Speaker 1: You done fell right down that rabbit holesome reality is question the ball time, but you just can't let it gold these too right here put it all the show with having normal over low, with Southern hospitality, haunt and murder may have him one discussing immortality locations with a dark past historyad that comes to light fire village with a knack or happy thing. He goes on big night hope, but thank you to be made dumpty two? What have you turned it off?
Speaker 2: The light?
Speaker 1: Mixing in a little comedy to make sure that all fish is just right?
Speaker 3: He wellco to a h billy horror story.
Speaker 1: Now here's your hopes, Sherry, his freaks, how Sendler's donnish.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they're tad preddy, but never the ferrets Tracy. As usual, we want to thank all of our military and civil servants all over the world, no matter which country you represent, as long as you're one of the good guys, we just want to say thank you for what you do for us every single day. To the men and women and service animals.
Speaker 2: Out there, continue prayers for you guys, Thank you for keeping us safe. Always always always praying for you all. Thank you for all you guys do for us.
Speaker 3: Tracy. It's been another one of those weeks where we've talked to a lot of people that are struggling and going through some things. We want to make sure everybody realizes that the group is a safe place. I've seen a couple of people post because they felt like there was no other place that they could post with whatever situation they had going on, and I'm glad that people feel that way. I just want to make sure that everybody realizes that it is a safe place. Obviously, you can contact myself with Tracy, or you can you know, if you need a professional service. There are professional services out there obviously, places like Betterhelp who've been sponsors on the show in the past, and Tracy, what else could they do?
Speaker 2: You can call nine eight eight the crisis hotline. You can also text is seven four one, seven four to one. We love you guys, and just reach out to us, please, all.
Speaker 3: Right, everybody, That song right there is music to my ear? Why because that is the intro music to KSR Radio, my favorite show for the last almost six years. I can honestly say I have never been as entertained by radio show as what I have. That one. It was the very first podcast I ever listened to, and it's actually one of the inspirations to how we do our show. They mix a little bit of everything in their personal life along with sports. It's UK basketball, football sports themed, but they talk about their life, they talk about car recks, they talk about ghosts and what have you. And it's, like I said, for the last six years, it's been my all time favorite show. Matt Jones actually was a previous attorney, decided to get into radio broadcasting. I'm exciting that he did. And now he's got a good group with Ryan Lemon, Shannon the Dude, and Drew Franklin helping out with the show. And like I said, anybody who is in this area of the Kentucky area, they probably know the show. It is the most listened to radio show in the state and for a lot of people, it's actually one of the biggest streaming shows in the country. So if you go to iTunes, look up KSR and give them a listen, I promise you you will not be disappointed.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely true. I love to listen to it. As a matter of fact, the doctor I work for right now has got the sort of an internet radio thing going on, but he mentioned that we could get podcasts now, so I was really excited. So I'm gonna maybe see if he can let us listen to Matt and them while we're at work, and hopefully he'll say.
Speaker 3: Yes, that would be great. And the reason that all this is coming about. I know people are saying, why are you doing a podcast on Wednesday night? We usually only released these things on Sunday, and we're still going to be doing our one on Sunday. But let me take a little history of this show and what brought this about. Matt, if you listen to the show on a regular basis, is adamant that there is no such thing as ghosts. True, they don't exist, and pretty much we'll say you're an idiot if you believe that they do exist. Shannon, on the other hand, is a big believer. There's definitely ghost He said, got a picture taken from Waverley, which we did a show on already, and it's got a picture of a ghost. He sent it around and got everybody's opinion on Twitter, and a lot of people said, oh, I see exactly what you're talking about. Of course, Matt he completely disagreed, and then you see what you want to see. And what they're doing is that there's a big Kentucky North Carolina basketball game in Vegas next Saturday. And what KSR the group has decided to do is they're going to take a trip to Vegas. They're gonna take a week long and in the car and just driving. They're going to stop a bunch of places along the way, like Memphis and what have you. One of the places they're going to stop is Oklahoma City. Now, why is this a big deal and how does this tie in? Because they're going to be staying at the Scurving Hotel in Oklahoma City. Some of you may have heard stories about the Scurving already because there's been some NBA players that have stayed there that have claimed that there's ghosts and it's kept them from playing as well as they should have, or even some of them hadn't even spent the night when this story has got brought up months ago. Initially, you know, Shannon was telling his beliefs the ghost, and of course Matt was saying, there's no such thing as ghost. If we ever get a chance to go out that way, we're going to stay there. Well, and behold. When they scheduled this trip, they're going to be staying there. So I thought it would be kind of cool, since this is our neck of the woods, to go ahead and do some background and tell some stories. So when they're in the vehicle, if they don't listen to it before, now sometime before they get there, they can actually listen to this. And here's some of the background on the hotel. Oh man, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I'm envious or scared for them, but it is very exciting and I hope we get some good stories.
Speaker 3: From there, all right. So here's what we got the hotel. I always like to give background. The hotel came about and was built in nineteen eleven by W. B. Scurvin. Now he got his money from he was common oil tycoon, so that's how he got his money. He wanted to build the nicest hotel in the Southwest, so Oklahoma City is where he built it. Of course, he named it after himself and his daughter, Pearl Mesta. She actually became the ambassador to Luxembourg under Harry Truman, and it kind of brought some more attention to the hotel. So now it was kind of like the place to stay. The hotel itself actually stayed and did through some renovations and a bunch of changes, but it stayed open until nineteen seventy nine when it officially closed down. Now it was on the state's history, you know, of national monuments and what have you, So the governor there and the Oklahoma City mayor, Kirk Humphreys kind of wanted to do something to get it up and going again so it wouldn't just set because it basically set for twenty years just with vacant, nothing going on, nothing years nothing. So in two thousand and seven, Hilton decided to buy it and they did some renovations. So they kind of they just did redid the outside and they made sure that the rooms, the windows and the rooms were kind of like the authentic windows, and they and they changed some of the elevators and stuff to make it a little more modern. But from that point on, uh in two thousand and seven, it was reopened for business. So that's that's the that's the background on the hotel itself. But what about the haunting, That's why everybody's here. Where did this come about? It all basically started supposedly back when when Bill Skurvin first had the place open. This was kind of a during prohibition, back in the twenties. This was kind of a speakeasy. So a lot of people came here to kind of drink and what have you, even though it was illegally done. They would go up to the tenth floor and the tenth floor. He was known for drinking. It was known for prostitution, It was known for gambling. There was a lot of poker games and stuff like that that went on. So fun times, yeah, fun times. So at some point in time during this prohibition, William Scurvey, Bill Scurvy, Scurvey and I should say, had an affair with a maid there. And nobody really knows her name, but since all the ghost sightings and stuff through the years, the people who worked there have nicknamed her Effie. Effie. That's interesting now, if you listen to the stories about Effie, she supposedly was kind of a loose morals woman or some people call her a whore. Oh that's what I call her.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: But so that was kind of the deal. Now, he supposedly got her knocked up and he didn't want to cause any shame on himself, and he didn't wantny kind of scandals because obviously this guy had a lot of money in order to flank hotel, so he locked her up on the tenth floor, like locked her up, like she couldn't leave.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So she has this baby eventually, and she still wasn't allowed to leave. Man, that's terrible. And somewhere during the course of time, she became I guess, kind of half out of her mind from being locked in there for so long. Yeah, and she jumped with the baby from the tenth floor window and killed herself.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. So that's the legend of how the ghost came about. Now we mentioned that she was kind of let's say, loose, so to speak, and where that ties in is some of these stories about the ghost itself because some of the guys that had been in there, they claim that they hear a woman's voice kind of seducing them in the room. Oh cool. And then others have actually said that they've seen a naked woman in the shower with them while they're taking a shower in the shower, in the shower, like they're in the shower and they looking there's a naked woman in the shower. With them day and then one one my man and I don't know what your this was, but he even said he was sexually assaulted.
Speaker 2: I did not get at what is up with these ghosts having sex with other like live humans?
Speaker 3: Maybe this was Bobby Brown, because you know he said that happened, but maybe that happened here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's just so bizarre. I can't even I mean, how can you Well, I don't even know what to say because I don't know how you have sex with the ghosts and can tell you're having sex with the ghosts.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense? Yeah, it wouldn't be much different than some of the girls I've been with.
Speaker 2: You did not put that out there, but so so what you got.
Speaker 3: Is you've got a ghost that that makes sexual suggestions to men, appears naked in their shower, and sometimes sexually assaults men. So that only leads to really one question, Matt, do you have any more room on your trip for one more person you want to go to?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: I will pay for my own room, okay.
Speaker 2: But then, so, if they're having sex with a ghost, are they considered a cheater?
Speaker 3: It's not cheating when I use my hand, That's true. Anyways, so let's go back a little bit about the hotel. There's a reporter that works for the Oklahoma named Steve Blackmire. He also wrote a book about the hotel, and he said that Skirvin was actually he was a notorious womanizer and a drinker, and the tenth floor was known for all those vices and what have you, So it really wouldn't be that far fetched. But there is no real proof that this woman committed suicide. It was kind of just all swept underneath the rug, so there wouldn't be any record of it. If you talk to his family, they don't know anything about an f e or what person. They seem to think that he had an affair with an assistant bookkeeper named Mabel Loody, but she actually outlived him, so that would be that story, but who knows. Now, let's talk about some of the cool stuff now, as far as some of the hauntings up there, you've got the New York Knicks, and I think this was back in twenty ten. Was actually kind of funny. They swore that the ghosts and the hotels would cost them to lose the game because they played so bad the very next day because they didn't get any sleep. So that was kind of the first thing because and keep in mind, the Oklahoma City Thunder play here, and this is like the nicest hotel. So when these NBA players come to town, this is kind of the hotel of choice to go to because it's the only really nice hotel in town. And these guys are millionaires, so that's the place to go. But that was the first case in the New York Knicks back in twenty ten. You also had a situation around the same time in the Chicago Bulls. Some of their players reported door slamming shut on their own and strange sounds outside their rooms. It got national tension in twenty twelve when some of the my Amy Heat players were saying the same things, slamming doors, noises outside of the doors. And then last year Nick Young from the Lakers, he actually stayed there and was had all kinds of complaints. And then Kyrie Irvin said that he got bedbugs there. But I don't think that's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well, did any of those guys, though, actually see the ghost.
Speaker 3: Or just they just heard a bunch of says No, it's just a bunch of bunch of hear and stuff and then hearsay. But a lot of these guys don't stay through the night. They ended up leaving before it said and done. And this is actually one of the biggest ones and a lot of people may not realize this. The Baylor women's basketball team, I mean remember a couple of years ago, they had Britney Grider and they won the national championship. In the very next year, they were the favorites to win it all. Yeah, they actually stayed there because their game was an Oklahoma the semifinal game. They stayed there and then the next day they were beaten by Louisville Cardinals in one of the biggest upsets in tournament history. Oh my gosh. So, I mean you talking about horror stories. Anytime that you get beat by louis that's a horror story. Oh, that's right.
Speaker 2: So some's gotta be Yeah, something's up with that, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: So I tried to talk to some I try to reach out to the guy that wrote the book Lackmire. He didn't respond back, and then I try to reach some of the paranormal societies in Oklahoma City to see who had done some research. And unfortunately for the time that I reached out at the time we needed to do this. Yeah, I didn't get back with anybody. I do have some first hand accounts. On some reader comments. This guy here said the city of Oklahoma City just needs to abandon the Scurving hotel project altogether. Said I've been inside before the renovation started in September two thousand and four. You could see objects moving with no one else around to be moving them, crying and screaming of a woman. I just don't think it's a good idea to be messing around with that place. That's from Sam in October two thousand and five. Tina in two thousand and four said, I've actually been in there, and it really is haunted. You can see the woman standing in the window. She jumped doubt of when you see her, she's at first in and real far away, and then she runs up to the window and then just stops.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I guess it's going to be up to the boys to see if they experience anything when they're up there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I surely hope you guys do experience something and if nothing else, make a believer out of Matt.
Speaker 3: I don't think Matt's gonna believe. I think I think Matt could have this girl actually come out sexually assaulting. He could be able to see completely through her, and he'll swear to God it was a dream or something that.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, whatever takes, Matt's entitled to his beliefs, for sure. You know a lot of people I'm sure have seen things like that and still in their minds are saying, well, yeah, I mean, that wasn't even there.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, And I'm sure after hearing about the ghost sexually assaulting people, Ryan's wife will probably not allow him to go on the trip.
Speaker 2: Now, I tell you, guys, we love you guys so much. I can't tell you the enjoyment we get out of listening to you every day. I Mean I'm usually busting a gut driving in the car listening to you guys or something. You guys are just awesome, and we do hope you guys kind of see something that's going on down there and let us know what you did see, if anything or here, and just you know, most of all, have a safe trip, and you guys just have a great time. I know you all always do when you go on these road trips.
Speaker 3: So yeah, especially since Drew was just in a car accident totally the car a couple days ago. Yeah, so, oh my gosh, Drew.
Speaker 2: I hope you're okay, honey.
Speaker 3: But you know, you guys, honestly, like I said, we hope that we can give you a little bit of enjoyment. You're getting us so much enjoyment over the years. We moved to the Virgin Island a couple of years ago, and your podcasts every day was the only way we really had of keeping up with Kentucky sports, and it was the one thing that kind of reminded us of being back home. And it was kind of cool because it was during the stretch of the Twins leading us to the other final four, and we watched the win over Michigan and the win over Louisville and the went over which a toss state. We were all sitting in our room yelling and screaming, while these Virgin Islanders around us, thinking what the hell are these people yelling and screaming about it? Nine and ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: We had to edumate them for sure about the Cats, no doubt.
Speaker 3: So thank you guys so much, and we appreciate y'all listening to a little special episode, and like I said, join us again this Sunday, we're gonna come out with the true story of the Amityville Horror. Like we said on the last show, it's not gonna be so much about what the movie is made of. It's gonna be about Ronald de Fayo and the shootings that happened before all that stuff happened, and there's some freaky stuff that went on. You guys, I think we'll really find this exciting and you'll I guarantee you'll hear some stuff you've never heard before.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you guys, make sure y'all turned into KSR every.
Speaker 3: Morning twelve And if you can't listen to the podcast, just look up KSR on iTunes or whatever whatever Android device you used to the podcasts. I promise you you do not have to be a Kentucky fan to like this show. They probably spend four minutes a day on Kentucky Sports and the other hour and twenty minutes just making you laugh, so I promise you. And we got listeners all around the world, no matter where you're listening in Australia, Great Britain, uh India. We got one in Cambodia the other day. You guys, tune in and listen and uh, they can really use the cube.
Speaker 2: You will be disappointed.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, and then we'll talk to you on Sunday. All right, y'all, they would like to thank you folks for kind of dropping in. We're all invited back next week for this locality to have a heaping helping on their hospitality. You'll believe that is. I'll come back now here