Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio re defining local news.
Speaker 2: You made it four days? How on earth did you make it through four consecutive days of waking up and getting off to work? Good morning, It's Friday, finally six o'clock in Boston on this Friday morning, and we've got some clouds in the sky. Otherwise it's a mild sixty degrees. The news It's six brought to us by your New England Toyota dealer, your hybrid all wheel drive headquarters. Thanks for being with us today. I'm Jeff Brown. Might be a bad hair day. More clouds and sun today.
Speaker 3: Breezy and warmness afternoon of the shower or two high seventy four to seventy sixties for the Kepe of the Islands.
Speaker 2: Humidity is on the rise. WBZ achi weather meteorologist Joe Lundberg. Their rain is going to kick off the weekend. Could be a super soaker overnight tonight into the early hours tomorrow before it begins to clear out. Atlantic hurricane season is going to kick off this weekend. It starts on Sunday. Forecasters will keep their eyes in the ear peeled for Andrea, the first named stormed of the year. In the Atlantic, it is yet to form, of course, but in the Pacific, the annual hurricane season gets a two week head start, and the first named tropical storm is Alvin that bears watching in the Pacific this morning. Experts say the Atlantic hurricane season is expected to be slightly above average conditions this year, with up to nineteen named storms between now and November thirtieth rematch, It's the Oilers and the Panthers in the Stanley Cup Final. After Edmonton sends the Stars off to summer vacation, the Knicks live to see another day. In this case, it's Game six against the Indiana Pacers of the NBA's Eastern Conference Finals, and the Red Sox are on the road in hopes of stopping a four game slide with a weekend series beginning tonight in Atlanta. Live Nation says everyone is saved after two superstar concerts kicking off the Fenway Summer Concert series are suddenly canceled.
Speaker 3: The structural integrity of the stage set up at Fenway failed to meet standards, so much so Shakira, Jason Eldan, and the superstar duo Brooks and Dunn were left on the bench.
Speaker 1: You wonder with the costs of everything, especially concerts, what the hell they don't have somebody building the stage, right, You know what I'm saying, I can't imagine. I mean, we're talking millions.
Speaker 3: Ralph over here has heard of concerts getting canceled because singers get sick, lose their voice, or many other reasons, but an unsafe stage hasn't been one of them.
Speaker 1: Something they planned for three or four months or a year ahead of time, they can't pull it off. That's absurd.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, safety comes first for performers and the fans. At Benway, James Rojas w b Z, Boston's news.
Speaker 2: Radio, refunds for both concerts are on the way, and wbz's Drew mo'holland, who watches a lot of things regarding the music scene here in Greater Boston, you were just having conversations about these stage setups. What did you learn?
Speaker 4: So just last weekend, right, I was at Boston calling and I got to see these guys putting up these stages, and I'm just like, it is a massive project, really, and they're talking about They're like, yeah, not only you know to build these things, but also you know you got to go through these safety checks and check it time and time and time again and pass all these inspections. And it is hard, hard work. And that guy is right, that James was just talking to you there. I mean the amount of money that goes into putting these shows on. I mean, this is a massive money loss here that's going on right now, certainly is. And yeah, all this preparation. Of course, the fans all in town right.
Speaker 2: Not to mention the businesses outside Fenway Park as well. It's a tough hit for everybody. But first, of course, all right, droom, thank you. We're going to get started this Friday morning, under partly to mostly cloudy skies. It is a warm sixty degrees out the door, and it's also going to be a little bit on the sticky side today. The humidity levels will be on the rise throughout. It is going to be overall a warm day with the mostly cloudy skies, maybe some sunshine throughout the latter stages of the morning into the afternoon, but we can't rule out the possibility of a shower or two. I mean, you know the drill. If you have been in these parts for any length of time, you know that that's pretty much a daily occurrence. As we turn the weather warmer. Temperatures will be in the mid seventies today. Overnight tonight, some shower is going to move into the area. This could be a super soaker system moving in late tonight and to the early hours tomorrow. It looks like the bunk of the rain will be focused on central and western Massachusetts. However, most of the area will be seeing some precipitation tomorrow, and this will mark the eleventh or twelfth consecutive weekend that Greater Boston has seen some precipitation. You have to go back to early March for the last completely clear weekend here in the eastern part of Massachusetts. But it's going to move out. The system will move out relatively early tomorrow. We will see some sunshine hopefully Tomorrow. Afternoon temperatures again will be right around seventy and a much better day on Sunday to wrap up the weekend, early clouds give way to some sunshine, breezy conditions in the mid sixties. Right now in Boston, it is sixty under partly to mostly cloudy skies. At six oh six on this Friday morning, the defense gets the case the Karen Read ale. The prosecution rests after Reid's lawyers light into the state's final witness, The.
Speaker 5: Sense attorney Robert Alessi, questioned Welter about glass found near John O'Keeffe's body and on the bumper of Reed's suv. You have no basis as you sit here today to conclude that the glass on the bumper came from a drinking glass connected to mister O'Keeffe.
Speaker 6: Do you well, We have a picture of a broken glass at the scene, so I wouldn't say we have no basis.
Speaker 2: We don't necessarily have enough to conclude it's from it Thome.
Speaker 5: But then things seem to get personal between a Lessie and Welter, at least that's how Alessie took it.
Speaker 3: You're on a He.
Speaker 4: Keeps referencing my hand in saying I'm doing something when I'm not, and I think that's distracting to the jury.
Speaker 3: I'm not interrupting, don hold On.
Speaker 5: The state played one less clip of Read during a television interview before resting. It's now the defense's case. Suzanne Soosville WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Titans will clash in federal court today as Google takes on the Justice Department.
Speaker 6: Inclosing arguments, the Justice Department will ask the court to order an end to Google's lucrative deals with Apple and force the company to sell its Chrome browser. It says the company's dominant search engine is an illegal monopoly. The fight comes at a pivotal time for Google. It's dealing with the rise of artificial intelligence, which threatens to weaken the company's primary revenue source, advertising driven by search. Christopher Cruz, CBS News.
Speaker 2: You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Jeff Brown, WBZ, Boston's news radio.