Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Open up to an odyssey you or there's something in the woods Anato tell you what you're about to see you or there's something in the woods. Knock in the park containeer ride the ooman said, don't go outside. There's something near the woods tonight. I hear rim knocking, shaking bushits footprints howling on my lung. Open up to an odyssey something.
Speaker 3: In the woods. Hey everybody, this is Less Driving.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes I know, AKA Surviving Man and you're listening to Brian and Sasquatch Odyssey.
Speaker 1: He there and welcome back to Sasquatch. Honestly, thank you so much for cooking play. It is Wednesday. I hope you're having in a fantastic week. We have an amazing guest lined up for you. But as always, I want to start where I always do by inviting you. If you've had an encounter and you'd like to be on the show, shoot me an email you and get me at Brian at Paranomoworldproductions dot com. Get head over to the website, check it out, become a member there and help support the show. I got to sit down and talk to Dylan from Oregon quite a few months back, and this is a really short episode. Dylan had some interesting experiences that he wanted to share, and as always, I believe that every encounter, no matter what it is or how short it is, is important. So this is a pretty short episode for your midweek bonus show. We will be back on Friday, of course, with the regularly scheduled longer Encounter show for you guys. I have quite a few interviews that I've conducted over the last couple of months that I can't wait to get out for you guys. We've been doing a ton of traveling, you know. I was over in the United Kingdom last week. We were only home for three days, and then we had to turn around, hop in the truck and head up to Gatlinburg for the Smucky Mountain Bigfoot conference, where we had an absolute blast. As always, I always enjoy meeting you guys a person. We can't thank you enough for all of the support. But enough of that, I know you guys are ready to get into it. Dylan's on the line, He's ready to go, So all that's left for you to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the show. I don't want to welcome our guest to the show. It is Dylan from Oregon. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 1: I am good. I'm glad to have you on the show. So let's get right into it. Let's talk about this bigfoot thing. Let's start with what got you interested in the subject to begin with?
Speaker 4: Basically, I was a nerdy kid, not much to do, spent my early years in Brookings, Oregon, which is right on the coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just ended up going to the library every once in a while and ended up finding this section that was just all about the weird stuff. I picked up a few books and that kind of got me interested in it. And then after that turned twelve, moved to the Midwest and it basically exited my life and moved back here after I graduated, ended up into Oregon, which is in central Oregon. Was always in the back of my mind. Went on from there.
Speaker 1: Did you spend a lot of time out in the woods and you start having experiences? Is that what spurned you on through the years to continue to be interested in the subject.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, and that's where I thrive. I'd rather be there than in any town unless it's a small town. Yeah, that's basically where it started. I moved back here and years went on. Family moved out here with me and ended up having a It wasn't a life changing experience at this point, but it was with my brother and my cousin. My cousin was visiting from out of town and we were out. I just bought a little twenty two rifle and decided to go try it out. I had never owned an actual gunpowder firearm till that point. And we're just shooting and we're buy this cave out on a road called China Hat Road.
Speaker 3: Back then, it wasn't walled off. It was getting dark.
Speaker 4: This is a long time ago, so I'm just trying to pull this shit from my memory.
Speaker 3: But basically, we saw this eye shine.
Speaker 4: It's a high desert, so it's a sagebrush and pretty open with ponderosa pines peeking up every once in a while. We saw something move and we're thinking, so dear, but we're seeing a rifle. It's not a super loud rifle, and we're not being crazy. We were just kids, basically, early twenties to late teens. But it was doing weird stuff. It would like from what I remember. My brother remembers it differently from what I remember. It was just like it was standing still trying to not be seen, but it would go down and then come back up.
Speaker 3: And this is just something that me and my brother talk about. It wasn't a life changing thing, but the eye shine would go up, go down, and basically stay in one spot. It quite possibly could have been a deer, to tell you the truth, but both me, my brother, and my cousin remember it as something. But it gets better from here, for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's talk a little bit about the eye shine. Was there enough light for this to be like reflective eye shine? Is that what I'm understanding you saying? Are you talking like self illuminating eyes?
Speaker 4: Actually it looked like it wasn't definitely not self illuminating. The sun was to our backs, so it could have possibly been the sun. But I'd rather go from the last one that really blew mynd back to this one because you know, like I said, I got five different experiences out here, and they're spread out between basically twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just go right into the next one.
Speaker 4: Could I go to the most recent one because that's the one I can remember the most. Okay, so the most recent one. I was probably ten years into hunting. I'm not good, never killed anything but a rabbit. Me and my uncle were up on a road basically a one way in, one way out road in the High Cascades. We were coming down a draw. We saw a couple come back up. We were hunting grouse at the moment. Basically a couple came up and there They looked frazzled for some reason.
Speaker 3: They just told me.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a bear down there and it's scratching for grubs and a stump. And I didn't pick up on it at the moment, but happened later in the day I got maybe why they were terrified. Basically, we walked in. It was pretty steep walked down. I'm trying to picture your head. It's very remote, so not many people go there. We came down the trail went to the left. As we're going to the left, we hear a rock is up to our right, basically just something and it seemed like it was going back and forth and just trying to make all the noise it could. So basically we're looking up, we're going down at the terrain is up and down, and it was just breaking shit and going crazy, and I looked at my uncle, and basically the trail moved back around and went to the other side. And as I was going up the other side, I heard something whiz by my head.
Speaker 3: And as this all happened, it happened really quick.
Speaker 4: It was like I don't know if you've ever flicked a penny at your buddy, it goes and I felt something whizz by my head as I'm almost on all fours going back up this trail, like a little puff of dust went right in front of my head, and I'm thinking at the moment, I'm thinking, it's just like a timber tiger or something and a squirrel just running off.
Speaker 3: But that kind through me for a loop. And this is all in the same spot.
Speaker 4: Where a couple of years earlier I had been trying to hunt here because it's a general tag and I hadn't been able to peg for the unit where I live. I may to go probably three years back basically the same in out road one way in one way out. I was scouting to see if I could hunt here because it was the closest place that I could find where I'm over in the next unit. And basically I was riding my dirt bike. We were camping, and I just took off in the morning and rode up there to I'm definitely not a professional hunter. I was just seeing what I can see and taking a break from camp.
Speaker 3: And I got to a.
Speaker 4: Point where I saw there was a little drop off and I thought, Okay, that might be a good place to sit and wait for something to come by. And I got off my bike, shut it off and walked to the left the road and I probably got fifteen steps into the woods just coming on just in my ear, and the hair stood up, and I turned back, got on my bike, turned it around and went back. And I've told a few people about it. Most people were like, whatever, it was, probably cougar. And in my mind, I'm thinking, yeah, there might have been a cougar up in the tree. Like I don't know why cougar would growl if he was wanting to kill me or anything. But that was the first and then that year, basically opening day, I went up that same way, up that same road.
Speaker 3: It was early October. It was warm. As I came up the road, I had my window down and I hear a whistle right as I'm noticing that there's a log in the middle of the road, and I'm going to have to get out figure out what I'm going to do because I have a van, a two wheel drive van, and I heard a whistle.
Speaker 4: It was a human whistle, and other than that, it was silent besides the exhaust of my van. It was basically the same spot where that other thing had happened to me. So I'm thinking, Okay, I got out of the van, and you know, I had a side arm. I just shoved it in my pocket and got my chainsaw and went out and took care of the log, and the whole time I'm thinking there's something wanted me.
Speaker 3: It was just so weird.
Speaker 4: And I got it out of there and went up to camp and my brother came up a few days later, and nothing else happened on that weekend. But yeah, those are the two experiences that really changed my mind. I thought that these things might actually be real. And then there's a few other things I can talk about as well. There's one more thing that happened out on that same road that threw me for a loop. On the China Hat Road, I had just met a girl and she ended up.
Speaker 3: Being my wife for a while. We're divorced now.
Speaker 4: But we were on mountain bikes and we just were trailblazing through the the Pondrosa pine Duff off trail. It wasn't an actual trail. I've listened to podcasts for years and I'm always picturing things I've seen in my head.
Speaker 3: But basically it's.
Speaker 4: Just a volcanic area, sparse pondrosa pine, thin sagebrush, and ponderous pine needles which are long needles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were just trail blazed on the mountain bikes off road, which was crazy, and I was impressed how she did it, and it was like, cool, you can do this with me. Anyway, we came up to spot where there was a rise.
Speaker 4: It's a volcanic Back in the day, the pumas pushed up out of the Duff, So basically there's a wide, highly visible area and then there's a ridge of pumice which has been covered by duff throughout the years. We got off our bikes and we were just tripping around. I came up to a spot where there was a very young ponderosa pine with real green needles. I can't remember what time of year it was. It looked like something had pulled the needles out of the Pondrosa pine and made a nest basically like a bird's nest, but a very large bird's nest. It was right on the top of this little ridge.
Speaker 3: It's not a tall ridge.
Speaker 4: It's like basically you can trip your way down probably ten feet. But throughout the years hav an interest in this subject. I noticed that would be a perfect area to just hide in a little nest. And they were fresh. They had been pulled off of this little ponderosa pine and made in a circle basically so you could just hide yourself. And it wasn't during hunting seasons. I think it was early spring where the needles are real green.
Speaker 3: It tripped me out. I offered it up to her. I was like, what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: This is weird just to find out in the middle of the woods, basically away from any trails. There weren't any trails really around there. It's just basically like fire roads where people have made fire roads around here. You can basically drive through the pines and make a road and it won't recover, especially if people keep driving on it.
Speaker 3: But this was off of in the middle.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I'm not being highly observational at the moment, but if I could go back, I might have looked around a little more.
Speaker 3: But it just.
Speaker 4: Seemed odd and where it was placed was a perfect vantage point where you could see throughout the little valley, if you want to call it that.
Speaker 3: That's basically all.
Speaker 4: I got a few weird things actually in the same area where I'd had those experiences, the most recent ones. I was in camp I believe it was the same time I was up there with my uncle where we heard that thing thrashing the brush, and then that thing was by my head. I went to sleep in my tent. I was alone in the tent, and I woke up in the early morning before light. I would say it would be like three o'clock in the morning, just both awake, and I hear this like chattering, like teeth clicking together, and it goes by my tent. It could have very well have been a dream, but like a large teeth clattering or rocks being So that's it, man, Just quite a few little snippets of things that I've noticed in the woods here in central Organ. But yeah, they were all just interesting to my mind as a kid reading about it and for years listening to a podcasts like yours, which, by the way, man, your podcast is rad I think it's one of the best out there, and it sounds good.
Speaker 3: I got my feelers up on most of the podcasts.
Speaker 4: There's a few I've just basically deleted because it sounds like someone's reading something off of paper.
Speaker 3: But yours. You do a good job, man. It seems like you're interested in it, and that's cool. People think we're crazy, but.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't believe how many people tell me every week that I'm crazy as hell, not just for believing in Bigfoot and being interested in the subject in general, but for doing the about it and taking some of the shit that I take from people in the community because not everybody is a fan of how I approach things. I don't drink the Bigfoot kool aid, so it's very difficult for people to latch on a lot of times because I will challenge people and I talk about what I believe and what I don't believe. It's hard for people, but it's harder to do this kind of show because I want it to be a place where people can come and share their experiences without feeling like they're going to be judged, because I don't judge anybody. I had a guy on and said he had sex with a female sasquatch, dude. I will listen to anybody's story. Now, I don't know that guy's not badshit crazy, but it's his story, it's his experience, and I try to let everybody have the opportunity to do that. Let me ask you a couple of questions. I do want to go back and talk a little bit about the eye shine that you guys saw in the beginning, because that's something that's come up over and over again on the show about eyeshine and people seeing self illuminating eyes versus just regular eyeshine and some of those weird things. I know you've heard a lot of stories. What do you think about the difference in these things possibly having the ability to create their own self illuminating eye shine versus people maybe being a little hyped up on adrenaline and other things going on and then just seeing regular eye shine and thinking it something else.
Speaker 4: I think that if these things are real, in which I'm about ninety nine point three percent, that these things exist so they're few and fire between. But I think that if they do exist, they're basically nocturnal.
Speaker 3: I'm not a scientist, but it seems they.
Speaker 4: Would have I don't know how a night vision scope worked, but basically would let more light in that it would give out. I don't think they self illuminate, but I think that any light that is there, because as I'm remembering now, I'm thinking that we might have been shining a flashlight.
Speaker 3: It was so freaking long ago. I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: It seems like it would retract or reflect, basically be taking in the light that it's real and putting it out there. If you're a nocturnal creature, you're going to be dark. If that's the way you live, then you're gonna have all those abilities. I think that's basically what it would be.
Speaker 1: The other thing that gets me is about the vocalizations, the whistles, the whoops, the things that they do that draw attention to themselves. Like you said, you were going along, you heard this whistle. It wasn't a person. I'm assuming it wasn't a person. What do you think about that behavior. I think it's very interesting that something that could stay so hidden, something that can be so camouflaged and completely avoid detection. It's like they step out in front of cars and they whistle and do whoops when people are around, to draw your attention their way. What do you make of that behavior? Have you had time to think about that? Do you think that's something that they're doing or maybe it's something we just don't understand. They're vocalizing for another reason, maybe communicating with others or whatnot. What are your thoughts on the whistles, the whoops, and the vocalisation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought about that basically, those last three things that I experienced. I think that whistle was because it was basically in the same area where I heard that growl earlier on in the month, like just sitting there basically because it was a one way in, one way out road and they don't see much traffic there.
Speaker 3: It was about six thousand foot elevation. I think it was just warning it's fellas, okay, they're coming again.
Speaker 4: And the log was across the road, Hey, this is our spot.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen people here all year, maybe you on your motorbike earlier.
Speaker 4: But when I did get to the camp, which is an old forest service camp, which is really cool.
Speaker 3: It's got old tables up there. I think it was just warning because there's plenty of lakes up there.
Speaker 4: I didn't see any deer, but I'm not a good hunter, and basically that was probably two years into my experience trying to hunt.
Speaker 3: But I think that they were able to live up there.
Speaker 4: I think that there's spot and because they don't see too much traffic, I think they're just communicating through the woods.
Speaker 3: And it was a very loud whistle. It was not a bird whistle and it was just one whistle, just like basically, yeah, that sounded good. Yeah, it sounded like that. Yeah, because I noticed shit like that.
Speaker 4: And I noticed that because my window was down right as they pulled up to that lug, it was just like, hey, they're here again. And there was no one up at the camp, no one, and it's one way in, one way out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I think about that interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: Man. I really appreciate you rescheduling coming on and talking about your experiences. Again, it doesn't have to be the big sexy I saw it from ten feet away. In my opinion, I think there's something to be gleaned from everybody's experiences. Whether it was I felt something, I heard something, I think I saw something, I smelled something. There's a little bit of data to be extracted from every single encounter. So I really appreciate you taking the time coming on and talking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a kind of a get this set up, but I'm glad I did. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been nervous throughout the whole thing, but I'm glad I got it off my chest. I've tried a few other podcasts in the past, and I'm glad we got together.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy your podcast. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely appreciate it. It's always funny to me when people say they're nervous, and I get it. Everybody's used to doing this kind of stuff. I wasn't great at it when I started it and I started talking to people. I guess I was a little nervous too.
Speaker 2: They say, you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay happened.
Speaker 5: Chant this chod that chart every day came ricket back, pricket bags for joy, for me, Joy, stay right, you come in right away, steps, steps.
Speaker 6: Dotsas.
Speaker 5: State passes, states, as
Speaker 6: Ususses,