Speaker 1: And this episode is called hard Howe.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode ten, Hotel and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is gonna be super fun.
Speaker 4: It sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 5: Thebluey Podcast dot com, our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast at gail dot com.
Speaker 2: Links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar. A month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. You guys are great.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things we think are awesome, we just got done rewatching Hotel. Let's play her Tel? Yeah? No, not ho tell Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 5: At the beginning of the episode, Bluey and Bingo are hiding under a sheet because they're hiding in mom and Dad's room, and Chilli says, I'm going to take a shower and now help you clean up the room, and then Bennett says okay. Nane says where are those cheeky kids? Then he lifts up the sheet and they ask him to do it again, and he keeps doing again while saying kids, no kids, kids, no kids, And then they ask him if he wants to play Hotel.
Speaker 2: Did he want to play that game?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't sound like he was too enthused about it. Stella, they're getting the game set up, what do they do to get ready?
Speaker 5: Louie sets up a box and a basket by the step so it's like a seat than a desk in front of it. She also puts signs on the doors with numbers on them, so it looks like how it does.
Speaker 3: At a hotel.
Speaker 2: Blue is going to be the clerk and Bingo is wanting to do something very specific Stella, what is it?
Speaker 3: She wants to be a crazy pillow and what.
Speaker 5: Is bluetailor she has to be Blue says that she has to be the crazy hotel helper.
Speaker 2: Bandit comes up and they tell him that he has to ring the bell. Amanda, who's the bell?
Speaker 6: That would be Bingo And she's quite a loud bell the first time that Banditt goes to ring it, so then he adjusts the volume on the bell a little bit and rings it again, and she's not so loud the second time.
Speaker 2: Bandit says that he wants a room, and he wants apparently a very fancy room, because what does he ask for?
Speaker 4: He asks for a room with a TV in it.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty big ask, I know, right. It's funny. I remember, not even that long ago, in the grand scheme of things, seeing little motels when I would be traveling around for work, that one of the amenities they would advertise on their sign was that they had color TV and air conditioning. What you've never seen that.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't really remember that.
Speaker 6: Of course, I didn't travel around for work anywhere nearly as much as you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he wants a room with a TV. Bluey tells Bingo to get the suitcase, but she doesn't want to be called Bingo, Henry, what does she want to be called?
Speaker 3: She wants to be called Slaberdaba?
Speaker 2: Henry. Did you know that we almost name your sister Slaberdaba instead of Stella?
Speaker 3: I never knew that.
Speaker 2: Yep, true story, true story, Stella. How do you feel do you feel like you missed out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Bandit says that he needs to get to sleep straight away because he's got something important happening. Henry. What is it?
Speaker 5: He has a very important cleaning job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very important, and he is to not be disturbed.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The very first room they show him has some pretty cool stuff in it. What were some of the features Blue, he pointed out, Do you remember?
Speaker 5: I don't remember that many, but I do remember that she said that it did have some toys in.
Speaker 2: There, Stella. Do you remember what else it had?
Speaker 3: It had a sleepy bunny nightlight.
Speaker 2: That was the girl's room, right, Yes, it was, Yeah, that checks out. What with all the toys and all of course around here, if there was a whole bunch of toys, it could possibly be my room because of all my Star Wars toys. They check out the next room, Stella, and it looks like it might be bannedit's office. But what was his problem with that room?
Speaker 3: There were too many computers and not enough beds.
Speaker 2: I understand that I wouldn't want to stay in there either. I don't think I've definitely fallen asleep in my office though. What was the next one they made it to, Amanda?
Speaker 6: It was actually the bathroom and it was being occupied at the time that they looked at it.
Speaker 2: Hey mine, Oh no, Bandit had an issue with that room. What was it, Amanda?
Speaker 4: That it was too stinky?
Speaker 2: Oh, poor Bingo. There was one other room to look at.
Speaker 3: This is the big room.
Speaker 7: It has a bed, a TV, and there's a lady in the shower.
Speaker 8: Is that okay?
Speaker 2: This will do nicely? Good night? Bandit says that it'll be fine and that he is to not be disturbed, and Bluie reassures him of something. Amanda, what was it?
Speaker 6: She said, don't worry, you won't be bothered by my crazy helper at all.
Speaker 2: Well, that lasted all of about two seconds. She busts in yelling something what is going on?
Speaker 4: She comes in saying me, tidy room now? Yarp arp yarp yarp.
Speaker 2: That's one thing that as the show went on, we got to see less of Bingo acting like a little firecracker. Those are some good times. Bingo wants to know if Bandit needs something. Henry. What was it?
Speaker 3: She asked him Dan need a crazy pillow? And he said no.
Speaker 2: But then what does slobber Daba do next? Henry?
Speaker 5: She comes in with a frying pan in a one spin. She's banging them together, and she's yelling who wants breakfast? And then she yells who wants bacon? Band It wakes up and he says it's the middle of the night, and then she app who wants night bacon?
Speaker 2: N baker?
Speaker 7: Gulp, I'm so sorry, So this wasn't happen again?
Speaker 2: Up, Well, night bacon does sound pretty good. Actually, Bandit had an answer that I think Henry and I would have been right in line with what do you think Henry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, would like some night bacon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If your mom woke me up and said, Hey, I made some bacon, and it was one in the morning. I would be like, okay, let me let me get my slippers.
Speaker 4: Well, let me just tell you right now, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Somehow, I'm not surprised, Henry. What are they going to do next?
Speaker 5: It's time for the news, and Bingo says she wants to be a crazy pillow, but Blue says, no, it's time for the news.
Speaker 2: Ban it turns on the TV that he needed in his room. Stella, how does this go?
Speaker 3: He decides to turn on the news and Bluie and Bingo pretend to be the people on the news, and they're talking about how there are massive storms who keep making people hit their heads onto their beds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and somehow though, the storm is only making Bingo hit her head on the bed, while Bluie seems to be fine, as in she's the driving force behind the storm. I thought it was so cute though, when it started and Bingo was the newscaster.
Speaker 7: Oh, how I am the king.
Speaker 2: I would probably watch the news if Bingo was the newscaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd probably be pretty entertaining.
Speaker 2: Bingo does not want to be bossed around, and it is not going well at all because all she's doing is being bossed around, and she takes off and Bluie yells for her.
Speaker 7: To back you bussy me around.
Speaker 4: That at TV always people shouting at each other.
Speaker 2: Click, Amanda, what does bandit tell Bluie?
Speaker 6: Banda tells Blue that she needs to sort things out with Bingo. She wants to keep playing Hotel and if they want him to keep playing Hotel as well, because otherwise he's just going to start cleaning up like he told Chili he would. He told her that she needs to let Bingo make some of the decisions as well. So Bluie goes into their bedroom and Bingo is laying on her bed and she's begging Bingo to please come back and play. She keeps telling her no, she doesn't want to, and she's Blue says, I'll do anything. I'm sorry, I'll do anything, and still Bingo keeps telling her no, but then she says, yes, I'll keep playing as long as I get to be a crazy pillow and Blue finally agrees.
Speaker 2: Blue carries Bingo in, and I was impressed at her strength. She carries Bingo a handful of times in this and she takes the pillow in to Bandit and reassures him that everything's okay.
Speaker 4: He love, I have any pillow.
Speaker 6: He for you?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's not crazy, Pi.
Speaker 2: Well that's a plus. My, oh my, this is very comfortable and not ridley at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I best go to sleep now night.
Speaker 2: Bandit tries to get comfortable. Henry, what's going on?
Speaker 5: The crazy pill starts tickling his nose and it wakes him up, and he says, why's my nose tickley? And then the crazy pill tries to crawl away. Then he grabs a crazy throws it back behind his head. Thing says where's my blanket? Grabs blink, throws her over him like she's a blanket.
Speaker 2: What did they end up doing to him? Once they were both up.
Speaker 5: There, they start tickling him and then they started the runaway and Bendit said, runaway bedstuff.
Speaker 2: He said he was going to catch them with his net and takes off. Now he didn't have a net though in his hands, did he?
Speaker 3: No, he had a blanket.
Speaker 2: I guess that do well, Stella. I would ask you what happens next, but I feel like mom should get this one. Amanda Chili comes out of the shower. What does she think?
Speaker 6: Well, she comes out of the shower, she has her towel wrapped around her hand. She's looking all refreshed, and she takes a look around at the bedroom and says, hey, I thought you were going to clean up the room, because now it is a crazy mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's worse than before she went in. I feel like I'm better at cleaner than that.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are.
Speaker 2: At least it'd be the same amount of messy and not more messy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Would you agree with that, Sela or do I leave it worse?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think he can clean up a bit better than bandit does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The last time you saw my office at work, you had things to say that were probably pretty fair, honestly. But it looks better now, I promise. And that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could someone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 4: I think something that I learned was.
Speaker 6: Anything that you're doing together, whether it's playing or working on something whatever. Not one person can have all the control and call all the shots. You need to be able to listen to each other and do a little give and take and not just boss everybody around.
Speaker 2: Stella, Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 2: Do you think your mom bosses us around? Or do you think she lets us all have a say?
Speaker 3: I'm not too sure.
Speaker 4: Watch how you answer that.
Speaker 2: But no, I think you're right. That's really good. Anybody else I think.
Speaker 3: Mom said it pretty well? Yeah? Same, I think Mom said pretty well.
Speaker 6: I mean, you guys have played together with games and just whatnot. Wouldn't you agree that it's best that you each get to take turns or get a say in what you're doing, and not just like Henry be the boss or Stella be the boss of each other.
Speaker 3: I think I'd rather be the boss.
Speaker 2: One other thing I would say, and this wasn't necessarily pointed at as a lesson, but the chores will always be there, and bandit taken a few minutes out of the day to go ahead and play with the girls instead of instantly saying, no, I don't have time for this, get out so I can clean this place. I think there's something to be said for that, because those types of tasks will always be there. But man, those little kids wanting to play with you doing something as simple and fun as that. Those moments don't last forever, No, they don't. I think it was a good call on his part to put off clean in the room. I do feel kind of bad for Chili, though, because she was expected some real progress while she was in there taking a shower. But that is not what she got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not what she got. But I'm sure Bandit will be back soon to help her straighten up.
Speaker 2: Do you think there was any possibility that she saw that mess and figured Bandit had nothing to do with it, or do you think she knew immediately that he was behind it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: I think she probably figured they were all behind it. It wasn't just Banded, it wasn't just Bluey, and it wasn't just Bingo.
Speaker 4: It was you know, all three.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode.
Speaker 6: I know we've watched this one before and talked about it before, but I honestly forgot about this one and I thought it was really cute.
Speaker 2: I enjoy this one too. I think it's really sweet.
Speaker 5: I like me able to see Bingo as the crazy Pillow and the crazy Hotel Hoper.
Speaker 2: She's a nut in this one, isn't she is? Yeah? I like her wackiness.
Speaker 3: Stolla, That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bingo was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I like that she's not afraid to be goofy. She's not self conscious about it, at least at home she's not. So she felt safe being kind of a nut when they're family, and I think that's cute and that's how it should be. You should be safe at home. Yea, be yourself, and she sure is.
Speaker 6: I liked how at one point Bluuie was carrying her out of the hotel room that bandit was in and the look on Bingo's face, her eyes are like cross and she's making a goofy face, and it was really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she knows how to have fun. She lives life big and enjoys what she's doing. It's very, very enviable. It would be great to just approach life with that much abandoned and fun. So good honor for doing that. I like seeing dad play with the kids. It just speaks to my soul and I love it and it makes me so happy. It's so much fun. Band it's awesome, and he's awesome. With the girls, and I also thought it was funny too that Chili had to come out and be the grown up. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 9: The howl outs, Okay, listen, everyone has to clap and go whoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it? Ooray. Our fans are the best and we could not do this show without you guys.
Speaker 6: That is very true. We disappreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the comments on Spotify. We heard from Ken Lincoln and his brother Harper and her sister Ivy Soprena, Julia Oscar Jaden who is from Sydney, Australia and Henry is his favorite.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jaden.
Speaker 2: We heard from Isabelle, Grant, Paco and Nash someone who's user name is issimw Something Something Something. We heard from Ali. We heard from green Bean Shark, who mentioned the minecraft bluey DLC Henry. Have we taken a look at that yet?
Speaker 3: No, we haven't.
Speaker 2: I guess we need to still, don't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We heard from Jenica Sloan, po Dion, Sarah and Quinn. We got some emails. We heard from Rose, she is five years old. Hi Rose, thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: Hi Rose, Hirose.
Speaker 2: We heard from Andy, who listens while he's at work. Andy, thanks for your email. We heard from Olivia and her puppy Dora's from England and likes the episode Creek where Henry burps at the end, and also send us some cool pictures one that she drew in one of her puppy dog.
Speaker 6: Oh, your puppy is so cute, and thank you for the drawing.
Speaker 2: That is very cool, excellent work. Yes, yes, we heard from Michael and we also got a voice message from our friend Brendan.
Speaker 8: Yes, greetings, dinner with the Healers. This is your friend of Brendan speaking to you once again. So I have another blueing moment to share with you from the episode Library.
Speaker 5: Next it.
Speaker 7: You can be noisy, you can borrow the books. You can even eat toddlers that you have to returnd your books otherwise you're not playing library properly.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 9: I have to say that while I was watching that episode and watching that particular moment, I couldn't help but just notice Bingo in that particular moment cares. Her facial expression that I was noticing her facial expression was basically like, whoa, my sister Blue has had it with Muffin. So yeah, there you go, all right. I will talk to you again soon, Bye.
Speaker 4: Bye, Brandon.
Speaker 6: It's always so great to hear from you, and we love the moments from the.
Speaker 4: Blue episodes that you pick out.
Speaker 6: And I can totally agree with you on the face that Bingo is making looking at Bluey going whoa, because you know, as much as we love Muffin, she can be quite a handful sometimes, so I could see where the girls would kind of get a little fed up with her actions. So it's really easy to understand. So thank you so much for sending us that clip, and always great to hear from you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Brendon. That was awesome. I like that episode. It's so cool. And do you guys know what was that song that was playing in that segment?
Speaker 3: The ants go marching?
Speaker 4: Now you have to sing the whole thing for the audience.
Speaker 3: Hey, gay gay gay.
Speaker 2: All right then, but yes, that was correct, the ants go marching. And I do like the kind of the march feel of it that's written as a march and so it's really good. Yeah, very good. Guys. Thank you so much for all of the messages, the kind words, the comments, the five star reviews. We sure do appreciate it. And seriously, we could not do this show without you, guys, the fans. So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we sure do appreciate all of you so so much. Thank you for listening, and thank you for loving the show.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 5: Bye guys, Bye bye,