Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Friday Nights Natica Della. It was on Later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Heller, Mo Kelly, how are you Hella?
Speaker 4: Tell the story? You gotta tell the story?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So Mo Kelly was just said a big Heller because I was distracting Steph, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: That was very unprofessional myself.
Speaker 3: But we were in this really deep conversation and then we heard Heller.
Speaker 2: And then we were like, oh, snap.
Speaker 4: See, didn't I tell you Stephan doesn't even pay attention to the show. He's just doing his own thing. Oh boy, true.
Speaker 3: Yes, So sorry, sorry Moe and sorry Steph. I apologize. So check this out for Discover so Calm. Yesterday, I have the chance to visit the nether Cup Museum. Has anyone been there at all?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a gem in Silmar that felt like stepping into a time machine of automotive history. From the moment I walked in, I was surrounded by some of the most stunning and meticulously.
Speaker 2: Restored classic cars I have ever seen.
Speaker 3: Now, the oldest car I saw was way before it was made way before our parents, a nineteen o five Buick Model C, a nineteen oh seven Westinghouse and a nineteen eleven Franklin Model H limousine, which was the first limousine that was ever made. Now, it was a masterpiece craftsmanship from a bygone era.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Every car in the museum. Museum has a detailed description in front of it, listing the year that it was made, the make, and the original price, and also the original owner. The level of the preservation is absolutely incredible, and these cars look like they just rolled off the showroom floor with flawless paint jobs, gleaming chrome where you could just just put your face on it and you could see every little pour in your face. And even a spare tire of firestone tires that were the size of like swimming pool inner tubes. That's how the tires used to be back in the days now. The nether Cup Museum and Collection was founded by JB. Nethercut, co founder of Merle Norman Cosmetics, who had a deep passion for restoring and preserving vintage automobiles. What started as a personal collection in the nineteen fifties evolved into a world class museum featuring over two hundred and fifty anti classics and special interest cars. Many of them have won top awards at prestigious events like the Pebble Beach Concourse de Elegance. The museum is also split in two sections now the five dollars admission nether cut museum side, where visitors can just kind of what I did, roam around and look at all the historic automobiles. And then there's the twenty dollars tour, which you have to make a reservation, but you go upstairs where they have like serious classic cars that I didn't do, but I'm planning on doing that next time I go. Now, one of the standouts of the exhibits for me was the massive vintage fire truck sitting among the classic cars. It was a towering, beautifully restore piece of firefighting history with bright red pain polished brass fittings and an old school hand cranked siren. Can you just imagine, you know, how you see those in the movies? That was it was there. It was absolutely beautiful. I don't know how they handled the fires back then, but I tell you that the evolution of the fire truck has definitely come to where I could say, it's a little bit more productive now. If you're a fan of vintage automobiles, history, or just love seeing beautiful preserved craftsmanships, I have to tell you the nether Cup Museum is a must visit.
Speaker 2: Whether you want to.
Speaker 3: Admire a rare Bugatti, which, oh was beautiful, or an antique fire truck.
Speaker 2: I tell you it's it's a place that.
Speaker 3: You definitely want to go if you want to learn a little bit about history and a little bit about you know, how the engines and the parts of the cars we were made.
Speaker 2: And there's so much to see. So if you go to the museum, make.
Speaker 3: Sure you look at the walls, you look at the cabinets, you look at the displays, and you look at all the little signs that say, like I said, the year of the.
Speaker 2: Car, how much it costs?
Speaker 3: Cars back then were like five hundred and forty five dollars.
Speaker 2: You can't get a used lemon for that.
Speaker 4: Adona Oswala got a car for six hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: He just told us last night what he got a car for six hundred dollars. He ought to tell you the experience afterward. But okay, okay, you'll never do it again.
Speaker 3: But if you would like to go, the neother Cut Museum is at one five one five to one Bledsoe Street in Silmar. Now it is in a industrial area, so unless you really know the address, you'll pass right by it. And for more information you could also log on to nether Cutcollection dot org. That's nether Cutcollection dot org. And it's only open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays nine am to four thirty.
Speaker 2: That's why I said I went there yesterday.
Speaker 5: That sounds like it would be so much fun, full of history. And you may not know this, I love cars in car history. One of the highlights of my childhood was going to the Auto show with my father almost annually and seeing classic cars, cars of the future, the history and the timeline of cars and the different manufacturers. So this is something that really interests me personally. And you may not know this, but when I was doing the Mokelly Show and Twaller obviously remembers this, we used to do the Great Labor Day Car Cruise where we would go out and you'd see all these vintage cars. They're just cruising around the La County fair Grounds And it was in Pomota and it was just a great, great time. So if you are like me, the nether Cut Museum is probably Taylor made for a great time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and a lot of the cars there too were also featured in the Rose Bowl Parade and you could see it'll. Like I said, every description has a little story, so it's it's amazing. But we have come a long way with cars technology.
Speaker 2: Size.
Speaker 3: I mean the car from nineteen oh seven was you would need four parking spots.
Speaker 2: Just to fit your car, just to park your car.
Speaker 3: The first limousine that I mentioned earlier, from nineteen eleven, the Franklin Model H limousine, I mean, I sure.
Speaker 2: Amazing. It was. It was probably a little bit bigger than the limousines that we have nowadays.
Speaker 3: But of course you know now we have all the glowing lights and we have the bar and all that other stuff.
Speaker 4: Do you remember how many it could see roughly six?
Speaker 5: About six?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, I mean it was beautiful. I discovered this just by searching.
Speaker 3: I was like, I want to get out of la and then I went to Silmar and then oh there is a train exhibit in the back. I didn't go because it was pouring outside and they do two kind of walk throughs. Ones at twelve and I think one's at three.
Speaker 5: And again that's the neother cut collection and you can find it at another Cut collection dot org. That's in e T H E R c U T T collection dot org. I'm gonna have to track this out. Yeah, I really am.
Speaker 2: You'll enjoy it.
Speaker 4: And admissions only five dollars a person.
Speaker 2: Five dollars yet, and if you.
Speaker 4: Gotta get advanced reservations, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, I went up for the No, you need the reservations to go upstairs to see the classics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you do that. That is like a ballroom. It's like the Great Gasp. But you feel like you're in the movie. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Five dollars in Children under ten.
Speaker 2: Are free, yes, m hm, and we like free ninety nine.
Speaker 4: This is something I wish I could have done with my father.
Speaker 3: And also I just posted a few pictures just to give you a tease on my Instagram at Nautica de la Cruz, just to get through the freaky Friday stuff.
Speaker 2: And you'll see the car.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? Explain that?
Speaker 3: Okay, so every Friday I do I do. It's it's my naughty version my my naughty Nautica, Freaky Friday kind of something a little how should I say it?
Speaker 2: A little spicy, it's a little.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I need you to explain more elaborate, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like if a man is not feeling well and he's feeling sad, show him your boobs. So that actually is from today, Steph, you can you can back me up on that.
Speaker 4: One step or what that's why he was slow on the draw.
Speaker 2: Steph follows me on Instagram. So if you, you know, if you just want to go to the cars, you should give out the freaking Friday.
Speaker 3: And like I said, oh, I did post the picture of the fire truck, so it's beautiful. Definitely, it's just a little tea. So you you could, I could get you out there, get you out to discover.
Speaker 5: So Cal, I need you to be clear which subject you were talking about, because we were talking about the cars. Yes, then we talked about Freaky Friday, and you, for some reason said oh, and I posted a picture of it. And I thought that the picture had to do a Freaky Friday and they didn't had to do with the cars.
Speaker 3: The cars, yes, but I so my Freaky Friday is, yes, it's it's little snippets of things that are that are spicy. It was pretty fun though, Yes, Stephan last Way, step.
Speaker 4: Heller Heller, it's fun. We have Natica da la Cruz and are hidden gym when we come back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: It's Friday Nights, wenta de la Cruise on Later with Moe Kelly and Today's Hidden Gem is Jared Lobo. Jared Lobo is one of the most one of those people you meet and you instantly know he has a heart of gold. Growing up in Chadsworth, he was the kid that would just couldn't walk away from a stray animal without stopping to help. Neighbors still tell stories about how he once nursed a baby possum. Oh yeah, he did, back to out after finding it alone in the backyard. But Jared's love for animals wasn't just a childhood face. It became his life's passion. His backyard, once a typical suburban space, slowly turned into a mini rescue operation, filled with adopted cats, rescued birds, and even, on occasion, an injured rabbit. One summer, Jared found a wounded hawk. I think it was a baby hawk, he said, near the Chadsworth Reservoir. Most people would have just you know, passed on by, but he picked it up, wrapped it in his jacket, and spent hours calling different wildlife centers until he found the right one. The moment solidified what he already knew. He wanted to dedicate some of his time to rescuing and rehabilitating animals. His passion led him to volunteer at shelters and work with the wildlife rehabilitation programs, where he became known for his patients skill and unwavering dedication. And that's how he got involved with Fur and Feather Animal Sanctuary, a no kill shelter right in his own backyard. Fur and Feather isn't just a rescue, it's a safe haven for abandoned, injured, and neglected animals who might not have a second chance anywhere else. The organization works closely with local shelters, taking in overflow cases and making sure no animal is left behind, whether it's an abused dog, a stray cad or even live stock in need of care. Fur and Feathers provides them with medical attention, rehabilitation, and, when possible, a loving forever home for the animals who can't be adopted due to medical issues or you know, because they're seniors or behavioral challenges. Fur and Feathers offer a permanent sanctuary, ensuring they live out their lives and comfort and safety. The organization not only provides shelter, but also works to educate the community about responsible pet ownership, animal welfare, and rehabilitation. They host workshops, adoption fares, and fundraising events as well, and they also have a nice, dedicated team of volunteers and veterinarians. Fur and Feather also provides specialized medical care, behavioral training, and socialization programs to help animals recover from trauma. Their ultimate goal is not just to rescue animals, but to create a furuture where fewer animals need rescuing in the first place. Through Jared's work with Fur and Feather, he's not just helping animals, He's inspiring others to care, take action, and believe every life is worth saving, no matter how small, no matter how broken. You could also follow them on Instagram at Fur and Feather Animal Sanctuary and if you would like some more information, either donate monetary or volunteer, or if you know someone that has a pet that needs a little bit of help, you could log onto furfeather dot org.
Speaker 2: That's furfeather dot org.
Speaker 3: And one thing I loved mo talking to Jared, who is now twenty one a college student, is that he kind of reminded me of my daughter. My daughter would in the backyard. She would, you know, pick up the premantis because it needed a home, or she'd pick up the cricket, or you know, she'd see a little I don't know, a you know, a ladybug. She just it just yes, just the love of strays. And I used to tell her just don't bring a straight cat over because I'm allergic to cats. But it's that love of animals that is instilled in children.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Like one time we were walking and I saw this little, bright pink thing by a tree and I was like, oh, what is that. She said, I don't know, Mom, but it's moving. It was a baby squirrel. It had fallen from the tree and we took it home. I called the local rescue shelter and I said, I don't know what it is. It looks like it could be a squirrel. We gave it milk and whatever they had instructed us, but it only lived like three days. I think the fall was very it was high, the tree was very high.
Speaker 2: But it's just that that's.
Speaker 3: When you see the love of children, loving for animals, and that's when you go as a parent.
Speaker 2: I did something right.
Speaker 4: Hopefully our kids are better than us, right.
Speaker 5: I got to ask you very quickly, So, how did the hidden gym come to you this week?
Speaker 3: This one was so this is a friend of a neighbor. No, I'm sorry, neighbor of a friend. That's how I got in contact with Jared. And he's twenty one, he's in college and just a very very.
Speaker 2: Good young man.
Speaker 4: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and speaking of a community, something that I wanted to mention that came by my desk was DreamWorks is doing the Birthday Party Project.
Speaker 2: So it is a big birthday.
Speaker 3: Party for those who have been displaced due to the California wildfires, but it's also very kind of catered to children. The Greater Los Angeles Chapter of YMCA wants to invite you the Birthday Party Project, which is going to be happening tomorrow from two to three point thirty pm at the DreamWorks Campus and that address is one thousand Flower Street in the city of Glendale. Again one thousand Flower Street in the City of Glendale, and the Birthday Party Project believes that every child deserves to feel seen, known and celebrated, and if they haven't had a chance to celebrate their birthday because of so much going on, there is going to be there'll be receiving a goodie bag, a gift, and also there is going to be Gabby's Dollhouse characters that will be there where you could take pictures, and I'm sure they're going to have so much, much, so.
Speaker 2: Much great stuff for the kids.
Speaker 3: So it's something that the community could come together and it is free ninety nine as well.
Speaker 5: It's Later with moo Kelly KFI AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty