Speaker 1: Escape to Morrow River Resort.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairschald's the Right Side Radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bedsheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattresstoppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride, no space in between Midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code m D n Ight RDE and say big while getting the best night's sleeper you've ever had. The Midnight Ride the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America, God and Country, The right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content. This show is a part of the Midnight Ride Network.
Speaker 1: Hell the sam What's your Name?
Speaker 3: Had?
Speaker 2: The time that he is this Hanna statue, every started chick in his and egle will fly. Henni's gonna be here, win you him the real starting bell.
Speaker 1: And it'll be like the whole wid is raining down on.
Speaker 2: You broughtie courtesy her and why. Liberals be warned, your viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny.
Speaker 1: You're listening to right Side Radio.
Speaker 4: Its like my eyes have been blown wide. We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust, our nation's highest officers. We then united and are resolved to do something about it, which, whether we like it or not, spells you.
Speaker 1: You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. You tuned into right Side Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you have found that it is the right Side Radio program recording this episode on Friday, March the twenty first, and of course we apologized that we didn't release one yesterday because just a lot of stuff going on. As I've mentioned before, the delivery, you're out, and sometimes that takes toll on your fatigue level and that pulls you back and you're just not quite able to record the way that you want to. But yesterday I also got pulled into recording Chris McDaniels America by myself. Chris last second was not able to break free from work, and because of that, he he needed me to go ahead and host without him. We already had it scheduled, everything was set up to go, so it made more sense for me to just go ahead and host that show by myself. I know if I had called Jim Sielski, he to probably figured out a way to get there, but I just didn't want to. I didn't want to bother them. So what I did was I took some of the ideas that I had for this week's Right Side Radio program, utilized those as an episode for Chris McDaniel's America instead of recording it as a Right Side episode. I think it's a good episode. You can go find it on the Midnight Rides Facebook page and go find it on center Chris McDaniel facebook page. It's on the Midnight Rides YouTube channel, so there are multiple places you can go and find the Chris McDaniels America. I highly encourage you go do that, and while you're doing that, make sure you subscribe to it. Help our YouTube page grow for sure. That would be a huge bonus for us if you could do that. And of course, if you've not already liked and subscribe to the Right Side Radio program, please do so on your podcatcher of choice. Remember around iTunes, our Heart Radio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music, and so many more. Help us grow. This show has been growing at a great level. We have been added to spreakers Prime Network, so we are featured right there on Spreaker's main website if you click on their Prime network. We are one of the featured shows now, which is exciting. As we continue to grow, we continue to ask you guys to share us because that's how we're able to accomplish this and hopefully this will lead to a larger audience and the Right Side will continue to grow. The Midnight Ride will continue to grow, and we'll just keep seeing our conservative message continue to get spread. Now, there's a lot that's going on in the news, But of course, yesterday I spent Chris McDaniels America talking about the Trump executive order that is going to lead to the abolishment of the Department of Education. I gave my thoughts on why I like that, but I also gave you my skepticism on whether or not it'll actually take because my complete and total lack of faith of the Republicans in Congress to actually do anything to codify it. I definitely express that. So there's no there's no real point in me repeating myself and going back over that. I've been looking through the released JFK files and I see some things that are of interest, but it's there hadn't been that smoking gun that we were all hoping for when we heard that Trump was about to declassify all these files. We just hadn't found it yet. Not saying there's not something there, just saying we haven't found it yet. So going through some of these stories, I just decided I've already covered it this week, on whether it was in morning coffees or whether or not it was the guest hosting duty of Chris McDaniel's America. So what could I do well? About a month ago, I sat down and did an interview with Chris McDaniel for a profile piece that I was writing for The Laurel Leer Call. It was one in which I interviewed him, I interviewed his boys. I even got a couple of quotes from his wife, Jill, and it was basically a piece the way how it was crafted in the newspaper, a piece of how Chris has left the State Senate and is able to focus more on his children and their baseball careers. It's a piece that I was really proud of and really happy to get to right. But I did record the interview, and there's so much more, because, again, when you're writing a story, especially when you have a hook, you have a direction you want to go with the story, there's only so much that you can put into the written space that you're given. And believe me, I was given a term menace about of space because it was well over two thousand word feature story. But even then, there's so much because it's a thirty minute interview and I didn't I couldn't fit everything into the interview space. The way that I wanted to. So with Chris's permission, I asked him, can I play the unedited interview and let the listening audience hear a little bit more. I think in this interview.
Speaker 1: You'll hear.
Speaker 2: Chris talk very candidly about how he feels about the legislature in general, and it's total, it's totally ineptitude, and the fact that the Republicans who have long claimed to be the champions of conservative values are the very ones who have been slapping conservatives in the face the last several years in many ways. For those of you who aren't as familiar with the process as might be eye opening for those of us who feel like we do know the process, it's probably going to be validating in your opinion that the process is extremely broken. So, because Chris gave me that permission, now this will be a shorter show. So I'm going to take an earlier commercial break than usual, just because again we want to pay a couple of bills here or there and make sure that we get our sponsors happy. So I'm going to Paul's right here for a commercial break. I know this is way earlier in the show, but after this break, I'll introduce the interview segment. We'll come back and play that straight through with no interruptions, and let you hear this candid interview with Chris mcdanie and you'll get to hear his thoughts on his fellow politicians from back in the day and again I think it's very eye opening. So get ready for this, guys. This is the right Side Radio Program. I'm your host, Jack Fairchild's. We'll be right back the Midnight Ride, the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America, God and Country, The right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content. All right, guys, so welcome back here to the Right Side Radio Program again. I'm your host, Jack Fairchild's, and I'm going to go into this interview that I played with Chris McDaniel now again. I recorded this about a month ago for the intent for a newspaper article that has already run. Great feature. You can check it out at the Laurel Leader. Call and check out this feature that I did on Chris and as boys, But there was so much more out of this interview that I wasn't able to get to. As I said in the first segment, that I want to play this full uninterrupted interview. So let me start this for you right now. Well, Chris, first off, you know, you served in Missisi State Senate for sixteen years. Correct, that's correct.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: First off, you know, I mean you fought many battles up there in the in the Senate, you know, and how much how hard was it during those sixteen years to have to be away from family during session?
Speaker 1: It was incredibly difficult. It's some of the things that I regret about the sixteen years. Of course, of course, I've always been involved in politics. I always involved in politics, probably two thousand and eight, and I've always fault for my convictions, the things that I believe would make this country better and to me in many ways, it hasn't stopped. I'm still involved in the fight. Almost every day. I'm being asked to speak, or being asked to write, or being asked to influence so and those things they haven't changed much. Being away though from my boys was probably not probably you know, being away from the boys was the most difficult part of that job. When you thank you on the fact that I'm a lawyer as well and licensed to practice the States, and I'm going a lot with a legal job as well, it just adds to that regret that I spent so much time away. Strangely enough, I was doing it for them. I hope one day they'll understand that. I hope one day they can see past the fact that in many ways I wasn't with them the way I should have been, or at least the way I believe I should have been. But I did the very best I could under very difficult circumstances. And but yeah, it was it was tough. It was really tough.
Speaker 2: You talked about you know, you have always been in politics, you know, you started out the Right Side radio show.
Speaker 1: Even before that. I mean, I've been involved in Republican politics since I was eighteen years old, No, probably before I was helping I was doing my best to get to kirk Ford I selected. So it was well prior.
Speaker 2: To the of course, now you're you're doing the Chris McDaniel's America on the Midnight Ride network, so and of course still actively fighting for or against certain pieces of legislation. So despite the fact you're not a member of the body currently, you're still an active participant.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, Once a senator, always a senator, And it doesn't change the influence that I still have. I have many many friends that still serve and we talk almost daily, so it's still an important point. Look at it this way, look at it this way. There are two ways to have influence in this world. One is you can have a very narrow feel of influence inside of capital building. I never wanted that influence. The influence I saw was the ability to influence legislation from outside the capital building, that is, going straight to the people and talking to the people. The reason I saw it that way is because I always saw the people as my bosses, and as an employee of theirs, I wanted to be sure that I was accountable to them. So I never tried to find the internal capital ladder with committees with as situations there. I spent my time outside of the capital in that sense, influencing the population, and that's what I'm still doing so to the extent. To that extent, nothing's really changed.
Speaker 2: Is that part of the reason why why you were serving. You were very very active, especially during the legislative session with Facebook lives updating different things that were happening. I mean you did it outside of session too, but deuring session it seemed to be like at least two three times a week we would see you on Facebook Lite.
Speaker 1: It was very important for me to remain accountable, to remain open to the people, and sometimes the people would disagree, and sometimes they would agree, but I still wanted them to know what my position was, and I wanted to do my best to represent their position. And you know, as you know, I think to this day, I probably have the largest social media followed any individual in the state, certainly the largest to any politician in the state. So being able to utilize that social media to reach people and to do my best to influence debates, that's something I did when I was in Jackson. It's something I did when I traveled. It's something I still do today, because again, the fight isn't so much what's going on inside the capital. The fight that's what's going on with people and how they view the capitol. My personal position is if we can wake people up, then we can save this country. But if we stay asleep, or distracted where we are now. Eventually we're going to lose the country.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you miss about serving.
Speaker 1: I miss nothing, absolutely nothing about it. And there's a reason for that. A the great majority of the politicians in this country are despicable, egoist, selfish, self centered. We'll stop my friend in the back for a dime. People that simply are despicable and can't be trusted. I don't miss being around those types of people. Now, I did not mean to infer that they're all that way. Are some good ones out there, but it is a distinct minority. There's almost no integrity in this business. There's almost no justice in this business. It's rumors and accusations and backstabbing. So do I miss that junk. Absolutely not. I'll give you some examples. I've I've practiced law all over the country, and I've represented big companies and I've represented individuals. The people that I meet with daily outside of politics are far and away better human beings. They're smarter, they're more capable, and that taught me a lot about human nature because something about the prefer the perverse mindset of a politician that seeks power and control. These are the very people that don't belong anywhere near an office. So I don't miss those people at all. I did not enjoy my time serving with many of those people.
Speaker 2: Just to be frank, was it always that way or did it develop well a little bit over time.
Speaker 1: It's it was always that way, but like any new politician, I had not quite seen behind the veil yet. Once you witness the corruption, once you're in those back rooms and you see these conversations taking the place, it opened your eyes and put it this way. Every year I was there, it wasn't so much that it worsened. It just became more apparent that it was occurring. But I'll tell you again, I want to be clear about this. There are very few good people serving in politics. And once you realize that, it's liberating. And I realized it pretty soon upon arriving. So yes, was it always like that, absolutely that I had a full realization of how corrupt it all was.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, one of the things that I think shruck may was, you know, after you were out, it seemed like there was a sense of relief, especially knowing that your oldest was going into i think his junior year of playing baseball. Your youngest this year is starting on the seventh grade team, so he's starting high school baseball himself. How awesome is it that you were outside of when you get pulled away from, you know, legal work. How awesome is it that you're going to be able to see almost every game of your son's senior year and probably a lot of your the start of your youngest son seventh grade year.
Speaker 1: It's incredibly important to me. I was blessed with a wonderful father and I lost him too young, and then I always wanted to emulate his influence my life with my own sons, and in many ways I've done that. Distinction is is that I miss way too much time, And frankly, I missed a lot of time fighting for people, fighting for their convictions, fighting for their viewpoints, and most of them didn't care one way or the other. Many folks can be as self interested in the self and as yeah as self interested as the politicians they claim they want to remove. And so the ability to fight for my belief system, to fight for the people that represented that elected me, that was a huge deal. But it's not nearly as big as being the good daddy. Look my sons are getting older. I am not going to handle this empty mess very well because I love them so much. I want them to be strong, good, independent men. But at the same time, I would lie if I told you I wanted them out of the house, right So the ability to be around this part of their lives, to hug them, to play with them, and then watch them mature from being boys and to young men. I don't want to miss another moment, not a second of that. And so it was always very conflicting in that I knew I had a duty to fight for the people, but the overwhelming duty should have always been and always will be being add daddy to those boys.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Cambridge for a second. You know, he's he's already signed with Meridian Community College. Uh, he's put up some monster home run numbers for a high school kid. Uh you know, I mean, just just tell me about what you see about Cambridge on the baseball I mean, his his own ball coach just the other day in a preview story, referred to him as probably Mississippi's best hitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is an incredible hitter. More importantly, he's an incredible human. Uh. You know, Baseball's a game and they'll be a they'll come up point a time in his life where he will have to give that game up. And so the reason I like baseball is that I believe it has helped him to become the man he is. The sacrifice, the rules, the regulations, the ability to learn to fail with dignity, these are all things that men have to learn, and he's learned it very well. But the most important thing is not his baseball career. The most important thing is that he grows up to be a good man, a good daddy to his children. And you know, I've been incredibly blessed with that young man because if you know him, you know he has the biggest heart imaginable. You know, he doesn't have a pretentious or unruly or stubborn bone in his body. He's just a very rare and wonderful human being. So, putting baseball aside, I don't care if he ever gets another hit. As long as he it's a good boy and becomes a good man, I'll be satisfied.
Speaker 2: You know, when he first started playing ball, it was on a T ball level and didn't seem as interested in it as he has become. Did you ever envision that baseball was going to become his love perhaps.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I love baseball. I've taken him to Rigley Field and Fenway Park and other baseball parks for as long as he's been alive. I remember having him in a stroller at Rigley Field, so he always was around the game, and I think he understood the historical significance of the game and what it means to families and to American society. But watching him play tea ball and that significant lack of focus was a bit hilarious, you know, playing in the dirt, running the wrong direction, chasing every ball that was hit. Every kid does that, and that's what makes it so wonderful to watch. But I think he would become altily obsessed with the seagle sport of baseball, not necessarily, and I'm happy he did it. Yes, It's a wonderful sport filled with important lessons for life. And I believe that his coaches that he's had have helped create this spectacular young man that we see today, and I give them full credit for that as well. Chris.
Speaker 2: You know, he was named one of two team captains this year for his senior season. As a dad what's that mean to you to see your son be elected one of the two team captains.
Speaker 1: I liked it, it was impressive, but I also had to remind him of the responsibility that entels. He's not just a captain to the starters. He's not just a captain to the seniors. He's a captain to all those young players that look up to him. And he needs to be kind, irrespectful, and most importantly fair to all those players. And he has been. But it's a great honor for him, and I know he's excited about it. So yeah, if he's happy, I'm happy, you know.
Speaker 2: Talking with his coach the other day, he told me stories you know of you know Cambridge, you know, just being funny, always coming to get practice with a big smile on his face, talked about finding his TikTok videos. Is there any fun story you know about Cambridge you would like to share right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's so many. When you take a personality like his, which is open to the world and its experiences, and yet it's so kind and unpretentious and disarming and even goofy at times, there are dozens of hilarious stories to tell about Cambridge, MCDA. I tell you what, I'm gonna give out a thought over the next day or so. And I almost supplement that because there's got to be one that that will be more fitty than all the others. But they need us to say he's he makes me laugh every single day.
Speaker 2: Well, I got one that can relate to his pitching. Did you know he was going to have a great pitching arm when he tagged you in the eye with that book?
Speaker 1: There's true stories of aut pitching. That's really funny. I was laying there in bed reading, getting ready to go to bed, and like a little ninja, he sneaks in. And he's a little fello at this time, maybe two maybe three, and he has one of those small hardcover books and it's thin, and instead of handed me the book so I could read it to it, I guess he thought it would be cute to try to impel me, and so he crow hops the book with his strongest throw and he hit me right in the corner of the eye. And I had a couple of speeches to give that week, and I remember giving thosepeeches for the Black Eye, which was hilarious because I've never seen anybody walking down the street with a black eye that I didn't think was crazy, and so naturally the people I was giving the speech you probably thought I was crazy. The other one I thought was funny was this a few years ago. He was pitching a little bit here and there. And if you know him, this is such a camera story because he walks in, he goes, Daddy, I want to tell you something, he says. I think I'm probably one of the best pictures in the whole state. I just can't throw strikes. Just consider that for a moment. See, he had not quite understood that the whole point of pitching just to throw strikes. But that's who he is. And like I said, there are dozens of stories about Cambridge that would be wonderful too.
Speaker 2: Now you're daring a lot of times during weekend and sometimes in the afternoons, you'll leave the office and head out to a ball field and help him with the swing. You know, I mean, how first off, how impressive is it that he's willing to come to his dad and ask for help with that swing that you know he gets rave reviews on anyway, And how does that make you feel as a dad, know that he wants you to help when he feels like he's struggling.
Speaker 1: I love that That's what daddies were supposed to do. We're supposed to always be there to help when our children are struggling, whether it's a swing or whether it's life. Didies are here to provide safety and security, and I think that's an important responsibility that I have. So for him to ask the advice on it really means a lot to me. He knows I know the game. He knows I've played a lot of baseball, and he knows that when I see those slight adjustments that could be problematic he has with this swing, he knows we can make those small changes and getting right back to form. But yeah, it means a lot to me that he would ask. And I love doing and I love pitching to him. I love throwing with him. You know, we take for granted as fathers just playing catch. Yep. I wish I could play catch with my dad one more time. But the thing I remember about him is is that every time people play catch, big smile. He always had this really big smile on his face. And that's that's a really neat memory for me because it was spontaneous and it was real it well, nothing fake about it. So when he would throw with me, he would just smile, and that's what every father's son relationship should be about.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about Chamberlain for a second. You know, he's he's made several All Star teams, much like his big brother did before him, and now this year is his first year as part of the high school program at Sal Jones's parted the junior high team as seventh grader. What do you see from from Chamberlain and how much do you think he might have picked up from that big brother?
Speaker 1: A lot, very different personalities, both amazing and I can't love the more I love him. But he is very athletic, very driven, has a touch of perfectionism in him, and all of those things can be incredibly powerful when you're a baseball player. However, they can also be a weakness if you don't learn to control those impulses. Baseball's a game of failure. If you hit three balls out of ten, you're an All Star, but you failed seven, at least theoretically speaking, So he has to learn how to play the game and not be afraid of failure, and he's done that very successfully. Over the last few years. I think he's won three state championships wolverif that he's learned to play every position, including catcher on the field, he's a good utility in fielder as well. So I like the diversity of the game. I like the fact that he can play any position, really strong arm, great ability with the bats. So if he stays focused and stays happy, he's going to be a great, great baseball player.
Speaker 2: You know why. He may not have the power that his older brother has. He might one day, but he.
Speaker 1: May not yet. He hit his first home run before age wise chrinologically speaking, he is first on run four games. Didn't now just develops power as he ages. But then again, he also developed size. Right now, he's sixty two hundred and fifty pounds. That's a big man. So we've got to see how Chamberain grows. He has good beat steed, so if he grows to a reasonable weight, yeah, he'll have tremendous power to you know.
Speaker 2: One of the things that you know, I've always noticed when you were serving in the Senate and your boys were playing, you know, whether it was Cambridge or Chamberain, didn't matter, they were playing a game. You had your wife, Chill or me. Sometimes I can't put me in the ratcle, but call you and tell you after every at bat, after every inning pitch, what was going on, how they did.
Speaker 1: Whether I was in Washington, New York, Chicago, or Jackson. I'm paying attention to those baseball games, and I want him to know I'm paying attention because I love him that much. So yeah, call Jill and ask for the update. And what's funny about Jill. She doesn't know, well even now, all the rules of baseball, so you would have to you know, she wasn't really sure what a double or triple was, but she would at least tell me if you make contact with the bat, right, So yeah, I would always call and get reports because I was just that interested. And if I was in a meeting, I would pause the meeting and make the call. If I was at dinner, I paused at dinner and make that call. It was more important to know what he was doing, to let him know I love him than it was to be in that meeting.
Speaker 2: How still practicing the law? How hard is it to schedule everything around these games now? I mean, especially with this being Cambridge's senior year. I know you don't want to miss any, but is that feasible or you know, is that going to be possible.
Speaker 1: I don't anticipate missing any now. You never can tell, because, as you know, the practice of law can be a bit stressful and can be very unpredictable. Of a recent judges don't seem to care a lot about my schedule. So you know, if a judge, I could tell the judge, I could try to tell him I've got a baseball came Thursday night or Thursday afternoon, but he may not agree that that's a very important thing when considering his doctor. Yeah, so I hope not to miss any, but you never know if I am not, if I'm not, if I'm not here in state, I'll be calling and watching and keeping it with it the best way I can, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, how how awesome would it be, you know, especially if it happens sometimes during Chamberline's career, if they you know, they start being able to broadcast these games online. How much would that improve for you on those rare instances where you can't get out of being.
Speaker 1: I would never I would never miss a pitch. I'd never miss a pitch. I might have a my dad been sitting on my desk in front of the court with a volume down, but I would never miss a pitch.
Speaker 2: You know, what's the difference between You know, you talked about working with Cambridge. He's always very receptive whatever you tell them. What's different when you're working with Chamberlain because you know they have different personalities and he might sometimes be harder to work with.
Speaker 1: He's a bit more stubborn, which is common for younger brothers. You know, he's had to put up with his older brother playing with him and picking on him and pushing him around all these years, so he can be a bit more stubborn. But he's still a fabulous kid. And he does listen and he does his very best to implement the suggestions that I give him, and he's very coachable. He's very coachable, and like that about him. A lot of times kids can be stubborn and not coachable. He's just the opposite. He'll listen and he'll do exactly what he's asked. So I'm very proud of her, you know, he.
Speaker 2: How much how much do you think he's driven by his brother's success to equal or surpass what his brother's not.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say just yet, but I can tell you his brother's success has been a motivating factor in his love for the game. Is he competing with his brother directly now? Not yet, because he's so much smaller and so much younger. Will he be when he's a sophomore in high school. Probably so, because he's gonna want to at least live up to his brother's name. And Cambridge has had a spectacular career South John's he made five Ay'all state as a junior. He's doing well as a senior. Cambridge Chamberlain sees those things, and I'm comfortable he wants to emulate it, but he doesn't see himself in competition with his brother yet. In fact, it's just the opposite. He he cheers for his brother. He wants his brother to do well, and he's very happy when his brother as well.
Speaker 2: I've noticed he comes running up like he'll be off playing with friends. But whenever his brother comes up to a bat, it's not just him that runs up, it's him plus a whole host of little kids.
Speaker 1: There's a whole bunch of kids. They come to the games and they love to watch Cambridge bad. I told Cambridge years ago that the most magical play, perhaps in all the sports, is a home run. It just has a there's a magnificent feeling about it, and they can change the whole direction of the game with one swing. And power hitters have a magic about them. And so when a power hitter comes to the play, you realize he may strike out, he may fly out, but it may hit it four hundred and fifty feet. And so there's something really magical about watching a power hitter step up knowing that he has the ability to devastate a fastball or a breaking ball, And so these kids all rush up there to watch him, and I think they realize that's part of it. It's just, you know, there's a reason that Babe Ruth is still considered the greatest baseball player that's ever played. He was a power hitter, and Cambridge being a power hitter holds an extra better magic for those kids to watch.
Speaker 2: I suppose you know, next year he'll be at Meridium Community College, not too far but not right down the road from the house anymore. Uh. I'm assuming that you're going to try to make as many games as you can. Of course, uh, being even a junior college, you may not be able to catch all the road games. But I'm assuming your your goal is to see as many of those games as she possibly can't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna be there as long as God allows me. I'm gonna be watching him play baseball, watching him race his family, watching him play catch with his kids every chance I get so, absolutely, I don't want to miss a thing.
Speaker 2: And what about on the incidents is when Chamberlain's got a high school game and Cambridge has got a college game, where do you go from there?
Speaker 1: I may have to find a way to video one of those. Each game would be dependent on the unique circumstances of the game. I'll give you an example. If Cambridge is playing his eleventh college game against a team in North Mississippi, and Chamberlain is pitching for the first time in a high school game, then naturally I'm going to choose Chamberlain's game. But it does create some difficulties. I'll probably end up having to hire somebody to FaceTime one of the two games so I can sit and keep up and watch both of them.
Speaker 2: Chris, when you served in the Senate, you always chose the same desk, the same seat, and I think You explained it to me that you chose that seat because it was the one that kind of stayed off camera a little bit. You could kind of could sit there and do your own thing. Whereas you know, if the baseball games your seasfront and center right behind home played, you know, you know, first off, you know which seat is.
Speaker 1: Which seat do you prefer? Oh, watching baseball behind home played all day every day and it's not even close. To watch my son play is one of the great pleasures of my life, both of them. To watch my son's play is one of the great pleasures of my life. So not even was called.
Speaker 2: You know, Chris, as as Cambridge moves on and he's going to be at college and you know, be harder for you to have those daddy's son patent practices. You know that you currently So how much are you going to soak up every minute that he asked you to step out on that field? And how much do you look forward to repeating that with Chamberlain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time he asked I went yesterday to throwing that And we are already two games in the season and you realize that his baseball career at South Joines is going to end sooner than later, and I got Tierry yesterday walking off the field with it because it's one of the last times I'll be able to do that there. So yeah, I'm very aware of it. I'm very aware of the Yeah, how fight that all is and how very special that all is. Because now we're talking about just a handful of times that I have left to do this with Hill while he's still as the South sounds brave. So yeah, I'm going to embrace every second he was the ones that made me cry.
Speaker 2: But knowing that you have Chamberlaine coming behind him, and that these moments, even though it won't be the same because it's a different son, but they're going to repeat themselves.
Speaker 1: We hope. That's the thing. These moments are not guaranteed. You know, we're only here for a season, and our children go through changes of heart and minds. We're not promised that Chamberlain will play when I promise that he'll love the game the way Cambridge did. So although I'm looking forward to it and I hope he does, and I hope I get the chance to relive these moments with him, I'm also very much aware that those days are promised.
Speaker 2: Two more questions. This one probably won't go in the story unless he does something crazy this week. Your boy's sitting close to records, you know, he's you know, currently three away from time the su Chann's record, four from breaking it. What as a dad, what's that going to mean to you? To see him set a record at his school?
Speaker 1: Pretty incredible? Again, we're not promised those days. Those days we assume that he'll hit a number of home runs, and only because he has a track record of hitting home runs. He may get hurt, he may get flat, he may go into a slump. A dozen things could happen to prevent any of these things from coming to fruition. And yet if they do, I think he would be absolutely wonderful because all of a sudden now he would be essentially passing a legend to become Amminians as a legend of his own. And as hard as he's work, he deserves that. But I'll tell you again, like I told you earlier, I don't care if he ever hits another baseball. He's a legend in my mind right now because he's a good boy. And if he gives the game up, we'll miss it. But as long as I can see him, uh, stay in the same panth and become a good man and a good daddy to his children. That I'm going to be perfectly satisfied with every moment I've had.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna fast forward to the end of the season. Yeah, South Jones playing for the state championship, and there were we're going to where we want to be and at the end of the game they win, your son gets to hold up that trophy. Yeah, tell me as a dad, what's what's that moment gonna feel.
Speaker 1: Like I won't be able to see it because of the tears and it's time to cost the championship. It's just because he works so hard, so amazing. Need to think about We'll have to wait to see absolutely.
Speaker 2: Trying to think. Is is there anything you know you want to just add for your voice?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You've said a lot.
Speaker 1: I think it's once you get the story read and I'll be able to go back and do a few things. But just for purposes of listen to you, I'll just say that I've been very blessed that it's hard to express the love offer them. They're very different children, but both equally amazing, and I just so hope that I can help the opportunity to watch them grow and to be successful or whatever they choose to do. More importantly, I wanted to be happy. And as long as they're happy, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: And I'm going from the Senate floor to the ball field. Just sounds like it suits you so much, and it sounds like you're you're just a in a happier spot being able to watch them play.
Speaker 1: Very much so being around baseball fans, being around these kids, it's just a far better environment with far better people, People of integrity, of kindness, and compassion. And those are the types of people I prefer to spend my time with, not selfish and ego driven politicians.
Speaker 2: And in this instance, you're referring to the other parents, to the players, and the coaches.
Speaker 1: All of them, all of them, I mean, you know some You'll always have a few fans sometimes can get rowdy on both sides, but for the most part, these these people on around with the baseball games, they are all really good people. It doesn't matter if they're on the opposing team or opposing players. They're good folks and they're not driven by the selfish and nasty attributes to drive politicians. And so if I have a choice to spend time around regular Mississippians as opposed to politics, I'm going to spend time around Mississippians. If I haven't been clear enough, Jack, you mean you may have realized this. I'm just not a big fan of politicians. I've seen enough of their disgusting behavior the last lifetime. So that's all I've got to say about that.
Speaker 2: I've got one more question and this that'll wrap it up. You know, obviously, when you go to a home game, you're recognized, you know, because you grew up here.
Speaker 1: People know.
Speaker 2: How often are you recognized on when you go on the road to watch Cambridge play? And is it usually cordial.
Speaker 1: All the games? That's why people might wonder why I have this beard. It helps me to hide a little bit. Now. There's never I've never been anywhere where somebody doesn't want to tell politics. And that's fine, that's fine. I understand that was part of what I did for sixteen years, and I enjoyed talking politics. As to the question of whether it's cordial or not, almost always, almost always not In nine percent of the interactions are always positive. Of course, there's always going to one or two and that's okay too, but yeah, very cordial. But to answer your question, I don't have not been anywhere any part of the state where someone hasn't come up to be and talk to you about politics. Perfect.
Speaker 2: Thank you got an idea for how a good interview there, and I enjoyed sitting down with Chris on that. But what I want to play now before we close this show up is, of course I did sit down with his two sons and I asked them a question about their dad's service, and I want to play that because I think, again, I don't think Chris has heard this, so I feel like it's something worth playing. Also, before I play that, just to give you an update, since i'd mentioned something to Sarah McDaniel about his boy being three away from tying his school's home run record, he has since tied that home run record, so he is sitting tied for the most home runs at South Jones, which is impressive. So he has tied the record, just to update you on that question. Now this interview, the audio is a little bit rougher, but again I'm only going to play this segment because I think it's important for the audience. See how Chris's boys viewed him as a state senator. But also I think it's important for Chris to hear this because I don't believe he's heard this portion of the interview yet. But trying to think of a tell me how proud you are of your dad, Senate Park.
Speaker 5: I am beyond proud of him because he did stuff that no other senator has ever done in say, Mississippi, and quite frankly, he's probably the best I said, they're ever in Mississippi to ever be in the legislation. The countless things that are incredible. He tries, He tries so hard, and he's uh, he's stressed a lot on some of the work. But uh, he is one of a kind and he will not nobody really does what he does because he's straightforward, simple, and he's gonna be You'll give it to you straight. He's not gonna sugarcoated, and he's not gonna take any bribes or nothing like that ever.
Speaker 2: Move the phone closer to Chamberlain. Chamberlain, say what.
Speaker 1: You tell me?
Speaker 2: What what? What about your dad's work as a senator makes you most proud?
Speaker 3: It is the fact that he like doesn't give love everyone like sometimes like when he is there and is that all of his confidence kind of like he said, solve as a confidence and what he's doing for the same city.
Speaker 2: Helped me. Guys kind words. You can tell a lot about a man by the way that his children talk about him. And there you hear both Cambridge and Chamberlain speak very, very highly of their father, and they are very proud of the work that he did in the state legislature, much like their father is proud of the work they've put forth on the baseball diamond. It is an interesting interview and it was a lot of fun to not just hear the political side that Chris was wanting to talk about, but also his life now that he's moved out of the State legislature. And I can tell you that he is definitely happier as a result. So you can hear in his voice and when you see him and the smile on his face in those baseball stands, even on nights where it doesn't go the Soucha s. Braves way, or maybe Cambridge doesn't have as strong performance as we're used to seeing, he's still happy to be there and be able to witness what his son's done. There's an amazing moment where Cambridge, who had no clue he was even in striking distance of the South Jones home run record, his coach let Crispy, the one to tell him that he had tied the home run record. And of course my friend and co worker Kevin Lindsay was there covering the game in which he tied the record, and he captured that moment on film. I'm gonna play the audio of it now. Of course it's at a ball park, so it is going to be a little rough, but it's still a cool moment.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 1: One, like, what was it?
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 1: Awesome? Congratulations, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: It's freaking proud of you. So that who you heard in that video? Of course you heard Chris telling him he had tied the record. You also heard his head coach, Mason Strickland in the background, and I think you hear Chris's wife Jill as well. But it's a a cool moment. The video is even cooler because of course you see Chris running in hugg his dad after he tells him Hugger his coach, hugg his mom just speaks volumes about who Cambridge is as a kid, but those are the type moments that before Chris might would have had to have somebody relate to him later. Now he's actually able to be in the stands and able to witness firsthand. Yes, I know that this particular interview was a departure from some of our political takes. Although Chris did hit on politics and hit pretty harshly at some of the politicians that he served with. At the same time, it's important to see the happiness and the fact that he is, I think in a much better environment as someone who worked for the last thirteen years in a very toxic working fire, one that was not healthy in the slightest one that ultimately I wasn't happy in. Now I've moved over and working at the newspaper. I ran into a former co worker the other day and she told me I looked happier, and that's because I am. I'm out of that extremely toxic work environment that I used to be in, and I'm in a place where, even though I've been there a short time, we feel like family. And that's remarkable, and Chris has found that on his own. Chris has found that they're with those baseball parents, the parents of the other kids on the team. They're not just spectators. They're part of that family. And you can see it in the way they all talk when one of their kids does good, when they're trying to pick up a kid that's struggling, and you can just see that Chris seems happier. And I'm happy to share that with my audience, share that with each and every single one of you, so you can hear that interview. And of course, you know you heard him almost tear up whant to point it out, the possibility of Cambridge when in a championship in his final high school season. Just a fun, raw interview, and I'm happy that we got to finally share that one with you. Hopefully Chris actually listens this episode so we can hear the part where his voice say kind words about him, because I can tell you after sitting down with both of them and doing a thirty minute long interview with them as well, they are proud of his sacrifices and they do understand that he was making those sacrifices for them, and I think that if Chris could understand that, I think he would be a little bit more at peace with having to be away for as long as he was in certain times. But at the same time, I also know Chris and the regret over the time that you can't get back. That's something he'll never let go of because that's human nature, and that's part of who he is and what makes him special in the first place. We're gonna stop right here with the Right Side Radio Program this week. We hope you guys have enjoyed this week's episode. It's been a lot of fun putting this one together, sharing with you this interview from Chris and letting you hear it in its entirety, pulling that bit from the Boys and letting you as well as Chris, hear that clip, and of course so much more. Next week, hopefully things will be a little bit back to normal. We'll get back into covering the political news that this week we weren't quite able to. But I think it worked out for the best. Me having to host Chris McDaniels America last week by myself, I think that only led to us putting together a very special episode this week. So I hope you guys enjoyed it. I hope you guys will continue to support the show, remember like and subscribe, share the show share Chris McDaniels America, subscribe to The Midnight Ride's YouTube page and share it so that way you can continue to help these programs grow. This has been the right Side Radio program. Thank you'all so much for listening. We'll see you again real soon.
Speaker 1: Escape to Borrow River Resort.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairchild's the Right Side Radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride, no space in between Midnight and ride and remember enter the promo code m I d n I g H t r ID and save big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had.