Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome it. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust.
Speaker 2: And we have.
Speaker 1: Shavan back with us here, the executive director from the West Side Community.
Speaker 2: And you brought friends, I did.
Speaker 1: You brought Richard Mitchell here with us today and you were at the board of directors. But it's correct man, goodness sakes Ikes was out there for the grand reopening. Wow place takes on a different look, a little bit of a different attitude and lots of people.
Speaker 2: I imagine there's still a lot of people.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people.
Speaker 4: They say we had over three hundred people, that more than that reopening.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. It was people who are very exciting.
Speaker 1: Reason well, some of them won cake That cake walk went on for a while, but everything else, the children had fun and it was a great welcoming and safe place.
Speaker 2: And I think the world needs a few more of those.
Speaker 3: I agree. I definitely agree, and we'll have more things coming for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just going to ask her what's new, and then I've figured out we only got seventeen minutes.
Speaker 2: But Chavan always has.
Speaker 1: A great list of what's going On, and first of all, let's kind of get started with the Summer Fine Arts.
Speaker 4: Yes, one of the most exciting things that we are happy to let the community know about is we're bringing back Summer Fine Arts for just one week only, which begins next week. It's Monday through Friday, and each day is going to focus on one aspect of the arts.
Speaker 2: Well, that's going to be fantastic.
Speaker 5: So Chavon, would you just help our audience understand what does Summer Fine Arts?
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, Summer Fine Arts is an amazing program where you're introducing kids to the aspect of the arts. So you have painting, you have creative writing, we have even this year, the art of entrepreneurship, as well as three theatrical arts and filming arts as well.
Speaker 2: In one week and one week. Wow, you know, I know, kids absorb this like a sponge. I've witnessed this. But one week, one week, my good.
Speaker 4: So the goal is to introduce them to what sum Refine Arts is as well as some of the other programs will have throughout the year that they'll be able to take advantage of.
Speaker 2: How do we sign up for these things?
Speaker 3: So glad you asked, Well, you can sign up online.
Speaker 4: You can go to our website. There will be a link that takes you directly to a page for you to sign up online. Or you can actually stop buy five on one South Eusty Avenue and we'll take.
Speaker 2: Care of you all right before we go into you anymore.
Speaker 1: I've got a question for Richard, but what made you want to become a board member?
Speaker 2: There? What drew you first?
Speaker 5: I wanted to simply add value back to the community. Oh yeah, and serve it on the West Side Community Center. Board was a way to add value back. However, we did run into a few challenges. But with Chavon miss Roeblis being the new executive director, and I just want the public to know the board support her one. She has done in the short period of time a fantastic job with some programs. You notice what the grand reopening. That was amazing. So my goal is again just to serve and add value back to the community.
Speaker 1: Wow, and you're you're with the right team. You're definitely with the right squad. I want to get back to another program coming back, because boy ga, if you listen to any or watch any commercials, it might be back to school time.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is back to school time, and the Westside Community Center is taking advantage of that.
Speaker 3: So on Saturday, August tenth, we're going to have a super huge fun back to school Extravaganza.
Speaker 4: It's something that's being presented by Brave a Barber Club in conjunction with Greater First Church.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's gonna be amazing, carnival rides.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have popcorn, cotton candy, hot dogs, hamburgers, and most importantly, free haircuts of those kids go back to.
Speaker 3: School looking sharp.
Speaker 1: My goodness sakes, isn't it great to have community partners like this.
Speaker 5: That's important to have community departments to work with the west Side Community Center again to add value. The community partners are instrumental in helping the west Side which its ultimately called, which is serving the community.
Speaker 1: Wow, and this is this is great. You don't have to be a kid, or I can't eat pass. I couldn't pass for a kid.
Speaker 4: Well, actually, anyone can come, anyone can take advantage of everything that's happening.
Speaker 3: The haircutter just free for the kids.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you, I got you, not men like me who act like kids. All right, we have after school starting right after school starts absolutely.
Speaker 4: So school is starting back super quick literally on August fifteenth is when school starts back, and so West Side Community Center has always provided after school programs for kids and we're going to continue doing that, which starts on August fifteenth when school starts.
Speaker 1: And nick great to have both new things and old traditions.
Speaker 5: I think that one of the things the Westside Community Center is doing is really considering the needs of the community. That's a big need, it's very big need, and once the need is attentified, Miss Roebliss is working very diligently to reach and.
Speaker 2: Meet that need.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, with after school and I knew this being a kid too. There's that period of time if you don't have an activity that's planned or is structured, you're kind of on an independent study from about three thirty to about five fifteen and oh, I don't know. Let's just say there were three boys under the age of twelve, stupid stuff just kind of spontaneously what happen. And we find it very quickly in our family that having some kind of a structured activity right after school until the folks came home from work was very very important to everyone concerned, especially my backside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we recognize that as well, and that's why we also have transportation that goes around.
Speaker 3: To the schools wow, that actually picks up the kids and brings them to the Westside Community Center.
Speaker 4: We will have it certified individuals and teachers that are there to help the kids as far as making sure that they get their studies done, that they get their homework completed.
Speaker 3: We have a game room for the kids as well as.
Speaker 4: Some other things just to keep them occupying a very good and structured and fun educational way and so their parents are able.
Speaker 1: The best thing you can do is be with friends or with make new friends. And this is a great opportunity for youngsters, isn't it exactly?
Speaker 2: All right? Great, let's see family fun gating. You're all about.
Speaker 1: Family and fun these days we are, and you know, be quite honest with you, is you can't have enough of that.
Speaker 3: Really, you cannot have enough fun.
Speaker 4: And one of the things with the Westside Community Center, because we are a membership driven organization, we want to make sure is the same thing as mister Mitchell just said. We want to add value to the community. And so we recognize that families need to come together and have fun. So we're gonna have things such as bingo with the prizes. We'll have dominoes, we'll have card games, indoor games as.
Speaker 3: Well as outdoor games.
Speaker 4: And so it's one of those things that's going to start at six pm till about eight thirty and then we're gonna move everyone outside and we're going.
Speaker 3: To watch a fun movie outside under.
Speaker 2: The stars, just like the old drive in without all the guards.
Speaker 5: Again, the programs and the objectives of the Westside has to serve the community, and the programs as mister Robins has identified, and really are family focused. And that's the goal because, as you mentioned earlier, when kids do not have a structured program, sometimes they make choices that may not be in the interests. But Miss Rops is given them in the family an opportunity to be together and work together right here in our little small Bartlesville community.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's great.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing you said about the West Side Community Center is that it's all about community, the entire community, not just one portion of town.
Speaker 2: No, not just one literly bitty neighborhood. We're talking about.
Speaker 4: All of Barble absolutely, And I'm so glad that you said that because Oftentimes people hear west Side Community Center and I think we only cater to individuals on the west Side.
Speaker 3: Well, that just points to our location.
Speaker 4: But we are a multicultural hobe that serves all of Bartlesville, and we want to make sure that all of Bartlesville comes on over and takes advantage of all the fun things that we're doing.
Speaker 2: And why because we're adding value.
Speaker 5: We're adding value. And I too want to emphasize what Miss Field has just said is not just for the person's on people who live on the west Side. It is the location, as she hadn't mentioned, has happened to have the building on the west side, right, But again, the focus is serving everyone within the community.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to come back here in just a moment with a few closing words, but we need to take a commercial break and we're going to do that right now. We'll be right back after these words from tad Grass Motors, Paternal Order of Eagles, Arnold lay Kneecamp Funeral Home, Wesley and Kidney College and Get Real Ministry.
Speaker 6: Hey everyone, this is Pastor Rando and Pastor Shiloh with Get Reel Ministries and this is your Get Real minute. Most everyone has heard the scripture John three sixteen. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. Who's ever should believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting lie. I believe that that scripture is really of no avail if not followed up by the very next scripture John three seventeen.
Speaker 7: For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved. And that is the foundational scripture by which get Real Ministries was founded.
Speaker 2: Come worship Jesus with.
Speaker 7: Us Sunday's ten thirty am, Wednesday six thirty pm, Saturday night six pm, and Jesus further third Saturday every month. Jesus Burder is an outreach we do third Saturday of every month where they receive the Word of God, the Love of God, free food, free clothes, free to go food bags. Come worship with us anytime you can see it.
Speaker 6: You can visit us online on Facebook at the get Real Ministries Paige.
Speaker 7: Get Real Ministry Services Sunday at ten thirty am and Wednesdays at six thirty pm.
Speaker 8: When it comes to your children at choosing the right daycare is important you want peace of mind knowing you're putting your child in the care of the best facility. Wesley and Kitty College is a DHS three star rated Christian facility that is accredited through n ECPA and offer programs where each child's individuality is recognized and supported by loving and caring Christian teachers.
Speaker 3: For more about.
Speaker 8: Wesley and Kitty College, some by seventeen eighty Silver Lake Road and see what they have to offer.
Speaker 2: Ten Howell, Arnold Moore and Nie Camp. You no home.
Speaker 9: You have to start out giving because your role is helped that person walk through the worst day of their life and they're counting on you and your expertise and they trust you to get them through this. That's what we try to do and do exceedingly well, is walk hand in hand with our clients and say, you know what we've been down this road, will help you down. Here's what we've learned, here's the benefit of our years in this.
Speaker 2: Let us help you with this. Do you have suggestions?
Speaker 9: Our job is to relieve the stress so you can grieve and you can heal. And that staff at seven ten South Do does a tremendous job of just putting their arms around people and loving them and they have one goal and that's to satisfy the family and that final tribute to their loved one.
Speaker 2: It'll be all right. We'll walk through this together.
Speaker 6: Arnold Moore and the Camp Funeral seven ten Dewey Bartle's Vale, We'll walk through this together.
Speaker 3: I want to know what I done. I can be like play bingo.
Speaker 10: The Fraternal Order of Eagles has bingo games every Monday and get in on the fun. Early bird session starts at six thirty with a regular session at seven thirty. I more about the Eagles Bingo see the Fraternal Order of Eagles Facebook page for your fine location, times and pricing. Great bingo without spending a lot of money and had the chance to win and have fun. First time players get a free daughter just mention you heard it on the radio. Try and look every Monday and Friday evenings at bingo at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Bingo.
Speaker 11: This is Craig Demons some tall Grass Motors. We've been serving Bartsville for nineteen years. Proud to serve the Barsville community, and we have been doing this so long. We have so many repeat customers and families that we enjoy. When they need a car, they just come down to Tall Grass Motors and we all work out and deal it. We are tall Grass Motors, three forty one Northeast Washington Boulevard. That is Highway is seventy five, right next to the Armory and across the street from Harbor Freight Tools.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to community connection right here on Gay one, the one you trust. We're talking with our friends from west Side Community Center, Shabana and Richard. And what if somebody has a dollar or two or with a couple of zeros behind it or many more? Is there a way that they could maybe toss that into the good things happened in the west Side community.
Speaker 2: Yes, they could.
Speaker 5: They could make a donation either on our website, they can mail a check to the west Side Community Center. Alternatively, if they want to actually see what's going on, they could bring their donation to the community Center and Miss Robus will be happy to receive it and explain to them exactly how their money will be used.
Speaker 1: And you know something, one look is worth a million bucks if you ask me, and you're going to really feel good about your investment, I would really think hard about making that personal donation and coming there and arranging a time just to take a visit and a tour.
Speaker 2: You never know you might want to grab more extra dollars. Say, this is good.
Speaker 4: Stuff, absolutely, and we would love to show people exactly where their donation is going. And it allowed them to actually see where it's going and see the programs that are happening and see the people that it benefits as well.
Speaker 5: And that makes the difference because when a person makes a donation, most people want to know where their money is going, is it being put to good use or is it being squandered or wasted. If they choose to bring their donation to the West Side, they can actually see see the children, see the services, see the programs that's being used, and how their money will be utilized. So it encourage them. They can make a donation in a multitude of ways. The most important thing is we're just nicely and kindly asking for their health.
Speaker 2: That's great, That is really great.
Speaker 1: And once you come in the doors, it's more than just four walls, yes, four more than just four walls. I don't know how you can turn that into such a multiplex, but you've done it, and they're probably more to come. I get the feeling between the talking to the two of you here that we're just kind of scratching the surface.
Speaker 2: Are we not.
Speaker 5: Miss Robles has some wonderful ideas and there's definitely more to come.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, jam On and Richard, thank you both for being our guest here on Community Connection.
Speaker 5: Thanks