Speaker 1: Aye, Yes, rocking out with Cypress Hill. This is the world famous Ben and Skin show man. There's something that has gone viral in the last twenty four hours and I don't think it's going the way that our friends at Southwest Airlines had hoped. Southwest Airlines going through some changes. They announced that they would implement a signed seating in the second half of twenty twenty five, and then on Wednesday they had the announcement yesterday that they are going to end it's two bags fly free policy and that has led to a bunch of people voicing their concern. They're upset about that.
Speaker 2: I'm upset about this. People are like, man, how can you do this?
Speaker 1: Like, you know, you guys were different from all the other airlines because of the bags fly free and because of you know, we just grab a seat where ever we want.
Speaker 2: Now you're just turned into a regular airline.
Speaker 1: And they had the really badass commercial that ended with the dying and the you are now free to roam around the country.
Speaker 2: That was a great deal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yesterday, in the face of all the public backlash for Southwest Airlines over them changing these policies, somebody on their social media team decided to put out a post that said, it's not like we traded Luca with eyeballs looking at it. In other words, I get while you're upset with us, but let's not overreact. It's not like we traded Luca. And I think they thought that it'd be like, look, we're all in this together. Now, let's point over there and laugh at that thing over there, and that's the real thing that sucks. And everyone's like whoa, whoa, whoa, way too soon, Like I'll there's people like the backlash for this has been beyond the backlash for the other stuff. Yeah, I think whoever did this probably thought, man, that didn't that work out well at the Golden Globes, like you know, but it's totally different community. And the other thing is Southwest Airlines is so tied to love Field, which is so tied to the Mavericks. Like I was just in love Field three days ago and they still have you know, giant mav player banners wrapped around those pillars that support So you're walking down the hall and there's giant Klay Thompson and there's giant PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington.
Speaker 1: So they're very much aligned in terms of being fused together, right, Like there's the Mavericks are all over love Field Airport and love Field Airport is Southwest Airlines. Yeah, so aren't they kind of you know, eating where they poop?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know it maybe, but does it even go that far? I mean, how much thought is putted? I pull up a Twitter account. They haven't tweeted any things. It's January twenty twenty four, so they're not doing anything on Twitter X. Now Iver, you're on Instagram though, pretty active, but fewer followers. Somebody they're trying to build that up. I don't know. It just makes you wonder was it a manager? Was it a social media person that they've hired and probably paying a good wage. Mean's a degree getting job now, I bet it was a young person. To Ben's point, I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that's what all these companies do, is they look to save as much money as they can. And yes, you could go get some super qualified marketing person who understands the full scope of branding and how people are going to react to certain things, or you could go cheap and get a twenty two year old who just graduated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 1: There's also a mentality of like man you don't even need a marketing degree to understand social media. Come on, man, look at all these influencers. They didn't get marketing degrees. Just get someone that understands that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The Other part of this, though, is this is a four part post. Like the first part was you at least didn't trade Luca, But then it goes into we've made updates to our bag policy and you're still gonna love flying with us, and here's why, and you slide across to the third one of the four. If you're an A List Preferred Rewards member, you get two bags free. If you're an A List Origins number one bag free. So it's like, okay, if you just sign up and spend a little more time and money with us, then.
Speaker 5: You get more.
Speaker 2: See, it's not bad we didn't trade Luca. And then like, man, the Atlanta Falcons are dunking on them, like just putting Delta Airlines on there, and I'm like, Falcons, not the time for Delta. They had a plane backwards the other day. It's not They've had like two big incidents in the last couple weeks. Why are the Atlanta Falcons that war with Southwest Airlines? Because they're just promoting Delta, who's probably their partner. So it's like, can we just we got to separate sports from business.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then Southwest Airlines should be like, at least we didn't give Kirk Cousins too much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're gonna keep him as the backup man.
Speaker 1: This thing is a powder cake. Still, it's way too hyper sensitive. If you want to reach people in Dallas for worth and you care about them as consumers, you don't kick them in the coconuts while they're crying about Luca.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it's too early.
Speaker 1: It's too soon, and just the way that it's gone since the trade and whatever the Mavericks had in mind, all that has changed due to inj you know. And so it's a worst case scenario. Whatever the Mavericks were trading Luca for has not been able to exist. Therefore it couldn't be worse, right, Therefore, it's a developing situation that is still happening. It was absolutely worst case scenario for the MAVs. Like, there's two different things here. One there's the trade of Luca, which everyone has to feel a certain way about, and then number two, there's what happened to all these players getting injured, which that is out of their control. Now, I think like to some point, you know, you can make the debate though about well, Anthony Davis was a guy with an injury history, so you should know, right, you can make that argument if you want to make that argument. The Kyrie acl has nothing to do with trading Luca. The Derek Lively injury has nothing to do with trading Luca. The Daniel Gafford injury has nothing to do I mean, I can go on and on with this. Right, They're unrelated. So from the Mavericks point of view, you make a controversial emote, not emotional on their part, emotional for the fan base trade, and then every possible horrible thing that can happen happens. So now you have to deal with the idea of see karma, which is like one of those things like really, man, I don't even like we can deal in the reality of the horribleness of all this without blaming it on karma.
Speaker 2: Is it true? And I don't know the full details on this, but is it true that they were trying to get a bullet train in the late eighties early nineties to Houston and that was put on hold in large part because Southwest Airlines was making a power play explaining you don't need this, We'll get you everywhere you need to be and bags will fly free. I don't know the entry. I saw a post about that, but it was one of those things that you just see online and it's like, Okay, this is gonna need a little more due diligence, and I just it made me think, that's interesting that we're still talking about the bullet train a little bit and not really but okay comes up every now and then. It's like, if they really did stop that from happening thirty five years ago, only to flick this which in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Well, that pisses me off a little bit. I I mean, there could be something there. In other words, there's always that, like the beer companies are trying to influence legislators to not have THHC and weed right, Like, there's always business interest going on. My understanding is that the reason the bullet train hadn't happened is because of all this farm land you got to deal with and all these you know, there's like all these infrastructure issues that comes with creating it.
Speaker 2: But what the hell do I know. I'm a jackass on the eas. I just found a big article about it, and I will read more about that and report on that coming up in August.
Speaker 1: Very nice, and that reminds me of your due diligence you were talking about. Reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 2: So they called me dude intelligence and start time.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 6: No, you're right, right, right, right right, trying to do it one old.
Speaker 4: Time quick quick ef it with our show.
Speaker 7: You're gonna ruling it, except with similar sweet pursuing it tunneled out Shaw shank through the sewer, Kid now with chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we two in it. Three clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How we'd starting to get crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tune.
Speaker 2: Then zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I won't hang out with the friends rocking on the radio, my home, moist skin talking on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's time to to this false.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, here we go, KT stream up and.
Speaker 4: All on the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we are off and running. It's gonna be an awesome show where we're gonna go next. KT the other day, we did the Benning's Pole question of the Day. Would you get your arms and wrists shattered for thirteen million dollars being beaten by with an aluminum bat by a daredevil? This really happened, and Evilknevel did this. The new Ben and Skin pole question of the day is gonna blow your doors off? And I'll prove it next. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle Man. I'm so excited for Saturday, Saint Patti's Day Parade on Greenville Avenue. We will be there and we will be partying. We're gonna have our own Eagle float, Woodie, Teresa, Everybody's gonna be here, even our program director Elliott. So we're gonna be hanging and partying. We might try to smuggle Mike, the drummer of Drowning Pool on our float. Who knows, but you need to be there hanging out. We are probably just on, you know, supervised, gonna put roller Town on our float.
Speaker 2: Try to stop us. That's the brewery.
Speaker 1: Ben and I are partners in up in Solana. Uh So, anyways, hope to see you down there on Saturday. That's gonna be a whole heck of a lot of fun. Now, we also like to give stuff away on this show. I want to give away right now, Volbeat, the greatest of All tours with special guess Hailstorm and the Ghost Inside. That's at the Toyota Music Factory the Pavilion on July the twenty eighth. Now, if you want to win tickets for that, you got to have the iHeart app, the free app where you can stream and leave talkback messages. Click that microphone right now, and the third person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question which major local company just had a massive PR blunder involving Luca. We were just talking about it, and if you were listening, you know, and you're gonna win those tickets.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Everybody got some MAVs and some cowboys to talk about. Hearing about thirty minutes. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Juicing your moves, Hot gods, every live, come stay on top in the woods shovel.
Speaker 2: I have some more proof that I'm a content king because I all over were the prep sides and all this was this thing, and I had this thing ready for yesterday and I was like, Okay, it's not urgent, We'll do it tomorrow, not a big deal. So this thing ready for today. But I would like to tell you that this in a few minutes. Will we posed as the ben and skin Pole question of the day, because yesterday or two days ago, we were talking about Leonardo DiCaprio's in the discussions to play Evil Canievl. Adrian Brody is in discussions to play Shelley Saltman. Shelley Saltman was the promoter who Evil Canevil beat the tarnation out of with an aluminum bat, shattering his wrist and arms. But he was paid out thirteen million dollars in the late seventies. So would you in the late seventies take thirteen million dollars to have your arms broken and wrist broken to get thirteen million dollars? But it is Evil Knieval beating you with an aluminum bat? What age Evil Canievl? This is his forties? Okay, we determined he was in his late forties. Do we have to go back and live in the seventies now?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: Just right?
Speaker 2: Would you take thirteen million dollars to have your arms and wrist broken? I'd rather live in the seventies. That bad. Thirteen million not a part of the question. But wait, what is that today?
Speaker 1: Dollars Today it's way moredeed, it's probably like twenty six to thirty million dollars. Yeah, I think I'd rather have thirteen million in the seventies, all right, on the seventies.
Speaker 2: I'll take six million in the late sixties.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, I thought we could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we can see.
Speaker 9: I'm worried that can I have his frame because my frame I don't think could handle a whole lot of hits from Evil Canevil.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that's fair. But let's just assume there's no hits. Just to take the broken arm.
Speaker 9: Just say the broke broken arm.
Speaker 2: You don't have to picture him smashing. Yeah, I think that'd be bad in the woman. You know, that's not acceptable. Why it was the seventies. Okay, okay, so we're I regret everything about to set.
Speaker 1: Up and okay, hold on, I would I would let Evil can Eevil have at my arm and smash it for thirteen mil even today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Does he get to hunt my broken arm?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: And not a part of it. I say, jump or hump both yep. So I was watching Jimmy Kimmel the other night and I don't know, I hear it just happened to be on. Oh's Joe Mchal's gonna be on Joel McHale. I'm in one of my heroes, right, We're good. So Joel McHale comes on and this which I promise I was gonna air yesterday. And I wake up today and I see that all the radio prep sides are like putting it out there, and I'm like, you, sons of bitches, I should be the radio prep side. What does that pay? Either way?
Speaker 9: It could be your future are slacking. You should.
Speaker 2: Joel mchal goes to the farmer's market every Sunday morning. He gets a bunch of food and he's explaining it for our family. But I also have rabbits, and he explains the story.
Speaker 6: We used to have this rabbit up until three weeks ago. And I'm not kidding. We had another rabbits, yeah, and they were buddies and then one of them passed away, uh. And then the other one lived till eight uh and he was a great bunny. But one rabbit, the one rabbit who did pass away did. At one point they were battling each other and we noticed. We took him to the vet and he's like, yeah, this one rabbit has eaten the testicles.
Speaker 2: Off the other. And I was like, oh, quite the fight.
Speaker 6: And and we said, well, why would he eat the testicles of the other rabbit? And goes, well, just in case a female rabbit shows up, and I was like, we don't have any female rabbits and he was like, tell the bunnies that.
Speaker 10: So we as a matter of self defense, in order to keep their genetic line going, rabbits will eat each other's balls.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right. I had no idea wild this wildlife fact I've ever heard, and he didn't appear to be joking.
Speaker 9: Is this just to promote Monty python turning fifty?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was that. Yeah, good, oh fin So your Benskin Poll question of the day is a woman of your dreams? Would you bite the balls off of another man? Who's the woman your dreams? Who's the man?
Speaker 9: So your wife?
Speaker 2: So definitely not. No, I'm sorry, I think you keep your balls.
Speaker 1: It's difficult because I landed her without doing what you wanted me to do, so it's kind of hard to go back and go Okay, yeah, I'll go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Do that to the balls.
Speaker 9: Okay, halle Berry. Okay, you can have halle Berry.
Speaker 2: But you gotta do that before or after Monster's ball. Halle Berry? Now or two? She's still hot? Did she still got it?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Well you feel good? I I don't.
Speaker 1: Can I slice them off with a knife and cook them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I like this, a pairing knife beneath a milking table, right into a frying pan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and popular, Yeah, it might be good. I would do. I have to be the one to slice them. Can I get someone to do that? How about this? It's two chilis turns fifty today.
Speaker 1: Just batter them up and included in my triple dipper and it'll be a quad squad.
Speaker 2: I would dip the quad squad. They should step the quad squad promotion. Quad squad is great?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 2: Can I dip them in Queso? Yes? Okay? Then this is easy? All right?
Speaker 1: So now it's just who's the dream girl? Probably Sophia Vedegarra. I mean, honestly, there's probably a good three to thirty five hundred women to be well Lexis Texas, right, really might just have to stand in line beating up.
Speaker 2: You don't want that? Why what do you mean you don't want that?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: She probably has done what you have to do. She's just some Texas state gal. What do you mean, man, my queen and the power parting? You said queen with again.
Speaker 2: We're transitioning to the next story. Oh guys, check your phone. I just sent you this. I don't want to I got a wedding gift which I got married in October and we didn't have a formal like wedding. We went to Vegas and had a quick one right, no, And uh, what you see on a card? One of y'all just read it out live from Dallas, Texas. It's Kevin and Roxy Turners. Okay, that's cool. And it's from my buddy Kent, okay. And Kent's a good dude. But Kent's like he's been telling me for like about a week and a half, Hey, man, you go delivery coming, let me know when you get it, Okay, let me know. And I'm like, okay, what why does he want me to let him know? Just to confirm that it didn't get lost in the mail. So I see it and I'm like Okay, that's cool. It's a que card like from a Smelli could have made it great. But I also noticed at the bottom right, I noticed that there's a signature. And the signature on that Q card is a guy named Wally, and Wally the guy. And I know this because I see him. He has a small on air roll on the Seth Myers show at night sometimes every once a walk and Seth will basically yell at him because he tries to go in the air. You know that's the bid. It's like, no, Wally, is Wally trying to get on there? Well, then Kent sends me a video of an older man and I know who he is. It's Wally in his living room or at the kitchen table actually, and he's got his markers out and he's making this que card from SNL And I want you to listen to this. It's the best gift I've ever gotten.
Speaker 10: Okay, Hey, Kevin Roxy, I'm Wally Ferriston. I'm a head que guard guy who signed that live. I think you already know that I'm doing a cque card for you guys. You guys are from Dallas, Texas. Not going to hold that against you. Your football team has not been good lately, and I'm a Patriots fan and neither have we. All right, this is a wedding gift from your friend's Kent. And he said, you guys do an SNL fantasy draft that you run Kevin, where you guess the host, the musical guests for ease EPISO. So we do something like that too at the show, like in the summer. We'll guess hot people, you know, like hot actors and who hasn't hosted, and maybe who's coming back.
Speaker 4: We don't bet money on it, thought you guys gamble, you guys bet money? What is the win or win?
Speaker 10: I wonder, Roxy, I know nothing about you. You told me nothing about you. I'm assuming you're a lovely young lady. Although you did marry the biggest SNL dirt in Dallas, so.
Speaker 4: No judgment.
Speaker 10: I like that name, Roxy too. Let's read your card live from Dallas, Texas. It's Kevin at Rox each other graduations and maybe I'll see you guys. If you guys wouldn't takets or a lottery, let me know and we'll I'll come down and say hello, or come up and say hello. We're every sitting and you'll be thankful because I'll come say hello.
Speaker 2: And graduations amazing. He's been there the whole time. He's the guy, he's in charge of the whole Q card department. And then if you see it's in the picture I sent you, wait, he's been there since the seventies. I think he's been there since the beginning. Wow, and he is uh. If you see at the top right corner it says one. Yeah, he's like he said, I I edited out some of the minutia of that, but that is would have been like if there's eight cards in the sketch, like one, two, three, four, five, So she just put one. That's how they do it. And I know, like with the actors, like okay, you're you're black, you're gonna be blue, you're green, you're red. And Nate Bargatzi is one of those. He's color blind and he is like, I didn't know I was reading lines. I don't know, but I was like, that's the coolest gift I've ever gotten, and I was just I'm very wanted to share that with you guys. So they still use Q cards. They don't use teleprompters. Q cards is the way it is and it's the way it will always. Are you gonna frame that? Absolutely gonna frame it. Well, it's so perfect, Like he misspelled her name. We don't live in Dallas. She did not take my last name. Like, there's so many things wrong with it. It's so beautiful. I love it. What if she accidentally threw it away? Would you know? She was stoked about it too? That's all let's go, well, yeah it can't. Yeah, what's underneath? Is that a dirty sheet? What's underneath the card? That's just it's on the guest bedroom right now, we don't have a friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, the office, there is the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next. And around the sports Patrick Dumont has spoken, and what are the cowboys doing? We never know what they're doing in there.
Speaker 2: That's next. All right?
Speaker 1: How about dinner tonight at Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It's in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in town. And it is so good that readers of the Dallas Morning News voted at best pizzeria in all of DFW. They've mastered Dallas style pizza. They've got Chicago, Detroit, tavern style, New York style, and they've mastered them all, so go check them out. It is pure greatness. They also have a great selection of local craft beers. There's always a game on. It's just a great place to hang out. One location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen Preston and Plano, Parkway and Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. And now it's.
Speaker 10: Time for Basis Wee Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 4: Here are the important.
Speaker 2: Stories he's currently tracking from around the world. All right, so a few years ago, it was twenty twenty one, they changed the name of the Bomb Factory down in Deep Bellum great music venue to the Factory, And I tell you to take some sexippill from a place, dude.
Speaker 1: I remember dumping all over this and then kind of looking around going, oh, wait, we have ties to the people that book it, so maybe we shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: But I remember thinking it was a horrible idea.
Speaker 1: What was the reason they got some new new owners.
Speaker 2: I'm really not Yeah, the strategic because bomb bombs.
Speaker 1: The reason was like, all right, we don't want to connote any type of violence or anything like that. But it's like, dude, it's a historical building where they actually built bombs, like it's part of the lore of the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this has anything to do with the PC culture or whatever. Yeah, but I mean there's a there's a situation there to change. The owners at Westdale Asset Management bought the name from the Barlow family. I don't know who they are, but they formally ran the site. So the change is going back. So whatever. They're gonna have a big announcement next week, even though it's already in the paper. A big official announcement next week and then a big party in April. Is that where we saw a new order? Yes, nice venue. I like that.
Speaker 1: I love the venue and if you can get we were we dropped some coin and we were up in the suites and I have seen there's several shows that I've seen up in those suites, and there's some of the best music memories I have. We went when they reopened it and rebranded it, not when they turned it into the Factor.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about before.
Speaker 1: That, and it was DiAngelo touring on that Black Messiah record and it was the first night of the venue where they had the new suits and everything, and man, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. I've seen craft work there, LCD sound System, New Order with you, like when the Shins came back and replayed Oh Inverted World top to bottom. Like, There's been so many great shows that I've seen since they've reconfigured that venue, and it's it's an awesome space.
Speaker 2: It's like Sony Towns probably have something called a factory though because he had the bomb factory. It still hits harder. It's just better. And it's not like it's racist. I mean they built bombs there. It's part of that. Yeah, right, But since you said racist, I'm gonna play a clip from golf today. Hideki Matsuyama had a rough round guys at the Players Championship, the fifth major. He played best. Roy played with him once. Yes, And this announcer his name, we should put a name on him. His name is John McGinn's. It's like ESPN plus they just you know, get people out there to do some golf on Thursday mornings.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Matsiama is having a rough go of it and he's about to you know, wrap up a bogie on a hole. This is for bogie just inside of five feet.
Speaker 4: He hasn't smiled yet.
Speaker 2: I went neither.
Speaker 4: No, that's sushi. I mean, this is just brutal round the golf so far.
Speaker 2: That sushi you can't do that. Can't do that.
Speaker 9: And also you would use it for a good thing. Yeah, I love sushi. Sushi's good, that's super.
Speaker 2: Jordan Speeth hasn't been hasn't had a bad hot dog this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he's talking about. Man, That experience is a gain to food poisoning.
Speaker 4: He did that.
Speaker 2: That's what's round is.
Speaker 1: But he went ahead and I don't know, regionalized the food where that guy might be from.
Speaker 9: I thought he was describing his putt as in that sushi.
Speaker 4: He said he hasn't smiled yet.
Speaker 2: I went neither.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was just the.
Speaker 2: Only way he could have saved it is if he said he must have got sushi from one of those sushi glory holes, and then that would have been like, okay, that makes sense. He saved it. He say bad sushi talking about the guy from Japan. He just it's an interesting choice, that's all I'm saying. It's an interesting choice. I look forward to his defense. I don't think you'll have to defend it.
Speaker 1: Really, yah, seventeen plus nothing like it, nothing but white people watching golf.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, I agree with that guy. I watched a crap town of golf today. Love the players Championship. Josie Records in the news, of course, because Garland is welcoming two new record stores. We've done this because we opened up. Oh well, I'll just read the Dallas Observer paragraph here. In November, North Texas music behemoth Josie Records opened its third location on Northwest Highway. The grand opening was on Saturday, November ninth, preceded by two days of so off launch celebration. That Ben and Skin Show was recorded live for ninety seven point one The Eagle. It was recorded live I'll Never Forget It, and Live Radio returned with a show with Jeff k from lone Star ninety two to five. Shout out sister station and the Dallas Observer in a story about Garland, We're featuring the Ben and Skin Show. It's fantastic. As you guys went to Bergner. If you guys have long considered Garland to be your rival, I've always thought Casual too harsh towards Garland on the home city.
Speaker 1: Garland looks up to Richardson, and Richardson never thinks about Garland.
Speaker 2: Richardson's too worried about Carrollton.
Speaker 1: We don't worry about anyone except Bram Wildcatfield dog.
Speaker 2: You think we care about Carrollton? Come on?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: What was Richard?
Speaker 2: I can't care about as a guy who lives in Richards's Dallas, there's one.
Speaker 1: And the only reason we don't think about fort Worth is because it's thirty five forty minutes away. We're concerned about Dallas. Let me tell you something about Berkner High School?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Ben and skin Show, Paul var Geese, yep, Toddrick McIntosh, Walls keep to Lee, who's the guy from Supernatural?
Speaker 2: That other guy?
Speaker 1: Ed Mackie, that guy, Yeah, I mean we dominate, Yeah, and Eccles uh ants and ackles something like that. And and on top of all that, we used to have Richardson square mall bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll talk about it a lot. I still can't even pick it out. Or what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Uh, Jeremy, would it be Jeremy Coon that did Napoleon?
Speaker 2: Dynamite.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been over at Bertner High School and you walk down the Hall of Memories and you see all the Hall of famers up on the wall. I like what you called it, the Hall of Memories.
Speaker 2: That's dope, man. I want to go to a place called the Hall of Memory.
Speaker 1: Was near the summit, Yeah, where we would go and kill fifteen minutes in between first and second period.
Speaker 2: Come on, k T look, we're you know, I'm a West Sider. He is as he's so Pierce, dude, he's so good. So Pierce. Yeah, no, we don't. We don't spend a lot of time thinking about Garland.
Speaker 1: But Josie records that is the Boobs by the Way speaking of Garland. So in that article they're talking about another place called dead Way, and that is they said, in downtown, which that is over by Fortunate Son. So I've decided I want to go back to Fortunate Son. Get some of that pizza. Get some they the big german on tag USL soccer team, gonna get over there. Partner with those guys. And now that Dead Wax is on the market, are on the square there, I want to go to Dead Wax and check out. Yeah, and let's say this with fortunate Son. Look, Garland is on the come up. It is on the come up these days. And so our war with Garland, we're gonna cease fire. Truth truth like cool things like for a while when they had those yellow street signs like we're out on street lights, we're not, We're neither, neither neither.
Speaker 2: I went to fort and it Son on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a very fortunate Son dunked on Ben because fortunate Son's it's popping, so popping dog.
Speaker 2: Go in there and get your okay, I'd like to get on the waiting list. The great thing about that place is you can walk on down a little bit down and to the left guitar pay no no. And I had never been here. I've never been here. I popped into Infinity Arcade. Yes, I saw that. Let's go. It's dope, fantastic. And what they have They bought the little First of all, you can sit at the bar and play a PS five with someone. They got done at the remotes at the bar, but they've got another little sidebar. And they bought the little consoles. So there was a Nintendo, the Super Nintendo, a Sega Genesis, and a PlayStation so you could play. And it's got all the game like a bunch of games on there, those little ones that were going for like one hundred and fifty dollars plus classic games and new modern games. Yeah, dude, it's my favorite new arcade in the Metroplex.
Speaker 1: That reminds me I got to get that sit down cocktail arcade out of my stairs and over We gotta get over.
Speaker 2: There, dude. Mike p would go to your house right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, Christina, Jimmy Wallace guitars, go check it out. It's a couple of doors down from Fortunate Son. I think you would love it in there.
Speaker 9: So pizza, guitars and arcade game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty dope.
Speaker 9: Sounds like the best Friday night over.
Speaker 2: Okay, and roller Town beer Works at Fortunate Son. Yes, sixty second story is we've made some a little updates. Over at six Flags, they're painting the Titan, the big one, red, white, and blue. Why you know, I think it's America. What are you talking about?
Speaker 9: We not just leave stuff alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the Titan was just kind of orange though, so I'm actually okay with this.
Speaker 9: Orange is my favorite color.
Speaker 2: But it was just kind of there for no reason, like, what does orange have to do with anything?
Speaker 9: Fans out, it's the titan color.
Speaker 2: Of jumpsuits at loose stare it. We need to go back through it.
Speaker 1: Today's the day I learned that orange was Christina's favorite color. Yeah, sh'all have any idea love it orange, orange, orange. It's Cat's favorite.
Speaker 9: Color too, the happy color.
Speaker 2: Also, work is being done on a new coaster now. The Titan tops out at two hundred and forty five feet and once you get up there, you know you're two hun and forty five feet there because you're like, holy yes, I can see inside the old ballpark. But work has begun on a new coaster that is listed at three hundred and nine feet, dear lord, and that is happening. It's the structure. Name was listed as Project Ruby one thousand and two. They don't fully know what this is gonna be yet, but six Flags is like, hey, I know you are doing some stuff up there, Universal, but don't forget us, because we have a three hundred plus foot coaster and we're painting the type that's.
Speaker 1: Incredble, So the paint job is going to battle well there, the Universal and Frisco's for smaller kids anyways. I like to kids people, younger kids. Oh yeah, it's not for adults looking for Red, white, and Blue Titan.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna have some cool stuff though. Oh of course that's a bold prediction. You want to double down for small kids, now, yeah, double doub on it. All Right, there you have it coming up next.
Speaker 1: I know how to use the Internet better than everyone else, and I'm going to prove it by introducing six weird songs I've stumbled across in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: The Scroll Patrol is next.
Speaker 1: It's the Been in Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. We love when you hang out with us every single day, and we love it even more when you hang out with us at Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salina, Texas. And man, we've got big doings going on at Rollertown this weekend. They're the sponsor of this segment, by the way, and we're having our own Saint Patty's Day festival. As you know, the Eagle float will be in the Saint Patti's Day Parade in the morning. In the afternoon, head on out to Rollertown beer Works, live music, several food trucks, and the re release of the Irish, which is our dry stout. It is on tap nitro style.
Speaker 2: And it is bad ass.
Speaker 1: We'll have green beer, green cocktails. It's going to be a hell of a lot of fun. We hope to see out there tomorrow, not tomorrow Saturday, rather for the big Saint Patti's Day doings. Roller Town beer Works also available in cans at places like Total Wine and More and Kroger and Tom Thom and ah being on and on and on. Ask your favorite place to carry it. Distributed by Benny Keith. All right, now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, scho the yeah things on this scowling looking at Big oh Gee, the Trouble, Muck bung anding this.
Speaker 7: And snake boy.
Speaker 1: Some Yeah, it's school the true What is it?
Speaker 3: I just said, It's Scroll Patrol.
Speaker 1: Uh, thank you side boom Steve. This is the Scroll Patrol. I feel like I Ben Rogers. I'm better at using the Internet than anyone in the world. And I know that the three people that I do a show with, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Kray, Cornbread Ray, and Kevin K. T.
Speaker 2: Turner.
Speaker 1: You guys are all highly protective of your algorithms, and I appreciate that. And that's why on Instagram, when each of us hits the little magnifying glass, I see a lot of butt cheeks, and you guys, Skin sees like vintage record players and like soul R and B albums. Christina sees dogs and West Paul's, and KT sees bands that wear robes. Yeah that and clips. Yeah, I get some of those too. There's another coning, but it is, man, I it is. It is offensive what Instagram shows me. It is they're showing it to you. Someone putting raw uncooked fish meat up a butt like the most shocking stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, there's certain shows you don't want to watch when you're eating, Like, for instance, Always Sunny's a show that's not I'm not casually putting on at dinner time. You know, we will watch something else that doesn't have something that's gonna make you your gags off that David Cronenberg movie. Now, that's how I feel when Ben sends something to us on text message, Yeah, this might make me vomit. You gotta be real careful. Yeah, you do have to be careful. And I'm always like, man, I don't know that I needed to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sometimes they're pretty good cheeks and you're kind of glad you saw it. Okay, just take a look at suggested reels. Just give me a play by play, give the listener a play by play. And what Instagram is trying to show me now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Huge boobs bouncing up and down on a gown, not wearing a bra. Yeah, which I support big naturals. Don't be a bra snob.
Speaker 2: Parker Posey is talking about something.
Speaker 1: Oh, we flew over the North Pole.
Speaker 2: A lady in a bikini, but she's probably a gilf.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean really, Oh, I think this is a clip from White Lotus.
Speaker 2: Yeah show, have you seen the White Lotus Yet?
Speaker 1: Another chick, Another chick with huge boobs holding the camera out and she's wearing a bikini.
Speaker 2: Right more Parker Posey. I mean, there's a lot of Parker Posey in the world right now, and I'm okay with it. She's wonderful, Okay, and you once you watch season three of The White Lotis, we'll start talking like her in your spare time. Yeah, we be walking down the street. Oh my god, a puppy dog.
Speaker 4: I love doll.
Speaker 2: Now, I got family from North Carolina. Sounds like my aunt Connie. I love it.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, I know who you're talking about now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yes, So one of the things that's been popping up.
Speaker 1: On my timeline lately is man For some reason, there's a lot of people that are suddenly in the music industry.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's crazy. It's like there's no barrier sentry, right. I can become a huge music star if I have a viral reel that takes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't have to go sign to a record label. I don't have to go record an album. All I gotta do is come up with a TikTok or a reel and have it catch on. And so, and also with Kat's guy Jelly Roll, there's a lot of merging of the lanes.
Speaker 2: You know, it's muddying.
Speaker 1: And so you got a lot of white guys that are kind of doing country rap, you know, and they're kind of you know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So I recently am getting bombarded with these So I went and pulled because I know you guys don't want to.
Speaker 2: Tamper with your algorithm.
Speaker 1: But I went and the internet has served up six new songs to me by artists I can't even tell you what their names are, and I want you to to decide which of these six songs is the best.
Speaker 2: All right, you have to nominate one of these into the Scroll Patrol Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's just roll through some of these, and we'll start with one called where you want to go?
Speaker 7: But where you want up me?
Speaker 2: Where you want to go with me? Where you want to go?
Speaker 4: With what we're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every single time I see myself with you, what we're gonna go? Yeah, what we're gonna do?
Speaker 4: Every single time I.
Speaker 2: Find myself with you every day? Write it down that chawdry road with you.
Speaker 3: By side, all.
Speaker 2: Yep, Okay, Now, what was that guy's name? Yep, we don't know. That's the thing is a lot of these guys too, at least in the cliffs been sent me. We're not doing a good job of promoting themselves.
Speaker 1: Where you want to go, I'll drive down that road with you. He seems like he was inspired by a mixture of Little Nasax, the new Kendrick Lamar album and s Lynyrd skinnerd like he was. All three were playing at the same time, and he was standing in the middle where all three come together. And that's Gelly, that's Jellyerroal. Okay, all right, let's go to number two. This song is and keep in mind that first one is where you want to go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's rate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, keep in mind you're gonna have to pick a winner out of these six.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a winner already. Number two is called Country to the Bone China.
Speaker 4: Taking her.
Speaker 2: Off to the Greek corpus.
Speaker 4: Indeed, it's.
Speaker 9: Shoes a.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 2: Is this John? That's a good question. Did you like that, Christina?
Speaker 9: I mean he could use a little auto tune like the first guy?
Speaker 2: Did I think that one was? Two guys? I'll say, okay, back and leave John David alone. Hit it hard Man as a rock classic. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: My first thought three seconds into that song is it's a reminder to me that I don't want to spend time with most people that exist in the world, like just the vast majority.
Speaker 2: I'm not interested in spending any time. You can meet him at the parade on Saturday. Folks. All right, here's one call. This is number three. It's called rough round the edges.
Speaker 12: Got real one on the road to camp down on the thing was and toes the number of frames.
Speaker 8: I'm not a kid.
Speaker 7: Keep.
Speaker 12: Und I'll not be torn up and ragged. That's just fine with me.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about this. Here's the thing about this. Honestly and truly, I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: If that exact song was released by Jason Alden, it would be a monster trying to do like that.
Speaker 2: That guy. It's just his voice is the problem. Just any you know, big.
Speaker 1: Bro that sings that that's currently popular, would turn that into a monster.
Speaker 2: Some of these, actually, on all of these, the video matters because this is like the meekest guy.
Speaker 4: So meek.
Speaker 2: He looks like a guy from accounting.
Speaker 9: You can tell by his voice. It's like, dude, more confidence.
Speaker 2: You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It's like that Rihanna bit use your outside voice, you know in SNL Shyronni's a little rough around the edge.
Speaker 2: All right, here's number four, called love for Me for Me.
Speaker 11: We were I was goo sweet, I say you good insteak because he had to move away so we tried, longed, but one day con texted me to say that you want to break up. You said to me that you've found another guide.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 9: You texted me that we are okay.
Speaker 2: I was like meets post Malone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again, super meek guy from the IT department, just dabbling and being a rock star on the weekends.
Speaker 2: The next man, I gotta say the next one. I kind of felt bad watching Really what I'll tell you after? Okay, this one on the number five. It's called brick by brick bat.
Speaker 8: Till when we first met. Looking back at the memories we had when we were kids, reminiscent of fouct things I can't forget. But the way you looked at my eyes when we both connect, you understand me like nobody else did. You were there for me when everybody else left. I didn't want to felt the prop and I was there for you.
Speaker 5: Wants to.
Speaker 2: That one was on I struggled. I was sitting there going can a little off. Okay, all right, you fell off a skateboard. That's five. Here, here's number six, now number six. It's called going up, So damn money. You make the world laugh.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm around with all this cash draft sound like I'm a king of rat blessed hog with all these sharp plans.
Speaker 2: Me me is criticized for the world to see. Gotta hold it down for an easy legacy.
Speaker 5: Glee Police, Ready, my love, showing my therapy, everything comes with the feboat with me.
Speaker 1: You're lucking that that guy's joking, right, I think he was. I think that guy's he was funny.
Speaker 2: He was not joking. Yeah, you're right, he wasn't.
Speaker 9: He sounds like someone who is he trying to sound like? Because he sounds almost exactly like the artists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's trying to sound like somebody who's off beat.
Speaker 5: So when you make the world laugh, Yes, I'm around with all this cash draft, sounds like I'm a king of rats. Less talk with all these sharp plans.
Speaker 9: Seriously, he sounds like someone that I've heard before, and he's got that same rhythm that it's offbeat, like.
Speaker 2: That is it that guy Troy that hangs out with the Troy Brothers. No, okay, how do you say? Yesterday?
Speaker 1: All right, they're six. I want to fly back through. I'm a little sample of each one for you. Okay, Yeah, let's go back to number.
Speaker 2: One, where you want up where you want to go?
Speaker 4: Okay? Right?
Speaker 1: Number two? All right, Country to the Bone. Number three, Rough around the Edges sounds like it's straight out of a roadhouse soundtrack. Give that to Rob Zombie and see what he can do with it.
Speaker 2: Number four, Love Me for Me good Sextan Meana save one. Number five is brick by brick, hold in.
Speaker 8: My hand when I felt depressed, and I.
Speaker 2: Was there for you when you.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: And number six is going up.
Speaker 5: So damn funny, make the world laugh, summer.
Speaker 1: Around with all Right, there it is, You've got where you want to go, Country to the Bone, Rough around the edges, Love Me for Me, Brick by Brick and going up?
Speaker 2: Christina, do you have a favorite.
Speaker 9: I'm actually stuck between the last one and rough around the Edges because I agree with skin rough around the edges. If someone else got it, they begin to go. So I just want to give him a shot it with kat.
Speaker 2: Give me the guy who's a little autistic, break by brick, break by brick, break by brick.
Speaker 1: All Right, we gotta win a.
Speaker 2: But that's gonna do it for today. He's been in skin Show.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time that KT met the guy from Brick by Brick, and he said, you know, Pelicans have a throat pouch. Christina's gonna stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Here you going, well, I want to get my sack backed, dude, all right,