Speaker 1: It's nice side with Dan Ray. I'm WBSY, Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone, Thanks very much, Dan Watkins. As we move into our post of the program, will you have a chance to participate here in this participatory sport called talk radio. My name is Dan Ray, and we are joined by Boston City Councilor Ed Flynn, and we want to talk about some action that occurred here in Boston within the last I guess twenty four to thirty six hours. Ed Flynn, welcome back to night, said, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, Dan, It's good to be with you.
Speaker 2: Let me just get one thing really out of the way. And you were looking at the possibility of running for mayor of Boston this year, and it was a few couple of weeks ago that you made the announcement that this was not your time, You were not going to be running this year. What went into that decision? If you if you could share any any insight with our audience, because I know there are a lot of people who were who were hoping that you would be on that you will be in the ballot for city council. But they were hoping you're going to be in the ballot in the mayor's race. What what went into your thinking?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: No, thank you, Dan, it's a it's a it's a good question. I had a lot of people reach out to me asking my opinion or asking my advice on what what I thought about the next about the mayor's election and what I what I consider running I did. I did seriously consider it. I I did decide that it's likely that I will run for one more term on the on the Boston City Council, and I do want to continue working in city government. I I know that there are a lot of significant challenges facing the city. I still think I have something to offer, whether that was for higher office or whether it's currently at the City Council. So I'm comfortable with my decision of running for one more term of the City Council, and I guess I'll see what happens after that, whether I leave politics or I'd like to work in helping returning veterans dealing with PTSD related issues. But you know, I love the city. I want to be involved, I want to stay active and want to provide positive leadership.
Speaker 2: Well, your city has a great tradition of leadership in Boston, Obviously everyone is aware that your dad was mayor for many years. He was elected for two terms here in eighty three and eighty seven, and also in ninety one. I should actually that's right, three dms and then served as US ambassador to the Vatican and has been involved in the city well, he himself had been on the city council as well. So let's talk about ice raids. We have had it. This is Thursday, Monday. We had a changing into the guard in Washington. President Biden left the office for the final time. President Trump returned to sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue, and there has been already across the country about five hundred ice arrests with the purpose of deporting these individuals, many of them some of them having come here in Boston. It's been a little unclear. I do know that there was a network, Fox Network was embedded with the the raids here in Boston. And actually we have some interesting sound. There was one individual who was arrested, and this is courtesy of Fox rob Play Cup thirty one. This gives you a sense of what it was like out there that you're going to hear. You have to listen carefully to this a man who's alleged to be a Haitian gang member, who was here and who allegedly and again allegedly was facing upwards of seventeen serious criminal charges and described as a gang member. This is what he had to say as he was being put into a wagon to be transported. I assume to a nice detention center. Go ahead, Rob, I'm not going back to Hayden.
Speaker 5: I mean no Biden for aver bro. Thank Obama for everything that he said for me.
Speaker 2: Both he was not happy with Donald Trump, he liked Joe Biden, and he may find himself unceremoniously deported because of his criminal record and also being here illegally as an illegal alien. What's been going on my understanding in talking with you earlier today, did you be getting some phone calls from around the city.
Speaker 3: That's correct, Dan, I have received calls from residents to throughout the city, and I have talked to people in public Safety and Greater Boston as well. But I do know that Immigration custom Enforcement federal officials are in Boston and they are doing immigration reglated issues in terms of making arrest for people with outstanding warrants, whether they have open criminal charges, convictions, especially for serious criminal charges. I do know that ICE is here in Boston, and I think they're following up on the promises made by President Trump when he ran for president that this is exactly what he was going to do. And it seems like he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do during the campaign. What I believe, Dan, I think it's critical as it reates the city of Boston. I think it's critical that the Boston Police Department, under Commissioner Cox, I think they have to maintain a positive, respectful, working relationship with federal law enforcement partners, including ICE. I believe when someone commits a crime, regardless of their immigration status, I don't think we can stand in the way of justice for a victim or respect for the rule of law and society. I think it's critical that Boston Police develop a working relationship with Immigration custom Enforcement, and I have asked Commissioner Cox to meet directly with ICE to discuss outstanding issues and communication challenges that have been there for a long period of time between Boston and federal officials.
Speaker 2: That meaning, have it taken place, to the best of your knowledge, To.
Speaker 3: The best of my knowledge, no, it has not, Dan, I don't know if you if you're familiar, but I sent I sent a detailed letter to the Police Commissioner seeking clarification regarding the number of federal immigration detainer request Boston or Boston Police rather received last year. Twenty twenty four, The Herald reported that there were one hundred and ninety eight immigration detainer requests by Ice last year, far higher than the fifteen detainer requests communicated by the Police commission in a letter directly to the City Council in the City Clerk. So you know, I have significant concerns and questions about the discrepancy of this data. Following this letter to the Police Commissioner, I also filed the hearing order that I spoke on recently. But I think it's important Dan to have the most updated, inaccurate information, and I want to know why there's this discrepancy of data between Boston Police and federal ICE officials. I could see if it was one or two off, that may have been a clerical mistake, but one hundred and six seventy or one hundred and seventy five that's not a clerical mistake. Boston Police shocked it up to some type of issue with the fax machine. But I'll give them the benefit of the benefit of the doubt. But I do think that Boston Police in ICE need to sit down, communicate and discuss communication challenges that they're currently facing.
Speaker 2: Did did you ever get a response? I'm looking at the letter right now. You issued this letter on January ninth, earlier this month to Michael Cox, Boston Police Commissioner. You wrote, and it's regarding twenty twenty four Boston detainer request. I'm running today seeking clarification regarding the number of federal immigration detainer requests Boston received in twenty twenty four. The Boston Herald reported today that there were one hundred and ninety eight immigration detainer requests by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement ICE last year, far higher than the fifteen detainer requests communicated by the Boston Police Department in a letter to the city Clerk, I have concerns and questions about the discrepancy of this data. Difference between fifteen and one hundred and ninety eight that's a huge difference, an absolutely huge difference. Did you ever get a response from the commission?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I was disappointed I did not receive a response to the letter. I do think that I should receive a response, and it's not just about me, it's about the residents of the city. When I send a letterature someone in my official capacity, I think I'm speaking on behalf of my constituents in the residence as well. So I do think the residents are entitled to know if there was a discrepancy in the data and why there was a discrepancy in the data. When you're an elected official, you like to have the most updated, inaccurate information, and when you're not provided accurate, updated information, it's frustrating. So I think it's worth us, worth the city Council to discuss it, to have a hearing what broke down in terms of the communication between the police commissioner and the ice chief here in Boston. Todd Lyons a well respected public safety professional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell you this. We have been questing Commissioner Cox to come on this program for over a year now to talk to our listeners and answer questions here on Nightside, and we have been declined. He's never His public relations people have always told us, well, his schedule is very busy, and I have no doubt, but he certainly has he's at a public meeting with twenty people or something like that. He can be here at a public meeting virtually on nightside and talk to hundreds or thousands of Bostonians on any given night, and it's very frustrating. Probably the most uncooperative Boston Police commissioner that I've ever experienced, going back a long way, that's for sure. Let's take a break. I want to find out what the status is in terms of Boston as a sanctuary city, because I keep reading all the remarks the governor now says we are not a sanctuary state, although we do provide sanctuary for indie visuals who are coming into the state. I'll take the governor at her word. I want to find out from you is Boston a sanctuary city? And I also want to have the listeners an opportunity to call and ask any questions of you. And I also would like to know from my listeners do you feel that you as as as a resident, whether you're in Boston or somewhere else. Are you happy that ICE is now out trying to make an affirmative effort to get illegal aliens who have committed criminal acts up to an including murder out of this country or do you feel that is a waste of time? Uh, And we should go back to the to the policies of the previous administration. I'd love to know what people think. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. My guest Boston City Councilor Ed Flynn, and we're talking about I think probably one of the most important issues of our time, because that illegal immigrant or illegal alien who is deported tonight or tomorrow may may have been someone who would have imposed a criminal action upon you or a family member. Think of it that way. This is this is a weird time and a lot of people have I think misplaced priorities. Ed Flynn has no misplaced priority. He is actually concerned about the residents not only of his district, but of the entire city of Boston. Join the conversation back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: My guest is Ed Flynn, Boston City Councilor. Is Boston a sanctuary city?
Speaker 3: Dan, It's what I think needs to happen here in Boston in the country. I think the city needs to explain exactly what the term is and what it means. I think people have different definitions of it, and that's one of the reasons I asked the Commissioner and ICE to meet to clarify exactly what will happen to immigrants in this city, especially those that are that are arrested and convicted and have a criminal record. What is the role of the Boston Police, What is the role of the federal government. I don't think, to be honest with you, Dan, Boston has an understanding or of exactly what is going to take place, and I don't think they've communicated with ICE at all. So what is lacking is an understanding of what is happening without a criminal justice system in Boston and people that are in in the country illegally or undocumented, what is their status as it relates to being arrested. I think if someone commits a crime, in my opinion, if someone commits a crime, they have to be dealt with with the criminal justice system, and regardless of what that particular crime is. I don't think we're I think Boston police need to work closely with federal officials to provide the safest community we can. I don't know about the terminology. I would say that we are, but I also understand that people are saying that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is not. So I really don't have the best definitions on it.
Speaker 2: Just to back you up on it, let me play. This is Governor Maura Heally talking with WBZ CBS Boston's John Keller cut number thirty rob.
Speaker 6: Foreseeing the number of migrant families coming into Massachusetts go way down. That's good because I've also sent the message Massachusetts, we are not a sanctuary state. If you come here, there is not housing here, and I think that's been effective in changing the trajectory of what we're seeing.
Speaker 2: So so the governor says, we're not a sanctuary state. Okay, I'm assuming that in order for Boston to be a sanctuary city. I'm assuming that the city Council must must consider a resolution and then which would be signed off by the mayor. But to the best of my knowledge, there's no resolution that has been passed by the city Council and signed off by the mayor. And I stand to be corrected by that Council of Flynn if I'm.
Speaker 3: Wrong, and no, I think I think you're correct. There was a there was an under Mayor Walsh and and I believe it was City Council as Zakim City Council ZACOM really played a key key role on on this issue on the City Council. But but Dan, what what what? What also is happening is the the residents don't have any idea of what the terminology is because the city leaders haven't explained it to them and Boston Police has not communicated at all on what exactly is taking place in the city. Usually you could get that done for the Boston City Council to have a hearing, to have the Police commission to come in to ask these questions. But I do know that the Boston Police is not interested in coming to the City Council to just to discuss this issue. So when you don't have accurate information, it does seem like people make up their own information.
Speaker 2: I don't see. I don't see, Council why the City Council can't issue a directive to the Police Commissioner. I know that he works for the mayor and does the Mayor's bidding. I get that, but you're an equal branch as far as I'm concerned in Boston, as the legislative branch here, you should have the absolute authority to force him to commit and answer questions on a reasonable schedule. I mean, you can't say to him, say they show up at three o'clock in the morning, but there could be a time selected so that he would commit and answer questions. Let's do this, and.
Speaker 3: I agree again, I agree, thank you, and.
Speaker 2: I hope that you guys considered. I know that the City Council right now is an interesting group of people who are dealing with, you know, some issues apart from their responsibility, some of them apart from their responsibilities to represent their constituents. And I know that there's there's you know, different clicks and all of that, and it's difficult to get the City Council to move in one direction or the other. But I hope that in the interest of of clarity, they would do that and just find out what the city status is, particularly now in view of what the governor has said repeatedly that we are not a sanctuary state.
Speaker 3: Dan know what. One of the issues, one of the issues we have on the council is most of my colleagues on the City Council were supported for their campaign by Maya Wu and so they will not hold any issue. They will not have a hearing if it's controversial or if it if it causes any problems for the administration. So they can just sit on resolutions, they can sit on hearing orders and not hold anything because they don't want the controversy. We had a nine hour meeting yesterday on White Stadium. Yeah, and many of my colleagues didn't even bother showing up because it's a controversial issue and they did not want to be on the wrong side the administration.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you that's that is not good for the residents of Boston, and the residents Boston, in my opinion, need to wake up and they need to perhaps inject some new blood into that city council because normally there's a there's a tension that exists between the you know, when when the government is doing its its job correctly, the city council and the government and the mayor sometimes are at odds on issues and they work things out. If the city councilors, you know, unlike yourself in a and two or three others just roll over for the mayor what's the purpose of the city council. Then it's it's very frustrating. I'm not a Boston resident, you know anymore. I grew up in the city uh and and I think I think Boston is facing some real serious issues, one of which we're talking about tonight. My guest councilor Ed Flynn will take some phone calls. I do have a couple of lines at six one, seven thirty. Those two lines are open and the other lines will sixty. Feel free to join us and we will will discuss this issue. We do know that Massachusetts is not a sanctuary state. I think the governor said that she actually uh is anxious to have criminals removed from the state. I mean, we have enough criminals here. We had we had arraignments today in Middlesex Court for three inmates who basically did a beat down on some guards, and so we have plenty of criminals here. We don't need to import more criminals, and we need to get rid of as many of the criminals as we possibly can, particularly those who really have no right to be here, are here illegally. We'll be back on Nightside, coming back right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on.
Speaker 2: Boston's news radio, my guest Boston City council Ed Flynn talking about the ice raids in Boston over the last thirty six hours. And I think you told me today as you had called all from calls from residents in Boston in a Fields corner, East Boston and Trousetown's amongst other places. Correct, that's correct, Dan, Okay, let's let's go to phone calls here and see what people have to say. They can express whatever opinion. Again, if you have questions, feel free to direct them to counselor Flynn. We ask everybody to respect the guests as we respect. The call is Mark and Cambridge Mark first, this hour and nightside.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hey Dan, Hey, Counselor Flynn, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 8: I would like to say that I lived in Boston all my life. I live in Cambridge now, but I still work in the Boston area towing and everything else I do with tip away and towing.
Speaker 7: I'm a operator.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I'm gonna keep this short and simple.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, in my opinion, the law is a law, and that is be here on American soil. And you are illegal, you are subject to erect and importation.
Speaker 9: ICE.
Speaker 8: In my opinion, ICE is doing their job and they're doing what their so Tom Holman instructed them to do, and that is to go out and look for the criminal illegal aliens.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what that's what you know, Mark, You're absolutely correct. That is what ICE is doing at this point. And today I was listening to, uh, some of the comments by the advocates for illegal immigrants who basically are saying, well, they're coming into the churches, they're coming into the schools. There's no evidence of that as yet. They have arrested people in private residences who they knew were there or they said they had reason to suspect they were there, and these were people who had warrants out on them, and they're going They're not going after the low hanging fruit. They're going after people who should not be hearing, people who should be removed if they are here.
Speaker 3: I think that's I think that's I think that's the key. The key point, Dan is it seems like ICE right now is going after people with outstanding warrants and violent criminal past. And I think I think that's exactly what they should be doing. You know, anyone here with a with a open, open criminal case that has a violent, violent past. They they deserve to be in custody, whether it's in ice custody at Boston police custody custody.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I appreciate Mark, I appreciate your call. I got full Walms, I got to keep rolling here, but thank you. You're always welcome here on nightside. Thank you have a good one. Let me go from Mark in Cambridge. Let me get to Seawn in Brighton. Sean, you were next on nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Good evening, Dan, and good evening, counselaw and how Sean, it's good to be with you.
Speaker 10: Lifetime Boston resident and some big span, big fan of what you're doing. And as we work our way through this problem, guys, I think you'd agree with me. It's as bad as we've heard it is. The first guy they got today on the Fox News clip, Al Salvador MS thirteen wanted for aggravated murder back home into Paul was looking for him. I'll offer this, We're not any less of a country or a community now that he's going.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're a much safer community, a much safer country, and a much safer we call both of Massachusetts City of boss and I just don't understand the people who somehow feel that we should be obligated to protect criminal illegal immigrants or illegal aliens because they've changed the terminology now they call them new or whatever migrants. It's crazy, yeah, Dan, and Sean.
Speaker 3: And Sean made a good point when he brought up Interopol, and that is as you know, it's a it's an international basically a warrant system that can tell if there is an open warrant or open criminal case for someone, regardless of where they're living. It could be in Europe, it could be it could be somewhere else. But if someone is has a red flag and Interpol and they're pulled over, that warrant could pop up in the system and the person could be held in custody because of a open warrant in another country. That's a critical tool tool that we use here in the United States. But but it does help, and anyone that has an outstanding criminal open case in another country should be deal with appropriately and not giving a free pass.
Speaker 2: The days for prepasses are over. Hey, Sean, I appreciate your support, appreciate you listening to the program. We need to hear your voice more often. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 10: More before I go that guy go ahead, absolutely, you don't have the.
Speaker 11: Guy from Haiti.
Speaker 10: You don't have to go back there, but he can't stay here.
Speaker 2: Well that guy, that guy looked crazy. I saw that video and he was an expletive deleted to Trump and he was singing the praises of matter of fact. Let me play that again because people might not have.
Speaker 10: That's the sound by the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go, stay right there. I want you to hear it one more time. This is this is the the Haitian gang member who had seventeen criminal charges outstanding. As he was being put into an ice vehicle, he was screaming. We had to we had to bleep this a little bit, but you'll get the picture. Rob cut thirty one.
Speaker 5: I'm not going back to Hayden you feel, I mean, no fighting for aw bro say Obama for everything that he.
Speaker 2: Said for me. Both. That is the sound body of the year, Jean.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Thanks to good Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Miche. You keep rolling here real quickly. Luciano in Pennsylvania. Luciano, I only got at a bout a minute here before the break. Go right ahead. I'll get you in quickly.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Holding, the head of Home Land Security, says he's in New Yorker.
Speaker 12: He's not gonna be intimidated by Eric Adams of New York, Boston, Philadelphia. He says he knows where the migrants are at. He specifically stated, and he's not gonna be tim mad by none of these mayors. If worse comes to worst, we're gonna strip them of their uh federal aid and we're going to see who jumps first, he said. Holden said it on Fox News.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you, let me tell Youiano. Mayor Adams actually believe went uh. Mayor Adams, the mayor New York who who you referred to, actually was in Mara a Lago and basically said to Donald Trump that the Democrat that he didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left him. And I believe that he now feels that it's a huge problem in New York, don't I think Mayor Adams is going to be one of the leading mayors to cooperate. I'm not sure that Mayor who was going to cooperate, but I think Mayor Adams is a line. As a matter of fact, the mayor of Denver Colorado, who himself had staked out a pretty strong position, said now he's willing to cooperate on getting rid of the criminal element.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, counsel in Philadelphia, my home state.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from the Council of Luciano as much as I want to hear from you, Ed do you want did you want to comment on what you've heard from Mayor Adams?
Speaker 3: I think it's important to stan. I think it's important for mayors and governors to work closely with federal officials on all issues impacting public safety. And if an elected official is not working with the federal government, they should not be. I think they should be working with them. But if they are not, they should not be in their way are hurting them also. But you know, if we don't, if we don't work with our federal partners, we don't want to put any anyone, any public safety official their life and jeopardy either in danger, and those things can happen if city, state and federal are not on the same page and they're not working together when they're in the same neighborhood. So I think I think a working professional relationship between city, state and federal partners has to take place, and you know the politics, Dan should not be part of it as an elected official. What's important is the safety the security of the residents. I think we all support legal immigration, we support the rights of immigrants, but we also support safe communities. In the way you have safe communities is developing working relationships, in respectful partnerships between cities, state and federal officials. I think that's critically needed, especially in our big cities across the country, and it is.
Speaker 2: Much safer for everyone involved, including the illegals in their neighbors. If when they are taken into custody by local police on an outstanding warrant to cooperate with the federal government and if there's a detainer on that individual, allowed them to be transferred to ICE while they're in custody, because those ICE officers are walking into apartment buildings whatever, they have no idea what's on the other side of the door, and those politicians are putting men and women of law enforcement in extreme danger. Luciano, thank you for your call. I got to keep running here because we got to go to a break. Appreciated Luciano. Coming back on Nightside with Boston City Councilor Ed Flynn.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the window World.
Speaker 2: Night Side Studios on.
Speaker 3: W b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the cause we go. Let's go to market and Lexington. Mark next on nightside, getting a little tight on time here. Want to get a couple more folks in. Go ahead, Mark, Hi, good evening, good evening.
Speaker 11: Hey, thank you, thank you for taking the call. A lot brush well, Dan, thank you, the counch Will Flynn, thank you, thank you. I've been doing construction in Boston for forty years. Nights days, weekends, hot days, hot nights, cold nights. They're dare dropped by more than once, cut out, shook hands with everybody and as you are, wrote the community too. Nail, who doesn't get any of this. She is a one term wonder in that soccer field that is going to be a money pick. And as far as the police commissioner, he's out of touch.
Speaker 2: He's unavailable, let's put it. I certainly don't know if he's out of touch, Mark, but he's unavailable. He's unavailable to the city council, he's unavailable to the callers here on nightside.
Speaker 11: So I mean Nail wo and Governor of Healey. They were talking tough, but now reality is coming in. If they got federal funds to police, commissioner will miss that money. I mean, grow up, it's reality. Do your damn jobs.
Speaker 2: Well good point. Good point. Healey. By the way, has I think backtracked a lot and she's she's a lot more realistic at this point. But again, she's gone through this shelter crisis. I think that hit her like a ton of bricks. But yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Take I said one thing. Two billion dollars at hotels, laundry drop off, pickcaff meals six million dollars at a hotel in Taunton on uber are left rights. And now she wants to say, we've misinterpreted the status of the law, the right to shelter. She didn't know it was a mass resident totally counsel.
Speaker 2: And she's gonna she's gonna make it up now by taxing candy.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, how about that council of friends. Best of luck, And I tell you what, when the new mayor is elected, and I believe it to be Jason Kraft, he you will have a safe landing.
Speaker 2: And God bless it's Josh Craft. We talked about Josh craft last night.
Speaker 11: Mayo in Governor early one shot wonders sparnlight was too big. Take your a and grow up.
Speaker 2: I appreciate, appreciate you. Thank you so much, God bless very welcome. We're going to keep going here and you're going to try to get a couple more in quickly if I can, Mike and Quincy. Mike, you got to be quick for me. Go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 13: Yes, mister Dean, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: You are the best.
Speaker 13: I always love he's the voice because you are the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Appreciate. What's your question of comments for Counsel Flynn.
Speaker 13: I want to say one thing, only one thing. Anybody think about the police officers and the people who put the I R s and they they put their life, their life, and then they don't even know if they're going to come back home to the White for the fix.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yep, that's a that's a good point. We we we just lost a et cetera official public safety official on the border of Vermont and Canada that was shot and killed. He was he was actually a US veteran as well, served in Ham's Way, but here he is working professionally protecting cities and protecting our country. And he was killed. But you're exactly right. Our law enforcement professionals across the Commonwealth, across the country a df forrest every day. At times, I think we don't appreciate them and we don't respect them in their families like we should. And I think that attitude has to stop.
Speaker 13: One I can't. I'm making nineteen ninety one from North Africa because you know what it is. They give me the option. I just married to my wife. Her name is Maggie. She's from California. We've been for twenty eight years. I put up with that A Trump, they got no problem with that. And I work with the Tea. I've become an operator, an instructor, and then I teach people how to drive the train and I teach constructor how to do trouble shot it. But the main thing is America, give me home, Lade and I have a tea home family, and I'm happy with that. America.
Speaker 2: Well, we're very happy Mike that you're here. You're a productive person and you love this country, and that's all we can ask for. I don't think a lot of these illegals who are criminals love this country. They look at this country as a place of escape and refuge and we don't need them. Simple as Mike, I got to get at least one more in Okay.
Speaker 13: You have to understand the things. You have to understand. This with Donald Trump, I have a lot of respect for him. Is if those people they're no respect below anything at else.
Speaker 2: You got it, You got it, Mike, call more often. I'm a little rush so I'm gonna let you run. But thank you so much. Great to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Mike, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Suzanna and Newton. Susanne, you gotta be quick for me. We're right up against the close.
Speaker 9: Yes, I will Dan counselor when, as half of Dan's audience does. I was not board in Massachusetts, but I think sanctuary estates Satuary cities. They need to be deported. They need ice police. And if they've come over the border and have a green card, that's one thing. If they're here and legally send them back if the country will take them, otherwise, put them in jail.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thank you, Susanna, appreciate it. Last call of the hour, Mike and Beverly, you're late. I'm going to give you about thirty seconds.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Mike, Hey, Dan, how good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 4: Thank you ed Place for sharing the being on tonight stuff like that. I don't live in Boston. I work in Boston, but I just tell you, like you listen to uh, you know, the mar Healey and Woo like they're out of their mind, and I don't understand what part they don't understand by the voters. The voters voted they want the league is deported, and how do I get it? Why they're not collect collaborating with the police on the ice and not talking to them and all that sort of stuff like what are you talking to? Not gonna have it's going to be a big issue, and why he's trying to protect illegals, and.
Speaker 2: We got to leave it there. I wish you called early, but I'm out of time. Thank you, Mike, appreciate it. To those of you who are still in the line, we're changing topics at the EF. You like to stay on and talk about the Middle East, stay with us, Flynn as always, thank you. I'm a voice of reason in radio. I think you're the voice of reason on the Boston City Council. Thank you, my friend, Dan.
Speaker 3: It was good to be with you, and it was good to be with your guests as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you see when you see Commissioner Cox, tell him we're looking forward to talking with the Mirror on nightside, because I'm not sure his press staff is telling him that.
Speaker 3: I will. Thank you all right.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon when we get back. We are going to change topics and talk about the Israeli hamas Ces fire with the with the the Council General of Israel to New England. Benny's SHARONI UH going to be a great guest, going to be a great conversation. Jump on board if you'd like. Back after the ten o'clock news on nightside