Speaker 1: One thing about this gem is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's I love writing these guys after the shows and just thank you me are.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire.
Speaker 6: This is world champion Dodgers, world championing.
Speaker 5: For a small salt time they get a people what they want to die too? In a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con this ball go on?
Speaker 7: You ready to show held?
Speaker 2: Go to South grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 5: I'll come to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Basse. Welcome to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: David Basse, with you until eight thirty tonight right here on a five seventy LA Sports. After the Dodgers fall to the Astros for the second straight game today, the final score six to four, and like I said after last night's game, I know it was skewed. It was not the Dodgers' best pitchers last night, as the Astros beat them up eighteen to one, including a ten run sixth inning against Noah Davis.
Speaker 5: Today just again proves.
Speaker 6: That this is the best team the Dodgers have played. And the reality is the Astros are red hot. They're the best team with the best records since June first. The Dodgers are not playing well. That was evident right now, and even Dave Roberts gave us a warning during that White Sox series. Even though the Dodgers swept the White Sox, they took two out of three in Kansas City, they swept the Rockies, we all know those teams are nowhere near the caliber of team the Astros are. So if you're gonna make defensive mistakes, you're gonna make base running mistakes, You're going to make sequencing mistakes behind the player, the Astros are going to make you pay for it. And that's exactly what they did. Miguel Roja so rough day early at third base today, he made a key error in the third inning. He also couldn't turn sure inning ending double play in the fourth inning. He did make up for it with a two run home run. And of course we talked about it, and I don't want to keep harping on it.
Speaker 5: Because Mooki is such a great player.
Speaker 6: He has done so many good things since he got here in twenty twenty, but this has not been a Mookie Betts caliber season.
Speaker 5: And I'm not buying that it's shortstop.
Speaker 6: Because he hit really well last year the first half of the season playing shortstop and putting in way more effort in time to play catch up to play that position, but hitting two forty nine and an ops of seven to eighteen, not to mention in his last thirty games, just nonexistent offense up until recently. You look at what he's done in his last thirty games, two thirty five batting average, two ninety two on base a three seventy slugging percentage.
Speaker 5: That's just not Mookie Betts.
Speaker 6: So I said this earlier in the homestand I'm a big advocate for Mooki Bets not to be voted in by the players or coaches to be one of the backup shortstops on this year's National League team. And quite honestly, I don't believe he's been better than Lindor or even Elie de la Cruz this year. I mean, that's the reality. Uh, that is the reality. But the season's not over and it's not made or broken at the All Star break or by making an All Star team. I firmly believe Mookie Bets is going to have a monster second half. In fact, MOOKI loves the month of August, and I would expect a big July, a big August, and a big run towards October.
Speaker 5: But today, because of everything that I just.
Speaker 6: Said about his season so far, in the seventh inning, Mookie Betts tried to do too much and tried to make up for the last thirty games or forty games by trying to go from second to third.
Speaker 5: That just wasn't the right decision, and he knew it.
Speaker 6: If you saw the replay and the Fox cameras on him in the dugout, he knew it.
Speaker 5: He knew he made a mistake.
Speaker 6: And I would expect for that same situation not to happen again this year because he's the tying run. He got a gift, a gift passed to second base because that should have been an out in left field that should have been caught by Cooper Hummel. So he should have just taken the gift and stood at second base. Muki has said this time and time again, he's not that fast. Yeah, you're not fast enough to get from home to third base on a ball to the wall in left field, and they made a great play to get the relay in.
Speaker 5: And it just wasn't a good play and Mooki knew it.
Speaker 6: But in that sweet sequence of events, Mooki thrown out, you don't have the time run on base. And then in the eighth inning, Altuve hits a rocket off the low base of the short wall in left field and keyk can't come up with it. You know, I'm not gonna say Kei K misplayed that completely. You could obviously tell when he was standing out there he was upset with himself because he felt like he should have played it better and maybe played the Karen better. All right, but that's also led to Altuve being at third base and scoring on a sack fly, So you had a big extra run there by the Astros after Mooki was thrown out to lead off the seventh inning. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Mookie Betts hoop?
Speaker 1: Is that just on that one where you're going for third, just kind of misreading the thrower.
Speaker 2: Not ready to throw it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Uh, when I was running, I was just like, if he throws it and if I see it not going towards their base, because it.
Speaker 1: Was more towards shortstops.
Speaker 5: So that's why I just kept going because.
Speaker 4: I figure behind him usually their base and has lined up to third, but he wasn't in line with their so's a mysterad for sure.
Speaker 1: Quacking when you see what what Connor is able to do with just two innings and glasshows coming, Snow's coming? How couldes that feel for the second half when you guys are already holding the best record.
Speaker 5: Base, Uh, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: We got we gotta finish off.
Speaker 8: We've been we both in healthy for like a week.
Speaker 5: So you're asking him about Otani.
Speaker 1: Being able to just drive the ball a little bit more of the last couple of days that reflected as something you found at the plate or we'll see. I mean every time every time you guys a best and this question, I would go for twenty next.
Speaker 8: So we'll see.
Speaker 3: It with mar Burns.
Speaker 5: All right, there's mookie bats.
Speaker 6: Audio quality not great sports in La off today, Fox Sports in the house, So we procure that audio from one of those riders. I mean, come on You're really gonna ask him about Otani after this type of game. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number coming up In ten minutes you'll hear from blake'snew He gave us an update on where things are out with him after throwing the hitters for two innings today. Let's go out to Jackie, who is at Dodgers Stadium today. Hi, Jackie, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 9: Hello, how are you.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I don't like losing back to back games the way the Dodgers have to the Astros.
Speaker 5: Jackie, I'm just keeping it real well.
Speaker 9: I can respect that, but I'm pretty pretty good. I caught show Hay sun in the ninth today, so that was pretty lucky for me.
Speaker 5: What did you catch?
Speaker 9: I caught show Hay's follow ball in the ninth.
Speaker 8: Game.
Speaker 2: Oh cool?
Speaker 5: I wish it was a home run here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, I've got a question for you. I've become a huge Andy Pajes fan. Do you think he's gonna make the All Star team.
Speaker 6: That's a great question, Jackie. It's gonna be tough. He's gonna need an injury, I think to get on the All star reserves because having two cubs voted in and then Ronald ducunya Junior, So you got pcro Armstrong, Kyle Tucker and ronald'cunya junior as your starters. That means Juan Soto and James Wood are going to be reserves and Corbyn Carroll just came back. Ken Rosenthal was telling me he had like a bone ship in his left or right wrist, and he came back or is coming back, and he's had a great year, so he may be voted on. And if he's gonna sit it out, that would open the door for Paz and then we go back to every team having to be represented. Kyle Stowers of the marl is having a really good year among National League outfielders, so those would be your seven. And right now Pa has needs some help. All right, Thanks for the phone call. She caught a foul ball. Wasn't sure if it was a clean catch or it bounced a couple of times and it came to her.
Speaker 5: But that's always cool.
Speaker 6: You went home with a ball that Shoel Tani fouled off. Let's go out to west Lake Village. David, you're on Dodger Talk and I wasn't being sarcastic.
Speaker 5: That is exciting. How you doing, David?
Speaker 8: I'm I could be better, dv. I'm I'm a lifelong Dodger fan who hates to lose, and when they lose to the Astros, it make my blood boil. I had to take a walk in the park to calm down. I'm better now, but I gotta be honest. You know, the defense of this team, to me, is the biggest issue. And I'm sure this is going to fall upon deaf ears. But you know Mookie Betts, who is you know, categorized as the best team player and will do anything to help the team win. Does he understand that him playing shortstop makes the team weaker because the outfield is weaker when he's not out there. The outfield is slow when he's not out there. Tayo looks super uncomfortable in right field. He can't track the ball, his body language is terrible. Pa Haz, who has the strongest arm on the team, should be in right field if Muki doesn't want to do it. But I'm telling you, Luki and right, Paz in center and Tayo and left is gives the Dodgers the best chance to win another World Series. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They won the World Series with Tao and left and Luky and right. Why why does Luki have to play shortstop? I don't care if he's above average? Freddie srumen Dale's you want.
Speaker 3: To hear me?
Speaker 6: What do you want to hear the answer and the thought process behind it. Sure, Miguel Rojas is another year older. I mean you can't run him out there every day. You could have a combination of Rojas, Kim and Tommy Edmond at shortstop, but now you need Rojas and Edmund to rotate at third base with the injury to Max Munsey. And what are you gonna do with Michael Conforto, who all of a sudden is starting to find it now. The reason why Taoscar Hernandez looks uncomfortable is I would venture to say he's not one hundred percent and his growing adductor that he went on the il with in May is probably limiting his range out there.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: The argument would be David more than saying Mookie should go back to right field, and I wouldn't argue against that, But really what your argument should be is Taoscar Hernandez should go on the IL, get an extended break, and be healthy for the second half of the season.
Speaker 8: So why isn't he going on the IL?
Speaker 5: Great question, I don't have the answer.
Speaker 6: Well, I thank you for the phone call. That was too long of a dramatic pause. I thought you were done. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Look, I know on games like this, the default frustrated answer is going to be why is Mookie Betts playing shortstop? You can't ask that question after every loss and never bring it up when the Dodgers win. As of now, this is the best alignment for the Dodgers, especially with the injury to Muncie. Now I agree, and Dave Roberts even conceded this. In Kansas City, which is the biggest outfield in baseball, Confordo and Taascar Hernandez cannot cover a lot. You don't have a lot of range in the corners when those two guys are out there, no doubt about it. But the Dodgers have the best record in baseball by one game.
Speaker 5: With all that being said, so.
Speaker 6: You know, by the time October rolls around, I would imagine that they will have that outfield defense figured out, and they may figure it out at the trade deadline. Everybody's so fixated on pitching. I still believe the Dodgers are going to be looking for an outfielder. Eight six sieven two five seventy is the phone number. Astros beat the Dodgers six to four today. Let's go out to Newport Beach. Ken, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Ken?
Speaker 3: I mean, David so a couple of things. I didn't get a chance of call yesterday because I was out of town. But Dave started a pitcher that now in his last three games, which is ten inning, has given up fifteen runs, twenty five hits, and there was just one after another throwing them out there until all of a sudden you have a record for the most runs given them.
Speaker 5: Was that was Noah Davis in the sixth inning. And yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Don't get those type of things because you know, usually after five runs you take a picture out. But nonetheless, yeah, that Experius was tipping Bank. Asparius was tipping, He's going to go back to the role where he is best suited for.
Speaker 5: So that's a mood point at this on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but It was embarrassing, especially when you're only got a lot of people there for fourth of July. Now, today was another thing that I'm a little confused about. First off, you've got some dollyes on aren't hitting. You mentioned Toss Grnandez last fifteen games is hitting one fifty two and o'tani last ten games is hitting two hundred. So here's what I don't get. Obviously, the mookie thing, that's a the time he's done that well with no outs, he's tried to get to third base and got thrown out. Those things happen, and maybe he thinks he's faster than he is. But in the ninth inning, when you're trying to make a comeback, Dave Hinch hits four. The only guy hitting the ball hard, which was Ruy's, and he was going to bring his left fielder, who's hitting one to seventy in. Well, Denny changed and brought a guy in who's brand new. He's been up twice for the Dodgers. He hasn't even hit a foul ball. Instead of leaving the guy Rudy, who's the guy hitting the ball. I mean, let's let's face it, Houston's really good. I mean, they're seventeen and five in the last twenty two games, and they're well, yeah, cloth they're.
Speaker 6: The best team, but either the best team the Dodgers have played this year and look that's not whereas yeah, well.
Speaker 5: I don't believe how he can't make this.
Speaker 6: Okay, I didn't like burning three players in the in the eighth inning.
Speaker 5: That's where you're talking about. It went from Rojas to Conforto to Ruiz.
Speaker 6: So when they brought in Hayter, Dave Roberts did not want Confordo facing him, and I could I can understand that thanks to the phone call, can appreciate it feels like you're a couple of steps behind on what's taken place here the first two games of the series. And look, I don't believe that's the reason why the Dodgers lost the game that Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: Brought in Conforto then brought in.
Speaker 6: Ruiz to face Josh Hater, who is one of the best closers again this year, twenty five freaking saves for Josh Hater. I mean, come on, And by the way, he was considering signing with the Dodgers two off seasons ago, but chose to go with the ninety million upfront from the Astros. Eight six six nine to eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Phil who was at Dodgers Stadium today. I Phil, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Hey David, thanks for saving my call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no problem. So I was.
Speaker 4: I was at the game, and I just so happened to be sitting in the Houston Astros friends and family section. So I'm not gonna lie that made it a little extra painful throughout the game.
Speaker 3: But uh, show.
Speaker 5: Him, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea, but but showho Tani was incredible. I think he started off the game just it just it seemed like all of his pitches off speed, fastball, everything was just awesome. So I walk away excited about that. The question that I have for you is, I mean, Miguil Rojas, It's kind of like two things are going on. He struggled fielding, but he's been awesome hitting and Robleski, you know, obviously was a little frustrating with his, uh his pitching. So I've heard you talk about Kasparius before the game, the role that he's going to settle back into. So I guess, just to leave off the questions I have is what do you think the Dodgers will do at third base until Monkey comes back? And then what do you think Robleski's role will be moving forward? Because I know he had such a great start last time, but then today was obviously a little shaky and scary. But those are my thoughts. Thank you so much for taking my call, David.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no problem, Phil. It might be Robleski now piggybacking Otani. He may be the guy that comes in after Otani after what we saw today, and look, Robleski was good. After the third inning, a misplay by Rojas that cost him a couple of runs gave the Astros extra outs, and also the predictable sequencing they called eighth straight fastballs and then first pitch to du Bond they go slider. I mean, I just didn't understand the pitch sequencing in that inning, and it seemed like they got on the same page after that. But I still believe in he has a role in these type of situations. And as far as what the Dodgers plan to do at third base, it's going to be a combination of Miguel Rojas, Key k Hernandez.
Speaker 5: And Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 6: I would love to see key K Hernandez get another runway the way he did last year when Munsey was out. I know he didn't hit great, but I like this plan of rotating these three guys. But I certainly would do a lot more of Edmund. And you know I shouldn't say that I would. I would say Edmund Rojas Key K is the right trio because Rojas has been a very good regular season player for the Dodgers the last couple of years. Eight six, six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, well check in with Jose Mota. Also, you'll hear from Blake Snell, who gave us an update on how he's feeling after throwing to hit us for two innings today at Dodgers Stadium. Also, Blake Trinon did the same and Tryon's feeling good, he told Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: He is extremely extremely close.
Speaker 6: So there's a very good chance you could see Blake trining right after the All Star break or a couple of weeks after that.
Speaker 5: So that's great news.
Speaker 6: More Dodger Talk live from Dodgers Stadium around the corner after the Astros beat the Dodgers six to four on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 8: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassan in.
Speaker 8: The last twenty two games.
Speaker 5: Gets the ball in the air left field. This is deep, this is back toward the wall. It is gone.
Speaker 7: Has Mookie Betts found the power stroke a solo home run? He celebrates between second and third. Hello, high five from gino Ebol. He's coming home and given the Dodgers they won nothing.
Speaker 6: Lead hooky bet showing signs of life with the bat during the home stand here at Dodgers Stadium. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, as the Dodgers fall to the Astros six to four. This is Dodger Talk David Vassey live at Dodgers Stadium with you until the bottom of the hour. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LAS sports dot Com. Use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game.
Speaker 5: Daniels Jewelers own the dream. It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota. All right, Jose Mota. Last night was ugly.
Speaker 6: Today it was costly mistakes for the Dodgers. I felt like, as much as the Astros won the game, the Dodgers beat themselves in many ways.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we've got the conversation all the way through the spring training. I said, how do you beat the Dodgers? Well, who can beat the Dodgers? The Dodgers can beat the Dodgers. And that is what we saw today from the pitching and relief by Rubleski. No matter what we said about the mistakes were made against teams like the Astros, against teams that are elite teams, you're going to be exposed a little bit more because everything's going to cost a little bit more too. But if you avoid a beginning in the fourth inning, we're not even talking as highly or is weighted with the mistakes that may. But for sure, you got to play cleaner baseball all the way around, starting with the guy on the mound where it always falls.
Speaker 6: Jose, do you believe that this is the best team the Dodgers have seen this year?
Speaker 2: It is the best team in many ways. The deepest lineup, the grinding lineup, they can for power, they put the ball in play, and then the starting pitching. I mean they strike out a lot of people, obviously more than anybody in baseball per game. They don't walk a lot of guys. They are three walks nine innings. So that just tells you about how good they are through their you know, thirty men staff, and then with a lineup that parentis who's at a thirty homeer guy betting lead up because he averages four point four pitches per play appearance, and that's things that you're sacrificed him because you know it's a better match. So Joe Spott has not been given a lot of credit, but for sure he knows how to manage his team. They again did not get after a good start and never panic. But for sure they know how to play because they have some very good gootter leadership.
Speaker 6: And they don't even have Jeremy Payna or your Done Alpharez in their lineup.
Speaker 2: Right, those are two guys that you know, are our premier guys pena shortstop. We've seen the way he's been missing short stop this year so far since the injury and jorn On Oliver's we know one swing can change everything. But hey, you know what, it's not a bad thing when these things happen. It's never fun to lose, but you need these things to at least expose themselves to you to know that you're not there yet. And as you mentioned, Dave Roberts mentioned this against the White Taks, a team that you can get away will make mistakes like this, but overall, it is a game based on mistakes. You have to correct address them. That's why I guy takes VP. That's why I think batting practice. That's what guys take extra VP. They take ground balls and walk in all the plays because you're parn to make mistakes in this game, but for sure, you got to minimize it when it comes down to playing championship type caliber baseball.
Speaker 6: Jose, when we had Tioscar Hernandez on the pregame show the first day in Kansas City, he told us he was not going to participate in the Home Run Derby this year because he thought it was too fatiguing, and he didn't want to compromise his growing adductor injury that he had in May where he went on the IL. I know ta Oscar is a guy like Freddie Freeman that wants to be out there every day.
Speaker 5: But do you.
Speaker 6: Believe it would be beneficial for him and the Dodgers to take the rest of the first half off and come back strong for the second half schedule.
Speaker 2: In terms of not participating. I'm all for it. I spoke with to Oscar about that too. Even when the new rules becomes a little bit more grinding, and he says the recovery, Thomas, you don't feel it right away. It's just a couple of days later because you're you're talking so much with your hips and you're you're firing through with so many muscles, and you're trying to stand the ball. The concentrations and the focus. It takes a lot out of you. But we know is a color called you know said before, he's not moving very well right now. We know that the first jump, the first step, that quickness is not there. Kaskar is a guy that played at very decent outfield last year, even though not the best out field for in terms of the metrics and things like that. But he made plays and this year this season started off with guys taking the extra base. He made the adjustment there. But now we know that the first step maybe where you think about it because you're hurting, or at least they're not comfortable, you don't cover as much ground because there's some plays in Kansas City play here that needs will be made and hopefully the body will take care of himself in the break.
Speaker 6: So do you think he should maybe take the next road trip off too.
Speaker 5: That's what I feel like.
Speaker 6: You know, if he's not doesn't have the mobility right now, Oh, it's not going to get better just with two or three days off.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to lose to Oscar for that prolonged time because he'll lose his timing, He'll loses, you know, rhythm at the plate. I want to see him hit where they're going in Milwaukee and get his confidence back, and I want to see him go out them play and square go those gaps against the Giants. So I need him in that lineup right now. Let things fix themselves out there in the outfield the way they're supposed to do.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a big outfield at Miller Park and an even bigger right field at Oracle Park.
Speaker 2: Hey, you get paid a lot of money, go out there and get it done. You got to make adjustment somehow, And he's got a great staff to allow him to position himself better according to what he's going through. But I know that bad He needs to play big and they need him right now.
Speaker 5: Jose Mode is joining us.
Speaker 6: After the Dodgers fall to the Astro six to four. Let's close out with Otani. Not so much about what you saw the pitching wise, but do you believe it's working out with him pitching and leading off, especially at home.
Speaker 2: If he's see the results, you're going to say no. But hopefully they're looking into it a little bit closer as to the rush to get to the play pitching or not. On days that he's not pitching, he hasn't looked so that great. I mean, I think right now his foster's not right. Position is not right, as we say, his nose is way too far from the point of contact, and he needs to get back and away from the heels, and that's who he needs to be scored up. And just think about singles up the middle to get scored up. But if Tom progresses now that he's a little bit older, obviously he's happy birthday show. Those things need to be looked at because obviously you can't treat him the way he was treated back six years ago because things have changed. But if he needs a little more of a breathing between at bets, then things need to be considered. But for sure, I know he's going to be the first guy to say no. Hopefully they'll listen and he'll listen, and just people are going to explain from the way in which he understands, see if it's beneficial and move on. Make adjustments.
Speaker 6: All right, Jose, thanks for checking in. Well see how it goes tomorrow. No sweep at Dodger Stadium to the astros, no.
Speaker 2: La manana good sound?
Speaker 6: Okay, there he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. And when you talk about needing Taoscar Hernandez is bat in the lineup and his timing and all that, Well, how can you have timing if you're not one hundred percent and you know you just don't look like yourself. I mean, Taoscar got off to a great start offensively this year. That's why he was considered for the All Star Game. But if you look at his last thirty games, he's hitting a buck eighty eight with four home runs and slugging three twenty one, striking out thirty two times, and only walking eight.
Speaker 5: He's not the same guy.
Speaker 6: I want ta Oscar Hernandez as close to healthy for the second half, and it's not gonna get better by continuing to play out there. All right, We're gonna close it out with Blake'snell had a chance to catch up with Blake's Nell. It is nell Zilla's Saturday. He did throw the hitters two innings, and he is taking the next big step towards returning to the Dodger rotation after the.
Speaker 5: All start break. Here with Snell earlier today, No, I felt good. It's good to be back.
Speaker 10: It's good to you know, learn again and feel and know that it's getting closer to pitching and getting back to that. So happy with today. I just I felt like the fastball was better. I feel like I got a lot better from the first one to this one. So starting to repeat stuff and feel stuff that's right wrong, and yeah, getting getting better.
Speaker 6: You had a big leaguer in the mix today, Hayes Song Kim. Did you request that or did he want to see what snell Zilla is all about?
Speaker 10: He needed some AB's. Yeah, so he got in there, and uh no, that was good. You know, you facing big leader is always good, so I appreciate.
Speaker 5: Him doing that when the games are going on.
Speaker 6: You've explained to me how you read hitter swings in a situation like today. Is that what you're doing or are you more focused on what you're doing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean, folks, on what I'm doing. And then you know, trust and feel and understanding hitters when they get into the box what they're presenting and and you know what that tells me? And then you know, how do I plan on dissecting? You know it that and just more strikes, you know. I mean, the more I get ahead, the better. And yeah, as I've gotten older, I felt like I've done a lot better job of that and understanding that. So, yeah, they just get in the box. You just learn what they're telling you, and then you just pitch and see if you're right or wrong and you adjust.
Speaker 6: This is the first time I've been around you every day, and I knew it was rough for you when you had to go on the I l I know it was tough for you when you couldn't throw, But I feel like there's a change. There's been a change the last three weeks and even on this homestand it feels like you believe you're close.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, I know I'm close. I feel good, I feel healthy, put a lot of work in to get to where I'm at right now, and really happy about it. You know, got a lot more to do before I come back, but I really can't wait. Uh, this is this is what I do, It's what I love, and I just it's all I want to do.
Speaker 6: So since I am and this is the platform of snail Zilla on Saturdays, what's the next step.
Speaker 10: I think I want to rehab starting next. They'll let me know, but I think that's what's next. And then yeah, just get going, get closer to getting back here.
Speaker 5: Does it make it easier with the lead this team has built without you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it definitely helps. It's fun to watch and see, you know, guys get there their opportunities and then the boys that you know are here for a long time just doing what they've been doing their whole career, but it's not surprising or anything to me. I think we should be even better and I think the best is yet to come.
Speaker 6: All Right, there's Blake Snell on snail Zilla's Saturday. You can hear our full conversation on the iHeartRadio app, and he's echoing the sentiments of everybody else.
Speaker 5: There's more in there for the Dodgers the rest of this season.
Speaker 6: Right now, there's seven and a half games ahead of the Padres, eight and a half games ahead of the Sam and Cisco Giants, and they're still not hitting on all cylinders.
Speaker 5: So that's scary for the rest of the league.
Speaker 6: And hopefully they can close out the first half of the season before the All Star Break on a high note with the final game tomorrow against the Astros and then heading out on a tough road trip. It doesn't get any easier, as the Dodgers will take on the Brewers in Milwaukee that's where they're usually a better team, and also the Dodgers will close out the first half before the All Star Break in San Francisco, where they are a better team as well. Tomorrow, Emmitt Sheen will make his return to the major leagues for his second start this season he will be going up against.
Speaker 5: We don't know yet. We'll find out later.
Speaker 6: The Astros have not announced their starter even by the end of Dodger Talk Moronco Casino.
Speaker 5: Dodgers on Deck begins.
Speaker 6: At noon, first pitch at one ten with Rick Munday and Steven Nelson tomorrow afternoon to avoid the sweep. Thanks to ye back at our Burbank studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. That's also you can stream the show live no matter where you are and stream Dodger games on the iHeartRadio app as well. Once again, the final score from Dodgers Stadium. The Astros beat the Dodgers six to four. Have a great rest of your Saturday.
Speaker 5: See them