the Disney.
Speaker 1: Gulog, the virtual reality gulog, all this kind of stuff is in much better FEMA camp in your home. They don't need the FEMA camp. It's it's too messy, it's a big ordeal, and it's all the nonsense of all the patriot crap on the radio.
Speaker 7: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: They don't need to the shadow of the global government is already here. And as we said that it's in the latter stages of the mopping up process to move it into the next phase, i e. Between two ages of the next page.
Speaker 6: Once you have atheism, there's not really any foundation. Anything can come and uplish.
Speaker 5: Insish fish ship splash ash ash ash welsh ash ash lash ships ships storms shsh ash ash ash rash ash ash mash.
Speaker 1: Ash throughout the course of philosophy. We can see in history when you divorce anthropology from this kind of a revealed framework that we're going to talk about, what you get is basically disaster, and you get things like reductionistic materialism and so forth that ultimately wipe out the notion of where it is to be human person. And when there's no notion of a human person, than things like free will, delition, these all all the way by the wayside, because they're ultimately a looser. If the world is a determined materialistic process, then free will is a laser, and so is consciousness.
Speaker 2: H mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Thirty thousand chatnirks, thirty thousand chat nerds, thirty thousand can.
Speaker 2: You hear me, nurse?
Speaker 1: Forty thousand of you live? Thirty thousand chaps yourself nerds are we.
Speaker 3: Lyve said nothing?
Speaker 5: And students sent.
Speaker 3: S s S S S s.
Speaker 5: S h s s s s s s stut s s s s s s s s s s.
Speaker 2: S s s.
Speaker 7: S s s.
Speaker 5: S distant sus sus s s schemes.
Speaker 7: There you got a.
Speaker 1: Bargain day her.
Speaker 7: Yes, a right.
Speaker 2: H m hmm.
Speaker 1: If only your antics were live. Ah, there we go.
Speaker 7: Let me make yours.
Speaker 1: So you can once again be a star like you want to be.
Speaker 8: Star. That's all I got. I'm a big, bright, shining star. What's that?
Speaker 1: What movie is that?
Speaker 4: From?
Speaker 1: What Bogie Nights?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't even remember that.
Speaker 8: Hear that? It's like I'm a star. I'm a big right shining star. It's got like this crazy mom. That's actually a decent movie for being such a big getre.
Speaker 1: There we go. Now we can see beautiful glowing faces. I can never get the light right in here.
Speaker 8: The thing is, no matter how much you wipe the camera, you can't wipe the ugly at.
Speaker 1: It you know you're talking about on your screen?
Speaker 8: Ooh, burn, what's happing?
Speaker 1: Make sure I got the right crap turned on here? Multi output? Yeah, there we go. All right, we finally got it going. I'm always late as usual. You can always count on me to be consistently late, with Madman Tristan joining us two hundred and eighty nerds as we start to Night's break down. He's losing it, Tristan. The vegans are triggered this week, dude, this.
Speaker 8: Has been like, this is probably one of the most hardcore vegan triggering weeks ever and we didn't We only talked to that guy for like less than two minutes. He didn't even debate. But there's still miss man. It's like a like we you know, swatted a wasp's nest or something they're swarming, and.
Speaker 1: He's tagged you like every day, like ten times a day, and everything he posts this.
Speaker 8: Has to remind me how much he owned me, right, Like, that's why he That's why he hasn't tagged me twenty times and dm me constantly twitter tagging. I blocked him on Twitter and Instagram, so I was just sick of the tagging and the DM But yeah, yeah, I'm not really sure what his narrative is now. But I haven't watched any of his videos, but I think he's made about three videos in the last few days. I think there's he's done like ten hours of streaming about our well, like ten minutes that he was even on my live stream.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe he did a six hour stream immediately after leaving our little tip protect like, you don't have nothing else going on that you're going to spend six hours talking about the ten minutes that we interacted. And you said that that a logic, that a informal fallacy is not a logical fallacy, which is pretty funny.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I don't get it, man. You did it. You ask him if he had any education. He basically said no.
Speaker 1: Uh, I googled.
Speaker 8: I googled it.
Speaker 1: He literally said, he googled it.
Speaker 8: I googled something, dude. I that was one of the strangest encounters I've had with a vegan yet. And the fact that he was so he was so adamant that he wanted to come and debate me, and he was taunting. He made like three taunt videos and I was I didn't even watch the top videos. I was gonna watch them with him so we could respond to like whatever, you know, straw Man. He tried to pull yeah, but he didn't. He didn't even want to bring an argument. I don't I don't really understand, but I guess what I'm seeing from the vegan comments after the fact, is the narrative that's being woven is we pushed that we were so scared of Ask yourself. We were just so afraid of the.
Speaker 1: Debate that we were scared.
Speaker 8: We're so scared even though we've already debated, ask yourself. And he's been begging for he's been begging for a rematch for what two years now, ask yourself? And that's because he knows he won, right, you beg for a rematch and because you know you won. But yeah, what was I gonna say? There was a Oh, the narrative seems to be that I'm getting from the vegans. The message seems to be that I'm bald, bald man bad seems to be the main argument, and the other arguments are I muted him in our debate. We didn't even debate. I muted him because he was saying nothing, and he kept saying, oh, well, so you're cooking out, You're gonna cook out, You're gonna woos out, and I'm just like, dude, you're fucking muted. So anyways, I was muting him even though we weren't even debating. And I guess that was that that made me lose the debate that didn't even happen. The delusion is just next level right now. I don't really know how to keep up, but it's exciting, you know. I'm glad to be on their minds. We got some super fans. It seems most of my super fans are from the vegan the vegan world. But yeah, we'll see what happens maybe.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 8: I did three nights in a row of open lines and not a single vegan called in.
Speaker 1: I thought you call in, didn't you have one?
Speaker 8: You're right one? But she was really cool.
Speaker 1: She was okay. By the way, thank you for that fat super chat you did the last stream. I was starting to get a really neck crick headache going as kind of part of the reason I cut that stream quick. I did some other things that had to go do, but just testing it out. Look at that. That was that last super chat we got from old Trist himself.
Speaker 8: Good old Trists, old bald ass Trist.
Speaker 1: And bald as Trist And who is nutrient nutrient deficient from his meat serial killer Hannibal elector diet Yes, and all the vegans are buff and.
Speaker 8: Strong and vegans No, there's no, it was amazing. Is there's no such thing as about vegan right, there's not not a single.
Speaker 1: I mean Herrench one inch herbivor. I keep calling him inch herbivor, but that may be construed as a penile attack. But one INTIVORTI war. He has a bald head as far as I could tell, I mean maybe.
Speaker 8: No, no, but that's but no, that's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And also doctor Gregor right there, Uh, that's different. That's uh, that's from nutrient optimization and high testoster minds from cholesterol and lack of lack of veganism and lack of logic, lack of love and denial of science. Right that these are the arguments that you have.
Speaker 1: You have hannibal le tourism in you.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 1: I got the elect electarian, I.
Speaker 8: Got that the meat.
Speaker 1: They like the.
Speaker 8: I don't know at this point. I will wait it out and we'll see if these people want to call in. I mean that that did still welcome, will come on. Whatever that fact's name was listening vegan logic after his real name. But he's welcome to come on. You can come and debate anytime, like I do, open do open, what's called open lines. I'll do another open lines probably next weekend. So any any vegans, you guys want to come in, you guys want to debate, or if it's just you know, friendly.
Speaker 1: The girl, the girl that we were laughing at calling Marina Abramovic's Marinka Abronkovich's daughter. She messaged me, but Jinaka had messaged me too.
Speaker 8: She she emailed me and she came on.
Speaker 1: She was the one who came on. Is she the one that came on?
Speaker 8: Yeah? She was. Actually she was actually pretty cool, like she was, uh, she was mellow. We talked about I mean, I disagree with her. I think she's kind of illusional about some things. I think she's completely wrong about a lot of things. No, she was not psychotic, and she was was she was amiable and she could have a conversation, right, So she got more balls than lifting vegan logic. Which the way that he did it was just so funny. The way he did that. This dude knew damn well that we are never like, we're not about to debate. Ask yourself again unless there's some extreme circumstance to make it extra worth it and extra entertaining. But there's no point in it, right, and he's not welcome here. I know he's been stalking you for two years.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 8: I had to block him on YouTube, Instagram, I think Twitter as well, just because the incessant tagging and trying to challenge me to rematches. So what's his face? New that we weren't about to have ask yourself on yet he brought him. Anyways, I just thought it was funny. It's kind of like when like a you know, like sixth grade or something.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 8: It's like he's like he picked a fight and then trying to bring his big brother to the fight. But his big brother is a giant pussy also, so it's it's kind of, yeah, it didn't really work out.
Speaker 1: Mine than you.
Speaker 9: It's wide and it's strong, gut.
Speaker 10: I go.
Speaker 1: Inch King war. By the way, shout out to Mark Passio.
Speaker 8: Shout Mark Passio. When you when you're coming on, man, that's that's the next one. Let's get the Mark Passio debate.
Speaker 1: Mark. Come on.
Speaker 8: We know you're you're huge fans, uh, come on you. We can debate your natural law or free Masonic law, or your great work or your widow's son's peak or whatever. It's a great work on the widow's peak of your widows son's peak or your uh, you can bring your two ball cane and your I don't know you can. You can even wear your cute little skirt thing, your gay little skirt where you have your holies of holies underneath it, as you call it. You got your two bull cane underneath that.
Speaker 9: That's a two ball candy. Okay, you know you you have no idea how.
Speaker 8: Strong I am on a vegan dying.
Speaker 9: I want to find out.
Speaker 8: Come on, dude, be best discovery ever. Though, maybe we should just watch that right now. Mark Passio's got a band.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can play his musical copyright strike.
Speaker 8: You can't copyright strike. If you play his music, it's not copyrighted.
Speaker 1: But if you play somebody's clip, they can let it be known.
Speaker 8: That Jaydre is afraid to play.
Speaker 9: But let it be the Jay.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm aggressive. I'm a Passio, aggressive.
Speaker 8: Male Passio the bomb. I don't know the I don't really see any other vegan debates on the horizon. There's no legitimate debaters out there in the vegan world. Like their best thing is vegan game and ask yourself. They think that that's like the cream of the crop.
Speaker 1: So you know, Tristan, really, when I was able to google a little bit and I ran a bunch of scientific papers and I realized that they're pure reviewed, and then I just signed that I had an only fans account. It was just sitting there, and so didn't he put his junk on only fans? Now?
Speaker 8: He did? He did? I mean that's according to a screenshot of Twitter.
Speaker 1: H no, I'm talking about you did it wrongs video. I'm gonna go look at began gains is vegetables.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I have Fortunately I have not seen it yet, but he had not yet, but I don't plan on seeing it at all. But yeah, I guess he did. He's he's gone next level. He's got full social media fentanyl on it. He's up on the only fans. Oh man, I just imagine. I can't imagine doing that.
Speaker 1: I think that you kind of got to the bottom of it when you've met many times the fact that a lot of the people who grew up that age of the millennial and younger, they have been just raised on devices and so everything is on the table, everything is normalized basically.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, then even the social interactions are just so fake, and I mean, imagine, so we pulled that vegan on the other day up until the ask yourself to backle and then the stupid Weasley games he tried to play. When that happened, I would say we were pretty dang kind to him, and you know, I was asking him questions, trying to get him loosened up. But he's just sitting there looking around, looking at his phone. That that's I mean, I think he's like twenty two, twenty one years old. He's really young. That's that generation man, Like half of that generation are just zonked, just zonked, pilled out, nothing in their head except vanity pride, and it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Sad man and the never ending quest to become a Nissa Leb.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well it was funny. I made fun of him because he he had that little faded beard. He had this like Jersey shore, you know, like took him three hours to trim his beard. I made fun of him, but then he he tried, he tried to. I guess he interpreted as I was talking about his hairdoo, and he was very adamant at pointing out that my lack of hair, right so the bald man bad. So I just it's so funny to me, how like the arguments are basically new. It's just it's just you're baldman bad, You're bad, You're a murderer, and that's it. I I don't know, I don't know what other vegans are there.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I had a similar experience this week too with the attempt at trying to organize debates with Roman Catholics, Taylor Marshall's former co Hounk co Honk. I like co I like co Honk better than co host.
Speaker 8: I'm here with my co hunk j co Honk like honkler like like a honky.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tim Gordongu, excuse me, Gordon, not gordong. Tim gordong Uh was talking smack and initially wanted to do a debate and said, give me four months. I said four months to do a debate. I said, dude, I'll debate this week. No, I want four months. So, as I was pondering, all right, I might do this, then he upped the ante and he says, no, it must be four months, and then must be in person, and you must fly to random Middle America city and if you don't, you're scared. So this is dubai.
Speaker 8: We're gonna go a tag hashtag and if you don't show up, your scirit.
Speaker 1: So do you see the trick here, because so three Roman Catholics now have done this where it's with William Albrecht, Trent horn H and then now Timothy Gordong where they do this thing where they say, if you don't show up to what I've now up the anti to a in person debate, you have chickened out and you're scared. When initially the discussion was do you want the come on a live stream in the next week or two to a debate? No, no, no, it has to be four months or no oh wait no, now it has to be in person at some random Middle America city. So what they will do is float the idea, taunt you, and then when you don't agree to their ridiculous criteria of how oh it needs to be in person. Meanwhile, these people debate on YouTube streams all the time every day. I mean, we've been in a COVID lockdown where these people are debating every day on live streams, going on live streaming. Oh but they're too busy to do a debate unless it's in person four months from now, which is all just ludicrous. It's all hot air. And the only reason I bring all that up is this is exactly what Vegan Logic did, where he knew that we weren't going to interact with goofus and then, which is why when I called him out when.
Speaker 8: He's saying, oh, and I saw your debate with Vegan Games and that other person, and I specifically stopped and I said, what's the other person's name? Who's the other person? Yeah, I don't givenybody wants to go back and watch it. I specifically stopped at them when I said who, and he made I made him say his name. He said ask yourself, Oh okay, and then he brings them in. But it was it was pure, pure games. And as soon as as soon as it was over, he was already tagging me and trying to posture like he has somehow won some battle. It's like, dude, you can still come on a debate like there's there was no battle won by you. I mean, I guess maybe maybe there was no battle lost by you either, depending on who you asked. But you can just you can come back on, man. So I don't know, I think it's I think he's got a little narcissistic wound. I don't think he's ever debated anybody. He was really, I guess excited for some reason. He didn't bring an argument. It's like, you don't even have an argument. And he tried again the thing of oh, we prepared, we had a whole plan, did you how much did you? And I planned?
Speaker 1: Jay, I didn't planning anything at all, planned nothing except except me talk. And I was like, dude, I told her, I mean, in twenty years, I don't think I've heard a new atheist type of argument. I don't even remember the last time I've heard one that was.
Speaker 8: And the only conversation we had was I told you, you know what, I'm pretty sure he's gonna try to bring ask Yourself. That'd be really lame if he does. If he does, we'll just kick Ask Yourself and he can stay, or we can just you know, we we'll just keep streaming without the guys that they're going to play those gay games. And lo and behold, he did exactly what we predicted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew he was going to bring Ask Yourself because in the little bit of the videos I'd watched he was just repeating these kind of really basic level misunderstandings of the transcetal argument. He was like, you can't use Chenil argument because like you're just assuming the thing they're talking about, and so it's not approved. It's just asserting it. But do you notice when you listen to Big and Logic talk, he's he's a little like he's a little bit of another one of these people who maybe even seems to like he has autism and that he just kind of like he just sat there scrolling on the phone like this for like ten minutes.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, it was very strange.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you're gonna come to a debate and you got no arguments and you're not prepared to debate at all, and you can't even I thought you were lifting Vegan logic. I thought you had the points, how you had to talking points. You were gonna wreck me, You're gonna destroy me. You still you can still have a chance, dude, Like you can still come on and do it, even though you've been sperging out.
Speaker 1: They don't want to debate. They only want to have drama so that they can claim that you've pulled out of a debate. Is how many years have I organized public debates, debated top Muslims, top atheists, you name it. And then they're playing like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, and then now he's saying, oh well, I demanded debate on a neutral channel, A debate on a neutral channel.
Speaker 1: What's your response to that? Primal edge health? Why will you not debate him on a neutral channel?
Speaker 8: Why would Why would I write like I do? I do? How many streams a week? I've done five streams in the last like seven days. All those streams are three to four hours. Like three of those five streams I've opened up. I've done an open line zoom calls where anybody could call in right one vingan called in the whole time, one being called in. The rest were all friendlies and just people looking for some help. Why would I not do it on a so called visual platform? Why would Why would I? What do I have to gain from going into dating this nobody who's obsessed with me acting like a like a weird ex girlfriend in eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got three three thousand subs and he's literally tagging you like five times a day. It's weird.
Speaker 8: And his argument is now, Oh, I looked at your metrics and your channel. Your channel has very bad engagement. And if I had these many viewers exactly, I would have five billion views if I.
Speaker 10: Had as many of yours as you And your channel is not popular, and I'm more popular than you.
Speaker 8: And I looked at the back end, and you're not popular, but I'm popular as if as if the numbers have anything. You know, half of my audience tells me all the time that they get auto unsubscribed by YouTube. A lot of people who've been long term viewers and long term supporters and super chatters tell me, dude, I've been unsubscribed four or five times.
Speaker 1: I never getting because.
Speaker 8: It's like and but they're always revealing what they give a shit about. I want a bit popular. I'm more popular than you, Like, That's that's what they care about. They care about the attention, they care about the fake sense of clout, and they care about the fake ego game of the online world, which I don't give a shit about any about any of that. Like, I'll debate anybody, anyone, if you can come on. I'm not going to prep for any of your debates, right because the arguments stand on their own. So anyways, that's that's kind of I guess a good summary of the last week of vegan attacks online. Vegans, keep them coming, please.
Speaker 1: Videos our stuff. Tonight we got a nice fat super chat from Zach. Will read that here in a minute if you want to support the show. Of course, you know, stream labs is now the means by which we do the super chats, and uh that is the link there. And yes to the people in the chat. If you remember last year, this month was spook tober A Jason Aliso somebody covered quite a few spooky things and we had a lot of fun doing the Lost Boys and the whole Sexy sax Man. That's a that's gonna be, I think, a yearly, routine, yearly ceremony where we relive and replay and sing the Sexy sax Man Lost Boys stuff. I still believe we're not gonna do that tonight. Yes, that goofy song in the chat, But tonight we're gonna be talking about to my control classics ones that I've been waiting to get to for a long time. And there's nobody better to get to with than Tristan the Hannibal Lecter of the Carnosphere. Uh, and we're gonna be talking about Total Recall and Jacob's Ladder, So I think it would be fun to start with Do you want to start with the goofy or the serious?
Speaker 8: I'd rather I think I'd rather start with the serious than get into the goofy after because I and I've most recently watched it. Just watched Jacob's Ladder today and it's the first time with that scrip.
Speaker 1: Let me flip the script over to the heart.
Speaker 8: Flipping, we'd be script flipping, and I was. I was pretty surprised at how much they put in that that Jacob's Lack film. There's a lot revealed there, a lot of real stuff. It seems like the director was rather close to the material and uh and really cared.
Speaker 1: Well. This is so. I first saw this movie back when it came out around well, not when it came out, maybe around high school time. And uh, it was one of my introductions to m kiltra that and conspiracy theory with Mel Gibson. So, by the way, we're going to be doing more spooktober scary streams this week, including serial Killers, Antichrist movies, Uh, Mike ConTroll more my control movies because there's a ton of Minkel. There's like thirty Mike control movies. We'll do them all. But oh, one last weird point, UH shout out to uh the super fan. We'll call him Simon. And so I've been getting lengthy emails from from a mega encyclopedic film buff, Simon. I don't know who Simon is, but he's sent me some really awesome, in depth lists of movies that he uh thinks are really poignant in terms of conspiracy stuff, and they're real obscure. A lot of these are like seventies movies I've never heard of, but uh, he really put in the time to make this huge list of recommended movies. So I want to give Simon a shout out and let you know, Simon, whoever you are. Yes, we will comer, Comer, Coomer, we will coomber. We will cover some of those movies. I'm busted as I'm a coomber now because I said comer. We will cover not Coomer, some of those movies in the next several weeks. It's October. But at one last weird point about whoever Simon is, I was looking up these listed films and they just happened to be a famous director's favorite obscure films, quite a few of them. So is Simon a secret famous director? I mean it's probably not, but I like to entertain in my head that I'm getting fed, you know, movie recommendations from the top of Hollywood in terms of classic directors. I won't say who, but we'll we'll let it simmer as if that's the case. Maybe anyway, for sure, So somebody already dead, Yes, he's Kuber's not really dead. He's in hiding and he's he's going by the name of Simon.
Speaker 8: And he's his consciousness was uploaded into the cloud and that's what's contacting. The AI has become so advanced, the Kubrick is speaking through it.
Speaker 1: One thing that was neat about this that I do want to touch on. I'll let you kick it off on Jacob's ladder what you want to mention first. But I did not realize until this last view all of the literary and book references. So there's all of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all of that right.
Speaker 1: The beginnings pop up throughout the movie and they give you a big clue into what it's about. But I'll let you kick it off here. It's getting too dark in here. Look like a creeper in here in this dark room. I have to put some lights on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, I think Well, you mentioned literary illusions. One of the one of the first books that you see in it is he's reading He's reading The Stranger, yes, Albert, which is one of the most It's very postmodern The Stranger, you know, it's kind of an exploration of nihilism and postmodern bullshit existentialism and kind of like a tome on, well why not just kill your damn self? I mean, that's basically the theme of The Stranger is, well, you might as well just kill yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, So it's an artistic.
Speaker 8: Way, of course, because that's super artsy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an immediate, foreboding kind of image that lets us know where the movie is going to go, right, So we're already being told from the outset. You know, this is about death and suicide. So something's going on here with life and death. That's what the movie is about. And we don't know if we did he commit suicide? Is he dead? It's that it's not really about that yet, but it's just kind of giving you the the ominous impression that the movie is going to be about death. And by the way, I was looking up some of Adrian Lynn's other famous films. He's done a couple of those kind of crappy erotic dramas like Indecent Proposal, fatal Attraction type stuff, which Fail Attraction I think is kind of a famous movie. I'm not really into that kind of stuff. But he did this version to so Kubrick's Lolita, and then he did the Flashdance, which is an odd one, and Jacob's Ladder. So not a whole lot of esoteric precedent for Adrian Lynn films, but we do have over four hundred nerds tonight. Welcome everybody. You can support the show with super chests. But so nineteen ninety, this was a weird time in movies. We're getting towards the end of the eighties and the onset of the action hero, right, so this is when action hero movies are really going to kick.
Speaker 8: In nineteen ninety and both of these movies were nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was a weird year for movies. I mean, it's funny to watch Total Recall, by the way, and think about that being the big summer blockbuster. I don't know, I crack up, Like I think Total Recalls hilarious. Every time I watch it.
Speaker 8: I laugh more so funny.
Speaker 1: And to think that this was like the big summer blockbuster movie.
Speaker 8: Do you think people were laughing in the theater like.
Speaker 1: Now, No, I think people looked at it like it was, you know, an action blockbuster, right, so it was like, you know, whoa dude, Arnold kicking butt, you know that kind of a thing. Because scene, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I thought it was really interesting. The opening scene, it's kind of, uh, you have these these helicopters coming in and they're they're carting in. You can't really tell what it is that they're carrying. There's something that they're hanging below, and it's kind of this visual symbol of the fall almost right. I mean you have you have these helicopters coming down from the sky and then they're flying over this lake or you know, a body of water. You can see the reflection, and the reflection is a really big Windows are very big motif in this in the film. Reflections and windows and which is similar to the Total recall a lot of multi dimensional aspects to it. The question of whether or not this is a real reality Yeah, exactly like that matrix type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mirrors are mirrors are often associated with the psyche, So definitely gonna be relevant in both these movies. And I'll so I like the setting as Vietnam because if you remember the the Douglas Valentine book about the Phoenix Program, we think that, you know, perhaps there's something related to Phoenix program here and that will actually come up later. Now they don't mention dougas Valentine's book, but they do intimate and hint at it being the Phoenix Program, and not just that.
Speaker 8: It's a crazy scene. Like the first scene is nuts. I mean, there's these soldiers, they're hanging out, they're joking with each other, ra can lose jokes, and then all of a sudden they're engaged in a battle to get ambushed. But there's something else that happens. There seems to be some sort of like almost like an electromagnetic weapon type you think here, and they all start crying out.
Speaker 1: Later and they go into this kind of like disturbia, you know, kind of agitated, almost a possessed type of state, and we later find out that there was an experimental drug used called the Ladder. So Jacob's Ladder is actually a name for this experimental drug that the chemist will later say sends you straight down the ladder to the bottom pits of hell, namely the deepest parts of the psyche, where the most primal drives are rape, just pure rage and sort of demonic fervor. And that's why we would say, Okay, so this does fit into the Phoenix program, because the whole purpose of the Phoenix program, the real thing, was to create literal, sociopathic psycho serial killers, and they use Vietnam as this test bed to terrorize Via Kong. And then this is dreamt up by the Cia William Colby, I think, in the Valentine book. And then the you know, Dave mcgallan's thesis is that some of these guys may have come back to the US, and that's where we get some of these serial killers, is that they were perhaps involved in these kinds of programs anyway. But yeah, so we're watching Tim Robbins kind of meander about New York and go about his day and he's having these flashbacks, right, so we know that it's to do with drugs, and like Tristan said, he flashes back to this what we think is a traumatic experience that maybe in the past when he's you know, in Vietnam, and now it's you know, early mid eighties or sometime. It looks kind of eighties. I don't I guess it's supposed to be nineteen ninety, but they don't really sell say the date. It's just after his Vietnam period. But the first thing he sees after you see the Camu book is he looks on the wall and the subway and he's stuck in the Simpty subway and he tries to walk up a different exit and it's boarded up. He can't get out, so he's stuck in the underworld. And he looks over at this billboard and it says welcome to Hell, or you're in Hell, or New York as Hell.
Speaker 8: It's just as hell. He in something about drugs after a fire, and we'll see if I can find the hell here it is. I can't try hell. That's what life can be doing drugs. But it doesn't have to be that way. Help is available day or night.
Speaker 1: Drug So the drug reference makes it even more relevant because he's struggling with these these flashbacks. Because of this, we think this terrible you know, component, and then he sees these hobo demons. He sees a hobo demon with a tail. By the way, hobo demons comes up a lot, and you know, John Carpenter, David Lynch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we just talking about that. One of the other stream.
Speaker 1: He sees the train passengers as demons, remember this. He looks and he sees like demons and demonic faces in the in the train car that goes and they.
Speaker 8: Just kind of stare at him, right, they just kind of everything seems to be glaring at him and reflecting back in him. But then he keeps, he keeps switching up. He's he's super disorient He can't tell whether he's in a dream or reality, can't tell whether he's living in a flashback or living in the present time. And he's lost in time exactly.
Speaker 1: He's starting to dissociate and lose track of when.
Speaker 8: And where he is right and a lot of the dissociation is happening surrounding the relationship that he has with this woman, Jezebel, her jez But they have this interesting conversation about these biblical names. What do you think about that scene?
Speaker 1: Well, the movie is gonna be full of these biblical references. So I'm glad you mentioned that, because you know his name is Jacob, she's Jezebel. He makes a joke about Jezebel and kind of that she appears to be the evil woman who broke up or is somehow involved in this marriage split, right, because he's got an ex wife that we find out about. And then Tim Robbins has this picture of who Macaulay Culkin ironically, and he's lost his son, right, so we know he's been traumatized by both Vietnam and the loss of his on. So we know we're dealing with a guy who's going to damage traumatized psyche.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then we find out that this one, this woman that's in his life, this girlfriend is you know, intentionally referred to as Jezebel, as this evil figure, so she's got something to do with what's going on here. And he starts having these kind of weird freakouts that she's a demon or demonic, and it's almost like the names in the movie are going to start giving you clues to good guys bad guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's even a scene where they're at that party and he's drinking and he seems to go into a kind of a flashback that might have been triggered by the lights. So there's the strobing lights.
Speaker 1: And the strobing that that's what triggered him, you know, Yeah, so.
Speaker 8: The lights triggered him. So this this idea of multiple personality disorder, associated identity disorder, what do you want, whatever you want to call it, that was studied intensely during the m KL TRA days. You know, you and Cameron uh and his psychic driving experiments, monarch Inca.
Speaker 1: Search and Cay Delta. Yeah, they're all dealing without you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So and then he sees these demons copulating kind of like a similar to My Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Hunter Thompson's visions of you know, just lizards humping each other's his like tails going around his girlfriend's legs and stuff. And it's kind of a raunchy demonic sex scene there. And he's just he's haunted by this, and he keeps switching back and forth between his old family but he was that he had during the Vietnam War or before he went to Vietnam, and then this new girlfriend. But he's he's so fractured and confused, and it seems like he's searching for something when he's trying to figure out what's going on, but he's just lost in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hit it right there. So he's going to be on a journey, a soul journey. This is not going to be a journey that is temporal from beginning to end. It's a cyclical, archetypal journey of the soul through different experiences that are intended to cure and purge him. So we'll get to that here in a little bit. But the first what you mentioned is he sees an incubus. He sees which is a demon that sleeps with a woman, essentially controlling copulating with his girlfriend, Jezebel, And this is where he starts to think something's off, something is wrong. There are apparently demonic forces in his life that are causing and triggering and relating to these traumas. So he's seemingly beginning then to start question things, questioning spiritual things. And this is where we start noticing more interesting books popping up. The really weirdest of all, which I never noticed until this last viewing, was he has right by his bed the stack of books, one of which is a Crollian type of a magical text relating to planetary ritual magic. And it's called the Magical Philosophy Sword and Serpent, And this is a book about Kabbalistic philosophy relating to planets and the psyche and ritual magic. So oddly enough he's got that book. Right next to it is a book called The Savage God on a study of suicide in another book called Social Evolution. So right away we're getting a clue that this movie is going to be about the esoteric journey of the soul after death. This is very common in Gnostic traditions. And as I mentioned to you many times, Tristan, and actually this movie made me buy the book. I've just ordered Timothy Leary's commentary on the Tibetan Book of the Dead, which is where he describes the LSD trip as the Tibetan journey of the soul. It's the same experience, he thinks, and that's the key.
Speaker 8: To this movie now, in this film actually has a lot of similarities. I mean, at least journey has similarities to the film Enter the Void. Yeah, but that very hard to watch. I don't know if i'd recommend it. It's the cinematography is pretty crazy on that film. The lighting is great. The guy the guy who did the cinematography is the guy who did Spring Breakers. So it's got that like that really candy style, pastel style, bright neon stuff. I think I would recommend it, but it's very difficult to watch. It is disturbing as heck Entwer the Void, but it's a similar journey that he goes on, except this seems to be more kind of like Masonic and Catholic rather than Eastern. Right, it seems to be more the idea of purgatory is being excorrected.
Speaker 1: And now he will even come up because yeah, he as he's reading through all these texts trying to figure out what's going on, he actually reads Dante's Pergoccio correct.
Speaker 8: And then there's that other book he's got about witchcraft sitting on the on the table as well, right, it's like the Witches.
Speaker 1: Oh yes he does, he has a h and I'll look that book up too, And that is a book dealing with to husband and wife wickan couple called the Witch's Bible, The Sabots of Rights, sabots and rights of birth, death and marriage. And then he's got a book on demonology, and then he's got a book called Roots of Evil, and then he's reading through Pregassio. So all those books are clues telling us what it's going on in this film.
Speaker 8: And the funny now that this film actually does have similarities to spring Breakers as well, which is another one we covered. I think we did that on my channel. This like the weird, the strange, disjointed narrative, the dreamscape type narrative. I think that spring Breakers actually does have a lot of similarities to this as well, especially if you get to the end of spring Breakers and you realize what was really happening, what these little girls really are. They're literal demons in the film. Yes, so yeah, I didn't even think of that. Somebody mentioned spring Breakers in there, spraying break Forever.
Speaker 1: The basically riff raff character.
Speaker 8: Look at all my ship. I got scar Face on repeat, I got, I got, I got.
Speaker 1: If you guys like the streams that Tristan and I do, be sure to go back and watch our backlog. We've done like ten shows now, so we've got.
Speaker 8: Have to start our own. Like just Jay Interest in stream channel, we do. Half our episodes are with each other. Maybe maybe we should do a weekly thing like regular.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I get a lot of great feedback from me and you, mainly me, but it's a little bit of you. But that's okay.
Speaker 8: I get mostly feedback about me. People say, well, then I even.
Speaker 1: Except that it's not even because I'm better, But that's fine. Gabriel, let's talk about Gabriel, because Gabriel is his chiropractor who fixes his things that are out of aligne now, alignment. This is chakra type stuff, right, So so when he's aligning Tim Robbinson's chakra, it's like opening up these trigger points, these trigger moments and the fixing of the spine. I mean, it has that Eastern chakra reference, but it also has a reference to Gabriel being this kind of guardian angel figure.
Speaker 8: He's basically he says, if anybody told you you're you're like an angel, like an angel, and he says to him, yes, all the time, you tell me that all the time, something like that.
Speaker 1: So guardian Angel appears to him in the form of yeah, this kind of character that that was a guy that he you know, confided in, looked up to a healing agent in his life. His chiropractor.
Speaker 8: But then he also gets triggered into a flashback when he when he cracks his neck throws him into another spiral.
Speaker 1: And the reason for that is that what we later find out is that Gabriel is telling him that, like, I need to fix and purge these areas of your life, because he says, you're attached and if you have these attachments when you die, it's going to torment you. And so you need to be purged of these attachments so that you can move on and not be tormented. And so he says this really interesting phrase that the the demons that are tormenting you are actually for your good because they're doing this in the long run to purge you from these attachments. And of course we find out that his attachment is well, he has many attachments, but the main one is that he won't let go of the death of his son.
Speaker 8: Well, he says, it's kind of a relativistic philosophy that he that he portrays too of almost like, oh, everything is one kind of thing of you. It's just what did he say? I think he says, it's all on how you look at it, right, It's kind of like it's all just like how you look at it. It could be angels, it could be demons. It's all just a matter of perspective.
Speaker 1: Man, that's true. Unfortunately, the film does kind of air and fall over into the side of the far Eastern version of things. But I would recommend for those that are interested just to kind of tie in the Orthodox element to it, is that if you read Father seffrom Rose the book The Soul after Death, he will actually talk about there are some similarities with the Tibetan Book of the Dead and the Orthodox conception of what happens after death, and so he will cover this kind of how we conceive of that there is a journey of the soul after death and what's called the toll houses and this kind of stuff. So in a way you could understand this as a toll house film. I mean, obviously, again it's kind of paganized and it's not exactly our view. But the rough idea here is correct that there were some purgations that he needed to undergo in his afterlife experience.
Speaker 8: And his son, I don't think you mentioned this. The son is Macaulay.
Speaker 1: Culkin, that is weird, who even claims to have undergone like mind control. I mean, I'm not saying his clums are true.
Speaker 8: I don't know, but did he say that? I mean I saw, yeah, I mean, may have.
Speaker 1: Just been looking for attention. I don't know, but I think he's had.
Speaker 8: Holy Culchan got real weird the last couple of years. I don't know, if you've seen his his website, podcast and stuff. Yeah, yeah, lots of very very strange symbolism there. He was on Joe Rogan. It was odd to the least. Remember that he's been through some tough times, man. But yeah, I don't know. It's just something about McAuley culchan that is very sad, right seeing him as a little boy, it's it's really sad, like he just he looks to me like somebody who's dealing with a lot of pain at that young age. I think he might be five or six years old in the film here. Yeah, just looks like a really abuse little child.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: And I can't I don't know. I got a son who's four years old right now. So it's hard to see that these little kids in Hollywood getting passed around in these films and stuff and hanging out with these creepers, and who knows what's going on on these sets. But especially when you have these monster films and ship like that, where there you have kids doing scenes that they're acting out and ritually involved in scenes that are are things that they should never be exposed to. And these actors, as young children child actors, are being exposed to sexuality, They're being exposed to hyper violence. It's even like these crazy animatronic monsters in the nineties and eighties films. These little kids are being traumatized on these sets. And yeah, I think I think that's something a lot of people don't think about when you watch these children in these films.
Speaker 1: I wondered about that too, Like what if I mean, we know that there's instances where films, film studios, production houses have been used as fronts, cover operations, cutouts, and then conceivably also for trafficking drug I mean, well they have been for good cover for trafficking drugs and then perhaps other things as well, Like you're mentioning, that's definitely bizarre.
Speaker 4: Parents.
Speaker 8: No parents in southern California know what they're doing when they bring their kid to Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good point. Yeah, And some of those documentaries.
Speaker 8: About an empire. And I didn't grow up in La but San Diego on an inland empire. There's still, you know, kids who feed into that system and it's a it's a strange world. And the parents are the ones who are complicit.
Speaker 1: They're complicit. There's a one of those documentaries, the one that was about Hollywood that came out two years ago. You know what I'm talking about, THEO wanted from the Hollywood stuff that they suppressed. It came out two years ago. So so Spotlight is and that the one about Recallolic Church, and then there's the one about Oh yeah yeah. But in that one they raised that question that you're making about how it would appear that the parents are complicit as well. Absolutely, there's somebody in.
Speaker 8: The Iris's dad. That's a weird situation, man, Philly Ray Cyrus, And I mean, I don't know. Maybe he was just a country bumpkin and he didn't know what his daughter was getting into. Did you watch the did you watch the Miley Cyrus Joe Rogan conversation.
Speaker 1: I saw about ten or twenty minutes of yeah, where she was talking about the diet stuff. I watched that whole clip.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, yeah, there's the I don't know, it's an interesting glimpse into you know, a Hollywood child actor.
Speaker 1: And I watched you cover it as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's just her voice, man, the chick's voice.
Speaker 1: Guys in the chat, what's that documentary a couple of years ago on Hollywood.
Speaker 8: And Creepers, Open Secret? There's open that's it?
Speaker 1: Thank you? So yeah, checked that one out, but.
Speaker 8: So in a few scenes. But it is very It's striking just seeing his face, little bags under his eyes, a pale, blondhaired boys. Just I don't know, it just looks like he's about to cry. It looked it didn't seem like exactly.
Speaker 1: The the movie. One reason for the similarity to the LSD trip is could be argued.
Speaker 8: That this, Yeah, Rick Strassman tried to claim that and was never able to prove it. It's a conjectured was never able to prove that. But we do know that the body makes d MT, but we don't know how it metabolizes it. We don't know much about it, and they postulated that it was the pineal gland that was producing it. They never proved it, and the book was written by maybe we should do an episode on this but the book by Rick Strassman DMT, the Spirit Molecule. If you look at the inside jacket cover, it was the research was sponsored by a little known organization that maybe some of you have heard of, called the Scottish Rite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, I didn't know that. Wow, okay they wanted to do. Let's do. I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm gonna get that. I got that Tim Larry book coming on, the Tibetan Book of the Dead and LSD, and then I'll read that and then we'll cover that Spirit Molecule thing.
Speaker 8: Sweet man. I'll try to get a copy of that book too. I'll see if I can't find a PDF of it. If anybody out there has a pdf of I'm sure it's online, I'll be able to find it. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's famous book.
Speaker 8: But we should do that book. And what's another psychonaut sir?
Speaker 1: Another sucking book? Well, I have not actually read any Tim Learry, so I mean, other than the essay and the couple of books that I've got a couple.
Speaker 8: Of Tim Leary, we could read that book and then we can look at a few video clips or something too, or like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Know what we need to do, Dude, I know that the Psycho not Book. Do either of Robert Anton Wilson's books Lu super Rising or that other one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've read that he's got pictures in his books too, so my low IQ can read them. I'll be able to read them.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can find a picture book version of Just a little bit of a reminder. I'm going to be live at the Tampa Bay Screams Horror Convention. This is a decent sized convention with a rowdy troop of rascally b movie actors and others who will be there as well. I will be giving a lecture that evening, a dinner lecture that is separate from the convention, but we will also be at the convention and I will be presenting the Dark Secrets of Horror Films presentation. So join me tonight that night. Excuse me, January nineteenth, in Tampa Bay. Get your tickets below this audio. In the show description, you'll see the links to head on over to the checkout and it's going to be a lot of fun. The first thirty people, i think it's almost full, already have their free copy of Esoter Hollywood reserved for them and of course they'll be signed copies and other things like that as well the other books. So get your tickets now January nineteenth, that's eleven days the Tampa Bay Screams Horror Convention. The entire book for you.
Speaker 8: That'd be really nice. You could just summarize it for me.
Speaker 1: That's what I did for a living trist in the summarized books for people, so I could do that fan too.
Speaker 8: I really love I love the tone that you you speak to me and when you when you tell me that it makes me feel like a big Welcome everybody.
Speaker 1: We got four hundred and thirty five nerds in the live chat tonight. We got a few super chats. I'll cover those in a minute. Thank you for those super chests. Please support the stream by the super the super labs, the stream labs link that our friends keep incessantly posting in the chat. We gotta, we gotta and come over.
Speaker 8: To my channel when I stream too. Man, we're getting like two hundred.
Speaker 1: By the way, to trist I share your stuff on Twitter and everywhere, and the Alga. The Algo is not being nice to Tristan, by the way, it's not being nice to make don't.
Speaker 8: Blame the Algo people just don't like my ship. Come on, no, I know that there's I know that there's like at least a couple of billion people watching my streams. I know the numbers are big. They're trying to suppress. There's pretty much half the population of the world too. He's under them. The trimalge Health screams to talk about these degenerate things we see spreading thular culture.
Speaker 1: The one thing about here's the thing I didn't understand about the movie. Maybe you could enlighten me on this one. So he meets up with that guy with the creepy, chunky dude. He's like, hey, remember me, I'm Paul your you know company buddy war buddy guy. By the way, I'm going to hell. The demons are after me. So he's like, come meet me at a bar. I'm going to Hell. And then we start to think, Okay, maybe Jacob is on his dissent. You know, he's kind of going deeper and deeper into hades and that the dude that he meets up with is like, Hey, I've been looking into Christianity, but it doesn't seem to help me. You know, I've got this necklace and I've got a bible, but it's not helping me. And then he walks outside and his car blows up. I don't understand. And then you know Jacob is trigger. He sees a quarter. He tries to pick a quarter and that's what keeps him from getting in the car. The quarter flies away and the car blows up. I still don't understand this scene.
Speaker 8: I think it has something to do with the nonlinear thing that remember they talked about there was a character that was mentioned earlier in the film who died because his car exploded. I remember this. I think it was within the first twenty minutes. And he asked him about character. There's a character.
Speaker 1: Oh, so they're killing people that are associated with the company because they might talk about in Keld.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not sure if it was one of his buddies or if it was a doctor. I think that No, it's his doctor, right, wasn't in his doctor? Like he went in and tried to find his doctor, and they said, the guy tells me he's dead, you know, he's dead man, And he's like, what happened is his car exploding? And he's like what And he tries to go see the doctor. And the nurse pulls off her hat and there's this big like growth thing on the back of her head. Yeah, and it looks like and then the doctor comes out. He's like, what are you doing here? Hey, the doctor's not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's angelot right. So she's a demon right or or she.
Speaker 8: Was, you know, had some sort of mk ultra mind chip it or or both.
Speaker 1: I think it's supposed to be a horn. So he's seeing people with horns and tails.
Speaker 8: And I thought it was a like a scar, like a weird looked like a cancerous growth like this tumor coming at her. Don't but I think it had something to do with that, Like maybe it was a nonlinear h representation of what happened there. And he was seeing the doctor get blown up.
Speaker 1: I see. And so then he then he starts thinking that. He starts getting more paranoid because his buddies who are going to sue the government for mk ultra abuse, and they go to George. George Costanza is going to be his lawyer, and he's like, you don't have a case. You don't have you know, you don't got nothing, and so he freaks out and then all of his buddies. You know, they basically disown him and they don't have anything to do with him. So now he's getting super paranoid and he thinks, h you know, they're going to kill me. And the lawyer says, I looked into you. You were discharged for psychological issues after wargames in Thailand. And he's like, no, that's a cover story. That's not what happened to me. We were experimented on in Vietnam.
Speaker 8: Yep, I would say what I think. One of my favorite scenes is the revelation of what happened, like when he's speaking to his friend, his old war buddy, the hippie guy, and he starts to tell him his story about how he was arrested for producing LSD. He went to Rikers Island. Government approached him and told him, if you go to Vietnam and you work for us, we'll commute your sentence or we'll basically you won't have to serve any time. We just need you to come and work with us and do some of your chemistry. So he went, and what happened was, he says, he was involved in experiments trying to find the absolute worst, most powerful psychotomimetic drugs that will break the psyche of the user and put them in a state as you mentioned, of absolute primal terror and fear, and that was the latter was mentioned at that point. But this was I mean full on kind of MK Ultra motif here when he talks about this, especially the you know, the compartmentalization of it, the getting compromised people, right, the using using compromised criminals as intelligence assets. All of these tie in and these are very important as far as espionage geopolitics goes with blackmail and keeping people quiet, right, and you want people who are compromised to be working under you if you're doing experimentation like they were doing and that they mentioned in this film. And yeah, so it was basically this guy got got recruited to be an MK ultra doctor and experiment on soldiers in Vietnam using her drugs.
Speaker 1: And then we find out that this drug BZ, this is an actual thing that was tested on the soldiers. So the film is referencing a psycho psychoto mimetic chemical weapon known as b Z, which is a psychoactive agent that's supposed to cause this descent into the primal you know, regions of the psyche or whatever. So now we get the explanation of what the ladder is. And if you don't know, of course, this is from Genesis when Jacob is wrestling with the Angel of the Lord the Logos, and he well, right before he wrestles, he sees this angel, and he sees the ladder descending and ascending. He sees angels descending and descending on this ladder. And then if you read John one, Jesus says that I'm the latter that was me that was wrestling with Jacob. And so it's this means by which one goes from heaven to Earth. Here it's kind of inverted, and it's the ladder that will take you the other way down to Hades. If you've seen the icon of Saint John Clemichus famous Orthodox icon, you'll notice it's the ladder that's got people climbing the ladder, and then the demons are trying to pull people off of the ladder. So again it does touch on kind of Orthodox thought and imagery here. But I'm glad Tristan mentioned the mk lt stuff because of course this is even though the film is not ultimately about Mkultra, it is dealing with that and exposing that to a degree, and particularly the probably the Phoenix program because we find out that they dosed the soldier's food and then the soldiers ended up going ape and basically cannibalized and went nuts on each other. So they were going crazy. They went and they just went into total like you know, possessed mode, and that that Jewish hippie chemist guy, it's pretty funny. He was cracking me up. He was like, like, uh if if Seinfeld was a psycho not, It's like, yeah, you know, we we we did what we could. You know, we did what we came. What was I supposed to do? You know, they they got me, you know, what are they supposed to do? It's like Woody Allen mixed with uh, I don't know, like a young, less weird looking wood and then he yeah. So then they're stuck. Then we think, well, is he stuck in hell? Because he goes through is this where he has like his worst That was the creepiest part of the movie is do you remember when he was in like the deepest part of hell and he's like on the the operating table.
Speaker 8: And that creepy doctor is like and his girlfriend's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, friend is the doctor of the torture woman. He's like, give me a.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was that was a very That was a pretty disturbing scene.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: That's one of the scenes when he's walking through the hospital, when they're wheeling him through the hospital. The cinematogra cinematography is really good. There's no like, I don't know, I like these old films better, even total recall.
Speaker 1: Man like yea, even Goofy nineties movies are better than the ones to Die there's.
Speaker 8: Better, Like, the visual effects are better in Goofy nineties movies. John Carpenter's visual effects are better than stupid Avatar and all this gay stuff with the I'm not a big fan of the CGI that they've got lately.
Speaker 1: No Illinois. But so before we finish with this, one last point I wanted to make with Jacob's letter and to ask you is so, Eventually, as you can imagine, he does let loose his attachment to his dead son. He overcomes all that, and then he kind of has this experience of going home. He leaves the weird girlfriend Jezebel woman, goes back presumably to what he thinks his home, and this is really Then the staircase, which represents the ladder to heaven. So he's ascended from the ladder in the pits of hell, and now he's going back up the ladder to heaven and he's he's basically saved. And then we find out your last scene that all of the movie was like the point of his death, so his whole life and even perhaps had he made bad decisions, Like he's even living out kind of what had happened, bad decisions that he made, re experiencing them, and it's the soul being then purified to move on to the next state.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I think the I don't know's it's not like it's an uplifting film when you when you hear you, when you hear you say it, it's kind of like, oh that's kind of nice. Doesn't feel like that when you watch it.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's a very yeah, disturbedil it's a disturbing.
Speaker 8: Film, disturbing and bleak and dark film. And I mean, what do you expect from Hollywood?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: It's a There are some aspects of it that are redeeming. The acting is really good.
Speaker 1: It's a.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't watch it.
Speaker 1: I mean, setting aside the moral critiques of Hollywood. I think it's a really well done movie.
Speaker 8: It's I think it's great it would you watch it again?
Speaker 1: I've watched it like ten times since it came out. Yeah, it's one of always had just because I thought it was a relevant movie. But it's not like I don't like it's hard to watch. In any movie, that's hard to watch even if I like it, like inl An Empire, I'm not gonna watch it a lot, but maybe every four or five it's one of those movies, and maybe every four or five years I'll go back to it, but not a lot. You want to move on to total recall. By the way, it's worth noting that Jacob's Ladder was a critical success but not a monetary success, So the movie was a little probably too dark and weird for mass audience, as it broke even at the box office, but it did get a lot of critical appraisal.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed it. I don't think I would watch it too many more times. There's just there's so many films out there to watch it. I think i'd give it two doses of BZ out of three doses of BZ.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it four Joe Rogan DMT hit.
Speaker 8: Out of five nice, so slightly higher than I rated it.
Speaker 1: A little higher. I do think it's good. I give it like a seven out of ten. But that's to translate that into normy speak for those of you that aren't enlightened. Four DMT hits is equivalent to seven out of ten. But you got to be kind of like deep and philosophical.
Speaker 8: To get that, which you have to have transcended your ego.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I don't know if you know about that yet, But no, they don't.
Speaker 8: They don't. They're just they're just, you know, they're down there. We're are our egos really tiny? They have really big ones.
Speaker 1: So once again, as you said, nineteen ninety and let's see if this was as big of a blockbuster as I remembered or thought.
Speaker 8: What was the budget on it? Because it actually it was.
Speaker 1: This was a huge summer blockbuster. It costs fifty to sixty million and made two hundred and sixty three million, so in nineteen ninety money, that was a blockbuster for sure.
Speaker 8: So we got Arnold. I love your your cover image. You picked one of the best moments in the film there.
Speaker 1: I love that I've always laughed at that. This is p K D. So we know we're getting an interesting, gnostic, bizarre, you know, esoteric tale with old p K D.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: He never fails to deliver in that department, would you agree? Man?
Speaker 8: Phil K. Dick. He's one of my favorite authors of the seventy and one of my favorite sci fi authors. I quite enjoy his books. He's not the most stylish writer. He does decent dialogue and he builds his character as well, but he does world building and idea building very well.
Speaker 1: Can I get you to take over for a minute. I have to go empty my Philip K if you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Go drop a phil k A p k D in the toilet right now.
Speaker 1: No, just the liquid version there. I got to empty the pk D.
Speaker 8: Drop a PKD. All right. So Philip K. Dick, Philip K. Dick. He's a fascinating character. When you look at the biography of Philip K. Dick, he is somebody who was hanging out with a lot of these Silicon Valley elite types in the nineteen sixties and seventies in California, and he was rightfully really freaked out by what he saw, by what he learned Philip K. Dick had a fascinating conception of reality and a very tragic conception of reality. A lot of his books are about the loss of identity, the loss of yourself, and the loss of your soul essentially. So Philip K. Dick was one of the first people to write about technocracy in a in kind of a in a way where he ties in intelligence agencies. And one of the good books by Philip K. Dick that shows his is understanding of spionage to a certain extent, social engineering and how drug culture was used as a tool is the book called they made a film out of it. And I was just talking about with Jay earlier, but I'm forgetting the Scanner Darkly. No, No, not Kazan Kazann. That's that's that's a different one. So anyway, Yes, Philip K. Dick has a really interesting story as far as his life story goes. He even believed that he was some sort of a MK Ultra type victim at some times in his life and believed that he was being experimented on using psychotronic weapons.
Speaker 1: Have you do you remember Waking Life? We should cover that, dude. That's perfect for that would be perfect in the psychonaut Stream or.
Speaker 8: Let's do Waking Life and uh, we'll do Waking Life, and the other one the Scanner Darkly because they're both Philip K. Dick Ish and they're both by the same director, Richard Linklater he's actually a pretty good director.
Speaker 1: And mister Jones, mister al Jones is that.
Speaker 2: Mister Jones and me.
Speaker 8: Stoning through the body and a long my lamp.
Speaker 1: She's looking at you.
Speaker 8: Got to be somebody for me.
Speaker 11: I want to be Bob deal mister cry, just a little more funk here as the tears rolled down his bald head, letters and cry.
Speaker 1: And if the sun comes up tomorrow, let him cry.
Speaker 8: So I haven't read I'm not sure what the book that Total Recall is based on. I don't think it's actually called Total Recall, but I think it's based on a short story by Philip K. Dick He wrote a lot of short stories and they're pretty easy, the quick reads.
Speaker 1: Most of them.
Speaker 8: I would suggest reading Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheet. That's another good one. That's what Blade Runner is based on, as well as The Man in the High Castle. That's another.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just bought some of the books I've read some of the short stories, which I really liked, but I've been just kind of waiting to get to some of his Have you read any of his novel novels.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, yeah, whatever, they're short, right, they're they're short novels. So there's a do Androids dream. Electric Sheep is good. The Penultimate Truth is basically THX eleven thirty eight. Everybody lives in this underground society. They're so scared because they think there was a nuclear holocaust in the world, so big and scary upstairs, and everybody lives underground and they're afraid of what's going on up there. But it's all big syo. They're just being tricked and to live underground and be afraid in this hyper sterile environment, and they think they're all going to die if they go the elite. The elite are using the Earth's surface, right, and they live there. So it's similar to THX eleven thirty eight in that way. I suggest reading his books. They're they're good. Vallas. Later in life he got zonged out and it gets a little bit weirder. That's the time of his life when he thought he was being communicated with by an artificial intelligence alien that was beaming satellite information to him from space.
Speaker 1: And it was really.
Speaker 8: Freaky, weird mk ultra type stuff that he believed he was being an experimented on. And he called himself horse lover Fat Philip K. Dick. He was so poor most of his life. He wrote pop sci fi and he was poor, and he used the horse meat to keep himself alive because it was cheaper, So he called himself horse lover fat. He would be man this fake name, and he would all his books are about himself and his kind of loss of identity is search for love is search for God essentially, and it's.
Speaker 1: Some weird yeah, is it right that? So there's this weird part in the link later or movie where the guy is talking about Philip K. Dick and he mentions that he thinks that in the middle of the Book of Acts, like something messed up and we're all stuck halfway through the Book of Acts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he came up with weird theories like this that he would pause it at times and maybe let's let's maybe we got to do some stream We have so many, we have a list of like twenty streams we have to do.
Speaker 1: But PK.
Speaker 8: D man.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: He gave the speech about living in the in a matrix and an artificial reality, an artificial construct, and he really started to believe that this was real and that he had tapped into in between the fabric of reality, and he came up with some odd theories. But that's that part of the of Waking Life, you know, that's that's Richard link Later is the character who's telling that story. So I think that means a lot to him for some reason. I don't know why it means so much to him, because it's a strange I don't know. I'd have to watch that film again.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he'd come on a stream. I should ask if to reach out if he did an.
Speaker 8: Interview, Dude, you should. You should get him on, man, if you get him on a stream.
Speaker 1: I'd love to come on trying to how many cram But he didn't ever.
Speaker 8: But I don't know forensicool and I'm a big fan of link Later. I do like his films. Yeah, he seems to have been able to make some good films that he really liked and loved, and they meant a lot to him, and he made him kind of outside of the whole Hollywood weird ocracy. You know, he did it out of Austin instead of Hollywood, right, and he filmed a lot in Texas, right, And it seems like he's kind of not so not so weird as some of these Hollywood folks are.
Speaker 1: All right, so total recall. We got the p K d background, Paul Berhoven as a director, funny character if you know. He did, of course Starship Troopers, which is another weird sci fi Pentagon produced thing. They actually read that kind of the hind line is read at I think the Navy or Army War College, so you will actually go read if you go to like Pentagon stuff, you'll read hindline as part.
Speaker 8: Of your recent A Stranger in a Strange Land Moon is a Harsh.
Speaker 1: Mistress too, which is actually about Google. So there's this AI that's like helping the libertarian revolution.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Vallas is kind of like that too, except Google. The AI are now this off planet entity that beamed thoughts to people's head. It's like, yeah, it's really, but it's it's it's schizoid. He was he was into speed, like right, Phil K. Dick was into speed and psychedelics, and that is a combination for for some strange.
Speaker 1: Only Speed I'm into is Vin Diesel Speed a.
Speaker 8: K A fast and furious Baby, fast and furious.
Speaker 1: I've never seen fas I'm joking.
Speaker 8: Only only Vin Diesel I'm into is Triple X bro Xander Cage.
Speaker 1: That's that's how into Vin I am. I'm into Vin. I have Vin diagrams about VIN numbers on cars, demonstrated.
Speaker 8: That movie is so funny. Triple X is one of the funniest movies ever.
Speaker 1: He liked watch that. It's pretty bad.
Speaker 8: Like the first three minutes he meets like Tony Hawk and Dave Mira and like all the all the extreme sports guys, and they're like, oh, They're like, oh, what's up, dude.
Speaker 10: He's like, Hey, what's up Tony Hawk? And Tony Hey, did you finish that new trick? Did you did you finish that new trick yet? He's like, yeah, what my Superman seat grab barrel roll No, I'm close.
Speaker 8: Though, and then he like the bad guys come and he blows everything up and then he like runs off and he grabs a tray like a cafeteria tray and board slides down a huge rail and then jumps on a motorcycle. And then just jumps every explosion. That movie is amazing.
Speaker 1: Triple X, do you even know how to Tokyo trying to do it?
Speaker 7: Van?
Speaker 1: Do you even know how to Tokyo drift? Dude?
Speaker 8: Do you know Vin Diesel? He has an album. He just put out an album. What in Diesel? It's on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Somebody said. Somebody said Asia Argento is in Triple X. That's weird, given Dario Ardento is such an esoteric, creepy horror maker. By the way, no, I don't think you would like it, but anyway, so, uh so we open up what we got what looks like chocolate bar Mars. Mars looks like a big red chocolate bar.
Speaker 2: The the.
Speaker 1: Models, so they're still using models. No c g I yet, really in this there's only one sequence that I recalled me in c G I in this movie, which is the we We We ran them off, he ran away. Finally, I was about to.
Speaker 8: Start cowering, cowering and shame, start dropping insults, but.
Speaker 1: You drop you dropped without my insults.
Speaker 8: So that was I was. I was just kind of cowering over there in the corner and shame and fear from all these great Vegan debaters who've been crushing me in comments all week.
Speaker 1: You're not fast and furious, you just slow and medium. How's that?
Speaker 8: Is that a line from Fasten?
Speaker 1: I just made it up. I don't even I don't even know how to talk like Vin Diesel. I'm just trying to remember kind of what he talks about. He's got like this gravelious voice of gravy voice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's so fake though, like it's.
Speaker 1: He probably yeah, he probably doesn't really talk. He probably times like this. You're really taught, you.
Speaker 8: Realizing swag white? I wonder what race is Van Diesel. He's like he's like one of those like the rock like racially ambiguous where it's like you could just project whatever race you think is cool, and that's him. Like if you're white, like is his race, if you're if you're if you're like Mexican, you kind of think Vin Diesel's Mexican. If you're if you're black, you think he's part black. But he just never says anything. His real last name is probably like Bronfman or something.
Speaker 1: Isn't he like Hawaiian or something?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I feel like Vin Diesel is.
Speaker 10: A no no.
Speaker 1: I mean the Rock is like Smoe or something. Oh the Rock.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I think his dad is like half black and half Samoan or something. He's a rock. I think he has a little bit of black in but he's mostly got Samoan, which is why he's a monster. Dude. Simones are freaking huge, strong people there, and they really like family too.
Speaker 1: They're down there eating all those vegetables beacons.
Speaker 8: All those vegetables, yeah right, all the soy that they like. Uh.
Speaker 1: So we see pyramid minds. There's colonization of Mars. Terraformed Mars. Mars is now a colony, so we get this whole industrial complex colonization now of other planets, just like empires would have colonies previously. Uh, and now we find out it's gonna be a resource war. And the first thing that popped in my head was this makes me think of like the stuff that we hear about Elon Musk is going to send us to Mars, I mean, or we being to Mars this goofy thing. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, and and Mars is actually run by like an Elon Musk type character, right, I mean this is uh. And I've got some notes here like the I mean, it starts out the very beginning in the first shots kind of evoke this idea of you know, dreams and reality, I dreaming, is this real?
Speaker 1: You don't know?
Speaker 8: Right, doesn't He wakes up from a dream, like a sexual dream, and he's with Sharon Stone and they have this they're in this kind of honeymoon style relationship where they're like they're just so enamored with each other they can't stop kissing, and like they's all over each other, which is that's another funny Hollywood thing, right, all the all the relationships in these films, they're all very unrealistic, right, Like, if you you've been with someone, you love, somebody, you've been with them for a little bit, you're not like constantly making out all over the place.
Speaker 1: But remember this one is unique because uh, she's a sex operative.
Speaker 8: Yes exactly, And that's and that's why I mean that that is an excuse. But also but there's other films where it's like, right, like we got to be like, I don't know that this false ideal of like your relationship is just all sexual and it's hyper sexual and you're just always all over each other and you have to just be like tonguing each other's faces all day. I think that's a that's a weird Hollywood trope that gets pushed out there. There's nothing wrong with affection and stuff, but it's like, look, you've been married for a few years. You're probably not going to be tongueing each other constantly like you like you see in these films. It's very weird, very.
Speaker 1: Strange, right, which you're right, that's actually a key, I think, showing us that something's off about this present experience of Arnold. And then he he goes and he's working this jackhammer, and it's it's like so that we're in the future, they can fly to Mars, but dudes are still out there just with jackhammers, just like there's no.
Speaker 8: You still have you still need any any they have like a it's like on his bicep that's got close up on his biceps. Arnold just looking jacked, just jacked out of his mind. But the scene with him and Sharon Stone and she's like punching him, she's sitting on top of him and she's like she's really jealous. Like right away, it's this idea of like the sex relationship between them, which is just sexual it seems, and it's just about control and jealousy, and the jealousy kind of gives you a hint that something's not quite right here and that they don't seem like they've been together.
Speaker 12: Dream about her, keep dreaming of her, because I just do. She's like, why are you thinking about her?
Speaker 9: Well, I was thinking of her then and now I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Of you, right.
Speaker 1: He just he just laughs it off, and it's really good.
Speaker 8: But then she just she just like lays back. She's like, I'll give you something the dream about and then she like lays down and spreads her legs or something. He's like, waw, it's super funny. The opening scene is hilarious.
Speaker 1: There was a couple quick kind of references to things that were ahead of their time. There's a war on terror going on right that keeps being mentioned on the news. ESPN is everywhere everywhere Arnold goes, there's screens everywhere blasting ESPN. There's war on terror blasting.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: This is prior to war on terror. This is, by the way, keep in mind, nobody had been thinking of war on terror in nineteen ninety. Right after this comes another big blockbuster that kicks off Hollywood's notion of war on terror, and that's true lies another big Arnold moves. So Arnold will be in some of these key pivot point late eighties early nineties action figures that will transition everybody's thought process into eighties commando cold war stuff, rambow stuff, now flip it over into nineties war on terror.
Speaker 8: Yep, Yeah, so what he said, code babe, you know you're the good of my dreams.
Speaker 1: You know you're the good of my dreams.
Speaker 8: I don't know why I wrote down that line, just thought that was funny. But there's space based weapons another thing that the weaponization of space. And you mentioned like there's screens everywhere in their home, right, So they live in this It's not like a teeny tiny apartment. It actually looks kind of big, but for Hollywood, like in a Hollywood movie, when you're shooting something like this, it makes it look small. So it does kind of seem like they're in this coffin apartment type situation. And they've switched on the TV. Switches on the TV, starts watching the news and getting all freaked out about the terror attacks and all the things the news is terrorizing him about. She switches it off and it goes to this nature scene of like a beautiful pond and a bunch of trees. So the only natural landscapes that they're exposed to are through their screens. This artificial Yeah, and so they I mean, this is not by accident like you mean, I'm sure. I'm sure the Pentagon was consulting for this film as well, just like they having so.
Speaker 1: Much Well, don't forget the next sequence after that, which is the TSA. Arnold has to walk through a giant X ray that fully X rays his whole body.
Speaker 8: And there's body scanners, surveillance and TSA and biometrics as well, right with the thumb printing and so the biometric identification. Also you mentioned like the terrorists, the War on Terror and the stuff there. These factions are fighting over this esoteric gnostic idea of artifacts in this pyramid mine. So there's kind of this.
Speaker 1: Ancient alien technology on Mars that will give people an upper hand in terms of resource.
Speaker 8: War, right, and they tie it in with this gnostic idea, and there are essentially this mutant colony has been prepared on Mars by this billionaire class and this man what was the guy's name that runs Mars. I think it was something else is.
Speaker 1: Like the revolution is run by So the billionaire bag guy is Cochrane, and then there's the they call him the George Washington of Mars. Yeah, his name.
Speaker 8: So again this gnostic idea of revolution, right, we're gonna we have to overthrow the established order. The Demiurs in the film is this kind of Elon Musk's style billionaire guy who has colonized Mars, terraformed Mars and created a giant bubble where he controls and rations quantum air. Quanto yeah, Quatto right, So Quato is the rebel army leader, and it's kind of similar to Later Runner twenty forty nine in some ways. How you have this underground movement of the mutants that want to be free, but the demiers is keeping them down. And it's this Elon Musk type character who has sealed them into this bubble and makes them pay for air, which I think is really funny, kind of the Agenda twenty one type exactly right.
Speaker 1: So the ultimate privatization of resources now beyond water, right, is air? Right. And so if you're on Mars, presumably to this mythology, like if you could control the oxygen on Mars, you would have you know, total resource control. But before I got to that, though, I wanted to mention that when he sees the ad for Recall, it's very interesting that Recall has a K instead of a C, so that the been spelled R E K A L L. And then they have a butterfly that's a logo. So I think that m K the K is there for for a reason to tell you that this is a reference obliquely to MK Ultra. The butterfly shows up to show you that it's monarch because in those programs and DARPA has developed this nowadays, the ability to erase and replace and implant memories. As you pointed out Blade Runner, that's exactly what happens with the replicants. PK D is who wrote a Blade Runner story, And here pkd is telling us about the same stuff with DARPA memory erasing and replacing. And what does Arnold end up with as his programming a secret agent mind control program? Yep, So he sits in this machine, gets his mind wiped, and then, which is probably one of the best aspects of the movie is that we are put into this state where we're now trying to figure out what's real and what's part of the matrix. So this is actually the matrix. Prior to the matrix, Arnold is running around in this story that he's chosen and now we can't figure out was Sharon Stone really his girlfriend at the beginning? Where did he actually start his programming? We don't know. And that's I think the best part of this movie is that aspect.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah. The idea of you know, the company recall, it's like this. It's this corporate mk ultra type program where they sell people on the idea of vacations, right, so you don't have to go into real vacation that's dangerous or it's not as fun, it's not as cool. We're going to implant memories in you. We're going to sell you whatever memories you want, and you'll think it's totally real and you'll experience it all. So this is kind of neurolink type idea as well. And and how does he pay for it? Jay pays for it with social credits?
Speaker 1: Oh good one, dude.
Speaker 8: You know they call it credits. You pay with your credits. It only costs eight and ninety nine credits. How else would you spend your credits?
Speaker 1: Huh, I didn't even notice that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a weird that's that's kind of a weird predictive part of it thought was very strange.
Speaker 1: Did you notice too, the oh, by the way, mentioning that that Pentagon deep state element. Remember, because so Starship Starship Troopers is hindline and that's satire and what you read if you go to Army War College, Verehoven directs that, Vera Hooven directs this. And remember that PKD was was claiming that he had been in the circles of Silicon Valley, so he wasn't just making stuff up. He had been hanging out with those guys. Yeah what would become silk and valid, So he had inside kind of whether PKD.
Speaker 8: Was kind of one of these think tank guys that it seems like he was being harvested for ideas. He seems like it seems like in the seventies, especially a lot of these California characters and the drug culture. Pk D even you know, Leary was openly involved with in intelligence agencies and stuff, but it seems like there was a certain part of the intelligence agencies that were using characters like this just and monitoring them and harvesting ideas from them and using them because as winning and unwilling witting members of think tanks or social engineering planning, and he was involved in that stuff and he got freaked out by it, by what he saw and what he heard.
Speaker 1: In Annie Jacobson's DARPA books, she talks about she got whole chapters on the Pentagon talking to sci fi writers and they were kind of doing this thing, trying to get harvest ideas. Like you said, another weird element was that they tried to sell him on uh. When Arnold gets in the cat scan, it looks like a CATSCA machine. By the way, I was you know that funny scene when he's like ah and he's he's laying in the cat scan machine, and it made me immediately think of when he's in is it kindergarten cop and his idiot line is not a tuma, it's not a here. He's laying in a cat scan machine. Basically that is what it looks like. And there's another reference in this movie to other Arnold movies or future Arnold movies, because there's two or three times in this movie where he's like, you'll not me.
Speaker 9: I am me, Hey, you all me?
Speaker 1: And then in Sixth Day, when he encounters his clones.
Speaker 9: He's like, hey, you'll not me. I am me, No, I am me, you'll you.
Speaker 1: They have this idiot dialogue back and forth. But this comes up in more than one Arnold movie. Have you have you seen sixth Day the Cloning Arnold movie?
Speaker 8: No? No, I'm not seeing that one. What year was?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's hilarious, man, you gotta watch this. It's as funny.
Speaker 8: I like Arnold. I'm always for.
Speaker 1: It's as goofy as a total recall, and Arnold has just as many goofy one liners.
Speaker 8: And before or after.
Speaker 1: It's after so I think it's about ninety five or six. So so Arnold has a handful of doozies. I would say, By the way, Predator actually is really good. Predator is a movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is well, and there's other Predator movies that are goofy. But also was the one where they have like the Pyramids and Antarctica?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, Alien versus Predator is where they Yeah.
Speaker 8: But it's mostly action, but there are some weird esoteric things in that one.
Speaker 1: So Arnold has a bunch of stinkers, but he actually have some some that are funny. Running Man is really good. I do recommend if you've never seen. That's a great dystopia. Running Man with Arnold total recall is fun it's funny. Definitely watch Commando. That's classic eighties just Arnold being ridiculous. And then The Sixth Day is not that good of a movie, but it does have a lot of predictive program It's got driverless cars and all kinds of stuff like that, and but just Arnold interacting with his clones. It's hilarious just because it's so ridiculous. True lies is relevant, just because it kicks off we're on terror, and I'm sure there's a bunch more Arnold, but the one liners are pretty classic in Sixth Day and in Commando and Running MANE gets.
Speaker 8: Divorce gets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, divorce see you with the.
Speaker 8: I love punches Sharon Stone in the face. Well that's what he shoots her in the head, but before that, he punches her in the face.
Speaker 1: When they first fight. Yeah, when he finds out she's a.
Speaker 8: Box her out, oh man. And then she kicks him the balls like.
Speaker 1: Ye does the ouch my balls move right close.
Speaker 8: Close up, Ouch my balls like four times they should have had like a bank, but they didn't. Hey did you notice that they have autonomous vehicles?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the robot uber driver.
Speaker 8: Hey yeah, I'm your Carson Cabs. Welcome to Carson Cab. The idea of like drive, I like, all he has to do is rip the robot out and then he grabs the joy in it. Like they make a robot to drive with a joystick. Why don't they just make the robot wired directly? I don't get it. But so there's this The idea of the breakaway civilization is you know, obviously very prominent, but also uh compartmentalization, right, the compartmentalization where you know, one one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing, which is really important intelligence agencies. And they bring this up with the antagonist characters where he says to him, I don't give you enough information to think you do what you're told, right. So the characters they're out there doing their own little missions, but they don't understand the big picture thing, and sometimes they get fed lies to keep them compartmentalized. And then in the end some of them come to realize some of the bigger picture. But that idea of compartmentalization is here in the film. And that's, as you have talked about many times, it's really important the intelligence world sexual blackmail, right, I mean, there's like there's a lot of a lot of different control mechanisms that are exploring this film. And I wrote down just a few sexual blackmail, sexual blackmail, drugs, hypnosis, cybernetics, virtual reality, theater.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: This idea of theater at almost ritual, where you have people in somebody's life, handlers that will come and stage certain events or pay out certain narratives in order to influence a character and their worldview so that they will interpret the world in certain ways and thus behave in certain ways, is a big part of the mind control techniques that they use. Right. They're always trying to tell them a story, right, like, oh no, no, this is what's really happening. You were doing this, but the real reason was this, and you never never know if it's true or if it's a lie. And that's kind of how intelligence agencies work, right. If you want somebody to do your dirty work, you don't tell them why they're doing it. You get somebody who's dumb enough and compartmentalize that they'll get a job done and not have any idea the bigger picture of what they're connected to. Yes, there's another trauma of course, right, ritual trauma, electroshock, electroshock therapy, so all these.
Speaker 1: Kult type He's got a microchip implant that he has to pull out through his nose like a gigantic booger, right.
Speaker 8: Right. Then they also used film to mess with him, remember like the film that they had him shoot, right, So they used film, theatrics and and of course you know just the threat of vil. So those are just some of the control mechanisms that were explored in order to manipulate characters consciousness and manipulate characters in doing what they want to do. And all of those are pretty dag important in the world of espionage, and these are tools used by espionage agent agencies all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, there's multiple references to doubles. He gets a hologram that's his double, and obviously, yes that's a hologram. But you'll notice there's different layers to Arnold's psyche and who he is. So he doesn't know whether he's a mind control operative, whether he's a normy guy who's on a vacation that he bought or whether he's actually, as we find out in the third act, been programmed all along by the corporation to be a triple agent. So there's there's these alters and layers to Arnold, which is imaged in the doubling, Right, Hitchcock does this a lot where he'll have doubles. Lynch has doubling and doubles a lot, And that's really just to show that the division in the protagonists psyche, that he's not sure what's real, just like with Jacob and Jacob's leader. He doesn't he doesn't know who he is. He's disintegrated. His psyche is not integrated. It's disintegrated and dissociated.
Speaker 8: Through all of these techniques like trauma, you ritual implants, yes, implants, cybernetics, electroshock therapy, all these things were used. And then also just lies, right, it's just people telling him lies about where he is, what he's doing in order to get what they want from him. And then they tell him he's dreaming a lot. Oh, you're dreaming, it's a hallucination.
Speaker 1: And I mean they come to him. That's interesting because they come to him and they say, you have schizoid embolism, and you don't you can never know, and you don't know what's real, so you're gonna have to distrust us and do what we tell you.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I mean that's that. What a great way to initiate a you know, an agent into an organization and completely confuse them and have them not understand who they are what they're doing, because if they get caught, who's going to believe this crazy person who's completely confused and schizophrenic. And yeah, I think this is kind of overlook a lot of people think of, you know, mind control, and they think just about a clockwork orange style uh mk ultra techniques. But more I think worldview warfare is a really important concept here and this is what's being waged on Arnold the entire time. Worldview warfare about who he is, where he's going, what is what his reality is all about?
Speaker 1: You're not you, I'm you, You are not you? You are me?
Speaker 8: Venus Ville? What was that with Venusville? Why do you think they call that? That?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 8: The area with the Masonic checkerboard floor in the where all the whores are, all the hookers and like get like the midget, the red light district. They called it venus Ville, and.
Speaker 1: That was oh, well Venus, that's right, Yeah, so Venus is the area. Well, it's obviously connected with the sexuality and lust and all that, and so the red light district on the planet is Venusville. Exactly. Did you notice, by the way, that there was a Hilton When he gets to Mars, he goes to the ritzy area and he's in the Hilton. I just thought it was funny that there's a there's a Hilton on Mars. And then he has to eventually make his way over out of the elite area to the poor mutant area. So there's these people who have mutated from I guess Mars's atmosphere being I don't know what, like radioactive or whatever. I don't remember what the where the mutants come from? Where the mutants?
Speaker 8: He just said that, like he sealed the air and all the children started turning to mutants and get them. I don't think they explained it, just but the mutants are psychic. They have they have they have developed psychic powers.
Speaker 1: And of course greatest, greater than the psychic is the third peat, the greatest of all sexuals.
Speaker 8: That's the most important one.
Speaker 1: Chick with the and by the way, all of her teats looked fake, but that third one especially looked fake.
Speaker 8: And she has two real faked its and then a third fake.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if you would like to contribute to me and Jamie getting Jamie a third teat, there's the super chats. I'll be putting it into a special bitcoin hedge fund which will accumulate over time, and we'll get Jamie that third teat that she needs and that I want. So please donate.
Speaker 8: You need, you need that, you deserve that. You you work hard, You work really hard for this.
Speaker 1: There's an all seeing eye in that sequence too, that pops up. I want to note.
Speaker 8: The girl was with she has pyramid with the eye on them ear rings.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I thought that was interesting. Yeah, like the I noted that this was this is where it's really getting, like the matrix. Arnold's like neo.
Speaker 8: But you notice that well, I thought it was kind of interesting that that with the Masonic floor, that kind of free Masonic floor when they're in the red light district in Venusville or Venus being you know Lucifer obviously, but they from that spot they kind of transition into the next stage. Of the mystery and the uh I think it was the antagonist, the bad character, Coohagen, that's his name. Cohagen jumps through the glass, jumps through the looking glass, jumps through the window, and then it cuts to Arnold and this chick. They find this underground chamber, right, they find and they get into the area underneath.
Speaker 1: Catacombs.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, so they go into the underworld and they you know, they go and they seek out this esoteric knowledge in the underworld, and the underworld is full of an ancient remains of an ancient civilization. Yes, Pyramids of Mars, which I mean back then in nineteen ninety people were talking about the Pyramids on Mars. I think it was like nineteen eight. When did those photos come out, the first Pyramids on Mars.
Speaker 1: Well, it's when Richard Hogland put out that book, and that was about ninety ninety one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so, and I remember reading about this as a really young kid, and this is kind of what first got me interested in a lot of the you know, all the alien stuff and what's up with these.
Speaker 1: Period That's not a face. It's the stupidest conspiracy of all time. That's stupid ass Shatow that is not like, by the way, they had photoshop in nineteen ninety. So just because there's this vague looking, stupid face on Mars is what I mean. There's literally a pyramid on Mars. That's the dumbest thing of all time.
Speaker 8: Denying your your ancient ancestors.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I don't believe in the Mars alien.
Speaker 8: Your ancient aryan ancestors. We're living on Mars and had they had a beautiful civilization. But yeah, I don't. I don't know what people think about.
Speaker 1: I was at a conference one time and a guy gave a lecture on that Aliens were using nuclear war on Mars, and so that's why Mars that's the atmosphere it does because the Aliens had a new core there. And by the way, that is in this this is about the Aliens having nuclear technology, because what is the alien tech and the pyramid. Oh, they figured out how to lower these reactors into ice and then it creates I.
Speaker 8: Love how Arnold just walks in and he's like, which is the reactor and he knows it down it will be oxygen for everybody. Arnold just walks in and he exactly what this is. He reverse engineers the nuclear reactor within seconds of witnessing it.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. I didn't even think about how stupid it was, Like, you have no idea what this gigantic thing is, but Arnold just walks.
Speaker 13: In, Oh, yeah, it's the reactors. Pushed the button, right, you put your hand down, and.
Speaker 1: Alien it's like push it down, and then the heater comes on and now there's error, right, the conditioning of mos. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the yeah, so this this this it's a very gnostic film, right, like the the Total the Elon Musk Demiurge and the revolutionary movement is going to save the planet and free all the slaves, and and Arnold of course you.
Speaker 1: Like in fact, I like the fact that they brought that the Kohagen guy in and and he he layers this the scam one more level, and he's like, oh, you're actually a triple agent and you're working for me all this time. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean there's another thing, like it's just we fear in the involved in the world of espionage, those type of tactics of you know, switching people and and and just messing with their minds is it's pretty important. I think, you know, what's a good film, The Good Shepherd. You watched that one.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's great. You know that's actually based on the real loosely, the real origins of how the British came and set up the os s.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, exactly and Skull and Bones. You know, that was directed by Robert de Niro.
Speaker 1: Directed that the pyramids of Moss.
Speaker 8: So that they go under the pp mids and inside of the PP mids are a giant reactor and the reactor. What's what the there you go, mos jay, do you notice the.
Speaker 1: Climate by turning the Moss act conditioning on?
Speaker 8: Well, you notice in the poster there we show that again because that's the the free Masonic compass right there. Yeah, pyramid in the compass.
Speaker 1: Then we see Arnold's single eye.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's a super it's a very Masonic.
Speaker 1: By the way, the pyramid, yes, yep.
Speaker 8: So there there's a there's a lot of free Masonic symbolism in that Venusville area. So there there's a free Masonic checking checkerboard. And then when he goes, the hooker brings him into the room and there's the pillar of Jachim and Boaz on the side there. And then she's got the pyramid ear rings with the eye in the middle and there's three little dots hanging from them. So a lot of the random stuff thrown in there. But the concept of like the demiurge needing to be slain and the mutants being freed so that they can live happily ever after is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We've got these different arnolds that he could be, these different aspects of his psyche, and he, at least as far as we know, he really was the bad guy, but actually the good Altar ended up taking over and that's how we got the good end.
Speaker 8: Yes, So yeah, that dualism idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hero is also the villain, but he takes over and then we have this image of Mount sina In't there like a giant mountain that like the mountain is what becomes like the vapor, yeah, thing.
Speaker 8: That's smoking and then throwing up the vapor and the terrorform.
Speaker 1: So actually this is similar to Dune. So they then terrorform Mars completely to have an atmosphere and to colonize it. So yes, then I was wondering, just kind of out of speculation at the end, do we know for sure that that was I mean, is he in the matrix still or are we supposed to be unclear? Or is this Schwartzendinger's cat. Get it Schwarzendinger's cat, because is it?
Speaker 7: Is it real?
Speaker 1: Or is it in the Matrix?
Speaker 8: Yes? I think, well, in classic Philip K. Dick's style, you leave it open. Okay, Yeah, I don't know how closely this follows the original short story, but it seems to me in the end we're not supposed to know. And if you wrap it up too tightly, you put a little bow on it, it's not as fun, I guess for the audience. So I think Hollywood likes to leave it open ended like that. But remember the last line, He's like, I just had a terrible thought.
Speaker 1: What did this ease or do?
Speaker 8: And then she's like, oh, you better kiss me before you wake up, and then they make out and that's the end roll credits.
Speaker 1: By the way, people in the chat, was that story the Matrix? Or was Arnold really the triple agent who did all this?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You guys, tell me what you think. What is Paul Verehoven and Arnold? What do they want us to think? We've got a few super chats we'll read here. The Pyramids of moss but gets the mos gets you as the moth gets you as remember when the thing shorts out and he keeps saying that good.
Speaker 8: How about the red pill moment? Remember that he goes brought up, I miss this. What is this? There's a so he's I'm scrolling through right now. So he's having this conversation with that fatuh petal looking dude, and the guy's trying to confuse him and tell him basically, look what you think is going on is not going on. I'm gonna save you. I'm gonna help you. We need you to wake up. If you take this pill, you are going to wake up into the real reality. And he gives him a red pill and Arnold puts it in his mouth, and the guy's like, all right, man, like swallow the pill. And then already zooms in and there's the beat of sweat, and Arnold knows, because there's a beat of sweat.
Speaker 1: He's lying. Yeah, he's a lie.
Speaker 7: He uses his his.
Speaker 8: Biological what's it called the polygraph test and reads his sweat and then he shoots him in the dome and then throws the red pill on the guy's throat. And I don't know what he says to him divorce. He doesn't say that that's one of the best for sure. I gotta I use that for a super chat notification.
Speaker 1: By the way, in the chat, people were asking about the show. Yes, so we did a full season of a TV show called Hollywood Decoded. There is one free episode that you can go watch. If you like that show. By the way, go and tell Guya to do another season so you can leave a comment there. That's the free episode everybody can watch. And I loved it. It's one of the funnest things I've ever done in my life was to do that TV show. We had a blast doing it. I wrote a whole other season two and we never did it, so but it's there ready to go. I think we had Total Recall on the list to do. But yeah, you can go check out those old episodes we got. Think we did nineteen full production TV show episodes of Hollywood Decoded, and we did do some James Cameron. I know we did Terminator. I don't think we didn't do total Recall, but there's some other gems on there. By the way, when you were mentioning the studio or the apartment that they have and at being small. Have you ever been on a set or like done a studio tour like Warner Brothers tour or anything.
Speaker 8: Well, they're real open. Yeah, yeah, I've seen sets. They're bigger than they look, actually very large.
Speaker 1: Well it depends, but what like if you go to Warner Brothers and take us a tour of their like their daytime TV shows the people's apartments and uh like schoolroom, classrooms or they're tiny, dude, they're really small. And like when we were doing our show the set, you look, it looks like there's this big audience hall that we're in that was just a projection. Sets are small, dude. Like really, it'll blow your mind. They look like you'll feel like a midget if you do a tour of a set, they're really small.
Speaker 8: Speaking of her apartment, did you notice that she was playing She was playing like Nintendo wee tennis.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she had like a hologram we she was doing.
Speaker 8: She was playing with the hologram. And that's that's the only other that's the only other thing we see her doing when she's not directly like Fear with Arnold is playing with her fake friends video game hologram. So that idea of VR.
Speaker 1: You know the v that had Skype too. Do you notice they were doing video teleconferencing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ye, Skype everywhere in cars and stuff too.
Speaker 1: We'll do some of these super chats. We got shining Diamond for three. No, Zach excise me exact way back at the beginning, Zac says, for twenty, I'm stoked to be here, stoked to be here. Maybe the angry vegans need a good steak. Yes, they do, right, Although ironically Arnold is a promoter of veganism. I highly doubt that he's really vegan, but.
Speaker 8: He says, he said, all my favorite I love it, but I know I should not.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't need it.
Speaker 8: You know you do.
Speaker 13: Or whatever you feel the guilty And then but no, I have a little uh, I have a friend who's a donkey, and to watch how I get the donkey the the carrots.
Speaker 1: Remember that video where he was feeding his donkey carrots during the.
Speaker 8: Corona and telling everybody to stay home and.
Speaker 1: Me, stay home if you do it was completely dumb. But yeah, so the vegans do need a stick Shining diamond three dollars. Will you be doing an analysis of the animated movie Ghosts in the Show and Akira. I that was the only anime movie that I watched in the nineties that I liked. It was it ninety mid to late nine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Kira and Ghost of the Show The Shell was good.
Speaker 1: I mean it had a lot of that same dystopian blade runner my control type stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you already did the book that you know the title is referring to goes to the Machine Kessen.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly. And I know people have requested Neon Genesis Evangelium because it has a lot of esoteric stuff. So I promise, what guys, one day I will get to it. I just there's so many things.
Speaker 8: When I was in the universe, we had a course called Techno Thrillers and it was in the film The Parliamentute took this part. It was a pretty decent course. We we actually we watched Doctor Strange Love. What's the other one that came out the same year as Doctor Strangelove, But wasn't Doctor Strange Love. It was more of a serious version of the Doctor Strange Love story. Somebody in the audience might know, No, it's not Kubrick. It's like fail Safe for something. It was called fail Safe.
Speaker 1: Oh, where they have like a big computer that it's like an AI computer. Yeah, I've seen it's boring.
Speaker 8: It's like it's like Strangelove, but it's not as good. So we watched that. We watched the Will Smith movie Enemy of the State, and then also Ghost in Michelle and north By Northwest.
Speaker 1: Speak.
Speaker 8: Anyways, the instructor was was pretty based for for that time, you know. This was two thousand and six or seven, I think, and he was really harping on about this whole technocracy thing that we see coming on now and all the films. We watched Blade Runner as well, but all the films were very similar to the stuff we're talking about here. So yeah, shout out to I forget the professor's name.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the Demon Seed.
Speaker 8: I've foreseen that like screenshots or something.
Speaker 1: I did a ten minute funny breakdown of it that Oh that's what I saw. I saw your videos. It's worth watching. It's actually an AI that kind of wants to incarnate the antichristis pretty wild, okay, and it's funny. It's like one of those you know, funny Arnold.
Speaker 8: Is it like End of Days or something. I don't think I watched that one.
Speaker 1: I know he did End of Days is another Arnold like hoot. It's a hoot, He's like, it's basically Arnold beating the devil. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: There's something that like Arnold early nineties Arnold and eighties Arnold is always futter to watch. There's just something that's like funered, like when he's just freakishly jacked. I don't know, but later on Arnold when he when he when he deflates, for some reason, it's not as entertaining when he isn't like a freaking free.
Speaker 1: Low energy on a low energy when he deflates, he's low low energy. Uh or yeah, all.
Speaker 8: I doesn't done anything a while.
Speaker 1: No, that last Terminator was awful. He was He played Carl the Cuck who was a blind like you sold blinds.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, somebody mentioned one of the best mind control movies this Zolander.
Speaker 1: Yes, I need to add that to the I got a list of about thirty mind controls to do.
Speaker 8: I'd say that Zoolander is probably one of my favorite stupid comedy movies. As like a kid, I think I was like thirteen fourteen when I came out fifteen.
Speaker 1: I have natural I have resting faced blue steel yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Do, you do? I just I love what Hansel when he's telling his story about Peote, he's telling his trip report. Yeah, then I realized I've never even been the Mount Vesuvius. I found myself falling.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, did you see the second Zoolander? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I actually thought it was good.
Speaker 8: It was pretty funny, and it was it wasn't.
Speaker 1: And I had the the whole like Hollywood MK ultra satanic cult.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, and Kyle Mooney was in it, who used to be really funny until Saturday and at Night Live destroyed his career. Him and Beck Bennett were freaking hilarious due they were like the original YouTube comedy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, inside so inside, so exactly inside his skits man and then his stoner skits where he's like he's like a pothead pothead.
Speaker 1: He's always talking about weed.
Speaker 8: Yeah but he's but he doesn't really smoke weed, and he just tries to act like he's cool. And that's those skits are so funny. And then sn L got ahold of him and ruined his career. And what is he doing now?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm there are some of his skits on SNL that are good. They're not all five years.
Speaker 8: Beck Bennett was funny too, but they just got him. They just made him play putin and with his shirt off, and that's.
Speaker 1: All right. So the next next to our chat is uh in Jesus, Christ In Christ, Our Lord twenty dollars. Great work for you to question. For Little Aids, what are some of the Orthodox books that you've read, Little Aids? And for both of you, out of ten, how would you rate both these movies? The first question to you, Tristan is what are some of the Orthodox books that you read that you liked? All right?
Speaker 8: You right here recommend well. I haven't read every page of Saint John of Damascus, but Sat John Damascus very good, the Seraph and Rose. The first one I read was God's Revelation with Human Heart, and then after that I read Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, and then Genesis, Creation and Early Man and that was what convinced me essentially to become Orthodox. So I read those and then also Orthodox Dogmatic theology is another good one. What was the book that father off I'll give us about Wounded by Love? Wounded by Love is a really good one. Jessica and the kids have read, but I didn't read it with them, Saint John the Wonder Worker, those all recommended. Else Yeah, no, there's nothing that I well, some of them are, say Maximus the Confessor was a little bit like heavier and a little bit more difficult. But I really enjoyed that. And then also there's another one Loski. It was the Lostky book, two Lostky books, and both of those three Mystical Theology of the of the Eastern Church. That was Mystical Theology the Church. You know, those were good. Those are heavy. I read them about a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: There they are.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So that that book right there took me about a month to read because there was just so much. I had to do more research while I was reading it to catch up on some of the themes. But that that cleared up a lot for me. But I mean I can't I couldn't sit here and summarize it for you because it was a year and a half. I know that I read its cool.
Speaker 1: So on on a one to ten scale, what do you give Jacob's ladder and total recall?
Speaker 8: Jacobs ladder one to ten, I give it like six and a half d mt hits total recall, I give it nine out of ten Sharon Stone kicks to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Testy Cows.
Speaker 1: I would give both movies a seven. I'm going to say they're both seven. They're different. They both have similar themes with the mind control and psyche and all that.
Speaker 8: But when I give Total Recall a nine, it's not like it's a great film. It's just so entertaining and stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just as the film overall, it gets a seven. But for entertainment, I would agree with Tristan that it's a nine. It's a hoot.
Speaker 8: You can rewatch it and laugh. It's like a good movie if you, I don't know, it's just if you want to laugh with some friends. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Jacob's latter is not a movie you're gonna rewatch it. It's not a fun movie. Alt Monarchists for two dollars review Stalker. Yes, I know I gotta do Tarkowski. I actually wrote a bunch of notes on Rubelov and then I got to where I was about to do Stalker and something happened. So I apologize. I know that that I'm really slacking by not doing that, But we will eventually. Just like the other requests, there are some big ones I've not done. I know it's a big empty spot in my film repertoire Jerry Jerry Dingis. We got the mister dingas here, biggots and nerds, a match made in on Tick Wilderness. We do live in an ontic wilderness and this is a match made in the heaven of on Tick Wilderness. That's the biggots together with the nerds. Absolutely, there's a lot of overlap.
Speaker 8: I think there's a lot more nerds right now than I gotta see up four hundred and thirty eight. Every once in a while we'll pull in four to thirty, but only if there's someone else coming on a street. We're in the we're in that two hundred range, and YouTube's trying to get us in the zero range as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: Everybody be sure that, yeah, go support Tristan. Subscribe if you're not over subscribed, over at a problem Edge. I've got his link there in the show description, So be sure and hook up with Tristan. Bounteous no Jack Jack for three dollars says, if I can affect the way people think and feel by what I think and feel, is it because of demons? Do I need to see a priest or do prayers often? No, I mean you could just have a persuasive personality that affects the way people think and feel that doesn't necessarily have to be demonic. Do I need to see a priest or do prayers often? I would say, do both. How's that Bounteous an Orthodox priest not.
Speaker 8: A Roman Bunant priest anyways.
Speaker 1: Not a Roman priest An orthodoxers Bounteous five dollars. Did you notice the red pill? Yes? Thank you. Tristan brought up the red pill that the recall guy offers to Arnie. Carnivore alliance six fifty one of Tristan's biggots in the chat. Maybe off topic, but picnic and hanging rock. I think the secret to it is some carnivorous plant hermaphrodite venus satan ufo. Okay, did you lost me?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 1: He went offensive.
Speaker 8: The carnivore alliance is always coming with the the like like, what did they call that back in the day that remember that.
Speaker 1: Channel is the stream of consciousness.
Speaker 8: Streamline, syncralstic, remember those channels twostic?
Speaker 1: Yes, Lauren Cobleman, the synchro mystic.
Speaker 8: Yep, yeah, he's kind of like like that. He's when you talk to him, he's more coherent, but he likes to uh. He goes into the I think I think it's got a while to mate.
Speaker 1: The stream of consciousness going on in the chat, So we welcome that. You can. You can send six dollars fifty stream of consci all day long. I will listen.
Speaker 8: Janie Sophia twenty dos the movie he says, He says, Picnic can hang your rocks the movie Okay, I got that actually just.
Speaker 1: The rest of it where I was lost. But Janie Sophia twenty dollars. Apologies if you've already covered this, but Jacob's Ladder had toll House. Yes, we covered Soul after Death the Surf and Rose book in relation to Jacobs along the right track there, Jennie.
Speaker 8: To the person who asked, I also read that book, and I would recommend that one too. That's a really good one. I recommended that to several people. I think it's very useful.
Speaker 1: And thank you for that fat super chat twenty whole bucks. Appreciate that. Dell Bridge for five dollars. Jay and Tristan, how are you? I'm great? How are you do?
Speaker 8: I'm better?
Speaker 1: Than Jay. Is it possible that you could better at being worse? Yes, you are better at being worse than me totally. Is it possible that both of you could review Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison berger And film and In and In Time starring justin Wait.
Speaker 8: Oh, you told me what you told me last night to watch that in Time Justin Timberlain.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen In Time with Amber Amanda Seyfried and Justin Timberlake. That's a good dystopian movie. But Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeran film, Okay, now I'm not familiar with that one. In Time is good. It is a dystopia that you could do and announces of Yes, lastly, God bless both of you. Well, thank you, Dell Bridge much appreciate it. Wet. What a total spas all right, speaking of nineteen nineties, I mean, these are two nineties movies. That's a great nineties slang. It's such as spas. Why are you such as spazd We should do a Holly Schorn That was the nineties spurg is a spas.
Speaker 8: Right, spaz for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The nineties version of a Sperg nowadays was a spas.
Speaker 8: Absolutely anyway, insight. Hey, I appreciate that I just wrote that down. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, I fooled those. So keep a notebook handy because you can just transcribe for me. You can be a little secretary. That's work for you.
Speaker 8: I'd be honored to be your little secretary. I really like the way you said that. It makes me feel very little aids, little.
Speaker 1: Aids, little secretary. You could just transcribe the proverbs all day long. All Right, we're having fun. But his name is Tristan and he is the head honcho over at vegan Alliance dot com. Just kidding, the head honchho over at Primal Edge Health. You can follow him by clicking the channel in the show description that is called Primal Edge Health. And he would love to have you. He's been doing some really funny streams. He's doing a call in thing. I want to ask you. I tried the calling thing a couple of times. That kind of got on my nerves. Are you having fun with Collins?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 8: That's my favorite.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 8: I did Collins like a few years back when YouTube first came out, but it was like I was more careful. But now, yeah, I just I open up the open up the zoom and it's fun.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: I mean we get friendlies like I don't know. I just like talking to people. Man, I can talk to anybody. I ain't talk to anyone, So I invite any anybody if you don't, if you want to chat, or if you just want a debate. I keep trying to get these vegans to come and debate, but none of them will.
Speaker 13: Because you're just going to go slow and mutus.
Speaker 8: I mean, she's either welcome to calling, but she won't. These people, they like to throw their stones from the distance.
Speaker 1: Jay.
Speaker 8: Before we at the end, I wanted to ask you, have you gotten this book yet? No?
Speaker 1: Everybody saw need to get it though.
Speaker 8: I'll send you that's classes new book just published, like last or two months ago, maybe the Great RECOVID nineteen, the Great Reset. I'll send you the PDF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I check.
Speaker 8: It's very blatant. Okay, Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell us the whole spiel. We got another super chat three dollars from Julio. He says, chain Link Crypto is to the Moon. I'll have to check that out. But except I don't want to go to the moon.
Speaker 9: I want to go to Mas.
Speaker 1: Good to Crypto to Mas. We don't want to go to the moon.
Speaker 8: You know, it's like the only three planets I mentioned was Mars, Venus and Saturn. In they kept saying you should go to Saturn instead Saturn.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had a Saturn note. Good point. Thank you forgot that. All right, everybody, have a good night. I hope you enjoyed tonight's show. Be sure and like it, share it, tell a comment below if I missed anything. We always have good comments from the movie audience telling me the details that I missed. And we look forward to the next stream. We'll be doing some psycho hot stuff and I'll be doing more spooktober. I'm sure Tristan and I can come up with some more mind control and spook.
Speaker 8: We've got clockwork Orange on the list. I mean, we mentioned also that Philip K. Dick one Scanner Darkly, a Lone Skanner Darkly.
Speaker 1: We'll do some more m ks for sure. All have a good night.
Speaker 8: Well maybe maybe Jay you can come on and we can do