Speaker 1: Good evening, everyone, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, Jacob Mook the Cajun Night and Man, I gotta tell you last week, I didn't necessarily expect the conversation to go into all of the depths that it did, but I'm very happy that it did, and I'm very happy to let the conversation go that way tonight. But before we do that, we do have to talk about some current events for just a little minute. I don't know if anybody has been paying attention to what's been going on this past week, but there's a few things in particular that I think we do need to discuss, maybe not at length, but at least talk about, right, So I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time for anybody who would like to be a part of The Cajun Night Live. If you're listening to this on Thursday, because this is gonna drop immediately after we record it, then come check out the Cajun Night on page. That is the only place to see the videos for this, and also it is the only place to join in on the conversation. So we appreciate, or I say we Jesus soundly, Jonathan. I appreciate everybody who's done so so that they could be a part of this conversation and help grow the Caje to Night in its own you know, respect and write so real.
Speaker 2: Quick before we get started onto anything this week.
Speaker 1: I thought that this was worth mentioning something that happened last week. So apparently Ukrainian bombers quote unquote it was a drone struck a Russian air base and with that led to this massive mushroom cloud, and everybody was concerned that Russia was storing nukes on this airstrip so that it could potentially drop nuclear warheads on Ukraine via plane. I find that weird because a nobody drops nukes from planes anymore. That's that's really bad radiation wise. But I digress. The other conversation was that maybe they had, you know, some nuclear weapons that were stored there, like you know, missile silos and things like that. Okay, it's a little more believable. And you know, when you see these pictures of Ingles Airbase deep inside of Russia was hit overnight by Ukrainian drone.
Speaker 2: Strike, the mushroom clouds are a bit ominous.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm honestly, I was perplexed by it, and it didn't sound completely crazy, out of the realm of possibility for Russia to be storing nuclear weapons just in case things went too too crazy. They were like ready to get after it right. It says the air base is about seven hundred kilometers from the front lines and it hosts Russian Tupi lev Tu one sixty nuclear capable heavy strategic bombers. Again, I didn't realize that anybody was dropping nukes out of bombers or planes anymore. I thought that kind of went by the wayside after all World War Two. But apparently in Mother Russia, you know, they still be doing things like that. They're still using those type of tactics if you look at their front line and trench warfare things. But neither here nor there. Russia has now declared a state of emergency in the Ingles district. Following the explosion, a Ukraine hit a warehouse holding missiles at the air base, reports claim, with ten people injured in the blast. Footage appeared to show multiple munitions flying away from the blast as they caught fire in a second explosion. Locals claimed the strikes had hit an ammunition depot crammed with the missiles and fuel which had triggered the huge explosion. The smoke could be seen from miles away, with residential homes damaged by the shockwave. An urgent evacuation of civilians for safety reasons quote unquote was reportedly ordered, and the closure of schools in the area, including Saratov City. After a four am attack, the local governor said there had been a Ukrainian drone attack on the town of Ingles. So right, understood, got you. Now, there was one video, and I hope it's loading here. There's one video that I wanted to show of this dude had a barn or a shed or something like that, and you could see the rattle of the explosion. Of course it's not going to be on this one. That would make too much sense. Oh well, it'd be like that. I do have multiple articles pulled upon this one, so we would at least see something more with it. But all right, So everybody thought that it was a nuke that got hit, and again from the mushroom cloud, that's not the craziest possibility. However, However, upon further review, I don't believe that it was a nuclear anything that actually got hit. I do believe that it was Russian munitions for sure, but there was no radiation fallout. The people were evacuated for multiple reasons, but nothing that would systemically tell me that it was something of a nuclear variety. Here this is from the TWZ newsletter, and I do believe this is actually yeah, no, it's not a Russian publication. I forget what it's from, but no, it says Russian bomber base suffered major damage to munitions area in Ukrainian drone attack. Satellite imagery obtained by the war Zone confirms that ammunition and weapons storage bunkers at Russia's Ingles Air Base were destroying a Ukrainian drone attack on Thursday. The attack resulted in a massive fireball and mushroom cloud. The high resolution images taken today by Maxar Technologies, and by today I mean as of a week ago. So I had this one pulled up for last week, but we got way off into the weeds on religious conversations, which is fun, which is fun. Shows most of the damage occurred at a storage area about a mile east of the runway. At least a dozen storage facilities and other nearby buildings were destroyed in the attack, and it also created several large craters. The severe damage was caused by massive secondary explosions when the drones detonated explosive ordnance stored there, targeting munition storage areas for their second effects. Yeah, for their secondary effects. Is a common tact to used by both sides of the war, employing standoff weaponry. Okay, so again agreed all the stuff. That's not a crazy concept again that yes, you would want to hit weapons and storage depots. This is a video of the mushroom cloud as it was going up in the airs. If you're just chilling and you didn't even know that that kind of munitions were being stored there, and you see that kind of mushroom cloud flying up, I get the hesitation, right, I get why people would think that maybe something nuclear was going down, especially when you see other videos of all right, this is the one. This is the one, So.
Speaker 2: This is pretty crazy. Probably should have turned down the volume on that one.
Speaker 1: My apologies everybody, but yeah, so that was the instant where the bomb went off or the strike happened, and then the secondary exploses or whatever. Homeboys farmhouse and he just had a regular you know security camera on it you see the flash from the bomb and then the shockwave hits the building. So some people were speculating that Russia was preparing to drop nukes on Ukraine.
Speaker 2: It has since been understood that that is not accurate.
Speaker 1: There was some nuclear capable bombers that were being stored there, and there were some high power munitions. A lot of the time when Russian air when Russian air assets do bomb Ukraine, a lot of the time, they do come from angles, or at least they used to anyway. Right, So, all right, I understand why they thought that this was a nuclear attack or something that nuclear that went off. It is not, It is not. It was a very successful drone strike by Ukraine. But I did at least want to have that conversation. Everybody thought it was nukes. It's not, but it was a very very successful attack. Now, with all of that being said, there's some other stuff going on this week that I really really wanted to get in and break down and all the things and all the stuff before we even talk about Trump and the tariffs and all these things. A guy named Corey Booker Gay He's a Democrat out of New Jersey. If I'm not mistaken. Oh yes, that's right here, he broke the all time record for longest speech. Yeah, I mean, all joking aside and all whatever. It's really impressive that this guy was able to speak for twenty five hours and five minutes without stopping. Like I mean, I understand filibusters are not you know, useful or whatever, but just for the going the distance of it, right, the Guinness Book of World Records, if you will of it, this guy really did his homework. And with that being said, I think it's worth noting. It's worth mentioning, it's worth giving at least that tip of the cap, you know. Corey Booker's long speech. By the numbers, this is going to be a breakdown of everything that was said and done overall. He breaks the record for the longest Senate floor speech in history. This is on April first, actually April Fools Days, when this was written.
Speaker 2: Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: United States. Senator Corey Booker, a Democrat from New Jersey, hailed the Senate floor with a marathon speech that began at seven pm Eastern Standard time Monday evening and lasted until Tuesday night, after twenty five hours and five minutes, speaking directly to the American people, Senator Booker broke the record for longest individual floor speech ever delivered, surpassing the previous record set by storm thoroughm Into, South Carolina, who philibustered for twenty four hours and eighteen minutes against the Civil Rights Act of nineteen fifty seven. Yesterday, Senator Booker, I also think it's also kind of cool in that regard that this person, Philip bustered against the Civil Rights Act and that was the record. A black senator from New Jersey broke that record. I'm given the props where they're due as far as that's concerned.
Speaker 2: That's that's legit. That's a flex right.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Senator Booker took the Senate floor with the intention of speaking as long as he was physically able to uplift the stories of Americans who are being harmed by the Trump administration's reckless actions, attempts to undermine the institutions, and disregard for the rule of law.
Speaker 3: Again, disagree with them, agree with him. That is not why I'm giving them the tip of the hat. You boys spoke for twenty five hours straight. As somebody who speaks professionally, that's not an easy feat. By it, I mean, speaking for four and a half hours. At the end of it, I feel drained. Twenty five hours straight.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know your boy was wearing it depends you know that thing was sagging low by the time he got off the stage.
Speaker 2: But I mean again, you gotta give the respect where it's due. Say anyway, in that time, let's look at this thing.
Speaker 1: By the numbers, twenty five hours and five minutes total length of Booker speech, one thousand, one hundred and sixty four pages of prepared material. With that, more than two hundred stories from New Jerseyans and Americans across the country shared in the speech. Three hundred and fifty million plus likes on his TikTok for live streaming the speech. Yo, you want to talk about something going viral. You just went live stream for twenty five hours and had three hundred and fifty million likes. Again, given the props where they're due. More than twenty eight thousand voicemails of encouragement left on his main office line, three hundred thousand plus largest member, the largest number of people viewing the live stream across just his platform at once, which I could I could probably get down with But y'all eleven hundred pages eleven hundred and sixty four pages of prepare material. Again as somebody who writes down and prepares material for a living YO, thirty pages front and back will cover the spare for me anyway, for how you know, when me and Jonathan do our show, if I have thirty pages front and back of notes taken, I'm gonna cover about a three possibly a three and a half hour spread with breaks for conversation in the middle to solo miket buy yourself for twenty five hours like it's that seems like almost an impossible feat to me, like that, that's mind blowing. But your boy did it. And with that, I thought it would be nice to play the closing remarks of his speech. And again I don't agree with pretty much anything he spoke on gonna be honest, but that is not the point. For the man that broke the record, I think the least we could do is listen to the last two minutes of his speech. Let's go ahead and listen in, shall we?
Speaker 4: But I know who does have the power, the people of the United States of America. The power of the people is greater than the people in power. It is time to heed the words of the man. I began this whole thing with John Lewis. I beg folks to take his example of his early days, where he made himself determined to show his love for his country. At the time, the country didn't love him to love this country so much, to be such a patriot that he endured beatings savagely on the Edmund Pettis Bridge at lunch counters on freedom rides. He said he had to do something. He would not normalize a moment like this. He would not just go along with business as usual. He wouldn't know how to solve it. But there's one thing that he would do that I hope we all can do that. I think I did a little bit of tonight. He said, for us to go out and cause some good trouble, necessary trouble to redeem the soul of our nation. I want you to redeem the dream when our founder said we must mutually pledge, pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor. We need that now from all Americans. This is a moral moment. It's not left or right, it's right or wrong. It's getting good trouble my friend, Madam President, I yield the floor.
Speaker 1: Now again. If you want to go back and listen to you all twenty five hours of it. There's tons of tons of videos of it, tons of the live stream that were recorded, and yo, mad respect, everybody left right of the aisle didn't matter. Your boy just spoke for over an entire day. Whatever. Stand class for the man. You know what I mean? That's that's insane. But yeah, all the things, all the stuff, so that happened this week. That's I think that's that's historic, right again, regardless of the politics of it, it's historic as hell and it's worth talking about. Right. So with that, before I go to the next thing here, actually know what, Yeah, let me go ahead and check out the chat because I guarantee y'all have said some things. I know Alex dropped that meme a minute ago. All shit, my bad. I completely stipped my mind to stay to say my typical what's up to shut up? Alex? You you ass uh atypical? Such a boy. Ah Royce, the resident Jew. I love it ravenly. It's crazy he went that long. Yeah again, respect, and at the end you could tell he was kind of like flubbing some words here and there, but I mean I flub words after an hour of speaking. Your boy was going at it that long. Good God, like he earned his money on that day. I'll give him that. He earned his paycheck with this one. Stephanie, what you got? Well?
Speaker 5: My question, I just so the point of a filibuster isn't it to block a bill? And I, you know, personally, I think I could go for twenty four hours if you give me a couple of shots of fireball. I could tell you some stories. I don't know if it would be productive, but I could tell you some stories. But it isn't the whole point. What bill was he trying to block? Isn't that the point of a filibuster?
Speaker 1: It can be, That's the thing. I'm not even sure if there was a bill he was necessarily trying to block, or what the case was. But I mean, if nothing else, twenty five hours of a speech in general, and again he's talking about causing good trouble and his entire speech was very much just anti Trump because again Booker has been a very big proponent of anti Trump, you know, rhetoric, as everybody on the left is wanted to do, especially right now, and I didn't. I didn't actually go back and watch the nuances of it because I know Booker's quality and he is a true blue politician and I don't typically have much aligned with that side. So I didn't go back and look at the nuances. But just for the history or you know, precedence of this, to break a record in that way, that's that's quite a flex especially because he broke the record from a guy who was going against the Civil Rights Act in the fifties, and it was this guy that broke that record. Like, I'm at least give them the tip of the hat and the props where they're due. You know, that's just me. And again, I would like to go back and check it out. Let's see here. Alexandra said, it sounded like he was about to start bawling, like he listened to MCR. Yeah, oh yeah, a Booker listened to my chemical romance. I would I would actually be actually that'd be a little bit more of a step up. I'd give him a little bit more props if I found out he was a closet emo kid. I doubt it. I doubt it. He's way too much of a stuff. But uh yeah, not talking to twenty five hours is long, but damn yeah, Alex is straight up drinking from the bottle. You know what Alex be doing that?
Speaker 2: And for what Alex got going on a pole up?
Speaker 1: Okay you do you boo boo. Ain't nobody judging you here?
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here Merlin, welcome, Welcome to the group.
Speaker 1: Meeting dog.
Speaker 2: We got two recovering Mormons in the group.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true. We do on this. On this particular episode of the Cage to Night, we got two recovering Mountain Jews that are I'm not saying, seen the light and are going towards it.
Speaker 2: At least they just left the darkness.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it at that, you know. Uh But anyway, anyway, getting back on track here, So, another massively historic thing happened just today. Everybody, I don't know who's been keeping up with what type of news source or whatever's going on. All week, we have been hearing that the stocks are tanking and America is probably in a recession right now. We just can't admit it because bet bet bet bap and I've heard it from the left. I've heard even some from the right that are saying that America is in a soft recession right now and it's only gonna get worse from here. Did anybody notice that the stock prices and extee me that the Dow jumped up three thousand points today. Now I thought this was a joke. I thought this was like a gimmick. I thought it was clickbait. No, no, no, no, it is not. And with that, Trump basically just put China in a stranglehold. And is I think he's get ready to lube up to bend him over. That seems to be the gesture that's taking place right now. At the same time, he put a ninety day hold on all other tariffs to all other countries as an extra middle finger to Ji, which I am a fan of, because if anybody has ever heard me speak, you know I'm not the biggest fan of the CCP or jijuping like at all. But I didn't see it coming. I definitely didn't see this one coming. And I think that this is kind of what happens. Remember when we were talking about the ceasefire deals that were happening with Russia and Ukraine, or at least what he was trying to make happen. He basically strong armed Ukraine to come to the negotiation table, and everybody thought he was just the He's an ass for doing it this way, Bob, Bob Bob. Then Ukraine went to the other side of things, tried to get help from other people, realized that there was no help to be had decided to come to the negotiation table. He tried doing the same thing with Russia. Russia went back on their word, and he's working that deal. This is kind of how I guess these backdoor business deals happen with these fortune five hundred CEOs. It's strong armed leverage and it's mafioso style sit downs. But because he's the president now everything is out in the public. So when he's trying to strong arm China in playing ball and they're deciding that they don't want to play ball, he decided that he's gonna make them an offer that they can't refuse. And he's not doing it with weapons. He's not gonna hold a gun to GI's head. He's gonna make him hold a gun to his own head. And that seems to be the play here, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Raven I was gonna say a lot of people have been asking, like what if, like people could explain what tariffs are and how they work. That's been a big conversation because a lot of people don't really understand how it actually works. So if you could break that down for people, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And again I'm not an economist by any means.
Speaker 1: But I literally had to break this down to my twelve year old earlier today because he had asked about this. So, all right, I'm gonna give an example. Let's say that if I wanted to open a food cart a Lucky Dog stan right whatever, chicken and waffle stand, because that is a dream of mine to open a fucking chicken and wafflestand I will do it one day. Anyway, if I wanted to open this type of a food cart in the French Quarter in New Orleans, Okay, once I get the cart, and once I get the health code and all that stuff, I have to get a state permit to sell food. I then have to get a Jefferson Parish permit to sell food. I would then have to get a French Quarter permit to sell food there, right, these are you want to call them extortion fees? Fine, interchangeable dialogue. That is kind of how the tariff game works on the macro. That was a very micro example. Now cut to the macro. Let's cut to the world stage here. If Pakistan wants to if we want to sell something in Pakistan, we have to pay a ten percent tariff to the Pakistani government for anything that says I'm made in the USA to be sold there. And it's not just towards the US. Countries do this against each other, and it's not like it's understood to be the way it goes. You're paying your extortion fee. You're paying for the right or the ability for your goods to be sold in this place. Okay, It's like a thing of a licensing fee something similar. Okay. Now America is a nation of consumers. That is what we do, Okay. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's not necessarily a good thing either. It's just kind of how everything is shaken out historically speaking.
Speaker 2: And as I always explaining this to my kid as a matter.
Speaker 1: Of fact, we got home and I open my garage and he's like, what do you mean by that. I'm like, look inside this garage right now, do you see anything that we require as a family. Or do you see stuff, you know, you see bikes, I got my armor picked up in there. You see some weights over here, you see that. But like maybe the tools that I have, you could argue that that's a need. But like other than that, this whole garage is filled with things that we don't actually require for survival. Right. Other countries don't have that, some do, some don't, and there's varying degrees of that. But the reason why is because Americans like to buy stuff. That's something that we really love doing. Other countries, yeah, they like to buy stuff, but they don't always have the means to buy stuff or the stuff to buy. Okay, now keep this in mind. So America, being the nation of consumers as it is, and as it has been for quite some time, we have operated under a policy of no tariffs. There are some countries that get teariffed a little bit here, a little bit here, and there are some that we straight out say we're not buying any of your products. And like you know, if there's a time of war whatever, that's why. Like Cuban cigars, for instance, were illegal to be sold in America or even illegal to have here because we have put up these type of you know, embargoes, right, but that's different. Basically, an embargo is we're not buying any of your shit. A tariff is okay, we will allow you to sell your goods in our store or in this case, on our soil, but you're gonna pay the United States government x amount percentage wise to sell your goods in our country. Does that kind of clear it up for everybody? Now, when we pay that extortion fee, it's understood that that's quiit pro quote, that's the status quo of the day. We have always operated with a lot of these countries with no tariffs because we want to buy their goods for super super cheap.
Speaker 2: Now here's where that's kind of screwed us in the long run.
Speaker 1: Once upon a time, we were a manufacturing hub, not to the realm of sweatshops by any means, but we made our own goods here and you didn't have to pay shipping costs. When you build stuff two states over or at least, the shipping costs are substantially less. But this is why all of these American companies get their American goods quote unquote made in China because yeah, you might be paying the shipping costs, but you're paying five cents an hour in labor. And whenever you account for the shipping costs and all of that, it's it's the same thing. It actually equates to them making more money if they outsource the labor force to put things together, or to weld certain things, or to make little components, or whatever the case may be. It depends, you know, industry to industry here. So now Trump has said, all right, if we're trying to hook up the American people, what we're gonna do is we're gonna put tariffs on everyone for everything, and some higher than others. And there's political reasons for that and socioeconomic reasons for that, and I get this, but basically he's saying that every country, the same way that they make US America pay a tariff to be sold in other countries, we are going to reciprocate this. And this is why he let out this list of reciprocal tariffs. Basically, he's saying, you're charging us ten percent, we're charging you ten percent. Now, what does this look like on the real market here? Okay, energy drink, Okay, there's an easy example. Let's say this costs three fifty at the store. I don't actually know if that's what it costs. It's about that. It depends on the gas station. Sometimes I can get two for five. That's neither here nor there. So let's say three fifty for the energy drink. Okay, cool. It may have cost just throwing out random numbers here, just bear with me, maybe fifty cents to actually produce this energy drink. Okay.
Speaker 2: And if you want to account, let's say that this was a.
Speaker 1: Foreign made drink. This I think is a Coca Cola product, but neither here nor there. Let's say that it's a foreign drink. And when you account for the shipping and everything, let's say you're adding on an extra dollar, give or take. So now you have a dollar fifty to put it on the shelf, you're selling it for three fifty. You're still making a solid profit margin. Okay. And again I don't actually know if these are real figures. It's just for the example. But if you were to throw a ten percent tariff on that, that means that you also are charging the foreign country thirty five cents for every one of these sold on US soil. Okay, And that's a that's literally just the fee for you to come here and play the game. You want to sell your goods here, we will be taking thirty five or ten percent right off the top, and that goes to the US government. Okay, Now, a lot of people think that that means that, oh, well, the price of the good will increase because the company's not gonna pay that. In certain cases, yes, and in certain cases strong arm leverage will happen and they'll say no, no, you're not increasing the price, or we'll just make it to where you can't sell your goods here, period. And that's kind of how this goes. It's the same way when America sells goods in other countries, we pay the tariff. The consumer doesn't pay that tariff the American company. If you were to have a T shirt company in America, and it'd be a very compliant company, which for everybody who doesn't know, that means it is a basically every component of the company is US through and through, or at least within the realms of basically completely one made in the USA, right, the inink, the cotton, the manufacturing, the whole nine. Right. If you have a very compliant T shirt company, and you're trying to sell a T shirt in France. The company is paying a ten percent tariff to the French government. The French government is not charging the buyer and extra ten percent off the top to make that up. And that's why I've never understood when people were like, the terrifts are going to screw over the people. It doesn't work like that anywhere else on earth. Why would it work that way in America? But I digress. I have I kind of paying a decent picture. Here have I gotten people lost in the weeds? If I have? Please tell me I can go back now you're good.
Speaker 7: I was just ta.
Speaker 6: I'm putting the chat of about the consumerism of like when it really started and stuff it started in like nineteen fifty two that's where the big push started, and then from nineteen fifty two to sixty four, as when they did the real designs for how to make because like everybody, like all of our grandparents always said like, oh, well, back in my day, things were made, and like we bought one thing and that was it. And it's true, they're still around. You can buy them at antique stores and like you can use them. It's because it was done by design to be able to create a consumerism, because if you built something so good, then nobody ever has to buy it. Like in Japan, instead of having the consumerism mindset, they have shops around everywhere that you can repair almost everything, even broken plates and glass. You can take it in and they'll actually use like different types of metal or different types of product to make it look artistic, but put it back together so you don't have to buy it, so they're not consuming so much. But here it's pushed in almost everything, every cartoon, even in Looney Tunes, it was heavily pushed to be consumers. That's where they really started to add it and to get to the children to be able to grow up and be consumers. So it all is a big game here in America, but really not overseas as much.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I would even say that the nineteen eighties were the first time that children, in particular teenagers but even younger were actually looked at for their marketability. Right. There was a whole wave of movies, any of those iconic eighties movies that you can think of that were geared towards high school kids, even though everyone acting in them were like in their mid twenties, either here or there, it was geared towards the high school students, and there was products that were being pushed in such a way because they realized, wait a minute, in the past, we were always going after the dad, right as far as the consumerism was concerned, because everything was a single income household.
Speaker 2: Then when it got to the men and the women both had to.
Speaker 1: Go to work to support the family, then they saw it that they could double their profit margins. Finally, they realized, mostly high school kids have jobs after school, meaning they have money to blow, meaning that we can get that money from them. So they started looking at the younger generation as the next base of consumers. They started to lay it in really thick. Cut to the nineties when the only channel that didn't have commercials playing was the Disney Channel, and the only commercials they had playing were Disney commercials. But that's a whole other talk for a whole other day. But yeah, they've started to really push the entire mindset of shoppers, consumers, people that buy stuff from the very oldest to the very youngest in America. Now cut to what just happened as of today in America. So Donald Trump. You know, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen and we're just gonna talk about it from some people that are way better explaining it than I am. This is a CNBC television event, and I think this is also they have some Australians that we're speaking one to hear. Trump announces a ninety day tariff pause for at least some countries. Let's listen in. Meghan Casella is in our DC bureau. Megan, maybe you can enlighten us with more Kelly.
Speaker 8: We are just sifting through everything that we're seeing in this true social post. But two major developments I'm going to go first. That the President says he is authorizing a ninety day pause and substantially lowering the reciprocal tariff during this period of ten percent effective immediately. There's some fuzzy language here. The upshot is that there's a ninety day pause in the reciprocal tariff. What I'm not clear on is whether we go to zero during that time or two back where we were, or if the ten percent tariff remains in place. Either way a major step forward. The President says that this is because more than seventy five countries have called representatives of the United States. Negotiations are ongoing, and so he's instituting this ninety day pause. In the meantime, on the other hand, some negative news on China, saying that based on the lack of respect that China has shown to the world's markets, he's raising the tariff on China to one hundred and twenty five that's, of course up from the one hundred and four percent that took effect just at midnight, now going even higher to one hundred and twenty five percent, because he does not like the way China has been retaliating rather than coming to the United States and wanting to negotiate. So two major step forwards here. One obviously very good for the markets. You're seeing the markets react to that. The other one on China looking like, you know, they don't like the lack of respect that they see. So we are looking at a world in which things continue to get worse with China, one of our largest trading partners but of course not the largest, but getting much better with everybody else, at least temporarily while these negotiations, Kelly are ongoing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's break this down, shall we.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read this article from Investipedia and just for the record, one hundred and twenty five percent tariff on West Taiwan aka China. So what that means is, basically, if you're buying a product for one dollar from China, China is paying the United States government a dollar twenty five for the opportunity to sell a one dollar product. Here. Yeah, he's he's he's not even pissing in their face and calling it rain. He's letting them know exactly what it is, and he's laughing about it. And that makes me happy. That makes me so happy because West Taiwan has been needing to get put in their place for a good little while now, but neither here nor there. What you see him holding right here in this picture is the reciprocal tariff chart, and he is showing what tariffs these countries have been putting on us for forever and now what he is planning on doing to them in reciprocity. Okay, he's not trying to strong arm leverage the entirety of the world, yeah China, sure, in a couple other countries in particular, but for the most part, he's trying to make it equal and fair. If you're gonna charge us ten percent. You will now be charged ten percent. This is just gonna be the way it's gonna be. Well, then nobody's gonna make money in that case. That would be the point He's trying to make the fair and balanced. Either we're all gonna deal in playball, or nobody's gonna deal in playball. That's how Donnie t does business. And I know the left is really upset by that, but you know, hey, all right, here we go. Here. Countries are reacting to widespread terariffs proposed by the United States, and there are two distinct approaches.
Speaker 2: Some countries are attempting to negotiate deals with the US in hopes of lowering tariffs, while none has been seen or none has been successful yet, President Donald Trump paused his most extreme tariff's Wednesday, just hours after they had been implemented, in an effort to make tailored deals with each country. The administration said, And.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the report? Seventy five countries have directly called the White House willing to make deals. Yes, yes, this is the result of this, and I know people are gonna get upset by that for some reason. Oh No, American companies will be able to make more money now. He's so evil anyway, Others retaliated in the early hours of the day, enforcing their own additional tariffs on US goods. In response. The largest retaliation Trump reattached or ratcheted the import duties on Chinese goods. Other countries that answered Trump's tariffs with import tax of their own did not see any US response. Yet. Here are a lists or some of the countries that are taking different approaches. Okay, so this is the retaliating countries. Separate countries are responding to Trump's tariffs with additional import taxes on the US products. Trump has said that if the countries retaliate, he will increase the reciprocal tariffs on that country. China. Obviously, China has already planned a thirty four percent retaliatory tax or tariff. Last week, in response, Trump ratcheted up tariffs on Chinese goods to one hundred and four percent, and those went into effect early Wednesday mornings. That would make the all encompassing total percent. Neither he nor there The Chinese government responded by raising its levy on US goods to eighty four percent.
Speaker 2: So they're trying to play this game. But they're also not willing to go all in, or at.
Speaker 1: Least not at this time. Anyway, the US practice of escalating tariffs on China is a mistake on top of a mistake which seriously infringes on China's legitimate rights and interests and seriously damages the rules based multilateral trading system. China's Ministry of Finance said, all right, now, I want everybody to keep that in mind, because I got a video we're gonna play here in a little bit that shows that this sitting like a nuanced thing that Trump's doing. For decades now, Democrats were pushing for US to put harder trade tariffs on China, but when Trump does it, he's evil. But we're gonna get to all of that in kind, I promise you. As I repeatedly said, China is the most imbalanced economy in the history of the modern world, and they are the biggest source of US trades problem, said Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent in a press conference with reporters after the increased were announced. Okay, and again, we're gonna talk more about the whole China thing in a bit, but I digress. Let's move on the European Union is taking retaliatory approaches here. The European Union officials voted Wednesday to implement retaliatory tariffs on US goods. The blocks tariff will affect around twenty three point two billion dollars in US exports, according to Bloomberg, a very very liberal media outlet, and are in response to the steel and aluminum teriffs previously implemented. According to a statement released by officials, the EU considers US tariffs unjustified in damaging, causing economic harm to both sides as well as the global economy. The statesman said, the EU has stated its clear preference to find negotiated outcomes with the US which would be balanced and mutually beneficial. They they're saying that because we're giving them equal tariffs to what they're putting on us. But all right. The tariffs will be implemented on April fifteenth, and could be suspended should two governing bodies reach a deal. Canada, Now, Canada and the US, I know we're neighbors. We've been on very friendly terms for a good while.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: Trudeau sucks. We all agree. The guy that's about to take his place also sucks. I've done more research into him. He's literally a Trudeau junior, but neither here nor there. And Trump has been saying a lot of things about, yes, I know, annexing Canada, they're gonna be the fifty first state. They're not. They're not, y'all, they're not. That's that's him talking shit. I think most people could understand that, although if it does happen, I mean at this point, at this point, I don't even know if that would shock me. But you know, let's get into it here. The US's neighborhood, the North also focused on auto tariffs, implementing a twenty five percent import tax on American made vehicles. These teriffs, like the US counterparts, exclude US MCA automobiles. Shocker. We are responding today with and we responded throughout the day with carefully collaborated and targeted counter tariffs. Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney reportedly said during a press coop difference Canada was included in the countries with a base tariff of ten percent under the pressure announced wednesday by Trump. Okay, let's just make sure we get that right here. We gave them a ten percent, just flat tariff that we've given to every other country as well. They responded with a twenty five percent tax on cars. I keep using the term tax, excuse me, tariff. That's not very reciprocal of them. But also we put that on all Canadian goods. They put it on just the automobiles. So like all right, Canada was included with the countries on the base of ten percent under a pause announced Wednesday by Trump, but since said but it was not immediately clear what that meant on tariff announced previously on the country that were not included in the reciprocal framework. Okay, so with that, he did put a hard pause on all tariffs, and as of this very moment, the only country that's being tariff that hard is China. Every the other one that he put that flat tariff on is currently lifted for ninety days. So he's giving them the opportunity before he puts the screws to them. He is giving them the opportunity to come to the negotiation table and make a deal. Again. Your boy wrote the book The Art of the Deal. This is how this goes down now, Negotiating Treasury Secretary of Scott Since said seventy countries had called to negotiate trade deals at the beginning of the week. Trump has posted on true social that he has met with or had calls with several countries. Below are some countries that are confirmed to be making an attempt to negotiate lower tariffs. Japan. Japanese government officials have been in talks with Trump since the beginning of last week beginning of the week excuse me. According to the reports, the country seeks to negotiate down the twenty four percent tariff that the US is charging on Japanese imports. Japan has long been an economic ally, with the US importing one hundred and forty eight point two billion dollars of goods from Japan last year, so I get it doesn't want to be tariffic that they're making that monet off of us, so they're willing to come to the negotiation table. Twenty four percent is not a little bit, Y'all's a that's a pretty hefty chunk. Vietnam. Vietnam's first attempt to deal with was dismissed by Trump's trade advisor Peter Navarro early in the week, but it reportedly is still attempting to negotiate with the administration.
Speaker 2: Many companies move their manufacturing out of China.
Speaker 1: In recent years, as wages have increased and tears put on China in Trump's first administration increased costs. Nike, for example, sources large portions of its shoes and apparel from Vietnam, according to its most recent annual report. So Vietnam started to become the new sweatshop country. Right, China had to increase wages. And that's another point. If the tariffs are going to hurt the American consumer, then why is China increasing their pay to their employees. Right? They're increasing the call of goods, which increases everything across the board. So China is feeling the effects of the tariffs that Trump put in on his first go round. Why are people all of a sudden believing that the Nike shoes will get more expensive in America. It gets more expensive for China to make them and send them to us, it doesn't get more expensive for us to buy them. This is proof in the pudding, if you will. So now Vietnam being the new sweatshop hub, or at least if some is getting these tariffs and they are trying to get a hold of the White House to make a negotiation, I like it South Korea. We're homers of South Korea. But also ever a body can get these tariffs. That's the motives operandi that Trump is working on right now. On Tuesday, Trump wrote on a social media site that True Social that he had a great call with South Korea Acting President and Prime Minister ham Duck Sou. I swear to God, I'm not mature enough to try to pronounce these names. I'm sorry. Uh have we have the confines and probability of a great deal for both countries, Trump wrote, Their top team is on a plane headed to the US and things are looking good. The US levied a twenty five percent tariff on South Korean goods when widespread tariffs went into effect in the early hours on Wednesday. Okay, so that's just a few of the countries. But we do have another list right here that shows every country working on trade deals with the US. And this was April seventh, so this is a couple of days ago.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: Israel.
Speaker 2: Israel Prime Minister Benjamin n Yahoo is in Washington, DC on.
Speaker 1: Monday to meet with Trump. Hashing out economic deal in the near is near the top of his priority list. Oh, go ahead, royceid know on this one.
Speaker 7: Actually, this actually has nothing to do with Israel.
Speaker 10: This was actually on the previous page where there was that picture of Trump holding the taxes because it seemed like on one hand, there are the blist was a lot higher than that which we were given as opposed to the other side, which is like so really even the tariffs that were given is not nearly as bad as what we're being getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, oh no, no, there that have us under twenty five percent tariff. Trump just gave them ten and they are losing their minds about it. And the reason why is because America has way more consumers to buy their goods. I just heard of economic economists excuse me, talk about this earlier.
Speaker 2: For instance, the iPhone just shot out of a cannon.
Speaker 1: Here. It is much more advantageous for China to sell us the iPhone America the iPhone because more Americans can afford an iPhone, as opposed to them going to I don't know, Columbia and maybe be able to sell fifty thousand iPhones give or take. In America. That's like the most popular cell phone and we have a nation of hundreds of millions. So this is why they're absolutely feeling the brunt of this. So all these countries understand that they we will buy their shit. That's what America does. We buy things. We are a consumer nation, so any tariff put on them hurts their bottom dollar, it doesn't hurt us. So even a ten percent tariff levied against them, and even if it isn't in reciprocity, even if a country has a ten percent tariff on American goods, when America puts a ten percent tariff on their goods.
Speaker 2: They feel that way more than we do.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, if you're gonna play ball in our field, then you're gonna pay the ticket to play ball in our field. And at least that's the over under of what Trump's trying to get done. So all right, so net and Yahoo, long story short, he is trying to negotiate these tariffs out of his out of his way. Here Japan, we already talked about the UK. Britain was hit with a ten percent tariff, the least severe tier of Trump's wider tariff plan. Nevertheless, UK leaders say they hope to secure a carve out in the coming weeks, but they said the relatively low tariff level was already evidence of some success. Business Minister Jonathan Reynolds said negotiating negotiations are ongoing, telling reporters that it is not inaccurate. Jesus, I can't speak right now reporters that it is not inaccurate that the two sides have agreed to a deal. We've got to keep this work going, he said. Okay, so the UK is trying to play ball, and they're at least acknowledging that ten percent was the lowest rung of the tariff deal, so maybe they could schmooze their way into a lesser degree. Which, okay, that's fine. I don't know how much how many goods we buy from them, from industry or from you know, consumers, but sure. I mean, if they're able to wedge their.
Speaker 2: Way in, why not Vietnam go ahead?
Speaker 7: I have a quick question. Yeah, as far as the terriffs, so whatever we.
Speaker 10: Tax or whatever you want to call it another countries, where does that extra money go to.
Speaker 1: The United States government? Think about this, Think of it like this, a farmer's market. I think this is actually a way better example. If you want to set up a booth and a table at a farmer's market to sell your shit, right honey, whatever the case would be, you have to pay your booth fee to set up for the weekend, right. Sure, this is Trump forcing all of these countries to pay their booth fee. You want to sell your product at our market, you're going to pay the toll. So where if you're ready to go at a farmer's market to the owner of the land.
Speaker 7: Gotcha?
Speaker 10: So then does that money go into a budget for next year? Does it go into getting down our national debt? Do we have any idea if it's just going to be blown on maybe some politicians.
Speaker 1: So as of this moment, what I've heard the most of is that this money would go towards a paying off the national debt, b lowering the income tax required from the American citizens. See, this would go more towards the I don't want to say the dissolution of the IRS, but as they just fired half of the IRS employees during tax season, I think that that's more along the lines of what he's trying to do. Maybe not completely abolish the IRS, but make it to where people are not paying a third of their paychecks to the government. That would be nice, It would be very nice. It would be very very nice. And also it also goes in line with paying off our national debt because, okay, you know how whenever you owe an amount of money and it goes to a debt collection agency, you'll get a call from a Continental Continental debt collection right, and then you might pay a little bit, whatever the case would be. Three months later, you'll get a call from Golden Golf Coast collection agency. It's the same debt, it's the same bill, but now it's owned by another company. Maybe next year you'll get a call from a Snowy Mountain Peak collection agency, whatever the case would be. It's the same bill, but they have sold the debt and sold the debt and sold the debt. I think most people have understood that this happens right when America had a national debt. Okay, what they have done for years and years and years is they have taken that debt and put it on the open market. Okay, China owns a trillion dollars of America's debt, so it's not necessarily we owe China. We owe a debt that is now owned by China. So I guess it's six and one hand half dozen in the other But it's not necessarily us paying the CCP to relinquish ourselves of our own debt. But that is how they've operated for so long, and most countries do. By the way, Now, when a country goes into a national debt like this, they try to do things to try to like make up that difference. Right, They try to sell treasury bonds, They try to do things as far as the economy is concerned, to try to lessen that blow. But when it's to this scale, to the trillions of dollars, at a certain point, you have to sell that debt to someone, if you put it on the open market, rather than just pay the debt. And America has paid or sold the debt for decades. So there's multiple countries out there, and multiple big, big conglomerates, right the wroth Child's and I mean just like ooh child, No, no, no no, the global banking network owns a massive chunk of the American national debt.
Speaker 2: So, with that being said, if we were able to use the money made from these tariffs to a stop adding to the deficit, possibly get that national debt number that keeps rising and rising, maybe make that thing stop clicking up, that would be a massive win. Then we could start using.
Speaker 1: That hypothetically, hypothetically to start paying off some of these debts that have been bought and owned by other people. Because at that point, when another country owns a portion of our debt, they have leverage over us that they can call in whenever they want. Now, if they were to do that, that's the problem. Though you're calling in if China, for instance, I know I shit on them a lot, I will continue to do so, probably for the rest of my life, but neither of them. China owns a trillion dollars of our debt. If China decided to call in that debt and strong arm us into paying, we have the largest and most capable military on earth, that would more than likely lead to some sort of a false flag event and we would probably go to actual hot war with China rather than an economic cold war.
Speaker 2: And they know that, so that's why they don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's more like they're ace in the hole that they could call at any time, but they're not gonna call it ever because it also exposes their hand as far as that's concerned. These countries that own our debt are in that same boat. They have leverage against us, but they wouldn't dare call that leverage in if that makes sense. I don't know, maybe I'm completely no.
Speaker 7: I know it makes sense.
Speaker 10: Just it frustrates me that we are in this position of detriments and I just want us to get out of it. But it's like, since we are how many trillions in debt, getting it to stop will be fantastic, but it seems like it's gonna take just as long, if.
Speaker 7: Not longer, for it to go down.
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously the goal would be net zero, but I mean, how likely is that.
Speaker 1: It kind of depends on how successful these tariffs will go, because the that's the other thing too. Trump put down a ten percent flat tariff on pretty much every country, but then like, for instance, Vietnam, he hit them with a massive ninety percent tariff. Right in China's at one hundred and twenty five percent tariff as we speak. Some countries got a twenty five percent. It's all over the place, but there's reasons for it all. Now, if of the seventy to seventy five countries that have called the White House this week and are trying to work a deal, if they were to work a deal. That would help us because we would work a deal to where hey, look, you don't charge us, we don't charge you. So that also helps our overall economy, our business, not you know, maybe not you and me and the people listening right now, but American industry. It would help business, which helps America in any way, shape or form. But if these countries don't come to the negotiation table, they will be slapped with these tariffs, and Vietnam with a ninety percent tariff put on them. The Nikes that are being made in the Vietnamese sweatshops right now, Vietnam as a country will now have to pay ninety cents on the dollar for every dollar they make on US soil to the US government. And I don't know if they're really willing to do such, but if that was to happen, and that's just a Nike example, there's tons of sweatshops in Vietnam. I think there's still a communist country as a matter of fact, or at least they If they're not they it's more of a more recent thing only in the past few decades that they swapped to a different but neither here nor there, But they would lose their ass hard if they were to agree to do or not fight this in any way, shape or form. And it's not like they could fight it in a military or economic way, soil you have to come to the negotiation table or eat it, and I don't believe they're going to be willing to eat it. But that's how this works, That's how this leverage game and this kind of big business economics really happens played out. So couple this with DOGE and all the wasteful spending that they are also finding and bringing to light and stopping. I don't know what the United States government will do with all of the excess funds that they didn't have in the past few decades. I have hopes, and that's a lot more than I can say that I've had for this country since I've been born.
Speaker 2: So I'll take it as a win. Even if it's a lowercase W, it's still a W.
Speaker 7: I agreed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, like I was saying here, Vietnam got hit with a mass of ninety percent tariff and Trump announced on Friday that he already had spoken to the nation's leader, to Lom Toulm doesn't matter, Trump said, Lom has offered a to completely eliminate all tariffs in a deal with the United States through no formal agreement has been made. Just had a very productive call with to lom Is from Trump. As a matter of fact, General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was right, they are still a communist nation.
Speaker 1: That's horrible. Yeah. Who told me that Vietnam wants to cut their tariffs down to zero if they are able to make an agreement with the United States. I thank him on behalf of country and said I look forward to meeting with him in the near future. That is how deals get made. You absolutely strong arm them into compliance. I love it. And the best part he strong armed them into compliance without the threat of weapons, without the threat threat of invasion, because that's been America's big jam right as soon as something happens. Told that place needs some freedom.
Speaker 2: He's doing all this without trying to call upon the military. And somehow the Democrats are still throwing shade.
Speaker 1: It blows on mind. It blows on mind. Cambodia another very sweatshop heavy country, I might add. Cambodia's Commerce ministry reached out to the US Trade representative Jamison Greer with an offer to cut tariffs on more than a dozen categories of US goods from thirty five percent to five percent last week, and that's what the Wall Street Journal had reported on Trump's announcement last week. Hit Cambodia with a forty nine percent tariff again, so they were charging US thirty five cents on the dollar for everything America made and sold in Cambodia. So Trump said, fine, you're gonna pay US forty nine cents on the dollar. And Cambodia has sweatshops and they sell a lot of things here. By sel, I mean you'll see a tax saying made in Cambodia or something to that effect. So now they're going, hey, maybe thirty five's a bit hasty. Maybe we could charge all five cents on the dollar. And Trump's like, I look forward to talking to you. Yes, this is this is beautiful Thailand again, very much so. Thai commerce minister. Yeah, I'm not even going to try to pronounce that name confirm to Reuters that he is seeking negotiations with the United States, though the nation's government hasn't made it a formal offer on the tariff charges. Well, he's looking to negotiate. We'll see how that goes India. The White House hit India with a twenty seven percent tariff, but India's leaders are not considering retaliation, according to a government official who spoke with Reuters. Instead, India has informed the US that it is willing to cut tariffs on more than half of US imports, totaling some twenty three billion dollars as part of an initial deal. I'm liking the sound of all of this thus far. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: South Korea, we talked about that a minute ago.
Speaker 1: I don't see any percentages really, but yeah, we covered that already. Australia. Australia's Liberal Party leader Peter Dutton called for a quick or for call for quick negotiations with the United States last week, saying Australia could hope for a good deal thanks to its access to critical minerals and its close defense relationship with the United States in the Indo Pacific. Reuters reported with that Royce, you had brought up a moment ago about these things. Here, all right, let's just look at this picture real quick. And this is not the whole list. I think I haven't pulled up in another article here, but all right, on the left, we have tariffs charged to the United States, that's things that we are paying to them, Like we're getting screwed here, and the US discounted recipprocessual reciprocal jesus ris. Yeah, China charges us sixty seven percent. We only have been charging them thirty four okay, European Union thirty nine twenty, Vietnam ninety forty six. Uh oh yeah, charge with the US, Taiwan sixty four percent, the discount reciprocal tariffs thirty two percent, Japan forty six and twenty four, India fifty two and twenty six, South Korea fifty percent, twenty five percent, Thailand seventy two percent, thirty six percent, Switzerland sixty one thirty one, Indonesia sixty four percent, thirty two percent, Malaysia forty seven percent, twenty four percent. So again, I'm liking this. I'm liking this. There are some countries down here that are a ten to ten swap, and like, okay, fair is fair. But yeah, this is the overall plan. If they're not going to give us a good deal, He's going to force them to give us a good deal or they'll lose their entire ass in the deal. I love this. Argentina is one of the few countries that have already met with the White House regarding a tariff deal. Argentine Foreign Minister Heraldo Worthene Yeah, said he met with the US trade negotiator Jameson Greer and the Secretary of Commerce Howard Lutnik on Thursday in Washington. He said he was hopeful that he would soon come to an acceptable free trade agreement. Okay, Canada, we talked about them a moment ago. Mexico. Mexican President Claudia Sheenbaum confirmed last week that her economic minister would be traveling to Washington, d c. And early April to hold tariff negotiations. Yeah, I'll bet so. She said her administration was particularly interested in auto, steel and aluminum industries. According to CNN Switzerland, the Swiss President Karen Keller Sutter said on Thursday that her country plans to seek trade talks of Washington and her government has no plans to retaliate with its own tariffs in the mean time. Very very wise move of you, Malai.
Speaker 10: What I said unlike a typical Karen.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's but also look the way it's spelled.
Speaker 1: It's not a typical Karen whitch Hey good things. I'm glad that she's uh recognizing the writing on the wall and is like, hey, bro, we don't want no smoke. We're count We're down to come talk with you. And he's like, yeah, come on, talk with me, all right. Malaysia. Malaysian leaders have also confirmed that they will not retaliate against Trump's tariffs. The nation's trade ministry said it is looking to actively engage with the US to seek solutions that will uphold the spirit of a free and fair trade. Very good. We already talked about the EU a little bit. Indonesia Trump's administry. Oh god, when that happens, hold only on an ad'll pop up and it shifts the entire article. Indonesia. Trump's administration smacked Indonesia with a thirty two percent tariff last week. The president nope, I'm not even try that one. The President of Indonesia has already dispatched a delegation to Washington for negotiations before the tariffs take effect on Wednesday. So again, as we see, without the use of military force, without the threat of violence or anything like that, Trump is making moves happen and again this makes me extremely happy. You know, before I read any more of these articles, I'm gonna go ahead and check out the chat because I think there was some Yeah, there was some more things dropped on this one. Here. Let's see here, that's why I buy American whiskey over foreign whiskey, so says Alex, I love it. What if countries were saw or what if countries were saw blades? I mean, he didn't Argentina. Didn't that prime minister come in with a chainsaw and he was gonna cut tariffs and taxes out of his country, which he did. He's kind of crazy, but in a good way. And then Elon Musk did the exact same thing later on, but then when he did it, he was a psycho and whatever. Anyway, silks, okay, I had I failed to see a problem at all trying to consuct the agreed agreed Alex Jesu Pinge really needs to suck a fat Richard.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Yeah, and they are communist assholes. WHOA all right, so Raven has sent three different articles. Let me go ahead and check those out. WHOA, Okay, that is not what I thought they were gonna be about. But all right, let's go to the next one here, Sorry, y'all. As as the conversation goes on, we typically do veer off of the main talking points, and that's completely fine. Absolutely things going down in Texas, Texas ag probes controversial Muslim centric development near Dallas. Oh of course they are. I don't know why I'm even shocked anymore.
Speaker 6: Also, all three articles are about the same thing, just different perspectives and like different viewpoints. One of them is from like inside Dallas that way, Like, there's not just like a one sided thing, but there's a whole bunch of differ articles about it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Absolutely all right. Now I'm gonna go ahead and share this Green woman another again. Let's get back at it here. Let's see, we talked about that one already. I think possibly possibly. Uh let's see, this is a list of the worst hit countries, but I think we already talked about that. Oh here's a better graft though, which is I like that? Get that add there? Okay, So the full list of Trump's reciprocal reciprocal God, why do I keep messing that word up? My apology, y'all. The full list of Trump's reciprocal tariffs by country, So here we go. Here China and this was a couple of days ago, because now it's one hundred and twenty five percent on China, but as of this article is writing eighty four percent.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna move closer because that's tiny. Lesotho. I think that's an African country fifty percent, Uh, Saint Pierre and McKeon fifty percent, Cambodia forty nine percent, Lous forty eight percent, Matta Gascar forty seven percent, Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Forty six percent, Sri Lanka forty four.
Speaker 1: Percent, Miammar formerly Burma forty four percent, which is kind of crazy because they're still in the middle of a civil war right now. Last I heard, the military hunt is like backed up against the coast and they are getting onslaughts by the rebel groups, but neither here nor there. The Falkland Islands forty two percent, Syria forty one percent, and that's another one. Syria has gotten to a point where they're not a peaceful nation right now. But the guy who's currently the warlord in charge seems to be kind of a stamping out the wild things going on there, and he's trying to restore some sort of assimbilance of law and order. So, like you know, I'm not necessarily a big fan of him by any means, but at least some order is better than no order, So you know, I'll give the props for they're due there. Uh Mauritius forty percent, Iraq thirty nine percent, Botswan on A thirty eight percent, Guyana thirty eight percent, Bangladesh thirty seven percent, Serbia thirty seven percent, Liechtenstein thirty seven percent. That's something you don't really hear a lot about is the nation of Liechtenstein. But apparently they needed to catch them terraffs as well. Reunion thirty seven percent, Thailand thirty six, Bosnia and Herzegova thirty six, North Macedonia thirty three, Taiwan thirty two, Indonesia thirty two, and Gola thirty two, Fiji thirty two. Let's see Switzerland, Libya, and Moldova thirty one percent. South Africa, Nauru, Yep, Algeria all of them thirty percent, Pakistan Norfolk Island both of them twenty nine percent, Tunisia twenty eight. Let's see Kazakhstan and India both twenty seven percent. South Korea and Japan twenty five and twenty four percent, Malaysia and Brunei twenty four percent, the naw Tou don't know how to pronounce that one twenty three percent, the Ivory Coast twenty one percent, Nambia twenty one percent, the EU and Jordan both twenty percent, Nicaragua, Zimbabwe and my Maloi Yep eighteen percent, Israel, the Philippines and Zambia seventeen percent, Mozambique in Norway both sixteen percent, Venezuela and Nigeria fifteen and fourteen percent, Chad Equatorial Guinea thirteen percent, Cameron twelve percent, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo eleven percent. So again, I like this a lot. And that's just the ones that got hit the hardest. Every country got hit with a ten percent. This is just the ones that are outside of that ten percent. And again this was as of April nine, so yeah, this is updated today. Go ahead, Royce, what you got?
Speaker 10: No, So it's interesting as far as that list, one country that I didn't see was Iran.
Speaker 1: So we have an embarbaro against Iran. Oh okay, yeah, so we're not doing deals with them regardless, And I don't. I honestly can't. Can't say the last time I saw in Iranian make good in America. Actually, I'm assuming that's a thing. I just I think we just have a full on embargo against them, so the tarifflaw wouldn't even do anything. Plus, I don't even think they make anything that we would want.
Speaker 7: I could be right, right, I guess.
Speaker 10: I'm also just trying to think of where else we get our fruit oil before we're.
Speaker 7: Able to get our pipeline up and running.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, for now we buy a lot from Saudi Arabia. But I mean, even still, even with that, Trump just let out last week that the European Union, for all their shit they talk about Russia and how, oh my god, it's the biggest threat and all this and this and this, they have bought more as far as the money is concerned, the true numbers and facts and figures, the European Union has spent more money to buy Russian oil since the war began then they have given to Ukraine to support them. And that's not even He said this, and people are like, that's not true. There's no way that yo. But if you actually look at the numbers, they have spent. I think it's like a three to one ratio that the European Union as a whole has spent on buying Russian oil, keeping the Russian economy afloat, and keeping the war going on longer then they've actually given to Ukraine to help them win the war. So yeah, the Europeans are buying their oil from wherever. We buy a lot from Saudi Arabia, and we buy a lot from the Arabic countries. And as of right now, Trump is trying to get the whole drill baby drill mindset going, which I know a ton of guys in the oil field that are super happy to hear that. By the way, the roughnecks are getting back to work where they belong, I might add. But yeah, let's see, there's another list. We already kind of went down the list of the numbers and stuff like that, but I don't know. I mean, there's multiple places where they can get their oil from, and we have since, you know, for a good long while. Here is this what I yeah, already wrote this article. I can't believe I had it up on air twice. Excuse me. The Associated Press talking about the one hundred and twenty five percent tariff on China. But I mean again, that's we've kind of beaten that dead horse here. It says he raised the tariffs one hundred and twenty five percent on Wednesday, hours after China boasted or boosted the duty on American goods to eighty four percent, and an escalating battle that threatens to disrupt trade between the world's two largest economies. Citing a lack of respect, Trump set China apart from the other countries. He said in a social media post that he is pausing his so called reciprocal tariffs. Gott to write that time boys on many other trading partners because they had responded by reaching out for talks rather than retaliating. The tip for tat hikes between US and China are the latest in an ongoing trade war that threatens to raise prices for consumers in America and derailed China's attempts to reinvigorate its sluggish economy. The response from the Chinese government signals its determination not to been to Trump's pressure despite the risks. Again, I really the Associated Press being the overtly liberal publication that they are. Of course they're gonna have some things about how this is gonna hurt the American consumer.
Speaker 2: However, that's not exactly a true statement.
Speaker 1: So if it was, China wouldn't be increasing the price of things in their own country to the level they have been since Trump's initial tariffs on them took effect. But I digress, all right now. I also wanted to show this one Sky News Australia is speaking on this matter, and again Australia just came to the negotiation table, they're talking with Trump, all good things. But this news clip shows democrats from years past saying the exact same thing that Trump is saying right now, wishing that the president's at the time would have done what Trump is doing right now. But because it's Donnie t that's doing it, obviously it is evil and I think it is worth a watch. Let's check it out.
Speaker 12: Nold Trump is not bluffing about tariffs. As most of the world scrambles to book a meeting with the President to negotiate a trade deal, China is only escalating tensions with the United States.
Speaker 13: As you know, against my statement, they put a thirty four percent tariff on above what their ridiculous tariffs were already. And I said, if that tariff isn't removed by tomorrow.
Speaker 7: At twelve o'clock.
Speaker 13: We're putting a fifty percent tariff on above the tariffs that we put on. So they've done for years. They've become a rich country because of people. Again that we're in the White House that allowed this to happen.
Speaker 12: And true to his word, Donald Trump slapped a further tariff on China in a bid to level out the playing field.
Speaker 14: How about tariffs, Well, look, I just spoke to the President about this, and he believes that China wants to make a deal with the United States. He believes China has to make a deal with the United States. It was a mistake for China to retaliate.
Speaker 5: The President.
Speaker 14: When America is punched, he punches back harder. That's why there will be one hundred and four percent tariffs going into effect on China tonight at midnight. But the President believes that she and China want to make a deal. They just don't know how to get that started. And the President also wanted me to tell all of you that if China reaches out to make a deal, he'll be incredibly gracious, but he's going to do what's best for the American people.
Speaker 7: China has to call first.
Speaker 14: The Chinese want to make a deal, they just don't know how to do it. But the President will be implementing these one hundred and four percent tariffs on China tonight.
Speaker 12: He doubled down at a Republican function just hours ago, saying China will not be getting away with any more abuse under his leadership.
Speaker 11: What other presidents allow China to get away with is absolutely criminal. But I'm not like the other presidents, and it's not going to happen under President Trump.
Speaker 1: It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 11: After all of the abuses they've purpose traded, China's attempting to impose additional unjustified tariffs just so you understand, they all got rich because the tariffs.
Speaker 1: You know, now when we do it.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's so terrible what Trump is doing. It's so terrible. They got rich, and not only China, many countries. I mean, you look at Vietnam, you look at so many. I could name fifty right now. Biden couldn't do that. You couldn't have any name, one country, name any country. What's the name of our country? He doesn't know. That's why additional tariffs and Chinese goods are in place effective midnight tonight at one hundred and four percent until they make a deal with us. That's what it's going to be. I think they'll make a deal at some point.
Speaker 1: China will. They want to make a deal, they really do. They want to make it deal.
Speaker 11: They just don't know how to get it.
Speaker 9: So, because they're.
Speaker 11: Proud people, China will now pay a big number to our treasury. Is all taxes. And don't let them keep telling you that this is a tax on our people.
Speaker 1: I hate that, you know, they say it's a text.
Speaker 11: Now often much of it is paid.
Speaker 1: And hey, look what.
Speaker 11: Happened during my first term. We had no inflation.
Speaker 12: And in response to the mammoth tariff, China hit back with a very bizarre boycott. Chinese media are reporting that they will ban American films, which elicited a hilarious response from American commentators. This person said, China is banning Hollywood films as a result of the tariffs. If only I cared, Hollywood is morally bankrupt and will soon be financially bankrupt. Couldn't happen to a better group of people.
Speaker 1: I just want to throw this out here China, the communist country, is saying they're going to ban American movies in their country. I'm pretty sure they already had pretty harsh restrictions on what kind of Western media they allow right off the rib. But okay, that's that's a flat That's one of the flexes of the century, honestly. And also, listen, y'all, anytime that the news puts out these Chinese military parades and all of this, I've had this ask to me quite a few times, and I'm gonna get back to this video. I promise you it gets better. But they've asked, why doesn't America do military parades or victory parades like this to show America's might and all of these things like Russia does it, North Korea does it, China does it. Why don't we do it? Because to scale that just throwing this out here, for America to send all of its humb's just throwing it out to DC and to let one of them roll every minute, it would take three days.
Speaker 2: That's why we don't do those types.
Speaker 1: Of parades in this country because it's not Why why would we do such a thing. We don't need to flex our military might It's kind of like that old adage from the Game of Thrones, right, he who is king doesn't have to tell you he's king. I'm gonna leave that there, let's continue.
Speaker 6: But some are.
Speaker 12: Taking the move more seriously, Noting the substantial revenue that flows into Hollywood from China. This commentator said recent data shows Hollywood films generated more box office revenue in China than in the US, highlighting their significant profitability in the market. This commentator agreed, saying China to ban Hollywood films in retaliation for Trump tariffs five hundred million in US box office at risk and whilst the.
Speaker 1: Democrat again, is anybody actually upset by that like any normal people? Is anybody, like any normal American citizen like super upset that Hollywood might suffer from this? I'm pretty sure most of us can't stand Hollywood, But all right, moving on, crowd's.
Speaker 12: A deicizing the Trump administration for their courageous tariffs. It seems as though they do actually agree with him. Resurf It's footage of Chuck Schumer passionately advocating for a twenty seven point five percent tariff on China in two thousand and five sounds remarkably similar to the point Trump has been making.
Speaker 15: It says to the Chinese enough already. It says to the Chinese that their unfair trade policies have got to end.
Speaker 7: It says to the Chinese, this.
Speaker 15: Is a shot across your bow reform, because if you don't, there are going to be dramatic consequences throughout the world, in our country and in your country as well. The bottom line is very simple, mister President. The Chinese have enjoyed a huge trade surplus with the United States, as this chart shows, every year it gets larger and larger and larger.
Speaker 12: And if we go further back, Nanci Pelosi echoed the same criticism against China in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 16: How far does China have to go, how much more repression, how big a trade deficit and loss of jobs for the American worker, and how much more dangerous proliferation has to exist before members of this House of Representatives will say, I will not endorse.
Speaker 1: The status quo.
Speaker 16: As I mentioned, it's about jobs, proliferation, and human rights. And there are those who say we shouldn't link human rights in trade and proliferation and trade.
Speaker 1: I disagree.
Speaker 16: But if we just want to take up this issue on the basis of economics alone. Indeed, China should not receive Most Favored Nation status.
Speaker 12: And in twenty twelve, Barack Obama took a similar hardline stance against China.
Speaker 17: We had a tire case in which they were utting us with cheap domestic tires or cheap Chinese tires, and we put a stop to it and as a consequence, saved jobs throughout America. I have to say that Governor Romney criticized me for being too tough in that tire case, said this wouldn't be good for American workers, and then it would be protectionists. But I tell you those workers don't feel that way.
Speaker 12: But of course when Trump does it, the Democrats lose their minds.
Speaker 8: This newfound hatred of tariffs from the left stands in stark opposition to what Democrats were saying in the past.
Speaker 1: Beautifully said, beautifully said, I love it. I absolutely love it. They throw shade when it, you know, goes in line with them, and then they also take a stance when it's not anyway. At home, real quick, we're going to check out the chat real quick. If anybody wants to chime in with some thoughts. Please feel free to do so. No need to raise a hand here. Let's see the hell. Now is a perfect time to buy before everything skyrockets. Yes, but also I would I am very curious to see which items and which types of things actually do skyrocket and how many of these things actually go down in price, because now that we're imposing tariffs on them, maybe they'll come off of it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know that for a fact. I'm excited to see what happens next.
Speaker 1: Thus far, it's been nothing but green lights as far as my research is shown. Yep, I'm giddy and feel better for it. Thank you, Merlin. I agree good things there. I'm glad that the trend is lower. Hold on, Raven, you sent something here. What is this representative? Marjorie Taylor Green? Okay, China should stop murdering Americans with fentanyl instead of trying to fight a tariff battle they can't win. God, I love when she talks that shit. Absolutely, America is a consumption economy and we have the upper hand, and China imposes the death penalty for selling drugs in their own country, So they need to stop being hypocrites and stop murdering Americans. I agree with what Miss Green is saying. However, that's also I think that's China's ploy, right. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that they showed that baby toys from China actually had lead paint on them, and it was, like, I kind of think it was a long form way of trying to reduce America's population, whether we're at an actual war with China or a Cold war or an economic war. Listen, the fact of the matter is China is currently our biggest enemy, our biggest threat to the American way of life. I know that's going to be counterintuitive to what some people believe, and that whole situation with Obama, with the with the tires, you know, sales and all of that. Mitt Romney one of the most prolific rhinos to ever walk through DC. Let's not forget his kid was also involved in the Beisma scandal in Ukraine alongside Hunter Biden, alongside Chelsea Clinton. So to see that he was also super in bed with China with a tire deal, that also sounds like it's pretty much the standard.
Speaker 2: Mitt Romney's kind of been a cuck for way too long.
Speaker 1: Here, Merlin says, you know, I feel bad about anyone whose retirement was in for one case, but I've got to say, it's really hard to choose which stock to pick since all of them are so low. Yes, I agree with that. However, the S and P five hundred is currently up three thousand points, So I mean I and again I I can't get down with the stock market. I'm not good at gambling. I never have been, and I understand it's in a style of investing, not knocking it, not throwing shade. I just also don't get down with it myself because it's nothing that you can actually bank on. The stocks go up and down based off of who won the last election. You know, it plummets for any reason that it just decided to do. Bubbles happen and then they burst, and there's so much outside sources that can affect it. I don't see that as a viable retirement option, although it's the most viable that most people deal with. And I agree, there's a lot of people that have absolutely lost their ass in the four oh one k in the stock markets under Biden since Trump's been in. Yeah, it took it took a good spike, then it dipped a little bit. Today it's at a massive spike. The pendulum is gonna swing both ways on this. I know that it's gonna come down, that three thousand is not gonna stay where it's at, but I also have hopes that it will continue to go up. The American economy seems to be in a very upward trajectory, especially now that these terrifts are getting put on countries. So I have hopes. That's just me here, let's see, let's continue here, Raven said super off note, but multiple articles dropped women over forty having babies or having babies that team for the first time in decades. Oh, women over forty are having more babies than teens for the first time in decades. I find that to be good. Yes, I mean not necessarily the over forty part. Fine, whatever, I don't you know, as long as you're doing it healthily and you're not putting yourself for the baby at risk. Fine, But like, that's good that adults are having more kids than teenagers for the first time in a long time. That's a very positive step in the right direction of my opinion. But hey, positive things here. It's like the South Park episode when China was consensoring everything, and Randy had to kill Winnie the Pooh. I couldn't give less of a fuck about some dumbass communist lepon. Yes, Alex, Yes, I absolutely agree. It's good.
Speaker 2: On here it says, uh, what do you mean, Eu Loo, She's a total fox?
Speaker 1: Wait? Which one? Pelosi br Okay Merlin, Okay, I'm gonna need you to justify that statement. Yes, I know that Nancy Pelosi's got them heavy's owner. I wouldn't call her a fox. Mighty means dude. I mean maybe in her younger days. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 9: That's the total opinion. They asked about context. I should have put parentheses around total fair.
Speaker 1: Enough, fair enough, fair enough. Although I did find it interesting that her and Chuck Schumer and Obama were all saying the same thing about tariffs on China that yeah, that's.
Speaker 9: Totally crazy like but that seems to be the cycle with everything, Like before Trump was all all against COVID and saying it was from China. Everybody was selling him to lock down, do this, do that, do this, it's China's bah blah blah blah. Can you just say something? And then they all turned on him. As soon as he started saying something yeah, it was like, hmmm, but with that whole thing, that's that's crazy. Like did you see how before the COVID virus got locked down and the lockdowns happened, that they were actually protesting in China because they wanted democracy rights, And then all of a sudden, this COVID virus gets put out and everything goes on lockdown, shutting down their protests completely. That blew my mind. I was like, why isn't that.
Speaker 7: In the news.
Speaker 1: Well, the news that we get out of China is very heavily scripted. It's like news from Russia. It's Russian state media, So I mean, it's never going to be the entire full story. There is currently riots in Moscow and in Saint Petersburg all over Russia calling for Putin to be brought down. Well, we'll never hear about that, or at least not on any kind of mainstream source. If anything's going to be fringe and quote unquote tabloid sources, because oh no, the Russians love Putin.
Speaker 2: He's there, exalted leader, bro. He has sent how many millions.
Speaker 1: Or to the front lines. I think their death toll, right, now is rapidly approaching. Well, I say death toll, it's a casualty toll, because not all casualties end in death. But yo, they have absolutely lost over half a million, if not approaching six hundred thousand right now. And I mean that's not a good thing. And nobody in Russia won it in the first place, no matter what the media will tell you that they wanted. It's yeah, but of course we're not going to hear that. China with the same thing going on. They had riots all over China before the lockdowns happened, then the lockdowns took place, and again it's I would rather the lockdowns in China over Tianaman square two point oh. But what's to say that they didn't have a version of Tianaman square two point zero and they just kind of never talked about it because China has no problems losing a million people tomorrow. They don't care. If anything, I would actually help them less mouths to feed, which is the other side of this coin. With all these tariffs that America's putting on China and China's putting on America, their biggest export from US that they require like to survive is soy. They buy a metric fuck ton of American soy just to feed their people because they are starving there. Maybe not to the level of North Korea starving, but like the Chinese, the Chinese government cannot produce enough food to feed all of the mouths that they've created.
Speaker 2: That's why they put the single child policy in place.
Speaker 1: Now, with that, they screwed themselves out of their biggest economic push, which was their manpower, their sweatshop labor force. That's gone. That is now, and in the next twenty to thirty years, the workforce that will be required to maintain what China has won't be there. So that's why China's been taking more of an economic approach to capitalizing on the situation more than a manpower approach because they no longer have that advantage, but they still have these mouths to feed, and they are buying American soy. And now America just said, Okay, you're gonna charge us this much money to buy our products that you require to feed your people. Fine, we can play this game. So I'm yeah, interesting stuff, interesting stuff across the board here. I'm gonna share the screen again one more time, and we're gonna hear from mister wonderful. Y'all know that I'm a bit of a fan of his as far as his uh, his money mind works. And yes, he is a dick, I'm aware of that, but he's a dick that knows how to make money. And he's the type of dude that knows how to make money, make money. He's very much like Trump in so many regards. So let's see what he has to say about all of this. A lot of all AXI leave in the market right now.
Speaker 18: And here's why this uncertainty in terms of how long these tariffs will be in place. Everybody understands that Donald Trump's a negotiator. He's using these tools to negotiate what he wants, in very simple terms, is reciprocal tariffs on every product in every country.
Speaker 7: There are different schedules.
Speaker 18: India has a different one than Ireland has, in Canada has, in Mexico has. But he's just doing it right across the Board's saying, look.
Speaker 1: It's gonna charge us one hundredercent tariffs. We're going to charge one hundred percent.
Speaker 18: The idea eventually is to have free trade with no tariffs. The question the market's asking is how long is that going to take? And that's why you're seeing this volatility. However, the economy is still pretty strong, so this may be a buying opportunity.
Speaker 1: You just don't know.
Speaker 18: So you layer in, you nibble, as I like to say, and I've been doing a little nibbling. But you see the volatility in the market, you've got to get used to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes your stomach feel cuasy, Get over it, okay.
Speaker 2: So basically that was in reference to what's going on with the stock market.
Speaker 1: And yes, the volatility is not going to feel good, especially especially for people that had their entire retirement wrapped up in four one k's that are based off of the stock spikes. I get it. But at the same time, if these other countries can play ball and remove all tariffs, that's good for all parties. If they don't and the tariffs stay at a ten percent, ten percent, twenty five, twenty five, whatever the case would be, then everybody's eating. Either way that goes, everybody eats, and all right, that's the way it's gotta happen. That's the way it's gotta happen. I don't exactly know what the future is gonna hold. As far as the stock market's concerned, I don't see it going down like into the you know, deficit or anything like that. I don't see a crash happening anytime soon. Again, speaking completely out of my ass on this, I'm not an economist. I don't even fully understand how the stock market operates. Watching Wolf of Wall Street taught me that it's all ethereal faery dust. It's nothingness that people are betting on, basically, and I don't understand it. But that being said, what these companies could do, okay, foreign companies, American companies, whatever the case. If they were to build manufacturing facilities on US soil, the products sold that were made in the local facility wouldn't be tariffed. So the other side of that would be that name a foreign company doesn't matter who makes a product in a foreign country. If they were to set up a facility in America to make the product and sell it to the Americans, the tariff is no longer valid. It goes away. It was made in America, probably by American workers for the American consumer. So either a, they will give Americans jobs if it doesn't get taken over by robotics and AI. I understand. I understand. The theory here is that it would open up more job opportunities for Americans. B. It would equalize the economies to where nobody's getting shafted or everybody's getting shafted equally, and by everybody, I mean government to government, not the consumer. C. It could potentially make it to where all these tariffs go away and it's cheaper to buy everything. So, as far as I can tell, making it a reciprocal tariff situation will lead to a a good option, be an okay option, or see a good option. It doesn't seem like a negative at this point. Now again, that remains to be seen because this just started to take place. Trump hadn't even been in office six months yet. Can y'all imagine what we'll be talking about when it comes time for his turn to be over and all the things that he has done. I'm just saying, it's wild things go ahead, Merlin.
Speaker 9: That's one thing I've been thinking about a lot too. Like it's a Republican party wants to keep all of this implemented.
Speaker 7: They need to start like.
Speaker 9: Going out and hitting the streets now, like finding a good candidate to take over for him, because I don't really like jd. Vance, Like the boy's got mouth on him and he seems to pipe off way too much, Like wait, wait he did with Zelenski, Like there's a more gentleman way of doing that. Yeah, yeah, I was like, do you just kind of watch it from me right there? But yeah, in four years, the Democrats are more likely going to get back in because the penzel m Away swings really far one way goes back the other way.
Speaker 1: I see that at all. I don't even know who the Democrats could put up, though, I've heard a few different political talking heads say this, dude, the Liberal Party. The Democrats have gone so far off the rails with the wild and psychotic rhetoric that the only way that you could be a quote unquote true Democrat in the political sphere anymore is if you side with that far left, psycho extremist side of things. All the Republicans have to do is put up a semi normal candidate against one of these psychopaths. And it's like, I think that I've heard some people say that if they just continue down this road, the Democrats will never win another election in America. I don't know that to be a fact. But I could also see a world where Trump is grooming Don Junior or Ivanka to run behind him and kind of make a Trump dynasty happen. Yeah, I don't. I know.
Speaker 7: AOC seems like a pretty good like. She speaks to the younger popularity.
Speaker 9: Like my little brother loves AOC and I don't really see why.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand it with AOC, dude, she's a socialist, loud and proud proclaimed socialist. I don't think that she will win an American election. There's no way. The closest that they had to running a socialist was Bernie Sanders, and they cut his legs out from under him in favor of killery, and then we saw how well that worked out.
Speaker 2: AOC speaks to the younger generation. I'll give you that, But most of that younger generation hasn't truly entered the.
Speaker 1: Workforce just yet. They may have just broke out, you know what I mean, Or they're still in college and they haven't really gotten a taste of what the actual real world is like yet. I have this weird, sneaking suspicion. You notice that too, most of these college kids that are like bleeding heart liberals while they're at these universities and stuff, become wildly conservative by the time they're thirty five. Whenever they get a job that has a four oh one K and they realize that their votes actually can equate to their retirement possibilities, all of a sudden, they start voting a whole different way. Now, aside from the big cities. You're never going to get out of it with the big cities. But by and large, a lot of these people that keep thinking these things, like these younger kids that we always see on the news that these riots and protests cut to them. Ten years later, they sing a completely different tune. I don't really see AOC having a snowballs chance in hell of winning an election against even a moderate conservative, especially after Donald Trump with these types of economic policies. All the Republicans have to do is pick any guy that can do what Trump did, or at least following those footsteps and kind of ride that wave. I see the next two or three elections going to the Republican side if they can just do that. And again I agree with you, they have to start grooming somebody for that position now. But I also think that Trump thinks five steps ahead. I think that he's probably got somebody in the in the line that he's thinking that he would endorse. And I also feel like an endorsement from Trump would go a hell of a long way as far as the way Americans see things in the current standings. But I agree with you one hundred percent, go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 10: So the only thing that I have to say about AOC is in the chat pretty much. And it seems like most people on the Cult of Conspiracy slash Cajun night peoples. We know that AOC is vapid, she is full of nonsense.
Speaker 7: She's socialists.
Speaker 10: But I think that the people that are just looking at her as a container and not what the content is. I think that's the thing is people see her as being young and oh, look, she came from being a bartender, and.
Speaker 7: She's she is charismatic.
Speaker 10: There's one thing that we can say is that she tries to be very charismatic, and unfortunately, people who are very charismatic can lure and low people to a horrendous degree. Also, people in the opposite party, they're going to say, oh, oh my god, we've had all these years of years of Trump, But we can't have.
Speaker 7: Any more and no more dynasty, no more of this, no more.
Speaker 10: It's like they're going to be doubling down as well, because then obviously, but we're going to have you know, four years or three and a half four years by that point.
Speaker 7: But they're just looking at her.
Speaker 10: As being a young female, charismatic, attractive woman, and they're like, Okay, well this is I mean, she's a face, you know, just like with some of the other people have been for the last you know, X amount of years it has been, you know, a puppet.
Speaker 1: I agree, I absolutely agree, And yeah, charismatic quote unquote. I'll give you that, she can speak, and yeah, the younger population, the younger generation sees her as some sort of a i'll use the term inspiration very very loosely here, but yeah, I agree with you. But yeah, she's she's got nothing of substance, Like even the what was that picture with the whole kids in cages thing, and she went to the border and was like screaming and wailing at the chain link fence because she was so broken hearted. Then you pan out and she's outside of a parking lot like it was. It was not even pretend it was a whole photo op that was trying to be used by the media in that way. I don't. And besides that, she's also one of the psycholiberals like she sides with. And it's not even just the I see you, Alex, I see you talking that tranny shit over it. And it's not even that. It's not even the LGBTQ element O p whatever group, right. It is the socioeconomic policies and the social policies and the just day to day living standards that that side is now saying should be normal. And it's the American people have spoken, we don't want that existence, we don't want that reality for ourselves. I don't think that she understands that, because I think she also lives in an echo chamber of that psychosis, if you will. But yeah, no, I agree with you, Royce. I don't see her getting the nomination, at least for a good bit.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I have heard some again psychopaths say that ilam Omar, y'all know who I'm talking about, the the representative from was it Michigan or something like that, the one that always wears the turban and shit. Never mind the fact that she married her brother, which is also confirmed right she she married her actual brother to get a visa to move to the US and then try to claim that in their culture that's very normal. And it's like you you understand you said this out loud on the mic, and like it's this is what I'm saying, dude, it is. It's not even throwing shade. It's more or less just like repeating the things that they said out loud, and then they say it like we're making fun of them. It's like, no, we're you said it. This is a you thing, AOC with the same way the whole Yeah, it's I don't really see the Liberals having any candidate that could potentially even look like a decent option currently anyway.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe they could start shifting gears.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could pull their head out of their collective asses and put somebody up that's got, you know, maybe a couple of brain cells to rub together.
Speaker 2: Maybe say like, look y'all, I'm just left of center.
Speaker 1: The d by my name isn't like I'm not one of those Democrats, I'm like one of these Maybe they could do that. I just I don't see it, because in order to win the democratic election in your local area or whatever the case is, they have to go into the realm of talking psycho. So I don't know. Zombie slash Raven Lee said, literally the dumbest politician AOC. No, I agree, charismatic Ben Carson charismatic like under the bridge crack addict looking sug tick for their next hit.
Speaker 19: Yo.
Speaker 1: For real, the AOC does have serious crackhr vibes right, like, I'm not trying to be a dick, but like she's got those crazy eyes.
Speaker 2: Unronically, she's got crazy eyes.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's a real thing up for real, also says Ben Carson, fried her alive. Yeah, and I saw earlier, said I hope Ben Carson gets it. I don't dislike doctor Ben Carson for his policies or his beliefs. I like him a lot. I do that being said, I don't know if he's got the stones to do something to follow Trump's act. You see what I'm saying. I don't. I think he's too moderate for and I mean, at one point in time America wanted that we needed a moderate conservative to come in and kind of like shift things in a more conservative manner. If Trump has shown anything, he has shown that America doesn't want moderate we want action. I don't know, and I might I could be so wrong here. I just don't feel like Ben Carson would take enough action that the American people would respond to, especially when you're like economically, I'm not saying he's not a brilliant guy and a brilliant surgeon and all the things. I don't know if he would have the foresight to choose a cabinet that could steer him in the direction to do things like Donnie t is doing right now. I could be wrong. I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't see him as a bad choice, a bad candidate to run.
Speaker 1: I think there's probably better people or better people that are suited for the role. I should say that. And I'm not just saying Trump's kids or anything like that, Like I'm I think it'll be very interesting to see who Trump nominates or he might actually be the one to push a nomination, but at least who he endorses for sure. Uh, this is why libtards are called fucking retards. Yeah, for real, for real, alex I agree. Uh, Well, plenty of people waiting in line for their mouth, oh oo for AOC's mouth.
Speaker 2: Dude, is there really people out there that find her attractive.
Speaker 1: That was a dumb question. That was a dumb question. Everybody on my six under pound wife has a significant other, so of course there's somebody that thinks AOC's attracted. That was a silly question of me. Sorry about that. She's not.
Speaker 7: She's also not the worst looking woman in the world. You have to admit that she's not.
Speaker 1: She's not.
Speaker 7: She's not a ten, she's not a seven.
Speaker 10: But I try, I was, I was trying there.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, but I like my women with meat on their bones. She's a twig. So she's completely not even in the realm of like even semideas and looking to me personally. But I know I'm a little different in that regard.
Speaker 7: I don't you just gotta put a little coc in her.
Speaker 1: I'm good, all yo, for real, it's the eyes for me. I can't deal with the crazy eyes. Like that's that's too much. You know, there's like she's dead inside. She either she's possessed or b she's like fully dead inside. And she's a puppet, like an actual somebody's got their hands shoved up her, moving her mouth forward because like no person with a brainstem would be able to say these things as often as she does. She went on Facebook Live and gave hints to the illegal immigrants on how to evade ice. A normal politician, elected official would understand, like, hey, that's illegal, maybe you shouldn't do that. But of course it was for the it was for the eyes, right, it was to get her name and keep her relevant and all these things. But it's like, yeah, it's it's it's silliness. It's absolute silliness, all right. She reminds me of my ex Merlin. For real, AOC reminds you of your ex. You dated a psycho Latina, didn't you, Yep, that's hort. Did she try to stab you?
Speaker 9: No, but my mom did.
Speaker 1: Her mom did.
Speaker 9: No, my mom tried to stab me. My mom's full blood Mexican. Dude, she's crazy, like old school mom. Like, didn't get hit with a broomstick. I got hit with a frying pan. I I talked back. She was like, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, lies detected. Latina women are known to pull sharp objects when things get a little emotional and heated. No lies detected. I just I don't know, AOC, Actually, I think I don't know if she would even consider herself to be Latina enough to grab a knife and try to staber significant other. I think she's been too Americanized. Does she even speak Spanish? Yeah, a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 9: But I have a feeling it would beat her selling needles.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe. Oh, let's see. He's a really good balance and he's very strong and presenting his ideas. I think you were talking about Ben Carson their Raven, and I'm again I don't dislike him at all. Who knows, maybe after Trump, the Republican Party will want somebody a little more moderate in their beliefs and maybe not so over the top with everything. It's very possible the pendulum's got a swing in certain regards. Maybe we could keep it on this side, but maybe not to the farthest extreme of it. May we'll come a little closer to quote unquote normalcy in some way. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh. All right, so we are getting ready to wrap up.
Speaker 1: But I did want to read at least one of these articles that Raven sent because yeah, I saw this one too. For the record, elan Omar reacts to the news, claiming to confirm that she married her brother. By the way, if anybody wants to go check that out. It's not a joke. She absolutely legally married her brother, and the story goes that they may not have parented any children, but per that culture, they had to consummate the marriage. But I digress. I digress. So now we're gonna read this from the Times now world. Is Texas getting a what the hell's state records? Is Texas getting a four hundred and two acre self governed Islamic city? Here's what we know. Wow, Texas getting a yep, all right, we you simply must read about this one. A rural video has garnered attention online claiming that a four hundred and two acre self governed Islamic city is being built in Texas. The development, called Epic City, is a proposed residential and commercial project led by East Plano Islamic Center.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: A video circulating Wiline on social media, has gained widespread attention. We just read that one. Okay, I don't know why I did that. Option. Is this the video? Let's check it out.
Speaker 19: Four hundred two acres of beautiful scenery. Welcome to the future of living, Welcome to Epic City. Awesome nestled in the heart of Josephine Texas. It is about twenty miles in twenty mi.
Speaker 1: From Epic.
Speaker 7: Long Long.
Speaker 19: Welcome to Epic two point zero mad. Epic City is more than just a neighborhood. It's a way of life. A meticulously designed community that brings this alarm to the forefront, a community that blends with nature, crafted to elevate your living experience with single family homes, multi family town homes and apartments, senior living, and in the heart a mosque and a school.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know I'm not the only one that heard the very loud a lowha snack bar on that one, right, Oh for sure, Oh my god. And also the blending of nature. And I didn't see one tree. It's just it's a gaety community. It's a it's a giant, fancy neighborhood. Any kind of blending of nature. But okay, that's that's a claim. Let's go here. Epic announced plans for in early twenty twenty four for what it described as a historic project, quote unquote, a residential and commercial development near Josephine, Texas, roughly thirty minutes from its Plano based mosque. As reported by The Daily Mail, the project includes proposals for one thousand homes, a school, a shopping complex, and a central mosque intended to serve a growing Muslim population. However, the proposal has encountered stiff resistance. No bruh for real, you think like this ain't this ain't Deer Park, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Bro, this is this is Dallas, Texas area.
Speaker 1: Okay. A recent public meeting at the Collin County Commissioner's Court saw dozens of residents voicing objections, raging from infrastructure concerns to allegations that the development could promote religious extremism, reported Daily Mail. While the property lies out outside Josephine City limits, locals have expressed worry over noise from the call to prayer, with some stress on water supply and a few other issues. Yeah, unless you like the call to prayer that I could see that getting old real quick. Texas Governor Greg Abbott has taken a tough stance, directing state agencies to investigate the development.
Speaker 2: In a statement last week, Abbott accused EPIC.
Speaker 1: Of multiple legal violations, including operating a funeral home without a license and failing to obtain necessary construction permits. EPIC representatives, while declining to comment directly, to The Daily Mail, told CBS Texas that they intend to comply fully with the legal requirements and characterize much of the backlash as rooted Oh Jesus hey when it does that in rooted in misinformation direct quote here. We understand that there has been a lot of rumor milling and misinformation circulated by many who are uninformed. We look forward to working with the Attorney General to ensure we are in legal compliance every step of the way, said the mosque in a statement. No construction has begun on the site, and the project's official website lists twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven as a potential move in timeline, as per The Daily Mail, with the permit vote by Collin County scheduled for April fourteenth, the future of the epic city remains uncertain, so that vote is coming up. While the viral video claims the community aims to establish independent governance based on religious law, okay, no official documentation has confirmed such intent. At present, the project appears to be a large scale housing and community development initiative with religious affiliation pending state and county approval. Okay. That is that is absolutely a thing. That's happening right now, Merlin, I saw your hand raise go ahead.
Speaker 9: Is this going anybody else a bad feeling? Because it's gonna be a bad feeling. I'm kind of curious to see that overhead layout of the area to see if there's any symbolism in it, because that's kind of like, how are you going to operate a separate community inside of the United States, Like they're gonna like that's like putting something of the Vaticans, which I mean church just considered, yes, but like if you move Vatican into the United States, that doesn't really feel logistical.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So, Okay, to straw Man, this, the Amish operate a cut off community. That is, they operate off of religious law and they're completely off the beaten path. They're doing their own thing. They sell their goods in the regular world, but then they live in their own world. So there is at least some sort of historical precedence for this in America. I get that. That being said, I have a really really hard time envisioning a gated community where sharial law is the law of the land just happening. I have a really hard time seeing that and acially, bro It's not like you're going off into the desert of Arizona where there's nobody for like one hundred miles, and you're like building a community out that way. You might get away with it. Then Texas, of all the places where you think that's gonna go down, they are choosing Texas that uh hmm. Yeah. I have a real real hard time believing that Governor Abbott is going to even allow that to go down.
Speaker 2: Let's see here, Alex said, speaking of the Amish.
Speaker 1: This last weekend, I went into Amish County and PA went to a shady maple. Okay, I have had I have bad feelings towards the Amish to an extent, but I loved that whole area. Fair enough. Fairno, they take care of their area. I'll give them that. They really make it look good. And then Raven said, yeah, but Amish aren't told to kill and repopulate anyone that isn't there.
Speaker 20: See, that's my issue, that's my issue. And I know, oh my god, I'm such a big blah blah blah. The Quran is a book of conquest. Muhammad was a warlord.
Speaker 1: His generals that continued his work after he died were all warlords. Yes, I understand the Islamic Golden Age gave us a lot of scientific breakthroughs as far as philosophy and human anatomy and medicine. I'm not negating that not. But also, and I know they're always like, that's misquoted conversion at sword point, it's about the context. You can look at the context of it, and it's exactly what you think it is when it talks about shove hooks in their bellies and drag them into the streets and all these like, that's no, no, that's pretty much exactly what they're talking about there. Now, I don't think that every single Muslim alive gets down with it. I get that a lot of them that most of the Muslims I've met have been generally good people, just trying to live their daily lives and earn their daily bread. But they've also all been Americanized Muslims. I've never had the experience of meeting a Muslim in a Muslim country who may have a different set of cultural ideas as far as that's concerned. Even with all of that being said, like if you were to try to do this in Michigan, where there is a massive Muslim population, you'd probably have a better time of it Texas though. Go ahead, Royce.
Speaker 10: So the only thing I have to say is I completely agree with everything you're saying and everyone else in the chad saying. So let's just say, hypothetically, if this thing, we're able to come to fruition and they created this community, so what about visitors? So if it's if it's under sureial law, So does that mean that any woman who doesn't have her hair covered with a hidgehob is going to be raped killed?
Speaker 1: You know? So I think that I know that there are the order of the day for that. Other countries take it to the extreme. But yeah, that's a good point. So I doubt they'll let taurusts into this area. It will be like one hundred percent cut off from society thing optimistically, But does that mean that we're gonna have stonings on American soil?
Speaker 10: That would be murder American.
Speaker 2: Law right, And like the homage, don't even give the death penalty.
Speaker 1: They shun people. That's that's their biggest penalty, is that you are shunned and cut off from every member of the society and even your own family, which is not ideal. I get that, but it's not a death sentence. Sharia law calls for death a lot. It's not even like, oh, only in extreme cases. No, No, read the law, and I mean not all of it. The majority of Sharia law. I don't mean to throw shade Royce. You know, I love you. You know I love my Jewish brothers out there. Sharia law is for the most part, comparable to the law of Moses. Comparable. Okay, the atments that are doled out go into different categories, for sure, But as far as modesty, how to treat others, all these things, Sharia law is a kind of one to one comparison. Not in all cases, but in most blood we're extreme.
Speaker 10: That's I mean, yeah, I mean even when it comes to modesty, is like a woman is so allowed to go out outside of her house. She she like if a woman is not married, she doesn't have to keep her hair covered. So, I mean, I do understand that on a simple level, they are comparable because it is a it is a religious law, not necessarily just a secular but they are so much more extreme, so much working the Jewish.
Speaker 1: Oh, by all metrics for sure. And that's the thing they'll use the ninety five percent of the Sharia law to justify it and be like, show me what's wrong with this, showing like this and this and this. But it's like, yo, show me the uh punishment for that crime, and then it's a whole different conversation, right, the crime being a crime quote unquote crime stepping out of the bounds of of acceptable whatever. Fine, fine, but the punishment doled out it's never just a shunning. It's never just a paying a fine. It's cutting your hand off for being a thief. It's uh stoning a woman for being a victim of rape. It's it's yeah, they bro I'm surprised that they I'm not surprised that they bought the land. I'm not surprised that they tried that they're developing it into a Muslim community. Even I get that. I see it. Fine a thousand houses. Hell, the subdivision I live in is a thousand houses, like, and I hate it. I hate it so much, so much, But fine, Okay, you want to have a community unto yourselves where you can be around people with your culture and y'all speak that language and like, fine, cool things. I believe in religious freedoms in this country one thousand percent. But like, you know, go ahead stuff.
Speaker 5: So as far as I can tell, if they do go through with it, which it sounds like they are. I'm all for people believing what they want to believe, and you know, being in a population of people with like minded I think community is great. But I think what could potentially happen is like what has happened with Southern Utail with some of these offshoots of the mainstream LDS church. They have and I want to say it's like Moab, not Moab Saint George. They have the Jeffs Commune in northern Utah, they have the Kingston Plan, they got the all Red Group. So there's different offshoots. The ones that are most well known are the Jeffs in southern Utah. They got you know, the pastel dresses with the long braided hair, and it very much creates conflict in the community with other people and even though they all believe in the same ship anyway.
Speaker 2: But no, you know what, I'm actually glad you chimed in on this.
Speaker 5: It's what I see happening is so what happens They're so well funded, they have so much money that they hire their own police department pretty much, and they've kind of infiltrated the government in that southern Utah area so that they can propose laws and have you know, privacy for certain areas so that they can and that's there's a ton of child labor laws that are violated, there's a ton, there's a ton of sexual abuse that happens, and so that will one hundred percent, without a doubt happen in that community in Texas when they build it, whatever they believe in, you know it kind of whatever they believe in, they'll probably do that. There there's going to be some secrecy. But over time, like you know, I'm I'm imagining that some Muslims will join the police department, and they'll join the judicial brands, and you know, over time it becomes it will kind of certainly like having an impact on the area, and there's going to be some awful things, illegal shit happening, and they get away with it because over time they start to kind of immerse themselves in the community and they will turn a blind eye to because of their ideology, they'll turn a blind eye to all the abuse and human suffering happening and illegal illicit acts. So it happens all the time. It happens with mainstream Mormonism too. But that's the example I thought of, was just that group in southern Utah, although it's you know, it happens probably for every you know, extreme religious viewpoint.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. I mean to that point, are we going to have to start keeping an extra eye out for child brides in this neighborhood outside of Josephine, Texas? Because according to their law and even to their below, the prophet Mohammad married a girl when she was nine years old, but he waited to consummate the marriage until she was eleven because that was the right thing to do, of course. And it's like, you know, I I just I have I take issue. I take issue with it, that's all.
Speaker 7: Also, what about polygamy.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of mobile wives, so the woman's also believe in polygamy, right.
Speaker 5: I can't I can't confirm.
Speaker 21: So I mean, yeah, they made a legal one legal wife quote unquote, but they will have multiple mothers of their children that they'll all have in the same And that's thing.
Speaker 1: Those single those homes didn't look big enough to maintain like two or three different wives that did look like single family homes, Like maybe no, but that's no.
Speaker 22: That was actually something they said, and the and the actual advertisement it said single family homes, which I kind of found ironic thinking about the whole Poligamia actist so as it could be like a whole community people they need to live together.
Speaker 10: So like you know, you have home A, B, C, and D, so depending on what day of the week it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's how certain places in Utah get down. If I'm not mistaken stuff. There was a what was that show? There was a there was a TV show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not really Mormonism. That's I don't know that that that's not it.
Speaker 1: Were they I thought they were Mormons.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, yeah they're Mormons, but they're kind of doing their own thing. And they're really so far from the ideology. You can tell it by the mannerisms, the way they dress, the way they most like Mormons that practice polygamy are either from from these like you know, pioneer families. That's why I say the Jeffs group, like there's thousands of people, tens of thousands of people in southern Utah, and then the all Red group and they all kind of have their roots into the old school Mormonism. That was like a show about a family, and yeah, they all. I don't know, I just didn't think that like, I just thought that was it had nothing to do with like what most people are experiencing in these groups. But the one that I thought was the most accurate was Escaping Polygamy, where these two these two young women, I think they're in their early twenties, maybe late teens, I can't quite remember, but they would help people escape polygamy because a lot of these especially young boys, if they're not given a wife, which most of them aren't, because the women will go to the older men. So they kind of get kicked out of the community because they're no good, right, they're not old enough, they don't have any trades, they don't have any skills, and they're not they're not going to let these boys, you know, get wives because they're controlling the whole thing, and so they kick them out all the time. There's a lot of resources that they're developing now to help these people that are that are kicked out of the community. But there is if you're driving to if you're driving south on I fifteen and you get past like Probo, and you're going all the way like I fifteen, it just cuts down the middle of Utah, goes straight down and once you get past Provo, you'll see all these duplexes on the west and those are all Polygamus's houses. So you're one hundred percent right, Jacob. They do duplexes because legally it's like two individual families, but one wife will be on one side, another wife will be on the other side, and so that's like a huge community right there. Most people don't know it because they dress like regular people. So but so there's and because I worked for the state, I had tons of training on each you know, each group, the individual things that they believed in and stuff like that. So it goes a lot into it. But you know, to think that this you know, Muslim group in like I think it originally, you know, it was probably gonna be a cool community for some people, but give it ten twenty fifteen, you know, twenty years down the road and you're gonna have some big problems with people outside the community, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent understand this, and I mean taking away all of the stigma in the Some might call it bigotry of saying that having a Muslim community will inherently lead to having terrorist attacks. Okay, fine, let's let's remove that from the conversation, because not all Muslims are terrorists or even have terrorist ideologies or fine.
Speaker 2: Fine, I just again got no problem with Muslim people. Most of the ones that I have met have been typically good people.
Speaker 1: They just happen to pray five times a day and they have a certain way about them. Fine. Fine. Them wanting to live in a community unto themselves, Okay, I'm good with that too. The fact that they are trying to make this community operate under religious law, that's what I have an issue with. And even as a Christian, I don't want the law of America to operate under Christian law. And I know there's going to be people that will argue with me on that and say that we already do. Some will say that we don't anyway, and this is not a Christian nation, even though all the founding fathers happen to be of the Judeo Christian belief system. I don't want that. I do believe in separation of church and state a one hundred percent as far as America is concerned other countries operate their own ways, not going to throw shade one of us. One country has won two World wars, the other ones have. Not Take that for what you want. I don't want the unison of church and state. That's the whole reason why the Puritans made their way over here. But well, I should say the Pilgrims, but neither here nor there. That just reads like so at that point, what's the difference between them and any of these other cults that took place Waco, Texas? At this point, what is the difference between a cult buying land, doing their own religious law outside of the American law and it becoming a problem. And then these people, right, the Amish are allowed to do what they do because they are inherently nonviolent, Like that's a whole thing about them. And the Mormons, I think, are allowed to do what they do because you don't hear of Mormon uprisings and Mormon terrorist attacks. Maybe they'll attack you with their over niceness, you might get smile bombed, but like that's about it. I oh, yeah, exactly, does the set exactly exactly? I mean? And look at au Royce helped me out here. It's a section of New York City that's like is it the Upper East side of New York that is like Hasidic Jewishville.
Speaker 10: So I mean, I'm not from New York, so I couldn't tell you exactly, but I do know that there are some towns that are heavily definitely populated. So Crown Heights, for example, so Habad they their like home based operation is seven to seventy Eastern Parkway, Like that's very, very, very popular. Like the entire world well for the most part, knows about Crown Heights and labab Drebby.
Speaker 7: You also have like Borough Park and the five.
Speaker 10: Towns there are, there are some very Jewish places for sure.
Speaker 1: Right, but those places operate under United States law. Now, yes, people living there might culturally operate under the law of Moses and do their things.
Speaker 10: So I will tell you that that so sentence, the Sanhedrin is no, like the Jewish Courtsism basically doesn't have the power that it used to.
Speaker 7: Right, So thousands of.
Speaker 10: Years ago, the Jewish court systems used to be able to theoretically put people to death. They used to, you know, like now pretty much whenever you have any kind of rabbi or group of rabbis, a baking involved, it's arbitration between a couple of people's because there's some sort of financial dispute. Hardly ever, I mean not hardly ever, there is no case where there's any kind of bit being that can authorize or condemn someone to death. Like it's it's not a thing, right, not a thing whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And so that's my point. We don't have these Yes, yes, I know the Jews in New York City were digging tunnels.
Speaker 10: Look fine, but hold on, by the way, hold on, hold on. That was so can I actually tell you what that was about? Because I actually so, I do actually know, because I because I have a so my rabbi happens to be from Kabad, and I asked him, I said, what the hell is going on? There's all these videos about these people, you know, digging these tunnels.
Speaker 7: All right, So this goes back to the lavavrop.
Speaker 10: So the seven seventy is comprised of a synagogue and like based measures, which is kind of where you go study and there's kind of like different buildings. It's like it's the same building, like there's different parts portions. Anyways, So at one point in time, I guess the Rebbie said something to the effect of these everything is going to get combined like into into one gigantic building.
Speaker 7: So there were there were some kids.
Speaker 10: When I say kids are like young adults who basically wanted to connect everything together, and so like they were tunneling from one shool.
Speaker 1: To the other to connect them.
Speaker 7: Like that's literally all it was about.
Speaker 10: So they were they were hiding it in there because they it was all clandestine and like they were trying to be like like kind of like one of those things. It's easier to ask for forgetness and permission. They so they did it with that intense oh brook through break through the walls. Hey look we we all have one building now. It was completely blown out of proportion. It has absolutely zero to do with any kind of trafficking, especially that that that area, and and we even when it came to when somebody was saying, all right, well what about all of the all the mattresses, and like you anybody who's not a part of that world doesn't understand that pretty much.
Speaker 7: A lot of people have spare.
Speaker 10: Mattresses because Judaism, and especially in a Hasidic environment, it revolves around family and community to where like, yo, so let's just say so you're my friend, right, So okay, so you're gonna come over to my house and your two friends are gonna come over, and like there's a lot of people. So what they do is they have spare mattresses for those people. So you have something that's very cultural as far as being everybody being together, which is the reason why they're the mattress. And then you don't people don't understand the behind the scenes of why these people were digging these tunnels and what was about. Like they didn't care because because in the new all it said is.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Jews are bearing.
Speaker 10: They have they have tunnels and they and they have mattresses like this just just to make Jews look bad and they didn't want to even do fair research on it.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on? All right, here's this is what happened.
Speaker 10: But why it was just all the tabloids of oh my god, like they were blowing it out of proportion because they liked Unfortunately, if it seems like Jews are doing something wrong, whether they are or not, these you have their the actual truth and the perceived truth, and in that case, the perceived truth was that the Jews were doing something and they were trafficking individuals as opposed.
Speaker 23: To the actual truth of all right, well, these few people were doing that and once it was discovered, like they were going to be filling it with concrete because they realized, like, stop it, this is this is not what we're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: It made for good headlines, I'll give you that, I mean.
Speaker 10: For for sure, But nobody ever inquired anything more than the surface level topoid.
Speaker 1: I don't. This is the first I've heard of this. Honestly, I'd kind of forgotten about the Jews digging tunnels in New York until this conversation just kind of came up. But yeah, I mean, but but my point was to that you don't hear about some sort of a Jewish uh you know, uprising or some sort of a Jewish violent attack or violence from the Jews stemmed from the Upper East Side of New York that that happened. So even other examples of these communities that live unto themselves, that are allowed to do so, don't have a uh stigma around them because they haven't earned that stigma. This neighbor is coming from a culture in a society that has earned that stigma. I don't know what to make of it. I don't know. It is getting late. We have kind of made this episode longer than we've done in the past, and I'm here for it. But I do need to wrap this up because I do need to start editing it so it can come out on the tomorrow. So thank y'all everybody for coming and joining in on this conversation. We talked about a lot today. We started off talking about some you know, Ukraine Rushia things, spent a good amount of time talking about tariffs and economy, and then we ended talking about some wild things going on in Texas. I love it. This has been a fun one for Again, for anybody listening to The Cajun Night that would like to join in on the conversation next week, please come join us at Patreon slash Cajun Night. The link is in the description below. There's only one tier and that's the only way to join in to see the videos, to see the articles and all the things. But if you also join that tier, then you could join us every Wednesday night at nine pm Central. I want to thank again everybody for coming on, and as always, God bless