Speaker 1: Bonnie, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome, and it's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. Oh my goodness, Akes it's spectacular. It is the Samaritan Counseling and Growth said, it's annual.
Speaker 2: What is the nineteenth Wow? The Samaritan Sports Botackula, How you doing? How you doing? Kristen?
Speaker 3: Well good, thanks for having us today.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure to have friends in any old day that ends. And why And I'm just going to ask why haven't everyone in town purchased a ticket for this yet? I know there's only like maybe three or four seats left, so I just kind of kidnaped that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're missing out if they're not coming. It is a fun event. It's a casual event, which kind of sets it apart from others.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's real fun when you can wear your favorite jerseys, you know, like Misteriane's doing here. And so I tell us, how do how do we when we talk about putting this big sports potacular on?
Speaker 2: We do raise money? Tell us where it goes?
Speaker 4: So the funds raise go to help us subsidize counseling services for our community. We offer a range of services at Samaritan, and a lot of times sometimes folks can't really afford the full rate, so utilize these funds to help subsidize that cost, to reduce it a significant amount, so we don't have to turn anyone away because of their inability to pay.
Speaker 2: And we're relocated.
Speaker 4: We are at two forty five Southeast Madison Boulevard, right across the street from Sooner Park.
Speaker 2: Scenic, very scenic, very beautiful, very good.
Speaker 1: Now, Kristen, this isn't your your first sports spectacular now and you've done something with your whole board, with your whole committee. You changed it just a little bit, but I think possibly for the better. What have we done as far as having our big speakers?
Speaker 3: Yes, so this year typically we have one maybe two, and this year we decided to go with the panel, so all ties to Bartlesville past Bartlesville athletes are coaches, so different sports this year, so it can draw everybody in those that have played in high school and gone on to play in college. So we have five speakers and then a moderator.
Speaker 5: So we have Morgan.
Speaker 3: Lawrence Hayes, we have Jared Hicks, we have Campbell Barta, We have David Castillo, and we have Clinton Stewart speaking on the panel. So good group of folks there. And then of course our moderator, the voice of the Bartithow Bruins, Evan far Bar.
Speaker 2: There we go. So we're really keeping at local here. I like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, this is going to draw a lot of people. It already has, but we still have four more seats to go. So I don't know what you guys are doing. Pony up, let's go.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a great time. Where are we holding this?
Speaker 4: So it's gonna at the Hilton Garden End in downtown downtown Bartlesville on Saturday evening at six six, six o'clock.
Speaker 5: I think yeah, because I'll be there.
Speaker 4: We'll be there from Friday morning through probably Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: It will probbly be hot. So it's really good that it's inside here. I'm right downtown centrally Lokay, you can't miss it. If you do well in folks, you need to go see your eye doctor. Absolutely, this is going to be a lot of fun. Now, nineteen years of the Sports Spectacular and every year it's good. It's similar, but yet it's different. Each one has its own vibe and each one has its own little remembrance, and you don't want to you don't want to bypass a memory.
Speaker 2: Because these are all very good memories.
Speaker 1: A lot of people just giving each other the ration and having a lot of fun, plus raising money for a great host.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Now are we are.
Speaker 1: We supposed to be going like cowboys and I know, I su sooners and you know, and just everybody and anybody and just kind of giving everybody you know the business.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you can attire, just wear whatever sports theme or just casual that is your preference. You may go in OSU, I may be an ou.
Speaker 1: But we're all friends, but we're all teammates when we get there.
Speaker 4: We're all there for maybe competing against each other in sports that we're all working together for one cost.
Speaker 1: And that's really what it's all about, is having some fun and also making some money for a cause that wow, I tell you, there are so many people who need the services that Samaritan provides, and like you said, sometimes it can be cost prohibited, and in order to raise a little bit of money here so that more people can be helped and become just a little bit better with themselves and with the world means.
Speaker 2: All the world to them.
Speaker 5: It certainly does.
Speaker 1: And so you know, again, four people out here who have been sitting on the fence, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what your problem is.
Speaker 1: You got to get it. Oh, get it out, let's go. So this is always a good time. Now we have a website.
Speaker 3: Then, yes, so for the event you can read all about the event and you can also sponsor or buy tickets there. So anybody that's on the fence that maybe wants to still go, I would hurry up and do that because this does sell out. It is support Samaritan dot org.
Speaker 1: Well, that's easy to remember. I can't even remember that trouble remember things support Samaritan dot org.
Speaker 3: Yes, get your tickets there, read about the speakers and all about the events.
Speaker 1: Good food right always, always, I've never heard any make a play.
Speaker 5: We'll have catered in.
Speaker 4: Wow, we're excited about that. And we've got a few a few little twists this year. So we're we're excited to bring on the dessert dash for for the events. I'm sure as long as you if you share it with the seven other people at your.
Speaker 3: Table, you do have to run to get your dessert, so you've earned it.
Speaker 1: At that.
Speaker 2: There we go. So how does it works?
Speaker 4: So the dessert Dash, you just there will be an envelope at each table and are encouraged to just donate in that envelope. They can either put in cash or bid use their bed number to to just give and uh the tables that the table that has the most gifts at the beginning or as we sort through them will go.
Speaker 5: Get the first choice at the first dessert.
Speaker 4: So if there's a dessert up there that you see that's like, oh my god, I have to have it.
Speaker 5: Better make sure that you bring some cash or free up one of your one.
Speaker 4: Of your credit cards for.
Speaker 1: A good cause.
Speaker 3: And we have some good donations for that. So Copine truck stop and treesa Mezerlei's Pies and local bakeries around town and individuals.
Speaker 1: So well, I can tell you at the truck stop there there are slice of pie is about everybody else's cake? Yes, So yeah, so I know what you see what you did right there? I gotta go make up bits.
Speaker 4: And you can have your own pie right at your Oh I can't shared with nobody. No aside from the from the dessert Dash, we have a fantastic silent auction, and then we have twelve great items going in our live.
Speaker 5: Auction, so we're we're super excited about that.
Speaker 4: We have so doctor John John Linn Bloom just just shared his painting that he's so graciously.
Speaker 5: We're so excited for him to.
Speaker 2: Be to be gifting to us.
Speaker 4: So that's one of the items that'll be in the live auction. There is a couple of trips.
Speaker 3: Sports tickets of course, we have OU softball tickets, and we have OSU tickets and a couple of sets of OSU tickets. I guess we have Kansas State tickets. So lots of sports items.
Speaker 4: Bourbon officionados we have there is a bourbon a bourbon tasting with a steak dinner, so for eight or ten ten, ten ten people, So we're super excited about that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's going to be good.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: You've got a great line up there for your option, a lot of good stuffed we'll.
Speaker 4: Be dropping some some sneak peeks this week.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well just watch on the website or Facebook Facebook, okay, and the Facebook.
Speaker 5: Is Samaritan Counseling and okay, okay.
Speaker 1: That one to make sure was something in the middle there.
Speaker 5: Nope, it's right on our on the Samaritan's Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Well as it should be. It should be. So what are what are the tickets run for these days?
Speaker 3: So they are seventy five dollars per ticket. And then of course we have sponsorships as well. At this point, some sponsors like to give they're not able to attend and they just would like to donate, And that's perfectly fine. If you just want a ticket again, run out there and get them, because we are pretty full that seventy five dollars support Smaritan dot org.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, now I don't want this to be last minute. We have to fit everybody in there with the shore. That's a great problem to have. We want everybody to be comfortable and knowing that you're going to have a spot, You're going to have a good time. It's going to be great with this panel of speakers, and they get to hear from some of these young folks that have gone.
Speaker 2: On and have come back home. Now David is still competing.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are some that are still in college and then some that are a little bit older and.
Speaker 5: Out of school and working in the real world.
Speaker 3: So kind of cool to see different perspectives and how it's helped them in life, and how mental health ties into that, the pressures of being a student athlete and trying to perform to expectations that the public gets them, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a small little bit of pressure, just a little bit, you know, just the tiny teats. But it's going to be great to hear how they attack it and maybe you can take a little something home, a little education from them as well as being entertained. And of course don't forget the dessert dashed silent auction and just good friends having a good toy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely goodness sakes.
Speaker 1: And again it's this Saturday, Saturday, so don't be messing with your calendar. It is this Saturday, not next Saturday or two saturdays away. It's this Saturday, six o'clock. It's at the Hilton Garden in downtown, and you don't want to miss the tickets as seventy five dollars support Samaritan Dot Oregon is the Well, that's good, I'm pretty for sure ya. Anyway, it's going to be a lot of fun and we hope to see everybody there and we hope to raise a lot of money for its American Counseling and Growth Center, because there are a lot of folks who need some help. You won't hear it. People don't all up a side saying I need help. It's usually something that is kind of private, and we respect everybody's privacy. By golly, we want to make the public aware that this is something that needs attention. It is my goodness. And if folks miss m can they still write shit check?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 4: All they have to do is just they can go on to the support the Support Samaritan website and donate there, or they can go to our regular website, Samaritan Bartlesfelt dot org and donate there.
Speaker 2: As well, all right, or just show up and have fun.
Speaker 4: To stop by and stop buy, stop by the office. It's on Madison and ask to be a visit with me or give us a call.
Speaker 2: Well, very good, Well, thank you guys for coming in. Did we miss anything?
Speaker 3: I think we got it all. Yeah, just hope to see everybody there.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do that. Fill up those port chairs.
Speaker 1: I know who you are, Mike, right there on the computer supports American dot org. Just put four down your good hot see I bet you by the time you get back to the office, I have just gilted somebody and all right, well, thank you very much, and folks have some fun there once again with the nineteenth Annual Samaritans Sports Spectacular to help support Samaritan Counseling Service and Growth Center.