Speaker 1: Well, Waters three was wet and the Clippers fall on a game winner in preseason game number one by the three ball from Waters ninety one to ninety in Honolulu, Hawaii. Welcome into your postgame Clippers talk show. I'm at a Moslin Coming up, we'll get to your final box score. Chuck Mockler will be here from Clips and dipp But first back out to Stan Sheriff Center with your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlojmenez. Carlo, we had a fun one down the stretch and it was Waters World late there. I guess for Golden State.
Speaker 2: Five is seven out of impressive stuff from Lindy Waters to no surprise, im press He goes out and drafts a guy in this late second round, and.
Speaker 3: What does he get? A pure shooter who was able to knock down a ton of three. He's finished the game with.
Speaker 2: A team high fifteen points, and he got the look you wanted, he got the space he wanted, and he knocked down the three after the Clippers defense was impressive and you get two deflections on that last possession, you get one stop. You think you're good with one point seven? Lendy a little too much space a little too late. Good learning for that young group. It was fun to watch the entire time. Fun to call. I think Clippers basketball being back. We missed it, we needed it. As you said, we didn't feel whole. I feel a lot better and I can't wait.
Speaker 3: To do it again on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Clippers game number two against the Brooklyn Nets from Oceanside in San Diego at the clippers new g G Unit G League facility. We'll have some fun there as well. I believe that's a radio exclusive. But more in the second half of this one before we get to the starters. Kobe Brown really asserted himself well in that second half, especially with eleven points nine boards when the Clippers couldn't find any offense. In fact, they had just three points five minutes into the second half. Kobe Brown kind of took control of this ball game for the Clippers on that end, Carlo, he was aggressive, Adam.
Speaker 2: I almost wonder if Coach lou is going to go back there and ask him to be a little more aggressive. Team high twenty seven minutes felt like he could have taken a couple more shots. Heke he was getting by Quinton post time and time again, but towards the end of the game, getting into the paint and hesitating a little bit looking for his teammates. There's an opportunity here for everybody, but I think especially for Kobe Brown, because what separates him from maybe the rest of the guards at him is the size. For Kobe Brown, you're talking about toony pick seven, two forty. He's got the length, he's got the width, He's a lot quicker. It seems like this offseason, I feel like he looks a lot more comfortable with the basketball than we've seen in seasons before, and he's gonna have opportunities. Look, Ocean Side's coming up quick, Clippers Fly, don't get in till two to three am tonight, uh into LA.
Speaker 3: Don't expect a lot of those starters to play.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of the guys who played the second half on will get even more minutes when we see them in front way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe some more from Jordan Matt Jordan Miller, excuse me, maybe some more from Cam Christy Bones Highland had a couple of buckets for them. But let's talk about the starters. Because it was the James Hardnevitz's Zuboch Show with a little bit of Norton Kyle sprinkled in in that first half. James Harden, We've talked a lot about his conditioning and where he looks, and he's mentioned it himself. This is the best shape he's been in in almost seven years right now, and it showed in that first half. He had a quick first step. He also was able to draw a four point play. I like what we're seeing right now from the bearded wonder and a system that he is in James Harden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eight assists, Adam.
Speaker 2: The Clippers is a team had twenty one to day, so you do want to talk about a system. When he was on the floor, they were moving the basketball. Two steals as well. It was fun to watch James Harden really conduct the offense. I feel like it took us a while last year to watch him take the reins of the offense, but clearly he is comfortable in that role. That's exactly the role he played today and the Clippers no need to have him warm up to a group of three other Hall of famers like he did last season. You see the difference in his comfortability. He was excellent today also throughout the game at him hawking to teammates, talking to guys on the floor, speaking with Chris dunnin throughout the second half, being a communicator, being a team leader. This is someone who loves ball. I think James Harden sometimes doesn't get the rap he deserves when it comes to the work he puts in and how often he's in the gym, how much he's working. Clearly it's working for him right now. But also that leadership, that second component is so good to see because he's gonna have to be the head of the snake. As you talked about with Loan Murray earlier this week, this is his team. I mean, this is his team, and James Harden looked like this was his team today the way he conducted things.
Speaker 1: And he is very comfortable running the show. He's been doing it for a long time. A James Harden offense tends to be a very efficient. One part of the reason is he loves using his big man roll into the basket and finding him for some easy ones. And in this ballgame, in just eighteen minutes, Big Zoo had fourteen and six five of six from the floor, and I like the arrea moves we saw from him, finishing with the right hand finishing with the left hand co ordinations there. Big Zoo is primed for a big season here, Carlo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks so comfortable at him in the paint, double team, triple team, it didn't really matter. He looked like he could get to any spot he wanted. Even had one post up where he took a couple of dribbles, spins right shoulder, gets to that right hand and just an easy finish over the top. Zubots look good. The Clippers clearly trying to post him up more, be more assertive with him. Good to see him seeming like he's in tip top shape. Him and James Harden combining for twenty seven in this one, both of them leading the way for the Clippers. That's what they're gonna need. It's gonna have to be that one two punch. The Clippers finished bottom ten in pick and roll a season ago. It has to be higher than that this season. And I wouldn't be surprised if that. James Harden to beats the Zubots pick and roll and James Hardy got Clincapela a lot of money and a lot of touches. Over there at Houston, I could see Aviata Zubats getting the same sort of treatment here with James Harden as his mate.
Speaker 3: In the pick and roll with the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Norman Powell was cash on the first bucket of the ball game with that three pointer he knocked down on his way to eleven points and a ficient eleven. Of course, it's Norman Palell five of seven shooting, but the aggressiveness he got the start, and I felt like he made the most of that opportunity here in preseason game number one.
Speaker 2: Every year at him, he has said, I want to start for this team, and this is probably the best opportunity he's had since being a Clipper. With the absence of Paul George, Norman Pal's got a chance to be a consistent starter with this team and it's his for the taking. And he finished positive in the plus minus you talked about it uber efficient. Even got an assist and a rebound in there along with a block shot. He was active on the defensive end and got a lot of deflections his hands on the basketball. It was nice to see Norman Powell be that efficient player not take too many steps. The floater was working for him. If Norman pal can get to that downhill with the left hand. That right handed floater off the box is something he loves to get to got it going early. He was aggressive and it was good to see the Clippers clearly getting prime norm which they're gonna need. I mean, you've talked to it. Defense is here. Offense might be at a premium for this Clipper team. That's what we know right now. We've watched them play forty eight minutes. We have four more of these games. We'll probably have different opinions at the end of that. But Norman Palin's got a chance to be a huge weapon for this Clippers team in that starting lineup.
Speaker 1: One more for you here, another weapon for this team I think could be KPJ. He came off the bench. He played sixteen minutes while he was just one of five from the field. That one loan bucket he made was a spinning jumper on the right elbow, a tough shot showing off the high skill level an aptitude to be able to score out there. He missed some gimmeis I think it's just a guy who hasn't played this high level of basketball in some time. But I'm interested to see how much run he ends up getting. Tuesday night in San Diego. Because this is someone who we know is very talented, as average nineteen points per game in this league, and I wonder how much of an opportunity he'll have here in the preseason to show off what he can do and see if he can knock off some of that Russ as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the most impressive thing about Kevin Porter Junior, Like you said, the skill is there, I mean his ability to handle the basketball, to be comfortable in tight spaces. He's in the paint being sandwiched by three or four defenders, he does not look flustered, he does not look worrid.
Speaker 3: He gets to his spot. You know, a first game for him in a while at.
Speaker 2: The NBA level, obviously there's gonna be a little bit rust that he's going to have to knock off. We saw it with everyone here. Curry started zero for six, Kevin Knox missed his first dunk. No one really outside of Norman Poll seemed that comfortable right out of the gates, So no surprise there. I'm sure he'll get more run. Sixteen minutes today. Did get to the free throw line a lot, five for seven from the line in those sixteen minutes. I believe he shot seven free throws in the first seven minutes of action too, So more opportunities for Kevin Porter Junior. There's a reason the Clippers scheduled five preseason games. They don't know exactly what they have. There's a lot of newness to this team, and that's what they're going to get to figure out in these next four contests, and we'll continue to just learn more to add more. As Tyleru talked about, it so much about who plays well. It's about who plays well with who, So combinations are the most important thing.
Speaker 3: And I thought Adam, after maybe the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the third quarter, the Clippers really found a rhythm offensively with that unit.
Speaker 3: They seem to ride the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: Looking for the pieces to fit and be a little bit more in sync. After they had a twenty turnover game in this one, but to their credit, only six turnovers in the second half of the Clippers they seem to get a handle on it. Tuesday night, as Carlo mentioned, Clippers will be in Ocean Side take it on the Brooklyn Nets tiptime for that once at seven thirty. We'll have your pregame show right back here starting at six point thirty, Carlo, my friend safe travels. See you in San Diego. I think we may be carpooling together for that Clippers contest against the Nets.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, Adam gonna be a blast off to San Diego.
Speaker 3: We got another game. Let's call.
Speaker 1: We're back, baby, let's go. We're back and not done yet. Here in their Clippers postgame show, taking it till the top of the hours, the Clippers fall on a game winning three pointer by Waters Golden State Warriors ninety one to ninety in preseason game number one in Honolulu, Hawaii. More coming up next right here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, Sky's Blue Waters is wet with a three pointer to beat the Clippers in preseason game number one. Lindy Waters, the third makes it ninety one to ninety your final Golden State was down too late. They needed it, they got it, tough shot tip your cap, Clippers still held them to ninety one points. Welcome back into your postgame show. I'm at a Moslin if you're watching on the YouTube live side. Coming up in just a little bit here, we'll also have Charles Chuck mother on from Clips and dip. We'll get to shi of your questions. I want to get through some of the box score here, though, Clippers overall just hot shot just thirty eight and a half percent from the floor. Golden State was only at thirty four percent. The difference though the Clippers had six more turnovers after fourteen came in the first half, just six in the second half, but still a total of twenty. That was brutal. That's actually where the Golden State Warriors ended up. So the real difference offensive rebounds. Golden State was a plus ten in that area nineteen to nine. When it came to offensive rebounds, Golden State with the advantage there. Clippers did get to the charity shripe a lot thanks to James Harden, who went eight of eight and then Kevin Porter Junior who missed a couple five of seven from the free throw line. But I think that's one of the ways he can be a weapon for this team with his has he dribble, with his ability to get defenders off balance. He knows how to draw fowls. He's been called bargain ben James Harden, or a poor man's James Harden, you could say at times Kevin Porter Junior played sixteen minutes, didn't get I don't think any run in the second half, but ended up was seven points, just one of five shooting. I found his game to be interesting because the lefty there doesn't remind you a little bit of James Harden a lot of Iso ball. He isn't a future Hall of Famer or even close at this point. James Harden, he looked like all of it in this game. Seventeen minutes, thirteen points, eight assists. He only had two turnovers, and he did all that work in just seventeen minutes, including a step back three pointer he got to go and one four point play drew the foul as he has been doing for so long and defenders keep falling for it. Had showed some nice burst off with getting a bucket to go with the left hand, scoop shot at the rim as he blew by a defender. Also had a couple of steals the quick hands James Harden showed those off beatz zubos. He was the recipient of a lot of those passes from James Harden. With those eight assists, I don't know how many wins a big zoo I'd say at least four beats of Zubos, got five buckets to go, had fourteen and six to use. The right hand, used the left hand, had a big throwdown with both hands. Big Zoo is him and must be featured more this season if the Clippers are going to be successful. Paul George and Philly, now you got to make up for some of that offensive production of Vitza Zoobots has been ready for some time now to step into that role and fill the void and fill up the box score. Now when it comes to points, fourteen points in just eighteen minutes for Vitza Zubos did have three turnovers. Has to be careful there. Norman Palell looked to be in mid season fom he got the start. Your starting lineup was djj Avitza Zubots, James Harden, Norman Palell and Chris Dunn and well Norman Powell getting this starting opportunity and also is trying to fill it up a little bit with no Paul George. Fifteen minutes, five of seven hit the first bucket of a game, the game a three pointer. Finished with eleven points in fifteen minutes, one of two overall from distance. As I mentioned five of seven from the floor or also had a really nice block defensively on the far side short quarter where he was defending, and that is something he's gonna have to do. Norman Powell, He's got to look much better on the defensive end and with his playmaking if he wants to be in the starting lineup. But if the Clippers don't have Kawhi Leonard, may just be out of necessity that he plays more and gets a few starts here and there, maybe early on maybe October twenty third, first game it into a Dome, first game of the season for the Clippers against the Phoenix Suns. We'll see they need more scoring punch if they're not gonna have Kawhi Leonard to start the season. And we'll update you on Kawhi in just a little bit. Norman Powell maybe looked upon to start ball games, even though we know how great he is coming off the bench. Maybe Dennis Kevin Porter, Junior foll in that role. Bones Hyland he had his moments here, but I'm still a little bit concerned on whether or not the coaching staff values him and what he can bring considering the guys they brought in with Chris Dunn and with Kevin Porter Junior, it just looks like the riding is on the wall that maybe bones Highlands days as a Clipper appear to be numbered a little bit if they decide to move him. If a team would like to make a move for him, we'll see. It takes two to tango kai Jones trying to get that final two way spot. He's competing there. No Bobamba, he was out with the knee injury. So kai Jones plays twenty two minutes and I want to say about fifteen straight at one point in the second half, played the entire third quarter just four points. Right before he came out of the ballgame, he had a nice little scoop layup and one couldn't make the free throw, but had a dunk on a three on one before that problem was overall, kai Jones just a little bit helter skelter with it. Was inconsistent offensively and just didn't look that comfortable out there. The athleticism is there, the feel for the game. At times, it just seems like it's moving too fast for him. He really wasn't setting tough screens, wasn't being as physical there. I know the coaching staff will likely get on him for that did have a couple of blocks, but he just needs to be a little bit more in tune offensively and then also show some more fundamentals when it comes to boxing out to your man, even though he did have six boards. Clippers fall ninety one to nine. You on a game winning three pointer by Waters for the Golden State Warriors and preseason game number one in Honolulu, Hawaii coming up will app Chuck Mockler on from Clips in demp As. We're taking you to the top of the hour here in the Clippers post game show on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, Lendy Waters was hot, a little too hot with that three porter to win it over the Clippers ninety one to ninety or final in preseason game number one from Honolulu, Hawaii. Welcome back in I'm oudam Oslin. This is your Clippers postgame show. Clippers next contest coming up preseason game number two in Oceanside. It will be a seven thirty tip pregame starting right back here at six point thirty on the Patriot AM eleven fifty, or you could watch on Clippers Talk on YouTube. Speaking up joining the show right now is our friend Chuck Mockler here, who you can now see.
Speaker 3: That's how you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing pretty good. Buzzer beater loss against the Warriors in the preseason doesn't feel great, but I don't know, it's game one. I'm trying not to reoreact. I'm mostly just excited that Harden to look so solid together and it feels like we are seeing some good process building with like Terrence and Chris Dunn in terms of crashing the boards and stuff like that. So I'm trying to just hold on to the positives.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. I thought Terrence Man had a couple of really nice rebounds, just securing the basketball, boxing out his man, doing the little things, and that is something that is going to be asked of him and everyone collectively. Because they're playing small a lot, they haven't been a good rebounding team. The only way to improve is to find your man and put a body on him, and Terrence Man was able to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was nice to see, and you look at his shot attempts. His one make was a pretty crazy reverse layup that was cool to see, but he passed up with three to take it, which I hope that changes. I know that's kind of what we've all been clamoring for With Terrence Man. He didn't start tonight, which I'm not ready to read a bunch into yet. I think if he doesn't start a single preseason game, then maybe we talked. But I think part of it was giving Jeff Van Gundy stuff to yell about to the team. Whither still and he has a lot to yell about after today's game.
Speaker 1: I miscus a lot of turnovers, fourteen of them in the first half. They cleaned it up a little bit in the second half with just six of them. They also only had three points the first five minutes of the second half of the ballgame, which was rough to see. And then Kobe Brown kind of did what Kobe Brown does at his best, which is running off as through him, let him be the decision maker. Also made some scrappy plays, had a nice putback, but drove right, drove left. This was a good game from Kobe Brown.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, started in foul trouble, which I feel like is something we can say every time that he comes into a game, and maybe have said that he lacks some foot speed which gets him into foul trouble early, but he did what he usually does. Like you mentioned, he settles well too. He kind of understands when how to play whatever reffing is happening. Albeit after getting some fouls but no good decisions. He bullied small defenders. I mean, he had the most boards on the team. He's almost at a double double, which is pretty surprising. But I thought it was nice that him and Jordan Miller were trusted in those moments, you know what I mean, Like the sure it's nic see the good process, but seeing TYLERU be like, hey, this is a close game. You guys are the two who have the best chance of kind of anyone on the court right now to get real time. Let's see what you can do in crunch time with real coaching happening.
Speaker 1: Every People are talking in the comments section saying we want more Jordan Miller. Well, he played eighteen minutes and only may in one shot, but did have the two deflections on the inbounds past at the very end before Golden State got the victory. I think this is a good example of there's levels to this because while I expect him to play more and to play better and look for his offense a little bit more. He got a little runner in the lane, a push shot to go, something he did a lot in the Summer League. But you look at where a Mere Coffee's at when it comes to offensive production, and he had a quick seven points in just ten minutes and look like a man amongst boys. Also had a really good defensive play in transition where the Clippers struggled all game. It's like, guys get a namor with Jordan Miller because they saw him playing against lesser competition in the Summer League. If a Mere Coffee is playing in the Summer League, he's the MVP. You know, it's really difficult to evaluate guys depending on competition. Sometimes I am high on Jordan Miller, don't get me wrong, but maybe we should pump the brakes on him taking the spot of a Mere Coffee right now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was surprised. You know, they law tweeted out that list of ten guys who practiced with Tyler the other day, and I know it is just preseason. Things change, but Jordan Miller's name wasn't in that ten, which I thought was kind of interesting. I hope we see that progress, and I hope his camp gets better, I think they know what they have offensively with Jordan Miller. You get him downhill, and Justin Russo tweeted this, he can make things happen, and the Clippers are gonna need a guy to just kind of make some stuff happen at some points. So his defense is where he needs to show that he fits into this Clippers team. I think he has a longer wingspan than a mirror, which is kind of a mer's main knock is that he he has like a neutral wingspan. So if he can get again and this is a common thread with all the young guys, right, if they can get their defense right, they're going to you know, clamor for some time in these Slippers lineups.
Speaker 1: I know he looked rusty at times, but I still felt like I saw the guy who averaged nineteen points per game for the Houston Rockets a little bit and Kevin Porter Junior and just the way you can handle the ball. I so the bucket he got was a crazy turnaround right elbow kind of fatal way jumper. You see the skill set. And I made the gutsy proclamation or maybe gave into the angry mob who's been saying he needs to start at the two spot that at some point this season, I do think he's going to be starting at the two. Chuck, How wild of a statement did I just make?
Speaker 4: I don't so for those of you who missed the game, and I just want to run the just the box score, because I watched three quarters of this game.
Speaker 3: Forgive me.
Speaker 4: I did not watch the fourth quarter. I did watch us lose on the buzzer beater. But Kevin Porter was one for five. He was a team worse minus eleven, and he had four turnovers. So I don't know. Again, some of that his lineup stuff, we just have to wait and see. He looked rusty. I don't think like he looked like a guy who hadn't played in a minute. But you can see the athleticism. You just hope the decision makings there and Wolf's I mean, he's beat out, you know, Jordan Miller and other guys for time with got like if you look at rotation tonight, which Tyler kind of said, don't go Chuck crazy, looking into you see a guy who is going to you know, maybe he's already clamoring for time and guys are gonna have to beat him out.
Speaker 1: We'll see if it happens. Tuesday night, Notion Side Clippers take it on the Brooklyn Nests. Tip Off at seven thirty pregame at six point thirty for Chuck Mackler. I'm Adam alls and we must run here on the Patriot Am eleven fifty. Thank you, Chuck Clibrination. Talk to you next time, all right,