Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Handle here on a Juneteenth Thursday. And before we get to the story of the bunker Buster bombs in Iran, American bomb bomb quick announcement that Saturday, June twenty eighth, at eight o'clock at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, i'mm seeing the LA Lawyers Philharmonic and Legal Voices concert Lawyers, judges, paralegals, people in the judicial field who are in this orchestra world class and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I am see it.
Speaker 2: I'm in a tuxedo, so if you're interested in going, it's really great fun.
Speaker 3: LA lawyersphil dot org.
Speaker 2: That's LA Lawyers phil is in Philharmonic La lawyersphil dot org. Now we've been hearing a lot about these bunker buster bombs, right, and it is a but it may be more than one bomb. It is the GBU fifty seven Massive Ordnance penetrator bomb. And a few things about this bomb. It has to do with mainly one facility in Iran, four Drow, that has the centrifuges that create or manufacture the weapons grade uranium purify uranium. Iran says this is all for peaceful purposes, even though it won't allow The International International Atomic Energy Commission in will not let them go in, and they have there's no reason to have these centrifuges do what they do unless you're producing weapons grade plutonium or uranium.
Speaker 3: So here's what happens.
Speaker 2: The only way that these bombs can be used is to be delivered by an American B two bomber. Unlike all the other armaments that the United States gives to Israel or gives the Ukraine, it's here, have these weapons. We're not getting into it. No boots on the ground.
Speaker 3: No attacks.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what if the President decides he's going after this and this is stopping Iran from creating an atomic weapon. And everybody is scared to death about Iran creating an atomic weapon. Why because there's very little doubt the second Iran gets it, it unleashes a bomb against Israel.
Speaker 3: All it has to do is have one, just one.
Speaker 2: Israel cannot afford that, and Natanyahu said, We're not going to let it happen. A couple things about the bomb itself. It's thirty pounds. You look at it, it's twenty feet long. It's not that big, and it doesn't have that much explosive in it. It's not this monstrous bomb. The reason it is thirty pounds. It is almost hardened steel that when it drops and it hits the ground, it burrows itself into the ground because of its enormous weight and then explodes at a given altitude or in this case, given de altitude, and that can be the bomb can be configured. And this facility that Iron has is underground under a mountain, and the only weapon that can attack this facility is this bunker buster. And the President has gone from we're not going to get involved to all of a sudden, he's getting closer and closer of sending in the B two bomber. And it's not just one. Is one going to do it? Probably not. What will happen is what the military experts are telling us. They'll be one dropped, it may not, might not go down all the way, and then they have to drop another one right on top of it. I mean, can you imagine how tight those dimensions are. I mean, you know, you're you're putting a needle, and then you're dropping a needle on top of a needle, and it may take several and it will take it out and then it explodes. It is manufactured, it is designed for this kind of attack. And one of the things that you'll notice is that Iran has no friends, none when it comes to this. No one has come to the aid of Iran. When Israel attacked Iran, no one. Now, when Israel went after Gaza, Hasbelah went ahead and attacked Israel and Hesbelah was decimated, that's gone. The huties attacked Israel, they're for the most part gone. In reality, the all the allies, these proxy armies, these proxy forces is that Iran has have. They're out of the picture. Iran can't rely on them anymore. Iran is on its own. Does that change if the United States goes ahead and attacks Iran?
Speaker 3: Right now, no one is hitting American forces.
Speaker 2: We have forty thousand troops in that entire region, and everybody is leaving them along for fear of the United States will get involved. Now that the equation may change if the United States attacks Iran. And then we talked earlier about the fact that MAGA is split right down the middle because the President came into office saying we are not going to get involved in foreign wars or foreign affairs. And now he is saying, we may very well get involved by unloading this weapon against the Iran nuclear facility, and he's getting closer to that point. He has gone from we're not getting get involved to following the Tanyahu's path and his comments saying we cannot let Iran have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: It's that simple.
Speaker 2: So if I had to guess, yeah, it's going to happen, and then all hell is going to break loose and we'll see how many people or how many of Iran's allies are going to get involved, and frankly, they're all scared to death of Israel. They have did not understand that Israel, especially intelligence has they way underestimated. Israel has gotten into these societies. I mean, their intelligence is incredible, and of course their military might. Everybody's aware of that tiny little country, nine and a half million people versus what sixty eighty million people around it, all hating them, and some of those people arguing and stating that it.
Speaker 3: Is the destruction of Israel.
Speaker 2: That's their primary target, it's their primary philosophy in life.
Speaker 3: So we'll see. Do I think they should Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do only because you know, hopefully we had some video of this thing blowing up, and that's hugely entertaining, you know, in the end, you know, it's just it's a great video, you know, great visual. Oh kaboom. But I'm a big fan of fireworks.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Iran and the US because we're about to get involved in a very big way if the President decides to unload that bunker buster bomb onto the nuclear facility in Iran. And we actually have a pretty complicated history with the Iran and I want.
Speaker 3: To share a little bit with you.
Speaker 2: There was in August nineteen fifty three there was a prime minister Democracy Democray. He was elected Mohammad Messagadhi or Masadig and he was nationalizing the oil industry. And all of a sudden, the CIA, in cahoots with the brit said no because there was the Anglo Iranian oil industry, in which the same thing we did with the Saudi Arabian Saudi Arabia before.
Speaker 3: They nationalized it.
Speaker 2: We just don't like other countries nationalizing industries when we rely on them. Reed oil and we have been particularly in a hostile relation for literally decades, so August twenty three. August nineteen fifty three, Mosadeg gets tossed out by the CIA. The CIA is involved and the Shaw of Iran is put in with American help.
Speaker 3: The Shaw of.
Speaker 2: Iran was very pro America, very pro Jewish by the Jews did really great in Iran. The rest of the people in the country didn't do so great.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of poverty.
Speaker 2: There was unbelievable amounts of corruption that were going on. The Shah had a secret police, the Savakh, and it was you said anything against the government. There was there were arrests, people disappeared, people were murdered.
Speaker 3: It was not fun.
Speaker 2: So that went on until nineteen seventy nine when the Iranian Revolution happened where the people.
Speaker 3: Overthrew the Shah.
Speaker 2: The Shah had cancer and was going around the world trying to get treatment. Came the United States, got treatment, didn't work, ended up in Egypt where he died well. During that period of time, the Iyatola Komeni is now on an airplane. He happened to be on an air France airplane and flew in to Tehran and the whole country welcomed him with open arms. That's nineteen seventy nine the revolution, and right off the bat it was we hate America and Iran had become has become an enemy. So nineteen seventy nine revolutionaries outs, the Shaw and American students, if you remember, those were taken into captivity. And that was in January of seventy nine when the Humani new Humani government took place. And so the Revolutionary Guard, those that were part of bringing Humanian were so pissed off that the United States welcomed the Shaw for medical treatment. Mind you, it was humanitarian. This was Jimmy Carter's call. They were so pissed off that on November fourth, fifty two Americans were taken hostage and Carter tried to rescue them. You remember that, a horrible situation that happened in the desert. The two helicopters were flying in to rescue the hostages, and they were at the very very edge of their ability in terms of the flight time and the amount of fuel they had, and it was a real, real it was a risk of which Carter lost. And Carter is basically known for that failure. He has some extraordinary successes. The Camp David Accords, he put together the putting together of Egypt and putting together with the Palestinians, and it just worked out well. And that was the best relations that Israel has had in the Mid East with the Arabs or if you will, with Palestinians. And Carter received the Nobel Prize for that as well as I think Nwar Sadat also received the Nobel Prize. Well, that all went to hell in a handbit ask it when this rescue attempt failed. And this is what Carter is known for now. It was that much of a debacle. It's like LBJ. Instead of being given credit as being the most pro civil rights president we've ever had in the history of United States, he's known for Vietnam and that that story. In any case, nineteen eighty nineteen eighty eight, Iraq invades Iran and the Iraq Iran War goes on for eight years and the United States backed Saddam Hussein. After eight years, I don't know how many millions of people and millions of young men died and nothing was gained.
Speaker 3: They declared sort of an armistice piece.
Speaker 2: And then we had the Iran contray story where nineteen eighty one, this is under Reagan, the US secretly sells weapons to Iran. Iran has now been deemed a terrorist organization, terrorist government, and arms were sold to them in secret American arms to fund the contra, the contras in Nicaragua, the Iran contra affair that Ronald Reagan got interesting enough, he got away with it in terms of reputation, and it was and he just straight out lied, he denied it, and then he just straight out lied. And so ever since that period, Iran and the United States have been at odds. We have had a horrible relationship with Iran and they're now they've been deemed a terrorist government, supplying arms, supplying intelligence, supplying money, train terrorists all over the world, mainly in the mid East. The arms that guys that has Alas has from Iran, Hasbollah from Iran, the houtis from Iran. Iran is the center of all this been described as the head of the octopus. And are we ever going to have a relationship with your on? Yeah, when there's regime change. And I tell you there's a story in the law Es actually a Wall Street Journal that Iranians that live in Los Angeles and there was a huge population of Iranian Jews that live in Los Angeles, and we have friends that were The synagogue we had was about a third Iranian. Jews always made fun of the chandeliers they had at home, and they are desperate to go home to Iran and at least visit family that are still there.
Speaker 3: How is that going to happen? Regime change? Is it going to happen? Who the hell knows? Okay, I don't know if that helped.
Speaker 2: As I discussed that I'm switching gears a little bit because I wanted to do this story. I'll do the Democratic Party following apart a little bit later on. And this is an article in the Atlantic in which a writer, a woman she had her mother died and she had to write the obituary. And obituary writing is very strange. It's not strange, it's difficult. And usually when families family member dies, you go to the funeral home and part of the services they ask you where they place an ad in the obituary page of the newspaper. I read the obits all the time because there are many biographies now. They are sycophantic as hell, and they're coying and triaquy. And here's what we thought we would do, and that is using AI because that's the new thing. What I asked and to do is come up with mock obituaries.
Speaker 3: A lot of you wish that were.
Speaker 2: True, mock obituaries of Neil and me.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to start.
Speaker 2: My part is easy and went obituary, mock obituary of Bill and it was four words, Bill was a dick and that was it.
Speaker 3: But there may be a little bit more to it. I'm going to start with Neil.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the oh bit of Neil that the AI wrote. Okay, It's titled Neil Savedra, beloved radio host and voice of faith, dies at fifty five. Neil Savedra, the longtime host of The Folk Report and producer of The Jesus Christ Show on KFI, passed away on June tenth, twenty twenty five, at the age of fifty five. A cherished voice in Southern California radio, Neil was known for his wit, warmth, and deep commitment to thoughtful conversation, whether discussing the joy of food, the complexity of faith, or the power of music. Born in Los Angeles nineteen sixty nine, his journey into broadcasting began early, driven by natural curiosity, sharp intellect and love for authentic human connection.
Speaker 3: Boy is Mine going to be Different.
Speaker 2: Over a career that spanned decades, he has become a beloved figure in Time radio, his shows offering a unique mix of entertainment, insight, genuine heart. As host of The Fork Report, Neil celebrated the culinary word with contagious enthusiasm, spotlighting local restaurants, culinary trends, and the simple joy of breaking bread. This is when AI really fails. By the way, I want you to know that. As the voice behind that Jesus Christ show with a producer, it tackles questions of faith, doubt and spirituality with humility, empathy, and clarity, making space for listeners from all walks of life, and the signature sign off be kind to one another.
Speaker 3: It's complete. Okay. Well that's why I hope people are kind of okay.
Speaker 2: It's more than a phrase, it was a life philosophy beyond the studio. Neil was a man of deep passions, avid lover of music, special fondness for punk rock, a genre that matched his authenticity, energy, refusal to conformed expectation, and whether discussing the rows spirit of classic track or discovering something new. Music was a constant source of inspiration and joy in his life. Neil is survived by his beloved wife, Tracy and their son Max. By the way, if you just tuned in, this is a mock obituary that AI produced that yes, survived by his beloved wife Tracy and their son Max.
Speaker 3: The light of his life.
Speaker 2: He was a devoted husband and father whose love for his family was evident in every story and in every quiet moment he cherished at home, Boy is mine going to be different? He also leaves behind countless friends, colleagues, and loyal listeners who were touched by his generosity, humor, and wisdom. Neil Savadra often said life is meant to be tasted, and so are women.
Speaker 3: No I added that uh.
Speaker 1: Matter with you?
Speaker 3: Pledged to get into.
Speaker 1: Real for you, buddy't too real.
Speaker 2: He lived those words every day, not the women part life, savoring each moment with passion, integrity, and heart, and invited the.
Speaker 3: Rest of us to do the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's Neil's mock o bit done by AI.
Speaker 3: How do you think? Uh? Oh, this is yeah?
Speaker 1: Neil, how do you feel incredibly humbled that computer would find any.
Speaker 2: Pretty pretty impressive, to say the least. And so uh and the reason.
Speaker 3: That I'm going to be sad I want to earn that.
Speaker 2: No, I understand, but this is what people have to do when they write O bits, not the newspaper that already has obits out there.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's what people have to do.
Speaker 2: If you were to die, I hope Tracy would ask me to write your O bit, because it's sure as hell wouldn't sound like this. I guarantee you. All Right, now, it is Neil's turn to read the oh bit that AI wrote about me.
Speaker 3: I originally thought it was four words. Bill was a dick. It is not.
Speaker 2: It's actually a little bit more complex than that. So Neil, if you would please read the oh bit upon my death, to the joy of so many people currently listening to the show the heading.
Speaker 1: William wolf Handle, a Los Angeles radio staple, dies at seventy three. William wolf Handle, longtime radio personality, attorney and devoted father.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, that's the start. Okay they way.
Speaker 1: On June tenth, twenty twenty five. He was eighty seven seventy four. Before becoming a household voice on KFI radio, Bill began his career as a lawyer, where he not only practiced law, but made a lasting impact in the field of family formation. He was a pioneer in surrogacy law, helping countless parents build families through assisted reproduction twenty five, work that brought meaning and purpose to his legal career. Bill went on to spend thirty one years on the eraic KFI Hopefully, where his outspoken style, sharp intellect, and fearless commentary drew a loyal audience and stirred conversation across southern California.
Speaker 3: I wrote this one myself. We didn't need AI for this goy ahead.
Speaker 1: He never held back his gas, and people loved him for it. Whether you agreed with him or not, you always knew where he stood. Off the mic. Bill was just as passionate in his personal life. He was a dedicated father to his daughters, Pamela and Barbara, and remained close with his former wife Marjorie.
Speaker 3: And that's true.
Speaker 1: We don't know her name, even as he built a new chapter with his beloved wife. What's her name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say new as opposed to beloved, but let's move on.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really say what's her name?
Speaker 3: Does it? No, okay.
Speaker 1: He adored dogs, collected opinions like souvenirs, and took special joy in simple pleasures like spending hours at Costco, his unofficial second home. In recent years, Bill often talked about retiring to Italy, drawn to the country's beauty, culture, and directness, qualities he valued deep, deeply.
Speaker 3: Just too.
Speaker 1: Bill will be remembered for his booming voice, his wavering convictions, his generosity, and his unique ability to balance controversy with compassion.
Speaker 2: In his memory, is that did they actually go and did you put my name in there? Because this does not sound like me compact and it just doesn't work.
Speaker 3: They have to spin it in a positive way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's an O bit. That's true, Neil, you want to finish it up, go ahead.
Speaker 1: In his memory, adopt a rescue doc, help someone start a family. No, it was that it say what you really think? Or just take a long stroll through Costco with a list.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that is okay, now you've added that. Is there more that the actual O bit?
Speaker 3: That was it? That was it?
Speaker 1: I read all of this wod commentary I did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, wow, fair enough.
Speaker 2: So if you have someone die in your life or in your death then and you're asked to write an obit, which people do throw in AI. You know I should do one for my mom when she died. She lasted way too long. That's the way I would start, all right.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would be that.
Speaker 3: Mean some mean.
Speaker 1: Isn't it weird that AI has its afric. It was very strange that a robit had a heart talking about you.
Speaker 3: Uh, scary, isn't it? All right? That was fun? That was fun.
Speaker 2: You know, if you really want to have a good time, and I'm talking to all of you in radio land, go to do it right your own or have h the AI or have chat GPT or whatever. Write your o bit and mock obit and find out and you feel good about yourself because obit's are coining, they're too sweet, they're treacly. Uh, no one ever says uh. You know, lawsuits. You know, Bill has been sued dozens of times. The reason Bill is far has far less money than he would have had is because of all the settlements.
Speaker 3: I mean, on and on and on.
Speaker 2: Bill has been to court only five times in his career.
Speaker 3: All is a defendant.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot to be said that The old bit does not say, well, all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Probably gonna have to write yours anyways, and then I'm yeah, you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nobody's going to be at your funeral, certainly not. You know, your wife's gonna be in Italy whatever with her pool boy. That's true, and the rest of us will be wandering the halls of Costco.
Speaker 2: That's true in memory. In memory. This is kf I am six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.