Speaker 1: Welcome to Dorky Out. My name is Sonia Mansfield and your ideas that we should run away and be poor. Joining me is my podcasting sister from another mister and the co host of Dorkying Out, Margot d Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hello, my friend. I remember Connie Nielsen in this movie.
Speaker 1: Now, good job, thank you. But wait, there's more. Also joining us as our podcasting brother from another mother, Adam Risky from f this movie. Hello, my friend, Hey, my Tommy, we are dorking out. About two thousand and five's The Ice Harvest, the long awaited pushing tin reunion of John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 3: Even put that together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're welcome.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: We are directed. It's sorry we are. This movie is directed by Harold Ramis, screenplay by Richard Russo and Robert Benton, based on the book The Ice Harvest by Scott Phillips, and stars Junk Cusack, Billy Bob Thornton, Connie Nielsen, Randy Quaid, National Treasure, Oliver Platt, Mike Starr. Did any of you see this in the theater?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I also didn't see it.
Speaker 2: I have no memory of this movie even coming out.
Speaker 3: I remember it came out the Thanksgiving weekend and I did go to the movies the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and it was like one of the options of something we could see, and we ended up seeing Saw too, like all people do the day before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Coats, I would love to see Saw one of the Saw movies with a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: I think that would be hilarious.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it. Yeah, I have never seen a Saw movie. See.
Speaker 2: I'll do anything to not talk about the Ice Harvest. So you like, I guess it's well kiku, guys, go ahead, Well maybe you could change my mind.
Speaker 1: No. I also had a midd Lane reaction to the Ice Harvest.
Speaker 3: I feel so bad because I really like it.
Speaker 1: No, you don't need to feel bad. I know that's fine. I love that you love it. I if you haven't seen it, like what are you doing? Pause right now and go watch it and then come back or don't whatever you do you But like, the whole idea is that Billy Bob Thornton, John Cusack like steal a steal a bunch of money, steal two million dollars from like a mob boss. And but they're kind of trapped in their town because the snowstorm and so they can't like run away quite yet, and then all these different things happen. I just wanted the movie to either be more were crime in film noir neo noir stuff, or I wanted it to be funnier. That's where I land with it. Yeah, And it was like kind of like right, like it's like it needed. Oliver Platt is doing like one thing and it's very entertaining, like he's in my he's the MVP for me in this movie. Like he's doing a really funny thing. But then Billy Bob Thornton is doing like the exact opposite. He's playing it like really straight and like kind of cold.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not into Billy Bob. When he thinks he's sexy. You can kind of just tell he's like I could bone any chick in this room right now and they would love it. I Like, that's not my favorite.
Speaker 3: I like it because it's like a picture into like how does he land all these actresses? Yeah, So like I'm like, Okay, maybe I get it now, but I don't know. I I agree with you that Oliver play that is by far the the MVP of the movie. It's one of those movies that just makes you stop for a second and really appreciate how great he is and everything.
Speaker 1: He is is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: I like the Billy Bob Thornon performance because I think that he's as menacing as one of his characters in something like one False Move. But I do think he's funny, like he is in some comedies like Bad Sanna and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But sling Blade, sling Blade, hilarious, hilarious Taters.
Speaker 3: I haven't even seen sling Blade, and I just know Taters.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it. Oh, there's this whole like section of Mirrormax movies that are Oscar bait from like the mid to late nineties that I just like that and Shine and all this stuff like that. I just.
Speaker 2: It's better than Shine. It's better than a lot of the Mirrormac stuff. I think for me personally, I feel like it. It completely transcends that and it's he's doing something really interesting and it's got some great performances. But we're not talking about that, are we We're talking about.
Speaker 1: The Ice Nervis, Margo, a guy anything like add here squirrel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for me like it's more effective as a comedy than it is as a noir. Although I like it as a noir. It's just that I don't like the fem fetale performance in this in quotation marks where everybody else is like sort of amused that they stumbled into a film noir.
Speaker 1: That makes sense for me, Yeah, because she at no point do you believe that she's not involved or right, or that she is maybe interested in John Cusack. Sometimes it's hard for me to buy John Cusack as someone who's dumb and like, yes, he's a very smart actor. He just always appears he just seems very smart. And for him to play a character who's so oblivious to the fact that she's in on it.
Speaker 2: She doesn't care about him at all, she's totally using him.
Speaker 1: Yes, is very like it seems like wrong casting.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'm with you, like seventy five percent of the way on that. I think that he maybe knows that she's sort of like at least that he knows that she doesn't have genuine feelings for him, that she's using, but he doesn't care because he's just sort of like put upon an exasperated sort of, but like I do agree with you that like she she's just so mannered. Yes, yes, morments that it's sort of like unless you're you know, like a person who goes to noir film festivals and like just loves it. When like somebody's affecting the femme fatale trope, it's like it just is kind of tiresome.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's not well written. I don't think her character. I don't I don't feel like I know her. I'm not sure what her motivation is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: She it's just she's there to be super hot.
Speaker 1: And be like the one woman.
Speaker 2: And she's she's super hot. Believe me, I get that. But I'm but sometimes they filmmakers, quite often, especially at this time, they just with women, they just kind of, oh, just be hot.
Speaker 1: Well in this movie has a bit of a woman problem, and that all the women, all the all the women in this movie are you know, it's like a stripper, a stripper with a black guy, like an ex wife, a mean ex wife. Yeah, who's like it is now married to Oliver Platten. Apparently all of that. I thought that was funny. Actually that was cracking me. Up. I appreciated that. I watched it with my friend Bigs, and she's like, I don't understand he's married to like John Cusack's ex wife, but they're still best friends. And I was like, because John Kenny. Yeah, because I was like, because they both hate her. He's like, thank you for marrying my.
Speaker 2: She's a seaword. They just think both. That's what made me laugh too, like because she's oblivious to how much they hate her.
Speaker 1: But like everyone is. All the women are like strippers, strippers or county niels.
Speaker 2: They're all dependent on the men around them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like any agency, and they show respect to basically is the bartender. But she's just like relentlessly hit on.
Speaker 1: But oh all yeah, so so aggressively horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he's trying to cut her boyfriend though, it's really.
Speaker 1: Funny because he's a treasure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's great. He makes it seem so natural and like not eazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he plays a good drunk. I'm like, he's really drunk.
Speaker 2: I believe he's drunk. Yes, And I read somewhere that he someone said that he was trained as an actor when you're playing drunk to not overdo it, because they say actors overdo it. But he's like, but no, that's true. People drunks act like a particular way. The reason why most people when they're pretending they're drunk slur their words and lose their coordination and say rude shit, because that's what drunks do.
Speaker 1: Come from a flamily of drunks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I know. I mean, I can't speak to it like from the standpoint of somebody who has like who's suffered from alcoholism or anything like that, but like.
Speaker 2: That's a nicer way of putting it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, no, I didn't mean it that way. I wasn't calling you out. But like if I I the thing I think that he does in his performance that I know that I do when I'm really drunk is you try to convince everybody that you're not drunk.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and like that you're.
Speaker 3: Under control and like you're super outgoing and charming. But it's like not, it's you're you don't ever like pretend like that you're drunk. You're always pretending that you're not drunk.
Speaker 2: Yes, they all need to watch below deck when everybody goes out to blow their tip money. That's all you need to know about drunk behavior Mark.
Speaker 1: Everything comes back to Below Deck.
Speaker 2: It all about Below Deck, everybody, trust me. It's the matrix. You didn't know It's right there on the Peecock Network.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. The other thing about the movie that was kind of cracking me up was the idea that they're all kind of hiding from each other, but they keep going to the places where they're always hanging out so people know where to find them, Like there's no real hiding from anybody. Apparently they can't leave town because of the ice, but they are driving everywhere.
Speaker 2: Do you mention it's Christmas Eve as well?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, and it's Christmas Eve, you know. There's also this really sad scene where like Oliver Platt goes home, John Cusack gives him a ride home, and John Cusack's kids are like hate him, Like the little one still loves him because she's little and kind of doesn't know any better, and his son is still too young to be going like fuck you, I hate you. It's really sad actually, and I don't know if we're supposed to think it's funny, but it actually just made me really sad.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of beats here that I wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to react, and I was Harold Ramis, by the way, who's a great director, and I love his work, and he's obviously one of the funniest, sexiest.
Speaker 1: People in my opinion. I love him.
Speaker 2: Oh God, do I love him? Sorry, I get distracted for a second.
Speaker 1: She's all about that Egon, Oh, Egon, flashback.
Speaker 3: Here a movie for you. If you're all about Egon. It's a Ghostbusters after Life.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any of those by you don't want to see Ghostbusters after Life, Margot, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. That's a terrible friends. Don't let friends.
Speaker 2: Watch Ghostbusters after I was mad enough with Ghostbusters too, Like you didn't need to like twenty five years later, creative more shit ghosts.
Speaker 3: Ye, Ghostbusters two looks like the Ice Harvest compared to After Life?
Speaker 1: What continue?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I I like when you're talking about like their John Cusack's children. I One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when he's going to buy like last minute Christmas presence them and he just goes into like a like a convenience store, and he's more in there just to buy like a can of beer, which he drinks like right out of the face, right out of the fridge, and he buys just like a lot of like off the shelf, like army men, like little plush dolls that would cost you like six bucks and stuff like that, and the cashiers just like he questions it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's judging him, for sure.
Speaker 3: He's judging him for it. And then he goes, you have kids, and he said, and then the cashier says no, and he goes, well, then shut the fuck up. Because I've had that situation before, not with children and stuff, but like if I'm at Walgreens and I'm buying Graham crackers and her she's chocolate and like marshmallows, They're just like, hu, s'mores tonight, I'm like, shut the fuck up as I'm having smores. I'm not going to two different stores. Is to keep the scent off of Yes, the scent off to cashiers shut up.
Speaker 1: As someone who does have a kid, I've definitely had moments where I'm like, mind your business, yeah, like not your fucking business, but I'm doing shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I did laugh when Billy Bob Thornton's character tells John Cusack like go out and act normal and like we're gonna then we'll take our money and run when the ice thaws or whatever. And then he goes to like the strip club he always goes to, and then he orders a rum, which he doesn't normally drink, and then he asks for pineapple juice and he asks for like a little umbresson. Yeah, he's like telegraphing to them, and he's for everybody right, Like he's like, I'm not doing anything normal, Like I'm I'm going to leave for warmer climates. Like he's definitely telegraphing, like something's different, something's off his attempt.
Speaker 3: To be normal, like town's bridges.
Speaker 2: We are so gonna do a road trip to Danville one of these days, the three of us, and it'll be like a Sherman's March or something for us going to the Bridges restaurant.
Speaker 3: I keep thinking about. And Freddy's dead. There's a scene where Robert England goes, every town has an Elm Street, and I wish he says every town has a bridge bridges.
Speaker 2: I'm actually clapping and laughing and Clapter maybe laughter Clapter was and nobody gets it except us.
Speaker 1: That's the best part everyone Bridges is the restaurant for Missus Downfire.
Speaker 3: I have a question. I have a question for you too, because I was thinking this when I was watching Ice Harvest. I love, for some reason, watching like a Christmas movie, but it's in January. Like when I'm in January or February. For some reason, it's like I get like nostalgic for the last holiday season, because you know, of like the winter that, like at least in the Midwest or like on the East Coast, it's like the winter where it's like just dark and cold and stuff for like two much and it's just just like, oh, yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: At one point we put up lights and dice exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's like the remnants of a party that's over, you know. It's like all the lights are still up, and but nobody's in that festive mood anymore.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of I almost watched Jingle all the way last night.
Speaker 1: We both sucked at her.
Speaker 3: But then I realized I had like the Family Fun edition, which is like the director's cut, and I was just like theatrical all the way, where the fuck is it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I saw a version of Saturday Night Fever on YouTube and it says the family like the TV version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I never watched it. I should watch it because I kind of imagine they cut.
Speaker 1: Out like everything, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Stuff with the friends.
Speaker 1: It's an hour long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll talk about that in August.
Speaker 1: Yes we will. It's an hour long, and that's with commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's two Disco Duck scenes because they had to take out the essay that.
Speaker 1: Happens to one of the characters.
Speaker 2: So it's it's John Travolta and Denny Dillon dancing to Disco Duck for like five minutes, like they play the song twice.
Speaker 1: It's worth it.
Speaker 3: I wish I could do a Donald impression. I like the part in Disco Duck where they're just like disco.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know they the follow up with Disco Gorilla.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyone you guys will do anything to not talk about the Ice Harvest. I know, sorry, sorry, sorry, No, I love I love it. Let's talk about other disco one offs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm it's bad because, like the Ice Harvest was picked and it's my It was my fault because I couldn't decide on a movie for us to talk about, and I said, just pick an actor and I'll pick one of their movies, and Margo suggested John Keysack and I went through his movies and I was just like, they've got to have done shows on like all of these before, or like these these movies are like discussed a lot. And then I was like, oh, yeah, The Ice Harvest. I really liked that movie, and I don't think enough people have seen it. And then that's why I suggested it.
Speaker 1: No, it's totally fine.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do the paper with you because I was convinced that movie was filmed Chicago when it's obviously filmed any work.
Speaker 1: You see that the first.
Speaker 2: Two seconds, It's totally fine. It's I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 1: I just know not at all.
Speaker 2: John Cusack is a huge crush for me. He will always be like my movie boyfriend forever.
Speaker 3: I'm laughing because the paper sort of took on a life of its own. You and Sonya like we're sure that. I was like chopping at the bit to do the It.
Speaker 1: Was the whole time.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, are there any other shows you want to do?
Speaker 1: I was when convinced that Adam was like, my god, we need to talk about the paper like that. It was like he couldn't wait to talk about it. Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: But there's a reason for it, Like if I wanted to see it, I would have seen it. By no. Part of it is just I'm fifty to fifty on that cast. Like I like Keaton, and I like Tomae, and I like Duval, but like I just don't really like I'm never drawn to like a Glenn Closer Andy Quaid movie.
Speaker 1: So like, that's all right, Randy Quaid's so great. What an awesome dude. He's so smart, I.
Speaker 3: Mean more great offscreen than on screen, right, true?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, so let's talk about the Randy Quaid factor. He is playing the mob boss that they stole money from, and we are supposed to be really terrified of him, and then when he shows up, he's Randy Quaid. Do we get tony soprano? It's not very scary to me now. And it all just plays out really fast too, with the like he shoots him in the face but it's like a buckshot and he stabs him through the foot and like all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Who lost their finger?
Speaker 3: Uh, you's sack right, that was his finger.
Speaker 1: No, So there's also the hit man or whatever, not a hit man, he's like a bodyguard or something for and that's Mike Starr who spends a lot of the movie in a trunk. Yeah, and I think it's his finger.
Speaker 2: I think that's say what it is. Yeah, I'm just thinking like that actor, like was he just offset like yelling while they're like yelling at a suitcase behind them like this whole scene.
Speaker 1: I like to think they made that. He's like super method and he got in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, there you go. Yeah, there's certain things I remember that.
Speaker 1: I forgot about the finger.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this until like a year ago. But did you know that Mike Starr is brothers with bo Star, who played Henry Hill's dad and Goodfellows?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Mike's Starr was at this is if we're talking dorking out, Holy shit, I was. This was like two or three years ago in Chicago. They had the Office con which is like a convention for the show The Office, and they had like a couple of the regular cast members, but it was like a lot of people who had been in like one or two episodes and one of them was Mike Starr, and I feel bad that I didn't go meet him. Ah, I should have met Mike Starr.
Speaker 1: Mark. What what is he known for?
Speaker 3: He was in Dumb and Dummer he was man who dies from eating like the hot pepper burger. Oh okay, and then he was in a Good Fellows he was Frenchy. He was in Edwood. He was like the producer who put out who gave the money to Edward for Glenn or glend To.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie too. Yeah, yeah, I always remember him from Dumb and Dummers, the victim of do you want to hear the most annoying sound? He's like, guys, guys, oh that poor man.
Speaker 2: So I wonder like what the Sopranos did, because I just did a Sopranos reward over the holiday says most people do for a Christmas time. I wonder, like what kind of influence that had over like how people represent the mob in movies.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's interesting too, because like that came right after Harold raymis Is analyzed this. Yes, that whole it was. It was so like on the day you could just tell, like David Chase or the people behind the Sopranos were like annoyed that that movie came out because they like, it's like, we have this idea for our own series, but now we have to address that because otherwise it's the elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: Right. Did you like that movie, Sonya?
Speaker 2: Do you not like that movie or you just don't like the Fockers?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I I liked I liked analyze this. I actually thought it was really funny. Yeah, it was kind of the start of or it seemed to me at the time, kind of a start of Robert de Niro being able to like poke a little fun at himself. Yes, I do feel like that started to spiral out of control and I was like, I don't want to watch any of that. But yeah, I do super super hate Meet the Parents and Meet the Fuckers and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I analyze that as like really really terrible to Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's and I didn't but I didn't see that one.
Speaker 3: But do I ever tell you my analyzed this dating story?
Speaker 1: It's no tell me please.
Speaker 4: So I I was seventeen or sixteen when that movie came out in theaters, and I was going to the Bowling Alley a lot at the time, and I would always fall in love when I would go to the bowling alley. There'd always be like some teenage girl and I I'll I have to say this again. I was a teenager then, well, I'm telling you that would be like smoking cigarettes and stuff, and I would like fall in love because I was just like, oh, in.
Speaker 3: Dan your girl. So I met a girl at the at the bowling alley and I asked her out, and we were talking all night and we were having good time and stuff, and like I would go outside and like smoke cigarettes with her and stuff. And I asked her out and she ghosted me and I saw and then I saw her at the bowling alley like a couple of weeks later, and I was just like what was going on? And She's just like I just you were like coming on way too strong. And I just didn't want to go out on that date. And I was like, what are you talking about? And she's like, you wanted to go out to like this nice restaurant and then go see he analyze this And I just wanted to go to the bowling alley.
Speaker 1: You were too fancy for her? Yeah, of a date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just thought it was funny where it was just like this girl was like firmly her identity was like I'm bowling, allie, girl, you realize that. Don't even try to wind me and dine me.
Speaker 2: I ain't like that.
Speaker 1: It's the idea that you ask her out on a date and you ask her to do the like dinner, the most common date thing, and she's like that's a little too much.
Speaker 2: In next week, yes, it was like.
Speaker 3: If you have like an animal in captivity and then you set it free and it doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Run's back in the back into the cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It was like Keiko the whale from Free Willie, where they they did like this whole thing where they campaigned and fundraised and then they finally set the whale free and then all it did was just keep swimming back, being like what the fuck I want to go captivity.
Speaker 1: I'm hungry. I have my own food. O food. Now That's why I know my dogs would never run away. Yeah, yeah, my cats. I went on a date to see Meet the Parents and that theater was packed and everyone was laughing, including my date. It was the first date, and I was like, there's not going to be a second Like the fact that he thought it was funny and I didn't apparently was a deal breaker for me. So there was a second date.
Speaker 2: You don't even like that scene where the water polo scene where the girl gets whacked in the face with them, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like, No, I think. Actually the only thing that like kind of made me laugh was Cherry O. Terry is the at working at the airport, and like she's still going through the routine of we're seating military people, we're seating all that, and it's just Ben Stiller there to get seated, and like she still like won't seat him. She's just going through the That was like the only thing. But everything else I'm like, I hate. I had such a weird reaction to it. I wonder if I would like it now maybe yea.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it in forever, but I liked it at least the first time I saw it, So I guess no second dates on damn it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm more of a bowling alley girl.
Speaker 2: It's worth it, just it's worth it just to hear Owen Wilson pronounce the word.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should do an episode and I should I should revisit maybe yeah.
Speaker 3: I like in the water polo scene where like they circle up and James reb horns just like we're getting killed out there. Florence Nightingale over here with playful.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the ice harvest, the ice harvest.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be a famous episode. Other other things I did like, and most of them relate to Oliver Platt is Oliver Platt telling everyone in the bar that Cusack is a mob lawyer, like over and over. He's like, he's the most talented mob lawyer in Kansas. Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, Adam, you're an Illinois boy. Yeah, do you recognize the locations here?
Speaker 3: This took place in Illinois?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he filmed it in Illinois.
Speaker 3: Well filmed it in Illinois. Do you do you recall like where it was shot?
Speaker 1: I could look it up, Okay, yeah I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean nothing in it jumped out at me like, oh, I've been there. I'm guessing because it's Harold Ramis sort of grew up or like lived around the area where Home Alone was shot, like in Winnetka, right, just thing it was like in Winnetka Lake Bluff, like sort of north shore type of places.
Speaker 2: I'm getting it right now, Carpentersville, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Kagan, what was the second one?
Speaker 1: W a U k E g am.
Speaker 2: Oh Wakeganakegan Yeah, Maywood, Northbrook, Highland Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know Northbrook and Highland Park. Highland Park has shit. This is gonna drive me crazy. There's like a town within Highland Park and it's like the Secret Garden. It's so I'm convinced. I hallucinated it. It's like did you ever see that Twilight Zone episode, like a stop in willow By. Yeah, it's like that. It's like Willowby and I'm just like, what the fuck? What is this place? And I went there to watch like a University of Illinois like NCAA tournament game once with a friend of mine who lived in Highland Park. And I was just like, this was here the whole time. And then I just never went back and it was like twenty years ago, and I home would I think it's called home, would let me look it up? But yeah, it was. It was magical. I'm guessing Ice Harvest has a little homewood in it.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it is. I just they kept talking about how they're in Kansas, they're in Wichita, and they're in Kansas. But I so I didn't know, Like I mean, it's filmed in Illinois. That's because that's where he was based, right, I don't know how far.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about the Midwest. I don't know how far they are from each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's not Homewood because it says it's like two hours high Wood. It was called high Wood.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm sending all of your listeners to the wrong tone.
Speaker 1: If they were going to do their Ice Harvest pilgrimage, a bunch of people show up. Do you know that Twilight Zone episode where's the where's the restaurant? We're Oliver Platte harasses a bartender and to get the ass kicked and his pants pulled down.
Speaker 3: There's like guided tours and ship where does.
Speaker 1: The scrape his dummy?
Speaker 3: There's like a sign post that says, like this is where Oliver play At scraped his tummy in the iconic two thousand and five noir comedy The Ice Harvest. Now in Woodstock, Illinois, where Groundhog Day, another Harold Ramis movie was shot, they do have like all like all these designations of like this is where this scene took place, this is where ned Ryerson like like you know, ran up to Bill Murray and stuff like that. So and I during COVID, like early COVID, I nothing was open, so like I got kind of cabin fever. So like I drove over to Woodstock and I did the walking tour on my own, just like following it on Google, and it was wood Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that movie. Yeah, I love ned Ryerson.
Speaker 3: Yeahang, I'm going to the Groundhog Day at Alamo Draft House next week and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: What's the ground Oh? Please tell me they're not serving groundhog?
Speaker 3: I hope. I love that chuck.
Speaker 1: Once you tasted, you can't, No.
Speaker 3: You really, you really can't. It's delightful, especially when he gets to the teeth. It's so good. Let's see, I'm looking it up. I I am excited about it because I've been waiting for Chicago to get the feast events at Alamo, and I went to one in Austin like ten years ago for kill Bill and it was like a five course meal and they had drink pairings for every meal and it was for both Kill Bill movies. And by the end of it, I was like, schnocker. It was great.
Speaker 1: I love their events. I think they're fun. I missed that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Groundhog Day feast is the menu is, I got you pave, which is roussette potatoes sliced thin, covered in cream and roasted with fancy cheese, fresh picked herbs and caramelized onions, served garnished with olive oil and fried spinach.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 3: Yes, no tomorrow, Lasagna, layers of pasta with garlic, roasted mushrooms, creamy mutz orrella cheese, and a rich parmesan sauce garnished with fried basil leaves. Yeah, chocolate never gets old. White chocolate mustard sliced strawberries and shaved dark chocolate between sheets of crispy puff pastry flakes, garnished with fried mint.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of food.
Speaker 3: Pairings. Twelve thousand days of Solitude, sweet sweet vermouth, limon and twist Evan Williams bourbon and and Gohotura bitters.
Speaker 1: They should do a feast with the Brutalist because that movie so long you could finish the food. That's a lot of food.
Speaker 3: Although like part of it is because they were coming from World War Two, they weren't eating a lot, so it might be kind of disrespectful. Speaking of disrespectful, I know we're not talking about the ice harvest anymore, but I have something about I have something about ice I want to talk to you about. So a couple of years ago, when they did the most recent re release of Titanic, I went with my mom to see it at the movie theater and we would we kind of just got in a habit of seeing like Titanic together, like every time it came it was re released. And I was going to get her drink and she said she wanted to get a drink with ice, and I was like, Mom, that's disrespectful. And then it made me think that is there like a statute of limitations for like real life tragedies where they're hilarious, Because I wonder, like when that happened with the Titanic disaster, because it seems like it's just like an event that happened, but people act like it never really happened, and it's like a joke. It's weird.
Speaker 1: It is weird.
Speaker 2: It was also because they didn't find that ship until the eighties or the nineties. Robert Ballard found it, so I think it kind of was hard for people to even just imagine it real, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then when.
Speaker 2: They found it, I feel like the conversation started changing because it is, you know, a tomb down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not to pile on, but I liked in Titanic when you see at the back of the ship that says Titanic falls as Titanic.
Speaker 1: Falls, That is in the director director cut up, how that got there? I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Other things about Oliver Platt that I love in this movie. I love that when he needs to vomit, he runs and vomits in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had the whole outdoors, but instead he runs and vomits in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like when John Cusack takes the other car that Oliver Platt has, He's just like, I don't know, something asshole threw up.
Speaker 1: In mind, writes it on the dry erase board. Yeah, mine has vomit for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for that cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That guy used to do I don't know if he still does or not, but he used to be like a fixture of improv Olympic in Chicago. Him and the guy who plays the politician. It's they had a show for a long time, like a long form improv show called TJ. Dave and they're just sort of like royalty in those theaters.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It got to the point though, like where I saw the TJ and Dave show and everybody's just like, oh, this is haloed comedy, like, and I watched it and people are laughing at stuff, and I'm like, this shit isn't funny. And then I found that out loud to somebody and it was like, I said, I love O J. Simpson. It's like how they looked at me.
Speaker 2: Improv shows can go you know, haywire in a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's supposed to be the fun of it, but I find it annoying.
Speaker 1: It's stressful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of friends in improv groups.
Speaker 1: I have friends that do have done improv and taken improv classes, and they have encouraged me to take classes with them, and I'm like, I'm too scared. I'm like, I would throw up. I would throw up in the car. Yeah, I could not do it. I don't have the stomach for it.
Speaker 2: I was at a meeting at YMCA and we had this woman that was in charge of the instructors, and she was notorious because she believed in icebreaking sessions, you know, before meetings. But they went on for like an hour.
Speaker 1: They were really annoying. And her favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Was have all these instructors, so these are all people that are used to just talking on their own and doing their own thing and not being a part of a group. And she created an improv game where you had to like tell a story and then go from person to person and then change it. And so I kind of was getting into it and then the person said it next to me completely crashed and burned and just.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know what to say right now, Like.
Speaker 2: She was really upset, and I was so angry at her because I had a really great idea and it was derailed. Yeah, you're ruining my stores, You're right, And I was just like, And then I said to a friend mine, who was an hrur, because people in HR should now you don't do improv. Most people can't do improv, Like it's just too stressful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I miss And when I was in second city classes, I was in this one class with a guy named Lewis and he was probably like in his fifties or sixties, and I was at the time in my twenties, and at the time I was frustrated in scenes with him because he would always do the same thing. But now I think it's like fucking hilarious and I wish I could do go back in time. All he did was he would get into a scene and start poking you in the chest with an index finger with his index finger and just say, what's the big idea?
Speaker 1: And I like, funny shit right there? Yeah, that was great, big idea?
Speaker 3: What's the big idea with?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did anybody did you have any famous people in your class, people that went on to become comedians that we would know about.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't remember his name, but there was one guy who like went on to either write or wrecked like a Netflix comedy movie. And then there was a girl named Jen who was a writer for the Stephen Colbert Show for a long time. Oh, I think that's it. I think from my class that was about it. And then there's a lot of people who like still do improv from my classes, but just like locally, so huh yeah.
Speaker 5: So Ice Harvist, should we talk about Should we talk about the scene where they are dragging the trunk to the.
Speaker 1: Lake, this frozen lake and the Like there's this whole thing where, like I think junk Q sex characters finally starting to figure out Billy Bob Thornton was going to kill him and take all the money, and there's this weird thing about so Mike Star like busts out of he gets out of the trunk and he shoots Billy Bob Thornton, who doesn't even flinch and just stands there like leading. And then he shoots Mike Starr and he's like, don't just stand there, You're dead or something, and he collapses. Sorry, what were gonna say, Margo?
Speaker 2: No, I just thought of the song from that Vampire show that I love what we do in the shadows.
Speaker 1: You did, you did, You did you'd.
Speaker 2: And that's all I can think of, like a child with a yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's like this whole thing about like he that John Cusack like pushes Billy Bob Thornton into the into the frozen lake and he's like, I'm just gonna take the money and leave, and then he realizes that the money's not in the car and he comes back and at some point he in like Billy Bob Thornton's wife and I'm like, are we supposed to think that's all funny because it I.
Speaker 3: Think in like a dark comedy kind of way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, it doesn't work for me.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like they should have made the money, like it should have been more money than two million dollars, because it seems like I get it, like, you know, you're small town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But at the same.
Speaker 3: Time, if you're like a mob lawyer, I'm assuming you would have more than two million dollars just off hand, you know. Yeah, So like I to make, like to risk everything, I would think that it would need to be like twenty million dollars or something, because you're not gonna be like dining and this is just kind of the sad state of affairs of things. But it's like you're not gonna be dining out for the rest of your life on two.
Speaker 1: Million dollars, right, well, And it always reminds it reminds me of the line in Fargo where she says, like all of this for a little bit of money, Yeah, Like it hardly seems worth it that they're all fully murdering people over this money, and some of these murders could have been avoided, Like there's no reason for Billy Bob Thornton's wife to get shot in the head, or the showdown between Connie Nielsen and John Cusack, where like, you know, he first she's got the money at her place, but she still thinks it's a good idea to bring John Cusack back to her place, when really she could have just been like see you later, take the money and leave. But then she decides she wants to kill him. And then he's like, well, I'm going to kill her and take the money. And it's like, well, he could have just taken the money and left, but instead we're going to murder people. And it just didn't All of that just didn't work for me.
Speaker 3: Now I want to watch Fargo, ye I had.
Speaker 1: I had that same reaction last night. I again, I watched it with a friend of mine and I turned to it and I said, I would love to watch Fargo right now, Like I think this wanted to be like a Fargo, and it doesn't work for me because we don't have a Marge character that I to that is like the heart of the movie, the moral compass. Yes, exactly, that's what I needed, I think, and that's what I'm missing from this movie. And if the closest we're getting is Oliver Platt. That's not good. Like as great as Oliver Platt is, it's not enough. Yeah, But I do love the end where like he wakes up, you know, in the back of the car at the end, and they're gonna go get pancakes or whatever. Like I'm glad he comes out alive. But yeah, I think I just I it's it's no Fargo. That's for nothing. Well, nothing can be. That's unfair, that's unfair. But I think this definitely had a I don't think it's unfair, to be honest with you, Sonya.
Speaker 2: I think you can draw a line like from people watching Fargo and then years later people trying to capture that magic, yeah, and make it work and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Like all these movies that came out after pulp fiction that wanted to be pult and some of those knockoffs are more successful than others. And I think we got a series of Fargo knockoffs, and yes, that's a good call. And I don't think a lot of them work because they're missing the heart, the heart exactly. They're just leaning into the the crime and the murder.
Speaker 3: And another one I remember was called like Windshill, and it was with Greg Kineer and Alan Arkin. And the only reason I remember it is because it's a running joke with me and a friend of mine because he went to the theaters to see Windshill and he couldn't believe that I didn't see wind Shill, And I'm like, how can you not believe.
Speaker 2: That I didn't see I don't even know winchill is And I love Adam Arkin, Alan Arkin, I love all the Orchids.
Speaker 1: I'm like, maybe a better example of a successful Fargo. Maybe this isn't because I haven't seen it in a long time. But a Simple Plan that's a great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, A Simple Plans, pretty terrific A Thornton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's but it's so good and it's also sad and it's verreetic. Yeah. I just remember really really liking that one, and it like hitting me in a little soft spot when I saw it. But I haven't seen it probably since the theater.
Speaker 3: So, but this was a Homewood highwood thing. But it wasn't called Windshill. It was called thin Ice. I'm losing it. But I also we when we were talking about everything other than the ice Harvest. I forgot. I did look up, and we can't get a table at Bridges pretty easily tonight.
Speaker 1: Hurry up, up, you guys, get out here. You can see it in place. We'll take the bart. I'll tell my niece that I can't make it to go see wolf Man and we'll go to Bridges. I love it. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: We'll go buy my old house, just bother these people that live there.
Speaker 1: Now. People are doing that all the time in the movies. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Is Danville close to where the San Francisco Giants play?
Speaker 1: No, it's like a good hour away. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's yeah, And I would say an hour outside of San Francisco, which is why it's very silly that that's where they decide to have their fancy dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was annoying enough to bother the screenwriter at that movie about it.
Speaker 1: It's like years after the movie came out. She's kind of like, that wasn't.
Speaker 2: My choice, just so you like, girl, leave me alone?
Speaker 1: Weirdo. People in San Francisco are obsessed with Missus Doubtfire. So yes, I'm sure that they're Nash Bridges and Nash Bridges and Midnight Caller. That was another one. Oh, they need more shows to film here.
Speaker 2: I think they will now because of unfortunately what's happening in LA I wonder if there's gonna be more filming in New York and San Francisco.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, imagine tonight we could be like marathoning Nash Bridges on a belly full of Bridges.
Speaker 1: I'm dying. I'm sorry, I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead.
Speaker 2: I'm dead.
Speaker 1: That sounds like such a good plan. Hurry up, get on your planes.
Speaker 3: I want to like use AI for this episode and like see those little meters things at the bottom of the screen where it's like you talked about ice harvest this much, and you talked about all this other shit this much.
Speaker 1: I'll title the episode doorkeying out everything but ice harvest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just hashtag all the other stuff we're talking about.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is, out of four stars, I would give ice Harvest like three and a half, but I want to talk about anything other than the ice.
Speaker 1: See, I'm thinking this is like two. I would give it like a two. I give it one and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think part of the problem is too I misunderstood, like when we were recording this episode. So I watched it like a week ago, and I don't remember anything.
Speaker 1: It's right, that's on me. That's my bad.
Speaker 3: Nah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: I just know it's the ice harvest fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is the ice harvest's fault.
Speaker 1: God damn. Yeah, blame it on the ice harvest.
Speaker 3: M What are some of your other favorite Cusack movies?
Speaker 1: Say anything?
Speaker 2: It is a really good one. God, I like a lot of his stuff. High Fidelity is a great movie. I mean it's not a perfect film, but I really I thought that was a really good adaptation because I really love that book.
Speaker 1: He's so good in that movie.
Speaker 2: At least perfect for that movie because he is that character.
Speaker 1: It is know it. It is one of my favorite movies to point people to about how relationships are work and what it's like when after the happily ever after, Like there could have been a whole movie where he just pursues that woman and they're like and they're together now, and this is what happens after that, Like you have to work at it. It doesn't and he continues to pursue that like new you know, like where he's what's the woman's name Natashas and wager. Yeah, and he's like, I'll just move on to like you know, he entertains the idea of like moving on to like something new, because then you get that like new new girlfriend smell, I guess, and that's what he But you can't do that because then you're just the old man at the bar all alone, right to make it work. So I really think he's so so good in that.
Speaker 2: What are your favorite movies, Adam of q Sax.
Speaker 3: I mean probably High Fidelity is my favorite. I do like, yeah, like you named say anything quite a bit. I like, if you want to count stand by me, that's yes there. I could watch Connie anytime. I could watch Gross point blank anytime. Yeah. I being John Malkovich is terrific.
Speaker 1: That's a great one. Yeah, it's a good one too.
Speaker 3: I can't stand Serendipity.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no, I don't like that one either.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 1: My sister loves fourteen o eight? She watches every year. It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite recent bad movies, but I still like it is The Raven where he plays at gray All and Poe.
Speaker 2: I like that movie too, And it's stupid as hell, but I do enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a great poe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's pretty good at it. I got all right. So there's a few movies of his that I haven't seen and I want to see. If you think you too, think I should watch them or not? Okay, okay, Pushing Ten.
Speaker 1: I can't even remember.
Speaker 2: I know I saw that movie, but it's another one that just as a sieve, I don't remember much about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cradle Will Rock.
Speaker 2: That movie's very pretentious. It's really pretentious.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's up its own ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's Tim Robbins up his own ass. I've seen some Tim Robbins off Broadway plays, and really he's very convinced. He's like super smart.
Speaker 3: It's probably tough for him to be up his own ass, though, because he's like.
Speaker 1: Really tall, he's so big. How does he pull that off? Yeah, yoga, I guess he probably has to like get.
Speaker 3: Up early in the morning.
Speaker 2: The d.
Speaker 3: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
Speaker 2: That movie is not great. The book is really good. The movie is very hit or miss for me. He's good in it, but the character is in real life a gay man who moves there and finds himself with a room full of eccentrics, and he fits in better than he does in New York where in this movie. In the movie, it's Alison Eastwood being John Cusack's love interest, and they're obviously like not from Savannah and have no relation to it. Yeah, it's it's it's it's an Eastwood, so it is by It's fine, it's but if you liked I really love the book.
Speaker 1: It's not a it's not a good adaptation of the book.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, Anastasia never seen it, never seen it. Money for nothing, never seen it.
Speaker 2: The Grifters, Great Great Rifters is amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a copy.
Speaker 1: Amazing. You love it.
Speaker 3: Tape Heads, I.
Speaker 1: Love tape Heeds is a weird.
Speaker 2: Mike Nesmith was the person who directed it. He was from The Monkeys and I worked on one of his books a while ago, and Niz they called him and that was his favorite thing that he ever did.
Speaker 1: Okay, element parts in that. Yeah, it played at my theater, and I saw it at the theater and then I would go in and watch parts of it. And I don't know if the movie's aged well or not, but I really I really very eighty five. I like Goofy John Cusacks. So yes. Some of my faves are like Better Off Dead or The sure Thing.
Speaker 3: That's the one I forgot to mention. The sure Thing is like one of.
Speaker 2: My favorites of Oh, it's such a good movie. I thought, I don't think people talk about it enough. I think that's a really sweet, funny movie.
Speaker 3: Right, It's One Crazy Summer, the one with him and so good. I should watch that one because I'm like a kick right now.
Speaker 1: Margot, did we do one Crazy Summer?
Speaker 2: We did do One Crazy Summer. It's gotten away. Yeah, it's one of the ones to be covered. It's I love that. It's so silly, it's super funny. Booger's in there. Yeah, it's it's good.
Speaker 3: Are you rooting for Demi Moore to win Best Actress?
Speaker 1: I am. I am totally.
Speaker 2: I've always I've been a fan of her since she was on General Hospital in the eighties. I was like, I've been on the Moor train for a really long time. And I really liked her autobiography that she put out a couple of years that was really She's really smart and I think she's a lot more sensitive than people. I just always thought of her as like a big movie star, like somebody who just really wanted to be famous and got there. Yeah, And I didn't realize when you read her book, you realize just how sensitive she really is and how much she's sort of like a person that reacts to everything that's happening around her. So like she was a different person when she was married to Bruce Willis, and then she became a different person when they left, and then she was with Ashton Kutcher, and I think I see her vulnerability more and I think it's that part is perfect for her.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so fucking good in that movie. Yeah, great, and it's I love that it's nominated for all this stuff. It's very rare for a movie like Yes, Get Love. And I don't know how you nominate her though, and not nominate Margaret Kualer, who seems incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, that was my favorite movie last year, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Glad I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It's got all those nominations. I also want her to win because I think it torpedoes Andrew McCarthy's Brats documentary.
Speaker 1: Do you all want to hear the Top ten movies of two thousand and five. Sure, sure, okay, we've never done a two thousand and five movie before number ten, mister and missus Smith.
Speaker 3: I'd be curious to revisit that and see what it feels like to watch game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I watched it since the theater.
Speaker 3: So yeah, same here, but I did.
Speaker 1: I liked it at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, And they had incredible chemistry those two, Jennifer Andison had no chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of fortunately, speaking of Jennifer Aniston in two thousand and five, I watched Rumor has It for the first time yesterday. The movie's bent.
Speaker 2: Is that with Jay Moore?
Speaker 3: No, that's picture perfect?
Speaker 2: Oh okay. She had a series of really shitty films in the nineties.
Speaker 1: This is Rumor says.
Speaker 3: It was the Graduate one.
Speaker 1: Oh right, and it's Shirlie Maclain. Yeah, okay, I know Cosner.
Speaker 3: It was one of my unseen costners, so I checked. He's great in it. It's just the movies twisted.
Speaker 1: And do you think he's dating j Loo?
Speaker 3: I hope?
Speaker 2: So what Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, my sister sent me something from like Radar Online or whatever, like some one of those online news publications. If that's what it is I don't know, but yeah, that she's like pursuing him, which I thought he was dating Jewel, but I guess maybe not anymore.
Speaker 2: Played at the Trump thing the other day, so she's yeah, she was at the Robert F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy thing. Yeah, and now.
Speaker 2: She's saying like, well, I'm trying to be a bridge, you know, we need to communicate with each other.
Speaker 3: I'm like the whole Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 2: Line of yes, and she's pissed because she wasn't paid.
Speaker 1: When is he ever paid his bill? Dumb? Dumb. Anyone who's talking about unity right now and wasn't before, that's a red flag, y'all. Read. Yeah, Yeah, I didn't hear about j Lo and Costner. Yeah, this is news to me. I'm gonna have to google that ship after this.
Speaker 2: She's I don't know, maybe like Ben Affleck's like a huge Costner fan.
Speaker 3: He was in the company then with him. I remember that. Yeah, it would be funny if like the whole time she was with Ben and it was like the Jenny on the Block music video. She's just thinking about the movie Dragonfly, Like this is something that's just been festering for twenty years.
Speaker 2: I love what's the movie he did with a Oh god, damn it, he plays the spy.
Speaker 3: Uh, Three Days to Kill.
Speaker 1: No, it was Sean Young.
Speaker 3: Oh, No Way Out, No Way Out.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's when I kind of had an obsession with him from.
Speaker 1: I had a huge shun Cossner back in the day, like No Way Out. Yeah, he had some good movies. Yeah, he could have had this. I'll be honest. He could still have this. Yeah he could absolutely Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not? He could have this too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then in the spirit of unity.
Speaker 3: He's the type of guy where like he'd be like what He'd be like, Adam, what do you want to do on a date? And I'd be like, ride horses and go buy a watch. He seems like the guy who it's just like, let's go buy a watch. I don't know, you get like a really good one. It's like he would take you to like there's like a rich person's fossil and he would take you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Let's do a triple date. Sure, Okay, number nine.
Speaker 2: Let's make it forever.
Speaker 1: It was longer than the I'm having the best time. Number nine is Madagascar. Yeah, my son really liked it, and I'm like, it's fine.
Speaker 3: How many Medagascars are there?
Speaker 1: There's like three or four, but there's also like the penguins of Madagascar, so there's like a no, no, it's DreamWorks. Yeah, it's DreamWorks. Yeah. Number eight Batman Begins.
Speaker 3: It's a good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that one. Number seven Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Nope, nope, that can go back. Number six Wedding Crashers. I liked Wedding Crashers.
Speaker 2: I'm sure vulgar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it at the time. I suspect I wouldn't like it very much.
Speaker 2: Now it's pretty vulgar. I wonder how it's aged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for f this movie, I'm doing like the twenty year anniversary of the two thousand and five stuff, and I'm right yeah, I'm right there with like watching all the frat boy comedies and stuff. Yeah, I watched Waiting. Do you remember Waiting with Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's like the like where they work at like a TGI Friday's type of restaurant, and it's like, yeah, so on PC and like they would never have a comedy do like the jokes that they do in it. So I wonder if Wedding Crashes is going to feel like that.
Speaker 1: I absolutely think it would.
Speaker 2: I think there's some women that are wait, not giving consent because they're way wasted.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that. Yeah. Number five is King Kong. Is that thee with Naomi Watts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never liked that one.
Speaker 1: No, it's not good.
Speaker 3: It's kind of up its ass y.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I still too long too, sonya. I did like it, yeah, but also it was too low.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number four was More of the Worlds. That's a good movie. I like that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't like the third act. Was one of those people where I think it like and it's like the Brutalists where just yeaching the ending, just leave early. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Number three is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Speaker 3: It's a good one, good one.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite of the Harry Potter movies. Number two is The Chronicles of Narnia. Good movie. I like the I like at the time.
Speaker 2: So I like the Saturday Night Live sketch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's like its biggest legacy.
Speaker 1: Delicious, double true. I love that one. And then number one is Star Wars Episode three, Revenge of the Sith. I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear the top ten songs when this came out, It's like November fifth, two thousand and five. Let's see how many margos and so, you know, let's do it. Number number ten we be burning Sean.
Speaker 1: Paul Nope, don't remember it.
Speaker 2: I number nine, I know this one, Green Day, wake me up before September when September on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I love Green Day.
Speaker 2: I'd like Grendaia. Number eight Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 1: Because of you.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 1: I like Kelly Clarkson a lot. She is same.
Speaker 2: Number seven. I don't know this one, Mariah Carey shake it off.
Speaker 3: Oh I know that one? Yeah? Is it like a featuring somebody?
Speaker 1: I can't remember, not this version.
Speaker 2: The next one is number six like You Bow Wow featuring Siara.
Speaker 3: I remember that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is like right around the last time that I remember songs.
Speaker 1: We're catching you right at the song the sweet song. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So number five Soul survivor Young Geezy featuring Acon. Oh it sucks, sucks, I know, Oh thank you. Speaking of sucks, some people have a violet reaction to Nickelback.
Speaker 1: Number four photograph. Well, I know it, Bunny. I like nickelbackfive.
Speaker 3: The problem I'm team Avril of Bean, so I can't support Chad Kroeger.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Oh, Avril's pretty awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number three The Black Eyed Peas My Humps.
Speaker 1: That's a good song.
Speaker 3: They're confusing to me, Like it's one of those It's one of those like cultural things where you're just like, of course they were the biggest band ever for a while, but like you're also like, how did that happen?
Speaker 1: It's a bit of both.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number two Chris Brown run It.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like him, but I used to love that song. I used to like his music too.
Speaker 2: I just can't now now that he's suing because people have the nerve to call him a shitty person.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's not get there.
Speaker 2: Number one Gold Digger Kanye West featuring Jamie Fox.
Speaker 1: Good song, y'all. I think that's a good song.
Speaker 2: Kanye don't like him, No, Kanye sucks, but that song is pretty.
Speaker 1: Dope, my monach. That whole album actually was really good. Yeah, I was. It has stronger on it and yes, else like that was a good album.
Speaker 3: I like his first two albums were great and Yeah, he had this whole like and I saw him a concert twice and both concerts were amazing because one was like a midnight secret show that was with John Legend at House of Blues and was unbelievable, and the other one was at the United Center where the Bulls play. It's like he was the headliner. The second headliner was Rihanna, and before that was n E. R D and Loupe Fiasco, And like one other person, I was like, this is embarrassment of riches.
Speaker 2: I know Rihanna and everything else is a big tumbleweeds of my brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rihanna did was so good that by the time Kanye West came out, it was just like what, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I know somebody who worked Rihanna had a fan made and greet for one of her shows, and it was around the time of Avril Levine.
Speaker 1: She had a meet and greet Like it was.
Speaker 2: It was a popular thing to talk about in the media because Avril Levine clearly told people, no, you can't touch me, No you can't stand near me. No I won't do a goofy face for you, like I won't do shit. They all look awkward and then the other one is they pair it with Rihanna, who will do anything you ask her to do. She doesn't give a ship like she She's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's my point. Yeah, well, I'm glad we didn't talk about the ice harvest. This was fun.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about it just enough to be frank with you.
Speaker 3: We got there. We got there at a time to talk about.
Speaker 2: No the people people. Yeah, I think we're I like all the people involved with it to varying levels. I mean, I just yeah, I'm not going to beat it up anyway. I loved talking to you guys. That's always fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my favorite part. Yeah, that's the best part. Adam. Where can people find you on the Internet.
Speaker 3: You can find me at f thismovie dot com. That's the letter F this Movie, and I'm on Blue Sky. I don't remember what my handle is, but if you just look up Adam Risky, I think you can find it. And I do a show through F this Movie on YouTube called The Reserve Seating that airs every Thursday morning, And if you go to the F This Movie channel on YouTube you can find all those videos there.
Speaker 2: They're great.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I co host that with film critic from Philadelphia, Rob d.
Speaker 2: Christina heart Throb teacher from Philly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's almost like a cliche. How perfect he is.
Speaker 2: He's really great too. He's also yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: I'm not here. Yeah, he's good people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Margo, Where can people find you on the internet?
Speaker 2: As of right now, this could all change, but I'm at Brooklyn Fitchick.
Speaker 1: That's that stays.
Speaker 2: I'm Brooklyn Fitchick for Threads and Instagram, and I'm at Brooklyn Margo for TikTok and Blue Sky, and then my YouTube is at my name Margo Donahue.
Speaker 1: Everyone should follow her. She shares all kinds of clips and her book is coming out this year and you're not going to want to miss that, so follow her on the things. You can find me at the Sonia Show dot com. That's never going away. I paid for that at stay, but everything else is up for grabs. You can find me the Sonia Show on Blue Sky, Instagram, TikTok uh, all the things, Yeah, those things. Dorking Out email us at dorking Out Show at gmail. That's also not going away. You can send us requests. We'd love to do requests, and if you give us your address Margot will send you stickers. Please give us a review wherever you listen. It helps us find our people, and you can go to dorking outshow dot com also on Thread's instagram, blue Sky all the places. Somebody left us a five star review.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're right doorking out, and we were really flattered because we got a one star for.
Speaker 1: Which we get a lot. Yes, women suck. Yeah over in our other podcast, what a creep? We got a one star or someone who's like, I don't like it when they hurt my feelings. But no, they said they didn't.
Speaker 2: They like they said we were rude to our guests, and like we've had like three guests in the last five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what they were talking about. But we did get two reviews, two five star reviews over at for dorking Out. One is from dork Queen, very prop we love that, and then another one who just wrote person and then says eight four eight eight two eight. So I don't know if I just gave someone a secret code to something, but we super appreciate your five star reviews. Thank you. Oh h and this was this was really fun, not talking about ice harvest with you guys. I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I guess next time my mind, we should like issue a challenge to stay on top of the
Speaker 2: H