Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 1: Let's win this.
Speaker 4: I love writing these guys after the show.
Speaker 2: So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 4: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion.
Speaker 6: Put a small soft time they get up people what they want to die to A two is special.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 5: Sure, old time, go to the soud, grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kains.
Speaker 7: A Mother's Day win for the Dodgers, says a wrap up this long ten game road trip with a win over the Diamondbacks eight to one. Hi, everybody, and Happy Mother's Day to all you out there on this Sunday afternoon. Hope you enjoyed the little Dodger baseball. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. You can always tweet at me at Tim Kats, Tim cat Ees. You can podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app. You can listen like my family's listening right now driving back from Arizona on the ten Freeway listening.
Speaker 4: On the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 7: Make it one of your presets on the iHeartRadio app is so easy to download. You can listen it to am FHI seventy LA Sports with you on the go. You can then sync it up with your car as you're driving around in HD. You can hear my beautiful voice in Crystal HD as you're driving. As the Dodgers get the win, a good win for the Dodgers, he explode for eight runs on eighteen hits to beat the Diamondbacks eight to one. The top of the lineup, absolutely dominating for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Today, we talk about the Big three all the time.
Speaker 7: I'm Otani, Betts and Freeman, and every so often we talk about the Big four or the Big five when we throw tay Oscar Hernandez and Will Smith into the equation. Today it's the Big four Otani, Bett, Freeman and the cleanup hitter Will Smith. They go a combined eleven for eighteen combine three doubles, a walk, two home runs, one from Freddy Freeman, one for Mookie Betts, seven runs batted in, and they score seven of the Dodgers eight runs. Talk about production from the top of the lineup. Nobody else five through nine had to do any of the lifting today if they didn't want to. Oh Andy paj has drove in a run, win two for five, Michael Conforto his first multi hit game since April second, Kei k had a pinch hit single, Hey Sung Kim had a s Miguel Rojas had a single off the bench. The only two Dodger starters who were hitless today were Max Munty, who went oh for four with the strikeout on a walks, and James Autman, who went over three with two punchouts before coming out of the game for Chris Taylor late in this one. The Dodgers offense was on fire and we can see they can score runs in bunches.
Speaker 4: Just go back to the other night.
Speaker 7: Down three in the ninth, they put up a sixth spot in the ninth inning to come back and beat the Diamondbacks fourteen to eleven. In the two wins of this four game series, the Dodgers scored twenty two runs fourteen and eight.
Speaker 4: Wasn't a math.
Speaker 7: Major, but I know that's twenty two runs, the eight today and the eighteen hits. The eighteen hits tying a season high for the Dodgers as they win it. They're now twenty seven and fourteen on the season. Back atop the NL West, a game in front of the San Diego Padres, who lost earlier today to the Colorado Rockies, who I mentioned in the Clubhouse Show. After their win, their seventh win of the season for the Rockies, they fired manager Buddy Black.
Speaker 4: Like that is going to change things, Like there's.
Speaker 7: Gonna be a sweeping change of emotion and talent level across that clubhouse for the Rockies that all of a sudden they're gonna become a contender now in a playoff team. Please, they're seven to thirty three. Bud Black's been there what nine years. He's pretty much a five hundred or below manager in Colorado because he doesn't have any talent.
Speaker 4: Any guys they had, I e. Nolan Arenado gone.
Speaker 7: They haven't really been able to develop any pitching in the history of that franchise. I know this isn't Rockies talk, But still I feel bad for Buddy Black, former Angels pitching coach, good guy San Diego guy, Buddy Black, and what he had to go through there and try to year in a year out make something out of nothing in Colorado and just get beat down every year in the division. And it's his fault, Okay, so he'll take it, he'll get fired, But it's not Buddy Black's fault in Colorado. That is an absolute mess in the mile highest city.
Speaker 4: But that is their.
Speaker 7: Problem to deal with. The Dodgers will tee off on them the many times they played them the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: They've already played him three.
Speaker 7: So what they've got to ten more head to head matchups in the NL West Divisional race there against the Colorado Rockies. Today the Dodgers take care of the Diamondbacks eight to one. How about Tony Gonslin five shutout Indians, three hits, four strikeouts, eighty four pitches. Got some help from his defense. Will Smith with an absolute laser to second base with two outs in the fifth after Corbyn Carroll has walked to get to first base, and one of the fastest guys in baseball, you just assume he's gonna steal second base because everybody else steals bases off the Dodgers Will Smith with an absolute laser to second to throw him out and in the fifth inning, and that would be it for Tony Gonslin. You could not ask for much more from Tony Gonson th what he has done in his three starts from coming back from Tommy John surgery. Now, he could have come back last October. We know that he even talked about he was ready to go if they needed him. They elected to save him here for twenty twenty five extra rests coming off to Tommy John surgery and extra offseason to get ready. The back injuried in spring training while lifting weights set him back a few weeks and put him on the IL to start the season. But in his three starts now he's gone at least five innings at all three. He's gone six in his last start against the Marlins, and he had seventeen strikeouts going into the game today. Four more so, he's at twenty one strikeouts in three starts, two to zero record.
Speaker 4: Can't ask for.
Speaker 7: Much more from Tony Gonson than what you've gotten out of the three starts that he has given you since starting this season coming off the injured list.
Speaker 4: In a few minutes, we'll get you.
Speaker 7: An update on a couple of Dodgers in Triple A, Oklahoma City who are working their way back from injuries, Clayton Kershaw and Michael Kopek. Let's go out to the phone though eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. We'll hear from the Dodger skipper Dave Roberts as well coming up between here at the bottom of the hour. But let's go out to Will and Wilmington. Thanks for being patience starting things off here on this Mother's Day on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Hi, Will, how are you?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Good good?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say a great win every time I come down here to work.
Speaker 2: You got all my hold I forgot what I was gonna talk about.
Speaker 7: Oh but Max Mounsey, Max Monts You want to talk about Max Monty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope they, I hope they.
Speaker 2: I hope they don't get rid of him so quick, you know, because he's such a good defensive third baseman. You know, did you see that play did today with his bare hands?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was a nice bear play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was very nicely done, Max Monty. You know, you just kind of hope he eventually flips the switch offensively. Oh for for today, Will another punch out now hitting one ninety on the season, only slugging at to eighties. You got to get all those numbers up. If he's gonna be a guy who's a home run threat like he has been in his career, and that's what he provides to this lineup. He's not an average hitter. He's not a guy that you can put at the bottom of the lineup and you know, try to spray the ball around the field.
Speaker 4: That's not what he is. He is a slug, power hitter.
Speaker 7: He is baseball from five years ago, from three years ago, home run or bust. And that's kind of what he has built his career on. And it's not a bad thing. Will and I appreciate the phone call. Max Munty is a slug guy. I mean he is a power hitting left handed bat for the Dodgers and has been ever since he burst onto the scene really in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen. He's a guy that's gonna hit you twenty plus home run, maybe get you thirty plus, like he has twice for the Dodgers. He is a power hitter. That's where his bread and butter is, and he needs to get those power numbers up, especially at the third base position. And I mentioned Michael Confordo and I'll continue to mention him because he's been given an opportunity here to play every day in left field as another left handed bat.
Speaker 4: I hope he's turned the corner. He's hit the ball hard.
Speaker 7: On this road trip in Miami, didn't see the success as far as the ball falling in for hits. But today Michael Confordo his first extra base hit, a double almost went out opposite way, his first extra base hit since April fifth, and his first multi hit game for the Dodger left fielder since April second. So maybe he's trending and coming back around offensively.
Speaker 4: You like the hope. So for this Dodgers team, which tonight.
Speaker 7: In Arizona didn't necessarily need the bottom of the lineup again, when you've got the power four the top of the lineup, including the big three of Otani, Betts, and Freeman and Will Smith throwing in today as the big four, it's gonna be hard to stop this Dodgers team. When they score seven runs, when they got eleven hits between them, a couple of home runs, three doubles, it's a lot of offense to stop. And that's a lot of offense put up on the scoreboard for any pitching staff. And today Tony Gonsolin five shot out Indan, it's great to see Jack Dryer back out there pitching two thirds of an Inningan benk Asparius gave out a two out double in the seventh inning, the only run giving up in the game. Today, Tanner Scott had pitched a scoreless eighth inning. And then Matt Soer. I love Matt Suer at Righetti High School in Santa Maria. It's aarready got a save on the season, and he's got a win that he picked up as well. In his short time up and down this year with the Dodgers, I mean, he has been asked to pitching games that are blowouts. He's been asked to pitching games to eat up innings as a middle reliever, and he has gone out there and done exactly that. He is pac man, just gobbling up outs for the Dodgers, and nice to see him out there get an opportunity to pitch the ninth inning, a one to two three inning for Matt Sower, who I really like out there, and I like his stuff. I like his makeup with his pitches, and with the injuries to this Dodger bullpen, and who knows how long some of these got are going to be before they come back. Matt Sour's gonna be one of these arms that you didn't know him before, but you're gonna like him now for what he's going to add to this Dodgers team. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. Let's head back out to Arizona. The manager Dave Roberts talking about the win and maybe a little thought about Buddy Black being fired by the Rockies.
Speaker 1: Really good team win.
Speaker 8: I thought Tony on regular rest did a really nice job. I thought he got better as the game went on, worked ahead. The first pitch strike percentage was really high, kept him off balance. I thought his secondary stuff was was on point and gave us five huge innings and then to be hat to pass it to the bullpen was big today and still stay away from Kirby and just offensively.
Speaker 1: I thought we really took good at best today.
Speaker 4: It's no secret that Freddie Freeman is. Whether he's found astride offensively has been fantastic. What is something that just kind of stands out.
Speaker 1: To you though?
Speaker 4: Just with his at bats?
Speaker 8: I just think he's relentless. And I'm sure you know, obviously he's swinging a hot bat. I'm sure Mother's Day certainly always means a lot to him in particular, and he carried us this road trip and he's.
Speaker 1: Been ailing, and you know, I thought, I remember.
Speaker 8: Even before the trip started, when the trip started, we talking about giving him a day off at some point, but you know, he persevered and we needed every bit of it.
Speaker 7: Are you surprised he's hitting three seventy six coming off the ankle and everything.
Speaker 1: That's where came with it, You know what?
Speaker 8: I guess it's one of those things that I am. But I think it's just a byproduct that he just doesn't give anything away and he's just taking good at bats.
Speaker 1: And I looked up the other day and saw he was hitting three sixteen.
Speaker 8: I had no idea, but kind of when you look into it, it's just he's just really, like I said, he's just been relentless.
Speaker 5: You think he's surprised you think he was kind of expecting to be able to come back and be, you know, as good as he has been.
Speaker 1: In this last week. You know, I don't know. I do know that we've talked about a new normal form.
Speaker 8: I know he's not one hundred percent, but I do feel that he's seeing the baseball well, swinging his strikes like he does.
Speaker 1: And I think you really understand how.
Speaker 8: His body's moving right now with regards to his swing.
Speaker 7: You see, he's not one hundred percent, but we still talk about the ankle.
Speaker 1: H we're still till with the ankle.
Speaker 8: But but he's moving really well, and so I think that he's doing a really nice job of sort of playing with the governor managing it, you know, knowing when to pick his spots, managers, working all that you've.
Speaker 1: Seen to be like this good.
Speaker 7: I know last year was kind of frustrated with the swing seem in the all season long.
Speaker 8: It's you know, I can't remember him being this good for this long as far as the stretch. And yeah, I mean I'm trying. I hope he doesn't overthink you, which I'm sure he doesn't. But it's been a while that i've seen him disconsistent.
Speaker 5: One part of what he's gone through physically almost contributes to that where you know he has to kind of put a little extra in to get through with the ankle.
Speaker 4: And maybe now it's you.
Speaker 8: Know what, maybe that with the ankle that he's very precise with his mechanics and trying to stay within himself. He's already got a simple swing, simple approach, but this might be something where you know, because of the right ankle, that he is being more mindful than not trying to overswing or do too much.
Speaker 7: Maybe, all right, there's Dave Roberts, Dodger manager, talking a lot about Tony Gonsolin and how he got better after he changed his cleats. By the way, I want to make sure I bring that up again. He had his pink Mother's Day cleats on the first two innings and kind of kept looking down on the mound, just didn't feel like he was getting the right grip on his landing front left leg. Maybe the cleats weren't were right, and he said, yeah, in fact, afterwards, he just didn't feel right. So we went back to his original cleats that he's been wearing and went back out there and pitched three more innings, had a one two three fourth inning, including a couple of strikeouts, five shutout innings for Tony Gonson. You heard Dave Roberts talking about Freddy Freeman as well. Freddie Freeman four for four, two doubles, a home run, three RBI, now hitting him three seventy six. Dave Roberts also was asked about Bud Black and commented on the Rockies firing the Dodger manager, and this is via Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register. He called him a mentor in his managing career and said quote, I'm bummed. I'm disappointed. I don't think Casey Stingle could change the outcome of that ball club. And that's not the manager's fault, but obviously they felt they needed a change in voice or direction. But for me, there's not many people that are better than Buddy Black. So yeah, that's very disappointing. It's certainly not his doing and I echo that, and I absolutely agree. Buddy Black one of the great guys in baseball, former player, coach, pitching coach, and now manager fired by the Colorado Rockies. We'll continue here on Dodger talking when we come back. More of your phone calls. Dodgers get the win over the Arizona Diamondbacks on this Mother's Day. Eight to one is your final. Freeman goes deep, Bets goes deep. Dodgers eighteen hits in the game today, Tony Gonslin five shoutout innings.
Speaker 4: He gets the win.
Speaker 7: Dodgers a happy fly a home after a six and four road trip that ended with an eight to one win over the Diabacks. It's Dodger Talk here on A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere for all those of you listening on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: App AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: All of those things.
Speaker 5: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: We're streaming online. We stream every game too. Come find it.
Speaker 6: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Hitch the Bets swings and he hits one up of the air tape to right center.
Speaker 4: It is heading back toward the track to the wall. A hold run for Bets.
Speaker 1: Mookie goes yard and it is six to one.
Speaker 7: Mookie Bets goes deep, a solo shot in the ninth is sixth of this season.
Speaker 4: Dodgers were They're done.
Speaker 7: Will Smith and RBI double, Andy Pajz and RBIs single two more in the ninth Dodgers go on and beat the Diamondbacks eight to one. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Go to am FI seven y LA sports dot Com keyword home run for your chance to win it fifty dollars. Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs to the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Tim Kate's back with you here on Dodger Talk on this Mother's Day. Thanks for being with us as you enjoy this hot Sunday afternoon. As the Dodgers wrap up their ten game road trip, their longest of this season, tay two to three in Atlanta, two of three from the Marlins in Miami, and then they get a four game split with the Arizona Diamondbacks. As they win it today eight to one over the Snakes, they tie a season high with eighteen hits as they now have a one game lead over the San Diego Padres in the NL West, three games up on the Giants, who got swept, right, Colin, They got swept by the Minnesota Twins. How does that happen? Interesting? They lose three games to the Minnesota Twins, a Minnesota's Twins team that's.
Speaker 4: Now won eight in a row.
Speaker 7: Look out Twins over five hundred, but still sitting in fourth place in the Central Division of the American League. The Diamonbacks with the loss today, now six games back of the Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies minus Bud Black, who they fired this afternoon seven and thirty three. They actually won a game today over the Padres. They are nineteen and a half games back in the NL West. Just think the Dodgers and Padres. They don't square off until June. That's the first time the Dodgers and Padres will go at it. And then they play like six times in a two and a half week stretch in San Diego and at Dodgers Stadium. So those series against the Padres will come up and they'll be fast and furious when they do get here next month. But the Dodgers now back home Tuesday for a nine game homestand three against the A's, three against the Angels, and three against the Arizona Diamondbacks, and don't sleep on the athletics. The don't call me Oakland. We're not in Vegas yet, We're in Sacramento. A's twenty one and twenty overall on this season, and the Dodgers are gonna see one of their young stud right handers, Gunner Hoglin, on Wednesday, and that's a really good young A's team. Jacob Wilson at a Grand Canyon University, Thousand Oaks High School. His dad Jack coached him, and the other Max Munsey, who's playing second base for the A's, they were teammates just a couple of years ago at Thousand Oaks High School. Now, Jacob Wilson, who is a stud hitting three forty eight on the season at eight forty one ops, the shortstop for the A's, will be coming back home as the A's visit Dodger Stadium Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ten. It's available, by the way at Dodgers dot com. Justin in Santa Monica, thanks for being patient. Welcome to this Mother's Day edition of Dodger Talk. After an eight to one win over the Snake. How you doing, Justin?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Jim, Thanks for taking my call. You know, and seeing that in his mother's day, you know, I wanted to just pass on what some good motherly advice that my mom would give me, which is, if I give you something, really, if I give you something that's important that's expensive, I want you to take care of it. And with that said, I really want to address our training staff and the litany of injuries that we have had this year going into last year. I kind of called about this before, but the head athletic trader, who's this is his third year and now you have Glas Now hurt for a second year.
Speaker 1: In a row.
Speaker 7: It's not their probably, I know, justin I appreciate the phone call, but I'm not going to let you go after the training staff of the Dodgers. Okay, Blake Snell is not a pitcher who comes in and something happened with him and it's blamed somebody for his injury. Blake Snell's arm and shoulder is barking. There has nothing to do with the training staff of the Dodgers. The injury to Tyler Glass Now, I mean, last time I look, Tyler glass Now is always hurt and when he's not hurt, he's really good. But the problem is he's always hurt. That's not the training staff of the Dodgers' fault, because that goes back to Tampa, that goes back.
Speaker 4: To Pittsburgh when he first came up in the big leagues.
Speaker 7: They use a lot of arms, that's.
Speaker 4: Not a question.
Speaker 7: They use a lot of arms, and they go through pitchers, and they ask pitchers to go out there and use and throw a lot of innings.
Speaker 4: That's not a surprise.
Speaker 7: That's not a surprise to anybody, the injuries to these arms.
Speaker 4: There is something to look.
Speaker 7: At across baseball for the fact that Gavin Stone, I mean, I'll look at Gavin Stone. Example, Gavin Stone carried this Dodgers team last year and threw a lot of innings, the most in his major league career, most of his professional career at any level.
Speaker 4: Gavin Stone was asked.
Speaker 7: To go out there every five days and did so without a complaint, and then his arm just gave out on him. His shoulder, I think is what it was for Gavin Stone. Kyle Hurt, River, Ryan Immit, Shean. All guys come up and ask to do a thing, but it's not an athletic training issue. It's not the strength and conditioning program of the Dodgers. There's a bigger issue in baseball with the amount of injuries there are. How many abductor injuries have you seen in baseball? Do you even know where the abductor is? How many glute injuries are there now in baseball, more than we've ever seen before. I mean, there's a lot of issues across baseball with injuries. And you can't just point the finger at the Dodgers for the amount of injuries that are happening. It's an epidemic across baseball. The amount of injuries that happened, and I don't want to hear will look shorten the season because folks, for one hundred and fifty plus years, injuries weren't a problem for guys and the travel was a lot harder back then. The travel thirty years ago was a lot harder for teams getting from city to city, you know, not traveling in style and luxury like these guys are. Not not that that prevents injuries, but it certainly eases stress on travel and lifestyle and the wear and tear of a season. But the Dodgers pitching staff and the amount of injuries cannot be pointed at anybody come on, that's insane to sit there and say the amount of injuries are because they're training them some way, or they're not training them some way, or look at other teams.
Speaker 4: It's not the case.
Speaker 7: The only thing you can say is the amount of innings these guys are pitched. There's a lot of usage on arms. I ask you about Bruce dark Gratural, I'm gonna just throw out him as an example. Bruce dark Graderol. The guy is built like a Bozuka. That's his name, twenty six years old. Bruce dar Graderol is not thirty six, folks. Bruce dar Graderol is twenty six years old and has been battling arm issues since he was with the Twins, and he was traded for Kentamayida and came over a deal after the twenty nineteen season, came to the Dodgers in twenty twenty, burst onto the scene.
Speaker 4: We all fell in love with them.
Speaker 7: In the bubble down in Arlington for going back and forth with Tatissa. Machado pitched in thirty four games in twenty one, forty six games in twenty two, sixty eight games. He pitched out of the bullpen in twenty twenty three sixty seven and third innings, asked to do a lot in twenty twenty three, came back a year ago, he pitched seven innings a year ago.
Speaker 4: What is it that?
Speaker 7: And they had it was the hamstring or calf that he injured. So what is it about Bruce darc graderol? Is it somebody's fault that he keeps getting hurt? Is it his body shutting down? I mean, the guy is a pretty impressive specimen when you look at him, six' two two sixty, five built like an, ox can throw one hundred miles an.
Speaker 4: Hour why does he keep getting? HURT i don't.
Speaker 7: KNOW i don't know why he keeps getting hurt and continues to have shoulder issues and its started the season on this sixty day.
Speaker 4: IL i don't point the.
Speaker 7: Finger at the athletic training staff or their strength and conditioning. Coaches it's just not their. Fault the amount of innings these guys. Pitch that is the only thing you can look. At do you think these guys AND i, say these, guys these, owners these, teams and not to go out on a soapbox here in a, rant but just real quickly you talk about it protecting your. Investment these guys get protected more than they ever have in the history of baseball because they're making so much. Money because a guy is making basically a million dollars a start if he is one of the top pitchers in. Baseball and that's what these guys are. Getting these, pictures a million dollars a. Start when you look at, it guy's getting paid forty million. Dollars he's making thirty plus. Starts, yeah that's over a million dollars a start for upper, echelon top pitchers in.
Speaker 4: Baseball, so, yeah you're gonna baby these.
Speaker 7: Guys AND i, say, baby you're gonna side, on you gonna you're you're on the side of. Caution when the arm's barking a little, bit there's a little bit of. STRAIN i, mean back in the, day it used to be pitched through, it dead. Arm let's dead, arm pitch through. It now it's shut a guy. Down let's see how it reacts to some. Treatment we got a lot invested in this. Guy the last thing we want to do is lose him for a, season lose them for a year.
Speaker 4: And a half because Of Tommy.
Speaker 7: John so there is a lot of protection you could even make the case there's over protection on players in professional sports now because of how much money is invested in pay to these.
Speaker 4: Players and if you're an owner and you're investing six million dollars in a, Reliever, Yeah i'm gonna look at this. Asay, okay Maybe i'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna shut him down for ten to fifteen days on the il because his arm's a little tight AND i don't want to get worse because he's just pitched in seven games in the last four seven of the last fourteen games that we've played. In, okay So i'm gonna shut him down realizing That i'm not gonna risk losing him for the second half of the season just Because i've used him a lot here in the twenty one day stretch or two week, stretch whatever it. Is so, yeah there is a lot of protection of these players and the overall injuries that are happening more and more. Now that is a great. Study AND i guarantee you if there was an answer to why there are so many injuries and a solution to how to fix it with all these arm, INJURIES i think there would be a, race a sprint to see who can get there fast to get that, answer to get that magic, remedy to find out the solution and then implement. It because the last thing you want as an, owner as a professional league is to have your top players, hurt to have a lot of stars, hurt to have guys missing games because of.
Speaker 4: Injuries it's bad for your, product it's bad for the.
Speaker 7: Game you're gonna get people who lose interest in your sport because your stars are all. Hurt And i'm not saying that all the stars are hurt right, now but you want to keep these guys healthy and on the field and playing as many games as, possible showcasing their talents as much as. Possible i'm off my, Soapbox glenn And. Himmett thanks for being.
Speaker 4: Patient.
Speaker 7: GLENN i just had to get that out BECAUSE i can't believe would point the finger at the training.
Speaker 4: Staff go go, Ahead.
Speaker 1: Glenn thank you for taking my.
Speaker 6: CALL i wanted to talk to you About Dalton.
Speaker 3: Rushing how soon will he be coming?
Speaker 4: Up it's a great, Question. GLENN i appreciate the phone.
Speaker 7: Call we talked About Dalton rushing a couple of days ago down In Triple Oklahoma. City Dalton rushing on the season now hitting three zho, four four home, runs fourteen. Ribis he got a start in left field last week AND i got really excited about, it AND i, Thought, okay here we, Go Dalton rushings making the switch from catcher back out to left. Field Michael confordo is, Struggling so The dodgers now see a path to the major leagues For Dalton, rushing not a, catcher not at first. Base that path is left. Field with the struggles Of Michael. Confordo, unfortunately we're now Seeing Dalton rushing back behind the. PLATE i say unfortunately because again the question is is there a spot for him at the major leagues right now with The dodgers as a. Catcher there is a roadblock by the name Of Will, smith and there's also a roadblock With Austin. Barnes and the only way right now we're gonna See Dalton rushing get to the major leagues as a catcher if there's an injury To Will.
Speaker 4: Smith and we do not want. That you don't want andrey to.
Speaker 7: Anybody but there's no way they're Bringing Dalton rushing up to back, up to sit on the bench and only play in one game in every three.
Speaker 1: Days of a.
Speaker 4: Series you have to.
Speaker 7: Give if he's called, up he's playing every, day Like Andy, Pius like hey Song. Kim right, now if he's gonna get called, up he has to play every. Day if, not you have to send him back down To TRIPLE a so he can get three to four at bats every single. Day so right, now there is a roadblock For Dalton rushing to the big. Leagues AND i said it a few weeks, AGO i would be interested to see what they do at the trade deadline with A Dalton rushing in your back pocket as a trade, chip as something you could look, to maybe get another, starter get another, bullpen high leverage, reliever. Something at the trade, deadline you gotta give up something to give something to get Something Dalton rushing because of the. Logjam i'm just, saying could be interesting to see if he is something The dodgers would be willing to trade at the deadline because of just a roadblock.
Speaker 4: Even at first.
Speaker 7: Base Freddie freeman's under contract for another two plus, Seasons so is there a chance for him to play every? Day?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 7: No is there a chance for him to play every day as a designated hitter for The Dodgers last TIME i, looked there is a guy named Shoe Hey. Otani ever heard of. Him he's your designated. Hitter the only path right now to play every day would be in left, field if that were even an. Opportunity just my. Opinion so there's your update On Dalton rushing, quickly an update On Clayton, kershaw the Future hall Of, famer scheduled to come off THE il Next sunday of the. Eighteenth it lines up perfectly to get a start that. Day today he threw a minor league rehab appearance In Oklahoma. City four innings, pitch two, runs two, hits two, walks two, strikeouts twos are wild today For Clayton, kershaw fifty seven total. Pitches AND i look At clayton his, age AND i look At Clayton kershaw the last two, years AND i had to do a.
Speaker 4: Double take BECAUSE i totally forgot about.
Speaker 7: This Clayton kershaw last Year dodger fans only made seven starts in twenty twenty. Four he had shoulder surgery after the twenty three. Season you remember that he had shoulder, surgery came, back did not make a start for The dodgers last year Until july twenty, fifth made seven starts and then was shut Down Labor day, weekend seven starts all of last, year and now was making his way. Back it's been a long year plus For Clayton. Kershaw when you think about, It it's not like he got thirty starts a year ago and then had the tow knee surgery and now coming. Back he is now basically a year and a half removed from his shoulder surgery and only seven starts underneath him at the big. Leagues i'm interested to see What Clayton kershaw's got left in the tank now moving, forward how anxious he is to get back out there on the, mound and how much of a you, know a shot of adrenaline he could be for This dodger rotation moving, forward because it'd be great to Get Clayton kershaw back pitching every five. Days lengthen this rotation a little bit to go With sazaki And yamamoto And Landon knack And Dustin may And Tony, gonsolin The dodgers can finally get to be in a six man rotation which they are built up to be With yamamoto And sasaki only pitching one day a, week you've got to have four other starters to fill the void to have a six man, rotation and now you Add Clayton kershaw potentially Next sunday when he can be activated off the injured.
Speaker 4: List this is going to be big for The. Dodgers, again only seven starts a year.
Speaker 7: Ago he hasn't gotten a lot of work at the big league, level some minor league rehab starts the last few, weeks and it's trending right now For Clayton kershaw to pitch next week or so for The. Dodgers, also one quick Update Michael, kopek Another dodger reliever whose arm was barking In october after a lot of. Usage Michael copek his second outing IN Triplea Oklahoma city today in a rehab. Appearance he retired three of the four batters he, faced two. Strikeouts he threw fourteen, pitches ten for, strikes and he reportedly was touching ninety nine miles an. Hour Michael kopek trending in the right. DIRECTION i love. This starting to see some positive news on the injury front that to go along with Ta Oscar hernandez's groin not as bad as initially thought And Tommy edmond scheduled to come off the injured list for this homestand The dodgers electing not to bring him off THE il in the series In arizona because the artificial turf and the wear and tear and just safer to bring him back on a few more extra days of rest and back on natural grass At Dodger stadium on T. Tuesday so really good. News finally the injury bug is turned for The dodgers and they're now starting to get some positive, news positive, results and guys coming back to help out this.
Speaker 4: Team is he In? Anaheim is he?
Speaker 7: SORRY i couldn't be at the birthday party? Yesterday we Had dodger pregame yesterday. Afternoon happy belated. Birthday how you.
Speaker 4: Doing, yeah it's.
Speaker 3: OKAY a lot of people are gonna. Come a lot of people can't show them, Yesterday, jo it was pretty, bizarre but it's. Okay, kim don't. WORRY i want to tell you what that called it with training, bug the training. Chap when did he play? Baseball when did oh the trainee jap? Playday? Fine how it can be his?
Speaker 6: Fault?
Speaker 3: CHICKEN i? Agree we gain good black. Fire that was, Ridiculous And i'm, said but you never answering my, my your question last week when we, TALKED i always wanted to know how did did how you? Did pay it started? Pitching that gets you, know the nineteen the. BLOWOUT i hate that. Too that's the next THING i hate To, yeah and we guys, dream how give we guys some how give the? GOALSEN i gotta Got david from all?
Speaker 4: Right is?
Speaker 7: He happy belated birthday to. You happy belated birthday to. You when position players start pitching more and, more when they really adapted the rule, now so it's got to be a.
Speaker 4: Ten run rule or at home an eight run.
Speaker 7: Deficit or something like. That but it's been more and more in the last few. Years and it happens late in, games certainly when games are out of, reach and you know at that point you don't want anybody to have to be used in a, situation and certainly you just want to get out of there as fast as possible with limited damage the rest of the. Way and what is usually a blowout situation ten runs or. More so that's why you see it more and more, now is he? So happy belated birthday to?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Izzy And anahu that's gonna do. It for This Mother's day edition Of Dodger talk, Again Happy Mother's day to my.
Speaker 7: Mom Happy Mother's day to my, wife who is driving back safely and at the speed limit right now on the Ten freeway coming back From. Arizona seen our oldest Daughter. Ruby Happy Mother's day To. Colin he's beautiful. Mom happy birthday to. Everybody happy, Birthday Happy Mother's day to everybody out. There have a safe rest of Your sunday. Afternoon dodger's off, Tomorrow back at it On, Tuesday Maron Ooksino dodgers On deck begins at six. O'clock first pitch at seven to, ten landing Neck Jeffrey springs the pitching matchup in the opener of this three game series and the opener of.
Speaker 4: This nine Game homestand, Sorry.
Speaker 7: Brad, paisley maybe next time you'll call in until then so everybody some, cheers stop.
Speaker 1: Complain