Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. And we start the show today with the National Treasure Andy McCarthy kind enough to join us from National Review his piece today on President Trump's legal authority to send in the federal troops and federalize the National Guard as well in Los Angeles. Andy, I know you're super busy, grateful for a few minutes of your time today.
Speaker 2: How you doing, my friend?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, Dan, How are you well?
Speaker 1: I am doing great, And actually I know you're doing great because I listened to the McCarthy Report religiously. I recommend everybody pick up that podcast. I learned so much on it. But Andy, please do share the wisdom. President Trump's legal authority. Where does it begin and end here?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it begins an Article two of the Constitution, and as a result, I think that's where it ends for Governor Newsom in California, as I understand that the courts have already what buffed him in his attempt to nullify the president. We're calling it in order or proclamation?
Speaker 2: What have you?
Speaker 3: I think since the Civil War then in the prize cases, so I think that's you'll remember your law school better than me, maybe, but I think they're like around eighteen sixty three, the Supreme Court basically held that if there is a violent uprising, if there's a possibility of a profound threat to the United States, forcible threat, whether it's from within or without. The issue then was the blockade of the Southern States. But the Court said that the president has not only the authority, but the obligation to protect the United States and to take whatever action needs to be taken, even without congressional authorization, to suppress the threat to the United States. So the president has very broad power when it comes to things that are threats to national security, threats of civil strife. I'm not talking about like, you know, normal law enforcement stuff. I'm talking about the kind of stuff that we've seen in California in the last couple of days. And I also think the president has very wide authority when you're talking about the execution of duties that are undoubtedly federal responsibilities, which the courts of health for a century that immigration enforcement is, and the president has similarly broad authority to protect federal facilities and federal personnel carrying out executives branch responsibility. So I just think that, you know, there's a lot of talk about trying to part these statutes, like what does the Insurrection Act say? And what is this section? What was it twelve four or six that Trump invoked from Title ten when he issued the proclamation. My personal view for what it's worth is that he's got all the authority he needs an articles of the Constitution and that's really the end of it.
Speaker 1: Andy McCarthy our guest from National Review of course, as well as the McCarthy Report podcast. Now, Andy, in terms of the specific use of US marines, is is that more limited? Is that limited to protecting federal facilities or where do you think the range of that use goes?
Speaker 3: Well, I see, you know, there's a difference between in theory what could the president do and you know, as a practical matter, what is he doing? So, as I understand, if we stick with what he is doing and you know, not get into crazy scenarios that that people want to get into, like all the Barer show scenarios, which I think are overwrought. What the Marines are being brought in to do is protect federal facilities. Anybody who's been watching the news knows have been under a real threat. And this isn't the first time. And you know, we saw the rioting that went on, you know, post George Floyd, and we had a courthouse in Portland that was like firebombed and nightly subject to attacks. Right, there was widespread violence that went on for months after George Floyd's death. You know, everybody gets themselves in the media and in the Democratic Party, they get themselves all whipped up about a three hour riot on January sixth, which I think all of us who believe that all political violence is wrong condemned full throatedly.
Speaker 4: I know I did.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's got to be the same not only the same rules for both sides, but we should be able to make the same kinds of assessmins. Right, And that was a three hour riot that the Justice Department and the incumbent government came down on like a ton of bricks once the Biden administration was in And yet we had months of rioting, legal rioting, right that went on in the United States, and they turned the blind eye to it, which I think is part of the anger that you see in people. Yeah, the two tiers of treatment.
Speaker 1: Exactly, exactly well, said my friend. Let me close with one broader question, if you don't mind, what's your take overall on the type of the quality of legal advice that the president's getting. And I know they can come from a lot of different sources, but in general, maybe starting with White House counsel, what do you think the overall quality is.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that the lawyers are fine. You know, they're very experienced lawyers. I think Trump is a difficult client. He doesn't really like lawyers. The lawyers. Yeah, well, you know a lot of people don't like lawyers, right, You and I have both experienced every thing is that you know he's this is he's not a neophyte. You know, he's now a nearly eighty year old guy. He's been very successful in his life. And what the lawyers are around for is basically to keep you on the straight and narrow and try to prevent you from getting yourself in trouble. And Trump, I think has an idea of what kind of trouble he's willing to live with He's willing to live on the edge in a way that I think most people are not comfortable with, and that makes for some interesting scenarios. But it probably makes if I was if I still had hair to tear out, I'd probably be tearing my hair out if I were a lawyer in the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it has to be one of the most exciting presidencies ever. Last question, Andy, First, somebody just maybe thinking of getting started on the McCarthy Report podcast, which I really think is one of the top two most valuable out there. Do you have a favorite episode, you know, say it might hook somebody, somebody who just wants to dip their toe in. I think I've heard most, if not all of them.
Speaker 3: But Jerry Kind Jerry kind to you to say, we have a page on National Review that has our archives, and it's got for each episode, it's got a little description of what we discussed. You know, I try to listen to them afterwards, and I actually, I really do think that the ones we've done in Trump's most recent you know, in Trump's new presidency in this term, Yeah, I think I think they've been as good as any that we've done, and I always like the ones where I think part of the reasons of that, Dan is like there's a lot of emergent news. I used to be a nut for doing an outline for the podcast to make sure that, like we at least had a framework of things that we were going to discuss some days. Now because there's so much going on and some of it breaks right before we start to record. A lot of the newer episodes, we just kind of go in and wing it, and I actually find those conversations are better, yeah, than the ones that are you know that we try to say too faithful to an outline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what I really like about it we recommend to everybody listening is it's like going to law school that's geared to real life, and you learn so much that's directly applicable to the big issues of the day, and you just walk out of there smarter. You know, whether you have a high school degree or you manage to go to law school or some other school, everybody walks out of there smarter. So appreciate that, Andy, and appreciate the time today.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Dan, I appreciate the kind words.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my friend. Take care that is.
Speaker 1: Andy McCarthy truly is a national treasure when it comes to this legal stuff, and we appreciate his time. Three all three seven and three A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine And as Andy said, yeah, the federal judge didn't take long to have slapped down Newsome on this effort to reign in Trump's power. It's so clear Trump has this power, which is why this is such a beautiful moment.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I wish none of this was happening. I wish it wasn't necessary. But Trump is going to win and the Left just can't handle that, which means the left's just going to make it worse on itself, which means it's going to be a bigger victory for Trump, which is going to be great for this nation.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Really a little broken hearted the fans going out to the Rockies game tonight. I've got a project do at work, so I will miss this trip. But we went to our first game on Saturday night, first game of the season, and it was a blast.
Speaker 2: I mean they lost seven to one, but it was still a blast neet the Mets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, hey, listen, I'm telling you I I think that's a good Mets team.
Speaker 2: It's a very good They seem to have a good chemistry. I mean, yeah, truth.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not a big sports gambler or anything, even though I'm really good at it.
Speaker 2: I mean, little little bitty stuff. But I did. I went out put a couple of bucks in the Mets to win it all.
Speaker 5: Ye of little faith? Oh you mean to win it all? Not just Thick in the game against the Rockets.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't bet against the Rockies in a game. No, no, no, that's karma, man. No, No, I'm talking about the Mets to win the n L and then win the World Series.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting bet.
Speaker 2: I think that's the team. Kind of a sneaky, smart bet on the Mets. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just having a chance to watch him in action, and you know, I'm so big on the chemistry, the vibe, everything else, not just the talent level.
Speaker 4: Have you watched might Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 1: I have missed them so far. I didn't the Cubs kind of wiped the floor with them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: That's a fake news. The Tigers took two out of three from the Cubs. Are you use Chicago? And I should have known better. They did split with your white Sox though, I know because the white socks are terrible.
Speaker 1: I know, Dan says a text to da in five, seven, seven through nine. I'm sorry to hear Andy bring up how the Dems ignore the twenty twenty riots versus a three hour January sixth event twenty twenties, over five hundred riots with billions of damage, et cetera. A great text, and Andy McCarthy made the point as well that this is part of this underlying anger in America that is righteous anger and is doing real damage to the Democrats.
Speaker 2: This two tiered justice system where.
Speaker 1: The left, I mean Polis went into hiding essentially told the left by going into hiding, do whatever you want. And yet Conservatives, you spent on the sidewalk, you're probably going to do five years. So yeah, people don't like that. They shouldn't like that. And remember, for eons prior to election day, I was telling you it's one of the many reasons Trump is going to win. Even a lot of people who don't like them, We're going to vote for them because they don't want us to be a two tiered Banana Republic, Dan says a text, it sounds like Trump has the full authority and even more importantly, the obligation to send in the troops. Absolutely, and I'm sure he probably regrets not doing it during those George Floyd riots, but he absolutely does. And it's such a no brainer form right, it's so good for the country, it's so good from politically. And then the question is how long is the left going to drag this out? Because every minute this goes on is horrible for the left, good for Trump, and good for the country in terms of sending the message out there. No whether it's Polis or Johnston or Hickenloop or Bennett or any of these lefties, you're not going to get away with being insurrectionists. You're not going to get away with defining and ignoring federal law that you don't like, ie immigration law. So very important message for the country, Dan, did you change your mind about the cyber truck purchase? Many of these texts cybertruck purchases.
Speaker 2: On hold, on hold.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling these two are going to get back together, and it will be a very good thing if they do. Very important that you. They have a lot of that musk money. Did you ever wear musk? Do you remember that old scent musk?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And absolutely not?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, no, nor did I?
Speaker 2: Dan and Ryan.
Speaker 1: I'm not certain of this, but I would be willing to bet Dan's on her proposal. Amy as a news anchor during the live news broadcast is one of a kind of current set from Andy.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think there were some copycats after that. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Maybe it wasn't uh news reporter on anchor, legal anal, you know, maybe it was like sports stuff, But.
Speaker 2: I think there were a bunch of those on.
Speaker 5: To me, that's not even close to the same, Like somebody doing the proposal on a jumbo tron, which I'm here to tell you a lot of ladies don't like that, Oh they don't. Uh, but yours was the five o'clock news, but it was white hot spotlight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been on a TV set.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of pressure, regardless it's you, it's her, it's everybody watching.
Speaker 4: It's I can't even wrap my hat around that moment.
Speaker 2: Dan, Yeah, nor can I.
Speaker 4: How did you do it?
Speaker 2: How did you do it? Well?
Speaker 1: I was in love, okay, and I wanted her to marry me. Yep, I wanted the world to know that I was in love with her and wanted her to marry me. And at that point that all seemed very positive. And if if you live like life, just afraid of failing, it's going to be a pretty miserable life.
Speaker 5: Well that moment, you, I mean, you wore it well, but you exhibited zero fear.
Speaker 4: You just jumped no parish to you.
Speaker 1: You got to yeah, once you're through the door, Yeah yeah, you just block everything else out.
Speaker 2: I on the prize.
Speaker 4: Incredible, truly incredible moment history.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Yeah no, and thanks for pulling that sound. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, this is a tough turn because this is a sad story and one we predicted. I'm not even sure there's time to do the full setup right now, but I want to give you a taste. You remember when we talked about how this lack of respect for human life the left takes so many different forms. Obviously, we talk a lot about abortion, because they kill so many millions of innocent children before abortion, before they're born. But we talk also about how the left just this disregard of the inherent value of human life affects a lot of people who've already been born. And one of the examples he've been talking about are these new laws regarding motorcyclists and how Polish in the Left had to know that this lane splitting would lead to carnage right where they are telling motorcyclists, yeah, you can drive down the middle of a lane. Now the traffic's supposed to be stopped and everything else. But everybody with a one IQ understood once this law passed, there was just going to be full speed lane splitting and lots of innocent people are going to die. But what the Left doesn't get, or they do get it, they just don't care.
Speaker 2: Is that that that means.
Speaker 1: You're going to have a child sitting at home and they're going to be waiting for their dad to get home, for Morkanes ever going to come home. That they they don't care about any of that. They don't care about the human loss, the ripple effect of the human loss. They just don't have the same respect for the individual importance of each human life. They're looking at their big green agenda and everything else, and the rest of us are anacceptable casualty rates so that's a setup for what we're seeing now since this whole lane splitting came into effect, And there are other examples as well, and we may get to it in this segment.
Speaker 2: But remember we talked a lot.
Speaker 1: About this insane new law, again born of this whole Green New Deal mentality, this insane law that in some circumstances allows cyclists not to stop at stop signs bicyclists things like that, Oh yeah, what could possibly go wrong? But again, because the Left doesn't value individual human life, they're not thinking about that child who's not going to come home to their parents, or that mom who's not going to come home to her family. It's all an acceptable casualty rate to them. So the broader point is, and then we'll play that story after the break, is just that that there are really severe consequences for society in so many different ways when you have one major political party whose power. People literally just don't value individual human life unless it's their own or one of their cronies. So when we come back, we'll play that story and talk about, Okay, what do we need to do now beyond just getting rid of that crazy law, what do we need to do to make the roads safer for motorcyclists, safer for bicyclists, obviously safer for everybody out there, because there's so much more we can do, and the Left is constantly working against that in so many different ways. And don't even get me started on legalization in marijuana, because they absolutely understood once.
Speaker 2: They did that, Once they did.
Speaker 1: That, you are going to have a whole lot of trash kids, and you're going to have a whole lot of dead bodies on the roadways and a whole lot of mangled bodies and everything else. But again that that human life, it just it just isn't important to them. It just doesn't weigh with them. And I know, as you're driving home right now, you may not agree with that because you just can't imagine somebody's thinking that way. But I ask you, you know, in a quiet moment, to just think about it and look at the Left and look at everything they're doing, because a lot of it comes.
Speaker 2: Back to that.
Speaker 1: That does the secular radicals who own and operate the Democratic Party simply do not believe that each human life has that inherent dignity and importance.
Speaker 2: They just don't think that way.
Speaker 1: Two or three someone three eight two five five textda N five seven seven three nine. Do we need to get rid of that lane splitting law? What else can we do to make the road safer and more sane. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Talking about we said it at the time, this insane new law in Colorado allowing motorcycle quote lane filtering versus lane splitting. Lane splitting is when in moving traffic you can split the lanes and go down one of the center lines, but lane filtering you're supposed to wait until the traffic is stopped.
Speaker 2: But of course everybody knew.
Speaker 1: As soon as this bill was passed and signed by Polis that in fact, what we would get is lane splitting.
Speaker 2: That's what we got, and we got a lot of dead.
Speaker 1: People with it. So we'll get to that story in a second. Want to get a call or to and before we go to this excellent CBS setup story, Texter says Dan, I put my hand out the window to feel the rain, and the lane splitter drove by and hit my hand with his handlebarers and broke two of my fingers and just kept driving.
Speaker 2: Boy talk about giving a cyclist the finger, right, I mean literally here two of them.
Speaker 1: That's horrible. That's absolutely horrible. Also a crime for the motorcyclists to do that. I want to get a caller to and then we'll go to that store. Let's start with.
Speaker 2: How about Sean and Lovelin'. You're on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey, Dan, thanks for taking my car. Hey, I would like you to consider another angle on that filtering, if you would please. If I'm not mistake, and the legislator who introduced that did it for the reasoning of people being rear ended as stoplights. So, as a longtime motorcycle rider, I do that lane filtering. I don't do it often, but I'm going to tell you the number one reason I do do it, and that is because somebody is either tailgating you or parked mirror feet behind me ed of shoplight. I'd ask you to look around too, Dana, when you see these motorcycles. Look how many people are so close to death?
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's dangerous. Bro. I rode for years. I know exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 1: The only reason I gave it up is I was in a really bad crash and walked away thinking I was lucky. I wasn't earned to death. So that's why I gave it up. But I hear you loud and clear. And if you want to pass a law that says that you know, when you're stopped at a light or at an intersection, you can do a lane filtering in under that circumstance, I'd have no issue with that. But the way they've drawn this law was just an invitation to full speed, sixty seventy mile an hour lane splitting. And I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a lot of that.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: I can see to you that there are many many motorcycle riders who make very, very poor decisions. And you know what. I know this is going to make me sound cold, but to me, that's just natural order, Dan, and I don't want to see it. I turn my head when I see those guys do that, or really down the interstate whatever.
Speaker 7: It's unfortunate, but I just wanted to consider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, thank you, no excellent point, thank you, Sean. And I agree with Sean completely. That should be permitted when somebody stopped at an intersection. That's an important safety I think, an important safety option.
Speaker 2: But that's the vast.
Speaker 1: Majority of what we're getting out there right now is flat out lane splitting.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me get to that setup.
Speaker 1: Story So well done here by CBS four otherwise known as Channel four.
Speaker 8: And we are continuing to see too many crashes across the state of Colorado, the most common with our motorcycle community. Colorado State Patrol says last year, motorcyclists were at fault for more than six hundred crashes. Among those, one hundred and sixty two people lost their lives on our roadways. And your First Alert Traffic Tracker reporter Brian Sharad joining us live from CSP headquarters in Golden and Brian, most of these crashes are on highways many of us take every single day, and.
Speaker 9: That's right, Ashley. The two biggest ones I twenty five and I seventy and speeding contains to be to number one issues and in those two areas alone. This is something we've been tracking for the last several months as well. So the biggest thing is just making sure you're being careful, but we're also noticing it around the times of two and four pm, the biggest day on Saturdays.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 9: When I spoke with troopers today they set Along with speeding, we're seeing too many motorcyclists not being attentive on the roads, lack of experience, causing crashes and driving under into oxication. Lane splitting is another huge reason for crashes. This is when a motorcyclist will use the highway lanes to drive in between cars while speeding. And want to remind you not only is this dangerous but illegal.
Speaker 10: By going through those vehicles at highway speeds, you are causing, whether it be small or big issues. A driver may not see you, and by coming close to that vehicle, you may cause them to panic, them to strike you or even somebody else.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and a reminder of riding a motorcycle, always where your helmet, boots, gloves and jackets because that's the only protection you're going to have on your motor cycle, especially in a crash.
Speaker 2: This could save your life.
Speaker 9: Live in Golden Brian Shrod covering Colado first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what's going on out there.
Speaker 1: But again you think polists in the left care about that same thing with cyclists.
Speaker 2: Chick two out three someone three.
Speaker 1: Eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine still can't get over that text or says you heard that one Ryan right just sticks his hand out the window to see if it's raining, and al Lane splitter breaks two of his fingers.
Speaker 4: And teach them.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to laugh, it's just it is horrible. But yeah, yeah, so many bad things happening there, and I do maybe somebody can explain this, But as a guy who does this kind of law every day, I just sit here absolutely baffled at how is a society we can sit back and just kind of accept as the new normal all this unnecessary carnage on our roadways when all of us, all of us, no matter how safe, how law abiding, all of us are at that the most risk unless you're a police, fire military, that the gravest risk for you and your family ever, is when you're on the roadway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just.
Speaker 1: Sit back in a very relaxed way and just accept all of this unnecessary carnage. It's it's really madness, and it's very very hard to explain.
Speaker 2: What do you think it is.
Speaker 1: Ryan that that nobody has ever just kind of stepped up and said, wait a second, it doesn't have to be this way.
Speaker 2: We can do ABC and D.
Speaker 1: But but as a society. It just keeps getting worse, and people just kind of roll with it.
Speaker 5: I immediately reacted, Dan, and I might have done so on this show with you to the passage of this so called lane filtering, and we knew, damn well it was going to turn into lane splitting. And like you and like our caller before, I have seen it increase astronomically exponentially. I see it on C. Four seventy on I twenty five. I mean, they're out of control. And I want to clarify almost entirely. It's these crotch rocket dirt bikes. It's not the hogs like Harley Davidson Indian motorcycles, the ones that take me seriously, the lifestyle one do that. No, No, that's not how they rite. So I want to make sure to make that clarification. But yeah, these crotch rocket types, you know, they blaze by you. To the caller's point, they're doing wheelies at ninety miles an hour. It's insane, and it's suddenly a danger to them whatever Darwinism, like he said, but it's a danger to all of us that are looking to drive on the roads and use them legally.
Speaker 1: And the Darwinism thing I can't get into for this reason, as my parents raised me to look at everybody out there. That person is somebody's child, right.
Speaker 2: So you talk.
Speaker 1: About that idiot out there probably seventeen eighteen nineteen doing those wheelies lanes splitting, that's somebody's baby. That that's somebody's baby who isn't going to come home because of that. And listen, there's responsibility on the rider. But why pass these laws that just encourage it, you know, in the interest of what green new deals saving a couple of gallons of gas somewhere. I mean, but again it comes back to the left just not respecting human life. So here's what se Dots says about motorcycle lane filtering. Now I read this and I should save this for the show we're going to do. Ryan have we set the day chat where the entire show is going to be done in comedy. We we're going to talk about serious issues. We're not coming in and telling Rodney Dangerfield jokes. The day we're going to talk about the same issues, but we're going to do it in a humorous way. I should save this for that because as I read this, everybody knows and the people who wrote this had to know this isn't how it was going to work in real life. Motorcycle lane filtering. Lane filtering is now legal in Colorado. Colorado recently passed a new law allowing motorcycles to pass between vehicles stopped on the roadway and traveling in the same direction as the rider. But with these conditions, the motorcycle passes on the left of the vehicle in front of them. The other vehicles are stopped and traveling in the same direction, such as in traffic or at a red light, Well, big flip and distinction, like we were talking about with our great collar. If you're at a red light, that's fine, A slow little move between the vehicles so you don't get rear ended. That's a whole different critter then at speed. But that's what's happening is the at speed the lane is wide enough.
Speaker 2: To pass safely. How do you define that?
Speaker 1: I've never seen one wide enough to pass safely with all these people barreling through at eighty miles an hour, maybe sixty or seventy or eighty the motorcycle when passing, You'll love this one, Ryan does.
Speaker 2: Not exceed fifteen miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Has anybody, including myself, ever driven a motorcycle at less than fifteen miles an hour?
Speaker 2: Don't you fall off at less than fifteen miles an hour? Yeah, what a joke.
Speaker 1: When the stopped vehicles begin to move, the motorcyclist shall cease passing, like anybody expected that to happen. All right, Hey, we got a lot to talk about now, some great texts coming in as well. Love your suggestions on how to make it safer out there. First thing is get rid of this filtering thing or limited to at intersections. But we also want to talk about Denver, as we also predicted.
Speaker 2: A long time ago.
Speaker 1: Not a very tough prediction, right, but Denver and Grave and trouble now because that diamond, Mike and the Left have promised people all over the world come to Denver, we will get you a home. Oh what could possibly go wrong? You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dankapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That day, he.
Speaker 11: Didn't do it. He forgave those people. Now as people want to raise money for them. And yet and yet, in the contral constitutional way, he has sent the National Guard into California.
Speaker 1: She's still in Congress barely, oh Man, another gift to the Republican Party. Yeah, so much for the legal analysis there, Congressoman, I think the federal court in California ruled in Trump's favor already today, right, And this one is so clear. It's part of as I said yesterday, what's driving him crazy. And then Andy McCarthy joined us at four oh s today. You can grab that off the podcast Andy, obviously from National Review. This is crystal clear that there's no gray area. It's as clear as anything you're ever going to find in the Constitution, in law, and that is President Trump has this authority, including the Marines. And so it's kind of fun, now, not kind of fun, lots of fun to watch the left grapple with the fact that and they're going through the five stages, right, we just heard denial, but the reality that Trump is going to win this, and the more they fight, the more they struggle, the bigger he's going to win it, and the more visible and important that victory is going to be to him and by extension, to the country, because we can't have insurrectionists and whether you're talking about the elected lefties in Colorado or anywhere else in the country, so many of them believe they have the right to be insurrectionists, to just rise up against and prevent the enforcement of federal laws they don't like, in particular immigration laws. And you can't have a nation like that. Let's go to beautiful lovel In, Colorado, one of my favorite places.
Speaker 2: Well talk with Danny. You're on the Dan Kaplas show.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Say Dan, love your show, A long time listener. Hey, I just wanted to say in regards to the motorcycles being able to go in between lanes. Now, I'm from California, and I'm here to say from California, there's just a ton of Republicans. Man, we're just stuck like we are here with Denver and older. But you know, wearing a helmet in traffic like that, if it's ninety degrees and you're just barely going bumper to bumper, you can suffer a heat stroke, you know, by not being able to do that.
Speaker 1: Dan, So you're seeing the lane filtering. Does California have lane splitting because it acts that way? I don't know if Kelly says yes, so it must be true. But you're saying, hey, you need the lane filtering, so riders don't overheat. But isn't it better to just sweat a little bit and get buried.
Speaker 7: Well, you got to remember these things are oil cool vengines too. They don't have a lot of them don't have radiators on them, so they can overheat when they're sitting in the heat. Like that.
Speaker 1: Interesting point, Tony. Hey, appreciate the call, man, Hope you call often. Yeah, you take care of hey.
Speaker 7: Just I just want to give a shout out to California. There's a ton of Republicans there.
Speaker 6: Get them here that loves Trump.
Speaker 2: Get it. And we can work a trade, right.
Speaker 1: How about one hundred thousand of them for one hundred thousand of these lefties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can work something.
Speaker 7: You can have them.
Speaker 2: We can work something now, Thank you Danny for that. Loveland just a great city if you haven't been up there.
Speaker 1: Three or three Someone three eight, two five five, text An five seven, seven through.
Speaker 2: Nine, Dan and Ryan.
Speaker 1: The ones that really blank me off are the idiots doing a hundred plus weaving through traffic. How am I supposed to watch out for motorcycles when they're coming from behind me at ridiculous rates of speed? I would not feel responsible at all if one of those bikes ran into me, true, but you'd still be haunted by it. That's what you find so often is people completely innocent and some of these horrific wrecks are still haunted.
Speaker 2: By that loss of human life.
Speaker 1: And it's one of the reasons the left is so irresponsible with their approach to traffic in Colorado. And you know that this one hundred mile stuff you see right now, and you see it all the time, right you see with bikes, you see it with these you know some of these cars out there. You know often cars you wonder how they're even getting down the roadway. Here's what I think is going on, and I believe it's proven by what I see in my law practice as well, is you've got this intersection now, this intersection of the left undermining law enforcement, so there's less enforcement. And then you have some of these crazy laws like allowing lane quote filtering. But here's the big thing. You layer the legalization of drugs on top of that. You have so many drug drivers out there, or this terrible combination of marijuana and alcohol. But you put those factors together and you have what we have on our roadways. Thunderdog, you know, just a killing field. But the fact that Left doesn't care about that is to me just so mind boggling. I get their lack of respect for the inherent dignity of human life, and it plays out in all sorts of ways, including this one. But you would think just for their own safety and the safety of their own family members. But no, they just oppose all of these common sense ways to make us all safer across party lines, and then they throw these new laws in that you just know are going to lead to a lot of dead bodies. Dan, in this state, we have minimal traffic enforcement, says a Texture. There is no visible police presence and a whole bunch of car and motorcycle drivers with the attitude that nothing will ever happen to them. Jim, You're so right, Jim, been talking about it forever. And where does that come from? It comes from the left undermining law enforcement. If you're a man in blue out there right now, can anybody blame them for wanting to have absolutely minimal contact with the public. What happens right, I mean, Polis and Left passes legislation that they're now personally liable. You have Democrat das and number of places you know who would make you a human sacrifice and a heartbeat if it helped them politically. Not all Democrat DA's there are some excellent Democrat days. But but yeah, law enforcement has been so undermined in most places, not all that. How could anybody reasonably expect them to have these additional contacts with the public that aren't absolutely necessary? No, that is the left undermining law enforcement, undermines the safety of our roadways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three or.
Speaker 1: Three seven, three eight, two five five the number when we come back Trump winning, winning big the country by extension.
Speaker 2: How does this end? How bad is the left going to make it on themselves?