Speaker 1: Oh yes, you're listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Some of the best pizza.
Speaker 2: You've ever had in your life.
Speaker 1: Readers at The Dallas Morning News say it's the best pizzeria in all of DFW. And it's located in Plano, Preston Parkway and Preston Road. There's only one of them in the world. They've mastered five different types of pizza and it's so good people are going to Plano from all over DFW just to try it. Awesome craft beer selection there, TVs and there. It's a great place to watch sports. The food is delicious, the pasta is amazing. But again, best pizza and DFW according to readers of The Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basins s week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: Pretty pumped up about an award show that's coming up in town.
Speaker 2: It'll be in town. Let's see what's say Wednesday this will be Friday, all right, it's not tomorrow. It's tomorrow. Oh, it is tomorrow. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm looking at the twenty twenty four I'm sorry. The forty third Annual.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Women in Media Alliance for Women in Media, Dallas, Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: It's called the.
Speaker 4: Annual Alliance for Women in Media Awards of Excellence Gala plus Max.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Here are your nominees for radio local DJ slash on air personality.
Speaker 2: Bonnie Curry.
Speaker 4: If you all heard of her, Yeah, she's on you know, the station down the street, says Salem Media Group.
Speaker 2: Never heard of them. Kelly Raspberry, Yes, my heart, but this is tense. Yeah. Also nominated Kid Cretic in the morning show.
Speaker 1: What so she's got a chance, She's got twice as many chances to win.
Speaker 2: Thirty three chance of victory. Unfair?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so that's okay, I get it. So it's all women in media. So it's Kelly Raspberry, Bonnie Curry and then also kid cratit show because she's on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense. No, it's not, it doesn't. It's not really women focused. We'll see see hot guy and Michelle. So Michelle Rodriguez. Yep. She say hot guy or hawk eye hawk.
Speaker 4: Guy yep, which he could change it if you wanted, it'd be dope.
Speaker 2: Okay, so pretty much all women. I see. Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Been and skin show. What k e g l I heeartmedia? Well, Christina with the sign in the back, this is nice. I don't wont the freak.
Speaker 2: Passic beautiful. Let's go. How do we get to this gala? It is a.
Speaker 1: Sales and marketing thing. Primarily, it's sales and advertising. It's really not about women nominees. It's for everyone, but it does celebrate what it used to be called American women in radio and television.
Speaker 2: It is like the most.
Speaker 1: Prestigious awards ceremony for the sales and marketing advertising community in town. And then they changed it at some point to American women in media, so.
Speaker 2: Men had to takeover pre usual. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I walked down the hall and I heard Ben tell them someone it's like an award show for chicks and media.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm looking into the voting procedures because I think that's what really matters here. I gotta get us across the finish line here, right, this is huge. I've never I mean, I've clearly heard of this, but I've never seen us nominated for it.
Speaker 2: I guess otherwise I wouldn't have known. So I won one of these one time? Really was it was in sales. You've got a golden gap the hardware, dude, I got the hardware for it? Is it a chick? And we've hosted it? How many times? Multiple times? A couple of times in the early two thousands. Yeah. You know.
Speaker 4: When when I saw that we were nominated, I was like, Okay, they must have heard our back to back days of Sydney Sweeney and Jessica Simpson content. That's probably I pushed it across the finish line there. Yeah, yep, so congrats guys, good job.
Speaker 2: When will you know, Well, we'll know tomorrow night at the gala, are you going? Yes?
Speaker 1: Starts at five point thirty yep, doors open at five point thirty. It starts at seven, oh, start at seven. Where is it this year?
Speaker 2: It's at the High Regency Hotel? Okay? Nice? You get a repeech?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I don't. I mean, if we win win, If we win, I'll give a speech. But I doubt we'll win. But I'm supposed to, uh, introduce another category.
Speaker 2: Whoa what is it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Come on, I haven't seen a script. I haven't seen anything about it. I'm just so glad we're not hosting it.
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you gonna dress nice? Uh?
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, I think it's one of those boots and bling type events where they're cowboy in it.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 2: You dress like jelly Roll, So I'll be dressed like jelly Roll. Get some facetts are.
Speaker 1: Dude, you need to get a face tat for tomorrow Night's tale. God Jesus American Women in Media tattoo. What awards do you think you would be presenting? What category is like best Homemade Creative Directors? Well, yeah, it is like it is like best best local Media Radio Salesperson, Best Local Media TV Salesperson, Best media Buyer, best media Planner, Best ad Agency. Didn't you request to give out Hottest Sales Check I'm giving out the Hottest Sales Chick Award.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I get to come up with my own nominees. Yes.
Speaker 1: These are just ones that I've worked with in the past that really pushed me to the limit with HR.
Speaker 2: What have you got up there?
Speaker 1: And you're like, all right, this year I'm gonna pick out the five hotest sales chicks.
Speaker 2: I see out in the crowd. Oh, y'all stand up and turn around. I'm gonna do it off the top. Let's go. Yeah. Is there gonna be like a band there doing? Yeh? Could you do like a musical number?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I've been there in many years. I thought you were going to do a set with uh Empire Emerald City.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I realized. I know, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw that Emerald City was doing this charity event that I was at, and then they were doing the MAVs gala that SKIN was at the next night. I asked the dude. I was like, Hey, are you guys doing that event tomorrow? He's like, no, there's like eleven of us. Now there's like eleven bands all these Emerald Cities. It's a massive corporation.
Speaker 2: Now. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you for representing the show. Hopefully you can bring home a w and hopefully that you win the Silver Award of Excellence. That'd be great because they give that one out. Apparently a lot of our old bosses of one. That looks like great, there we go. Good job guys and I saw that. Now I perked up and I was like, what.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal for advertising in that world. So we're super honored to be nominated. And I did see the thing where Kelly Raspberry was nominated, and then the rest of the Categorcratics show was as well. It's because she actually a couple of years ago bought the award show and so it's like it was like when Trump bought the American Beauty pageant. Kelly bought the American Women and did uh and you one?
Speaker 2: Was it a e of the Year. It was Television account Executive of the Year. As I don't know what year. I think it was like two thousand and four. Maybe I was gonna guess five because I thought you were down in four.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: I thought you came back, but I could tell you like it was that's when you got the standard insurance account back.
Speaker 2: It was the proudest moment.
Speaker 1: It was the proudest moment of my sales career, Like seriously, like it was such a huge honor.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I got I got thrown out of that standard insurance office one time.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, is it because you were making claims that.
Speaker 1: They will, so those if you see they're they're not an advertiser for us here, but they are the nicest family ever. And Cherry Frasier and it was her dad used to run the company and he was such an impressive dude. And of course you see Chad Young now running it in those commercials. But they are truly the nicest people ever. And so it was a big deal for me to graduate and get that account at some point, so I'm handling the standard insurance account and they were doing a lot of advertising with us, and we went through a phase where my boss was like, I can't go on this call with you. You need to go on this call by yourself. But it's the there's a problem with it. They're really angry right now. And I was like, wait, what I'm going. I was a brand new I was like, I'm going by myself and he's like, yeah, yeah, I can't make it. And so I went out there and it turned out that we had made some promises to them before I was involved and didn't uphold those promises because that's what you always said. I like to over promise and under deliver. So they sent me out there without a solution to a problem that I didn't create or know about. And they're the nicest people ever. And they were like, yeah, so what how are you going to fix the situation? I was like, what, like, totally set me up to fail, and he goes, I'm going to make more promises. He goes, I got to ask you to leave my office right now. I was like really, He's like, yes, sir, you need to leave. And so I got kicked out and the jingle played when he walked down. But over the years got to be super close to them and love them to the data account back, got the account back, and they ended up really helping my career and we did a bunch of business together.
Speaker 2: They're phenomenal people. It's badass. Yeah, well, hope we get to win.
Speaker 4: And I would like to get the text if we I mean no, if we do, and make sure camera's not on you. If they do, give it to Kelly Raspberry and then you respond, you know he just did he mouth Puck.
Speaker 2: That f No.
Speaker 1: The Musers are nominated too, right, they are, okay, but they don't have a chance because there's no women on their show. Okay, yeah, we've got Christina, so we're good and Kevin.
Speaker 4: I was also kind of like, so what, you still get nominated even after reducing your hours of work.
Speaker 2: That is a victory.
Speaker 1: Kevin taking shots one of the greatest radio shows in the history of DFW. It is weird that the minute they didn't like you, the minute they posted about it, that they showed a freak logo.
Speaker 2: I was like, why kids log right?
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I think that's an indication that it's for that year's work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we got this through May of last year.
Speaker 1: You're doing this for a year though, No, this was the lad We got this for the last couple of months of the first Okay.
Speaker 2: TikTok might be going away, but it also might be staying. The new deadline.
Speaker 4: We talked about this, it feels like a month ago, and then Trump's like, okay, we'll push it back, and now Saturday is the next deadline April fifth, and Amazon made a bid to jump in and buy it, but didn't seal the deal today. So here we are on Wednesday, going I don't know if TikTok's going away or not. I imagine Trump's gonna save it again and push it back another thirty days. Let's just put tariffs on it. That did happen today. A lot of tariffs were announced today at three o'clock. I don't really fully know what it all means, though, and I'll wait for people who do know about that, because I'm going to track in stories with the otter that got loose at the zoo and you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, what's up with the otter?
Speaker 4: Did this order? It escaped from a zoo, but its friend is still on the loose. They found one of them. It's in Green Bay, so it's not that big of a deal. Now it's a huge deal. Otter friends escaped from the zoo. Aphelia's returned, but Louis is still on the loose.
Speaker 2: They didn't find the otter one. Ah, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: You're gonna win an award tomorrow night, Dude, shut it down.
Speaker 2: Give the guy the award. God, that was great work. Good job Ben.
Speaker 1: All right, Coming up next, what Ben just said is going to be in the Ben and Skin show clips for the month of April. But we haven't done the show clips for the month of March yet, So coming up next, show clips for the month of March. Right here on the Bennin Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle