Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Tom Welling.
Speaker 2: I played Clark Kent on Smallville and you are listening to Always Hold On to Smallville.
Speaker 3: Welcome Always onto Smallville. In this podcast, we talk about each in every episode of The Young Superman Show. And we're from two thousand and one to twenty eleven on the WB and the CW. I'm your host Zagmore and we're back with mail Bag number thirteen, Part two, Part two. I'm your host zag Moore. And you heard him, you love him? From Always on the Arrow.
Speaker 2: We have last last and Nick Ryan Magdoza.
Speaker 3: He's not from Always on the Arrow, but he's here. And we're back a whole week later. Guys, how have you been.
Speaker 2: It's been good.
Speaker 1: It's been a week.
Speaker 3: Oh man, let me tell you anyway. All right, so let's open the mail back back up. Let's not waste any time. Let's open up mail Bag number thirteen, Part two. This is you guys, don't know it's a second bag. This is thirteen two on it got a Facebook message from Steve Clark. I have two category suggestions for the tally board. How about Lex get shot which seems to happen every three to four episodes now, so Lona car accidents. I'm up to season six, episode four and account at least four so far. Wow, you know we are so deep in the show show. Yes, Steve, I don't think I can add these. These are good suggestions, though, Yeah, I mean definitely Les getting shot and and you.
Speaker 4: Know what, let's add those lin of car accidents to the Trent the Kent Truck Act fifty so I can get my numbers.
Speaker 3: I remember, we remember Lance's prediction back in season one, he said We're gonna have fifty Kent truck accidents. Now I laughed at him at the time, yes, and I still laugh at you.
Speaker 4: Yes, but as you should.
Speaker 3: It's a ten it's a ten season show, and we had like five. That's why you can never do.
Speaker 1: The projected stats exactly.
Speaker 3: Those are fun category, Steve. But Lana and Lex are both gone from the show. It would be interesting to look at those, but I cannot promise we'd be adding those to the tally where it is late date. Yeah, so despite our setition compartment. But thanks for the message, Steve.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, we have an email from mister Don White titled Ken Dorian count. I think it was Chloe that said that there are one hundred and twenty six sentinels that showed up when the Kendorians arrived on Earth, So wouldn't that mean there were one hundred and twenty six Candorians that arrived. Could be wrong, just wanted to point that out.
Speaker 3: You know, you might be right, don I looked for a number at some point all season, and if she said that, I missed it. But also, uh dj Duenna has sent me a voice message and pointing this out, and I think I have since corrected our stat board because I was counting the Candorians for not the Last Ones of Rypton. But they're clones, so they shouldn't count because clones aren't people. We can all agree about that, right, so get all metaphysical if you take them out, and then you take out the the Zorel and Laura clones, and we have a much lower number now for the not the last one of Krypton because these aren't people that survived Krypton's destruction. They're just clones, so they don't count in that category, So it doesn't matter how many Candorians they are. Although on Pandora and the mid seas of season.
Speaker 1: Nine on Pandora, thank you.
Speaker 3: You see like thousands of them blotting out the sun Zack Snyders style. So I don't know how that happened anyway, Thank you for that number. I'm curious where it came from because I was looking really hard for hell season. But thank you for that for that message.
Speaker 2: All right. Now we have an email from Alison Skulthorp. It's titled great padcat title Austin, Great podcast, titled great podcast. Just finished season seven. Hello, Zach. I sent you an email last summer letting you know that I started watching Smallville because of your podcast at that time. I just finished season four. I know it's not one of your favorites, but I'm a huge Jensen Accles fan, so I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Oh you are you huge Ackles fan, and you gotta be really disappointed in talk feel season four.
Speaker 2: I also found the plot about the witches and the search for the crystals different and fun.
Speaker 1: What was different?
Speaker 2: I've just finished season seven, like you. I did fine, I liked it better than season six.
Speaker 1: Now we're back things else.
Speaker 2: I really didn't like the Lexana stuff and the whole storyline of lex faking Lana's pregnancy seems so awful.
Speaker 4: It didn't seem that way.
Speaker 2: Those funny to have the Veritas window suddenly appeared. The traveler plot line seemed much more interesting and made more sense in the Smallville universe. I listened to your podcast all the time as I'm driving to and from work. I love the banter with your guests, the quotes for the companion books, and your takes on the more ridiculous scenes. As I'm watching now, I'll add to the tally board in my head, thinking oh, there's a hospital visit, or hey, they said you're not yourself. I look forward to listening for another three seasons. Oh, by the way, I believe you mentioned the cartoon James Bond Junior in one of your podcasts. I watched that when I was young and even remember some of the theme song. Alison s thanks, as do you remember the song?
Speaker 4: I don't remember the same James something like that.
Speaker 3: What James Bond's nephew. Yes, it's a cartoon in the like a game Boy game. Yeah, okay, not many people know what that. Yeah, I think I was talking about. It must have been with the Sleeper or Jimmy Olsen's the Sigarette. I assume that's when I brought that up.
Speaker 1: James Bond Jr.
Speaker 2: No one can suck him, must come, almost tries his young gone cuts through his web of spies.
Speaker 1: He learned the game Brown James. Now he's the game James.
Speaker 3: James Bond or.
Speaker 4: Look out, He's coming through.
Speaker 2: He's got a job to do while he rescues the girl.
Speaker 3: James Bond Junior Chasers Gone unser around the world.
Speaker 4: I remember us like in high school making fun of that cartoon for something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why, who knows, who knows the reason the.
Speaker 4: Reason why we did, But like I think we just remember that it was a thing and we're just like laughing about it.
Speaker 3: No, that we're not in alignment on season four, which is fair probably most people aren't with me.
Speaker 1: But the season seven.
Speaker 3: We definitely are are in alignment. So thank you for that email, Allison. Don't stranger, all right. I got a Facebook message from Dave Coggswell. Minnesota has new black plates, so I did a little Smallville theme. They wouldn't let me use special characters, so I had to change the zero to standard and I couldn't use a dash. So this is what it should look like when they show up, and he sent me a picture of his license plate, which can I post that on social I mean.
Speaker 2: Probably shouldn't, Probably shouldn't. Maybe just just describe.
Speaker 3: It for I mean, it looks like it's like the lex with the black and the white anyway, all his customs license plates. So anyway, Dave, I'll I'll post that on the No, that that's fun, David, if you want me to share it with the world, let me know. If not, I will not post that with our other social media's posts.
Speaker 1: But no, that that's cool.
Speaker 3: I've thought about I've often thought about custom license plates, but then it's like there's some sense of anonymity when it's because you like, look, QUI gone over here or whatever, and then you get embarrassed, you get pulled over whatever. I mean, the most personalization I have in my cars, I got the Houston Astros license plate frames for that for the two times, two times World Series champions. So when we went again to this year, when am I gonna put the gig, I don't know. I don't even know license plates to That's.
Speaker 2: How I figured out that you were already there for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Astros, Because Nick Sillson on my car looks like in feest car for years.
Speaker 1: Also asked, hey, what's the interest to your house?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Hey, they only let me out of the dungeon like once. This is full all right.
Speaker 3: Another disclaimer, because it's part two not part one. Nick is our friend. Yes, we give them a hard time. I know it sounds like were just beating up on this guy. He chooses to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to be here. It's fun.
Speaker 3: Dynamic has not changed since two thousand and three. Yep, basically, which is probably a bad thing.
Speaker 1: A little bit. We'll talk off.
Speaker 2: Patreons. If you sign up, maybe it will be a discussion with doctor Mike from last week.
Speaker 3: Doctor Mike, can you please analyze her friendship function?
Speaker 1: Friendship we have?
Speaker 4: That's so funny? All right. Next, we have a Facebook message from Katie Parker. Hey, Zach, I'm pretty still pretty far behind on the podcast, almost on the season four, but I just listened to Blank with Nancy and Lance. Yeah, shout out to Nancy. Uh and I got to say that they are my two favorite guests. Pretty cool, thank you. And and you know Nancy is one of my favorite people as well.
Speaker 1: O G Yeah, high school, much like she was on the earlier seasons.
Speaker 4: I do remember that, and having all three of you was an absolute pleasure to listen to. I also wanted to mention that I watched the whole series with my fiance recently on Hulu, and every time you mentioned a deleted scene, I think pretty sure we saw that. I think Hulu has the deleted scenes built in. Just wanted to mention that to you. It's possible. You talk about that in the later in later later episodes, and I'm just super behind.
Speaker 2: I appreciate all that you do.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, Katie. I get this a lot about Hulu. There's only one exception about deleted scenes, and it's actually the reverse. Hulu actually has the syndication version of the pilot, so it has less scenes than the full version of the pilot. And other than that, no, Hulu does not put in the deleted scenes. I would love there to be extended versions of all these small episodes. They all have to do that myself one day, but no, the Hulu does not have extended versions of the episodes. They just have the same syndication cuts that the broadcast originally, and every broadcast on the ABC Family, et cetera, including the pilot, which is shorter, so if anything has less scenes, worse scenes.
Speaker 2: All right, and now we have an email from our friend Corey Moore d titled invite Hey Zach. The past few months I've been in contact with Talkfield, the producer Rosenbob Welling, et cetera. And I'm invited to Michael's house to record the last episode of season four, April fools up up in the way more.
Speaker 3: Jokes rega Corey that was in on April first, as you might, as you might figure it out, but that Corey always always has something clever to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love them for it. Thanks Corey.
Speaker 3: All Right, I got a Facebook message from Aaron Larenz says, Hey, Zach, A couple of thoughts for your next millbag. First, with a lot of and Lois Booths finding out about Clark's secret after about five seasons, which them, do you think they should have had shortened that timeframe. Secondly, I wish on Talkviille Michael Rosamam will be as enthusiastic about the show for which he owes most of his fame to s he is for the ads he does throughout the show thanks to the hours of content. Well to your first question, I would say Lana, because like she was around for like her entire relationship with Clark, weird stuff was going on, and she lived in Smallville. Lois was kind of in and out. Thought Clark was a little weird anyway, She wasn't there all the time unless she lived with the Kins, but they like they were, Clark was intentionally keeping distance from her. Yeah, a lot of he always wanted to be with, So, like I I would appreciate it. Well, that's the thing, like even with Chloe any dim but even with Chloe, like she has to be shown, like they all at some point, they all have to be shown the secret, right or more or less.
Speaker 1: So I would like one of.
Speaker 3: Them to have just figured it out, yeah, legitimately, like piece it all together, right, But of the two of them, I would say Lona, would you guys.
Speaker 1: Agree for those reasons?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: And I totally agree about the ads on Tokville. Well we'll just we'll leave it there. But what point well taken? And I agree with you, Eric.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right. Next, we have a Facebook message from Chris Gardner. I'm listening to season seven of your podcast and I came across this. All I could think of is product placement Pete.
Speaker 1: Yes, a stride gum, Yep, we'll.
Speaker 3: We'll add the picture they used us here Chris and uh on the social media. But but but thank you, thank you for that product place in Pete.
Speaker 2: Indeed, all right, Now we have an email from Maurice M. I'm finally on season nine, just began always Arrow, what's up? Zach Lance and Big Nick? Gosh, I have a nickname now, Big Nick.
Speaker 3: Again, we didn't plan this, Yeah, this is the rotation.
Speaker 2: I dig it.
Speaker 1: You're Big Nick from now on, Big Nick.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: It took how many thirteen mail bags or whatever number?
Speaker 1: We're truly thirteen?
Speaker 3: Part two part A lot of other parts in there too. Yeah, I thought when I was like, when he pleased too, should I call him like a different number?
Speaker 1: No, this isn't the same.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're here a week later, obviously, but it's an extension of what we were doing before. Yeah, so Big Nick, please continue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, he goes. First off, I want to apologize for my last email. I was using voice to text and a bit of dyslexia kicked in, so I wasn't able to catch all the spelling and grammar errors. I bet you guys got a kick of that out of that reading Wow.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I think I spot chick on that.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, and I think I just had about myself.
Speaker 4: Correction.
Speaker 2: He goes and says, I bet you guys got a kick out of reading that one. I finally caught up to you guys and season nine. At the time of me writing this email, I'm on Warrior. By the time you get to the next mail bag, I should be on the same episode as your podcasts, waiting week by week for the next exciting episode of Always hold On to Smallville. With Lona out of the picture, I remembered how much I loved this season. Erica and Tom have amazing chemistry. It just sucks it took nine seasons to fully explore it. Zod's character was awesome. I did like Oliver's arc that carried over from season eight. It shows that heroes can hit rock bottom if you smell oh wait wrong, hero, what.
Speaker 4: The rock is cooking?
Speaker 2: But with the strong enough push they can rise up stronger than they were before. I like the scene with Oliver and Clark on the roof together at the end of Roulette. Is it me or has Chloe become a real b. It's so interesting not watching these, but it's the same notes from every single person. I'm not liking her character that much anymore. She's making bad decisions. I think she's right, and no one is calling her out on her bs. Maybe when the Legion removed Brainiac it took half of her common sense with it. I guess I'll give her points for bringing Oliver back to being a hero. Don't even get me started on Felicity and from Aero, she was like see A nine Chloe two point zero times one hundred. Damn, she was the worst in the last half of Arrow. See this is what happens when the writers tried to DVA from the comics when it comes to relationships. If they would just have Alliver and Black Canary be together after season three, maybe would would not have gotten b two point Oh, Felicity, what do you think? I'm excited for the rest of season nine and your commentary on season ten. I just started listening to Always Hold On to Arrow and so far I like the format. I'll definitely go back and rewatch the first three seasons.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a positive Lett. Would you like to respond to Felicity being a bee in the second half of because I feel like obviously season four she did that was a dark time.
Speaker 1: Season four, she really is a big rebound.
Speaker 4: She rebounds really well actually, and she had a great season six, which we just finished, Kevin and I did. Yeah, season four was really her lowest point in a lot of ways. I mean, she nukes a town in the season.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, she nukes a town.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just realized what we were talking about. Okay, yep, she nukes a town. So yeah, she has a nice rebound. Actually, so there'll be too hard on Felicity.
Speaker 2: They go on saying, I'm really glad Zach and Lance are doing these podcasts. Yes they do. Listen to them. Makes the workday go by faster. Until next time, Remember to always hold on, remember to stay super broke. Yes, I binge watched Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I better understand your references. I didn't watch it. I didn't watch when it aired on TV. But overall it was a good show. It's smashed, baby, y'all kind of get wild down to Texas, huh. If you want to see Michael B. Jordan even earlier in his career, check out Hardball with Keanu Reeves. Thanks for your hard work, Maurice.
Speaker 3: So that is that movie for like the baseball he's in that, he's a little kid, he's a kid.
Speaker 1: Well wow watching that and yeah, see that's on streaming.
Speaker 3: No, you're absolutely about coolie, Maurice. It's really unfortunate. I'm like, how like, over the course, I defended Chloe for like six and a half seven years on this podcast, and they get to season and I'm like, choly really disappointed in your in your choices and season nine she has this attitude and superiority complex to the point where and we're about to go into season ten and our episode by also coverage, it's like, oh good, what she's going. It's really unfortunate. So uh But to Felicity, I don't know. Felicia did nukea town and season four, so I mean that or getting her husband killed by the man who run away with him. For that's I don't know what it's rough, want of the on the scales of morality, I don't know what it's rough worse, But anyway that you can't argue. There's a lot of comparisons to be made between Felicity Smoke and Chloe Sullivan, and they both ended up with a green.
Speaker 1: Arrow, as we all know.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: Email from Rocky Tomlin. Another email from Rocky, a new round of questions from East Texas. Greetings from East Texas again.
Speaker 2: From east Side.
Speaker 3: Greetings from East Texas again. I was worried I was emailing the show too much. No such thing as too much emails, yes, Rocky, until I just listened to me like number one on my way through the podcast from the pilot on, I will never catch coreymore so I think I am good. Now onto my questions for the show Smallvil questions Now that Talkville is almost at the end of season four and by the time the next mail bag might be all the way through it, Well.
Speaker 1: They weren't.
Speaker 3: Uh, what has been the most interesting thing you've learned from their insight?
Speaker 1: Them?
Speaker 3: Michael tom Al Miles, Guest, Hast, et cetera. For example, For me, I was shocked that John Shiner was never asked to direct again because how he shot the episode Talisman. But ironically it was because Miles used up all of his budget on Memoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: John Shinner had a lot of interesting things to say. He sure always does, doesn't he Ah, So he was trying to make it work. Also the fact that they shot the show with the mindset the average year only watched one out of every four episodes. Meanwhile, the real fans were hanging on every fresh episode getting a Redux or kinetic when they weren't even counting on those. They were focused on getting to the big episode moments and did not care about all of them. Next, I would say it was surprised. It made sense when Alan Miles said they did not write any episodes after Crusade. They didn't leave until the end of season seven. But it all makes sense why the rest of the show ultimately began to be different even then very true, because it was no longer their actual writing. Okay, this time I had some non Smable questions. Well let me let me answer the smable questions or first Talkville. I was recently on it, and I think me asking Tom about the glasses was the thing.
Speaker 1: I was like that.
Speaker 3: It was like, why didn't you wear these glasses? And his answer there was like, hey, you know what there was there was a scene in the Luther Manginard. I came around a hallway and I had to push my glasses up and he was a middle finger and that was on purpose, and like that's all he needed to know. I always suspected he hated wear anything glasses. But also one of the main other things was they always talked about we always have speculated about Lex and the Snow in that flashback in the finale where he's like his memories is getting raised, But that never happened on the show. That was filmed when they filmed the end of season four in the snow, and they talk about that in the helicopters and stuff. Now, I don't they They must not know what they were gonna do, and they just filmed that for safety, and somehow that only made it into the series finale where his memory is getting raised.
Speaker 1: It is a gift of small valon Hulu.
Speaker 3: It's like this didn't even happen on the show. And Lex and the Snow he went to the fortress, know, it's not how he went to the fortress. There's a deleted scene from the original Veritas cut, which is the promo for I Believe quest or Sleeper. I'm not one of the two of him at a parka. That's not that anyway. All that to say, those things are kind of some of the most interesting things I've heard. And that's the great point about talk Fille is regardless of how much litteral they talk about an episode, usually get a couple of interesting points of trivia that only those guys will know during the show. Okay, this time I had some non small ble questions. What do you think some of the best cliffhangers in all television?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 3: The Small season one finale is up there. I agree with best of both worlds. Okay, you're speaking on language, Rockey, but also was really really affected by the season of voyage or where they were left on that planet and you know the ship flying away? What basics Part one and two?
Speaker 1: Very good? How are they gonna get back to the ship now? Very true?
Speaker 3: As always, I enjoy the show and keep up the good work. Fun fact in mail back one, you spec late that you will be done with the series rewatching twenty twenty Happy twenty twenty four. I wanted him glad that it is still going since I just found ot last year. Until next time, Rocky from Texas, Well, great email, Rocky, appreciate you finding the show and always send us some great messages. And no, you'll never catch up to Cory Morris sow email as much as you want. Yeah, you know those are those some good ones there. Let mean you just name all the ones I would name out. Those are my starcial extent ration and small but like my favorite shows and as far as cliffhangers go, you know, it's a different era of TV now, so it's just not the same, all right.
Speaker 4: Next we have an email from Brandon Leidel uh Salvation. Hey, Zach, just listen to your episode covering Salvation in season nine, and I was wondering about Zod and the fact that he killed thee and her and their unborn baby. Did Zod kill little fetus David Bloom? To my understanding, he was the only child of Zod, and in season eight, at least we know there won't be a little baby Doomsday running around justin food for thought.
Speaker 3: Thanks, you know that's that those are the clones, so that's not gonna be the exact And Fiora from Kypton, I think that was the bloodline Feora is possessing Lois's body, says something about like they couldn't have their own child, so they kind of created life.
Speaker 1: Davis. Yes, yes, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: The power of many and.
Speaker 3: And so that they made Davis Blooms like this this this creature you know, so that that that's a separate thing. So those are different odds and fioras. Uh, but that'd be interesting if like, yeah, I guess, I guess in some weird time travel paradox thing you could you know that that could have been a version of of that Davids Womb. That's that is interesting to think about because they say that David Womb was technically zos child. It looks just like your father back when they were going to bring Sam Webber back to play Zod, which you talked about in death on an episode Plastique when he was on with me and John Lee Brody. So getting shout out to John by Brady for making that happen. It was great connected with Sam becoming friends there and he made the right choice saying I'm not doing that. It's been weird, and you know it's been weird, but thanks Brandon.
Speaker 2: All right, and now we have a Facebook messenger from Dave Wynn. You know, it never hit me until rewatching the twenty Rewatching two thousand and two Spider Man for the twentieth time. Lol. That all's Corp Norman Harry is very much the influence for Luther Corp. Lionel Lex, the rich and powerful father and the son. It never hit me until watching Spider Man tonight. It's Lionel and Lex.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean I've always seen the Spider Man movies as like the movie versions of Smallville, to the point where Alan Miles, right, Spider Man two and it's not.
Speaker 1: That yeah wow yeah, yeah wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're also writing Beatles just too beetlejuice.
Speaker 4: Beatles just look really good.
Speaker 3: Also Shane high Knights.
Speaker 1: So no, absolutely, I mean that's that's the Lex kind of line.
Speaker 3: I don't Clark dynamic playing out there in those movies, so I uh yeah, I really've always bonded that. I think that's a really cool parallel because we never got this on the vig stage, but we have that. So to me, those ramy Spider movies hold a special place in my heart, just the same way Smumble does. All right, got non that ema from Rocky Tomlin Hindsight fan writing fixing early season problems.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Greetings from East Texas. I'm listening to the first few seasons of the show podcast now and hearing your take on a few things has really brought into question a lot of plot holes in our favorite show. First, I will address the farm's financial troubles the first few seasons of the show. I always took it as the whole town was a booming farm town until the meteor shower. After that, all the farms were in financial trouble. Okay, that's a good theory. Like that most of them were bought up by Lionel and the plant was built. Their neighbor in subterranean was more of a farm with crops, while the kin farm scenms more like a cattle ranch more animals than crops. Within the story they told through the first few seasons, they probably had to take out some loans on the farm after the first meteor shower to rebuild, to get back up and never recovered. Perhaps it would have made the land unfarmable for years after. Now onto the first meteor shower itself. The main problem is that the meteor shower that big would have wiped out the whole town, maybe even the whole county or state if it didn't burn up in the outster. That's true, didn't a meteorite kill the dinosaurs? I mean, come on, I think he brought up before that. Normally, meteor showers are cool events to see a lot of shooting stars, never any Armageddon level destruction. That is probably why in most Superman origins it's just the ship in Clark's childhood, it's pretty normal, another route to still get the Freak of the Week format without the same meteor rocks are causing everything might have gone like this. His road made a bigger ship with lots of Kryptonian lore and experiments and amazing technical or kryptonite.
Speaker 1: There is thank you.
Speaker 3: The whole family were in suspended animation with the ship is damaged and Clark's pot ejects and lands on the Kent Farm. The rest of the ship scatters carras pod lands in the lake by the dam lore in anything you want to write into existence for the plot, later lands in the caves. Clark's bio parents don't survive, their pods are destroyed, but all the time technology in such lands where the plant would be built by Lionel, so luthor Core would then still be running level three experiments and a few people would probably still turn into meter freaks that way, So it's like a roswell in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Thing like that.
Speaker 3: Next, the size of the town itself. The towns around me here in Texas that are true farm towns around ten thousand people or less. We were talking about this being small towns, but a town with a plant like luth Corep plant could be large around twenty thousand. It's small, but really had fifty thousand people. Even after the media shower. They probably would have had more than one high school. And that's a real real small towns high school would have only been about two hundred students total. My small town of about ten thousand people only had about two hundred senior class. So they wrote for a small town but said it was much bigger now for everyone's favorite season one problem of the windmill scene in Nicodemus. All they had to do to fix it was say it was just Lina's imagination.
Speaker 4: Just to imagine Nation.
Speaker 1: Running away with me, just my imagination.
Speaker 4: Running did that way?
Speaker 2: Why does it have to happen?
Speaker 1: It was the California reasons, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I would have totally gotten that wrong.
Speaker 3: She said that as a little kid, she hears you could see when shovels from the top. It just could have was because she just could have been a lot of imagination that simple. Now onto Henry Small. I had never thought about him being the one to shoot Lionel and suspect until I listened to your coverage of the episode, which led to an idea. I think he should have not been a lot of his real father at all. I thought it was interesting that they just kind of took him at his word when he got that paternity test. He could have lied to get close to the Luther's to get revenge on what it did him in the past. They would have been way better than He just couldn't handle a daughter who was already practically an adult and a wife. Yeah, that is so true as a very wasted character. Patrick Cassidy's good actor, who's on those and Clark, He's in a lot of stuff, and that's just a very odd subplot. And I wish they just, if he wasn't gonna come back at all, have him be the guy shot Lionel anyway. Lastly, Chloe's dad was clearly supposed to have died in the season four Mere episode, but they never confirmed it or mentioned him again. You confirmed they forgot they didn't kill him in season six wedding episode with Craig Sorry went on so long as always enjoyed the show. Also, Tom always wears Rocky the Movie sweatshirts or TV shirts on talk Field. That means we were friends, right Rocky from Texas? So yes, yes, I agree, So yeah, it seems to be seems to be a big Rocky fans how only is Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: There you go. Thanks thanks for that email. That's a lot of great thoughts there, Rocky.
Speaker 3: I like the Henry small stuff, the the Roswell asked Luther core thing would have been interesting with the the you know, said the mer shower, but the head generate plots for for you know, people, for him to fight and ways to make him weak. But yeah, that town would have been absolutely biliteratd.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, as we have a Facebook message from James Paul Bishop Hi, Zach, I just wanted to send you a quick congratulations on reaching the end of season nine. Look forward to what you would come up with for season ten. Although it sounds like you aren't ready aren't exactly looking forward to it. I think there's a lot to like here, particularly the Lowest and Clark relationship this season. Congrats again on the current mind Miralestone.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thanks James, and you're probably referencing at the end of Lansing I covered Salvation. I was like, and it's old own Hill from here. I mean, that's Salvation be my favorite episodes. That's kind of went more over. That meant there are a lot of There are a lot of peaks and values in season ten. I'm looking forward to them. But there are a lot of uh, fantastic episodes there. So there's there's a lot of fun to discuss and I am looking forward to it quite a bit. And and Los of Clark's relationship is one of those one of those great things.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: All right, And now we have another email from Brandon Litele. Uh season rankings. Hey, Zac and Lance and Nick big Nick, big guys, but yeah, big big again.
Speaker 3: We don't plan these names. We don't plan to have you read the ones or their name in them.
Speaker 2: So you've made it through the end of your season nine coverage and the numbers are in. I've gone through your scores and tallied up your season rankings.
Speaker 3: Once again, this is fantastic. This is this is this stetition department. We have these three department you can shout to the Corey Moore, shout out the JJ winna and again shout out to Brandon Lytel, and I was I was gonna ask him to do this if he had, and he did it, I didn't even have to ask.
Speaker 2: All right. Zoch's season rankings first season nine, second season one, third season two, fourth, season five, fifth, season three, six, season eight, seventh, season four, eighth, season seven, and ninth season six. All that's left to see is where season ten will land for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would, I would.
Speaker 3: It's interesting to see that that's based off all the ratings I gave these each episode every season and how it all calculated out. The only thing I would change here is I would I would slot it's interesting season five, Season three being right in the middle at fifth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would slap that up probably second, and then slide the other ones down, and then that's pretty much how it would rank small ble today. Yeah, so nine, three, one, two, five, eight, four, seven, six.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brandon goes on, and I've never given you mine for the fear you'll do disregard all future emails. But season rankings would go as balls. First season nine, second season ten, okay, third season four, all right, stop? Oh yeah, I see that that is a big difference fourth season two, fifth, season three, sixth, season one, seventh, season eight, eighth, season six, ninth, season seven, and tenth season five.
Speaker 1: That is pretty low for season five.
Speaker 2: H I hope you when you start season ten that you will be kind. I like some of the things you clearly don't. I like how all the main characters interact with Kat Grant Grant, and I really like most of the episodes, yes, even Isis. Thanks again for all the hard work you do. Brandon Lytel.
Speaker 3: Thanks Brandon, that's an interesting ranking ten being so high. I mean you obviously liked how the end of the season.
Speaker 1: You must have been of those less goals.
Speaker 3: That's right, honestly in season five being so low and very interesting interesting stuff. So I have an email from Corey Moore end of season nine. Hey, Zach, shout out to you Lance and your disciple Nick Ryan.
Speaker 2: Oh disciple, I like that one better disciple.
Speaker 3: Our disciple, big Nick. Great job to you and your guests for a very entertaining look at season nine. Excellent review of the Salvation episode. Every time you finish reviewing a season, I escape into a deep depression. JK lol. I don't know how I'll handle life when you finish, Winky face gonna be okay. Well, you've changed my opinion on season nine. Your positive energy and excitement for season nine, it's that quite the persuasion over me. I now upgraded the season nine from ninth place to sixth place on my season rankings. Before you get all rabid and sacrifice me to the small, little litious, let me explain. Season nine did have a nice overall season. Pot grown up and mature stuff with Leis and Clark was great. It was a set heavy season and made me miss the farm in real world location. Unfortunately, Chloe continued to be unsavory and the season held me hostage waiting for a lot of great episodes. It really only has two episodes that maybe put them on the best episode list. They were Absolute Justice and Salvation. If I was a think about on other seasons that each have five or six episodes that are true heavy hitter cf the w same way about like season like eight for example. For example, in my favorite season and best season four, it has count them eight episodes with an A grade and no spell didn't get in an A grade. Why not long live season four? I can't wait for your season ten reviews. While await for them, I'm gonna go out buy my barn and play some basketball in my jeans and boots.
Speaker 1: Loll up, up and away. No more, zot.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Corey and Janna catch it. He was weaving in season nine episode titles in that very clever way, as he often does.
Speaker 1: So thanks Corey.
Speaker 4: Indeed, all right, Next, we have an email from just Just Carrot sing Oh, I said, is that right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Email? Is the title of this is Superman costume reveal? Hi, Zach, I am just listening to your podcast reacting to the costume reveal. I wanted to put my thoughts out, so yeah, I agree. This did not excite me the way I thought it would. Initially, I thought it was a fake photo until I saw James Gunn had posted it. I wish it was. I was more excited because I really want this movie to be great, and I'm generally excited about the DCU what this before?
Speaker 5: After your comment, I do think they purposely chose this in order to generate the most conversation, though there are elements that I completely love, like the the undamaged parts on the bottom and the Kingdom cum logo.
Speaker 4: I don't really have anything to hate here, but I just wish we had one unquestioned when when it came to this movie. Anyways, I'm still very optimistic about this movie and the universe. But we shall see. Ps. You can call this movie Superman the movie if you like best Jess not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look there, I think there are a lot of wins. I think all of the casting we talked about we liked a lot. But so how you looking at that Superman suit?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like the new Stuerman suit.
Speaker 2: Nick, it looks I don't have anything to uh compare it to.
Speaker 4: That's a no. Everybody translating from translating Big Nick.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, it's just because it's you can speak your mind. Yeah, it's it's nothing special.
Speaker 3: You have nothing to compare it to. What are you talking about Superman costume?
Speaker 2: Okay, if we are comparing it to O G costumes, it is not anything that I'll want to.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Nick.
Speaker 3: That's why I have a seated this table. It's a big table too, Yeah, big table of Big Nick. The disciple Big Nick. It won't catch on door, I guess all right.
Speaker 2: Now, we got an email from Spencer car Smallville Ratings Watch, Zach. I'm a longtime listener and fan of your podcast, Always hold on to Smallville. My Smallville story is very similar to yours. I was in eighth grade when the show started in two thousand and one, and I was an avid viewer of the show all the way till it's finale in May twenty eleven, and it remains one of my all time favorite TV shows. I love the Metropolis years of the show and always felt Smallville never got it to do when it was airing in those later seasons. For these later seasons, you have been doing the ratings watch, but have said that Supernatural in particular was doing better in the ratings over Smallville. But I wasn't sure if that was correct, so I did some research comparing the ratings of Smallville against other shows. In the attached document you can find my data research and findings and conclusions. But basically, Smallville's ratings were higher than the other CW shows overall, and far far higher than the aeroverse Check out the research and see what you think. Season nine is one of my favorite seasons of Smallville, and I love the covered so far. Thank you, Up Up, and away.
Speaker 3: Spencer, thanks so much for these statistics. I guess add you to the to the Sthetition Setition team because you have some fantastic ratings breakdowns of everything, and I'm gonna put post you send me some screenshots for that, and I'm gonna post all that on our social media so people can get to see which you compile their fascinating stuff. And yes, small of them was doing great that There's a reason I ran ten years, y'all. Yes, they try to kill it off on the Friday Night desklot and it wouldn't die, so we got a nice even ten years. And yeah, the season nine to be one of your favorite seasons is great, So thanks so much, Spencer. All right, we have an email from Corey Moore Always hold on to Future. Hey, I listened to Always Hold on the Friday Night Lights and Heroes. I think I've only watched three episodes of Friday. Liked it a lot and need to start watching it. I love football and drama lol Heroes. I watch two seasons. I liked it, but need to start over from the beginning. Also, soon the wife, the oldest daughter, and myself will be watching the Arrow TV show Lance and keV can expect me to send in some thoughts on always Hold On to Arrow. I've wanted to listen to their podcast for a while now, but I've been waiting for the family to watch it with me, Up, Up and away always it on two More Stuff, that more stuff being your.
Speaker 4: Stuff, Lance, exactly, exactly. I'm excited. Speaking of my stuff, it's my turn to read the next email, which is from Brandon Litel titled not the Last Son of Krypton. Hey, Zach, I just wanted to let you know that since you've decided to not count the Candorians from season nine on your taliard on the basis of them being clones, you might need to subtract two because you did count Laura and Zarel in Blue those two were clones as well. Love the podcast and you're so close to the end. I'm impressed by your dedication and I'm sure it'll be bittersweet to finish the podcast. Sincerely, Brandon Little.
Speaker 3: Thanks Brendan, and you mentioned that, and again I know DJ doing a so a voice just about that as well, So you guys are on top of it when it comes to the Candorians and the clones and then not counting as the last sons and Daughters of Krypto.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, and now we have an email from Bethany Payne mail bag submission, Hi, Zach and co. Hey, that's me. I'm a fairly new lead listener having found you from Talkville, but I wanted to thank you for how much comfort and joy the podcast has brought me. I've been having some scary health stuff going on and I'm bedbound, and having this opportunity to hear people being excited about the thing I love has been a huge source of joy and comforting Nostalgia. Superman has been a special interest for me since watching Lois and Clark from age eight and Smallville from age nine. Unlike you and your friends, I was watching Smallville as a child with my dad and brother, not with friends. Being a girl in the UK, I didn't have friends interested in Smallville to nerd out with. As I watched season four through six of Smallville in my early teens, I lived on the Krypton site, close fanfit forms, and even did school assignments based on the show. However, when life got busy at season seven when I was fifteen, I stopped watching and hadn't watched since now. Twenty eight. I recently did a full rewatch and have absolutely fallen in love with seasons eight through ten. Having your commentary has helped me understand lots of mythology since I have no exposures on comics previously. I think I'm a bit kinder on the show based on my ignorance about the history and undying love for Klos. My favorite Patreon guest host has got to be DJ for his amazing attention to detail and thoughtful insight. My favorite semi regular host is Matt Lavin. My favorite mix of coasts was probably you, Lance, Matt and Rocca, and Requiem. I'm not going to choose between regulars. I do love the did we watch this together routine with Lance though finally, yes, finally, I am so glad that you have finally seen the light regarding Chloe. Can't wait for season ten. Please keep the episodes over two hours.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, Bethany, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what it is about that that combination, but you know me, Lance, Matt and Roca on Requiem, like, I got a lot of feedback, but that's really episode that specific combination we might have might have that combination to get come up in season ten.
Speaker 1: Well, so we'll stay too.
Speaker 3: Maybe another person will join us for that combination as well. So uh no that that that's a fun group and uh and we had a lot of fun with that one.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: The thanks for your story and uh, you know, I uh, I'm glad that. I'm glad that the podcast can provide some uh some escape for it.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean that a lot.
Speaker 3: We're entertainment, but we're also kind of there to to kind of be a companion through stuff. And I again, I I've said this a lot on on on these conversations when it comes up, and you know, I've had things that I've listened to that you know, and my you know, it's silly entertainment people talking about the show, but but also it's a nice way to just just again escape is the best way I can describe it, but escape from kind of whatever whatever you're going through, you know, just to bring a little joy. Uh, that's what it's all about. And so I'm glad we can provide that. And whatever people told me that really warns my heart. It's like, you know, what we're doing something. Let's do something good here, you know, And and and and and so I'm so glad to hear that's helped you out. And and again, don't be a stranger. And uh, and I'm glad. I'm glad you found some fans. I too, was on crypt on site back in the day, lurking around. It's so funny. Hell, lot of it were back there, and now we're kind of refining, refinding each other, are like, who are you?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: I was there mainly from season three to five, active poster and then just kind of lurked there on and off for the rest of for the rest of the show.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Have a Spotify comment from A. J. Smith on episode one A seven nine thirteen Warrior. I love listening to Zach, Lance and Nick together.
Speaker 1: Okay, big Nick.
Speaker 3: Zach clearly has deep and honest relationship with these regular colors.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 3: But the interplay between him and Matt for Warrior was podcast gold. Yeah, Matt, Matt Truggs will becoming dear friend, truly becoming a real close true friend over the course of this podcast, and our chemistry and famililarady comes across on my much in the same way three of ours do. So it's a thanks for the shout out with all of us here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank a, j I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Continuing another another Spotify comment from aj Smith, this one on episode one ninety four, which is season nine, episode twenty sacrifice. H Clark wasn't showing her the Beveritashter. Wasn't that the printouts from Virgil Swamp.
Speaker 3: This is when he's showing Feora. No, it's the veritat girl, because because like she draws the book around in it and then lois the book. I think it's just with the cliff notes of the veritach ars. This this attempt, this X Men movie level of continuity, this ship has this amazing.
Speaker 4: You are the finest investigator.
Speaker 2: Need you hate?
Speaker 3: I know right, I can't believe what drawing on that is like drawing in the Bible, draw in the veritag gerl that is sacrilege. But no, I'm ninety nine percent sure that was what Clark showed her there.
Speaker 2: And then we have an email from Jake Cleveland called favors Hi always hold on to Smallville fam. I remember you guys, saying when Clark said to Chloe, Oliver still owes me one where Chloe should have said for what, because at that time she still didn't know that Oliver was the Green Arrow. But another time, something SIMI what happens is when Perry helps Clark and Lois get their jobs back and says to Lois, tell Clark, we're even because he even helped him a few years years ago. I always felt Lois should have been more curious about the fact that Clark knew Perry and helped him enough that he felt he had to repay Clark for it. But anyways, thanks for the pod. It's helped me through some rough times.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for the email, Jake, and again people readering hey helped me through rough times.
Speaker 1: That's very hard warming to hear.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad again we can kind of be that kind of companion during tough times. And I'll just you know, everything I said earlier to Beth and I reiterate to you, Jake, So I appreciate that sentiment you communicating that.
Speaker 1: To us, and we're glad we can be there for you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as for that, you know, yeah, I that is a bottles the Green Narrow thing, because like Chloe didn't know and Clark's like, oh yeah, so I don't remember exactly what happened in that episode, but I do remember it like being like, hey, you the show thought that that everybody knew the secret, but no, everybody didn't know the secret. As for the lowest thing, I don't mind it as much because like Perry doesn't know Clark has powers, so he's like, yeah, I was in a you know, in a rough spot, and this teenage guy, Clark Kent, helped send me on my path a few years ago. Like I don't like that, didn't I don't think that required an explanation, So I wouldn't equate those two things, but it is interesting to point that out. And if there's one thing talk about, you know, we had the things that somebody asked, like missed opportunity on Smallville more Perry White please? I mean Michael McKean's in two and a half episodes if he got his voiceover in the finale, so would have been great to see more of him. All right, I have an email from Brandon Idle crisis, Hello, Zach Nick and Lance. I was just thinking about Tom Willings, Clark Kent, and chrisis on Infant Ears and its connection to Requiem in season eight of Smallville. I was fine with what they chose to do with his character in Crisis, but it blows my mind that the same people who did what they did in Requiem, which is my personal least favorite episode of the series, didn't take the opportunity to have Clark give up his powers immediately dun below us get back together with Lana.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't be radioactive.
Speaker 4: To itive radio active.
Speaker 3: The writers I know from seasons one to eight of the Marvel would have done it. Just wondering what you thought about that around the home stretch. Keep it up, Randon Lytel, Yeah, I mean that's part of the huge problem of the only reason Clark a Lota breaking up is because they physically couldn't be the getter because Kriytkinite. They didn't make a mature adult decision that hey, we're not a couple anymore, because then, of course you think, well, Lois is just default second choice. Yeah, and then if that opportunity presented itself, which is exactly haven't season eight he was gonnakiss Lewis a Lona showed up, He's oh never might I don't need more. It's a bad look Clark. The show took a while. It took a while, so that's why it took so long for them together. There they had to just repair all this damage they had done. But yeah, now in small Vell season one of the comic books, Metallo absorbs all the Kryptnite from Lana. But those are not Cannon, and I will not believe that they are.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have a five star Apple podcast review from Kitty Pixie and it says, running like a like a blur to catch up. I'm loving this podcast. Heard about talk phill first and heard you as a guest on their show, went to your show and having so much fun. Knocked out thirty episodes in about two months, and I love all the insights on the tally board. Being from Houston, Hey, what up? Stand up? I love the references and just really relate to my own experience from my smavel first watch. My middle name is named after Ilana, so I'm partial to soup. Okay, your podcast is excellent and I will blur my way to catch up. Your specials about Man of Steel and other super media is so bonus. Five stars. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Edit.
Speaker 4: It took me about a year, but I'm completely caught up and have loved all of it. I am now anxiously awaiting for the next and final season. It's been a great ride and I have found other great podcasts because of this one. Always hold on to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Maybe other great podcasts like Always on the.
Speaker 3: Aarrow maybe yeh hey cool Phil Heustonian. Yeah, and apparently you can edit an update Apple podcast review.
Speaker 2: All right now, we got a Facebook message from Jeff Gordon.
Speaker 4: Jeff go on.
Speaker 2: I spent my young adult life thirteen to nineteen living vicariously through the adventures of my favorite heroes on TV Smallville season one through five, being paramount to that. Life has gone tough of late, and I'm feeling a little lost, but always feel a bit safer and home with Smallville. Thank you for keeping it alive.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks Jeff. And again another heartfelt sentiment from a listener. And sorry feeling lost man. And hopefully we again we can provide you some joy, some laughs, you know, some some good vibes going through it. And you know we've said this before, lances of people. Everybody need somebody to talk to, We're here. Yeah, so just shoots a message, shoots an email. I know that we don't respond to things timely matter. We usually save them for the mail back. Just as a listener myself, I guess I would rather wait and oh cool they're reading my message on the air than like say hey, thanks for the email and not respond yes, but yeay if somebody sends us something with time since itv and as you the listeners out there, not that sometimes I have sent responses to things, please do so right, So we're always here, We're always willing to talk, We're happy to to chat and uh, just thanks for the messag Jeff, and don't be a stranger.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: We have another Spotify comment on Superman Special number thirty three Superman twenty twenty five update ten set photos from Jaskrits seeing who likes commenting on Spotify. Please, hey, guys, please I encourage Jaskrit's left.
Speaker 1: A few comments. Yeah, yeah, go comment on Spotify.
Speaker 3: It's fun to get more comments the episode specific stuff like that. So this time they said the problem with moving forward with Hindy Cavell, which it still would have led to a boycott from hardcore Snyder fans. I guess there is a sub section of that feels like, maybe, you know, if Henry Cavill does something that Zack Snander's up in vault with and they don't want to go support it or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I.
Speaker 3: Think Look, James Gunn was very clear that he didn't want to carry over anything from the previous universe except for all the things that he went followed with all his friends, family and TV shows and movies.
Speaker 1: Yes, because we are.
Speaker 3: We are keeping the suicide squad, keeping Amanda Waller, We're keeping peacemates and everything else is going very Yah average viewer, that is very not surprising, but also wow, how would you explain that to normal people, not like us who watch this stuff?
Speaker 2: Let me think I'm just bringing my friends.
Speaker 1: Caro Lance will explain.
Speaker 4: I mean, he could be explained with one simple question.
Speaker 1: Do you really want to? Do you really want to taste it?
Speaker 2: All? Right?
Speaker 4: So we have a Facebook message from Dave when Zach was it just me? Or did Michael not seem happy? Was that just the way it was edited? By the way, Love, you got to mention the glasses to Tom loved his middle thing finger truthful answer. I was just hoping you get to say it to Tom? What is so bad about glasses? I knew Tom's no fly stance, but why would an actor not welcome an evolution. I'd understand not being in tights, but glasses.
Speaker 3: No, Michael's just always that way on Tokville, y'all. That's just how he hits talked about. It's, you know, and I would have loved to unpack you know, that answer more with Tom. That was kind of my last minute out the door question. Yeah, uh there. So I was just happy that I got the answer I did, and you know, Tom puts some more thought into it. I mean, that's an episode that's like a couple of seasons away, and he specifically remember that. And I always had always and I of course concourage you ever going to go check out my apparents on my latest appearance on Talk because I've been a flaid it once Hidden season five, episode three, and I took that opportunity to say, Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Michael, you're wearing glasses right now, Tom, You're not.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you do you know, did they ever ask you to wear glasses that you do not want to wear glasses? And he and he told the story that he tells and he intentionally pushed his glasses up the middle finger in a scene. I've seen some discourse about that on Reddit.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 3: I got read thread about it. Somebody started like this question right, and somebody said, huh, I wonder why the director of the episode didn't notice that and stop him. And of course the joke is Tom directed that episode.
Speaker 1: So no stuff. And you know what, I kind of it's like, you know what, it's his.
Speaker 3: Thing, it's and he gave us thirty seconds a season with classes basically, and he just ates classes. And I always expected you did, and that was so cool to get that answer. But no, Michael is just always that way, at least these days on Talk Fville. Let's buy my my read of it. It was great to be on again and talk to both of them, and I appreciate all the time they give me and getting to interact with them for a little bit. But but yeah, that's just that's the nothing out of ordinary for Michael as far as I as far as I've seen on talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, and now we have another email from Maurice.
Speaker 1: People call me Maurice, yo.
Speaker 2: That's from No, I don't he'll be etance.
Speaker 4: He's on his own.
Speaker 2: Long time.
Speaker 1: I'm a joker. I'm a midnight tooker. Oh that's my music on the run or whatever mess.
Speaker 2: How does it feel? Zach emails titled long Time No Readay Zach, Lance and Fam. How's it going since you've taken a super extended break for Smallville. I've been getting my fix in at Always hold on to Arrow with Lance and keV. Oh really shout out to Lance and keV for having the best Arrow podcast, where they also review Hallmark and movies that may may or may not have to do with Arrow. I just finished the episode on Scream six, so I have some catching up to do. I'll email them soon. Anyhoo, what did you guys think about the new DCAU Crisis Unfitted Earth's trilogy? Do you think Batman will ever get the blue and gray suit and live action? Who do you think has the best anime rivalry? Goku versus Vegeta, Decu versus Baku go U Gi versus Setto Hero versus x Dom versus Master Asia. Feel free to comment on those others that I missed. PS. Michael wasn't too happy when you said you like season nine now was hilarious. I felt your enthusiasm for the show until the next battle bag your fan, Maurice.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll take someone to Lance you you can take some of these other ones. Yes, I don't have the answer to as you know I did. I have yet to watch the DCAU Crisis, so well, it's not really d c a U.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's ya.
Speaker 3: That's it's that's that's a separate DCU is his own thing. I understand what you're saying. The animated christ On Infernerse trilogy. Yeah, and I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 4: I just haven't.
Speaker 1: Gotten to it. I know.
Speaker 3: There's like I was really excited it was gonna be like, uh Wilferdell and Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, but I mean they're all in it for like two minutes eas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: I haven't really been watching the Tomorrow Verse, That's what that is.
Speaker 3: Right, So well, I thought about watching it, new a Superman special on it, but it's like I found that, like you know what podcast see, it takes time, takes work. I'm like, I'm not gonna do thing some like excited or passionate about and eventually we'll.
Speaker 1: Probably talk about at some point, but no, I have you watched him?
Speaker 2: We know Nick has it, so yeah, wait, which one is infinite earths.
Speaker 3: That it just came out. Okay, Yeah, it's a three part thing that just came out. So anyway, so that's something. Uh. Do you think Batman will ever get the blue and gray susent life action?
Speaker 4: Unfortunate unfortunately had it.
Speaker 3: It was in the flash and it looks terrible now. Regardless of that, Adam West had it and that was of a certain kind and for that it was great. It seems like something that James Gun might do. But I have no interest in seeing the Batman and the Gun verse because I want the Batman.
Speaker 1: I want the Matt Reeves Batman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't want this other silly Batman who's he's gonna have.
Speaker 1: Damian Wade is ravin.
Speaker 3: Uh, but I don't know what do you think Lancy would Would the Batman brave in the bowl of that movie happens?
Speaker 1: Will he be blue and gray?
Speaker 4: It wouldn't surprise me if he was.
Speaker 3: If nothing else to different differentiate, Yes, for that purpose, and I'll let you take him with three.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The best anime rivalry to me, it's Goku and Vegeta Deku and Baku go Ugi and setto was interesting. It gave us some very interesting and very cool fun memes. They like the Ugi and Cetto stuff is really good, like memewise.
Speaker 2: But I have money, it should have been me not.
Speaker 4: I used that a lot.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Hero z X was good, but I don't know. They weren't really rivals per se. They were like they're kind of ops to each other in certain situations and then don't know, versus Master Asia, it's not it.
Speaker 2: Would you well go Coo versus Vegeta became a rivalry to a friendship, and I think that's really.
Speaker 4: But they still maintained but they are trying to each other, which is it's a consistent thing that that lasts the entire show and continue still that's the that's the iconic thing that those two for sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your question.
Speaker 3: Now you're ps here about Michael not being too happy, but I said, I like season nine, I thought he might react that way. So I was very pleased to get a rise because no, see you couldn't see it because it said it, and when I'm on there, I see everybody.
Speaker 1: So Tom was laughing at that because I see it.
Speaker 3: I know Tom gets gets a kick out of like like even I was like, hey, it's almost ten years Tom, right, Yeah, because whenever Michael's like for seven years and Michael's like, well, ten years. It's it's it's funny that that Tom always like points out like, well I was there for ten right versus the seven Anyway, that's why because it was season five and I, like, I've said here when I was on there, I said, you know, when I was watching the show, season five, I would have said, he was season five is my favorite season. I was like, yeah, like yeah, Alan Miles, the creator of the show, have said that, and I said season three is a great season, Season ninth, great season.
Speaker 2: Well, season no, I it wasn't in that, how dare you?
Speaker 3: And I said, I'm looking for you guys get in there. I'm not, which I think that's why people.
Speaker 1: Get the upset.
Speaker 3: But that's how he is on top Philly. Also, anyway, I'm glad people respondible all that. So so thank thanks Maris. Thanks for pointing those things out.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Email from Alan Donahue, long time no read, Hey, Zach Lance and the guy who abandoned Small.
Speaker 2: I still have one more season to catch up. So one more season, I mean, you've had this show and catch up, you know.
Speaker 3: People email me all the times like oh it's the whole show in a couple of months.
Speaker 1: You you've had eight years, I know.
Speaker 2: I keep reading that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, some of my favorite episodes have always gone the Star Wars shout out to those guys or the draft episodes. I was wondering if you ever considered the format for the Smallville pod. It would be awesome to hear you, guys, draft seasons of the show, book adaptations, Freaks of the Week, Superman based guest stars, et cetera, and other elements. Hope to see this in the future. I don't think we'll do that in particular format, Alan, but we do have some fun stuff that that's you know, obviously we're gonna wrap up our episode by episode coverage, but the podcast is going to continue in different forms and fashions, and so we'll have some fun stuff for every body then. So, but yeah, shout out to the always on the Star Wars guys. Yes, I know sometimes they feel like they don't get all the love that some of the other shows get. Yes, make sure, uh you know those guys there that they set out to cover canon the new Candon of Star Wars. Right, The problem is all this new stuff keeps coming out and it's really thrown off their moment because they're covering in week to week and it's it's a grind to do stuff like that. Sure, So so shout out to those guys, and if you're looking for some positive, level headed Star Wars conversation, I highly recommend always on.
Speaker 1: The Star Wars.
Speaker 4: Indeed. All right, Next, we have a Facebook message from Josh Duncan as someone who's a huge Smovel fan. Have you ever found a show that gave you the same vibe or something else you would recommend to people? If you're someone that loves Smavel as much as I do, I probably gonna like what else you connect with?
Speaker 3: Well, Lance, you might answer this better than me. But the only thing that I could really immediately identified with like this Merlin. Yeah, I watched some I think what we watched?
Speaker 1: What the first season?
Speaker 3: I watched all of that scattering of episodes. Now you stuck with the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I did, and uh four seasons?
Speaker 1: That was it? Yeah, always on to Merlin. What do you say?
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever watched it. That'd be really interesting to have about the person now.
Speaker 3: But but you understand why you say that though, because I'm like, oh, this is like British small Ville. It's like he his best friend is is King Arthur Merlin's the main character. He looks just like a British clerk. He has like a blue shirt and a red scarf.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he has to hide his magic from from Arthur.
Speaker 3: He goes to a cave to talk to a dragon, much like the Quatch Kids.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of all, No, I know there's lots of other shows and like superhero shows.
Speaker 4: Le Lu's in it, from freaking Leena Luthor.
Speaker 3: From Supergirls in it. So that's my answer. Now, I haven't seen the whole thing, but like nothing else has just slapped me in the faces like this is small Ville.
Speaker 1: Yeah that would you agree?
Speaker 4: No, that's that's pretty spot on.
Speaker 3: And it's on a lot of streaming service and when I'm not you know, dated with television shows like m right now, I might check it out. Always saw on the Marlin puting on the list of the shows that we probably never do as a podcast because sometimes it's.
Speaker 1: Just nice to watch stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, agree, I mean, but also.
Speaker 3: It's fun, like all we're gonna watch this, we're gonna talk about it's a different joy.
Speaker 1: It is it's a different joy all right.
Speaker 2: Now we have an email from Joshua EM's Smallville. Hey, Zach, Lance, Nick Ryan, et cetera. As an update, I'm finally caught up on the podcast and I've finished watching the show. I now just watch as you release episodes, and I've just got into the habit of listening to you after Talkville updates. I enjoyed hearing you on again. Glad you got to ask them about where the name of your podcast comes from. I knew Michael wouldn't know, and wasn't surprised as that Tom new I always walk away knowing more from your podcast than theirs. But their point of view is nice as well, even though I think it's pretty obvious that Rosenbaum doesn't the show very much. Anyway. Hope all is well, enjoying that Houston humidity, Oh man, Yes we are. It'll be interesting to see how your Astros and my Dodgers do this season.
Speaker 1: Oh, your Dodgers.
Speaker 3: So I thought we were friends, Josh, Josh, Thanks Josh, you know it would be great. Is kind of the series finale for the Astros dynasty here if we played you guys in the world series and beat you again, I would love to see that. Unfortunately, I don't think you guys are gonna get out the first or second round the playoffs, despite how many billions of dollars. So how do you get show you Tony and are somehow worse? That's all I need to do. So anyway, I say that with love, Josh. I appreciate your email, and it's all good fun and really, you know what, we can have some fun much back and forth to the Astros in a playing the Dodgers again of the playoffs. I would look forward to that. But like Chris freeks to be Yankees fan. So it's it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: We talked. We took our smack as well.
Speaker 3: It's fun to have friends who are fans of the other teams and kind of give you that extra level of investment in these in these matchups, even more.
Speaker 1: So than usual.
Speaker 3: All Right, we have an email from Tarn and Hammel titled Mailbag twenty twenty four. Greetings, Programs. I've been a long time listener, and while we've interacted a few times over Twitter, I figured I finally sent in a letter for the mailbag so I can congratulate you in your wonderful co host on finally reaching it to season ten. One of my favorite things about listening to your show is hearing the smallvel journey each guest has gone on, so I thought i'd share my own. I've been a lifelong small move fan. I was lucky enough to grow up with the DCAU cartoons. In the first Chris to Reef movie. Along with Superman Returns, I eventually discovered reruns of Lois and Clark airing every night on a channel in the UK called IV two. This show further strengthened my love for the character and his ensemble. I remember sitting down one night hoping to find out what happened after a Cliffhanger had left a baby on Lois and Clark' storre step, only to find metamorphouss.
Speaker 1: Well. I'd been waiting for a resolution to that Lows and Clark Cliffhanger. In some ways, I'm still waiting.
Speaker 3: I happily latched onto this young Superman show that I'd always been curious about. Before this, I caught glimpses of the show, such as the ending of Jinks or the middle parts of episodes like Mortal and Subterranean, but this is my first time watching the show consistently. The colorful box art and the DVD's off DVDs always caught my eye, and anytime I'd spot them in the wild too. ITV two unfortunately only heared the first three seasons of Smallville, and then not even the complete seasons, as it was many years before I even watched the pilot or the finale to season three. I wanted to watch more and bought season five on DVD. Of course, I had no idea until much later what seasons I'd seen up until that point, and so had to guess alast. That seemed to me the end for a few years, until I stumbled upon the Legion episode of season eight. While it was almost the death of Zach's interest in the show, season eight reunited my love for Smallville, and as one of the reasons I have such a fondness for it. After I went back and watched the rest of that season, I caught up on all the others just in time to see the premiere of season nine, and I was able to catch the last few years of the show as it aired. Now I love to talk about how I discovered you guys. This email has gone on long enough, and I think I'll save that story for next time. Thanks for hearing me ramble, and I'm looking forward to the new season of content. All the best, Tea, Hammel Well, thanks for writing in. And yeah, we've interacted on Twitter quite a few times over the years, and and I know that that's a fun story. Everybody has a different journey to small and that's that's certainly a new unique one. I can't imagine just just getting random episodes. And I mean we're so spoilt today, right, I mean, in this day and age, everything is streaming everywhere. But even even not too long ago, guys, it wasn't that easy. So yeah, I really really appreciate email their tea Hammle. All right, Lance, we have the final message, all right of the mailbag, and I'm trusting you to read it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I appreciate it. I appreciate your trust. All right. It is from mister Keith falls Uh titled mailbag episode for the actual number one Smallville Rewatch podcast. You know what, I agree with that already.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 4: I like the actual number one small Vil Rewatch podcast. Dear Zach and Lance, if he's there, I am, I'm reading the email.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: First, I want to apologize for the novel I'm about to write, but I feel like I need to give some context first. I've been listening to the pod since you posted your episode on Legacy. I found it after Craig from krypton site shared the link for it, and I haven't looked back since. I'm able to listen at work and binge all your episodes and was caught up by the time you got to Covenant that first time. Having to wait for a new episode made for a long week lol. Smallvill has always been had a special place in my heart. I started watching the pilot with my parents when back when a premiere in two thousand and one. I had some experience with Superman though the animated through the animated series, but was a huge Batman van as a kid. That hasn't changed Rip Kevin Conray, I was hooked after the pilot. We'd watch it every week together as a family. We had a special dinner that we would make and everything. Tempest was my first experience with a proper season finale, and eleven year old me was not prepared for the three month break in between seasons. I learned the hard way that that summer I was an only child, and in season two, when Martha was pregnant, my mom was pregnant with my little sister at the same time. It really made me connect even more with the show. I was going to be a big brother, just like Clark was. Thankfully we had a happier ending than the kids. She was a happy, healthy baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It started to get worried there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, right. And she was born on the highs between Fever and Rosetta, so we didn't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that they were born.
Speaker 4: That's good. Then all four of us sat down to watch as a family, as often family issues, but I never missed an episode until I graduated high school. It was safe here by the way. We all watched the finale together though, and even if I was a little disappointed Tom didn't wear the suit, we never had a chance. I liked it and things really came full circle for me on October sixteenth, twenty twenty one, when I was at Smallville Nights with Tom and Michael on the twentieth anniversary of the premiere. Ten year old me would wouldn't have believed I'd be in the same room as Clark Kent and Lex Luthor twenty years later. I even got them to sign my season one DVD set.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Oh that wasn't long winded, but I get told sometimes that I tell long stories. With that being said, I just wanted to say thank you. I love being able to turn on an episode and listen to good discussions and debate with people who also have a love for the show. Even with the not so good episodes of Smallville Sleeper the absolute worst says down there, I'm always looking forward to hearing your episode about it. It always feels like I'm sitting down with a bunch of friends to talk Marvel or Arrow. Shout out to Lance and keV shout out. I appreciate it and have a good time even though I'm just listening, even if my opinion on the episode differs from Zach and the guest almost all bes for Requiem question market that was wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good Anthony MLF.
Speaker 4: I know, Look, we had a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a still sucks.
Speaker 4: We had a good time. I think that's what it was. We're just we're just vibing, man, You're just vibing. I love seeing another perspective on the show. Some days I'll listen in the car after a rough day and after laughing at something you guys were joking about or poking fun at one of the goofy decisions on uh that Smallville would make. Some times, I'll be in a better mood by the time I get home. I've thought about riding in for other mailback episodes for both Smallville and Arrow, but I feel like i'd ramble on and usually see the mailbag come out before I ride in. I'm going to wrap up before I ramble on any further. Thank you for the hard work and dedication you put into doing the podcast for almost a decade, and the countless hours of enjoyment and laughs I've had listening. Always hold on to Smallville and Always hold on to Arrow are my two favorite podcasts, and there all are an A plus and a bullseye and three roses. That's the most. That's the worst rating system.
Speaker 1: By the way, argue with that.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for keep kicking gass. Keith, Well, thank you, Keith.
Speaker 1: That's a great message. Keith.
Speaker 4: Don't feel bad about what you think you might think we might think about writing in. Feel free to email in you emailed here email Always hold out an arrow too. We'd love to hear your thoughts on an arrow as well.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's a great message. End on me.
Speaker 3: And again that's uh, you know, kind of the mission stave of this podcast was like we're all sitting around the lunch table talking with our friends, right, that's kind of bringing back bringing back that vibe. And truly, you know, I have a big great friends doing this, and it's always fun to interact with listeners.
Speaker 1: And it's a two way street, you know.
Speaker 3: And and you know, I say like, yeah, we still do it if we don't know any listeners, I mean we would, but it wouldn't be nearest as fun. So uh no, that's that's a great one to That's a great one to end on Keith. And I really appreciate it. And I recognize you've comment on things in our social media and so before. So thanks for writing in it. Don't be a stranger.
Speaker 1: You keep writing in.
Speaker 3: I encourage everybody, you know what I mean, long short, you know, anything you want to share, just just right in. It's it's always fun to see these come through the inbox, and it's fun of ust all reading together. And and yeah, that's that's a great. H that's a great one to end on. So we don't plan it this way is how it all shakes out. So yeah, that's gonna wrap it up for mail Bag thirteen, Part two, Part two. The lance of people want to find you out there online? Where can they find you?
Speaker 4: They can find me at Sir Lance Laster on all of my social media's and you can find me talking about all the things that make Arrow arrow on Always hold on to Arrow, And you can find myself and keV on Twitter at Do Not.
Speaker 2: Fail Our Pod and you guys can find me on Twitter at Nick Ryan or Instagram at Nick Ryan dot jpg.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this mail bag.
Speaker 3: We'll all assemblag in for the next mail bag, whatever that might be. But until next time, Always hold on This small Fill, Always hold on to Smallville is part of the Always Hold Onto network of podcasts and brought to you by listeners like you, Chris Fuchs, Cavante, Chillis, Joey Deenberg, DJ dewinna Isaiah Goodrich, Cory Moore, Nathan Ropatcher, Ative Shek, Thomas Navin, John Curcio, Andrew Parker, Madame Rouge, Marketz Foppin Patricia Carrillo, Michael Hartford, Jim Crawford, Casey Vosh, Macon Rich, Ruiy Humphrey, Alex Hamilton, Matt Douglas, Daniel Curiel, James b Onyx, Travis Hole, Tanner, Stipe, Nathan McKenzie, Steve Rodgers, Molly Fickerella, James Lee, Joe Michael, Jason Davis, Patrick Bravo, Jacob Stevenhart, Dona Bias, Tay Tay, Meryl Smith, John Bob, Darren, kirsht Dylandi and Nick crime Bagdoza, Eddie Bissell, Jim Thomas, Clunk, Kent, Nicholas Fansler, John Long, Ruth and Cruz, Travis Kill, Mike Thomas, Tina b Nicholas Cosso, Jared Gibbs, Anthony Anderson, jas And mcgilly, Keith Falls, Rob O'Connor, James Hart, Anthony Desciato, Crystal Cross, Jake c John Sweitzer, Karen Kumar and Lorenzo Valdez. Thank you so much to all these patrons and YouTube can become a patron at going to patreon dot com. Slash always Maulville with one S hope to see you there always solong to. Smallville's theme music is by Lance Laster, and our podcast art is by Tom Gurky. You can follow us on Twitter at always Maulville with one S, You can find us on Facebook at always hold on to Smallville, and you can send us an email at always Maulville at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Once again, with one S, thanks for listening.