Speaker 1: Then think of yourself at all until you you know, in fact, sometimes you probably should think of yourself a little more than you do whenever you just get wrapped up and being a parent. So he also told me that when it comes to, you know, going too every single game courtside with my media seat and all that, and and being away from my family on nights when Louisville basketball's playing and then they're playing on a Saturday, you know, those things take a lot of time if you go and do the full game day coverage. And he said, eventually you won't want to go. You'll want to be with your son. You will want to have those experiences, and you'll be able to do both and it'll be fine and you won't be caught up in what people say, oh it was. And he sit in courtside, he's he's just a fa Like he said, you won't it won't even matter. You'll miss going to games because you're going to watch your son play sports, your daughter play sports. And I'm like, yeah, right, it's a known thing, like I don't miss Louisville games. And now it's like, yeah, I'm not gonna be there. I'm going to go do stuff with my family, so I didn't think he would be correct, but in fact was he was correct. So shout out to Benetti and congrats to to John and Alicia on becoming new parents. And again congrats on the sex brother first time having sex one exactly, A one for one, one for one. All right, I'm just going to throw it to you, man, because you've not probably you've probably been chomping at the bit this week to talk some football, because you've been probably talking football here and there in the mornings with Cruz and with mister Gus Allen. But what matchup on the board on Saturday are you most confident in when it comes to your.
Speaker 2: Picks, I'll say you, well, first of all, I do want to give myself a pat on the back for taking old miss money line last week. That didn't tell you for me, I've got another one that I'm not as confident enough to take the outright up set. But I love Tennessee plus nine and a half against Georgia, even though it is on the road. I'm starting to not be much a believer at all in this Georgia team being among the elite of the elite, and I know this is a home game for the Bulldogs. But I do feel like this is going to be a good opportunity for Tennessee to kind of take advantage of a reeling Georgia team. And I just even if they don't win, I think nine and a half is a pretty good spread for them to cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably will stay away from this, but if I was going to play, that would be it. I just think it's too many points for a Georgia team that their loss to Ole Miss really made it to where. I mean, I guess technically things could still work out for them, but this is probably the most adversity that George's hit under Kirby Smart, maybe since like his first year or something like that, to where they've had this many losses this late and they're clearly just not I mean, like last year they had the one loss and it kept them out of the playoff, right and before that they won two national championships in a row.
Speaker 2: So they're still really good.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think Tennessee's pretty good as well, and I believe Tennessee's young quarterback will in fact play, So again, I'll probably stay away from that, but if I was going to get in, that would certainly be what I would do as well. I've got a pick that I am so confident in that I'm worried that maybe there's something that I don't know, and it could be because I don't follow the big tennis close as you. How is Illinois only two and a half point favorites against Michigan State.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, and I base a lot of that off of the fact that I saw Indiana completely mow Michigan State to the ground on the road, and of course this Michigan State team will be going to Illinois. Yeah, I'm just as confused about that one as you are. I like that, I don't kid it minus two and a half.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I don't understand how this isn't you know, six and a half seven? I mean, right now in the sports line projection here their formula twenty eight to sixteen. I mean that that absolutely seems like the score we could see. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan State doesn't even put up sixteen because their offense isn't great and obviously Brett Brett Beilama is a really good defensive coach, so you know, you gotta keep in mind Also, Michigan State is coming off of a bye week, and prior to that they lost forty seven to ten to Indiana and then they lost at Michigan, who everybody now knows, this is nowhere near what they what they you know, not even what they were last year. But they're not They're not that good of a team, you know. I know, Illinois has struggled. They're lost to Minnesota, you know, not a great one. However, they were underdogs in that game and Minnesota's turned out to be. Like maybe PJ. Fleck was right when he said something that you know, most coaches would never want to say, we're the best uh two and four two tamall time something like that, like, you know, which he actually might have been right, but it's just not something you typically want to, you know, brag about. But yeah, I uh, I've taken this one. I feel great about it. But if it doesn't come through, I'm just going to assume that those who set these lines knew something that none of us know and they got us. What's next for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of feel the same way about the next one that I'm taking, and that's BYU minus two and a half at home against Kansas, And I know Kansas is coming off a big win against Iowa State last week, which that was another game that I was confident in at least when it comes to what I thought the Cyclones will be able to do. But they now appear to be in reeling mode after they started off with a really good undefeated whatever it was, not to no record that it could that it was. But now you've got a BYU team who they're kind of in the same boat as Indiana where they're kind of fighting against committee, like is their schedule really that good? Are they going to be? Are they a legitimate playoff team? This is one of their another moments to not necessarily prove to the Committee that they're they're worth it. But I think they're gonna come into this game, especially with it being at home, knowing that they need to really take this Jayhawk team down convincingly to really show the Committee that they do belong, especially if they end up taking a loss at some point before the Big twelve Championship. So I think BYU minus two and a half is a fairly safe bet this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I mean, I've watched BYU very little since early on this year, and I can't claim to say if you watch them, you'll know that they're better than what the Committee's where the Committee is putting them. But I mean their resume is phenomenal here, and I mean, I don't know if i'd say they're like the most. I actually think SMU has turned into the most disrespected team to the to the the Committee and the rankings and whatnot. But BYU, I mean I like that. I mean it's another one of those games where I'm surprised the lines not a little bit bigger. Now this next one, for me, it's it. I'm gonna trust my judgment here, trust my trust, my gut. But if it doesn't work out, it'll be because this team turns into what a lot of teams turn into when you start getting these weekly updates from the Committee to where you know you're feeling like, you know, hey, everything's it's it's it's it's in our control, right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We we can't get too caught up in what the Committee thinks of us. We know that if we handle what we got to handle, we're gonna be there regardless because we're gonna win our conference. And that's SMU SMU is really good. Boston College is really not. They just made a quarterback change, Castellanos is transferring out. SMU looks looks better every time I watch them, and the now the number is huge, But SMU's at home and they have more. First of all, they have a huge, huge fan base, a lot of support, and they probably have more momentum than they've had since they got caught cheating before you and I were alive and when our parents were little kids. I mean, SMU is a monster right now. I'm not saying they're going to win the national championship. Maybe they end up getting humbled whenever they get to the college football playoff. We shall see. But right now, I mean, they beat the hell out of Pitt. Did have a close call against Duke, But other than that, man, they've been really, really impressive this entire season and that's a lot of points. Again, nineteen and a half is alive. But Boston College, you know, I know, they did beat QS last week and that was viewed as like them maybe getting their season turned around because they benched Castellanos and went in a different direction. But SMU at home with the momentum they have and look, maybe I need to rephrase the whole thing about them being a potential team that gets caught up in the rankings and they're not as focused. I mean, in fact, SMU dropped in the rankings and they still have I mean again, the comparisons to Texas and Penn State and SMU by every metric other than name brand is insane. And when you look at SMU dropping outside of the top twelve, top thirteen, I think they're like at fourteenth now or something like that, and those two teams are sitting in the top four. I mean, SMU is going to be hungry to make a statement and beating the hell out of Boston College probably won't do much for the committee, but you know it'll at least be all they can do in that situation. So I hate being so confident in a pick that has this many points nineteen and a half, but I'm believing in I'm believing in SMU here that.
Speaker 2: One has become a stay away from me. I looked at it earlier this week and I think it was around sixteen and a half or you know, you know, a lot more manageable looking. But as it's gone up and I was putting together my board for the week. That just to me, of course, I don't pay attention to eight smu on you doube. Yeah, it's it's a lot you never know when a team's going to put in a down performance potentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if this was at Boston College, if this was you know, maybe twenty one and a half, I probably still consider but stay away. But I I'm I'm gonna trust SMU here. What else do you like?
Speaker 2: Actually? I like WKU minus twelve and a half against Louisiana Tech this weekend and it just at home. Really yeah, and I don't know much about you know, the personnel for each team. I know WKU is much better than Louisiana Tech. I think Louisian Tech maybe only has two or three wins on the season. So to me, although there's not a lot of you know, methods, why I'm choosing other than just you know, knowing I'm gonna lum of WKU and that they're typically pretty good against the bad CUSA teams. I like to think that wk you can get fourteen points or more, or as it's twelve and a half at this point, they can get a couple of scores on the is it the Bulldogs? Is that what Louisian Tech does?
Speaker 1: I think so, Yeah, I think so. I mean, there's no way John Alden's the company man's alma mater is gonna lose the week that he announces that he's having a baby, you know what I mean. I mean it's they're not gonna let you down.
Speaker 2: And people asking me what the the female name for for Kurt would be, by the way, like Kurt Signet. Really I don't think there is one. Unfortunately, I would name my child after Kurt Signetti.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if you did, I wouldn't you know, I Uh, I wouldn't. I mean I wouldn't be surprised. The guys on top of the world. I mean it would be justified given how phenomenal Kurt Signette has been. But I can't think of the word Kurt or the name Kurt and thinking of like any type of female version of that. That's that's close to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find the the simulation here for uh is that game tonight?
Speaker 2: No? They play? I think it's new. Yeah, there're CBS tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the the let's see, Yeah, I mean Western Kentucky. They're seven and one on the on the years at seven and two.
Speaker 2: Louisianteka is three and six. Yeah, I mean, look, this is and and w k U.
Speaker 1: I wish I could pull it up here on sports line because I know that this is not uncommon for them. They've been good against the spread for like years six and three this year, and usually they they'll cover as dogs at times, So here they are obviously favorites. They're a lot better than Louisiana Tech. So I like that. One probably won't be something that I that I get into, but I certainly do think that would if I was going to get in, that's the route that I would go. Now there's a game here that I want to get in on, but I can't figure out what to do, which probably means I shouldn't shouldn't get involved here. But miss Missouri and South Carolina right now, I think I just me just double check here on fan duel because I know this has changed in the last because what I'm looking at on sports line shows South Carolina minus fourteen, but I think now it's down to minus thirteen and a half. I want to take South Carolina here, but because I think that they're better, and you know they've got momentum Missouri has. You know, they were lucky to survive against their rival last week who's having a really bad year Oklahoma. It's probably one that I'll end up taking South Carolina. But I need your thoughts on it. Is that too many points? I mean, I know you're not as familiar with.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'll say this about Missouri. I think I think you would agree with me on this. Missouri's probably been the most overrated team in college football all season long. They get the bump simply because they're in the SEC and that their losses are to Alabama and what is it is Texas A and M their other loss in the season.
Speaker 1: So Missouri has lost to Texas A and M by thirty one, and they lost Tobama thirty three.
Speaker 2: They didn't score on them. So I just I don't hate Boston College.
Speaker 1: Their best win, dude, is Vandy and they beat them by three and they were lucky to win that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't like or I don't dislike the pick at all. I of course I won't be betting on it just because I don't feel like I ever do terribly great and betting on the SEC. I say that after taking Ole Miss money line last week. But uh, it's just a very it's a very weird game. You have a team that has has one extra loss in your their rank, two spots ahead of them, but they're also favored by two touchdowns. It's pretty crazy, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I have no doubt that South Carolina is gonna win. And it did jump up, by the way. I think it started at South Carolina minus twelve and a half and now it's it went to fourteen. Now it's down to thirteen and a half. So South Carolina is that I mean, looking at South Carolina's resume, it's kind of wild. They they they are like Louisville to where they don't have the big win auctually I'm sorry they do. They have Texas A and M, which is a huge win for them because text A and M. You know, that's not the tex A M is not an elite team, but certainly a good that's a good win, is what I'm trying to say. But their losses are good. They lost to Alabama by just two points, they lost to Ole Miss and they got blown out. But now look at Ole Miss and then they lost to LSU, who you know, that's not a great loss, but it's certainly not a bad one. It was just about three points. So if you look at the two teams, they have very similar records. They have, you know, I think they're ranked right next to each other in the playoff rankings like twenty two and twenty three, or maybe that's the eight people. But you know, when you look at each each team week by week, I mean South Carolina's a lot better. So again a lot of points here. I've got two big favorites that I'm trusting, and my hope is that with it being this late in the season and the teams that are big dogs, maybe they just you know, maybe they submit late, and these two teams that have big spreads to cover, maybe they can they can find a way to pull through. All right, do you have any thoughts on basketball? Like, I know you haven't paid much attention to it, and I don't blame you, especially that you've been having to get up at like three o'clock in the morning this week. But let me let me tell you what we've got in action, and I'll probably get to some of these games later because I already have a feeling for what I want to do. But listen to this slate just for Friday night, company Man Alabama at Purdue. I mean that's number two versus number thirteen. That's tonight Alabama basketball will be at Purdue, Arizona at Wisconsin number nine, number twenty one, Ohio State at number twenty three, Texas A and M number fifteen, Marquette at Maryland number twenty, Florida at Florida State. And then these are matchups that aren't ranked teams, but these are big matchups for early on in college basketball. I'll TISU at Michigan, SMU at Butler, Virginia at Villanova, Virginia Tech against Penn State, West Virginia at Pitt Georgia at Georgia Tech. I mean that that's like a night of basketball that you would get like in the like the you know, the Prome time like us.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. Yeah, I'll tell you what. So uh, I do have a little bit of thoughts on Purdue Alabama. And it's more so and this may sound homeer ish of me, being of course an Indiana fan, but it wouldn't surprise me even though this game isn't Wes Lafayette If Alabama comes into Macki Arena and runs the table against the boiler Makers tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just don't think you can expect to replace Zach Eady's production really by anybody. I don't even mean, it's just not realistic. But like what they're doing, like they're just not I mean, Eadie, I know you're an Indiana fan, but I actually think you agree with me when I say this. We've had the conversation many times. Eadie was as rare as you'll find in college basketball for a guy that is that physically imposed, and yet he didn't need to come out of the game and get a lot of rest. I mean, he had good stamina, he was pretty strong around the rim obviously, you know you don't want to get him out and guarding perimeter players. But like the dudes for Purdue that have been able to put up some pretty good numbers, Foster loyal Or and then what's the other guy's name, Braden Smith? Is that his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You got them guards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like those guys are good players, but they were able to put up numbers and really shine and even a minor role compared to Edie because of Edie. You know, without somebody that's going to command what Zach Edie commanded in college basketball, you're just I think, you know, they're just going to be. I think at the end of the year, Purdue will be a tournament team. They might even get a decent seed because I don't know how low to the Big Ten is, but like they're nowhere near going to be what they were the last few years. And Alabama is legit. They've had some I guess, some stretches of play where they look vulnerable, but the talent is there. It'll be a big time atmosphere, a big time moment, and I definitely think Bama is the play tonight. What's the spread?
Speaker 2: Let me see what two and a half in favor of Alabama and one one thing that aure hammering it there without Daniel Jacobson. That's the guy I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, who is the seven foot four guy who is kind of the pseudo replacement for Zach Ed's not you know, he wasn't, of course expected to be somebody to be nearly as good, but he's out for the rest of the season. I believe for the boiler Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they've got another giant that they put in. But I think it's like the young kid who like is probably not even going to get it. I mean, he's going to play, but he's playing time is going to because of the guy you mentioned has been hurt. So, you know, I don't want to dance on the grave of Purdue because I don't think that that. You know, I don't think that they're going to fall off completely, but they're not going to be nearly what they were in recent years.
Speaker 2: And Alabama, maybe they come out upset Alabama tonight.
Speaker 1: No, not happening. We're taking it hammer Bama minus two and a half. Bama football is taking some steps back this year. Bama is a basketball school now, at least tonight they are, let's hope that happens, like is a football school. They they've right, Hell yeah, hell yeah. I appreciate you stop and by again. Congrats on the big news, and we'll certainly certainly get you back in here next week.
Speaker 2: Look forward to it.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother. All right, we'll take a quick break here, don't go anywhere. Keep it locked on a Friday afternoon here Coffee and Company. Philbouth Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. So we just wrapped up a conversation with the company man in regards to all the college football games this weekend given picks, and obviously discussing the college basketball games tonight as well. And I'm a little overwhelmed. And it's a reminder to me that, you know, I don't know if you'd call college basketball and niche thing, because it's popular enough to where like it. You know, it's not like nobody cares about it, but it's just a distant, a long distance away, I should say, from the sports that really generate a lot of money that has led to conference I mean, like put it this way, the NFL's king and college football is far behind the NFL, but college basketball is far behind college football when it comes to viewership. So you know, when I see all these games tonight in college basketball, I'm like, oh my goodness, Like this is overwhelming, Like how am I supposed to watch all these great games at once? And you also look over at college football, which is not typically a Friday night thing. I mean, college football rarely do you have many games, certainly good games on Fridays, But tonight, I mean you've got two let's see two Big ten one Big ten game, so two Power four games, one Big ten matchup UCLA and Washington, Houston and Arizona, which aren't great games, but small spreads there, which usually leads to a lot of people wanting to wager on it. So here I am thinking like, Wow, this is a this is an unusual Friday night with some really good college football college hoops. But yet I would imagine the vast majority of people tonight are gonna not even be aware of the games in college football, in college basketball. They're gonna be wanting to get into this Mike Tyson and Jake Paul fight, and with it being on Netflix, like Netflix can give us numbers as far as the viewership, but like they could make it up, couldn't they. I mean, I wouldn't assume that they would do that, especially whenever they've got advertisers paying an insane amount of money to be affiliated and have their brand embedded within this humongous event. So I'm sure they're you know, there's probably some leality the word you can't you can't fib but it's also not like you know, it's not we don't get viewership from from this the same way we're gonna get viewership numbers from And I don't mean the amount, I just mean how we get the numbers. It's different than how you get on you know, a live televised thing. This is just strictly going to be on Netflix. So do you think this? You know, Netflix has done some live events before. The one that stands out to me, and they haven't done many of them, but the one that stands out to me is the roast of Tom Brady. Oh yeah, I kind of forgot about that, so I watched it after the fact, but it was live and it was really really good by the way, but I don't know like how well it did as far as what they were expecting when when you know, when they were putting it out there.
Speaker 3: So I'm actually surprised that I could see something like that, like a roast being like a part of it. But when we want to talk about like this fight tonight is free with your Netflix subscription or I guess if you don't have it, you're gonna have to pay for the subscription. But it seems like this would be the fight where Netflix wants to try out like you have to pay like an extra add on and if they kind of wanted to test to drive that well.
Speaker 1: And I'm just I'm trying to find the list of the live events that Netflix has had, because they haven't had many of them. And the reason I'm bring the whole thing up is because I feel like they've got a pretty good chance. In fact, they're probably expecting to break whatever their record was for most watched event that was live, right, I mean maybe I'm because there's no way that the roast of Tom Brady would have done more live numbers than what this is going to do. Now, what I don't know is are they leaving this up for people to watch after the fact, because that would take a lot away, wouldn't it, to.
Speaker 3: Like go back and actually stream again. Yeah, it's a good question. I don't Can you still do? You could still do that with the Tom Brady want right?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's one of those things to where it's like it's you know, that's not a sporting event, to where you're not really going to be spoiled by the outcome, you know what I mean. You can hear that somebody said this, or maybe there's a little clip of it that somebody has shared on social media. But like, if you're not watching this live, good luck on not being able to figure out who won. And at that point you may still tune in, but it's not the same, Like the incentive is really gone to watch the event if you know what happens, well, you know before you end up watching. So you know, every time I pop open Twitter, Facebook, whatever it is, Instagram, like all I'm seeing is and I'm sure it's the algorithm and and you know a lot of targeting everybody on the planet to let them know that this event is happening so they should watch it. But also just people that I know are posting things like where's everybody watching? And you know, it's been a long time, it's been a boxing match like that the last time. Again, I could be way off here. This is not really my lane. So if I'm way off and I'm an idiot, you know, it's just another day here. But I feel like, for me, the last time I felt this type of anticipate and you know, interest in an event like this was when whenever we got Connor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. Like that was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was huge because they did like a they did a whole tour where they were going through like stadiums and stuff and doing like the press conferences, and they got really personal too.
Speaker 1: And they did a great job of marketing that to where there. I mean, they were really doing the same kind of things that you see for all these events. Now, maybe they went a little bit more international as far as where they went to promote it and have those you know, press conferences that kind of stuff to promote. But you know, I thought initially when I heard that this was going to happen, that I would have no interest in it. But you know, hearing both of them, especially hearing Connor McGregor, I mean, he's pretty good when it comes to, you know, talking, Oh yeah, And I remember thinking like, man, I can't wait for this. I don't have to expect I don't even know who I want to win, but man, I can't wait. And this doesn't really have that same feel for me. But clearly it's a it's a big deal, and I'm sure we'll get some kind of numbers at some point as far as how many people tune into watch live, and I'm sure it will be more than anybody that's gonna be watching these uh, these matchup. You know, I'm I'm really I'm I'm in my own bubble here because I'm like, wow, I mean, will you kidding me? We got Houston and Arizona tonight kicking off at ten o'clock. I'm gonna be up late. I'm gonna be betting on that. Hopefully I'm riding, you know, hopefully that's that's the last leg of a parlay that I need to hit.
Speaker 2: Talking about the real Wildcats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for me, you know that like that, I'm sure I am the only, maybe the only person on planet Earth that's interested in that, unless, of course, you know you're a Houston or an Arizona fan. Both teams, by the way, aren't very good this year in football. Uh. And then the other matchup again Ucla and Washington, another matchup of teams that are kind of mid for you know, for further level. So on the basketball side, you know, we talked a little bit about the the Purdue in the Alabama game, which is a huge early season game for college basketball. The lines moved already, it's now Alabama minus three and a half. And I really I really like that one. Uh, even I like it even at three and a half. I would take it. I would take it up to five and a half, just because I think Alabama uh is is clearly a better team with more talent, and as i'm I don't think the Purdue is going to be able to I mean, look there, their entire run there for the last few years was relying on a giant and really playing through him, and it worked. I don't fault them for that, but now, you know, you need other guys to kind of step up and kind of carry the load, and I think collectively they just don't have enough to where they can they can expect to beat a team as good as Alemama. Certainly they could win, and they are at home. But it looked and Matt Painter had success, He had wins before he had you know, he had the giant zach Edy to to to rely on. And maybe some of these guys on this roster emerge as you know, the guys that were really good for him prior to the zach Edy era. But I know what Bama has, and I just I'm surprised it's not a bigger number. And again it already is moving a little bit now. Another game that probably doesn't have much much interest from you guys, is is there's some some local connection here. So Chris macis team's off to a good start at Charleston. They are two and zero, and you know, the wins that they do have are, you know, nothing crazy. But they beat Southern Illinois by ten. They beat South Florida by fifteen, which that was a pretty pretty charged up atmosphere and game because South Florida had just lost their coach. Now maybe you could say, well, maybe they weren't playing well because of losing their coach who passed away, and that's a tragic thing. And look, I'm surprised they even played the game, to be honest with you. But South Florida's a decent team. That's a pretty good win for them to beat him by fifteen. Well, now they've got Fau, of course they're the FAU. No longer has Dusty May, they have now John Jackus, who I don't know who that is. But Florida Atlantic's coming off a loss to Central Florida and right now it is Charleston minus one, and I just happen to think that Charleston will will win this thing. Maybe not ugly, but you know, Charleston's got a big that I'll just say it like, I don't know how it played out, And yes, we talked about it earlier in the week. It's not like I'm not changing my tune. But there's a big guy for Charleston who was I think the player of the year in that league, the CAAA last year. And again, just for my curiosity, I would love to know did he want to stay at Charleston, Did Pat Kelsey not want him to come with him to Louisville? What led to him just staying there and not coming to Louisville. Because this is a six ' ten, two hundred and twenty five pound big who on the season and the numbers are a little bit skewed because they've only played two games, but my man is averaging thirty points, nine rebounds, and four assists in shooting sixty four percent from the floor. I mean, he's exactly the kind of big that Louisville does not have. And I just, you know, i'd love to know if he didn't want to come. Pat tried to get him to come, and he said no, maybe he was going to come, And then Mac got the job and Mack was able to convince him to stay I'm not quite sure, but he's killing it. I mean, he was already the player of the league in their year in the player of the year in their league last year, and obviously off to a great start to repeat as that now now Florida Atlantic. The local connection. I wasn't just saying that because of Chris Mack now coaching at Charleston, but fau's leading scorer is Caleb Glenn, who's averaging fourteen points and shooting sixty percent from the floor. Caleb's also a guy that I think could have potentially helped this team, but you know, understandably so guys want a fresh start. And then another name that heck, I feel like this is a name that a lot of people would remember, but I could be way off because one, you know, it's been a long time and I can't believe this guy's still playing college basketball. But also, you know, maybe you wouldn't understand the local connection. But Key Key Tandy is a former I mean he played here in the state of Kentucky. I believe it's from Hopkinsville, and I think, let's see here, I'm pretty sure he started his career at Xavier with Macroup. Might have been let's see. Gosh, it's been so long. Where the hell is time going? Yeah, so he played his first season at Xavier was when Mac was already Mack was already at Louisville. But I know Mack recruited him clearly some familiarity there. But he ended up at Xavier for a while, and then last year he played at Jacksonville State, and then now he's at FAU. So every time I go to look at teams that I'm gonna bet on or bet against, you know, teams involved in me that I'm gonna wager on, I go to look at rosters and there are so many names that I one forgot about and didn't realize that they've transferred, or I'm thinking, how the hell's that guy still in school? But you know, these guys are able to take advantage of that COVID year, And you know this will be the last year where you get just an extra year because your college experience was impacted by the global pandemic. So the next time you'll see guys utilizing extra years, it'll be because of red shirts. And they can't do it as easily in basketball as you can in football. It's pretty easy to do in football, you can play four games not like your role, or play four games have a big role on a team that you can tell stinks, and just decid, Yeah, I'm out of here. I'm gonna move on and not sacrifice this entire year. I'm quitting. I mean, louisll saw it with Colin Lacy. So yeah, some good basketball tonight, some good football as well, and also a big boxing match. We've got to get to a break. I want to come back on the other side, wrap up the four o'clock hour, and then we'll hit the home stretch five o'clock on a Friday. That's just about roughly fifteen minutes away. So stick around. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. So apparently Kentucky is one of just six states where you cannot bet on this this fight tonight between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson. I don't know how I'm trying to figure out, like how there was some because again, there are sports books in a handful of states, and certain states you can in certain states you can. I don't really know what that comes down to. I wouldn't bet on it.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: But I know a lot of people would, and I feel like, I don't know the majority of the people I'm seeing complaining about not being able to bet, or the people that I'm seeing that are betting. I mean, it's all on Jake Paul or people wanting to bet on Jake Paul, either because they just think Mike Tyson is too old or because they you know, because they think it's it's all set up for him to basically pay Mike Tyson twenty million dollars so he can beat him. Now, I'll be clear, I don't know that that. It's not that I'm telling you that anybody that thinks this is real is wrong. I don't know. It's just, you know, if we ever later found out that it was a little bit of a setup here and it was kind of stage, I don't think anybody would be that shocked. Now I'm looking at a slow motion video here from the slap because Mike Tyson in very small, small underwear at the way, and I mean very small underwear. Yeah, Like I mean, I know, like that's you know, but like they were like you could wear the style of underwear that he was wearing that wouldn't have been that small, you know what I'm saying, Like it was just, you know, maybe be a little uncomfortable briefs.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah. So uh.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the slap, I mean, I'll be honest, that kind of seemed a little stage. However, somebody slowed it down and showed it from the rear view, like from behind Paul, and he played it off really well, like it didn't look as if Mike put a whole lot into it, but he got rocked. Yeah, I'm gonna see if I can find this video. I'll send it to you because it, I mean, it kind of makes me think that, you know, it gets me a little more excited because if in fact it is, like I'll be honest with you, I would love more than anything to see Mike Tye kill him. Of course, now not because like I hate the guy. I mean, it's not like, man, I want to tune in to see this, but like, this guy has really never been humbled. Although Austin did alert me that he has lost a boxing match before, and I got don't know, I don't have any recollection of that. Like, I feel like it would have been a huge deal where he finally got taken down by somebody. Yeah, and I feel like it would have it would have led to people no longer really being interested in this whole thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was a decision and it was like sometime last year. Yeah, they didn't really build that hype up all too much, but I know that him and Tommy Fury really kind of hated each other and there was there was a lot of back and forth, at least internet wise. I don't think that made the mainstream just because I mean, he was actually fighting a kind of like legit training boxer and it's not it's not getting the Anderson Silva, Mike Tyson, for whatever it's worth, Nate Robinson love.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it seem like they respect each other, like both sides.
Speaker 3: Tyson and Paul Yeah. Yeah, so, I mean, like I said, they've gone on each other's podcast, and I'm pretty sure that Tyson has came out and not like in door, but like he said, he respects what he's doing and the stuff in the boxing industry. And that's why I think I was kind of shocked when I heard that they were gonna fight, And I think that's where a lot of people came up, like all right, guys, this might be a little bit staged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Mike Tyson had a and if even look again, if this is some setup, Tyson has done some things that I think have actually made me at times question if it really is. So maybe it is all legit, or maybe he's just really good and knows how to promote it. But there's a clip that I'll send to you to play in the five o'clock hour of him talking about being a natural born killer. And like I didn't just believe him that he might kill Jake Paul. I believed him that. Like, no, he lives his life thinking that he was naturally born to kill people. Yeah, I mean, Mike Tyson is a scary dude. He's a dangerous man. Oh, it's it's crazy. You're crazy, fellas if you don't give blue Choo a try because it can enhance the experience in the bedroom. It's not just to help those that might need a little bit of a boost, because you know it could happen. Right, You wouldn't believe this, but it's true. There are are way more people than you probably realize that do struggle with the rectilis function. After the age of fifty and it's not because they're all flawed human beings. It's just part of life for some people. But it's not just for people that might struggle with D. It can enhance the experience, make it even better. Sex is already great, right, it's pretty pretty popular, pretty unanimously approved. People love the sex. What if I told you it could be even better. That's where Bluetoo comes in. It's an all It's an online prescription prescription service that gives you the same active ingredients that you get in viagracialis, but in a fraction of the cost, made in just a small little blue tablet that's chewable, and you don't have to go to the doctor have those awkward conversations. It ships directly to your door. It's made right here in the USA, and they believe in their products so much that they're gonna let you try for free. All you have to do is pay to get it there five bucks shipping, and you get blue Choo for free for an entire month. Think about that. All you get to do is pay a five bucks shipping, you get a month to try it out. That's because they believe in the products. So what you have to do is go to bluetoo dot com and use my promo code Nick seven ninety blueto dot com mom code nix seven ninety, and you pay the five bucks shipping and boom, you get to try it for a month for free. And I think you'll be a repeat customer because that's how good it is. It works, it's awesome not just for you but also for your partner. So again, bluecher dot com promo code nix seven ninety. All right, we got to five o'clock hour coming your way on the other side, so stick around. We'll finish strong here five o'clock on a Friday, just minutes away. Let's get the weekend started, folks,