Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 3: Let's lend it.
Speaker 2: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 4: So just thank you, give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodger world championing for a small soft time.
Speaker 6: They get up people what they want to die too in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache as one of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go? Hell time go to the South.
Speaker 5: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 6: And come to the show.
Speaker 5: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodger Talk David Vasse live at Peco Park in San Diego. After the Dodgers defeat the Padres five to two and take two out of three in this series against San Diego, the Dodgers will see the Padres next week at Dodgers Stadium for a four game series. And last night, so many of you were outraged by the Dodgers doing what they did, and I explained that the Dodgers did something similar to what they did last night and today in a best of seven NLCS last year against the Mets. Once things went sideways and they were down five to nothing and Dylan Cees.
Speaker 6: Was dealing the way he was dealing, Dave.
Speaker 7: Roberts understood that it was about the big picture, not just about last night. And I even mentioned this on the last Homestand the difference between the Dodgers is other teams would fight tooth and nail and put together a pitching program where they would be futile in trying to win the game. Last night, the Dodgers knew more than you did. They knew more than I did. They had this in mind where they were going to not have Justin Robleski start, have Ben Caspirius start the game, and use in total, eight different pitchers. And you heard what Alex Vesia had to say. He gave so many kudos and props to Matt Sower for what he did yesterday to save the relief pitchers for what they had to do today. Now, if the Dodgers would have lost this game, I wouldn't say it would have been a disaster, but certainly it would have been a lot harder to stomach the final two games of this series. But the Dodger offense, as I have been preaching all season long, is the hero again, as they were able to come from behind again tie the score with a Michael Conforto solo home run in the fifth inning and ta Oscar Hernandez, who has been in a slump the last twenty games, hitting a huge, go ahead, three run home run. And then Dave Roberts deployed his high leverage relievers as he should. He went from Ben Casparius, who did a great job with four innings, Luke Trevino, who got the win, pitched the fifth inning, a scoreless fifth. Jack Dryer came in, Kirby Yates, Michael Kopek, who was not very good today. He had three walks and only could get one out. That might be the only concern about today. Anthony Bonda came in and I thought his inning was maybe the biggest as far as the Dodger bullpen went. In the seventh inning, after Copek walked the bases loaded, Anthony Bonda had to get the final two outs and he had no margin for air, and Mookie Betts made a great play defensively at shortstop to throw out Manny Machado to end the inning. To me, that seventh inning was huge and Anthony Bonda came a big time for the Dodgers. And how about Dave Roberts moving the infield to where he wanted right before the pitch to Manny Machado, where Mooki Bets was there to scoop it up and throw him out. Dave Roberts moved Mookie Betts himself a little bit more to the left side of the infield and that's exactly where Machado hit it. So give Dave Roberts a lot of credit. He was the one that moved Mookie Betts to where he was. So this was the epitome of a team win. And those of you that were so outraged over Game sixty eight yesterday understand now hopefully there's a bigger picture in mind. In fact, here's what Dave Roberts had to say before the game today when he was asked about it again and how it relates to the number of starting pitcher injuries that the Dodgers now are dealing with.
Speaker 8: No, there's no talking to the team. I think that our guys understand kind of they've been through it, unfortunately quite a bit. As far as kind of what we're going through right now, we've gotten to the other side. I think it happens like things like last night, where it's uncomfortable, it's awkward. Those are byproducts of what we're going through, and so it gets a little uncomfortable. But that's a part of it. But as far as kind of team meetings, everyone understands who's on the il, what guys can and can't do. You know, when we got to take shots to win games, and when we got to persevere to win the ensuing games. Those things that when you have smart players, they understand that. So I don't really need to have those conversations.
Speaker 7: Really, And look where the Dodgers are at right now, And I thought that was a great patient explanation from Dave Roberts in case you were wondering what was happening last night. And as far as the big picture goes, and if you look at the Dodger rotation now with Tony Gonsolin hurt and not able to come back until probably August at the earliest, since he's not going to pick up a baseball for the next two or three weeks. The Dodgers said before the game today, Dave Roberts said before the game today today was not just a one off where Ben Casparius is now opening today's game and going back to the bullpen with Tony Gonsolin injured. Ben Casparius now is going to be part of the Dodgers starting rotation. And that's who he was when he was coming up through the system. He was a starting pitcher. He had to go to the bullpen to be part of this team this year. And I've talked to Ben many times about the different roles he has had, the different situations the Dodgers have put him in. He doesn't care, and that's what makes him great, and that's the reason why he's able to excel in whatever they ask him to do. He just doesn't want to go back to Oklahoma City. So that is the greatest attitude you could have from a young player. So Ben Casparius now, in case you're joining us late or did not hear about this before the game, he is part of the Dodgers starting rotation probably until the All Star Break and maybe a little bit after because not only do the Dodgers not have Tony Gonsolin. Now they have been without Tyler Glass. Now they have been without Blake Snell, they have been without Roki Sazaki. And you talk about the guys that all believe so strongly, and so many of you were saying, what are they gonna do with Landon Nak, What are they gonna do with Bobby Miller, What are they gonna do with Justin Robleski.
Speaker 6: Well, here is the cold truth.
Speaker 7: None of those three guys have taken the opportunity and ran with it. The only rookie that has really run with the opportunity is Ben Casparius. And we have talked about this before. Many of you have called and asked how come Casparius doesn't become a starting pier, And I gave you the reasons. The Dodgers were thinking that he was more valuable in the role, the hybrid role that he was in in the bullpen. But you can't continue to go every fifth day having a flip of the coin as far as length, competitiveness, and effectiveness. The Dodgers need a little bit more stability in their starting rotation. And that's the reason why. So this decision is as much as an indictment on Bobby Miller, Landon Knack and Justin Robleski. As it is the Dodgers' injury situation, eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have two lines open. I bet so many of you were itching to call in today if the Dodgers lost, but because they proved you wrong yet again. And how long are we just going to accept that the Dodgers may know what they're doing. They just won the World Series. They may know what they're doing. And I have said this even before they won the World Series last year. Andrew Friedman has perfected the regular season better than any other baseball management title. Guy you want to choose, you can't dispute that. And this three game series against the Padres was a great example of that on full display.
Speaker 6: How are the Padres, by the.
Speaker 7: Way, going to make it through the season when they're using their high leverage relievers when they're losing. That's not a way to get through a marathon, as we have seen. And that's why a guy like Lou Trevino is such a big find for the Dodgers, because you need guys when you're down two or three runs or even one run to come in and hold the game where it's at. And it can't be Anthony Bonda every night. It can't be Kirby Yates or Alex Vesi or Tanner Scott every night. You've got to have guys like Lou Trevino. And I was dumbfounded watching the first game of this series, watching today the way Mike Shield ran out his high leverage relievers in scores that did not favor that decision. So how are they a very thin roster going to get through the marathon while the Dodgers, with so many injuries still have a full compliment of depth despite the number of innings the Dodger bullpen has pitched this year. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Ben Casparius, who certainly was strong as ever today starting the game and going four innings.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think, you know, trusting will there. I think five straight reached and everything. I think it's just you don't get back in the zone challenge, and I think I got the first pitch slider in there to tat he's gotten to fly out. I felt pretty good after that.
Speaker 10: There's a conversation about just continuing to build you up and moving you into the rotation. What has just kind of been shared with you and what this could mean moving forward?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's just you know, a steady build up. I don't know what next week's gonna look like obviously, but I feel pretty good. I was happy to get to fifty today. I thought the plan was two or three, so just to get through four was was huge and I felt good. Would you like to be a starter again full time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think so, And like obviously, like I've been doing it for the majority of my professional career, so it's something I'm comfortable with routine wise, and I'm just looking forward to you know, what's what's going on and what's coming up next?
Speaker 4: Tell you that you're gonna be starting today, oh last night? Like how much do they like talk about like the plan about maybe stretching you out a little bit?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Do you kind of look at like something like today as an opportunity to show like, hey, I can push into the third and the fourth inning and kind of do that like for sure.
Speaker 9: And I think too just obviously this being a playoff atmosphere against this team, awesome series to be a part of, and you know, getting a win like that's huge on the road, you know, back into the thirteen game, you know road trips. So yeah, it's been great, and the innication has been great the whole year, so I kind of had a feeling it was going to be multiples today.
Speaker 7: All right, there's Ben Casparius on sports Net LA, and wow, that's even more impressive for him to pitch the way he pitched today after finding out last night that he was going to start today's game, and he pitched phenomenal. The only inning where it was a little rocky for him was in the second inning, and Andy pie Has and Will Smith certainly came up to help Casparrius get out of that inning by only giving up one run. The throw from Pa Has and the incredible great tag from Will Smith to get Gavin Sheets to prevent a second run from scoring, to me was huge. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Padres today five to two. Let's go out to Long Beach the LBC. Nick, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: How you doing? Nick?
Speaker 11: I'd say I got two comments for you.
Speaker 12: The first one is a value.
Speaker 11: Man. We've seen you go from single A all the way up and out of the bigs. I've followed your whole career of essay and I gotta say, man, you are better than Jerry Doggett.
Speaker 3: You're right there with Ross Porter.
Speaker 11: You are a big part of what it means to be a Dodger fan and the time away from your family traveling with the team so you can bring us your insights. You're a real so cal bro, and I just wanted to give you my love and say thank you because before it used to be oh, no, here we go, and now it's oh, I can't wait for your reports. I can't wait for your interviews and your insights, and I want to thank you now.
Speaker 6: As far as that.
Speaker 3: Go, yeah, bro, as far as the Dodgers go.
Speaker 13: Man, on Monday, we won.
Speaker 11: Despite Mookie Betts playing short stoff that the He looked like such an amateur trying to stab at that ball thrown from the catcher that went into the center field and caused a run. And then of course Tay Oscar missing that ball and putting in three runs. I put that on Mookie too, because he should be out there with his gold gloves. Don't understand why they're in there, but I will say this, Mookie is improving. And today was the first game and I watch all the games. Today is the first game I've ever seen that we've won because of Mookie's fielding and not despite his fielding. And I still woul like to see him in right field, but you know, it's it's good to see he's getting better.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say he's been phenomenal Nick for the most part all season long. I mean the other night he made a diving stop and threw out I forgot who here in San Diego actually happened last night, So you know, Mookie, Mooky has really found confidence at that position, and that's the biggest thing. So uh, I can't I can't hate on MOOKI bets the shortstop, no doubt about it. Nick, and I appreciate the phone call, and that means a lot. Those guys as broadcasters meant a lot to the Dodgers in their history. And I grew up listening to Don Drysdale, Ross Porter and of course the all time goat Vince Scully. Let's go out to Santa Clarita. Brad, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Brad?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. I just wanted to comment on what an unbelievable job Dave Roberts is doing. The fact that he basically conceded last night's ball game, which to keep his bullpen strong for today shows I don't think any other manager is that that start, and I think he should be Manager of the Year already.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, you know, I feel like Dave Roberts sometimes does not get the credit he deserves because of how much talent and the large scale of payroll the Dodgers have. But there's a lot more that goes into managing the Dodgers than managing the Cincinnati Reds or the Cleveland Guardians. There's a lot that Dave Roberts has on his plate, and he does a great job of delegating with a great coaching staff, and certainly he does a great job of collaborating and implementing the game plan that he and Andrew Friedman and Brandon Gomes come up with with their research development department to be able to win games and master the regular season. So yeah, he deserves a lot of credit. And it was Dave Roberts himself. I saw him get to the top step of the dugout and personally move Mookie Betts to the exact spot that Manny Machado hit that ground ball in the seventh inning, so a big team win. And look Conforto, I mean, I feel good for that guy. He's a great guy. He cares. It's just not happening for whatever reason this season so far coming into the game a bucks seventy three batting average, only three home runs, but that was I would argue, the biggest home run he has hit this season, a game tying home run in the fifth inning. And great to see te Oscar Hernandez bust out of his slump with a go ahead three run home run today eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Padres today five to two using eight different pictures and win two out of three here in San Diego. Let's go out to Anaheim Lewis. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi Lewis.
Speaker 12: Hey, what's up, David?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's good to hear man, Yeah and listening. I just wanted to make a comic quickly about the bullten man. This whole series just seems like the bullpen is just not getting enough credit. Where it's honestly due Ben conspirace man. He's just really come to fourth and really pulled us out of a lot of dire situations. And you know, it seems like this whole Padre series was like almost like Danjoon build Nlds from last year because it was just how bullpen bullpen just getting us through all these Indians. And you know, it just sucks to see that are starting pigeon can get us as far as we want them to. But this bullpen is really, you know, doing no justice. I guess for lack of no.
Speaker 7: Doubt, no doubt, the Dodger Dogs, the bullpen dogs have continued what they'd started last October. And look, bullpens are a bigger part of every team these days than even ten years ago, fifteen years ago. But the Dodger bullpen has really carried the weight with so many injuries, so many abbreviated starts, and you know, you can't say enough about the Dodger bullpen. And really, to me, outside of Yamamoto, the two most valuable pitchers for the Dodgers this season have been two rookies, Jack Dreyer and Ben Casparius. Hands down eight six six nine seven two. Five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the padres today five to two. Dodger Talk until the bottom of the hour. That's when Petros and Money will take over with I'm sure a launching pad. Let's go out to Palmdale. Darryl, You're on Dodger Talk live from Peco Park.
Speaker 3: Hi, Darryl, Hey David, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: I really appreciate what you're doing, but I gotta get I gotta stay trust the process. Dave Robis knows what he's doing. We might not know and we might not agree with it, but this guy knows what he is doing. And then then I gotta give it up to the Dodger fans.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 3: They showed up and showed out. They really really made it different to today, really did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this was a capacity crowd here at Peco Park again, and yesterday's crowd was a little subdued. Obviously not an entertaining game. Yesterday after the first game was maybe one of, if not the most entertaining baseball game we have seen the Dodgers play this season. But today there was another capacity crowd of forty five thousand, four hundred and eighty one here at Peco Park, and a lot of them were Dodger fans. And if you're a Dodger fan and you can't make it to San Diego, these padres will be back at Dodger Stadium on starting on Monday for a four game series. So these teams, after not seeing each other for the first three months of the season, are seeing each other seven times within a week. Go figure, let's go out to Alpine. A Joy, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi A Joy.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up, David?
Speaker 12: Nice talk to you man.
Speaker 3: So, David, I had a question as a.
Speaker 14: You know, as a San Diego resident and having having to deal with my friends are potterish funds out here, I'm wondering if I am I still being a jerky's telling them we're not really a rivalry. I don't feel that way, but obviously I got to go to a game of this series and you know, they treated like the World Series every time, and uh, you know, I think it's good for baseball obviously too top tier teams in southern California.
Speaker 3: But that's my first question.
Speaker 14: How do you feel Do you feel it it's a true rivalry?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: A Joy I'm going to give you a comparison that I've been using going back to last year. I'm sure you're a big Laker fan too, right, yes, sir, so, all like in this Dodgers Padres rivalry over the course of the last five years to the Lakers and Sacramento Kings rivalry from two thousand ninety nine, two thousand to two thousand and four. The Kings were never on the Lakers radar before, and the Padres have never been on the Dodgers level before the year twenty twenty. So this too shall pass like the Sacramento Kings, trust me, But right now it is great for baseball.
Speaker 14: One hundred percent. My second question, and I'll be done with you here, Davi, is in regards to Kim, I know, I hear a lot of people saying that they believe you should get more time, and I understand it, But you know, I keep seeing him having some bad throws of Freddy. Is that kind of part of the reason why there's still kind of every other day in him? Are they still seeing some little issues there where?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just nerves.
Speaker 7: Well, here's my thing, who do you believe Kim should play every day?
Speaker 6: Over? Is it Andy pa has is it? Tommy Ed? I know?
Speaker 7: I mean I just right now, from what I've seen in a small sample size, he's an elite second baseman. He's pretty good at shortstop, and he's still learning center field. And right now, I haven't seen that he can hit high velocity.
Speaker 6: He can't hit.
Speaker 7: Ninety five consistently. So the Dodgers know what they're doing. Again, they don't want to overexpose him. He's a role player, he's a bench player, and he's really good. But if you start playing him every day at this point in time in his career, he's going to get exposed. And the Dodgers are doing a great job of picking their spots when they play Kim, when they use Kim off the bench against the right pitching matchups.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Dave.
Speaker 14: Appreciate it, man, Keep doing what you do.
Speaker 6: All right, A joy, Thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've said this, and I'm not going to go the Shaquille O'Neal route right now. In June, and you know, Shaq mocked the Sacramento Queens.
Speaker 6: Remember Shaq calling the Kings the Queens.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna stoop that low and call the Padres the Madres right now. But I do firmly believe this rivalry and it is for the last five years, because there's been two playoff series between these two teams, the Padres beating the Dodgers in the NLDS back in twenty two, and the Dodgers beating them last year in a hotly contested battle against arguably the two best teams in baseball. It is a rivalry because of those reasons. But the Sacramento Kings were on the Lakers level from two thousand to two thousand and four five ish, and they haven't been since. And I don't see this rivalry of these two teams continuing for another five years. I hope it does because it's really good for baseball, but it's not as storied and sustainable as the Dodgers and Giants. It will never be that because the Padres were an expansion team in nineteen sixty nine. The Dodgers and Giants were rivals back in New York with the two boroughs, and they both came out West together San Francisco, La rivalry city. So that's why this will never be that. Eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five, seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take our final time out here on Dodger Talk. When we continue more of your phone calls at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. We will also hear from Michael Confordo, who hit a game tying home run today in the fifth inning, and coming up at the bottom of the hour, Petros and Money in their usual and rifle place in afternoon drive. The Dodgers beat the Padres five to two, Big Picture, Big Pick. Sure they take two out of three from San Diego. Right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports, your home for the World Champs.
Speaker 5: AM five seventy LA Sports. Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: We're streaming online.
Speaker 5: We stream every game too.
Speaker 13: Come find it.
Speaker 5: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Michael Confordo first pitch, swinging high fly ball left center field, Merril at the track.
Speaker 6: At the wall, did you go on? Michael Conforto.
Speaker 3: A game tying solo home run to left center field his fourth other season and we got a new Bowl game tied at one.
Speaker 7: Michael Conforto with his biggest home run as a Dodger so.
Speaker 6: Far, a game tying home run in.
Speaker 7: The fifth the first pitch he saw, and then Teoscar Hernandez with a go ahead three run home run in the sixth inning. The Dodgers would tack on another run in the ninth inning, Will Smith driving in show Heyo tani who had tripled earlier in the inning, and the Dodgers beat the Padres today five to two. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to AM five seventy LA sports dot com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two, five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 6: We are going to the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 7: That's when Petro some Money will take over until seven o'clock and tomorrow the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Have a day off, but we do have off day.
Speaker 7: Dodger Talk for you at seven o'clock tomorrow night Ken Rosenthal will make a rare appearance on Dodger Talk, so look forward to that. Though there's no game tomorrow, Let's head back downstairs right now to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from Michael Conforto on Sports at l A.
Speaker 15: I think we're getting there. I think that the quality of the at bats have you know, definitely gone, you know, in the right direction, and you know, hitting the ball a little bit harder and just a little bit tougher of and out. You know, I think there's a lot of work to do. Uh still, but uh, just just a great team win. You know, Bullpen was amazing, uh tail getting that big swing will show at the end of the game, and you know, so just a great team win.
Speaker 10: You are showing power. Does that say something to you? And specific though just to where your swing isn't?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, you know, I think one of the big things is, you know, putting good swings on on some fastballs, hitting those hard, and you know, that's kind of in my career, that's been my bread and butter.
Speaker 12: You'll always been a.
Speaker 15: Guy who who hits the fastball, and you know, so that's that's you know, more so than you know the ball leaving leaving the yard. You know, just hitting the fastball hard is h is one of the big things for me is.
Speaker 9: The cleaner swing. Is working to let you get to the basketball a little better.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, I think it's just a lot of the work that I've put in, you know, to get you know, getting my body in the right position, you know, get the plane of the swing right. You know, there's a lot of things that I've been working on, but really just being ready, you know, putting myself in the right position when I when I go to launch. It's been the biggest thing.
Speaker 6: Launch.
Speaker 7: Hey, I guess he's looking for that launch angle, and he got it in the fifth inning, first pitch. And look, a lot of times when a guy's struggling, why not be aggressive early in the count. The deeper you get into counts when you're struggling, a lot of times, that makes you feel like you're behind it the count more than you're ahead in the count. So I'm all about being aggressive early in the count.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Mooki Betts joined us on the pregame show before the first game of this series, and I remember when Mooki came over to the Dodgers in twenty twenty, his manager Alex Korra told me what his strengths were. When Mooky's going right and he's at his best, he's aggressive early in the count and he's pulling for power.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Joe Davis mentioned this stat which was shocking to me during the last road trip. The average four players in Major League Baseball this year swinging at the first pitch was thirty percent of the players or thirty percent of the time swinging at the first pitch. Mooki Bets this year is only swinging at the first pitch fourteen percent of the time.
Speaker 6: That's well below the major league average.
Speaker 7: And in this series, Mookie Betts was swinging at the first pitch more times than not. So maybe he is a kind of changing that mindset. And he said as much. After missing those four games and coming back, he's sitting close to five hundred, and he said it was great just to clear his mind and to get his confidence back. And we've seen that eight six, six, nine eighty seven two, five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Padres today five to two. Also, good to see sho he Otani get an extra base hit. Because after a tremendous May where he tied the Dodgers franchise record for the most home runs in a single month fifteen, tying Duke Snyder in nineteen fifty three and Pedro Guerrero in nineteen eighty five, it's been sort of June gloom for Otani at the plate because he's only hitting twoin fifty this month in eleven games, and only won a home run after fifteen in the month of May. So it was great to see him drive the ball the way he did in the ninth inning for a triple, and Will Smith doing Will Smith things with runners in scoring position, just getting a base hit to right field and getting the Dodgers a big insurance run. Eight six, six, two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Danny in Riverside. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 6: Danny, Hey, how.
Speaker 13: You doing, David.
Speaker 8: Great?
Speaker 13: I'm h yeah, a longtime fantas show, first time caller.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 13: My question to you was, is this really a sustainable thing for the Dodgers to win with's like the skeleton crew of pitching injuries. I just think that if they don't average five and a half runs or more for the summer that they can't really get you know, the big.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well they're doing a good job of doing that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but is it really sustainable. Do you really think it's sustainable.
Speaker 7: It's going to have to be at least until the rest, until the All Star break, because they're not getting Snail back before the break. I don't believe they're not getting Roki Sazaki back before the break, and Tyler Glass now maybe right around after the break, before the break, but it's going to have to be the offense again to carry them. But if you look at the rotation now, it is getting better. Dustin May, even when he struggling, gave them five innings the first night here. Kershaw was really good in Saint Louis, so that was encouraging. Yamamoto is the ace of the staff, and I love Ben Casparius. I've been an advocate for him to go back to the rotation, but I understood that he was more valuable in the bullpen, but these circumstances have dictated that. So it feels like the rotation is stabilizing Danny. They just gotta keep all these guys healthy until the All star break because they don't really have anybody else that's true.
Speaker 6: This is it, This is all they got, so they gotta stay healthy. Eight six six.
Speaker 7: Seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to gardena Man. Well, great to have you back on the show.
Speaker 2: Dave a Man, excellent show as usual. You know, our guy was pushing the panic button last night, not the usual Petrosen money types, but our guy, big Ben Mallard. You should have heard him, man, I mean it was just like, come on, Benny, you gotta understand that Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman are out here playing chess.
Speaker 6: Well, where's Ben Mallard?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: Ben Maller asleep? Is he? I want you to let me know?
Speaker 7: Does he even mention that the Dodgers came back to not only win this game, but win the series? And maybe somebody should remind Ben Maller and everybody else out there the Dodgers are just five months removed from winning ninety nine games last year and winning the World Series.
Speaker 6: I'm going out on a limb right here.
Speaker 7: Many but Andrew Friedman may know just a little bit more than a guy in a house doing a radio show.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're absolutely right, But hey, Ben does give you his love too, you know, so it's not always just bashing. He knows that.
Speaker 7: Ben the Basher, that's his nickname, Ben the Basher, who was a bash tonight.
Speaker 2: He'll find somebody. I'm just glad that Comporto's getting on track. Let's hope he can show signs of the slugger he was in San fran and New York. And what could you say about Ben Casparius? Man, you told us about him, you know from the beginning, the guy's a stud. Uh, he's a great addition to this team. And Uh, I'm not gonna worry about.
Speaker 12: Anything like you.
Speaker 2: I'm like you, Dave in the fact that I trust in Friedman, I trust in Dave Roberts, and I know that this is gonna be a back to back championship campaign. Go Dodgers.
Speaker 6: All right, Mannie, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Look, there were a lot of people that were upset with the Dodgers yesterday. And was it a great look to have a position player in the game in the sixth inning?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: But if you're about the Dodgers winning the West and doing what's best to win a series, they obviously had a plan for today, and they obviously didn't want to be down nine to nothing in the sixth inning. They didn't want to be down five to nothing going into the sixth inning, and they certainly did not want to have Matt Sower out there for nine runs in one hundred and eleven pitches. That was extreme and uncomfortable to watch, no doubt about it. But obviously Matt Sower bought in, the Dodgers bought in, and those are the circumstances right now to win a series, and the Dodgers won the series. And that's the most important part of this. Last night was uncomfortable to watch. It wasn't pretty. It's not ideal if you were here at the stadium, no doubt about it. But if you care about the Dodgers navigating a marathon, nobody has done it better since twenty fifteen. Eight six six, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers get the win today five to two and take two out of three from the Padres, And today was a huge win more ways than one, especially after the way things went last night, and especially after the way things win in Saint Louis. Remember to start this six game road trip. The Dodgers lost the first two games in Saint Louis before Kershaw pitched a really good game to get them a salvage of that series coming into San Diego. So to take two out of three from the Padres was huge. The Dodgers have a day off tomorrow. They will host the San Francisco Giants for a three game series this weekend at Dodgers Stadium, and then they'll see the Padres again for four games, and they'll close out the next homestand that is ten games long with the Washington Nationals.
Speaker 6: We have off date Dodger talked for you tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Ken Rosenthal will be our guest and on Yoshi Yamamoto will be on the mound for the Dodgers, facing the Giants for the first time this year.
Speaker 6: The Giants, by.
Speaker 7: The way, they have some of that twenty twenty one mojo going on right now, because if you look at their lineup, you're wondering, how are they in second place in the NL West, only one game back of the Dodgers. Well, they're gonna have to beat the Dodgers without Matt Chapman, who's on the il with a right hand injury and without Patrick Bailey, who's on the IL as well. And the Giants pitchers are not as good away from that ballpark as they are in other stadiums. So I would venture to say the Dodgers have a very good chance to get at least two games over the San Francisco Giants this weekend at Dodgers Stadium, Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock on Friday, with Tim Kats first pitch at seven to ten from Dodgers Stadium on Friday night. That'll do it for us from Petco Park in San Diego. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. You can also make Dodger Talk a preset on your iHeartRadio app make it number one and Petro Some Money number two, just to say you did.
Speaker 6: Petros and Money are coming up next.
Speaker 7: Thanks to Dwayne McDonald here in San Diego, Thanks to Colin ye back at our Burg Bank Studios, and thanks to you for listening. Be safe out there, and we'll talk to you tomorrow night at seven o'clock for off day Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: But you got more great sports talk coming up. Next with Petros and money once again.
Speaker 7: The final score from Peco Park in San Diego. The Dodgers defeat the Padres five to two.
Speaker 6: See you