Speaker 1: When you look on the sky, do you feel the poll the question why the stories told and left behind in shadows where the truth we find? They built their tails on grafts and lights on theories.
Speaker 2: They stay there, designed.
Speaker 1: Put down here on this solid ground.
Speaker 2: The answer screamed, They're.
Speaker 3: All round.
Speaker 1: Right, the same break through all the.
Speaker 2: Fat Welcome back to truth seekers from around the world. It's time for another edition of the Flat Earth Files podcast. I'm your host is always George Hobbes. I hope this message finds you well as we record. It's Tuesday, August fifth, twenty twenty five. And joining us today from the show Me State is Darren. Darren, Good afternoon again. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to join us today.
Speaker 4: Of course, thanks for having me on yep.
Speaker 2: And why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself to the audience.
Speaker 4: Okay, Like I said, my name is Darren.
Speaker 5: I've kind of always been interested in a fair amount of conspiracy theories and wasn't really exposed to the idea of flat earth till later in life.
Speaker 4: I kind of was odd.
Speaker 5: Right before I was exposed to it, I had watched several documentaries and read books and felt like I truly had this understanding of how the Earth was, how the world, the galaxy and all the universe created, the individual atoms slamming together and creating new elements in these stars and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: And then end up a random.
Speaker 5: Conversation about camping, the guy who couldn't sleep, just talking at a tent, and he's kind of listening to you rambalant about stuff, and we're talking about the Bible and all of my knowledge on how the universe was created, and then he starts saying certain things, and I finally it was kind of listening consens like do you think the Earth is flat? And I never talked to a quote unquote flat earther before, and I'm kind of just listening to him, and then come to find out he's starting talk about the math and certain things. And I'm starting to think I'm the crazy one now because everything he's saying is making sense and I can't refute anything he's saying. And then the next day we're heading home and I had to call my wife. I was kind of nervous to talk to her because who wants to say, oh, yeah, I think the Earth is flat? Like it's obviously not. And of course start looking into it, and here we are on the coming on the show, and start looking into the Bible. And I'd always grew up thinking, well, it was written in terms they understood. They thought earth is flat. And then you start saying intentional wording like placed on the foundation, so it should never be moved. That's not an accident, that's not just words and the best of your descriptions. That's purposeful and meaningful.
Speaker 2: Why they said that, Yeah, And one of the common things people will say was like, oh, they weren't very smart back then. I would challenge anybody that they were more in tune with the world and how the things works. Like if you look at I think it's Jubilees, chapter ten. It talks about how Noah went and gathered every remedy, like they knew exactly if you had a cold dandelion nettle, like everything had a use for it. And at some point in our life everything was hijacked medicine, you know, Copernicus. Obviously there's things they say, you know, happen longer ago, but I think the real push was about five hundred years ago, and they hijacked everything and all of it, whether it's the Big Bang theory or heliocentrism or evolution, it's all too trivial, trivialize God, right, That's really what it is. And like you said when we were talking earlier, once you see these things, there's no going back, and then the veil kind of falls from your eyes and you're able to see through the other lies, in my opinion, more easily.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's one of those.
Speaker 5: I mean, everywhere I go, I'm starting to We were at a park the other day and I could see this tower way off.
Speaker 4: In the distance.
Speaker 5: It's like most normal people, I kind of pull out my compass and get Asthmthus.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go back and get on maps.
Speaker 5: I'm going to measure out how far that tower is and just see how the math and everything works up. Actually was trying to do that this morning, and I was scanning through and I went quite a ways out. I still haven't found the water tower it was. But it's just you start to notice things in life and all these different aspects and it starts to really add up that maybe you were fooled your entire life.
Speaker 2: How did that make you feel when you finally you know settled yet Yep, the Earth is flight did you was? Was it a big shift in your life? Was it something that you were kind of like disappointed in yourself. That's kind of the way I felt that, you know, man, they got one on me over again. Or was it kind of an excitement that you wanted to share with everyone.
Speaker 5: It was kind of an excitement. I wanted to share it, definitely, I was. I didn't feel like you normally do when you feel fooled. I kind of really deep into my faith and kind of has set me on a new path. I wanted to share with people, and I was very foolish, and I wanted to share it with my brother. And I'd never talked to him about heart of any conspiracy theories, even like the moon landing, and I dived straight into this, and of course, come to find out, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: There's zero chance the moonlanding was faked.
Speaker 5: And so I learned, like, maybe there's some things you start off with when you start to talking about people like this and the breadcrumbs and I myself talking to the guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wasn't rude to them.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Okay, this guy is crazy, but I kind of want to hear what he has to say, and it turns out, okay, I learned something. I've learned a lot from the show, as far as maybe leave some bread crumbs, just mentioned some things and let them kind of be like, oh, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Where did you hear about this? What else do you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that's important because there's a very good chance they're going to come across that again, whether it's a TikTok video or social media, or they hear something and they're like, well, I remember, you know this guy talking about it. Maybe there's something to it, just enough to get them curious enough to get them look at it on their own, because that's the key. You can talk to you till you're bluing the face. If they are not willing to listen, it's a losing battle.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And to me, like the math is a big deal where most of the math they push out like, well, we have a lot of people that don't believe in God, but the sun's ninety three million miles away. We trust them because it's numbers and someone in authority said it. But when you start especially a big part to me was the ballistic math and artillery and certain weapons systems where these this curvature's not added in there, and I mean you're you're told about like the choreolis effecting this, and it's like, well, it should have a drastic effect in different directions you're shooting, not just oh, it's always going to be this direction. This is your formula for can constantly vary on whichever range you're at by which direction the range is facing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting because a lot of military guys Jose who his podcast will be dropping tomorrow night, he was in the military. He was a commo guy, and we have a lot of line of sight equipment, right, commo equipment, and we have retransites out there because our line of sight only goes so far, so they set up like a relay antenna that sends it forward. And you know, we think of these things through my life, whether it's my fifth grade teacher explaining gravity, spinning a bucket with water, where you see these line of sight things, but we just never take that next step on our own. It seems like like we just it's not that important anyway, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, we just whatever is kind of in the media at the time is what we're worried about it. We're completely panicked about whatever issue it is, and then the next day the media changes and we've forgotten completely about it. I mean, now we've got this al in spaceship coming that could possibly be a threat. But it's the most grany image. It's somehow like the picture of the lockless monster.
Speaker 4: You'd see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have beautiful pictures of galaxies and stars millions of light years away, but this thing that's possibly an impending threat on the Earth, we've got this picture from eighteen twenty five.
Speaker 2: It really is a shame that we are so quick to these divide and conquers schemes that they have right and people are more concerned about the left and the right paradigm than they are just concentrating on their faith and helping out their fellow human I think that's something that we have to do a better job. I even think there's a lot of people who we you know, the quote unquote normies are starting to see that a lot of this is nonsense, and you know, it's not really America first and and I guess this is a great transition time here COVID because COVID woke a lot of people up and you have a very interesting story about COVID it and how where you were in the world and how that all came about, if you'd like to share that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean we had we just landed in Guam and we were going to the PX on the Navy base and there's this line just out the door, and I'm like, well, I'm not getting anything today. I mean, I've never seen it like that. I mean, those have been in the military, especially the PX is like overseas, like even Black Friday, Like you wake up at nine o'clock, there's some people that get there at like four or five o'clock in the morning, but after a couple hours it's all gone. You can just go in and shop freely. So I did not know what was going on for this PX to be backed out the door. We'll kind of find out that COVID was going on, and it's social distancing and masks, and I mean throughout Asia, I mean I honestly, I mean if it was not for the News, I would have not even known COVID was a thing. I mean, granted that throughout a lot of Asia, masks are a common thing. If they're sick, they're going to wear them, and they do that. I mean, most Asians are just much more courteous than Americans, so I were pretty kind of selfish. People don't be that offensively. We've got our two speakers and we're just kind of in our own world where it's they're just a little lot more respectful to each other. So the mask wasn't a shock. And especially living in a country with mask, you would not know COVID was a thing without the media telling you it was so deadly. And I actually got COVID in quarantine. I was getting out of the military at the time, and you had to go. They had this barracks and they have their protective caution tape. You're not allowed to cross this border. But people are coming there every single day, and you got to be there for two weeks in order to leave. Well, everyone musters in this one tiny little room every morning. So the guys that's been there for two hours and the guy's been there for two weeks, all are crammed into this room to get accountability of everyone.
Speaker 4: And it's just foolish to me.
Speaker 5: I mean, if it was actually something severe, I mean, because I got COVID there, I mean, it sucked for about a day. I mean, I know some people were a little less fortunate, but it was not near the risk I had been preached to about.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like everything else, even with the flu, that the annual flu, it's going to affect. People who have other issues are going to have more of a chance, right, And and that's life. And we've never shut down the world before because of an illness. And that is something that I took, you know, I took very personally. And I've encouraged other pastors to write letters and send them to their state senators, to their state reps, to their governors, to their sheriffs and tell them that you're never going to shut down again. And I've laid out templates for people to use. It's very important, especially if you if you lead a church, to lead and understand that the church is more important than than the liquors. You know, the liquor stores stayed open, the abortion clinics, state open, all these things that they deemed, you know, essential, right, and then they looked at the mom and pop stores and said, you're non essential. And we saw just it was the biggest transition of wealth in our history, literally from the from the middle guys to the wealthy, and I don't know if we'll ever truly recover from it.
Speaker 5: No, I was I was reading some statistics and it said, and I haven't verified this, but one hundred percent of small businesses closed within the first year of not.
Speaker 4: Being allowed to be open.
Speaker 5: It's just I think we've gotten in this almost self police state. So I was talking before. We run a homestead and we sell raw milk, and I had posted on a Reddit chat for homesteading that this was for sale in case anyone in our state was interested in it, and the moderator of the chat actually had to come on and say, stop reporting this guy, it's legal, Missourian. It's like you had the opportunity say it was illegal here. You had the opportunity to comment on there or message me privately say hey, you might want to check the laws in the area. This may not be legal. Instead of doing that, we're just going to report it. We have to report everything. Everything needs to be a new law. There's no ability for individuals to discern what is right or wrong. If we don't like something, we have to pass legislation to make there be a consequence for this choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, and I don't understand why anybody in their right mind would want to give this government more power. There is a growing trend where I live. I'm in a more rural area like yourself, where we all do transactions in cash.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, and that's one thing they want to get rid of. I mean most of our businesses in cash. I mean occasionally a check, and I mean there's one or two people that will send cash app or Venmo, but most of it's cash. And I mean that gets to be dangerous. You cannot see where our money's going, or of course they're not getting their cut of it, which is a big thing I worried about.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's why we're intentionally we don't want to do business with the government that is not looking out for our best interest. If you're right, if you're taking upwards of twenty I think for some folks, twenty four percent of their money, which means twenty four percent of your efforts to feed your family, to provide to your family go to an entity that isn't looking out for you. I don't want to be a part of that's system. I want to keep as far out as I can. Right, and people think We've been trained to think that if we vote harder, if we get out there and we say, this guy's going to take care of us, everything's going to be fine. But even the most diehard and I was on the Trump train ten years ago, too, right, and you realize it's all it's all a show that if you are on the world stage, it doesn't matter if you're in my opinion, if it's music, if it's whatever it is, you're part of the show. You're a character in the show, whether it's Mark Zuckerberg or Donald Trump, or Kamala Harris or you know, named the biggest pop star out there. I think you have to be part of the club to be on the stage. That's my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I would definitely agree. I think a big problem is us as a people. We've lost ability to research. We do confirmation biased. I want to believe this is true, so I'm going to find stuff that says this is true rather than going into it.
Speaker 4: And I used to be that guy.
Speaker 5: And I was fortunate enough in high school I had a teachers formerly in the Armies, lieutenant colonelies. He made us do It was a political science class and we had to debate things. But we had to give a presentation on the pros and cons and I had to do one on gun control, and I am very staunchly against gun control, but having to research both sides it makes me more informed. I had another teacher and didn't believe in evolution, so he refused to take a class on it. And I'm not saying I believe in evolution at all, especially there. That's a whole another rabbit trail for probably a different kind of show. But if you if you don't believe in something like educate yourself on it so you can be informed rather than just saying, oh, that's a lie, that's not true.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I think.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of what you see when you think of a quote unquote flat earther is they're just shoving this down in your throat and making out like like you're just dumb and you're crazy, rather than having this conversation. And in our day to day politics, we hate each other because we picked that left or right rather realize there's for the most of us. Now, there are some a little crazier than others, but most of us could sit down and have dinner and have a decent conversation regardless of who we voted for.
Speaker 4: But the media tells us that's not possible.
Speaker 2: That's really important, you know, You and I and many of the military guys who's been on this before understand what combat is. And for us not wanting our children or grandchildren to go off to combat doesn't make us flame and libtards, as they say, right, it just means that we care about humanity and the true reason for war is either for resources for minerals or for that first rule on the Georgia guidestones, which is keeping humanity at five hundred million. It's population control, and it really and you made a great point, by the way, so many of the touchy subjects that I'll get emails about, just for instance, like the Little season, or you know that there's been a big push for this messianic a lot of our listeners won't eat pork anymore, and things of that nature. I've researched it. I think it's okay to have a conversation. So for me, I'll go research these things that I hear and then I'll make a decision. But since I've done that research, I'll be able to instead of just saying I don't believe that. Why, well, I just don't believe that. I can articulate why I don't believe that, because I've researched it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: My mom actually gave me one of the best confidents I've given in my life. And most of my family has definitely drifted away from God.
Speaker 4: And I was talking to my song.
Speaker 5: She's like, yeah, you guys definitely take the Bible a little more hard core than everyone else. And I was like, I mean, I know you didn't mean that politely, but when we take this as a complient.
Speaker 4: I was speaking.
Speaker 5: Specifically about the pork issue and reading the Bible, I found things that makes it seem like it's justified to me. And I mean absolutely, if I'm wrong, I'm always open to reading additional information. But she was like, oh, well, you'll have to do no shell fish and all this. Yes, that's where we're at when we were researching. That's what God calls you to do is more important than what you want to do. I can put down some shrimp. You give me a five gallon bucket of shrimp and it's going to be empty. But if God is telling me I can't do that, that's what I'm gonna do, and that.
Speaker 2: Is something it's interesting. You know I've mentioned before, Now that I'm in seminary, I'll be honest with you, I have more questions than I do that I did before I started. And it's part of it is because whether you know you're in one denomination, every pastor within that denomination is going to give you different answers to your questions. So it's important. Like I encourage people to listen to the podcasts and they have their favorite YouTubers, but there is nothing that can replace sitting down and reading the Bible for yourself.
Speaker 5: I mean, I definitely one hundred scent agree with that. I've learned so many things I never heard in church by just reading the Bible. And if it's a living word, I mean it's it's meant to speak different things at different.
Speaker 4: Points in your life.
Speaker 5: Sometimes this relevance, this information is not needed in this time of life.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 5: You're going to come back and like, wow, this is this is completely different when I read it before. And any church you go to you should be rea on your own, not just okay. We go to church for an hour a week, maybe two hours, and then we go on about our day like that that makes God a hobby at best, where says man can live on the word alone rather than by food. I know I butchered that scripture, but I think the message is still there. You're meant to do much more than just go to church on Sundays. And I think a lot of us we've struggled with our own church right now because it is all about the membership. We preach the love and the mercy of God, and I'm not saying those things don't need me preach, but there's some It mentions the wrath of God a lot more than it mentions the mercy and the Bible.
Speaker 2: He is a loving God and he loves us all, but he doesn't love our sin. And I think that's where people kind of don't get it, and they don't really. So two of the big things that I push is discipleship, because I realized I couldn't save the world by myself by creating disciples, and they creating disciples is how it's done. But also getting people to understand what repentants me. Right, when Johnny gets shot, gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, is he is he sorry he got caught? Or is he sorry he disobeyed his mom, He's sorry he got caught. And repentance is understanding your actions are sinful and then actually attempting to change your life, to turn it around, as they say, turn from sin, turn to God.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I think the tolerance preached today and I'm not advocating for the bullying and belittling of anyone for whatever beliefs they have, even if you think they're wrong. But the tolerance is just the Satanic opposite of repentance. It says that everything is okay, not that, oh I've messed up. I need to ask God for forgiveness and I need to truly repent. You are turning yourself away from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think there should be a sense of urgency. I think we are coming. And again let me preface this with I am not a prophet by any stretch, but if you look at the math, you know, I do believe that the world was created in seven six literal days and then he rested. But I also think there is something to every thousand years being a day as well into the future. And if you look at the seven year Plan with the three Great Epics being two thousand years a piece and then Jesus dying, you know, at thirty a D which would be the four thousand a D mark. We're only five years away really from that end of that six thousand years into the seven thousand. If you look at it now, people will go back and forth on the timeline. But and if you just look at the way of the world today and the way technology is evolving and how Sin is glorified, it seems like things have been sped up, almost as if Satan realizes the end is a year and he's trying to take everyone with him as the end nears. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: Kind of especially with like the parable where he's going and hiring the workers and it pays them the same while they're at morning or noon of an evening.
Speaker 4: I would definitely agree. I think it's getting close.
Speaker 5: But I think we should live our lives as if it's going to happen tomorrow the same as if it's going to happen ten thousand years from now, because we truly don't know when it's going to happen, and just being prepared and trying to be the best that you can to be aware of that and I part of it is to go back to the whole Bible believer part. The devil has won so much by spiritual warfares. That's not a thing that there's no God is good, but there's no evil. Like I don't understand how that works. And you will seldom find a church that talks about they'll read the spiritual stuff that happened in the Bible, but it's gone, it doesn't happen today. And I think that's a big victory for Satan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. And that's why I do think that we've seen in just the last two hundred people who's come on this program is testament to it. People are waking up in droves that they're seeing this sin and they're turning to God. It's amazing to see how passionate people have become. I mean, think about it, people are willing enough to I mean five years ago, how many people that have been on this podcast would have even thought that they would come on and talk about biblical cosmology and things of that nature. So I do think there is something too, a great awakening people noticing and understanding the spiritual warfare, and that's really what it is. It's psychological warfare with the fear mongering, but it's at the end of the day, it's spiritual warfare.
Speaker 4: Yes, definitely.
Speaker 5: I mean I think there's really no consequences if I'm wrong on everything. I'm believing that the world is how the Bible says it and putting my faith in the word. I had a teacher growing up, and she was very Christian, and she said, even if I'm completely wrong, I've lived a better life. There's no consequences for following Christ. And if you're wrong, and by no means my saying realm of possibility in my mind that I am wrong. But if I am, there's no consequences for that. If you believe, if you live your own life and ador sin and just do things on your own, there are severe consequences for being wrong about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely to me. I think it's important right now that so many people our Bible believing Christians and are passionate about the truth. But at the same time, we still have this quandary with sending our children to public schools. And you have one or two hours, like we said, Sunday school in church of being told about Genesis and these things, and then we send them off to the public schools. Not everybody. Obviously a lot of us homeschool. We've heard that, and a lot of people go to private schools, and there are some great public school systems out there as well throughout the country. However, we know as a whole, as a snapshot, the public school system doesn't really align with our faith. How do you think the way forward is? How do we solve that problem?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that the biggest, the best way forward in my mind is this to have this community.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's very hard for over blessed.
Speaker 5: My wife is able to homeschool and I do the best I can to help with that, and it's just not an option for everyone. But if you get these small communities that come together and do homesteading and find ways to make money and live. I mean, it's nice to take a vacation every year and do all of these things, but ultimately, I don't think those things are a priority. You have to reevalue what's important in life. Is that time with family and your children and being present more important than having the extra money for the vacations and the nicest new cars. I think coming together and having that community also allows multiple instructors, so.
Speaker 4: You do get more than one point of view.
Speaker 5: One thing I definitely don't want to push on my children is I don't want to push my views on them. I want to teach them how to think, how to come to conclusions, and hopefully they have the same mindset I do. But they need to be able to go out in the world and discern what is true and false. If I just tell them how to think or tell them what to think, they don't have the ability. Yeah, they agree with me, and it's great. We can sit around the dinner table and talk about whatever political issu we want. But they're going out on their own and they're just saying, oh, this is nonsense because it doesn't agree with me, when maybe there's some truth to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think critical thinking is one of the lost starts that we don't see much in the world today. I can't tell you how many times a week when I go out into town or whatever, when people come on a problem, they just lock up. They don't there's no problem solving skills, And that's, to me, is something that everyone's even if your mom and dad working two jobs and the children go to public schools, teach critical thinking. Say you have two hundred and fifty dollars you have to get from California to Maine, go on Travelocity to just do it. There's so many ways to teach critical thinking and to get them to think outside the box, because so many people are only taught one way of learning, and that hinders critical thinking. And when they get in a real life situation and they don't know how to go about solving that problem, they're always going to have to rely on their phone. That's the first thing they will do. They will go to Google and say or hey, Siri, how do I And And maybe that's not the greatest thing. Critical thinking is something that I really learned in the Army because anytime you're going out on a mission, you have Plan A, you have Plan B and Plan C. Because nothing ever goes two plans, so you have to have backup plans. And that's why we had something called ARS after action reviews, and that's why you know, after you've done something, take what was good about what you did, what was not so good? What can you change going forward? These all important things that we can utilize in life and in our faith.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I think, especially in the military, I made quite a career of just asking why are we doing it this way? And there were some people like, well, just how we always done it, and then they're just Okay, let's maybe think of a better way to do things. And because sometimes I mean especially yourself in military, there are some things that are dumb that you just logic is absent from the problem solving formula and it's just they do the same thing. That's how I've always done it, and we create these little robots. And one thing I really appreciated about the Australian military as you could stay at lance corporal for twenty years because some people are not leaders. But the US military will promote you to failure. Whether you're going out on the field or you're working on humbies or airplanes or whatever. Those guys doing the important hands on task, very few of them have more than six or seven years of experience, and often less because those that do have experience have been promoted up to doing other things and they've either succeeded or failed, and some of those that failed would have excelled at keeping doing the same.
Speaker 4: Job they're doing.
Speaker 5: Now you have that hands on guy that has twenty five years of experience he's not in leadership because he doesn't excel at that, but he has the knowledge and the problem solving and just the general experience to be much more of an asset.
Speaker 2: So I'm so glad you said that. Outside of the military taking away the shining of boots and pressing uniforms, which that's really when I started to notice the discipline fall away. The Army used to have something called Spec four, Spec five, Spec six, and I think Spec seven, and that's exactly it. If you had a mechanic, right, and he was an awesome mechanic, you could just keep them within the specialist ranks, but he would go up to five to six to seven. And they got rid of that after Vietnam, and that is exactly what happened. They had great guys who were mechanics, who you know in all the moss, but they had zero leadership skills, which isn't a terrible thing, but the Army's convinced you can make anyone a great leader, and that's just not the case. And the problem is if that guy doesn't get promoted again. I've saw guys who were in their mos just exceptional, exceptional and no matter what it is. But if you don't get promoted by his certain year, they kick you out of the army. I forget, I don't remember that term. Right, if you didn't get promoted like to E five by the tenth year, you would get transferred out of the army because you didn't do that. So you're losing a great mechanic. He just happened not to have any leadership skills, right, he did terrible in front of the board or whatever the case is. But it's just they really need to bring that back because not everybody is a great leader.
Speaker 5: And even with the test taking, we had someone who switched from the Navy to the Marines and he never made it past E three or E four because he was a horrible test taker but excellent marine, I mean dependable. Could You could assign him anything and he would get it done. He just wasn't good at taking tests. So therefore in the Navy he's not getting promoted.
Speaker 2: That's terrible. That's something they really need to go back and fix. Let's get to your silver bullets when it comes to flat Earth. What are the six things that really helped you prove without a doubt that we are not living on a spinning ball.
Speaker 5: I'd say the key one is starting to read into the Bible, and then just I feel like most people are regurgitating the same things over overgam I know we can definitely see too far flying back and forth Acroust. I always knew it was faster one way than the other. But when you start doing the math of how first how fast the Earth is spinning, it's like it should be a big difference in which direction you're traveling, and that's just not there. Start looking at the emergency landings and the aviation side is definitely something that anyone should be able to question. And looking at the moon landing and starting as I'm researching why that was possibly faked, like okay, well maybe it's it's not what it wasn't real because it's not possible, and there's certain things to me in the Bible which reaffirms it. We're talking about the sun. The moon was black and the sunquit shining, and certain these things will maybe the moon was red, but I'm butchering that part. But it's the way I read it was. It's not possible on a heliocentric model because the moon is just a reflection and you start to see and observe different things, and it really starts to stick out that maybe I was lied to and maybe this is incorrect myself, I still go, maybe am I wrong? Is it possible that I was just tricked again? But everything I see and just all the observable factors of life. If you knew nothing and I said, what plane do you live on, everything you could observe on Earth is going to tell you it's flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your thought of that the moon is a reflection of where we see it from? Because it's interesting if you google why do we only see one side of the moon? They claim it's because the Moon's rotation period is, you know, synchronized with Earth's orbit, which is just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have not looked a whole lot into it. I know some people say it's a reflection Earth, but then there's additional lands outside of it, and to me, that kind of is convoluted with the biblical narrative of Okay, we have this firmament and so if the Earth we know is we talked about, we go to Antarctica and there's that firmament. Now, I mean, I'm not putting God in a box here, as lands outside of the firm, but I would the way I understand is it couldn't be additional land outside. And I'm honestly pretty ignorant on the moon itself. It's not something I've had a whole lot of time to dig into, but it definitely curious about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the Bible is very clear that it's its own light.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean everything just I mean it talks of the Earth was created before the sun and the stars and the moon. Yeah, and it doesn't it just had up. But to quote these scriptures we have to go in our own mindset and and justify, oh, well, they didn't know what they were talking about, and they didn't know this or that. And it's like, so you're saying that it's written solely by man with no influence from God. I think we often mentioned earlier, like we just put God in this box. We have the Bible and God and we have science, and I leave everything God says and the Bible as long as it fits with my ever important science.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed. And again, there's going to be a lot of things that we don't understand until we cross over to the other side, and then we look down and we'll be like, oh, Okay, that makes sense, right. So would you say flat earth itself for biblical cosmology is the reason that your whole life has changed and you've dove back into the Bible and now here you are homesteading and homeschooling.
Speaker 5: I would say definitely it was. It was a big turning point, and I think it's it's one of those I've seen several things who talks about when God kind of opens your eyes to these things that there's no going back. You start to see things all over the world. You start to see sin more. I mean to me that the deeper I go into the Bible and my faith, the more sin I see in my life. And I don't know how you could do it any other way. I mean, you start to see I mean, as you're reading and all these things, like you start to realize that your heart really matters.
Speaker 4: A big issue I've been struggling.
Speaker 5: With lately with our church is it's a topic that's not taught to any church. But like pornography, no one talks about this, and we have several people that are on the brink of divorce because of pornography, and we're not going to talk about this, and we're not going to talk about how Yes, like I work with several people. Oh and they're married guys, and oh look at the rear on that girl. I mean they'reus some different language. But it's like that in self is sin. I mean you were lusting. I mean you're not physically touching or reaching out, but I mean that is sin, and that that that sin compounds and eventually can become bigger sin. And I think if we stop it at that route and have accountability, we can live much different lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Amen, that's something that should not be tolerated. And again that's you know, the diet cola of many churches today. They're afraid to touch the touchy subjects, and in some cases they're told to in these denominations right that they're told just preach the gospel, you know, seventh week after Pentecost, preach this and.
Speaker 5: And it's it's an awkward topic to talk about, especially a lot of the older people don't want to listen to it. The younger people don't want to admit they have a problem. And I mean it's not pleasant, but I feel like when you have such an issue in today's society, you have to address it and worry more about the message and the word than you are about attendance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the stats don't lie either. There's just as many people who are not in church that look at pornography as people who go to church. It's if you look at the numbers, maybe one or two percent difference. But it is something that really that needs to be addressed. It's not okay. It's there's no two ways about it. It's not okay. And sadly enough, those are the same people who are quick to, you know, point out homosexuality in these things. But sin is sin, and they need to understand that and they need to repent from it absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean, but that's the thing you talk with sin a sin.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's, oh, well, uncle Billy getting another divorce, But then you talk about homosexuality, and certain things are looked on higher. And I'm not saying any is less than other, but also not more than another.
Speaker 4: I mean, you shouldn't.
Speaker 5: There shouldn't be this tolerance for some sin and not tolerance for additional sin.
Speaker 4: I think we should.
Speaker 5: We should hold each other accountable, and I mean we're more often to say if your pastors has a minstress on the side we're gonna gossip about it on the side rather than just go and And that's kind of an extreme example, but at the end, we should have accountability for each other rather than just we're so quick to gossip and all you're never gonna guess what I saw today, rather than to keep that secret, to go talk and do what's best for that person and all parties involved.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you a question, And just because I have, I get a lot of emails about this. Since you're awakening, have you seen your church in a different light?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Like we've almost been pulled to maybe start like a home church, especially specifically on the pornography. I've considered starting like kind of a small ministry night throughout the week, just to get some some guys together. Our our church has a men's ministry, but we get it's really fun. We'll split wood and we'll shoot guns. But what part of that is is ministry? I mean, it's it's really made me question that there's no accountability. It's all just preaching good things. I've never felt sitting in the pews like this repents like God's talking to me. It's just it's just something we do is a check in the box and it's now we do a lot on our own. We read the Bible and then that's where we get our stuff from it, and we love the people at our churches is a big issue. But seeing the church we've not seen, Yes, in short, yes, it's absolutely maybe see it a different light and maybe considered maybe we need to go a different direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fellowship is certainly a good thing, being able to fellowship with like minded people, like you know, spiritual minded people. But yeah, it's also important that when we're gathered together, whether we're chopping wood or going to a baseball game, that we keep foremost in mind that we're representatives of God and we should have those challenging conversations. I know I've mentioned this before, but back during that first grade awakening before the Revolutionary War, Jonathan Edwards, he was a guy who they called him a brimstone and fire guy because he wasn't afraid to tell people that there is repercussions for your decisions and there is a place called hell, and a lot of pastors won't touch it because people don't like to hear that stuff. And I'm not saying you should stand in the pulpit and yell about it. But at the same time, people need to be one hundred percent aware that like do you remember the old TV show from the eighties or nineties, Scared Straight Right, they would take the they'd walk the kids through jail, and they like, I'm never doing that again. But it's important to let people know, to have them understand. Even with the Apostles creed and the Methodist Church, the original one that was written during the the three hundred Ads said that on you know, Jesus died and he went hell and not he didn't he descended into hell to pastor to those people, the pre flood people, and they cut that out of the creed just because that's not something that we talk about. But that's literally those three days Jesus was dead, he was in shi Ole and he was also telling well, it's a long story. But that's how much people don't even want to mention it is that they'll literally alter a creed that was written eighteen hundred years ago.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, I just it becomes this message of positivity because I mean, the more members we have in church, the more people that are tithing. I mean, I look at my own church and we don't it's not a massive church, but any means.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of.
Speaker 5: Things there, and I'm like, we just got a new bathroom, and like our old bathroom was fine. Like I feel like we could have used this money to maybe help people like anywhere too or more gathered. I'm there, like, it's not let's build these big things with a fancy coffee house and all the stuff. You see, especially some of the megachurches, Like we we could help people with this money instead of just build this quote unquote house for God where we go every couple of Sundays if we can, and if it's unless we've got a baseball game or a football game going on.
Speaker 2: Ay Man. And by the way, just to clarify what I was saying, if you look at one Peter three eighteen, and there's another verse I think it's in Ephesians, for it talks about Christ preaching to the spirits in prison after his death, basically talking about to those who disobeyed in the days of Noah, right, the pre flood folks. So yes, so there you go. What other things did you have? What other bullet points did you have that you wanted to mention.
Speaker 5: Let's see, I know I think that definitely. I mean a lot of it's just I start to see people. I mean, you can read into whatever you want. I've seen countless things where the Bible itself describes he the eccentric world. But I think it's just what we're called to. Satan tries to put all of these distractions in our life. There's no accountability, there's there's plenty of tolerance, and there's plenty of distractions. We were talking the other day and I was like, I mean, how many people, if we want to read the Bible for two hours a week, how many how much are we going to get done of that? Whereas if a new show comes out and we're going to watch three hours a night of it, not just two hours a week, three hours a night.
Speaker 4: And one thing I found myself is so I've got.
Speaker 5: An iPhone and you scroll down and it's got your your most frequently used app on there, And I've got the Bible app on my phone. A lot of times I listen to it while I'm driving or read if we're sitting.
Speaker 4: Down with anything to do.
Speaker 5: And I definitely think it's a lot more to reading a physical copy than there is to listening to it or reading it on the phone. But while I'm traveling around the easiest thing, I start to notice like okay, when there's certain times like okay, this is not I've got eight apps, so the top used. There's a problem if the Bible is not at least one of those eight. Now sometimes it changes to where what you just happen to use. But as a majority of me, if it's I think we start to count our screen time on Facebook and Instagram or whatever devices we have, and is that taking more time in the Bible. And I think many of us are guilty of it. I'm guilty of it myself oftentimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great point. I don't think I've ever ever even looked into that. I do have a question for you, though, have you ever taken the time to look at any of the apocryphal books or is that something that you've not really come across yet.
Speaker 5: So I'm just now kind of diving into that. I actually just yesterday or I know, I think it's coming today. I ordered like a copy of the Ethiopian Bible to get a lot of those books and to start reading and tell really a little bit after my wakening into flat Earth, I would consider myself a Christian, but it would definitely I was definitely that person where Jesus would say, depart from me, I don't know you and I so I really dove deep into the Gospel and reading, starting with kind of the bread and butter of Okay, here's the Word, here's the Gospel, and now I'm starting to go more through the Old Testament and started to expand into those books. I know, I was kind of reading a little bit of the Book of Enoch, and there's definitely books I want to it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of question why they're not standard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Indeed, and people may not know, but that the Ethiopian Bible is either the or one of the oldest bibles Christian Bibles. It goes back to I think right after was it the Nicean Council is it called, right, the one that took place during three yeah? Three, the first Council of Nicea was the first gathering of Christian bishops in three twenty five AD. And that Bible came out right about that same time, and it included most of those apocryphal books.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean I think you see a lot of these books referenced and quote unquote canonical books that we see in the Bible, and so I think at the very least if we don't want to make them part of the canon. But you have no better commentary, especially if you're in san I'm sure you've seen, like I've got some commentary on Romans when I was taking some some biblical classes, And the stack of books I've got on just Roman is the size of eight Bibles. I mean, you have these commentaries to read through. I mean, they're referenced by people that we think their war is important, so why not read what they're referencing nicely.
Speaker 2: One of the best I have Martin Luther. He wrote commentary on Genesis chapters one through four, and even he says, you know, there's about six thousand years old, so it's that's from five hundred years ago, and it's important. You know, there are a lot of people in certain denominations that will tell you it's blasphemous.
Speaker 5: I mean, how can you when you look at the timeline the Bible. That's to me like I've circled back to a couple of times. But the whole Bible believer, to me, is this crazy.
Speaker 4: Topic.
Speaker 5: Like if we're reading a book about the Civil War, It's there going to be a topic like, oh, you're a whole Civil War believer. Like, now we're reading the Bible that is given to us by God. We're going to pick and choose what we want to believe. I mean, because that was a big thing to me, like waking up and okay, maybe this is not as old as the say and starting to look at some of these fossils and realizing, okay, they weren't really found until like the eighteen hundreds, like late eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 4: Why were they never found.
Speaker 5: It any other point in human history?
Speaker 2: Do you think there's been a manipulation of our timeline?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: I think if it's there, it's is billions of years old, and we're on this planet that's one of an infinite number of planets. I think it's all about making you less relevant rather than God having a.
Speaker 4: Plan for you.
Speaker 2: Spot on, but well done. Yeah, I think we covered all the bases. Going back to your email, if there was nothing else you had to mention. As always, we give our guests the last word.
Speaker 5: On like, yeah, we've pretty well covered everything. I think just the big thing is whether it's your pastor or podcaster. I know you mentioned it before, but go verify. I mean, read the scriptures, read your own information in all aspects of your life. Just try to look at things as neutral as possible rather than the confirmation bias of just proving what you already believe. Now, I mean, if you come to that goal, great, but be you should go into if you're ever quote unquote researching anything, you should be going into with the mindset that you could possibly come out with a different outview on things. But I definitely appreciate all the time you've dedicated to this podcast. Sad to see it go, but as I listened through it, I see there's only so much you could do these interviews with people like us forever, but you've got time. Just needed to move on to other, not necessarily more important things. But we will have this podcast. We can go back and listen to as much as we want to, and you can move on to other things.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I appreciate your time. And I've learned so much. I guess I've learned something from every single person who's come on. So it's helped me grow and see things, and I hope it mirrors and everybody has learned something from each and every one of our guests, and as we can continue the journey home or I said, say the home stretch that sounds better will continue. I think we still have seven or eight more people lined up between now and the end of August. And I appreciate everyone. I appreciate you, Darren. God bless you and as you homestead and homeschool and you continue to grow spiritually. And to our listeners, thank you for your continued support. God bless each and every one of you. Keep your head on a swivel. And until we meet again, my friends, we will see you.
Speaker 4: Jonah where you're.
Speaker 3: Running to the Sea's alive and godolling you. I heard the word it burned my soul preached it in out there, brought unch of control book. The ship sailed far from land, thought to slip the grip of the masters and the waves.
Speaker 2: Out a questions.
Speaker 4: Guy's turn black to us, bringing a note.
Speaker 5: Turning back, I said, it's me.
Speaker 3: I'm the one to blame to me.
Speaker 2: But let the sea running from the sea, running from the light.
Speaker 3: But you chased me down in the dead of ninety mercies deeper in the ocean store.
Speaker 6: You call me back, you open the door, swallowed.
Speaker 2: In the belly of you.
Speaker 3: Help me close when the donness tragic keep got you, let me go, You pulled me out.
Speaker 2: You have made me oh swallow cool.
Speaker 4: He's down in the beasts and breaks.
Speaker 2: Heart was pound and seeking your fakes.
Speaker 3: No I had to breathe, no light to see, but your voice was whispering over me.
Speaker 2: I can't forgive me.
Speaker 3: I've been in a food trying to write my story, broke every rule you heard, my friend from the death blow.
Speaker 2: The grease was rising with the currants, boat running from the truth, running from the cold. But she loves the anchor that catches my fall.
Speaker 4: Your mercy stronger than the stone's crool ars.
Speaker 2: You lift me up to the heavenly shirt.
Speaker 6: Swallowed in badly, the team held the close one stuck its shot to keep got bone.
Speaker 2: Let me go.
Speaker 6: You pulled me out of baby house ways and I'm scared.
Speaker 3: To go, but your fire is burning in my soul.
Speaker 6: Don't run, and no more des guys.
Speaker 2: I'll speak your truth. Need deal bescy.
Speaker 4: God saves the god who stores from the depths of the city.
Speaker 2: I'm swallowed.
Speaker 1: In badly.
Speaker 6: The team healthy clause one stock this sid to keep goton. Let me go, you pull me too, maybe follow.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to keep on it, but you can't hide. Gods off is the ocean styper ware, from the wheel to the shore, from the top to the light bound forever. I'm not to know you're listening to the Fact Hunter Radio Network. Just the facts, ma'am.