Speaker 1: Text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred. Hit us up on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat acerbic wife.
Speaker 2: Her name's Tricia.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody celebrated a birthday today. How do you think Nicole Kidman? Is Nicole Kidman fifty two? She's fifty eight? Oh god, really, it looks amazing.
Speaker 1: She's fifty eight years old today. Michael Anthony from the Basis from Van Halen is seventy one.
Speaker 4: And Lionel Ritchie I know, seventy six. Yeah, I actually really kind of maybe thought he was a little older. He's still amazing, though, yes he is.
Speaker 2: He is amazing. I agree.
Speaker 1: Friday, the weekend is upon us. I'm ready for it. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for it. I'm real sad that Stanley Cup playoffs are over?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna watch now? A College World series? Oh? Where are we in the series right now?
Speaker 1: I know I need to check in. I know some teams have been eliminated, but it's not over yet. Probably midway through it, I guess. But mine Trey is there.
Speaker 2: He's A. I don't know if LSU's uns. She was playing, at least they were last weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if they've won an advanced or what. But my buddy's a big time LSU guy, and he is whenever they're in Omaha. He always goes and he knows every cop in town. Really he does. He takes some fishing once a year. He has ops. Yeah, the Omaha cops he has come down. They take good care of him with his big motor home and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: So he has him down to his fishing camp and Port Fouchan, Louisiana.
Speaker 2: We've been there. It was fun. That was a fun fishing trip. That trip.
Speaker 1: I mean, you go down there to it's not fishing, it's catching. Yeah, you catch a lot of fish. It's a good time. What's first thing that made you laugh today, Tea.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's fair when other people have banana bread and I do not have banana bread.
Speaker 2: Not a place, just so many foods for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can substitute sugar cookie, Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 2: Your mom makes good banana bread. I know she had one just the other day.
Speaker 1: I think it is fair, right, so, and you will stay at the injustice of.
Speaker 2: It all right, Yeah, I'll let you know too. I even know how to make Do you know how to make banana? Ba?
Speaker 4: Let me just smash up some bananas and mix some stuff, some flowers and nuts and stuff.
Speaker 2: I know I wouldn't do I couldn't do it. Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, we got coming up today. We haven't played in a few weeks. Trishaw gave it a little bit of a break, but song Quiz returns today. Oh Sandy game that we play with our smart device.
Speaker 4: Tricia's not real good at it. I'm terrible at it, but I'm real good. I recognize everything.
Speaker 2: You just need a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I need a little bit more time to continue to sing the line until I can get to the chorus to then think of the title.
Speaker 2: Right. They just don't give us quite enough time. Well here, it's all you.
Speaker 1: We've got that coming up, and the story we love stay with us more than Sandy show coming up. Charlie Sheen's got something in the works. Tricia says she's not a big fan, but she will participate. We'll tell you what that is in just a moment. You know, tomorrow is the longest day.
Speaker 2: Of the year. Uh huh, the summer solstice.
Speaker 1: Yep, the longest day of light right in the short shortest night really is what it is. I'm always ready for it to swing back the other way.
Speaker 4: Right, Like you're ready for it to get long, and then after a while you're like, yeah, I'm ready for it to get dark over again.
Speaker 2: I had one of those moments.
Speaker 1: Our mailbox is kind of about a half a block down the street, got one of those community mailboxes, and I went out to get the mail. It was just kind of getting dark the other night, and it was warm, and I had that total flashback to my teenage years, like when it was that warm nighttime feeling in the summer and you're going out to the lake to meet your friends and drink beer and hang out and meet girls. Yeah, that's what it felt like. All of a sudden, I was sixteen years old again. Yeah, and it was great.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 5: The stories we love Good morning everyone, and now from the Lectra Old Studios it is for let's.
Speaker 2: Up all right. Do you remember this spray praise Sandy Winning? Oh yeah, Charlie She and Tiger Buds.
Speaker 4: Tiger Blood Charlie Sheen is telling it all in a new book. He's writing his memoirs. He's fifty nine. He said, a lot of people have been telling his stories through their own versions, writing their own versions about his life, and so he said, it's about time to hear it from the.
Speaker 2: Guy who actually lived it. Oh boy, it's Oh.
Speaker 4: I know. It's called the Book of Sheen, a memoir, And I am not a huge Charlie Sheen fan, but this is the kind of book that I'm like, is the book version of a train wreck.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read it because I can't not read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about your wildest friend that you have and the wild stories that he has told you. Oh yeah, child's play compared to Charlie she.
Speaker 4: Charlie Sheen, he is talking about everything from his every detox he went through. I don't know what a retox says, do you know? Drug deals, adventures along his journey, like being on the set as a kid with his dad, being on the popular show, or being in Platoon, which kind of catapulted him into the public eye. He is holding nothing back and talking about all the things and I am appsent going to read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's it cracked me up when I heard it. When he was a cud he was talking about paying sex workers. Yeah, because I didn't pay them for sex. I paid them to.
Speaker 2: Lead to go away. I know, I do. I do remember thinking that was he.
Speaker 1: He was on such a terror back in the day that he was almost looking back on it, it's like it was a tad bit exploitive.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know. And would they still cover it the same way?
Speaker 4: I think they would probably tiger blood, tiger blood and winning. And I mean remember he'd do his live streams just high as a kite, hair just all.
Speaker 2: Over the place, eyes as big as saucers. Yes, and I mean all. It's a book, right, It's a book. It's called The Book of Sheen.
Speaker 4: It's going to be published on September ninth, but is now available for pre order wherever books are sold.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of that, your pre ordered New York Times puzzle book is coming in soon.
Speaker 2: And until November doesn't come until November.
Speaker 1: I pre ordered that, the only thing in my life I've ever pre ordered, but.
Speaker 4: I don't get it till November because they were like, it's a great Christmas present. You know what I would like better than reading the book Charlie. I want to listen to the audio version of as song as Charlie Sheen's The One Right.
Speaker 2: I love that. Listen right tell me again when it comes out September ninth, but it's available for pre order now. The Book of Sheen that.
Speaker 1: Is the story We love More coming up on Austin SADES Station one O three point one.
Speaker 2: The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven. If you missed yesterday's show, here's something you missed.
Speaker 1: A text message that our daughter sent Tricia when she went to the bathroom at the movie could be a glimpse into her future. Right, So first of all, let's talk about the movie. It's a big hit this summer, nothing that I will go see. But Tricia was about coome on glued for How to Train Your Dragon.
Speaker 4: Yes, how I mean having a sixteen year old with her growing up. I've watched all the animated movies How to Train Your Drag and the animated version is by far my most favorite movie. So when I found out they were doing a live action part version of it, Landry and I got very excited. We went to see it on Monday and it does not disappoint.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 4: I was watching it like I didn't know what was going to happen, Like, it's amazing what they can do to make those dragons look real. So please, I know computers are incredibly went to the fancy movie theater with our blankets and we reclined and we got the food service.
Speaker 2: It was the best. But at some point I had to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Now, now, I'm a safety sally, right, and we have a daughter, a teenage daughter, so I'm constantly telling her, you need to make sure you're aware of your surroundings. Don't walk, click and get your phone, know who's around you, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Safety stuff.
Speaker 4: Also lander and I like to watch cop shows, Like at night when we go to sleep, we'll tell each other code for meaning everything's cool, okay, right, So I think maybe I need to cut her off from the police shows. Because I got up to go to the bathroom, I did not take my phone with me, so I didn't see the note until I got back, but she texted some random girls stood up and walked up behind you. Be on the lookout, keep your head on a swivel, white sweatshirt and long dark hair. She's I went to the bathroom inside a booby theater. It was a teenage girl who went to the bathroom too, at the same time, the same time I did. But Landry thought it was weird that she stood up and walked out. But the whole bowlow keep your head on a swivel, describing her clothes.
Speaker 2: Here's the question. Did she do it seriously or for a laugh?
Speaker 4: She did it seriously because Sean was with us at the movie and Sean leaned over and she's like, what are you doing? And she was like, some weird girl just followed my mom out of the movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, she was really suspicious of it. Yes, yes, I like that.
Speaker 4: As her dad, I'm impressed that she was, like, could tell what the chick was wearing, like, gave me a description, right, but all bowlow, keep your head on a swivel. I mean I think it might be too much.
Speaker 1: Little much. And then she got back and Coach she was you were like code four. I was like, I'm everything, Everything's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think didn't we all just watch that scene in nineteen twenty three where they got the woman got followed into the train station in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and lugged and beta in the bathroom. Yeah yeah, I mean, yes, it's good. But again movie, I like that.
Speaker 3: I send my my daughter's twenty three. I send her short videos. Oh, there's a great follow on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Is it the chick with the blonde hair? Yes, yes, Hannah Something, Yes.
Speaker 4: I follow her and I send her videos how to keep yourself safe?
Speaker 3: Women's her, It's all women's safety tips. She's so good, she's a young woman. She's really good. I want to say it's Hannah Something.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Since having a daughter, that is a revelation to me is that women in safety live in a completely different world. Though my and I went through my entire life just oblivious to this, and you know, having a daughter, you really realize it's a different world. Walking through a parking garage for a woman is not the same as walking through a parking garage. I've never been in a parking garage that I was afraid for women.
Speaker 2: It's a different story. The dam situation.
Speaker 3: Dana, that's her name, Dana Underscore Eve d A n n A h Underscore e Ve.
Speaker 2: Dana Underscore Eve. She is awesome.
Speaker 3: She shows like a recent one I sent my daughters is like someone will come distract you while you're pumping gas and they've got a buddy who's either gonna go steal your purse out of your unlocked car because you don't.
Speaker 2: Most people don't lock it while they're pumping gas.
Speaker 1: You know why because your gas cap cover locks with right, do you lock your car?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you have to unlock it, unlocked the cover and then uh, or they'll just you know, the reach and steal your purse, or god forbid, jump in in your backseat and wait for you to leave. Yeah, you know, be better off they just stole your car. But I'm she she has great tips, oh my, how to order food safely, think about that hidden cameras, what to look for when you're in an airbnb or a hotel.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the the handle again?
Speaker 3: Dana Eve d A A N N A H underscore Eve fake delivery, Why you should never answer the door when when you never pull over public restroom mornings, don't call That can save your life.
Speaker 2: She's gosh, she's so good. That's called Dana aid. Dana underscore Eve.
Speaker 4: All right, check out how you say safe, powered, safe, prepared, and empowered.
Speaker 1: That was from yesterday morning The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven this morning, or stream the podcast whenever you want.
Speaker 2: Search JB and Sandy on iHeartRadio app one three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Well it's ju in Central Texas. Time to be outside, and you know it's going to be hot. Those triple digit temperatures they're coming. The kids are out of school, their summer camp, family vacations. You got way too much going on to worry about your roof. That's why I am really thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kingaroof. Kangaroof. They're just great. That's all I can tell you about it. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years. For me, it's just peace of mind knowing that Kangaroof is going to take care of things for you. You know, your roof matters. It's your largest investment in this time of year. A quality roof helps your Central Texas energy bills stay in check.
Speaker 2: No matter what your situation.
Speaker 1: You can trust Scott and Stacy to shoot straight with you and they'll stand behind their work and only recommend what is best for you. Kangaroof does it all repairs new roof, installs, inspections, you name it, they'll do it for you. Give them a call and see why there's only one kangar roof. They really hop to it. Find them online at call Kingaroof dot com.
Speaker 2: Care, don't care?
Speaker 1: Coming up in just a second, we are officially in the dog days of summer in the sporting world. The for all of you college football fans, please know this, not seventy days until college football season kicks off.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Seventy days. Only seventy yeah.
Speaker 1: Only seventy days roughly seventy maybe a few less than seventy until college football is back.
Speaker 2: Hooray, hooray.
Speaker 6: Care car.
Speaker 4: All right, sammy, let's start with Amazon Prime Day. It's not just a day anymore. Actually, Amazon Prime is July eighth or July eleventh this year, coming up, people, Get ready. You actually can go to people dot com and check out a list of Prime Day deals that are live. You care, don't care? To find out some origin facts about Amazon Prime Day.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because last time I brought up Amazon Prime Day, you pushod me, I pishod you, Yes you did? You are shild deal deals are never so good.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it a direct ahad directed at you? It was directed at the Prime Day deals?
Speaker 2: Are these good?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: The points are I don't know what the deals are.
Speaker 4: I do not think that the Prime Day deals are much better than their normal deals. But when it started out in twenty fifteen, it was only one day, That's why it's called Amazon Prime Day. They moved it up to two days in twenty seventeen, and now it's four days Longess, eventually it's going to be Amazon Prime Day that lasts a week.
Speaker 1: Didn't it start out as just free shipping on Prime Day? That's how it all started, right, Yeah, Hey, it works for them. They're some pretty good deals.
Speaker 2: I know. I feel like it's like Black Friday deals.
Speaker 4: Everybody finally realized the Black Friday deals aren't any different than the daily deals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The people that like Black Friday shopping and per start people that just like chaos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like chaos and the potential of getting trampled. Yeah right right, all right, Sandy care or don't care to find out what the biggest food surge order on Instacart is on the July fourth holiday?
Speaker 2: A food surge? What does that mean? Meaning?
Speaker 4: This particular food surges and orders for the July fourth weekend versus how many times it's ordered the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the year. Oh, it's got to be Wianers, not Wieners, hot dog hamburgers. What baked beans?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, man, I love a baked bean.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I never think to eat baked beans. So when I have them, like, it's one of those things that I'm like, stop eating them.
Speaker 2: You've had enough. Hush back. I can't if you guys want to. It sounds a little bit gross, but give it a try. Put some mustard in your baked beans. Yeah, you do that? Delicious? Really, it's not bad. I've actually tried it. Delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number two, hot dog buns, number three, watermelons, number four A surgeon hot dogs.
Speaker 2: A surgeon hot dogs, and watermelons.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You gotta tip a little extra if you're getting a watermelon delivered.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah to thestra car guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Flip, Hey, make sure you got plenty of clean tupperware when you cut up your watermelon.
Speaker 2: I cut one last night. I used all the big temperware and it was.
Speaker 4: Not a gigantic watermelon. I think you should just short in a cooler if you get a normal sized watermelon.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 2: That's why I get the pre cut also so I can see how red it is. I did it for you. Thank you, cause you'd love for me. Mm hm.
Speaker 4: That made my skin crawl a little bit. But I do appreciate it, all right. And finally, do you care? Don't care? To find out? If not the only time, but one of the times that Steven Spielberg actually voted against himself in one of his own projects.
Speaker 2: Yes, I need more information, but I do care.
Speaker 4: It was the year that Jaws and One Flour Over the Cuckoo's Nest were up for winning Beck's Best Picture, and Steven Spielberg said, if I were voting, I too would have voted for One Flour over the Cuckoo's Nest, not Jaws to win.
Speaker 2: It won that year. But even he realized he had both of those out in the same year.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a great He was sad that he wasn't nominated for Best Director for Jaws, but he said, I think it's only because everybody was telling me you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get the best director, You're gonna get it. So he's let down when he didn't.
Speaker 4: But he was like, absolutely Jaws should have lost to win flav the Cuckoos hat and you just you just recently watched that within the last year, right in the last couple of years. I don't know how I went all this time without seeing it.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 4: I also just recently rewatched Jaws because it's the anniversary of Jaws, so it's on every Saturday and Sunday, and I watched it and was just as freaked out.
Speaker 2: Cuckoos. This is great.
Speaker 4: You know the animatronic Jaws, the animatronic shark in the movie, they named him Bruce.
Speaker 2: Really, they called him Bruce while they were filming. That's funny, little extra trivia for you.
Speaker 1: Thanks no charge on that. Friends, that is care. Don't care. Stay with us, We've got more coming up.