Speaker 1: Mac. I often think about how from maybe sixth grade through senior year and even beyond that, like five or six years past, that I was a real piece of shit. I never really I would not like myself if I like went back and met myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were, but you weren't like a bully. You were just like a class clown type, but like with an asshole edge, like an asshole to everyone.
Speaker 1: Like I would. Really I think back to this too, and this really doesn't have much to do with that. But in sixth grade, I had a teacher let's call a mister Eka. Like you know, it's a it's a mystery, it's an enigma. Who let's fucking end the podcast right there. No, but uh, he was our history teacher. Hunt or socials don't know. We can't force that joke, Mac. But one of our friends walked into the class. His name was Dylan Yeah, and I yelled, what up? In sixth grade, I didn't even know what that meant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just really figuring out the world of dildo'z.
Speaker 1: Right, And I remember my teacher, mister e looking at me and he was about to say something, and then he just didn't. Because you could tell that his head was spinning. Yeah, and he said, you know what, I don't want to have this conversation.
Speaker 2: We Also, I think our age group was like the last age group to grow up with a bunch of older teachers. Like we didn't have young teachers.
Speaker 1: He was a super old teacher, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now feels like all of the teachers are, you know, twenties, thirties, early forties. We had fucking we had fucking they had just dug them up out of the fucking out of their graves to teach us. And and so there was a really, really big disconnect between teacher and student that I don't think exists today. I think I think teachers are more hit today and they're more in touch with their kids.
Speaker 1: I torked with my teachers, and I feel terrible for all of them.
Speaker 2: I was a pain in the butt, But I never crossed the line. I knew when it was reaching a point where like I would get in trouble, and I would stop before that.
Speaker 1: It depended on like at what point in the class it was, like, if there was still forty five minutes left in the class and I had already stepped on the line. Within the next five minutes. I'm like, I'm just gonna step over it. I'm just gonna get tossed out.
Speaker 2: To be fair as well, I was a much better student than you.
Speaker 1: I was a horrible student, and so I think.
Speaker 2: They would tolerate my type more than your type, who was not only ruining the class. But you're learning anything either.
Speaker 1: Let's not say ruining. I wasn't adding to the class. Let's say it like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can pray it that way. One good? Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just three, King of Queen Mill Street, entertain Goo and I'm Man and we are the Mac and Goo Program. We bring you friendship and more friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Today is another dive into the biggest movie on the planet, the biggest movie on the planet in a while. Truth be told, Goo is more excited about this than I. Yes, but it's worth doing because the episode is I don't know that. The movie is just so big it's about to become, quite literally, on the books, the greatest rrated movie of all time.
Speaker 1: When I said to Mac, I have an episode idea and this is it, he said, I'm not really into it. And then I said, you don't have to do anything for the episode, and he said I'm in immediately count me oh up. And this episode is it's pretty much a bunch of Mount rushmoores. What's that the best four things? I'll give you a category and then we just spout off the four for dead Pool and Wolverine. And I thought this was it would either be right now or in a couple months when it hits vod of like the best time to dive into it, because there's a good chance that on Monday, this is no longer the number one movie in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Alien Romulus hits theaters this week and it's getting It was inflated at first. It debuted with a ninety seven percent on Rotten Tomatoes and now it's down to.
Speaker 1: Like eighty, but that's still pretty good, pretty good, yeah.
Speaker 2: For the genre, for the franchise, who has had some missteps over the years, truth be told, I thought both movies that came out last decade were pretty solid, like solid entries into the franchise. This one, I think is getting back into the more horror type thing that you saw in the original movie. And it is set in between alien and aliens, so that leads you to believe it's gonna be a better quality film. Than a prequel or a sequel.
Speaker 1: So, as of right now, Deadpool and Wolverine has already made one point zero four eight billion, and after this weekend, where it is projected to make another thirty to thirty five and its fourth week, it is possible that it could pass Joker as the highest grossing R rated movie of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it needs almost exactly thirty one million more to get there, and even if it doesn't do it this week, it'll do it by midweek next week.
Speaker 1: I also looked it up yesterday that it looks like Deadpool and Wolverine is gonna hit VOD for the first time on September ninth, So that's still quite a bit away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's still three weeks away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that also that makes sense to me because the next big tent pole movie comes out on September eighth.
Speaker 2: It's also one of those movies that isn't as big an epic as say like Endgame or Infinity War. Yeah, so you're not gonna have people going to the theater for months for it gets a couple months, it gets in, it makes us money, and it's gone, and you you are gonna get a flush fresh amount of people to watch it at a home in September, whereas like you could leave it in theaters for all of September, it would make a few million dollars. But I think you're gonna make more on video on demand.
Speaker 1: And then not. Like we said, it is projected to lose to Alien Romulus this weekend, which is projected at forty five to fifty million in its opening weekend. But keep this in mind, Covenant in twenty seventeen only be thirty six point one in its opening weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that didn't have the media teasers. This one's been getting the last couple of days. Everyone's talking about how good of a movie this is and how fitting of an entry it is in the Alien franchise, So this has more hype. And Fetti Alvarez has also done a couple of great things so far, so I think that helps it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Covenant had Danny McBride.
Speaker 2: Sure did.
Speaker 1: Why are you laughing at me? That's a good point by me. He was. He's a part of the cast.
Speaker 2: He doesn't sell movie tickets, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: He just makes great television shows.
Speaker 2: He makes good television.
Speaker 1: He makes HBO said, we're attaching us to you, and if you're HBO, doing that means that you make great television.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you I really fell off of vice principles. It was fine.
Speaker 1: I also, and I haven't seen the last two seasons. I really liked the first season of Righteous Gemstones. I just never picked it back up.
Speaker 2: I watched one episode and I said, think them out.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like Adam Devine too.
Speaker 1: Let's get into Deadpool and Wolverine, and I just did my rewatch of the movie. Couple quick notes here. I appreciate the fact that Deadpool is already with the TVA twenty minutes in, and then roughly around the twenty eight minute mark, that's when you start to see Wolverines, so they don't waste a ton of time there. Also, I'm not convinced that that is Chris Hemsworth as Thor on the TVA screen.
Speaker 2: Still, it definitely is, And I'm pretty sure they just superimposed Deadpool's face over Loki's face.
Speaker 1: And I'm the only one saying this. This is pretty much my new Socovia accords that that is not Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 2: I mean it has to be.
Speaker 1: His face is too round. His face is too round.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a bigger guy. Sometimes he can stand to put on a few pounds.
Speaker 1: The movie is still funny, still has some great uh just great fun. But the one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb, especially knowing what's gonna happen at the end of the movie the last half an hour or so, it just it isn't great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be interested to see how I feel about that upon a rewatch. I do remember thinking the the when Nova comes in, so spoiler spoiler, spoiler.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is all spoilers for this entire Mount Rushmore. This might be a six pack of Mount Rushmore. Yeah, we're getting meta on the people here.
Speaker 2: When Nova leaves the void and comes to whatever Earth ten zero zero zero six, Yeah, everything she does after that is not particularly great. You do get some great movements in the Wolverine and Deadpool verse one hundred Deadpool fight, but it's not a shark jumping thing.
Speaker 1: But you're like, all right, I know, it's pretty much after they jump out of the back of the bus. That's when it just kind of that's kind.
Speaker 2: Of it for gets. It gets pretty cheesy, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the thing that I think has gotten the most discussion online, and that is the cameos in this movie, Mac I have. I think I have a good Mount Rushmore of Deadpool cameos, and that is Channing Tatum, which I still think is the highlight of the funniest part, consistently funniest part of the movie when he's on screen. Chris Evans, who of course gave us the okie doke of like, okay, who's this guy with the cloak on? And then it's Chris Evans and then oh, which character? You pretty much knew that it was Johnny Storm, But Chris Evans back is Johnny Storm. I would put him on the Mount Rushmore. I do wish that we saw this movie with other people, like other comic book movie fans, for their reaction of Wesley Snipes, because I think that that would have been a real pop moment.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you though, it worked for Endgame, because that was a time and place I get annoyed by these theater reaction video Shut the fuck up, you know, enjoy it. You don't need to stand and clap. Get in your fucking seat. There's more things going on. I'm gonna miss the first two lines of dialogue because you guys are hooting and hollering like it's fucking Arsenio Hall show here. Just sit down and let me pay attention to the fucking movie.
Speaker 1: Do you agree on Wesley Snipes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree on it. I think you have the fourth.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then the fourth I think might have gotten the biggest social media pop out of any of the cameos, and that is Henry Cavell.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a real tongue in cheek thing with Cavill taking shots at DC, but it's also one of those things that you're like, you know what, maybe Henry Cavill could play Wolverine going forward.
Speaker 1: And then just some other ones here. First off, I think that Laura is just in the cast, simple enough, excit.
Speaker 2: She's not in it any more really than Tatum Snipes and Jennifer Garner. However, she is much more central to the motivations of Wolverine's the trailer and then therefore the plot. So yeah, I guess you could call her a cameo, but she's more of a supporting cast.
Speaker 1: Elektra is definitely one that you could have possibly had in the Mount Rushmore. I just think the other four were a little.
Speaker 2: Bit better I agree. I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Sabertooth Pyro both you know, had a little bit there. Pyro actually might be more in line with what Laura is where he's more of just a cast member. Sabertooth gets killed immediately, which I do appreciate. Didn't need a long fight there. We do see the Hulk. That's a pretty good cameo two just in the clause.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back to Electra. I think part of it too is Connord does a great job. We just like the other characters move, so that's why she gets bumped down.
Speaker 1: And then two other ones that could have possibly been in there, and that is so Halle Barry mentioned that Blake Lively said to her, Hey, would you want to be in my husband's movie? And then I guess Reynolds never got to her or something like that. Storm would have been a cool one. But the more you think about Storm in this movie, of like, is she too strong of a character? She's an Omega level mutant. How would she have gotten to the void. Also, wouldn't she maybe be an anchor being.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Jackman's the anchor being in her universe.
Speaker 1: No, but that might be a different universe because Jackman is the anchor being in the Logan universe, the X Men universe is something else.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true. You're one hundred percent right about how powerful she is. However, the cinematic versions have never made her super powerful, which is bizarre.
Speaker 1: So do you think that she should have popped in there and killed Cassandra Nova?
Speaker 2: Well, you remember early on last year she tweeted out a really bizarre photo of her, like petting a cat.
Speaker 1: And we were like, oh, we weren't sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is she gonna pop up in the Flash? Is she gonna be in Deadpoo and Wolverine. Turns out the answer was neither. So I don't know if she's just fucking with us.
Speaker 1: And I do appreciate you bringing up the Flash because I think that movie played a hand in this next guy not being in the movie because he was asked, and that is Nicholas Cage, who Reynolds did ask. But he's like, yeah, no thanks, and of course he would have been in there as the Go ghost Rider. But I think because Cage played Superman in the Flash and he didn't really like how it came out, he just said no to this.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that information is correct from my understanding, and this I have a point towards the end, the earliest version, or not the earliest, what this movie was gonna be before they changed directions in the MCU, and this is tied a little bit to the Jonathan major stuff is it was going to be Deadpool rounding up a cast of anchor beings, which included Nicholas Cage's ghost Rider. And when they went away from that that there went Cage's ghost Rider. That would have been sick to see him. But I also think it changed predominantly because he was no longer. It wouldn't have made as much sense. But you know, I guess you could argue the same thing about Garner and Snipes. But from my understanding he didn't show up is because they went away from that plot for the movie.
Speaker 1: No, because Cage said no. Ryan Reynolds asked him and Cage said, no.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that's true.
Speaker 1: Why would Ryan Reynolds tell that story?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: I don't know, why would you? Oh? I asked this girl out and she's like, you're gross. Although we do tell stories like that. I guess that we'll say, all right, let's move on to the fight scenes. There's a lot of fight scenes in here. Some of them do feel a little samesy because I guess on the rewatch and you don't really pick this up maybe the first time. Is that all of the characters that he teams up with in the Void, they're all pretty much hand to hand fighters. There's no like crazy mutations or like or different power sets. It's all of them using swords, daggers, claws and things like that. Outside of Gambit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if that was in part so they could focus and concentrate on doing the after effects on Gambit shit and letting the other two just do hand to hand combat. So there was a silock variant in Novah's thing there. You saw a couple powers from the villains, but yeah, you're right, it was heavy on the hand to hand stuff and that big.
Speaker 1: F I think the best fight scene in the movie, or the standout would be the Honda fight, right.
Speaker 2: I think so. And I also think, and we've talked about this when we review the movie, the minute and a half two minute monologue that Hugh Jackman gives that leads into that fight is fucking epic. It's great. I think it's the best piece of acting in the movie, and then the back and forth, the pause and then the final still of Deadpool being wrapped up in the seatbelts is perfect.
Speaker 1: Then I would say that the both of them verse the Deadpool variants would be the second best, or at least like the standout, because that really is fun. And it does end with that weird CGI Wolverine popping out of the bus that doesn't look great. But this also starts with him putting on the mask, which might be the best part of the movie. It was a great moment, those two fighting against each other in the void. That was pretty good. I think I would have that on here and then And would you go with the compound fight with their team or would you go with Deadpool versus the TVA.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one. I almost think I would almost bump so hm, you have to use the compound fight in there because you see all of Gambit shit.
Speaker 1: Right, But I also think that one looks clunkier, like I think that one has more issues with like the CGI.
Speaker 2: Howdah you see the Gambit shit and you see Juggernaut get cut off at the ankles.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Does that's a good point? Okay?
Speaker 2: I do like too that both fights. After both times Deadpool and Wolverine fight each other, you see the lasting effects, like the first time he still get knives sticking out of him. Second time the sleeves are off, like. I like how it like slowly evolved and let into the next thing.
Speaker 1: And also even with that first fight with the TVA, I don't even I'm not in love with the bye bye bye with him fighting the TVA. I actually prefer when it bounces back to it, like twenty eight minutes in and he has the Wolverine clause and then he does like the Eiffel Tower thing with the two guys.
Speaker 2: That was a great opening scene, but it's also you know, it was. It was fun to see some of the kills, but fight scenes are better when it's a somewhat even fight, you know what I mean, like blow for blow instead of just someone decimating everyone else.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you want to put the Deadpool versus Wolverine in the void the first time we see them fight, well, I.
Speaker 2: Would say the second one for sure, the Compound fight, the variant you gotta put the variants, and then.
Speaker 1: The Honda fight. So you're deciding right now.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, I'm saying the Honda fight Compound Fight the Verse one hundred Deadpool, and then you could you could do the first. You could do the TVA Deadpool versus TVA over the first Deadpool Wolverine. I might I might be in on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that is our mount Rushmore. Deal with it, folks. Now here we go, what is the best joke from the movie, And I already know what your favorite joke is. So this is gonna go on the Mountain Rushmore, no matter what. What is it?
Speaker 2: So, of course, at the conclusion or during their time in the uh, I guess it was right at the end of the Wolverine monologue in the Honda he says, say one more word, and he's again gubernatorio. It's a funny word to say anyways, and then with the context it was even funnier. I literally I was trying to hold in my laughter. I laughed for ninety seconds straight.
Speaker 1: All right. So I have a list of jokes here, or at least like scenarios that were turned into jokes. As I go through there, either say yes or no, and we'll kind of like weed them out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can tell you for sure, The second one that I would want on there is when nice Pool breaks the fourth wall.
Speaker 1: At the beginning when he's at his birthday party. There is a bearded character there and he tries to say something and Deadpool cuts him off because he doesn't want to pay the extra. He also starts the conversation with him by just saying hot button issues, which is pretty funny. When he is asked by the TVA to join the MCU and Deadpool yells into the camera for Fox to get fucked. The way that he says is hilarious might have been the best swear in the movie.
Speaker 2: He hits the f real hard on that one.
Speaker 1: When he's harassing the TVA worker and then when the TVA worker said that he's calling HR, and then Deadpool said, does your wife work in HR? I don't know why. That's a really funny line to me, like, you know, are you calling your wife everything? When he's talking to his little gang and the Void there about let's get magneto. Oh he's dead, well, let's get his helmet.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: That's another really good one too, that is swear yeah Deadpool to Cavil when he says, uh, we'll treat you better than those shit fucks down the street.
Speaker 2: That one is more Nietzsche, I guess. But if you if you're watching this movie, you're in on that, I guess, So that that works as well.
Speaker 1: This one might not be the best joke, but this might have made me laugh the like the hardest the first time I heard it is that.
Speaker 2: I think this is the hardest you laughed in the theater.
Speaker 1: Yes, is when Deadpool sees Eliath and he says a lie from Loki season one, episode five, the whole post credit thing with Chris Evans, when he points out that Chris Evans actually did say this and maybe that shit. Those are two separate jokes, but we'll add that into one. Yeah, telling to Sandranova.
Speaker 2: It was funny in the moment, and like watching him get his skin ripped off was funny. But then when they come back to it and you find out he did actually say it, it was like, ah, that was worth it.
Speaker 1: And also him saying bald hell like really made me laugh too. I think that one might be on there, so that'll add Okay, So Wolverine and Deadpool are having a conversation and Deadpool finishes what he's saying and it's a full paragraph after he said that his roommate's name is blind Al, and Wolverine looks at him says, you call your roommate blind Al. Really funny to me. That might not make it, but still, uh, Deadpool. This is this is logan. He's usually shirtless, but he's let himself go after the divorce.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize that he got divorced from that old lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a little older lady. He's pretty old himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they I think there was a fifteen year age gap. He married this woman who I believe was also an actress. Yeah, before he was ever famous. They got married like in the mid nineties, and I think he was like twenty five or thirty when they got married, and she was like forty five or something like that. And so now that he's in his fifties, she's like seventy and they just got recently divorced.
Speaker 1: So that's a really good joke that one might be on there too. This next one, I can only say half of the joke, and I'm not We're not going to put it on the Mount rushmore. Even though it might have been the funniest line in the movie of when Deadpool says to Blade, I thought you were retired, and then Blade responds back something that he might have been the funniest line of the movie, but we're not going to put it on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that probably does desert.
Speaker 1: Anything that Gambit says to Deadpool, and Deadpool responds back with the entire thing is so funny. And he also asked if his dialect coach is a minion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he made the what the sling blade joke too? Yeah, wame of the movie. That was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Campbit said, I ain't no my daddy, but I shot out of his dick ready.
Speaker 2: I get like, I know people have loved this character. Now people are clamoring for a solo gam movie. I don't want it now. I love the fifteen to twenty minutes that we got. It was so perfect.
Speaker 1: Not everyone gets a speech that's really good. Uh, they're gonna keep him till he's ninety. That's a really funny joke and a callback throughout the movie. I can gently tap the fourth wall too, the proposal and that's not what I do?
Speaker 2: Is that what you think I do?
Speaker 1: And then after Wolverine puts the mask and he asks if the wings are aerodynamic. He says, I'm sorry, I'm a caddie bitch when I'm jealous.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna add the proposals my second one. Okay, so the proposal gubernatorial and then you add too.
Speaker 1: I guess the Gambit stuff.
Speaker 2: The Gambit stuff, I think, so back and forth.
Speaker 1: With Gambit and then the Chris Evans maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that because like it was funny anyways. And then when it's confirmed that he said it and watching him say it like Johnny Storm would was fucking great. It was so good.
Speaker 1: I really love all of the Magneto lines because Deadpool is so confident and like excited to like tell the gang his plan and they're like, no, we already did that. He's fucking dead.
Speaker 2: She melted his sellad.
Speaker 1: Fuck so good. Okay, that's our Mount Rushmore. Then let's go onto the Mount Rushmore. And this was a big thing heading into the movie too, is that we finally got Wolverine in his costume. So give me the four best the Mount rush More of costumes in dead Pool and Wolverine. And I have two Wolverines on there. I have yellow and blue and I have yellow and brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but specifically the yellow and blue with the mask minus the sleeves. That's when it's when it's at its best. So it's just the gauntlets and the mask is fucking mint. The brown and yellow is the classic. I got the toy right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish he was wearing a mask in that though, but it would have taken away from the mask mask moment in the end, so I get why they didn't, the Gambit being.
Speaker 1: I don't really have any other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Gambit being so accurate.
Speaker 1: To funny though, because yeah, because also in the comics and in like the animated show, he has this like really thin face. And I'm not saying that Channing Tatum doesn't have a really thin face, but he's a little bit fuller of a guy, so I think it looks funny with his form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, he is not as like wiry as Gambit usually is. He's he's a little more or thick. But it was still it was cool to see him have the jacket, the whole ahead piece with the hair and everything.
Speaker 1: That piece is so funny.
Speaker 2: I almost wish there was like more going on with blades because like in the Bible is yeah shit everywhere.
Speaker 1: I also wish that Elektra had the red and she had the bandana, and she really looked like the comic Like, she looks good and it it looks more like what she had in her movie. But I think they could have played with that costume more. I also loved the callbacks for X twenty three to put the glasses on and have the backpack, Like that's cool. But if they gave her the comic accurate costume, that would have looked awesome too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could even argue here for the fourth spot behind the two Wolverines and Gamut is Chris Evans wearing the blue Fantastic four uniform. That might be was pretty good and like I know, you were less surprised by that, and even though I had been reading about shit like that, it was it was cool to see the swerve from Captain America to Johnny.
Speaker 1: Storm and then Lady Deadpool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looked pretty good. You could probably pick a couple of those dead Pools from that final moment. I just don't know enough about those vary Instant eighty Pool, kid Pool, cowboy Pool, a Floating head the Floating head Pool.
Speaker 1: All Right, that was a pretty easy one, though it's pretty much all Wolverines. I want the crucified Wolverine. I want the back alley Wolverine. I want I want the comic accurate Wolverine.
Speaker 2: You could just do the five five or the four best Wolverine cameos you liked. Actually, even Cavill looked great in the fucking in the tank and the jeans. That was fucking perfect.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to the best music. Use the music drop in the movie if you will, of like, and when they're about to go and do something, some music hits on and you're like, I'm on for this. The one that is getting the most pub from this movie on social media on TikTok because of the dance would be bye bye bye the movie or the song actually made it back into the top twenty on Spotify after the movie came out. The song is twenty five years old. That scene, that music, Although I do think it's funny that it went on for so long and they went to the dance three or four times the rule of comedy three times. But I wouldn't. I don't think I would have that on my Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: It's close. I am a sucker for InSync in that song specifically, like to me. Obviously, you have to have like a prayer Madonna. It pops up at two of the best moments in the movie, and it's just such a it's such an earworm. I'm a sucker for Avril Levine as well. So when they first pull away in the Hant Odyssey, I might I might put that in there. From there, though, it's tough because there was so many uses of songs in the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I think take Me There is the easiest one, and I on the rewatch that was still my favorite part of him putting the hood on and then them walking out to that song. Awesome.
Speaker 2: The song is called like a prayer, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You're right? It is like a prayer. What did I say?
Speaker 2: Take me there?
Speaker 1: Take Me There? The song is still stuck out my friends Ferdinand. They take me Out by Franz Ferdinand. They used the song by the Goo Goo Dolls twice, which is a good callback at the end. You might want to put that in there.
Speaker 2: Do what the world to see me?
Speaker 1: Hell's Bells was used for a very short amount of time, and it makes me think of Trevor Hoffman, So I don't want that.
Speaker 2: We also use it as one of our warm up songs in hockey.
Speaker 1: Lady in Red for Mary Poppins. That was okay, that was solid. Oh, I've got chees multiply okay. So right now we have Avril Levine, we have I've Got Chills, and we've got take me There, which is also called like a prayer. What do you want to put as the fourth one? Is it bye bye bye? I don't really want to use bye bye bye, though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll put bye bye bye up there because I don't know. He does the dance and everything too.
Speaker 1: But the first use of the goo goo dolls was really funny of him was when he was first taking the device to look for the wolverines. Do you go with Iris or bye bye bye?
Speaker 2: I would go bye bye bye, but I'll leave this one up to you.
Speaker 1: Well, go bye bye bye, all right, because just that's what everyone wants, and we're here for everyone. We're like the movie, We're here to please people. We're not here to reinvent the wheel. And it also wheel is already perfect. It rolls.
Speaker 2: You got to give it credit for immediately addressing that logan stuff and actually doing it in a way that was palatable, which I don't think was on any of our bingo cards for the movie.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a good mountain rushmore right there, let's get to Pants Tent City Excite Bike Mania. This is we've already kind of discussed a lot of what the pants tents were, and a lot of them kind of were cameos. So like seeing Gambit and Blade that was really cool. The Chris Evans swerve, that was pretty cool. Yeah, you have here the fight scene at Nova's Giant Man HQ, which I think could have been a lot little bit better.
Speaker 2: It possibly could have been better, but.
Speaker 1: When you first see it, yeah, when they answer it, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: It's like eighty percent of it is seeing Gambit's powers in use, and specifically I liked when he tagged everyone with the car and hit the thing and they all exploded. You get a little bit of a very silocked there. You get Juggernaut Verse x twenty three and all of that stuff too, Like you still get the sand and over doing the fingers and the face stuff, which looks really cool so and.
Speaker 1: I know really turns you on too.
Speaker 2: That's all kind of all encompassing. There is that that.
Speaker 1: Final fight and really the biggest pants done of the movie is just when they're about to go and fight all the Deadpools, and Logan says, hey, one second, and he puts the mask slash helmet on. Oh my god, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And I think we both had forgotten about it.
Speaker 1: So I had completely forgotten about them having the mask, and then they did it. And what's great too is Deadpool's reaction, And just like that is awesome, We have nothing else. Guys, tell us your pants ten moments on social medi Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is. I mean, you could name a few others. But I think the biggest criticism of this movie, and I think it's fair, is it's essentially a movie built around like five or six pants tents. Yeah, and they just connect all the pants tents. However, the pants tents were so great that it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, let's move on to things that the MCU could carry over from this movie to their other movies and television shows. So the mount rushmore of good carryovers from this movie X twenty three. I think that's a good jumping off point. And with X twenty three, Adamantium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally agrees. So those two things, I mean, the automantum we know we're getting in the next movie. It would be nice to see X twenty three or a variant of X twenty three continue on in the MCU. I mean, we know we're getting the X Men at some point. Yeah, I wonder if she's involved with that, gul. You also have here anchor Beings, which obviously will be a theme or something going forward. I think that'll play a lot with the Doom stuff and how they figure out battle World. If you believe Reddit and.
Speaker 1: I always is always right, sometimes.
Speaker 2: They're wrong about stuff. And this cut ties back into the early version of the script and ghostwriter. That version of this movie was Deadpool, Deadpool essentially recruiting a bunch of anchor beings and getting them together to fight, I think possibly against King or something like that, and the anchor being reportedly of six one six. Our MCU is Tom Holland. So that's really interesting to think about because Sony is tied into that. And that version of the movie was also going to include Garfield, who is the anchor Barrier came from his universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they couldn't record on Mondays. I'm guessing. Let me ask you this because I know that on like social media now on x the people that like report these scoops, they have like the percentage now of like when they hit does does Reddit? Did they have the percentage of the person that had this scoop?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, it doesn't really do that. And you know who knows. I'm sure there's like the same two or three sources that are telling all of these like yeah, sourcy people. It's interesting to think, but it is believable with Tom Holland because number one, he's young, so you know you can coax him back to doing more of these movies than most.
Speaker 1: He's not dead stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And number two, they almost have like a reboot on their hands with Tom Holland. So, uh, you had made the point. Maybe it strains for six one six, which makes sense, and Comberback does like doing these movies, So I think it would be one of those two. But I think Holland makes the most sense considering his age and considering where his character is at.
Speaker 1: I don't want to inflate your ego too much, but I consider you to be the anchor being of six one seven. Oh that's our area code.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 1: The area code. Yeah, it's area code.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the zips, the five, the five number one.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about going down for the rest of this podcast now with my mom.
Speaker 2: I remember like four cell phone numbers from when those first became of things. But I also remember my childhood landline number and before we went to the area codes, just the one you would dial without the area code. And I don't know why I remember that, it's so ingrained in my brain.
Speaker 1: Well, in the age of cell phones, how many phone numbers do you know?
Speaker 2: I know my dad's cell phone number, and two of my friend's cell phone numbers from when we were friends when we're like thirteen. Any other numbers I do not know.
Speaker 1: Say, I know my entire family because we all pretty much have the same number, my brothers because he had a cell phone first. I know three of my friend's phone numbers. I know my ex girlfriends from when I was fourteen, and I don't know my wife's.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know. I also my cell phone number changed in like two thousand and eleven, ten or eleven, and that's the number I've had now for fifteen years. I don't even remember what it was before, but I remember, Yeah. I have two high school friends and I remember my dad's and then my childhood landline number was the Oh and my grandparents numbers I know, yeah, oh, I actually know my grandmother's number as well. I know her landline.
Speaker 1: I know two of my uncle's phone numbers their house.
Speaker 2: Though it's funny to think that maybe this is why we're smarter human beings, or I guess you could argue dumber for a long time. For the last sixty years, before cell phones, people had to either write down or remember phone numbers. And now that brain power can be dedicated to.
Speaker 1: TikTok oh the last thing to put on the mount and rush more of things to carry over in the MCU from this movie. Look at how good this movie is and take something from it.
Speaker 2: Rated R movies, yeah, yeah, it's encouraging. Now we have two highly successful Marvel studios are rated movies that they can I mean, they both included Wolverine. But it is encouraging to think like a Blade movie, for example, might end up being rated R and that would be fucking sweet.
Speaker 1: May I kickflip off of this? May I do a christ Are if you will, yes please? What they should not do, though, is look at the humor of this movie, the type of meta humor that you have in Deadpool and Wolverine or any Deadpool movie. They should not carry that over to their other movies.
Speaker 2: No, and I don't. I don't think they're planning on it.
Speaker 1: It's so you say that to one. You say that, but after Guardians of the Galaxy was such a success, the other movies all kind of not replicated it, but they kind of copied the tone.
Speaker 2: But that's different. That's entirely different.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a great example. Just tip your hat. It's an entirely different and shut up.
Speaker 2: I mean, they tried a little bit with The Avengers, but it was so based on Tony Stark that there wasn't a ton of other people to bounce it off of.
Speaker 1: So I think we just nailed those Mountain Rushmores. That's a six pack of Mount Rushmore is Deadpool and Wolverine. Mount rushmorees. Credit to you, credit to me, Max and maxac could be anything. It could be about in this week couple announcements here, Thank you to everyone who participated in our giveaway on social media. We cannot do it on the show because FCC, but we can do it on the social media. So what you want to do is for our mid month, midweek mid day giveaways. You want to follow us on x and Instagram.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny when I said to myself earlier, I went the other way. I said, midday, midweek, mid month giveaway.
Speaker 1: Now you start with the big one the way down.
Speaker 2: You said, it sounds better, it rolls off the tongue better.
Speaker 1: You start with the big one, you go down a little.
Speaker 2: Bit smaller midweek mid day.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping to have more of those. That'd be great. Nice yes, and then also the announcements for the show. We just had our Seinfeld Trivia part due at Idle Handscraft Dales eight and nine Commercial Street, Maulta, Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Yes, Mac, we almost had a perfect game. Oh we did, didn't win. We've yet to have a perfect game at trivia. It's been real close a couple times. Or maybe we did. I feel like I would have took taken note if there was a perfect game. We usually get one or two to trip people up. But another competitive outing at mcagoo Trivia.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you this is that we'll be back at Idle Handscraft Eale's eight and nine Commercial Street in Mall the Massachusetts on September eighteenth with Saturday Night Live Trivia.
Speaker 2: And that could mean literally anything.
Speaker 1: Or it could mean that every answer is Chris Catan.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you knowing that Gou is creating a Saturday Night Live Trivia you as a listener out there, if you plan on coming COPAC and watch every Chris Katan skid.
Speaker 1: Well, it's celebrating it's fiftieth year on the air, So why does Well do that one? Here?
Speaker 2: It came out in seventy four, seventy seven.
Speaker 1: It's seventy five.
Speaker 2: Okay, seventy five. Wow, For some reason, I thought it was seventy seven. Is Halloween seventy seven?
Speaker 1: Halloween is seventy seven?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: That was the first year that we celebrated the holiday of Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah news, Yes, I think we can announce this because we talked about it enough. I think we're gonna restart the Goofy vault for some older years. Yes, we went back to nineteen eighty five, and all those available are on the channel nineteen eighty five all the way up and through current times. I think we've talked ourselves into going back before eighty five and doing some of those.
Speaker 1: Years yes, maybe go back to nineteen eighty I think that might be what we do. Also, speaking of the Goofy Vault, maybe we'll start watching some more of those movies that won and we can do some more individual episodes and jumping off of that, let me do a little Alie next week. So we're gonna start with the news dump at the top of the week. At the end of the week, we're doing water.
Speaker 2: World, which of course won the Goody Vault for nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: It did not and it was nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Damn it. I've been off at my years lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not. You're not very good at this.
Speaker 2: I used to be.
Speaker 1: And after the week after that, we'll start with the dump at the beginning of the week, and then we'll go to the movie that did not win for nineteen eighty eight, and that is Beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: I would have said eighty nine for Beetlejuice, So I'm over two today.
Speaker 1: I should have let you fill in the year first, Well.
Speaker 2: What one for eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Eighty eight? What did win for eighty eight? Die Hard? Oh, that makes it and we've already spoken about die Hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and eighty nine was Batman I'm assuming yes.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven was The Princess Bride? Eighty six was Aliens? Eighty five? Back to the Future nineteen ninety was I know? The final four was Home Alone? Turtles? What one for? Oh, Goodfellas? We already talked about Goodfellas was Silence of the Lambs ninety two is my cousin Vinnie. We have not gotten to that one yet. The Jurassic Park in ninety three ninety four? Was that pulp fiction? Or was it shows Shawshank?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming one.
Speaker 1: We'll have to go back and look that.
Speaker 2: I still think is probably the greatest year in cinema.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We were talking the other day because we had to submit our top fifty movies of all time to Richard milhouse Key for the hashtag dork podcast and going nineteen eighty two real fucking strong.
Speaker 2: Eight is good year. Yeah, it is a very strong year.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, So tell the people where you can find us.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter and on Instagram, at Mac and Goo podcast every other platform. We are mac ampersam good, that's mac ship seven good. That includes Facebook sit tuning casts. We can Google play, I Heart.
Speaker 1: Radio, Hey go tell Alexa to play Mac and Goo on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We are on Spotify, but more importantly we are on Apple podcasts. Get on their rate reviews, subscribe five stars, and if you turn into our social media and include a certain certain type of thing in the review, you can win. I guess I can't.
Speaker 1: We can't, we can't talk on it.
Speaker 2: You can win, though, you can win subscribe five stars. If you do that, you get a free Mac and Go T shirt from the folks over at Watertown sports Where Watertown Sports. We're on thirty four on Mot Auburn Street in Watertown. Watertown sports Where Watertown Sports where expert screen printing and.
Speaker 1: Embroidered put com Oh. I was also told by our WBZ producer Noah. He's like, why don't I just realize that you guys are on YouTube? Why don't you ever mention on the show that you're on YouTube? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the people that want to find us on YouTube have already found us. I go back and forth, so personally more of a visual learner and more I like to see people talking, So usually the podcast I enjoy I will seek the video portion of but a lot of people don't do that. A lot of people listening when they're commuting, when they're at work. But I get it. Some people are like the visuals more than just flat audio.
Speaker 1: I'm usually an audio boy, but if I see, you know, something that's clipped down to like ten or twelve minutes on YouTube, I might watch that. Having said that, we're never gonna do that because I don't have any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck that, it's not enough time.
Speaker 1: Plus we're not We're not good enough at what we do to have something as concise as twelve minutes.
Speaker 2: We like to ramble. We like to ramble. I'd say that we get sidetracked pretty easily.
Speaker 1: That's what the people come for.
Speaker 2: Hey, we like having a good time here at the Mac Andgoo program, all right.
Speaker 1: Oh we like to laugh. Yes, we got a call the other day too that the someone said that top laughing. Yes, they said that they they hate the Mac and Goo Movie Club. This is at my radio station. We play Sunday nights on WBZ News Radio ten thirty. They hate the show. They do not like the sound of our voices, they do not like how fast we talk, and they hate how much we laugh.
Speaker 2: Do you think just maybe the person's sundowning and they needed a real like somber real. They have old school radio voice. Who's the guy that used to do the top forty, Casey Caseum, Casey Casem. They just want Casey Caseum's voice.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to do on the full episode as Casey Casem? No?
Speaker 2: I don't. That person does coming in a number forty.
Speaker 1: We have this all right, So that'll do it for this episode. Tuesdays or Tuesdays, I Abuse Kangaroos.
Speaker 2: Bye. Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure