Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRI, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, rock News brought you by our Tuesday ticket takeover today, happening at one O one one w jrr's instagram in this moment tickets. If you would like to go to that show, we would urge you to visit our instagram at some point today and take action.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're not following us at one O one one w JRR and our promotions department picks several people to win today, so hopefully it's.
Speaker 2: You, Taco Bob. I'm glad you made it back in time for rock News from the Rocket window here on the fourth floor of the Maitland Center. That's how I do it. I guess straight rocket to Rock's watching that SpaceX Falcon nine just take off a few minutes ago.
Speaker 3: And he looked at the boss man, I said, it never gets old watching rockets go up.
Speaker 2: Great White is making changes following these and death of Jack Russell last week. They're changing the name of the band obviously, had been going as Jack Russell's Great White. It will now be known as Once Bitten. All right, moving forward, there will be a tribute show in honor of late Great White singer coming up on Friday at the Arcada Theater in Illinois.
Speaker 3: So question who had the name first? Him or the dog? Have you ever thought about that? It just hit me. I'm like, wait, Jack Russell is a dog.
Speaker 2: You ask all the hard hitting questions.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to assume that that breed of dog has probably been around for quite some time.
Speaker 3: His parents must really not like Tom anyway.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, Rest of Peace ac DC wrapping up their European leg of their Power Up tour in it at Croke Park in Dublin over the weekend. Eighty five thousand rock fans there.
Speaker 3: Lanswers tell me about it earlier eighty five that think of the magnitude of that crowd watching you perform, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So they wrapped the European tour. So the question is, hello, guys, are you gonna come over here this way? I was thinking there's some really big rock festivals that are paced or you know, spread out across the year here in the United States.
Speaker 3: There is one, you know, Yeah, you think this will be the year for rock film. God, I hope so I thought it was last year. Is gonna snag him?
Speaker 2: Danny Wimmer, Hey, dude, my blood, you're gonna get these guys sign on the dotted line or what? They'd be sweet? That would be sweet. The guys in Metallica want to play into their eighties like Rolling Stone style. I could see him doing it. I just don't know what a geriatric Metallica. I'm thinking that the entery, not that the Stones aren't energetic. God knows. Mick Jagger is way more athletic than will ever be. Oh god, yeah, but there's a little more going on in a Metallica show than a Stone show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not just dancing across the stage to jump a jack flash.
Speaker 2: The pace is a little bit quicker. The music as well. Hey, I hope we do have Metallica into their eighties. That that would be a beautiful thing. Speaking of Metallica, Robert Trillo and Kirk Hammett showed up as a couple of special guests at that Pantera Club show we told you about last week that happened last week ahead of their opening from Metallica in Minneapolis this past weekend, just that small show. So they did the club show, which is cool. But here's the hot rumor is it was recorded and that's going to be a live album. Ah Pantera. So not per confirmed jet, but that would be way cool, small little intimate club show with Pantera. So we'll see where that goes. Now that that hearkens the next question, what about the current lineup of Pantera? Would they ever consider doing new music? Zach Wilde. This guy is so correct and careful when he deals with the current incarnation of Pantera, and knowing his role, he goes that is absolutely up to Phil and Rex. That's the way to do. Members of the you know Pantera from back in the day. Zac's like, whatever they want to do, I'm good with sonswer So we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 3: Somebody said I got information inside information. They definitely are. Now again that's not confirmed.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 4: What a CDC, let's I know this is just us. It's alleged wishing out loud that that's gonna happen. Speaking, A large crowds system of a down and deaf tone came together this past weekend at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. Fifty thousand showed up for that. That's only the second show that system has done this year and will be the only other show they've done this year. Of the fifty thousand that showed up, the event organizer said ninety percent of them were not from San Francisco. Ninety percent of the fans makes sense, we're from elsewhere. Drowning Pool. Their first new song was singer Ryan mccoombs, who also does double time in Soil and has returned to Drowning Pool. They will put out their first new song with Ryan in thirteen years. They say it's mixed, mastered, and ready to go and we should be getting our ears on that very very soon.
Speaker 3: This is after everybody kept asking them, hey, guys, what you were talking about last week in Rockney exactly?
Speaker 2: Uh. Blink one eighty two have announced a sequel album to One More Time, Part Two with eight new songs coming out. That's going to be in September. I have the date here somewhere. Yeah, September sixth, One More Time Part two will be out. If you can't get enough new Blink one eighty two material, there's eight more songs coming your way.
Speaker 3: As long as it's not like that one more time. Every time I hear that, I just go, please, don't play this one more time.
Speaker 2: I'll let the program director know.
Speaker 3: End.
Speaker 2: I'll let the program director know. And this is pretty humor well humorous will end on this Sammy Hagar. You know, they're out doing the shows with the Best of All Worlds Band, as he calls it, performing mainly Sammy Hagar stuff and doing some Van Halen era material as well. Sammy was asked, hey, with this cool lineup of musicians you got here, they're all pretty good, would you guys consider doing any music new music? And he goes, I guarantee it. He goes, I don't know why we want to do that, due because no one buys records anymore. We might sell maybe fifty or sixty thousand, But he goes, I need a tax right off.
Speaker 3: So why not him and that tequila and all the other business.
Speaker 2: You slap together something new? Put it out there, and hey if it if it flops, so be it. I need the tax ride off. At least he's being honest, right exactly. Right there you go, there's your rock news for this week.
Speaker 3: We got your bird for three decades. This is Orlando's rock station, one on one one w JR R