Speaker 1: It's Mixed ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: Priscilla here, and I read this story about this boy here in Phoenix and it made my heart so warm. So this North Phoenix boy, Forrest Gomez, he's nine years old. He started a lemonade stand to help his dad raise money for his kidney transplant. So for the past three months, the family's kind of been selling lemonade in or chat down on the weekends to collect donations. And he's trying to get his dad a kidney. Because of his immigration status, he has to have a live kidney donor, and so it's just been a journey to try to find someone. And he's doing such a great job helping his dad, and I just hits me in the field. So if you want to help this young boy forst Gomez, We're gonna put his information on our Instagram stories right now. Check it out at Mix ninety six nine FM. Good morning, It's Mixed ninety six to nine. Priscilla here with you, and producer said, they just came out with a list of the top TikTok food trends of the year so far.
Speaker 3: You know, I love to food.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say yesterday you mentioned that that was your favorite figure. That's what you're most grateful for is just food? Yes, literally food? Okay, so tell me if you would try any of these tomato ic toast. I guess they are freezing tomatoes and shaving them onto a slice of toast.
Speaker 3: Oh it sounds delicious. Really, I think this would fulfill like all my cravings.
Speaker 1: What I mean, you think just because you're pregnant or in general.
Speaker 3: I love tomatoes, like I'll eat raw tomato like an apple with salt.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think that this is right at my alley and it's frozen like slushy material o carreo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: What about a chimoy pickle, which is a dill pickle soaked in chumoi, which is a Mexican kind of candy. It's that sweet and sour powder with the heen, wrapped in a fruit roll up and stuffed with takis and like just basically all that.
Speaker 3: I would try it, but I don't like a sweet pickle. I like my pickle. It tastes like a pickle.
Speaker 2: Do you like kosher Yeah, okay, I don't like the tangy pickles either.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so I don't like the bread and butter chips, No, I want the In and Out has great pickles.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: What about the Sleepy Girl mocktail, which is a concoction of tart, cherry juice, seltzer and a spoonful of magnesium so you can knock you out.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's cute and all, but I'm not doing all that.
Speaker 1: Sounds it sounds dangerous if you ask.
Speaker 3: Me, just a magnesium like you iron something.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about scrambled pancakes?
Speaker 2: And basically it's a classic pancake, scrambled like eggs.
Speaker 1: And some people hate it or some people are calling it genius.
Speaker 3: I saw this. I haven't tried it yet, but how easy for babies. You can just scramble up the pancake and then they can grab it themselves.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a good look.
Speaker 3: It's almost like a funnel cake.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what? And that sounds delicious, I know. Okay.
Speaker 2: Finally, a cereal milk latte, which people are with their coffee.
Speaker 1: Instead of using creamer, they're using them from the cereal.
Speaker 3: I could get in on that.
Speaker 2: It depends on the cereal though, right. Lucky Charms would be good see, I think that's fruity. You can't do fruity lattes. I'm thinking like cocoa puffs, or maybe like a s'mores kind of like Golden Gram's cereal.
Speaker 3: Yeah sweet. If you like sweet, you're gonna like a cereal milk latte.
Speaker 1: Both sol Toaster.
Speaker 2: Producer said, this woman is going viral because of something she doesn't want to do for her guests at her wedding.
Speaker 1: She opens up and says she's a sober woman.
Speaker 2: She hasn't been drinking for about five years now, and so is her husband, and she's annoyed that she's expected to provide an open bar at her wedding. And now you're sober, yes, and not just because you're pregnant, but you just don't drink in general, and you just recently got married.
Speaker 1: So what's kind of your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: I think you have to have an open bar. I think it's just common courtesy. That's like saying if you're vegan or gluten free and then you make everyone eat salad at your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to kind of accommodate the map. And I know people like to say, well, it's my wedding and I do what I want. But it's like it's one of those toxic like self things. It's like, you know when people are like, I'm protecting my peace, but in reality they're avoiding having a hard conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even if like I don't drink, but I want if people come over to have a cocktailer. It's like hosting, right, Yeah, your wedding. You're hosting your guests and you want it to be a fun experience. And that included a lot of tequila for our wedding.
Speaker 2: As you know, I was gonna say, uh, as someone that didn't drink you and someone that did drink me. I feel like the night flew by, I had the best time.
Speaker 3: You have a couple of those brown daddies I know.
Speaker 2: And I ended up somehow on the floor, So I say yes, but I had a great time, the best time.
Speaker 1: It's six ninety six to nine, Priscilla here with you.
Speaker 2: Before we get started, I wanted to give a shout out to Crystal and her kiddos, Leo, Nathan and Juliana. They are hanging out in the car on the way to school. Hey guys, thanks so much for listening to us every single morning. Okay, sid did you hear about Mark Zuckerberg and what he did for his wife Priscilla.
Speaker 3: Going above and beyond?
Speaker 2: He created a custom seven foot statue and he put it in their backyard. And this thing is an angelic, mythological flowing It is blue silver, she looks.
Speaker 1: Like a superwoman.
Speaker 3: It's gorgeous, fabulous statue of liberty, but with a like winged dress. It's very elaborate.
Speaker 2: And the first thing I did when I saw this as I showed my husband and I'm like, Mark Zuckerberg has a wife named Priscilla.
Speaker 1: You have a wife named Priscilla. Why having you built me a custom seven foot statue?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And put it in our front yard. I don't care if the hoa is gonna have a poem with it, show your undying love. Put it up in Bilburg. Go against the grain and make it happen. Be romantic.
Speaker 3: And Mark Zuckerberg was like bringing back Roman traditions. And then Gail King responded and what she's sayings to it and goes, wow, is there a backstory here or just Tuesday night at your house?
Speaker 1: Ps?
Speaker 3: Do you have an older brother who is black? I could meet? Asking for a friend.
Speaker 1: Ah, you know what a random Tuesday statue. I am here for it.
Speaker 2: It's time for what's trending, and nothing bigger right now than the news of Emily in Paris season four out on Netflix today.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Indy, do you want on my run? Hot men everywhere?
Speaker 3: I guess I've just been so focused on Gabrielle and Alfie that I forgot what it feels like to be single, and now that I'm not with either of them.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It's going to be amazing.
Speaker 2: Also, not amazing or amazing, depending on who you're asking, is a lot of people are wondering why the breakdancing is not coming back for the twenty twenty eight Olympics, and despite the trillion break dancer, it actually has nothing to do with her. Yeah. The reason why is because when LA was doing the picking of the sports and the committee was putting things together back in twenty twenty two, break dancing wasn't even on the agenda, which is surprising because you would think they'd take into consideration the agenda from the previous committee.
Speaker 3: You know, while the Bee Boys in LA, it would have been so amazing to bring bee boying to La but it's okay, It's okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'll come back in another time.
Speaker 2: It ends with us the movie with Blake Lively and Justin Baldini.
Speaker 1: This is getting heavy, well not heavy.
Speaker 2: Probably wrong choice of words, but dramatic, dramatic.
Speaker 3: Keep learning more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what we find out is Justin has actually hired a crisis team and the reason why is there's rumors out now saying that he weight shamed her and basically.
Speaker 1: The reason here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a stretch because the story goes that he has really bad back problems and has had surgery, and there was a scene where he needed to lift Blake, and so he asked his trainer like, Hey, how do we figure out what Blake's wait is so I can protect my back or I can train for it at least. Yeah, And I guess you took that personal, Like how dare you? I don't know that I personally would be offended by that.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't. I think it's a little bit of a stretch, especially especially because he didn't out her in front of everyone. He kind of yeahchalantly. It seems like we don't know the true story from what we're told he said it in private to his trainer, like how do I dress this?
Speaker 2: And then but there is another part of the story. This one's kind of sus and if this is true, it is weird. Yeah, she is rumored to say that he lingered a little too long during a kissing scene. But I just based on what I know about him, it's so hard to believe it or buy it. Not sure, So we'll see. We're going to keep up with it because everyone is invested. I went to dinner with my girlfriends last night and all of us at the table were talking about it for a good thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: So we'll keep you posted.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's mixed ninety six y nine, Priscilla here and we are ready to play Priscilla's Lego Land Pyramid and we have miss Yarian on the phone, ready to play with her fifth grade class.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning. Here's how it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put up flash cards for a producer SID that has a word on it.
Speaker 1: She's gonna give you clues and you're gonna try to guess what the word is.
Speaker 2: All right, The theme is noises your body makes? Oh boy, but you're not allowed to make the noise. You have to describe it. Okay, are you ready to help your teacher?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's do this. Here is word number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this happens when you're sleeping. You're in a deep sleep, and it sounds like a little piggy yes, nor next word, Okay, this is when you drink your soda too fast and you open up your mouth and you make a loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got some good sir. All right.
Speaker 3: Finally, okay, this one you can only get rid of if someone scares you.
Speaker 4: Yes, kids, you just got your teacher tickets to Legoland in San Diego.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you have a very excited class.
Speaker 5: They are very excited, and.
Speaker 1: I love that you didn't even have to play. They played for you.
Speaker 3: I know they were ready to go.
Speaker 2: Congratulations again, and I just wanted to remind everyone that you were this month's one in a million teacher selection with a million dollar teacher project because of.
Speaker 1: How great of a teacher you are.
Speaker 2: And it clearly shows because your kiddos were super excited to play with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much, of course. Congratulations, have a great day. Thank you too. It's excited.
Speaker 2: Six nine in the Valley's Best mixed Priscilla Here, don't forget your chance to go to twenty one Pilots is coming up just around ten o'clock this morning. When you hear those two songs back to back. But Sid, I just read, according to this new report, how much money Americans should have in their savings account for an emergency fund.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: How much do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: I want to say like one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It says thirty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no no no no no, no, no, no nose.
Speaker 2: So I guess every American is probably on the brink of extinction at this point because who has that kind of cash in there?
Speaker 3: Play like an awe shucks moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the carpar breaks out if you have an ac issue anytime, it says at least thirty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But also, what do you like count as an emergency?
Speaker 2: Like for me, it was an emergency to get new like pendant lights in my kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that felt urgent.
Speaker 3: It was an emergency for me yesterday to get glam for my maternity shoe exactly.
Speaker 1: So we're we're doing the thing. It's just a different millennial version that is way too much.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean maybe, I mean I don't have a kid yet, so I guess they're expensive.
Speaker 2: Of I guess maybe. I don't know, but it's time to get into our hot topic. And we had Carrie send us a DM on Instagram and she writes, I'm having a party Labor Day weekend and I want to invite all my friends and family except for my brother. He is kind of a negative person. Everything is a pessimistic situation. He's just kind of a wet blanket anytime he's around and not fun and kind of dampens the mood. So I don't want to invite him, but I know that my mom will be mad if I don't include him, because my mom is always kind of said this message that your siblings, you stick together, your family figure it out. But at what point do you kind of just like make them figure it out on their own and stop letting it affect your energy.
Speaker 1: So she's like, what do I do?
Speaker 3: This is a tough one.
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 2: Because you have a lot of sisters and you guys are really close, what would you do in this situation if one of your sisters just wouldn't get it together.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can leave one of them out. I don't think I can. I would invite them and then complain about it. I love it, So what would you do? I wouldn't invite either of them. Yeah, I'm like, I'm not even invite my mom or my brother. They won't know about it. It'll be fine, honestly. Yeah, I'll make it just a friend's thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I would feel guilty and the people pleasing in me would like seep out of my bones.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is a hard one for me because I love my family so much, But I also understand having negative energy around and not wanting it in your space.
Speaker 3: So absolutely, And I think it depends what's going on. Is he just one of those persons that like complains about everything, or is he having a tough time.
Speaker 2: That's also a difference, because if he's going through it, then you got to be there for your family. But if he's just like that's his personality, then that's different.
Speaker 1: So give us a call.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking if you have a family member, specifically a sibling that is not really the most positive kind of a black cloud? Are you obligated to invite them to family functions? And we have Nicki on the phone. Nicki and Glendelle, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 6: I'm saying most definitely family first over everyone else. So if people know you and they're friends with you, they already know that your brother is annoying and people could just deal with it, or maybe ask your brother to take a chill for the day, you know, like not make things major, but family first always.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that, Thanks Nikki, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: No problem.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: We have Samantha and Goodyear on the phone. What's your opinion on this hot topic.
Speaker 8: Samantha, Well, I would say approach him in a positive.
Speaker 1: Manner and maybe give him an invite and.
Speaker 8: You know, hopefully he's have him a good day that day. But that would be my advice for sure.
Speaker 2: So basically have a conversation like, hey, I noticed you're not always in the best mood and I don't really want that energy around, so can you pull it together?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 8: Exactly, Like, Hey, if you want to have a good time, you're more than welcome to come.
Speaker 2: But that's fair yeah, absolutely, all right, thank you for that. All right, let's move on to Megan and Marakopa. What do you think about this hot topic?
Speaker 10: As long as the brother hasn't done anything like super serious, hasn't you know? If it's if he's just a party pooper, probably I would invite him, and then before he's done and he's gone, I would definitely complain to my husband about what a party pooper he is and how I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: I love that. Listen, that is my cup of tea. Like be nice to.
Speaker 2: Everyone in front of their face and just talk about them behind their back like a normal person. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Just I don't know. It's hard to try and keep the peace.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm here for it. Thanks Megan.
Speaker 2: All Right, if you've had a situation where this has affected you, or maybe you have a family member that you love but you just know they're kind of a drag when they're around big parties or other people, let us know what your solution is. Six two two six h nine six ' nine. It's excitety six nine. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking people what do you do if you have a sibling that is kind of just never in a happy mood, kind of has a pessimistic view on life.
Speaker 1: And you love them, but you're kind of.
Speaker 2: Tired of bringing them around family functions or parties that you're having because it kind of dampers the mood for everyone.
Speaker 1: So we're taking your calls and we have Kim on the phone. Kim, what do you think.
Speaker 8: I just kind of think it's family. You got to invite the family, and then you can just ignore him and have fun with everybody. But I just wouldn't exclude him and cause all that drama.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair, because then at the end of the day, like dealing with it for a few hours is better than dealing it with it for like months because of an argument.
Speaker 8: Right then everybody in the family is gonna Yeah, it just causes drama. Let him sit in his corner and tout.
Speaker 1: I love it. That's such a good perspective. Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on to Ashley. Ashley, what's your opinion on this hot topic.
Speaker 6: I just feel like she's an adult. It's her party, it's her house. If she doesn't want to invite her brother for some reason, then.
Speaker 8: Her mom needs to just respect that.
Speaker 5: Because if she wants to have a party at her own house and invite her son, that's her decision, but she can't make other people do it.
Speaker 2: You know what, That's a good point because at the end of the day, I get it, family is family. Like I personally would probably invite my brother just because I'm a people pleaser, but I also respect the idea of like, this is someone's own personal space that they they pay the bills at, So who are we to tell them who they can and can't invite?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Thanks for that, Ashley.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you've been in this exact situation though, and you've dealt with like sibling drama, I guess you want to call it, or not even drama, but just a sibling that is hard to get along with but you love them.
Speaker 1: How have you navigated that? Give us a call. Six h two two six zho nine six ' nine.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of our hot topic and Carrie wrote into our show and she's like, listen, I have a sibling that is kind of a wet blanket. Anytime he's around. He's very pessimistic. And I'm having a party for Labor Day and I don't really want to invite him because I know he's going to bring down the energy. But I know my mom's gonna give me a hard time about it. So we have Chris on the phone. Chris, I'm sure you got an opinion.
Speaker 9: Of course, I do.
Speaker 1: All right, give it to us. What is it?
Speaker 9: There's an old saying that says, what you permit, you promote. So I think she has the responsibility to let her brother know in advance what her fears are and why she would not want him there, and make it clear that you know, when you have this negative energy, you bring the entire gathering down. So I'm afraid to invite you because of it. So if you can promise that you'll work on it and not bring a negative energy, we'll do it. But then if you do come and you bring a good energy, this might be the last time I invite you.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chris, did you just give us all a therapy session? What you permit you promote? I love that what you permit you promote, I'm gonna use that. Thank you for that, Chris. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Sarah from Buck Guy, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 5: My opinion as somebody who used to be like a super negative person. You can change, and family is not everything. Family you know, they can change. Your family can change. And if there maying it miserable, just because you're related to them doesn't mean you have to invite them to your I don't even speak to my own sister.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you this, what did did someone say something to you to make you like a positive person?
Speaker 1: You said used to be negative? How did you flip?
Speaker 5: It's losing people in my life, people not wanting me around, people not inviting me to things that it made me realize I don't like being around that kind of person. Why would people want to be around me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's such a good point.
Speaker 2: And then I think when you start to realize that, that's what makes you change and flip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like everyone can change. Just I don't like the where people are like, oh, it's your family, family's everything. You have to stick with them because of who they are. No, everyone can change, even your family.
Speaker 1: So true. All right, we got Aj on the phone. AJ. How old are you?
Speaker 7: I am eleven?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Aj is eleven, and he has advice on what to do with inviting your siblings to a party.
Speaker 7: What is it inviting your siblings to sit down like that to say tay like, you know, if you don't want them to athlete that part, you can just say, hey, for this party, you can just ask them nicely not to do that. But if they still just say and if they don't listen, it's not in fite of us. They don't listen.
Speaker 2: Sounds simple and easy to me, AJ like, I you're right, just be like, hey, knock it off.
Speaker 1: If you can't, you can't come.
Speaker 3: Please be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thanks, AJ, have a wonderful day. I love it when kids call and give us advice. I mean, they know better than anyone.
Speaker 1: It's Excity six y nine, the Valley's best mix. We're kicking off commercial free music.
Speaker 2: But we got to stop down and play for Phoenix Suns tickets. They're releasing their schedule today at noon, so to celebrate, we have a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: We got Oscar on the phone in surprise.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, Okay, So, producer Sid, you have a game called Song or Suns.
Speaker 3: Song or Suns.
Speaker 2: So here's how it's gonna work. Is I'm going to be on your team, Oscar. I'm going to answer for you if I get these, right, you win? So Sid explain the game.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So basically, all the Suns have these interests nicknames and we got to know them during the Olympics.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 3: But Priscilla, you know, you might not know some of the basketball knowledge, but you do know Billy Eilish. I do know Billie Eilish, and so I figured we do Billie Eilish song or a son's nickname?
Speaker 1: Okay, So song or sons let's go, and I gotta get how many right?
Speaker 3: Three out of five? All right, let's do this, okay, ready, h huh Slim Reaper okay, sons or song?
Speaker 1: Oh uh? A song wrong?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, the greatest song or sons song?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, what big Panda song or sons sons?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, okay too.
Speaker 3: I gotta get one more right, okay, copycat song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I was better at this than I thought.
Speaker 1: Oscar, you're going to the Phoenix Suns game.
Speaker 2: Congratulations of course, Hank tight and don't forget the Phoenix Suns home opener and schedule is being released today at noon, so you can check that out.