Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Policy and Rights.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: Gosh, Welcome to Policy.
Speaker 4: That Human joys.
Speaker 1: Alright, welcome back to Policy and Writes here in Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host Michael Clarks. So, uh we have a recording of uh Donald Trump and President Ramoposa of UH South Africa, and Donald Trump is is is going to make some accusations, accusations saying that Ramo Posa is putting a situation in place in South Africa that is causing a genocide, in which case Donald Trump has already resettled sixty uh Uh africaners from South Africa into the United States, saying that they were fleeing a political genocide. So a little bit of history about South Africa. Of course, we know they coming into the nineteen nineties that there were there were many global protests around the world about apartheid and how to put an end too the apartheid in how it was actually hurting people instead of helping promote a unified to South Africa. We also know that at the forefront of that was Nelson Nelson Mandela, which there is some difficulties with with with Nelson Mandela as as a four figure for a unified South Africa because well, in some people's eyes, he was actually a terrorist because he took hostage a school bus and he held he held school students hostage until he was heard by the South African press, which does bring about some valid points of you know, he put visibly, he put in harm's way school children and holding a a school bus hostage. It's that is definitely something that should be seen as a criminal offense and it and it by today's standard of course, would be seen as a terrorist act by a by no streucture of matter, should that protector particular act be seen as as a righteous act. It should be seen as as a criminal actor, which brings about some problems with UH because Nelson Mandela was al was also UH president of South Africa for a while and he died as as a national hero. But national heroes don't always have all heroic acts. There are there are some things that that sometimes people do that that are not exactly UH and should never be seen as as heroic. That particular one that would be one one of those particular things. But are the African actually sitting in a state of of genocide or is it or are they trying to create a situation where they can get a white supremacy to be a thing. And in South Africa, well, white supremacy in av we could be seen as as acts of terror where groups of of white supremacists attacking those who they who they think are l are not human. So we have a what we do actually know or for a fact in South Africa that there is a situation where there's extreme crime and a lot of that crime is centered in areas where there are uh people of of of color living and and there are instances of of crime happening in the raw areas where farms are being burnt. So it's not necessarily a situation of genocide, but it is clearly a situation where South Africa has a crime problem and a problem that desperately does need to be fixed and could be fixed by fixing it's over thirty two percent unemployment rate and helping them with commerce so that people have jobs and they have a way of finding prosperity within that country. So, while it's difficult to watch your points, while don't we look to what happened in the Oval Office when President Ramaposa and President Trump actually met and they had their discussion over acts that are have being in South Africa.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much everyone.
Speaker 3: It's great honor to be with the President of South Africa, President rever Posa. And he is a man who is certainly in some circles really respected, other circles a little bit less respected, like all of us in all fair like that.
Speaker 2: We also have a few of my friends.
Speaker 3: Ernie el is a great golfer, he's a truly great golfer. And Rattif Gluson, who's an other really we call him really a great golfer to Earnie right, the two guys are fantastic, and we could add Gary to the group, Gary player, what a group of golfers.
Speaker 2: As South Africa's head of this. There must be something in the water, right, something good.
Speaker 3: These two guys are under.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 3: Gary's Gary and David Frost also another one that I know is such a great one. Was he was He as good a putter as they saying David. He's a putter, he's a putting machine, right, But he's another one. Something very good about South Africa and golf and golf is still doing great in South Africa and they have young players. I hear coming up that are going to be very good.
Speaker 2: But it's an honor to have you here.
Speaker 3: And my friend, it's an honor to have you one of the greatest businessman in South Africa, and long and long be thank you for being here. It's very very great. Appreciate it. So we're going to be discussing certain things. As you know, we have the G twenty is going to South Africa. What is that going to be in November? In November there I hand over to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have an you originated the deft hand over to you and you.
Speaker 3: Need the We're gon we're gonna have it the following year. So we'll be discussing many things and some of the things you've been reading about in the papers and the media. And I would say that, look, the President is a truly respected men in many many circles, and in some circles he is considered a little controversial. But we're going to be discussing some of the things that are taking place in South Africa and see if we can help.
Speaker 2: And we want to help. And we've had a long relationship with South Africa.
Speaker 3: I have because indirectly I have so many friends that live there, I have a lot of friends. I mean, these are famous guys, but I have a lot of friends that live there that are tremendous people. And we'll be discussing that. We'll have a nice conversation. And I really appreciate that you guys came along. It's really it really helps us in our thought process. But it is a great honor to have you, and I appreciate you called you. He called.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he got my number, but I bring you up. I want to come over and see you. That was my honor. Thank you very much for being here.
Speaker 5: Much well, thank you very much for welcoming us to this reformed White House. I've been here before and it looks really fantastic. I must congratulate you. Thank you, But I also thank you for allowing our delegation. This is a very mixed delegation that you've got. We've got people from government, my minister's, I've got someone from the trade union movement we really collaborate with, and from business as well. And I was sporting legends when I spoke to you. You said, yes, come along and bring Gary Player or bring any else and rechief person.
Speaker 2: I brought the two of them.
Speaker 5: Gary Cray when I spoke to him, and he said, look, I'm getting rather on in my years, but wishes us luck in this discussion with you. So it's a real joy. And I'd also like to thank you for allowing your people to study discussions with us at the trade level. I mean, we are essentially here to reset the relationship between the United States and South Africa.
Speaker 2: We are long long standing partners in many many ways.
Speaker 5: We've collaborated in many fields in space issues, in energy, and in trade, and we therefore need to reset that, particularly in the light of some of the announcements that you made on trade and investments. So we want to advance more trade between the two of US two countries, and people now have been empowered by yourself and by myself to start engaging, and we hope that we will be able to fuel that engagement during our talks. And we also want to discuss issues that have to do with how we promote further investments in both countries. We've got about twenty two companies from South Africa that have invested in the US, thus creating a number of jobs. And similarly, you've got almost six hundred companies that have invested in South Africa, and some of them have been in South Africa for more than a hundred years, so our links are really long lasting, and we would like to recalibrate those relations between our two countries and discuss a whole range of issues geopolitical. The work that you're doing to bring peace around the world in Ukraine and in the Middle East, so we value that and we are also a great contributor to peace processes that are going on around the world. Of course, we want to discuss how we can support each other. You are a much bigger economy than we are. We are just the timing economy, but we rely on each other on a number of issues. We've got critical minerals that you want to fuel the growth of your own economy and rein industrial lives, so we have that on offer, including rare minerals. So all that combination of opportunity and the products that we buy from you as well as what we sell to you, I believe makes up a really good and powerful relationship which we need to strengthen, which we need to engender, and that is really what has brought us here and we are really privileged to have, you know, great South Africans in the mix, as you said you'd like to see them as well, and that brought you a really fantastic golf book. Weighs fourteen kilograms and it showcases the golf courses in our country, Johann Rupert wrote preface, So did any else, and I want to showcase our golf courses.
Speaker 2: You might remember when I spoke to you and we spoke about golf.
Speaker 5: You said I should start practicing, and I've started practicing present, so I'm ready. But let me end just the introduction remarks by thanking you. You may not recall that five years ago I spoke to you during the COVID period, right, and it was at a time when the whole world was going through a really cathartic moment, and we asked for assistance and we were able to assist us with rest blessed respirators, respirators, and you kept words and you delivered.
Speaker 2: Respirators to us.
Speaker 5: We didn't have as many in our country, and it really helped to deal to help us deal with COVID. So I'm here also to say thank you and to thank the people of America for having helped us during a really difficult time. Being this small economy that we are, we needed help from around the world and you were there to provide that.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Remember the call, Yeah, we said one hundred and fifty respirators who became the respirator king. We started making them. Nobody had them. We had very few of them, that's right, but they were very helpful. But we sent one hundred and fifty. And I appreciated the letter. You wrote me a letter, and that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank I appreciate it. Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 5: Really touched to my heart after I spoke to you and you delivered great honor.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Any questions white africanor and refuge you see, can you explain to Americans why it's appropriate to welcome white africaners here when other refugees like Afghans, Betetts Way, when Haitians have all had their type of status revoked.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a group NBC that is truly fake news. They ask a lot of questions that are very pointed way they're not questioned their statements. We've had tremendous complaints about Africa, about other countries too, from people they say there's a lot of bad things going on in Africa, and that's what we're going to be discussing today. When you say we don't take others or all you have to do is take a look at the southern border. We let twenty one million people come through our border, totally unchecked, totally unvted.
Speaker 2: They came from all over the world. In many cases they're criminals.
Speaker 3: They come from prisons, they come from mental institutions, they come from street gangs, they drug dealers. So don't say that we didn't take them. We'd take them. We're trying to get them out as fast as we can and we're doing record business on that.
Speaker 2: And we just want a big case.
Speaker 3: We're allowed to send back hundreds of criminals to Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Just won that today in the Supreme Court. I'm happy to hear. But we do have a lot of.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are very concerned with regard to South Africa, and that's really the purpose of the meeting, and we'll see how that turns out.
Speaker 2: But we have many people that feel they're being persecuted and they're coming.
Speaker 3: To the United States. So we take from many many locations. If we feel this persecution or genocide going on and we had a lot of people. I must tell you, mister President, we have had a tremendous number of people, especially since they've seen this. Generally they're white farmers and they're fleeing South Africa and it's you know, it's a very sad thing to see. But I hope we can have an explanation of that, because I know you don't want that, and it's you know, it's a kind of a different meeting. Normally we have meetings we talk about trade, and we'll be talking about trade and other things, but that certainly will be a subject that comes up. Yeah, please right.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Let get your boss on Leticia Jane director Poulte.
Speaker 6: According to him, Letitia James says that the alleged mortgage fraud was simply of a state.
Speaker 3: I want to get your bonds on that. Did you put down that her father was her husband in order? And this is very similar to I guess the false attacks.
Speaker 2: That had on you.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what it is currently, but Letitia James, who's the Attorney General of the New York State, it seemed I'm not involved in that at all. I know that it's being handled by various groups, I guess, but it's major fraud, mortgage documents and fraudulent everything. I think she said the father was her husband, which she had to have her husband and her so she chose her father and she put it down and she's had had then she uh sign in Virginia. Yet she's she said you lived in Virginia. Yet she's the New York State Attorney General. And she did that for tax reasons so she could take advantage of taxes. And she had the wrong number of units. She had a much different number, which wouldn't have allowed her to qualify and scam the government.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think she's very bad for New York. But I really don't know too much about it. But I appreciate the question. Thank you very much, side which thank you.
Speaker 2: Miss for President.
Speaker 7: So May twenty fifth will be the celebration of Africa Day, which pretty much a lot of celebration will be taking place around the world, including here in the United States. What is your message to the entire African continent African people in this important occasion.
Speaker 3: Well, I wanna see peace, and I wanna see happiness. I want to see health, and you know you have incredible land. Its tremendous value. A lot of countries don't have that value in the land, the value you have. You know, we have a situation. I think you probably heard about it. We've done, through some very talented people, helped settle a war that's been raging for years Rwanda and the Congo. And I think we've done it. I believe it or not, I think we've done it. And could you just say a few words about that, my friend.
Speaker 8: Yes, A couple of weeks ago we signed, they signed, the two parties signed the Decoration of Principles in which they've agreed on the way forward, and they have both submitted draft peace agreements and we we have put together one that incorporates both of their suggestions and we've given.
Speaker 4: It to them. So we're in the process of finalizing. Looking looking very good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: We have to thank you for even those efforts, because African continent, particularly Sadak, our Southern African Development community has for years been seeking to foster peace in the Democratic.
Speaker 2: Republic of the Congo.
Speaker 5: So all efforts, including those from outside the continent and inside the continent are really worthwhile. We have just we are removing our troops from there, so that peace can then prevail in that whole area, and we hope that with the support of the international community, we will really have peace in that area.
Speaker 2: It's so vital, so important for the whole region. Well, we said to our people there, and I think we did a very good job. I shaid it by my friend and that was great. That was great.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just hearing phenomenal reports because all I've hear is death, death, and the chopping heads off, and it's so horrible over there, and it was really brave of me to go there. I really appreciate it. And it looks like that, it looks like we have something very, very substantial. We also talked about trade with them in terms of rarer all but really bore for the It's like, if you take a look at what we just did with Pakistan and India. We settled that pole and I think I settled into a trade. We're doing a big deal with India. We're doing a big deal with Pakistan. And I said, what are you guys doing. You know, they somebody had to be the last one to shoot, but the shooting was getting worse and worse, bigger and bigger, deeper and deeper into the countries.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 2: We spoke to him and we I think we you know, I hate to say, we got it settled.
Speaker 3: And then two days later something happens and they say it's Trump's fault, but we Pakistan has got some excellent people and some really good great leader in India is my friend Modi and he's a mutual friend. Yeah, he's a great guy. And they call them both. We we just uh, it's something good.
Speaker 10: We uh.
Speaker 3: We're trying to settle Russia Ukraine and we spoke with President Putin for two and a half hours the day before yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think we made a lot of progress. But that's a bloodbath.
Speaker 3: Five thousand people are being killed a week, five thousand soldiers a week, not including people in cities and towns that are also being killed. So we're trying to help and it doesn't affect us. It's not our people, it's not our soldiers, it's not our it's Ukraine and it's Russia. But if we can say five thousand souls.
Speaker 2: Wasn't do it?
Speaker 3: You know, we're pretty good at it.
Speaker 2: But it's a that's a bad situation. That is a really bad situation.
Speaker 5: Well, you recall when President Zelenski was coming to South Africa.
Speaker 2: That's when I spoke to you. That's right.
Speaker 5: We both agreed that we need to push the peace message so that they can be really big peace.
Speaker 2: And we've been.
Speaker 5: Involved in the Ukraine Russia conflict for quite a while through my Minister of State Security here, we've been dealing with them the exchange of children who were taken away, going through names and addresses and all that. So we've been invested in that whole process as well, and the moves that you're making are fully.
Speaker 2: Supported by us because we would like to see the end of that whole.
Speaker 3: So I called Zelinsky and they said he's in South Africa. I said, what the hell is he doing in South.
Speaker 2: He was talking to.
Speaker 11: He said, what you're doing in South Africa. That's a strange one. He's trying to make the We you know, we we were lucky because we were the great nurse at Madela. We taught us how to create peace, to make peace. So we were imparting some of those lessons to him, some of those learnings, and I specifically mentioned to him that this is how nurs and manerla to us that when you want to have a peace in a country, do it on an unconditional basis and sit down and talk.
Speaker 2: And that's precisely what I'm sure he's going to heat.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to see what happens with that when it's a lot of there's a lot of hatred, there's a lot of a lot of death.
Speaker 2: It's a bloodbath.
Speaker 3: Is I get the Unfortunately, I get the satellite pictures of that field, of that killing field. You never said anything like it, and you lot a horrible it's horrible thing that goes on. But I think we've made big progress.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: What are you expecting on the icy J case? Are you expecting South Africa to drop that?
Speaker 3: Is that what you try to rebate the icy J case against.
Speaker 2: I don't expect anything, to be honest, I really don't.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's they've got occasions, a lot of anger there, tremendous anger. I don't expect anything. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: We'll have a ruling, and who knows what the ruling is going to mean.
Speaker 13: Yeah, on that subject or Gaza, mister President, are you going to be speaking to Prime Minister nets in Yahoo about Israel's renewed offensive there, there's been a lot of concern from European countries.
Speaker 4: The Pope's expressed concern.
Speaker 13: Are you going to be asking Prime Minister nets and Yah who to tone down the offensive in Gaza to let more aiden?
Speaker 2: Was there a question or a statement?
Speaker 3: Questions association changed?
Speaker 14: What would take from you for you to be convinced that there's no white genocide in South Africa?
Speaker 2: Well, I can answer that for PRIs.
Speaker 5: Rather, it did take President Trump listening to the voices of South African some of whom are his good friends, like those who are here. But we have talks between us on the quiet another quiet table. It will take President Trump to listen to them. I'm not going to be repeating what I've been saying. I would say if there was Africana farmer genocide, I can bet you these three gentlemen would not be here, including my men self agriculture.
Speaker 2: They would not be with me.
Speaker 5: So it'll take him President Trump listening to their stories, to their perspective.
Speaker 2: That is the answer to your question. But that we have none of.
Speaker 3: We have thousands of stories talking about it, we have documentaries, we have news stories. Is Natalie here somebody here to turn that I could show you a couple of things, and I would, I just I have to.
Speaker 2: It has to be responded to.
Speaker 3: Sure we have let me see the articles place of what you would and excuse me, turn the lights down, turn the lights down and just put this on. It's right behind you, yohun not linament can't do with what without you.
Speaker 15: People are going to occupy land who require no permission from.
Speaker 16: You, from the president, from nor what.
Speaker 3: We don't care.
Speaker 16: We can do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 15: Who are you to tell us whether we can occupy land or not. We are going to occupy land South African occupy land.
Speaker 16: That's who we are. Big.
Speaker 1: Can we.
Speaker 2: Never be scared to kill?
Speaker 15: And livous demand that at some point there must be killing because they're killing is part of a produce and act.
Speaker 4: Shoot to you know the song.
Speaker 16: To the poor, the foomull to the poor, the.
Speaker 2: Football boom.
Speaker 1: Boom today you my fun.
Speaker 2: The mayor of d j in b is a white man.
Speaker 15: So these people, when you want to hit their hearts, go after a white man and feel a terror for the pain because you have touched a white man, not because myselfa and so they will not be touched, there will be touched done. But who are starting with this whiteness? What cop in the throat of whiteness?
Speaker 2: Is that had su ok? Your mother's are the poor, the parma, the pool, the para hold.
Speaker 4: She took kill her mother's? Are the the.
Speaker 2: Poor? The future? And said you was not but the cheating or wife at least for I kind of gotta see the future.
Speaker 17: If you'd understand somebody watching that, especially as it gets channeled, whether they.
Speaker 2: Freak out, it sounds like a dicycle.
Speaker 16: Who shine you see bad? See bad?
Speaker 5: When I stroplies left about compensation, whether they like it or not, if they object seeing.
Speaker 2: Get in on any kinds Now, this is very man.
Speaker 3: These are These are burial sites right here, burial sites over a thousand of white farmers. And those cars are lined up to pay love on a sday morning. Each one of those white things you see is a cross and there's approximately a thousand of them. They're all white farmers, the family of white farmers, and those guards aren't driving. They stop there to pay respects to their family member who's killed. And it's a terrible sight. I've never seen anything like it. Both sides of the road. You have crosses. Those people are all killed. Have they told you where that is, mister president? Maybe you know, I'd like to know where that is because this I've never seen.
Speaker 2: I don't know, okay. I mean it's in South Africa. It's I need to find out.
Speaker 18: M M.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, okay, mister president.
Speaker 6: The Pentagon announced it would be accepting a Katari jet to be used as air Force one.
Speaker 3: Perhaps you're talking about it. What does this have to do with the guitar jet? They're giving the United States Air Force a jet, okay, and it's a great thing. We're talking about a lot of other things. Is NBC trying to get off the subject of what you just saw? You are a real you know, you're a terrible report number one. You don't have what it takes to be a report, and you're not smart enough. But for you to go into a subject about a jet that was given to the United States Air Force, which is a very nice thing. They also gave five point one trillion dollars worth of investment in addition to the jet. Go back, You have to go back to your studio at NBC because Brian Roberts and the people that run that place. They ought to be investigated.
Speaker 2: They are so terrible the way you run that network, and you're a disgrace. No more questions.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, talk about that.
Speaker 6: Terrible if they're committing genocide the white that's my question though, let's go.
Speaker 19: Thank you so much, President Trump, and if the last one from NCA in South Africa, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: What would you like President Rama Poza to do about the situation?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Look, these are articles over the last few.
Speaker 17: Days, death of people, death, death, death, horrible death.
Speaker 2: Death.
Speaker 3: I don't know think anyone White South Africans are fleeing because of the violence and racist laws.
Speaker 2: And this is all I mean. I'll give these to you. So when you when you say what would I like to do?
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do. Look at this white South African couple say that they were attacked violently, Well I could do that.
Speaker 9: Look here's burial sites all over the place. They're all these are all white farmers that are being buried. He asks about a jet that was given. You know, you're you are so bad, You're such a bad report.
Speaker 3: President. This is one after another. The family was wiped out I'm just well, I think it's I think the videos are so no, no, when you look at the videos, I mean, how does it get worse? And these are people that are officials and they're saying that kill the white farmer.
Speaker 2: And take their land.
Speaker 3: That's what I want. And I have other friends in South Africa, people that left, one in particular that says it's you can't go there. He said, they want to take your land, they take your land and they kill you. It's okay. And they say it's okay to do. Now we're going to talk about it. But this is a tremendous Look, this is story of recent These are all people that recently got killed.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how it can get your worse.
Speaker 3: And you know the man that you saw, the men that you saw, the people that you saw that those are officials, those are people that were in office. They had one march, They had a dance in your parliament whatever you may call legislature.
Speaker 5: Let verify that, ye, let me clarify that, because what you saw, the speeches that are being made one that is.
Speaker 2: Not government policy.
Speaker 5: We have a multi party democracy in South Africa that allows people to express themselves political parties to adhere to various policies and in many cases or in some cases, those policies do not go along with the government policy. Our government policy is completely completely against what he was saying, even in the parliament. And they are a small minority party which is allowed to exist in terms of our constitution.
Speaker 2: But you do allow them to take land? No, no, no, no, do allow them to take land. Nobody can take.
Speaker 3: They take the land, they kill the white farmer. And when they killed the white farmer, nothing happens to them.
Speaker 2: Nothing happens. There is criminality in our country.
Speaker 5: People who do get killed, unfortunately through criminal activity.
Speaker 20: Are not about white people. Majority of them are black people. And we have now the farmers are black. The farmers are not black. I don't say that's good or bad, but the farmers are not black. And the people that are being killed in large numbers.
Speaker 3: And you see all those grave sites, and those are people that loved ones going. I guess on the Sunday morning they tell me to pay respect to their loved ones that were killed, their heads chopped.
Speaker 2: Off, they died, died violently. And you know, I mean, we're here to talk about it.
Speaker 3: And I don't know we get involved here, but I will say this that if the news wasn't fake like NBC, which is fake and it is totally one of the worst ABC, nbccbs are. But if they weren't fake news like this jerk that we have here, if we had real reporters, they'd be covering it. But the fake news in this country doesn't talk about that. They don't want to talk about it. But now they have to talk about it, but they won't. This won't even be a subject. They'll have him talking about. Why did a country give a free think of this? Why did a country give an airplane to the United States Air Force? Okay, the United States not to meet to the United States Air Force so they could help us out because we need an air force one until set's air force one. It is being built, two of them being built, but Boeing's a little bit late, unfortunately. So why did they give us a plane to the United States Air Force? That's what that idiot talks about after viewing a thing where thousands of people are dead.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't have a plane to give you.
Speaker 3: I wish you did. I would take it if your country offered. The United States h air for a supply, I would.
Speaker 2: Take it, okay.
Speaker 5: But coming back to this issue, which I really would like us to talk about and talk about it very calmly. We were taught by Nelson Mandela that whenever there are problems, people need to sit down around the table and talk about. And this is precisely what we would also like to talk about, including of course trade matters, investment matters, so the issues that concern you as the United States. And yeah, in many ways, I mean one one should say, you are a partner, partner of South Africa, and you are raising concerns, and these are concerns.
Speaker 2: That we are willing to talk to you about. Let me just add quickly. You know, the.
Speaker 5: Communology that we're experiencing, our country needs quite a lot of technological capability and in one of our areas in South Africa, we're using US technology which is able to in many ways identify where shootings are happening and all that. And I want to talk about that because there is support that we can get from you as the United States to help us.
Speaker 2: Deal with all these acts of criminality. And that is what I believe partnership is all about.
Speaker 5: And we are here as a partner so that we can help each other whenever there are challenges. So I'd like us to discuss it, and of course outside of the media, so that we sit down and have a really good discussion that will lead to good.
Speaker 4: Outcomes, unitive measures that could be in place.
Speaker 19: Should you not be satisfied that South Africa is fixing some of the very bad things in the commers that you treated are happening.
Speaker 3: Well, there are a lot of bad things happening in you know, many countries, but this in particular has been very very bad, very bad. And because of you know, we're gonna have the whole world watching in another short period of time, because you have the G twenty and that's a big deal, and it sees it seems like, yeah, I mean, I want you.
Speaker 2: To look good. I don't want you to look bad, very good.
Speaker 3: But we have hundreds of people, of thousands of people trying to come into our country because they feel they're going to be killed and their land is going to be confiscated. And you do have laws that will passed that gives you the right to confiscate land for no payment. You can take away land for no payment. I don't want to clarify that because we have a constitution. A constitution guarantees and protects the sanctity of tenure of land ownership, and that constitution protects all South Africans with regards to land olders. However, we do say, because we've got to deal with the past, the government and s your government also has their right to appropriate land for public use, and you're doing that, and we've nobody really got in underway with that, and we are going to be doing You're taking you're taking people's land we have from them. And those people in many cases are being executed. They're being executed, and they happen to be white, and most of them happened to be farmers. And that's a tough situation. I don't know how you explain that. How do you explain that they're taking people's land away, and in many cases those people are being executed, and in many cases it's not the government that soon, it's people to kill them and then take their land and nothing happens to them. But we have thousands of people that want to come into our country. They're also going to Australia in a smaller number, but we have thousands of people that want to come into our country. And they're white farmers and they feel that they're going to die in South Africa and it's a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Can South Africa do?
Speaker 10: What concessions would you like to see them beat?
Speaker 3: Improve relations for the United States?
Speaker 2: Then I have one worker President Roblos Africans. Well, you know we just spoke about.
Speaker 3: I got them a very very complex machine, one hundred and fifty of them, and I was asked by the president if they could help, and I did that. And you know, I have great feeling for all countries. Look, I deal with all countries, but I have a great feeling for South Africa because I have friends. I have a couple of friends, a few friends here today. I have many friends from South Africa, but many of those friends are or they can't go back.
Speaker 2: I have Elon is from South Africa. I don't want to get Elon involved, that's all I have to do. Get him into another thing. But nothing happens to me from South Africa. This is what Elon wanted.
Speaker 3: He actually came here on a different subject, sending rockets to Mars. He likes that better.
Speaker 2: He likes that subject better. But Elon is from South Africa. I don't want to talk to him about that. I don't want to. I don't think it's fair to him. But I will say that.
Speaker 3: People are fleeing South Africa for their own safety. Their land is being confiscated, and in many cases they're being killed.
Speaker 2: And that scene of you see how many crosses they have.
Speaker 3: Those crosses, that's a dead person in every one of them, and those trucks or cars are paying their respects to all of those dead people on a Sunday morning. That's a that's a rough that's a rough thing to explain away. And the problem we have and the way, you know, a correct and a fair media exposes things, but we have a very corrupt media. They won't even report this. If this were the other way around, it would be the biggest story. Now, I will say a part terrible. That was the biggest start that was reported all the time. This is sort of the opposite of apartheid. What's happening now is never reported. Nobody knows about it. All we know is we're being inundated with people with white farmers from South Africa and it's a big problem. Marco Rubio is telling me he's never seen anything like it. The numbers of people that want to leave South Africa because they feel they're going to be dead versus.
Speaker 6: Brian Beck's asked me a question, seventy farmers in your country are white.
Speaker 3: If they flee, do you feel that maybe the economy could collapse, you may not have a gap to fill in those people that need to replace those farmers.
Speaker 5: You know, I Mike my Minister of Agriculture, who is white, who comes from opposition party to mine, who's joined my gompleniment at my invitation to address this very issue, including the question that you've test raised.
Speaker 21: John, Thank you very much, mister President, and this president thanks for walking us to the White House. I would say we have a real safety proper and I don't think anyone wants to candy coat plat.
Speaker 10: And it requires a lot of effort to get on top of it. It's going to require more policing resources.
Speaker 3: It's going to require different strategy to be able to deal with it.
Speaker 21: But certainly the majority of South Africa's commercial and small older farmers really do want to stay in South Africa and make it work. And I've just come from the largest agricultural show in the Southern hemisphere with organized agriculture and farmers and the majority they want to stay, but they too, they have a memorial to those who've died as a result of farm attacks. And as the Minister of Agriculture, it is something that I am particularly exercised with my colleagues at Police and my colleagues and the Justice Cluster to stop making farm attacks and stock there a priority crime and it affect all farmers in Salaprica particularly stop them has a disproportionate effect on small black farms.
Speaker 3: I also want to just.
Speaker 10: Say this that the two individuals that are in that video that you've seen are both leaders of opposition minority parties in South Africa and Quanto with sees where under mister Zuma and the economic freedom Fighters under mister Malema A. Now, the reason that my party, the Democratic Alliance, which has been an opposition party wherever thirty years, chose to join hands with mister Ramapausa's party was precise to keep those people out of power. We cannot have those people sitting in the union buildings making decisions. And that is why after thirty years of us exchanging barbs across the floor in Parliament and trying to get one over on each other. We've decided to join hands precisely to keep that lot out of government because the day they get in to the doors of the Union buildings in South Africa or control about Parliament, that's what you're going to see. And that is why this government working together needs a support of our allies around the world, so that we can strengthen our hand, grow our economy and shut the door forever on that rebel getting through the doors of the Union podies, because then South Africa's future.
Speaker 5: So you denounced that type of language in the video that you saw, Oh yes, we've already done so as government.
Speaker 2: As my own party, we are completely opposed to that. We in nineteen fifty.
Speaker 5: Five adopted a document which said South Africa belongs.
Speaker 2: To Paul in it. But why wouldn't you arrest that man?
Speaker 3: That man said kill the white farmers, killed the white farmers, and then he danced, and he's dancing, dancing, and it's killed the white farmers. I think, I'm not sure, but I think if somebody got up environment and started saying kill a certain group of people, that he would be and he would be arrested very quickly. That man is going all over South Africa. And that's not a small party. That was a stadium that holds one hundred thousand people and I hardly saw an emptc. That's a lot of people. That's a lot of representation. And those crosses we have dead white people, dead white farmers mostly, and you take a look at Australia, they're being inundated and we're being inundated with people that want to get out and their farmer is valueless, it's valueless, and they just want to get out with their life. And this is a very serious situation. And if we had a real news or real press or media, we don't have that because they won't talk about this because there are all guys like that idiot. But if we had a real press, it would be exposed. And you know, the beauty of exposing it is just like a cleansing action. When it gets exposed, it'll get fixed. That's when it will get fixed. But people don't talk about it. And I'll tell you who's talking about the thousands of people that are fleeing South Africa right now.
Speaker 22: Aid on the devastating in agriculta, having African culta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's devastating and hopefully a lot of people are going to start spending a lot of money. And I've talked to other nations. We want them to chip in and spend money too, and we've spent a lot. And it's a big it's it's a tremendous problem going on in many countries, a lot of problems going on. The United States always gets the request for money. Nobody else helps us. You know, Europe doesn't help. Europe hasn't given anything. All they do is sue our companies. You know, they sue Apple and they sue all of our companies. Apple had to pay seventeen million dollars on a nonsense loss and very unfair. But we we can always be there to help.
Speaker 13: Is dissolved, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: It's got to be resolved. It should be resolved.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, it's it's a little bit bad when you see a stadium with one hundred thousand people in it, because that means it's more than just a little movement. It's a pretty big movement in South Africa.
Speaker 2: So it has to be resolved. It'll be the end of the country of I hope. So that's why I'm here I mean, I'm not here for my health.
Speaker 3: I'm here no, I'd like to see I have friends I can tell you. Ernie Else and Ratief Goosen they feel so strongly.
Speaker 2: They wanted to be here on behalf of South Africa, not on behalf of me.
Speaker 3: And you know, they said, can we be here for this because they love the country.
Speaker 2: Ornie.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to say a couple of words or anything.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I hate to put you in this. This is tougher than sinking to three footer And they've said many three five.
Speaker 12: Thank you, miss thanks for the honor of being here. We've known each other long time, we have spoken. You know, we're proud South Africa. I still have my South African passport, you know. We've traveled with this passport, you know, and I've got my visa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so.
Speaker 12: You know, but we want to see things get better in our home country. And that's the bottom line. It's been thirty five years since the transition. President Ramaposa was right in the middle of the transition time in nineteen ninety and before that, so it's been thirty five years of ANC government and I know there there's a lot of anger, you know, through the transition. There's also a lot of stuff happening in apartheid days. You know, we grew up in apartheid here. But I don't think two rouns makes it right. You know, President Mandela when he came out of prison for all that time, didn't come out with hatred, you know, and really unified our nation.
Speaker 3: Re sport.
Speaker 12: You know, we won the Rugby World Cup in the time, we won the African Nations Cup soccer. You know, we won some majors as golfers and so forth. So what I'm trying to say is, you know, we this has been a long time coming. That's why we really wanted to meet you in the administration and see our way forward, because we still want to see our country flourish. You know, we've got some great things going on. Business is getting involved with with government, farming, farmers are getting involved in local municipalities, trying to rebuild some of the infrastructure that's been the game for a long time. So there's a lot of co existence going on and and and help from a lot of areas. But we need, I feel we need the US push this thing through. We've got a great ally. If we can have the US It's always been an ally of South Africa for a very long time, given in the days of the of the war. You know up in Angola. You know you guys helped us, so very important for us too to have your support and you know, get the change we need.
Speaker 2: Why did you do that?
Speaker 3: Well, you might have done that even better than he plays golf. Is almost impossible. Your hat was the president.
Speaker 4: If you had to.
Speaker 23: Wind all of those tapes properly, you will see I'm the biggest target of that trouble rouser number one for over ten years, mister my neighbor. In fact, the first time I met him, he was in the youth league with that gentleman.
Speaker 4: And look how he's changed.
Speaker 18: Right, we have too many deaths, but it's across the board. It's not only white farmer, it's across the board. We need technological help. We need starlink at every little police station. We need drones. I actually got drones donated for the Peace Parks to stop elephant and rao poaching. And he's pretty accessor stopped the importation because he said the United States would spy on us. I mean, the US basics is the ridicule. So if we can if you can help us. Remember, sir, you and I lived in New York in the seventies. We never thought New York could be what it became. Two commissioner, a tough mayor. We need your help to stop this awful kidding. But it's across the board. Ernie is right now building at Plata House in George.
Speaker 23: I'm building three cottages for my grandchildren on a farm outside Craftinnette. I often go to bed with utlocking the door. And we have a serious.
Speaker 4: Problem with illegal aliens.
Speaker 23: We stream across the border, and if you really look at our statistics, a lot of these murders.
Speaker 4: Firstly, it's unemployed and illegal aliens.
Speaker 23: And then I met Vice President Vot's many years ago that Charlie Rose's shown. My wife loved his book, and she reminded me this morning that you emphasized the devastation that occurs when big companies leave towns and cities and there's a culture of dependency that develops.
Speaker 4: I remember you discussing it. Now, that's our problem.
Speaker 23: If we don't get our economy to grow, the culture of dependency and the lawlessness will increase. I've again been against the part that all my life and I'm their number one target.
Speaker 4: Please just google my name and Malema you'll see it.
Speaker 3: So he marched on there.
Speaker 23: The crime is fearable, sir, but mister Steneration won't admit to it. But he runs the Western Cape where I live on. The biggest murder right is in the Cape Flat.
Speaker 2: Gangs.
Speaker 23: We've got gang warfare like your Infity three. With these guys, we've got equivalence there. But we need your help, sir, and we need a lot of technology.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the real areas of support is really in investments.
Speaker 5: We've got to grow our economy because through growing the economy, we're then able to create more jobs, because crime really thrives where there is inequality and unemployment. And that is one of the reasons that has brought us here to improve our investment relations, our trade relations so that we can preserve number of jobs that your companies have created in South Africa by virtue of what we export to you.
Speaker 2: We are able to create.
Speaker 5: Up to five hundred thousand jobs in the auto industry, in the agricultural industry, and a number of other industries mining where we export things to you. And we also know that as South African companies invest here, you are also able to create jobs, so it's a mutually beneficial relationship. So our main, main, real reason for being here is to foster trade and investment so that we are able to grow our economy.
Speaker 2: Your support, and so that we're also.
Speaker 5: Able to address all these societal problems because criminality drives when people are unemployed, when they have no other hope to eke out a living.
Speaker 4: So that is what we need to.
Speaker 5: Resolve, and you'll support your partner ship with us. It's what is really going to give us a strong, strong capability to move forward.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, do you have anything to say?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to leave you out. You know the guy won three or four majors, three or four, No I need two. It's a lot. By the way, there is a lot, a lot of tournaments.
Speaker 2: You want to do you have anything to say?
Speaker 19: Yeah, thank you as president. President from a pausa. I grew up in an area in South Africa that is a farmland area, Polaquani, and there is some issues up there. Obviously my dad was a proper develop as well as a part time farmer. And yeah, some of these buddy farmers got killed. The farm is still going. My brother's running. But it's a constant battle with farms trying to get they're trying to burn the farms down to chase you away. So it is it is a concern to try and make a living as a farmer. And at the end they you know, we're without.
Speaker 4: Farmers, there's no food on a plate.
Speaker 2: So we need we need the farmers the farm. He wouldn't do it. He wouldn't even want to do what you're doing. Right. They love farming, they don't want to leave them. But it's it's a struggle.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And you know food, food and fresh water is the most important thing in life. You know, without those two things you can't supply.
Speaker 2: How is the water there?
Speaker 3: The water is great, obviously all the water comes out of a bare hoole out of ground for us.
Speaker 19: But yeah, he's a battle to get the water out sometimes when all the equipment gets stolen, all the time.
Speaker 3: That you're trying to get short was your family and your brother do they feel safe on the farm.
Speaker 19: They live behind electric fences, you know, try and be at night safe, But it is it is constant whenever you leave that that something could happen.
Speaker 12: And you know, both both of.
Speaker 19: Them has been attacked in their houses. My mom's been attacked in the house when she was ready. So it is it is uh difficult, but you know, the guys live a great life despite everything going on.
Speaker 5: Simply, I've brought along the president of the largest trade union in our country, zigs or LAWSI, because she leads many many workers, uh more than one million one in or too many other workers. And maybe we should give a very chance to say something because she's come all the way to join us.
Speaker 24: Thank you very much, the President trumping for having us in, President for extending the invitation to us as Organized liber and I must say that we are here to support the the the the initiative that has been made by our our government with uh business. Of course, as Organized liber we've been coming to Washington on their board trade relations in the previous regime, and I think at the center of it all for me, it is exactly what mister Opetev said, the importance of us growing the economy. We have always emphasized when we were here and kept on coming and negotiating over that. The six hundred US companies that are based in South Africa, as you said, President will come of course of five hundred thousand jobs will be wiped out. We need more for indirect investment in our country. We are not just talking about those that will lose employment, but we are talking about over forty percent of people that are unemployed that have with no hope of ever finding job. And we think that correctly. As they have said that we need to deal with the issue of poor US borders in our country so that everyone that comes in is documented. We also need to and I would have loved thought that the Minister would address the issue of land expropriation and how.
Speaker 4: The policy works in South Africa.
Speaker 24: Recently, President, as you were preparing to come here on the US in, I think it was all Nada. There was a handover of farms and white farmers were saying, we are donating the land.
Speaker 2: But also there is a willing buy a willing seller in.
Speaker 3: South Africa, so there is no.
Speaker 24: Expropriation without compensation, but it is a willing buyer willing seller. And that white farmer was even saying President that they the government is even paying more in buying the land than.
Speaker 2: What the land is worth off.
Speaker 24: And I think those are the realities President, that we must say that we need to address of course, but also the importance of agriculture linked to a god. People rely on it and I think as a rechief upset for for for for survival and living. But lastly for me president is also the issue of the crime statistics. There is no doubt about it that we are a violent nation, you know, for a number of reasons, and we're not condoning anything.
Speaker 4: But also if you go into.
Speaker 24: The rural areas where black majority are, you would see women elderly being raped, being killed, being.
Speaker 2: Made and these are black elderly women that.
Speaker 24: Would be found throat slits, raped multiple times and all of that and the problem in South Africa it is not necessarily about race, but it is about crime. And we think that we are here to say how do we both nations work together to research, to really talk about investment, but also help us in how we can have the technology and everything that is the president to really address the levels of crime that we have in our country.
Speaker 2: Different tennesside is a very strong word.
Speaker 7: I'm wondering if you've made up your mind as to whether you believe genocide is occurring in South Africa, where you still have doubts, and if you have made up your mind why and vite President Ramaposa here today in this conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't made up my mind. I hate to see it from the same point of South Africa. But also you know, I'm trying to save lives. I'm working with Russia and Ukraine.
Speaker 2: I don't have to do that. It's not our war.
Speaker 3: Was started by other people who sped along by our past administration, and we would have never happened if I were president.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to save lives no matter where. Rwanda.
Speaker 3: I have nothing to do with Rwanda and the Congo, but I felt I had a very talented person in this administration and I sent him there and he did an unbelievable job. I think, I mean, we're going to find out, but he's I mean, we're going to find out, but he's done the.
Speaker 2: Hardest part of the job. It should it should happen. If I can save lives.
Speaker 3: I want to save the lives. If it's in Africa, that's great, if it's in Europe, if it's wherever it may be. And it's a very small investment to do, believe me, compared to what the consequences are. So I hope we can do something. Look, I have so many friends these too, have great admiration for them because I know what they do for a living, and that's a very hard living. Going from city to city, from country to country and hitting the ball three hundred and fifty yards like they do and getting the ball in the hall is a very tough with lots of people watching.
Speaker 2: It's a very tough living. You know.
Speaker 3: They're champions. I respect champions, and I respect very much, and I think the country is very lucky. They really wanted to be here. They could be elsewhere, they could be on a beautiful fairway subplace, and they wanted to be here.
Speaker 25: Yourself from News of Africa in South Africa. How important is it for the United States to be at.
Speaker 14: Our G twenty summit in November, given the relationship between our two countries. You've just heard what has been said to you just now. Are you coming and are you preparing to come?
Speaker 3: So? Without the United States, the G twenty, just like the G seven used to be the G eight, but brilliantly they threw Russia out.
Speaker 2: Would have been a lot better if Russia was in.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of people would say, oh, this is because if Russia was in you probably wouldn't have this war. If you had a different president, you wouldn't have the war either.
Speaker 2: But we have a G seven. It's important that the United States is at both of them.
Speaker 3: I think without the United States, it said, I really believe it's not very important.
Speaker 2: It's not the same meaning as I said to President Trump.
Speaker 5: The US really originated the G twenty, and it's important that the United States continues to play a key role in the G twenty. And we are privileged to be the president of the G twenty, but we are even overjoyed that we're going to hand over to the United States, who are the originators. And for that reason, I expect the United States to continue playing the leadership role in the G twenty together with other countries. And I've said when I initially spoke to President Trump on the phone, I wanted to come to South Africa for a state visit, and.
Speaker 2: I also wanted to come and participate in the G twenty.
Speaker 5: And I want to gladly hand over to President Trump to take the leadership of the G twenty forward in November.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, thank you very much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to leave.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information.