Speaker 1: Gentlemen, we are going to talk about the problem with Christmas this morning.
Speaker 2: Also, is it fun to stay at the y mc A. We're gonna talk about it.
Speaker 3: Uncensored, unfiltered, toun hinged. It's the Coral Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It is the carell cap I am corral. Oh my gosh, there's something going on with the audio. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: That's not a good thing. Check check check. Oh, we better figure this out. We be How about that?
Speaker 1: Is that better for y'all? No, well, we better figure out the sound. We got a show to do, baby, all right, Well.
Speaker 2: Let's figure it out.
Speaker 1: Let's get going.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of live, of live radio and live television. You never know what's gonna happen. And we don't know what's happening here, so, oh my goodness, we might have to start all over again. I'll see you all in five minutes. Don't go anywhere. I'll be back in five minutes and I will fix the audio. Okay, we gotta get you some sound going. I'll just do it live. Let's just do it.
Speaker 2: Live, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's see if that worked. Well, it's getting better. It's getting better. It'll be good for today. How about in the chat room? Tell me if that's good? There, I go, Okay, that's good. See, we're having the audio problems this morning. But that's the way life goes right. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. All right, So we got a lot to talk about today, hopefully you can hear me. And it starts with a story right out of the news that you just won't believe, okay, will you will not believe this story? So the Village People have been the gayest acts you know of all time, quite frankly, you know, I mean, why mci? And now they're threatening to sue anyone that says YMCA is a gay anthem.
Speaker 2: Can you believe this? Okay?
Speaker 1: The lead singer of the Village People, who is straight, said that he never intended YMCA to be a gay anthem. Never, He never wasn't on his mind at all for YMCA to be a gay anthem.
Speaker 2: Well it is a gay anthem, okay.
Speaker 1: And he says he's gonna sue anybody that says it's a gay anthem.
Speaker 2: Well, here I am.
Speaker 1: It's a gay anthem. It's fun to hang out with all the boys. He says, Oh, that's what we black people used to say. No, I just know the picture painted by that song is a big gay time at the YMCA. And for him to now say because now he's a Trump supporter, and for him to now say that, no, it's not a gay anthem, yeah, yeah it is. So they threatened starting in January to sue anybody that says it's a gay anthem. I think we should all because you know, the best defense for a lawsuit the truth. The truth is the best defense. So all you have to do is go to court and say, your honor. The man is dressed and he did this online yesterday dressed like a cop. So here is this three hundred pound black guy dressed like a cop. Okay, saying that the song about the YMCA is not a gay anthem. You can't make this up. What about in the Mayvie in the mavie, is that a gay antheone? How about that? I mean every song they had was a gay anthem. They played gay pride festivals, gay clubs. The movie they made, You Can't Stop the Music, was the gayest movie ever made. Okay, but it's not a gay anthem? Yeah, good luck, with that, Good luck with that. Just because Donald Trump decided that he wants to use the song and suddenly it's not a gay anthem, Yeah it is. And you know what, the writer of the song doesn't get to say what happens to that song once it's out in the world. In other words, maybe he didn't write it as a gay anthem. You know what, Maybe the Weather Girls did not write It's Raining Men as a gay anthem. Maybe they wrote it Paul Schaeffer wrote it. Actually, maybe Paul Schaeffer wrote it for single women everywhere. Okay, maybe in his mind when he wrote It's Raining Men, he thought, ah, this will be for you know, single women. But it became the gayest song on the planet. We Are Family by Sister Sledge. Now, first of all, they are family, they're sisters, and you know they were talking about the brotherhood or the sisterhood of their existence. You know, living life is fun and we'd just begun. So that became a gay anthem. Now did they intend it when they wrote it? And what about Diana Ross, I'm coming out. That song was originally written for Diana Ross to enter into the form when she was doing her television special she went to Nile Rogers, and she said, I need a song that will allow me to, you know, come into the form and make a big entrance. So Nile Rogers, who is gay, wrote I'm Coming Out and come in Out.
Speaker 2: That is like a gay anthem.
Speaker 1: Now did Nile Rogers write it to be a gay anthem?
Speaker 2: No, he wrote it for Diana Ross to make an entrance, but it became so.
Speaker 1: Songwriters don't get to choose how the public edifies their songs. Okay, so the village people don't get a say as to whether YMCA is a gay anthem or not.
Speaker 2: They don't get to make that decision.
Speaker 1: Culture and pop culture does, and pop culture has said from the very beginning that that song is a gay anthem. So if he doesn't like it, give back all the money you've made from the gay community. Never ever ever take another booking, and not that you'll beginning them at a gay pride festival, and back away from the gay community and watch your little career dry up. You are a grown man in a cop outfit that sings with a guy in an Indian outfit, a construction worker shirtless with his shirt all the way open.
Speaker 2: You are designed to be a gay group.
Speaker 1: Maybe no one told him, you know what, maybe he's lived almost seventy years without anyone saying, by the way, the whole reason you exist is to be a gay group. Three of the members of the Village People are gay, and yet the lead singers out there saying if you call this song a gay anthem, I will sue you. Well, go ahead, because you could go up to any person on the street and say do you know the song YMCA and they'll go yeah, And then say is that a gay anthem?
Speaker 2: And they'll go, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: So the writer doesn't get to say and if it bothers him, too bad.
Speaker 2: There have been so many.
Speaker 1: Songwriters bothered by how the public ended up in interpreting their songs. But you and I'm a songwriter, so trust me, I know this. As a songwriter, you don't get to say how the public interprets your work.
Speaker 2: It's art.
Speaker 1: Art is subjective. It's up to the listener, the viewer. It's up to the person looking at the painting.
Speaker 2: It is not up you know. Oftentimes you'll look at a painting and.
Speaker 1: You'll think, oh, I bet the artist was feeling this or feeling that, and then you'll find out that's not at all what.
Speaker 2: They were feeling. The same with pop songs.
Speaker 1: There's so many pop songs we think we know the meaning of and we don't. I almost did a show called song Scribes for being My Music, which was about this very thing, like the song by Dana Ross called Muscles Ahwan Muscles that was written by Michael Jackson about his snake muscles. Okay, it wasn't about wanting a big man all over your body. About one of the most famous love songs ever written. What's written to adult So I want to support the Corel cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corel channel.
Speaker 2: Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash.
Speaker 1: Really Correl that's k r e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blog including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome to all the chatters at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Corell. I hope you're all having a grand and glorious morning. So I was thinking this morning about Christmas, and you know, more than any other year, I feel this year Christmas is being forced upon us. It literally is being shoved down our throats. And I think that's the problem I have with Christmas. Nowadays we are told shop on this Friday, go online and shop on this Monday, and this many days till Christmas, and people put up their decorations now before Thanksgiving. Stores start advertising Christmas in October. Christmas is shoved down our throats for three months, and not for the right reasons, not for family and for love and for the sharing of kindness and joy. It is shoved down our throats for commercialism. And that is the big problem that I'm having and possibly your having with Christmas, because this year we don't want it shoved down our throats. With Donald Trump winning the election and now Ron DeSantis might be our secretary of Defense. Are you freaking kidding me?
Speaker 2: Okay? Ron de Santis?
Speaker 1: And so as we hear about this non stop cavalcade of horror, we're not feeling very festive. But every day Christmas is being crammed down our throats, and so I think many of us, myself included, are kind of rebelling. You know, It's like we've had it shoved down our throats since October. Christmas decorations have been up for months already. My neighbor downstairs put up their decorations the day after Halloween.
Speaker 2: Christmas should not be shoved down our throats.
Speaker 1: Christmas is something that we should organically want to participate in because we want to feel the joy. We want to feel the friendship and camaraderie from family and friends. We want to give gifts to special people. Not we have to, and we have to buy them on these days because that's when the deals are going to be the problem with Christmas is that it's become too big a business, and like everything, the pendulum is swinging at least for me, and the pendulum for me is swinging to where I kind of don't even want to participate. You know, if I had enough money, I would spend Christmas at one of the hotels here. I would check in on Christmas Eve to Resort World where Crossroads Kitchen is because it's vegan. I would check in on Christmas Eve, have a lovely Christmas Eve. Maybe do Christmas Eve? Yeah, no, I'd check in on Christmas Eve, wake up Christmas morning at the hotel, have some breakfast in bed, you know, go down and look at their decorations that morning, have a fabulous lunch at Crossroads Kitchen. You know, just something different, I don't you know the notion? And if you don't have family and friends to be with, this whole forced idea of family at Christmas, well you don't have a lot of people to celebrate with, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Well, what's wrong with me is I'm a single gay man living in Las Vegas. That's what's wrong with me.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's like, oh, well, you don't have tons of family, and so you're actually made to feel bad if you don't have tons of family to celebrate with, and you're made to feel badly if you don't spend a lot of money on gifts, and you're made to feel badly if you don't send out a card, and you're made to feel badly. If you know all of these things, No wonder most of us are going eh.
Speaker 2: When you have something.
Speaker 1: Forced upon you, you resist, You're like no. And so I don't know about you, but I would very much like Christmas to go back to being a short holiday. In other words, don't start it till the day after Thanksgiving, all right, and have an end December twenty sixth, over less than one month of Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'm all for that.
Speaker 1: And you say, well, Correll, you can celebrate Christmas however you want to celebrate Christmas. If people, no, that's not true at all. Avertime, you know what, I can't go anywhere now. It's December, okay, But in November, like early November, if I went in.
Speaker 2: A store, they were already playing Christmas carols.
Speaker 1: Christmas carols are some of the most depressing fucking songs ever written. Okay, Christmas carols make you sad. There's very few Christmas carols that make you happy. Why do you think Mariah Carey makes a ton of money. She has one of the few Christmas songs that doesn't make you sad.
Speaker 2: All the others like white Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones.
Speaker 2: I used to know.
Speaker 1: So here's this guy. He's not having a Christmas that he likes. He's not around snow, he's not around all the things that he loves. What a depressing fucking song? Have yourself? Ah, Merry Little Christmas. That's one of the most depressing songs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Make the Yule Tides gay from now on, our troubles will be miles away, meaning we have tons of troubles. We're just gonna put them aside for Christmas. Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on, our troubles will be out of sight.
Speaker 2: So again, troubles here.
Speaker 1: We are as in olden days, happy golden days of your So looking back again, faithful friends who are near to us gathered dear to us once more. In the end, we'll all be together if the fates allow. So, if the fates allow, we might see each other. Well, that was about the war. They didn't Their men were overseas through the years. We'll all be together if the fates allow. Until then, we'll have to muddle through. Somehow, we'll have to muddle through. And this is a happy Christmas through. No Christmas carols are depressing, although it is cool that Silent Nights stopped a war during World War One or World War Two.
Speaker 2: They were in the trenches.
Speaker 1: I think it was the Germans and the Americans, maybe the French, and they all started singing. Yeah, it was the Germans and the Americans, and they all started singing Silent Night, and they came out of the trenches and gave each other gifts of cigarettes and different things. And then the next day got back in the trench and started blowing the shit out of each other again.
Speaker 2: But that song stopped a war for one night.
Speaker 1: But even that song, it was written for the guitar because the organ at the church was out of commission and they didn't have a Christmas song. They had to write a new one, so they wrote one for a guitar so the guy could strum away and play. So a lot of Christmas carols are not happy little ditties. Deck the halls, that's good. That's an up tempoie happy one. Deck the halls with bows of holly. But where do you get holly these days?
Speaker 2: Truly? Where do you go out this? I'd like a bow of holly? Please?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Can you imagine walking into target? Where are your bows of holly?
Speaker 2: Pardon me?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I need a bow of holly?
Speaker 1: Well for what to deck my halls? So we have Christmas forced down our throats. And here's what you do. Resist say no, celebrate the season the way you want to celebrate. If you don't want turkey and ham on Christmas, don't have it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm a vegan.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't want to be around everybody in the free world, take yourself on a cruise, go on a vacation, fly away somewhere, have the Christmas you want.
Speaker 2: To have in the time you want to have it.
Speaker 1: I am not letting one Christmas carol play in this house until December twentieth. So December twentieth through December twenty sixth a week. I can have a week of Christmas carols because they make me sad. They make me miss people, They make me miss all of my friends and family. They make me miss Daniel Charleston, my first Christmas without him.
Speaker 2: He's dead. You know, I don't. I don't want to deal with all that. So one week of Christmas frongs. That's how I'm doing. And if I could go spend it at a hotel, I would. If I could take.
Speaker 1: Aware for Christmas, I would.
Speaker 2: Problem with Christmas is now, it is mandeful, It's a legacy in age and wes the now celebrating grips.
Speaker 1: Thanks shit, hey Corell here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me.
Speaker 2: And the show.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward slash Really Correll.
Speaker 2: There's so much great free.
Speaker 1: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon, forward slash Really Correl. Thanks from thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 2: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 1: Well, I seem to have gotten a Christmas Carol discussion going in the chat room at YouTube dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward slash Early Carell. Rachel likes jingle bells and white Christmas.
Speaker 1: I only like the barbarstrysand version of jingle bells. I don't like the regular one. I like Barber's hers.
Speaker 2: Is it's weird. So jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way? What fun it is to ride on one horse open slay? Hey, jingle bells, jingle bell jingle all the way? Oh, what fine it is to ride on a one horse open slay.
Speaker 1: I love her version dashing through the feards of white happing this happy Christmas night.
Speaker 2: Off we go through this, noe bells are ringing, We'll be singing.
Speaker 1: Jason Momoa says it's not Christmas without the barberstry Sand album. He talked about making that album in her book, You Know, here's a big jew making a Christmas album. She didn't want to do it, but her label said do it, you know. And there are some happy Christmas now the Puppeni Sisters. I love the Puppeni Sisters. They make all the Christmas into Hawaiian songs. And then bet Middler has a Christmas album and it's gotten Melee Kiliki Maka is the what. So there are some fun songs and those are the ones I'll play the week before Christmas.
Speaker 2: I don't need to hear them from October on. I don't.
Speaker 1: In October it was still one hundred here and I and I would go into a store and they're playing White Christmas, which used to mean cocaine in the eighties. If I had a white Christmas because I was doing coke. But so, yeah, Christmas songs are great, some of them, but most of them. George Michael and Waam God to love that. Last Christmas, I gave you my hunt, but the very next day you gave it away. And even that's sad. This you to save me from tears, I'll give it to somebody special. Even that song has a depressing element to it. Last Christmas, I gave you my heart and you ripped it out, stomped it on the ground, and destroyed it. So this Christmas, I'll try giving it to somebody else. That's depressing.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: Last Christmas, Yeah, then you sew it onto the ground.
Speaker 2: And do you know what song always makes me cry? Now? This is the song that makes me cry at Christmas.
Speaker 1: And if I'm ever in an acting scene and I need to cry, I just think of this song because it reminds me of Andrew. Because Andrew, my late husband who passed away in two thousand and one, loved Do they know it's Christmas?
Speaker 2: It's Chris Ristmas time? And even that song, what a sad song that is.
Speaker 1: There are starving people out in the world, just starving, so we ought to help them.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a depressing song. It's Christmas time.
Speaker 1: There's no reason to be afraid at Christmas time, you know, do they know it's Christmas time at all? And in our world of plenty, we must share a smile of joy, place your arms around the world at Christmas time. So even that song, it's kind of sad at Christmas, all right. So the problem with Christmas is it's two shoved down our throats now, so resist do it your way. Set boundaries. Tell your family no Christmas carols until this date. You know, no, I'm going shopping at this time. Set boundary. Don't let Christmas gobble you hole, because it will, you know it will. And I don't get these people that go all out, I mean all out.
Speaker 2: There's a lady here.
Speaker 1: Her patio makes me nauseous every time I pass by. It's like a bad acid trip. There are so many projectors of snowflakes and so many blinking lights. If I were epileptic, I'd have a seizure right there by her patio. I mean, just walking by it is like the worst acid trip at a nineteen seventies disco. All she needs is a giant Christmas mirror ball, because she's got the snowflake projectors and the candy cane projectors and the blinking lights and the lights wrapped around her balcony, and she's got giant snowflakes and snowmen, and the.
Speaker 2: Balcony ain't but this big.
Speaker 1: And I mean it looks like the north Pole threw up on her balcony every night when I walk by it.
Speaker 2: If I look at it, I go into a trance.
Speaker 1: I mean, this woman has gone out for a balcony this big.
Speaker 2: She must have had a huge.
Speaker 1: House, because I mean, it's just I don't get those people. They spend like five days decorating their house. Why I can go to a light show. I don't need you to do that. Although it used to be fun to drive through certain neighborhoods where all the houses were all done up, and I used to look at them and think, gee, they have a lot of free time. I never once looked at and thought, I want to do that. I looked at and thought, God, they have a lot of free time. All right, Well, I purposely didn't do any world news today. We don't know what's going on in South Korea. The president declared martial law. Then the parliament said and a, and now they want to impeach the president for declaring martial law. And he declared it because he didn't like the political activities that were going on.
Speaker 2: Does that sound familiar?
Speaker 1: Do you think that's something Trump would do when he gets in office, if he doesn't like the resistance, if he doesn't like the left wing, that he would suddenly declare martial law and stop all political campaigning, all political news. He already says he's going to sign an executive order that will make it illegal to label anything misinformation illegal. It'll be illegal to call a lie a lie under Donald Trump. That's possibly the most scary executive order that I've heard. He's going to do to make it illegal to call disinformation disinformation. In other words, you will not be able to call a lie a lie. That's scary, if you ask me, that's really scary. So we'll see how that goes. He plans on spending the entire first day in office issuing executive orders. He's going to start deportations in Miami, Florida, where his votes went up in the Latin community in Miami fifteen percent. It's the first time a Republican won Miami since nineteen eighty eight, and he's going.
Speaker 2: To start his deportations there. I'll teach him, won't it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to laugh when all these Hispanics are boohoo crying because their abbolita's been torn out of their house, their brother or sister has been told.
Speaker 2: I'm going to laugh hysterically.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna feel one bit of pity when he starts deporting people's relatives and when they start screaming because he's canceling all the work visas, when they start screaming that they can't buy fruits and vegetables and all of that, I'm going to laugh hysterically.
Speaker 2: Oh I'll suffer too, but.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna laugh. I'm going to laugh as Maga starts screaming about what he's going to do to them, and he's gonna Prices are gonna.
Speaker 2: Skyrocket for food.
Speaker 1: People are going to be ripped away from their families, by the military.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for black men to be incarcerated in record numbers, to have the police and the military now shooting young black people who voted for Donald Trump, as they scream, but.
Speaker 2: I voted for you. I thought you were gonna be nice to us. Yeah, uh huh, yep. Now I don't want anyone shot.
Speaker 1: I don't want the police to shoot young black men, young Hispanic men, but they're going to. Under Donald Trump, police and military violence is going to jump way up because no one's gonna do anything about it. He is going to give police the power of ice, That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Immigration and Customs going to give rank and file police. What do you think they're gonna do with it? I am parrel. Do you think you love me if I don't hurt somebody?
Speaker 1: Looking back, Tomile with better audio, sorry it, Beth got to say, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Why it is. I'll figure it out though I have no thought, but that matters down below my video thirty.
Speaker 3: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the corell cast don your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 2: Yours.
Speaker 3: Listen daily to the corell Cast on your favorite streaming service.