Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Sandy Show. Sandy and Tricia on Austin's eighties station. What oh three point one? How old do you get? The more amazed you get? Clearly a questions that need to be asked and apparently need to be answered. So here is the question that's been asked of people. Does an AI boyfriend or girlfriend count as cheating?
Speaker 2: This is such a ridiculous question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first of all, having an AI boyfriend or girlfriend something wrong with you? Yeah, right out the shote, right out of the shoe. Your suspect already with me. And then if you aren't, because if you already have a real life boyfriend or girlfriend, your side piece is an AI.
Speaker 2: Is artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: And they're saying that the artificial intelligence if you're using it for any type of companionship or emotional support, because people use AI and dating profiles to get to people. But then once you have this person, you're dating this person, if you still are looking at AI for companionship, emotional support, maybe even something dirty, Are you cheating?
Speaker 1: Yes you are, Yeah, you are cheating, and there you're something wrong with you. So I think there's something right. I look at this as like an AI girlfriend it's like some girl that's been created online, kind of like weird science.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, that's just.
Speaker 1: This this computer thing that you go to your computer and you talk to or do whatever else you can do with it.
Speaker 4: And that's your side piece when you've got a real girlfriend.
Speaker 2: That you should be going to to do those things with, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean that's I'm very, very worried about young men.
Speaker 3: This is straight out of a Big Bang Theory episode when Howard was dating Bernadette, but she walked in on him when he was playing one of his video games and he was doing it with glistend to the troll under the Bridge of Souls.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she totally break up with them.
Speaker 3: And you know this, yeh, yes, it's exactly the same thing.
Speaker 4: Which one did it? Well, Howard Howard.
Speaker 3: Listen to the Troll ended up being some guy who worked in the warehouse.
Speaker 2: At the and they were under the bridge under the Bridge of Souls. Really yes, Oh sorry, it's.
Speaker 3: A very specific episode, but anybody who's seen that Big Bang episode knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm very worried about young men.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, we see all these stories about how the younger generations have anxiety about talking to people face to face, making phone calls. They don't they want to text, They want to do everything over computer. They don't want to go outside and socialize. I think that's contributing to bars not seeing as much traffic because people aren't drinking and socializing anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I also a lot of people blame it on the COVID. I don't now.
Speaker 3: COVID might have have triggered it a little bit, right, locked down long enough to have anxiety over talking to people on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I'm glad our daughter doesn't have because she's on that phone all the time.
Speaker 2: I know she's FaceTime and she's talking.
Speaker 3: We make her call to place orders for things or to check on something. I make her do all the things because of all the stories about I'm too stressed out to interact with the person. I think that's crazy.
Speaker 1: My mom and dad encourage them or make them. Yeah, dang it, you're going to make friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We made her at a very young age at restaurants order her own food.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look at the people when she's talking to them.
Speaker 3: I mean it's kids can be shy, but you got to help them get out of that shyness. When it's still like that in your teens and twenties, I think it's a problem.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Stick around more. Coming up on Austin's eighties station. What three point one. Well, it's June and Central Texas time to be outside, and you know it's going to be hot. Those triple digit temperatures they're coming. The kids are out of school, their summer camp, family vacations. You got way too much going on to worry about your group. That's why I am really thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their teamingof Kangaroof. They're just great, That's all I can tell you about it. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years. For me, it's just peace of mind knowing that Kangaroof is going to take care of things for you. You know, your roof matters. It's your largest investment in this time of year. A quality roof helps your Central Texas energy bills stay in check.
Speaker 4: No matter what your situation.
Speaker 1: You can trust Scott and Stacey to shoot straight with you and they'll stand behind the work and only recommend what is best for you. Kangaroof does It All, repairs, new roof, installs, inspections, you name it, they'll do it for you. Give them a call and see why there's only one Kango roof. They really hop to it. Find them online at Call kangaroof dot Com. Trusha's got the story we love in just a moment. It's a big day for golf fans. The US Open starts today, goes through sudden Day, always fun wall to wall coverage on it, and hopefully Scottie Scheffler, the best player in the world, just doesn't I like it to be competitive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, and then just run away.
Speaker 4: They don't run away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So hopefully someone will step up in challenging but it should be pretty good starts.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's already underway by way. His Stories we Love.
Speaker 2: From the Lesterholt Studio. Let's welcome Trisha Delicia.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: One of the only podcasts that I've listened to with any kind of regularity is the SmartLess podcast.
Speaker 2: I Love. Will Arnett, Sean Hayes, and Jason Bateman.
Speaker 3: They've been doing this SmartLess podcast for about five years and now they are launching a new company, SmartLess Mobile a mobile phone company. They're piggybacking on Tea Mobile, but it's a direct to consumer wireless services that promises you like more sane plans. I saw them on Jimmy Kimmel the other night when they were talking about it, and one of the things they pointed out is that, like, you pay for an unlimited data plan, but and so it's not like one hundred bucks a month for an unlimited data plan, but when in reality you're on Wi Fi ninety percent of the time, you're using a small minute portion of that unlimited data that you're paying for. They, in response to this, have plans that start at fifteen dollars a month and run up to thirty dollars a month. You lock your price in for life so you don't have to deal with the price hikes. And like, I am all the time with AT and T calling why is my bill going up? Switch my plan, keep it coming down? And at first I was like, this is crazy. I think this is weird that these areas are doing it. Then I realized Ryan Reynolds he has his own mobile phone company called Mint. Yeah, they offer fifteen dollars a month, right, Well, when you see those areas.
Speaker 4: You're like, what's the catch? I always do.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's the g I went to the website and looked it up and it's SmartLess Mobile and it says right there, it shows you everything that you get for the fifteen, the twenty five, and the thirty dollars a month.
Speaker 4: Are we switching?
Speaker 2: We might?
Speaker 3: We really might. It just feels weird that it's a company through ACT.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But again she's like, we didn't put up our own so they didn't do any of the tech.
Speaker 4: The face.
Speaker 3: They were like, we did not put up any of the towers. Again, it's all T mobiles, so it's T mobile coverage.
Speaker 1: Everybody used the same towers, now, you know what I mean, the same coverage everybody does. And I know someone in this business. That's why did they really have made it easy to change?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you get to take your own phone number with you. You can do it over the app. You download their app and do it over the app. You don't even have to go into a store. You keep the same data and equipment and everything.
Speaker 1: So the big boys, the AT and Ts and thee Verizons, all that their bank that you're just not going to change.
Speaker 3: Probably, yeah, probably, but I thought so T Mobile because they have like, like, why would they let these guys offer these fifteen and thirty dollars a month plans on the same towers when they're charging way more space?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: They just leasing out the space to them.
Speaker 2: They're pay no, but I'd be afraid they'd overtake them. And I guess they still get paid.
Speaker 4: AT and T's got a few things figured out though.
Speaker 3: I know AT and T that wears me out that I called them all the time. As soon as I get something paid down, like get it down to a reasonable amount a month, then there's something where your bill's going up ten dollars a mint.
Speaker 4: Maybe a shift over to these guys. Maybe I tryum, maybe a good shot. You can always go AT and he's not going anywhere, No, I know.
Speaker 2: I know they're probably like, go ahead, try and we know you'll do that.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's the story. We love stay with us more. Treasure trying to redeem herself. I believe No, you won last week, didn't you know?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: You kicked my butt with these rigged cars. It's a new deck of cards.
Speaker 1: He's already starting with the rigged carp It is the official Family Viewed Survey says, face off cards with mister Steve Harvey on the cover with his wonderful new stash and a very sharp suit.
Speaker 2: He's a snappy dress He is a snappy dresser.
Speaker 4: We said that kind of money. I'd be a snappy dresser too, you would you?
Speaker 2: I mean like he's got all colors of the rainbow.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't get all that crazy. I couldn't get that away.
Speaker 2: Butturn have nice blue suit, a blue suit.
Speaker 4: A gready to play?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Question number one for Utricia. Name a phrase that has the word home in it.
Speaker 2: Body?
Speaker 4: Okay, give me a word that rhymes with sand.
Speaker 2: Sand land.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Name a type of cheese Americans like the best American?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Would I say American? Or do I say Cheddar? Can I say American? I'm gonna say cheddar.
Speaker 4: Question number four for Utricia. Name a reason you might send a dish back at.
Speaker 2: A restaurant undercooked?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Can I change my answer?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Hair? Hair in my dish.
Speaker 4: Name a place you might whist church? Church? Right, I've heard I was going to say, how.
Speaker 3: Do you know that you were going to say that I jumped on it ahead of you.
Speaker 2: Think I'm a heathen where you are not?
Speaker 4: You are all right. Here we go.
Speaker 1: First question, name a phrase that has the word home in it. Tricia went with what she is and that is a home body. Not on the board. Here are the four answers given. Home is where the heart is. Welcome home. Number two was there's no place like home.
Speaker 3: A phrase, not a word, and the sweet home is number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see you didn't listen.
Speaker 4: Question number two zero points for Tricia.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 1: Give me a word that rhymes with sam that. Tricia went with bland.
Speaker 2: All you're doing is reinforcing. These cards are ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Top four answers number four Grand three Land two. Hand number one would have got you fifty four points, and as a band member, you should have known that.
Speaker 4: Zero points.
Speaker 1: Three questions to go, Name the type of cheese Americans like the best.
Speaker 4: Tricia waffled back.
Speaker 1: And forth between American and Cheddar, but she made the wise choice and said Cheddar it's number one, Thank god.
Speaker 4: Thirty nine points for Cheddar.
Speaker 1: Thirty other answers given mozzarella, Swiss and American.
Speaker 4: Finally on the.
Speaker 1: Board, Tricia's fourth question. Name of reason you might send a dishback at a restaurant? Tricia said, because it's got a hair in it. Yeah, the dreaded hair.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't tell me. Under cooked was number.
Speaker 3: One because I changed it sixteen point points.
Speaker 4: I would have given you under cooked.
Speaker 1: Number one was cold, okay, but I'll give you you got hair is in it, So you got sixteen not cooked, properly dirty and if there was a bug in it, never got food.
Speaker 4: With a bug.
Speaker 1: No either, Tricia. Name a place you might whisper? Tricia said at church number one. Answer thank you forty four points. Forty four other answers given a bedroom, a movie theater, a library.
Speaker 2: How did you get ninety nine? That's not one hundred. I didn't even break a hundred.
Speaker 1: These cards sucks, so they should suck for me too, then, right, no.
Speaker 3: Because you aren't having ever been good at this game, So these cards are right.
Speaker 4: Out all right.
Speaker 1: I gotta beat ninety nine round two of the few. Next, I only need to score one hundred points. I think last week, after the second question, I was already victorious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you the cards are weird. Something's weird.
Speaker 1: Let's see if I can beat her today. Let's play the few.
Speaker 3: Number one question Sandy, name something you might find in an ambulance.
Speaker 4: A paramedic.
Speaker 2: Paramedic.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm gonna change my answer. A stretcher.
Speaker 2: Stretcher, all right.
Speaker 3: Question number two, tell me someone whose words changed your life?
Speaker 4: Grandma, grandma?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Teacher? Can I change it? Teacher? Teacher? Okay? Coach, teacher, teacher, teacher. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question number three, coach, coach, coach, Look and see what I'm writing on the cards.
Speaker 4: Coach.
Speaker 2: Is your final answer?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 3: Question number three, name a professional who blows a whistle?
Speaker 4: A referee?
Speaker 2: A referee.
Speaker 3: Question number four, if dogs go to heaven, name something they get to do all day long when.
Speaker 2: They get there, all day long, when they get there in heaven.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, swim okay, oh no.
Speaker 3: Question number five, No matter how hard it tries, name an animal a snake could never swallow.
Speaker 4: That's a random elephant.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I gotta beat ninety nine points.
Speaker 2: Yep, you gotta beat ninety nine. You got you, calculator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not real confident.
Speaker 2: They'll go ahead and be confident if I were you either shut up, jerk go.
Speaker 3: First question was name something you might find in an ambulance. You set a stretcher. The number three answer nine.
Speaker 4: Points ninety to go.
Speaker 2: Question number two, tell me somebody answers can me.
Speaker 4: The other answers, oh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I forgot to do that.
Speaker 3: Other answers patience, Ivy's needle, and the number one answer was oxygen.
Speaker 4: I would have never got that, okay.
Speaker 3: Second question, tell me someone whose words changed your life. First you said grandma, and he said teacher, and your final answer was coach. Should have stuck with teacher. Coach not on the board. Neither was grandma, but teacher was number three. It would have gotten you eleven points. Other answers clergy, spouse, god, mother or father.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Third question, name a professional who blows a whistle? Sandy said referee number two answer thirty eight points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other answers were a crossing guard, a coach, a lifeguard, and the number one answer was a policeman, travel cop.
Speaker 4: I got forty seven. I don't think I'm gonna win.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that'd be amazing.
Speaker 3: If dogs go to heaven, name something they get to do all day long when they get there, struggled.
Speaker 4: I couldn't say what I was thinking on a radio.
Speaker 2: Here's a hump like they sell.
Speaker 3: You said, swim on the board. The top five answers chase cats, bark, sleep, eat, shoe bones or Number one answer was run.
Speaker 2: Around you got.
Speaker 4: I got forty seven.
Speaker 2: Forty seven yeah, all right. Last question, no.
Speaker 3: Matter how hard it tries, name an animal a snake could never swallow? Sandy said elephant. Number one answer forty one point eighty nine.
Speaker 4: I fall eleven short ninety nine. But remember this is rig so it doesn't count right.
Speaker 2: You said that, settling itself out.
Speaker 3: The other top answers were a snake could ever eat, never swallow, a hippopotamus, a cow, a lion, or a horse.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Tricia, you won.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I would.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up. All right, it's time for us to go. Thanks for spending some time with us today. We do appreciate it. Listen on demand, stream the podcast, search the sand show, whatever it is that you get your podcasts, all right, doesn't matter if you're a Spotify person, iroheart Per Wherever we are, you're gonna find it.
Speaker 4: We're just all over you.
Speaker 2: We're everywhere. We're in your face.
Speaker 1: You're in your face Instagram, at the Sandy Show Official Facebook, at the Sandy Show Radio.
Speaker 4: We're now on TikTok as well. What do you got what we learned?
Speaker 3: Well, we learned that you and I both sucked at the feud today. Yeah, we both had very embarrassing performances.
Speaker 2: Yours was just ten points more embarrassing than mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were both not nothing to write home about.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you we need to get rid of these cards. They're not doing either one of us any good new cards. We get a winner every week. Another thing that we learned was Sandy's new appreciation for male dolphins.
Speaker 2: Not all dolphins, only male dolphins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they have bromances where two or three males will pair up for decades and help the other hook up with the females.
Speaker 2: A bunch of a pot of wingmen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good dolphin work right there.
Speaker 3: That is good dolphin, good dolphin work, good dolphin friends. And finally, in honor of the fact that Brian Wilson passed away yesterday, Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys, Sandy, which song would you like to choose my favorite song.
Speaker 4: Of all time, and it is not.
Speaker 1: And I hate to even say that out loud because Tricia will somehow some way make fun of me for it, make fun of me that one of my no it is my favorite song ever. It was from nineteen sixty six God only knows, from the Beach Boy.
Speaker 4: Sorry, friends, but we can't play the song on the podcast. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Jabi and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacy. You know, the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Kowala Cooling and Plumbing. They're great people to know, and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 5: When I do big, big decisions like this, I like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacy, great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down in Texas with a broken air conditioner. The way to prevent that, even if your AC's working fine right now, is to set up a service plan, have them come check it, and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're unfortunately in the need of help right now, call them immediately to get you cooled off again, because it's only going to get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 4: And don't forget about plumbing.
Speaker 1: If you've been putting off for a pair for a leaky fausta or a clogged drain, Koala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Koala Cooling dot com or call five one two seven eight eight hundred