Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what time we got here today.
Speaker 3: Are we in a space time continuum?
Speaker 2: Somewhere? There's a rip kenon Farren deserves a superhero key.
Speaker 4: I love this woman.
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 3: Where did that come from? Did you just muffle your voice to the other room make me feel better?
Speaker 2: I did not do that. I would not do that. No, you would not know, because you would find it. You would know if it.
Speaker 3: Was I would.
Speaker 1: Although I've known some of your characters are actually you.
Speaker 3: You haven't done any characters. Oh stop, I do will do some characters.
Speaker 2: I realized there was one thing side story before we get into our trending stories. Sharon Bellio called me one time. This would have been a few years ago now. Sharon Bellio called me and asked me to do a character on Conway Show. But apparently nobody told Conway that it was me. So when I come on, I am this super annoying. I don't even remember what the topic was, but I'm trying to answer these questions or he's asking questions and I'm being annoying and had this weird crazy voice on and he hung up on me.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, and he did not think it was funny at all.
Speaker 2: Now, had he known it was me, he might have played along with it a little bit more. And but I don't think anybody told him that it was me ever, Like to this day, I don't know. And see, here's the thing is, I don't really remember what the character was. I just remember that hung up on me, and I was, well, this could be.
Speaker 1: The fight that everyone talks about that that goes on with the Conway Show. Nobody really knows the details, but there's something that happened on that show, I want to say, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: It's all inside baseball.
Speaker 1: Nobody really knows the story, but I think it involves a caller that Conway didn't like, and he has never stopped chastising really the entire crew about you know who we let on that show.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was that could have been the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, bottom of the hour, we'll get into what you watch on Wednesday, So let us know what it is that you have been watching. What is the great show that's got you by the short and curly so you need us to watch it as well.
Speaker 1: Ye leave us a talk way upset. It's like it's like Picture Santa, but upset.
Speaker 3: It's terrifying. It's a horror moone. Does he get quiet? Does he get like horror prison movie?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've only heard about it.
Speaker 2: What else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: These big trending stories going on today? California staring down the barrel of a twelve billion dollar budget deficit. Governor Newsom shared the number today as he laid out the three hundred and twenty two billion dollars state spending plan for the upcoming fiscal year. Hasn't fully detailed how we're going to come up with twelve billion dollars, but he says it will require difficult but necessary decisions. He has proposed, among other things, freezing enrollment in state funded healthcare for more illly immigrants starting next year. That's all.
Speaker 3: You ever find a nude person in your bed? I mean, okay, not quite like this.
Speaker 1: I bet there is somebody who lives in Echo Park who made this disturbing discovery.
Speaker 3: Over Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: He found a stranger sleeping nude in his bed.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Maybe in college, like if somebody was spending the night and you didn't know they had people spending the night or whatever, and they used your bedroom, maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeh, strangers in the house, but not in my bed.
Speaker 1: So Michael Dwarty happens to be an NBC four sports writer and he found his home ransacked late Saturday night. Food from the pantry and the fridge had been taken out. Things were just scattered across the kitchen. He thought a wild animal got in. Under closer inspection, he finds the glass of his back door had been smashed. And he looks in his bedroom and he sees a naked man sleeping in his bed. He said, it was like golds from three Bears, but there was no little bear, no goalilocks, just.
Speaker 3: Some naked dude. How nice of an evening is that?
Speaker 1: And break into an ICCE home an echo park, you get some snacks, take off your clothes, get into.
Speaker 2: A comfy bed, Michael said. As he was being walked away in cuffs the bad guy and thrown into the back of the squad car, he was yelling to me and my friends and all the also the officers, I'm going to kill you ah.
Speaker 3: A succulent Chinese male.
Speaker 2: He had clogged the toilet with dowls, eaten an entire box of ice cream sandwiches and a box of Beyond Beef burger patties.
Speaker 3: I love ice cream sandwiches.
Speaker 2: I feel awful for the plumbing system at Twin Towers, Do you that's what did it? In and Out, don't shoot me, don't shoot the messenger here. There are significant changes coming to In and Out's recipes.
Speaker 3: No, there's not. I feel like we should have some serial music for.
Speaker 2: This, dramatic music.
Speaker 3: Here are the recipes.
Speaker 1: Is what makes America doesn't like change.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what kind of like scary music?
Speaker 2: Gospel?
Speaker 3: No, definitely. The Lord did not have a hand in this. This is for Christmas.
Speaker 1: I don't have any In and Out is changing the recipes for are you ready? Strawberry shakes, the signature pink lemonade, and ketchup.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be Oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: They're going to be phasing out synthetic food dies by the end of next year, including that red dye number three. It's been linked to increase cancer risks, So so go the pink products, the strawberry shake, the pink lemonade and the.
Speaker 2: Ketchup interesting because I think people are going to react to this and go I don't want Galdiaria blue in my food, even though it's a natural food extract.
Speaker 3: It's a butterfly. It's a butterfly pe.
Speaker 2: Extract or the calcium phosphate, again a natural food colorant. But people don't see it that way. They would rather have something red dye number three quick gas.
Speaker 3: Go around in honor of Conway and not making him mad.
Speaker 1: In what Los Angeles city town area was In and Out founded? We all know it came from southern California. Which city was it founded in?
Speaker 7: Elmer?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I love you to pick a name, pick a city?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: The pressure never.
Speaker 3: Pick any city in southern California.
Speaker 1: What's a city like Montabello, Pasadena?
Speaker 3: Great idea?
Speaker 8: No, I'm gonna say Garden Grove.
Speaker 1: Strong choice, No, Deborah? Do you venture a guest? They do have vegan things that John brings you. Echo Park, Echo Park, solid guests. No, oh downy No. Baldwin Park. Oh, Baldwin Park is where In and Out was founded in nineteen forty eight.
Speaker 2: That's why we love them? Is that why That is one of the many reasons I like it because of their donkey style, animal style, right, whatever style?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 2: Don't anybody answer that. There's two things I want to hear from you on the talk back. What you're watching this week? And what you think donkey style is from in and out donkey style? What is happening to you over there? Donkey style?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You need a Superherokay, that's what you need.
Speaker 3: Do you what your Jeopardy question?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 4: I don't Okay, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you think about it, he is a Secretary of Health and Human Services. But how often is a doctor the Secretary of Health and Human Services?
Speaker 2: And how often could you quote the Secretary of Health and Human Services? Javierbrisera was the Secretary of Health and Human Service exactly.
Speaker 1: I think there's only been three in the past thirty years or something that have been doctors. Actually, the last secretary in Trump's regime was an endocrinologist, I think anyway.
Speaker 3: Female R F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy Junior was asked if he'd vaccinate his own children for measles. He replied, probably for measles, then quickly pivoted and said, my opinions about vaccines are irrelevant. He said, I don't think people should be taking advice medical advice from me.
Speaker 2: The ongoing trial of Shandy Combs took a short break a short time ago. Cassie Ventura, of course, his ex girlfriend, has been on the stand now for more than a day, and asked quickly for the judge to give her a short break. She's been testifying about some of the absolutely humiliating, degrading physical violence that she endured and thinking.
Speaker 3: About this all when she's eight and a half months pregnant. Yeah, my god.
Speaker 2: We have a chance for you to win a thousand dollars here, saw you pick it up?
Speaker 4: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website Bills Bills, b I L L S. Enter it now at kf I AM six forty dot com. Slash cash powered by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million, that's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: What tell me some of these comments.
Speaker 2: Uh, the keyword is bills. It goes on the website and then if you win a thousand bucks, we'll let you know via email. And of course an hour from now, John Cobalt during the John Covelt Show is going to give you a chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Pros Sports Teams by Mascot for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I like, I just want to be clear. I like this topic.
Speaker 3: I know you do. A green alien named orbit. Remember how much you like this? A green alien named orbit. Here's a hint.
Speaker 2: Oh the hoses, good job. I was my head was going to be just take out the green because they go by rocket City. Now they're alternate Jersey rocket City.
Speaker 3: An astro from you know the jetson.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. What in the world is Donkey style and in and out?
Speaker 10: Donkey style animal fries.
Speaker 2: Animal fries, You're welcome. No, I think it's more than.
Speaker 4: Hey, Gary and Shannon, Donkey style must be referring to the wife.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we're not going to play that one. WHOA, I don't know what that.
Speaker 4: Gary, Shannon.
Speaker 7: I think the Donkey style I inn't out is PAULI you put enough patties or cheese on a burger where it'll.
Speaker 5: Give you a fat ass, get into a fat ass.
Speaker 3: I like that too easy.
Speaker 2: I don't know about donkey style, but there is a movie called Donkey Punch Yeah, and I'll leave you to look up what the plot line is about.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Donkey style.
Speaker 6: That's why you're old.
Speaker 2: You are a savage, Sandon Farren. So, Hey, Donkey style style, there you go.
Speaker 5: Donkey style is similar to monkey style, but with Donkey style they use a stick of butter and some chip beef.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds pretty good.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 10: Garyan Shannon Jake out here in thousand Oh?
Speaker 2: This week?
Speaker 10: I'm watching Ransom Canyon. I did that, And donkey style is where they take the bun special sauce, patty cheese, grilled onions, fries, patty cheese, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato special sauce.
Speaker 3: Sign me up and it may say hee ha ha, what have we done?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 5: Gary? Hey, Shannon Matt from the I E. Mattlono. Donkey style would be the meat on the outside of the bun. It was from a patron back in the day and he would always order everything backwards to the meat outside the bun, and then the bun and then the spread on top. And somebody asked the person, like, what's the order and they said or.
Speaker 3: That he always orders that.
Speaker 2: See, it's the thing you stumbled into something, Keana, did you have a guess as to what donkey style was?
Speaker 8: Well, the other one, the second to last one, where it was all the layers of the burger, it was kind of that. But mine is the fries with cheese, a chopped up burger on top of the cheese with grilled onions and animals style.
Speaker 1: Yes, hello, and yes, this is exactly why I created monkey style for this donkeys whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, let's not get it confused, because if you stop by on the way home from work today and you're like, I'd like monkey donkey style.
Speaker 8: So the rumor of the monkey style burger, I had to look it up. It's it's a myth apparently, but it's animal style fries, chili and mustard.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought I made that one up to still hilly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't sell chili. YEA well that you know of, there's some background chilli. Stop by Wendy's and get the chili and make your own.
Speaker 1: Somebody runs over to the Wendy gets the chili, comes back and throws it on your fries.
Speaker 2: Happy monkey donkey style. Nobody needs to be throwing chili. What nobody?
Speaker 3: Why Chili's delicious?
Speaker 2: I'm disagreeing with you. We do have a.
Speaker 3: Story about a hiker. I guess we'll just make it real quick.
Speaker 1: I thought it was interesting because this rock climber's with his buddies and there are hiking. I think it's the Cascades in Washington. His friends fall off the mountain and die. He survives the fall, is able to hike to his car, and then finds a payphone. I mean, like, what are the odds that he would survive the fall and find a payphone in the same.
Speaker 2: Day, twelve hours of suffering internal bleeding and head traumas hell, and he was able to still get out. They all dropped about two hundred feet into a slanted gulch and then went down another two hundred feet before they came to a stop on the mountain that they were on. This is why I don't go hiking, you know, for this reason? Well you would, I don't think you would definitely not go. They said that there was a piton a metal spike wedged into the rock. Crevices also found still clipped to one of the climber's ropes, and they believe there's no other reason that would be hooked onto the rope unless it pulled out of the rock. Somehow they were going in an area and then turned around when they saw a storm coming.
Speaker 3: Two shows Gary Loved He Fell Out of Love with last night.
Speaker 1: Well we'll find out what those are. I've got Wicked news, HBO news, and what are you watching? Let us snow we'll all tackle it next.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: A couple local things just for this afternoon. ANGELUS National officials are doing a prescribed burn near Mount Baldy, so that's what that is. Also, in Beverly Hills at about one o'clock, they're going to be testing their outdoor warning sirens, so that's what that is.
Speaker 2: These are.
Speaker 3: All supposed to be happening a.
Speaker 2: Lot of that today. And we had a fire drill here we building, and we had a silver alert come across my phone while we were in the middle of the show. It's time for what you watch on Wednesday, Living Color.
Speaker 3: But you're watching in there. Americans love television. They win their kids.
Speaker 6: USA television, Mancha Beta.
Speaker 5: We've got watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll get to my shows in a minute, of course.
Speaker 2: The good ones that we've been talking talking about from HBO Max You've got which is now HBO Max again. But we've got Hacks with Jeane Smart and Hannah Einbinder and Einbender who also has a stand up special out. Okay, but I saw and it wasn't I saw the preview for I haven't seen it, but not.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'll give it a shot. How's that. The other one is Your Friends and Neighbors with John Hamm. Yeah, rich guy starts losing his money and has to turn to a life of crime.
Speaker 3: Shall we He's such a likable character. He seems like such a likable guy. It's just an easy watch. Love Hotel, Love Hotel.
Speaker 1: Somebody on this show told me about Love Hotel on the talkback feature last week around this time, and I gave it a watch and it was instant. It was like somebody who takes to heroin. Right away, I was like, oh, yeah, this is my alley. It's housewives, former housewives, current housewives who are single, and they're all in their forties and fifties and sixties, and they're thrown into this mansion someplace tropical and they bring in these unsuspecting dudes. I mean, the dudes know why they're there, but they don't know anything about these housewives. They don't know all the drama that has ensued for the past ten, fifteen, twenty years. And and there's no recognition. I mean, some of them know the show, but nobody really know of it. Maybe in passing, but none of these guys have watched the show. They don't know who these women are in their antics, and I mean it is it's just like every other Bravo property. It's entertaining and a little sad. So yeah, I mean, but it's good. I mean, it's it's it's a guilty pleasure. I will say that only three episodes are out so far. Louanne is lu Aanne from New York is there Luandela sps. Money can't buy you class. You know you know her, Shannon Madoor out of Orange County, who I love, she's in it, and a couple of other ladies Giselle and I think Holly is her name from another city. And it's just the dudes too. Some of the dudes they bring in just like, what are you doing? They're just bringing in these dudes for a reaction from these women who you know, they've been in the public eye for a long time. They fancy themselves as celebrities, you know. I mean, there's a portion of people that watch the house waves to watch the train wreck, but there is a great portion of people who view them as celebrities. And when they see an average guy being brought in as a potential suitor, some of them are.
Speaker 3: Like, are you kidding? Do you know who I am?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you in what worlds? Am I going to hook up with that guy? Kind of a vibe, which is also kind of sad.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you like the Love Hotel.
Speaker 5: I also watch all for a lot of the other Housewives shows, Atlanta, Potomac, the.
Speaker 7: Beverly Hill.
Speaker 3: That's just a lot of time. Yeah, I used to watch a lot more of the Housewives. I haven't watched them in a while.
Speaker 2: I mentioned HBO Max was then well, HBO became HBO Max, then became Max. Now they're back to HBO Max. In a press release explaining all of this. Warner Brothers Discovery, which owns it, said the evolution came after months of MAX pairing down its offerings. They were deprioritizing other genres. They removed hundreds of hours of the Discovery branded reality shows that the Max name was meant to encompass. Here's the thing, I don't know anybody who just called it Max. Everybody still referred to it as HBO Max. Yeah, which is still more than you could have just called it h Well, HBO would have been just fine as well.
Speaker 6: Hey Gary, and it's the cords, like King, what you'd be watching? I'd be watching Ex Territorial on Netflix, really good stuff, but ex Special Forces lady who goes to the US consulate and with the child, and the child goes missing and the movie revolves around her finding out what happened to him. It's a good one, nice twist at the end.
Speaker 2: Good trailer that I checked out during the break. It's a German film.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if you watch it with subtitles, do you watch it with the English language dubbed over it? But it is a it is a German film.
Speaker 1: There was a true crime movie I just watched on Netflix, American Marriage.
Speaker 3: What Debra, you watched that movie? That show? It was a movie documentary type movie.
Speaker 8: It is called hang On because I texted you back to my text what it's called.
Speaker 3: It's a story about a deadly American marriage. A deadly American marriage.
Speaker 1: That was a fun watch a couple hours if you're into true crime about a guy who loses his wife. He's got a couple of kids. He ends up hooking up and marrying the nanny and he ends up dead and and her and her father. Was it self defense or was he the nefarious character. It's kind of one of those fun watches if you're into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 7: Today I am watching the Mister Mo Kelly Show live stream every single week.
Speaker 6: Man. I love that that sum will cast. That's awesome. Man. You guys got to get in on that someday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do that on the on the youtube' as a matter of fact for Mo.
Speaker 9: Yeah, good afternoon, Gary and Shannon. Love you guys calling in about what you're watching.
Speaker 5: Wednesday.
Speaker 9: I just finished watching four Seasons on Netflix and correct, we saw that good show especially if you're in your fifties and still have friends from high school or college. So yeah, yeah, I love you guys, have a great day.
Speaker 3: That was a fun watch. We talked about that last week. I think we both watched that.
Speaker 2: Up next, a few more of these, including the two shows I fell out of Love with.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 2: Our trio of trailers is up on the website. The new full trailer for Superman upcoming. Speaking of DC, Peacemaker season two is out with John Cena. The trailer is up, and then Bob Odenkirk, who was great in the movie Nobody, is back for the trailer for Nobody.
Speaker 1: To Can I guess what one of the shows you fell out of love with?
Speaker 3: What platform it's on? Can I guess? Sure?
Speaker 2: Max? Both of them? HBO, Max, both of them? Yeah, yeah, because they changed the name. That's why I fell out of love.
Speaker 3: No, no, not sure.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why we come back.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of what you're watching Wednesday, Saron.
Speaker 7: Jen As you started watching poker Face last night and down two episodes of far Early with the Lodge talk to the thank you perker.
Speaker 2: Face Natasha Lee.
Speaker 1: I feel like I tried to watch season one and I was rubbed wrong the wrong way by her. I think she's very talented, she's why are you looking like?
Speaker 2: Because I have the same feeling about her, and I don't want I don't know why.
Speaker 3: She's perfectly lovely, she's beautiful. I don't know why. And I just was like, Oh, this isn't for me.
Speaker 1: And then I was reading a review of season two and it looks like something that I would totally be into.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what it was. I have the same feeling, and I'm not sure why. There was another show that she was in called Russian Dolls or Russian Doll and I didn't watch it for that reason. I started, and we got a few episodes in and it just didn't catch.
Speaker 3: I don't know why it did not catch. What's wrong with us?
Speaker 2: We're picky people, but with that much stuff on television that we can be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what I'm watching. Start watching Madame's Secretary. It's like ten years old or something. It's kind of funny because at least a bad guy in the show who represents the Ukraine, his name Zinsky.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I mean it's not like that's an unusual that's h Tayloni and Tim Day in Madame Secretary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's a couple of shows that I really enjoy watching. Uh, and they're both on HBO Max, the newly renamed HBO Max.
Speaker 1: I fell out of love of them started watching. I'm just going to foreshadow the rehearsal. And I felt like the topic this season of pilots and how pilots interact with each other before a plane crashes.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to be an old fuddy duddy, but that's a little too serious of a topic for me to giggle at to be funny about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I Nathan Fielder is the driest, darkest dark He's the driest comedian I've ever seen. And how he stays straight faced during some of the stunts that he did, especially in the first season of the rehearsal, seem Uh. He's amazing. But there is part of that which is like, yeah, I don't think it's funny when we're talking about air disasters. I mean there is a dark there can be a dark, uncomfortable laugh about some of the things that he's talking about. But a couple episodes in you're dealing with not just I mean, he's not just dealing with asking the communications questions between a first officer and a captain and an airline a cockpit, but he kind of diverts off into like an American Idol spin off and then picks out one of these pilots that he's introduced as a character. It was a real pilot. It was just an unlikable a hole the entire time, and.
Speaker 3: It just what episode are you on? I think that's just the second episode. Okay, So Victor who used to work care text is Nathan Fielder.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, I texted me yesterday. I have a suggestion for what you watch on Wednesday. Have you seen the new season of Rehearsal? I said, I just started it yesterday. I watched like the first five minutes of episode one, and I realized I shouldn't watch it before bed because it's about plain disasters. He wrote, bra tell me when you watch episode three. Oh, he said, episode two is funny, and in episode three I had to pause the show because I was laughing so hard.
Speaker 2: Well, then I'll give it a shot. I sometimes can appreciate his humor. Yeah, so maybe there's that. The other one that I saw HBO Max that I thought, The Righteous Gemstones, Yeah, I feel like, gosh, you guys did such a seasons. Yeah, I mean they're replaying some of the same jokes. It's The Righteous Gemstones is a story about a televangelist family and how completely un Christian they are, but they have this megachurch that's nationwide, worldwide, and.
Speaker 1: The great premise, great actors, really funny first couples, first couple of seasons, and then they started getting a little weird.
Speaker 2: They got weird, they got a little bit caught in the same cycle of jokes like we're gonna astound you with people you wouldn't expect to be doing these crazy, uh like sexual antics that kind of like John Goodman and Megan Malally in a very compromising position, and.
Speaker 1: I was like that, I don't want to sign up for that. It's just that I woke up this morning. I didn't think to myself today, I'd like to see John Goodman have sex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good for him, but not for me. I mean the male pole dancing scene where Anne's face planted on the stage was funny.
Speaker 1: John Goodman, I decided I was all full up on male pole dancing after I saw you on the pole at that bar in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I didn't do a whole lot, no, but it.
Speaker 1: Was so good that I felt like I'm done here. I've seen all I need to see forever. That chapter of your life is closed. Box was checked. Well, I'm glad I could help you out. Then, Yeah, your bucket list is a little short. There we go, all right. John Cobelchow is coming up next. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Blessings.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap