Speaker 1: I think we're just gonna start right. Yeah, I think we're ready to start. Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, the band got lost backstage and we did fend off the group bees.
Speaker 1: But we are here. This is if.
Speaker 2: You're checking your scorecard monetizing Connected TV, and I just want to welcome everyone back to TVOT NYC, first time in five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give it up for yourselves.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it is World Television Day. And what better way to celebrate World Television Day than to gather in the heart of Times Square, New York City with hundreds of.
Speaker 1: Television innovators like yourselves. Give it up for yourselves. It's also quick segue into who I am.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty second anniversary of the founding of Chrispath Tech Media, LLC.
Speaker 1: Yes, give it up you.
Speaker 2: Can, and that was founded by me, Chris Path. I'm your moderator for this session. You all have a scorecard, so you know who these great people are.
Speaker 1: So we're going to dive right in.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a broad topic and when we last were here in New York five years ago, the streaming wars had just started.
Speaker 1: But Connected TV just keeps.
Speaker 2: Growing and growing as chords keep being cut in Shred group m earlier said that connected TV advertising will increase thirteen point eight percent this year. But where are we seeing the growth in this space and what is changing it. I'm going to start with you, Fred Godfrey on this one, since you are doing some innovative things in advertising, and everyone else will jump in. What have you seen in this year that's pointed to growth and advertising and CTV?
Speaker 3: I think the thing that we've seen the most this year, more than any previous years, is a far greater commitment to putting budgets into things that are a bit more experimental, because whilst you know, there's a greater understanding that it's very hard to get someone's attention on TV, at the same time as that, there's also a greater need by agencies in their brands for that to be something that comes out of that budget, not just awareness or not just for equal They actually want to make money from the money that they're spending, and both of those are between them driving I think the greatest the greatest changes right now.
Speaker 2: Right and you know, I think that it can't be understated or overstated, depending on which way you you you flop in terms of what fast is doing that CTV and Uh, Fubo has had a very exciting year and Jennifer Monson, Uh, you guys have been all over Fast for the last couple of years. What what what has shifted in terms of uh of your strategy with Fast and how does that play into where where this CTV monetization is going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well Fast is becoming quickly outpacing just traditional TV.
Speaker 5: You know, two thirds of US Americans are.
Speaker 4: Watching Fast weekly, so it's an exploding category for us, and Fubo has really been leaned in on Fast for a very long time. We've had Fubo Sports Networks where we have exclusive sports rights for a lot of variety of sports like quefa and bare knuckle fighting, so we've really we're the only streamer virtual streamer out there to have those exclusive sports rights.
Speaker 5: And we've seen huge growth.
Speaker 4: We just launched man Cave Movies, which is exactly what you think.
Speaker 5: It would be, Xoxo, which is rom coms, and.
Speaker 4: Then we're going to have a Fast channel dedicated to holiday programming this year. So it's because of this we're seeing double digit growth and Fast usage on platform and has really opened up a lot of opportunities for our advertisers to tap into a really engaged.
Speaker 2: Which is really huge because of course one piece of big news, and there's big news in the CTV space every day. But of course the unbundling, shall we say, of NBC the spin co really points to where CTV has even greater opportunities. And what I think is really cool is that Mark Lee on the end with LG does a lot in Fast as well. And you're all over the place, so you have a lot of data.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are global and you and it.
Speaker 7: Just came back from Soul I believe too. Yeah, maybe a little jet lag, so wake me up later today.
Speaker 2: Yeah no no, but I will prompt you as I'm prompting you now on Fast because LG Channels is growing very fast as well, and talk about how that's really aiding your overall strategy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 7: Like for those that don't know, LG Channels is the name for our Fast service. It's a natively integrated service where we have it in the guide, in the Electronic program Guide and also we have an app to promote these and some of the partners here are supporting us in terms of that engagement with the users. But you know, it's been a huge success in terms of driving CTVA advertising monetization on our platform and our and our subsidiary lg AD Solutions is just killing it in terms of getting the right exposure there. But in terms of Algae channels, where since lg is a global, a global company, we're in one hundred eighty countries with our with our operating system. But when it comes to Algae channels, we've launched in twenty nine countries and we launched a total of over thirty eight hundred channels in Fast, so the exposure is not just limited to these. You said thirty eight hundred, right, thirty eight hundred total channels launched.
Speaker 2: If we watch every one of them, what do we win? Everything's w Is there an Easter Egg on the three thousand, seven hundred and ninety ninth one that's really important.
Speaker 6: I'm sure LGAD Solutions can give you a free team.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I love your answer to that, Fred, What what's your take on where fast is going?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I have about thirty nine hundred and one takes on it, but I just wanted to say I just realized that I really completely win.
Speaker 6: You asked me first.
Speaker 3: I was looking at answering from the completely wrong end of the question. By the way, you.
Speaker 1: Instead of flipping yeah and I really you can flip over.
Speaker 3: But to answer the question, I think the way you actually hoped for me too, like how was why is it growing in the world.
Speaker 6: It's actually because of people.
Speaker 3: Like like Mark and like Roku and these other folks who especially where you now turn the TV on and it's there. We've gone through this hump of one smart TV manufacturers honestly shitting the bed and not caring any old days about it, right, and to them massively caring and then going through and having a billion channels and opportunities and not thinking it through to now unbelievably slick experiences. The people are that are that are reminiscent right the old cable days, but are quick and are well supported and with really.
Speaker 2: Good this This is something that that I'll get to a little later in our conversation with respect to where uh Ai plays a role in fast and whatever.
Speaker 1: We call it a few years from now.
Speaker 2: But you know, we're we're very lucky to have two people in the glass side of the business here uh and Dallas Lawrence and of course Mark Lee. But Dallas you. You have this unique position with Telly. It's the first dual screen TV, and when we think of CTV, we might expect that there's innovation on the glass.
Speaker 1: But talk about what this this quarter means to you this year, but also Black Friday.
Speaker 8: But I think one of the big challenges is there actually hasn't been much innovation in televisions. We call them smart TVs, but it's probably the dumbest device.
Speaker 1: In your house.
Speaker 8: LG probably sells refrigerator smarter than most everyone's TV in the house right now. They sell refrigerator that actually knows what you purchased, when you're out of it and when your restock it, and will recommend when you get more.
Speaker 1: Your TV should do that. Your TV should be that level.
Speaker 2: It will even recommend the mayonnaise based on probably.
Speaker 1: So that's been the real child. So that's what we've seen.
Speaker 8: I think a stagnation and dollars moving into TV. What's changing now as you're seeing a rebirth of some of the smartest technology coming to the television. So I look at this question from a different angle. It's not just that more money is being spent, as in more ads are being purchased. The ads are actually getting more expensive because they're smarter their performance. You're moving from a brand awareness funnel to a funnel where you can actually drive real performance outcomes. And when you do that, you start to also start seeing search and social budgets move over into TV.
Speaker 1: That's certainly what we're seeing at Telly.
Speaker 8: We're pretty excited about the performance aspects of being able to move a lot of the features and functionality that you would do on your phone right onto the television.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's again, you know, we have devices, these wonderful devices. Now we're fifteen or sixteen years in that speak IP and no disrespect to what's happening on the MVPD side, but you know, Mark, you have some amazing things that you're doing. Even talk about some of your suitcase TVs and some of these other things, so people understand and what we talk about in terms of the monetization of CTV because you're you're you're driving this from the hardware side as well.
Speaker 1: I've seen the suitcase TV. It is cool.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Mark, No, I mean, I think these are some of the transitions that are happening within the industry for LG. I'm not sure if you heard like we're trying to transition as a company not only to make the best hardware, but to come up with smart life solutions. We actually say that that's the new direction that we're going. And what you're seeing on the TV side is that we're not just limited to the living room. You know, we're launching these there's these new categories of lifestyle TVs, Like we have one that's a gaming TV that if you want to gain more immersive gaming experience, it bends. If you want to watch entertainment content, it just goes flat. We also have a suitcase TV called Standby Medigo where it's battery operated and you can just bring it to the tailgate and you can watch the TV. These are opening up new experiences. These are getting very a lot of engagement, and so this should open up you opportunities for monetization for all partners, whether it's content or advertising.
Speaker 2: Right, And I want to talk about something that I think is uniquely positioned for CTV, particularly in at the end of twenty twenty four, and that's shopping and particularly live shopping. And we happen to have the godfather of how have you been described the godfather of video shopping? David Apostolico, it's eight days before Black Friday. What is the future for live shopping in the CTV space? And will Trouty Trump be the big winner this Christmas?
Speaker 6: So go I will predict we will be the big winner.
Speaker 9: But our Black Fridays starts Saturday, Black Friday before Black Friday goes through Cyber Monday, so two days from okay. And we have a unique value proposition. When you think of mouths, you know connected TVs, I mean we play in every single space in connected TVs. We have our live channels, which are flagship channels, and they're available and fast on MVPDs fast models or we have ad based models. We have revshare models, we have models that we can constantly monetize our content. And you think about a Black Friday sale that's coming through where we have revshare models and Fubo and LG boat carry our fast channels and our regular channels. We have a streaming service that's available connected TV.
Speaker 6: And I think where we can really be instructive for the industry.
Speaker 9: As a whole is we've kind of always been agnostic how people transact and we don't care what platform they transact on. We actually had on platform transactional capability twenty plus years ago in the MVPD space where people that use their remote through old Ebith technology and able to do that as things evolve. You know, I think people watch TV, they kind of want to stay on that screen. So yeah, you can have on platform transactional capability. You can have your iPhone in your hand and follow along, you conpair, you can do text to mobile, which we've tried with LGA that's quite successful. So there's so many different ways for these different screens to interact with each other, and I think we're just at the beginning stages.
Speaker 6: Of trying to figure out what works best.
Speaker 9: And for us, we see people, you know, every customer is different. How they want to shop is how they want to shop, and we want to make it as frictionless as possible for their path of transacting.
Speaker 8: If you haven't seen a Telly, this is one of the key things that we unlocked. So it's the dual screen device. And you're absolutely right. All the data tells us the consumer doesn't want to interrupt. This is why T commerce, television commerce installed. You don't want to overlay the content that you're watching or lead the content you're watching. You're not gonna stop watching the basketball game to buy Lebron's shoes. But with the second screen, our second screen, you can order repeats on the second screen from dominos from a perform an ad, select it, order it, watch it, retract to your house, not ever leaving the content that you're watching when you bring the AI components into it. Now, at least with our television, can now do is we also recognize everything that's sitting in the glass. So if you're watching Housewives of Beverly Hills and you really want that purse, we recommend at the bottom, we know what the purse is. Every single prop on television today is catalog This is crazy. It's been cataloged for fifty years with a notebook by a prop master in the back. Somebody has digitized that and then matched the products to the screen our AI to texted and so you know, if you want the dress, the bikini, the car, you could order it in real time at the bottom of the screen. That's changing how we think about t commerce. That's also changing whether or not do we really need to have this in our hands anymore, or can you put a lot of this experience on that second screen of the TV.
Speaker 2: That's a big move and I'm glad you mentioned the second screen because I think that the multiview capabilities that we're seeing, particularly for live sports and Jennifer, I think Fubo I want you to talk about that a little bit. Has multiview as some of these features been, you know, driving these opportunities for your advertisers.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely. We were the first to be.
Speaker 4: In market with multiview, and we have seen with the introduction of AI even more technology and ability to have recaps of the game next to it. We're driving it to mobile for sports stats, so we're really.
Speaker 5: Driving people back and forth.
Speaker 4: We also launched within AI News, which was a huge category, just highlighting instant headlines of what was going on within the content so you could choose which news channel you wanted to pick based on what they were talking about. So AI has really helped us in terms of content, but also for consumers in terms of discoverability. People are on the homepage, they're trying to figure out what to watch. We're using AI to give them content suggestions based on their likes and their history, and it just makes it a more personalized experience for consumers and then of course for.
Speaker 2: Advertions and and mark you've got a personal shopping.
Speaker 1: Service that you guys have, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we launched a service in collaboration with Curate, one of our first partners, called chop Time. It's a dedicated application to interact in the TV and to reduce that friction to the purchase. Right now, it's the texts, but we recently launched what is called web West Pay in Europe with our t vot store to direct tvod story to consumers. So you can see what LG is trying to do, and similar to how Telly's innovating, we're trying to provide these new tools to diversify the business models that are available on the platform. I think one of the things that I if you hear this air saying like content is king, right, the distribution is queen. Data is their crown jewels. Why, I believe the platform is the keys to the kingdom, and we're all opening these new doors in new business models to monetize on the class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fred, what's your take on that?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean so speaking to the lens of being a creative and media buying agency, right this and not the hardware, This to me is the most single most fascinating topic right now, because once a brand sees performance, they want to see more performance, and we've yet to define or help them define exactly what that should be. And when it comes to physically being able to transact on something you know, we at Origin we're always really careful not to assume that we know and instead but to ask and realize that sitting in our ivory tower, we might not understand what people want today because we're not in the era where Steve Jobs was, where he could tell us what we liked, right, We're not there anymore. So actually completing wrapping up this week and we'll be releasing it in January because it's nice and quiet. Then is we're surveying seven or ten thousand households around the nation, asking them about how would they or how do they see themselves or typically or prefer to make a transaction on something that they've seen on TV. Fundamentally understanding where are we in terms of getting people to want to pick up their remote, or where are we in terms of the response to something like a QR code or to just wanting to search for it on your phone. Because Dallas is right, and I think also a little bit wrong, like.
Speaker 1: Dallas is definitely.
Speaker 3: Wrong, but like the idea that you do have your phone in your hand, it will always be in your hand or in your pocket. But where I do like what Telly does is it creates a sort of symbiotic relationship with a sort of pseudo mobile that's just sitting in front of your TV.
Speaker 6: And that's really really smart.
Speaker 3: I've seen now years it's gonna be doing shit that these guys haven't even thought about yet because it's going to be a runaway train, right.
Speaker 2: But I think I think that there's an aspect of gamification here in terms of the real estate that we have, whether it's a forty two inch LG which I have, a fifty five inch Samsunkurve which I also have.
Speaker 1: And these are great devices. Still, it could be five, six, seven.
Speaker 2: Eight years old and the platform gets better. I think your web os is now ten years old, right, yeah, so I mean it's survived. So they are developers who have barely dug their teeth and their brains into what c TV can do. And David, I think that where you guys come out in terms of new formats and content I think is really interesting because everybody here on stage could be jamming with you next year to take CTV to the next level.
Speaker 1: We are a band.
Speaker 3: By the way, there's a difference between commace and advertising. Can we just be like yes if we jump in there two big differences because as an industry, we're losing our way in advertising. But this is a discussion about commas, which is a totally different thing.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's a great distinction.
Speaker 9: But ultimately, I think where we have always led is getting people comfortable with shopping from TV and how they do that and being entertained. I mean, we're not set up necessarily for thirty second or minute ads, although we could do that. I mean, our differentiator is being able to really go deep, and not every product lends itself to that, but how to demonstrate and do things that are just you can't get.
Speaker 6: Any place else.
Speaker 9: But that transaction piece has always always been a critical part. And then there's attribution that goes with that. We've gotten really really good at attribution in number of ways, so it doesn't have to be necessarily one hundred percent direct for us to figure it out.
Speaker 6: But you know, you have to one work with the platforms because each platform has different priorities.
Speaker 9: Some really want to emphasize the TV remote, others are less so, and we're again agnostic as to how people transact. I mean, we want to make it as frictionless and as seamless for the customer.
Speaker 6: That's ultimate we all want to do, and everyone's going to have a different way of doing it.
Speaker 9: I do think the technology for the first screen is getting very very close to the technology for the second screen, but the second screen at such a huge head start that customer behavior is such that's where they're comfortable doing it, not necessarily on that first screen, but that'll change.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think not to be the skunk at the garden party, but I think we also have just have to be honest. The reality is that there's been there has been so little innovation in the TV because of the commoditization. The innovation and race has been how cheap can we make it? When you walk into a Best Buy or Costco. Seventy percent of consumers have no brand preference. It's what is the chiefest TV.
Speaker 1: On the market.
Speaker 8: So if that is your race to the bottom of the commoditization, you were not funding high tech innovations into that TV. You were not building a testa level operating system that can be updated every two weeks with brand new features and functions. And I think you know the different switch that we took to the marketplace is that said, let's get out of the commoditized race.
Speaker 1: Let's just give the TV away for free.
Speaker 8: By giving the tvway for free and making an ADS, we then say, okay, now we can build the most powerful, smartest TV with technology and designed to live on your wall for seven years. We don't want to sell you a new TV next year. We need that TV to get better every week and every month that it's on the wall. When you take that approach, now you're taking the iPhone approach, where you're saying it has to have the same level of technology as that second screen. It has to be able to take over a whole bunch of other you know, the way the iPhone eliminated entire classes of products. None of us are carrying around walkman's or garment GPS devices anymore.
Speaker 1: We're seeing the same thing. We think the same thing is going to happen in living room.
Speaker 8: You're no longer going to have an external speaker, You're not going to have a voice assistant, You're not going to have a slewly as third devices because your TV should do that. And when your TV does that, you start to have a whole new world of advertising opportunities to become available. And I think that's what we're just starting to see, certainly from Telly's perspective some other players, is what else can the TV do? And to do that you have to maybe spend more than five cents on the speaker system.
Speaker 1: You have to spend a little more on some of the technology.
Speaker 8: And get out of the commoditization race to the bottom and start thinking about the TV as a different type of device.
Speaker 1: Go ahead for it.
Speaker 3: Can I just so there's something that you said that I really agree with and something come out.
Speaker 1: This is like, no, Dallas is always right, there's nothing. That's why he's on this panel.
Speaker 3: But there's also something that Mark and I talked about. Remember we were sitting outside at TV ATNSF and the sun was shining and you know, we're having a lovely lunch, right, Like, we talked about something then that I think is being talked about now, which is the emergence. And this is not my wheelhouse as an advertising right, but definitely my wheelhouse is someone who's obsessed with something which I don't see happening first enough, which is television going from being a one way channel of communication to something that's actually bilateral, something where right, actually a place where you go sort of like where what where where Web one dot became two dot?
Speaker 6: TV needs to be.
Speaker 2: So that's the premise of this entire organization, like what Tracy started back in nineteen ninety eight. So interactive TV today, and and god knows, there are many of us in the room who we have the stretch marks.
Speaker 1: To prove it, who gave birth to all this stuff in.
Speaker 2: The nineties and now we're here. We used to say interactive TV is just around the corner. We stopped saying that probably around twenty ten so, and part of it was because of the smartphone, yes, and the second screen, yes, But I think that you know, we've had big companies like Comcast, the Unbungler this week with Skyglass and other things Exfinity, Zoomo, all the voices is.
Speaker 1: All those features. But we're here.
Speaker 2: Talking about this ecosystem and this is still a hit driven business. And you know, and and and ads go with hits. And by the way, I am gonna plug another panel here just.
Speaker 1: Because I think he's so cool.
Speaker 2: Alfonso TV, which was sold to LG and the basis of LG as Ragu Kotage is doing a session I think at three point thirty and he's with a nok TV, which is super cool AI driven curation tool, but you know, but which will help you find the hits.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about hits.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mark, you're investing a lot of money and content, right, Let's let's talk about what you're putting on those smart TVs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely to that point.
Speaker 7: Actually, I want to talk about like the innovation that definitely, the pressure in terms of the price point and the commoditization of the TV is definitely a concern, especially for LG.
Speaker 1: How much of a discount are you going to give.
Speaker 6: Us on LG is to continue to innovate.
Speaker 7: But what we're seeing is you're gonna we're gonna diversify our TV experience. Like I just mentioned about lifestyle TVs getting out of the living room. We have a transparent old LED TV. I'm not sure if you guys seen it where you can see through it.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 7: It's it's launching pretty pretty shortly, but We're also looking at ways where we have different touch points. You know, when I mentioned about being a smart life solutions company, I don't know if you know. We we have webOS in hotels, like if you go to a Marriott today, you'll see a webOS experience in hospitality. We have it in digital signage. We also have it in smart monitors, smart projectors, and we just recently launched in auto and so we have all these new touch points that we can engage the user in new experiences now to the point of fast and LG channels. It's definitely the foundation of our ad business and it's what is accelerating the revenue on the platform. And so the company has made a decision that we will invest one billion dollars into content by twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 6: That could be originals.
Speaker 1: Like so Apple's going down and You're going up. I love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And this is just showing the commitment that, you know, we're trying to find the right content to engage the user, not only just for ad monetization, but just to grow that viewership. And one other data point I'll share just recently is that we can monitor like the usage by hours of HTMI connection or OTT for webOS.
Speaker 6: We fifty seven percent of.
Speaker 7: All viewing is on OTT, so we're seeing really good engagement on not just only fast but overall engagement into smart TV.
Speaker 3: So go ahead for it Watson to drop one through piece of advice to LG and whoever's setting that billion dollar check, make is a little of your ROI on that billion dollars, like contingent upon just selling twenty and forty foot shipping containers in ad breaks as possible. Look at other ways that brands can exist on TV, and then you'll get an ROI on that billion dollars. But before until we start looking beyond this seventy year old idea that we're going to stop someone's show and think that they're actually going to watch a bunch of ads back to back, like it's only getting harder.
Speaker 2: That the reason if I am Telly, I can watch an ad my lower third while I'm watching.
Speaker 1: The people are making a change.
Speaker 10: But I'll tell you Origin our company not at all like Origin only exists today because there is we are proof that there's a big problem that people aren't paying attention.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: That is what we are paid to solve, and that is what we do but Dan Raed is only going to get harder.
Speaker 8: So I think what we're one hundred percent seeing is the need to go Look, I've said it for a long time.
Speaker 1: I think we're actually in the golden age of advertising.
Speaker 8: I've never been more excited because we've all wanted to go beyond.
Speaker 1: The thirty second ad. I don't know a single Creed a person who says, God, I'm.
Speaker 8: So excited that I get to create a thirty second ad stuck between content that it's going to drive no outcome. And what we're seeing now is the ability to really think beyond the thirty second ads. I'll give you an example of something that we're doing. This is what I love about AI. So back in the day when I was at Roku, we launched Roku Today, which was this weekly show that came out. It was basically an advertorial, was sponsored by somebody huge production capability, took a lot of money to do it.
Speaker 1: They hired actors.
Speaker 8: Maria Menudos was the host great and that was one hundred percent reason for that was to drive an ad block at Telly. If you turn your Telly on today, you have Telly Today, which is a daily produced show for you breaking news, top things to watch, and we do it all on AI. The entire show, the host is AI, the contents AI and that is one of the highest ad breaks that we have on our television and that's.
Speaker 1: Telly Today, Telly Today.
Speaker 8: So that is an example of how you go beyond the thirty second ad, how you create an engaging experience, how you do it in a way that doesn't cost you to have to drive to raise to the bottom of monetization.
Speaker 1: But then in the consumer actually likes likes it. So I want to go back to content.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Fubo has been spending wisely in content. Talk about how you're increasing the content strategy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I also wanted to before I jump into that, I want to talk about the thirty because I think with address ability now and to be able to being able to go down and really target the right consumer with the right message, we've made such huge progress. So there's less waste and you're not seeing things as a woman in terms of a male advertisement.
Speaker 5: So we're becoming.
Speaker 4: More relevant and really getting better and giving content to the right person at the right time, and it's just getting better and better. And then I also think it's in terms of innovation on the glass as well, you know going back and you know home screen banners, producing content, skinning the home screen.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of different.
Speaker 4: On platform innovations that Even at Fubo, we've launched triple Play where we allow advertisers to ingest their content as entertainment. For advertisers, we did that with Walmart where they ran their back to school campaign. It allows them to extend their content and interactive, you know, interact with a young family audience and really kind of break through a.
Speaker 5: Lot of the clutter. So I think that's super important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I want to qualify because that's fair.
Speaker 6: I'm always in my.
Speaker 3: Brain and as a mistake, but I'm always thinking beyond beyond, right, Like things are getting better. They these shipping containers are working, and we are fighting to make them work better in an age of where performance is expected and mass is expected.
Speaker 6: What I'm thinking is in the distant.
Speaker 3: Future, we are fighting a tide and we just need to understand that, Like it isn't that people want.
Speaker 1: But part of this is really shifting behaviors.
Speaker 6: It seems to.
Speaker 9: Find new ways for brands to exist, right, But part of this is shift behaviors and that's one of the things that I like about this.
Speaker 2: Panel, and quite frankly, all of you bring these these really diverse perspectives to this, whether it's on the device side or uh you know, on the OS or just the creative side.
Speaker 1: But you know, part of the fight that.
Speaker 2: We have in attention is really what's on the screen, and live TV is really the last bastion of that and Fubo, you know, with live sports.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's talk about.
Speaker 2: Why we were seeing money, money, money, money, money in sports, because that's where the attention is well and.
Speaker 4: We saw, I think we all saw on Friday night how important live sporting events are.
Speaker 1: You can still if you call that a sporting events. The women's the Women's tournament was that was the heck of a match.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 5: But it does show the power of live.
Speaker 1: Sixteen million households watch that live, right.
Speaker 4: And we've been doing live sporting events for ten years, so we really had that.
Speaker 2: And I was a subscriber for half of those years because of La Liga.
Speaker 5: Well we thank you for that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, sports listen, sports is king, live is king, and when you really lean into that from that's why brands are always dying to be part of sports and live sporting events because there's not better engagement, there's not better attention, there's not better.
Speaker 2: Well, your user experience has always been phenomenal, So kudos, you know. And I think that you've survived a certain scary thing earlier this year and you know, stay alive till twenty twenty five and and.
Speaker 1: Good on you for that.
Speaker 2: But I think that that you know, when I look at where the content strategy is, and David, I want you to talk about this too, because you know, you can buy a turbo cooker on QBC, but there's also some cool content there too, so talk talk about how live plays into your monestation strategy.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, I mean we started as live.
Speaker 9: If you look at QVC and we have HSN two, QVC primarily live, QVC two about half live, QVC three all taped not a coincidence. QVC does much better than KVC two than QVC three. And I think there's this things between live, linear and BOD and live is by far people want to feel up to date in the moment sense of urgency. All those things taped to live or repeats a live in a linear concept does better that's why you're seeing such a resurgence and fast with single IP channels and things like that, because people don't want to have to go through bod Venus and things like that to find it. But answer your question, in our streaming service QVC plus HSN plus, we can play with a lot of different formats and if we're finding things that work well, we have Busy this Week, which is a reinvention of Busy Tonight Busy Phillips talk show. Yeah, we've reinvented and it really is a talk show. She has a great guest, but we do integrate shopping into that.
Speaker 6: So there's a lot of formats we can use.
Speaker 1: So you you you know what I love is that you guys kind of go back to the future. I mean, Fred was talking.
Speaker 2: About what's been happening for seventy years and television started here in New York City, thank you very much, so almost one hundred years ago. But we can talk TV history outside later.
Speaker 1: So LG very proud, and of course Zenith is part of that.
Speaker 2: But also I think you have ion too, right, so talk about your live strategy, Mark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think what you're seeing is uh, well, the top performing content on LGA channels, just in a similar manner with Fubo is live content. So recently with Ion with the WNBA games, it was the top performing content that was on LG channels. As well as the recent debates and the election coverage and the hurricane coverage, those all spiked in terms of usage and engagement on on Fast or LG channels on LG, so live content is definitely an important aspect to drive that engagement on the platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, I mean, Mark, you're you're a really og of the os world in c TV. I think you were with Higher a long time ago for those who remember, very proud brand and right, but I mean we could.
Speaker 6: Talk about the first partners of Roku back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, look, I was at the event that when Konka came in in ninety nine and we were like, oh it wasn't that cute?
Speaker 1: It was right over there, and you know, so where do you see this going?
Speaker 2: You know, in another five years from your perspective, I want each of you to quickly touch on this. I mean, we won't be talking so much about CTV monetization is a special thing. It'll just be I mean, I'll give you my quick take, which is really an amalgamation of.
Speaker 1: Everything here, which is I think that that.
Speaker 2: We'll recognize that that portal, that glass, that that thing, that infrastructure. However we do it, whether it's gesture based, is it projected, but but that I think it'll become closer to that because we'll be able to do more with that real estate.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that way as well? Yeah, excuse me, no, definitely, No, I know it's emotional.
Speaker 6: Yeah, emotional it is because it's five. It reminded me of higher in those days.
Speaker 7: But you know, there's a lot of advancements happening from an LG perspective. You know, I mentioned how we're expanding the device categories, we're expanding to new touch points with the consumer where we're diversifying the business models not just limited to advertising, trying to engage the user and content like t bot that just launched in Europe where you can just buy a movie on the on the glass and these diversified. Like, we feel a responsibility that we need to enhance the consumer experience to give them a solution, whether it's possibly a super bundeling right in the future. We feel a responsibility that we're in these touch points that we want to engage the user, and and it comes with the trust, right, like I think.
Speaker 2: Trust If I if I have that trust, I'm going there. David Alpasaliko, what do you think five years from now?
Speaker 9: I would just said that people are always always going to watch engaging, immersive content on a big screen, and how we continue to monetize that will continue to evolve. We've had ad models, we've had subscription models, we've had hybrids, and that'll continue and what's best serves the customer, and the customer will.
Speaker 2: Tell us Yeah, and your brand has survived a long time and you've been there a wee bit a titan, Yeah you have Yeah, Jennifer Monson quickly, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think in five years, sports and there's gonna be more fragmentation in the market, more people vying for those dollars, so really aggregating great content kind of what the rest of the panel here mentioned is going to be super important. And then innovation ad innovation really giving going back and giving the consumer what they want when they're whether they know it or not, is going to be super super important.
Speaker 1: It's great pretty gold free Hello.
Speaker 3: I think I mean five years is what five hundred years and pretty much any other industry. Yes, And therefore I'm going to stick my neck out and I say, I think we will be beyond advertizing as we know it today. I think that we will have finally figured out and accepted that brands do need to exist in order to have people like Mark get paid and people to buy Dallas's Triple TV.
Speaker 6: But to sell your fruit, you.
Speaker 1: Buy the gas so you can get the free TV.
Speaker 3: Is the Branzi to be then We'll have worked out a lot of very different ways for them to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dallas, Like I.
Speaker 8: Think, if we want to see the number of dollars that have moved into digital to start coming back into TV, we have to sell TV the way we sell digital. And by that I mean we talked about attention just briefly. We do not sell TV attention the way we sell attention in digital. In digital, I know if I reached you and TV, for the most part, I just know if the TV was on.
Speaker 1: So I'll give you a quick data point.
Speaker 8: So we analyzed a major NFL sporting event, thirty to thirty five percent of the time the room is empty when the commercials are airing. We have a millimeter wave censor on our TV. Lets us know how many humans are in front of the TV. Advertisers want to buy people, not empty rooms. And so I think that's my hope is in the next couple of years we start moving towards selling TV the way we sell digital, and I can reach the actual person in the room or people in the room and know that I did it with and.
Speaker 1: That is super cool.
Speaker 2: And the next time that we're all together, we're going to talk about this future TV.
Speaker 1: That's the close.
Speaker 11: So for Mark Lee, give it up for Mark Lee, David Afastaliko, Jennifer Monson, Fret Godfrey, Dallas Lawrence, I'm Chris pat we're outside.
Speaker 6: We gotta hit the stage.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, World Television Day.
Speaker 6: Thank you people,