Speaker 1: Welcome to Here's to Your Health with Joshua Lane. Here's to Your Health discusses the current thinking and wellness, bringing you the most influential thinkers in beauty, fitness, and longevity. Your host, Joshua Lane, was part of the Doctor and Wigmore team that helped bring wheat, grass sprouts and raw foods to a worldwide audience and now the host of Here's to Your Health. Joshua Lane.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of Here's to Your Health. I'm your host, josh Lane. My guest is Becky E. McClain. Becky is the author of a book Exposed. A phozo scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. The book Exposed by Becky McLain has a forward by Ralph Nader and is published by Skyhorse Publishing. And Becky McClain has been a guest many times on the show, and we're trying to continue with what occurred, what Becky McClain was exposed to when she worked at Pfiser in that Connecticut laboratory, major laboratory, major center, and how that was handled and what it means for us as the American people. Becky McClain, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Joshua. I really appreciate the invite back to return and discuss my book a little bit further. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, now, for those who have not heard some of the earlier interviews you've given on the show, you were a research scientist at Pfiser in a senior position, working in their Connecticut laboratory or the Connecticut campus, and you were harassed because, as you state, your working editions were unsafe. You as I use the word as an employee, as a scientist at this at the Pfizer center, were not in a safe position. You were in a very unsafe position, and dangerous chemicals and dangerous pathoogens what you were exposed to at your workstation, and really nothing was done about that and you suffered unfortunately many serious health problems. But again I will say this by way of historical perspective, that because of what you had to suffer, you became the first whistleblower to be awarded a judgment against Pfizer in twenty ten in a federal court. So really you were vindicated in the criminal justice system, and that while you did a lot of suffering that gives you a certain stature that no one else has.
Speaker 3: That's true. I am the first successful biotech whistleblower in the United States, and I think in the world, I don't think there's any other story like mine about biosafety, how it impacts the public, how it impacts workers' rights. It's a very very important book. I know we have perhaps fifty minutes or so to discuss it, but I want to really encourage people to read the book because retaliation is a very complex environment and situation, and to really to understand how it impacts the public and the lack of free speech, the lack of whistleblower rights, lack of workers rights, how it can really be dangerous to the public self. And I think people will find the story very intriguing, and I hope people pick up the book and read it.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McLain, bioscientist, author of the book Exposed a Pfizer scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and Because a biohazard whistleblower Forward by Ralph Nader. Ralph Nader, a man with an excellent track record in consumer affairs and safety. Ralph Nader and the book is published by Scars Publishing. So, Becky, we've chatted, we've spoke, you've spoken before to my radio audience. And you were at the Grotton, Connecticut campus of Pfiser. And Pfeiser is, of course, I guess everyone kind of knows it now, the largest pharmaceutical company in.
Speaker 4: The world, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they have enormous clout. They are not to be taken lightly. Now, you were working at the grotten lab. I want to mention this. So your workstation was in an area that was not protected properly. Others were actually using that station and they were doing experiments there which were dangerous you know it now, and and you complained about it. You reported it, and you were largely told by a superior Okay, fine, we're dealing with we're dealing with it. But really you were not. So now here's a word that I I'm not familiar with. It's called lentivirus. So what exactly was lenta virus? And how were you, as a major scientist at Pfizer, a major corporation, how was it that your workstation was completely unprotected not only for you but for all the other scientists in your division.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, well, as I'm a I'm a veteran molecular biologist. When I started working at Pfiser in the embryonic stem cell lab, I had seventeen years of working experience in academia in international labs, so I was very skilled molecular biologist and I understood the safety parameters around my work and the responsibilities to do that. Now. A lent of virus is a virus of many species. The lent of virus that can infect humans is the HIV lent virus that costs aids. Different viruses are used in molecular biology to as vectors to introduce components into cells during an experiment, so that's why we use viruses in the lab. Of course, they can be very dangerous and their safety protocols that must be used when you're using these. One of the most important things is to do a risk assessment, and unfortunately private industry is not mandated to do a RISKSK assessment. Now, risk assessment would be if I'm going to use a liner virus Candida affect humans, some plenti viruses can't, some can only infect cats or whatever. So when you do a risk assessment, you must look at all parameters. Candida infect humans. Once it infects, can it incorporate into chromosomes, if it incorporates, or if it doesn't incorporate, doesn't have other genetically engineered vectors or technologies in it that can can cause harm. So unfortunately, private industry is not mandated to do risk assessments like academia. So that's the first problem about biosafety in private labs. Now, when you when we do molecular biology, you usually have your own private bench because it can be dangerous and you don't want other people working on your private bench because then you would know what they've worked on. And these agents are invisible, right, They're invisible, So you want your own private bench. In addition, usually next to your bench you have some sort of workstation you can take notes or something like that. But in general, if you're working with viruses or you're working in a dangerous with dangerous technologies, you're off a space should be separated from your laboratory space. In addition, your breakroom should be separated from your work space. And at Pfizer two, those two protections were not provided in this laboratory. We were working in an embryonic stem cell laboratory, which develops highly advanced technologies. So what happened. It's difficult because this is the middle of the story. When I was exposed to the lintavirus. Prior to my exposure, which made me very, very sick, I had already raised multiple safety issues in the laboratory, not having a safe breakroom, people were finding test tubes in their drinks. If you can believe it, that's how bad it was, and adviser basically ignored it. Ignored these safety issues, they ridiculed people that brought them up, and then they employed a culture of fear of anybody that spoke about biosafety in the lab. Now, these biosafety issues are not just issues of work safety, but also public safety. If a worker gets exposed to one of these issues one of these vectors or technologies, they could go home and perhaps expose a family or exposed if it is contagious. So there's important reasons why we have biosafety parameters and private industry doesn't have the same type of regulations as academia and other laboratories.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McLain a research scientist at Pfizer. Author exposed a Peiser scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower, a book published by Scars Publishing, with the forward by Ralph Nader. So, Becky, you were not the only scientist in your group to complain. Didn't all the other scientists complain as well?
Speaker 3: Yes, there there were multiple sists. We had documentations of people, different scientists raising these safety complaints and they were ignored. And I was told that Pfizer bases their safety policy on what is legal and not necessarily what is safe, which was shocking to me because, as you know, biotechnology advances probably faster than regulations can be placed on an industry. So as a responsible scientist, as a responsible corporation that is using these type of technologies, there's a certain ethics involved with using them. And when the corporation has become so wealthy and so powerful that they don't care about public health and they don't care about biosafety because they have the legal power to crush and sign silence any whistleblower, as I was, then that's a major public health and safety issue.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I completely agree. Our guest is Becky A McClain, author of Exposed, A Phiser scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. Becky, when you first began working for fires that you were recruited, I guess from academia you were a healthy, forty year old successful scientist. May ask what are the symptoms that you developed after your exposure at the Pfiser laboratory in Gratton.
Speaker 3: Before I was exposed to the genetically engineered lentavirus, retaliation against me was hardcore hostility, low performance reviews, isolation. So let's put that in perspective. EXPO happened during in the midst of this retaliation, and what happened was that they used a lent of virus that could infect humans on an open labs bench without biocontainment. Usually most all lenter viruses or genetically engineered viruses are used within a laminar flow biocontainment hood. My supervisor and his aid use the lent of virus on my personal workbench without telling me, and that's when my exposure occurred. What happened initially, and if you know about lent of viruses, lentaviruses HIV. Lent virus causes a's and it's a slow progression of illness. Usually if someone gets AIDS now the lent of virus I was exposed to. They took the AIDS disease genes out and they put other technologies in it because it uses a vector as I told you to infect cells in the lab, because it's a highly efficient vector to infect. So within thirty hours after the exposure, my left side of my face went numb and I did not I knew I had been exposed, but they basically told me that it was not a human infectious agent they were working with. Later on I found out they had lied, so I didn't think anything of it. I thought, well, I must be sick or something was going on. Well, it started with numbness in my face. Then I started having lower left pain jaw, intense lower left pain jaw, and then my gums on that side started bleeding, and then I started getting a flu like symptom systemic illness. This is months going on now and I'm having brain fog. I'm very ill. I feel like I have the flu all the time. I have chronic fatigue, and then I get headaches for like eight days that will not stop, no aspirin, no tile knolls stopping the headaches, and it eventually moves down my spine. Pain moves down my spine, and I fall into a condition called periodic paralysis, where it's a full body paralysis for up to an hour. It can be three minutes to an hour with painful spinal pains in between the paralysis because the paralysis breaks and then it comes back, and eventually we find out why this is happening. But in the beginning I didn't know. I didn't know until finally I was on medical even a doctor said you have some sort of post viral syndrome, and I said, post viral syndrome. I haven't been exposed to a virus. And then it clicked when this exposure happened when they left this messy experiment all over my bench with all over the bench had contaminated my private bench right next to my open office where I didn't have personal protection. So that was the beginning. It was a fight to try to get my exposure records, to try to determine what they had exposed me to and how to get medical care for it, because it was a very severe, dangerous illness and painful. It really impacted my life for a long, long, long long time.
Speaker 2: Well, okay. Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McClain, the research scientist, author of Exposed, a Pfiser scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. Forward by Ralph Nader, published by Skyrs Publishing. Now, Becky, this sounds very upsetting, and it also sounds to me like not the typical thing people get. So you probably thought, what's wrong with me? And when you went to the various physicians, did anyone have a sense of it at all?
Speaker 3: Well. One of the problems with being exposed to a genetically engineered virus is that they can cause new emerging illness Because they're genetically engineered, they have technologies in there that's never been they're not natural. Scientists put these technologies inside a virus so they can ask a question during an experiment. They're not supposed to be exposed to humans. So when I went to the doctor, every doctor said, I've never seen anything like this before. Now, I did have a condition almost comparable to something called periodic paralysis, which is a genetic illness. I did not have any this illness in my family. I was tested. I don't have the genes for a genetic illness, and my illness was a little bit different. It also was very painful. Most people with periodic paralysis don't have the pain syndrome I had, with the spinal pain and the muscle ache and things like that. I'm sorry, So what was the I'm sorry? What was no?
Speaker 2: The question was, you are a trained scientist, healthy woman, all of a sudden your body is completely uncooperative. And it's not as though you, you know, stubbed your toe. You thought, oh, I stubbed my toe or I broke my arm. No, it's nothing like that, you say, it's something that no one has any idea what's going on. So that must have been very upsetting.
Speaker 3: Well, it was very difficult. You go to the doctor you have a very serious illness. I was hospitalized. I was many ambulance rides. I can't even count how many ambulance rise I had. And I was completely completely healthy. I've been an athlete all my life and this was the first time I ever had any major illness happen to me. So it was a struggle of trying to find out what is going on and the clue. Thank god, that one doctor tested my blood and found compliment that indicated I had been exposed to a virus. And that's when I went to Pfizer started writing to them and asking them, can you please give me the records now of what this experiment was all about? Because I was told it was safe, but now I have this illness after this exposure, and I want to know exactly what it was about. And that's when Piso said, I'm sorry, trade secret supersedes You're right and we aren't giving you any information.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is the character the book. If people read the book, they're going to be very surprised about the character of the biotech industry, about their willingness to protect workers and their willingness to protect public health and safety. I think it's going to be a eye opener for the public for.
Speaker 2: Those just tuning into the show. Our guest is Becky maclain. Becky McClain, author of Exposed. Becky was a form of Pfiser scientist. I'll read the blurb to you. Exposed by Becky maclain, a Preiser scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower published by Skyros Publishing and The Forwarders by Ralph Nader Becky. So I read in the book in your book exposed that at one point you thought, when you had terrible pain in your jaw, you thought, oh, well, I had a root canal. I want a dentist to check it out and to redo the root canal. And your dentist said, no, no, no, there's nothing wrong with the root canal. You said, no, redo it anyway, and you redid the root canal and it didn't didn't affect, didn't make it better for second? Is that right? No?
Speaker 3: No, I thought maybe that was the problem when I was having such horrible jaw pain. And no, it didn't help. It all on me. That's how desperate I was. Can you mean begging for a root canal when I already had a root canal? But I had to. I mean, it was it was a very painful syndrome. And uh, my assumption is that somehow I must have touched the lab bench and put my finger in my mouth and it infected into my jaw through my trigeneral nerve, went up into my brain and that's why I started having, you know, spinal pain. I've had a major impacts also with my memory. You know, I'm not as not as sharp as I was since that exposure. It impact, It impacted me quite quite quite a lot. Eventually I did get a description of the virus that I was exposed to. You know, it's explained in the book. It took a long time to get a description. So when they exposed me, they said it was safe, and I just assumed that they were telling you the truth. When I did get the description, it was an HIV derived LINTO virus. That means it was an HIV virus that they took and they genetically engineered, took the the age genes out, but put other technologies in. One of the technologies they put in was an sh RNA technology, which I was very familiar with because I was also developing those technologies in other vectors, not infectious vectors, but other vectors, so I knew I understood the technologies. An s HRNA is I'm going to provide a meta metaphor because I can't boggle people down with scientific you know, words and things. But shRNA acts like a genetic missile in the cell, it's cloned into a virus. Once the virus is inside the cell, it shoots off these missiles. And these missiles are programmed specifically to destroy messenger RNA in your cell. And we do this again in the lab for experimental purposes. For example, of you want a disease state model, you can put an s hr NA in the cell to make a cell sick, and then you have a defined sick cell. So we're not making these these technologies just for the heck of it. So that's all the only information I had. There's a genetic missile in this lintavirus, and you're exposed to a human infectious agent. And then it was a struggle to get any more information because the government ruled that trades also ruled in Visor's favor, that trade secrets superseded my right to get that information for my healthcare. Can you imagine it's still amazing to me that both private industry and the government ruled that trade secrets supersedes a worker's right to get exposure records of what you're exposed to for their healthcare. Now I did this. I didn't expose myself. Someone exposed me, right, and the people that exposed me were part of the retaliation, involved in this lengthy retaliation, so it was even worse.
Speaker 2: We're chatting with Becky McLain. Becky McLain, the research scientist at Pfizer who wrote a book called Exposed. And Becky was a research scientist at Pfiser in their grotten Connecticut campus and she battled corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. And having just heard what she has gone through in a physical health series of events that went on for many years, I want to jump in and just say ask you, Becky. So you went, You eventually had to go to court against Pfizer and you won in twoenty ten. You actually won the lawsuit in twenty ten. So that gives the listeners of his history health and understanding of how long ago this was and what you managed to accomplish really on your own. Ohsha wasn't helping you. You know, you were there and you were sick, and you were on your own. So could you please tell us what happened in twenty ten in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: I had no right, according to the judge, to bring up my illness in front of the jury, even though the exposure could have been part of the retaliation, and it was also part of the biosafety issues that we were very concerned about about not bio containing genetically engineered viruses Correctly, we found someone found a genetically engineered virus where we eat and drink, someone had left a genetically virus. That's how bad the biosafety was and unbelievably ignoring it. So we brought counts of free speed and whistleblowing claim to claims of that, and then we also brought a claim called the Sworez account. But the judge through the swore As legal account out claiming that workers compensation could only deal with my illness, which is a big joke because the worker's compensation demands a high level of evidence to win in workers comp and then you don't get really that good of a compensation anyway. So many workers that are being exposed and become an ill or have a disease, it's impossible to really prove it, especially if the company is denying you exposure records to prove that you've been exposed to this agent, and then it causes a new disease, and then it's the difficulty for physicians that don't really understand what's going on, because most physicians don't even understand molecular biology, let's alone a new emerging illness caused by them right now. So the judge through the Suarez count out, and that count is for willful and reckless and malicious behavior, and she threw that out. So the jury didn't hear any of how I got sick, how I was exposed. They only heard about the safety issues in the lab. And I did win on that, which is great. I mean, just to get in front of a jury as a whistleblower. As you read the book, you're going to all these obstacles against workers. Most of them are gagged with an NDA, A non disclosure non disclosure agreement. Is that the right word I'm trying to use. Well, I wouldn't sign one. That's why Fizer came after me so badly. They wanted me silenced. And I had already met other injured workers who were so afraid to talk because they had signed one of these agreements. So I did not sign. We went into battle. I finally got in front of a jury, and that was like a miracle, just because of the legal obstacles put in place, against workers, so the public can't hear what's going on. They don't want the public to understand the dangers in biotechnology that's going on in biotechnology, the lack of free speech, and the lack of workers' rights. So yes, I won in twenty ten, and Pfizer appealed, and I finally was paid one point three million dollars in twenty and thirteen. Now I want the listeners to realize that's ten years after my exposure. I can't work, I'm sick, I've lost income, all my income, I'd lost my career, and the obstacles of just trying to find the money, find the energy an attorney. So it's really a miracle. I was able to get in front of a jury, thank God for my attorneys, and to win this case. And that's why it's very important regarding publishing the book, because it does give me some credibility. Although there are many, many, many whistleblowers that didn't have the opportunity to get in front of a jury, and they've suffered consequences like me. But my book is an example of what's occurring and why you don't see that many or hear about injured workers in the biotech arena is because everything's gagged non disclosure agreements, and just to get in front of a jury is tough. I won one point three million dollars because that was my salary for ten years. While advisor retaliated against me, I was not paid for the loss of my career. I didn't get a penny for the injury that they caused me, and I didn't get directed medical care. And workers comp also claimed that trade secrets superseded my right to get the exposure records so I could even get medical care. That's how bad workers compensation is. We really need a lot of changes in this industry and regarding free speech and workers' rights.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Those of you listening to the show realized how powerful and really terrifying this information is. That Becky McLain had the experience was forced to her book is Exposed, published by Skylar was publishing forward by Ralph Nader. Again the book is Exposed now, Becky. Also in the book, you mentioned that the judge who you had listening to the case, did she have a conflict of interest?
Speaker 3: Yes, she did have a conflict that interest and.
Speaker 2: What was that conflict of interest.
Speaker 3: The conflict of interest was that her husband worked with Pfizer and worked with other institutes to invest one hundred million dollars in embry human embryonic stem cells. As you can remember in or I don't know if you remember, but around two thousand and five two thousand, there was a big parade of human embryonic stem cells. We need to work with these, which means you have to work with the human embryo and they were promoting this because they were going to be miracle cures, make people walk again. You know, you were going to cure Parkinson's. We're going to do it. As an embryonic stem cell scientist, I knew these were just complete lies. But tons of money was being poured in California, put in billions of dollars. In Connecticut, where this story was happening, they believe it was one hundred million dollars was taken out of the public funds to support this human embryonic stem cell initiative. And they didn't Connecticut didn't want my story coming out because then the public would be in an uproar that you want to do human embryonic stem cell technologies, but you don't want to keep your workers safe. You don't want to keep the public safe from these technologies. So I also just to explain these technologies they they might or they might might not or might could cause an epidemic or a pandemic. But usually in BL two labs, which is a lab I worked in, usually it would take some time to become contagious because we do have some different vectors that hopefully won't become a pandemic, but it could possibly so. But what they can cause, it can cause metabolic disorders upon a community. If it's released, it can cause cancer all a new emerging disease. So I just want the public to be aware it's not only an epidemic or a pandemic, which was an awful experience with COVID. As you know, this also can be just becoming very very ill like I did. And if you think my illness wasn't serious, please read my book. It can happen to you. Also.
Speaker 2: A guest is Becky maclain, a former scientist Adfiser senior scientist, wrote the book called Exposed. How Becky maclain, a scientist Adfiser battled corruption, lies and betrayal and became a biohazard whistleblower and one court case. In twenty ten, again, The Fords by Ralph Nader's book was published by Skyrs Publishing. It does a great job of publishing important books that no one else has the guts to touch. Becky, So the judge only after the case was settled, is that when you found out that her husband worked for Pfiser in an important position.
Speaker 3: Yes, she knew, Well, my assumption is she should know what her husband's were working with. But after I won the case, she disclosed that she had a conflict of interest, and so she delayed the whole case for a year so Pfizer could come after us after I won the lawsuit. So people think you win a lawsuit and you win. No, they appealed the lawsuit and they came after us for three years after that, not only me, but also came after my husband, who worked for the government. The judge had a conflict of interest. Her husband was working within the embryonic stem cell community of one hundred million dollars investing that and working with Visor also had interactions with pviisor So it was a blatant conflict of interest.
Speaker 2: Okay, Becky, now let me jump in here. Our guest is Becky McLain, research scientist, author of Exposed, a very important book on what can happen when safety protocols aren't properly followed at laboratories owned by private individuals, and Pfiser is, of course, by perspective, the largest most powerful pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical company worldwide. Becky, So now that it's you know, you won in twenty ten, and now it's you know, all these years later, So may I ask has anything changed for the better? What has changed? What has changed for the better?
Speaker 3: Well, regarding biosafety, nothing, there's no there's no laws regarding expert laws placed on biotech technology. On the biotech industry, workers still have no rights. They have no rights to even say, hey, I want to be part of a safety committee. And that's a whole other story. As you see how Advisor builds their safety committee. It's a joke. It's a joke. No. The only thing that's changed, I think is which is positive. Unfortunately, through COVID, there are much more scientists now coming out and speaking about the truth about science and how the culture of science. So that is for example, you've invited me to speak on your program that's a big deal. No one knows really, even though the stories happened, I won my lawsuit and finally was won it completely in twenty thirteen. No one's really picked up my story. So I appreciate you, Joshua and other scientists now that are standing up. And it's very difficult to stand up against the you know, the establishment. But in terms of biosafety, no, the public is still at risk and all uh, most scientists are gagged uh with legal legal orders that they can't speak and this is this is just indecent, totally indecent.
Speaker 2: Becky, let me ask this question. Are you in contact with any of the scientists working at Pfizer when you were there in early two thousands who may have been exposed to these viruses and maybe they didn't tell you at the time or you didn't recognize it because they, you know, FIS was busy, you know, harassing you. Are they still living?
Speaker 3: Uh? First of all, when you're when you're a whistleblower, they become you become very isolated. They isolate you quickly. You I could not even talk to anybody within the department. One of my attorneys did get a phone call from another scientist in my department saying that she was ill and she needed an attorney. That's all I heard, you know, because they can't speak, you know. Okay, So yes, people were getting ill. And in the book also describes about other exposures from a biocontainment where people were getting ill. Regarding the manager that told when I brought up some safety issues, he said, I don't have cancer yet, why are you complaining? Well, he's passed from cancer.
Speaker 2: Okay. So yeah, and again let me say so this person who passed from cancer, so he must have been about your age. In other words, he died of cancer, not at ninety but at what fifty five or something?
Speaker 3: At fifty five? Yes, at fifty five. So yeah, this is serious stuff. And there's no the government is not tracing any of these injuries. So it's it's very difficult, you know. It's they want to keep it secret, and they want to keep self regulation within the industry without giving biotech workers the rights to free speech and to discuss safety issues.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McClain author exposed. Becky a spfiser scientist, battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower forward by Ralph Nader, published by Scars Publishing and Becky McClain one her lawsuit in twenty ten. Ladies and Gentlemen, twenty ten, This is an ongoing problem that we It's frightening by the way it's I find it frightening since frankly, I know nothing about this subject. I mean, you know, I'm good with food. You know I understand food. But there's all these virus problems are like, wow, it doesn't matter what the heck you're reading. You're exposed to these toxic agents, and boy, you can get real sick, and no one knows what to do for you. You're really on your own. So it's it seems very frightening. So you had an attorney you got you managed to get a good attorney, and he told you, listen, don't go to OSHA. They will not help you. But you met must have made you feel pretty terrible to think no OSHA will Occupational Health and Safety they will help me. I'm working, they'll help me, And they wouldn't. And it turns out your attorney was correct, but you decided to know you were contacted them anyway. And then I, as you mentioned, the attorney said oh okay, whatever, and you started using OSHA. And uh so that attorney that you work with, who was a former I think state You said, state senator.
Speaker 3: Is he still living, No, he's past, he's gone. Yes he he kept advising me, OHSHI is not your friend. You're going to get You know, they're gonna don't go to OSHA. Well, the only just for people's understanding, the only regulatory agency overseeing private bio labs is OSHA. You have to go if you're going to if you're going to complain about retaliation, or or you're a whistleblower, or you've been injured, you must go to OSHA. You don't have any choice in the matter. Otherwise you can't go to court. You have to. You have to exhaust your OSHA responsibilities first. And reading my book, you'll be amazed at how OSHA looks at this issue of what happens in the lab. Basically, they don't do anything and not why I'm sorry they do do something. They stab me in the back. I have all this information documented from several scientists. I've been exposed. I have it all documented, and they throw out my case and say I'm a whistleblower because I want to get money. I mean, that's how bad OSHA is. So the public better be very careful because there's no regulatory oversight because these agencies are all compromised. You know, they're the heads are appointed figure and most of them are biotech industry appointed figures ahead of agencies that they're supposed to be regulating, regulating the agency that they're given oversight. So it's it's very problematic. We need major changes in our in our safety protocols and our regulatory oversight of these labs.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Thank you for listening to listeners yourself listening to Becky today, You know this is really powerful and really actually very upsetting. It's very upsetting because we recognize that every one of us in the United States and I guess around the world can be exposed to these pathogenic agents, these viruses that we know nothing about. That it's brand new science. It's great to do science, but does need to be controlled and regulated, and we the public need to have people on our side. Becky's book is called Exposed by Becky A. McClain for by Ralph Nada published by Scars Publishing. Becky, how kind of listeners have heirs to your health? Contact you and what can they do to support your ideas and protect themselves at the same time it's very self serving? How can they do something to make sure this doesn't happen to them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, well they could contact me at info at beckyamaclain dot com if they want to email me, okay for any questions, you know, regarding why I wrote the book because I wanted people to understand the culture of biosafety operating in twenty first century biotechnologies and the advanced biotechnologies that are being made and now especially with AI and they're working now with human embryos without oversight. They say there's oversight, but it's all self regulated again with many non disclosures about what's happening. But I wanted that, you know, the public has to understand we're going through. I personally think we're going through a major in techy problem about science because of the big money involved in science. Now, we've lost our academic advocacy because they're big money now. So I think the public really needs to do their own research until we can get things straightened out about the integrity of science, and I'm hoping that they're going to be a little bit smarter. They can't be that trustworthy about what's being said about science because it's become so politicized instead of really truthful science. That's the problem we do because now there's so much money in biotech. It's a three point two trillion dollar industry, and they've got power, they've got influence, they've got the conflicts of interest, and the public has to get involved. The public has to have and outcry that hey, you want to do these technologies. Yes, we're all for you know, bringing in new technologies, but there must be safety protocols, there must be rights to workers, and there must be free speech in science.
Speaker 2: Right. Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for listening today to the broadcast from Becky A. McClain, author of Exposed, published by Skyris Publishing for by Ralph Nader. It's really it's a very well written book. It's very worth reading. It's a very important subject. And i'd really like to thank Becky for you know, being on the show again. And Becky's is on regularly and Becky also is luckily doing other broadcasts now getting these ideas out because these are frightening. This is frightening stuff, but we need to know about it and hopefully we can help make it better. Let me just offer one historical analogy. Letting gasoline was a major problem in the America and the world for a long time, and the signists who discovered it and comment on it was you know, hated and you know, had a very rough time. But finally they were able to take lead out of gasoline. And this all, this book by Becky McClain is on par with the lead in gasoline causing so many health problems. So we see that these kind of problems do exist and that luckily, when courageous people like Becky McLain come forward, they can be resolved successfully. Successfully. This is Josh Laine. You're listening to hears to your health. We take a short break. We'll be right back after these important messages.
Speaker 6: Give the gift of health to someone you love with all a life. Alavera Prince Alavera widely is by our ancestors as herbal medicine contains much needed nutrition. When the ala vera is not overfiltered, people need an easy way to better health and Alavia. Alogo concentrates our motivation in a bottle. Give the gift of health with Alo Life Delicious cherry berry, orange, papaya or Allegle concentrates. Study show improvement in our digestion, skin, health and energy. Do something good for yourself. Alo Life Alavera for a Healthier Life available at Sprouts Natural Grocers. Mothers at alolife dot com called eight hundred for one four Alo that's eight hundred four one four a l oe. Alo Life Alavera for a Healthier Life eight hundred four one four Aloe leaders in health products since nineteen ninety one. Alo Life for a Healthier Life.
Speaker 4: The Latest from the Greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers, with your host, the insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 5: This is Alice Cooper.
Speaker 3: And if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make mean criminally insane? Stick around to find out.
Speaker 5: Many of the artist interviews for The Latest for the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one. In volume two, great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 7: I'm the Revenuel Greed and you're listening to the Insane Daryl Wayne, and I said Wayne Insane.
Speaker 5: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio. Search for the latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne. D A R R E L l w A y n E.
Speaker 3: Hello, this is weird All Yankovic and you listening to the Insane darl.
Speaker 4: Wayne, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the show. If you have suggestions for guests or topics you would like to hear, please email me at Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com. That's Josh Lane Wellness US at gmail dot com, Jo s H l a n E. Wellness at gmail dot com. On behalf of the cast and crew. I would like to wish you a healthy and safe, good evening.
Speaker 6: Say goodbye to rough, dry and troubled skin even atne scars vague with allolife skin jel by Alo Life not over process, so look for the dark yellow color like the ancients wrote about that gets to work fast in five minutes to forty five days skin jel. For more beautiful skin by Alolife, call eight hundred four one four a l o E. That's eight hundred four one four alo an A plus better Business Bureau company skin Jel available at Whole Foods, Clarks Natural Grocers, other quality stores. Plus allolife dot com eight hundred four one four Aloe. That's eight hundred four one four a l Alolife ala Vera for you eight hundred four one four Aloe Do something good for yourself. Zoom into the new year. Leaders in health products since nineteen ninety one, Alo Life for a Healthier Life.
Speaker 4: The Latest from the Greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers, with your host, the Insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 5: This is Alice Cooper.
Speaker 3: And if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make mean criminally insane? Stick around to find out.
Speaker 5: Many of the artist interviews from the Latest from the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one. In volume two, great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 7: I'm the Revenuel Greed and you're listening to the Insane. Y'rel Wayne, and I said Wayne Insane.
Speaker 5: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio. Search for the Latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne. D A r r E l l w A y n E.
Speaker 4: Hello, this is weird Al Yankovic and you're listening to the insane Daryl Wayne, aren't you