Speaker 1: Hello, you guys, what's up. It's me Cecily Knobler with Stephanie Wilder Tabe and we're ready to dance. Hello, Hello, ready to dance? Hello? Okay your go to dance style before we get into today? Oh, poka for sure? Polka? I knew that same. Is it the polka or is it just do you pronounce the L? I think you do. It's not poka? You know the word back? Like, yes, you know you don't.
Speaker 2: I always used to pronounce the L like a little bit like I balked at that, but it's not it's boked.
Speaker 1: I balked. Yeah, there's a couple of things that I will always get wrong, and I'm just fine with it because like it's so arbitral, like who.
Speaker 2: Decides no, Well, somebody decided yeah, and I, you know, don't understand who it is, do you ever? Like there's certain names that people pronounce a certain way and nobody really ever knows how to pronounce it, And how do you know if that's right? Like I'm sure the person whose name it is is gonna, you know, have an issue.
Speaker 1: As someone with a name Cecily, ce c I l y that you know, other Cecilies, but most people don't. And I don't know a lot of Cecily's, uh as someone with that name. I have been called Cecily, Celery, a lot of Sicily, which I would like Cicily, like Tyson. They're like Cecily like Tyson, and I always have to say, like, clearly, that's Cicily. I don't understand, it's not Cecily. But I've I've spent my whole life being the person that has the name that you can't and then to add to that the last name that no one can pronounce.
Speaker 2: You know, I've told you this before, but I one of my really good friends is named Laura, and it's not Laura. It's Laura, and I don't find it that hard, but a lot of people do and get annoyed about it, like as if she shouldn't pronounce her name that way.
Speaker 1: So she's she's it's spelled l u a r A. No, it's spelled l a r A Laura. So she's Laura but not Laura correct.
Speaker 2: But she has friends that have known her forever that still sometimes say Laura.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I have a good friend who's l A U r A, and I always say Laura, because that's just what I say. But I bet it's fucking Laura. Not if it's l a U, it's l a U. I say Laura, but I've never heard her say her own name. I don't know what she said. Now I'm fucking mind blown. Well, the mostly people whose name is Laura spell it l a r A okay, so that you makes it Laura, okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I had I knew a woman, and I'm not going to say we are friends because we clearly weren't when you hear the story. But her name was spelled al I c I A okay, like Alisha Elise, like, so it could oh, it could be Alicia, and it could be Alicia. So I've heard, and you know, but I always get really paranoid, like I want to make sure I'm saying her name right because I was working with her on something. She was like a parent at my kid's school. So I finally was just like, you know what, I'm just going to be brave. Oh, different people were pronouncing it different ways, and then one time I just pronounced it like Alicia. And then I heard somebody who she was actually friends with, pronounced it Alisha. So I was like, oh, no, I pronounced her name wrong, like she probably hates me. And then I think I heard somebody else pronounce it the other way, and I was like quite so Finally, anyway, I just got brave and I asked her and she was like, honestly, like, it's just pronounced it either way.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was like, that's crazy. That's so crazy to me because I okay. So I had a friend, a very good friend, one of my best friends in junior high, like really good, like slept over all the time we went to concert, I mean, really good friend. I always thought her name was Keisha. It was k e c i A. We all called her Keisha everyone, and then like at graduation, she's like, by the way, my name is pronounced Kessia, and we're all like the mother what the fuck? Though, like you can't like listen and I that was not my response. That's my response now. Of course my response then was crying. I like cried, like held her like a baby. I felt bad. I felt like I was being judged, you know. Oh yeah, but it was just like I'm the worst friend, but why didn't you tell me? And that it was crazy? Now I'm just sort of like, that's that's insane. I mean, that's bad.
Speaker 2: Now. I'd be like, well, that's on you, I mean years, right, but she was like, uh, I should have done it, like right when it first started happening. But I really wanted I was a people pleaser. What I wanted you guys to see my friends.
Speaker 1: That's right. My neighbor thinks my name is Cecily, and we've lived in this building for a very long time, and I can't correct her. It's way too late, right right, But she uses it a lot too, like if you're not totally sure, maybe just don't use it. But she's always like, oh Cecily. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our favorite story about that, and this is Appropoda Rose Pricks, was when Tino, we were so excited to get an interview with genuinely, I do think believed your name was Ceci, or or he just didn't yeah, or he or he just named you that.
Speaker 1: And it's adorable. He just named me that, because how could you look at that and think I'm Ceci. He still sees the name, so he just.
Speaker 2: Or he just wasn't sure how to pronounce it, so he was like, I'm just going to give her nickname.
Speaker 1: We loved Tino so much, even though we were tough on him at first when we watched the show. Then he became a friend of the show.
Speaker 3: And then he left.
Speaker 1: He left the show for a really good reason. Remember, he was like, he got a girlfriend yep, and he really wanted to focus and he just didn't want to be popping and talking about the Bachelor all the time yep. And understandably he didn't want to relive this weird relationship that he had on TV because he was getting more serious and I just couldn't I couldn't like him more.
Speaker 2: And in case anybody forgets the story, the story goes that we were the some of the rare people that were team Tino. We were not team Rachel. We were like, he didn't do anything. Yeah, she ended it because she was like, oh my god, being famous is like so so stressful, Like I I like just need to be single. I don't want to call this an engagement. And it's like, girl, then you can't be that mad that he kissed somebody and then came and told you right afterwards because he felt so guilty.
Speaker 1: He didn't even do anything, No let him, so we were mad. So then he found out.
Speaker 2: One of his friends was like, Tino bro like these girls on this podcast love you and are like they're all they are sticking up for you. So then he listened and he was like, oh my god, you know I love you guys. He reached out, probably drunk, I don't know, but the thing he was is then we were like, oh my god, do you want to come on our show and talk about it?
Speaker 1: And he said he would have to check, and then he did.
Speaker 2: Then we promptly freaked out because we were like, well, hold on, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go listen to what we actually said about it, because I think we said he was kind of boring, which we said he was dumb. Well, I don't think I said it. I think I said he was boring. Maybe well I think I did. It was something insulting, but we don't think he got to that part. And also the reason that it's okay is that I think boring is the best thing you can be on a reality It's saying he's sane, he's stirring shit up. So maybe it didn't make for the best TV that reads a certain way, and that might be true, but I think ultimately we were I hope he didn't say it was Doe, Like, we don't think that now that we got to know him, he's certainly not. Well, he's my best friend.
Speaker 2: Don't but then don't forget that he doesn't listen to this anymore. But don't forget that. He then did come on our show and then was saying all kinds of great stuff about Andrew Tate, and we had to at.
Speaker 1: He said one thing about Andertating, which we took out for both our for both our show on our own psyches and our peace of mind, and also for him. We were going to make sure like, hey, he didn't he doesn't know what he didn't know at it. He doesn't, he doesn't know. Anyway, we're not that's what we're here for. But you know we get in. Yes, hey, we.
Speaker 2: Want to talk to you guys about by optimizers. I have this problem where I wake up a lot at like three am. My mind is racing. I hear this sort of chatter going on in my brain. It's horrible and I can't get back to sleep. But that has changed because I started adding magnesium breakthrough by bioptimizers to my nightly routine.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 2: I wake up calmer without that exhausted, rung out feeling that I started to think was just how it was going to be for the rest of my life. It's really exciting and it's magnesium. It's good for your body. So here's what you get when you go to byoptimizers dot com slash rose Pricks and use code rose Pricks. Fifteen percent off your entire order, A free bottle of mass Simes by optimizers best selling digestive enzyme added to your order automatically when you use our exclusive code. That's a twenty dollars product free on top of your discount. This is a limited time offer and wall supplies last. You cannot get this on Amazon, you can't get it in stores. This offer exists in one place, our link, our code.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: So if you are already thinking about trying it, this is the sign. Go to byoptimizers dot com, slash rose Pricks, use code rose Pricks, and grab it before it's gone. Make twenty twenty six the year you finally start sleeping great again. Yeah nice? Okay, let's get into our topic. Okay, So our topic today is that this story came out and this was a I'm gonna say, we're a little bit late on it, but it doesn't really matter. This comedian named Akila Hughes started talking about this story that happened to her. She did a storytelling show called an Open Hollywood Secret.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's a spider on me, so hold on, Oh no, he's a little he's off. Okay, we're good.
Speaker 2: So this woman, Akila Hughes, worked with Keegan Keegan Mike Key, so she tells me heel from Key and Peel. So this story, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna kind of spoiler alert for you because then I'm gonna I'm going to kind of tell you the story, and I have a lot of there's some people, beautiful people kind of summarize the story, but I'm gonna play you. Hold on, I'm going to play you a minute.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll be using code names tonight because I don't want to get sued, which means you're getting some really hot celebrity goss.
Speaker 1: Okay. I like that.
Speaker 4: A story about open secrets in Hollywood and people who don't warn you about things.
Speaker 3: And finding out the hard way.
Speaker 4: So before I even did podcasts, I did comedy in New York and I got headhunted to move to LA and I think that I always thought, you know, this is the job that will move me there, but like there will be so much opportunity in Hollywood, which is now a dead industry. If you're thinking about it, think about something else. But at the time, you know, twenty twenties, I'm like, this is great.
Speaker 3: And I had just.
Speaker 4: Done a show for Comedy Central that was starring me and my friend who was in a movie with Ryan Gosling recently called some movie called Project Hail Mary. Yes, so my friend Milana vine Chip shout out g and I made three sketches for Comedy Central. They went really well, and then COVID happened, and so we had this big dream of getting a TV show and it really got dashed. But you know, I realized I liked making sketch comedy.
Speaker 3: I liked having in a big production behind it.
Speaker 2: I hear that starter yeah because she because just to be kind of cool, there's like two jazz musicians playing.
Speaker 1: No, yes, yeah, I love it. I'm like, pause, pause, Okay, go back.
Speaker 2: To the something's links, something's leaked in there some audios. Is there a jazz bend in your house? Stephanie, what's happening. Now go to the cool hepcat. Yeah, it's very distracting. I don't know why she's doing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just gonna get her into it and then I'm going to tell you the story. Okay.
Speaker 4: I wanted to sell out and I got the opportunity.
Speaker 3: A few of my friends who.
Speaker 4: Worked for different television shows came to me and they said, do you want to make a sketch comedy show your star vehicle where you know it'll be you and you'll be writing about you know, the media and misinformation, but like through the limbs of sketch comedy. And I was like, yes, but I need someone to help usher me in.
Speaker 3: And so one of.
Speaker 4: Those friends said, hey, I've got a great person to give you this opportunity.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: And I don't think this is too shady. I think it's true.
Speaker 4: The less successful half of a comedy.
Speaker 3: Duo that was prolific in the twenty tens. Perhaps, you know, I think.
Speaker 4: Their core names could be Locke and Banana, and.
Speaker 3: Locke is gonna use his name to carry you.
Speaker 4: To the forefront of pop culture. And so we came up with a pitch. We practiced it.
Speaker 3: It was like so good.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, not only is there a keynote presentation, but there are videos. We get one of the people pitching with us to go on Pierce Morgan and force him to say the tagline from the show.
Speaker 3: Unwittingly, we are selling the show all over.
Speaker 4: Town and know we get a few offers, which is like a feeling that like is unlike any other where you're like we are wanted.
Speaker 3: Like it's coming together.
Speaker 4: And during the pitch process, Locke gets his dream. He's asked to host s and ol and he does, and we have this agreement. We're like, and you're gonna say the name of the show. You're just gonna put it in there at the end when you're doing your thank yous at the end of SNL. And we should have known then that like he didn't say, and it was like the only thing he had to say. But there were some things he said that were like weird and thanking his wife who becomes a weird main character in this whole story.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to do? You want me to stop? And I just tell you your time calls?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, how a pitching going?
Speaker 1: How do you show this part, Oh my god, they love it okay.
Speaker 2: So she says, I think it's like her manager says, how's pitching going okay, and she goes, oh my god, they love it. Okay, this is important.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves Locke. She's like, that's great, that's great.
Speaker 4: How do they feel about his wife, who is now so somehow the executive producer on my show?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Hadn't really thought about it. I don't think people like her very much. And she's like, yeah, that's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So like, are you saying like we're not gonna be able to tell this with You're like, listen, people like you, and they like, look, it'll come together.
Speaker 3: And so I forgive this sort of moment.
Speaker 4: But you know, that should have been the red flag where I said, hey, maybe we like pause this.
Speaker 3: We haven't sold it yet, we're all so free.
Speaker 2: Let's just okay, I'm gonna pose it right there and just tell you because it's not really important to hear the whole basically the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her that I love her voice, and I think be friends with her. I feel like she's fit right in as a guest. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Her name is Akila Hughes. She's very successful. So yeah, I never know who anybody is. I'm like, you know what, she might just go places I don't know. Okay, so here's the uh.
Speaker 2: Uh hold on, Okay, I'm just trying to see there's a place where somebody just like kind of tells the story. But suffice it to say that the story is that she's going to trash Keegan Michael Key's wife and apparently this is like the worst kept secret in Hollywood, that she's crazy and super difficult. And so she inserts herself into the project and they have this zoom call and she the wife who's whose name.
Speaker 1: Is going to come to me in a minute.
Speaker 2: She's all over some of this stuff, but she starts kind of comedy explaining to people and she's not a comedian, and she starts telling them that like comedy comes in threes and like hard like sees are funny. Oh yes, Monky Monkey's funny. Anything with k Kiwi that's really funny Kiewe. Yeah. So then she gets mad at Disney the wife not not Aquila, and she sues Disney over the show. Like so the show is sold, so then they cancel the whole thing. Disney cancels it and tells tells her like, we can't work with her, and so then it just becomes too hard for her to do like another project. Meanwhile, Jordan Peel's wife, who is Chelsea Peretti right, calls Aquila and is like, girl, like, everybody knows that she's horrible, and this.
Speaker 1: Woman, she's just some like writer like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, So now I have this thing that is from old On. Okay, so this was a tweet that she put out two years ago. Okay, so this all just came up because she just told this story. But so this is from Reddit two years ago. It's Aquila Twitter and it says, when will somebody just say the real reason Keegan Michael Key and Jordan Peele aren't close anymore. Everyone in Hollywood knows why. Oh, poor Keegan Michael. So this isn't really about him. It's just his wife that he's very loyal to.
Speaker 1: So he's not even the bad guy here. He just can't let her go.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, So that was from two years ago. And then somebody writes the person who is who put that tweet up goes I just saw this tweet from Aquila Hughes, who I love, She's amazing and really want to know the tea. So yeah, So then somebody wrote, looks like this is the case based on the responses. Oh, they said Keegan Michael Key's wife. And then it says, looks like this is the case based on the responses. I went to the tweet and she posted a screenshot of an old tweet from Jordan uh where he said get Out is a documentary. Wise.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, girl, Oh my god, what the fuck? Yes?
Speaker 2: So okay, so hold on, it says previous wife through all of Key and Peel died and he remarried an absolute psychopath. Oh my god. Yes, oh we all saw the text. Hold on, I'm clicking on something.
Speaker 1: It's laundry day and yes, okay.
Speaker 2: The appeal text message confusion, uncentered, uncensored, Keegan and Jordan misunderstand the tone of each other's text.
Speaker 1: While that's a joke, that's a sketch. Yeah, that's a sketch. It's very funny. That's sent around a lot. That's like something you and I like. I you know, someone who is like very tech, doesn't like does not like if there's not like a heart. That's what that joke's about.
Speaker 2: Oh I oh, I see.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I love that though. That's how rumors get started, is like they're fighting over texting.
Speaker 2: That's why they broke up. Okay, so this is like a an article about it. Okay, So the wife is named el Key.
Speaker 1: I'm looking her up right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, So okay, I'm just like reading you a little bit of this article about it. It says, hey, have you heard the story of Locke and Banana. When writer and comedian Akila Hughes shared a juicy story online, it didn't take long for people to figure out who she was talking about and for her eye opening claims to go viral. And then this person writes to sum it up as quickly as I can. Hughes revealed that her dream project of a sketch comedy pilot was hobbled in part by Hollywood being Hollywood, but also by her celebrity collaborator's infuriating and potentially dangerous wife.
Speaker 1: She's very not what you would expect. I know. Let me tell you something. She goes by her Instagram. She has a blue check mark for you know she has but she's she's e L Key. She had to add the to it. Oh god, you know what I mean. It's like the subtling note like that she I can see even in the fot like there's very Karen energy here. Oh yeah, usually say that, but you see it right, yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, and it says it says uh In Hughes telling the pairs lack of collaboration from the past several years. She's talking about Key and Peel is rooted in Key's wife, producer l K. Key, being such a troublemaker that she's led to her husband losing work. And then she says, let's see they.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's something in the comments there's a picture of her with him. Sorry, like entire it was so weird. The lighting's all weird. Someone wrote in her comments on a photo, what in voodoo? Who do did you do to this man? So someone wrote, I've just seen the YouTube video. It's crazy what they're saying. Poor man love is blind. So people are she's leaving that up on her fucking Instagram page. Yeah weird, and people are like blind, like Ray Charles, They're trying to yell at him like get out. How can someone be that terrible? And he can't see it. What's the problem? Do they have kids? What doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh oh, okay, listen to this. This is super juicy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Hughes recalled receiving a phone call from Jordan Peele's wife, Chelsea Pretti, during which she explained that amid a dinner with Locke and his wife, they revealed plans for Hughes show the woman.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Chelsea Pretti allegedly told Aquila, I'm just calling you because I wish someone would have warned me, adding that she doesn't trust the woman to even hold a baby. At one point, referencing the late Phil Hartman's wife who murdered her husband like a coke thing. She thinks she's crazy, Hughes a legendature, shocking that Jordan Peel's wife told her that Locke's wife. Okay, Locke meaning Key Keegan right, he guy's key? Yeah, yeah, that Jordan Peel's wife.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Chelsea Paretti told Aquila that Keegan's that Michael Key's wife poured alcohol on her birthday cake, ignoring her sobriety journey. Oh yes, god, this is about this is, Chelsea Paretti said, this so Parretti has spoken publicly about choosing to live sober.
Speaker 1: So uh.
Speaker 2: Peel's wife also told Hughes there's no accounting for how much money she's cost that black man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh my god, I'm sending you a picture. I screenshot a picture of her, like, oh, I've seen her. Yeah, but I want you to just see this while we're on the thing. I know other people can't see it. Oh, I've seen the pictures ever for sure.
Speaker 2: Shock.
Speaker 1: And I'm not putting her down. I'm just sort of like, it doesn't something's not adding up here again. Okay, wow, so where where are we with it? Are we going to try to have her on the show this week? I mean it's pretty crazy story. Yeah, that's it, you know love. Oh wait, I didn't send it to you. I don't know who I sent it to. Did I just recon Oh oh it came to you. Oh thank god. I was like, oh my god, did I just send that to my boss? Oh this is a good place to end, if I may wait we No, I have something else. Okay, oh yeah, that pictures that picture is not attractive.
Speaker 2: But hold on, I have a little a little extra thing which is cut probably okay, So it says, this is on TMZKA, this was public, This was.
Speaker 1: Like a month ago, it said.
Speaker 2: It says comedian Akila Hughes recently fired shots at Keegan Michael Key's wife in a video that's spread like wildfire on Reddit. Blaming the controlling spouse has been a detriment to the actor's career. But we're told her story is BS. I mean, come on, I'm sure. So you're saying, oh, the whole thing's a lie, okay, it says, here's the deal. During Akila's stand up set, she uses a not so clever code blah blah blah blah blah. She says she and Keagan Michael Key pitched and sold a show, but Keegan's wife Elle caused too many waves as an executive producer. She also claims she was warned about the spouse by Peel's wife, allegedly likning her to Phil Hartman's wife Brynn, who fatally shot him in nineteen ninety eight. Oh my, most of those sources connected to Keegan Michael Key, of course, and Elle tell TMZ Akila's stand up narrative is quote outlandish and fabricated nonsense, as for Akila's other claiming during her set that Elle's been a wedge between the comedy duo. Both Jordan and Keegan Michael have said that remain friends, even though they obviously don't get to hang as much as in their Key and Peal days. It might be hard for some to square the accusie anyway, that's all they said, is like not true. And then this comic, this comment just says it's like the worst kept secret in Hollywood, that she's a demon. Don't act like Harvey doesn't know this. Come on, anyone who remotely enjoys comedy knows this.
Speaker 1: But why would he want to be like, what is the sauce? What's the special sauce? Why did Phil Hartman stay with Brinn for so long when she was well, I mean, okay, I can you know well, I don't know. I mean on that one that was just terrible, But it's possible.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I hate saying this, but comics, no matter how much we love them, male comics especially, can sometimes be a bit narcissistic. Would that be fair to say that sometimes male comics are certain we may love them to death and we may love them. Well, that's the wrong things, but you know what I mean, we love them but when we date them, so she probably had her own personality disorders and those two things can be drawn to each other, you know, like it just didn't it just couldn't have gone worse in that case. But I mean usually they've got other things though, like they're hot, or they're you know, something like this makes no sense. Yeah, I don't know. I can't speak for the the philharp Man. He might have been scared to leave, Like wasn't that kind of part of it, Like didn't they break up? I don't remember they I don't know. A few times I think he was scared.
Speaker 2: I think it's just you, you know, the persons so controlling and you kind of feel bad for them, and then you feel like a lot of people like that, beautiful people like threatened to hurt themselves. You know, you feel like you owe the person because you know they've been with you since the beginning. I mean, I think there's a lot of reasons.
Speaker 1: You maybe there's that maybe el maybe they've been together for so long and he's like when nobody when I wasn't famous, she was there, but it was like, yeah, really had a few people like that. Yeah, but who knows, who knows? Who knows kaias well? We here a little bit. Now I'm scared, like if she's that much of a demon, Like, I'm scared that, like we're even talking about it. Demon lady, Fine, demon lady. All right, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: I hope you're enjoying, uh, what we're doing these days. Yeah, thanks for being here. Yeah, coming back and check out our Patreon because we did some We had some really funny.
Speaker 1: Patreons as of late. Hell yeah, as we do.
Speaker 2: And they're both they're on If you're already on rose Pricks, just check it out on rose Pricks. It's just like more of a casual, fun, funny thing, and if you're on board, it's also if you were on board Patreon, we're just gonna post it over there so you don't have to switch over.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah all right, thanks, everybody got you covered. Thanks guys play