Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Insure your most Prized possessionets.
Speaker 2: Hey, good afternoon, everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome to I on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. It would be a good show today. Coming here in studio will be George Motes from Showtime Cards. One of our used to be regular guys. Now he's too busy with us for us. We have one in the room. We have Ray in the room. So what do you think about the last last game? There said your wand.
Speaker 4: Not really surprised about which which part that they won the fact, simple fact that they won, a little bit surprised by the defense. But I think again it's a credit to ASU four.
Speaker 5: Their their team.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say desperate, but they have nothing to lose, so why not chuck up a lot of threes, try to make those tough shots.
Speaker 5: And they're they're a tough shot making team. They've always been.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and they played they played admirably well. Uh or because of their situation with injuries and and and.
Speaker 2: Uh underneath the underneath the table, I think he's coming.
Speaker 3: Out, uh with what they what they had their lesser one of the top miller guy in the first play, YadA YadA. They played, they played hard, they played well. It was just a bizarre game. I fell asleep about halfway. I wanted to take a nap.
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean I feel like those games are always like that, just especially at Arizona. Those games are bizarre between the two teams, but you definitely want to see a better defensive effort from Area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the puzzling part. That was my whole story. Even Tommy joked about the defensive battle right. I don't know if anybody defended.
Speaker 4: Now, not until maybe the last five minutes when they need someone needed to uh. And and I think it was kJ with a couple lockdown sequences and transition plays, so.
Speaker 3: The over under was like one like that. They blew through that with Timinus left yeah, oh yeah, and we all saw it coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah everyone everyone, The way that that first half was no one, no one points and knowing no one.
Speaker 3: Could get a stop yeah or no they did they want to. It was just really bizarre. I don't know if that sounds the alarm uh for this team, because they look great at times. They look average at times, and they just don't look good at times.
Speaker 4: And that's been the whole season where they don't look great to start the season. You start Big twelve, they look great, and you kind of get into these last patch and they look okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and last night was okay, I would say, so okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like yeah, yeah, okay, Yes, you just wanted to get you wanted to get through the game, no injuries, find a story to write about, and you know, be done with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of plays where some guys hit the floor and you wonder, oh, are they going to get back up from that? Did they tweak something right there? They hit an elbow, they hit their head on the floor really hard, But as far as we saw, nothing came from it right.
Speaker 3: Right right, And they and Arizona played well offensively. And whether the issue defended him or not, I'm not too sure. And Caleb had a nice game, every a lot of it. By the time you looked up and they had one hundred points, they had like twenty guys double figures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had uh kJ with twenty one, Caleb Love with twenty one. I think base I had twenty two, and those are probably some of the guys you're going to be looking for offensively come Big Talf Tournament, March Madness. Yeah, and they needed a game like that to maybe get back into a rhythm, especially someone like kJ, where you know he's capable but he hasn't shown it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we talk about this all the time with you guys. I'm glad you didn't use the word momentum.
Speaker 5: Because I try not to front of.
Speaker 3: You, because kJ has not established momentum all year. And why would you and use a word with him? Oh, he might might start I wouldn't bet on it, No, because that's not him. Would you start that with Caleb because there was Oh that'll give us hope for you know, I'm talking with a fan of will give us hope that he'll continue to do this.
Speaker 2: Okay, good luck with that.
Speaker 3: What that doesn't make sense for a momentum because you never see it.
Speaker 5: No, welcome to the Kale love experience.
Speaker 4: You're gonna love him one week, hit him the next week, and then I think he's an NFL prospect the next month.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well he's going to join the NFL.
Speaker 4: Or NBA, I said, NFL didn't. That's visit. I went to sleep at three o'clock last night. I was upriding, So my apologize. I know, I maybe who knows these these athletes like to go both ways. Last night after the game, I was celebrating last time I meet him Michale.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were taking photos all last time.
Speaker 4: The next time I'm in Michale, I'll be in my cap and gown. That makes kind of bittersweet right there. Oh, say you're taking picture what he doing? That's not the big of a deal. And then you say, oh, I get it. Did you kiss the floor?
Speaker 5: No, I should have.
Speaker 4: I was I was too tired to bend down. And if if I go down and kiss the floor, I'm probably not getting back up.
Speaker 5: Last night, that makes total sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what I'm surprised no one tried to do that last night. Uh you know there was last minute subs.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'm sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well you know because uh, Tommy talked about white Man's quote blah blah blah. White Man would have been the perfect guy to you know, he's been here one hundred years, kiss the ground, that kissed the floor, and.
Speaker 4: He's made the plays when he's been in the game at Utah last week or not at Utah against Utah last week. Hits comes and hits. The three saves a lot of people's bets. Even when we when they celebrated him last season. If one of the first places he gets to steal and.
Speaker 3: Right, foul, you gotta start right, you gotta start Yeah, and you're right. He created He created a lot of problems early and then you didn't see him again. Kind of sol flashes of TJ. Yeah, that's true, just small flashes.
Speaker 2: There's God.
Speaker 3: The basketball gods sometimes played for you in your favor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they got the win. Bobby was Bobby, you know, got a tea. But you know, it was kind of a subdued the crowd again, the kids again, the ones right next to us, you know, using the F bomb.
Speaker 4: I just feel I feel like they didn't use it too much. I mean there was one where it was real loud, and that's about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they got the memo something because the other side of the kids, the students started kind of trying to drown them out with Arizona Arizona of a. Yeah, it was like the bad dudes on one side, the good people on the other.
Speaker 4: It felt like they just wanted to get one in one last time and maybe maybe something else. There was a section of students dressed in all black for Bobby going away party, if you want to call it that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would assume, I'm assuming that's possibly gonna happen because he just hasn't done what he needs to do.
Speaker 5: And he's gotten the money.
Speaker 4: It's not a money issue anymore, especially with the player like James Harden.
Speaker 2: Give me they did they say how did he say how much?
Speaker 5: I saw something that said six figures. Okay, that's kind of I never saw an exact amount.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like Tuesday from the pros. Arizona needs that.
Speaker 3: They needs the guys, the guys to come back, and kind of, well, there's not very many left.
Speaker 5: I was gonna, I was gonna say, who would be that?
Speaker 3: TJ? TJ, TJ. But here's the problem. His guy's not there. No, it's not Sean. It's not Sean.
Speaker 2: It's not Sean, and there's nobody.
Speaker 4: I wonder if him and Tommy have some sort of communication or relationship, given that t J such a figure for Arizona basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe not because he is tied to Arizona not and to Sean maybe both ends. You can help both ends. Yeah, and then Coloco probably doesn't make enough. Who else is out there? Old Mathern, he's not and he's not connected really. I you know, when I covered the team for a long time, he got connected with all the guys you know, good or bad and connected and Sewn's guys.
Speaker 2: There's really no connection.
Speaker 4: To Tucson outside of maybe TJ outside of maybe teaching. That's just because he has a love for Aerts on the basketball where he he originates from.
Speaker 3: Right, that's where he has magic started. It's not Ducaine. He was good there too, obviously. Okay, today's show, we're gonna wait for George Modis here from Showtime Cards, talk a lot about his business, and just have him as a guest. You'll be with me on the other Mic Ray's running the show today. Uh, and we're gonna have who we having? No, we're gonna have Blake Eager here at three seventeen calling in, Oh, did you are you going tonight?
Speaker 5: No, I'll be going tomorrow night. That's for college college night. Yeah, yeah, that's what I still got to talk to him, get a media passed I'm sure, sure.
Speaker 3: You better do it now because I'm going tomorrow too, just just to be sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I forgot. They're not playing tonight. They're playing tomorrow six o'clock, seven o'clock, I believe.
Speaker 5: Six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, here he is. Now we'll just sit there.
Speaker 3: You know, he'll get penalized for not so so he'll be here at US three seventeen, and then at four seventeen we're gonna have Michael lev to get his impressions from last night's game. We sat next to each other, talked a little about the game. It was just, uh, I don't want to say nondescript, but it was it was just, you know, let's get this over with, move on.
Speaker 5: I want to use a quote from Tommy.
Speaker 4: He talked about his celebrating his son Liam uh and he kind of hesitated, but he said business as usual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Because that felt like what the game was that observation, because that you're exactly right. And he said that a couple of times. Yeah, and that's what I feel like, that's what all the players wanted it to be. Yeah, maybe on both parties. Do you have I asked you this question when you're in here on Monday. You live little of confidence with this team. I said about seven, Yeah, going going into what's the most season? What's seven gonna get you? Maybe sweet sixteen?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's again going off of seating matchups and so.
Speaker 3: So I know that Ray hasn't really been around for a while. He's been out doing his life work for you as you're You're You're born and raised two songs, so and you're You're You're like a little favorite son. I wish you were you you were a fan obviously coming in you're still a fan deep down, I'm sure has things have things changed for you now that you've had a little, uh on the inside view.
Speaker 5: It's been changed. Uh.
Speaker 4: If you were to ask me back in November December, I would have said anything to uh back up whatever Arizona was doing. Now I really can't and I don't really not watch basketball, and well that's a different conversation, Okay, okay, but basketball I can't because I I know more, I see more.
Speaker 5: Uh, I go to almost.
Speaker 4: Every game and some and so and so when I get uh, other students friends of mine saying what the heck is wrong with Arizona what heck is wrong with Caleb Love?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, well, did you not watch the game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty obvious what's not working right around making shots?
Speaker 3: But you you get the same questions I do. Then, I mean, what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 2: We see the game, same game.
Speaker 3: We're not privy to any inside information, but your your your demeanor, your attitude has to change because you're you can't be that fan. I guess you could without showing it, but you know what I'm saying. It's like I tell this, I tell this to people when I like kids, but I go, tell me about your career, so I tell them, you know, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: This is why.
Speaker 3: It's like the kids getting a job at UH at Snickers. They love Snickers and they can't you know, they love going there. They want to work at the headquarters of Snickers. They get that job and then they put them on the assembly line and they and they see that it's when they put them in the packages. It's not as sanity. I just use, yeah, it's not as it's not what they think. It's not what they think. And they go home and say, I don't know if I want to exact exactly and then you kind of get to change your perception.
Speaker 5: Same for you one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm sorry again deep down, always root for the for the program, and I hope for the best.
Speaker 5: But I got to be realistic. Now, that's what my job calls for.
Speaker 3: Right and pragmatic, realistic, pragmatic and kind of like even keel without any bias.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm sitting there in the media section and from the waist up, I'm serious, I'm focused, I'm analytical. But then you hear the band. You're tapping your foot under the table. No one's watching that right.
Speaker 3: Right right, and you and you notice, and you notice, I'm sure the media members in the room kind of the ones who tap their feet and kind of like the fist bump and all that underneath.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm still one of those where even when I see it, I see a prespect PLAYOFFLL be like, wow, yeah, no, I do I do, I do that, And that's more appreciative of the the concept of the play.
Speaker 3: And kJ Williams kJ Lewis had a couple of those plays falling down reverse yep, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a there was a play.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest, I cheered for when Owaka got at top of he took one dribble, kind of faked the shot and then.
Speaker 5: Threw a lob to cutter Bryan. I was impressed.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking either they practiced that a lot or o'wauka has some touch with his passes because he's a big man who gave them all up.
Speaker 4: And now a lot of people can make that type of pass given middle of the court.
Speaker 5: You got another player coming from the baseline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, oh thanks one. We're gonna go take a break here and come back with Blake Eager.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Ready to discover your soul, your.
Speaker 7: Wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots in table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 7: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready enterprise so Fasca Yaki? Try?
Speaker 8: The window depot has everything you need to create the kitchener bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorotle Rocky Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Doronto Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them all call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health of course to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who.
Speaker 10: Know it better than anyone else.
Speaker 11: At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve.
Speaker 10: Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 11: Edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 12: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four. Recognize your employees, salespeople, managers and agents with a Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items, and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman, or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 13: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's volpe team dot com or call five to two oh SIXE eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K nine two nine to four two Equal Housing Opportunity, Got to Commitment to lyndrixon credit grates and available loan programs of subject to change with don't notice?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 14: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards.
Speaker 2: And trading card games.
Speaker 14: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere truys Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 12: Richard Bacall Law Office, defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five two oh seven to four to Zho twelve thirteen, broud sponsor of I on the Ball.
Speaker 15: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nighte teen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 5: WI mining so important.
Speaker 16: It's a foundation of everything that defines the society. Everything you see is a product of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society on this planet has developed, grown and modernized based solely on.
Speaker 2: The minerals a process.
Speaker 5: That's why mining is so important. Bybm dot Com.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot wants to help bring your dream kitchen to life. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on offering the best prices, the biggest inventory, and exceptional customer service you won't find at the big box stores. From premium cabinets to stunning courts and granite countertops, faucets, hardware and sinks, our designers are here to guide homeowners every step of the way, all under one roof. Find a location near you or shop online at the Window. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 17: Streamy Live on the Ihearts Radio, while this is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to my I on the Ball hero Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today is George Mnis from Showtime Cards. Now on the phone, we have Blake Eager from WBC and and where are you from?
Speaker 2: There? Senor Blake there? Can you guys hear me?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're you're with us. How are you doing?
Speaker 5: How's the vacation at the ballpark?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I would, I mean it's it's amazing, right, So I mean I'm fortunate in the situation that we're at right now and what we're doing that I get to be able to hang around big leaguers and be on the field on brand new field and have Major League Baseball here and World Baseball Classic here, watching all the fans in the stands and the beautiful weather we've had except for Monday night. But yeah, it's it's a dream come true. Stee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no cool.
Speaker 6: What's the reception been, Uh, yeah, it's it's it's been outstanding. I mean all the feedback we've gotten from people that have gone to game or have seen some of the coverage. I mean, the games have been on Fox Sports too, they've been on MLB Network. I had Shelley Duncant text me the other day and said he was in the clubhouse watching it with the Yankees. The New York Yankees were watching Tucson on TV. So I don't think we could have asked for a better reception.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no cool, George. Have you been out there and I have not been out there this week, And I'm sure you have some cards with the dudes that are there. Absolutely, Oh yeah, they're coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h yeah. Who's like and the who well he said done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had yeah, well Shelley, Yeah, Shelley's in Shelley's actually the Triple A manager, so he's in Tampa for the Yankees. So he's in Tampa. But we've had Geo or Shechella, Julio duran On, uh, Donald Lutz. I mean, there's all kinds of guys out there. Brazil's got a ton of high end prospects. Manny Ramirez was out there a couple of days. We've got Andre and Audrey Agassi and Steffi Graff have been out really, all the Perez is out there. Yeah, Miguel Batista has been out there. It's it's the It's been incredible. It's nice baseball back in town.
Speaker 2: We did it. Uh.
Speaker 18: I had a shop inside the team shop for over a decade years, the side the sidewinders. Yeah okay, and then we also George Yeah, we also did the Arizona Diamondbacks and the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Oh nice. Yeah, it was fun. I miss that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you've had some great publicity. I know Gomez, Mister Gomez's son played, he was playing for Columbia.
Speaker 5: Who's he playing for Columbia?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, And then you.
Speaker 3: Have you talked about Augusty Gomez, a lot of x u A, A couple of u A guys. Right, uh so, so what the weather? And then no games today?
Speaker 6: No games today? We got a sixteen game tomorrow against Columbia, I mean sorry, against Germany and Brazil to move on to the World Baseball Classic. It's gonna be a it's gonna be a wild night tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: So who's who's already in.
Speaker 6: Columbia? Columbia? Are you and Steve?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 6: And I've talked about this, I've talked about on our on our show, your show plenty of times. Columbia was a favorite going into it, that that roster is stacked. But Brazil and Germany it's gonna be it's gonna be an exciting game. I think Brazil beat Germany in the first game eight to seven. So who knows what happens on Thursday night at six pm at Kino Veterans Stadium.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you real quick before George Chemsen. So these rosters, are these rosters set in stone or can they be manipulated? As that's the right word. But you know what I'm saying, as the roster as the game.
Speaker 6: Start yeah, you can't change. You can't bring in players. I think the only ability you have is if an injury happens and it has to be a reserve that has been identified. So right now, this is a roster they're rolling with.
Speaker 18: Okay. Oh yeah, I had no idea on that. I thought they could bring in and you know, sub out players like kind of like the Olympics.
Speaker 3: You know, you just have a sub team and you qualify and then you bring right the rest of the group guys in.
Speaker 6: Is there the same thing as the Olympics? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 18: Is there a game in the morning tomorrow? I thought there was one in the morning.
Speaker 6: Nope, No, just six pm tomorrow that will be the champions to move on.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let me ask you, because I asked you yesterday and you can tell publicly. I'll ask for the merch, because you know, I'm a merch dude for a hat or something cool from colombiaet bright yellow. So do you have still had some of that stuff left?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's still some stuff in the in the store there that that's available. I think they were surprised at how much merch they actually sold, because they sold out a bunch of stuff even after the first game, it just went like crazy. People were so excited about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how'd how was it yesterday with a bunch of kids.
Speaker 6: So Monday and Tuesday eleven in games were those kids in the park? Day? It was And thankfully I think one game was on Fox Sports too, and one game was on a MLB network. Yesterday was wild because you had it was probably four thousand people in the stands and three thousand over just screaming kids. But they had an unbelievable time. The reception that we got back from the superintendent's office and all the schools, the kids loved it. And you know, my background steve to have the ability the tucsona in or southern Arizona to go to you know, you know, Veterans Stadium and watch a professional baseball game happening on the field. We haven't had that opportunity since twenty ten. So the core memory that we were able to, you know, come together as a team and create for these kids.
Speaker 3: No, it's cool because you kind of have the same feeling, George, and I'm sure that you probably influenced a lot of young kids. They went to the game and says, hey, Doug could you take me the future started to tell you, junior, there's not any opportunity but for you, George, if you're if you're a young dude, you're seventy eight years old, you start collecting cards, that's when it all begins. Absolutely, that's exactly how it begins.
Speaker 18: As a matter of fact, I bought my first or my dad bought me my first pack at Dodger Stadium when I was eight years old, you know, yeah, and I was keeping score and I didn't even know what they were. But I've seen like some picture cards and I was like, Dad, can I get a pack of that? He's like, yeah, how much?
Speaker 2: Is it a bock? I was like, all right, I'll tell you no. No. Little did he know they would be your addiction.
Speaker 18: Oh that's it. The back of it had stats, and then my life changed. And that's what you're hoping for too, right he's young.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, And George, George, you'll love this. So like both kids in the park day Major League Baseball Players Association MLBPA. That's Oliver for Rez and I hope if you guys don't know him, he played in the big leagues for twenty years. He's from Mexico big name. Oh yeah, Miguil. But Batista was Arizona diamondback, played the Olympics for twenty years. Yeah. So MLBPA brought both of them out, got all their baseball cards. They had a bunch of tops baseball cards and just went around passing at all the kids in the stands. So all these kids not only did not yeah, not only did they get baseball cards, but they got baseball cards handed from to them from guys that just got done playing twenty years.
Speaker 2: In the big from the players. Yeah, what a great experience from the players.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. It was amazing. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: That is awesome. That's great.
Speaker 18: Do you think this is going to bring back baseball or is it kind of open the doors?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Uh so. Uh I've spoken to Steve about this multiple times. This is a catalyst hopefully for future events and a community effort. Uh. This is our you know, this is our first chance to bring Major League Baseball back. Well, Baseball Classic here to show off what we're able to do, and we've got nothing but great reception from them and and feedback. But we are currently working with other ownership groups about anchor tenants in Kino Stadium, and this is this is a jumping off point and one of the big things for this, and the reason why we're really excited about the future for this is that uh Pima County and Keino Sports Complex have done such a phenomenal job. I mean, this is a this is the first time you've got a brand new field at Kingo Veteran Stadium. What I mean by that is they it's completely They tore up all the existing grass and saw it. They tore it all up. They brought in bright View that does all the major league stadiums. They rebuilt the field, They've got a video board there. They refurbished all the dugouts, the bullpens. I mean, if you guys haven't been out there, I don't even you know. I listen personally, I would love for you to go to the game. If you if you don't get a chance to go to the game, you got to drive out there and just look at it, because all it looks like a it looks like a big league stadium. It feels like spring training, but it looks like a big league stadium right now.
Speaker 18: I'm just gonna say yeah, because the field issue was one of the issues they had was the field, you know, they had like holes in it or something. But now with the brown new I am going to go check it out tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I'm going, well, you don't have that problem anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, do you know what's gonna You're not going to answer this, but do you know what's going to happen with that wonderful place now once they're gone?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I hope I can answer that. We had a meeting today. I hope I can answer that in two months. For you see, I'm tired. This is this is a this is one of those that there has to be an answer pretty soon. And we were talking this morning in a meeting that it looks like it's going to be a two month turnaround that I can get you an answer. And that's just for one one. The other one might be a little bit longer, but it's not going to be too much longer either because there's got to be a major announcement on the other one as well.
Speaker 2: It's my good news. Though no one's listening to us. It's between us.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, you've already got me to cry on your.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you still have a job after all the stuff.
Speaker 2: You've given me.
Speaker 6: Well, well, yeah, well I'm hoping to still have a job. I think that's I mean, that's a that's a different conversation. So we're in good shape right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, anything else you want to add because I have another question about another topic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you know, Steve, you and I've you've been so you know the for allowing me to come out of your show, for allowing me to co host. I told you this before. I'll never be able to thank you enough. It's amazing to be here. It's amazing for what you do for the community. If we as a community come out tomorrow night and just kind of just just knock it out of the park. And I don't want to use a baseball pun in that sense, but if we can come out and just show our best foot forward and send them off going, there's no question about it that Tucson should be a home for a qualifier every three years. But showing Major League Baseball that we're ready to be a major player again in the market, it would mean so much to the community, and it would be mean so much to the game of what really put us on the map in a professional sports scent and also listen Thursday night, you get five dollars, twenty four ounce modelos, and dollars hot dogs, like if anything else, come have a drink and come eat twenty five hot dogs and leave happy. I don't know another. I don't know where else in the United States you can go watch Major League Baseball player on the field, pay fifteen dollars to get in, five dollars for parking, five dollars for twenty four hours from dollars, and a dollar of hot talk. I just don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, and I don't know. I don't have to drive up north right, Yeah exactly, Yeah, Hey, real quick before I say that. So there's really cool thing. So we were I actually took somebody down to interview this. So I met a couple of yesterday that go to all World Baseball Classic events. They're from They're from Virginia Beach. I met a couple yesterday that drove down from Denver, Colorado for this event. They're staying all week. I've got a group of like thirty people from Sedona. There's a group of like thirty people from Indio. Like it's it's it's awesome out there. So it's a great environment. Come out and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 3: So thanks for the compliments towards me. Go give me some clean X please covert tears in my eyes, tears of my eyes. Let's let's get those tears out of my eyes and say, what the hell did you think about last night's basketball game?
Speaker 2: Did you go?
Speaker 6: I knew you were gonna ask me. I didn't I listen. I'm stuck at I'm pulling sixteen seventeen hour days right now. I haven't. My wife took her best friend, they went. I told everybody I don't want to know what happened. I don't know want to score. So I would love to talk about it, but I need to rewatch it or I need to watch it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: So I'm trying to stay in my bubble. It's very difficult, and Steve knows how much of a diehard fan I am. It kills me that I miss senior night. I heard it was a wild game. I heard kJ played really well, but I know nothing else than that, So I'm sorry, Steve. I can't add to that. I mean baseball mode right now.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to teasing moment and tell you what happened.
Speaker 18: Don't for me that you have, George, No, I mean that's that's just wonderful. Yeah, yeah, I'll make an announcement. We share a post on it. Oh yeah as well, mister social media here, I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, George, I'd be perfect. And so after this is done, I've got to run into some contract negotiations and work them through through some things. And we've got some stuff on the tourism side and film side that I'm working on. But I'm going to take like a three week break maybe a month, and I'm my dad and I are going to go through all our card collection. I'm going to come in and talk to you about it. If that's okay. Absolutely, We've got We've got cards from like the forties. I mean I was obviously a huge card collector. That's what we did growing up. So I'm hoping that we can get your advice on kind of what we have and what it looks like.
Speaker 18: Oh, it would be my pleasure. I mean, vintage is still so strong. Even young kids are collecting vintage as well as the mom go ahead George, sorry, as well as modern new players you know, Otani, Mike Trouts and all the all our current heroes.
Speaker 6: And then I'm gonna bring my own baseball cards in and then I'll pay you to take them.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: A good thing for you is you didn't have a mom or dad that you said, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna toss them.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I did it with my own baseball car collection. But all my all, my all the stuff I was supposed to inherit from my grandparents that I don't have any of it. So yeah, flip a coin. I guess in life.
Speaker 3: Well, Blake, thanks for joining us. Good good that things are going well. I'll see you tomorrow. I think George might see you tomorrow too, so yeah.
Speaker 6: George, yeah, Wan, please come you just let me know what you need. I'll take care of you, guys. Text me George when you get there, Steve, you can share my number with George. I'll can get you, Steve. Let me know you You've got tickets at the ticket office waiting for you, Steve. And then hopefully you know, after this is done, you still like me enough to where I can hop on the show every now and again.
Speaker 18: That would be great, of course, it's so funny, and I will be there. I will shoot you a text tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Awesome. Thanks guys, thanks so much for everything. Thanks for having me on wan Hey, it was great talking next time. Trying not to talk so much.
Speaker 5: Okay, I try not to this show. You know, I don't want to be the main star like I usually am.
Speaker 3: Wellready said my show. Well he was talking about it.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 6: I'm take it over. Sorry, Ball said, Okay, all right, guys, have a great day. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Come out of the park. I'll be running around with my head cut off, but everybody can grab me. I'd love to see everybody, So talk to you guys soon.
Speaker 2: All right, Coanks, Thanks, Let's take a break. That was fun. That was fun. It was great.
Speaker 3: It's trying to be nice to do us. Let's take a break and come back. Talk about your business.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Take a look back at the Ludolsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one, email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 19: Hey, Wildcat Nation, Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team over at Arizona Health Insiders. I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nationwide coverage, and I get to pick my own doctor for a lesson two hundred doll a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the exchange and you want real health insurance called Arizona Health Insiders. Four ah three five five one four four four four a h three five five one four four.
Speaker 12: Four what's your goal? A new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the Degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu slash someday, Hey.
Speaker 3: Tucson, Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three.
Speaker 2: Two three nine three three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 11: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve.
Speaker 10: Arizona Health the lead.
Speaker 2: Hands and exercise equipment on twenty.
Speaker 10: Second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 2: At Pyramid Betteral Credit Union.
Speaker 10: We believe less is more.
Speaker 20: Less pies mean more money in your pocket, Less hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Less is More philosop.
Speaker 21: He is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two Sun Spectrum Paerymid Federal Card at Union where less is more, federally insured and by nc UA an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 17: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Want to take part in the show Call up Steve now went five two oh four one six seventy four forty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to in the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Rivera.
Speaker 3: In with me today is George Mattis Hello, and now we have Chris O'Gorman her ninety two point nine.
Speaker 5: That's sure, he's all. He's like a twelve year old kid here.
Speaker 2: He gets you.
Speaker 5: S Youna get Georgia.
Speaker 2: You get Georgia.
Speaker 14: Well, George kind of like little fire. Like when we did the Willie Mains card. He was very good to me, sending off to get PSA. Granted, he showed me the breakdown of the prices and we're hoping for a two on that one. We got agree and know we got a one. No are we sure about that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 18: Yeah, any way, but you needed it because it was you needed this part of my set.
Speaker 2: And he sends it off and I got good cash out of him. No, yeah, I remember that. Oh yeah, I paid him well as I do. You don't know he cards? That's why you're back.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, because I have some cards and like I said, you kind of you know, lit a fire on me.
Speaker 2: And now it's like, you know, you're trying to find them.
Speaker 14: You know, I do, I collect him, but if I find something like a gem, I mean I'm not above you know.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes you have to sell while they're hot.
Speaker 14: Right, Absolutely, when by Yamba or whoever I would have sold his stuff.
Speaker 2: Are he dropped because of his injury?
Speaker 18: So really yeah, Chris Bosh had a similar injury and it kind of ended his career. So they're like, maybe let me sell now, everybody starts selling at the same time that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, the bottom falls.
Speaker 3: Out, well unless he comes back and does really well, of.
Speaker 18: Course, and then it shoots back up. So now it's time like if you want to gamble, you kind of buy it now.
Speaker 14: So so would you have sold his Zion Williams and you got to I.
Speaker 18: Was just thinking you do unload that, right, that's the other player that was exactly big Eye, just as hot, and he's like no in college, the kid from Hooper Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So what does he have a card?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 18: He has the McDonald's tops chrome cards, big money. I think the autographs are a few thousand dollars. And he is the hottest player as far as the young guys, projected number one and he is good Cooper Flag, so he's good until he's not good.
Speaker 14: Can I ask a really quick question then, real fast? Do you do bilow candidates? Do you have a segment like at your shots? Like, okay, Trevor Lawrence, you can't. There's no way that rookie card is I mean, would he be a bye let's say he lands in Pittsburgh this year or something. Is he a by Low candidate for a rookie card or does he cards?
Speaker 18: And no, I mean someone like that. Once they drop, it's harder for them to go back up. But he could have a very few players.
Speaker 2: I'll give you.
Speaker 18: One is Otani. Remember his rookie year. He had the Tommy John surgery. His stuff dropped and it dropped it half. And I actually took a chance at him because Tommy John's not you know, it's an easy.
Speaker 2: Repair career and it paid off for.
Speaker 18: You, and it did, it did well and I sold it all and it keeps going up.
Speaker 2: But very few. The percentage is less than ten. Yeah, but there, I mean I've got his some by those.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Well would you get your degree at card collecting? Because my son's thinking about switch. He's making money on cards.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 18: He's a twenty year old sophomore atte Arizona study.
Speaker 2: What is he study?
Speaker 18: Well, he was going to go into a pre med Oh yeah, he's going to be a doctor.
Speaker 2: And now he's he's a doctor of cards. If his mom's listening, she'll kill me the card doctor. It's a lot of fun. You got there.
Speaker 14: Okay, So I got some cards I didn't know because I know for people that don't know you do a great job, and I know that you're very fair and thank you. You will give straight up answers. I just brought a few from my collection. I'm kind of holding one for the last I showed you too, but I don't know how much time we have it. Okay, so here's you can talk about them. Okay, these are just because I know you do a wide writers. I brought white rioting for you talk about.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking.
Speaker 18: This is a player that was really hot ninety three ninety four, there was a basketball boom Penny anforty hardaway. But Shaq was also a rookie that year. Many Rodriguez rookie nineteen ninety four. This card was the king of the nineteen eighties. This was the Holy Grail card. Maddenly rookie.
Speaker 2: I wish he would have made the mean today. What's a card like that?
Speaker 6: Launch?
Speaker 18: Not much that a forty car oh today? Yeah, it's about you're you're close. Yeah, and back then it was maybe double. It was eighty dollars, but that was the best card.
Speaker 2: But back in their eighty bucks in nineteen.
Speaker 18: One's a lot of money, yeah, absolutely, you know, and they didn't have home run hitters.
Speaker 2: Like they do now.
Speaker 18: It's just different, different era. Who is his federalf the same thing?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 18: The thing with these cards is there are a lot of eighties and nineties they mastered PTS cards. I have a lot of woodcutas in there, right, compared to that, you know, and then Lebron James. You know, he's got a nice mosaic. As a matter of fact, this product here, I was. I was with Pannini round Table, so I was part of the development team.
Speaker 2: This is one of the products I helped create. Wow did you number that? Did you number that in the back too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Right, Oh it's number nine. Yeah so that Oh that's a big card. Okay, is it really seventy four one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mosaic I pulled that, and he's hot. If you guys are weak to me, what the show? See that?
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful card. It's a beautiful this kind of did shake, sh shimmers and all that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, the more shimmers, the more money. Yeah. No, so you're looking at me like bling, Yeah, what would you off the top of your head.
Speaker 18: So that's there. We were talking about production of cards. So that's that card. They only made one hundred and forty nine and that's number seve.
Speaker 3: So do we need to carry you to the car today?
Speaker 2: Well? Who needs a four oh one? K?
Speaker 18: I've got yep, oh Mark Grace autograph? So what is this an in person autic?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 18: It is right, So someone got this signed and this is the traded set and it's a rookie.
Speaker 14: So that's why I was kind of going to deal with you on that one on the side maybe at some point.
Speaker 2: But I just want to get your take.
Speaker 18: Oh wow, this is the big oh man, he's got two nice ones.
Speaker 2: But the dog seem to chew on this one.
Speaker 14: That's an old Yeah, no, that's no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I showed him that. Yeah, yeah, so what does that? Because the dog cards.
Speaker 14: Can't be worth more than thirty dollars. It's an old Roger Merris right, that's the end of the screw. It's got two marks on it. So this one is a great card. It's a TOPS Chrome. They just came back.
Speaker 18: Tops Chrome hasn't produced cards in a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, young man.
Speaker 18: Daniels, we know him when he played here at ASU. You know a lot of people think he was lsu only No, no, no, he did really well as you But Jaden Daniels rookie with a piece of the jersey on it, and.
Speaker 2: It's official says it's valid. I pulled that from a pack.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he's the hottest rookie. I mean he he was one game away from my eyes. Really got big one.
Speaker 14: I saw that because I did one of those where I'm skimming down like who is it?
Speaker 2: Who you know? When you're breaking?
Speaker 14: And I was like that and I couldn't put it in the top holder, which ticks me off by the way.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And we can look up the value like that's a big one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess two hundred bucks. I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 18: Gonna guess so but wow, and then you're gonna guess this one.
Speaker 2: What's this one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Leblon Lebron forty forty I think so, Yeah, that's disappointing.
Speaker 18: Yeah, what are you thinking, Steve, Steve.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. That's why.
Speaker 14: That's why Steve pretend it's the price is right? What's the showcase showdown on? What's your number four?
Speaker 2: For Lebron?
Speaker 6: First?
Speaker 2: I was just thinking about Diane Parkinson. Yeah, she was great.
Speaker 3: What's your I don't know, I don't like I said, I don't two hundred bucks for that car took good for you?
Speaker 2: This one for I thought this would be more. I would sho because it's the Yeah, it's because you.
Speaker 3: Got all excited when you open the lebron thing. And then yeah, and then he goes forty bucks. Then he says about seventy three, which is you.
Speaker 2: Know the numbered.
Speaker 14: I thought it might be that Jayden's gotta be worth one hundred dollars, eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: It's eighty, but eighty Is it a stock? Do I hold very tough on that one?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: How at his living? I mean he was one game with from the super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's what it says, eighty eighty bucks. Who would pay eighty bucks? Well, yeah, because you're not.
Speaker 18: Paying eighty bucks for cause you got to I pay close to eighty dollars. Then you keep it for later to maybe resell it for eighty.
Speaker 14: Well wait a minute, but you're telling me if you what if he wins the super nice, sure the card goes to two hundred dollars.
Speaker 18: So yeah, he was one game away from the super Bowl this year. I'm really disappointed. Have you go to the super Bowl. It would be worth oh yeah, it's double wow. So but is he a stock because he's hot, he's young? Okay, what about something like look at this one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find this Lebron real quick. That one was really good. Steve can appreciate that one. Yeah, but it's a mini card. I don't understand. I had this forever and I don't know if it's worth anything. But it's weird. Didn't get excited. No, no, no, he looked at it. What the hell, I'm gonna save the best one for last?
Speaker 18: Okay, Well, I mean, do you guys, see George brings it down to what Lebron is doing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, just stock go up on that card. See, George gets you all excited, and I'd be like.
Speaker 2: That's a great card. Forty The last one sold for thirty wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got you got about five hundred dollars worth of cards there.
Speaker 14: Well, and I pulled a couple of rookie bon UXes out of the top strown in the same box.
Speaker 18: So the Bonuxes are like twenty five bucks. So the problem with this it's a graded card. But I've never heard of this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got that years ago at a show and it was sketchy. But here's the one I pulled that I'm happy about. I'm saving he's gonna dig me. He's gonna be like his twenty dollars.
Speaker 18: So I pulled this. Oh wow, no, that's actually really nice. And you turn around, Yep, it gets a lot better when you turn around.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah he told me about that. Wow, Paul Skian's the twenty five. That's actually nice. That's a high five right now. So that was the one. I was like, you know what it feels like.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm in geometry with a bunch of.
Speaker 10: Angle.
Speaker 2: No, Georgia wants his geek now.
Speaker 14: Because I was telling, see now, George, that's the one I would love for you if you could.
Speaker 2: I think that one needs to be graded. Stee.
Speaker 18: But as a youth, you played sports. Oh no, I collected. He's probably sitting on money, aren't you. He's got the cards. Well, I'm gonna say I gotta go home and fight. Yeah, but most of it I went into the cars, the bike spokes.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We were kids, yes, but that card needs to be graded.
Speaker 5: George.
Speaker 2: That's the one I want because it looks pretty mint, it looks centered. I'm hoping.
Speaker 14: If it's a gem, it's gotta be to me, Paul Skins, I don't know you follow basis all right? If you're if you're like me, aren't you holding on him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he's dating what you too?
Speaker 18: So this is a Paul skiing Paul Skin's tops chrome. Uh, it's serial number nineteen of twenty five or sixteen of twenty five.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's worth sixteen of twenty five? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think it's going to be lesser than I think because he's been digging me since.
Speaker 2: We got in here. Fifty close.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm gonna say, now are we talking PSA two hot?
Speaker 2: This is a rock card? It can't you know? If it gets graded then then it's great.
Speaker 14: So right now I would say that card phace value. I mean there's other ones out there already gave you a base, he said, Okay, I'm gonna say three twenty five on a good day.
Speaker 2: Very close. Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 18: So during and Nick cards, it's gonna start to rise. And they're already talking about him having another follow up season.
Speaker 3: So so so I collect stuff, right, it collects up. But to me, it's more more worthy, more expensive or whatever. To me, I've never give it up. I've never said because it's means something to me. That's not what this is about. Because you collect and you say, okay, it's worth as much I'm getting rid of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, what I'm saying, Yeah, five hundred dollars worth of card?
Speaker 6: What do you take?
Speaker 2: Five hundred the podcast?
Speaker 3: You know, I have a lot of signed stuff, But to me, it's more important to have than to go sell it to you.
Speaker 2: George Well, but.
Speaker 14: Like I was saying, for me though, he kind of lit a fire in me, Like I discovered the twelve year old, I mean, which is pretty easy to find on a daily basis, as you know, Steve. But but like I love ripping cards, and like I'm chasing, I think this past NFL class is the best class I've ever seen in my lifetime. Absolutely, and barn On best quarter well quarter right, lay the receivers, the running backs, No one talks about Bucky Irving.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, it's the best class I've ever seen.
Speaker 14: So I'm chasingers, I'm chasing I'm chasing rookies, and I'm chasing the downtown. But he's right, I'm not looking to sell him immediately. But like I said, like if I V came back and said, okay, so what about this card, it would be what would if he's seven to fifty?
Speaker 2: Oh, seven to fifty, let's go, let's go, let's let's go. Yeah, but so what if a car like this comes back as a gym?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 18: You typically doubles, so we send it off getting graded me on that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean if if a card, if you send off a card and it's a five figure it turns into a ten thousand dollars card. PSA will say you have enough charge? Do you want to accept it? It's now one thousand dollars to grade this card, as before they were charging you fifty dollars. This car card mafia right there. Wow, give me a piece of I need my cut, you know. Yeah, And that's how it is. I'd be curious to see Steve's collection because I know you got some signs stuff.
Speaker 2: I know some of the like, oh.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's a millionire. Do you do you collect as a journalist. Let me ask you a question that I haven't collected in years. Let me take something I need something stupid. When I was in high school, I sold my baseball collection. Of course, you get a price pras. Okay, I don't have the money.
Speaker 3: You're fifteen years old, so I exactly. So I kept my NBA cards. I like my Bill Waltons and my all Cinders and blah blah blah. Yeah, only because I didn't want to sell them. I have them somewhere. I don't know who they're at. So that's why I have Are you gonna go the old NFL stuff? Well, listen, how about this? How about this? I'll give you a couple hundred bucks, give me the box of far here. I'm not fifteen anymore. I had the honey on the show yesterday. He says, well, would he if I have a suitcase of stuff? He said, yes, this stuff. He said, you went by your place. I said yeah, he said that.
Speaker 2: I think I think you look at it.
Speaker 3: I don't know absolutely how much time. And that's what you do, right, That's what we do.
Speaker 18: Anybody who's listening, and we buy cards every single day.
Speaker 2: I mean he does. He's on there on his Instagram and on Friday night.
Speaker 3: So when I go to his place every now and again, I'm it's like geek Central. I mean there's people Pokemon section as gee, that's where the money is apparently Yeah, yeah, my son just sold those two cards eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now you can't get it change. You see, I'm in the wrong. I'm in the wrongs. I mean yeah, Pokemon.
Speaker 18: Star, Trek Star Wars, it's all the same and literally two cards PSA tens eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: But one of the odds of you. Okay, So let me ask you a questions to you wearing left, Well, I have.
Speaker 14: A question, honest dialogue, what are the odds of pulling those cards in a pack at a Target or a Walmart? Or do you come into showtime and buy the hobby box because you're gonna have that? Is that a hobby box, like we were talking about to the average You're not gonna pull that. No, those you can pull them out either retail or booster boxes. You can find those anywhere.
Speaker 2: The odds.
Speaker 18: He's right about that, though. There is two different types of like and George show's the hobby boxes. Yeah, yeah, the hobby boxes usually you have your better odds on that stuff. And then you have the retail, which is big box stores like Target and Walmart where I go.
Speaker 3: So we got about twenty seconds real quick. So you do your your online stuff.
Speaker 18: With the people breaks. How many people actually they watch? Yeah, usually you have a group, like it's a room, it's twenty five people. We sell thirty spots because there are thirty teams, so everybody likes to watch. Sometimes you have a big break, it could be fifty one hundred people, you know, and they just kind of wanted to chime in or.
Speaker 2: Say something or watch the product broken.
Speaker 18: Sometimes you might only have fifteen people and you throw down a pizza party. Everyone's from Yeah, it's it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 2: Is Myron here?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Myron, that's President present Christ President.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't wait to see Steve's cards. But we gotta go, we gotta go. Thank you for that. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that ends our geek talk for today. We go back to sports little bit. Thanks you guys.